Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 2: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 2: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Wednesday night, July the twenty ninth, as your Los Angeles Dodgers sit at sixty seven and forty on this season, first place a top of the NL West. They've got an eleven and a half game lead in the division. But after getting sunk at a home last night by the Mariners, the Dodgers look to bounce back tonight, game two of this three game series against Seattle. Eric Lauer on the mound. First pitch from you to Clowfield the Dodger Stadium. He is coming up at seven ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here, am Ago Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from jas and Hayward, who's now working in the Dodger front office. We got the Dodgers' pregame thoughts of the skipper Dave Roberts, that's coming up in twenty minutes. We'll preview this pitching matchup. David Vasse joins us throughout the hour. Of course, we got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson, and of course we got your Otani rewind. In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Galloping Ford Broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night it was home run derby between the Dodgers and Mariners, with the Dodgers coming up on the short end of it. Though Justin Robleski got the start, the Dodger left tender would go six innings, but he gave up the long ball a lot four home runs hit by the Mariners off from the Dodgers offense. Meanwhile, Kave Roblesky an early lead to work with. Bottom of the first show, he Otani led things off of the Dodgers with the solo home run to center, and just like that.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers had a one nothing lead.
Speaker 6: The Mariners, though, answered right back in the second, cal Rawley's solo blast of left that tied the game had won. The back and forth between the Dodgers and Mariners would be a theme is it go on all night? And the third, Dodgers took a two to one lead on a Freddie Freeman ground out. Next inning, though, Mariners, with a solo home run and a two run bomb off Robleski and Seattle, took a four to two lead.
Speaker 4: Then Pendulum swung the other way.
Speaker 6: Bottom of that inning, Dodgers would answer back thanks to Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 7: Now Edmund clap twin in the left center.
Speaker 3: Four, that's gonna be a base HiT's going to roll to the wall. That's rounding third. He is on his way home, standing up a double for Edmond. The Dodgers right back in it, Mariners four in the Dodgers three.
Speaker 6: RBI double for Edmund, Dodgers down four to three with two runners on. Though later in the inning, show Hey Otani and RBI single that tied the game at four. In the fifth, Dodgers then untied the game thanks to one swing of the bat for.
Speaker 3: Max Months, Gastillo has thrown seventy nine pitches, fifty one of them for strikes. And now's the analyza, there's our fly ball to right, and that one is long gone, Max Month, he just dropped his bat at the plate.
Speaker 1: He knew it was gone.
Speaker 3: And now the home run try, And now the Dodgers lead five to four into the upper section of the right field Pavilions.
Speaker 6: Solo home run for Max Mounsey is twenty first of this season. That was number one hundred and thirty of his career hit at Dodgers Stadium, put him in a tie with Eric Kurles for the most all time hit at the Ravine by a Dodger. That's the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gash for less Dodgers a five to four lead that lost long either. In the sixth, Justin Robleski would give up a fifth home run of the game, this solo home run to dominate Canzone that tied the game at five. In the eighth, Alex Vessi, on a relief gave up a two run home run to camp Zone again and just like that, the Mariners led five at seven to five, Dodgers Z wouldn't go down without a fight, and the ninth show, Hey Otani and Rbi double made it a one run game. Otani would advance the third on the air and the Dodgers were in business down one nobody out tying run ninety feet away. However, Andy Paie has struck out, Freddie Freeman grounded out, and two batters later, Mookie Betts grounded out to end the threat and the game. Mariners sink the Dodgers last night, seven to six. In the series opener, Dodgers had their chances blew three one run leads, grounded into three double plays. They went three for eleven runners in scoring positions, stranded eight base runners in all as they lose the game and fall to sixty seven and forty. But new day, new game tonight, they're right back at it. Eric Lower on the mound first pitch at seven to ten on Edwin Diaz bobblehead night and he is back activated off the injured list with more. Let's head out to the gallopin four broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 1: Guys, thanks so.
Speaker 8: Much tim the Dodgers going to try and flush tuesday Night's loss here tonight against Seattle be Eric Lower going for la Emerson Hancock for the Mariners, and interestingly enough, we both those guys perhaps making their final starts with their respective teams. But we'll put that discussion to the side and really just focus on last night and this series. The Dodgers have lost four straight at home. They've given up at least five runs in all four of those losses, of course, talking about the three game sweep of the Diamondbacks before the All Star Break, and they continue to struggle with runners in scoring position. But last night that was simply a game that they should not have lost.
Speaker 9: Well, the base running was not good at all, and that's just a fact. The Dodgers were gifted or run by a very poor cutoff and relay on behalf of the Mariners. But for the Dodgers, they could play better baseball and run the bases much much better than they have last night. They lost a couple of runs because of base running mistakes and misjudgment, So they've got to clean this late. On that end of it, I think the other part, too, is if you look at this ball, club. It's interesting that Dave Roberts talking before the ball game this afternoon, if they move Mookie Bench down another spot in that lineup, and he says not because Bench isn't swinging the bat well. In fact, for Roberts saying, look, probably be swinging the bat the best over the last couple of weeks and what we've seen in recent times. But he moves Tommy Edmund into the number of five spot because Edmund quite frankly, hits right handed, hits left handed. Putting the ball into play, just wants a different look, a different construction at least for tonight's.
Speaker 8: Ball game, and Tommy Edmund warrns that consideration he's actually being considered for the two hole. Dave Roberts was asked about Andy Pies his production or lack thereof really going on two months out of that spot. And that's to take nothing away from Pie's all star first half, because he really booed the Dodger offense at the beginning of the year as their stars were slow out of the gates. But now it's at a point where you know, last night, you know, ninth hitting situational spot. Well, Tyy the tying run ninety feet away, nobody out, Andy pyees, you got to move the ball forward to have a productive out there, and he strikes out and said on three pitches, Tommy Van the way that he has not only been producing, but the way he approaches every at bat as a switch hitter, you know, that's a valuable potential a piece to put in there as a throwback two hitter in Tommy edm Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean last night you get the runner of the time run to third base and you don't score. That was just three for eleven with runners in scoring position. Today has been a very big day. It's going to be a big evening.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 9: Last night, kick you hear Nana is coming off the injured list. Tonight it's Edwin Diaz is coming off the injury list. By the way, on Edwin DIA's bottle that night, timing is perfect on that. Yes, we saw Tyler glasnow throw it a live batting practice on the field here this afternoon. And tonight Blake Snell is making a freeheim start in the minor leagues, and he's getting closer and closer to being reactivated.
Speaker 8: And tim all this happening with the trade deadline just a few days away, coming up on Monday, August the third. We're gonna come back a little bit later. Get a key from Moe at a game two for the Dodgers against Seattle.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we count you down the first pitch on this Wednesday night, your fans get.
Speaker 4: That game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 6: What are your Shaky's Pizza chickin and Mojo's right now at Shakys dot com. Coming up here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We're gonna check in with David veast E throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with Jason Hayward.
Speaker 4: We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup as Eric Lawers on the mound. The Dodgers haven't lost, but Eric Lawer's pitch this year. Wave youre Tani or Ewine and we'll visit with Kirsen Watson though. When we come back. That's all coming up. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Mariners on Edwin Diaz Bobblehead Night, first pitching seven ten.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us, I'm Tim Kats. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: H's the Dodgers and Mariners on this Wednesday night. Eric Lawer Emerson Hancock the pitching matchup Game two of this three game interleague series. First pitch coming up at seven ten, This is the Otani.
Speaker 3: Ree wid You may well be trade bait again. The two two is a high fly ball of center field.
Speaker 4: The time his way and it is gone.
Speaker 7: Show hey.
Speaker 3: Otani is twenty third home run of the season, and with one swing in the back, it's.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers one and a Mariner's nothing on two. Castilla's sixty six pitch here it comes now a book shot into center field. Base hit in the score easily is Edmund Tucker will be held at third.
Speaker 11: The pitch Atini hits it into the gap and right center field. This is gonna split the outfielders get all the way to the wall. Dulton rushing has a green light. A misplay in the outfield. Weltani just saw it. He's running for third. Rushing scores and now the time run on third base with nobody out.
Speaker 6: Show Hey Otani three for four with a double, You're advance third. He was standing at third base in the ninth in the chance to tie the game, but the Dodgers could not score him. Hit his twenty third home run this season last night in the first inning, on the fifth pitch at the bottom of the first She now has driven in sixty four runs on the season. However, the Dodgers did fall to the Mariners last night by final seven to six.
Speaker 2: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson Yank.
Speaker 6: Carrison now joins us brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donating it today that car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donating now Cars forkids dot Org. That's Cars with the K. Yesterday was Key k Hernandez. Today another Dodger back. Kirston and Edwin Diaz.
Speaker 12: Edwin Diaz is back, which means we're going to be hearing the trumpets back at Dodger Stadium. It has been a while since we've had that. The thing though, I think we were all most excited for coming in into this regular season and coming into this year with Edwin's return. We know that in April he had to go on the IL, ended up dealing with some loose bodies in that elbow, and so.
Speaker 13: It cleaned it up. And when he spoke to the media.
Speaker 12: Today just about his return, how excited he is to be back, to step in and be back as that closer.
Speaker 13: He shared that, you know, before he went down the IL.
Speaker 12: Especially if you look at just that last week, those results, before realizing he needed to do something and address something with that elbow and have the surgery, the velocity had ticked down. The results, the command wasn't really there. There was questions if it had to do with his knee that he has structurally repaired a few years back, and he shared that once he had the surgery, when started facing hitters, the velocity got back up to.
Speaker 13: That ninety six ninety seven.
Speaker 12: It might even have a little bit more of an uptick just considering the adrenaline of being back at a big league stadium. So he shared that, you know, he feels really good and he's excited to get back out there. But he feels like the guy, the All star that we know and the reason we brought him here.
Speaker 13: He feels like he's back to.
Speaker 12: Being that guy, and so he's excited to get back to help just support the bullpen and really helping this team win.
Speaker 6: Dodger's getting guys back at the perfect time, but also five days away from the trade deadline. So I know for Andrew Freeman, it's kind of this balancing act.
Speaker 4: Got to figure out, right.
Speaker 12: It really is, And you get the privilege to talk to him this afternoon, and he was sharing that. Obviously, when you have a situation, and this is something, ironically enough, the Dodgors are very familiar. You got these key arms or key players that unfortunately have to deal with an injury, and then you get them back at the back end, and it's essentially like your own trade deadline within the organization.
Speaker 13: So you get Key k yesterday, you know he's missedter October. Then you get Edwin.
Speaker 12: Des today, so you have your closer back, which then kind of allows for other guys like titter Scott, who's been excellent, to really be put into.
Speaker 13: Different high leverage situations.
Speaker 12: So that kind of addresses one thing in itself, but then you have others of Blake Snell is throwing tonight with the Ontario Tower buzzers. This should be hopefully you can get through four sixty sixty five pitches. They would like him to get to five seventy five if he has one more outing.
Speaker 13: If not, he may be activated.
Speaker 12: But then you have, okay, another guy stepping back into the rotation, a key arm stepping back. Tyler Glassnell through a live VP today. His next step is going to he's starting his rehab assignment. So you have all these players that are finally back to full health. Will Smith is in that conversation as well, not necessarily at the point of getting ready for rehab just yet, but he is stacking good days in which he's pain free. And so today Andrew was sharing that the most important part with these guys and when you're trying to weigh out your needs and what you have, is all of those guys are healthy. Now, it's about keeping them healthy.
Speaker 13: For the biggest stage.
Speaker 12: It's about understanding as to where they're at and making sure that they can get to that highest level that we know they can get to and be ready. So it's about managing this time for them and not putting them in a situation where they could have a regression. So it kind of makes it seem like the Dodgers really don't have too many needs. But it was always interesting because, of course the question of if there happens to be a top of the line starter who happens to be available.
Speaker 13: What does that mean? Would you guys go after him even if you don't need him?
Speaker 12: And Andrew because he's Andrew Freedwood and he gets what he wants, and he was like, well live on him that fadily, the Dodgers will find a way to get them, and he is not wrong.
Speaker 4: Andrew Freeman and Brandon Gomes. They will pull something off, no doubt about that. Carrison. We appreciate it. We'll check out with you after the game. Still to come.
Speaker 6: Here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, David Veasse goes one on one with Chason Hayward, Dodger assistant to the general manager. But up next we'll get you an injury report, and we hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Mariners, first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 4: All Season Law Law Marongo Casino.
Speaker 6: Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead them to first pitch. Dodgers and the Seattle Mariners Marongo Casino Resort and Spy. It's a Grand Slam for good times. Eric Lower on the mount first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report, present of by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers Show. Hey o Tani bothered buy a right bicep issue and his left knee. He's not one hundred percent, but still in the lineup every day, just not pitching. Blake trying it on the IL, as is Tyler Glass.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: The two of them threw to pitch or two hitters today in a live VP session. Will Smith Andrew Freeman says he is feeling better and stacking good days upon each other. Blake Snell on the IL pitching in Ontario tonight for the Tower Buzzers. More on that coming up with David Vasse Edwin Diaz. It's on his bobblehead. Night gets activated off the injured list and he is pitching for the first time when he does for this first time since April nineteenth, only seven games he has pitched for the Dodgers so far this year after signing in the offseason, Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium and checking out with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 7: Anything else, Dave?
Speaker 4: Do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 14: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, obviously he's excited to be back. It spent a while since we've had him active, and you know, just put him back in the closer role, and I think it just kind of freeze other guys up to take on other responsibilities, different leverage roles. But I think that, yeah, you know, getting him back, starting from the back end kind of then going from there, I think we just got a lot better today.
Speaker 9: Tyler Glass.
Speaker 13: Now's like trying to just the step they made today with lives kind of what did you see from them?
Speaker 5: What's kind of next?
Speaker 15: So I was actually in some meetings, so I didn't get a chance to put eyes on them, but from what I hear from the pitching guys, both guys were really good. Tyler was two innings and then Blake through an inning, and so they both came out of it well. So my assumption is Tyler's going to go out on assignment and you know, build up from there, and obviously tonight's a big night for Blake to you know, get through four innings and see where we go from there.
Speaker 4: All right, there's the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: When we continue here on Marongo, because you know Dodger's on deck, we'll check in with the David Advatz says Andrew Freeman spoke just a little while ago. DV was there. We'll find out what he said. As we lead up to first pitch. Dodgers and Mariners. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deach on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Mariners on this Wednesday night, game two of this three game sent Eric Flower on the mound.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by El Poto, born in La and made for your game day. Al Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate, El Poto Gourmet and a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Base.
Speaker 4: All right, DV.
Speaker 6: When the President speaks, people listen. In this afternoon, the president of baseball Operations for the Dodgers, Andrew Freeman spoke.
Speaker 4: What did he have.
Speaker 5: To Yeah, there were a few things that really stood out first and foremost. He tried to downplay the severity of show Hey Otani's right bicep. Otani said after the game last night that his right bicep is not one hundred percent and his left knee is not one hundred percent. But Andrew Friedman made it very clear that if Otani's left knee was cooperating, the right bicep would not prevent that from happening, So he tried to downplay the severity of Otani's right bicep. He also said that Will Smith is starting to stack together really good positive days, and he sounded confident that he is going to return, if not by the end of August. In September, sometime. And he also obviously talked about the trade deadline, and he was asked in a roundabout way, if there was a superstar to be had at the trade deadline, would he pursue it this time.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 16: I mean, it's so hard to line up on a trade to begin with. And if I was so concerned about a player going to another team, I'd probably want that player, So then I would just acquire that player.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, just to get it on the record, everybody believes that Andrew Friedman and the Dodgers would just acquire a guy like Trek Scooble to keep him away from another team. That's not the way that they operate. If they believe Schooble is going to help them, they will acquire him. So I still am hearing that the Rays and Braves and the Brewers to a certain extent, are very much in on schoobl who made a start today for the Tigers. It could have been his last start in Detroit. So we'll find out next Monday.
Speaker 6: Tivid is brought to you by a Ford Summer Sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Ford, the official vehicle of Major League baseball. Tyler Glass now back on the mound and throwing close.
Speaker 4: Is he been coming back though.
Speaker 5: DV Well, he sounds like he's itching to come back, tim because he threw the hitters for the second time since injuring his back, and he said that, you know, he'll go back and look at the data to see where he's at. But the most important part is that the back is responding and he's gone through this before and he's confident that he'll be able to manage the lower back pain that has kept him out for months now this season. We had a chance to catch up with Glass now and he explained exactly how he was able to get the back under control to be able to be in this position to contribute at the end of the year.
Speaker 17: It was just like, I don't know, it's hard to explain, Like you will throw your back at it anything in deflection or like any weird move in it feels like it's super tight. It's just like hard to move and I just think it was hard to get over that hump. It was like no matter what I did, any quick movement, I would feel it. If I threw a get like a little worse and then it would get better, and then I would kind of come back, try a little too hard. But I think it got to the point where I took enough time off, got back to throwing where I was like from zero symptoms and felt fine.
Speaker 5: Man Tyler Glass now should be going out on a rehab assignment here shortly. Blake Snell is making another rehab start tonight in Ontario. He's expected to go four innings tonight for the Tower Buzzers.
Speaker 4: That's certainly good news. Guys coming back at just the right time.
Speaker 7: DV.
Speaker 6: We appreciate it still. They come here on Wrongo because you know Dodgers. On DAG we'll dive deep into this pitching magee David. We'll be back with Jason Hayward coming up at about fifteen minutes to learn from Charlie Steiner. But I'll bean up next for Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers and Mariners leading you up to first pitch. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Wrongo, Cassino Dodgers Hunter's Dude Game on.
Speaker 1: Your Home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Mariners on Edwin Diaz bobblehead nights. Eric Lauer on the mound, Dodger seven lost every start he has made since coming over. How about that first pitch coming up at seven to ten, kid had a.
Speaker 7: Ball nine without a hot dog?
Speaker 14: Who wants a hot cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment.
Speaker 2: Pitch Magical presented by Hawpey.
Speaker 4: Hot tigs Well.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Mariners squared off last September. You remember the last time that we saw Clayton Kershaw make his regular season to start, yep, Well, that was up in Seattle the day before.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 6: Up in Seattle, the Dodgers bullpen had a pretty impressive finish to the game.
Speaker 18: No balls, two strikes, and everybody's standing at T Mobile Park. Oh two pitch swung on a mess, strike three, he strikes out the side and the last nine Mariners in the game strike out to end it. Enriquez with his first save. The nine consecutive strikeouts the most enfranchised history since nineteen twenty.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers recorded nine nine straight strikeouts to end the game up in Seattle, Blake trying to Alex Vesia and Ingardo Enriquez to close it out.
Speaker 4: Last year in Seattle, the.
Speaker 6: Hofey Magical Moment brought to you by Hafey hot Dogs, Hoffee so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Hafty hot Dogs, local and so great.
Speaker 6: When we continue here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, we will check it with Charlie Steiner for leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Mariners. I'm Tim Kaateson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio note.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue.
Speaker 4: All season long Dodgers and Mariners.
Speaker 6: Game two, this three games said, and when Diz bobblehead night and which you know it activated off the injured list so we could be hearing those trumpets play tonight.
Speaker 4: Eric Lauer on the Mount. First pitch at seven ten time.
Speaker 6: Now for the Verizon startup is we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years, so you can say big visit your So Cal Verizon store today.
Speaker 4: We say hello and welcome in Charlie Steinner.
Speaker 7: All right, Tim, we get ready for Game one hundred and eight.
Speaker 3: Dodgers not distinguishing themselves last night against the Mariners. But this time on Monday, we will know what, if any moves that Dodgers are going to make between now and the deadline next Monday moment. Schoogle is the number one name we're reading about, hearing about.
Speaker 9: Now, what do we know about, Well, we don't know anything really, and you know it's going to be tight live for every general manager and president of baseball operations. And speaking of that, the Dodgers President of Baseball Operations Andrew Freeman, was meeting with the members of the media a couple of hours before it's tonight's ball game, as obviously about the specifics of well is there a need are you looking to doing this?
Speaker 7: Stop and consider?
Speaker 9: First of all, a couple of things have been happening the last couple of days. Last night, kicker Hernanez came off the injured list.
Speaker 14: Okay, he's back.
Speaker 9: We have tonight Edwin Diaz on Edwin Diaz, Bibblehead night, by the way, comes off the injured list. He will assume again the role of the closer. Blake Snell is making a rehab start, so he is starting in that and this afternoon it was also Tyler glasnew that was throwing live on the mound to hitters. He's getting close to going out for rehab start. So the troops are getting healthy. And I thought the one big comment that Andrew Friedman talked about with getting people back and getting them healthy, he said, to get them back, to keep them back is the object, and they do not want to rush it or to cut corners. And remind me of a conversation you and I had with doctor Neil Eltrage a number of years ago about players coming back, in particular from surgery. There's no shortcuts on rehab to get healthy.
Speaker 3: One of the questions between now and Monday the pain in the neck of Will Smith and the pain in the neck that creates for the front office, what to do or not doing?
Speaker 7: How you go about doing it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the only thing that we have been told is that he is progressing now, he is able to really do some things. They feel good about it. They're getting the exams, they're getting the MRIs that are showing that there is improvement. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: The question is how long is the tunnel. We don't know. Last night, of course, the Dodgers lost.
Speaker 3: Milwaukee now has the exact same record as the Dodgers, sixty seven and forty for the best record in baseball. And now that's going to take on some interest between now and the end of the season in terms of postseason home field.
Speaker 7: Advantage or games to be played or not played.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly, because we look it back till last year the Dodgers had to play in the first round. You don't want that. It's just added pressure and added exertion and what's going on. One other update they talked about, by the way, was Shoheo Tani with the knee, the left knee. They're saying that, look, they've taken precaution, it's improving. They are not overly concerned about it. It does not really bother him from a hitting standpoint show, he says, it does not bother him running at all. That's the good news. Speaking of running, by the way, very quickly, the Dodgers did not run the bases well at all last night, and it cost them two big runs and you have a one run loss. Monumental mistakes were made on the basis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just really a lousy performance by the team from top to bottom. Ropleski give him space. Didn't fitch particularly well last night. Five burned runs, seven hits, four home runs and six and give him a pass. But defensively they were lacklustered. The base running was lackluster, and they pounded out thirteen hits all right, twenty first game with thirteen or more hits, but it was their second loss.
Speaker 7: So, I mean, last night just didn't feel right.
Speaker 9: No, This situational hitting has got to improve. They were three for eleven runners in scoring position. And oh, by the way, one of the big issues offensively, they've hit into too many ground bowl double plays three last night. That's ninety for the season. That's the most of any team in baseball. And for the Dodgers, you know, you start to look at it. As you mentioned coming on the air, this is game number one oh eight. Sixty six percent of the season is already in the record book.
Speaker 3: So the Dodgers and the Mariners second game of this three game series.
Speaker 7: Lower Dodgers have won all eight of his starts.
Speaker 3: Born on three three five era, Emerson Hancock, who may be on the trade block six and four three sixteen his ra for the Mariners. His last four stars A one thirty three era, holding opponents to a one sixty nine opposing battye average. Well, Dodgers and Mariners Game two of the three games that coming up.
Speaker 4: Just a moment, Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: Visit Uniclo dot com.
Speaker 6: Slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck Before first pitch, we'll get you a preview of the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: We've got the keys to a Dodger victory.
Speaker 6: But up naturally, go high and tight with Jason Hayward, former player now working in the front office for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: We'll hear from him next. Dodgers and Mariners.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim kas Is the back to back Willserea champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 2: Netwe as we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Mariners.
Speaker 6: Eric lower Emerson hancocks the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper and in the numbers coming up in just a couple of minutes. His first pitch is set for seven to ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast win. It's game night, It's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 2: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearments.
Speaker 1: Is high and tight.
Speaker 5: There are certain people in the world that are always in demand, certain guys that even though they're not playing anymore and they have moved to the front office as a special assistant with Andrew Friedman, they are hard to get time with. And as you get older, it gets hotter and your short term memory goes. But this man always cool under pressure. World champion and former Dodger Jason Hayward joins us, Man, you are a tough guy to get time with these days. Everybody gravitate towards you.
Speaker 14: What and first off, David, what an intro.
Speaker 19: I appreciate it, man, But no, it's a good problem to have, I have to say.
Speaker 14: And you know, attitude, a fleedged leadership.
Speaker 19: Being able to be around Doc again as someone who played for him, but just hearing how he's handled all this attention of of course.
Speaker 14: Winning back to back World Series.
Speaker 19: But then just you know him being a guy in twenty sixteen his first run at this and not here we are a decade later, him being able to still make his mark on the game. He really appreciates the attention here, appreciates being someone who's asked to have a lot of responsibility. So I'm just doing my best to following someone like that footsteps, keep making my own mark, and most important to keep learning.
Speaker 5: Jason Hayward is our guest. He's a special assistant for Andrew Friedman and the Dodgers Baseball operations staff. Now that we're getting closer to the trade deadline, you've had the experience of the draft, talking to the players the Dodgers drafted. Now we're getting closer to the trade deadline. What have you noticed the most as far as the method that Andrew Friedman and his staff applies.
Speaker 19: The method that they have that they apply is be as prepared as possible. There's no wrong question to ask. If you have a question, if you have something you studied, if you have something an observation that you want to bring up as a point. They welcome it that they want to hear what everyone has to offer. But again, it's you know, how many ways can we get better today or how many how many opportunities can we take advantage of and and widen our margins, you know, make our margins greater than they already are. As far as we know, it's been put into this team starting in the offseason. Financially, you know, the expectation is to win a ring each year, not about a back to back. But at the end of the day, it's you have a farm system, you have players. Sometimes you have more of one thing than another. Sometimes you might you might don't need to fill a void or or want to take advantage of filling a void. And I think this is just like the long way of saying, like just be ready for whatever. You know, they don't leave any stone or turn.
Speaker 5: Are you going to be in there with him? Are you going to shadow him all through Monday's deadline.
Speaker 19: I'll be as round as much as possible. That's It's but it's been cool because like, these are the things that Andrew.
Speaker 14: Brandon Gomes doc.
Speaker 19: You know a lot of our scouts, you know, everyone has said, hey, collectively, be in the room for these, you know, just just just listen. You Obviously there's gonna be times where there's a lot of things happening at once, and you know you're not going to hear every conversation.
Speaker 14: But I think that's what's cool about it, you.
Speaker 19: Know, sitting in the draft room, seeing the amount of attention to detail that goes into there and like the pouring of out output of like information that each individual has. But then those like main combos, so to speak, you know, will be very cool to hear what's on the table, what's not on the table, what's what sounds like it's off the wall, and then like, hey, no, that that actually sounds realistic for where we are right now. But I think another thing that is cool is from this side of things. You know, as a former player, there are opportunities when you're in an organization like this one to maybe make a move that's going to help a player, meaning if again, if you have a lot of one thing, or there's an opportunity to create a window for them somewhere else and you can still get better as an order. Like that's also a conversation. You know, it doesn't mean it works out that way, but it's just nice to know that they are considering human beings. They are considering in the doctor's organization. Just doing the best you can to support their individual and like give them a great career.
Speaker 5: I love waiting for you. I'll wait tend deep to talk to you next time.
Speaker 19: I appreciate your waiting. Man, you know me, it's always gonna be the job first. But then absolutely make sure I get a chance to enjoy the people around, enjoy speaking to yourself, and also enjoy listening to you guys on iHeartRadio. And by the way, I'm not paid to say that. I know I got a gift card and all these things, but know whether it's me walking around Arizona and the Complex or if I'm walking around Chicago with the fan anything like that. Like I do listening and tune in, and so it's nice to keep keep tabs on these guys. But also hear how best that that you guys are into the club and it makes it that much more fun to be here in person.
Speaker 5: That's the greatest endorsement I can get. So thank you for the time. And Jason Hayward now will receive a gift card to Javiers.
Speaker 14: Freddie.
Speaker 5: You want to go out to Freddy's favorite spot in Newport beach locations in Pasadena, Irvine, up and down the coast. You'll maybe see those two guys humble and hungry at Javier's. Jason Hayward, thanks a lot, and we'll see you soon. Thank you, mister Vice President of Assistance to the Baseball Operations Staff.
Speaker 14: Oh hey, David, I appreciate it. Man.
Speaker 19: Oh again, always a pleasure. Glad we got the no cross paths here. I'll see you the next couple of series. Let's finish this one on a strong note, and I'll see you in Chicago as well.
Speaker 7: No doubt.
Speaker 5: I love it Chicago with Jason Hayward. That will be a time. We'll send it back to you the studio.
Speaker 6: Tim, you never know who's listening to the Dodgers Audio on Network, on the iHeartRadio app, and of course Sirius Sexcentem all the different grade stations across the country.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Jay hay.
Speaker 6: As we leave you out the first pitch, Dodgers and the Mariners up next.
Speaker 4: We'll dive deeper this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 6: Tim Kates is the back to back of Will's series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for La Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Mariners on this Wednesday night ed when Diz Bobblehead Nights and the trumpets maybe blaring tonight. As he has been activated off the injured list, could we see him come in to close out a Dodger game. We'll find out his first pitch is coming up at seventeen and.
Speaker 2: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: Eberson Hancock on the mound for the Mariner's twenty seven year old right hander sixth overall pick in the twenty twenty draft out of Georgia. Third full season in the Big league's fastball sinker sweeper cutter, making his twenty start this year last time out six innings, two runs, five hits, three strikeouts, getting no decision against the Reds. Before that, he pitched just an inning in two thirds against the Tampa Bay Rays. He got hit on a line drive on his throwing hand and had to come out of the game, but again he came back and pitched six strong innings against the Reds. Over his last four starts, he's got a one thirty three ERA with sixteen strikeouts and holding opponent's batters to a one to sixty nine average. This is the first time he facing the Dodgers. There's some rumors that Emerson Hancock could be traded and this could be his final starts in Seattle. We'll find out where the Mariners ended up going at the trade deadline.
Speaker 4: Eric Lower on the mound of for the.
Speaker 6: Dodgers, five and five with the four eighty three ERA. Since coming over at May seventeen in the Toronto Blue Jays, he's four to oh with a three to thirty five ERA. We're in the Dodger uniform. The thirty one year old left hander making his ninth appearance, eight start since coming over at the trade last time out five and a third innings, allowed three runs on four hits, striking out five and a win over the Phillies. The Dodgers remain undefeated and each of Lower's start this season, they're seven to zero When he is on the mound. Starting for the Dodgers, he is two and oh with a one forty six ER and twelve and to thirt indings. Against Seattle in his career. Eric Lower last faced them in relief last season with the Blue Jays four and two third scoreless innings, five strikeouts and picking up the win. It's Eric Lower and Emerson Hancock Dodgers Mariners. We are fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasey's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: Go. This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deap on your home for the blue All season.
Speaker 6: Law Law hits the Dodgers and the Seattle Mariners. Game two of this three games set Eric Lawer Emerson Hancock the pitching matchup on Edwin Diz Bobblehead Night for the first forty thousand attendance.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 6: As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Saporo Start Great Moments, Starts Beer, whatever your taste preference. Soporo's got you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Yeah, Sapporo, good with sushi, great with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth one final time. Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 4: All right TC.
Speaker 8: Eric Lower's first pitch is rapidly approaching. Here at Blue Heaven on Earth. It'll be his ninth game and eight start as a Dodger and mo he has been such a godsend for this team because not only has he helped them maintain the six man rotation, but he's also helping them win. The Dodgers have not lost any day that he is pitched no.
Speaker 9: And he's given some extension to where the bullpen has not been overtaxed. One thing about Lauer has been problematic in the first inning. Why well, era is above seven and a half and he's given up six of the twenty home runs, Yes, twenty home runs he's already given up so far this season. He is a flyball pitcher, which is totally the opposite of what the Dodgers are going to see tonight with Emerson Handcoff, who has already benefited from eleven ground bowl double plays, and if we go back to the last night's game, the Dodgers hit into another three ground bowl double plays. That's ninety for the season and that is way too many in fact, there's more than any other team to this point in the season.
Speaker 8: It's eight more than the second yep, yeah close, and they're taking excels out of the situation.
Speaker 9: So for Hancock, you know, the month of July, his ERA is one point two to three. When he's ahead in the count, it's a one sixty two average against. Doesn't fall behind that often, but when he does, he has been hit and hit hard over three hundred batting average.
Speaker 8: A big key that circled in my brain, Tim is you get it back to you is the situational hitting that has been tough for the Dodgers over the last four games. Specifically the last four games with runners in the scoring position, they're seven for forty four. It's a combined one fifty nine average in those spots. And ultimately, you know, last night, that's the game ended the tying run on third base, nobody out ultimately second and third and they could not push across the tying run against Munos who was on the rope. So let's see how good the Dodgers are in situational hitting spots against a pitcher in Hancock who's had a really strong year and runs tonight could be at a premium. It's the second game of a three game set for the Dodgers and Mariners will join in a little bit, all.
Speaker 6: Right, thank you, Nelly. Dodgers sixty seven and forty. Some early games in die across baseball today include the Diamondbacks who won, the Padres who won. So as we speak, Dodgers going to play eleven games up on Arizona, twelve and a half games up on the Padres, who have won five in a row seven.
Speaker 4: Of their last ten.
Speaker 6: So here comes San Diego Giants forty or forty six and sixty two. There twenty one and a half game is back in the Colorado Rockies.
Speaker 4: There's always twenty twenty seven some.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Mariners squareing off game two of this three games set. Eric Lauer, Now, Dodgers haven't lost since the left hander has come over from Toronto. First pitches next, and joy everybody, this has been Marongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Seria champion Dodgers on a network