Speaker 1: It is time now for a Christmas Wish live as it happens here on KTLGB. That's the way we do them, and sometimes it goes flawlessly and sometimes it's there's a little hiccup here and there. But at the end of the day we help somebody out who needs some help through the holidays. It's time for another Dave Ryan show for Christmas Wish. I'm going to check in with Brandon, who is our official delivery guy and hangs out outside the house and looks like a creep in a van. But he's not a creep in a van. It's Brandon from College Muscle Movers. Brandon, how are you this morning?
Speaker 2: Do well?
Speaker 3: Are you what time you have to get up? Brandon? To go do this anyway? I think today it was mythornity.
Speaker 1: Not too bad, okay, Brandon, thanks for what you do. And if somebody wants to move, let's say that they're going to move to Victoria, would you load their stuff up and move it to Victoria and put it in their new house?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Absolutely Okay, So get a hold of College Muscle Movers and Brandon, thanks for doing what you do. Please stand by. Let's meet our wish sure this morning. Marissa. Hi Marissa, Hi guys. Are you good? You were actually in here eight years ago for your thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was the crazy girl that loves al pakas.
Speaker 1: So you did you come in with an alpaca? We're trying to remember this.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I actually they I called an alpaca farm, and I'm like, the only thing I want to do for my thirtieth birthday is like go see alpacas. And I'm pretty sure they thought I was crazy because they don't normally have people like.
Speaker 6: At the farm.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and they're like, okay, we'll take you out there. And my husband at the time was just like me running after the alpaca is like a three year old and like wanting to give them hugs and everything.
Speaker 3: Else able I heard.
Speaker 7: They're kind of sometimes okay, you.
Speaker 4: Have to like some of them have nice personalities and some of them don't. Like if you get a mom and a baby, the mom is like super territorial, but like the old, like the old grumpier ones, they're like the nicer around.
Speaker 7: Okay, good to know.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. Well, I'm glad you're here. Yeah, totally different reason.
Speaker 7: This year totally different reason the sun.
Speaker 1: You are doing a Christmas wish for a coworker, yes, at your daycare school.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I am a toddler teacher. I work at a private daycare, private preschool called Knowledge Beginnings in Badness Heights, And so she is a fellow coworker of mine. Not only do I teach her son, but she teaches my son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you kind of became friends.
Speaker 4: We kind of became friends. So I've been there like over a year. We kind of became friends. My son started going to this daycare, but prior to me working there, and then I met her and she is just like one of the most kindest, sweetest people.
Speaker 3: So I love that.
Speaker 1: Either way, if you want to watch this whole thing, Marissa is on camera right now at Dave Ryan TV on YouTube, and you would watch Christmas wish as it unfold.
Speaker 5: Marissa, he moved the mic just to the side of your face. Show you beautiful face on the camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all we can see is the Dave Ryan logo.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 6: Ok?
Speaker 3: Yeah, perfect?
Speaker 1: Now, Now, remember this happens without a net. Last time I tried dialing out on this phone, which we bought at Radio Shack in nineteen ninety four. It didn't work, but let me try it again to see if it works.
Speaker 6: Okay, it sounds good.
Speaker 9: Okay, good tign Already there we go.
Speaker 6: At least we have a dial tone.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jenny, you're gonna have to dial it and put it on hold, so thank you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: And the warranty ran out on this radio shack phone in nineteen ninety five, so it's kind of disappointing, but you know, we'll make.
Speaker 3: It work somehow.
Speaker 1: Jenny is dialing the wish and what did you tell her to make sure she answers the phone this morning?
Speaker 3: Actually I did it.
Speaker 4: My boss Holly, who's our executive director, was kind of like, okay, you have a special phone call coming, and she I was like, it's from a number you don't know as answer it.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, hopefully she will.
Speaker 1: Hello. Is this Melissa. I'm Melissa. It's Dave Ryan on the radio over at Katie WB. Have you heard of KATWB before?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 8: I have.
Speaker 1: Okay, would you maybe have any idea? I'm not even going to tell you why we're calling, but I can help you save fifteen percent on your car insurance.
Speaker 3: Don't hang up. Don't hang up.
Speaker 6: I'm joking.
Speaker 10: I don't know if I.
Speaker 3: Am here to say that.
Speaker 1: I gotcha Marissa from work, and your friend is here.
Speaker 4: Say hi Marissa, Hi Melissa, Hi Maria.
Speaker 1: It's Marissa and Melissa. Isn't that adorable? So Marissa wrote in for our annual KATIEWB Christmas Wish. Are you familiar at all with Christmas Wish?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 11: Not? Really? Actually?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Well, basically what we do is we ask people who listen to KATIEWB to tell us about somebody they know that might be I don't know what the word is, struggling or challenged a little bit at Christmas because of their situation. And she wants to help you out because she loves you, and we're learning a little bit about you and what she's gonna do if you don't mind, She's going to take a minute or two to read her Christmas wish for you, Melissa.
Speaker 3: Can she do that?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: Hi Melissa?
Speaker 7: Okay a right.
Speaker 4: There is a quote by Robin Sharma that perfectly describes Melissa's wish story. Remember that the happiest people are not those who have everything or those getting more, but rather those who are giving more. I'm a firm believer that certain people are meant to cross your path in life and forever change the way you appreciate all of life's blessings. Melissa crossed my path over a year ago when I started working as a toddler teacher at a private daycare in Badness Heights called Knowledge Beginnings. Melissa is not only my coworker, but my son's preschool teacher and fantastic mom of three beautiful children.
Speaker 6: For those of you who know her of cross paths with her, know.
Speaker 4: That she is one of the most dedicated teachers to her students, her classroom, and her family. She is truly one of the most giving, kind and selfless people I've ever met in my life and has truly taught me that happiness is not defined by things, but by spreading kindness and joy. Racily, Melissa has encountered quite the hardship. She was able to get out of a rough situation and move out on her own with her three children to her own apartment in Woodbury as a single mother, she is truly starting over with the bare minimal things to support her and her children, and this Christmas, I have nominated her for Dave Ryan's Christmas wish. No mother should ever have to worry each day about how she will afford basic things, how she'll pay rent to keep a roof over her head, or how she will begin to even tackle affording Christmas presents for her children, or let alone getting a gift herself. Melissa spent so much time giving everything she has to everybody else around her that it's time she and her family received some blessings and we took care of her today. Your wishes come true. And I hope you know how much you are loved, appreciated, and cared for by your friends, family, and students.
Speaker 6: In your community.
Speaker 4: We love you, Melissa, and we hope these blessings truly make your Christmas beautiful and forgettable. And I'll end it with this, what if Christmas doesn't come from a store, maybe Christmas means a little bit more from the Grinch.
Speaker 6: And we love you, Melissa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was very sweet.
Speaker 8: That was beautiful, It really was.
Speaker 1: And so to follow up with her idea, we want to help you out. And and the first thing I talked to Marisa a couple of days ago, and I said, well, what is she? What is what is Melissa? What does Melissa need? She needs a vacuum cleaner. Yep, do you need a vacuum cleaner?
Speaker 12: Well too that I have. They work, They just still work very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that happened. Vacuum cleaners they're they're just they do that. We got you an expensive Bissel cross Wave edge Find vacuum cleaner. Merry Christmas. But wait, there's more, because we're not going to just give you a vacuum cleaner and say that's it, but we do.
Speaker 8: I would be happy with just that.
Speaker 1: I'll bet you would. It's so important working vacuum cleaner. You've got. You've got three kids. Let's let's talk about Elijah. Elijah's your baby. Fifteen months old? Yes, yes, So for Elijah. We got some toys, we got some clothes. We got a paw patrol fire engine. I think that's about the right age. It's getting pretty close to the right age.
Speaker 3: Avery. How old is Avery?
Speaker 11: Two?
Speaker 8: Three?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Avery? Is that a boy or a girl?
Speaker 3: Name?
Speaker 13: A girl name?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I love that name.
Speaker 1: If I ever have another baby, I'm a name or him Avery. We've got some lounge wear and some trendy outfits. We got a toy doctor kit, a toy makeup.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, Yeah, and some bath bombs for avery, some things to put under the tree. And is it Bryson that is your six year old?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, tell me about Bryson. What is Bryson into?
Speaker 13: I mean, he's right now seriously into legos. Otherwise he loves like any any kind of dinosaur. He's just been really into, like the Jurassic World stuff. Otherwise, he just likes building it, like working with his hands. I guess, like, I think.
Speaker 1: We've got a Jurassic World dinosaur revealed toy that we think he'll like. We've got minecraft legos, so he can. I hope he scatters him on the floor and you step on him in the dark, and just remember this Christmas wish. Magnetic tiles. We got some cargo pants and a vest, and you know, kids don't care about clothes, but mom does and he needs them anyway. We got a hoodie and some khakis. And then for you, Melissa, just to kind of ease the burden, we get just kind of a boatload a variety of different things. Here one hundred and one dollar Holiday Station Stores gas card to cover a couple of tanks of gas. Three hundred dollars down at Target for gifts or groceries or Tiede laundry detergent or whatever you need. That vacuum cleaner, you know, that's a bissele. That's a good one. One hundred dollars Amazon gift card, Broadway Pizza. Sarah never read to you a Broadway pizza donated one hundred dollar Broadway Pizza gift card to everybody who's getting to wish this year.
Speaker 3: So you got that.
Speaker 8: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: And here's something nobody has ever, ever ever wished for a free oil change. But guess what, Me and everybody at Valveleene has donated three, no two free oil changes from Valveleene instant oil Change. And thanks to Amy and Valveleene for donating them. And it's one of those things where you don't go, wow, I really want to get an oil but sometimes you go, oh, I'll get to get an oil change free for the next two.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's great.
Speaker 1: And uh and also we got one hundred dollars gift card for you to Woodhouse Spa get some relaxation and uh. And Marissa has offered to watch the kids for as long as you want a week, a week or two.
Speaker 6: I will watch them.
Speaker 3: You know I will, and so you.
Speaker 1: Can go to one of their three locations. Thanks to Woodhouse Spa for a generous donation, and if you're looking for a holiday gift idea, go to Woodhouse Spa. Woodhouse Spa. It's either spas or SPA, I'm not sure. Woodhouse Spa dot com. And that is for you, just to send a little love and encouragement and a thank you for doing all you do. And I know you're kind of starting a new chapter of your life and thanks be a little bit challenging, but I hope this makes your Christmas for you and the three babies a little bit brighter.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much. I seriously appreciate all of this. I'm gonna have to have a list of everything. I don't even remember.
Speaker 1: That's something you don't have to now. Here's the thing outside your house. There's a guy named Brandon. He works for College Muscle Movers, and he's loaded all this stuff up into his van and he's going to bring it in for you as soon as we're done. If you peeked out your front window, you'd probably see him. He's out there right now, so within seconds.
Speaker 8: You know, apartment right now, he's there right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's there right now.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: So within within five minutes, you know what's going to happen. You're gonna have that bistle plugged in and turned on and sucking up dirt.
Speaker 13: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Melissa, thanks for letting us step into your day, and I hope you have a merry, merry Christmas. From all of us here at KWB, say goodbye, say goodbye to Marissa, Meliss.
Speaker 7: I'm so glad that I'm Dave Ryan.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to thank everybody here at the show and all of the people that don'tate it to Christmas wish. You truly make a difference in people's lives who really need it, especially around the holiday. So I just wanted to thank all of you guys, and I wanted to thank Melissa for everything that she's done. And yeah, I hope you have a great Christmas.
Speaker 7: You deserve it.
Speaker 12: Thank you, Marissa. I really appreciate all this. Yeah, I'm so truly speechless.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 12: I'm extremely happy and thankful for all of this.
Speaker 1: So thank you, thank you, and thanks for doing what you do, and good luck on this new chapter in your life.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 1: You're so right, Marissa, that we need donations because a lot of these are funded by Sure. We have a lot of help from Treasure Island Resort and Casino, and a lot of help from holiday station stores. But we could only do a few wishes if it weren't for your donation. So if this made you go, wow, you know what, I've got it pretty good. I've got toys, I got a tree that's coming up, I got a working vacuum cleaner, whatever, then go online katiewb dot com slash wish and please make a donation. And maybe you're very blessed this Christmas. Maybe you're going to Orlando and Disney for Christmas, or maybe you've got a big maybe you've got a bunch of presents or a new car, whatever, you are very blessed. If you can share some of that with people who need it, we will take very good care of your money. It is tax deductible. If you're going to donate a lot and you care about that, it is tax deductible from youth link. So go online KWB dot com slash wish. Thank you Marissa for coming in. You were a delight. Hey take a minute please and donate for Christmas wish because we do need your help to make these happen all the way up until the day before Christmas Eve. I think we're gonna do Christmas wishes, so donate please on KDWB dot com, Slack The Dave Ryan Show one on one point three KDWB. I don't know if you've seen Amy Schumer lately, but she is one of those celebrities that has lost weight and looks so different. Who else did that? Was it Jessicas Simpson that lost a lot of weight and so different?
Speaker 7: She lost a lot of weight. Kelly Osborne Bourne.
Speaker 5: Looks so littrel howry too. He's the copin Get Out Oh okay, and he's a comedian. He also has Olympic face.
Speaker 1: If you think her husband is enjoying her new look, you might be wrong, because it sounds like she's not taking them along in the new journey. Amy's posted some new thirst traps over the weekend. It wasn't It wasn't the excess pounds that were missing. She was also without her wedding ring.
Speaker 7: Oh no.
Speaker 1: In fact, she doesn't seem to have it on in any of the pictures she's posted since she scrubbed all her old photos and videos a few weeks ago. Maybe it's a coincidence, but the British tabloids are saying that she is indeed at dumping her husband Chris. They say Amy is one hundred percent getting divorced, she got skinny, she is over it would that really happen? I mean, if you are heavy and then you lose weight, do you say I'm gonna dump my partner. There must have been some other underlying issues there.
Speaker 9: I was gonna say, I don't it's just because she got She's like, forget him.
Speaker 7: I'm skinny now.
Speaker 5: Because as it is, the stereotype is that it's backwards, like when they gain weight, you lose them or you leave them, but it's still either way.
Speaker 9: So vander Pump Rules is returning tonight to Bravo. If you remember, I'm not a huge Bravo person, but I kept up with a lot of the scanned val stuff because there was this big, infamous affair and the cast had grown apart because of the infidelity in the material between a bunch of the castmates, and so Bravo announced last year that a newcast would join vander Pump Rules. That just like the original cast. These members are part of the staff of the Beverly Hills restaurant, which is operated by Lisa vander Pump, so she just like follows them around like a reality show. And then these people become like so famous and then they're not servers anymore, which sounds like a great gig, you know, Like.
Speaker 7: Why couldn't that have happened to me?
Speaker 9: When I was at Bubba Gump right well, I wanted that the man they could have gotten some great drama.
Speaker 1: From, they would have gotten drama.
Speaker 9: Gum oh service texts me in right now. The amount of drama that's at is crazy. When everyone sleeping with each other bamboo, Yes, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: When I worked at I Hop, three different managers, all of them sleeping with each other, and they all don't know what the rest of us in IHOP do.
Speaker 6: Now I don't know, but it does happen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Like I had a manager who was sleeping with like the kitchen manager. But that manager at the front of the house was burried so much drama.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you, I.
Speaker 1: Wonder if that's the most drama filled. I thought hair stylists were the most drama filled.
Speaker 7: They get the tea.
Speaker 3: I don't they get okay.
Speaker 9: Drama filled themselves. They're just the ones that get all the tea I can.
Speaker 1: The restaurant workers, they're the ones that are hooking up with each other and being slimy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because they work like twelve hour shifts and then they're like, let's get drinks afterwards to wind down, and then one thing leads to a next, and big bang.
Speaker 6: Boom, big bang bom.
Speaker 5: Simon cal said he is sorry for being such a jerk in the early years of American Idol.
Speaker 6: I mean that's his his stick.
Speaker 5: He literally became famous because he was kind of known as the mean judge. But he's saying that he's older and wiser and a dab kind of.
Speaker 7: He was absolutely the the show.
Speaker 3: He put the American Idol on the map. He really did. He literally did make the show.
Speaker 1: But I remember the first time I want to watched American Idol, and all my life i'd watch talent shows where they were like, you know, yeah, you were good, Yeah, keep working on it, and he would be like that was dreadful.
Speaker 5: Oh that's nice. He's like Gordon Ramsay. He'd be like, I've seen dog's poop and it was more entertaining than you. That's literally Simon cow Simon Simon made that show. Paula was the nice, kind of odd one, and then Randy was just the cool one. But rand me to know exactly right.
Speaker 1: Movies, a lot of classic movies are heading back to the big screen this month of the big Screen, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is going to be showing again in the big theaters. How the Grinch Told Christmas Elf, Polar Express, Love Actually Screwged Grimlins a Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, and Doctor Seuss The Grinch Show are all going to be showing in big movie theaters, which I think is kind of a cool. Yeah, cool thing, your kids out, go to the local theater, get him a little popcorn and yet a little Coca cola.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a memory.
Speaker 7: Which one of those movies? Would you want to see the movie?
Speaker 1: Ooh, really good question. I would say probably Christmas Vacation, that's my favorite. That's the number one.
Speaker 7: I'd probably do. The Grinch. It's the Jim Carrey version, or it doesn't.
Speaker 1: No, it's animated. No, the Jim Carrey version was kind of creepy.
Speaker 7: Oh dare you. That's like my favorite thing ever.
Speaker 9: I'm so happy right now because I'm on the Grinch TikTok, which happens around Christmas time because there's a Grinch character at like disney World or Disneyland or something, and he plays the Grinch so well, and it's so he like goes y roll around this time, so I keep getting tough of him. Somebody who is turning one hundred years old on December thirteenth Dick van Dyke. And of course you always ask, okay, well, what's your secret?
Speaker 7: How did you live this long?
Speaker 9: Dick Van Dyke says, anger is one thing that eats up a person's insides and hate.
Speaker 7: So don't be so angry.
Speaker 3: I read a long time ago. I'm not angry.
Speaker 1: I read a long time ago that anger destroys the vessel that contains it. And if you think about that, it's like, what does it do? It just destroys you from the inside. So you just got to find something else to focus on. Besides, sure, you can focus on how angry you are, but you can focus again instead on what makes you happy?
Speaker 3: What do you got to be happy about.
Speaker 9: It's hard to say that in the moment when you are really upset about something.
Speaker 1: Oh, we all get upset. There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 9: But then when you try to do that like mind shift, in those moments, I feel like there is a change. There's a change in me when I'm like, all right, stop being angry, look at the good.
Speaker 7: Then move forward on the phone, right.
Speaker 3: Oh is he on the phone? Who's he talking to our group therapy?
Speaker 1: Oh dah, okay, gotcha.
Speaker 3: Let's see what else we get.
Speaker 1: The fifty cents documentary about Diddy is streaming today. Starts streaming today, and here is a little bit of the trailer.
Speaker 5: We have to find somebody that work with us, that has dealt in the dirtiest dirty business.
Speaker 3: Losing Puffy Puff Daddy Diddy show coals.
Speaker 2: All of these weaed incarnations, all of those name changes are attacked to really bad deeds.
Speaker 5: Everything in life, you're gonna have people that are bad and people that are good.
Speaker 6: You have to choose yourself.
Speaker 1: Now here's how you know that it's worth watching. Because did he does not want you to see it. His spokesperson said that four part docu series from fifty cent is a shameful hit piece that's fundamentally unfair and illegal. Basically, his team called the movie stolen footage that was never authorized for release. No rights in that material were ever transferred to Netflix or any third party. In one clip did he pleads with an associate to resolve an issue, quote, We've got to find somebody that'll work with us, that is dealt with the dirtiest of dirty business. We're losing. Fifty Cent previewed a cringe scene yesterday on Good Morning America, and that is where Ditty asked for hand sanitizer and expresses a desire to take a shower after meeting with fans. I don't know that's the worst of the whole thing.
Speaker 7: I mean, probably not.
Speaker 1: I mean, if somebody were to, like, you know, stand in line meeting like a princess kaya the Milky Way of the State Fair, and she wanted to like wash her hands afterward, I would not blame her, not in the least.
Speaker 9: I admire fifty Son to an extent as like a businessman because he like moves in silence until he just blows things up, because he has been like waiting to blow up Ditty for a while, and he's admitted that once Didty was arrested and everything started going down.
Speaker 3: Don't they like each other?
Speaker 7: Well? Because he knows that Ditty's a p.
Speaker 1: Pos well, a lot of people know that.
Speaker 9: I know, but like, I know, actually like doesn't play like he really likes stays strong to it, and I think he tried to. I mean, I can't speak obviously for what he actually did or didn't do, but I think he knew and stayed away from Diddy. And he wasn't one of the celebrities who just kind of went along with what was going on, because did he have so much power?
Speaker 5: Fifty was like uh uh f this man fifty cents of g You know what they say, Geez moving silence like Lasagna?
Speaker 3: Never heard that?
Speaker 6: You never heard that's a low Wain song.
Speaker 7: Geez moving silence like that wins.
Speaker 1: By the way, the movie once again, it is called The Reckoning. It's a four part doctor series. It is on Netflix starting two today. That's the Dirt. It is brought you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. I wish I could stay you guys, but I have a doctor's appointment.
Speaker 3: I gotta go. I gotta go swallow a.
Speaker 1: Camera pill and uh and then I'll be back tomorrow. But you guys have a good time. Yeah, good luck if you think about it. Donate for Christmas wish. We are behind on donations. We need to catch up a little bit, so please donate and be generous. If you can, go to KTWB dot com slash wish to make your donation. And another Christmas wish we did a great one a half an hour ago. It just was so sweet. And more of those coming up right at Christmas with kad w B.
Speaker 9: It's a day Ryan in the Morning show on Katie w B. Dave just had a jet out of here because he is, like you said, swallowing a pill and try and figure out what is going on with his tummy because he's been having some major issues again once again kidding.
Speaker 7: No, don't say that.
Speaker 9: You can't say that if he's not here, von So only if he's the here then then it's funny all.
Speaker 5: Rightly about him when he's not here, well man, which you can't.
Speaker 9: Say those on the radio. All right, Let's get into some group therapy kd w B d Ryan Show. Okay, so we have Nikki on the phone. He sent us an email about something that kind of happened a confrontation with her sister over Thanksgiving. So, Nikki, what is going on with you for group therapy today?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 11: Well, I've been single for about nine years, I would say, and I've dated a bit here and there, but I really haven't had a boyfriend for a while. And then I met this guy and there was just this really strong connection right off the bat, and I I really think that he might be the one that I'm gonna marry, okay, And it was It's kind of like a whirlwind, you know. And he does like so many really wonderful and kind things for me that I really.
Speaker 8: Love, like what.
Speaker 11: Well, like pretty much every time I see him, he has some kind of like little gift for me, so maybe like a candle or a Starbucks gift card. He's just really thoughtful. And he'll text me in the morning a good morning, and every night he texts me good night, and he'll say a lot of the time that we're meant to be together. And we have a song he sent me a buck Do you know that Savage Garden song? I knew I loved you.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 6: This it's like from the nineties fall. Yeah, that's way.
Speaker 7: And back and forth, like okay, yeah, I love that song.
Speaker 11: I love that song too, so he said that's our song. So so it's been going really really great. But this past week I went to my grandma's for Thanksgiving and he was texting me a ton and I didn't really think anything of it because that's how we normally communicate. And he was texting me like, how are you, what are you eating? What's the best dessert? Are you watching the football game? You know, stuff like that, And I showed my sister because I thought it was really sweet. And then my sister was like, this is love bombing. It's not okay, you shouldn't see him anymore. And I don't know. I was just kind of taken aback by that. And I don't know if I'm naive, but this is this dangerous?
Speaker 9: Is it bad?
Speaker 11: I don't know. I just thought he was being sweet.
Speaker 5: So you so you've been single for nine years now you think you found the one because he's doing all these romantic things, But your sister thinks it's love bombing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, she like really, she just made me feel really bad about it, to be honest, And I thought it was really how much interested in my day and was going on but she thinks it's love bombing.
Speaker 7: So my question is, you guys have been dating for how long? This is new?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's been almost two months.
Speaker 9: Okay, So I mean it sounds like right off the bat, yeah, you like had pretty strong feelings for him, but then he jumped right into like what sounds like getting you gifts and like kind of surprising you with sweet things.
Speaker 6: He sent her a song.
Speaker 5: But there are people already texting saying love bomb, love bomb. Somebody said, I'm such a paranoid free but I'm hearing love bombing.
Speaker 9: Okay, So if you don't know what love bombing is, it's basically when you start in a relationship and someone goes like crazy with the affection, attention, gives gifts, stuff like that. But it's more of like try and create this emotional bond independence on the other person so that the person doesn't leave.
Speaker 5: Almost what's wrong with I hear what you're saying, But what's wrong with me showing you affection?
Speaker 6: Especially so early?
Speaker 5: That's when they call it the honeymoon phase, the cupcake phase, when everything's like, oh I love you, I love you too.
Speaker 9: I think there's a line that can be drawn with it where it's like, if you're getting a gift every single time you see each other, and you guys are seeing each other like four days out of the seven of the week, then that's probably a little bit too much because then you're just like going.
Speaker 7: To get so used to that.
Speaker 9: But we're curious to hear what you have to say if you want to give us a call six one nine eight nine katiew B. Basically, what's going on is NICKI met this guy that she's been dating for a couple of months, and right off the batch, he feels like they hit it off, and then you know, he started doing a lot of sweet things, giving her gifts pretty consistently.
Speaker 7: He texts her a lot.
Speaker 9: He apparently says that the Savage Garden song is their song. And then over Thanksgiving, her sister was like, Ah, this dude is love bombing you. You need to like run, So do you feel the same. You can give us a call six nine y nine, katiew B. We'd love to hear what you have to say and if NICKI should run. First off is Alex on the phone.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 8: First of all, love you guys so much, love your morning show, love you back, And I think that this love bombing?
Speaker 11: For sure.
Speaker 8: If it feels too good to be true, then it is too good to be true. It's like one thing to want to be together and know how your day's going, but to be checking in that frequently to red flags?
Speaker 6: How did a red flag?
Speaker 7: So, Alex, have you been in this position before?
Speaker 11: I have?
Speaker 8: Okay, toxic? I think about like the longevity of this. You cannot be checking in with each other this much twenty four to seven?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 13: So?
Speaker 7: What do you feel like was toxic with yours?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 7: How did yours end?
Speaker 9: Was it a matter of like you did start to become like dependent on him or her?
Speaker 8: No, not dependent at all. I felt like there was more space that needed to be had and I wasn't getting it. And I feel like you've got to be able to be your own person and have your person. You can't rely on the other person to the extent that he's relying on her for happiness.
Speaker 11: It seems so.
Speaker 7: Then I'm assuming you ended the relationship.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, many years ago, Marrik, now two kids? Okay, got it?
Speaker 7: Got it? Okay?
Speaker 9: So Alex, you're saying it's love bombing and you think Nikki should stay get out of it.
Speaker 7: What do you think.
Speaker 8: I hopink she think it out of it. She's happy, she's happy, but if she has to be able to return that energy for the rest of her life.
Speaker 7: And yeah, I don't unders.
Speaker 5: I don't get how. There's so many I'm not even gonna just say women. There are so many people that crave for a man or a woman or anybody to give them everything on the planet. I'm I am one of those people that I love to give my girlfriend that list of the world. We've been together going on four years, but me going above and beyond, and you guys have had to talk me down about buying fifteen things just because she had a bad day.
Speaker 7: That's when you started dating her.
Speaker 9: Were you constantly showing up and giving her a gift every single time you saw her?
Speaker 5: Not a gift, but I was definitely on my p's and q's because I had to show her that that's what I wanted in life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wanted her.
Speaker 9: I just think that there is a clear difference between me interested in showing interest and love bombing.
Speaker 7: There is a difference.
Speaker 9: There is manipulation when it comes to love bombing, where you are literally getting that person so hooked up on you that you can then potentially manipulate them later in the relationship. You were not doing that, you were being sweet, you were doing kind things for Alisa, And now you're at a different phase in your life where maybe you do all of these things that Nikki is saying, but you guys are in a serious relationship and you've gotten to that point.
Speaker 5: I guess the only difference is, yeah, Nikki's case that this is very, very fresh. I don't know how much I was doing compared to this guy because it was four years ago.
Speaker 6: But somebody texting us that sounds called dependent. No, I'm just a lover.
Speaker 7: Vond is a lover here. We got some more people on the phone.
Speaker 9: LeRoy's on the phone, LeRoi, what do you want to say about this group therapy?
Speaker 2: I think that if it is love bombing is just a definition that people want to put on it.
Speaker 11: You can't.
Speaker 2: You're not a doctor about it. So if she likes it, she likes it, maybe her sister needs to relax and stay out her business because we're all grown up and that's the problem in as well. We're in each other's business too much, well doing things, okay?
Speaker 9: Is it fair though to be in your sister's business, because I think I would probably be in my sister's business as if I was concerned.
Speaker 2: No, I really don't think it is fair to be in people business because you don't have a clue what's going on in that man's mind, and you might not have a clue what's going on in your sisters. Just because he's buying things, don't mean he's trying to love Bomber. Yeah, I mean, I just think people stay in everybody's business way too much. It's become a norm.
Speaker 7: Clara, you don't think.
Speaker 9: That it was a little bit too much for him to say that this is their song.
Speaker 2: Oh no, maybe he actually felt like that. And that's what I'm saying. You don't really have a clue on what people are feeling, so you can't put him in a box.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and what's going on?
Speaker 2: You got to let him live their life.
Speaker 9: Okay, I mean that's a different take on it. I appreciate you, Lee, right, thanks so much for calling in. We also have Francisco on the phone. Francisco, Nikki got into a new relationship. She's been seeing this guy. He gives her a lot of gifts, He texts her pretty often and now he already says that they have the song by Savage Garden. What do you think Francisco has this love bombing? Should she run like her sister says or stick it out?
Speaker 6: Jenny Mordy Bond whateut.
Speaker 14: First off, I want to tell Nicky if she is listening, I'm just speaking from my experience.
Speaker 6: Yes, I think that's important.
Speaker 14: Just wants you to to know that from my experience. When I first met my wife, we first started talking, I knew what I wanted in life, and she uh fit a lot of those things. Well, it isn't the work, it's more I saw a lot of these characteristics in her, and from the beginning I knew I loved that about her and I appreciated that. So I made sure in the beginning right away to inform her and let her know that this is how I'm feeling, this is what I wanted. And at the end of the day, it worked out because she felt the same way and she reciprocated the feeling. At the end of the day, you know, it's really up to you the way you're feeling, Nikki, and it's really it's your life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's your love language. And I think the relationship that you develop with your partner. There's so many text messages coming in. A lot of people agree with that last called leroy. Some other people are saying this love bombing stuff is crazy and you could text five, three, nine to one. By the way, love bombing stuff is crazy. Let people be kind and loving and have communication. I've been in a relationship for four years and I expect this type of communication and being spoiled for my boyfriend, and he loves doing that. Let people be happy, and that's all I'm saying. I don't know what Nikki and this guy have agreed on. I just don't see the problem with continuing to show your partner affection. And it's only been two months, so we have to see how much longer this develops.
Speaker 7: I agree.
Speaker 9: I think though, on the flip side of things, is like you've never been in a position before to have been love bombed where someone has completely like turned the table on you out of nowhere after they just showed you all of this emotional connection and then out of nowhere they're like just kidding. So like there is people who have experienced actual love bombing, and so they are scarred from that and they don't want this girl to get hurt the way that they did. I know someone I'm very close with who got love bombed reala recently and it broke her and I literally like I wanted to just shake that person, because how dare you pretend like you like someone so much and do kind things for them and then just be like psych just kidding and then like leave.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's fine.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I'm just saying we can't jump the conclusion.
Speaker 6: It's only been two months of this guy doing this stuff for sure.
Speaker 9: I mean, obviously we don't know what their relationship actually is like between the two of them. We are basing this off of a two minute conversation with Nikki, but I think her sister's looking out for her. If you missed it, Nikki basically was that Thanksgiving and she was telling her sister about how this new guy she's been seeing. He was texting her like pretty consistently, asking her a million questions throughout Thanksgiving, and he also gives her a lot of gifts. He already has a song for them, and her sister was like, that's love bombing, and it's you should run it's not okay. But yeah, so we've had quite a text We'll do one more phone call and the we're gonna.
Speaker 7: Wrap this up.
Speaker 9: We have Lisa on the phone. Hi, Lisa, Hi, what did you want to say about group therapy?
Speaker 10: I just went to the same thing. I started seeing some guy. He bought me roses. He told me he loved me, he would send me texts all the time. But then after like a month and a half, I started turning really bad.
Speaker 11: He was rude to me.
Speaker 10: I felt a kindom of lies. I'm like, it was horrible. But this guy that she's seeing isn't doing like, isn't lying, is so sweet.
Speaker 8: It's okay with being apart from her and not trying to move in or anything like that.
Speaker 10: I'd tell her to take take her chances.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you've even experienced it and you're saying still, maybe do it, but just be cautious because obviously, like it turned for you, it turned into a pretty negative situation for you.
Speaker 10: Yes, very bad. Like it was like roses, little sweet, nothing's always pain. I'm like a complete listening to flying to me. You want to and because he couldn't move in, he's threw a big fit. He talked badly about me to a friends or family, and like that was like a true case of love bombing. But if this guy is still doing the things for her and it's not fighting with her, and that's saying bad things about her, and it's still perfect and I tell her to take my chance of okay, I like that.
Speaker 9: I mean, we've gotten a lot of different things and so many text messages that have come in. We can read a couple of these, but then we'll wrap up. Love Bombing is mostly applied when one person feels like they're about to lose the other person. Not in the first phases. Someone says, someone else says, I'm a therapist. And people who say love bombing is so great and just one way of showing affection don't truly understand what love bombing is. People who are bombing do not like boundaries. So she could test it by setting a small limit and seeing how he reacts.
Speaker 7: And if he gets upset, then that.
Speaker 9: It would be her sign to run. Then that comes from a therapist.
Speaker 6: We just don't don't.
Speaker 5: We don't know if they set boundaries, or if she's okay with it or what. Because she has been fine with it. I'm just saying we cannot put the we cannot jump the conclusion and say that he's love bombing, because if that's the case, anytime anybody shows any affection in a relationship, but we jump to that, I'm sorry, you'll probably be single for a while.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: All right, Well that's gonna do it for group therapy.
Speaker 9: If you ever have one you need our help, email us at Ryan Show at KDWB dot com and we'll get you on for group therapy. All right, we are going to get you hooked up with some Disney on Ice tickets. It's a family four pack and we're gonna play a little game called Finish the Lyric. But these are Disney songs, so you have to finish a Disney song if.
Speaker 7: You think you can do it.
Speaker 9: You want to win tickets to see Disney on Ice, give us a call. Six five, one, nine, eight nine. Katiewb vont loaded these and it's only Von to I right now because they've had to run off to an appointment and Billy is in Disney. Well I think she comes home today. But we'll get you on the phone and then we'll play this game. Coming up next
Speaker 7: Sixty one nine A nine katiewb