Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the Morning Show. So Shannon Wes has a a diary, but it's a different kind of diary. What kind of diary is that?
Speaker 2: It's a a voice memo diary. So like, I never had a diary growing up. I think I tried several times to keep one and it just never worked. But most people write in a notebook or something. He leaves himself almost every day. I would say, like he does a voice memo diary in his phone where he'll go on a walk or he'll you know, just whatever.
Speaker 3: It takes some time to himself.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to say jot down a few thoughts because he's not writing, but like, get out a few thoughts and then it gets saved in his phone.
Speaker 3: How long are his thoughts?
Speaker 2: Uh, like a minute, two minutes. Some of them are long, some of them are really short, some of them are really long. It just depends on what he feels the need to get out. But we were out to dinner with some friends on Saturday night and this came up and they could not believe that an adult.
Speaker 3: Man at that kept a diary. Does he ever go back?
Speaker 2: I can listen to him, that's yes. It bites me in the butt sometimes if we're like going back and forth about something and he's like, wait, I remember I talk to myself about this, and then it'll come up. But yeah, when did he start? Has he always have no idea? For as long as I've known him, he's done it.
Speaker 3: I like it. I have a diary, do you on my phone?
Speaker 4: I just have like a notes thing that I call Life, and I've just been putting all my thoughts in it since I moved to Detroit like six years ago.
Speaker 1: Do you uh writing it every day? Or you be occasional writer?
Speaker 4: I just do it when I am feeling something or going through something.
Speaker 3: And is it only going through bad things or do you No, it's some good thoughts.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of bad stuff, but like there are some good ones too that I just want to remember because it like dates them in your phone so that I can be like, right.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's what the voice memos do too, so you know the exact date. Now.
Speaker 2: I've never ever gone in his phone and listened to any of these, but I feel like, Mojo.
Speaker 3: Did you watch the show sex Life when it was.
Speaker 2: Remember how her husband read her diary and that was the whole premise of the show.
Speaker 3: It caused so much drama. That's that's that to me.
Speaker 1: If you go and read your spouse's diary or their journal, that is as big a violation is cheating on your spouse. It is that's their private uh, their their private time, that's their time when they're dealing with probably the most vulnerability, and if they wanted to share it with you, they would share it with you.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about parents that read their kids diaries?
Speaker 1: Because I feel their kids only if their kids are they feel are worried, are suicidal or something.
Speaker 3: If it's in my house, is even even a girl or girlfriend who it is you're talking kids? Kids?
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 1: I have moleskins, so you know, yeah, so I have those, and I actually have some from when Chelsea and I were going through really hard times and actually you know, going through marriage, counseling and possible divorce. I would never want her to read some of the things that I was saying during that, even well after we've gone through it. I have some from when I was going through my surgery. Chelsea actually bought me the moleskin to keep, you know, thoughts on what I was going through at the time, and some things were very hard to uh to go back and look at I.
Speaker 3: Would still looking at them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there are sometimes where you go back and you go God, you want to know where you are in certain places.
Speaker 3: And where you feel from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like if you had a really dark time in your life and you're going through a good time, sometimes you go back to that dark time to go you know what, I've come a long way.
Speaker 2: See if I if I were nosy enough to go through Wes's notes, like we've gone through periods like that, and I think knowing his true thoughts might spark.
Speaker 3: All like the yuckiness to come.
Speaker 2: Back, even though that's in the past and we've moved through it and we've worked through it or whatever. But I think just hearing it would probably make me feel certain way.
Speaker 1: He might actually he might actually think that or think that, Wow, look at where we have overcome.
Speaker 3: You know him for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, I know, my crazy brain, that's not how it would happen.
Speaker 1: I don't think, you know what the would be The hard thing hard thing for me doing a audible one is it would be a lot of ah. But also it you'd be long like my thoughts. If I write him down, I get more succinct with my thoughts. But you should hear me voice text people. I'll voice text people and I'll look and I'll go. That's like twelve paragraphs long. What's going on there? With a lot of corrections and commas and stuff. I'd love to eight four four Mojoe Live eight four four six six five six five four eight on a couple of these things.
Speaker 3: Who's who's got an adult diary?
Speaker 1: And then also, what do you think of keV saying if it's in my house, it's mine absolutely, even if it's if it's.
Speaker 3: My child's diary. What about your wife?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Whatever you want? Yeah, have you have you have your freedom, have your piece of mind, have your thing. But if it's my child and that's that's our diary.
Speaker 1: Wow, I think if I have you over at my house, I'm gonna keep you away. If I found your mole skin, I'd read it, would you absolutely?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna leave you Know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna leave it out on the counter at the station, dread see and I'm gonna it's gonna say Mojo's moles Mojo.
Speaker 3: I think and I'll take pictures of certain pages and send them to you so you know that I read it.
Speaker 1: Tim Richards told me a great app and I don't think it's around anymore. But it used to be where it was a picture diary and every day you were and I was going, this is when I was seriously going through a really struggle and Chelse and I were really struggling. Cav was or Tim was one of my buddies. I can fide it in, like, hey, I'm struggling, man, think of me and stuff. He told me about this, saying, you take a happy picture every day and then you write a thought down underneath.
Speaker 2: It, like a gratitude thinge similar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, kind of like a gratitude but it was but it was an app and you'd go through it, and I think the app went out of business because nobody had gratitude. But it was such a cool thing and you would go back to like a day and it would be like a picture of the sunrise or a picture of a great looking car, you know what I mean, Like you're like, oh, that's a cool looking car, and you would write a thought about it, and it was. It was really cool and I don't know if there is something like that still to the day, but if there is, text us or call us, because I'd like to know. No, none of our listeners have gratitude because nobody's calling right now.
Speaker 2: Or just nobody does journal or diaries anymore. I think people always wish I did. I always wish I got into the habit.
Speaker 3: Of doing that.
Speaker 4: M hm.
Speaker 3: It surprises me. You don't. Yeah, you seem like a journal are did you?
Speaker 1: Do you ever with Wes doing this? You guys every think about doing a couple's version of that.
Speaker 2: No, I think he to be honest with you now, crap. I think he did get me something for our wedding that was like a couple's line, a day journal or something. It's probably sitting on my nightstand. I should be visit that today.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We uh, we did one where there was a It was actually through our the church that we were going to at the time, where every night you would read basically a passage and then you would write in what it meant to you and you would put it together.
Speaker 3: And that lasted for about a week.
Speaker 2: Because you because you do it at night and by at nine o'clock don't even talk to me.
Speaker 3: It would.
Speaker 1: It was like a week and then it was like Real Housewives is on hold on Tyrone there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tym Road first time, long time.
Speaker 3: What's I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: You don't know how excited I am to finally give you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what's up?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Will you write it in your diary?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: I just wanted to say that, hen Mojoe, y'all see by some guys that will write in a diary.
Speaker 3: That's all I want to say. I love you guys, though, Tyrone, keep it. I want to be a missmit, Missmit.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what if you can keep a diary for a month and then share us on the air of your diary, We'll let you be a misfit.
Speaker 3: Instagram and all that is.
Speaker 5: I'll send you about picture.
Speaker 1: I will all right send it to us text nine five five zero zero. What's going on austin In? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I write songs and that's kind of my journal. That's cool, that's very cool. I can write them down and go back and listen to him and go, oh man. I felt like that on that day. Is there a genre of music? Is it pop? Country? Kind of all over the map, But I tend to write country even though I'm not a huge fan of it. Do you sing it all? John Oh, Austin, Austin, Do you sing it all?
Speaker 4: I do? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I play in different bands around town and sing classic rock and blues.
Speaker 3: Sing us a yesterday's journal entry, Been that one more time? A journal entry?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sing like one of your titles of your journals.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I got a song called bad Dream and it goes like I heard you talk in the other day about some playing heads to go.
Speaker 3: I thought that you were really here to stay. Turns out just to know the thing for me. My wow, that's actually pretty good. Give him applause for that. That's actually a lot to do.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 3: That's good. Good job man, Well, thank you very much. I just got to let you go on tuck.
Speaker 1: And And by the way, your bad Dream song is better than anything Chaplone has come out with.
Speaker 3: So just so you know what's up, Royal Hi, I I was just gonna say there.
Speaker 5: On the iPhone, they have a journal app that's specifically called journal, and I just recently started.
Speaker 4: Journally inherent because I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to try that. That's cool app. But you can do voice memos, you can do pictures in it. Where you can just type in it. I'm done.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know what, you're my favorite caller today because I'm going to go and use it I've never seen. I'm going to make sure that I do that because I don't want Kevin reading mine.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can lock all EPs now, but you can lock it so people can't get in it. Wow, that's great journal. I'm gonna try that, Royal. Thank you? All right, no problem? Hey what's going on? Nikki?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hey, how y'all doing? What're you good? What's going on? So?
Speaker 5: I don't keep a diary per se, but I do keep track of anything funny that happens in my life. And my ex husband who's still my best friend. His name is Jules, and I call it breaking the Rules with Nikki.
Speaker 3: And Jewles, and he's a podcast.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to do, like maybe a little funny, little book of silly things that happened.
Speaker 2: But it turns out.
Speaker 3: Last year, at age fifty, I started.
Speaker 5: A stand up comedy career and it came in totally handy because.
Speaker 4: I use it all the time.
Speaker 2: It's all your material right there, like the marvelous missus Masel and I have the best ideas.
Speaker 5: It's always when I'm in the shower, so I have to jump out and dry my hands off and hurry up and write it down.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Hey, quick question if you're if your former husband was your best friend or is your best friend? Why could you guys not stay married?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: It's we love each other, but we're not in love with each other. How's that? Okay? I like it. But you guys at least are nice with each other. And you guys still yeah, we talked every day.
Speaker 5: We were there for each other when we needed each other for our journeys, and now we've moved on to different places, but we still support each other and everything we do.
Speaker 3: I love it. You still get physical.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, uh no, but uh we do talk about our physically experiences.
Speaker 2: You guys, such an interesting podcast of two exes talking about their.
Speaker 3: Like dating current dating life. Quick question would be a lot of fun. Nikki, have you gone to girls? Oh yeah, I've been by my whole life. Okay, all right, that's right, off off radio. I can tell you an interesting fit about the story, but journal it and send it to me. I'd like to read it. Okay, all right, we'll do journal What is it called again, Nicky and Jewels? What they baking the rules with Nicky and.
Speaker 1: Jewels, Breaking the rules with Nicky and Jewels. I like it, right, put it data for today being on the Mojo on the Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I love it. I'll send you some bits, all right, send us some jokes. We want some jokes. Ken says that he journaled this morning. Was it before you came on the air with us, sir or what is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Every morning?
Speaker 3: Johnald like, yeah, I got a Bible at you know that. I kind of that's cool. You do the majority as a journal.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: It's inspirational to see that there's this many guys that are calling us up and saying that they're journaling.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's dope, man.
Speaker 1: It's you know, just affirmations that I need to tell myself, positive things that I want moving forward, you know, just.
Speaker 3: The team we focused keep me on the tryet for discipline.
Speaker 1: Love it can I love it, and I think you should continue to do it. And I think that this is actually a good conversation to be able to share with your friends on a podcast. So if anybody wants to share this. We'll podcast it and you can send it to your friends that maybe are on the CUSP or maybe they had just started journaling so they know there are more people out there that are doing it.
Speaker 3: Oh and don't you want to know what Nicky looks like? I want to know what Nicky Ajewels look like. They probably on a link somewhere. You got it, Yeah, I got that. You think, all right, we'll figure it out, all right. Thank you for the call.