Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 3: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 1: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats, Hi.
Speaker 6: Everybody, and welcome in Tibo Rongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Tuesday night, July the twenty eighth, as your Los Angeles Dodgers sixty seven and thirty nine on this season all alone atop the NL West, the Dodgers home with a twelve and a half game lead in the division over the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: After a nine game, ten day East.
Speaker 6: Coast road trip, the Dodgers finally back at the Review for the first time since the All Star Break. The Seattle Mariners in town for the first of three in an interleague series. Justin Robleski on the mount in the series open her first pitch from Uniclo Field, the Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you are gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 4: That's coming up.
Speaker 6: In twenty minutes, we'll preview this pitching matchup David Vats say, well, join us throughout the hour.
Speaker 4: He'll go one on one with Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 6: Coming up at about forty five minutes, we'll visit with Sportsnet LA's Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 4: In just a little bit. Dodgers' magical moment coming up. We got your o Tani Rewind in.
Speaker 6: In just a few minutes, we will head out to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday in the Galloping Forward a broadcast booth. Well, Dodgers were off yesterday Sunday in New York. They had a chance to sweep the Mets, but the bullpen gave it up a lead late lead and man, she ain't got to start. The right hander well got into some early trouble. First three batters reach safely, Francisco Lindor in RBI sing and then Matt Taddy won nothing lead in the first After that, though, immachine would settle in, didn't give up or hit the rest of the way five innings, lou just that one run, just the three hits, five strikeouts. The Dodgers offense came alive in the third, getting after Mets starter Freddy Peralta Leazar Alfonso a leadoff double. Two batters later, Andy pa haz drew a walk that brought up Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 7: Still two and two.
Speaker 2: The seventh pitch to Freddy shoots it down the left field line, slicing down fair ball into the corner.
Speaker 4: Alfonso will score. Pa has stops at.
Speaker 2: Third, an RBI double for Freddy Freeman to tie the game at one, five hundred and seventy fourth two base hit of Freddy's career, tying in.
Speaker 4: With Charlie Gearinger and Bobby.
Speaker 8: Or Brew Keith rolling with the best of them, slicing the ball the way that only Freddy can go on line, the line from pull up and in.
Speaker 5: To just going back to Freddy the other way.
Speaker 3: That was just a beautiful piec of hitting at the right time.
Speaker 5: One he decided steven to slow the pace of the.
Speaker 6: Bat RBYI double for Freddi. That's the top tier played the game. Brought to my rco quality top tier gas for less to Dodgers, tying the game in one career double number five seventy four for Freddie Freeman, now top twenty five all time on the Baseball All Time doubles list. The very next batter, Max Buntzen Rbi groundout, and just like that, the Dodgers grabbed the two to one lead. In the fourth, Dodgers put the pressure on again, taking advantage of some well bad Mets defense, they loaded the bases Alfonso and Rbi groundout.
Speaker 4: Dodgers up three to one.
Speaker 6: Ima Sheen left after five innings with the lead, turned it over to the Dodgers bullpen. Jack Dryer got the sixth. He walked two of the first three batters that he faced. Dave Roberts has seen enough when to Evan Phillips brought him in to get him out of a jam.
Speaker 4: Instead, that didn't work out.
Speaker 2: Dodger infield shifted over to the left side once he about fifteen feet inside the third base line. The pitch, Taylor cranks it down the left field line.
Speaker 4: This ball is way gone.
Speaker 2: And New York has taken a lead on a three run home run from the Torrance native Tyrone Taylor. This is why we said last night and again today, if you're gonna let the Mets beat you, make them earn it. For the two walks from Dryer come around to score on Taylor's home run, and the Dodgers now trail four to three.
Speaker 4: Torrence is on.
Speaker 6: Tyron Taylor greets Evan Phillips with a three run a home run to loft Field, flipping the scoreboard in favor of the Mets, who took a four to three lead.
Speaker 4: In inning.
Speaker 6: Later, the Dodgers' bullpen unraveled more. A wild pitch brought home another run before Marcus Simon delivered the knockout blow, the three run home run capping off a four run seventh innen that stretched the Mets lead to eight to three. The Dodgers offense and able to mount to comeback as they dropped the series finale in New York on Sunday. The Dodgers bullpen gave up seven unanswered runs. Despite the loss, Dodgers still take two to three from the Mets. They finish off the road trip having won all three series out of the All Star Break.
Speaker 4: Now they return home game home.
Speaker 6: Stand up first, the Seattle Mariners, Jesin Robleski on the mount of the series opener, first bitch at seven ten and with more, let's heat out to the gallopin Ford Broadcast booth as we welcome in.
Speaker 4: Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday. Guys.
Speaker 8: All right, tim, the Dodgers are back home ready to play Game one hundred and seven, having gone six and three on the road trip, winning two out of three from the Yankees, Phillies, and the Mets. And here in the Seattle Mariners the first of a three game series. The Red Sox come in after that, then the Dodgers hit the road again. Also back at Dodgers Stadium, Rick Monday, who we got a chance to see at the Hall of Fame on Sunday afternoon. You were there with all the great players in it, and I said to you before we went on there, thankfully been around a lot. It was one of those events, knowing you, knowing everybody on stage that I really wanted to be at.
Speaker 9: It's the first time I've been there for four days. Absolutely magnificent event that takes place, and it's like three days a constant. How they do it is remarkable. You know, our friend Josh Robins, who's now the president of the National Baseball Hall of Fame, and Jane Fordes Robinson, whose grandfather started up the Hall of Fame. What they do in that period of time, everything from transportation to meals, to security, to presentations to parties, absolutely magnificent. And it was a great experience. And to be able to get around some guys, some of whom I played against, some of whom I read about, and still in awe of most all of them and the way that that entire thing happened. But to see the crowds, the people that really watch baseball, they get involved with baseball, and to see who their heroes were.
Speaker 3: As kids and other adults.
Speaker 9: This game of baseball touches so many different lives, Charlie, we have no idea. It's not just at the ballpark. It's all over the country, it's all over the world.
Speaker 8: It was a convention of the greatest players of our generation.
Speaker 5: There are not many people get onto that stage.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I was there briefly.
Speaker 9: We had an event on Saturday that covered the Baseball Writers with Paul Hoyns, who was conducted in the Hall of Fame, Joe Buck with an award for the Hall of Fame, and also Bill White, who was not only an outstanding player, but then he became also nationally president at one particular time. So the culmination of all of those events and then to sit down and talk about this game of baseball.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like, well, you know, I hit this. Everybody knew that. It was about the game.
Speaker 9: It was about the inner workings, it was about the people in and around baseball.
Speaker 8: I was just going to say, it's all about the people, and it was just a wonderful event. I was so glad to see you on that stage, and you the flag being honored over the weekend as well. Welcome back. Here are the Mariners, the first of a three game series, and it's going to be Luis Castillo and Justin Roblessi pitching tonight. We'll get to all of that other baseball stuff a little bit.
Speaker 3: Later on too.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 6: If we got you down the first pitch, Dodger fans, get that game day meal on at Shanky's Pizza Parlor or of your Shanky's Pete Chick and Mojo's do it right now. It's Shanky's dot Com coming up here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: You are gonna hear.
Speaker 6: From the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Kyle Tucker. David Vassa of course checks in throughout the hour. We'll break down this pitching match up, your magical moment. How about up next, your Tani, your Ewine, an Riston Watson from sports and at LA stops by. That's all coming up to lead you up to Dodgers and the Mariners on this Tuesday night, Dodgers back home. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Mariners, the start with three games series. Justin Robleski, Luis Castillo. The bitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: This is the Otani rewind where show.
Speaker 2: Hey, he is two for nine in the series, was zero for five last night. The one one Otani tore the right center field gap. That's down for a hit. Youwing over from second Otani trying for a double the throw is a little late. Show Hay slides in safely a lead off two base hit.
Speaker 6: Show hey Otani with a double one for four in Sunday, this game against the New York Mets. How however, show hey Otani the last ten games, hitting just two fourteen, with only one home run, just four rbi, and hitting just two point fifty on on base percentage as the Dodgers fell to the Mets on Sunday at City Field eight to three.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Keerson now joins us from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest With a donate old car call today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donating now Cars for Kids dot org. That's Cars with a K. He's missed a one hundred and four games this year because of injuries, Key k Hernandez.
Speaker 4: But guess who's back tonight, Kirsten.
Speaker 10: He's back, and you know what, he might have missed some time, but he is still batting a thousand and I think that's a pretty fun little fact there. But when you're in all seriousness with Keith k Hernandez, he is someone who you know, we saw him come off the IELT earlier this year, coming off of that elbow injury. While right before he played that evening, ends up tweaking his oblique during batting practice and ultimately found out that he was dealing with a Grade three oblique strain. So that meant that there was a tear off of the rib, he shared today, and you know, when you get that news, that's that's scary. He's obviously a veteran player, so it was more of what does that mean for his career? What does that mean for what's next? Will he be able to return this year? So he did have to manage all those anxieties and those fears, but he shared that things have really been best case scenario. So he was able to undergo like a stem cell treatment slash therapy, and that allowed for the oblique to heal a little bit faster. He said that once he got to the six week mark from the injury, he had some imaging that presented it's still a small, just light tear, but ultimately everything around it was healed and he was feeling better, so he was able to then get really going playing at full speed, get back to of course, and starting a rehab assignment and getting that build up. So he did say that he comes in coming off the IL today, he feels really good. He admitted there are a few nerves, so he did knock on wood just because you know, the last time he came back, he said he was excited and ready to get going and unfortunately dealt with another injury. So he he wants to be back out there. He wants to help this team win. And the good news is that he's feeling better, he is ready, and he's coming back at a time where he just has to gear up for October. Since now it's essentially around the corner.
Speaker 6: Well, Keyk is the first of several Dodgers who are gonna start coming back here.
Speaker 4: Reinforcements are on their way. They are even it was funny.
Speaker 10: Freddy Freeman the other day was kind of laughing and he was like, this is basically the tread deadline just within the team. So, as we mentioned, we've got key K today. Edwin Diaz is going to be coming off of the IL tomorrow just in time for his Babill Hiding night.
Speaker 4: So that's gonna be pretty fun.
Speaker 10: I'm hoping that means the trumpets are going to be back here at Dodger Stadium. It just only feels fitting. So you've got that, and then you have other guys, especially on the starting pitching side, So we know Blake Snell's already on his rehab assignment continuing his build up. His next one should be hopefully getting through four innings of work four and sixty five, and then Dave Roberts has been clear that once he gets to that five and seventy five mark, they feel really comfortable about bringing him back and having him then be ready to go, So that is that's in a few weeks, that will be soon. Then the other guy to keep an eye on is Tyler glassnow, so Tyler's actually going to be facing during a live VP tomorrow here at Dodger Stadium, and after that he should be starting a rehabit signment as long as things go well. So now you're starting to truly see the rotations getting healthy. And then the last on the list really is Will Smith, but he's returned to baseball activity. He is now pain free, so that is a very big step for him and hopefully it's just so you can continue having good days and stacking them. And then he can be starting a rehibit signment soon as well.
Speaker 6: This team is only going to get better as they get healthy and those bodies are coming back.
Speaker 4: And it begins with Keith K. Karston.
Speaker 6: We appreciate it. We'll check out with you after the game. Still to come here, I'm Wronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll go one on one with Kyle Tucker. But I'm next an injury report and we'll here for the manager. Dave Roberts as well leads up to Dodgers and Mariners first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Katsu's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 6: Marago Casino Dodgers on Denck continues on this Tuesday night as we lead up to first pitch Dodgers and the Mariners Marago Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam four Good times. Justin Robleski Luis Castillo. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 4: He's back.
Speaker 6: Key Y Hernandez returns from the injured list active in in just a little while ago, Alex Friedland got sent back to Triple A Oklahoma City. It's the second time he has come off the injured list this year. Remember, he played in two games, went four to fourth the home run couple of doubles, but went back on the IEO with the oblique injury after an elbow offseason surgery.
Speaker 4: He has missed one hundred and four games this year.
Speaker 6: But Keiky Hernandez is back and on the roster, but not in the starting lineup. Tonight, Blake Snell is going to go on his third minor league rehab assignment with Ontario. Yes, they've decided to send him out to Ontario with the Tower Buzzers tomorrow where you set to go for four Indians. Edwin Diaz scheduled to come off the injured list tomorrow, so the calvary is returning to help out this Dodgers team, which doesn't need a lot of help. Their first place atop the NL West and running away with the division. Let's head back out to the ravine and checking in with the Dodgers, gever anything else.
Speaker 3: The questions for Dave Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 7: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's certainly getting to be whole. You know, excited to get key k back and when we came back you know, uh a month ago whenever it was, you know, came out swinging the bat. Well, so trying to figure out when to get him in the lineup. So that's exciting. As you said, we'll get Edwin back here tomorrow, so he's checked all his boxes. So, uh, getting him back in the mix is going to be fun for all of us as well. But I think, yeah, it's just good to get back home and you know, get back into this routine. Uh, you know, being at home, so excited about seeing a team we haven't seen for quite some time. And that should be a good series with these guys.
Speaker 10: You feel like are even when you start a key case specifically, do have to sit do you have to ease them kind of back and come out that a leak injury?
Speaker 11: I think it's a little bit and I think that you know, we've got three right handers this series, so I'm not sure if he's going to get a start, use him off the bench, but then after that, you know is projected. We've got five left handed starters in a row, so there should be some a lot of opportunities right there for him. So yeah, but I think certainly. I mean, he's checked all the boxes. He feels good.
Speaker 4: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: When we continue here on Marogo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we all check you out with David Vezy. We talked to Blake Snell. How's he feeling? Make one more rehabs start? And we are now less than a week away from the MLB trade deadline. Well, the Dodger's going to be buyers sellers neither. We'll find out from dB the latest lead up to first pitch Dodgers and Mariners.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim kateson.
Speaker 6: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Mariners, the first of three from the Ravine. Justin Robleski and Louis Castillo the pitching matchup as this.
Speaker 4: Series gets underway.
Speaker 6: It's an interleague homestand with the Mariners and the Red Sox coming to town.
Speaker 4: Dodgers first time back since the All Star Break.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by our friends at al Pato, Born in La and made for your game day. Al Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas, and hot sauces right to your plate every single time.
Speaker 4: El Pato, It's gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger inside there.
Speaker 6: David and DVI now joins us from the stadium where the Dodgers haven't been in a few weeks. But back home at the Ravine and speaking of back kek Hernandez, David is back with the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: And I can report he survived batting practice today. Tim, Yeah, because remember when he was activated the first time, he tweaked something when he was taking batting practice and kind of hit it, played, played well, and then all of a sudden the oblique was too painful to ignore and he had a Grade three strain which put him back on the il. So all is well today with Key Hernandez and really, uh, he just said he committed himself to the rehab process, taking it by winning each day and not getting too far ahead of himself. And he said what got him out of depression was being in his car, being in traffic driving home the night that he found out that he had a great three oblique strain and his wife called him, and his wife kind of got him out of that depression, kind of motivated him to not allow this to be a season ending injury because he was concerned about that. He was even talking about when he heard grade three that it could have been a surgical procedure and that would have ended his year. But he went through cryout therapy, he went through stem cell therapy. So he committed himself to come back and here he is at the right time to help the Dodgers down the stretch. And of course we all know nobody as a role player is bigger than Keith A. Hernandez in October.
Speaker 4: No doubt about it.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by Ford Summer Sales Event. Don't wait hurrying down for the best offers of the year. Ford Official vehicle of Major League Baseball. So Keith Gay's backed when Diaz is supposed to come back here very shortly.
Speaker 4: Probably tomorrow.
Speaker 6: What about Blake SNeW David, I know he was floating around Dodger Stadium today and he's heading to Ontario tomorrow.
Speaker 4: But what's the latest.
Speaker 5: Well, the number one thing with Blake Snell he needs to get twelve outs tomorrow to even be in the conversation to make another start at the big league level. That's something that Mark Pryor made very clear to me that the Dodgers need him to get twelve outs to even consider activating him after tomorrow. That's number one in the conversation. But Snell feels like he's on the right track. He's starting to get the feelback for his change up in his curveball, but his fastball in his last start for Oklahoma City was somewhere between ninety five and ninety seven. So he's on his way. It's still unclear even to Snell. He told me about what the next step will be after tomorrow's start in Ontario. A lot hinges on what the Dodgers do and do not do at the trade deadline, which is coming up next Monday.
Speaker 6: Real quick, Dave, what are you hearing about the trade deadline as you mentioned now six days away?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know everybody wants to continue to link the Dodgers to Trek Schoolball. From my sources, they tell me that the Rays are going to be all in at this trade deadline to add offense and also be very aggressive if the Tigers are willing to trade school ball to be in the mix on that. And I'll just go on the record right now. If the Rays upgrade their offense, and even if they don't get school ball, I feel like we're headed towards a twenty twenty World Series rematch this fall.
Speaker 4: Oh, wouldn't that be something?
Speaker 5: Just sorry about that, Fox Sports, but that's my prediction.
Speaker 4: Apologies to you, Fox Sports. All right, thank you DV.
Speaker 6: When we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in again with Rick Monday as we can lead you up to first pitch. Also gonna hear from Kyle Tucker. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson's the Back to Back World. Here a Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: HiT's the Dodgers and the Mariners. Justin Robleski Luis Castile. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up, sevent ten, I do out of all without.
Speaker 9: A hot dog?
Speaker 1: Who wants that hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment pitch Magical presented by Hawkey Hot Togs.
Speaker 6: Well, the Dodgers take it on the Mariner as we go back to September of last year, September twenty eighth in Seattle, a day in which show Hey o Tan he set a new Dodger home run record with fifty five in a season. But it was all about Clayton Kershaw that day.
Speaker 9: Kers Show is beginning to warm up. Dave Roberts came out and had a conversation with a hopeful umpires to surewater. He had no idea what was about. Normally doesn't happen?
Speaker 12: Three two, swing on him, miss strike three, strike him out with a slider. Well, seven strikeouts. What a day for Kershaw. Yeah, and now and here, Freddy Freeman is coming out of the dugout and he is gonna.
Speaker 5: Take Kershaw out of the game.
Speaker 12: Freddy's clapping people realizing what's happening. There's a hug on the mound right now between Freeman and Kershaw. Folks all over this ballpark on their feet. Not a soul is sitting as Kershaw gets hugs from all of his teammates individually, and another one for Freeman is Freeman was given the honor today.
Speaker 5: Of taking out Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 3: Listen to him here in Seattle.
Speaker 6: Clayton Kershaw, on his final regular season start ever, picked up the win when five and a third innings, no runs, four hit, seven strikeouts, and you heard it, Freddy Freeman came out and took the ball from him. And what was a great moment last September in Seattle. This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey Soilkow's local chesure for nearly one hundred years Offfey hot Dogs Local and so great. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back again with Rick Monday. So we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Mariners. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Mariners on this Tuesday night. Justin Robleski, Luis Castill, the pitching mat chip. Time now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now Verizon and you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big.
Speaker 4: Visit your so Calm for Verizon store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: It's great to be reunited with Rick Monday at the ballpark after a great trip to Cooperstown. How was induction weekend for you?
Speaker 9: Rick was absolutely to two different ceremonies and one at the Opera House where this Fort Sea Frick Award to Joe Buck Paul Hoynes, who has covered baseball for a lot of years. The Baseball Writers Association, Bill White was recognized not only an outstanding player but also became the National League President and recognition of the plang which will remain on scene. Actually, it was going to be a Till Memorial Day that Barbara and I talked to Josh Rowits, the president of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and said, look, let's keep it there till the next April sometime, and it maybe you've extended more than that. He has been received very well the trim we've been fortshift to go to a lot of different things. Charlie Steiner and I were talking. It's good to have Charlie back in the booth tonight as well. But talking, we've been proms go to a lot of different events. I have never been to one that was so well coordinated from every possible facet that you can think of, from transportation to security, to meals to lodging to everything else.
Speaker 3: It was magnificent.
Speaker 9: And to see the three guys inducted into a Baseball's Hall of Fame, Jeff Kent, who spent some time here, Andrew Jones, who spent some time here with the Dodgers. Both of those spoke very eloquently about what.
Speaker 3: It meant to them. And just talking to the Jeff Kent, I mean he was.
Speaker 9: In tears and just talking to him a couple of days before the celebration and his talks, it means a lot. And when you get back there, the nice thing is is that talking to people that have just been mesmerized by this game of baseball.
Speaker 3: You know, we come to ballpark.
Speaker 9: I talked about this a lot, but there's a reason I talk about it. When we come into the gate, whether it be as a broadcaster, whether it be as a fan or as a player, we leave reality at the game.
Speaker 3: That's the strong point.
Speaker 9: Now, the negative part of that when the game's over, they handed to us on the way out. But while we're here, it is absolutely magical. And to go there and see some of the Hall of Fame players that I grew up watching to begin with, and then some that I played with and others that we have watched into the broadcast is you go full circle. But when you talk about baseball, there's something magical. It does not matter at all the age or the time period that you played or watched the game, or managed or anything else. It was just a very very special, special weekend brick.
Speaker 5: We've heard when you go to Cooperstown it's like being in a time wark.
Speaker 9: It is about for those that have never been there. It's about an hour and a half from Albany, New York. You can find into Albany and then you have to figure out Grand transportation to get there, but on the lake, in the setting, in the hotel, and then the Hall of Fame is within walking distance you can go through there. I still remember the you know, last month, my wife and I were there, and to go down into the archives, into the belly of the building where they have everything that is archived and in special vaults and what have you, to see some of the uniforms that were worn by players that we looked at and were absolutely mesmerized by how well they played the game.
Speaker 3: To be there and to be a part of it and go through the Hall.
Speaker 9: Of Fame, anyone that has ever really been attracted to the game of baseball, you owe it yourself because you truly go through a time machine going back into time with these homes that were you know, they're over one hundred years old. What they had done with the museum is fantastic, and all of the people there is just a very memorable moment.
Speaker 5: One last question for you. Was there one plaque of a Hall of Famer that you wanted to see when you went back there.
Speaker 9: No, but there was a bat that I wanted to see, and also a couple.
Speaker 3: Of jerseys too, to be exact.
Speaker 9: One of them was in Joe Demagio, because Demagio was a coach with the Oakland A's when you know, I was my third year in Major League Baseball, and I thought him there was no very very well, and he kind of took me under his wing a little bit. And everyone was another coach that I had, the great Gabby Hartnett, who was a coach when I first.
Speaker 3: Came up within the Kansas City A's.
Speaker 9: And one of the things that Gabby did, if you think back the home run that Babe Ruth called at Wrigley Field, well, Gabby Harton was the catcher that day. Gabby told Renee Latchman, a catcher who happened to be my teammate in Double A ball and then eventually with the big leagues too, he told Renee what actually took place at home plate that day with the caveat that Renee could never tell what he was told by Gabby harten Well. I talked to Renee Latchman two nights ago along with Tony la Russa, who was also a teammate of ours at the time with the A's, and to this day, Renee Latchman was so much respect for Gabby Hartman has never told what Gabby told him that actually took place at home plate with Babe Ruth. Did he call it? Did he not call it? To this day, we don't know, only Renee Latchman does.
Speaker 5: All right, Rick, you'll keep that in the vault. Thank you for sharing. What a great weekend in Cooperstown for you and it was magical. Thanks a lot, Rick, We'll check back in with you and Charlie. Stephen Nelson will join you a little bit later in the game. We'll send it back to you, Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 6: Dv Dodgers Baseball is presided by Uniclo Field the Dodgers Stadium. There's a Uniclo dot Com slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Charlie and Rick love the keys of the game.
Speaker 6: But up next we go high and tight with Kyle Tucker Dodgers Mariners. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Lead you up to Dodgers and Mariners Justin Robleski Luis Castillo the pitching matchup series opener, first pitch at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shakey's Dot Com.
Speaker 1: Now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This is high and Tucked. The Dodgers are back home after a great road trip winning every single series. The bus rides must have been electric with Miguel Rojas and Kyle Tucker. Kyle Tucker joins us in the shadow a World Series hero, Miguel Rojas. How you doing? Do you feel comfortable enough to continue this interview with Rojas right here?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I feel great. He makes it even more comfortable, So let's do it.
Speaker 5: What's it been like for you so far this season? We're in August now, there's only sixty games left in the season, So the feeling out part of you being part of this team is over with Tucker.
Speaker 7: I hope.
Speaker 13: So after what almost four months or whatever, But no, it's been great. I mean everyone here is awesome. I mean I love showing ups the field ey day and being around these guys and everyone in the clubhouse.
Speaker 7: So it's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Everybody always wants to know what's it like, what's so special about the Dodgers? What have you found out in your first season?
Speaker 13: I mean everyone's super supportive of each other, whether it's stuff outside of baseball or like off the field or everything on the field.
Speaker 7: Everyone's very like supportive of.
Speaker 13: Each other, and everyone's just trying to, you know, achieve the same goal at the end of the year and help each other out with that. So that's a that's a big part of why this seems so good and why everyone's so close. And then I mean they do it a lot of the stuff, like for the families as well, whether you're starting the game for the wives and kids that comes to the games, or helping out with like travel stuff and everything. It makes a lot easier for us not to have to worry about that. So they do a great job in all aspects.
Speaker 5: I thought this last road trip was amazing for you guys, nine games, ten days, like you said some guys had a divert to Washington, d C. For a handful of hours, and you won every single series doubleheader, our twenty rain delay in Philly. How did you guys maintain and be able to still raise your level of.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was tough.
Speaker 13: I mean, especially for the guys that were, you know, have an ulsco break at all, and they were on the road from the get go. So it was a long road trip in that we got a job to do regardless of where we're at, or where we're at in the season, where we're at in the country playing or anything. So we just try to come out and just win the games regardless of the situation. But yeah, a lot of the guys had a long road trip, and you know, everyone and I think is very happy to be back back on the West Coast and in LA playing at home.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: Kyle Tucker is our guest to head a first pitch between the Dodgers and Mariners. A rare second half radio interview for Kyle Tucker, Homers and back to back games in New York, and all of a sudden, TV wants a piece of Tucker. He stopped gave me a courtesy fist bump our handshake and moved on to television. That's how in demand you are these days, Tucker.
Speaker 13: Yeah, obviously I'd like to do a lot more interviews because it means I'm doing well.
Speaker 7: So, I mean, I guess it's a good thing.
Speaker 5: Where is the feel right now on the season.
Speaker 7: I feel good.
Speaker 13: I mean, just trying to put together competitive bats and just try and keep the line movement for everyone else.
Speaker 7: So just try and continue that.
Speaker 13: I felt like I had some really good at bats, especially the end of the Philly series and then going into the Met series, So just try and carry that on all right.
Speaker 5: Before I let Kyle Tucker go, he and his wife have formed the Kyle Tucker Foundation. They've got a great Instagram page, and they have a great fundraiser coming up on August twentieth to help end of life families and also the caregivers. That's coming up on August twentieth. Tickets are available in their link of their bio on the Kyle Tucker Foundation.
Speaker 3: Ig.
Speaker 5: Why is that such a special cause to you and your wife?
Speaker 13: Well, so my grandfather passed away a few years ago and he went through hospital scare, so that's kind of a where it all started and then we came up with the foundation like a few months later going into the next the next following year. So we've kind of done some stuff throughout and I don't think you know, the palliative care and hospital scare facilities necessarily get the recognition for the work that they do and everything.
Speaker 7: So we try and help out with all the work.
Speaker 13: That they do over there because it is a tough time having to go through that, and you never know if you're gonna have to go through or family member loved one, so it's tough. So we just try and help out and recognize some of the workers in the in the stuff that they do and everyone. So and then that this will be like our first event out here in LA so that that's exciting for us and just to try and you know, build what we're trying to do in the community with everyone and just trying to see see where things take us.
Speaker 5: I love it. Hey, speaking of your bibblehead night, I'm available if you need me to throw out the first pitch.
Speaker 13: Perfect might might have to get out there. See what that arm's got.
Speaker 5: Okay, you ask kek what that arm's got. I still got my fastball, Tucker.
Speaker 7: Awesome, let's see it all right.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the time. Always great to catch up with you, and always great to share this side of you, because you're more than a baseball player. You're more than your batting average, You're more than your home runs. You're a person, You're a great guy, and you're vast saying dorst.
Speaker 7: Thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 5: There he goes. Kyle Tucker has been our guest, and here receive a gift card to Travis Matthew. Travis S. Matthew creates elevated apparel and footwear made to meet the moment. We'll send it back into the studio.
Speaker 4: Tip all right, thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 6: Kyle Tucker starting to become one of dv's favorite guys.
Speaker 4: Leading up to.
Speaker 6: First pitch, Dodgers and the Mariners. When we come back, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kansons, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 1: All your network, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Mariners start of a three game Interleague Series. First pitch from Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven ten and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dinat we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: Luis Castillo on the mound three and nine with the forty five e thirty three year old right header at the Dominican Republic in his tenth season, now in the Big League's fifth with the Mariners, making his seventeenth start, fastball, sinkers, slider change of last time out, seven innings, three runs, four hits and a loss to the Reds. In fact, in the month of July, he's zero in three with a four to fifty ERA to his fifth career start against the Dodgers three and ozer, two eighty three R and forty strikeouts. Dodgers haven't seen him though, since June of twenty twenty two, when he was with Cincinnati, making just his third start ever at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: How about Justin Robleski, An.
Speaker 6: All Star this year, the twenty six year old left hander has been absolutely fantastic. Making his seventeen start, He's eleven and two with the two sixty two EERRA, He's already established a career high in innings and wins. He raced fourth in the National League with his two sixty two ERA. He ranked six in the Major leagues with both his whip and his opponents all ops. Last time out, six and the third innings one run, five hit, seven strikeouts and a no decision against the Phillies. Justin Robleski's five and zero with the two thirty two RRA and five starts against the American League this year, he's the first pitcher in Dodger history to win five consecutive interleague starts in one season. Looking at do it again tonight. He's faced the Mariners once. That was in relief last September. It's Justin Robleski, Luiska Stillo, Dodgers and Mariners were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Audio know where.
Speaker 1: This is? Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all season Law.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Mariners. Justin Robleski in search of his twelfth win of the season. Luiska Steo, the veteran going for Seattle first pitch at seven ten. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo start Great moments.
Speaker 4: They always start with Sapporo beer.
Speaker 6: Whatever your taste preference, Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crispin refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Back out to the booth, Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday, guys, all.
Speaker 8: Right, tim Is, The Dodgers and Mariners get ready for the first of a three game series. The Dodger's sitting forty sixty seven and thirty nine, the best record in baseball, twelve and a half in front of Arizona fourteen in front of the Padres. The Mariners have been a disappointment. They're three games under five hundred, they're in third place in the American League West, two and a half behind Texas, and they're one of seven teams within four games in the wildcard race. So here's Robleski start tonight, and who would have thought on opening Day he'd be winning as many games as he has, keeping the opposition at Bay and rarely get assesses.
Speaker 3: He have been threatened.
Speaker 9: No, And I keep in mind too, he began in the bullpenp because of injuries. There was a necessity to find another starter. Boy has he done that. Tonight he'll make his seventeen start, a record of eleven and two. A couple of interesting things about Robleski. First of all, he throws strengths. You know, he goes two strengths in the first three pitches of an advance seventy two percent of the time. This lader has been terrific for him to change up. He gets very high chase rate on change ups in and around the plate. Do not take the Mariners easily, as you mentioned earlier. You know, they're just two and a half games out of first place in America Western Division. Yes, they've lost six of their last ten, but they're on a road drip and they feel, oh yeah, tough customers. The Dodgers with the leading by twelve and a half in the Nashley Western Division, but the Mariners are feeling good about themselves.
Speaker 8: Louis Castillo gets the start. It was trade deadline. He came over to the Mariners four years ago. What's interesting is this may be his last game for the Mariners as the deadline.
Speaker 9: Approaches exactly, And I'm glad he brought that up because is this a showcase for maybe a trade? But again, they're knocking on the door just two and a half games out. Do they want to maybe dilute their product right now? With Castile? Get Ready has been successful at fast ball, a little kind of strange numbers very quickly, first of all in July zo and three thus far.
Speaker 3: But we he's.
Speaker 9: Ahead in account it's over three hundred average. That is puzzling to me because the average against is much lower when he's behind in the count. Why he induces swings at pitches that may or may not be strikes.
Speaker 8: First of three, the Dodgers and the Mariners, then the Red Sox come in. As it's just a gorgeous night at Dodgers Stadium. Welcome back home mode, It's great to be back together again. Lineups and first pitch coming up.
Speaker 6: All right, Thank you very much, Charlie. Don't forget when the game is over. David Vassid's got you covered with all the postgame festivities, including highlights and reaction. Dodgers sixty seven and thirty nine. There are twelve and a half games up on the Diamondbacks, fourteen games up on the San Diego Padres. How about the Diamondbacks had a six to nothing lead in Pittsburgh, that lead gone. They're now tied six to six going to the tenth inning in Pittsburgh, and we'll keep an eye on what's happening with the Padres as well. First pitch when we come back, Justin Robleski looking for win number twelve on this season. It's a Dodgers and Mariners interleague style from the ravine. This has been Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, and you're back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network