Speaker 1: More variety from the two thousands, the nineties, and today it's Star one O one three. It is Marcus. Good morning. We're back with Second Date Update again this morning. Thank you to everybody tuning in every morning. Appreciate you. Josh Is on the phone, Hello, I loved your DM where you were like, I can't believe I'm actually calling to be on Second Date Update, but here we are. I want to talk about your date with Tamra because I want to help you out.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been a little weird for me here right. I mean we met on Hinge.
Speaker 3: We met up after we exchanged some messages, and we went to dinner and Walnut Creek a couple weekends ago at this point, okay, and we had tapas, went super smooth, good food.
Speaker 2: Good wine, good energy.
Speaker 3: And she seemed really impressed by how confidently I came in. I thought everything was just one hundred percent top to bottom. Okay, especially considering a tap us, it can be very intimidating.
Speaker 1: All those small plates rolling around.
Speaker 2: Everything's in Spanish, all small plates. Honestly, not enough commitment, everything so small.
Speaker 3: You know, I thought everything went really easily. I mean, we ate absolutely everything to put in front of us, so, you know, seemed to be enjoying it, and we absolutely hit it off about our feelings on books.
Speaker 2: You know, we're very.
Speaker 1: Are you read you reader?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, a.
Speaker 3: Big reader, and I just I can't get behind screen based reading.
Speaker 2: This is very much I'm not I'm not there for the pixels, you know.
Speaker 1: Sure, were there any awkward moments that you can think of? I'm just trying to dissect why she might have ghosted?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: In fact, she went out of her way to tell me about previous bad dates that she was on, and it was like, oh, good, at least I'm.
Speaker 2: Not that guy.
Speaker 1: Sure, but she's gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't heard a thing.
Speaker 1: All right, we're going to see what she says about the date. I'd love to get you a second date, but let's the very least get some answers. All right, but let's positive thinking we're going to get you a second date. Can you hang on the line? Well, variety for the two the nineties and today it's star one, O one three. It is Marcus, good morning, we're doing second date update right now. I've been chatting with my guy Josh offline. I love this date so dinner and Walnut Creek top us and Josh, you did all the ordering?
Speaker 2: Is that? Oh yeah, okay, perfectly well.
Speaker 1: But Tamra has ghosted, so let's try to figure some things out. Go ahead and meet your phone and we will. We'll give her a shout here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi is this Tamrah?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Marcus. I do a radio show in the morning on a station called Star one O one three. I don't suppose you listen.
Speaker 4: I don't, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine. We're doing a segment on the show. It's called second Date Update, and I got floated your phone number by a guy who listens to the show who went on a date with you recently. He's feeling ghosts. I wanted to check in with you and see how the date went. It's kind of like a teachable moment. I'm trying to figure out if my guy did something wrong, or if you've just been busy, or what the deal is. Do you have a second to talk about it? Your date with a guy named Josh, Uh sure.
Speaker 2: Thank you? So?
Speaker 1: He said it went really well. He said that you told some good stories, that the food was good, that you were lovely, he'd love to go out again. Did you ghost?
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 4: I tried not to like ghost in general, I feel like that's true, not like the greatest tactics, but honestly, in this case, I just felt like I didn't want to go in for a lecture on why I wasn't making the right choice. I felt like there was sort of a lot of lecture elements of our.
Speaker 1: Okay gate can you can you elaborate on that? I'm just trying to figure out what my guy did wrong totally.
Speaker 4: I mean, he seems really nice and like Perston of all, and we had nice conversation, but honestly, the whole thing felt more like sort of a ted talk on. We went out for top us and it felt like I was I was there to like learn about It felt like a seminar on top of us rather than like getting to know you sort of date.
Speaker 1: Okay, he kind of ran the ordering and stuff. Was that not helpful?
Speaker 4: I mean he didn't really check in with me to see what I wanted. And maybe that works for some people, but like, I don't like being ordered for, especially if I don't ask for it. And whenever I suggested something, he was like, Okay, kiddo. There was a lot of kiddo throughout the date, which is sort of a red flag for me.
Speaker 1: Like he literally said that, like that's what he called you.
Speaker 4: He called me kiddo, and like maybe he thought that was sort of funny, but I thought it was pretty gross. And he explained Sangria to me. There was just sort of a lot of dicepsic of the evening, and he was like, well, you probably aren't familiar with this, even though I had told him that I had been to Spain and also just like have been alive for a number of years, so I know what angria is. Sure, So it was just a lot of condescending in that department. Otherwise really nice, but maybe he thought it was my first time out to dinner.
Speaker 1: Other than that, it was amazing.
Speaker 4: Other than that, it was amazing and I learned a lot. Actually.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, okay, here's where we are with this is part of this is Josh's actually listening right now, and awesome, right, Sorry, I'd love to bring him on. Great, Josh, are you there?
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, I think I am.
Speaker 1: We've got some answers now, so, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Hi. Okay, first of all, I thought I was taking charge here because I was just trying to save us from ordering six versions of the same croquette. I mean, I asked you about allergies, so I knew we were getting out ahead of that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but just because I don't have an allergy to something doesn't mean I want to eat it. It's not like I was with my dad's friend at a restaurant, like I needed help ordering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I feel like you need to expand your palette. I mean, that's why we're there. That's what the whole point of proper is.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: Oh, really interesting, So it was sort of like a learning moment for me. It was an enrichment exercise for me.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't see why can't be.
Speaker 3: Everything's an important opportunity for growth.
Speaker 4: But you already know the answers well.
Speaker 2: I mean when it comes to topics. Yeah, okay, fascinating.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey you guys, hang on, hang on one second, hang on, Hey, Tamera, I like you too much. I'm not gonna put you through anymore of that. I don't think he was listening at all. Right, I'm gonna I'm gonna let you go. You're amazing, Okay, Wow, all right, second date updates,