Speaker 1: You want to be an a Manican Scott's Slumpshell, Friday morning, seven hundred WLW. The last time a senior member the British family was arrested was way back in sixteen forty seven, with Charles the First. I think he was texting and driving that he was charging. Prince Andrew is no longer Prince Andrew. He's Andrew Mountbatten Windsor and the second, son of the late Queen Elizabeth the Second, now becomes the most prominent associate of convicted of sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. This was a bombshell yesterday. Authorities arresting him yesterday. Since been released, but arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public Office's brother, King Charles the Third said good. Basically, he served as a UK trade envoy for a year back in twenty ten and twenty eleven, and emails show in the recent batch of Epstein files being dumped suggests he may have forwarded confidential trade documents to Epstein. At the same time, The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform is grill Les Wexter, of course, of Victoria's secret fame from right here in Ohio. We got about five hours of testimony in trying to tie him to Epstein as well. There's a lot of developments in the last twenty four hours. Let me bring in from Epstein Justice dot Com Peter Shin on the show. Peter, welcome back. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm great, Scott, thanks for having me. Appreciate you having me out to discuss It's important, madam.
Speaker 1: It is because I know you're fighting for justice for the Epstein victims here. Man, there's a lot as we talked last time a few weeks ago, when they dropped that tranche of documents some three million files and photos and trying to go all over this stuff and it's hard to uncover, right, I think they dump all that stuff. I go, okay, good luck fighting something. Well they did. I think it's interesting though, in the case of Andrew Is, he's charged with misconduct in public office. That's a that's a charge of the UK rather than sex crimes. That looks to me like they I don't know, am I being jaded here and saying did they really care? Until it's got to be about trade secrets with the British government because this isn't The charges aren't about the sex crimes, the charges about him sharing confidential documents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, arguably, Scott, these are more serious charges than criminal sex charges might be in terms of potential sentences, because he's facing life in prison for disclosing state secrets to Jeffrey Epstein. And yet would that be justice? Well, it be something. It's more than what's happened here in the United States.
Speaker 3: I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's very true. I look at that going, well, you know the idea that somehow, well look at the British they care so much, like they really didn't. This is about This is about spy. He was a spy, basically, it's what they're saying, not a sex offender. But at the same time, do you take to the victims, take that and go, hey, listen, list we got the guy. Is this almost like an al Capone kind of thing where you know they got him on tax evasion?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but I want to go back to what you said about. Essentially, this is a case about spying. That's what they're charging Andrew with, right, And so this is one of our focuses, as epsteinusice dot com, is that in order to get justice for the victims, you're going to have to find out what was really happening.
Speaker 3: In other words, there's going to have to.
Speaker 2: Be a fulsome and good faith investigation into everything into these files. So it's not just about child sex trafficking, although it certainly is about that.
Speaker 3: The question is why did.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Epstein have a child sex trafficking ring? Why was it supported by JP Morgan Chase, Why was he backed and funded by Les Wexner.
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: We still don't have answers to those questions. But you're right, this is deeply in tie, deeply tied to spying an intelligence okay, and.
Speaker 1: The less Westerner wester thing, because we found that, you know, being in Ohio and off from Columbus, and we know the brands that he founded, a very very wealthy man. He denied knowledge of quarterly payments to an Ohio state OBG O I N that was a sex abuse case, and of course the Epstein thing as well, in one hundred million dollars that Epstein said he sold at least one hundred million from his family, but it has been since repaid. And you've got different layers of deniability in here, and of course the statement from the victim here Jeffrea said that he had forced sex on her, he raped her. Basically, he denied that in his testimony yesterday and kind of laughed it off. Do you know, you want to believe the victims, but we've seen victims be wrong in the past, and that is the hardest needle of thread here is how far back do you go? And also you look at the layers of removal here on the plausible deniability on the chart part of Wexner. But at the same time, folks at Ohio State want his name taken off of everything. As much as you fight for justice, should you, are you concerned that maybe in some of these cases the allegations may be erroneous or just simply the because Jeffrey is dead, that you can't go back and undo this stuff because no one knows.
Speaker 2: You know, those are all real problems, and it's one of the reasons why why child sex trafficking networks and the perpetrators who are behind them, they deliberately choose children as victims just because they just because they have these weird predilections, but also because children are notoriously.
Speaker 3: Unreliable witnesses, and then they grow off and.
Speaker 2: Their memories changed and these are all problems, right. But at the end of the day, if you want to talk about lest Wester, look, the guy sponsored and funded the largest child sex trafficker in history.
Speaker 3: If you're telling me.
Speaker 2: He doesn't deserve any consequences.
Speaker 3: I'm going to disagree.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He also claims Wesner's claiming he doesn't know about the quarterly payments made to Landen and OSU despite memos it just those payments directly him and his wife. I mean, that's that's not a credible denial in my opinion, It's.
Speaker 2: Not a credible denial. Nor are any of les Wester's denials credible. As you know he was. His attorney was caught on.
Speaker 3: A hot mic yesterday telling him, if.
Speaker 2: You answer anything more than five.
Speaker 3: Words, I'm going to expletive, delet and kill you.
Speaker 2: So his lawyers certainly controlled whatever testimony he gave. But think about the injustice of this here. The House Oversight Committee comes to Ohio to depose lest Wester.
Speaker 3: He doesn't even have to go to DC for this. You know, we wouldn't want.
Speaker 2: To inconvenience the great man who set up the large sect drafting ring in Answery.
Speaker 1: Would we Wexter also said Epstein stole at least one hundred million dollars for him. And you know, okay, I know that Wexner has more money than I can count. But at the same time, I mean, it was someone of his resources advisors in staff. How do you not notice one hundred million gone missing? That doesn't seem believably either.
Speaker 2: Indeed, and there's a lot that's unbelievable about this entire case.
Speaker 3: But what's most.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable is that there's a reluctance on the part of our own federal government to protect its own citizens and its most vulnerable citizens, which is its children. And that's really what Epstein justice is all about, Scott, is getting some protections from our federal government for the most innocent among us, and getting some justice for those for whom our government failed. And right now, we're not as a society going to be satisfied with what's happening because there have been no legitimate consequences. Think about it, Scott. For the largest child sex craft operation that's ever been uncovered, there have been only three arrests, and those three people are Jeffrey Epstein, Delaine Maxwell, and the former Prince Andrew, and we know that there are many more people involved in that, and yet we can't seem to get the Justice Department or any investigatory bodies here in the United States off the dime.
Speaker 1: Why not, Well, because it's again, it's not just the Democrats or Republicans. It's that high. It's the entire class of those people, the upper echeland, the American royalty, if you will, our elected class, and they protect each other, the rich and famous protect each other.
Speaker 2: You're so right, Scott, and that's really why this issue will never ever go.
Speaker 3: Away, because you know, working men and women like you and me.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, you're at work.
Speaker 3: I'm on my way to work.
Speaker 2: We don't live in a world where the law enforcement authorities are trying to protect us.
Speaker 3: Okay. We live in a world where if we commit.
Speaker 2: A crime, we're going to face punishment.
Speaker 3: As we should.
Speaker 2: Americans believe that that's what America is all about. That if you commit a crime, if you if you fail that you're going to face a consequence. But what we see in this case.
Speaker 3: Is it's not true.
Speaker 2: If you're rich enough, and the American people won't stand for that.
Speaker 1: I really believe that, Andrew settled with Virginia Geffree, I think three four years ago. Does that complicate this this case, you're this criminal prosecution in all your opinion, not.
Speaker 2: At all, because it's not really about her, you know, it's really about the documents that he shared with Jeffrey evansin And you know what's interesting is that the British Crown I E. Andrew's brother, King Charles the Third, he again authorized that investigation. I mean, everything in Britain and titularly happens under the crown. And so you know, in Britain at least they're willing to face up to the fact that you know, he was he was engaged and asked me in one. Essentially with Epsteine, we haven't even done a real investigation here, and that's I think the most frustrating thing to everyone involved in Epstein justice and for the victims as well, who really want to see the federal government see that.
Speaker 3: Take this seriously.
Speaker 2: The only way that's going to happen, Scott is if the American people keep putting the heat on Congress and Congress in turn putting the heat on the executive branch. That's the way it's supposed to work in this country constitutionally speaking.
Speaker 1: Peter Shinn with Epstein Justice dot Com and the very latest job wropping relevations about revelations rather about Prince Andrew getting rested, the less Wexner testimony as well, and it's coming fast and furious right now, weeks after the multiple tranches of documents were over last release. You know, you're pointing something out there that here in the United States, of course, if you are a defendant, it's the state v. You know, Peter Shin, Scott Sloan, whomever. Over there in the UK, it's the crown, as you mentioned, the king. We have a case where the king, it's brother v. Brothers. What's what's going to happen here?
Speaker 2: That's that's unprecedented, It is unprecedented, and yet it's no more than Andrew, the former prince deserves. I mean, he shared state secrets with a child, a known child sex offender, and so yes, he's going to get whatever is coming to him. What's unfortunate is that in the United States, what's happened now is that we have some people who say they're stepping back, they're resigning.
Speaker 3: That's not really a consequence.
Speaker 2: You're still a multi millionaire with freedom, you can still do whatever you want, found a new business, go work for somebody else.
Speaker 3: You're not facing any justice whatsoever.
Speaker 2: If you ask me, and you are. Resignation from your position is hardly sufficient consequence for the sources.
Speaker 3: Of behavior that are well documented in these files.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Peter, the DOJ has released all these documents a huge dump. You've looked through many of these items of anyone's possible to look through all three million pages and a couple hundred thousand videos and all this other stuff. But in your estimation, being so deep into this thing, are the most damaging revelations already out? Is there still material being withheld that the survivors and the public deserve to see.
Speaker 2: There's definitely materials still being held that the public and survivors deserve to see.
Speaker 3: Scott.
Speaker 2: And this isn't just my opinion. This is the opinion of the authors of the Epstein files, Transparency Act Representatives Massy and Kanna, And let me just say, Representatives Massy and Kanna deserve great credit for really approaching this in a bipartisan fashion. Now we need to take it to the next level and say it needs to be in a non partisan fashion, because ultimately this isn't about Democrats or Republicans. As you know, It's spanned five administrations, this cover up, and it needs to end for the sake of the protection of the children of the United States. If we can't stop it here, Scott, what then we'll never be able to stop it again.
Speaker 1: Epstein is dad, Maxwell's in prison, Andrew's been arrested, Wexner is getting grilled by Congress. Who is else's life? Who else do you think needs to face legal accountability here?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you could go across all of the I guess the answer is, Scott. The real answer is, we don't know until the Department of Justice or until some other people get access to the two and a half to three million files that the Department of Justice chose not to release. But you know, and this is the thing we in Epstein Justice has never been about the release of files.
Speaker 3: What we've been about is a.
Speaker 2: True, nonpartisan, bi cameral investigation that would involve both Democrats, Republicans, members of Congress, and people outside of Congress to do a truth and reconciliation style investigation not just of Epstein's crimes, but of child sex trafficking writ large.
Speaker 3: In the United States, which is an enormous problem.
Speaker 1: Jenny Van said he's open to Andrew testifying before Congress. Would that actually advance justice or just more political theater?
Speaker 2: More political theater in my opinion. I mean, at the end of the day, what is Andrew going to say to a session of Congress. What would his attorneys, his barristers, as they say in Britain, him to say, you know, you'll get the same level of truth and clarity that you would get from delayne Maxwell, which is none.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he's convicted, that's an interesting precedent. Or if he's acquitted and the charges are dropped, what does that mean take us through both scenarios here. What does that mean for the broader reptor to a broader effort to hold these people accountable.
Speaker 2: Well, if he's convicted, it says that there were crimes committed that were documented in the release of these files, even the partial release that we've seen that isn't fully compliant with the law. And so what that tells you is that if all of the investigation.
Speaker 3: Of investigatory materials were released.
Speaker 2: Or better yet, if there was a real investigation in the United States, there would undoubtedly be criminal charges, and it may not all be.
Speaker 3: Related to child sex trafficking.
Speaker 2: But that doesn't mean that just because the only crime you can charge somebody with is tastivating, that you shouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: He is at Peter Shin at epstein Justice dot com. The arrest of Prince Andrew former Prince Andrew charged with miss con to public office interesting that it has nothing to do with the sexual charges. That is more of an espionage charge against him. However, that sadly causes is a greater punishment than well sexually abusing children, which is kind of a twisted view of the law in my opinion, that should be it should be foot flopped if there are true justice in the world.
Speaker 2: Right well, a fair point, and yet we must deal with the law that we have on the books as it comes to us. And it's just ironic that Britain, of all countries, would be taking the lead in terms of getting some accountability for these perpetrators and not the United States.
Speaker 3: But that's the way it is.
Speaker 2: You know, if you take a look at big movements against evil scourges, Hey, Britain abolished the slave trade and slavery about thirty years before the United States didn't we had a word to do it.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, Britain has in the past exhibited moral.
Speaker 2: Leadership over us at various times in history. But what I'll say is that we have an opportunity to catch up to Britain and bring some accountability to some of the people who clearly were part of Jeffrey Epstein's intelligence.
Speaker 3: And child sex trafficking networks and bring them to justice.
Speaker 2: And we absolutely should if we believe, because look, we all know there's something wrong with this country, right and what these files reveal s good is that what's wrong with this country is that at its heart, there's a bunch of corrupt people running it, and that many of these people enjoy enjoy having sex with children. Frankly, I just don't think that we as a country are going to be able to move forward until we properly process this issue and administer.
Speaker 3: Justice to those who deserve it.
Speaker 1: I think the historical optics here are really twisted because you go back in our history, we a sense we broke away from Britain. Why because of freedom, because of rights, because of right and wrong, because the fact that the Crown shouldn't have all the power, and yet here we are two hundred and fifty years removed, and now it feels like in this case the opposite is happening to you know, the brother of Andrew, the king is going to prosecute him. You could wind up having more justice in the UK than you would here in the United States or these victims.
Speaker 2: That's true, and I think that would be a tragedy at best, the way it goes down. But I don't I don't believe that, Scott. I really believe that the arrest of Andrew could prove to be a chipping point where the American people say, listen, if the King of England can arrest his brother for these crimes, or for certainly for activities related to these crimes, then surely we in the United States can.
Speaker 3: Bring some degree of accountability.
Speaker 2: To the to the to the men and women who graphic these girls. To Jeffrey Epstein and quote his friends quotes, and that's a quote from jeff from Maxwell.
Speaker 1: Well, we yeah, I mean you're confident, actually, you know, wanting something to happen, something actually happen. You think that if they prosecute him, they charge him and convict him, imprison him, that that's going to put much more pressure back on us here in the States to get this right.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the arrest itself puts pressure on us to get it right. What happens from this point forward is a matter obviously for the British legal system, but you know, and it will, of course, just like any legal process, take a long time to play out. So you know, it's more of the shock and all value of Hey, at least in England, no one appears to be above the law, right, Why can't that be true in the United States, where we're the originators of that concept? That's the last you point out.
Speaker 3: That's one of the reasons that we broke away from England.
Speaker 2: It's one of the reasons I donned the uniform for thirty six years and went overseas to fight for the Constitution.
Speaker 3: It's because I believe in those principles, and.
Speaker 2: Millions, in fact, hundreds of millions of Americans do too. We have an opportunity to make sure that those principles are actually upheld by insisting to our members of Congress that they continue to investigate this matter in.
Speaker 3: A full and thorough way and take it to wherever it goes.
Speaker 1: Hope that you're absolutely right that the outcry of the people is greater than the will of lawmakers to protect their own kind. He's Peter Shin and he's at Epstein Justice dot com. It's an incredible grassroots effort just documenting and trying to hold accountable. Their mission is just simply justice for these poor girls and a lot of them nameless. Pete, all the best, Thanks for jumping on the show this morning. I'm sure we'll chat in the coming weeks once again, I hope so Scott, great to talk to you and thanks for having me you as well. Sad but very important story breaking this morning here over the last twelve twenty four hours. And how about this, we'll get a time out in We've got more to follow. It's a big Friday morning show here. We've got in addition to Austin Elmore from ESPN fifteen thirty, he is the living legend defenseman out of Bowling Green State University, my alma mater and the mac he is Ken Morrow, four time Stanley Cup winner and remember that USA Miracle on Ice team from nineteen eighty Talks and Olympic hockey come up in minutes. iHeartMedia and seven hundred WW salute Cincinnati's own Procter and gamble. If you've got someone there you'd like for us to recognize on the air, just texts their name to us at fifty one eight eighty one and be listening. Plony back on seven hundred W LW what's going on today? And Pete chin On from Epstein Justice dot Com and that very interesting and weird situation, not the weirdness of the elite doing what they are trying to get away with, but the fact that you would have the king, Oh it's a good song, we should play it again. The King of England prosecuting his own brother. That's something now that's new. Will continue to follow that and what the repercussions are in the States, can think it's serious. Austin Elmore later on the show today ten thirty five, I should say that's you're gonna talk a little sports. Got the Olympics to discuss to speaking of which, at eleven oh seven, Ken Morrow, remember of the United States miraclon Ice team from nineteen eighty joins the show to talk about well the anniverse, I think forty sixth anniversary on Sunday of America on icy upstart and all you know, amateur university players like Ken from Milma Matter Bowling Green played for the U S men's team and beat the then Russian Red Army team. And that's what they were. They were the Soviets. But they know the way the Olympic and it's still true today. I mean, the Olympics are kind of they're the people are in the Olympics are greasy, right, we kind of know that. So the way there was is the Russians would say, no, no, these are students and soldiers. They're not professional players. But they was their duty was to play hockey. They would study hockey. They wouldn't go to school, they would go to class like the university kids in America can they would they go and play hockey all the time. And they were just literally unstoppable for well for a long long time from nineteen sixty to nineteen eighty between the two gold medals to the US. But what happened yesterday with the US women's national team winning gold against the Canadians and this weekend as the US men's play today at three o'clock and it's Canada playing as we are about to kick off. I think at ten forty this morning, we could have a rematch with the men Canada and the United States for the gold medal game. Any Way, Ken's going to drop by chat about that and how hockey has developed in America, but also the pride of being a gold medal Olympian as an amateur compared to NHL players today, and he paved the way for all this stuff. Ken Morrill coming up at eleven oh seven today on the show. As we the United States, I think it's second in the in the metal count right now, kind of coming on a little bit that maybe start a little slowly, but you know, we're heading to the final weekend here, so a chance to I don't know full over too, is that Finland has the most metals. I believe we'll find out anyway. That's coming up later on today. Here's a boring but important story. I'm actually a circle. I'm gonna save this and I think I'm gonna talk about this with Julie Bouki our career shirt on Wednesday because it's one of those careful what you wish for cases, and this outcome could literally reshape how every major company structures dei and also just well, they know you do like getaways and retreats and things like that if you're in that line of business and you're you know, doing a brain trust session or something along those lines. Of the Equal Opportunity Commission issuing Coca Cola Northeast for sex discrimination, here's what they did. They hosted a women's form event. There were two hundred and fifty female associates there for a women's empowering event, and it was social networking opportunity or I should say networking opportunities, discussions on navigating a male dominated industry, work life balance, being a mom, the pressure, all those things, and the company paid for this. So the lawsuit alleges that they denied mail employees the same opportunity, the same compensation terms, conditions, or privileges of employment offered to female employees. And that, of course is not anything new. That's a core straightfor a tenant of federal law, of civil rights law. It's despair a treatment. It's really an interesting case on something. You go, well, that's kind of minor. So they're doing I don't know, women's forum events, so what well, let's break it down for just a second here so the Civil Rights Act nineteen sixty four. It's sad at the time, and this law has been bent to an extreme for a long time that it made the exclusion of one protected class of employees from an employee sponsored event a violation and law. It's clear cut and that protection runs both ways. What makes the case leally significant, I think are the benefits that are attached to the event. So if you look at the case itself and that the EEOC is saying that the company, the Coca Cola, paid for lodging, they paid for meals, they paid for the event itself, and your full salaries while excusing them from regular work duties. So that's not an afterwork hey cocktail kind of thing. It is a compensated professional development time that that men didn't have the opportunity to enjoy. I mean, I guess if you did a hey, we realize men and women are different and there's different pressures and expectations and stigmas in the workplace. Let's do one for men, let's do for women. But did you do one for men?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: And it's not a voluntary afterwork cocktail kind of that's deb's different. The men in this case didn't get didn't receive their hotel rooms and meals and training and their regular pay like the women did. And that's that's the crux of the lawsuit. And so in the past, courts have largely permitted or even encouraged sometimes to address historical underrepresentation for affecting groups, like as long as he didn't exclude others. But the problem is the explicit, the explicit exclusion, which they did. It's like, if I'm a guy and I wanted to go, you would not be along because it's a woman's forum, I think. And also I think you know, there's a going to be a backlash of Coke obviously, and there's some criticism of this because you know it's Trump. It's misogynistic, of course, it's that's not it, man, It's about fairness. And I know Coke is saying, hey, look, it's odd that they're going after regional companies for hosting a two day women's retreat. Is that a good use of government resources when there's still extensive discrimination in the workplace against women? Okay, I don't know if it's as extensive. I never really thought that. I think it does happen, But I also think discrimination. I think that problems that may not be discriminatory, but just people who you know, you put people together, men and women or men and men and women and women are gonna have problems. You're gonna have people who just simply are incorrigible, who don't get along, are not good, good people people. Is that discrimination? Look can surf certainly, we've seen it surface discrimination. But it's not like everybody in the workplace, or if you're a man or white man, you have it easy. I'm not playing a victim he or I'm just saying that that everyone has challenges that they have to face in the workplace. You may have a an incordible boss or a subordinate whomever it might be. There's always challenges in the workplaces. It's not supposed to be easy by design. And I think it's for a long time and that a lot of people and women in particular, said, oh my god, it's just so awful in the work you know. I guess the way to look at it is, are you blaming that whole patriarchal thing on your shortcomings or do you try to find a work around Because I know very my wife being one of the very successful people that are female that you know, if you ask them and say, were you discriminating? I says, I get maybe. I don't know. I don't pay attention to that. I just try to find a work around because there's also women in the workplace who are difficult to work for. But it can't be misogynistic because they're the same gender we are. And I'm sure you have that tough with race or sexual orientation, whatever it might be. Are there people out there that are doing this deliberately one hundred percent one hundred percent, But it's certainly not as prevalent as it used to be. So I'll say, you know, it's as bad as ever. I just I never really buy that argument. Coca Cola's defense in this thing. I would think that they say, hey, you know, it's it's probably a it's a necessary, justificate necessary event. And also where's the harm with mail employees there or where everyone's getting paid? So what who cares? What's the big deal? Like, I don't know, you know, the if you hold an event for women and you don't have a similar one for men, that's that's a problem. According to the Civil rights SOLL. Now, for a long time, we ignored that and pretended that it didn't matter. But look at where we are today as a society, and we know that young men in particular have been marginalized just well because of things like this. You know, we've were talking about Olympic hockey today and the US women's team, which US women it's it's a relatively new kind of thing since the late nineties, were crying out loud and now to be as dominant, as great as they are, and it was, and they're a hell of a fun team to watch. As a hockey guy myself, I really enjoyed watching the women's Olympic coverage. It's been phenomenal. The games have been wonderful, especially if you're a fan of US hockey. That didn't happen in a vacuum. That happened because of sacrifices and lawsuits and everything else. And it's great. You know, put a good product out there and people will flock to it. It's a good product. WNBA was a joke for a long time. Quality plays got a lot better, to the point where young people now are flocking to that game, even some more than the NBA. You know, superior product wins. I'm all for them. I'm all for that opportunity. But the idea here is, you know, for a long time it's we have to lift women up, but we've got to keep men down. And now we're paying the freight for that. There are repercussions for that. And if you own a company, now small or large, it's probably a warning shot to your HR department. You got to watch how you manage these kind of things. If you're gonna have an opportunity for women, great, but you're also going to present an opportunity to everyone else. Because the whole idea of this is what we just want to see at the table. We just want opportunity. We want to be treated fairly and equitably. Well, this is what fairness and equity look like. You can't have it both ways. Well, we're going to do these things to lift women up because they have certain challenges that they do. Then do it after hours or do an event for men, and you may have to do it an event for other groups as well. But if you're talking about inclusivity, that's what inclusivity is. It's including everyone. You can't be pro DEI but against including groups who you see are superior to yours. I don't, I guess. So you know the way to look at this. And there's many different world views on this thing. So when I was a little kid and my dad was working in the gives in the computer industry, but working for in Steel his whole life, and we used to have this thing called a father son diss back in the seventies, father's son picnic, and so it would be your dad and the and son or sons you go to this thing. I guess all the guys the company kick some money in and they'd rent a I don't know, like a shelter somewhere and picnic and they'd have pop and hot dogs and you know, ice cream. All it was all you can eat. Not today all you can eat is no big deal, but back then it was a big deal. I was like, wow, I can't have as much ice creams, aren't Yeah? I have at it. And they'd buy toys and there was little you know, raffles for the toys and you win stuff and everyone walked away with something. The kids would go play you know, baseball or softball, and the men would my dad would sit around and play cards with his buddies that drink beer and basically the kids would go mess around in the woods or a field or do something, and the medad sit around and play cards and drink beer all day. And that was the father's son picnic. And then maybe we'd had like a father son softball game, but largely it was the dad's sitting around drinking drinking draft beer, keg beer, playing peanockle and the kids would be off doing god knows what it was like. And it was a great day. It was awesome. And then what happened is that went away because you know, the women are like, well, what about us, you can't have a father where's the mother daughter picnic? And so they started doing those and then eventually it just became the picnic. And I don't know what happened after that because I grew up, but anyway, I mean that that was back and so this was going on back in the day. It's like, yeah, and you know, if that's fair, it's like it didn't ruin you know, at the time, it's like, you know, misogyny rolled back in the day that it ruined the father son picnic, And if you think about it, it really didn't. I mean, you could still have a father son picnic. But then you got to do a mother daughter picnic and then decided, why are we doing two separate picnics, We'll just do one big one. And I know ever became after that, but that was way back in the day, way back in the day. And it's and they're right, it's like, Okay, if you're doing this for one group, you've got to do it for the other group. And here we are today. I think it's a I don't think it's a legit lawsuit myself, but well, can you to follow this? I said, maybe a Bucky can chime on this a little bit later on on Wednesday as a topic, when do we do Julie on the job? So on here seven hundred WLW. The research for Nancy Guthrie continues, and I bring it up because I'm more interested. I guess I'm interested in the news cycle. I certainly want to see her brought home. But at this point, as long as it's been we're into three weeks here, it's not looking good for Nancy Guthrie. And not only that, as far as the coverage I've see, and maybe you've gotten more into this and followed it more than I have. I've watched it certainly paid attention to it, but it hasn't really gripped me like some folks do, especially if you're in a true crime and things like that and who done it, which a lot of people do. But it seemed like the whole ransom thing is faded away in my opinion, and so we thought it was maybe the ransom miltreal fake. So what the hell happened to Nancy Guthrie? What's the motive here? And they've completely and utterly ruled out the family after exhaustive investigations, saying, well, it wasn't the family. Somebody came and snatched her up. That's also one of those stories that we don't want to know about because you're telling me that someone came out there and just grabbed Nancy Guthrie and disappeared, made her disappear and she's in the wind or worse and there's no answers whatsoever. We don't like closure. We like hostage situations, we like ransom notes, we like you know, family members doing it. I mean not like, but we like closures. What I'm saying, all those things offer closures like was it a robbery?
Speaker 2: Know?
Speaker 1: All their stuff was there? Car was there or everything was there? Well, why the hell did she upset someone? Apparently not we you know, that's not coming out yet. Why would someone in the dead and night go and abduct this woman and possibly kill her? Where is she? What's the point? Why did you do this? And motive to me is like it's if we don't have motive, then we also want to not look at the story and go, Okay, I don't want to think about that. I don't want to think that there's someone out there who would just randomly snatch someonet up like this for no reason whatsoever. And you know, I think maybe a valid theory is that Nancy Guthrie is the daughter of Savannah Guthrie, high profile, maybe someone she did a story or NBC or there's some sort of slight against this individual who did it or individuals and they saw, you know, as a way to get back in NBC and Savannah Guthrie. I mean, that's as plausible, I guess as anything else. But here we are now in the story, as you know, sadly is kind of seeing it starting to fade away because we tend to focus on other stuff. You know, the Epstein news is coming out, there'll be some other big stories happening the Olympics, and this will fade even more next week, which course does not help at all the family and the exhaustive search for a Nancy Guthrie. They've up the reward. There's not much more they can do at this point, and they're even saying, hey, look we're looking at DNA, but that's kind of a long shot as well, unless we can tie to an individual. We're not quite sure here and all the things we thought initially looks like it's all been played out at this point. Now, could it be behind the scenes are clothed, They could be an acting and a rest right now. We don't know because they have much more information than we do, which also makes it difficult if you're an armchair sleuth to figure this out yourself. Certainly have been people online that have gotten together and figured some stuff out the police couldn't, and that's crowdsourcing. But you know, let's face it that they have way more information and facts and evidence that is yet to be made public that we don't. So it's harder for the armchair slouths to do this themselves. But interesting to see what happens next week in the Nancy Guthrie store. Because you feel like as far as public interest, time is running out. Sadly, it's just that's the nature of it. We'll do a news update Scott Sloan got lots going on this morning. Sports is a big sports weekend because FC is kicking off this weekend, The Reds are kicking off in Arizona this weekend. We have more Olympic coverage, who have UC trying to maybe make a run here. All that a more Austin Almore comes in talks to Dat at the ten thirty five today here on the Scott Flowan Show on the home of the Cincinnati Red seven hundred WW. You want to be an American's going to come back on seven hundred WLW. It is a diagnosis that stops you dead in your tracks. There's a lot of diagnoses you can get, but there's a few that you go, I gotta take a knee, and one of those would be Olzheimer's alz It is the fifth leading cause of death in America. Nearly seven million Americans are living with it now. By twenty to fifty this number is going to pretty much double, and it affects one in five women. One in ten men. It is literally a death sentence. And how do you deal with the disease that not only is a patient, but there are very few diseases resorts you get where it's I think it's worse for the caregiver. At least a skinner is here and discuss this and truth lies in Alzheimer's. Lisa, good morning, how are you.
Speaker 4: I'm doing well such thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yes, today, we know that as a progressive neurological disorder causes brain cells to degenerate and die. There's a plaque and I was just reading a paper last night, as a matter of fact, article about this that said that there's some insight that there are some early indicators of Alzheimer's. It's kind of like almost there's a few of I guess the plaque develops a little bit in part of your cortex, and it sits there for a long time, and then as you get older, it starts usually to develop more. So it's almost like we're getting a sample inside. So there's some hope there to discover it, diagnose it much earlier than before. But also that gives us treatment options. So there's a lot of good research going on right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: What makes this disease even more difficult than it already is is, right now, we really don't have any definitive or conclusive way for to make an early diagnosis. And yeah, the theory is if we could, if we had the ability to do that, then we could make it have interventions that could have a huge impact on the prognosis. There is, as you said, there is no cure, there is no treatment, there is no reversing just these diseases. But it's almost impossible for the medical community to differentiate between this normal aging process, you know, forgetting where you put your keys or your phone.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do it all the time, and everyone thinks they have Alzheimer's and that's not or is there a differ between Alzheimer's and dementia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Alzheimer's is an actual disease. It's a brain disease, and there are over two hundred known brain diseases that cause dementia. So when we're using the term dementia, it's referring to the symptoms that accompany these brain diseases, and Alzheimer's, of course, is the most common and the one that most of us have heard of.
Speaker 1: What is the typical lifespan from diagnosis to death.
Speaker 4: The average is eight to fifteen years. But a lot of people, like my grandmother, I've had eight of my own family members live with one of these brain diseases that causes dementia, and from the onset of her symptoms, she just another twenty years. So it varies from person to person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but does as an indicator there It's like, is do we have an indication that it's hereditary because if it's a number of people in your family have had it, does that scare you?
Speaker 5: Of course?
Speaker 4: And it actually with me a higher risk of developing Alzheimer's disease. There is a gene, a genetic gene called the apo E four gene, which you inherit from one or both of your parents. And I want to just assure everybody that if you do carry the gene, it still does not necessarily mean you're going to develop Alzheimer's disease like me. It just means that it increases your risk. But there are a lot of factors that play into just what your risk level is.
Speaker 1: Are there things lifestyle wise that we do that may increase our risk?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, there are many studies that have been done over the last three four or five decades that have a direct correlation to lifestyle choices, and the recommendation is that we all try as hard as we're to adapt a healthier, healthier eating choices. The two worst types of foods that we can eat are ultra processed foods and processed food and sugar. Our brains just don't like sugar and it causes inflammation, where which is now kind of showing possibility that inflammation contributes to developing Alzheimer's discussion so.
Speaker 1: Cleaned EyeT healthy lifestyles and that that seems to that seems to pay dividends in every area, not not just Alzheimer's. But I'm sure there are plenty of healthy people otherwise that do things they're supposed to do and eat and pertinal lifestyle it's quote unquote good for you that wind up succumbing to all Alzheimer's and other things. And so it's it's not always that, I guess, and there's probably people who have the worst diets in the world that'll never get it. So I kind of look at the science too as you do and go, okay, well, eat healthier, try to exercise and be mobile and enjoy things in moderation, and you should be fine. But again, we just simply don't know, because these things progress and and like you said, eight to fifteen years could be longer, could be less. You mentioned the beginning though Lisa's skinner. When it comes to Alzheimer's, that diagnosis. You know, hey, I forgot where I left my keys, or there's a you know, a task I have to do, or I you know, I'm kind of daydreaming driving and I miss my exit. Stuff like that, and you go, my god, I have I have Alzheimer's. It's getting dementias. It's all over me. I can see it, I can feel it. That's that's just normal aging. Right, how do you start to know where wait a minute, maybe this is beyond normal aging.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's the sixty four million dollar question, and people weighs very heavily on most of our mind. But I'm going to say, just for you know, purposes of keeping it simple, that the frequency of forgetting things and the severity of forgetting things is one sign so normal aging. Forgetfulness. It's periodic. I mean only once in a while that happened. All the things that you've said, there's another transitional stage called mild cognitive impairment, which is a little bit more severe. It happens a little bit more frequently or more frequently than normal aging forgetfulness. And then there is full blown dementia. And if a person has dementia, the underlying cause is a brain disease, and that is where it's progressive, it's irreversible, it's nontreatable. So but not, and this is something that a lot of people aren't aware of. Mild cognitive impairment, which is a little bit you know, the frequency and the severity of the cognitive changes that people are experiencing happen more frequently than with normal aging effect, but a lot of people aren't aware of. It's not every single person who would be classified as having mild cognitive impairments will progress to dementia, because there are conditions like, for example, if you have a sybroid condition, you can be displaying a lot of the symptomology of dementia that's caused by brain diseases. But that's one of the cases where if the thyroid condition is treated or managed, the mild cognitive impairments would probably not progress any farther you just stay in that stage, or it's even reversible because a thyroid disorder is treatable with medications and a variety of other things.
Speaker 1: So it's so gradual that you probably don't notice until it's like, well, wait a minute, you know, I notice there's changes in mood and personality and you start to withdraw, or maybe you're all of a sudden, you used to be the most docile person in the world, and you're cursing and there's there's poor judgment and you're like, wait a minute, something's going on with mom or dad or grandma or grandpa. And at that point you realize a threshold has been crossed. But it's so gradual, I think even loved ones don't know. And we've talked about it again a least the skinner twoth thighs in Alzheimer's, and Alzheimer's is the fifth leading cause of death in the United States. Seven million of us are living with it, and in the next twenty years, for ten years, as a matter of fact, that number is expected to almost double. And it affects women almost twice as much as men at this point, and we've talked about those who have it. But I can't think of many diseases, thank god, Lisa Skinner, that probably could count one hand where it's worse for the caregiver than it is or the patient. This is one of them.
Speaker 4: Absolutely is. That's very true what you're saying. It is probably the hardest job that anybody will ever have to take on caring for somebody that just has lost is lost in their life because of all of the cognitive changes that do happen to a person's brain, everything that you just mentioned. So it's not just about memory loss, it's not just about confusion. It's lose your judgment and your ability to reason things out and be able to follow the sequence of tasks that we've been doing, you know, for decades, just like stepping off a curb into a street, across the streets. I mean, we've been taught that since we were children, and it becomes second nature. First seek you boose that with themnia at some point, so just step off the curb and just walk, regardless of whether a car is coming, you know, headed directly for you, right. So you know, it comes a point where people as they advance into the latter stages of the disease need care twenty four.
Speaker 1: To seven and unfortunately falls in most cases to their their loved ones could be a partner, could be a son or a daughter, family member, where they essentially becomes a full time care where you have to watch them almost and sadly, the word wars of the Alzheimer gets. The more they revert back to like being an infant, they need more and more cares like reverse infancy.
Speaker 4: Right, you know in most cases that's right. And the reason why is because at the mid stage to the end of the disease, the short term memory is constantly and the best word I can think of to describe its short circuiting. So the think of it as having a switch that puts the short term memory on and off, on and off, on and off, and starting about the middle stage of the disease, that short term memory switch is toggling back and forth. So when it's on, their short term memory is functioning. When it's off, they have no short term memory for whatever period of time, and they're regressing back to a previous timeline of their life. Yeah, and that's that's why we see a lot of the symptoms and the behaviors.
Speaker 1: That we do with this with this and it's unfortunate to hear about the good days, and the good days may come and go, and it gives you hope as a caregiver. There's a glimpse of the way they used to be, where they remember stuff and faces. But as it progresses, too, don't you those those days become few and far between. Correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you make your homework.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you know what, here's the thing is, it's an interesting topic. It affects so many of us, but it's also you know, it's starting to become common knowledge. We didn't talk much about Alzheimer's, like, oh, that's just old age, that's what happens to get older. And now it's happening with such increasing frequency. I mean, you know, we're talking about what, by twenty fifty, the number of Alzheimer's patients doubling. Now that may also have to do with better testing and diagnostics, because as you know, we get better at finding things out earlier and earlier and earlier. It doesn't mean it necessarily means happening in more frequency, but we're detecting it earlier and more often, which is a good thing. There's no care for it yet, but in that there's some hope is that we're learning more and more about this disease and where it's coming from. We know it's a blame. You know, it wasn't long ago. We didn't even know what it was caused by. A there's a plaque they can detect that's in your brain. And now at least we can identify the plaque, which gives you hope that well, if you can catch it early enough, can we develop a regiment of course of drugs or treatment or whatever medical intervention it is to stop this in its tracks. I want to believe, much like cancer, that that's going to happen in my lifetime.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, and you know it is. The numbers are increasing exponentially almost It is the fifth bleading cause of death in the United States, but in the Netherlands and Finland and in the UK it's right now it's the number one cause of death for seniors.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you know, you get back to diet and exercise, which Americans are noturially as bad. And I thought, wow, we just keep eating worse and worse. This is why the note rate's gonna double in a few years. But you're telling me countries that traditionally don't eat and live like we do in the Western lifestyle. If they're getting it, that that scares the hell out of me.
Speaker 4: It's a global problem, and I call it the tsunami on its way.
Speaker 3: All of us got.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not that's not exactly uplifting news today. I got to be honest with at least the skinner. But that's the reality though, that that's what we're looking at, as you said, a tsunami here is watching these rates of Alzheimer's increase and not decrease. And you know, we we fought the war on cancer for a while, longer than I've been around, and probably longer than you've been around. And while we're doing better with treatment and diagnosis and catching it, we still having cured cancer. Uh So that that, you know, there's another thing that should scare the hell out of you. The older you get, the more likely that you're going to develop one of these diseases. And at least with cancer, it's worse on the patient than it is the caregiver. Alzheimer's is the exact opposite this. But there are a lot of resources out there, support groups, a lot of information. If you're diagnosed with this or suspected. We've got great care for this in Cincinnati, and that's the best you can do. And there's some drugs that will slow its progression that you can get on as well. Least the skinner truth lies in Alzheimer's, its secret faces. Thanks so much for the time and appreciate you jumping on the show today.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, it's been a pleasure. Have a great rest of your day.
Speaker 1: I think the among the worst diseases right Alzheimer's als MS, but even MS now is treatable and you can live a fairly long life. But they are just ones that make the hair on the back of your next stand up. And that's one for sure.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I know it's Friday. That's going to be a depressing topic for sure, but we'll switch it up on the way. It is Austin elmore, something that has been a part of the sports landscape, and especially so here in Red's Country because we are so baseball centric. After thirty seven years, ESPN Sunday Night Baseball is no more. Did you hear what They're replacing it with? Austin and a little weekend sports preview coming up in seconds here right after news update that's in about five minutes.
Speaker 2: Hang on.
Speaker 1: Scott's Loan returns on seven hundred WLW Busy Friday here WW Scott's Loan show breaking now if you just didn't share this, The Supreme Court has ruled against President Trump and the tariffs. Tariffs are a no go according to the Supreme Court of the United States. No clarity on refunds collected. We're gonna have to pay that back. In a six' to three, vote The Supreme court has ruled against, tariffs saying And trump has fired, back calling the ruling of. Disgrace so this battle will play over the next several. Days we have that going, on and also we have sports going on this Weekend friday Mornin Spring, austin elmore in from our sister, STATION espn fifteen. Thirty he's on at noon With pike With Tony, Pike Pike. Pike we got lots going. On we've Got, olympics we have baseball, starting we have soccer Starting. Austin it's.
Speaker 7: Delicious, yeah this is you, Know february normally feels like it takes. Forever BUT i think with the edition of The Winter, olympics with THE mls season seemingly starting earlier and earlier every, year the Incredible daytona five, hundred that we had the scouting combine coming up next, week and of course tomorrow the return Of Red's baseball out there in The Cactus. League all of a, sudden there's a lot going, on a lot.
Speaker 1: Going On reds And guardians at three o'clock here on seven HUNDRED, ww it will sound like IF i feel like, summer it's fantastic heading into the game's account being preseason all obviously it's spring. TRAINING i Know ces was. Hurt what's his status right?
Speaker 7: Now Terry francona says he expects him to be able to play in some games early next. Week he had been on a running, program so thankfully that injury happened before he had to miss significant time with the, Game SO i think it's really just impacted his. RUNNING i think he'll be back in the lineup early next. Week what do you think the anticipation level is here In reds cuntra for?
Speaker 1: THIS i, mean you, know for a, while it was, like oh my, god they didn't get, anybody and then, boom now it's all, chained and now the vibe feels like can't wait for this to start.
Speaker 7: Up, YEAH i think that The suarez signing really kind of changed the whole vibe of all the. OFFSEASON i think people are starting to remember just how good the starting pitchers can, be and if you add a little bit of offense and continue to go down the path you're going with your starting, pitching it feels, Like, yeah The reds have an. Opportunity WHAT i think is interesting is the rest of The National League central because that's their easiest. PATH i, mean you look At San, Francisco they've spent a lot of, money The San Diego padres have spent a lot of. Money we know who The dodgers. Are The phillies and The mets are going to battle it. Out it's going to be difficult to get to THE Nl Wild card, again much like it was difficult for them to do it last. Year their best, path and the path they should be aiming, for is to win The National League. Central, well The National League central has had a pretty decent offseason as, well everyone except The. Cardinals The cardinals are not trying to, win shame on. Them pittsburgh's had a good off, Season chicago's had a good, Offseason milwaukee hasn't done, much but we know how deep that organization is and how they can just roll out of bed and win eighty five. Games so that's gonna be. Interesting just how big of a leap do The pirates, Take how does that affect The? Reds how bad are The? Cardinals and can The reds continue to play well against The, cubs which they've done over the last couple of.
Speaker 1: Years speaking of, baseball after thirty seven, SEASONS Espn Sunday Night baseball is no. More it's gonna go TO. Nbc but they announced minutes AGO espn has it they're going to counter program is going to be Women's Sports, sundays and right away you go, wild we have not been. Baseball it's. IRRELEVANT i think that's absolutely fair because it's gonna be a lot OF wwnba, Obviously and if you, think, wow that's a mistake on their, part it really.
Speaker 7: Isn't Uh, NO i, MEAN i wouldn't say it is. Now THE wnba is in the middle of a huge labor dispute right now and they're kind of locked out and dealing with some other. Stuff but, YEAH i think people do watch women's, sports AND i think the hockey example. Yesterday, now obviously it's The olympics and it's a different, stage but people do and are gravitating more to women's sports than they ever ever have been in the, past Peoplepecial AND i don't necessarily THINK espn was like we're giving up on baseball as much as it was, like, okay we're just gonna go in a different direction. Here AND nbc really really wanted, it so they they paid the highest price and so they're going to get.
Speaker 1: It and SO i think it's a good.
Speaker 7: Idea it's something difficult over it's something new you can put and they already broadcast all these games to begin. With now you have like a set schedule for people to go and tune in and know where to find. IT i think that's a good. THING i think they're going to turn that into a. Thing you, know it's gonna be a you, know for the. Summer, ANYWAY i think it feels like that that's the want to make It. Sunday so it's.
Speaker 1: Interesting for, sure you GOT fc tomorrow four forty five Against atlanta At. Tuel they came off and won the for nothing four, nil and try to parlay it into a start, tomorrow and you said earlier and. Earlier here we are In february and we have outdoor games In, Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Ohio, YEAH i MEAN i feel, LIKE i, know it starts like Every, FEBRUARY i, guess but it seems like They, yeah it. Does, YEAH i felt like they went down To florida for training camp for like a week and the next, thing you, know the regular season. Started it just all went so fast to, me how the less.
Speaker 1: It's turnting INTO.
Speaker 7: Nascar by the, way it's going to be year round up until this, year they had a pretty similar schedule IN. Nascar it was almost. Identical but, yeah this is a team that continues to have high. Expectations we'll see how they shape up the. ROSTER i think what's interesting About saturday Is Atlanta united just Signed Sergio, santos who was WITH Fc cincinnati for the last couple of. YEARS i don't know if he's going to be playing in the game On, saturday but that's an interesting signing for. Them but you, know there's been a lot of change on the. Roster they looked really good in the dr against an opponent that they were supposed to, beat that they took care of now we'll GET mls play. Started it's not going to be easy for them this. Year The east is still really. Good, yeah but it's. Fine it's a long season. Too it takes a while for teams to. Gel you got some new pleacher believe people come in and fortunately for, them you, know the season is really that's not like THE.
Speaker 1: Nfl it's a long season and they.
Speaker 7: Can, yeah there's time to kind of figure out what you do well and how you want to build your. Team and kind of the theme of F C cincinnati for the last couple of years has been their ability to acquire a player in the season that gives them a boost and kind of gels right at the right. Time, now the other thing is they've been decimated with injuries the last couple of. Years if they can stay healthy and then maybe add that piece or what whoever it might, be or bring somebody, up then it can really be another successful.
Speaker 1: Year The darling Of College Basketball Miami university Of austora twenty six and OH U mass love it so as you and TOMORROW i think You mass, right, uh maybe maybe love.
Speaker 7: It Maybe hey it's a great story and it's. Local well we need. It, YEAH i think the most interesting part, NOW i mean they're favored to win the rest of their. GAMES i know they finished with ou At ou in The battle of The. BRICKS i think they have a game Against Bowling green coming up as, Well SO likeg TOMORROW bg. Tomorrow so, YEAH i mean It's they're. Awesome they're fun to. Watch like you want to talk about offensive, Basketball they're among the most efficient offensive teams in the. Country they fill it, up they find ways to. Win they've overcome, injuries and so the pressure aspect of going, undefeated the pressure aspect of can we afford a misstep and still make the nc doublea, tournament the fact that there's really not that much breathing room between them and the second place team in THE. Mac Akron akron's really good this. Year they were AN ncubaa tournament. Team SO i, think you, know all of that mounting pressure makes for GOOD, tv makes for, interesting an interesting. Watch So i'm excited to see what The RedHawks do.
Speaker 1: Return of THE. MAC i love. It by the, way they Beat UMass On. Tuesday, yes, YES i don't really Follow miami. Basketball at, Closing i'm Like Sarah, lease you would think that she was Just she's going to her like fifth Consecutive miami. Game why because they're twenty six and, Now, yeah she didn't say much about them the last six or seven. Years any bigger front runner than your, Girl Sarah le's FRONT i could think of a couple we talk About miami because, well although you, SEE i mean the three game winning streak in The Big, twelve they've got a. Challenge you got number Eight, Kansas so we'll, see we'll see how that shakes. OUT i, mean there's if they can run the table, here which will be extremely, difficult they could get.
Speaker 7: In, yeah you, know they would have to perform, really really well in The Big twelve. TOURNAMENT i don't necessarily see that. Happening What i'm most interested in now is what happens to Wes miller after this. Season if they do finish the season, strong if they do knock Off kansas this, weekend that would be two top ten wins this season For Wes. Miller they would find a way to get to what eight or nine wins in The Big twelve during the regular, season if they could finish the regular season above five. Hundred, yep it makes me wonder if The hide would would kind of shift if it would swing back in the other direction Where, okay maybe you see wants to keep West miller around because a couple of weeks, ago it felt like this dude was a lane out of the, water like it felt like it was time to move. On AND i said, it AND i still feel like it's time to move on from West. Miller but it's that thing that. Happens this is why coaches get fired early in, seasons is you don't want them to change your mind at the end of the.
Speaker 3: Year and that is a.
Speaker 7: Possibility it's a tall task to go Into kansas and Beat. Kansas BUT i, mean you saw the Way Iowa state played the other night Against. Houston i'm watching that game, thinking how did you see Beat Iowa? State you never know what can. Happen and if they have a night where a day that they can actually score and be efficient on, offense you see has a.
Speaker 1: Chance. Yeah now if they don't and this is over again and, yeah then then we could be talking about coaching changes In. Clifton AND i know THAT Mtt cronin may be looking for a. Job did you just raise your voice at, Me.
Speaker 2: Mick?
Speaker 7: Cronin is IS i don't have anything nice to say About Mick. Cronin that dude is just a miserable. Man it would be the most sense of anything all bringing him.
Speaker 1: Back it would.
Speaker 7: Be and people want to do, that and that's fine if you want to do, that that's. Cool, yeah good luck with. That like people want to do. THAT I ary just.
Speaker 1: Texted reminding us it's our alma, Mater, miami by the, way and she said they played, tonight not. Tomorrow she hasn't been into a game in thirty, years and she graduated like thirty. Minutes she was just there at The man before the, season before this. Year, YEAH i forgot Where oxford. Was, yeah she thought it was In indiana with The Chicago bears when she went to. Schooler she initially she's gone. South she thought she gotta she got accepted To miami Off. Florida thought she was In. Florida, Anyway we'll See sarah On wednesday for The snort. Report what we were, Talking, yeah we.
Speaker 3: Do it's.
Speaker 1: Awesome Mick, cronin by the, Way, yeah it's. Not it's not a good, look, Man.
Speaker 6: No it's.
Speaker 7: Not he's just always complaining about. Something he's always. Miserable he looks like he doesn't want to be there. Anymore he's not winning any. Games she hasn't really done much AT. Ucla he did go to The final four that one, year hasn't done anything. Else he's just. Paid, yeah he's got a twenty two million dollars by paid pretty. Good the MORE i watched that, video the funnier it gets because of how Ridiculous Mick cronin is in the whole, thing and his eyes like. Narrow it was a a stupid, question but his reaction was so out of. IT i don't think it was a stupid. Question it was a relevant. QUESTION i guess they had a PLAYER ucla who transferred From Michigan state and The Michigan state students were all over, him and so he, said what did you think of the student? Section he got his, answer and the guy said, okay and Then mick came back to.
Speaker 1: Him it was miserable coaches do. That, yeah the, Wheels so you know the wheels are coming because he. Can't, yeah he's upset at the score and his team and not the. Reporter but, anyway uh so he got. That we have ill also point out we Have olympics going on and do you know The olympics are. Happening, Yeah i'm. Watching i've got curling on in the. BACKGROUND us women ARE i just saw the. SCORE i think it's five four and.
Speaker 7: Ten by the, way there's no better place to keep up with The Winter olympics than The iHeart radio. APP i, mean you, Know sloan us here At iHeart AND. Nbc we've teamed up for extensive coverage of The Winter. Olympics you can get it all on the any radio.
Speaker 3: App you.
Speaker 1: KNOW i thought you could just get those compelling, podcasts those.
Speaker 7: Two they have Special olympic Pod i'm really in this one called The Todd cast that they're, doing right, really, yeah they just interview people that Named.
Speaker 1: TODD i like. It they did like a whole historical thing On Todd, Frasier they did something With Jerry. Todd they also did A i think the retrospect On Mary Todd lincoln of, course. Unbelievable, Yes so.
Speaker 7: NOW i believe that's going to be eventually a spin off to The Rod, cast and they're going to talk to people Named.
Speaker 2: Rod.
Speaker 1: God they're also going to a little fishing in. There yeah, yeah all, Right so, Anyway Austin Elmore New today ON espn fifteen to Thirty olympic game. Coverage uh as you, Know i'm sick for the, puck sick for the, puck puck and watching THE us women's team come from, behind pulled the, Goalie they flooded the. Zone you could feel like they're gonna. Score but was you know where they're gonna run out of? Time was a question because they they actually they choked for most of that. Game they did not show. Up they were really, tight and then in the last maybe ten minutes roughly and being generous, there they started to get their feet under him and, go, okay we can win this. Thing tied it pulled a, goalie which is. Incredible they wound up scoring a couple of minutes, left take it to, overtime and then the, defenseman their, captain comes In keller and scores a game winning goal in ot propelling THE us women past The canadian team two to one to get the gold. Medal and now eight times the last eight minute times that those two teams and facies are. Austin THE usa is, ended the dreams The.
Speaker 7: Canadians it's, incredible and then we get another chapter coming up for the men's hockey team later this.
Speaker 1: Afternoon but, YEAH i mean.
Speaker 7: That environment, yesterday the tense nature to tie it with two minutes to, go and then to win it relatively quickly in, overtime and the joy on their. Faces and it's just fun to Beat canada at their own. Thing you, Know like if think of the joy if A cfl team knocked off AN nfl, team you see what they would think In. Canada that's the same situation we're going through right.
Speaker 1: Here it's just saying it's like a miracle on ice. Scenario some would say somethinking of which you know WHO i have coming up at eleven oh. Six who's?
Speaker 3: That Ken?
Speaker 1: Morrow you Know Ken morrow Is Ken morrow is a Shift he was in the last shift as The United states men clinched the gold. Medal, WELL i shouldn't say that they had to go and Beat, finland but they beat The soviets in nineteen Eighty miracle On ice team member Bowling Greek State university alumni was share, well not. ALUMNI i think he went to THE nhl right after The. Olympics but, Yeah Ken morris coming. Up we'll talk about Cool olympic hockey in the it's the forty sixth anniversary of Miraicle. ON i so, yeah that's. Neat but imagine if the women won. Gold so the men play, today as you, mentioned The canadian men are going to. PLAY i think they're facing off right. Now as a matter of, fact if those two we could have A Canada usa, REMATCH i would love. It and it's.
Speaker 7: Awesome you, remember right about this time a year ago they faced off in The Four nations face off and that was incredibly. INFORMATION i think it's also interesting, too and you know more about this than, me but The olympic rink is a little bit smaller than THE nhl rink and that has kind of changed the game a little. Bit according to the people That i've been listening, to it's just like the speed and the ability to get to spots a little bit sooner in some of the.
Speaker 1: Physicality that's, interesting but actually a lot so slightly slightly. Bigger so it used to be The olympic but this is the first year that The olympic rink was was massive compared to THE nhl sheet two hundred feet AND i think it was like the THE i think The olympic one was like one hundred feet wives eighty five in THE. Nhl this is a little closer to that this. Year so but but, again these ARE nhl players largely playing in these, mans and so they wanted to closest the. Field so it's a little. Tighter it's not as open because you had to change your style back, then and because there's more, rink you, know and the shirt hitting is a lot, less the contacts a lot. Less but now it feels more like AN nhl, game and that's why it's been so, exciting, right, yeah than what it used to. Be, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah the The olympus is back in the. Day so what do you guys got coming up? Today at noon ON espn fifteen thirty, One may. Ask we've got a. Lot we'll talk To Charlie.
Speaker 7: Goldsmith he's out In, arizona And charlie is just just incredible amount of content that he is pumping out From, arizona from everything from the bullpen to the minor leagues to the starting. Rotation it's. Amazing so we got a lot of red stuff to talk about with. Him we'll also talk To tommy g ABOUT Fc. Cincinnati we'll check in With Moe egger we'll talk about The. Olympics the call From Kenny albert will play For robert all of the.
Speaker 1: Day that's pretty. Good so we got a lot going on all right on A friday. Edition love it, Okay, Austin appreciate you, Buddy thanks. Again news on the way in just. Minutes we have breaking news now three conservative justice have broken With trump on the tariff. Issue The Supreme court is issued a ruling knocking Down trump's, tariff's making them. Illegal now the question is. Reparations how do they pay that money? Back what the hell does this all? Mean and does it mean you can actually afford a fish sandwich for?
Speaker 8: Lent?
Speaker 1: Now those are the biggest questions facing. Us full details in the recap of, news AND i said Ken More olympic champion, himself four Time Stanley cup, winner remember the miracle on. Ice team talks a Little olympic hockey coming up, next with the women winning gold and the men hopefully poised to do.
Speaker 3: So that's on the.
Speaker 1: Way Scott's Loan show home of The red seven hundred wlw Cinnat do.
Speaker 6: You want to be?
Speaker 1: An it's a little tight yesterday thought the YEAR usa women's hockey team was able to capture gold Yesterday. Milan an incredible performance by THE us.
Speaker 2: Women Al haisei asked battle to gainst fresh standers out of the.
Speaker 5: Ice Albert pasper caller.
Speaker 7: Defetsman come schools to the next.
Speaker 6: Color the other two hero The United.
Speaker 1: States let's gold the. GOLD us women Beat canada again to get a gold, medal and the men are playing. Today as a matter of, FACT us takes On slovakia three right, Now canada And finland are going of those two teams win and they advanced to face each other in gold medal match two point. Zero this one for the. Men and of course on this date forty six years, ago this, weekend this happened eleven. Seconds you got ten second thing going on right?
Speaker 2: Now brow.
Speaker 1: You worded his name mentioned in the last, play and that of course Is Ken, morrill gold medal winner nineteen eighty miracle on ice team out Of Mile Ma Mater Bowling Green State, university four Time Stanley cup, CHAMPION Us Hockey hall Of fame and with The islanders are Pro scott and can you welcome to the. Show how you been, Brother i'm.
Speaker 8: Doing, Great. Scott it's always great to be talking. Hockey And olympics with.
Speaker 1: You all, right thank any thanks for. JOINING i know you're super, busy SO i appreciate. It you, know you saw you Saw Quinn hughes score the o, time overtime winner for the men to advance the semis Defenseman Megan, keller defense woman for The United states women's, team she walked her by the. WAY i would, say you, know two defenseman, scoring you got to be pretty, high pretty proud of, that the fact being the. Defenseman normally that doesn't. Happen but who has who has better hands back in the, day you Or Megan? Keller well she does right, now that's.
Speaker 8: THERE i MEAN i. WAS i was more known for my direct passes around the boards and my dumpings more than.
Speaker 1: That so she walked her. DEFENSEMAN i was, like, man that was a.
Speaker 3: Move, wow what a.
Speaker 8: Thrill, yeah, well you know that's a game that will be remembered. Forever AND i, mean how about the dramatic endings in This olympic. Tournament you, know the women's game going to, overtime the gold medal, game and then the three or the four quarterfinal games of the men's the other, Day three of them went into. Overtime, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah and all of, that the fact that the women it has been unbelievably compelling to watch the women and most of those games and you, know they're what three hundred and eighty minutes something shut? Out i'm, insane, Right like sixteen periods of shut out of. Hockey they have a lot up until, yesterday one, goal so two goals and outscore the other team thirty three goals to. Two it almost harkens back to what you guys faced in The dynasty of The, russians of course in nineteen eighty beating The russian men's team and in the miracle ice game that you were In Ken and it feels like that same kind of dominance in at least in This olympics.
Speaker 8: Anyway, well, yes there's a great comparison. There you, know back in nineteen eighty we didn't know it at the, time but you, know we inspired a whole generation of young. Kids they came through in the nineties and turned into big. Stars you, know they won the ninety ninety Six World cup with players Like Bill garen And Keith pitchuk And mike MacDonald And Chris kellison right on down the, line and then all of a, sudden we've got this newer generation that they, inspired and we're watching these these stars and superstars On TEAM usa play right now and then the women's, Game, yes they're they're doing exactly what we did back in nineteen. Eighty there's a lot of young girls out there that are going to start playing hockey because of what they watched ON.
Speaker 3: Tv.
Speaker 1: YEAH i, mean if you think about, it can you and your teammates in eighty are responsible before we are today in the sense is that you, know women's sports was it was, there but it was not. Existent wasn't the late nineties that women's sports started coming on its? Own AND i will say the watching that, game it looked like for THE us women's, team there's like ten of them out there the way they just dominated. Teams and that's all on your, SHOULDERS i would, say.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah and this was by far you know. THAT i, mean we have the teams in the late nineties that want to gold medals there at The olympics With Cammy grenado and they started it. All and now we're, seeing you know, this this newer generation of even better players coming through, now and the pool is a lot deeper for the for the women's, teams and now we're seeing some of these other countries that are becoming very. Competitive so it's just AS i, said it's exploding right.
Speaker 1: Now, YEAH i would say. TOO i, mean at the end of the, day you look at, it and certainly THE nhl is the you, know it's the dog Of North AMERICAN i should Say american sports, Anyways, yeah and it's a, long uphill. Battle a lot of reasons Why americans you, know don't lean in the game of, hockey but it certainly has. Grown and it's all because of what happened in nineteen eighty and now we're you, know we're celebrating women's hockey in addition to the men's, team and it'll be how cool will it? Be by the, way If canada can Beat finland here they're not doing so well right, now but it's. Early if they could win and THE us men, advance and now we have for the men's gold, medal It's CANADA usa two point. ZERO i can't think of it more.
Speaker 8: Thrilling, anyhow, well we got a taste of it with The Four nations. Tournament, yeah, yeah, right the way it captured the country and, YEAH i mean we're seeing the best players in the world on the biggest stage in the world right. Now and people have to remember With olympic, hockey it's not like the basketball, tournament you, know where you have a couple of powers and that's about. It in, hockey you've got, six, seven eight countries that are that are powers in. Hockey so the games don't get any. EASIER i know we like to pick favorites in this, country but right, NOW i, Mean canada is in a. Fight THE us is going to be in a fight later this.
Speaker 1: Afternoon, yeah, Yeah canada's really fighting it out. Right by the, way Bo horvat plays For Team canada if they do indeed face The. Americans, uh were you aside on? That When camy' is An, islander he's one of your. Guys, yeah how does that work for?
Speaker 8: You you can here for, yeah you. CAN i MEAN i here for him to have some individual, success but, yeah IT'S usa all the way for.
Speaker 1: Me, well the guys just. Scout i'm, LIKE i don't know we can root against. Him that's a. MAYBE i don't know if you're going to Go Mick cronin on me there for a second with your, Answer i'm not, sure but what do you what do you make a?
Speaker 8: Thing by the, Way by the, way he's having a terrific us with The islanders and he's, become you, know one of our leaders.
Speaker 1: There and right now with the with the The olympic, break you guys are holding still holding the playoff. Spots so and you, know if you if you, enjoyed this is your new to hockey WATCH nhl playoff or watch the games down the, stretch but particularly the postseason IN, nhl there's nothing like.
Speaker 8: It, yeah we've had a good season so, far NOT, knao and we're a fun team to. Watch you. Know we we had you, know something amazing happened In may AND i was fortunate to be a part of. It we won the draft lottery and we get this young kid that just barely turned eighteen years old Named Matthew shaffer and he's already a big star in the league at eighteen years, old and it looks to be a future. Superstar and you, know the fortunes of our franchise changed In, may and you, know joining an already good team and so it's just been a lot of fun to.
Speaker 1: Want it's been a long drought in the playoffs but Certainly Stanley Cup. Championships he won four, straight which is absolutely. Incredible In olympic, hockey the. Overtime what do you make of the three on three over? Time are you old? School going? On you, know twenty, minutes all players on the, ice everybody plays a three on. THREE i, mean It's i'm not a huge. Fan it's exciting for the fans of the shootout in THE nhl in the regular, season but three on three for all The marbles and The. Olympics what do you make of?
Speaker 8: That you, Know i'm old school and a lot of, things BUT i like. IT i do like. It and here's the reason Why i've watched over time since it was, INCORPORATED i don't, know back in the early two, THOUSANDS i think in pro, hockey AND i just see the excitement of the fans when they're watching. It it's just tremendous hockey to, watch when these these skilled players have all this open. Ice And i'd much rather see a game decided three on three than in a. Shootout i'm not a fan of the soccer shootout, right AND i, like you, know to get a game, decided you have, to you, know pair down the, numbers to three on. Three if you go five on, five you could be playing another sixty minutes of. HOCKEY i, MEAN i remember playing in a four overtime games with The New York. Islanders you know that was an extra two hours of hockey to decide in overtime. Game. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah and it's just so tight and, yeah it's LIKE i, mean it's exciting to. Watch AND i think it favored THE us women particularly, too because of the speed element that they. Had but we'll see how this. Plays i'd imagine the men's game if, again you, know you don't want to look past it because everyone thought by the, way you, know speaking of looking past, things you know something about this ken because you, know you beat The russians. Everything oh, yeah they won the gold. Medal no they. Didn't you had a whole other game to play after, that.
Speaker 8: Exactly AND i don't know that a lot of people know. It everybody knows they're on ice game And, Soviets but you, know the way it was set up back then was a little. Different right, now the way The rockets, work they have two semi final games and a final with the two. Winners, well back in our, day back in nineteen eighty they had a medal, round and so we carried in points from the preliminary. Rounds so when we went into the medal round with the four, teams The soviets already had two points because they had won their ex or their preliminary game Against. Finland we carried in one, Point sweden carried in one, point In finland carried. None so even though we had beaten The, soviets there was still a chance that if we hadn't Beaten finland on That sunday, morning that we may not have won any medal at.
Speaker 1: All, yeah and it wasn't like you guys Role. Finland and there's the famous among many Famous Herb brooks, quotes of, course you know in the room there in the second em if you lose, this you'll take it to your graves and he turns around and goes to your.
Speaker 8: Bleep in f in.
Speaker 1: Graves and we saw that in the Movie, miracle WHICH i think it's cool that a lot of the younger, players the men and the women for that, matter grew up watching that. Movie they really know about the eighty team seen it. Live of course they weren't, born but they've all watched a miracle a million. Times and remember that was that realistic in what he said in the?
Speaker 8: Movie, yeah it. Was, Yeah, yeah you don't, forget you, know after giving this great after giving this great motivational. Speech you, know before The russian, game you were born to be a, player you were meant to be. Here this is your moment to yes is coming into the locker room at the end of the second. Period we were down to one and if you lose this, game you'll take it to your bleeping. Grave and as the guys talk, about you, know he wasn't a swearing, man so, yes you, know Bus SCHNEIDER i think was quoted as, saying we knew what he. Meant you, know we knew what he was trying to get. Across how does?
Speaker 1: That how was something like that go?
Speaker 6: Over?
Speaker 1: Ken how's that something go over in the? Room remember we saw the reaction in the, movie but like you, personally when we dropped that line and he, swore which he doesn't, swear and he did, that it's, like did that put more pressure on?
Speaker 8: You did?
Speaker 1: It what's your reaction as a professional athlete to?
Speaker 8: That, no you, know here's a great. Story our assistant Coach Craig patrick was standing outside the locker. Room i'd never heard the story until a couple of years, ago and he Said herb came up to him at the end of the second. Period, again we're down to to, one And herb, Says, craig you got to go into the room and.
Speaker 2: Talk to the.
Speaker 8: Guys they're just now listening to. Me So craig, says he turned, around stepped into the room and he said he got two words. Out he, said, hey, guys and he. Said everybody was up on their, feet jumping up and. Down jack, O'Callahan i, think turned to him and, Said, craig get the heck out of. You there's no way we're losing to a bunch of. Fins So craig, said he turned out, around walked back out and said how did it? Go he, SAID i think went. Okay so having said, that, yeah we were you, know we had this group of you, know character. Guys all these guys on our team had been captains and saw and we knew what was in front of, us and our proudest moment through the whole two week tournament was that third period and came out and just blew him out of the.
Speaker 1: Water, yeah, yeah you turned you turned it on and kind of like the women did, yesterday you, know they they came out pretty, flat and they were flat for most of that, game and then you could tell the tide was starting to turn midway a little bit more than midway through that third period with THE us women And kennedy, yesterday and they spent a lot of time In there's one and finally pull a goal and wind up scoring with a couple of minutes, left the, tying the one that sent TO ot and then The ot. Winner so the low parallels.
Speaker 8: There, yeah, well credit To. Canada they played a really long game and you, know THE us was the better team going into the, game but it kind of shows you what can happen when a team really buckles down and gets some good. Goaltending so, hey you, know THE us came through with the heart of a champion with the way they came back and won that.
Speaker 1: Game, yeah it's so fun to Watch Ken, morrill member of the nineteen Eighty miracle On ice, team joining The scotsland's here show here on seven hundred W allw with the men playing this. Afternoon canada in a game right now Against. Finland they're down to the first. INTERMISSION i don't want to ruin it for you, here but it's still. Early a lot of hockey left to be played, there so, uh it is an incredible story and one that is going to be absolutely. Timeless would this be if if the women win, goal the men win? Gold let's, say is that the pinnacle OF us? Hockey do you think you have the men and the women both gold medal? Champions, WELL i.
Speaker 8: Think you would have to say, so, yeah, YEAH i, mean you, know they'll let's you, know there'll never be another nineteen. Eighty i'll first of, All i'll say, that you, know the way it's been, remembered the way it will always be. Remembered there's no as Al michael, said what could top? That? Nothing, nothing you, know but That having said, that, yes this would be the. Pinnacle THE us has been building towards this for many. Years you, know we've we've become a superpower on the hockey, stage and this would just Be, yeah this would top it all.
Speaker 2: Off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, YEAH i, mean these are professional, players but it's the world's best athletes going at. IT i know there's something and these days when we talk ken about nil money and all that but you, know at the end of the, day it's about watching the best athletes perform at the peak level of their. Sports and we'll see that with in other sports as, well where professional athletes are allowed to. Play because for the longest, time you, know and this is the knock on The olympic committees from THE, usa is, that you, know The russians we mentioned the, beginning The soviets for a long time had professional grown men playing a boys, sport and that's why they just dominated as long as they did. That this is more compelling to me than.
Speaker 8: That, yeah, well, hey you, know The olympics are the pinnacle in the sports, world AND i think you, know you have a lot of these, players let's, say all these hockey players that have played For Stanley, cups that have played for world. Championships this is on another. LEVEL i think they're finding that out guys that haven't had this. Experience all you got to do is just look at their, faces you, know of all these, athletes the, pride the, exhilaration sometimes the heartbreak that comes with The, olympics it's just, yeah it's it's a sporting event unlike any.
Speaker 2: Other.
Speaker 1: Yeah ken mooreforean to let you. Go there are many people in the world who have won a gold medal and also won in your case For Stanley cup rings as. Well is there something AND i play off hockey's the, greatest but is there something that the camp be? Replicated even with A Stanley cup run that you got out of The. Olympics, BOY i you, KNOW.
Speaker 8: I can't think of, anything you, Know I've i've so fortunate to be able to compare the two experiences of winning and gold medal and then winning A Stanley, cup and at least in the hockey world that you, Know i've as you, SAID i was the only one for a long time that had that had won. Both and then when players come, in there's been some other. Players but let's help we can see some SOME us, players players that pull that feet.
Speaker 1: Off all, Right, Well, kenny thanks for.
Speaker 6: THIS i.
Speaker 1: APPRECIATE i know you're you're probably talked out about, it but MAYBE i mean this time every year people blow you, up but especially The. Olympics BUT i so appreciate taking time out of your schedule to chat here In.
Speaker 8: Cincy always fun to talk. Hockey Thanks, pal.
Speaker 1: Take, Care thank, You Ken, Morrow Stanley Cup champion nineteen to eight Ol miracle on ice Team Bowling green. Alumni what's not to love about all? That it's pretty. Exciting, yeah if you're just into the sport now and, going, wow this is pretty this is pretty. Good you, know we've got great hockey with The cyclones here locally if you want to watch it. Live but also you know THE nhl second season is about to start and there's there's really nothing. Better so you talk about, playoffs it is something to see for. Sure let me get a time out. In we Got Allie martin in the way local loop of, course because we're keeping it. Lighter we got some heavy stuff, happening actually breaking news this, morning and we'll get more And i'm Sure willie's going to get more in this this little time to chat up on. It i'll get back on it A. Monday and, that of course is The Supreme court striking Down trump's. Tariffs huge. News we'll get a full recap as this story is just developing here on seven HUNDRED. Wlw All, right.
Speaker 5: The weekends coming, up and you need to make the most.
Speaker 1: Event where to go and what to.
Speaker 5: Do she has the tips and insight to help you make it a super. Weekend so listen. Up this is the Local loop With ali mart on seven HUNDRED. Wlw good, morning how are? You good?
Speaker 9: Morning the weather is, nice so we'll take that as a double for much.
Speaker 1: Longer, YEAH i, know well last night was kind of, nasty lightning and, thunder and well the snow's, gone so that's.
Speaker 2: Good oh.
Speaker 6: YEAH i tried to sleep with my windows open and get the breeze going BECAUSE i have one of those you'll being a home construction, DUDE i have one of those old buildings THAT i live in where it's either acy or.
Speaker 1: It's either heat the window air.
Speaker 9: Conditioner so, well, yeah there's no there's no middle ground.
Speaker 6: Here so once it gets into this weird gray area of like it's, muggy SO i like maybe could run just a little bit.
Speaker 9: Of cool air for a.
Speaker 6: Time, yeah, yeah it doesn't. Exist So i'm sitting there just drenched and sweat.
Speaker 1: IT i will say it was a little. STICKY i cracked the door for a little last. Night go, wow it just it gets that weird. Teperure you can't get it. Right, no you go from freezing inside to now your, sweating, going what the hell's going? On it ain't gonna take much as cold as it's been for us.
Speaker 9: To you, Know i'll take it. Though if i'll Take i'll take my.
Speaker 6: Walk oh you're not here for the weather. Forecast let's give the. Rundown there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Going there is a whole lot, going a lot of sports going. On we got The reds in action In. Arizona we've GOT fc, opening, yes.
Speaker 6: Yeah well and technically what this is their second game because they were on the road the other day which they won AGAINST o and M fc.
Speaker 1: In The dominica copp or. Whatever that was yeah for yeah.
Speaker 9: For, Nothing so we'll take.
Speaker 6: It but it is our home home opener happening This saturday on the twenty, first four thirty is kickoff time Against Atlanta UNITED, fc which is you.
Speaker 9: Know this is this Is god.
Speaker 6: Time if you're going to the, game here are some things and some rundown that you might want to hit up before you go into the. Match So Washington, park you got to hit Up Washington. Park they always have the live, music food. Trucks they do inflatable soccer. Games they have this UH Fc cincinnati inflatable. Slide kids and dogs are. Welcome it's all themed out so and because that this is the homeown home, opener it's.
Speaker 9: Going to be a.
Speaker 6: Party Samuel Samuel adams the tap room right down the. Street that's also a really good place to have a kickoff party and spend some time before going into. It and you, know maybe you don't even want to go into the into the stadium and you just want to watch it.
Speaker 9: Somewhere AND i love the.
Speaker 1: Idea he's, like, yeah and bring your dog with. You, well what do you do when you go to the? Game you just leave it at.
Speaker 3: Here's a.
Speaker 1: Thing i'm sure the dog will be back.
Speaker 6: There imagine if sporting events were dog, Friendly, WELL i guess there is at the. Park at the park and, CYCLONES i think they do. SOME i don't think asah that.
Speaker 9: Dog you could put that dog.
Speaker 3: In a your.
Speaker 1: Point you can probably bring your dogs on the ice for a. SKATE i don't know the most cyclone thing. Ever, sure why?
Speaker 6: Not you can sit in the box, well and they could do that at The reds because they're not selling all the tickets so there's a.
Speaker 9: LOT i don't want to be the one who has to manage those. Puppies but the.
Speaker 6: Other big hitter FOR Fc cincinnatis every, year right And reds do. This they all do, this a new rollout of food and the. Staples and IF i had to pick any stadium and any sporting event to go to to nom and it's gonna be ALWAYS Fc. Cincinnati their lineup of food no matter, what is, incredible so. Solid and this year they have some new. Items they have An olympico, burger which is smoked pimento, cheese, bacon and a pretzel bun and anything with a pretzel.
Speaker 9: Bun you got, Me i'm sold.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a fresh pretzel buno because if you have a stale pretzel, Bun.
Speaker 9: I'm right there AND i will say it can't be overly salt.
Speaker 1: Preels you got a really short window with pretzel.
Speaker 9: Buns, pretzel but if you can do it, Right how do you feel about pimento.
Speaker 1: CHEESE i don't mind. It, Yeah i'm there for.
Speaker 6: It you're, There, Yeah, yeah it's a, burger, bacon pimento, cheese second pretzel.
Speaker 9: Bun that's one of the. Items they.
Speaker 6: Have korean chicken, Wings buffalo chicken. Nachos they Have getta, sliders get.
Speaker 9: Nachos.
Speaker 6: See but here's the other beef THAT i have with nachos is if you don't layer the, nachos like when you go to The reds, game, Right so you get the helmet of nachos and it's just a bunch of chips on the bottom of the bowl with crappy cheese.
Speaker 9: Drenched it's all about. Layers if you.
Speaker 1: Don't, layer do it, right and hopefully the melted cheese not just the liquid. Cheese different cheese is going on.
Speaker 9: HERE i want a FIVE i want a five cheese nacho.
Speaker 1: Plo all going, right AND i want it layered, properly so each bite is goodness with salsa or chicken or it has maybe beans on it or something like.
Speaker 9: That are you chicken or pork?
Speaker 1: Nachos, yeah, Pork i'd get all.
Speaker 6: Three there you, go five, cheese all three. Meats i'm all hold the sour, cream, girly but you, know to each their. Own so those are some of the other. Options and then you yeah again you have your Local getta, sliders which finally get some deviled.
Speaker 9: EGGS i had a soccer. Game why not jerk chicken. Bowl i'm here for. That you, know the lineup is.
Speaker 1: Incredible to get that jerk Chicken ball is at The Freemium. Club oh, okay yeah.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 9: Don't get too.
Speaker 6: Excited and then they're also launching for some cocktails that they're bringing In sway By Matt tree and Then Ryan.
Speaker 9: Geist, Yeah tafts and enough there.
Speaker 1: To be able to you, know they can do. It they can scale that for that size. CROWD i, mean to be. Different you can't do the pay core you, know reds maybe for a, game but you don't know what size crowd's going to show up. There it's pretty it's gonna sell out and you've, got, yeah a couple teny. Six it's the perfect crowd for.
Speaker 9: That perfect crowd for.
Speaker 6: It AND i will SAY i THINK Se cincinnati is probably one of the best sporting events for kids and just. Families it is really family oriented minus the. Dog figure that out and leave it at.
Speaker 1: Home But i'll Someday i'll bring your dog To, No i'm.
Speaker 6: SURE i, mean there's always those kitchy themed events that, okay just gott to lean into. It, Okay so that's happening this, weekend and if, not just watch it and support. Them done closer to where you, are big new restaurant that's just. Open have you heard of this whiskey.
Speaker 1: Yard, yeah but it's At Liberty.
Speaker 6: Center Liberty, Center, yeah used to be in the old Rusty. Bucket so it's this modern global bestro and whiskey. Bar it's a scratch, kitchen which we, love so they're making everything from. Scratch it's a live piano. Bar it's also open seven days a, week which you don't see very. Often it's hard to find a good spotct, today seven day it's a.
Speaker 9: Bowl move, here we are everyone's. Et on A, monday they, go all, right you can go to go here on A.
Speaker 6: Monday they have a whiskey, library whiskey library of over two hundred to three hundred plus bourbon scratches and whiskeys from all around the. World it's a pretty large, space, right forty six hundred square feet and when you walk into this, spot almost every corner and every nook and cranny of this space it feels like a piece of art and the people behind. It so this is an epic brands got, it Barn, Rest transgabi And Rye Tokyo, PIE i mean gallery and chef literally their world Class, yes oh this this chef has thirty plus years of international experience that they brought, in so you're getting the best of the. Best not only is the space a piece of, art the food itself is almost so. Pretty it's one of those spots where it's, like DO i have to the camera eats, first so you're always gonna take a.
Speaker 9: Photo so, smart smart move on their. End but it's also so.
Speaker 6: Good the vibes, moody it's really it's more luxurious compared to their. Operands they brought In moroccan tile and it's just kind of, smodern super. Bougie but some of the standout, dishes that's what we're here to talk. About they have This asian boo beef bun so like have you ever had? Those balbus so so so good. POUTINE i also read what some other people had to say in regards to personal experience of their. Poutine chef's kiss so so good. Muscles didn't have a chance to have, that but still really. Good pasta's they do all homemade. Pastas, Yeah i'm here for this This, yeah main lobster ver. Zoto, okay not mad about it all. Right also staple highlight is they do a six ounce center cut fullet and it's with this, espresso peppercorn demi and like a hickory smoke. Reveal it's they you know when you have a smoked old fashion and you lift the.
Speaker 9: Lid they do the same thing for the file at.
Speaker 8: Very very.
Speaker 6: Good so highly Recommend scotch espresso. Martinis they do A japanese whiskey. Sour the list goes.
Speaker 9: On it's just eclectic and it's different and it would be a great date night.
Speaker 6: Spot it's a great. Spot only Since february. Eighth Ok so this is brand new Whiskey, Yard Whiskey yard In Liberty center where the old rusty.
Speaker 1: Bust Bucket center, yep okay got its ye so check that out all. Right sounds like a big menu, too different from Bow buns to it's very.
Speaker 9: Good, YEAH i don't know the. Production it's a.
Speaker 1: SHOW i get little nervous about. This it's, like, okay focus on something really. Good you, know you're Going, French, French, Italian, Italians mexican. Food usually it's like the Cheesecake factory or they're trying to do eight million. Things but it's it's they're doing, it but it's.
Speaker 6: Good they're doing, it but it's, good and you, know maybe they can swing. It epic, brands they have, experience you.
Speaker 1: Know what they're doing the hell yes on that hell.
Speaker 6: Yes and they hired over one hundred people for this, spot so they've got all hands on.
Speaker 9: Deck and my guess is it's it's it's. Popping so that's brand.
Speaker 6: New and, also did you hear about the celebrity chef sushi spot coming to? Me, yeah so Chef Makoto, akua he's opening a place Called suzu In madisonville and this is also going to be a pretty big. Spot it's going to be A japanese restaurant seating over two hundred. People madisonville is kind of becoming this, hip higher end cuisine, area which is.
Speaker 9: Great, Yeah Edo mamme style.
Speaker 6: Sushi so it's a two hundred year Old tokyo technique where fish is cooked or cured by hand before serving rather than just serving it.
Speaker 9: Raw but allegedly this guy is a pretty big deal and it's gonna be coming to our. City So i'm excited to see what that's all.
Speaker 6: About and it's gonna be Near medpace like on the Mid cap okay by A Laura element Food element eatery that Food hale.
Speaker 1: Okay some to just keep your eye.
Speaker 2: On very.
Speaker 1: Good i'm happy with, that but.
Speaker 9: If you want something, Now, Also Sincati Chili week is Happening february twenty.
Speaker 1: Three we tend to go unless you live in the, neighborhood, Right it's, like, Okay, skyline Gold, star and then there's the, well the what's the right?
Speaker 9: Camp washington's always MIND.
Speaker 1: I, know but people do, okay well, yeah.
Speaker 6: And it's and again the Gold star is always, like, well yeah we have, chili but we're not just. Chili go for the, burgers just, saying but, Yeah Cincinnati Chili, week let's celebrate all things.
Speaker 9: Chili so this is a full.
Speaker 6: Week you can get five to seven dollars chili deals and a lot of the times, ideally these spots also kind of flare up some of their dishes and some of their their menu items for this. Week if you download The Cincinnati Chili Chili week, app you can see all of the participating. Restaurants there's over twenty five spots on, it and this is your chance to win gift up to three hundred to six hundred dollars in gift cards from some of these. Places if you are participating and you check in So, skyline Gold, Star Camp, Washington, Price Haled, Chili Blue Ash, Chili Dixie, empress even places like Fifty west right they have, chili The brax And Barrel, House Northern Row Killer chili and Nor Row High. Wark the list goes, on so you could check that, out digging, it digging it Big fan and, yeah it's it's run Until march.
Speaker 1: First so you start running chili, game, going, okay well There's Camp, Washington price Sal chili obviously In Blue Ash chili's pretty. GOOD i Like Blueish chili. Myself Dixie. Chili, yeah it's like the Chili favors spot. THERE i mean to go to voice is gonna Be, Skyline BUT I i really DID i think something About Blue Ash. CHILI i really like their. Chili, Yeah Blue Ash, chili solid. CHILI i just, WELL i guess it's closer to you where you. Live it's making the trip.
Speaker 8: Up what was?
Speaker 9: Me it's making the trip up To Blue ash, too.
Speaker 1: Right but you've got plenty of chili parlors where you, are too. Right oh, YEAH i walk the Sky Camp Washington so all, right FINALLY i know we want to get to some fish fry. Stuff, YEAH i.
Speaker 9: Don't it's also tis this.
Speaker 6: Season it's Greater Cincinnati's ultimate guide actually A Cincinnati inquirer if you are every year they do a good job with. This they have this big map that showcases all Of cincinnati's fish fries' tiss The lenten.
Speaker 1: Season that's we're the Most. Catholic Were catholic af.
Speaker 6: Here and yeah we were the epicenter what was it by like eighteen Forty all of The catholics Were German germans and came abroad and here we are and McDonald's on The North Bend.
Speaker 9: Road they were the original fish file at.
Speaker 1: Locations do you know what the alternate was going to? Be you know that whole? Story, no you know what they. Tried they did not believe that the file a fish Would it was terrible AND i, said, okay we'll have a. Contest the McDonald's thought, that AND i think it Was Ray kroc, thought you know, what it's gonna be a grilled pineapple slice on a. Butt oh, yeah, interesting, yes grilled pineapple. Sandwich and he, said why don't we do a Fing, okay we'll try. It and of course they wanted to sell tens of thousands of fish sandwiches and people went pineapple sandwhich is. Stupid, yeah that is.
Speaker 9: Stupid there's no, protein there's what are you?
Speaker 1: Doing so that's why we have the fly fish and not the mc. Pineapple this is what they could do The.
Speaker 6: Miebob what if they did a ham sandwich with with a pineapple ring on. It that'd be, great except that has what is you can't have? Hand i'm Just i'm not talking about because you're, Fineapple you're not turning.
Speaker 1: Out you know how lent, works, Right i'm a.
Speaker 9: Great Catholic catholic clearly not practicing.
Speaker 1: A good good. Model there's, like oh, YEAH i can't have ham On. Friday we ever gonna go break? Up break it? ALL i say, So, yeah that's very. Cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah so some spots that you, know check your your Local catholic church of. Course, Yeah arnold And. Barr they have a killer fresh fish fry and they do This german beer special with it and they'll have live poke music Every friday from five to.
Speaker 9: Nine So arnold does a.
Speaker 6: Standout if you're looking to celebrate in another, spot WHICH i know you'll appreciate this that popped up on my feet the other day is the.
Speaker 9: Pony they took a photo of their fish and chip. Situation.
Speaker 1: HUGE i don't.
Speaker 9: KNOW i gotta go and check it. Out but it looks so.
Speaker 1: Good so here's the story with the pony AND. Otr so it's got From buffalo that right right bills bar and so you can get like authentic chicken wings. There beefin weck is pretty. Good that's hard to. Do but also the what you're talking about. There so the fish they use up in The Great legs is haddock and it is just like one of the Kid we had a fish fry On, friday and the piece of haddock is always like it's literally like a. Raft it's it's not. Caught it's.
Speaker 9: Huge, yeah it's pretty big in the.
Speaker 1: Basket it's.
Speaker 9: Big, see that's what we need to bring.
Speaker 6: Here so overseas to fish and chips where you go overseas To london and you get the fish wrapped in the, paper pretty.
Speaker 1: Good we need that's. Legit we need that's a. Legit And i've had the authentic there and it was LIKE i get it. Now the beer was, phenomenal phenomenal for a fish. Fry me, Too, YEAH i let it for a fish. Fry all, right so, yeah get your favorite. Out what's what's your ultimate favorite for a?
Speaker 3: Fish where do you?
Speaker 1: Go if you're gonna, go you.
Speaker 9: Know Probably.
Speaker 6: Arnold's that's WHY i started with, that just BECAUSE i like the. WHOLE i think the pony could sway. Me it used to, be but then ONCE covid, hit change.
Speaker 1: The fish, right and the fish has gotten really. Expensive like everything is. Crazy it's a lot OF i, know a lot of churches a getting squeezed because of the. Pricing, yeah well that's rough. Fishing, Okay So Allie, martin it's a local loop this morning on seven HUNDRED w whateverty everything to, see do and eat In. Cincinnati AND i will also point out my Furry valentine is happening if you're looking to get you A i don't, know a whole basket of puppies and dogs and cats and whatever you want you're. Lonely Sharonville Convention center this weekend or, no it's is it convention?
Speaker 6: Center for?
Speaker 1: YES i thought it was always at The Sharonville Convention. Center Spooky Nex sports In. Hamilton oh it's In. Hamilton, Wow, okay there you. Go so not the aforemant my.
Speaker 9: Bad, actually well, yeah it's autopilot. Right over the last ten years it's been at.
Speaker 1: The Show Dog make a friend For god's, sakes, anyway think you've been to see? You Alie Martin Local loop on seven HUNDRED wlw get. Her her handle is At Ali martin The number eight and at The Good drama her channel on YouTube as. Well news on The way, next have yourself a Weekend scott flowing Back monday, morning nine oh six on The home of The. Reds we have baseball this weekend on seven HUNDRED Wwt cincinnati