Speaker 1: Hear him at gas stations while I'm gassing up, as people start listening to him on YouTube or watching him locked on Bengals Bengals Talk dot com. When you do the Bear catch talk?
Speaker 2: What all do you do? James rakeein A.
Speaker 3: Little bit of everything, mostly Bengals, though I would say all that I try to cover the Bengals from every angle I possibly can.
Speaker 1: That's a good way to describe it. And you've been doing it for a little bit Sant Bernard's own of course, hanging out here. I appreciate you making time. This is an exciting weekend one. I don't want to call it a tune up because this Bengals team has had problems. But when you have an zero for the season, Jets team coming in, whether boom or a siasin shows or not. Ring of Honor weekend, Lamar Parrish leaping, Dave Lapham doing it well, deserved into the Ring of Honor. This Bengals team has a challenge as they look to keep rolling, and there are questions guys in, guys out, be it injuries, hendrickson playing or not playing.
Speaker 3: Right lean toward playing, but we didn't get the official either. I would still lean toward playing. I think it was it was killing him to miss last week and in this game. Yeah, it's against the winless team, but all that equity you built up and all that momentum you built up with a win over the Steelers goes out the window if you lose this week.
Speaker 4: So I would lean toward playing, But nothing confirmed yet.
Speaker 1: What is the deal with Logan Wilson. I see all this talk about him running out, now what what?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 2: Is he unhappy?
Speaker 3: He got benched ahead of the Green Bay game and is kind of entering a new role on this defense where he's the third linebacker instead of their first. And I think going into this year, and certainly coming into this season, Logan felt like and really the Bengals sort of planned on him.
Speaker 6: Being the guy.
Speaker 3: And then when you very quickly six games into the year are five games into the year rather are benched, it's it's tough tough bill to swallow. So no, I still think he views himself as a starter in this league, and that's where it comes from his trade request.
Speaker 4: Now, that doesn't mean the Bengals are planning on trading him.
Speaker 3: A trade could happen anytime, but I don't think anything's imminent. I think they would be open to it if the right deal were to come up and present it to them.
Speaker 4: But I don't think they're going to give him away. And that's why I would.
Speaker 3: Be pretty surprised if he wasn't on the field for Sunday's game against the Jets.
Speaker 1: You know, in this position where he's gone down the depth chart here, James Rapine, by the way lockdown Bengals was sterling seven hundred WLW Jets in town, a weekend ring of honor, big celebration and what hopefully is another W for the Bengals, and he's dropped down. Was thought to be the starters. He just said it has turned out not to be the guy here. What type of value does he have and where could he go to be a starter since he's just gruntled and thinks he can scratch his way up closer to being at that level again, if it's not here.
Speaker 3: I think there would be teams that would him as a starter. I think the Dallas Cowboys could certainly be one. The Indianapolis Colts, with former Bengals defensive coordinator Luisa Rumo as their defensive coordinator now could be another.
Speaker 4: So there are teams.
Speaker 3: San Francisco is another team contending team that could use some mindbacker help. I just look at it, and he's under contract through twenty twenty seven, so it's not like he's in the final year of his deal or he's got yet one more year left. He's got two years left, and that just really makes it complicated. Any team that would acquire him could move on this offseason. But there's a six million dollar dead cap hit, which not trying to get too much into the weeds, but that's a lot of money to pay someone and to eat to just get rid of them, and that's kind of what the Bengals are facing. So what I think the decision is going to be if you're Cincinnati between now and the trade deadline November fourth, is.
Speaker 4: Do you want to try to shed that contract.
Speaker 3: If so, you're probably not going to get much, but you could maybe get that contract off your books long term.
Speaker 4: And is that worth it?
Speaker 3: Or is having Logan Wilson a linebacker that you know what you're going to get on your roster, even if it's more in a reserve role.
Speaker 4: Is that more valuable?
Speaker 3: And that's what they're going to have to wrestle with and really explore between now and November fourth.
Speaker 1: Talking to James Rapine locked on Bengals, SI, he's everywhere Sterling seven hundred WLW, All right, what have I not asked?
Speaker 6: Here? Is now?
Speaker 1: Joe Flacco. Game three, the first one with a couple of days in was sort of a first half of what am I doing?
Speaker 2: Who am I playing?
Speaker 6: With?
Speaker 1: Second half that seemed to find their feet. Game two looked like they were clicking almost on all cylinders, which is an amazing thing, and it shows the talent that he has being Flacco and everything that that offense has and the way they've sort of built and allowed things to form around what he can do. We saw protection from the offensive line, We saw the defense step up.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 1: We are game three in an zero for Jets team in town. What are we looking for with growth and development with them come Sunday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that the next step This is a big step, especially with this week. They haven't scored a first quarter touchdown, a touchdown in the first quarter since Week two when Joe Burrow foun Jamar Chase for a four yard score. And so it's week eight, we're talking about the eighth game.
Speaker 4: Of the season.
Speaker 3: Now, and the Bengals are trying to do what they did in Week two, which is win their second straight game. And I think when you're facing an zero to seventeam that has a pretty good defense, they're gonna be with out a few guys, but still pretty darn good defense, a lot of talent up front. Can you jump on them early? Can you beat up on a team early that is probably already having plenty of doubts, is probably already looking in the mirror and thinking about themselves versus the team overall. That's what I think the Bengals need to do. And if they can do that, if they can score early, if they can't get a which is something they haven't done and then last week, then I think that this could be one of those games that that goes their way early and it stays that way. And so for Joe Flacco, it's just continuing what he's done over the past six quarters, but make sure you're doing it in the first quarter to get off to a really good start.
Speaker 1: Would you call us more than a tune up game, because I mean every team in the NFL, and you know they say any you know, any week right, anything can happen. But I mean, this Jets team have got problems a quarterback. There's you know a lot of issues. It was a Garrett Wilson's not going to be playing also, which you know, maybe is something for them of concern beyond what they already seem to be sure grasping for any help at all. I shouldn't make fun because I mean we've been there. No, don't make fun because it might burn you on Sunday. They're still capable.
Speaker 3: I mean I went and I watched in what twenty two at MetLife Stadium. I watched Mike White in the Jets beat the Bengals, and this was the Bengals that went to the AFC Championship game. That's right, right, So this is it's one of those one of these games where last week I described it as a must win.
Speaker 4: This one is a better win. You better win this game.
Speaker 3: The must wins are designated for seasons having wins and things like that, but this one, the pressure is on the Bengals to show that they're a good team. And I think if they are a good team, which in my eyes, the verdict is still certainly out given what they've done over the first seven weeks of the season and where they're at. So if they are a good team, they are going to handle business and get a win. But they got to show that and so no, I think that they're going to be challenged. And this is one of those where the Jets backs are against the wall. You don't know exactly who's going to be at quarterback. I think it's going to be Tyrod Taylor. You don't have Garrett Wilson to deal with, you don't have Sauce Gardner to deal with. But they stub a really good defensive front. They hall he's an elite running back, not just a good running back, an elite running back, and so they're gonna have to stop the run. I mean, there's there's things that they're going to have to do better than they've done over the past couple of weeks. If they're going to win this game, now people should expect them to do those those things. But they still got to go out and do those things and deliver and hold up there.
Speaker 6: End of the bargain.
Speaker 1: Talking to James Rapeen Lockdown Bengals Sterling seven hundred WLW one o'clock kickoffs, hun Day Ring of Honor weekend, Dave Lapham, Lamar Parrish, He's leaping Lamar getting their their nice jackets, and there's tiger stripes and that nice underbolt of that this offense for this team. We talked about it a couple of weeks ago, James the figuring out Flacco's place in that in between, giving him stuff with the running game and also that that short ball stuff rather than just always going deep. And we saw him connect big time with Chase. We saw a lot of those different elements coming together over these last two weeks. What is it that you think they're working on in the midst of this Let's assume it's a serious battle, But where do they really need the work to say, Okay, we're getting to the next level.
Speaker 3: Well, they ran the ball effectively for the first time all season last week, yep.
Speaker 4: And you saw Chase Brown get going. He had a twenty eight yard run and then he followed that.
Speaker 3: Up with a thirty seven yard run and those are both in the second quarter, and that gave the Bengals offense a real momentum.
Speaker 4: And so the beauty of being.
Speaker 3: Able to do that really takes pressure off of Joe Flacco. It takes pressure off of your passing game, They're going to throw it, and that's.
Speaker 4: Why they traded for Joe Flacco. They're gonna throw the ball. They want to throw the ball.
Speaker 3: They're a pass first team, but running the ball, and when you run it, having a few explosive runs mixed in goes a long way. So they're gonna have Dyllan Fairchild start at left guard this week, and it's the first time he started in a few weeks due to a knee injury. And so can this run game pick up where it left off and continue to move forward. I think that's a big factor. Obviously, Jamar needs the ball, and he needs the ball, and Noah Fan and Chase Brown out of the backfields a threat. But if you can get that ground game going, it one keeps your defense well rested too. It gives the defense a whole nother thing to worry about that isn't your star weapons. And it takes pressure off of a forty year old quarterback that's played really, really well. But he's Joe Flacco. He isn't Joe Burrow, and we need to remember that, I think as we move forward here, because at some point he's born to be Joe Flacco and not looked like Joe Burrow as much. And that's fine, they can win that way, but having a running game would certainly help him.
Speaker 1: Out, certainly would anything else. Before I let you go, I know, I didn't ask everything.
Speaker 3: I know enough to know, Yeah, I think this really is for me the game where we can learn a lot about the Bengals in they what they could be. And a lot of people are going to like, well, really, it's a winless team. You're at home, it should be an easy win, and it's like, well, yes, good, Like if the Bengals are a good team, I could totally see that winning by multiple scores and being in control of the game and going that route. But these are the type of games that don't look past that you're dialed in for that you start fast and so that first fifteen plays that first driver too. For Zach Taylor and Joe Flacco in this offense. Are they getting seven points? Are they getting is it ten to nothing after their first two possessions or better? That is what I'm really paying attention to as we go into Sunday's game.
Speaker 1: Well, said James Raheen, locked on Bengals, He's everywhere else as well, in kind enough to give us some time A Friday night Sterling Rango vonn Er weekend Downtown pay Corps Bengals three and four hosting an Owen seven Jacks team Joe Flacco behind center. It should be good and let's hope that they take it to the next level. Thank you, James. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. We'll catch up next week.
Speaker 4: Talk to you, sent Sterling. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Absolutely more Sterling coming back. Seven hundred WLW The.
Speaker 8: Football Bear Gass. I've said the trap Nibbert and are ready to snare a victory from the Bears. Will you see beat Baylor or get entangled in the trap? It's a big twelve conference clash. Catch the call live tomorrow at three pm on seven hundred WLW or string for free on the new and improved iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: I can't hear seven hundred WLW. How you going, Sterling? Hanging out? Cloudy Tonight's thirty six, not below freezing, but that's so close to it. Sixty Saturday, sixty one on a Sunday and warmer still middle sixties so to start the week.
Speaker 2: But it's Friday.
Speaker 1: I can't contractually I feel dirty talking about a Monday on Friday. It's right now forty nine your severe weather station seven hundred WLW, And I was talking to Alex Eigan is producing tonight about the fact that I have struggled with it other than for weddings, funerals and occasional meetings that I have to wear long pants. It's a sad, sad day. We come to the point and weather in the season where I got it. Even though I'm glad for a Bearcat football, Bengals football, Big Jets weekend in town. Uh in the ring of honor, Uh, inductees lap him uh and and of course mister Parrish uh getting their due and those nice blazers and a whole lot of love shown to them this weekend in and around Cincinnati, well deserved. I also had to get the nit hat to cover my bald head because it's chilly outside.
Speaker 2: The dog loves it, uh and uh, but I I just it's.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna fall back, and uh it's getting darker earlier and then an hour or more of that will lose next weekend. So yeah, I'm a little bitter, I'm a little angry.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And you'll get a chance to sound But we'll talk on this a bit. Obviously. I'm just wondering because some people thrive on it. Alex's parents apparently, especially as Mom loves falling back.
Speaker 2: They love it.
Speaker 1: They get that extra hour so they wake up at like two in the morning or something crazy from what he was saying, which is makes me feel like I'm slacking, which is not typical of course, or is it? And I start the thing about to springing ahead, which always I embrace and appreciate springing ahead more because well spring into reds baseball and short pants, into you know, warm weather and getting out into the garden and on the river and on the you know, maybe a boat doing some fishing, which, by the way, somebody messaged me they were externly going to talk about all those boats that were blowing up those drug vessels off the coast, like a Venezuela or wherever else. The only thing I have to say about it is is I mean, if they are legitimately drug vessels are filled with the narco, you know people they're trying to bring drugs here to Stateside and all the bad stuff that comes with that, then that's fine. We don't know, because they've been being blown up. But I would say this, if I were going to go on a fishing expedition in a boat that looks anything like the boats they've been blowing up on almost a daily basis lately, I would maybe reevaluate and take a tour inland someplace, because you know, there could be an ups and who wants the hell to be an oops of that type, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Although I think they had two survivors, all right, enough of that.
Speaker 1: Nine thirty reports straightaway, Matt Reese has the latest of what's going on in the tri State and around planet Earth that matters to us. On the other side, a paranormal researcher, the boss of Ghost Ofohio dot org, James Willis, joins us we'll get into his head about the I don't know, poultrygeist and hauntings and scary stuff. Because tis the season. That hill is in the air, Halloween is in the distance. I've already gotten my candy. Whether the kids show up or not, I know I'm going to be living right here on a Friday night at Stirling seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 10: The President sending huge firepower to pressure Venezuela.
Speaker 11: This is the nine thirty report.
Speaker 10: I'm Matt Reeves breaking now the USS Gerald R Ford heading to the Caribbean owns after an overnight strike by the US on an alleged drug boat that killed all six people aboard. Our country has struck several suspected drug boats in the Caribbean as well as the Pacific Ocean. Strikes have drawn criticism from some Democratic lawmakers as well as the presidents of Venezuela and Colombia. It's a dramatic escalation of what President Trump calls his war on drug cartels.
Speaker 12: The US has Ford Carriers strike group heading to the region. That carrier wristling with firepower including F eighteen fighter jets, missile launchers, and attack submarines, adding some five thousand American forces to the ten thousand already.
Speaker 2: In the region.
Speaker 10: Ben's ABC's Martha Radicans And now we checked the roads for you latest traffic and weather together. There is an accident to tell you about. It's on northbound seventy five. As you're coming up on Paddock, there's an accident and there's a substantial delay there northbound seventy five between the Norwood Lateral and Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway. Otherwise, no other major delays to report.
Speaker 9: Now the ladies forecast from a train heating and cooling weather center on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: In the Tri State weather heading for daybreak Saturday, it's clouding up. Morning low of thirty eight and we could see a little scattered frost our Saturday, then early sunshine and then clouds. A high of fifty seven at night, mostly cloudy in a low of forty three Sunday and early chance of a shower than mostly cloudy, a high of fifty eight. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawleig, news Radio seven hundred WL.
Speaker 10: Forty four degrees. This game day forecast built by American home Tech storm ready roofs built to last American home Tech dot Com Again Sunday, pay Corse Stadium, the Bengals and the Jets. Yeah, there is a slight chance of rain, most to cloudie. Otherwise fifty seven for the high. Speaking of weather, forecasters say Tropical store Melissa expected to intensify into a major hurricane this weekend. It's going to be slamming parts of the Caribbean could bring catastrophic flash flooding and landslides to Jamaica, Haiti, and the Dominican Republic. Industry wise shortage of semiconductors the reason the Honda plant in Marysville is beginning to pull back on production. Hondana specific on the amount of reduction in the length of it. Honda says impacted employees have the option of continuing to work, use paid time off, or take time off without pay. To Planned Parenthood affiliates challenging the Ohio Department of Medicaid from prohibiting their participation in the federal health insurance program. According to a news release, ODM sent letters to Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio and Planned parenthoods Southwest Ohio region and late last month informing them of the termination. Release said the change would prevent over twenty seven thousand people from receiving affordable care across Ohio and now. Both affiliates want an administrative hearing to challenge the state agency's decision. Day twenty five of the government's shutdown coming tomorrow. A vote on a funding bill continues to fail in the Senate.
Speaker 14: Rints and repeat. Government funding legislation goes to the Senate for the same bill that passed out of the House, and it gets three Senate Democrats to vote for it, but nowhere near the needed number of Senate Democrats to get it over the goal line, and it fails. That has happened now twelve more times, and we expect that to start happening when the Senate returns here to Washington early next week as well. There's no deal insight, there are no negotiations happening, and there aren't really any signs of negotiations that might even start.
Speaker 10: Man's ABC's j O'Brien. A half million federal workers missed the paycheck today, air traffic and drollers will start to miss them next week in the next round of payroll for US service members is the last day of the month, Halloween. With no plan on how to cover those paychecks. Wall Street, the Dow, the S and P, the NASDAK all setting records today. Down Game four to seventy two on encouraging news about inflation to forty seven thousand and two. Seven s and P five hundred added fifty three. Nasdaq rose to sixty three. World Series Game one in Toronto Tonight Dodgers leading to nothing there in the fourth inning, nine thirty five. Next News at ten Matt Reees NewsRadio seven hundred dou wl W seven.
Speaker 8: Hundred WLW Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app. Listen for all your music radio and podcast free never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: For ten years, families have trusted Kelsey Chevrolet.
Speaker 11: Now we're driving forward with a new one.
Speaker 16: On the inside.
Speaker 2: It's our grandparents.
Speaker 16: And let me tell you, beef tallow makes fries taste way better. They're more golden too. Steak and Shake has entered the Golden Age of fries. So go to your nearest Steak and Shake and try one beef tallow fries. You'll love them too much.
Speaker 1: Feels a little uncomfortable, doesn't feel the season dark early, weird stuff yards filled with pumpkins, scary.
Speaker 2: Bunsters, spider webs. I have neighbors.
Speaker 1: They have like these little teeny almost look like a duck pin bowling size of pumpkins. Not the pin, but I mean the bowling ball. For the duck pin bowling, and they're like all over. They must have gotten like a truckload of them. And they have a spider web that they have from the front of their house in the side over into some big web or whatever. My dog is desperate to get in at I'm fighting to not have to. And those are fake ghosts, but there may be weird, weird and legitimate creatures out or spirits out there.
Speaker 2: And a guy who knows he's done some investigation.
Speaker 1: He is an Ohio guy at least now after coming out of New York. And the guy behind a whole lot of books and a cool website as well, that's called ghost of Ohio dot org. James Willis, Welcome to seven hundred w welw was sterling here?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 6: I am doing well? Thank you for having me.
Speaker 11: That be Halloween early?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Is that your favorite holiday?
Speaker 5: Halloween?
Speaker 1: Since you are known affectionately by many, apparently as Weird Willis? And when did that start?
Speaker 6: By the.
Speaker 17: Weird Willis believe it or not, started when I was in elementary school, but it was by so called friends that were picking on me because I was into weird stuff, so it kind of stuck and then by some matter of fate, when I started writing for the weird Us series of books like Weird Ohio, it got picked back up again.
Speaker 6: So it's pretty much with me my whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: You and wird Harold from fat Albert, I mean a good company, that's for sure. And there's an obscure reference to Alexigan is like what fat Albert? Yeah, check it out. That was before we knew Bill Cosby was well, you know. So, So that being said, here's what I need to know, James, because I know that there are a lot of people who think that there is no such thing as ghosts or apparitions or hauntings, there's no such thing as polter geist, whatever it is. The idea of possession. I remember I got to see way earlier than I should have been allowed as a child to see the London Blair movie and the whole thing of the Exorcist, which still is unnerving to me, especially the head spinning and the bed jumping off and all the religious stuff associated with it, in the idea of Satan and so forth. So what do you tell people, as an apparent normal researcher that are doubters about the possibility of there being something in between this world and something else in another dimension or otherwise.
Speaker 17: Well, in terms of like what I would tell them, I don't really tell them anything, because over the years, I've kind of realized that a skeptic or a non believer doesn't really become a believer until they've had their own experience. And so I can talk to him blue in the face with all the stuff that you know, I've experienced and that I've seen and play videos and all that, but until they're actually they're themselves, they're not going to fully believe. So I just tell them, you know, one of these days, because it goes to.
Speaker 6: Stand that I hear from a lot of people.
Speaker 17: I give like a lot of presentations around the state and stuff, and they will I'll always get somebody that comes up to me and they'll say, you know, I don't really believe in all this stuff. I kind of got dragged here, but you know, it was interesting at all, But I don't really believe in this stuff. But there was this one time and then they tell you the craziest story. So it's like, okay, so the fact that you just said that's not real but that you have that experience that's kind of on you, so I kind of steer clear of it.
Speaker 6: It's like they're entitled to their opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yes, we all are paranormal researcher. Founder and director of the Ghost of Ohio, which a Ghost of Ohio dot org the website. James Willis was sterling on the Big One seven hundred WLW. So how did you become a paranormal researcher Because most people that I know in conversation, if you open up and to get to a point where you can say this event happened to me or at my grandma's house or whatever it was, then as you just describe people open up. But prior to that, or even after you just kind of leave it where it is, you've gone to the next level and are chasing these things for one of a better way to describe it, which seems really.
Speaker 6: Odd to me, Well, it's the thrill of the chase.
Speaker 17: And it all actually started in third grade when in the Hudson Valley, when my third grade teacher tried to convince me that the legend of Sleepy Hollow with the Headless Horse that that was a true story and used as quote unquote evidence all of the settings that you could actually visit to the bridge of those sort of things, and even the names of the characters that were buried in the Terrytown Slash Sleepy Hollow cemetery.
Speaker 6: And I was blown away.
Speaker 17: I was like, that's crazy that the ghost really does exist. And then I found out that no, it was Washington Irving when he was writing the story, just walked around Terrytown and wrote down everything that he thought was cool and incorporated it into the story, including the names from the tombstones. So because of that, I was like, okay, well that's not a true ghost story. What are the true ghost stories? So when people, you know, we get contacted all the time where they say, well, there's a you know, there's a ghost of a headless person out in this field right there, and normally I'm like, okay, well why is it out there? And so to me, yeah, that could be a spooky story, but I want to sort of like do research to find out because to me, if I can find that, yeah, a guy got his you know, head blown off by a cannonball or something like that back on this day, and I have historical documentation that to me, kind of supports.
Speaker 6: That in maybe there is something weird going on out there.
Speaker 1: Talking to James Willis, a guy behind the ghost of Ohio dot Org on the Big One seven hundred WLW. So are there legit possessions of structures is land? And I mean, how does this occur? You know, people have talked about seeing the headless horseman, for instance, and there's no shortage of those. I mean the rare covered bridge in and around Ohio. I remember as a kid in and around Preble County talk of some of that, though I never saw it, but they would tell us. They also let us go out with a paper bag and a flashlight the woods behind the field and look for snipe, which do not exist, but we did not know. So I don't know how much is legit and how much is not when it comes to this stuff.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean I think in terms of like ghosts, a lot of what's currently out there, including on like reality television, it's not real and a lot of the backstories don't exist. It's because kind of like when you said, when they were like, yeah, go out hunting for this thing, and they didn't really exist. So a lot of those sort of urban legends spring up because we all like to get scared, and we all like the idea that if we go out in the woods there could be something that's going to get us. So the vast majority of stories, including I think you mentioned like the covered bridge, I know exactly the bridge you're talking about that's now officially a.
Speaker 6: Cry baby bridge. So there's a lot of.
Speaker 17: How much time you got it's the idea of a cry baby bridge is it's a local story, but it's actually sort of nationwide, and it is an urban legend where people have said that basically, you've got a young wife, mother, and she's got a baby, and she's up on the bridge. If you don't have a bridge, make it an overpass or train trestle, and then something happens to cause the baby to fall off the bridge.
Speaker 6: It's thrown, it's dropped, what have you.
Speaker 17: And according to legend, if you go out to this bridge and you do something.
Speaker 6: Usually it's splash of lights three times.
Speaker 17: Or honk your horn three times, or jump up it down real high twelve times, or something ridiculous like that that you'll hear the baby crying. I first heard that when I was in New York and there was just one. When I moved to Georgia. There were supposedly six. When I first started writing Weird Ohio and focused on those, there were thirteen in Ohio alone. I've since started the Ohio cry Baby Bridge Project on my website to try to document all of these stories, and I think I'm up to thirty five of them.
Speaker 6: But it but again, I'm looking. And the part that I really.
Speaker 17: Like doing is I go out and I talk to people and they send me in their stories of what allegedly happened on the bridge. But then I go into the research to try to figure out I'm still looking for that one bridge in the entire United States where a baby fell off or was thrown off, and I haven't found that. So yeah, that's that's the That's a short version of the cribby Baby, cry Baby, cry Baby Bridge legend. But to answer your question about how you know how much of it is true, I tend to find that what we're contacted to go into people's homes and in some cases they're businesses, there is something there. Now as to what makes it stay there, I'm not really sure. I'm of the belief that a ghost, whatever they you know, whatever it is it's nothing more than a form of energy. And you know, I base that on the idea that we're all forms of energy, you know, and you can't destroy the energy. You can change its form, but you can't get rid of it. So okay, after we pass, where does our energy go?
Speaker 6: So I'm kind of.
Speaker 17: The belief that that might be what we collectively say is a ghost. Now, the whole idea of you can hear ghosts talking and picking you up and throwing you downstairs and all that stuff, I have no idea how that works, and it's very very rare that I actually even encounter that.
Speaker 1: So have you encountered Have you ever encountered like bleeding walls or flies or you know that odd thing where a cold comes into a room, or that type of thing where you hear about a possession in a house like it was the film was the entity, which allegedly was supposed to be about something legit, where something that was possessing or in the home or still there sparedly right with somehow molesting or causing harm to people in the house, including a woman.
Speaker 17: So I've never encountered anything that extreme. And I willingly tell people that if I walked into a house and the wall started bleeding and something told me to get out.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean exactly why do people not I never understood that. I'm serious.
Speaker 17: I'm with you, Yeah, I'm not. I don't mess around with that because at that point, I'm like, if it has the.
Speaker 6: Power to do that, what's it going to do to me?
Speaker 17: So I don't even when I do investigations, I don't challenge the ghost to do something, because one, I think that's kind of rude, but I'm like, well, what if it does do something, you know, how am I gonna stop it?
Speaker 6: So I've I've come.
Speaker 17: There's been numerous times where I've gone into locations and yes, I've felt like coal breezes. There was one particular case where the temperature in one spot at the end of a hallway dropped about thirty degrees in thirty seconds, and we were able to track it moving down the hallway towards us, even though we couldn't see anything, and when it got close to me, specifically, all of our electrical the cameras and stuff failed and then I just felt a cold breeze go past me and go down the stairs.
Speaker 6: That's a little weird. We know that it's not. We've had instances where we use.
Speaker 17: Infrared thermometers to try to detect changes, and basically it's a glorified like laser site type of thing. But we've had the beams stop in mid air, which usually needs something kind of dense, at least dense enough that you could see it.
Speaker 6: But it's just hanging in mid air, and if you move the.
Speaker 17: Beam to the left or to the right, for example, the beam would then shoot out and hit the back of the wall because the beam just goes until it hits something solid or And I can't explain that that there's something that has enough mass or density to stop a laser, but I.
Speaker 6: Can't see it.
Speaker 17: So I've had instances like that, and for me, that's what's exciting. It's like, that doesn't that doesn't fit, That shouldn't.
Speaker 6: Be doing that.
Speaker 17: But no, I'm kind of like with you, if anything really weird to the level of flies, you know, being attacked by that, or no, I'm out.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I think carcass rotting in a wall or in the flu from the fireplace, a bird got stuck and it's decaying, brings the flies.
Speaker 2: But if it's the bleeding walls, all this other stuff. It crosses a line.
Speaker 1: James Willis, by the way, a guy behind the book that came out a couple of years ago Legends in Lawre series, which is the Southern Ohio Legends and lore. So explain if you can, James Willis, what in our part of the world is more haunted or known to be where people can visit or find out more about it besides the book. I'm just saying in Jenner because you always hear these stories like Lucasville Penitentiary, you know what a saying, asilunce mental health facilities, those type of things, and I rarely hear it like Spring Grove Cemetery or something like that. You don't hear people necessarily talk about where I would think they'd be hanging out, which is where the dead bodies are kept generally, which is the cemetery.
Speaker 6: I would counter that with. So if let's just say that.
Speaker 17: You know, Heaven forbid, but we were to pass away this evening and we were allowed to come back, I don't think you're going to be hanging around a cemetery.
Speaker 2: That's probably true to.
Speaker 6: Freak people out.
Speaker 17: So you know, I tend to think that unless I can find evidence to substantiate, which I have found over the years. I have found that, unfortunately, there have been several murders that took place in Ohio cemeteries that to me would be like, Okay, I could see why a ghost might hang around there because it was their last moments on earth. But to me, places like morgues, you know, and cemeteries, you're kind of gone by that point in time. So unless you have a morbid fascination like I do.
Speaker 2: And you go there now be hanging around them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I've taken tour like coroner's office in those type of things, the morgue, et cetera. And it's a little unnerving, but I mean, I think it's an interesting process. James Willis, by the way, founder director ghost of Ohio dot Org, author I mentioned a bunch of these weird Ohio, weird Indiana, et cetera. All these other things were short on time, and we maybe do another segment in the future on this. So you mentioned the idea of being killed or so a bad death, a bad way to die, a tragic and more likely where ghost or their their spirits may be lingering where they they're trying to do what before they can move on, or they're sticking around to make other people's lives hell or what.
Speaker 6: I kind of like all of those.
Speaker 17: But no, my research is actually fine, and again it's just sort of my opinion on it. But I think that any time there is a violent or a sudden change in the energy if you will, that you know, be it a murder or a car crash or something, that that energy is going to linger there for whatever reason. I've done a lot of cases where right after a car crash that we ended up, the people started reported seeing a ghost standing by the side of the road where the crash was. Over time, that faded away to the point where it was probably about three years ago, there are no reports of that ghost being there. So again going back to the idea that it's a form of energy, so maybe it is there for a short period of time and then it just sort of gets absorbed into something else. But to answer your question, ANSW, I found places like battlefields and car accidents or murders and those sort of places, any place where you've got the final moments, I think that energy, in my opinion, seems to linger there for whatever gotcha.
Speaker 1: So this is way interesting to me, and I have some relatives and some friends who is even the discussion of this or talk of this in general. They run from it. They say that it's somehow not appropriate, that the spirit world in some fashion is bad. And what do you say to someone who has that type of view before we let you balance? Because I find that to be interesting too. As much as like the Ouiji board, I don't want anything to do with the Wigi board, right, does it just creek me out?
Speaker 17: It's very It kind of works both at the beginning of an investigation and like the end in that I always want to find out what their beliefs are, be it mainly religious beliefs, but also spiritual beliefs, because to your point, a lot of people say, that's not a ghost, that's something disguised as a ghost, because it's going to try to do bad things. That if that was a good person, it's gone where it needs to be. It shouldn't be hanging around here, so don't interact with it. That's necromancy. But the flip side of that is a lot of people will have us come out to their home and they'll say, we think there is something here, can you get rid of it? And I put it back on them because I'm like.
Speaker 6: Well, what are your beliefs?
Speaker 17: Because I can give you a whole bunch of different people you can talk to that will be able to potentially get rid.
Speaker 6: Of it, but you kind of have to have faith for that to work.
Speaker 17: You know, it would make no sense if I send somebody in who didn't have faith in that actually working.
Speaker 6: So it's I just kind of respect people's you know what they are.
Speaker 17: I mean a lot of it comes from the fact that when people say, oh, you look for ghosts, they immediately go to the yellers and screamers on the TV and YouTube and stuff, and they get a really distorted impression of me. Yea, And I'm like, it's not like that at all. But you know, it's fine. You're entitled to your opinion.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate you taking time. I hope you'll come back and we can talk a little bit more. Get some other people involved in the conversation as well. Love it fantastic again. It's James Willis. He's the guy behind ghost of Ohio dot Org, Weird Ohio, Weird Indiana, on and on it goes thank you for making time. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. And I guess this is the season for what you do in many ways, so take care of yourself.
Speaker 6: It is it isn't good.
Speaker 17: Thank you very much, Take care of hieen.
Speaker 1: Have you Halloween ten o'clock report coming up, but we'll talk on Lance In a huge award for him tonight, plus Kevin Carr talking movies, and a whole lot more on alex Igan. I'm so sorry we're so late. Bearkats in action tomorrow, Bengals on Sunday. Home of both right here Sterling seven hundred W WELLW Cincinnati likes the goods, Hiks.
Speaker 18: For sure, Eddie here for Loan Pronto. Are you trapped in a high rate mortgage?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 18: Look stop right now. At Loan Pronto. They are delivering the lowest mortgage rates in the store.
Speaker 1: Whatever else, they've had Halloween stuff up since basically July fourth. It seems like Christmas is also there in somewhere. Thanksgiving is tucked in as well. Because we have a lot to be grateful for a lot of ground to cover this fine Friday night, and I am grateful and thankful for Kevin Carr fat guys at the movies. He's the sober gecko on substack sober Gecko dot substack dot com. I think your way to find him there. Welcome back to seven hundred Wluw Kevin, How are you? How is everything?
Speaker 6: Everything's good?
Speaker 7: And I want to let you know when you do go in the hardware store, the chainsaws are there year round. They're not just Halloween decoration.
Speaker 2: It's very true, it is.
Speaker 1: I remember the first time going to a hundred houses, a tiny sterling and somebody had the you know, the chainsaw there without obviously the chain thankfully, and I remember about crapping my pants at that point.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Can at some point it doesn't become quite it's not as scary unless you think somebody didn't handle their business right.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but still it's.
Speaker 7: Loud, and if you're not expecting it coming up, it's you know, it's like it's like cocking a shotgun. It's this sound that, even though it's not a natural sound, we are ingrained to be afraid of it.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Jesse James Duprees made a living of cutting up like barstools all over the country, and his ban jackal all over the place, and and that's all done in fun and in tune, which who would have known you could use a chainsaw that way. Before we get to chainsaw stuff, I want to talk. I know there's Halloween stuff, and we want to get into some of the genre stuff and because there's different types and people can think about this and then maybe we'll turn it into a driver conversation of like monsters, this possession. There's a variety of themes for scary type movies, which I think sort of fits topic wise. But you saw the Bosses movie, or at least a movie about the boss Spruce Springsteen, which is it does it deliver Me?
Speaker 2: Deliver Me from No.
Speaker 7: Deliver Me from Nowhere? Which is I believe based on it's a book. It's a based on a book about them. The movie is called Springsteen Deliver Me from Nowhere, just because otherwise the name doesn't quite it's not like the name of one of his songs or you know something that's like super well known, and maybe it isn't. I don't know his full catalog, but you know, it's.
Speaker 6: It's it is.
Speaker 7: It's not necessarily a full bio pick too, it's it's sometimes they do these ones that like sort of capture a time in his life, and it's when he was recording Nebraska, his nineteen eighty two acoustic album, right before he did Born in the USA, which came I think like two years later, and that of course put him into global stardom. A song that is always miss construed by politicians and people running county affairs and that sort of thing because it is not a patriotic anthem. It's actually sort of a lamenting of the treatment of the Vietnam vets and also sort of just just sort of the crumbling American dream in the eighties at the time. So that's what that song's about.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 7: It just has a very patriotic sounding chorus, but it's not even really about that, although he do do a nice recreation of them recording it, so that's you know that they have to do that sort of a needle drop. But really it's about Springsteen. I wouldn't say early in his career he was known, but he wasn't the mega superstar that he became Afterborn Born in the USA, And it's about him sort of dealing with what some of his problems are, coming to terms with things that happened in his childhood with his family and trying to get his life on the right path. In the fact, he also struggled with depression, and so that's addressed as well, but it's more of that snapshot for that eight or ten months where he was developing the album.
Speaker 2: Well, that's an inside looking a different way. And I know he just did a tour.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's still out there doing it or not, where he was sort of doing the story thing, which I think they made into a film too, right.
Speaker 7: He did that way, I think, so, yeah, yeah, he had he had. I don't know if he if he finished touring.
Speaker 6: I mean, you never know.
Speaker 7: With some of these artists, they're like, I'm going to do another farewell tour. But I mean he's heavily promoting this now, so so that's what he's sort of focused on. And Jeremy Allen White from The Bear, Yeah, plays him as as a younger man. Also not a comedy this movie, which some would argue The Bear isn't either.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's it's always put in a comedy category, but a lot of people say, well, it's not really a comedy anyways. He's good at it. He does smolder a bit too much. You know, he kind of over you know, they say to chew the scenery. He kind of smolders the scenery and a lot of his things. He's kind of posing as as a Springsing, but he doesn't find job acting. It's not perfect. It has some some valleys along.
Speaker 5: With the hills.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you're a huge Springsing fan, you're gonna love like the recreation of some of the songs and performances and sort of the deep cut into the background of what inspired him into Nebraska and how he developed it and sort of what he had to go through.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: So it's it's it's really more made for the fan of Springsteen. It's not a perfect biopick, but you know, it's it's it's it's a well done movie. It certainly had some really good performances.
Speaker 1: Talking to Kevin Carr, he's from Silver Gucko on Substack, Fat guys at the movies about this new biopic sort of, I guess is what you call it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, Uh this is Springsteen delivered me from nowhere. So here's what I'm curious about. As far as the performances are concerned. Does this band play of actors or is it the Springsteen music with the actors acting like they're playing, Because I mean, you got like Brian Chase playing Max Weinberg, who's a great plug obviously, the drummer Steve van Zant, who Steve van Dants been tremendous and uh an actor on his own right, but obviously can't play being a young man anymore because he's not. Uh tell tell me and and let us know what we're looking at here.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I don't know whether they're playing the actual instruments or if they're just doing it for the for the or if they had the original people play it, or if they had professional musicians play it and then they just pantomime it to go in there. I'm pretty I mean, Jeremy Allen White certainly sings yeahs as Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm actually I'll bet you there's a movie like this. They always have like behind the scenes stuff, so you can certainly check YouTube for that. But it's a lot less about his band. It's a lot less about the musician. In fact, a lot of them don't even have lines. It's more about him dealing with the record. I guess sort of. His manager is played by Jeremy Strong, who does a really good job in the movie as well, and that really he's more sort of like the focal point of Springsteen's support.
Speaker 1: System Dodgers John Landah, I remember correctly. I'm just I'm always interested when the sort of look back on all this, Mark Marin's in it. Who I mean, that guy's great from doing stand up and what an acting career that guy has turned out to have.
Speaker 19: Seriously, Yeah, well he's of those things.
Speaker 7: When you say Mark Maron, most people think of his podcast and maybe if you're from if you remember the nineties, he did like he did stand up specials and he did I think he had a TV show on Comedy Central way back in the day where he interviewed other comics that might have been Paul Provenza.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: They just kind of stick in my mind there. But when you think about it, Oh, yeah, he's been in a bunch of stuff in you know, because he was in he was in the.
Speaker 19: Wrestling show Glow with a Glow or whatever it was. Yeah, yeah, with Alison Brie and uhh, yeah, there's two big reasons I like her.
Speaker 7: But there's He's done a lot of things. And what's so funny about him is when when you see him finally he plays the recording engineer and he's there and he doesn't have a line for like two or three scenes, and then he starts talking at one point because you know it's about that. But I'm like, is that.
Speaker 6: Is that Mark Maron?
Speaker 7: Or is that's what? He just looks like Mark Maren because they haven't given him.
Speaker 6: A line yet.
Speaker 1: The background guy, Jenny I having, of course, big record executive, has been around forever in a day and worked with everybody, it seems like. And he plays himself in this movie, which everybody else is somebody else, but he plays that's kind of wild too. So I'm looking forward to seeing this. Is it worth seeing or not?
Speaker 7: Well? I mean, certainly you certainly have some deep cuts into the background of the recording session. I mean, there are different types of people. You know, there's the casual fan. There's the people who listened to Bruce Springsteen but couldn't tell you anybody who's in his band or who played on this stuff. But then there's I mean, and you have a much higher level of knowledge of who is who behind the scenes. So it's definitely gonna, I think, resonate for you guys. It will still resonate for the people who don't know any better. But for somebody who does know that inside baseball behind it, you know, like you, I would suggest.
Speaker 2: You go see it down the car by the way.
Speaker 1: Silver Gecko on SUBSTACKA was stirling on the Big One talking about the Springsteen movie. You know what's interesting is as a kid, I heard Springsteen a lot, and I got annoyed with it and tired of it and hated him because he was everywhere and I was annoyed, and I was at at that point as an adolescent where I wanted my own stuff, to find my own music and turn over the rocks and find stuff. Then later on I've become a little bit more familiar and more enjoying I guess his creativity and the story, songs and all the stuff behind it. So, I mean, but early on, if somebody, if I'd been like sixteen years old and somebody said, yeah, there's this new Springsteen movie, I would have told him where to go, and it wouldn't have been anywhere nice, I promise.
Speaker 7: Well, it's funny because you like Bruce Springsteen is such a you hear him, and you hear it's Bruce Springsteen immediately, they hear a unique sound and a unique voice, and he has that real blue collar, heavy, you know, rissing tones that are going on in his music, and you could there are fans and people who are fans, and then there I think there are people who you only listen to so much and then you're like, Okay, I kind of have to move on and do something else, like reading too many Stephen King books in a row, and you'll be like, Okay, I kind of need a break from, you know, and I want to want.
Speaker 2: Something mindless exactly.
Speaker 7: It's something that's kind of heavy.
Speaker 2: And you know what's bewildering. We talked about this for years.
Speaker 1: I still think in a lot of ways, Stephen King is popular and successful and as much bank as that guy has made, uh is somehow underrated for what he's done over the year. It is spectacular, It really is well.
Speaker 7: And what's so funny with Stephen King, you know, when now we're moving away from you know, movies into books and recording industry. In the books is every author, every artist fails at becoming what they want to be, and Stephen King is a great example of that. He I don't think he ever wanted this career for himself in the early days. Most writers believe they are literary and they want to be the next uh, you know, they want to be a remembered name. They don't want to be what he has always described as his stuff as as the the literary equivalent of a big mac is with Stephen King would say, and he's like, oh, I just kind of crap out these horror stories. And he really wanted to be somebody you want to be Jeffrey Archer and not Stephen King. And he one of his favorite authors was John D. McDonald, who's kind of tough to read. It's very hard boy of detective type of stuff, and he's so much breezier and easier to read than McDonald's work. So I think it's I find it interesting that there's always somebody when you find something that made that that puts you on the map and that you're known for, there's always that artist inside the artist trying to resent that. We you know, Arthur Conan Doyle hated Charlock Coombs, trying to kill him off.
Speaker 6: A couple of times.
Speaker 2: So did the characters too, which I guess he created. Yeah, so it makes sense my management of time.
Speaker 1: By the way, Marvel's the great Marvin Lewis, who is now doing play by play I think for NFL on radio and stuff, the former Bengals coach. Because I wanted to talk a little bit about horror movie genre being a Halloween season next Friday Halloween. There's phobias, there's monsters, there's slasher films, and we're gonna take some calls on the other side. But in about a minute to two minutes time, Kevin Carr, tell me what you think are the best type of genres or you know where people go because it changes and there's a variety of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, and the thing is, it depends on what you're wanting from a horror movie. You know, if you just want to have fun, I like the the good old classic classic monsters, you know, the ones that that are more fun, fairy tale type things, Dracula, Frankenstein, that sort of stuff. You know, the heavy duty real life true crime and stuff like The Strangers that that that is a little unpleasant to me. It's a lot of a lot of what you see as a kid, but I like to have fun with my horror. I like to be entertained, and it's more like a roller coaster ride than you know, a trip to the dentist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I totally get that.
Speaker 1: Immediately as soon as you said it, I winced and could almost in my head hear the sentence, which I can replicate, thankfully.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 1: I've talked about the phobia stuff a little bit in the psychological things where it gets in in the plausible where it could possibly happen.
Speaker 2: H So you know that's always the stuff too that goes with it.
Speaker 4: Ahead.
Speaker 7: I always gonna absolute favorite genre subgenre is people in a lab trying to do something to help humanity and having go horribly awry. Do that on a spaceship even better?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I like that, And then when they bring stuff back from space that then causes problems with then just goes back to Stephen King and creep Show with the green stuff in the original. Yeah, he's Kevin Carr. You can read him. He'll show up in your mailbox. He does comics with Blockheads, Silver Gecko dot Substack dot com. Thank you very much for making time and enjoy the rest of your weekend. All right, thank you, take care of yourself your ten thirty reports. Straight away. We'll talk horror movies. A whole lot of other ground to cover, including eating magnets. Magnets, not maggots, but well both would be somewhat troubling now that I think about it.
Speaker 2: It's sterling coming back here. Seven hundred double LW.
Speaker 9: Listening to a woman shop in the produce section isn't funny?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: A sail on cucumbers.
Speaker 11: Listening to a woman poot next to the Granny.
Speaker 2: Smiths ooops is funny.
Speaker 11: Eddie and Rocky are also funny.
Speaker 9: So when you think of an apple farter oops, think of Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 2: Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 11: Monday afternoon at.
Speaker 20: Three on seven hundred WL DOW. At Genesis Diamonds, we pay our people, not you. Our trusted advisors are not paid on commission. We don't have to sell you something. We don't have to push you into a certain direction. We want to sit beside you and guide you to exactly what you want. Genesis Vice president David Cooper says this non commission policy means the people at Genesis are able to prioritize your needs, your satisfaction, not their own financial game.
Speaker 21: It's not about how much you spent. The experience is exactly the same, so everyone's more relaxed. You won't ever feel pressure to buy, and our advisors never feel pressure to sell, and they're free to be more transparent, take more time with you, give you honest guidance, and focus on the long term. We pull back the shades and bring our customers in to sit beside us so they make not just the purchase that they're comfortable with, but a purchase they're excited about.
Speaker 11: Being a non commission.
Speaker 4: Trusted advisor at Genesis.
Speaker 21: Means our goal is to give you the ring that is a reflection of exactly what you're trying to say.
Speaker 20: Genesis Diamonds, where the goal is not to make a sale, it's to build a lifetime of trust.
Speaker 22: On Montgomery Road at Queen City, Ford, buying or selling your car is easy, shop, trade and sign from home, or just sells your vehicle for top dollar. We'll even pick it up. Your experience begins at Ford queencity dot com. That's Ford queencity dot com.
Speaker 6: Behind on mortgage payments, facing.
Speaker 23: Maybe a bit porky, and you may even have type two diabetes. A million dollars of term insurance may only cost you about two hundred bucks a month.
Speaker 11: Called term Provider.
Speaker 23: Speak with Big Lou at eight hundred eighty five nine thirty two twenty. Big Lou will find a term life follow for you, even if you have Type two diabetes or overweight or at high blood pressure. Term Provider has helped thousands of people like you who think they can't afford term life insurance to buy a million dollars of affordable term life for you. All you need to do is called Big Lou at eight hundred eighty five nine thirty two twenty. Lou will make sure the scales are tipped in your favor. Call eight hundred eighty five nine thirty two twenty. Big Lou will answer your call and work to fit you into a term life policy that you can afford. Remember, Big Lou's like you. He's on meds too. Call eight hundred eight five nine thirty two twenty or Big Lou dot com.
Speaker 1: So for twenty bucks or two hundred dollars two thousand, I don't know how you value it. Would you be willing to call up some cash to get a piece of American history the White House East Wing and rubble torn down pile a debris looks like any other construction destruction site where a building's been raised for something new to rise from the ground. And they call it a red and gray scripe, a mess, whatever.
Speaker 2: You want to call it. Here's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: Would you buy a piece of American history in the little bit of that East Wing? I don't know how it could be corroborated, how it could be authenticated. Maybe the money could go to help pay down national debt or feed the Hungary or something along those lines. Give you a chance to sound off on that, because I was thinking about it. That's a big pile of trash. And I can remember being a young sterling. By the way, how you doing it's sterling hanging out Alex Egan producing Travis Laird with eleven o'clock report about twenty one minutes away from right now, an update on what else is going on around the tri State. And I flashed back to being a kid when the Berlin Wall fell. And if you are of a certain age, you know this. And if you're not, you may have a grandparent or a parent, or maybe an older sibling or maybe you're a collector. There was a period of time I can recall they were selling what was supposed to be pieces of the Berlin Wall.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure where the money was going.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that it was. And this was my question even then, how the hell do you know? How can you prove that that was a piece of the Berlin Wall? The same way how could you know if it were in fact a piece of what was the east wing of the White House. A lot of people are very upset about it. They don't like the idea of the super sized ballroom. We've heard all the complaints to go with and I'm just wondering where your head is on this five three, seven, four, nine, eight hundred, the big one. You can talk back on the iHeartRadio app. I know that my grandmother used to have like commemorative coins, and she had like these plates. I don't know when you cross the line and what age it is where people are in fact wanting to embrace these type of things as they reminisce or things that matter them. You can get presidential plates, I mean all these type of different things. People buy them. Sometimes they think it's an investment, right. I don't even talk about like currents or whatever else, old silver certificates or commemorative coins with the president's head on it, different than what would be if you went down to like the UDF and wanted to buy an ice cream or a frozen yogurt or whatever, and you've dropped out some cash or change on your hand that way, and if that somebody spending those commemorative coins that way, then they're dump. But that being said five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred, the big one. If you're on the iHeartRadio app, you can talk back by clicking on that microphone leave a message there. I'm also on x or Twitter, whatever you want to call it at Stirling Radio. I mean, I don't know if you pick a dollar amount of choice, if it were to go to charity or food bank in the midst of what is some food insecurity prime time right now with more and more people including military families and so forth, looking to go to food banks, maybe they sell some of that demolished East Wing to raise funds to help put food on the table or food in food banks, or the SNAP program or one of these other things to be able to help feed some children or feed people in need, and at the same time give you something that you can have in your mantle or you could have in some type of box on the wall, to say, that's a piece of American history, that's the East Wing. And not only do you have that great thing as a memento that you maybe want to pass down to other generations, it's also something that can help benefit to people by way of putting food on their plate or raising money for some other type of good cause. I don't think that's necessarily a far shot from what could be done. I mean, what else are they going to do with that? Do they have a plan for all of this, of all the stuff, I've heard people upset that they think it was a butchery and it wasn't approved in the historical society and everything else that goes along with it.
Speaker 2: That's a big pile of rubble.
Speaker 1: I would imagine there'd be a whole lot of people willing to get a piece of that history. I would imagine a whole lot of people would be happy to do that. I other than the you know, the whole odd idea of authenticity and knowing that it wasn't that in somebody you know who gathered up some garbage from a demo site and decided to go online and sell it themselves as if it were a secondary market thing. I mean, people buy knockoffs all the time. You you know, you hear people, oh they got they got a Gucci bag, or they got whatever it is that they happen to be into, and they go, well, it looks a lot like it.
Speaker 2: It's close enough.
Speaker 1: You hear a you know, Cincinnati CVG, you hear the Port of Cincinnati, and you hear all these places inbound from Canada or elsewhere or elsewhere, or you hear when they you know, they've somehow calme across a cargo container that was filled with knockoff shoes or clothes or pick a thing, even you know, memorabilia from say like the Bengals or you know a Major League baseball whatever else. Uh, that's knockoff because there's a market for people who want to get their hands on it, and they don't necessarily care whether it's legit, or maybe they're a sucker and they get duped. I mean, if you're going to call up some serious hard earned cash, you might want to know exactly what you're getting. But I mean, I think maybe that's something that the government should do. It is the people's house. It is we the people's house. Americans already paid for it, So why not get a piece of that history. I mean, it's been finished, it's knocked down. They're waiting at this point, you know, to see the upgrade in that ninety thousand square foot ballroom that will sooner than.
Speaker 2: Later be there.
Speaker 1: That part of the house was built in nineteen oh two, during Teddy Roserbilt's time in office. It was completed in the forties. It took some time. In a blink of an eye, down it went. So I mean, I think this is that's monumental. I think that's something that a lot of Look, my late great uncle Milan had a ton of like old seven up bottles, and I think he might have had some hw to pull beer cans, as well as some others that were commemorating like Bengals wins and games and Ohio State football games and wins and a lot of other stuff. So, I mean, what's the difference between that and a broken brick or a piece of a floorboard or something along those lines. I would say that maybe this has more intrinsic value. My uncle loved that stuff. I remember going down to his basement as a kid looking at all of it. I wasn't supposed to touch it. I remember also listening to like old Red Fox records that were supposed to be off limits, but the stereo was there and knew how to put the needle on the record. And Red Fox, by the way, was not the same Red Fox at that point that you may have seen on reruns of the Sanford and Son. It was a totally different Red Fox. I remember being a little kid going ooh, I understand why I'm not supposed to be listening to this, and looking at all those old plates and stuff too. So maybe a brick, maybe something along those lines. Five went three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one, your chance to get interactive. Something else coming up I want to get into. This is pretty wild. Most of us have had either when we were kids, or maybe your own children, or you've known someone. If you work in an urgent care or an emergency room intake on a regular basis, you will come across individuals who have hurt themselves or consumed things that you kind of go, how is that even possible?
Speaker 2: How did that happen?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: You hear all these other stories about stuff being you know, stuffed in places that are supposed to be exit only, and then they come up with, I don't I accidentally sat on it. No, I don't think you accidentally sat on a light bulb and had to go up your butt. But that being said, the idea, I mean, I can remember I swallowed a staple of some sort that was from the furniture store my mom worked in that was used for like the dust covers in some of the understuff when they would do like sofas and love seats and those type of things. And I was just a kid on my back flipping those staples up in the air, and at some point I lost one and it ended up in my mouth and I choked and coughed, and then I had to I was on bowl watch. I knew it was serious. I knew I was in trouble, and I knew it could be a bad scenario, so I was not happy about having to tell mom what happened. Then we went to the doctor and then they were like, well, you know, you've got to watch because this stuff could tear up your insides on the way out, so you better hope that you hear the tink of the toilet commode. Otherwise, if you don't hear that tink on the porcelain of that staple ending up there, we're going to have to go in and get it, because that means it's hung up in your insides, and that can lead to all kinds of bad stuff, which leads me to today's headline from a CBS News but it's also been published in the New Zealand Medical Journal. I remember hearing about a lot of this with kids in the States not long ago, where they had these toys for kids with a lot of magnets, and they had a thirteen year old boy that was hospitalized, not because he accidentally ate them, but apparently he did it to do it dozens of what they called high powered magnets that ended up becoming a serious problem, and it ended up being lost. He had part of his bow lost because the magnets continue to do. What they do is they go through and then they stick together can't be removed. They catch up your insides and then your bowel is a major problem. They didn't identify the kid, but they say he ate between eighty and one hundred magnets five by two millimeters each, So that's a whole lot of magnets in his gut. The X rays disturbing to say the least. So in the midst of whether you want to buy a piece of history or not, I'm kind of curious of what type of mishap you may have had or your kid has had swallowing something that they shouldn't have that maybe got them in trouble. What they showed in this X ray is all these magnets in a perfect line, hooking up with each other, thankfully as they were attracted to each other what looks to be probably eight to ten inches long, and then one that had like a right turn, and it was in that way. Not easy to pass that kind of thing, and I would, I mean, that's a problem if you're just popping magnets the way you would pop PEVs or a mint. I mean, that's some type of disorder. And they call these magnets of safety risk, no kidding, and I know in some places they've outlawed them because of that. Magnets are fun. I mean I remember as a kid goofing off and playing with mercury, which was a bad idea. Mercury is not good for you. It can cause all types of horrible, bad problems. So you know, maybe exactly exactly because I dropped a magnet on the floor as a latchke kid, and then I was like, I gotta get this off the floor. And then it was wow. It was like bubbling and separating and we became like a big nightmare. Today it would be a hazmat thing. They Cincinnati fired show up and then they'd lock down the house and put like, you know, a tent around it or something ridiculous. And even in high school, and this is the late eighties, they they allowed us to mess with mercury and like chemistry class as I recall, and there was a mishap. I don't know that they allowed that stuff now in and around the school. So let's get the pleasant ridge here and we'll start it off five one, three, seven, eight hundred the Big One. Josh, what's going on? There was sterling on the Big One.
Speaker 2: What do you have?
Speaker 24: Yeah about I'm forty eight. So at twenty one we were doing shots at tequila and I eight three roofing nails? What ripping nail per shot at?
Speaker 11: Like yeah, so don't really do anything.
Speaker 25: I went to I went to the hospital like the next day because they were galvanized. I was more worried about that.
Speaker 1: So, so how is it that you swallowed them? Because I can't imagine how they made it down your throat let alone you.
Speaker 24: Esophagals, well little roof and nails.
Speaker 25: I mean, I got it done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It was just crazy. So what happened? How did they get them out?
Speaker 24: Well?
Speaker 25: I just went to it was so old. It was deacon that hospital if you remember that. Ye, yeah, and uh there was only two in my stomach and the x ray and same as your stable. There was just a bull watch. So you just had like yeah, and it gave me like a number that if I felt like a stabbing pain in my intestine or something. But yeah, they just came out.
Speaker 26: Wow.
Speaker 1: See that that's crazy. Now was it a big bet or was it just drunken? And I'll do it if you will do.
Speaker 25: It wasn't a bet. It wasn't a bet at all. It was just a college.
Speaker 1: Idiots sounds like my friends. That's tremendous, Josh. I'm glad you've survived. It's a great story to tell me, and thank you. I appreciate it. Quick Break will come back. Have you done something similar? What about your kids? From magnets to roofing nails. That's up there. Me with the sofa staple batteries. With the kids, that's a lot of batteries. I mean, I don't that kid needs some therapy, is what I'm trying to say. I mean, at what point do you go? I'd like to eat one one, let me see what two does. Let me put it through. I mean, that's a lot of I don't know, quick break come back. It's a Friday night Stirling hanging out five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred The Big One, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 27: The Bengals are looking to install a no fly zone when the Jets touchdown in Cincinnati. Can the orange and black ground a green and white? Or will New York take off with the wind? One thing I do know, turbulence is guaranteed. I don't do well with turbulence. I may need a barth. Bag coverage beginnings Sunday at nine am, stream for free on the new and improved iHeartRadio app four on seven hundred w l W, Home of the Best Bagels coverage.
Speaker 2: Worthing hanging out.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. By the way, I mentioned this in passing Early Get a little bit more time, because I think it's pretty amazing. Joe Nuxall one of the most decent people I have ever met in my life.
Speaker 2: No longer with us, of course.
Speaker 1: He and Marty Brenneman called Red Game the reds Games Forever Knucksall legend of his own playing baseball. Is basically a kid as he started out, a long time read and just good human being in all the charitable work in and around the tri States, just spectacular. Earlier tonight in Fairfield at the Oscar Center, R Lance McAllister got himself some love, respect, adulation and an honor among honors that is pretty just a spectacular, which is the Joe Knucksall Humanitarian Award winner, which he was tonight and I'm looking. David d Armbrewster sent me this video short one with a big beer stein or mug with Lance's face on it, and it's a beautiful thing. So he, in fact is the twenty twenty five Joe Nugsaw Humanitarian Award winner. So congratulations to or Lance another just great human being to be honest, so very good. Hats off to him. It's a big weekend. We got at Bengals hosting the Jets. The Bengals of course looking to get back to even with Flacco behind center. We'll talk a conversation a little bit earlier I had with James Rapine from Cincinnati Bengals talk were coming up in about thirty five minutes or so, talking about that matchup, as well as the Ring of Honor, which Dave Lapham of course getting some love in respect there. And another guy who I didn't know a whole lot about Lamar Parrish leaping Lamar Parish and I talked to Chick about him since the word came that he was going to be honoredor as well getting some love and attention for what he accomplished, and seemingly just everybody has such great things to say about that guy too. And then our Tony Pike of course from ESPN fifteen point thirty, getting some love and attention and everything that goes with that as a part of the UC Sports Hall of Fame. And of course I think it's homecoming this weekend, right, And you got a Bearcats in action tomorrow afternoon, which is why I'm not here tomorrow afternoon. So yeah, and you'll hear him calling the game as well, along with Dan Hord and Moe doing his part. And then of course Dan Horde does it again on Sunday handling all the stuff that goes along with that with Lapham calling that game against the Jets. So yeah, a lot of groundcovered in a short amount of time. There no straight away, another hour to go, lots of ground to cover. It's a Friday night here home. Oh oh, I'll mention this World Series going on, and I am sort of shocked, but it's the best seven World Series. Game one in Toronto Blue Jays hammering the Dodgers. It's eleven to four and there was a Grand Slam, multiple other home runs, and we'll see if the buzz saw that the Dodgers have shown themselves to be throughout the playoffs and most of the season as they look to repeat, can find their way again. But tonight, I mean they got a ways to go. It's the top of the eighth anything could happen or not. Time for news right here. Seven hundred ww Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 15: It's day twenty four of the shutdown. Airport delays arising n paychecks are being missed. It's your eleven thirty report. I'm Travis Laird breaking now.
Speaker 20: The average on a day is about five percent of our delays would come from staffing.
Speaker 4: Shortages with their traffic controllers.
Speaker 11: We've gone up as high as.
Speaker 16: Fifty three percent of the delays have been because of staffing shortages.
Speaker 15: Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy. On October third, Republican Marjorie Taylor Green said the Senate could use the suit the nuclear option, eliminating the filibuster and pass the budget with a simple majority, which they presumably have. On October twenty, first Democrat John Fetterman said he would back it. Most Senate Democrats want talks to restore healthcare coverage that was eliminated in President Trump's Big Beautiful Bill. Republican leaders have refused to return to negotiations. Republicans have also not used the nuclear option, possibly because they lack the votes, want to keep the leverage, or do not want to permanently eliminate the filibuster. Workers wait for pay, Travelers wait at the gate. Now, let's take a look at the latest traffic and weather together. Still looks pretty nasty. Seventy five north at Paddock Road. It's going real slow between Town Street and Ronald Reagan on to seventy five West. You still got a travel delay between Cole Rain and Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway.
Speaker 2: Sounds like they're close together.
Speaker 15: They are not two unrelated slow downs, but no major accidents or slow downs to report throughout the tri State this hour.
Speaker 11: Look out for each other, everybody now.
Speaker 28: The latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck, We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 13: In the forecast, we're clouding up. We'll see a seven am temperature of thirty eight in the morning and a chance for some frost. The rest of our Saturday is going to be mostly cloudy. A high of fifty seven stays that way at night. We dropped to forty three on Sunday and early chance of a shower. Otherwise mostly cloudy, a high of fifty eight. From your severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred wl W. Sunday afternoon weather looking pretty good. When the Bengals will face the Jets here at home, should be about sixty degrees when kickoff happens at one partly sunny, and of course that we'll have that game for you right here on the home of the best Bengals coverage. Your game day forecast brought to you by American home Tech storm ready roofs built to last americanhome tech dot com. Right now thirty nine degrees In Cincinnati, Congressman Dave Taylor visited Claremont County Jail to review a possible partnership with ICE. Deputies in Claremont County soon able to assist federal immigration agents under a new agreement that they signed on Friday. Sheriff Christopher Stratton authorized a memorandum of agreement with ICE to join its two to eight to seven G Task Force program, a program already active in Butler County allowing local deputies to help with federal immigration arrests and transports under ICE oversight. The Sheriff's office says the focus is on transparency, efficiency and accountability. So far, twenty six inmates have been transferred to ICE. For more are awaiting transfer after local charges are resolved. Delivery confusion piling up all across northern Kentucky, where dozens of packages are showing up at the wrong homes or not at all. Residents in Alexandria say orders from major retailers are being misplaced by speed X, a low cost courier used by brands like Shan and Timu. Christina Camerer, who runs Hometown Shipping, has turned her store into an unofficial package rescue center after seeing hundreds of missdelivered boxes. She says there's no way to contact Speedex directly, and reports of missing packages now stretch from Walton to Independence. And police say a man stabbed a woman multiple times in Marrimont before jumping from the Purple People Bridge into the Ohio River on Friday morning. Officers found the woman on Home One Road around six twenty five in the morning with non life threatening injuries. Newport police later encountered the suspect on the bridge and he jumped into the water. River Rescue crews from Cincinnati and Covington pulled him out and took him to UC Medical Center with non life threatening injuries. He's charged with felonious assault and domestic violence.
Speaker 10: Halloween can be expensive and Goodwill's pitch is a big savings on costumes for both kids and adults.
Speaker 26: Kids costumes are running anywhere from thirty to fifty dollars.
Speaker 6: Did you come here?
Speaker 26: We're running anywhere from seven dollars ten dollars.
Speaker 10: I'm Smith with Goodwill showing us the inventory here at the Goodwill store in Tri County.
Speaker 26: Full gorilla suits costume for fourteen ninety nine. I mean, I could do a quick Google search and I guarantee you it's not going to be fourteen ninety nine coming from coming from one of those Halloween costume shops.
Speaker 10: The cause is a good one because Smith says eighty five cents if every dollar spedic Goodwill supports their charitable programs.
Speaker 4: From Woodlawn.
Speaker 10: I'm Matt Reese News Radio seven hundred double LW.
Speaker 15: Next update is at eleven thirty Breaking News anytime. I'm Travis Lair News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by Apollo Home. Your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical.
Speaker 16: Get ready for reliable home comfort in any season.
Speaker 1: Final hour together find Friday Night the Nation station. What you're listening to seven hundred WLW. Glad you're a long conversation coming up after your eleven thirty before about thirty minutes from right now, a little less than that. James Rapine, Cincinnati Bengals talk on Talk Food Day, Ring of Honor, weekend jets in town.
Speaker 2: Questions, He's got answers, We'll have some fun.
Speaker 1: Also in the meantime, I had somebody just send me this, So I'm gonna use a language of football, and I often do in life. I like to call an audible. So not Alex who's producing the show, but a different Alex.
Speaker 2: So I wasn't sure.
Speaker 1: Wasn't Alex Egan producing the show in the past, who reaches out and always likes to contribute to the show sent me this. What do you do when your wife, girlfriend, husband, boyfriend leaves the house for a weekend or otherwise when you got the house to yourself? And I suppose that goes for parents when the kids are gone, or maybe when you're kids teenagers.
Speaker 2: We know how that went.
Speaker 1: When I was a teenager when the parents might be out of town, I threw a small party at the house is Sterling when my mom wasn't there. As a kid, nothing big, because I saw what happened to other people's houses in high school when they threw parties when their folks were out of town, and it was insanity. It was beddom, and I did not want that because I knew what would follow that and I did not need that type of stress or otherwise five pet three seven four nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one, pick up the phone, give it the fingers. My good friend mister K used to say, talk back the iHeartRadio app and also on x or Twitter at Stirling Radio. So, whether you're married, single or otherwise, as a young person now grown and what have you when you get would get the house or when you get the house to yourself when you don't normally have it, maybe somebody's on a business trip, they're out of town for the weekend, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: What is it that you do?
Speaker 1: Alex says that basically he sits around and does nothing in his underwear, which I was very not on Alex sagan the other not you not you right, the other alleys, which I was a little disturbed. When I was looking at at the message, I'm like, I think there was no picture. But he said that's what he does. He doesn't worry about getting up and getting cleaned up or anything. He just sits around basically eats takeout food, et cetera. Which I can kind of relate to that, But I don't know to sit around in my underwear. I mean, I like to get dressed and feel you know. I mean, you know that's just me. But what do you do? And I'm thinking about it. I mentioned the parties being thrown. I know, sometimes there's a temperature battle. I've had this with women in my life in the past. I like it kind of crisp in the house, you know what I mean. Like even last night I had like windows open, like cracked in the bedroom a little bit because until I woke up with my bald head freezing, I was like, oh, hell no, that was a bad idea. And you get to turn the furnace on or something. So I understand that I will will adjust the thermostat and have adjusted the thermostat, because I would not have the woman in my life complaining about how cold it was in the house the opposite. At times I like it warmer and she does not, and that can be a battle. So what do you do when you've got time away in or there a way and you've got time to do what it is that you'd like to do, or otherwise one of these other And I search for this because I was trying to figure out where Alex got this and if he was just because he likes to contribute. It was like, you live in this now or not. He hasn't responded, so we'll see. He usually pings in the midst of bringing this up. And I did a search and there's a whole subculture of people who post about this very issue. One guy says here that he gets all and I totally understand this, and I would have not thought this was I think this is standard anyway, because it's what happens every night before you may go to bed anyhow, whether it's the sofa or in the bedroom, all the ornamental pillows that seem to be a collector's item. It's not just the women in my life, thank god, but I've seen this or you know, all the sofa and you're not supposed to don't mess with those pillows, don't use the pillow. It's just supposed to look pretty there.
Speaker 2: And then you know, like just get that crap off the bed.
Speaker 1: I don't know, look at the TV on or off, depending you know, sometimes I just like it quiet and I can just you know, deal with the voices in my head or whatever else that sort of goes along with that. But I mean, I'll order food, I'll pick it up, I'll hang out it sort of lay low is what I kind of look at doing. Here's another one says, my wife and son went with her parents for a weekend, do some family stuff or whatever else. He rode the motorcycle, did what he wanted, ate where he wanted, ate what he wanted, and got to watch wrestling, which was nice. So yeah, there's one right there, So what do you do? How do you deal with that? Here's another one, turned the ac down. Well, you know, now we're in like get the furnace on kind of season if you haven't already had it checked out, tuned up or otherwise. That's one of those things that comes up on a regular basis. I mean I might have multiple like screens on in like the office space, like with games on like right now, World Series it's eleven four blue Jays over the Dodgers in the bottom of the eighth and blue Jay's threatening in with one out and a runner on first. So I mean, maybe you're paying attention to like more sports, or maybe you're ditch that because you're not having to deal with that if you're not into it, and stuff that sort of goes along those lines. That's pretty common.
Speaker 2: In ways. That goes common.
Speaker 1: Thing here looking at a multiple list is ordering the food that you really want to eat, which I think is tremendous.
Speaker 2: Here's another one.
Speaker 1: Order a large piazza, all kinds of toppings and I don't have to worry about the vegetables.
Speaker 4: Tremendous.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't say man or a woman on this, but my guess is if it's it's probably a dude. I don't know, and I like vegetables, but there are times you want that meat lover's pie. Right in that type of situation, I don't need green peppers. You may not want all that other stuff in this case, that's what this guy says. I'm assuming anyway, it's a guy that would be into that type of situation. Here's another the boys come over play poker, we drink and smoke stogies. Yeah, okay, so that's a guy who's not normally maybe able to have that happen at the house, but when the wife is out of town, gets a chance to play around, and that type of circumstance, I get it. Like tomorrow you got UC football you can listen to on the big One. You got FC Cincinnati and Columbus Crew getting it on into the round of sixteen, and the MLS playoff at TQ. Well, so if you're not going, you can listen to ESPN fifteen thirty there. Maybe check that out as well. I can totally see a lot of that going on in that type of circumstance. If you're lucky you have somebody with you that you will enjoy the same things you do where you don't necessarily look at it like finally you've got some freedom, like somehow you've been living as a prisoner, you know, incarcerated in some type of situation where you've been deprived of the good life. The hope is that the person you're with compliments it. But you know, if you've got kids, sometimes when the kids aren't there, you get when they're away, you get to play the same way the kids feel when the parents are away. I mean, I totally remember that feeling. It was like, oh, Mom's going to be out of town, you know. But by the time I was in a place to be alone on my own. I was already working like a couple of jobs, like after school or in the summer. So even if she wasn't in town, I had other obligations and responsibilities. I might have stayed out or gone to a party that I wouldn't have when I was supposed to be home, say as a teenager when I was working by one o'clock, if I wasn't working later than one am, which would have happened on occasion depending five point three seven four ninety seven, eight hundred. The big one, your chance to get interactive. So what do you do when the mouse is away and you're the cat to play?
Speaker 2: How do you live?
Speaker 1: You know, if they're not there to I guess the limit your opportunity, I mean, And I would imagine it works all the way around on this, whether it's kids, whether it's adults, whether it's a significant other that's not around, and so forth, in those things that you might actually enjoy to go along with that too. So it's interesting to see how that plays out. Quick break, we'll come back give you a chance to sound off on that as well. Of course, I mentioned Bengals and Jets. Jets are zero for the season. You can't look past them any given Sunday, of course, is what they say. Flacco behind center the first I mean the first week, basically ten days Flacco's here in town, right, I mean it was a short week first week, and then they had a Thursday night game. Now they've had basically it's not quite like a bye week, but an extra free weekend to sort of get healthy, let the body heal a little bit, and to maybe figure out the game plan and how it works around Joe Flacco with all the offensive weaponry, and we saw an offensive line and a defense also seem to sort of rise to the occasion too, So hopefully that trend continues. Conversation with James Rapin after your nine thirty report from Cincinnati Bengals talk and Locked on Bengals about that very issue and a lot more ground to cover as well, all before Red Eye Radio at midnight at Stirling on the home of the best Bengals coverage, and those Bearcats and the Musketeers, and there's hopes being played. You see, I think they were getting I think they were down when I heard earlier exhibition basketball. It gets real sooner than later here on seven hundred do WLW.
Speaker 11: All right, mister Penney, I'm going to show you some images and you tell me what do you see?
Speaker 5: It looks like a butterfly listening to Scott's Loan show.
Speaker 6: And this one I see a rocket ship, a rocket ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, last enough for the planet Sloan I see.
Speaker 6: And this one that.
Speaker 5: Looks like a fish swimming in a mountain pond.
Speaker 6: Very good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but a fish is angry because he's not listening to Scott Sloan.
Speaker 11: Scott Sloan, please listen responsibly.
Speaker 10: Join me, Scott Sloan Monday morning at nine on seven hundred WLW might.
Speaker 6: Be best for us. It's got some strong medications.
Speaker 15: Are you looking for serious investment in the booming clean energy sector?
Speaker 2: Don't run down to.
Speaker 12: I thought.
Speaker 2: Don't mean I don't want to say it.
Speaker 1: It's so close to freezing, but I mean we're headed that direction before it starts getting warmer again for real. Thirty seven Tonight sixty on Saturdays sixty two Sunday football weather both days low chance or rain should be good for bear Cats, Bengals, et cetera, FC Cincinnati as well Tomorrow night also Dwntown or in the West end sixty three to start the week, and my god, it about a Monday or Friday. It's forty five right now, you're sever your weather station seven hundred W WELW.
Speaker 2: James Rapene joining me.
Speaker 1: A conversation we have about Bengals, jets, the Ring of Honor, and Alex e can produce and keep me in line here and on time at least he tries doing his best. But Travis Layer with about five and a half minutes away before news, we were talking about when.
Speaker 2: The cats away do you play?
Speaker 1: What how do you live your life when your wife, your girlfriend, your boyfriend, husband, the kids out of town, the parents out of town? What did you do or do you do when you have that time alone to live autonomously, to do what it is that you'd like to be doing. Alex out the year was He's like, I didn't I was gonna interrupt. I didn't what to interrupt. Well, now, so yeah, everybody I've talked to, or at least every his message and stuff I've searched here. Most people it's about having a good time and like just time with themselves just sort of reflect or just maybe get away with sitting around in their underwear doing nothing. You are not that animal.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 29: I was just listening to you talking about folks ordering a pizza or watching a movie or something like that, and all I can think about is, I just can't relax if the house isn't isn't cleaned up, So it ends up I end up spending a lot of that time cleaning up or doing something else, and then before I know it, she's back and that's all I've done is just clean these well.
Speaker 2: So I have many questions.
Speaker 1: Are you normally the person who handles the cleaning, because different couples separate the responsibilities and chores differently. You know, some do the cleaning, some do you know whatever it is? Are you the cleaner, the you know, the the real hygienic person is that you're a better hab I don't know if you want to use her name or not.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do it unless you do.
Speaker 16: No.
Speaker 29: No, Shannon is Yeah. Shannon and I just got married at the end of May. Yeah and uh and yeah. I would say that we run a tight household, and my parents did and definitely her parents did as well, So I think we share those responsibilities pretty well. We've as soon as we moved in we made a laminated spreadsheet of.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, who does what chores? But we end up spending Sundays is kind of our chor day. And as you know, I'm I'm here.
Speaker 29: I work with ken Brew on Sunday mornings, so I'm here in the morning and then I'm home around two or three, and then we're doing chores until you know, six or seven, just to get stuff caught up. But yeah, I mean, we run a pretty clean household, and I would say that we share the responsibilities pretty evenly. But but yeah, if she happens to go away for any length of time, I'm usually, you know, doing something here or there, and then before I know it, I'm tired, and then she's back.
Speaker 2: Now what does she do when you leave? If you're doing the cleaning and you take the cleaning to another level, I'm thinking your spreadsheet isn't doing a great job.
Speaker 29: It's clearly not working out. It's uh, in fact, she's a she's at home tonight. I don't really know what she's up to, but I'll I'll find out when I get home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always when you find out, you're like, oh, you move. I often I come back and I go, oh, the furniture has been moved or I have a list of things because the plan has been put in place, honey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm like, oh.
Speaker 1: I realized the Apparently I failed to do these things in the past. But I don't know anyone else who actually had a full on, sit down planning party to I mean, to have a spreadsheet of this of some sort.
Speaker 2: That's that's why.
Speaker 29: Yeah, we we we laminated it, and then we use an expo marker so we cross out, we you know, realign things and then and then, uh, maybe that's where I failed.
Speaker 1: I've not been as focused on these things as you and and instead of me driving women out of my life. But I don't think it's ever been because I've been like, you know, like some type of a mess maybe emotionally, but it's really Excel spreadsheets.
Speaker 2: I think that that's the way to do it.
Speaker 1: Wow, I clearly need to get it together everything. Yeah, that that's pretty disturbing, but good for you. I think, Now, what what do your friends think of this?
Speaker 24: So way?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not saying I'm at your friend, I would hope.
Speaker 1: I don't want to use that term too loosely, but I mean like you're your friends away from work. I mean like you're to come out and play and you're no, I have to clean because Shannon out of town and I want to make sure I get this dump fixed up.
Speaker 29: It's uh no, I would say, I mean I would think that my friends support that.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard anything.
Speaker 29: Otherwise, right, but but no, some of our friends are recently married. Her brother and sister are both recently married as well. I think we all kind of run our own households in our own way. But I think we all kind of, you know, play off of each other. Or I think as you get older, you realize you know everyone's going to do things a little bit differently, and I think you have a respect for that.
Speaker 2: So that's that's all that I've come in content.
Speaker 1: No, that's great, I all work in no play, but I just I'm gonna have to now pull everyone else.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, when she's out of town, I clean. I like to know because I feel like I'm maybe the only one.
Speaker 1: Now see that one of the women and I don't have a lot of time in this. This is the best we ended up living either for like longer than one of my buddy's actually got married twice, and he was like, you can't commit. I'm like, you've been divorced twice in a time I've been living in sin But that same girl in those one case. But before we were together, I'd come over to the house. She'd come on over after work. So I come over and then be like, you want to make some dinner or something. You know, I can go to the store and bring some stuff. She's no, no, no, no, We'll go out. And then I go to the kitchen. She's like, don't open the oven. Don't open the oven. She would stow away your dirty dishes in the oven.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then she'd later then she'd be like, you don't keep a house clean. On me, you had dishes in the oven that were dirty. Look that the hell is going on? But we've both moved on and we're both in a better place and we're all happy now. So it's all okay, all right, We've covered way too much ground and I've shared way too much time, and I do not want to I don't want to look at my phone now. Now there's bad texting. All right, you're eleven thirty reports straightaway Travis Laird uh has an update on what's going on all over the place. Thank you Alex for sharing inside dirt and cleaning up the house when the girl leaves.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: A conversation with James Rapine on the other side, Cincinnati's Bengals Talk. Cincinnati Bengals Talk. I gotta slow down and take a deep breath and just sport is the answer to everything. If you just slow down and get back in the rhythm, everything in life improves, including doing a radio show. So we'll talk Bengals, Ooday of Honor and more with James Rapeen After the News Straightaway more Sterling with a hood a play.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 15: Military paychecks are due on Halloween, but it's day twenty four of the shutdown and there's no plan announce. It's your eleven thirty report. I'm Travis Laird breaking now. The next round of military pay is due on Halloween. No plan announced to cover it. ABC's Jobrien has more a.
Speaker 14: Half million missed to paycheck today. Air traffic controllers will start to miss paychecks next week and oh, by the way, a week from today, October thirty first is the next dound of payroll for the United States military, and right now there's no plan on how to cover those paychecks as well.
Speaker 15: Of course, the Senate does have a path to end this. On October third, Republican Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Green said Republicans could use the nuclear option to pass a funding bill with a simple majority. On October twenty first, Democratic Senator John Fetterman said he would.
Speaker 2: Back that move.
Speaker 15: Most Senate Democrats, however, repose the House bill until Republicans negotiate over health coverage cuts and lost subsidies. Republican leaders have refused to return to talks, and Republicans have also not used the nuclear option. That may be because they lack the votes, want to keep leverage, or do not want to permanently eliminate the filibuster for future bills. Furloughed workers are feeling it at home. Here's Emilda Evila Thomas, a labor department employee and local union president.
Speaker 17: The material stuff I think we could go without, but we just need to get back to work.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 15: Let's take a look at the latest traffic and weather together. Seventy five North at Paddock Road still looking real slow between Town Street and Ronald Reagan to seventy five West. Still at delay between Cole Rain and Ronald Reagan. But no major accidents are slow downs to report throughout the Tri State this hour. Look out for each other, everybody now.
Speaker 9: The ladies forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news radio seven hundred wl.
Speaker 13: W in the Tri State weather heading for daybreak Saturday. It's clouding up. Morning low of thirty eight and we could see a little scattered frost our Saturday, then early sunshine and then clouds, a high of fifty seven at night, mostly cloudy in a low of forty three Sunday and early chance of a shower, then mostly cloudy, a high of fifty eight. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine first Warning Chief Meteorologist, Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW. Kickoff one pm Bengals Jets on Sunday, and that weather looks pretty good. Be about sixty degrees at kickoff time at one o'clock and we will have that game for you all across the Bengals radio network, of course, right here at the home of the best Bengals coverage. Right now, thirty nine degrees in Cincinnati that game day forecast built by American home Tech storm ready roofs built to last American home Tech dot Com. Claremont County deputies will soon have the authority to work alongside federal immigration officials under a new agreement signed on Friday. Sheriff Christopher Stratton approved a memorandum of agreement with ICE to join its two eight seven G Task Force, a program that is already under way in Butler County. The deal allows local deputies to help with immigration addresss and transports under federal supervision. The Sheriff's office says its priority is maintaining transparency and accountability. Congressman Dave Taylor stopped by the county jail to discuss the partnership. As Claremont prepares to house more federal inmates. Authority say twenty six people have been transferred to ICE custody so far for our awaiting transfer when local cases are complete. In Northern Kentucky, delivery troubles continue as speedex packages ending up at the wrong address or go missing entirely. Residents in Alexandria say orders from major retailers like Shean and Timu are being misplaced by the low cost courier. Local business owner Christina Camerer has turned her hometown shipping store into a temporary drop off site after hundreds of mixed up boxes started arrive. She says there's no reliable way to contact speed X, they have no customer service line, and complaints are now coming in from across the region. Cincinnati's zoo New Bear Ridge Exhibit now open to visitors, and its first residents are two eight month old black bear cubs named Hazel and Juniper. Although they are both black bears, Hazel is actually brown, an easy way to distinguish the two, and a reminder that black bears not actually all black. The orphaned cubs come from Montana after wildlife officials determined they couldn't survive in the wild.
Speaker 2: The zoo says they're.
Speaker 15: Settling in well, splashing in waterfalls, climbing through their habitat. Visitors can view them from multiple spots, including a cave and a rope bridge along the adventure trail. Hazel and Juniper seven hundred wlw welcomes you to the Queen City. Your next update is at midnight, Breaking news anytime. I'm Travis Laird News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station. Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the three new and improved hard radio app Listen for all your music, radio and podcast free. Never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred and WLW.
Speaker 2: It's a fit the weekends here.
Speaker 1: Sterling back seven hundred WLW kind enough to give us some time.
Speaker 2: He is ridiculously busy.
Speaker 1: I even hear him at gas stations while I'm gassing up as people start listening to him on YouTube or watching him locked on Bengals Bengals Talk dot Com.
Speaker 2: You do Bear catch Talk? What all do you do, James Rauhine?
Speaker 3: A little bit of everything, mostly Bengals, though I would say all the I try to cover the Bengals from every angle I possibly can.
Speaker 1: That's a good way to describe it. And you've been doing it for a little bit. Sant Bernard's own of course, hanging out here. I appreciate you making time. This is an exciting weekend one. I don't want to call it a tune up because this Bengals team has had problems, but when you have an O for the season, Jets team coming in whether Boomer siasin shows or not. Ring of Honor weekend, Lamar Parrish leaping, Dave Lapham doing it well deserved into the Ring of Honor. This Bengals team has a challenge as they look to keep rolling, and there are questions guys in, guys out, be it injuries. Look, look Hendrickson playing or not playing.
Speaker 3: I lean toward playing, but we didn't get the official either way.
Speaker 4: I would still lean toward playing. I think it was.
Speaker 3: It was killing him to miss last week and in this game. Yeah, it's against the winless team, but all that equity you built up and all that momentum you built up with a win over the Steelers goes out the window if you lose this week.
Speaker 4: So I would lean toward playing, But nothing confirmed yet.
Speaker 1: What is the deal with Logan Wilson. I see all this talk about him running out? Now, why is he unhappy?
Speaker 3: He got benched ahead of the Green Bay game and is kind of entering a new role on this defense where he's the third linebacker instead of their first. And I think going into this year and certainly coming into this season, been felt like and really the Bengals sort of planned on him being the guy, and then when you very quickly six games end of the year are five games into the year rather are benched, it's tough tough bill to swallow. So no, I still think he views himself as a starter in this league, and that's where it comes from his trade request. Now that doesn't mean the Bengals are planning on trading him. I trade could happen anytime, but I don't think anything's imminent. I think they would be open to it if the right deal were to come up and present it to them, But I don't think they're going to give him away. And that's why I would be pretty surprised if he wasn't on the field for Sunday's game against the Jets.
Speaker 1: You know, in this position where he's gone down the depth chart here James for Peene by the way, Lockdown Bengals was sterling seven hundred w WELW Jets in town the weekend Ring of Honor, big celebration in to what hopefully is another w for the Bengals, and he's dropped down. Was thought to be the starter, as you just said, it has turned out not to be the guy here. What type of value does he have and where could he go to be a starter since he's just grundled and thinks he can scratch his way up closer to being at that level. Again, if it's not here.
Speaker 3: I think there would be teams that would want him as a starter. I think the Dallas Cowboys could certainly be one. The Indianapolis Colts, with former Bengals defensive coordinator Luis Arumo as their defensive coordinator now, could be another.
Speaker 4: So there are teams. San Francisco is.
Speaker 3: Another team contending team that could use some mindbacker help. I just look at it, and he's under contract through twenty twenty seven, so it's not like he's in the final year of his deal or he's got yet one more year left. He's got two years left, and that just really makes it complicated. Any team that would acquire him could move on this offseason. But there's a six million dollar dead cap hit, which I'm not trying to get too much into the weeds, but that's a lot of money to pay someone and to eat to just get rid of him, and that's kind of what Bengals are facing. So what I think the decision is going to be if you're Cincinnati between now and the trade deadline November fourth, is do.
Speaker 4: You want to try to shed that contract?
Speaker 3: If so, you're probably not going to get much, but you could maybe get that contract off your books long term.
Speaker 4: And is that worth it?
Speaker 3: Or is having Logan Wilson a linebacker that you know what you're going to get on your roster, even if it's more in a reserve role.
Speaker 4: Is that more valuable?
Speaker 3: And that's what they're going to have to wrestle with and really explore between now and November fourth.
Speaker 1: Talking to James Rapine locked on Bengals SI, he's everywhere sterling seven hundred WLW. All right, what have I not asked here?
Speaker 6: Is now?
Speaker 2: Joe Flacco.
Speaker 1: Game three, the first one with a couple of days in was sort of a first half of what am I doing? Who am I playing with? Second half that seemed to find their feet. Game two look like they were clicking almost on all cylinders, which is an amazing thing, and it shows the talent that he has being Flacco and everything that offense has in the way they've sort of built and allowed things to form around what he can do. We saw protection from the offensive line, We saw the defense step up. Here we are game three in an zero for Jets team in town. What are we looking for with growth and development with them come Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that the next step this is a big step, especially with this week. They haven't scored a first quarter touchdown, a touchdown in the first quarter since Week two when Joe Burrow out Jamar Chase for a four yard score, and so it's weak eight. We're talking about the eighth game of the season now, and the Bengals are trying to do what they they did in Week two, which is win their second straight game. And I think when you're facing an zero to sevent team that has a pretty good defense. They gonna be without a few guys, but still pretty darn good defense, a lot of talent up front.
Speaker 4: Can you jump on them early?
Speaker 3: Can you beat up on a team early that is probably already having plenty of doubts, is probably already looking in the mirror and thinking about themselves versus the team overall. That's that's what I think the Bengals need to do. And if they can do that, if they can score early, if they can get a lead, which is something they haven't done and then last week, then I think that this could be one of those games that.
Speaker 4: That goes their way early and it stays that way.
Speaker 3: And so for Joe Flacco, it's just continuing what he's done over the past six quarters, but make sure you're doing it in the first quarter to get off to a really good start.
Speaker 1: Would you call us more than a tune up game, because I mean every team in the NFL, you know, they say any you know, any week, right, anything can happen. But I mean this Jets team have got problems a quarterback, there's you know a lot of issues. It was a Garrett Wilson's not going to be playing also, which you know, maybe is something for them of concern beyond what they already seem to be sure for any help at all. I shouldn't make fun. I mean we've been there.
Speaker 3: No, don't make fun because it may burn you on Sunday like they're still capable. I mean I went and I watched in two at MetLife Stadium. I watched Mike White in the Jets beat the Bengals. And this was the Bengals that went to the AFC Championship game. That's right, right, So this is it's one of those one of these games where last week I described it as a must win.
Speaker 4: This one is a better win. You better win this game.
Speaker 3: The must wins are designated for season saving wins and things like that, but this one, the pressure is on the Bengals to show that they're a good team. And I think if they are a good team, which in my eyes, the verdict is still certainly out given what they've done over the first seven weeks of the season and where they're at. So if they are a good team, they are going to handle business and get a win.
Speaker 4: But they got to show that.
Speaker 3: And so no, I think that they're going to be challenged, and this is one of those where the Jets backs are against the wall. You don't know exactly who's going to be at quarterback. I think it's going to be Tyrod Taylor. You don't have Garrett Wilson to deal with, you don't have Sauce Gardner to deal with. But they still a really good defensive front. They stop Breeze Hall, who's an elite running back, not just a good running back, an elite running back, and.
Speaker 4: So they're going to have to stop the run.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's things that they're going to have to do better than they've done over the past couple of weeks. If they're going to win this game now, people should expect them to do that those things. But they still got to go out and do those things and deliver and hold up there.
Speaker 4: Undo the bargain.
Speaker 1: Talking to James Rapeen Lockdown, Bengals Sterling seven hundred WLW one o'clock kickoffs, Hunday Ring of Honor, Weekend, Dave Lapham, Lamar, Parrish's leaping Lamar getting their nice jackets and there's tiger stripes and that nice underbolt that this offense for this team. We talked about it a couple of weeks ago, James Games, the figuring out Flacco's place and that in between giving him stuff with the running game and also that short ball stuff rather than just always going deep, and we saw him connect big time with Chase. We saw a lot of those different elements coming together over these last two weeks. What is it that you think they're working on in the midst of this Let's assume it's a serious battle, But where do they really need the work to say, Okay, we're getting to the next level.
Speaker 3: Well, they ran the ball effectively for the first time all season last week. Yep, and you saw Chase Brown get going. He had a twenty eight yard run and then he followed that up with a thirty seven yard run and those are both in the second quarter, and that gave the Bengals offense a real momentum.
Speaker 4: And so the beauty of being.
Speaker 3: Able to do that really takes pressure off of Joe Flacco. It takes pressure off of your passing game. They're going to throw it, and that's why they traded for Joe Flacco. They're going to throw the ball. They want to throw the ball. They're a pass first team. But running the ball and when you run it, having a few explosive runs mixed in goes a long way. So they're going to have Dylan Fairchild start at left guard this week, and it's the first time he started in a few weeks due to a knee injury. And so can this run game pick up where it left off and continue to move forward. I think that's a big factor. Obviously, Jamar needs the ball, and he needs the ball, and Noah Fan and Chase Brown out of the backfields a threat. But if you can get that ground game going, it one keeps your defense well rested too. It gives the defense a whole nother thing to worry about that isn't your star weapons, and it takes pressure off of a forty year old quarterback that's.
Speaker 4: Played really, really well. But he's Joe Flacco.
Speaker 3: He isn't Joe Burrow, and we need to remember that, I think as we move forward here, because at some point he's going to be Joe Flacco and not looked like Joe Burrow as much.
Speaker 4: And that's fine. They can win that way, but having a running game would certainly.
Speaker 1: Help him out, certainly would anything else. Before I let you go, I know, I didn't ask everything.
Speaker 3: I know enough to know, Yeah, I think this really is for me the game where we can learn a lot about the Bengals in they what they could be. And a lot of people are going to like, well, really, it's a winless team.
Speaker 4: You're at home, it should be an easy win, and it's like, well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if they're good, Like, if the Bengals are a good team, I could totally see that winning by multiple scores and being in control of the game and going that route. But these are the type of games that you don't look past, that you're dialed in for, that you start fast and so that first fifteen plays that first driver to for Zach Taylor and Joe Flacco in this offense. Are they getting seven points? Are they getting is it ten to nothing after their first two possessions or better? That is what I'm really paying attention to as we do into Sunday's game.
Speaker 1: Well said James Raheen locked on Bengals. He's everywhere else as well. Kind enough to give us some time a Friday night Stirling Ring of van or weekend Downtown pay Corps Bengals three and four hosting an OH to seven Jets team Joe Flacco behind center. It should be good and so let's hope that they take it to the next level. Thank you, James, enjoy the rest of your weekend. We'll catch up next week.
Speaker 4: Talk to you soon, Sternling, thanks for having.
Speaker 1: Me absolutely more sternly coming back seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: With Dve Lapham's entriement into the Bengals Ring of Honor, we pay tribute to the Life of lap presented by Skyline. Feeling good against Skyline Time now Here's Dan.
Speaker 11: Indeed, Lap, your.
Speaker 30: First NFL head coach, was the most innovative coach in sports history. In my opinion, the legendary Paul Brown. What did you admire and respect about Paul? I just respected his football mind.
Speaker 31: He had a mind that was just unbelievable, hits such a broad based knowledge the game of football. He was just ahead of the game, ahead of everybody else. Innovative. He's been credited with things like designing the face mask, coming up with the concept of protecting the face. You know, he wondered, why would guys play the game and not protect their head in their face.
Speaker 11: I put helmets on obviously, but no face mask.
Speaker 6: Crazy.
Speaker 31: He had a lot of innovations, and I think in the end he had the respect of every other owner and a general manager and head coach in the National Football League.
Speaker 9: For more on the life of Lap keep it here on seven hundred, the home of the best Spangles coverage over in twenty.
Speaker 22: Twenty five, iHeartRadio Music Festival presented.
Speaker 11: By Happen a lunch streaming Holy on Hulu right now seven row.
Speaker 1: I like to play cards, go to the card room sometimes, you know, play some hold them or whatever else. And I've never not once ever been considered a whale. I'm a dabbler at best. Like playing cards with my friends, which doesn't happen as often as i'd like it. To Sterling, by the way, hanging out seven hundred wlw alex, he can keep me in line producing Travis Laird's Got News in about three minutes than Red Eye radio role. The story mesmerized me about these thirty four people that have been charged in NBA poker gambling cases, including Chauncey Billups, Terry Roseier, and some other alleged mob figures. There's a whole lot of people that apparently were playing in rig poker games. Some apparently knew about it, hence being charged, others not who were duped, suckered, ripped off, conned, whatever you want to call it. I don't know if you've ever been to like a regular poker room, or sometimes people are rent out of space and they'll be like a private room someplace where you know, they'll get somebody into and maybe deal some cards whatever. I don't roll in those circles generally, certainly, But I mean, how chapped would your backside be? You know, sometimes you lose and you think, well that's the way the cards went, or you know I got beat by a player because I like the whole idea of playing cards for me is less but the cards and playing the people, which I enjoy immensely. And when I lived in Vegas, I learned playing in some of those local casinos in some card games with these old guys who had forgotten more than I know how brutal and hard harsh it can be. I can't imagine being in a place where I thought I had gotten ripped off or found out subsequently as a high roller or otherwise. And you should ever be gambling the money you can't afford to lose anyhow, But I mean, how how just bad feeling and a bad look it looks like?
Speaker 2: Is this just comes out?
Speaker 1: And apparently the idea is that more and more people are going to be hearing from a law law enforcement about maybe some of this kind of stuff being done. And then the other question is with all the other gambling, some of the talk that's been going around about shaving points here or there, which you know, that's another bewildering thing. In time, I guess we'll find out. Truth will make it out. Maybe possibly we'll see, But I mean that that's what a drag and to hear that with some names that you may have thought, Okay, we're upstanding people. We'll see how it plays out overall. I don't have a whole lot of time left, but I just want to say thank you. TSA workers and others out there apparently working at least temporarily for free or at least for money they'll get maybe hopefully down the line. Contract workers friends of mine doing some government work that are on the sideline now, a couple that we're asked to continue and say they get money later. I know some private donor apparently coughed up over one hundred million dollars to help pay troops in the midst of this shutdown. We'll see how much longer that thing continues. I'm out of time. I got more show than time, which is a good place to be, I suppose, so I will stop.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you in about a week.
Speaker 1: Sometimes partner on the weekend, Donna Dee going solo tomorrow night. I'm not on because Bearcat's play tomorrow afternoon. She's got that relationship show here on the Big One after nine tomorrow night. So if you get a chance, you're out and about and you've got some relationship stuff, she will be the one to listen to. I think Doctor West maybe with her as well, don't know for sure, So either way, have yourself a great weekend. Thank you, Alex News straight Away, Red Eye Radio to come. Great guest Tonight podcast coming up to follow to listen to At your Leisure with James Rapine and James Willis talking paranormal and ghost and entities, Kevin Carr talking movies and a whole lot more. Have a great weekend. I'll talk to you in about a week's time here. Home of the Houde Bengals and the Bearcats and the Musketeers and those Reds. Even though the world series is Dodgers and Blue Jays, the Reds could be there sooner than later. I can almost smell the hot stove heating up right now in the spring in the desert. Coming on the Home of the Reds two seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: It's day twenty five of the shutdown.
Speaker 15: More than half a million federal workers miss the paycheck on Friday. With your top of the Hour report, I'm Travis Lair breaking now in the Senate. The same House bill has failed repeatedly. ABC's j O'Brien has the latest.
Speaker 14: Rinse and repeat. Government funding legislation goes to the Senate for the same bill that passed out of the House, and it gets three Senate Democrats to vote for it, but nowhere near the needed number of Senate Democrats to get it over the goal line, and it fails. That has happened now twelve more times, and we expect that to start happening when the Senate returns here to Washington early next week as well. There's no deal insight, there are no negotiations happening, and there aren't really any signs of negotiations that might even start.
Speaker 2: Of course, there is a path forward.
Speaker 15: On October third, Republican Marjorie Taylor Green said the Senate could use the nuclear option to pass funding with a simple majority, and on October twenty, first Democrat John Fetterman said he would back that. Most Senate Democrats, however, want talks to restore health coverage removed in President Trump's Big Beautiful Bill months ago. Republican leaders have refused to return to negotiations. Republicans have also not used the nuclear option, possibly because they lack the votes, possibly because they want to keep leverage, or possibly because they do not want to permanently eliminate the filibuster for future bills outside DC, the human cost is visible. Laura is sixty, a federal contractor, and she's standing in line for boxes of food.
Speaker 14: It's all about prioritizing, and I just don't want to be homeless now.
Speaker 32: The latest forecast from the Advanced Industry Weather Center. Are you afraid of the Dentist? At Advanced Industry we get it To learn more about how IV sedation can change your life, visit No Fear Dentist dot.
Speaker 13: Com and the forecast. We're clouding up. We'll see a seven am temperature of thirty eight in the morning and a chance for some frost. The rest of our Saturday is going to be mostly cloudy, a high of fifty seven. Stays that way at night. We dropped to forty three on Sunday and early chance of a shower. Otherwise mostly cloudy, a high of fifty eight. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 33: It's hard to miss the twenty foot by twenty foot mobile billboard that's been driving the streets of downtown Cincinnati, especially in the area around City Hall. Picture Samara Cincinnati is a puppet master, accusing f tab Pure of all of putting politics over safety since I Police Officers Union pay for the mobile billboard, alleging the behind the efforts to remove the police chief. They say he wants to make her the scapegoat for his failed policies. The FLb Queen City Lodge has Endorspryval's opponent in the upcoming race for mayor. The mayor denies he was behind the decision spend. The chief says it was not politically motivated, but he does add he supports the city manager's move. I'm Brian Colmes news Radio so WLW.
Speaker 15: In northern Kentucky, residents are dealing with widespread delivery mix ups, and they're blaming it on speed X, a low cost courier used by Shean and Timu. Customers report packages left at random houses or never arriving at all. Alexandria business owner Christina Kamerer has turned her store into a drop off point to help return dozens of misdelivered orders. She says there's no customer service line for speed X and she calls it chaos. Elder High School has capped an undefeated regular season with a win at the Pit, marking the program's fourth ten and zero record in its four hundredth victory at home. The Panthers finished the year ranked number one in Division the Panthers. The Panthers finished the year to number one in Division one Region four, and they'll open the playoffs at home next month. And The Cincinnati Zoo's new Bear Ridge exhibit is now open to visitors and its first two residents are two eight month old black bear cubs named Hazel and Juniper. Although they are both black bears, Hazel is actually brown, an easy way to distinguish the two and a reminder that not all black bears are black bears. The orphaned cubs come from Montana after wildlife officials determined they couldn't survive in the wild. The zoo says they're settling in well. Visitors can view them from multiple spots, including a cave and a rope bridge along the adventure trail. Your next update is at the bottom of the hour. Breaking news anytime. I'm Travis Laird News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 34: WLW Johnny Knoxville. Here check out Crimeless Hillbilly Heist, my new true crime podcast. The true story of the almost perfect crime and the nimrods who almost pulled it off.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like the perfect storm and a sewer that was dumbed.
Speaker 6: Do not follow my example.
Speaker 34: Listen to all episodes of Crimeless Hillbilly Heist, available now exclusively on the iHeartRadio app. Open your free iHeartRadio app search Crimeless Hillbilly high Stand listen now.
Speaker 26: Contractors, plumbers, roofers, I'm attorney Blake Maslin.
Speaker 11: Are insurance companies not covering your work or denying your twenty percent overhead and profit? Maybe an adjuster is trying to replace eight shingles.