Speaker 1: Schedule, and yeah, I get the round table show is tonight. By the way, I don't miss that. Sixth nine, we joined Lance down rich Wood a long next so but yeah, kind of a kind of a wild week.
Speaker 2: Here I was. I was telling Rock a little while ago, Deb and I we're down to Lexington just for a couple of days. And driving driving back, we drove by rich Wood and I said, oh, this is where Rock goes to do, uh, this Thursday night thing sometimes for you know, there's a long next there she goes heat Trice here.
Speaker 1: Thanks. It's good to get there. Once you're there, that's a great, great place. That's a reason we have helicopter D exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, tomorrow night you're going to Tomorrow afternoon, you're going to be doing a special pregame thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, myself, Lance and Moe. We will be tag teaming, triple teaming little Bengals coverage because those Steelers are in town here Ed and Bengals desperately need to win and to talk a little bit about the Steelers. We have joined us right now. I'm at Williamson, co host of the Drive on the Steelers Nation radio show. Matt Welcome in the program, how are you.
Speaker 3: I ain't great. I heard you guys say, and you were Lexington recently. My son is a freshman at UK and loving it.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful, towerful and UK. Well that speaks for itself, you know. So so Matt, we were also talking, and I'm sure there's a little chatter in Pittsburgh about it. Eighty one year's worth of quarterbacks on the field tomorrow night. How we all feel it about it?
Speaker 3: Pretty crazy? Yeah, I mean yeah, I read today that those two are the only players in their forties that have taken a snap this year that aren't kickers. And hey, I mean to show how old I am. I recruited Joe to pit way back when, and when he was coming out of Audubon High School, so I remember him as a young seventeen year old pup.
Speaker 4: That's how long I've been doing this.
Speaker 1: W wow. Very cool. Now we've all heard the sound bite by now. But Mike Tomlin is none too please that he has to play against Joe Flacco. He was probably licking his chops about the thought of playing Jake Browning and you know the interceptions that he's thrown, I guess describe from Steelers camp the thought that Joe Flacco now plays for the Bengals.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and obviously these you know, Flacco and Tomlin has gone back and forth and battled in those great Raven Steeler days, and I think Tomlin has a lot of respect for what Flacco's put on the field over his career.
Speaker 3: And I'll be honest, I mean, hey, I know he's been a Steeler rival now in all three AFC North homes other than the one that I work for. But I root for him because again, I remember him as a kid, and I'll be honest, when I watched him with the Browns, I thought, man, he looks rough.
Speaker 2: He got to you gotta hang it up, Joe.
Speaker 3: And then watching the first half against the Packers last week, I kind of thought the same thing. But then a little sparks sort of went off, and immediately I thought, boy, I would much rather play the Bengals with Browning than I would with Joe.
Speaker 6: Right now, So.
Speaker 2: At the beginning of the year, and we're talking to Matt Williamson from the Steeler Nation, and Matt, if somebody would have told you that the Steelers more or less would be in control of this division more or less halfway through the season. What would you have told them?
Speaker 3: I would have said they're nuts. I mean, this might hurt my credibility a little, but I picked the Ravens to win the Super Bowl, and I know I wasn't alone there. I thought they were a powerhouse. This is their year, and obviously injuries have derailed that, namely to Lamar Jackson, but they've had some fundamental problems every step of the way. I mean, both lines of scrimmage for Baltimore is problematic. So I don't know that after the bye they're just going to take the world by storm again. I'll be honest. I had doubts about the Bengals preseason, just because I didn't think they did enough on defense. And I have the most respect in the world for Joe Burrow and thought it would be a lot like last year where he's gonna have to win games thirty five thirty four, you know, thirty five thirty four over and over, and it's just a tough way to live. But I had hopes for the Steelers. I mean, I live at training camp with those guys. I watched Aaron Rodgers up close and thought, man, people are sleeping on these guys. A little bit, But I didn't think that have won loss in the middle of October either.
Speaker 1: Right now, el Mo and I have been having this debate a little bit during the week here. Look, of course, the Steelers have won three in a row. I think they're number two in the NFL. In Sacks, Rogers is playing well. Put him some points, certainly early in the year. But in your opinion, are the Steelers a team to be reckoned with her? Are they a great team? Or are they a team that's, you know, kind of take advantage of some things right now, playing good football, but ultimately are not a top level team. Where do you fall in this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm more.
Speaker 6: In the latter.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that they are taking advantage of some poor teams and are a mature group, you know, led by a head coach that's done this for a long time and a quarterback has done this for a long time, and they're getting much better quarters. It's clearly the best quarterback play they've had since Ben. If that goes a long way, they don't have to overcome the quarterback. But I also don't look at them as a Tier one team, you know, I mean, But that being said, I did a podcast yesterday saying who's the best team in the league. I don't really know right now. I mean I don't see the Steelers ceiling being as high as the Bills achieved, etc. But who is good right now? I mean that's kind of what the league wants, is this parody and they're getting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that is true parody, but its parody good.
Speaker 1: I think it's good to a certain extent. While Yeah, I think people complain about dominant teams, but deep down inside they kind of like them, you know what I mean, because there's a.
Speaker 2: Respect for them. You either love them or you hate them. Who doesn't like a dominant team that you go, you know, screw those guys. But at the end of the day, like watching them play correct correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, people are getting sick of the home, they got sick of Brady. I get all that, but how could you not respect it?
Speaker 1: Matt Williamson's our guess. He's the cost to the drive on the Steelers Nation Radio. Matt described to these Bengals listeners right now, what is the strengths of this Steelers team in your opinion?
Speaker 3: You mentioned the sacks. The defense to me is really starting to hum and they did very little blitzing last year. They're now at the top of the league in blitz percentage, and not only are they blitzing a lot, but they're bringing six consistently. And even without blitz. I think we all know that they have very good pass rushers led by TJ. Watt and Cam Hayward, but the defense right now is really aggressive, really disruptive. It kind of reminds me of like Leau Dick Lebou, Troy Paulamalou, James Harrison, Glitzburg era, you know, where they're just controlling games against some lesser offenses. Albeit but the offense is a work in progress. It's very Rogers centric. I mean, he's controlling everything at the line of scrimmage, and the beauty of the offense is kind of you have to peel back the curtain a little bit. But I think mostly because of Rogers, they have very few negative plays on offense. You know, they don't take many sacks, they don't turn the ball over much, they don't have a lot of tackles for loss, so he's always getting them in the right play and while they're progressing as an offense, they don't go backwards very much, and the defense creates a lot of big plays in the opposite way and puts people going backwards.
Speaker 2: Matt Williamson's our guest, and Matt, let me ask you. Brought up Aaron Rodgers. How is he playing in Pittsburgh with the fans and stuff, because you know, there was all that rigmar role with him kind of taken his good old time about signing, you know, signing a contract and all that stuff and recording to camp. How's it going with the fans there?
Speaker 3: Oh, he's warming him up. He's warming them over, winning them over pretty rapid. And trust me, a lot of my buddies, a lot of fans when all that rigamarole was going on, Man, isn't worth it for this old guy. They just gonna bend over for this dude. It's Rogers gonna run the organization. And frankly, kind of being on the inside, I knew no one in the organization was concerned if he was gonna sign or not. They pretty much knew this was a done deal well beforehand.
Speaker 5: And frankly, being around him at training camp, being around the.
Speaker 3: Players who's near him, they all love him and they all have a massive respect for him and I know, his stat lines don't blow you away, and he's not winning an MVPs anytime soon again, but boy, he's so good from the neck up, and he makes the players around them really really good, and the fact that they're winning, he's he's the toast of the town right now.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Wow. So again that the players are you know, see him and like him and genuinely you know, like him as as a because because that was always the thing too, is he's kind of kind of an aloof odd guy and everard it from multiple people. But I don't know, and maybe Mike Tomlin and kind of the culture he creates may may tamp a little bit of that down. I guess.
Speaker 3: I think that's very true. And one thing about this organization has been true my whole lifetime, going back to Joe Green, to be honest with you, is they've always had extremely strong locker room leaders. I mean, for a long time it was Marquise Pouci, it's Cam Hayward. You know that there's a much different culture that Rogers walked into amongst the players, let alone ownership and coaches, certainly than with the Jets, you know, I mean that he had respect for them, they had respect for him, and he didn't try to change things, you know, So I think that goes a long way. And even just watching him at practice or OTAs things of that nature, everything about him that I've noticed being close to him is very deliberate. I mean, there's not a wasted moment of practice. He's either coaching up a younger player or in the ear of a coach to learn. I mean, so you can see why he's been so successful just from a professional seam.
Speaker 2: All right with that, man, Are you rolling into town damor On for the game?
Speaker 3: I'm not. Many of my buddies are. I rarely travel as a team. I did go to Ireland, which was a blast, but I sit here and watch it on TV and podcasting stuff afterwards. All right, Matt, just fine by me.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you joining us, man, Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: All right, take care, guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks Matt.
Speaker 2: Mett Williamson the co hosts the Steelers Nation show.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't you just love it if in the game tomorrow, both these old quarterbacks again age eighty one combined just just both went off for like four hundred yards offense. Just light it up. I just think that'd be wonterful. Yeah, I just think like I want the Bengal to win, of course, but just to see a good old fashioned shootout. These guys just slinging it around great track me. Well, not for those two, but at least throwing the ball. Yeah, they ain't running very far, very fast. Uh with that?
Speaker 2: Well, you check in with traffic and weather. What is going on?
Speaker 7: You see Health Traffic Center. The you see Health Women's Sports Medicine program provide specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointments online. Do you see health dot com? Two seventy five Eastpound at the Combs Hill Bridge crash on the right shoulder. Thanks for the tip on this. It's in the construction zone, so we do have the delays and we'll watch it for southouand's continuing here and again all three lanes are affected with this construction project down the bridge. It's going to continue through November. Hamilton Avenue at Stevens Avenue, just south of Compton. We've got reports of an accident as well, with police on the scene. Seventy five southbound between Ronald Reagan Highway and Norwood Lateral. It's about a ten minute trip right now. With traffic sewing from Shepherd. We're also seeing heavier pockets southbound seventy five from Western Avenue to the Brent Spence and seventy one northbound Ridge to Stewart. My Rick Shremp News Radio seven hundred W d WELLW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW newsroom at Partley, Cloudy and forty eight for tomorrow or tomorrow sunshine and sixty nine degrees. It is seventy NOWE News Radio seven hundred WLW. All right, mister Penny, I'm going to say a word, and you tell me the.
Speaker 6: First thing that pops into your mind got you doc comfortable? Scott's loan desirable? Scott's loan.
Speaker 2: You cannot say Scott's bone every time?
Speaker 8: That all right?
Speaker 6: I won't good.
Speaker 2: The word is charming.
Speaker 6: A monkey, but that's good with it. A monkey in the jungle.
Speaker 1: Listening to Scott's.
Speaker 2: Loan, Scott's loan, you may become obsessed.
Speaker 9: Join me scott Sloan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred wl.
Speaker 2: Monkey listening to Scott's Sloan, you're telling me they don't.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored by One Hour Heating and Air conditioning school has started, but summer Thames are still here. Stay cool. With one hour air conditioning and heating, they can repair anything, even when the other guys are trying to sell you a new system. Twenty four to seven availability and free. Second opinion spoke now at one hour airsincey dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey. More and more of these days, people in pain are looking beyond traditional medicine and finding lasting relief without steroids, medications, or surgery. Right here in Cincinnati at QC Kinetics. Hey, Look, your Your blood contains tiny healing tools, and at QC Kinetics their medical team gets to the root of where your pain stems from, right down to the cells involved. By putting these natural elements to work, your body can revitalizer joints, literally using your own power to heal. It's a simple injection, no hospital, stay fast, all natural, and no downtime. If your bag, knees, or shoulders are keeping it from enjoying your life, explore all your options before you agree to more pills or surgery. Call QC Kinetics today to take charge of your health and look beyond the same old, same old. Your first consultation is free, so there's no reasonal wait call QC Kinetics now five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen. Five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen.
Speaker 1: Genesis Diamonds celebrates ten years in Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: Used to be a new.
Speaker 1: Business in town.
Speaker 2: Now we are at local institution.
Speaker 1: Jennet, I think it. I think it tastes like chili, maybe a little healthier. Huh right, yeah, tastes great.
Speaker 2: Same. You can get the same, just new protein option. Get all your Coney's chili, cheese, fries, the whole nine yards. They'll hook you with the chicken chili. No I can. I can eat me some Skyline. I don't care. You know, they could put snail meat in there.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that might be a bridge too far and you might have gone slightly overboard. I get what you're trying to say. You'll you'll do Skyline and with anything but snail.
Speaker 2: I had. I had snails one time the cargo. Yeah, yeah, what does it taste like? It tastes like nothing. It tastes like, well, you know what it is. They cook it in so much butter. Guess what man you cook? You can put taste that much butter. It's going to taste you know, like really good butter.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the same thing with frying. Anything. You try a alligator or caral Dad's or crickets or whatever, and fries gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: When the cicada were around, didn't you eat some cicadas?
Speaker 1: I did I eat a chocolate cover cicada in the student in the old studio. Yeah, okay, you know because like in the in the first Duge report, I was listening to at like one thirty, you know, there's like a chocolate cover cacada. They're all like, Zike, come in there, like well so you know, uh rock wo would you? I just grabbed the thing, boom ate it and Willie's jaw hit the ground. Same thing as taste like chocolate, right gritty but.
Speaker 2: Crunching.
Speaker 1: I got over it.
Speaker 2: With With that, we head to the news News Radio seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 6: News Traffic and Weather.
Speaker 11: News Radio seven hundred w l W Cincinnati.
Speaker 12: Questions raised about the police chief's future with the three thirty report. I'm Sean Gablager breaking Now. There's been speculation about the future of Cincinnati Police chief Teresa Thichi was some saying that the city might dismiss her, but there are no reports confirming that may have tap hear Well today said that he wouldn't roll out a change in law enforcement leadership. Those questions being raised about the g's leadership after two shootings that have taken place on Fountain Square since October began, with the most recent coming on Monday night, when an argument that started in Clifton ended at City Bird Tenders restaurant, with a twenty four year old suspect being sought after a sixteen year old boy and nineteen year old man were injured. The city announcing on Tuesday that there will now be members of the Police Department, Civil Disturbance Response Team and SWAP patrolling Fountain Square and Government Square from two to ten pm daily, and I'll be a current member of city Council who's seeking re election in November, telling Scott Sloan that while having armed guards in the city center is an ideal, it's necessary after those recent incidents.
Speaker 13: I don't think having a police state is where we want to be, but we are have so many guns in the street and we got to bring in help to de escalate and keep those guns out of the wrong hands.
Speaker 14: We're going to do it right now.
Speaker 12: The city had rolled out initiatives to address a rising crime that was seen entering the summer months. This has included more police officers, including and also increased foot patrols and three one to one volunteers engaging with the public, navalitis, traffic, and weather together.
Speaker 7: From the u See Health Traffic Center. The u See Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Scheduling an appointment online u seehealth dot com. Well, we do have the so towns. On two seventy five eastpont Combsale Bridge, the accident here off on the right hand side. Traffic is sowing from four to seventy one. That is in the construction zone, and that construction is going to continue through November on the bridge, affecting all three lanes. Now on the Carrol Cropper Bridge two seventy five West, we're looking at slow downs back to right around the Petersburg exit in southbound back to US fifty Hamilton Avenue at Stevens Avenue south accomptant crash and crews are there and we have southbound seventy five sowing. Ronald Reagan Highway down inward lateral on a ten minute trip with the delays from Shephard. I'm rick Shrimp produced Radio seven hundred Double D Little.
Speaker 11: Ladies forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: For tonight, We'll see a partly cloudy sky to low down to forty eight, then sunny Thursday a high of sixty nine. The Bengals hosts the Steelers on Thursday Night Football with clear skies in the forecast. Temperatures will be in the upper fifties a kickoff into the lower fifties by the time the game ends. The scimity forecast built by American Home Tech. Your roof's first line of defense starts with us American home Tech dot com and also News a service of Low t Center. The competency of a man accused of striking and killing a sheriff's deputy with his vehicle earlier this year remains in question ahead of trial.
Speaker 15: Prosecutors in Hamilton County are now seeking a second opinion on the mental status of Rodney Hinton Junior. The thirty eight year old is facing aggravated murder charges and more in the death of Hamilton County Sheriff's Deputy Larry Henderson. During a hearing Wednesday morning, Defense attorney Clyde Bennett said that a competency evaluation determined Hinton suffers from serious mental health issues, which should take the death penalty off the table in this case. He also plans to file a motion that would allow Hinton to plead not guilty by reason of insanity. The second doctor who will evaluate him will be chosen this Friday during a pre trial hearing. The first doctor will discuss his findings in court on December first. I'm rick Yucheno, who's ready of seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: For the night time.
Speaker 12: The Senate failing to pass say Republican spending bills, the government shutdown enters its third week. Meanwhile, a federal judge blocking the Trump administration from laying off federal workers during the shutdown. This actor unions argued that the President's actions were illegal, the judge, appointed by former President Bill Clinton, calling the layoffs politically motivated. This as Trump is also threatened to cut programs that are favored by Democrats.
Speaker 6: Seven to one hundred WLW sport. Here's the Bengals.
Speaker 16: I'd brought to you by Good Spirits at Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. AFC North Battle to our Night, pay Court Stadium, Steelers and Bengals preview at All Tonight Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Toe Rown Table Show presented by Postman Law Live from Longnecks and Richwood. It's six oh five here on seven out at WLW. They're raffling off two tickets to the game tonight at Longnecks in Richwood. Here's the reds Ubday Ridge Infielder Spencer Steer and Keith Brian Hayes both have been named finalists for the Gold Glove Award. Bill Edison seven hundred WLW Sports Final Half Hour Treating on Wall Street.
Speaker 12: Currently, the DOW is up nine points, the Nastic up one hundred and sixty one, and the SMP up thirty points.
Speaker 2: Hard Next updates at four o'clock.
Speaker 12: I'm Sean Gaalbager News Radio seven hundred WLW seven hundred.
Speaker 17: WLW Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free, new and improved iHeartRadio ad Listen for all your music, radio and podcast free never sounded so good News Radio seven hundred and WLW.
Speaker 18: You've got your whole life ahead of you, so choose a medicare plan you can count on.
Speaker 1: If all right. Ever, going way back for this, I'm back in nineteen sixty six, this band, The Four Tops, started a two week run at number one on the US Singles Chart with this song reach Out. I'll be There.
Speaker 2: I remember it well.
Speaker 1: Now. The reason I chose this is when I saw this, I remember, I thought to myself, I remember distinctly being young and listening to the oldies station when I with my parents in the car and we're talking like eighty six eighty seven, and I remember we were gesticular Remember we drove out My parents had a camp out in Grant's Creek, which is out kind of past Rising Sun. I remember driving out there and I think my parents they had it was like a Plymouth horizon or something, and I don't know, I just remember, I just siicularly remember that for some reason, that this was what the oldiest station played back then, and now the oldiest station plays sound Garden from right.
Speaker 2: It's a fact.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, Like in the midst mid eighties, it was like some of that motown stuff was a lot of the classic rock along with of course you know beatles and doors and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, I uh I I wish I came about six years I was nine years old, and I remember them being on some television show and you know, all these bands would do like the choreography, the background dance, the background singers, and they'd be the main guy out front. The other guys would be singing background, but they'd have a little moves and stuff.
Speaker 1: Ye's great stuff.
Speaker 2: And my older older brother was trying to get us to learn that choreography, and I'm like, it's cool if that's what people do. I don't know, I'm not why.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can be the next four times correct if you couldn't dance correct, couldn't.
Speaker 2: Sing like the whitest kid on the trying right, I'm trying to dance. It's like these guys, forget it.
Speaker 1: It is great stuff. I like a lot of Motown stuff. That was a great, really good stuff.
Speaker 2: I can I can listen to that stuff. All that I was telling I said on the show before. I was telling my sons when they were starting to go out on dates and whatnot, and I said, man, you can't go wrong. Guys, you know, put on a little uh Marvi Gaye kind of thing or like little al Green something like that. I said, they'll be putty in your hands, steel steelers, right exactly, And uh, I can't really say what I actually did say one time, and Deva was like, don't sure. But anyways, then they looked at me like why would why would any girl that I go out with want to hear that?
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead. I'm telling you, I'm your father. I know it works. What doesn't work? This works?
Speaker 2: How do you think I got your mom? Yeah? You're telling me you don't like your mom? Yeah, yeah, mom fell for it.
Speaker 1: Uh. And speaking of things in the past that you know, maybe go in and out of style, but are always great, they always work.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is tonight, and apparently they are going back the woke bs that that destroyed that show and that brand for about you know, six years. Actually they haven't even been on in six years because you know, they had to have the plus size models on. Well, now they're back to the supermodels and the you know, Emily Rajakowski and Irna Shayak and the whole deal. Man, they're going back back to what works?
Speaker 2: Is it on television? I believe so because I'm used to be a big deal they have well the Angels, Yeah, that's with you know Heidi Klume, back to like Cindy Crawford and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Man, yeah, yeah, I mean I want to listen to what I say, hot, extraordinarily hot women, So underwear wrap wrap your head around.
Speaker 2: That definitely works for me.
Speaker 1: And and and that's kind of why it worked is because men would watch it and you over like, well, hell, you know, get Dorothy a pair of those there, AND's gonna look like you look just like that. That's that's that's how you got men involved in You got men interested in women's underwear. Okay, impossible.
Speaker 2: Well that's why I believe me. I tried that one time with deb back in the day, and I got her and I was that guy in Victorious Secret, gone, I really don't help me, tell me what would look good? And my wife is about this this tall and blah blah blah. And so I came home with this is but what I thought was a sexy outfit, and she opened it up. I might have got out for like Valentine's day I don't remember, and she opened it up and looked at me and goes, wakes make me.
Speaker 1: And the problem is you got her like a nice looking classy brawl, but you got her like the cross list underwear you went to fredericksh of Hollywood next door.
Speaker 2: That was that was my mistake. I was like, what's the sleaziest panties and braw you have? Make it? Not much to it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: A few strings kind of tied together.
Speaker 2: Must go, I mean easy you know, on, easy off, that type of thing. And my little ploy didn't work.
Speaker 1: She's like, what, I don't know if I've ever gotten killing anything like for the same reason, It's like, I don't know. I know what I like, but I don't know what you like when it comes to this stuff.
Speaker 2: See that's what That's what reminded me of it because I started thinking about it. Now you're talking about Victoria's secret stuff. You see those girls. And now if if I'm okay, if I'm a woman and my guy buys me that, I'm thinking to myself, well he likes the way it looks on her bunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, I just look like that, which, let's be real, she could walk out a paper bag with a rope tied around it and be like, oh that looks good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh no, don't don't don't even guys, just don't don't go there.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Encourage her to do that, you know, to buy that stuff, but don't handle yourself, because.
Speaker 2: What they really want is like a big you know, like sweatshirt and Jammy bant snoopy Jammy pants or something snoopy jammie pants. Let's uh, let's talk to Bobby right quick. Hey, Bobby, what do you got? We were just talking about old Motown music.
Speaker 19: Hey, I tell you man, I was looking through some old tickets the other day. Nineteen seventy two hair arena, and I tell you six dollars fans saw the four tops backup bands were great. Yeah, I know it wasn't the four tops it were deep purple with the backup bands were always good blue, Olster Cold and Fleetwood Mac with the backup.
Speaker 2: Band form nice. Wow and that and I'm sure and well, thanks Bobby. Let's uh, let's get to Lauren in Newtown. A. Lauren, what's going on? What you got on lingerie?
Speaker 20: Okay?
Speaker 21: Do you remember when they used to have lingerie shows at bars, like at happy hour bars and stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I probably host it.
Speaker 21: So my fiance now my husband at the time, such telling love I guess with this yellow lingerie thing and he bought it and it's still in the bag because I'm not sure that the model.
Speaker 20: Didn't have it on. Like.
Speaker 22: He just loved it and bought it.
Speaker 21: And I was like, what And you know what I wanted, sweaty pants.
Speaker 8: That's what I wanted, Jimmy pants.
Speaker 1: Hey, he wasn't listening to that.
Speaker 21: Thanks, thank you, that's great, Thanks Lauren.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing I can. I can buy my wife the sexiest thing in the world and she'll still be in her you know, her favorite gift that I gave her for Christmas. It wasn't the only gift, but one of the things I got her as you know, she graduated, you see, and I got her like a trimple x uc hoodie and she just wears that around the house all that, I mean, loves it. Best guest. Yeah gift I ever got her. It was like twenty five bucks.
Speaker 1: See, I'm just not very good at at you know, especially clothing gifts at all. Because I bought my wife. I remember this is before we were married and we're and they had like some of these, some of them on TV or something, had one of those like adult sized onesies, and she said something like, oh, I bet that's comfortable. You know, it's a handling, right, you know, I'm cueing that as that's something she wants. So we did like Twelve Days of Christmas, right, some kind of corny a chair, and one of them was one. So one day I got her listing. It's like a Leopards adult onesie and he's opening. She's looking at it, and I was like, what do you what do you think? She goes, I hate it. I just busted out laughing. I'm like, what you said? You No, I didn't say I liked it or I certainly wanted it. I just said it, yeah, but it's comfortable. I'm never wearing this thing. And I was like, okay, all right, I'm done with the clothing purchases for you.
Speaker 2: See, that's what I gave that up a lot. I mean, like I said, giving her the triple triple X hoodie and she loves it. Now me thinking I can buy her something that she would actually like wearing beyond that, you know what I mean, trying to buy her a nice outfit or something. Hell, I never tried to do that because again, like I was talking about going into Victoria's sequt and you're sitting there going, all right, help help her brother out here, because I got nothing.
Speaker 1: Help me out.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, let's check in with traffic and weather. What is going on.
Speaker 7: Well from the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment online dot uce health dot com. Seventy five is owing the southbound between Ronald Rough and Highway and Norwod Lateral because of the ongoing construction delays factor Shepherd. It's about an eight minute commute and where stop will go southbound seventy five from the viaduct down to the Brent Spence Bridge. Also seventy one is heavy northbound Smith edwards the Stewart and also on seventy five northbound Downalds Center Twelfth Street. Were up to about a ten minute trip. Now we do have the delays on two seventy five the Carrol Cropper Bridge as the ongoing work continues. Westbound delays back to the Petersburg exit southbound We're heavy back to you West fifty in Indiana. I'm Rick Shrimp News Radio seven hundred double d WELW.
Speaker 2: Cast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight partly cloudy and forty eight for tomorrow seventy and sunshine. It is seventy NOWE News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 23: Ruffie Boyman and Lance McAllister have alba whoday you can handle during the Roundtable show tonight at six on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best wingles covering.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored by Continental Roof Company, Best Products, Best Price.
Speaker 7: The first time Continental Roof Company discover the value of family driven service, whether it's a simple repair or a new installation.
Speaker 2: Their local experts track from talking about the victorious Secret Fashion Show being back tonight to buying underwear for our wives. And I think Eddie was going to weigh in on that. Hey Eddie, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Bud?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: I used to I know what you guys mean.
Speaker 20: I used to buy the text.
Speaker 24: The underwear from my first wife all the time I got married again.
Speaker 14: I bought her repair and now she took it out of the box and looked at me like I've lost my mind.
Speaker 24: But I just wanted to remind you that I text the underwear isn't the best thing, but it's right next to it.
Speaker 1: That's man, I should be on a T shirt, Eddie. That's a very good thoughts of wisdom.
Speaker 2: Yes, but it is. And that's just That's like I've said this before too. It's like if you're with a woman and they they know a little bit too much about you know, yeah, getting the job done. You're like, yeah, man, where they're at?
Speaker 19: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, how do you know that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How do you know? I like that? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I want to teach you stuff. I don't want you show me stuff that you know.
Speaker 1: That's that's the truth. I think that's a plague a lot of guys, especially younger folks, have these days. Right, they find out that the woman they're interested in is a little too much experience, right.
Speaker 2: No, a little bit too a little bit too much about the process. God, you know you're only twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what.
Speaker 2: I tell you. I had that experience of my crazy girlfriend. I was like, you you're not that old. Yeah. Anyways, uh rock here. That's in other news. We head to Florida to to Tampa. Yeah, in particular for.
Speaker 1: A change, Prime Florida, by the way.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, yes, for a change. It's not clear Water, but of course this place might be. And it's a strip bar. Go figure Atlantis Gentleman's Club. Having been offician out of some of those establishments down there, I don't remember that one, but anyway, so this guy had worked there, Jordan Cotto was his name. So he showed up this past Friday night at the Atlantis wanting to speak with management because he'd gotten fired there. So they got in a little verbal argument. During dispute, Cotto allegedly grabbed a cheeseburger from his car and threw it, striking the male victim on the shoulder and causing him quote bodily harm.
Speaker 1: This is inside the strip club.
Speaker 2: I don't must been down the parking lot or something, if you unless he ran out to his car and got a cheeseburger, ran back and threw it.
Speaker 1: Get an altercasion with the guy. Hold on, I stay right there, right, I'll be right back. Go out to his car, get his whopper, and come back in bam.
Speaker 2: Question by police, Cado reportedly confessed to the crime and showed no remorse. Yes, I did throw my burger at his face. The defendant stated that he did throw a cheeseburger that he had from in his car. End quote. He would do it again, right this guy.
Speaker 1: I don't regret and I would do it again. Sir.
Speaker 2: Prosecutor subsequently declined to pursue fellony charges, concluding that the quote, facts and circumstances revealed did not weren't prosecution at this time.
Speaker 1: This is like the fourth or fifth story you've had where people resort to throwing odd foods at people in a fight.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, I like I've said that, why would you waste your food? You know, man up and punch them.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, That's exactly it. Yeah, it's like, yeah, just punch them. Cut to the chase here, man.
Speaker 2: Get a little slap fight out there if if you're so inclined, but don't waste your food.
Speaker 25: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yes, coming up here, we're going to be talking to our good friend PJ. Three. We usually talked to him on Thursdays, but tomorrow's going to be a wacky day.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we're talking about fitness routines. And I think the theme of this is going to be if you want a lot of variety and want a lot of things that are different all the time. You may be disappointed, but some of the the tried and true ways to get fit might be boring, but they work. We'll talk about it with PJ.
Speaker 2: And that will be after the news Right now, News Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 6: News Traffic and Weather.
Speaker 11: News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: Back pay if you're a federal worker, will you get yours?
Speaker 1: This is the four o'clock Report.
Speaker 9: I'm Matt Reeves, breaking now the latest on the federal government shutdown. A Republican backed measure to end it failed to be passed for a ninth time. Today, President says he's going to cut programs favored by Democrats in A full list is expected to come on Friday. The priority for democrats' healthcare, and they want an extension of the subsidies under the Affordable Care Act. Meantime, backpay for federal workers a big issue in A group of lawmakers want an answer. ABC's Chuck Stevenson.
Speaker 26: Requesting an immediate clarification that federal workers will receive back pay at the end of the government shutdown. Over one hundred lawmakers signing a letter to White House Budget Director Russ Vote other than Senator Lisa Murkowski, Alaska Republican. The rest are all Democrats. They say federal law is clear that the workers are due back pay and that President Trump previously signed a bill that guarantees back pay for federal workers.
Speaker 9: Budget director has said the Trump administration could cut over ten thousand federal jobs during this shutdown, but a federal judge in San Francisco has now blocked the Trump administration from laying off federal workers. During the shutdown, unions went to the federal court to try and block the move, calling the firings illegal, and the White House expected to appeal. Checking your drive home this afternoon, we have the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 7: From the u See Health Traffic Center. The you See Health Women's Sports Medicine program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Scheduling an appointment online. Did you see health dot com traffic on seventy five so southbound Watererwing and Highway to Norwood Lateral through the boat Work a ten minute drive and we're seeing heavier traffic back to right around Shepherd Lane. Now on seventy one southbound from MLK to the Branch Spence We're looking at about a five minute trip through the area. Seventy one northbound is swing between Smith Edwards and Stewart. Northbound seventy five Mitchell to Pattick is stop and go. And on seventy five northbound between Donaldson and Twelfth Street. Got about a ten minute trip through the area. Now on Dixie Highway at West Crescentville Road. Police on the scene of an accident here. Thanks for the typical and queen city between Grand Avenue and van Hart Street in accident. I'm rich reproduced Radio seven hundred double D while.
Speaker 18: W now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 9: Partly cloudy today, low forty eight, sunshine and sixty nine tomorrow. On Friday, mostly sunny, seventy one Saturday, mostly sunny, high eight. Rain expected to move in on Saturday night sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 9: This game day forecast is built by American Home Tech. Your roof's first line of defense starts with US americanhome Tech dot Com Again Tomorrow, weather pretty good for the Bengals and Steelers at pay Court Stadium, Sunshine high sixty nine during the day, no rain expected at night. Latest blowback at Cincinnati City Hall following the Fountain Square shooting this week, the police chief's future seems to be shaky. Mayor Purevoll says they're exploring all options and, according to the Inquirer, is not ruling out the possibility of forcing out the chief. The mayor, according to the Inquirer, says significant changes are needed and they are working urgently to stop the violence. The city's response the talk of the town today the look of armed guards on the square.
Speaker 27: Delacrass loser High. City Council the first one so raise objections to bring in the National Guard to patrol the streets, but they are expressing support for the use of riot police and the SWAT team to patrol Fountain Square every day from two to ten. Those officers now will be stationed on the square. After two shootings in two weeks, living.
Speaker 14: In a police state is an art perfect version of safey and I agree right but to your point, like there's a crisis.
Speaker 27: Right now, Council Member ed, I'll be on the Scott Sloan Show She says she knows there are business owners and residents right now questioning whether they want to continue to call Cincinnati home.
Speaker 14: We're really taking action here to make sure that everyone feels safe, feel safe in our scape. Right it's the plus three out.
Speaker 27: Brian Combs, News radio seven a w WELW, investigating reports of a swastick is seen behind a Southwest Ohio congressman staffer.
Speaker 28: Ohio District two Congressman Dave Taylor says he's aware of an image that appears to depict a vile and deeply inappropriate symbol near an employee in his office. A screen grab of a zoom meeting involving a member of Taylor's staff posted online by the Ohio Political Blog. The rooster shows an American flag in the background, with some of the stripes altered into a swastika. That statement from Congressman Taylor calls it office vandalism, and he condemns it in these strongest terms. Both Taylor's office and Capitol Police are investigating. I'm Jack Crumley, News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 9: WLW Ceremonial groundbreaking in Hamilton today for Butler County's Combination nine one one Center and Coroner's office along Princeton Road, a project costing about thirty five million dollars expected to be completed in a couple of years.
Speaker 1: This is the future. We're very fortunate to be here. Can't be here without the commissioners and all the office holders. That's the Butler County Sheriff Richard K. Jones. Earth moving equipment already in action.
Speaker 6: One hundred WLW Sport.
Speaker 2: Here's the Bengals.
Speaker 16: They brought you by good Spirits at Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky AFC North Battle of Our Night pay Corpse Stadium, Steelers and Bengals preview at All Tonight, Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Toe Rown Table Show presented by Postman Law Live from Longex and rich What It's six oh five here seven out at WLW. They're raffling off two tickets to the game tonight at Longnecks in Richwood. Here's the Reds Update. Rids infielder Spencer Steer and Keith Brian Hayes both have been named finalists for the Gold Glove Award. Bill Edison seven underd WLW.
Speaker 9: Sports Up against the Clothes on Wall Street, The Down Down, seventeen s and P five hundred down twenty seven ASDAC is up one sixty six. Next News at four thirty matt Reee News Radio seven hundred WLUBD.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored by blindster dot com.
Speaker 16: Hi up Kyle at blindster dot com and we sell custom blind shades and.
Speaker 2: Showing the picks. We're also talking to this spell right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to talk with our fitness guy, PJ Stree. We always enjoyed talking with him helping us get our fitness right. And look, PJ. Folks are always looking for. The popular term is hacks right, little cheek code I can get in shape and which in essence means how can I get great results without having to really invest much? Yeah? Soon, So so share with what are these big health acts? What are the secrety lectures out there that we need to look at here and and intake to have great health?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 25: In my opinion, and I've said this for a long time, the most underrated path to long term health and energy is becoming the most boring and predictable version of yourself. Right, and look, I get it, boring isn't sexy. But do you want exciting or do you want to feel good, live longer, look better, and stay out of the er. Because the truth is, if you're fifty plus, and honestly, it doesn't really matter what age you are, but you know, if you are fifty plus and you're still chasing the next flashy health trend, you know, guys, some cutting ed supplement or a weird celebrity juice cleanse or some magical six minute workout, you know you're wasting your time.
Speaker 6: You really are.
Speaker 25: So again, structure and being boring really equals freedom and it's going to end up getting you the results that you keep talking about getting, and that's that you want to get.
Speaker 20: So what does that really all look like?
Speaker 25: What what does boring look like from a from a health and fitness and you know nutrition, you know perspective, Well, number one, it means you go to bed and wake up at the same time pretty much every day. You know, your body thrives on routine, especially as you age, so sleep consistency improves your hormone function, recovery, your mood, and your metabolism. And you know, better sleep also kind of is a trickle down effect. It means better will power and fewer cravings, more energy, you're going to want to work out more. So I would I would encourage everyone, no matter your age, try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, seven days per week. And here's a fun.
Speaker 2: Stat about that.
Speaker 25: Adults over the age of fifty with a regular sleep patterns that means, you know, some some nights to go to bed at nine, sometimes it's one o'clock in the morning, Sometimes they're getting up at five, sometimes they're getting up at nine whatever. People with the regular sleep patterns have double the risk of cardiovaster disease, even if the.
Speaker 6: Total time was fine. Wow.
Speaker 29: Yes, again, that's like, you know, even if you're still getting seven hours of sleep, if you're if you're going to bed and waking, waking at different times throughout the week, you're putting yourself at risk.
Speaker 2: See that's I'm of course, I'm older now and my sleep habits. I tend to go to bed at about more or less the same time. But you know, any older guy knows the story getting up in the middle of night, having to go to the bathroom a couple of three times exactly, and so going back to bed and reorienting and trying to go back and I've talked about this before, trying to go to sleep where you're just laying there going like gritting your teeth, like trying to make yourself go to sleep. I don't think it works that way.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 25: And that is as we talked about before, that that is that is a real problem I've experienced that you wake up at two o'clock in the morning and you know, use the restroom, and then your mind's racing for another two hours. I get all that, but it still would be whove everybody to, you know, develop a consistent sleep schedule. You know, you're in bed within the same hour every night, you're getting up within the same hour, So that would be that'd be kind of number one on you know, being boring. Number two, and I've stated this a number of times. You really need to try to eat the same four to six meals most of the time. So I've beaten this drum for decades. Most people, especially if if you know you're interested in losing weight, you need to come up with like board of six meals that you can put on autopilot and put on repeat. You know that way, you know the calories, you know the macronutrient, you know proportions, you know, the protein, you know the fiber of the meals.
Speaker 6: You aren't winging it every day, You're not.
Speaker 25: Getting up and you're like, well, what the hell am I going to eat today? You already know, So again, you spend less time deciding and more time executing. So I would encourage everybody, and this I do with my clients. Come up with like two breakfast type meals that you can put on repeat and autopilot, and then come up with like two to three options you can use for lunch or dinner, because lunch and dinner meals can pretty much be interchangeable for the most part. Uh, And just that's how you're gonna eat. You got your foundational you got your foundational meals, you got your core foods, and that way, you know, you're just executing and you're not. You're not you don't become a victim to this decision fatigue right throughout the week.
Speaker 1: Well, and now that one's not been hard for me really ever, I'm kind of like if I find something, I like it and kind of settle in. I also just don't think every meal is designed to be savored. I mean, you go back to the beginning of time. Really up until like the last hundred years, you ate because it sustained your your ability to live, and that's what it was. But but I imagine that that's a hard one because, as we've talked about, there's so many varieties out there anymore. At never any other point in human history have there been more options for food. So so for some folks that that can be a really tough one. Is trying to be boring with food when there's so many great tasting things out there.
Speaker 30: No.
Speaker 25: But but again, there's always going to be sacrifices in trade offs to reaching a goal. And to your point, Rock, not every meal that you and we've become, you know, kind of accustomed to, every meal you eat needs to be this this explosion of flavor in your mouth, and it's got to be a micheline rated meal.
Speaker 3: And I need all this variety.
Speaker 25: And when I cook it home, I need all these different recipes that have forty six ingredients and takes ninety minutes to make. No one's got time for that. So again, come up with some core foundational meals. Two for breakfast, you know, maybe two to three for lunch or dinner, and just go with those and then the beauty and that and the beauty and that is when you you know, that's that's your you know, that's your non negotiable kind of set way of eating eighty percent of the time. And if you're doing that, then if you want something really flavorful, go out to eat and have somebody else cook it for you that actually can cook, cook it really well, right, And then that's really what I appreciate all my clients. I'm like, if eighty percent of the time you're doing the right stuff, you got your your boring basic meals, twenty percent of the time, you can go out and enjoy a flavor for meal, go out to eat, et cetera. But you know, most people, uh don't don't adhere to that, and you know, it turns into us situation to where eighty percent of the year they're just eating like crap, and then twenty percent of the time they're doing stupid diets because that's because they've never developed a consistent meal structure.
Speaker 2: We're talking to PJ Street. PJ earlier talked about cleanses, and I've always wondered about this, is it is it good for you to every once in a while do some kind of a cleanse and clean yourself out, because I've never done it, but I've always wondered about it.
Speaker 25: The short answer is no, and I've said this many times before. Your liver and skin and kidneys, those are the only cleansing agents you'll ever need.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 25: They do just a fine job by themselves of eliminating toxins. And that all that you know, garbage that you hear about, all these juice cleanses and all that type of stuff. You know, it's it's just silly again. People that do that stuff lack foundational habits and lack consistency, and they get desperate and they say, I'm just going to eat celery for five days and drink this green juice, and yeah, you might, you know, you might drop six or eight pounds of water weight, and then you're right back to your normal way of doing things, and long term, nothing gets accomplished. So, you know, again, establish a consistent meal structure. The other you know, in terms of being boring, you need to lift weights three times a week. Non negotiables in your calendar, same day, same time. You put them in your calendars, just like an appointment, and that way you stop negotiating with yourself about about whether or not you're going to go to the gym. It's in your calendar. You know what you're doing. You actually have an actual program, and you're not just going to work out like you know when you go in there. Okay, this is upper body day. These are my exercises. You track your weights, reps, progress, all that stuff. So again, you aren't chasing you know, novelty and muscle confusion. You're chasing mastery. And again we talked I've about this many times before. Maintaining and building muscle after fifty is the number one thing you can do to protect it, protect against falls, against frailty, against injury, and against metabolic decline. And then finally, what else is boring but is also going to be highly beneficial for your health of business. You need to get your steps in. You need to walk. So you know, we've talked about this lot before. Seven thousand and nine thousand steps per day cuts your all cause mortality risk by fifty percent. So again, if you build walking walking into your routine, you know, you get up in the morning, you walk for ten minutes. On your lunch break, you walk for ten minutes in the evening. After dinner, you walk for ten minutes. Then it just becomes predictable. It becomes as predictable as brushing your teeth. And it's not like it's not like a workout. It's just kind of a daily requirement. So you know, to wrap it up, Boring works in boring winds. It's not supposed to thrill you. It's supposed to say to you, and the sooner you stop chasing excitement and start chane some consistency, the sooner your body and mind will start thanking you.
Speaker 1: Awesome, very good advice, PJ. We really appreciate it. If if folks want to find out more about you and what you do and how you can help them, where can they go?
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 25: If you need any help with your health, fitness, nutrition, weight loss, et cetera, you can check out my website Revivefitnessystems dot com. I offer in person and online coaching. In my program started less than four dollars per day.
Speaker 1: Hey, PJ. One idea, I thought of maybe for next week or a week down the line here with it. Hearing a lot about fasting, right, that's kind of the big thing, you know, Yeah, you don't eat for three days whatever, let's maybe tackle that at some point here, because I get I get a lot of questions about fasting. I think that might be a good topic.
Speaker 25: I will give you the Bible on fasting next week.
Speaker 1: Awesome confidence. I love ITJ. Thanks PJ.
Speaker 2: Thanks buddy, spoiler alert it's not worth it.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Thanks man. Yeah, our good friend PJ. Street. And with that we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on going on.
Speaker 7: And from the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment online at UCHealth dot com. Well, we have seventy five swing southbound Ronal Reagan Highway nor would lateral at ten minute trip and delays back to Sheppard and we picked up a breakdown. This is on the exit right up to seventy one southbound All Frampton Montgomery. We've got cruise that are trying to get that cleared out of the way. Seventy one north bound Smith Edwards Torontald Reagan Highway is ron Wagan Crosscunny Highway is stop and go. Seventy five southbound from the Viadect to the Brent Spence is a five minute trip, and the delays on the Carrol Cropper Bridge continue as well, with two seventy five west bound slowing back to the Petersburg exit. Southbound. We're heavy Back to US fifty in Indiana in about a ten minute drive. Take your way along seventy five North Bond Donalds into twelfth the Street. My Merick Shrep News Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight partly cloudy and forty eight for tomorrow seventy and sunshine. It is seventy NOWE News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Is it true Tom Brenneman arranges the food on his dinner plate in alphabetical order.
Speaker 6: That is not true. Is it true?
Speaker 11: Government scientists have studied Tom Brenneman's brain to better mankind.
Speaker 6: That's not true, but sounds like a pretty good idea. Is it true? Tom Brenneman is the best way to start your day? You bet it's true.
Speaker 19: I've got the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, investment news, and always a good time.
Speaker 6: It's my morning gift.
Speaker 11: To you, Tom Brenneman, Tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored blindster dot com.
Speaker 1: The new blinds at blindster dot com.
Speaker 2: We have work and we don't know what it is. Can we talk about the wine yway? That's a reason I'm bringing down all right.
Speaker 1: So it's the great, the great wine heist set of twenty twenty five, I mean, just epic heist that went on. So apparently, look, if you know anything about the kitchen in there, if there's anything edible or drinkable or even valuable, it will be consumed, stolen, hacked, whatever. Don't bring anything you like into that kitchen because it will be gone.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think that's what I was gonna ask too. If story that's gotta be common in most workplaces, I guess. But see the people work here, so that's.
Speaker 1: The thing is, there's not It's not like there's seventy five people here during the course of a day. It's so it's it's likely like one or two people that are the ones that are stealing everything.
Speaker 2: It's pretty easy to figure out.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so there was some wine apparently for an event that one of our sales folks have, and and I saw the two wine bottles in the kitchen as I walked in the studio when I when I came in earlier, you saw them, and you know that had no sign like free to whoever ws whatever. But I didn't think twice about it. But not five minutes after after we had come on air, everyone's running around who took the wine? Where is it at? No one knows.
Speaker 2: There's an all call email, Hey, everyone who took the wine that was in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Surveillance cameras are being being looked at.
Speaker 2: Hey, I ain't gonna lie. I saw that wine there and I thought, well. Then I went back out there to get a cup of water and one of the bottles was gone, and I thought, well, they're giving this out. I'm gonna take one.
Speaker 1: And that's how it works. Wait a minute, if somebody else gonna take it, I'm gonna take it right better me than anyone.
Speaker 2: Just don't wonder if that's the same in all workplaces. Five one, three, seven, nine, seven thousand to eat under the Big One. Because it's true. I told Rock there. We went through a little phase here where there are never any coffee cups out there, you know, just because we have a coffee machine out there, and for I don't know, whatever reason, nobody bothered to order new cups. And I don't drink coffee here at work, but I go out there and get my give myself a cup of water. And so one day I brought in a red Solo cup from from home and it was was kind of a heavy plastic one, you know, and uh so I thought, well, well, I'll just just keep this here at work because we don't really have a I guess if we ask for a desk we could get one, but I never bothered to. But so, you know, you kind of have to tote it around with you, all right. So one day I walked out there to get a cup of water, and and I just and I whatever. I realized we need to go in there, and I ran in here or whatever. So I left it out there for probably ten minutes. I went out there to get it.
Speaker 6: It was gone.
Speaker 2: And I thought it was gone.
Speaker 1: Closing a golden chalice or even a cool Stanley mug or it.
Speaker 2: Was done the Holy Grail, nothing of that nature. And I thought, well, maybe somebody just threw it away. Nope, looked in the trash can.
Speaker 1: What in there?
Speaker 2: Somebody took a red Solo cup.
Speaker 1: I think it shows you how desperate things are around here. Someone took a red solo cup now now by the way, so I I drink out of my my damn beard counsel boy scouts cup a little mug here, my good buddy Travis McCormick gifted me. And I've probably had this for what two years or more, And the only reason it's stuck around is I put it on the very I'm the tallest guy in the bit, so I other than Joe Walter, and he can't he can't see that far. So I put on the very very top shelf so no one can steal it, because if I didn't, it'd be gone.
Speaker 2: Yes see, that's I will tell the tale on the on rock he in our old studio. Because that's another thing. Headphones around here are like that's like a gold bar.
Speaker 1: You can't even set them down on the table. They were gone, mysteriously, just disappear.
Speaker 2: And so you know I would take I would take mine and leave him in my car, bring him back the next day, you gotta. But he mister tall guy over here, could reach up and set them on top of was it a lighting fixture or something.
Speaker 1: It was like a shelf amber in the old studio Willie had, well, the Willie Doll that he had that thing up there. He used to sit up on top of a shelf and I'm just kind of just put him up there, and yeah, no one could reach him.
Speaker 2: So you'd have to be pretty pathetic to stand on a chair to steal some headphone. So Rock, now that you're up to date on what's going on around here. See, I don't know if the wine caper has been solved yet or not. We'll keep you updated. Rock in other news coming up here later in the show. I know we're gonna be talking to Alex Stone about how expensive cars. You're not going to believe this number if you ever heard it.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely in saying to think what a just a normal car is these days.
Speaker 2: Ye know, we'll be talking about that later. But also, you know, expensive cars, expensive car maintenance, right, make sure. Yeah, So this happened to a woman in New York City. She spent seven hundred dollars for mechanics to investigate a bizarre crackling sound that was in her car was driving her knuts. She had had this car for a while. She said, I thought there was something wrong, this crackling noise it kept hearing. She said. A prior mechanic found signs of rodents in her engine, so she was worried there could be a rats nest in there because she parks her She parks her car on the street in New York City, so you know, anything like that got to be happening. So as she did an Internet search, she's looking could be that sounds like low good coolant levels blah blah blah. So she was Since he was due for her sixty thousand mile checkup, she took it in and asked the mechanics to investigate the sound. They reported they didn't hear anything and just said, I don't want to tell you. And so while she was sitting there in her car one day, she was like, there it is again, and she noticed that her this car comes equipped with you know, the entertainment. You know, you got your screen and whatnot. And what had happened was somehow or another, she had engaged the Sounds of Nature app that was included in her sound system. And it's like, you know, Christmas time and you can you know, have the fire, the log.
Speaker 1: Right, you're right, yeah, the crack, the sound, the rainfall, uh right, thing.
Speaker 2: So she had activated the somehow or another activated the crackling lug sound effect and that's what she was hearing.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. After she spent seven hundred and do you think they knew or.
Speaker 2: Just like, uh, man, let's let's talk to Jim and Amelia. Hey Jim, what are we talking about here? Stolen stuff at work or what?
Speaker 22: Yeah? Some does that work? And there wasn't food, but it was these you know, the collection of all the miniature football helmet NFL football. Yeah, you know, the little miniature things. It was a great collection. I had them on the shelf in the line office when I worked at the airport and kept them up there. We would shuffle them around with the playoffs were going to be and stuff who's helmets next to who is? And came in after my vacation and they were gone, and I'm like, oh, my little football houlets were gone. And I'm like, man, what a bummer?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did they just like get some did the powers that be get sick of looking at him and threw them out or and somebody just take them?
Speaker 22: I think somebody just took it because it was a nice little collection, you know, those little plastic well you know those things. But they were great. Man. It was like the eagles and everybody. And I was like, oh man, what are they about? Maybe somebody, but no, I could could never find out. So I'm like, eh, take that to the bank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Thanks you.
Speaker 1: At least I'm laying around.
Speaker 2: I'll snatch it some Well, him telling you about it reminded me of we were We went down to Gatlinburg just been three four years ago, and the boys went with us, and we rented a cabin and there was a pool table in there. Me and the boys were shooting pool and I look up and you know, they had the cube rack there. Uh, And I look up there. I was like, what is that? And both of my boys are like six five and they go and they're like and Jack reaches up there and pulls it down and it was a cheeto. So somebody and uh, It's like that's weird. Well, then we started noticing. We were there for like five days. Then we started noticing that somebody had taken cheetos and placed them randomly all around this cabin on top of it. Remember you tell me about this, And I was like, is this some kind of a witch thing or we under a spell? What's happening here? So then we all kind of became obsessed. But trying to find all the cheetos.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about the person that probably spent upwards of an hour hiding Cheetos and weird places in your room.
Speaker 2: Great, how much weed do you smoke? And like, I got out a good idea, let's do let's hide cheetos all around that.
Speaker 1: It also may be ducation about how little they actually clean off that room.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, nothing, let's talk about stolen stuff and work with Keith and Franklin. Hey Keith, what's going on? Buddy?
Speaker 4: Hey guys, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Listen to you.
Speaker 4: I have a funny story I have. I have a very nice coffee cup. It's a corksickle and at the end of the day I go out to the sink and I wash it out and I'll sit it down, go use the restroom. Well, I had left it one day, so I asked called work that's the wady to go get it for me, and they come back and said there's nothing out there. So the next day I had security look at the footage from the hallway to find out who took it. Well, this lady had picked it up, didn't wash it, didn't do nothing, just took it. Evidently I had taken it home because she had to bring it back, gave it to my supervisor, who gave it to somebody else that I had to go get it from. And the irony part of the story is the lady that originally took it is now dating one of my best friends. So I told him, I said, if you have a special occasion to get her one of these mugs. He said, no, that might cause some problems. She really likes it.
Speaker 3: She really likes it.
Speaker 30: She stole it.
Speaker 2: That's great. I like to get in the middle of that over a mug.
Speaker 1: Some people came become ridal, attached their their mugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk to Tony. Tony, what's going on tomorrow?
Speaker 24: Well tomorrow so you know, Well, said yeah, buddy of mine. A few years back, I caught him.
Speaker 22: Ah, I didn't.
Speaker 24: I didn't actually catch him in the act. But uh, I had a breakfast for you. I knewd for breakfast, and uh about a minute after I knew that, I went and grabbed my keys and got everything ready and come back and it's gone. So I go out in the into the shop and he is stuffing his face with it at the morning meeting, stuffing his face. It's it's falling all over him. He's like and it looked like he was enjoying pretty good. So I walk up to him and I was like, Hey, that's that's my breakfast. You're stuffing in your face, right, And he gets this crap look on his face, and I proceeded to like JOm him up one side down the other, and needless to say, he's all about almost in tears.
Speaker 22: This big fat dude's like.
Speaker 24: Almost in tears. And literally he leaves like like seven dollars on my desk, and then for the next like two or three days he ends up buying me breakfast and leaving it on my on my uh on my desk every morning. The strangest thing in the world. But yeah, I mean, right in front of everybody, he just stuff in the space.
Speaker 1: And that's that's an extra kind of bold. If you steal someone's food, like from certainly from the microwave or near the microwave, that's an like what possibly could he have justified is the reason why he should eat that thing? Right?
Speaker 24: He didn't have anything to say. I mean literally he was so surprised. I mean I was up on him, like you know, and he literally looked like he was gonna cry. And uh but yeah, he w.
Speaker 22: We end up being good friends after that.
Speaker 24: But yeah, scare the crap out of it.
Speaker 29: It was kind of fun.
Speaker 2: That's funny, thanks, Tony. I see, I've never heard anything that, you know, egregious.
Speaker 1: You know, no, I's never done that. But again, that's an extra kind of bold. Well, right, that's if if there's like a plate of twelve cupcakes in there, okay, you take a cup, but if there's one cupcake, you were thinking, well, that's probably brought that thing in.
Speaker 2: And it's got a birthday candle in it.
Speaker 1: And right, says Steve on it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to Laurie downtown, right quick, Hey Laurie, what's going on?
Speaker 1: How you doing well?
Speaker 31: He I hate to say that you were totally amateur hour. If you bring a red cup, solo cup in, you gotta gotta get a sharpie and put your.
Speaker 2: Name on it. That's well, see, Laurie, I get it. I understand that now. But who's I'm thinking, who's going to steal a solo cup for God's.
Speaker 31: Sake, I wouldn't. I don't like I don't like even finding a water that that even the cap might look like it's still close. I'm not taking it because I don't know where it came from, so it.
Speaker 6: Would not meet me.
Speaker 31: Who would steal your red Solo cup?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I wanted to put on a memo that said it, well, I carry it. I had my urine sample and.
Speaker 1: That well, Laurie, to your point, I have kids, and I assume you do too, because yeah, if you have kids, they have friends, you must put those names or you have fifty cups all over the place.
Speaker 31: Now I'm the type A. I want my stuff and I don't want anyone else to touch my stuff. I've got coffee mugs in the kitchen. I have my name written on them with a sharpie. But I got a couple of things to share. So we have a quote share table in the kitchen. So anything you put on that kitchen, that surface means it's a free for all. Whether it's like you know, leftover giveaway from a conference you went to, or you decided to make banana cake. So there's like that table means that's.
Speaker 3: A free for all.
Speaker 31: If it's on another table in the kitchen. That's sort of the that's somebody else's. They just laid it there and they're going to come back and get it. So we have an unwritten rule of the share table and the non share table.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 31: That's kind of our little it's I don't know, it was just that's that's like when we have our own birthdays, we have to bring the cupcakes or the donuts in and then that goes on the free table. But recently the people use so we have I don't know, ten knives, ten forks with small office about thirty five people. Someone kept some the forks kept disappearing. I mean someone would use them and they'd leave them at their cubicle where they'd take them home, didn't bring them back. And I finally went out and bought ten ten stainless steel forks, you know, cheap kind. Wherever I got them, I took a sharpie and I numbered them one through ten on the back, and I came into the kitchen and I said, look, everybody, here's ten new forks, and we're gonna see how long these last. Within within two weeks, half the forks were gone. I would flip them on the back. I'm like, okay, fur number three is missing?
Speaker 30: Has four number.
Speaker 31: Three because I see one, two, four, and five in the drawer, but where's number three? So there's a there's a black hole of forks somewhere in our office. And and this is a small office with I think, very civilized people. But the fork mystery is ongoing.
Speaker 2: Well, Laurie, thanks for to see those things disappear from my house too.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, like do you have like like bigger spoons and little little spoons? But for some reason, like almost all of our big spoons are gone. I mean maybe I accidentally throw them away. I don't know.
Speaker 2: See the big spoon little spoon thing is in my house since our boys are gone. You always look for something to fight about. And if you're eating soup in my house, deb will eat her soup with a teaspoon.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what kind of an insane person does that?
Speaker 2: The person I married, I don't like, why don't you use a big spoon? That's hardly a like oh minutes, that's the way I've always done it. Will I'd just like to throw a bunch of my gob.
Speaker 1: Man right exactly. Get it over with here, with that we take it with traffic and weather. What's going on.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center. Women's Sports Medicine Program provide specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Scheduling appointment online ucehealth dot com. We have seventy five heavy between Ronald Reagan Highway and Norwood Lateral. It's about a ten minute trip from Shephard and southbound seventy five Brent Spence is about a ten minute drive as well. Clifted at MLK. A crash Butter Milk Pike at seventy five in Kentucky is when we have an accident as well. My merch REMP News Radio seven hundred W d WELW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WW weather center for tonight partly cloudy and forty eight for tomorrow seventy and sunshine It is seventy nowe Who's Radio seven hundred W LW.
Speaker 11: Barbed wire and barricades have given way to hand shakes and handovers as Israel and Hamas six change hostages in a transaction of trust, with diplomacy being resurrected from the rubble. Will it hold or will the conflict continue? Keep it here for the latest updates on seven hundred.
Speaker 6: W l W.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored by Ohio eight one one call before you dig.
Speaker 1: Myself, Lance and Mo will be down at the Holy Grail. Uh, somehow you get a day off. We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'll come down for worlds.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll be there hammered, which would be great. I'd love that and the yes in the Roundtable show tonight and you know, I got to get on the chopper and all that, and you know, and we're getting that squared away. But nevertheless, kind of switching the days around. So we're gonna check in with our good friend Jason Hoffman of The Inquirer. We're gonna talk about our sports picks NFL action here today.
Speaker 6: Jason.
Speaker 1: How are you doing good?
Speaker 3: Rock?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 1: We're good?
Speaker 2: Well, so, how let's ask about last week? How'd you do?
Speaker 6: We didn't do bad.
Speaker 20: We went five hundred, so we didn't make any but we didn't lose any.
Speaker 1: All Right, as I win. If I go to Vegas and I cash in for a five hundred, hit the blackjack table for three hours and cash out with the same money, I'm good man.
Speaker 2: If you go to Vegas and leave with what you came with, Yeah, you're way way ahead, way ahead. Let's let's get to the picks. Will of course save the tomorrow for last. Let's start with the London game. It's the Rams and Jags seeing Rams by three in this one.
Speaker 20: Yeah, unlike the terrible product that we sent over there last week, this should actually be a pretty good game to Jaguars defenses is stout. The Rams are really good on defense, as everyone knows, they've just fallen short in a couple of games. I like the Rams in this spot, even though the Jags basically London is their second home, so we're gonna go ram a right.
Speaker 1: Very good. I always liked games that have kind of big spreads on them, and the Las Vegas Raiders aren't very good. They play the Chiefs or all of a sudden just absolutely red hot. I'm seeing Chiefs minus twelve and a half. That's a big number in the NFL.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's partially thanks to the betting public. This game opened at ten and a half and that has moved two points because of how much money's on the Chiefs after what they did in Detroit last week or on Monday night. I should say, but I don't like the Chiefs being on a rest disadvantage here. So I'm gonna actually take the twelve and a half with that Pete Carroll defense and see if Max Crosby can't get home a few times, maybe maybe cause a turnover too.
Speaker 1: Here we go, all right.
Speaker 2: One that caught my eye simply because the Browns are favored the Dolphins at the Browns. I'm seeing Browns by two and a half within over a forty.
Speaker 20: Yeah, So this game's tricky. There's a lot of room going around that this could be the last game that Mike McDaniel coaches in Miami. We've all seen the reports of what's going on down there to a Tongua Bay Loa basically saying there's no leadership in the locker room whatever. And on the other side of that, there's some there's some rumblings that with Cleveland trading Joe Flaker to the Bengals that they are going to move on from Kevin Stefanski if he can't get Dylan Gabriel orschid Or Sanders to get this offense going. So I'm gonna go with the over in the point total here over forty, I think the Browns win this one. Out right, and again I think it's the last time we seen Mike McDaniel on Miami's sideline.
Speaker 1: You talk about a meteoric rise, I mean two years ago, he was just what everybody was talking to. And he's the new age coach and they listen to music and he doesn't yell at anybody. And I just feel like that sort of thing cycles in and out of football, But what seems to always come back to working is Tom Coughlin and you know, Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick and and run a tight ship kind of thing. So that'll be interesting. And another guy which leads us to our next game, New England Patriots and Tennessee Titans. Same thing, Mike Rabel, who they ran out of Tennessee. Yeah, he's now going to face his former team having just fired their head coach. What a day ago. I'm seeing Patriots minus seven and a half against the oh to five Titans.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I'll take this all day long. I don't think Brian Callahan was the main problem there. I think organizationally, they have no vision, they have no identity in Tennessee.
Speaker 25: Uh.
Speaker 20: And Mike Rabel has the Patriots playing way better than what their rosters should be. So I'm gonna I'm gonna lay the points here in a Mike Rabel revenge game.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, and what should be a good game Eagles at Vikings. Seeing Eagles by a point and a half here.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I'm all over the Vikings in this one. The Eagles have a lot of drama going onto their locker room right now, and they just they haven't found their identity yet this year. The Vikings, on the other hand, with Kevin O'Connell, are coming off of bye week, so he'll have you know, he's going to have a great scheme drawn up, and I think the Vikings are gonna win this one out right.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Let's go another one here, I watch you know, before the season, you wouldn't have said this is a good game. But you got the New York Giants, you know, and Jackson Darton. You know, they got some excitement going on there a little bit against the Broncos who have won their last three. How you seeing this one? The line is wow, Broncos minus seven and a half.
Speaker 20: Huh Yeah, I like, I like what New York has going on right now. That Thursday night game last week was incredible with Cam skataboo just being a total lunatic. They're a lot of fun to watch right now. And with the with the hook being in there with seven and a half, I like the Giants just to keep it close.
Speaker 1: Probably not went.
Speaker 20: Out right, maybe lose by a field goal, but I definitely like that extra half point.
Speaker 1: Al Right.
Speaker 2: He is switching to the Monday games. Now, how about the but the Bucks the resurgent Baker Mayfield at the Detroit Lions, seeing the Lions by five and a half with a Giant over under a fifty two and a half.
Speaker 20: Wow, Yeah, I like the under in this game. First off, the Lions are coming off that disappointing loss to the Chiefs, and Baker Mayfield again, as you said, resurgency here, He's got that team playing confident, playing with that swagger. His receivers are catching balls that they have no business catching in traffic, and I like them to keep this close. But I think the Lions bounce back and win. I'm just not going to take the point or lay the points.
Speaker 7: I should say.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, Jason, are there odds right now on NFL MVP? Because I have to imagine Baker Mayfield is right at the top of that. That guy is playing out of his mind right now.
Speaker 20: Yeah, for sure. It's funny. Brought that up this morning, or no, I got an email Tuesday morning, I should say, with odds change from BETMGM to where at BETMGM, Baker Mayfield moved into number two in the odds for MVP, with Mahomes being one. But there's a few books out there that if you look, he's actually the odds on favorite right now. So yeah, like I said, playing out of his mind right now, and it's certainly reflected in the books there.
Speaker 2: All right. How about that other Monday night game, Texans at Seahawks Seahawks three and a half, I'm.
Speaker 20: Seeing, Yeah, just because Seattle's playing at home. I liked them in this one. Houston's kind of finding their identity right now. Seattle looks like definitely a playoff contender. Sam Darnold is playing the best, absolute best football with his professional career right now, and with that home crowd the twelves there, I like the Seahawks in this one.
Speaker 1: All right. Let's go to the big Thursday night showdown season hanging in the balance for your Cincinnati Bengals against the Steelers. I mean, you couldn't create a better script here. Bengals absolutely need to win Patriots. I believe he won the last three or Patriots Steelers have won the last three. How you seeing this one on forward?
Speaker 19: Here?
Speaker 1: He got the Flacco hopefully making a bigger step here in week two, a little more, you know, comfortable with the offense. How you seeing this.
Speaker 4: One so yet?
Speaker 20: In media availability on Tuesday, Cam Hayward called this the icy Hot Bowl because the combined age of the starting quarterbacks is eighty one years old. That's the best I see an awesome old school shootout here. I'm going to take the over on the point total, and I don't really like five and a half. It's a weird number, but I'm gonna take the Bengals plus the five and a half they I think with Flacco, with the way he looked in the second half against Green Bay, you could actually absolutely talk yourself into the Bengals winning out right, But I like them to keep it within a field goal regardless.
Speaker 2: So you're taking an over on forty three and a half hut. So there you got them going at it.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I think you know I wrote my preview that's or not preview, but the three keys that's in the In the enquiry on sinsay dot com, I wrote, I wrote that everyone neither neither Flaco nor Aaron Rodgers are going to be one hundred percent in this game because they the short turnaround to Thursday night. So what the heck, everything's going to hurt Friday morning. Anyway, you might as well air it out there.
Speaker 1: You go, man, chuck the ball around, Let's go. That would be fun just to see a good old you know whatever for here. Something all right, very good, Jason one.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: Some good college games this weekend. One of course I'm most interested in is USC at Notre Dame. You know, USC is playing well at five and one, doing some good things. I like their quarterback a lot. Notre Dame has been playing great too. After those opening season losses in the first two games, Notre Dame desperately needs this to keep any playoff hopes a lot. They lose one more from here on out, there's absolutely no chance I'm seeing what, Yeah, Notre Dame minus nine and a half.
Speaker 20: Well, yeah, I don't really like the nine and a half here. I like it more to touchdown, So I'm gonna stay away. From the digree. You know, seasons on the line. They got to win this game. If I had to take points, I would take USC plus the points. But I think Notre Dame wins outright. I think car right now is the best all around quarterback in college football. Wow, and yeah, I like I like Notre Dame right now to win this game. Maybe not cover the nine and a half, but definitely.
Speaker 2: To win all right with While we're talking about college, let me ask you guys about something. Is Indiana for real?
Speaker 1: I think so? I mean that coach is for real. I mean you talk about a guy that's done more with you know, not having all the I think they have no five stars and only a few four stars. Churts Signetti. I think he's a dark horse candidate for for Penn State. You know. I mean, guys won everywhere he's been Division two at JMU, he won, comes right into Indiana and wins. I think they're a good team. What do you think Jayson?
Speaker 20: Yeah, for sure, and he was the he was going to be the next guy up if UC didn't get Scott Siderfield. But he was number two on their list reportedly, and like you had mentioned earlier, Rock the old school football coach. He's yep, said it many times. He doesn't care how many stars are next to your name. He wants certain types of players and you know, to use a coaching cliche, man, he's got them. He's got them all pulling in the same direction.
Speaker 2: I think they're for real for sure. All right, with that, we will let you go, Jason, good luck, buddy.
Speaker 20: All right, Jens. Thanks, Let's go make some money.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks, Chase, our good friend Jason Hoppin the editor from the Inquire Cincinnati dot com. And yeah, I wanted to ask you about that because a good friend of mine is an IU grad and he is all about his who.
Speaker 1: I met with him two years ago when he was a coach at JMU and just a smart, no nonsense, all ball guy, you know, for an athletic director. And everyone throws around the word balance, need work life balance. You don't have any balance. He's all ball. And if you're an AD whose job is number one job that you have as an AD is get a football coach in there to lead a program. You don't want to hear nothing about what they like to do in their free time. And there's no free time, and much you asked Bill Belichick about that. Yeah, I've worked for him for about fifty years and then there you go. So he started to find another interest and we get what we.
Speaker 2: Get one certain interest. Yeah, yeah, with yes, and we all know what her name is. Just ask Willy with that. When we check in with traffic and what's going on.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center. The U s Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Scheduleman appointment online ucehealth dot com. I'm about a fifteen minute drive seventy five southbound from Homple to the Brent Spence Bridge. Ten minute drive southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood. Latterals, we have the ongoing road work now Clifton Avenue between Straight and mlk's WARF's got a crash. Police on the scene. Thanks for the tip on that. Northbound seventy one Data to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highways a ten minute drive and we're seeing staff go condition seventy five southbound MLK to the Brent Spence in seventy five northbound Mitchell de Paddick. I'm Rick SHREMP News Radio seven hundred double d WELW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight partly cloudy and forty eight for tomorrow seventy and sunshine. It is seventy nine News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 23: Ruckie Boyman and Lance McAllister have all the Whoday you can handle during the roundtable tonight at six on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best wiles.
Speaker 1: Covering this report is sponsored by the James Cancer Hospital.
Speaker 7: When you choose the James at Ohio State, you're letting the team that specializes in tweeting just one type of cancer yours.
Speaker 2: All right back with Eddie and Rocky just a little while longer, and we got to get you in that chopper yep, the rich Wood.
Speaker 1: Get out there. And speaking of I mean another reason I use the chopper as I mean the car service they wanted to give me. It's outrageous. Have you seen the costs the price of new vehicles these days?
Speaker 2: I saw it, and I hadn't heard this, but now I saw this story We're about to talk to Alex Stone about and I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely enjoying us right now to talk about the sticker shock that's go on with new cars these days, Alex. I think anybody who's bought a car or thought about buying a car recently, you know, walks onto a lawn says that base model truck over there costs what talk to us about?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and if you want leather seats or anything else, and it's insane. So Yeah, there's a new data out from Kelly Bluebook today and the average price of a new car in the US is now above fifty thousand dollars for the first time ever. That the average price of what people are paying and car prices, they had been going up because of supplying demand coming out of the pandemic, they went up more in September. Some of that is linked back to tariffs and the fear over tariffs all that, but a big part of this is, according to economists, those who have the means, who are doing well in this economy are buying more expensive luxury vehicles and electric vehicles, and those costs more. That this has turned into a situation where those who have good investments, I mean, you see what's going on with the markets, their money has grown, they can afford more. They're driving up prices. Those who can't or don't invest are kind of left behind and all of this, and car makers are tailoring what's available to a higher end market like other industries are as well, because there is an appetite for that. We talked to Stephen Kate said at bank Rate, and he put it like.
Speaker 30: This, the portion of people who are buying those higher end vehicles a lot of that. Maybe electric vehicles which generally have a higher sticker price, larger sud luxury vehicle, you know, those are a bigger share of what is being sold today. We're seeing that lower end cars, less expensive cars, they are making up a much smaller share of what's being currently sold.
Speaker 8: And so if the car makers can make higher end cars and make more money off of them, that's what they're going to do. And then if you say, well, then I'm going to go to a used car, the data shows and new cars and newer used cars are very close in price right now for Toyota and Honda and others, that it's not always an option for somebody who say, well, then I'm just going to go get a cheaper used car, because the used cars are not that much cheaper. He told us this similar, And when.
Speaker 30: I looked up the cost of a twenty twenty one mentenra versus a brand new one, the cost difference is roughly one thousand dollars. So you can buy a brand new car for just a little bit more than you might buy a four year old survey on car. So what is the better value?
Speaker 8: Which is pretty crazy right now because of supply and demand and the what people are looking for that a lot of used cars are almost as expensive as a new one. One economist guy was saying that the twenty thousand dollars car that you know was around when we were beginning to drive, that that is a thing of years gone by. There are cars that are in the upper twenties and in the thirties, but they aren't as desirable and people are shelling out a lot more money for luxury cars. There is this same trend in other ways of how we spend money. Airline travel is very similar to it. Those who have done well are spending to upgrade and to go in more curious travel. That is why Southwest is now going more of a mainline airline. Spirit is having trouble surviving because people don't want the you know, the basic fair any longer. Stephen added this.
Speaker 30: Another example is Delta Airlines just recorded they spect more revenue coming from first class and premium cabin than they do from the rest of the airplane. Frankly, just people who have the memes are spending, and those who are feeling more squeezed, they're staying home.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so it could be buying an airline ticket or buying a car, just some figure straw. You know, the average car is now over fifty thousand dollars, Sofie says, the average salary in the US is sixty six, six hundred and twenty two dollars experiences. The average new car loan at this point, based on these prices, is now six years, with the average car payment in those six years being seven hundred and forty nine dollars a month. Recruiter says the average monthly take home pay is forty eight hundred bucks, so almost eight hundred of the forty eight hundred is going to the car payment. Then you got take into a over six years. That is maintenance. You know you're gonna have a problem with it. You know you're gonna go through probably two sets of tires. You got brakes in there, yeah, of course gas. Many families need two or more cars if you've got kids driving, So it is expensive right now to own a car, I know.
Speaker 1: What you're saying about. I mean on a smaller scale with the other day, I was looking at, you know, maybe getting one of my kids an ATV right like a quad, and the used prices are like two hundred dollars less than the brand new and you're see here like what you know, which is which is and all of them are high, you know, So yeah, you're in that kind of weird thing, same as the cars where you think, okay, I'll buy us and save myself a couple thousand bucks. It ain't happening.
Speaker 30: No.
Speaker 8: I was just kind of, you know, looking around online and then going okay, at Toyota four Runner, and I mean used ones that are like twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, they're still going for like fifty five grand, sixty grand that the price just doesn't go down.
Speaker 2: That's that's so that's crazy to me, because I had I used to have a four Runner. Of course it was I probably bought it ten years ago or something. It was ten twelve years ago, and I remember paying I think it was like thirty one grand for it, and I thought that was a lot.
Speaker 8: Oh no, if you go for a new four erunner now, I mean granted you know I'm talking. Yeah, you want some of the options on them. Now you can get a bare basement that won for probably the upper forties, but they're expensive. But Toyota, Honda, you know, there are the brands that definitely hold their their prices.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the other thing too, is cars used to be you know, four four wheels of steering wheel, air conditioned, heat radio, and that was about it. Now I mean they essentially have a super powered computer, which you know that there's a cost aspect there, and then you know, heated seats. You know, you try to do all these things, and that's I imagine that's part of the reason that these prices jumped too.
Speaker 8: That is a big part of it, and people expect all of that now that Yeah, there are a lot of mandatory safety things that they've got to put in there of the lane departure and the backup camera and all of that. But yeah, and if it's an electric vehicle, yeah, it's like a giant iPhone driving around with all of the technology and the battery on board and everything. But yeah, if you don't have the center screen, if you don't have things that we'd take for granted now, electric windows, all of that, if you don't have eats, You're going, what is this thing?
Speaker 30: Man?
Speaker 8: I don't want people. They want the nicer things.
Speaker 2: All right with that, Alex, we will let you go. Buddy, thanks so much. You got to thank you our good friend to Alex Stone from ABC. And yeah, we when we were just on vacation in August there out in when we went to Tahoe. The car we got didn't have a backup camera on it, and I've I've just gotten so used to having one in my car, and I were like, I actually have to like turn around and look to see where I'm going.
Speaker 1: By the way, That's why I never use those things because I don't want to become dependent on them.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you something, you totally do, but I just proved it. I'm telling you. I was like, oh crap, I have to turn around.
Speaker 1: I remember the first truck I abought when I got in the league, you know, and I needed a truck and it was a it was an instant. Two thousand and two GMC black, and it had like a Southern Comfort custom package on it. And it was thirty grand, right, I mean, so it wasn't some you know, but it was like that was like what a customized truck with wheels and the whole deal costs. And I was thirty grand. And now like a base model pickup.
Speaker 2: Is that's insane?
Speaker 1: Fifty fifty four grand with that.
Speaker 2: Let's check in with traffic and weather. What is going on