Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the Morning. I uh, I love this radio show. I love that you guys. I love that we bring things up on the air, and I love to make sure that listeners aren't in on what's going on. Don't talk about something and let it go, bring it up. I have a major development in the Luke Mexico spring Break El Mercado, El Mercado's I think that so I had I'm a Cuban, I'm fifty day.
Speaker 2: You said you don't know he's My dad is proud of me right now. I love your dad.
Speaker 1: I have an update this morning, and you'll never guess the decision that has been made collaboratively by Luke, Chelsea and myself. So for those that don't know this, Luke was scheduled to go with his fraternity brothers and a bunch of sorority people from Michigan State to Cancun, and then their story broke this week about them killing this cartel leader and then the cartel's doing crazy stuff and Portavarda and Guadalajara. Luke's gonna be in Cancun. So there's been a fear of do we go? Does he not go? I had to make this decision. Well, we collaboratively came up with a decision on this. What do you guys guess it is. He's going.
Speaker 2: I say he's not going. I think he's going somewhere else. Yeah, he's not going to Cancun. Well, will you call Chelsea please?
Speaker 1: I got to suspense on this one here, because yesterday there was conversations that took place on a family conference call. And I will say this. I'm gonna give Luke a lot of love on this one.
Speaker 2: Why don't we call Luke Luke? We can call Luke too. Luke had.
Speaker 1: Luke was really upset at first, and he was like, you, guys, I called my father in law and I had a conversation with my father in law and my father in law. I love Joe. He's Chelsea's dad adopted. He adopted Chelsea at three years old when her dad walked out. Guy's the greatest guy in the world. He is also a badass when it comes to giving advice. And he had said to me, he goes, you know, you got to let him be an adult. You got to do He kind of did all that stuff. So he's he said, you can't just all of a sudden say no, you're not going because he's paying for half of this, saying, you know, the whole deal, and he's like, you have to give him the ability to make his own decisions on stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Well, Chelsea, are there, I'm here. How you doing? Howl? These guys have no idea where this is going to go.
Speaker 1: You ready, Okay, Luke's we're talking Luke spring break here right now. If you don't know what we're talking about, Luke is going on the trip, and so is Chelsea.
Speaker 3: Ah, listen to this, this one.
Speaker 2: My mom is going on spring right My.
Speaker 4: Mom is going on like she's gonna sit there next to them.
Speaker 2: And let me tell the let me tell the rest of the story. I'll let Chelsea tell it to.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Chelsea and I have a really good friend who's works for the Marriotte people, and so Chelsea was talking about what was going on and not wanting to him to go. The other parents, a lot of others started calling after our conversation, called up. They don't want their kids to go in Chelsea's friend who does work in Cancun and works in you know, they're at the Marriott.
Speaker 2: Well, explain what's going on? Explain?
Speaker 4: Yeah, First, of all, my dad did not adopt me three.
Speaker 2: We'll start all right, how old were you? How old were you when he adopted you?
Speaker 4: Thirteen?
Speaker 2: He came into your life though, when I was nine.
Speaker 4: So but thank you for that. But so then what happened was my friend Courtney, her son works for Marriott, and so I was I said to her, She says that for an adventure.
Speaker 1: I'm like, do you want to go?
Speaker 4: How do you feel about going to Mexico on Saturday for a couple of days?
Speaker 2: And just like, I'm.
Speaker 4: Down because I thought for sure to say no. Because I said no, and I said okay, she said, you know, Noah works at Marriott. Let me see if I can get us a cheap room rate.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So before I knew it, within a couple of hours and I was texting me other moms. Is that crazy that I'm going? They said no. I texted Luke, give me your flight information. She sent it to me. I said, I might be on your flight. Are you okay with that? He said, I'm okay if I get to go, Wow, okay, compromise. So, so are you staying at the same hotel or are you just going to be in Cancun at the same time. No, no, no, I'm staying at a hotel that it's a couple hotels down.
Speaker 2: Okay, see this is forbid.
Speaker 4: Anything happened, Yeah, right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would make me feel better. So here's here's the story. I want to know.
Speaker 1: I want to know if there are any parents that have ever done this but didn't tell their kid that they were going on spring break, because I think it would be funny to hear if parents have ever done this before where they kids went on a spring break vacation. You guys ended up booking it. Do you remember when Channon, when you and I and Spike and all the people that were on the show at that time that we had when we did the thing where we sent the mom to spring break and.
Speaker 2: She knocked on the knocked on the door on the air.
Speaker 1: Chelsea, can I tell you that? Can I tell you the cutest phone call that we had? So we called Luke last night and Luke was with Riley, his lady friend, and we were talking about it, and Riley was so funny and she goes, she goes, oh my god, missus, c are you going to come party with us? She was like, so I was like, that is a cool kid by the way that she was that you know, could usually be like, oh, this is a downer Luke. Actually, Chelsea, I'm going to tell you something. I've been really proud of Luke through this whole thing. Oh yeah, because he can be a dick, but he was very he understood stood our fears about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny. He would call me every day. He's like, I just want to I'm calling and I'm checking up on you. I said, you are Are you checking up on how I feel about the trip or are Yeah?
Speaker 6: You gotta do me one thing, though, Chelsea. You gotta have dinner with Luke and the whole team at h your brother in law's restaurant.
Speaker 1: You know you got you gotta know you do have to go over and get a picture with them for social media purposes.
Speaker 4: I believe me, I've been on going over.
Speaker 1: With them.
Speaker 2: What's out Emily High? Hi? First time, long time on the phone.
Speaker 6: When I was a senior in high school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would not let me go on my high school trips, and so the only way he let me go was with my mom. So she came and.
Speaker 2: We can kind of share a room, but we didn't.
Speaker 1: The phone line is the yeah, your phone line, unfortunately is really tough to hear from right now, I apologize?
Speaker 2: Is that better?
Speaker 1: Real quick? Who got more more of the the C boys at the pool? You or your mom?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, I wasn't really paying attention for sure.
Speaker 1: By the way, you would be bad around the Theta Kai guys because the Theta Kai guys for some reason, they let they love moms. The yeah their mother lovers. Hold on, Taysha, are you there, Taysha.
Speaker 4: I'm here, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Say to my Chelsea?
Speaker 4: Hey, Chelsea, So this call is actually just for you, Chelsea, please keep an eye out on the boys because my son is going and he's also.
Speaker 2: A junior at ms U and knows your son too as well.
Speaker 4: And I am super nervous. So his name is Christian Ty.
Speaker 2: You said I'm gonna put you on hold. I'm gonna put you on hold. Give you can give me.
Speaker 4: Your son, So I'm literally gonna touching, I will and if something happened like I've got it.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, thank you, I'll put you on with Lydia. So quick question for you with how close were you to saying no to this?
Speaker 2: Oh, I was already adamant saying no.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm twenty one, mom, you can't tell.
Speaker 4: Me what to do.
Speaker 2: I'm like, listen, you came out of me.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you what to.
Speaker 5: I'm staying on the resort.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. And he's like, I got it.
Speaker 4: The only good thing is that he actually kind of looks Hispanic. So I'm going with that, Holly, hopefully.
Speaker 2: Hopefully that helps me me.
Speaker 1: No American, I mean that that the people are worried because they've heard, Oh, I get her back by the way, I got disconnected by a mistake. Get That was the thing my brother Bill said. Is also a falsity to this whole thing that they're that they're targeting Americans. My brother Bill says, they're targeting just fear, and that was the thing that they were trying to do because they were pissed off about that. He says, nothing has happened since then, But then I read something about Mexico City. Jordan wants to make a comment about this whole situation. What's up, Jordan, You smart ass. I know you're gonna be a smart ass.
Speaker 5: No, No, this is actually this is actually a very good idea. This is kind of like sending Liam Neeson to Paris with his daughter just on standby, so when something does happen, she's she's there right away, so she could tear the entire carteld out.
Speaker 1: No, no, but Jordan's say the comment that you were going to say. It says on here. Jordan says, so if anything happens to Luke, it will also happen to Chelsea.
Speaker 5: That's not what I said.
Speaker 2: Video writes it down exactly as she hears it. My friend texted it in and I copied and pasted it.
Speaker 1: Jordan Jordan's I want I want you to know I've never met you face to face. I got to meet you sometimes face to face because I got to tell you he.
Speaker 2: Always has crazy. He's the victor of comments.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. He said, so, funny thing does happen to Luke, Chelsea will be able to kill the entire cartel.
Speaker 2: That is what you said.
Speaker 5: I actually yesterday with that comment, but I died too early. So yeah, but but yeah, she's definitely down there on stand by to kill everybody of anybody, even touches that kid.
Speaker 2: I fear for that cartel. That's right, Chelsea hey, real quick.
Speaker 1: Eight one zero is asking the question is asked you was going on spring break?
Speaker 2: Is? Oh, yeah, Hungary, I mean he is. Then we're safe. Kevin.
Speaker 1: If if Chelsea were to pay for you, would you like to go to and host go?
Speaker 2: Hel You have a good I'm gonna be in hearthetic listen.
Speaker 4: I was trying to figure out who would be crazy enough to go with me and go.
Speaker 2: Heavan, you let go.
Speaker 1: Michelle's calling me out? Why are you calling me out? Michelle?
Speaker 4: Back in two thousand and seven, I would going on the spring break with my son the Cantcoon for his senior trip non college, and you would spike right, I mean ragged on me to make me feel so guilty about going with him.
Speaker 2: And now what are you doing?
Speaker 4: I kept saying, wait till your kids get old enough.
Speaker 1: You still hold on to that later senior in high school, you should be.
Speaker 2: Going to I agree, Michelle.
Speaker 1: Michelle, mom here right now, same question I asked, Where you're getting a lot of looks from the kids when you're hanging out at the pool in your bathing suits.
Speaker 4: Nope, not at all, because I'm the party mom. I had so much fun that's.
Speaker 2: Break, and the kids all right, take care of yourself, Michelle a little break. Yeah, we're all right, Chelsea.
Speaker 1: I give Chelsea a lot of credit because it took her having figured a lot of stuff out of it. But h and thank you to thank you to Courtney and Noah her son for her help.