Speaker 1: This is a big moment on the show. Big moment on the show. Now, if you follow along the show, we kind of live our lives here on the radio. We talk about things that are going on in our marriage or relationship or breaking up and making up and all these different things. And so Bailey, who had been you know, she really we give Bailey a hard time because she's been perpetually single. Yeah, kind of a cat lady for a long time. And we keep telling Bailey, you know, you're you're kind of a good catch, you're kind of hot, you're funny, and that type of thing. So Bailey finally got the confidence to go out and meet this guy. Yeah that and you'd gone out with like four guys in one week.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was a it was a big week. And this one was off Friday. The Friday guy was this one Okay, turned into regular guy, which we knowingly love and call him.
Speaker 1: Why do you call him regular guy?
Speaker 3: Because he's just a regular dude.
Speaker 2: So like when people say, hey, can you describe him, I'd be like, well, this is his job, and this is what he looks like, and this is what he is interested in, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, it's just like regular stuff.
Speaker 2: Like he didn't have like a weird He wasn't a weird he wasn't like Twitter feud guy, which was like the.
Speaker 3: Guy who got into Twitter feud. God, you didn't go any further with him exactly.
Speaker 2: So he's just a regular guy, and you know, sometimes you want to stay regular.
Speaker 3: Jenny knows. Yeah, I appreciate, really awesome.
Speaker 1: So, for the first time ever, you are about to hear the voice nervous of regular guy. And you can't do this without some sort of an introductory fanfareat So let's meet for the first time on the radio, regular guy. Good morning.
Speaker 4: You there, Hi, good morning?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, regular Guy. Let's hear you speak.
Speaker 3: Hey there.
Speaker 1: Let let's let's get to know him a little bit. First of all, we want to hear his voice because you know, when when I first heard you were dating some guy, I thought that he would probably sound like an extra on the Simpsons. You tell me what you've done so far? What's your routine been this so far? This morning, Regular guy.
Speaker 4: Well, if you ever hear Bailey do an impression on me, it does sound like a character from the Simpsons. So that is a pretty accurate portrayal.
Speaker 3: Do you do an impression of regatar guy I could I could start.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well I've heard a few of them.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, cool.
Speaker 1: Now let me ask you a question. Regular guy.
Speaker 3: Bailey's so nervous.
Speaker 1: We like him. I've heard he's funny, and I've heard you're delightful. What did you think of Mam Miranda? Do you get along okay with Miranda?
Speaker 4: We got along great. I had heard rumors of the legend of Ma Miranda at Beef, and within roughly forty five seconds of arriving, it was already on display. She is a celebrity there. She was kind, she was welcoming, she was very I had a great time meeting her and all of the good people of.
Speaker 1: These Now what I like about him already is he had a multi word answer yes, unlike my son Carson. What did you think of Mom Ronda?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: So you had a multi word ant This is gonna get this is going well.
Speaker 3: They call multi word answers.
Speaker 2: I will say, yes, that's what they call. He was nervous about this yesterday. So I did say go beyond yes and no, and he was like, yeah, okay, I know I did not say that.
Speaker 1: What do you like about Bailey? I mean, it took us a while to get used to her. What do you like about them?
Speaker 4: How many answers can I give you?
Speaker 3: Get out of here? I'm sweating.
Speaker 4: I'll give you a little little Mount Roush the top four?
Speaker 3: Okay for sure? Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: She's a lot funnier than I am. And I appreciate humor. I appreciate comedy. Bailey's very funny. She makes me laugh. She's very considerate. She cares a lot about other people.
Speaker 3: She has a lot of.
Speaker 4: Friends that she puts a lot of effort into and that is very important to me, including her family. She has very beautifulies and what I have told her in the past, and I don't know if she believes that. She has a contageous smile when she smiles and makes me smile, and I think that's very cute.
Speaker 1: Lights up the room when she smiles. No, I didn't know.
Speaker 6: You don't.
Speaker 1: Now now what, let's find out how well you two have gotten to know each other. What is what kind of or you're going to order a pizza? You're calling up Domino's. What What does Bailey want on her pizza?
Speaker 4: It's a Hawaiian and whatever sort of a little spice, whether it's haallapanil, some red Joey flake, something like that. Yes, wanting to start a little bit of spice would be very nice, like a.
Speaker 2: Fun Hawaiian that's correct, Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 1: What does Bailey like to do? We're talking of Bailey's I would say boyfriend is.
Speaker 3: My boyfriend?
Speaker 1: What is Bailey like to do? Regular guy?
Speaker 4: Bailey really enjoys any sort of theater, whether it's a musical, a play, improv, comedy, anything like that. She loves that. It's it's cool, it's fun. I enjoyed going to them with her because she's also there. But at the end of the day, she also doesn't mind if that gets canceled and she can stay home and Cap her cat.
Speaker 1: Okay with a cat? What do you think about cat? I saw a picture of you holding Cap the cat on your lap. You get along okay with cat?
Speaker 4: We get along pretty well. Cap is a good friend of mine. He's a good guy. I am just a teeny bit allergic to cats. So it's a little of a sacrifice that I'm very willing to make. Oh, that's very nice.
Speaker 3: He does like him, or my cat likes regular guy?
Speaker 1: If you will, Jenny look up the seven or whatever love languages. Yeah, look those up, uickly, And then we're going to give regular guy a multiple choice of what is Bailey's love languge.
Speaker 3: Because it's important to know whether.
Speaker 1: It's togetherness or praise or loving. The love language.
Speaker 7: Technically physical touch, but Dave calls it sweaty lovin. So there's physical touch, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, and words of affirmation. So there's five options. Are you asking him what he thinks Bailey's love language?
Speaker 1: Correct? A Moon, No, Bailey, write down your love language so you can't change answer, and don't worry. There's no not a lot of pressure. You guys are still new with this. So this is Bailey's boyfriend, Bailey Guy, sweaty love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: So you've had some time a regular guy, what do you think Bailey's love language is?
Speaker 4: Right down? That there are two answers, and Jenny can and real quicks.
Speaker 7: I have the right word, so words of affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time, physical.
Speaker 4: Touch, words of affirmation and quality time.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I did say quality time, and I guess I agree with words of affirmation, but I feel like it would be weird if I picked that one, because I do like when people are nice to me, but I wouldn't ask them to be nice to me.
Speaker 3: But it's not about that.
Speaker 7: It's it's more of words of affirmation of like, oh, baby, you look great today. Oh babe, I love you so much. It's kind of like letting you know that they care about you. That's nice, Like oh, you look super hot today.
Speaker 3: Oh you know. It's more than just that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, Bailey doesn't always believe when I say you look very pretty today. However, I like to think that she enjoys hearing us one.
Speaker 1: I think you are spot on. I've told Bailey for a long time. Because Bailey's like, bar Mary, Mary, guys don't find me cute. I'm like, no, you're kind of hot. I told you that from day one. Yeah, And and then I think that she probably likes to hear it. But I think you're right about that. Yeah, so I like to hear it.
Speaker 4: I said the first time I got her phone number, you're kind of hot.
Speaker 3: You did not stop it, didn't he loving you?
Speaker 7: Regular guy? Yeah, we're getting messages coming in. I like this interview with regular guy is warming my heart. Oh, God, I'm so excited for you, Bailey. All this Twin City girlies are screaming and cheering for you, Bailey. Does regular Guy have any brothers? Asking for a friend?
Speaker 4: L O L.
Speaker 1: He does have a brother, but he's married bronfortunately. Sorry, all right, regular guy. It's been a pleasure getting to know you. Thank you very much. I think that this is probably you know, gonna go places.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow.
Speaker 4: I hope that you're right. It's been a pleasure being on so thank you for having so kind.
Speaker 1: Say goodbye. We're not gonna listen. Okay, listen, just the two of you alone in the universe. We're not here, say goodbye.
Speaker 3: Can you text me later?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I text you Okay, okay, piece, it's nice Onnia Okay, nice, okay bye.
Speaker 3: N She's so giddy. I'm so cute.
Speaker 7: I can't tell you how cute he is. I like him so much. I already liked him like a few weeks ago. Then there's like other things he's done in the last couple of weeks, like Bailey and her friend go to all these restaurants and talked about creating some kind of list of restaurants that they want to go to.
Speaker 3: He went out of his way and created like.
Speaker 7: The most intense Excel document to help you guys out with them because you both are like, we should do this, and then.
Speaker 3: You not do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so great to date somebody who's interesting and funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like you.
Speaker 7: Is both of those things. It is hilarious. Number one, how dare you? And she is interesting in the bedroom, that's what I heard.
Speaker 3: Well, sweating, sweaty loving. Send her a text right now, David, tell her how much you love her.
Speaker 1: She blocked me.
Speaker 2: Your TV.
Speaker 3: We're streaming live on YouTube. Just search Dave Ryan TV.
Speaker 1: Check us out right now. We're on live. Oh my god, I forget sometimes you get these candid moments because we forget.
Speaker 3: Yes, so put your shirt on that we're on. We're on live right now.
Speaker 1: Every Tuesday, we do a little thing on the talkback feature what we want to know where are you from and what do you love about it? And that's kind of a fun little thing like where are you from? Where in Minnesota or wherever you are from, and what do you love about it? So open up the iHeartRadio app if you don't have it open already and use the talkback button. That red microphone. It lets you record a thirty second kind of like a message voicemail that goes right to us and we can play back on the radio. Where are you from and what do you love about it? We asked on Facebook, So we'll get to some of those in a second. I am I'm from chan Hassen. I live in chan Hassen now moving to Victoria, by the way. But if I can to say I'm from chan Hassen, I'd say I love it because it's got all the conveniences of everything. It's got a target, it's got breweries, it's got all the things. But it's also just a mile or two from the countryside. Yeah, so within minutes you can be in the countryside if you live in Shanhassen. So where are you from and what do you love about it?
Speaker 2: Bailey, I'm from Andover and I feel like maybe Jenny and I would be connected on this one. Anderwer is kind of a smaller suburb ish and I like that I can go back and feel like, you know, a little bit podunky, Like I can get my mcgolden light, I can eat my wings, I can sit at the bar.
Speaker 3: People know who I am That's what I like about any.
Speaker 1: Very kind of a small town vibe suburb in the suburbs.
Speaker 7: Okay, I am originally from Vona Lac, Wisconsin, So I'll go with that, and I'll say that what I also love about it same to what Bailey said, but probably the fact that I get to go home and if I'm wearing like leggings and a cute workout top, that's fancy, you know, like that's real fancy. Most people are in there like packers gear from thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: Like anytime I.
Speaker 7: Wear anything that I would find to be very plain out to the bar, They're like, why are you so dressed up? And I really love that.
Speaker 1: That's funny. You want where are you from? And what do you love about it?
Speaker 9: Boy?
Speaker 5: Everybody's originally in Trenton, New Jersey, which is the capital of New Jersey. A lot of people don't know. I love that, I can say, whether he says it or not. Jay Z went to Trenton Central High School for a little bit. I don't think he graduated from there, but I get the flegs and say, yeah, I walked the same halls as a.
Speaker 3: I don't think I knew that why I didn't graduate from there. He claims he's New York, but he went to.
Speaker 1: Trenton High That's ONNY. Okay, what about you, where are you from and what do you love about it? So we got some text messages and use the talkback feature because we love to hear your voice talking about where you're from and what do you love about it. Judy says, I'm from Minnesota. I love it because we have four seasons. Well, here's another one. Jamie Taylor Gill. I'm from Detroit Lakes, Minnesota. Love the lakes, but now I live in Champlain. I love about how everybody looks out for everybody else in the community. Here's one. Jackie Joe Montreal says, I'm from Two Rivers, Wisconsin. It's on the shores of Lake Michigan. I grew up north of town at Point Beach State Park and the beach was my front yard and the forest was my backyard. Now listen to this one. Cindy is from Perth, Western Australia. Whoa, I love the beach's warm weather and the Marsupials, which is a band.
Speaker 3: Oh the Marsupials, I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Jennifer says I'd live in Highland Ranch, Colorado. I love that I get to get to a mountain to ski in under two hours. A couple of more on text message or on Facebook. I'm from Roseville. It's got everything, It's near everything. Didn't realize how convenient it was until it moved away.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Emily listens in Dayton, Ohio. What do you like about Dayton, Ohio. It's a perfect blend of city and rural. Christopher is an old radio friend of mine. He listens in Las Vegas. He said, I live in Las Vegas. No state tax, no snow, many twenty four hour options because it's a twenty four hour city.
Speaker 2: Which is nice. Sometimes you really want like cookies at three am.
Speaker 1: Right Yeah. Nancy sam as upstate New York. We get a lot of snow. That's what they love about it. Brenda Ellis reed. He says, I live in Brandon, South Dakota. Small town and great memories. And Amanda says Carver, Minnesota. All of my best friends are there. I love it.
Speaker 2: Carver.
Speaker 1: If you've never been to Carver, it looks like a movie set of a small town.
Speaker 3: It looks like I haven't been. Where is Carver?
Speaker 1: It's down a little bit southwest or south of chan Hassen, Okay. And it's got some great little bars like Lisa's Place, and I think, what's the other one, Harvey's. I think anyway, if you look at the main street in Carver, it looks like it's been set like a set for a movie set in like nineteen twenty. It's just cool. Yeah, Carver, Where are you from? And what do you love about it? We got some talk packs.
Speaker 10: I'm Nealy from shape from Minnesota. What I like about living in Shapeer? Is it a pretty rule?
Speaker 1: Let's skip that one because I really can barely hear it. Not her fault, Not her fault.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 11: I'm from Waterville, Minnesota, and I love a little town because.
Speaker 4: I love the fish.
Speaker 5: And there's lakes all around in Great Fish because it feels like I just love it.
Speaker 3: Lots of fish lakes. Here's another talk back.
Speaker 11: Hello Dave Ryan in the morning show. This is darn Old Wire here in Richfield. I'm originally from Ireland, the land of the Saints and Scholars. Been here sixteen years, Absolutely loved Minnesota. Fun fact about me was, Dave, you gave me second place on the person being the most Irish at kIPS Bar One time game, second toWin American Nice one day, Wow, good thanks is another one.
Speaker 12: So Originally I grew up in the middle of nowhere in this what would be an unincorporated town called Dumfries out in the middle of absolute nowhere in Minnesota. But the closest town, which I would consider where I grew up was Talman, and it was basically one city block with a place called Roy's that had pizza, and you could rent movies and playpool.
Speaker 10: And I knew everyone.
Speaker 5: Oh that's so cool. When you know everybody in your hometown. I think it's a blessing and a curse.
Speaker 2: Actually, right, I was gonna say, you know everyone, but you also know everyone's drama.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about Tuesday. Where are you from and what do you love about it? We'll do more of these. We got a bunch of these, and we'll do more when we come back in a second. Also, I have a question influencer versus chef. Influencer goes into a fancy restaurant and demands that they get comped a free dinner so they can share the experience with their followers. The chef says no, but then it blew up. I want to find out I got some more details. Who shide are you on? And we'll cover that next onime. You can't make this stuff up on KT.
Speaker 3: And you've got the Dave Bryan Show.
Speaker 1: I'm kd wb noll Right. Where are you from and what do you love about it? We were just talking about this a while ago for Talkback Tuesday, But we have somebody on the phone. Where are you from? And what do you love about it?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 3: Who's this billy from Alabama? And I am from a small town called shutdown the Tietown?
Speaker 1: Was that your best Alabama? Was that your best Alabama accent?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: That's the best I can do?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 3: Where are you living town?
Speaker 4: I'm back in Minnesnoda. Because after that, uh, after we was at that that Halloween party, I was like, I got to go find Jenny Jenn.
Speaker 3: I did get to meet.
Speaker 7: DJ Buggy for the first time at Boo Back.
Speaker 1: You all met DJ. It was very cool. It was like, Oh, that's DJ Buggy.
Speaker 4: I was trying to get a drunk. Man, I'm like, you should have another one.
Speaker 7: Old ond. You never once offered to buy me a drink. How are you trying to get me drunk. You were just expecting everyone else to.
Speaker 4: I know, I was thinking I was trying to do a telepatholy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, DJ Boogie, I'm glad that you are here, but I know that you're from.
Speaker 4: Where chicaggles and it's all.
Speaker 1: Okay, Thank you, DJ Bog Do you take care?
Speaker 3: Sorry you guys, more talk PAGs.
Speaker 1: Where are you from? What do you love about it? Let's find out.
Speaker 12: I am from Yuma, Arizona, and what I love about it.
Speaker 3: Is it is the sunniest place.
Speaker 1: In the world.
Speaker 9: However, now I live in Princeton, Minnesota.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, not the sunniest place.
Speaker 9: Look, I live in Maple Grove and I love my neighborhood.
Speaker 3: All my neighbors are very nice and we have everything here and the grove so stores, restaurants and everything. So I'm very convenient.
Speaker 1: Hey, I love this. Where are you from and what do you love about it?
Speaker 9: My name is Tyler. I'm from Ventura, California, and my favorite thing is that the weather is the same year round, no matter what. And it was in the perfect area where no matter you drive thirty minutes, you can end up in the mountains ten minutes to the beach. You can drive two hours to the snow. There's always something to do and you can always go to the beach.
Speaker 1: I love that we have so many people listening outside of Minnesota. Especially love people in Minnesota Wisconsin to listen. But that you're listening in Ventura, California.
Speaker 3: That's so core.
Speaker 1: Perth, Australia, right. Or there's a beautiful little resort town kind of south of where I am, Shaska.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the resort A Minnesota.
Speaker 6: I love the community here, people taking care of each other. It is a diversity. We have really good Indian food, Mexican food, sushi. I love that I am a short drive from the city and a short drive to the country. I can go downtown catch some live music, I can go out to the country.
Speaker 1: It really is the perfect city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the perfect city.
Speaker 1: Perfect city.
Speaker 3: Here's a bixt one.
Speaker 1: Here's another one where a couple more of these are we going to move on? Where are you from? What do you love about it?
Speaker 13: Hyia, Samanda and I am from Stacy, Minnesota, technically Oxford Township. I'm just south of Vice Annie and between Highway sixty five and thirty five, so I have easy access everywhere and what I love about my town is there's absolutely nothing. I'm just away from all the noise. It's peaceful, it's great. But I'm ten minutes away from everything that you need, like Target and Starbucks. So yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: All right, totally get that. I really like that, Like there's nothing happening in Stacy, but there's everything that you need. Okay, very cool. I think, you know, I think it shows most of us love where we are from. Yeah, I think that it is true.
Speaker 3: Or have a love for it.
Speaker 1: Russia may quick shout out to the University of Minnesota Spirit squad, Goldie Gopher dance team, cheerleading team. They're all going to the UCA National Championship this weekend in Orlando, where the cheer team and dance are going to defend their national titles from last year. So go Gophers, row the boat sky you Ma, so good luck. Nine to one point three KDWB.
Speaker 8: Two four.
Speaker 1: Let's play a little game of whose side are you on? So there's an influencer and she is, she goes. She's a young woman, probably twenty five or so. She's attractive, not that it matters, but just so you're picturing all this and she goes into restaurants and she asks them to comp a meal in order for her to post about it on her Instagram. So she goes into a restaurant and I think it's in San Francisco, and the chef, who's like a world renowned chef, says, what, you want us to comp a meal? Well, yeah, so I can post about it. How many followers do you have?
Speaker 3: Fifteen?
Speaker 1: He said, mm, you are not famous enough for me to comp you a meal, so this is not going to happen. So she posts about this and definitely says this was horrible. It was humiliating. I felt awful looking for a free meal and I was told no, I'm not popular enough. I'm not famous enough. So she posted about it and then caused a ruckus. She's now up to two hundred and fifty thousand followers, and he got fired.
Speaker 3: Really, whose side are you on, Bailey?
Speaker 2: I'm on his side, because like, you can't just I feel like there's a you can't just walk in somewhere and say, hey, I have some social media followers.
Speaker 3: You should give me something for free.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't ask for something for free if you have one hundred million followers, Because like who's why we're not working with you. You can't come in here and demand. If I offer it to you, then you can take it. But if I'm not offering it to you, coming in here with demands.
Speaker 1: You're on the side of the chef.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, Jenny, Oh, I'm on the side of the chef for sure. You'd like literally, that's the whole wrong way to go about asking for anything. I'm not saying that influencers shouldn't maybe try to pitch themselves to companies, because I think that that is just like being business savvy. But the way that she went about doing it was stupid.
Speaker 1: So oh right, yeah, what do you think.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'll pick it a side. I think he could have comped the meal.
Speaker 5: I'm fifteen thousands like a decent number, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't think she should have went and bashed him after the fact.
Speaker 5: I think she should have just licked the wounds and went on about her day. But I'm not faulting her for trying to get a rustle on.
Speaker 1: To me, I can't figure out why so many people jumped to her defense, because to me, it's like if I walked in I got forty eight thousand, so I've got like one, two, three times what she does. And I would never go into like, you know, a Popeye's, yeah, for example, and be like, yeah, you know what, I'm influencer, Dave Ryan? Can I get a free box of chicken with this side of fries? And I will? You know whatever. I just wouldn't. I wouldn't do that because I wouldn't want him laughing at me back in the kitchen. Yeah, Dave Ryan came in. He thinks he's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Does it say like what kind of restaurant it is? It did, sure, but you don't want to give it away.
Speaker 1: No, it's not that. But I lost it on my Instagram because I accidentally hit refresh.
Speaker 2: Because if it's like a fancy restaurant, like that's gonna be. I mean, if she wants, you know, a free sorreloin steak.
Speaker 3: That's whatever.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know, one hundred and thirty bucks for a really fancy restaurant versus walking into someplace like you know, Popeyes and be like, Hi, can I get a free chicken meal?
Speaker 3: I'll post about you. Granted, do they even need the advertising?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I guess that's another question right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did they need the advertisement like we're we're the establishment.
Speaker 7: Did the person literally just walk into the restaurant or did they like at least like email them first.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look like they set it up in advance. They walked in and apparently she does this other places. But she apparently just walked in and said, yes, I'm an influencer. I want to get my meal comped and I will post about you guys. And the chef said, no, you're not famous enough. Now, had he had she had, you know, a million, then maybe it's kind of like the case somebody with a million followers says they want to advertise the Dave Ryan Show if they can come by and you know, hang out on the show for a while, I'd be like, well, yeah, sure, can.
Speaker 3: You get here at that until the end, I'd let anybody.
Speaker 1: Come by, text messages about this. The entitlement is unreal. If you're a social media influencer, then support local businesses and profit off their product. Okay, restaurant should not comp a meal for a quote influencer.
Speaker 3: I would disagree with that.
Speaker 7: I think that restaurants should camp meals for influencers that like, depending on like the level of influence you have, you shouldn't do what this person did. But I do think that there's one restaurant that I literally only know of because I saw a ton of influencers at.
Speaker 1: It Ismark Donald's doesn't count though. I mean seriously, I even know.
Speaker 7: That the Big Mac existed until I saw these influencers.
Speaker 1: You got to get out of Wisconsin, understand, all right? That is you can't make this stuff up. Brought to you buy the Leo Agency. Do you know the reason for the firing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm again.
Speaker 1: The page scroll bib was on my Instagram. I think they said that you humiliated this woman and she made our restaurant look bad because you know, she didn't get her way, so she threw a little baby temper tantrum and went online and used the power of her social media to bash this restaurant, and they didn't like it. That's this story that Instagram told me. Yeah, there could be more to the story. Yeah, all right, it is just minutes away from Dave's Dirt. We'll cover that for you in a few seconds. Got some stuff we got to cover. Tate McRae first on katiewb interesting conversation about an influencer who demanded a meal or I don't know if she demanded, but you know, when somebody asked for something they don't get it and then they complained, that's kind of like a demand. So she went into a high end restaurant and she's an influencer and she only had fifteen thousand followers, which is great, but it's not you know, two million likes some people do. So the chef says, no, you're not famous enough. I'm not going to comp you a free meal. So she blasted the restaurant on Instagram, talked about how she was abused, talk about how she was humiliated, blah blah blah, and then the chef got fired. She gained She's now up to two hundred and fifty thousand followers. So we're like, whose side are you on? And almost without exception, everybody's on the side of the chef, and and the chef, not the restaurant, prot the restaurant fire the chef. We have somebody on the phone here. We're going to give you a fake name, Fred, and you know, like influencers and things, and what was your story, Fred about this influencer? What happened.
Speaker 10: So basically, my girlfriend works at a pretty common restaurant here in Minnesota, and they had gotten an email like a week beforehand, and it was an influencer reaching out and said, Hey, I'd like to come to your restaurant and you know, get a good meal and this and that, and I'll do a post for you guys if you cant my meal. And so they said yes, which they're a big enough restaurant. I'm not sure exactly why they felt like this was something they needed to do, but they did. And she ended up bringing I think it was like nine people.
Speaker 1: I would come by myself, yeah, okay, nine people, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 10: So that was surprising in itself. Comes with a bunch of people and you know, racks up a bill over two hundred dollars easily. And it's a small a restaurants. I mean, it's a big restaurant, but everything's cheap. To get a two hundred dollars bill, you're really eating, kay. And so then everything gets said and done, and my girlfriend actually was the one that waited on them and they did not leave a single tip.
Speaker 1: Oh god, wow did they did? They make the post fred on the Instagram as promised.
Speaker 10: You know, I didn't follow up. She didn't have a name for me exactly, and we didn't really care that much about it. But I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't, because it's just one of those things that a lot of these restaurants they feel the obligation to nowadays because of exactly what happened to that chef. They if they don't comply, they don't do what these people say, they get blasted on the internet and you get all these people that are going to backlash against that company, and it's just a hard situation to be in.
Speaker 1: That sucks. I mean seriously, Uh, if you are like a mega restaurant, and what is a mega restaurant here in town? What is it like?
Speaker 3: You mean like a Kissy one or like a Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Wild Wings, like a like a like a Manny's, Morton's or Spoon and State Butcher and the boar butcher and butcher in the board. And well, if you're a big I think then you can say we're gonna say no because we could have influencers in here five times a week asking for a comp meal. We don't need you. And then if I bash the butcher and the boar. Nobody's gonna believe me. They're gonna be like I've been there a million times, I hear great things about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I guess I understand where he's coming from though, Like, well, you don't want you don't want to risk get so it's like the fear of something happening.
Speaker 3: So it's like, well, I guess I have to comp This person's confused because I fail. Yeah, well right.
Speaker 7: But also just because I do social media collaborations and there is always a contract that is like provided with those, I don't sign up for something if a contract isn't like made, because then I might provide all of the social media and work and then they.
Speaker 3: Might not pay me.
Speaker 7: Right, So like it should be the same for a business, like don't let influencers come in unless you have them sign a contract and set the requirements. But I also understand that a lot of these businesses probably don't have a social media person, so they don't understand how that works.
Speaker 1: Right, And a lot of them don't have the budget to advertise, so they maybe think it's a good idea. That'st one. We're going to move on to other things.
Speaker 3: Hello Angela, Hello, guys.
Speaker 14: I was talking about my nephew who I'm really close to. His girlfriend is an influencer. That's her job. She's got over. She got like three hundred and forty two thousand followers on TikTok white if you on Instagram as well, not as many Asa and TikTok, but that's your job. She gets paid to do that. She holds into restaurants and does reviews. She does a lot of like sponsorships with clothing, lots of make up, lots of merch and I tell a bot, she shares it with us, which is nice. But I can't imagine her ever going into a restaurant, And actually I know she does not go in and ask for anything free. Her and my nephew go out to dinner. If they do a review, they have paid for their dinner. I think that is a strange expectation that anything should be free, and she would never expect that because she's an awesome person, and I think it would be weird to blast someone, Nor would she ever blast someone if they dinder or anything free. It's just a character thing for me.
Speaker 1: I think it is a character thing. I think some people, you know, if you look at it. It's kind of like any little dose of fame. Some people handle fame like it's no big deal. Yeah, And it's the same with radio people. It's the same with musicians. It's the same with you know, like TV, movie actors, whatever. Some of them are like totally down to earth, and some of them get this air about them where I'm gonna guess, you know, we all think we want to be famous. So if you're an Instagram influencer and you've got forty nine thousand followers and you think you're famous, maybe you grow a little bit of an.
Speaker 3: Attitude, right and ego for sure.
Speaker 1: Because you know people that are very minorly famous in community theater, yes, yeah, and they act like that. They're you know, the Leonardo exactly.
Speaker 3: And they'll walk in and be like, yes, I own this place.
Speaker 2: Now you don't have some perspective, so yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for all the comments on that. That was very interesting. Let's do the dirt on Katie w B.
Speaker 9: Seventy two percent of the following gossip is made up by Dave.
Speaker 3: It's Dave's dirt on kat w B.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift is pregnant. See I made that up. I made that up. Just now. I will say that Mattel has added on autistic Barbie doll devoted to diversity and inclusion. She's part of the diversity campaign that they launched a few years ago, and let's dig in and see what's up.
Speaker 3: If they just been or field relatable.
Speaker 15: I myself carry around a toy bag and fidget spinners are one of the many toys I have in there.
Speaker 3: I did approve her dress. It has firs and news dresses makes her feel comforted. But one of these you got headphones, don't you.
Speaker 15: The I gaze is a little indirect because as people with autism often struggle with eye contact.
Speaker 9: I was looking at a Barbie and it makes me feel really amazing.
Speaker 3: I'm proud seeing her play with it all. It gives me a sense of peace.
Speaker 7: Recently divorced Jessica Simpson is being asked to be the next bachelorette. However, she recently told the paparazzi that she has literally no interest in that.
Speaker 3: She says, I have options. I'm good.
Speaker 7: I don't care about that, which is not surprising to me because I even though you could say Jessica Simpson's what like a seedless celebrity at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some time she was an a.
Speaker 7: She doesn't need to go on the bacherette to find male suitors at this point, not at all.
Speaker 2: The Fate of Aphelia is the first Taylor Swift track ever to spend ten weeks at number one, But our guy what's his name, Morgan Wallen has already surpassed her again with the album that was number one on Billboard charts all of last year.
Speaker 3: He's like, hey, did you like that spot? Great?
Speaker 2: I'm coming back for it. So that, dude, I don't know what's up with that album? Must have like a it's got something in it.
Speaker 3: Speed. There must be speed, so it's addicting. Mary J.
Speaker 5: Blige said that she's getting ready to do her first ever residency in Vegas.
Speaker 7: I'm here to announce my first ever Las Vegas residence.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, MGM to be live. That's gonna be Yeah, that's and that's major for me. Yeah. She I saw her perform at the X I think earlier last year. It was okay.
Speaker 5: I think she's just getting older now, so she's like, I don't have to do as much.
Speaker 7: Because she doesn't really, I mean, obviously she's not dancing.
Speaker 3: She tries to, that's her whole thing. But she just like kind of struts on stage in her boots.
Speaker 1: And it's not gonna be like sixty years old or so by now.
Speaker 3: I've been getting there all right.
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers also getting older, and he's leaving the game last night they lost, by the way, they lost to the Yadam Houston Texans. So I'm gonna say thirty one to six. As he's leaving, you can kind of hear a fan yelling retire. It's forty two years old. I mean, he's Aaron Rodgers. He still got it. He just didn't really have it last time.
Speaker 3: I would say he's starting to not have it.
Speaker 7: No, you've got all these like twenty two year old quarterbacks coming into the league.
Speaker 1: It's true. Here's what he says about retiring. Man, here he is about retiring.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm not going to make any emotional decisions. Disappointed, you know, obviously, I'm such a fun year. You know, a lot of adversity, but a lot of a lot of fun. Been a great year, you know over all my life in the last last year. And this is you know, a really good part of that. Coming here and being part of this team. So it's just pointing to be sitting here with season over.
Speaker 7: His press interviews are just so so.
Speaker 1: He's so burnout, he's so jaded. He's been doing these press interviews forever. He's tired of it. He probably looks forward to retiring, yeh, but he's just not quite there yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Rihanna and Asabra Rocky welcome their daughter in September of last year, and now it's questionable if she's pregnant again. And this is where speculation is really coming in, as she responded to a Love Island contestant saying, I'm trying to decide about getting hot and sexy or getting pregnant in twenty twenty six, to which Rihanna applied, Wait so I'm not crazy then, bet so. I don't know if she's saying like she's trying to make that decision too, or if she might already be pregnant and she's like, Wow, I guess I'm gonna do that. I have friends do that where they just had a kid and they're kind of wanting to have another one like quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're like, but I don't want to have a hot girl summer, like.
Speaker 2: I don't really want to beg what about huh. Jenny Lewis is an indie singer and she did something that it reminds me of maybe Jenny could be doing this. She married her dog a birthday, probably in a bestiality, but maybe not that. She just like for her fiftieth birthday party, she did like this bit. She's like, oh, this will be a good bet. I'm gonna marry my dog. His name is Bobby Rhubarb. So she dresses up at her birthday party and like a very like vintage looking wedding gown and her dog's on his little leash sitting next to her, and she's like, yeah, for my fiftieth I got married to my dog.
Speaker 5: Oh I love my dog. I do, But I don't know who it was. In celebrity we talked about a couple months ago who their dog pats. So they sent some DNA thing to have a dog their dog reincarnated.
Speaker 3: And I think that's very bizarre. Whoa very strange?
Speaker 1: Hey? That is Dave's dirt on k d wb com