Speaker 1: Level for another set. Who could do it.
Speaker 2: Lightly day another.
Speaker 1: Like the best player we've ever seen. Welcome in to a playoff edition of Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 2: It's a whole new season.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame look at the world champion l A.
Speaker 2: Dodgers show road still goes through Las. Is not a shot musium position.
Speaker 1: If you want to come, now, your host walking you up to first pitch. Golden, my god, it's tim case.
Speaker 2: Oh everybody hand, Welcome in to.
Speaker 3: My Rongo Casino Dodgers on deck as your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Back at it on this Thursday afternoon. Quick turnaround after a Game three last night out of Dodger Stadium. Today a pivotal Game four of this National League Divisional series. As the Dodgers still hold on to a two two games to one lead in this best of five series, they'll send Tyler Glass now to the mound in search of a win. The Dodgers do not want to go back to Philadelphia for a Game five on Saturday. Want to take care of business today. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at three Toho eight. Between then and now, we got a lot to cover here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck, you are going to hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts his pregame thoughts coming up in just a little bit. We'll preview this pitching matchup with Tyler Glass now going for the Dodgers. Christopher Sanchez the leftander on the mound for the Phillies, who we saw in Game one. David vass Our, Dodger insider, joins us throughout the hour, TV goes one on one with Jeff Francore, who you hear on TBS calling this NLDS series.
Speaker 2: We got your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 3: Shortly we'll go live to the field with Sports and net LA's Kirsten Watson to get you the very latest and in just a few minutes out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth and here from Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: As I said, a lot to get to over the next sixty minutes.
Speaker 3: Here before for first pitch of Game four of this NLDS. Well last night at the Ravine, the Dodgers had a chance to close things out with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. He'd go four innings for the Dodgers and turned it over to the bullpen the rest of the way. The Dodgers offense did not do much against Aaron Nola, who won two innings just one hit, struck out three along the way. They brought in rangers swore as after that and in the third Tommy Edmund greeted him with the blasts.
Speaker 1: So where is kicks and fires? Edmund jumps on.
Speaker 4: It pit well the left field, his balls back in.
Speaker 1: This ball is gone.
Speaker 5: Tommy Edmund and.
Speaker 4: Bush's rangers for us, and the Dodgers had the first lead.
Speaker 2: In Game three. Tommy Tanks came to play Tommy Edman with the home run.
Speaker 3: That's the top tier player of the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less a lot to be excited about, as the Dodgers had that one nothing lead until they didn't in the top half of the fourth inning. Yoshinobu Yamamoto didn't have this greatest stuff last night, but he battled in the fourth though fell behind to Kyle Schwarber, who then absolutely unloaded two balls.
Speaker 6: No strikes the pitch, and Schwarber just tied the game a no doubt home run.
Speaker 4: Heads up in the Philly bullpen, heads up in the top of the pavilion. That was an absolute bomb from Kyle Schwarber, his first hit in twenty two at Bets Tis Game.
Speaker 2: Three at one.
Speaker 4: Hole my one of the longest home runs you will see at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he crushed at four hundred and fifty five feet over the pavilion in right. That tied the game at one and things just continue to unravel the rest of the way. Two more and he runs across in the fourth inning as the Phillies took a three to one lead. Believe it or not, the Dodgers had opportunities just one for seven with runners in scoring position. They had opportunities throughout to get back into this game, which really got away from him in the eighth inning. Second inning of work for Clayton Kershaw. He threw twenty four pitches in the first inning, comes back out in the eighth inning and gives up a five spot in the top half of the eighth That made it an eight to one game ball game over. After that, the Dodgers did score a run in the bottom of the ninth on a Tommy Edmond RBI single. He drove in both runs for the Dodgers, who saw show Hey Otany go oh for five, toy Oscar Hernandez go oh for four, Freddie Freeman go oh for four. Andy pat has an oh for night before he was pulled late in the game. The Dodgers offense needs to wake up. They need to come alive here in Game four against Christopher Sanchez is The Dodgers still have a two games to one lead in this best of five series. Game four, the NLDS coming up Tyler Glass now on the mound, first pitch at three to oho eight. It's an early one with more than head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 6: Well tim Kats are back at Dodgers Stadium a Thursday afternoon, a three to zero eight start. It is different, but the postseason is different, and this series Rick Monday has a different feel to it coming to the park today. But we acknowledge that going into Game three, these short series, they can get tight, they can get uncomfortable in a hurry, and so the Phillies with their backs against the wall through a couple of haymakers last night to keep their season alive, but the Dodgers still just one went away from the LCS.
Speaker 7: What was your feeling come to the artist, Well, first of all, I was hoping I wouldn't see you today, to be honest with it, and that was a feeling for everyone. As you and I walked out of the ballpark last night, we were telling all the Dodger employees that we see on a daily, nightly basis, Hey, we hope we don't see you tomorrow. But that's the case. So the Dodgers are back here, they have to play better baseball very quickly. If you're looking at the Phillies last night their big turnaround, they did not expand the strike zone to the point that they only had four strikeouts.
Speaker 5: You know, including.
Speaker 7: Postseason play, the Phillies have played one hundred and sixty five games. They've only had four strikeouts or less in sixteen of those games, including last night. They did a much better job in selecting pitches than what the Dodgers did. And the Dodgers missed a golden opportunity in the very first inning after the one out triple by Mookie Benz. So you got runner at third and just one out and did not score, and that may have been a sign of things to come, and what came was not real pleasant.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Really, the Phillies go as Kyle Schwarber goes, and the top of their order Turner Schwarber and then Harper. Those three combined last night were seven to thirteen with three extra base hits, and two of those were home runs by Schwarber. Philadelphia is thirty eight and twelve when Kyle Schwarber leaves the art and he was a loss for the last several games, and he found it on one swing last night, when of the longest home runs we've seen in Dodgers Stadium history, and that gave the Philly clubhouse life and so much that they admitted that after the game talking to the media after Schwarber's home run, it was the epiphany that they said to each other, we're back. And so now the Dodgers have to contend with the Phillies. We expected going into this Division series. And I think if you'd ask any going into the LDS, hey would you take a two to one series lead, you would have one hundred out of one hundred people would have said yes. And so that's still the situation that they have here today, and so they have Tyler Glassnell well. And I really believe that this is his opportunity to kind of cement himself as a Dodger because he's missed a lot of time with injury over these last two seasons, did not participate in the postseason. A year ago, they traded for him and they extended him for nights like tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, he's fresh. And if you look at all the pitchers, I mean he's fresh. If you look at the other side of Christopher Sanchez made thirty two starts and he pitched Game one that was Saturday, no decision in Philadelphia against this Dodger. Bunkley Glastna also pitched out a relief on Saturday when an inning in two thirds. But it remember it tooking thirty four pitches to get the five outs in that ball game. So he needs to be more consistent in throwing strikes. And you mentioned the top three in the order with the Phillies. You know, we were talking yesterday about the fact that the top three had not been hitting well. The top three got much better pitches to hit last night, and boy did they hit him.
Speaker 6: A quick roster note, as we get it back to Tim Kate's Tanner. Scott is off the Dodgers roster in the Division Series. He is ineligible for the Leaite Championship Series should the Dodgers moved on. It was a lower abscess procedure that was required in emergency fashion on Wednesday night, which is why he wasn't at the ballpark and he's not with the team. Justin Robleski will take his spot on the roster and in the Dodger bullpen. Game four, the Dodgers lead the Phillies two games to one, one win away from an eighth League Championship Series appearance in thirteen years.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we count you down to first page.
Speaker 3: Dodger fans get your game day meal on by going to shakeys dot com. Yes, Shaky's Pizza parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, shakin and Mojo's. You can do it right now for a little late launch, early dinner. Enjoy little Dodgers baseball again. Go to shakys dot com. We're off and running here on Dodgers on Deck coming up. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Jeff Francore from TBS Stavid Vats.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jeff's checks in throughout the show.
Speaker 3: Up next, so we'll go down to the field live with Sports Net LA's Kirston Watson get her thoughts on what this team is feeling right now going in to Game four the National League Divisional Series, Dodgers and Phillies. First pitch of three o eight. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunter game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers in Phillies, Game four the National League Divisional Series. Tyler Glass now on the mound, first benching Dodgers Stadium, coming up at three o eight.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kirston out joins us from the field. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agents standing by, take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today before we get into this game. Off the field, the Dodgers making a roster move no more Tanner Scott, Justin Robleski has been added.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so last night during the introductions, it was noticed that Tanner Scott wasn't a part of the introductions, and then of course there's probably a moment in the game where people might have expected Tanner could have come in that obviously wasn't the case either. Dave Roberts, when he spoke to the media said that Tanner actually was not at the ballpark yesterday, so he was completely unavailable, but shared that it was going to come out from MLB today. So this morning we received the news Tanner Scott actually had to have a procedure in an abcess excision, so essentially just not a major procedure in any way, but something to remove kind of an infection of sword. Dave Roberts I that it was in his lower half. So he's unavailable just due to the move from MLB with him being placed on the IL he's uneligible or he's ineligible. I should say, he's made tune for the NLCS, but he's still in the conversation if they are to advance to the World Series. So at this point Dave did say that something that came up on practice. In practice on Tuesday was relatively urgent, so they were able to get the procedure done. He's recovering well, but at this moment, of course, he is unavailable. It won't be until potentially the World Series if the team can get there.
Speaker 3: Being around this team here leading up to Game four after what happened last night, what's the sense you're feeling from these guys. Do they feel pressure? They feel at ease? They still have a two to one series lead.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what, right now, there is a pressure and a feeling to get this done today. They ultimately, they do not want to get on this flight tonight to go to Philadelphia. They don't want to have the momentum shift from the Dodgers to the Phillies, allowing them to course the game. Vive, I think even what Mookie Bett said yesterday, the Phillies got on that plane leaving Philadelphia, coming to Los Angeles with the expectation to push and force a Game five, heading back to Philadelphia, giving themselves a chance to win, and ultimately, you don't want to put them to You don't want to put them in a position so that they can have that confidence.
Speaker 5: So how the.
Speaker 8: Guys are really approaching this one. It is there's a sense of urgency, but there's also a calmness to it. It's not trying to overdo anything. They obviously saw Christopher Sanchez in Game one in Philadelphia. They were able to get to him in the sixth inning, so later in his outings people ultimately tacking on against the bullpen. But how the guys have been talking about just this matchup today is best case scenario, and obviously if things go as planned, they want to find ways to get to him early, but ultimately, if unable to do that, they want to build up the pitch count put him in a position where he likely to be taken out of the game. So that's kind of the focus. But they do feel really good They've got Tyler Glass now on the mound. He came to this organization wanting to be a part of these big moments, and so the hope is that he can kind of set the tone. But they oftense, they do want to get things going a little bit earlier in this game or if anything, as I mentioned, stilling that pitch count on Sanchez and putting themselves in a good position to be successful.
Speaker 3: Dodgers looking to get the win to avoid that long fly back to Philadelphia for.
Speaker 2: Game five on Saturday. Hopefully they can get it done.
Speaker 3: Kirston, We appreciate what checking with you after the game. Still to come here, I'm Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper into this Game four pitching matchup. David Vasego's one on one with Jeff Francour, who's on the call for TBS. But up next we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Dodgers Phillies, Game four the National League Divisional Series, first pitch of three oh eight. I'm Tim kays is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Thursday afternoon, as we are leading you out to first pitch, Game four the National League Divisional Series, Dodgers in Phillies, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, A grand slam for a good times. Tyler Glass now forsangs the pitch matchup. First pitch set for three O eights.
Speaker 5: A few questions for Dave. Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave.
Speaker 9: Roberts As I understand it, it was you know, absess excision, some type of lower body you know, minor procedure. So I don't know a whole lot about it, to be quite honest with you, but I do know that he's recovering well. And uh, it took place last night, so that's kind of where we're at. And so yeah, we're replacing him with Justin Robleski.
Speaker 8: Follow up, So, did this come like in an urgent matter or was this something you had been dealing.
Speaker 9: With urgent matter? I think it started, you know, I think there was kind of signs of the evening of the workout. I think that's where it first kind of came to light for us.
Speaker 2: I think a fabian on the left.
Speaker 8: Is it safe to assume he's not gonna be available to the rest of the postseason?
Speaker 5: You know, I wouldn't close that door.
Speaker 9: I think obviously the way that the rules are structured, he won't be available for the CS. But I still feel that the World Series, you know, if we're fortunate enough to get there earn our way there, then he'll be available.
Speaker 3: Was there a possibility that you guys could have tried to get him off the roster before yesterday's game or was that something where there's delay there that.
Speaker 9: You know, I don't think that we knew exactly the extent of it, and so to kind of make that preemptive decision, I think we are probably a little bit more in flux.
Speaker 2: Good Jack, are you here in the middle?
Speaker 5: Just one more to follow up on that.
Speaker 10: What were those signs that you guys saw that during the workout the other night?
Speaker 9: That kind of you know what, Jack, I didn't even see him, so I think that was more doctor driven and then I got word late that night.
Speaker 3: Right, there's some manager Dave Roberts talking about Tanner Scott who has been taking off the roster, and Justin Roblusky added to this roster moving forward in the NLDS, and who knows, we could see just Robuski come out of that bullpen here in Game four, All hands on deck as the Dodgers trying to finish off the Phillies. When we continue here on Morongo Becauseino Dodgers on deck, we'll check in with v David Vase It leads up to first pitch from Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Kates's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and the Phillies game for the National League Divisional Series.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass now on the mound, first pitch coming up at.
Speaker 1: Three oh eight, joining Tim kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 11: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV, big game today, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Tommy Edmond drove in both of the runs yesterday for the Dodgers in the eight to two loss.
Speaker 2: But how is that right ankle feeling for him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: A little bit of a scare yesterday because in the seventh inning, a ground ball to.
Speaker 5: The third basement, Alec Bohm pulled Bryce.
Speaker 11: Harper off the bag and there was a collision as Harper applied the tag. It was not an easy tag, it was a hard tag, and it looked like Tommy Edmund was dragging back to the dugout kind of gingerly and I asked him earlier today in the press conference whether or not the right ankle was compromised on that play.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: It didn't affect my ankle.
Speaker 1: I kind of just got the wind knocked out of me a little bit, so that's why I was jogging off a little bit more slowly. But you know, a strong dude, so he can apply a strong tag.
Speaker 11: Okay, Well that was good news, strong dude, no doubt. Good thing that the right ankle is okay and Tommy is back in there, and there's an argument to be made. Tommy Edmund has been one of the more most consistent offensive performers in this series for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: No Doubt David is brought to you by Ford. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Tanner Scott, this whole situation is interesting. Davidy wasn't there yesterday. We find out why this afternoon, and now he's not available to the World Series. Maybe even not even then if he's not.
Speaker 2: Able to go. But this whole medical procedure and interesting.
Speaker 11: Just hasn't been a good year for Tanner Scott and this is the latest issue with him this season. And we hope that Tanner's okay because Dave Roberts said he had a procedure to remove a lower body abscess, and Dave Roberts said it started to create a problem for him during the workout when the Dodgers returned back to Philadelphia. Now the questions are being asked, why didn't the Dodgers replace Tanner Scott before the game yesterday if they knew he was having this procedure. They did not know early enough in the day that the procedure was going to take place. It only became apparent in an urgent matter that they needed to get Scott to a place where he could have this procedure to remove the abscess. So by that point in time, the Dodgers were trying to hold out that if Scott could get through this without a procedure, he would still be available to pitch today or even in the NLCS. That obviously is not taking place, and that's the reason why they pulled the trigger on removing him from the roster this afternoon and not last night.
Speaker 3: Tyler Glass now on the mount here in Game four's seen different kinds of Tyler Glass now.
Speaker 2: This season, David, which what do you think we see today?
Speaker 5: Your guest is as good as mine to him.
Speaker 11: I mean, I don't think anybody can predict what we're going to see from Glass now, but I hope he proves a lot of people wrong because this is his biggest start as a Dodger. Last year shut down after an aborted SIM game in Atlanta, and that's when the Dodgers took off all the way to the World Championship. He wasn't a part of it. And he's a local kid from Hard High School. As you know, nothing would be sweeter than for him to come out here and pitch the Dodgers to the NLCS. But the Dodgers have got to get him some runs. And I know the Phillies don't chase a lot of pitches outside the strike zone. He's going to have to get a lot of swings and misses in the strike zone, meaning his stuff.
Speaker 2: It's got to be elite, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: We'll find out here coming up shortly, David Gray. Stuff will check back in with you in just a little bit. Still to come here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Jeff frank cor who's on the call for TBS. We'll dive deep into this pitching matchup. We'll also check in with Charlie Steiner. Yes, just a little bit, but up next to Dodgers Magical Moment. Dodgers Phillies Game four, the Nationally Divisional Series. First pitch of three oh eight. I'm Tim Kas's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers laying host of the Phillies Game four the National League Divisional Series. Tyler Glass now Christopher Sanchez. A pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at three o.
Speaker 5: Eights, hot Dog, who wants a hot gun?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. It's magical by Hawpy hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: We go back to twenty thirteen, the NLDS Game four, that series out of Dodgers Stadium. Who could forget Dodgers and the Braves won? Your Rebay tried to bunt in the eighth inning, could not get the bunt down.
Speaker 2: Instead, he said, huh, I'll just go.
Speaker 10: Deep and the two two pitch, your Rebay hits a high fly ball into deep left field way.
Speaker 5: Down the line and gone, and the Dodgers lead four to three on a two.
Speaker 2: Run home run by one your rebate.
Speaker 7: Isn't it amazing what somebody will do when you can't.
Speaker 5: Bunt on your rebate?
Speaker 4: Got a fastball and hit it back right in the area of the bullpen, and it is four to three Dodgers in the bottom of the eighth inn.
Speaker 3: Why your rebay goes deep, helping the Dodgers go to the NLCS Back in twenty and thirteen, the Great Vincecully on the call, miss his voice. This is the Hofey Magical Moment, of course, brought to you by Haffey Hot Dogs, Haffey So Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey Hot Doogs Local so great. Will we continue here on Morango Casino Dodgers on deck. Will check in with Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday as we're leading you up to first pitch on this Thursday afternoon, Game four the National League Divisional Series. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audi You Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all season long, good Law.
Speaker 3: Lean you off to Dodgers and Phillies on this Thursday afternoon, Game four the National League Divisional Series.
Speaker 2: Ty Class Now on the Mountain.
Speaker 3: Time now for the Verzon startup, as we're a little bit more than thirty minutes away from the start of today's game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your little price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today. He turned things over to Charlie's Dinner.
Speaker 10: All right, Tim, as we get ready for the fourth game of the National League Division Series. Last night, the Dodgers set out Yamamoto. He was the ace of the Dodgers staff during the course of the season. Designed to eliminate the Philly seemed like a lock, but he gave up three run six hits, and that Schwarber home runner seemed to change everything. And it turned out for Yamamoto it was his shortest outing since the first of June. Now today, the Phillies trying to knock out the Dodgers and get a trip home to Philadelphia with the Dodgers in their plane go for Game five on Saturday. They're gonna be sending their best picture out this afternoon. Christopher Sanchez thirteen and five and a two and a half of l against Tyler glasnow four and three at a three point one nine er. Right, so there's great expectations for the Philly starter and for the Dodgers. What can Glasgow do and how long can he last?
Speaker 7: Charlie, I think, first of all, I go to what David Roberts was saying a little bit earlier. Is it glass now has to trust his stuff. That was the exact quote. And for Glass Now, when he is on and he trust his stuff, it can be absolutely mind boggling for hitters. Now, the Phillies did get a glimpse of glass now. That was on Saturday. He came out of relief and went an inning in two thirds and had a high pitch count in that inning in two thirds just to get the five out. So it needs to be more efficient on that end of it. And from an offensive standpoint, the Dodgers against the Sanchez, they did a pretty good job in not chasing a lot of pitches last night. They expanded the strength zone and Dave Roberts, again quoting him just a couple of hours ago, said, look, we need to have better at bats and better approaches than what the Dodgers were really present last night.
Speaker 10: Well through the series, the Dodgers are hitting just two to eight against the Phillies. Mochi at two thirty one, Freddie Freeman two hundred, Otani seventy one combine. They're hitting one sixty two and a four to sixty eight. Ops. They're not getting very much out of the top of the lineup, which is the great expectation that they.
Speaker 7: Will and they would, yeah, and I think and not to lay it on the shoulders of sho Hey Otani leading it off, but he is really expanding the strike zone by a wide margin on some of the pitches that are not really challenging pitches. And if he gets back to more contact, that would be a good case for Freeman from what my observation has been a little bit out of sync that ball scenes are beginning on him a little bit more rapidly than what he's expecting. And for Tiasca Hernandez, while he can hit the boat a long way, he has really expanded the strike zone on top of it. So if you're looking one through four, the big bats cooled off last night because they were not as selective as they normally are when they're very prettyctive.
Speaker 10: And O'tani since September twenty third, last ten games regular season. Now into the postseason, Otani's hitting just two to oh five, nine to forty four and he struck out seventeen times. And against left handed pitching he's hitting one oh five. It contacts the name of the game, and right now he can't fight.
Speaker 7: It no, and he has a tendency to pull off the ball a little bit too much. He is so strong and so powerful with his hands too. Charlie as that we've seen, if he will be thinking more up the middle, and I think a left handed batter against the left handed pitcher that has a very good breaking ball throws it away and on top of it a very good changeup. I mean, it's one of the better changeups you're going to see, in particular lefty against lefty, you've got to be thinking up the middle a little bit more.
Speaker 10: Of course, we saw Kershaw come out of the bullpen last night. The Dodgers in the postseason have allowed twenty three runs, fifteen of which have come into the seventh inning or later. But the bullpen in the postseason has an ERA of six seven four, and not even Kershaw could stem the time.
Speaker 7: And Roberts, again a couple of hours ago, says that his bullpen is ready to go. He's also asked, is that, hey, look, you're out in front two games to one. If the Dodgers are not prevailed in this one, then Saturday in Philadelphia. So the question was to Roberts, what about your bullpen? Is this all hands on deck? And he goes absolutely. Our job is to win and win at any cost. There's a day off tomorrow should there be a game five.
Speaker 5: And so this is.
Speaker 10: Basically for the Phillies, this is win or else, and for the Dodgers, not looking forward going back to Philadelphia, where of course they won the first two games of the series. Time will tell in just a moment.
Speaker 5: Ten.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 3: Join Angel CITYFC all October at BEMO as they host their first and final three home games of the regular season. Yep, it's a finale of the season winding down, but tickets and information are available at angelcity dot com. Plus plan ahead for next season twenty six with full season tickets with angel CITYFC. Find out all about it at angelcity dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll dive deeper into this Game four pitching matchup. Nelly and Rick will have the keys to the game, but up next to go high and tight with Jeff frank Core. It's on the TV call for this NLDS on TBS. That's next with Frenchy Dodgers Phillies. Game four of the NLDS. First pitch at three o eight. I'm Tim Kas's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Lead you up to the first pitch on this Thursday afternoon. It's Game four the National League Divisional Series Dodgers and the Phillies. Tyler Glass now Christopher Sanchez, a pitching matchup Todgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day and Shaky.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be Vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 11: It's Game four of the NLDS and we're joined by national star power.
Speaker 5: Right now.
Speaker 11: One of the great guys you'll ever meet, a great outfielder and also an even better analyst for Turner Sports, and that is the one and only Jeff frankcor Jeff, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thanks. Can you repeat that and send it to my wife for me? Hey, both you and I are in the doghouse. It sounds like these days, no doubt. Absolutely this is uh. You know, postseason gets long, especially in this but I love it, man, It's it's what we look for.
Speaker 11: Jeff, you were talking to Nomar Garcia Para yesterday. With the start time today and the sun being out, you were noticing that maybe right field, you know this better than most, might be a tough sky today.
Speaker 5: It is, and I'll tell you what makes it so hard is just because you know, when the ball gets above the deck here and that sky, it just it's only there for a second. It's out, you're back into the fans. It's bright. I mean, that's one thing we know about LA. When that suns out, it is as bright as anywhere you play. So it's gonna be something to keep an eye on, especially early that that first four or five. Any kind of area is going to be interesting.
Speaker 11: I actually remember in nine Matt Holliday lost a fly ball here in a playoff game, right with all the towels.
Speaker 5: Well, and that's exactly what I'm saying. It's just a lot going on right the yellow seeds to the blue seats. The ball goes up. So that's what I said. It's very this word the Dodgers. Of course, these guys having played here in the outfield is a big advantage.
Speaker 11: We saw the Philly slug more yesterday at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 5: You know how well the ball travels now here.
Speaker 11: It feels like today has a recipe for possibly more slug from both sides.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what you would think. So right, but then when you look at who's pitching with Sanchez and Glass. Now, look, the good news for the Dodgers last night was, even though you lost that ball game, you didn't use Vessi, It didn't u she Hen, you didn't use Sasaki. So you you have your horses lined up behind Glass. So I think it'll be interesting early. You know, I said yesterday, I felt like the longer the game went yesterday, close the advantage went to the Phillies, I can see opposite today. I think the longer the game goes close with the Dodgers firepower they have, they're not the battle sand chests. He's obviously very good, but then you get him out and they have their ability to let that offense take over.
Speaker 11: Jeff, can you just describe the difference and the different feeling with a starter like Glass? Now, if you get him early runs, how much that changes the complexion of the game. Well, it's big because you know Dave Roberts, look, you know with Otani, with Snell, with even Yamamota.
Speaker 5: Look last night it just fell apart for him. But those are guys you trust, like you're going six plus for me. With Glass, now, obviously we all know incredible stuff has the ability to go out and throw seven innings of no hit ball easily. I mean, you don't get many hits off this guy. But I also think Dave's going to keep an eye on the walks sometimes can creep up on him, and so I think those are all things that you know Dave is going to keep an eye because at the end of the day, look for the Dodgers no matter what happens today, you know, you have Otani if there's a Game five on the mound, But the last thing this team wants to do is get on a burd and have to go back to Philadelphia.
Speaker 11: Jeff Frankorz on the call tonight with Brian Anderson on Turner, speaking of show, Hey, Otani one hit as a hitter in fourteen at bats. What have you seen from him where seems like he's just not himself. Well, I think it's like anything. I think he's one of the greatest hitters I've ever seen. That's how hard this game is when you get pitched tough, and I just think for him, the one thing I see is fourteen abs or fifteen abs one walk this postseason walk. This guy walked one hundred and nine times during the year, you know. And for me, I look, you know, he always opens up right like that's.
Speaker 5: His power thing. But I just see him flying open a lot. And if you actually watch what three or four of his strikeouts looking are all kind of painted on that outside corner. So I think for him, he's got to get back and take that Freddie Freeman approach today where he looks the left center here at Chavez Ravine because we all know this man, he can hit it pole to pole out of this park. Just think he's in big time poll mode right now. And for him, if he starts shooting it the other way, well you better watch out. You feel like he's just trying to do too much to try to he's trying to pull right now. He's trying to poll quick. And that's one thing for him. No matter how good of a hitter you are, when you have guys like Sanchez Lozardo who's got that good run in you know, perfect samples. Yesterday Tommy Edmund hits that home run off Ranger and O'tani first pitch roll over to third, and I'm just saying, you get to try too hard, right Bryce Harper, we saw it in Game one and two in Philly. You're trying hard, big swing. So I think for Otani you just got to get back to no. Just try to hit the ball up the middle the other way and then if they hang one, Look he's one of the most talented hitters. He's gonna hit one where Schwarber did. So for him, it's letting the game come to him a little bit and not be so anxious to hit.
Speaker 11: Before I let you go How great is that booth with Brian Anderson?
Speaker 5: Oh, man, I love it. He's such a pro, you know, if he's talking to a Milwaukee guy. Yeah, they got the Milwaukee connection over there. Sometime sometimes though Ba's eyes aren't as good enough to help him out sometimes letting him know no way.
Speaker 11: Great chemistry with two great guys. Thanks a lot for the time, Jeff. Always love talking to you.
Speaker 5: You're the best man. I love being out here with you. Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 11: There he is frenchie Jeff frank Core. He'll be on the call tonight with Brian Anderson and he'll receive a gift card for Canaan, World's best polarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than other lenses and are nearly impossible to scratch. Visit Canaan dot com for your pair, Tim, we'll send it back.
Speaker 5: To you all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot of DV Yeah, Brian Anderson, Jeff Frank Core do a great job on the TBS broadcast, almost.
Speaker 2: As good as job as Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: As we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Phillies. First pitch set for three oh eight. Up next, we'll have deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kase's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Phillies Game four the Nationally Divisional Series.
Speaker 2: First pitch from Dodger Stadium coming up at three zero eight.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 3: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard, play hard, and in a new Tacolmo with an IFS turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the Bowls. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Christopher Sanchez on the Mountain, twenty eight year old left chande on the Dominican Republic, made thirty two starts during the regular season, really good thirteen and five with a two fifty ERA and two hundred and twelve strikeouts. Making his second start this postseason, Dodger saw in Game one in Philly five and two third, eightings, two runs, four hits, eight strikeouts and a no decision. The change up is his pitch. He makes us it well at the fastball that change up. One hundred and twenty four of his two hundred plus strikeouts came from the change up. This year, Tyler Glass, now thirty two year old right hander, making his eighteenth start. During the regular season, we was four and three with a three nineteen e In September, he was three and oh with a two to forty nine ERA, limited hitters to a one to sixty four batting average. The Dodgers won all four of his starts in the month of September. In twenty twenty five, he struck out one hundred and six batters in ninety in a third innings. He pitched an inning in two thirds of relief on Saturday in Game one of this NLDS in Philadelphia. In his career in the postseason eleven starts two and six with a five point fifty one ERA. He's facing the Phillies for the sixth time this in his career. One and oh at a seven to fifty six RORA made one start against him, of course, came out of the bullpen. As we mentioned in the start back on April sixth, the Citizens bag Park, He win two innings, came out of the game because of discomfort. He allowed five runs on two hits, watched five, struck out two in a no decision. Tyler Glass now Christopher Sanchez, Dodgers Phillies. Dodgers won the first two games, had a chance to close it out last night lost to the Phillies eight to two. As we get ready now for Game four of this NLDS, where we're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All Season.
Speaker 3: Law Dodgers and Phillies Game four the National League Divisional Series from Dodgers Stadium and early starts. Tyler Glass now Christopher Sanchez. The pitching matchup. Before first pitch, we head back out to the booth one final time. Get the thoughts, Oh, Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 6: DC back at it with Rick Monday. First pitch rapidly approaching and that means it's time bone.
Speaker 5: For your keys to Game four.
Speaker 7: Well, I go with what Dave Roberts was saying and amplify it too a couple of hours ago, and when asked by the members of the media, well what about Glass now tonight, and he made a very succinct He goes he needs to trust his stuff, and he's got good stuff when he trusted and throws strikes. We mentioned earlier that you know he came out of the bullpend relief on Saturday in Philadelphia. It went a nanning in two thirds, but it took him thirty four pitches to get the five outs. He needs to be more efficient on that end of it. And for the Dodgers against Sanchez, I thought they did a very good job and making him get the ball up outstanding change up. He was not consistent with the curve ball. Does he change that today? And the Dodgers have to put some bass hits together one after the other and advance some runners as something they did not do last night.
Speaker 6: Tim My biggest key is pretty simple. We talked about it last night. I'm going to remind everybody again the Phillies big three in Game three, they answer the bell. Now, how about the Dodgers big three? Otani bets in Freddy Freeman, Yes, obviously, ti Oscar Hernandez is batting third again tonight, but the MVP triumvirant. They are combined six for thirty seven in this LDS and Mookie Bets has three of those hits now to be fair, Oltania the game winning RBI in Game two, and he got to win on the mound as a pitcher in game one, and Freddy Freeman it was his walk in Game one that sparked the comeback victory to kick off the series in Philly. But they need more from their MVPs.
Speaker 5: Will they get him?
Speaker 6: We'll find out as Game four gets going shortly.
Speaker 2: All right, first.
Speaker 3: Pitch coming up shortly again with Christopher Sanchez on the mound, the left hander. The Dodgers a right handed heavy lineup Will Smith, Alex call Keiki Hernandez, Andy Pajez, Mookie Betts to Oscar Hernandez, all right handed Bets, Freddie Freeman Showyotani the only left handed bats in the lineup. Max muncie In not in the starting lineup, of course, as the left handed bat. We expect to see him, hopefully at some point coming off the bench as Tyler Glass now will take the mound when we come back. Don't forget after the game is over, David Vassy's got to cover with all the post game. Will it be a celebration or will it be packing the bags and heading to Philadelphia for Game five.
Speaker 2: We'll find out together.
Speaker 3: Game four, the National League Divisional Series from Dodgers Stadium, is next.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed everybody.
Speaker 3: This has been Moronco Casino, Dodgers on deck, on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers on you know,