Speaker 1: It's Vonn The Dave Bryan Show on one oh one point three kd W B. Wooh.
Speaker 2: It was a cold weekend. It was an awful weekend. It was a weird weekend. Woke up Saturday morning to the awful news about this guy Alex and and and the first thing that hit me was again again here in Minneapolis, again, are you serious? And then I kind of absorbed the news for the day, and then yesterday I just kind of was not on social media because every time I would go on it was just like awful and depressing. So we spent or at least I spent the day trying to figure out what to do on the show today, because usually when something horrible happens, we say, okay, you know, let's you know, acknowledge things, but kind of continue to do like our regular, you know, moderately entertaining show. And yesterday I thought that doesn't really feel right. I think I talked with everybody on the show, and he agreed. I mean, we usually come up with things, we send each other ideas, and then Jenny brought up I think whatever he was feeling. It was like, you know, she put down a couple of ideas and then said, what what do you say.
Speaker 3: I said, it doesn't feel right to even talk about doing funny bits.
Speaker 4: It just doesn't feel right.
Speaker 2: So we you know, I mean, the final decision, I guess is kind of mine with the with the you know, the guidance of management, and we decided that, you know, it's just not It's probably one of the first times in the history of the show where we've decided that doing the regular wacky, goofy fun ass is just not the right vibe. But then at the same time, we feel a responsibility for people who come to this show for a connection, companionship and that type of thing. So we're really kind of torn. We will mention things through the show, and we'll never mention it the same way twice. So at the beginning of the show, at six oh five or so, we talked about all of our feelings and how awful everything is. And I just got an email from Brittany was a licensed therapist, So here's somebody one who knows, and she has some advice for you. She says things for taking the time and making space to acknowledge all that's going on. I've been feeling helpless and fearful, so I shared a resource over the weekend called the Safe Space Experience. It guides you through mentally creating a safe space to access when needed, especially in those times it feels like nowhere is safe. I wanted to pass along and to all of you, and I guarantee you're not alone in that feeling. And so she talks about this, say, if you google search, I think safe Space exercise, and if it doesn't work for you, then let me know and I'll try to send you the link. I hope this gives you for a sense of relief, even if it's for a small moment. And remember two things can be true at the same time. While things are so incredibly scary and unsettling right now, we also need and benefit from moments of good and hope right now. Because I mentioned one of the first things out of my mouth this morning was I believe there is hope. I believe there is hope that things will get better, because I've always believed, ever since that experience ten years ago at boy Scout Camp, no hill goes up forever, so maybe this hill will stop going up. She says, Dave, you demonstrated that beautifully this morning by acknowledging what's going on while also integrating lighthearted topics on your show. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you all provide moments of good and joy in a safe space to people who listen to the show. People also need pleasant constance right now, which you guessed it. You are that outlet for many. Thank you for all that you do, especially in hard times. And this is from Brittany, who is a licensed therapist and grief therapist. So Brittany, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Rita, thank you.
Speaker 3: We should send maybe we can post that link on intil Yeah, because I think you're on that email too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we can do that so we can post on.
Speaker 4: Our story so everyone can have access to that link.
Speaker 6: Can I Also we did have a text message told on that said, I think people are feeling helpless because they don't know what they personally can do. Might be a good idea for people to either text in with mutual aid groups or et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 5: Especially with how many of.
Speaker 6: Us are saying staying off social media, A lot of folks just don't know what's out there, and so I just like did a quick Google search on it.
Speaker 5: Honestly, and like miniapp. Let's see what did I google?
Speaker 6: I literally looked up Minneapolis mutual Aid and there's like a link tree that has organizations on frontlines, food relief, neighborhood, church based mutual aid, school based mutual aid, rent relief, additional whatever things, lots of things like a million links on here.
Speaker 5: And all I did was google Minneapolis mutual Aid. Just googled it and it was right there.
Speaker 2: Thanks for doing that. So we're kind of feeling our way through the morning, and I think that, you know, my experience tells me and my great maturity tells me that, you know, we all need, you know, we got to shut out the darkness sometimes and do something a little bit more fun. But at the same time, it's kind of like you don't bring a party horn to a funeral, you know what I mean. Oh, there's a good analogy, right to look a shirt. Yeah, don't bring a party horn to a funeral. That just came off the top of my head.
Speaker 4: Done that is that?
Speaker 2: Why? That's how I know?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And how did it go?
Speaker 2: Well? The hat was what put it over? The pointy hat with a fringe.
Speaker 6: You brought one of those like tall Princess one pointy hats. You were like, you couldn't even get through the door. It was really embarrassing. It's better than his propeller hackers. He wore that for that other funeral and it was like, and I hated being his date at both of them.
Speaker 2: That's the only place I take you as a date? Is it a funeral?
Speaker 5: Hold on, I got to put on my hat. I'm like, Dave, not again, What did I just say?
Speaker 2: You can't have a You can't have.
Speaker 4: A a party horn to a funeral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But at the same time, in all seriousness, you go to a funeral and somebody gets up to speak about the dearly departed, and somebody tells a funny story and then you all kind of laugh.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, So even though it is the dark, dark, dark time, I think I might tear up a little bit, you can still throw in a little bit of lightheartedness. You kind of have to, you know, But you can't bring Did you write that down?
Speaker 7: I keep forgetting it. That's why he wants you to write it down. Bring a party horn to a funeral.
Speaker 2: Don't bring a funeral to a party? Now, what opposite?
Speaker 4: You're getting it mixed up?
Speaker 2: Now, don't pull.
Speaker 4: On audio so we can just play it back every time he wants.
Speaker 5: To do it. Don't bring a funeral director to a birthday party.
Speaker 2: That's what I said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 2: God, what did I say, Bailey.
Speaker 5: I wasn't listening. Okay, sign up for a free trial at audible dot com.
Speaker 4: Joke can make you grown the loudest.
Speaker 2: The Dave Bryant Show on kd w B if you just turn the radio on. We've been talking about the things that went on this weekend and acknowledging, you know, the horrible nest of everything that has happened and the horribleness of the way a lot of people feel, and at the same time trying to find the right groove to do the show today. And we haven't got some feedback this time. This is an email from Kathleen. She says, thanks for being on today. I'm getting ready for my professional job and you are as integral to my morning as my shower is. Keep on keeping on with love, Kathleen. I don't think that we would have wanted to take the day off, you know, I'm not sure if maybe people expected us to not be here. This one says, Hello, It's Laura I listened to the Dave Ryan Show a lot. You guys are great. My brother in law is a sergeant up in Minneapolis for Ramsey County, Minnesota. With what's going on in Minneapolis lately, I am very afraid. Like Dave said, though, we need hope, so hope for a better tomorrow and we all respect and we all respect and be kind to one another. Okay, I like that me too. All right, So how much of the show do we continue to do? Like we're not doing any games today. There's no giveaways, there's no thousand dollars keyword to text in because it just it just feels weird. So you know, you bought it. It's it's kind of like, you know, you have to acknowledge things that are going on. You want to acknowledge things that are going on, some way small, some ways larger. So there's no you know, like tickets for the RV Show. There's no tickets for you. I know, I'm sorry, Rah, And there's no tickets for this. There are tickets for that. But we're still doing a couple of little things here. Let's see what's on Vaunt's mind today. As vont stirs the pot.
Speaker 7: You know, you should go to jail the person that made stuff crust pizza. It's not well, just stuff crust, period. Stuff crust is not good. I want pepperoni, I want the tomato sauce. I want the cheese on the stuff crust, and I'm not getting or I just want it on the whole pizza.
Speaker 6: Are you do you believe that stuffed crust you only get the crust.
Speaker 5: No, there's cheese in it zone. No, it's just cheese in it. But like I want the want everything in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh you want more than just cheese.
Speaker 7: I just think I was never a crust person, period, So I think whoever decided to make stuffed crust was like, oh, we'll give them one better than just straight up crust.
Speaker 5: It's still not good.
Speaker 6: So so you're saying that you want all crust to be a cal zone on.
Speaker 5: The end of a pizza.
Speaker 2: It's called the calzone.
Speaker 7: I just want the whole pizza to be covered in whatever toppings. I asked for the tomato, sauce, to cheese, and then I'm a pepperoni and sausage guy.
Speaker 6: Do you remember David or Jenny in like the nineties when I felt like stuffed crust was like released and they pushed really hard, and everyone's like stuffed crust, cheese, stuffed that's like how it said.
Speaker 2: I remember that specifically, but I remember the advent of stuff crust and what a development that was.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do.
Speaker 6: Remember the advent of it because I feel like that was yesterday, stuffed crust cheese stuff.
Speaker 5: But I agree it's not great.
Speaker 2: I mean, no, it's overrated. I think for sure. There's like a little bit too much cheese, a little bit too much dough in there. That's why I think that's tough. Crust is still an option, but it's kind of fallen by the wayside.
Speaker 6: I do I have in my old age as an adult person, because I don't want to waste anything on a pizza. I will start to eat the crust, but I don't save it until the end. What you have to do is take a smaller bite of the pizza part and then a giant bite of the crust part. So then when you get down to the last bite, you have pizza and crust.
Speaker 5: One bite.
Speaker 4: I just dip it all in ranch, just dip.
Speaker 5: Give it flavor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you know, I don't ever dip your pizza ranch.
Speaker 2: Occasionally, but not every time. Oh I use and like you know, you can't go to Europe every time on vacation. You save that for something special. But I get you.
Speaker 3: I mean, usually not like the regular pizza that's got enough flavor. But then when you get to the crust and it's just bread and it's dry, dip it in some ranch and you'll enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of people are texting.
Speaker 7: There's one text that says, it's the only time I've ever disagreed with Vonn. You know that's a that's a lot when you're talking about me.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: Somebody say, I respect that Yvant isn't starting the pot. He's just insane.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not. Crust is just man.
Speaker 7: Now, if they put some pepperoni, if they put some bacon bites into a crust, now we might be talking.
Speaker 2: It depends on the crust. I think. If it's a nice, soft, chewy crust, when you get to it, it's a break from the rich variety of the pizza. You get to the the chewy, soft crust. But if it's like you know, burnt and crusty, probably just regular pizza crust is bad. But if we're talking like pizza hut where it's like kind of doey but still has a little bit of flavor in that that what is.
Speaker 7: Like a regano or whatever seasoning. We could have a conversation maybe you know that, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: It could be, but just like, is it like garlic, just garlic.
Speaker 7: I don't know, but regular pizza crust boo boo, gross, disgusted, it's just so dry.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you for sharn the pot. We need you.
Speaker 1: It's one at one point three kd W. B Ryan Show one on one point three kd WB.
Speaker 2: In the midst of all the horrible things that have happened this weekend in Minnesota, we definitely struggled to figure out what to do on the show today, and according to your feedback, we're, you know, getting about as close as we're going to get, I think, with you know, acknowledging what's going on at the same time giving you a little I don't know, diversion, is that the right word, diversion version from the things that are going on. One of the biggest diversions was the football over the weekend the Broncos lost. It was the sloppiest game and the sloppiest weather. Did you see any of a chance?
Speaker 4: Yes, they didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't really care about football this weekend, to be honest, but I got Packers in there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did look up at the scores when I knew the games were done, just to be curious who was going to be in the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: But that was it. The outfit, that's what.
Speaker 2: You are, silly the.
Speaker 4: Fun color.
Speaker 2: Speaking about fits, this is a big development. Bailey is wearing her boyfriend's hoodie. Yeah. Well we looked at it and I looked at it and it's like, a it's.
Speaker 4: Super big on super very size.
Speaker 5: I was like, that's not I'm so tiny. No, it's just it's it's too big on him as well.
Speaker 2: So do you leave it at the house?
Speaker 6: She left it and I said you left this and he said oh man.
Speaker 5: And I was like, so you made it to that stage of the relationship.
Speaker 4: Does he know you're wearing it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I sent him a picture and I was like, hello, come take it off me.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: He didn't say that, no, because I wasn't wearing it.
Speaker 2: All smell like your Britney spears perfume.
Speaker 5: Though, Yeah, curious Brin.
Speaker 2: Was the it smelled like a box of Whitman's.
Speaker 4: Chocolate crazy.
Speaker 5: Musk. No, I mean it smells like smells like business.
Speaker 3: Why is he putting those on a sweatshirt?
Speaker 2: And well it is big?
Speaker 5: Well it just almost like I don't know, it smells much fabric. Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 2: Did you wear it in hopes of us asking you if you're wearing your boyfriend's sweatshirt?
Speaker 6: And wore it just because it was sitting on my bed right where I would look at it.
Speaker 5: So I was like, I'll just put that on.
Speaker 2: He was in your bedroom, he will know.
Speaker 5: He left this at my home. And then I took it with me.
Speaker 6: I took it with me to bed because I was like, this is comfort, and so I slept next to it, and then a Teddy bear and my stuffed Kermit the Frog and my cat.
Speaker 5: We were all cuddling. Turn it off, Turn it off. How dare you have said it? I did not? Dare you?
Speaker 6: I am a respectable woman. I demand respect.
Speaker 5: It's your boyfriend. Go crazy, girl. Know this kid's been in your bedroom? Probably not.
Speaker 4: Well now she does, No.
Speaker 5: He has it his sweatshirt has he has never? I actually you elude me having sexual.
Speaker 6: Actually salt right at the door frame, so he can't enter a vampires and I say you are not allowed Garlic. I say you are not allowed in here, You are not invited, and then he can't come in.
Speaker 2: Is this the kind of show that you hoped for this morning?
Speaker 5: A cuter outfit? The Patriots are the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're silly. What's going on the phone right now? Okay, so I'll cover a little bit of dirt here. So this was one of the things on Friday night, just so compelling. I saw this on the Netflix preview screen for a couple of weeks called Skyscraper, and then I realized, what is about? Is this kid who has done this climbing El Capitan with no ropes, harnesses, petons, whatever, just free solo And that means just exactly what it is. You're you don't have any hands and feet and like a chalk bag. And so he's climbing this giant building. It one time was the tallest building in the world in Taiwan.
Speaker 4: It's one hundred and one stories.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And so he climbed not just to the top, but to the tippy top where there's like a steeple a spire and then a ball on the very top. How big is the ball, I'd say it's about the size of a truck tire, but in a ball shape. And he climbed up on top of it, stood on it in twenty five mile an hour wind, and it was just the most incredible different thing that I've ever seen. Here's a clip of this guy, Alex Hanauld on top of the spire.
Speaker 3: He's done it, Alex Hold, have made history again.
Speaker 1: Sick, just connected.
Speaker 9: So I can't hear anybody, but Ellen, how gonna say that?
Speaker 6: You guys can hear me.
Speaker 5: I can still see you, and I'm so psyched here. It seems very wind the Alex. You have done it. You've done it. You've made history.
Speaker 4: This is something you've imagined your entire life, and now.
Speaker 5: You're standing in it.
Speaker 4: What feelings are coming up, Alex.
Speaker 5: He can hear them.
Speaker 2: What was really weird was as he's climbing this building, it's mostly made out of glass. Okay, so there are people inside just feet away from him, waving and taken videos and taking selfies over their shoulder with him in the background, And I thought, man, how distracting With.
Speaker 3: That, I think distracting, but I think it probably was exciting for him to be able to see people. Well, this is one thing that we had talked about, is Netflix or whoever probably told those people, like, you could not bang on the glass, which I'm sure it's very thick glass anyways, but I'm assuming you couldn't bang on the bus. But also since like time wise, they were probably like twelve hours ahead of us, yep, those people probably work in that building, and they probably were told like, if you're not in the building by like five am, you're not allowed in the building. You know what I mean, right, So like they probably had to get in there real orly, which I would Oh, I would be in that building and a heartbeat yes.
Speaker 5: For the novelty.
Speaker 3: I think I would have wanted to if I was able to be on one of the like upper floors. But one thing I want to say about like the people in the building is he would wave and like get all excited at the people waving at him. When he got to the level that his wife was on, he barely acknowledged her. No, just way just like waving at all of his fans. But his wife is like not the main person he should be like looking for. Like that was what was so interesting to me. Like, I feel like Dave's mentioned this before, but he does seem like he could maybe be on the spectrum a little bit. So maybe he doesn't show love the way that like a lot of people might think love should be shown. But at the end, too, he's like taking pictures and she's like, okay, you should get some more pictures whatever, and he never took a picture with her, and I'm like that, get over here.
Speaker 7: And I saw when he like reeted his wife and she was like, you did it, blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: That was a little not odd. It was just like that'd.
Speaker 2: Be a bit more affectionate. But on the way up, No, let him focus totally, let him focus. I think it's probably easier for him than we think. It was. Although horrifying because did you see that one part when he was up on the rings near the very top and he only held on with his legs. He braced himself by sticking his legs between a couple of little crevices and he leaned back with his arms up in the air, and the whole crowd was like.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, you couldn't catch me doing that.
Speaker 3: They also showed a little bit of him like preparing for this in the sense of like working out. And he's like way more ripped now than he was by totally solo, like so ripped by how longer? Who was that he did free solo in twenty seventy.
Speaker 2: It was gonna say, it's been a while, ten years, Yeah, yeah, yeah, wow, But he's got the next story.
Speaker 3: He's got the next one, because we've been only talking about this guy for like ten minutes.
Speaker 6: Well, I did look this up, and I will I'm happy to report that the Seahawks do have a cuter outfit.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: But I feel like the Seahawks and the Patriots. Aren't they always in the Super Bowl? Like, isn't always those two?
Speaker 2: No? No, the Patriots have been in the Super Bowl way too many times. I'm very bored with the pai. I don't dislike the Patriots, I'm just bored with them. I don't care about them. Yeah, same with the Seahawks and the Rams. I don't care the Broncos. I used to care about the Chiefs because they had never won the Super Bowl. I think they won the first one. No, they lost to Green Bay in the first Super Bowl thirty five to ten. I believe they'd never won, so it was fun to see the Chiefs win for a while. But there's nothing more boring than a dynasty, right, And the Patriots have won seven or so Super Bowls. I don't care. There's no fun in watching them win another one.
Speaker 6: Okay, So then I'm rooting for the Seahawks, mostly because they have lime in their little outfits and I think lime is a cute color. Moving on, speaking of lime colored things, Kermit the Frog is a Muppet and The Muppet Show is coming back.
Speaker 5: It's you. You're my idol, You're sweet. Come on, I grew up watching you.
Speaker 4: My parents grew up watching.
Speaker 5: You, their parents grow so.
Speaker 6: Sabrita Carpenter is the guest star on The New Muppet Show, which is premiering on February fourth on Disney Plus and ABC. And I will say one other thing that's premiering that I am honestly looking forward to the most is this Thursday.
Speaker 5: Bridgerton season four.
Speaker 6: It does yes, and it's Benedict's season and I can't wait because honestly, Bridgerton is a is a hole I like to fall into.
Speaker 5: Every new season. So oh, I'm excitedn't wait, Dave, have you started watching His and Hers on Netflix yet?
Speaker 2: I'm not, but I've been told that I need to.
Speaker 5: You need to.
Speaker 7: I've been talking about it for weeks, but I finally finished it yesterday. The plot twist is so good and if you don't know what it is, it's like number one or two on Netflix. It's like a thriller murder mystery. Somebody got murdered and it's uh, there are strange spouses, but it's a journalist and a detective trying to solve the case.
Speaker 2: It's a series, right, yeah, it's like six episodes. Okay, gotch episode? Like an hour limited series. Okay, I like that. And that is gonna do it for the dirt on kd WB again. If you just turn the radio on, maybe you're like, well, why haven't they talked about all the horrible things that have gone on? We have and we will continue to do so because we realize not everybody listens to the show from beginning to end. You should, but not everybody does. So we'll talk more about that coming up, and we'll do a little fun thing name that tune. If you guys are ready for it. We'll do that next on KDWB. Thank you for being here on KDWB during a difficult I wonder if it's gonna be a difficult week. I'm not really sure when to kind of get things back to normal.
Speaker 6: I don't even think we should like think about, oh, how will you get back to normal?
Speaker 2: Well, it's a matter of like do you do War of the Roses this week? Or you know, do you you know, I mean kind of what do you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I don't think there's an answer. I think that we are all.
Speaker 7: Taking it day by day, getting people in other ways than you know, most people.
Speaker 5: It's just it, That's all I can say. Really, you know, we don't have the answers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't have the answers. I don't know that anybody does. But we're trying our best. And thank you for trusting us to maybe not get it right, but to try our best. And I think that's, you know, the most you can do. What is the what is the best we can do? We can do our best, our best. Okay, guys, ready to have some fun. Okay, and don't try to have too much fun now? Oh okay, what did I say? Earlier that was so clever, said, don't bring a party, don't bring funeral. Yeah, you can't bring a party horn to a funeral.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you could dress nice.
Speaker 2: You dress nice, though you should. None of us did, though.
Speaker 5: Well, I like Jenny sweater. Jenny looks cute.
Speaker 3: I'm in only sweats because I am still in immense pain from everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So you know a lot of people I went to my great grandma passed the way last year her funeral, and everybody dressed up like they thought they was going to be on a because next top model. And there's something about funerals. Maybe it's the first time people go to church other than Christmas and Easter that people are like, all right, I gotta pop off with the sparkly shiny shoes and the belts and man, I'm sure my grandma would have loved it.
Speaker 2: What did you wear?
Speaker 7: I just wore all black because I was just like, I don't know, I thought that's just what you wear. Yeah, and I was kind of people were stunting. I'm not gonna lie. They were really stunted to bring party horn.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: No, I bought a funeral director to a birthday party though, Okay, yeah, yeah, okay, right, party, All.
Speaker 2: Right, let's play the game here. It is named that tune. It's a totally different theme today, you guys, so pay attention. Today's name that tune. Isn't about naming the tune. Instead, I'll play the tune. You name the product that it's about. Yes, it's a round of name that jingle. A special rule because these are all pretty easy. All bids must be two seconds or under.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, you go first.
Speaker 2: All right, how's your spelling? You might need it to get to the meat of the matter.
Speaker 6: Oh all that, David, Yeah, I do believe I can name that tune in one second?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 5: I do believe I can name that tune in one second? Bailey, name that tune?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, that is Oscar Meyer Wieners b A B O L O G n A.
Speaker 5: My baloney have the wesnight.
Speaker 6: It's my baloney had a second name and a Y E R.
Speaker 2: I love doing it every day.
Speaker 5: If you love me.
Speaker 6: Love could Baskubayer have the wayless the ology?
Speaker 2: By the way That's is now a successful entrepreneur, artist and tech professional. He has co founded the dream Builders company focusing on web app design, software and e commerce, and he is still connected to his roots as the Oscar Meyer. They brought back the jingle in twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Four, so lets see.
Speaker 6: Playing only one second of it is kind of annoying because you hear him going more instead of like starting.
Speaker 2: To say true, it's true, and it's.
Speaker 5: That wouldn't got it.
Speaker 2: He's trying to come into the right time. Okay, today's name that tune. Isn't about naming the tune. Instead, I'll play the tune you named the product. It's about it's named that jingle. All bids must be under two seconds, two seconds or under vaunt You're up next. Are you ready? Don't think so hard on this one that you'll get a tummy ache. Don't think so hard on this one that it'll give you a tummy ache.
Speaker 7: Vant These are tough and it can only be either two or one second.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna go. I think I can name that tune in two seconds. Well you goob, I said one second? Really name that tune?
Speaker 1: Blop blop?
Speaker 5: This is oh what I releaf? It is? That is pectobismal. No, no, I thought that, but I was like, I don't think that. Now I get the point. Yeah, you get the point. But now I hold on.
Speaker 6: I know what it is though tombs No, No, it's alka seltzer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, day is to release.
Speaker 8: It ISoP blop biz to release.
Speaker 6: It is both speedy bubbles, relieve your upset stomach and hit it fast for answers.
Speaker 7: Indigestion alert ac celts are gold. Oh what a relief it is?
Speaker 5: What a relief?
Speaker 7: And part of that it sounds like Gary Coleman in different strokes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe a little bit, yeah, little worry.
Speaker 5: Neither of us were alive when that came out.
Speaker 2: I wasn't even life. That was from the nineteen fifties everything. So yeah, but they did a more modern version of it too. Okay, here we go with the next one. Name that commercial jingle. Grow up and name this jingle Bailey, grow up and name this jingle.
Speaker 6: Okay, uh, I can name that tune in two seconds.
Speaker 5: I can name that tune in one second. Name that tune. I want to go up. It just repeated with Dave said, grow up and name this jingle. Grow up and name this jingle.
Speaker 7: Grow up and name this Aha, it's toys r us, grow up.
Speaker 8: Grow up, take them a magic nursery newborn to find out if it's a girl, boy or twin can Congratulations, it's a magic nursery newborn from the town, just nineteen ninety nine toys R.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the score? Now?
Speaker 5: It is to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go with the next one. Maybe you think you need a break, well, if you ask nice enough, maybe you'll get one. Maybe you think you need a break, well, if you ask nice enough, maybe you'll get one. Vaunt what they did.
Speaker 5: I think I'm confident this round. I think I can name that tune in one second. I also said one, So that tune.
Speaker 9: What going solely based off of the clue, because the Dave's clue, Because that didn't help it all?
Speaker 2: Kick cat, yes, sir.
Speaker 5: Yourself. God won't be there to that job.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 5: The Day's club everywhere away.
Speaker 2: Okay, once again, today's name that tune is not about naming the tune. Instead, I'll play a tune you name the product. It is about name that jingle, and we're going back to Bailey Bailey Ready, sure, clue, I can ensure you that everyone knows this five word jingle. I can ensure you that everyone knows this five word jingle.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, I think I can name that tune in two second.
Speaker 7: Games, I think I can name that tune in one second.
Speaker 5: All right, by name the tune Nation.
Speaker 2: Lighties good luck thought. It is a tough one. Think about it. Don't rush your answer and.
Speaker 6: Let me think real quick. Mm hmm a phone or front option. Well does he have to say the company or what they're selling? Like what you said, I believe the company? Yeah, okay, could really use your help if you could text in the nationwide.
Speaker 5: Yes, Nation Lighties on your side. Yeah, but what are they selling? What?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 5: What are they selling? Do you know insurance? Okay, it's just thought. You were genuinely asking it's extra. You know what I was over the weekend. I was saying, it's so crazy how commercials have evolved. Like back in the day, they used.
Speaker 7: To be like, don't you just hate it when you're trying to cook dinner and the phone falls into the soup. Now there's a cordless phone. But now commercials are just they're like narratives, you know, like a good neighbors, a state farm is there, and then if the.
Speaker 2: Whole skit it's so crazy, totally true. Okay, next one, there are no words in this jingle, but you know every word of it. Vont you are bidding first? There are no words in this jingle, but you know every word of it. You remember because it's super easy today to hear it and know it. All of your bids must be two seconds or under.
Speaker 5: Redy j has Yeah. I think I could name that tune in one second.
Speaker 6: Okay, well I also said one so go ahead, vont name that tune.
Speaker 5: Tis McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Yes, love it. It's funny. The whole jingle was pretty much played in one second. The entire jingle is one point six seconds long. Tell me that's not just timberly agree, I think it is.
Speaker 5: It is. Yeah, oh that's common knowledge. I did not know that loving it. I did not know justin Timberlake.
Speaker 2: I think he wrote I think.
Speaker 5: He wrote it. Yeah, that's probably why he's got so much money money.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine you wrote that. It's like there's bad uh bah, I'm loving it. That's eight syllable. Yeah, he probably didn't even come up with I'm loving it. He probably did blah blah blah blah, and the.
Speaker 7: Guy that worked for McDonald's like, I'm loving it, and they said.
Speaker 2: To record that. Okay, here we go next one, name that commercial jingle. This is a little tougher because it is old.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: This one goes all the way back to nineteen seventy one, before anyone alive today was even born. Anybody born before nineteen seventy one, they're dead by now, every one of them. Yeah, yeah, I read it to you again. This one goes all the way back to nineteen seventy one, before anyone alive today was even born. But you still might know this one. This is your bid first.
Speaker 6: Bailey, Well, I would like a point, So I'm gonna say I can name that tune in one second, barely, I name that tune.
Speaker 5: I'd like to buy the Oh h.
Speaker 3: No, world?
Speaker 5: Is it coke?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 5: What coc coca cola?
Speaker 2: Is she right?
Speaker 6: Yes, to buy the world a home and furnish it with alone. GRoWES honey, so light turtler.
Speaker 5: I like to teach the world to say thing with me.
Speaker 2: It goes on for another thirty seconds. Back when commercials would have a jingle that went on for more than just one point six seconds. Lo, it was actually a hit song on the radio.
Speaker 6: I think, really, I mean, it sounds quite so delightful. It sounds really lovely. The sentiment behind it. Yeah, I mean it just happens, so be about coke, yes, cola.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you're right. Yes, Okay, next one, last one. You're up. If you don't get this one, you deserve a little ribbon ribbing. Let's put it that way. I don't want you confuse it with a ribbon like a present, like a package, like a decorative. If you don't get this one, you deserve a little ribbing. If you don't get this one, you deserve a little ribbing.
Speaker 5: I get it, David. I think I can name that tune in two seconds. And I think I can name that tune in one second.
Speaker 2: What's the score right now?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm way behind. I think Vonn has four or five and I have two.
Speaker 2: So you say one second, one second? Baby, here you go. Wait it didn't play. Let me play it again.
Speaker 5: Here we go. Oh my baby back, baby back, baby back. I want my baby back, baby back. Chillise, baby back, Yes, Chillie, my baby back. Rip chillis baby.
Speaker 2: Back, Barbara, that's insane, baby.
Speaker 5: That's it, Chris, chillious baby. I believe you. I thought this billy baby back, baby back, baby back, and that is name.
Speaker 2: That tune looks like is the Winter?
Speaker 5: Which one? Should we play in its entire Yes, I'm kidding. I was making a joke. Can we end it with the most iconic jingle of all time?
Speaker 2: I missed it? Sure, mb, I know.
Speaker 5: Mevon Jen, you're huge fans of that one. Boozy ain't so good? Did you not see?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 3: Didn't play on any of the football games yesterday, not if I remember. Only time I've been seeing it is between football games.
Speaker 5: More time? Yeah, dumb, I know, so good.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you guys like it. It's kind of catchy. All right, let's do this. It's Taylor Swift. We're playing a little bit more music today. You can probably understand why. On Katie WB Good Morning, I just got a text message. We're going to talk about this for a little bit, because of course, you know, to not talk about it would be like really weird and very tone deaf. But we've been trying to figure out you know, I spent yesterday kind of agonizing over what to do on the show because my philosophy has always been, like, you know, if something bad happens, you know, I'm the guy that always makes a joke when somebody's like talking about like something awful, you know what I mean. Like Jimmy will be like, yeah, my car won't start and my rent is late, and my refrigerator is not what it and the toilet's leaking, and I'll be like, well, you didn't have to poop in the hallway that type of thing, you know what I mean, because that's my style, and I just I've always felt like being silly is the way through. It kind of lubricates the difficult parts of life. But then I thought, yesterday I thought, we can't really come on and be too silly, and we can't really come on and be goofy like nothing happened. But we said at the same time, we kind of have a responsibility to give you a little something to look forward to, you know, something besides doom scrolling. So I got a message. I'm not really opening Instagram because I've just as of a mid morning yesterday, I just stayed off of Instagram. But I just opened up a message. This is from Michelle. She says, you guys have handled the show so well this morning. We all have to go to work this morning and pretend nothing happened, and we appreciate you showing up to entertain us the best you could, the best we could, and that's and I'll take that because that is kind of what we're trying to do. But you really can't ignore all the things that have happened this weekend. And at the same time, we care deeply about people's you know, mental health and what they hear when they're to the radio on so I don't know, I'm doing all the talking.
Speaker 6: Well, I feel bad for was it Michelle who messaged you saying that she has to go to work and pretend that nothing happened. And that's where I think, like all of us agreed, like we can't go into work and pretend that nothing happened, because like so much happened this weekend. Obviously, like obviously bad stuff, really bad stuff happened this weekend, but like some other stuff happened this weekend too, Like a bunch happened this weekend. So like it's I think we were all just kind of yeah, on the same page, where like, well, it feels irresponsible to just, you know, fart joke, this fart joke, that kind of thing, even though I do love a fart choke, I know you do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do, I really do. But yeah, it felt irresponsible not to say anything. So I'm glad.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm glad we're here and that you can obviously text us in if you have thoughts, feelings, whatever, I have three ninety one.
Speaker 5: I'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 2: I hope the text are positive. I haven't been reading some I don't know. Yeah, not all have been reading them.
Speaker 7: But it's understandable because it's hard to be positive. It's hard to it's just hard to do, you know, life right now.
Speaker 6: I keep saying, it's hard to be a person right now in the world, very hard to be a person and like find things to experience, like find ways to experience joy. It feels like, I don't know, wrong to like laugh sometimes, but like that's why we're here, to make you feel a little bit of joy.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, let's move on. This is just a very just a very neutral but I think powerful Monday motivation, which we try to, you know, bust out every Monday to kind of, you know, just kind of make you think a little bit something totally off topic. Unfortunately, the best and only way to get what you want is by spending a lot of time doing the things you don't want to first, and I think that's true. Unfortunately, the best and only way to get what you want is by spending a lot of time doing the things you don't want to first. Do you want to be able to keep up with your kids and run around with them on the playground? That might mean we have to eat less pork, you know what I mean, eat less burgers, you know. We might want to live, you know, be able to fort a vacation. I don't know, the best and only way to get what you want is by spending a lot of time doing the things you don't want to first. So I think you have to figure out what it is you want to do and then figure out, well, what have I got to do to get what I want to do? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I kind of like that one, and I get to I think they always say that, like the journey to your goals is always like it feels like the worst part, but it's really like the best part. It's like when you hike a mountain, the journey up at you gotta like look around while you're hiking up at it. It's true, yes, and not just enjoy the peak, No.
Speaker 2: And that's true because when I piked up Pike's Peak the first time, I was like, so focused on getting up the mountain. How much farther do I have to go? Oh my gosh. And I thought when I got up there a day later, I thought, I hardly stopped at all to look at the beautiful view right, to look down and enjoy all the flowers and the meadows and the trees and all the things. Because we're so busy, we're focusing on the goal, all right. That is your motivational Monday on one A one point three k d WB