Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can.
Speaker 1: They printing money. The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 5: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers Tam.
Speaker 6: Kats Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck as your back to back World Series champions continue the homestand on this Monday night, April thirteen, twenty twenty six. Dodgers eleven and four on the season after taking two of three from the Texas Rangers over the weekend. The homestand now continues with the first of three against the New York Mets. Justin Robleski on the mound, first pitch from Uniclo Field, the Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. That's coming up in twenty minutes. David Batseying goes one on one with Alex Vesia. That is coming up in forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, Kirsten Watson will stop buy from Sports at LA. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup and in just a few minutes we will head over to the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth with Charlie Steiner and Rake Monday. Well, yesterday at the Ravine, another up and down outing from Rookie Susaki as the Dodgers dropped the series finale to the Rangers. Rookie got the start. He had allowed two runs on five hits while walking five over five.
Speaker 4: Innings of work.
Speaker 6: He struck out a career high at six, but he had traffic on the bases almost every inning, and things well, they started off pretty good for the Dodgers, offensively, giving Sasaki a lead. Bottom of the first show, Hey Otani a solo home run Jacob de Grom first pitch, he saw Dodgers up one to nothing. However, in the third, Sasaki had one of those innings he gave up a leadoff home run to Evan Carter that tied the game had won. Then he got two quick outs before a single and a walk put runners on for Josh Smith.
Speaker 2: Two on, two out, two balls, two strides, pitch swung on ground ball right side, that's through for a base hit. Peterson's gonna get waved around third. Tucker's throw to the plate is just late. Peterson scores and the Rangers have the lead two to one on at two strike RBI base hit for the second baseman, Josh Smith.
Speaker 6: RBI single for Smith. Rangers with some two out damage a two to one lead. Sasaki left after five innings and Gardo Enriquez got the sixth. He walked two batters, then gave up an RBI single to Brandon Nemo. Rangers grabbed a three to one lead. Dodgers down to the seventh, but not out a little two out magic of their own. Runner on for Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 2: No ball's one strike to Kyle Tucker. Pitch on the way. He'll swing hit a ground ball in the right fielder base yet rushing rounding THIRDI is coming to the plate.
Speaker 7: He will score into the third is Rojas. It is three to two on.
Speaker 2: A two out run scoring single from Kyle Tucker's Kyle Tucker delivers with two outs that cut the Ashhows lead to a three to two game.
Speaker 6: That's the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. In the eighth, the Dodgers bullpen really let it get away. Ben cos Sparius a single, then a walk, will climb then came in, give an RBI single, then a wild pitch. Rangers a five to two lead, and they go on and beat the Dodgers by that same final score. Yesterday, Jacob Decram gets to win. Roki Sasaki gets tagged with the loss. The Dodgers pitchers combined to give up ten hits and also walk ten. Also a lot of traffic on the base pass allD game long. The Dodgers offense meanwhile just one for sopped with runners in scoring position. Dodgers, despite the loss, still take the series win over the Rangers, and tonight they look to get back on track. New Day, new series, new team in town. The first of three against the New York Mets. Justin Robleski on the mound, first pitch of seven, ten and with more we head over to the galloping forward broadcast booth as we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 8: All right, Tim, The Dodgers now the first of three with the New York Mets.
Speaker 7: Dodgers at eleven and four.
Speaker 8: It won seven of nine, the best record in baseball, game and a half in front of San Diego, two and a half in front of Arizona.
Speaker 7: And then there are the Mets.
Speaker 8: They've lost five in their own seven up and nine down and last place in the National League East. The Dodgers did get some good news before the very first pitch tonight, Edwin Diaz and his shoulder seems to be okay.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there had been a drop in velocity and Dave was asked about it specifically yesterday. We didn't know if he was going to be available out of the bullpen or not. Have we did not see him come out of the bullpen. Dodters dropping that decision, but they did lose the services have been conspiraous who's been placed on the injured list. Kyle Hurt has been called up. He is available for tonight. But good news obviously when you lose the back end of your bullpen. But it's a whole different strength than the being able to go down there. So the fact that Diaz is okay, I don't know how gingerly they're going to go about calling him on, But indeed, as you mentioned, good news to begin with.
Speaker 8: So the Dodgers will be sending out tonight justin Robleski, you'll be making his third start. David Peterson is going for the Mets. Interesting mough and it has nothing to do with what they do on the field, But these two teams have payrolls combining eight hundred million dollars, these two teams who are going to be watching tonight.
Speaker 9: Yeah, ones in first and ones in last, at least at the beginning. I think the Dodger's there for a lot of different reasons, being eleven and four and four and two at home. We continue to talk about the bottom third of the lineup. So look at some numbers earlier today. The number seven hitter in the lineup, which tonight's going to be Max Bunsey against the left hander. But the number seven hitters are hitting at three h four, The number eight hitters collectively are hitting four to twenty six, and the number nine hitters are hitting at three twenty. They have set the table beautifully for the top of the order as show.
Speaker 8: Hey, he's been on base all fifteen games this season, forty six strait since last year. And we can't go a day without talking about Andy Paez this time last year through fifteen games. He's hitting one fifty nine tonight coming into game fifteen sixteen, four twenty nine.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and you can see the confidence. The other part too, is not only the batting, but also the defense. He's got much more confidence in going after the baseball and not to be overlooked as Will Smith, because if you look at the catchers between Will Smith and with Dalton Rushing was the line up yesterday, you know the Dodgers kidders as far as the catchers when they come on to him are hitting combined three point fifty seven with five home runs and knocked in eleven.
Speaker 8: At the four nineteen on base percentage. Yep, that's toward the bottom of the order. We'll get to the meat of the order in the lineups and first bitch a little bit later on Tim.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, Charlie, as we cut you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza Shakey to Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear for the manager Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Dodger reliever Alex Messiah. David vats Day checks in throughout the hour. He dived deep into this pitching matchup. But up next your otania rewind and we'll visit with sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Mets. Hello, Kinny, sweat your night out here at Dodgers Stadium. First bitch coming up at sevent ten, Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kase's the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Hits, the Dodgers and the New York Mets. On this Monday night, Wonky weather rained in parts of southern California. Lightning and thunder and partly cloudie right near right now here at Dodgers Stadium. As to get you ready for the Mets and Dodgers. Justin Robleski and David Peterson. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for seven to ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 2: He has dealt with injuries throughout his career, but he's certainly been able to prevent runs. Otani swings the first pitch, hits a drive tape to right way back.
Speaker 10: It's god first pitch home run. Back to back days for old Tony with leadoff home runs, and the Dodgers jump on the ground one nothing.
Speaker 7: Holy schmooks, what a smash to light field.
Speaker 9: You just don't dare take your eyes off this guy.
Speaker 2: It's the twenty sixth career leadoff home run for old Toni, his twentieth.
Speaker 7: As a Dodger are number twenty hundred in his second in less than twenty four.
Speaker 4: Hours, show hey.
Speaker 6: Otani goes deep on the first pitch he sees from Jacob de Gram in the bottom of the first yesterday, extending his on Bay Street to forty six games, fifth longest in Dodger history, only behind Duke Snyder, Sean Green, Willie Keeler, and Ron Say.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Kirston now joins us here at Dodger Stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donated today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now in Carsfrokids dot Org. That's cars with a K. It's hello, Kiddy Night, Hello Kitty Hoodie for first forty thousand fans in attendance, the in town to start a three game series, and Kirsten.
Speaker 4: That means Edwin Diaz is facing his former team.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, it truly does mean all eyes are on Edwin Diaz, especially because when you look at the last few days. On Friday, he unfortunately did have his first blown save of the season and Dodger Blue, and you know, after that outing, everyone did notice that the velocity was a tick down. Dave Roberts said, even when you see two miles per hours down, something typically isn't right. Of course, they had him talk with the training staff. Edwin has made it clear that he has continued to feel good. He just said that he felt in the outing on Friday that he just didn't kind of have the umph behind it. He didn't really have his stuff in the best position, so he's essentially cleared all of the tests. But even yesterday Dave Roberts was saying that he had felt like they were going to approach it day to day. They're looking at the long game with Edwin Diaz. Of course, it's still early in the season and they want him to be available for the biggest of moments. But that being said, when it comes to this series, Dave Roberts did say that if there's a situation in which the team is a close game, they're looking for the same He does feel comfortable with getting edwent out there to face this one, the team playing them on the mat.
Speaker 6: Looking at the Dodgers' offense, we talk all from about the big four from Miokie Bets, Freddie Freeman, Will Smith and show Hey o Tani, Kyle Tucker. But then you look at the rest of this Dodgers lineup, really five through nine. Yeah, it's been those guys who have been the te the guy's getting done.
Speaker 11: You know what I mean. It really feels like it's been Andy path has who's been that guy. But it has been five through nine. Of course, we talk about the guys at the bottom of the order, whether it's a Hey Son, Kim Miguel Rojas right now, Alex Freeland, these are guys they are getting on base, they're turning the lineup over and even if you look specifically at five through nine, So in wins, those hitters have a three six four batting average, fourteen home runs, forty one RBI. But in the losses it's a one to eighty five batting average, no home runs and two only two RBI. So it's such an extreme difference. Yeah, and Dave Roberts has said that he's finding that. Of course, when you have the bottom of the order, when they're getting going, it lengthens the lineup, but it also creates a dynamic in which it's setting the tone for the top of the order. Of course, putting guys like Show Hey and Kyle Tucker in a position where they can bring in runs and so it just really changes how things and how pictures we have to navigate through their lineup. So yesterday we did see Jacob deGrom, who, let's be honest, he was excellent. But today is a new day, and the hope is really they can continue to get those guys at the bottom of the order going and really make it different, especially when it comes to picking up a win in this game one.
Speaker 6: Let's hope the lineup one through nine can get it done tonight against David Peterson. Kirston, we appreciate it still to come here on Moronco Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper this pitching match up. David Vesse goes one on one with Alex Vessia. But I'm next in injury report and we hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Mets on Hello, Kitty Knight out a Dodger standing in first pitch of seven ten of Tim Kates's the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season Law Law.
Speaker 6: Barrago Casino Dodgers on Deck in ten USS we leads up to the first pitch on this Monday night Dodgers and the New York Mets Morongo Casino Resort in Spa, A Grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 4: Justin Robleski and David Peterson.
Speaker 6: The pitching matchup of the series opener, first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Ben Casparius on the IL with the right shoulder inflammation, Kyle Hurt gets called up from Triple A Oklahoma City, Mookie Betts on the IEL with the right obleague strain, Tommy Edmond on the IL, Blake Snell on the IL. Kiky Hernandez, who was all with Petro some money on NFI seventy earlier today, says he's progressing nicely coming back from off season elbow surgery on.
Speaker 4: His non throwing arm, landing neck.
Speaker 6: Evanstone, Evan Phillips, Bruce dar Gratol all working their way back at different rates off the injured list. Hopefully soon A's head back downstairs and check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 7: Anything else. Questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 7: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 12: The dugouts with Dave Roberts talk to Edwin briefly, just a little bit ago. It feels great, which is a good thing, you know. I think that I think now it goes to me having a conversation with the training staff, and so he's wanting to pitch, says he's available. I think now it's just me kind of consulting with the training staff and figure out what's the best case. But now we know, just watching with my eyes, having him play catch and talking to him, feel very confident that he's in a good spot.
Speaker 1: I know that you've said at your pastern level was very low.
Speaker 11: Did you guys have to do any imaging or anything like that or everything is truly just be kind of taking some rest time or keeping the eye.
Speaker 1: On the field.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no imaging, just the treatment and just kind of the manuals and the conversations and then kind of like the the manual testing that the training stuff does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just like deal with anything physically, like you an all to prompt this or is this just sort of seeing me at velossity readings that immediately.
Speaker 12: As that's that's that. That was it, and just kind of saying he just didn't feel right, and so talking about some of the things before the track record, the knee and all that stuff. So you know, that's sort of I think I'd like to think behind us, but that was more of you know, what the genesis behind it?
Speaker 1: I said, he said he didn't feel right after that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yep, that's that's right.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: How much of.
Speaker 3: That, Dave is based on the calendar and not wanting to push too hard knowing that we're two.
Speaker 7: Weeks into the season.
Speaker 12: It's I would say a huge part of it is based on the calendar, you know. Yeah, I mean, it's all based on the calendar, and obviously his health is paramount. But I do think that us just being even more conservative right now, certainly is that all right?
Speaker 4: There's the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: So we continue here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: We'll check in with David.
Speaker 6: Vessai as we are leading you up to first pitch on Hello, Kiddie night, Dodgers Mets. First bitch from Unico Field that Dodgers Dadium was coming up at seven ten of Tim Kaits is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were.
Speaker 3: Saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the New York Mets on this Monday night. Justin Robleski, David Peters of the Bitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by El Pato, born in La and made for your game day. El Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and high sausage to your table.
Speaker 4: El Pato Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 7: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 6: All right, David Edwin Diaz. Haven't seen him in a couple of days. Wasn't available at least one of those days, according to Dave Roberts.
Speaker 4: Is he available tonight?
Speaker 7: It seems as he is.
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts said earlier today that if a safe situation arose, that Edwin Diaz would be warming up and would be available to come in to face his former team and look talking to other players in the clubhouse, nobody is alarmed by Daz just resetting for the last couple of days. He's not a robot, as one player told me. He's trying to impress on a new team. So all of those things go into what we saw on Friday night, and maybe the velocity or the spin not being the exact same as we saw with Diaz all of black last year. But you know a lot of pitchers have told me that April in May is not their best months as far as stuff, and they have to go out there and compete and figure out a way. And unfortunately for Daz it wasn't good enough on Friday night. But Dave Roberts the reason why he sat him down the following night is because Das told him he wasn't feeling right. Whenever you say that to your manager, there's going to be a red flag. But all as well, Daz is ready to go.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends in the North American Truck of the Year with Fort Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck well forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP of its category. Time to see forded in a new light, go to your Southern California for dealers today. Any concerned with Kyle Tucker and his production.
Speaker 5: Well, the biggest thing that stands out to me as far as Tucker's slow start or inconsistent start, is the fact that he has struck out sixteen times and only walked eight times. You know, when the Dodgers signed Tucker, they were talking about him getting on base with a hit, driving in a run, or even walking. And right now he's not doing any of the above. And if you look at Tucker's career over the course of a full season, like last year, for instance, eighty eight strikeouts, eighty seven walks, that's what that's when you know, Kyle Tucker's getting back to Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 7: But talking to.
Speaker 5: Freddie Freeman on the last road trip, tim he said that playing with Tucker every day, he is so impressed by Tucker's quality of at bats. He's not giving away at bats, He's just not getting the results.
Speaker 6: David, look at these two teams tonight, and it's a lot been said about and written about these two teams and how much they spend.
Speaker 4: But there's a difference between these two teams.
Speaker 7: Right, huge difference last year.
Speaker 5: In this past offseason, you heard about some infighting between stars Juan Soto and Francisco Lindor and a longtime met and Jeff McNeil. They traded away McNeil, They traded away Brandon Nimmo. They allowed Edwin Diaz to sign with the Dodgers. If you look at the Dodgers, not just the last two years, but if you go back even further back, the egos have not clashed.
Speaker 7: There has been no infighting.
Speaker 5: Instead, it's been guys really coming together and trying to be part of the fabric of the culture that was set with Adrian Gonzalez and Justin.
Speaker 7: Turner and Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 5: And since then it's transformed itself, evolved itself into this iteration of the Dodgers. And that's the biggest thing Andrew Friedman has done. It's something that started back in twenty thirteen under net Coletti and was taken to the next level by Friedman in fifteen. This is something that's been thirteen fourteen years in the making. The Mets are kind of in the four year project stance of this, and they're not really doing it the same way the Dodgers did. And the Dodgers picked the right guys to pay and to extend and give on contracts too. So there's a huge difference of who the Mets have spent they're half a billion dollars on, compared to who the Dodgers have spent their half billion dollars on.
Speaker 6: Culture is a big thing, and when you got it, you got it, and usually you're a winning team, and that's what the Dodgers have been. David great Stuff will take back in with you in just a little bit. Coming up here on Wrongo Causino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Alex Vesia. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but up next, we'll get your Dodgers Magical moment on this Monday night to lead you up to Dodgers and Mets.
Speaker 4: The first of three.
Speaker 6: First pitch coming up at seven ten of Tim Kaines is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Lead you up to Dodgers and Mets on this Monday night. Justin Robleski and David Peterson the pitching matchup of this series opener, first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 7: Hot Dog, who wants the hot cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment.
Speaker 3: Hitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: Well we go back to the NLCS in twenty twenty four, Dodgers at three to one lead, had a chance to close it out in five. Came back to Dodger Stadium for a Game six on October twentieth, as the Dodgers would fall behind one to nothing, but in the bottom of the first inning, Tommy Edmond delivered with an RBI double, scoring two runs as the Dodgers took a two to one lead. They added four more in the third, a run of the six, three more in the bottom half of the eighth inning, and the Dodgers in the top half of the ninth inning of ten to five, looking to punch their ticket to the Fall Classic.
Speaker 2: Dodger in field, playing back the right handed Alvarez is ready, so is Blake Trining.
Speaker 7: McNeil goes for second.
Speaker 6: Alvis swings so bouncer the second Taylor has it in the globe.
Speaker 13: It's over, hit over. The Dodgers win the pennant champions of the National League. In twenty twenty four, the Dodgers are going back to.
Speaker 10: The World Series.
Speaker 6: Dodgers beat the New York Meds in six games. Tommy Edman, you're NLCS MVP, and of course we know what happened in the World Series. The Dodgers beat the other team from New York, the New York Yankees. This Hofey Magical Woman, brought to you by Hoffey Hot Talks, Haffey Soakhouse, Local Treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey Hot Talks Local and so great. Will we continue here on Morocco Casino Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with Rick Monday and David Matsay as we lead job to.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Mets.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on dech on your home for the Blue All Season Law Law.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and New York Mets on this Monday night. Justin Robleski and David Peterson the pitching matchup. Time Now for the Verizon startup. We are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now at Verizon you can lock in your low prize for three years so you could save big. Visit the Verizon store.
Speaker 3: Today and now joined by David Massing. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Rick, It's always special when the Mets come to town.
Speaker 5: There's been a lot of crossover over the years between Dodgers and Mets players that have worn both uniforms. But Edwin Diaz is eager to pitch against these guys.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and the question is going to be is is he going to be available tonight? Dave Roberts earlier yesterday that he didn't know if you'd be available, and today was kind of a wait and see. That's the good news because the velocity has dropped off. It goes back to what Tim Never and I were talking about yesterday hearing the broadcast, is that you know, we keep hearing from time to time players say, well, I'm a slow starter. I'm a slow starter. Well, why Nott's start sooner? And by that, I'm talking about sooner in the off season. And with Edwin Diaz is talking about a slow starter, but he had already gotten geared up for the WBC, so he did start earlier.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's wondering, you don't hear now, with the iPads and all these different metrics, could it come down to just simply having dead arm?
Speaker 7: Do you ever hear that anymore?
Speaker 9: That's normally something that does happen after spring training. That pictures for some reason kind of lose the zip, if you will, the electricity in the arm. And that's kind of how it's labeled as you know, dead arm syndrome. For a while, it's just where it doesn't feel like it's firing as rapidly as it normally does. Maybe that's the situation. But you know, we hear hitters from time to time too. I'm a slow starter. I'm a slow starter historically a slow starter. Well, why not begin your workouts a little earlier than maybe spring training. I don't know if that would be a solution or not. There were years that I got off to a slow start. There were a couple of years that I never got started.
Speaker 7: So what heck? You know?
Speaker 5: Speaking of that, Ema, Shean said that he changed his warm up routine before his last start. Instead of easing into the first inning, he really ramped it up in the bullpen.
Speaker 7: So there's a guy that changed his routine.
Speaker 9: One thing that I had noticed over the number of years, and I don't have any stats either four against or the middle of the road, but one thing that I have noticed is that the Dodgers' pictures over the last number of years, when I see the starting pitcher go down and begin to throw. I'm not talking about just loosening up and playing lost tos. I'm talking about actually in the bullpen and letting it go. The Dodgers starting pitching from what I have seen observation prow for a longer period of time, and that's what happened on this last road trip. I look at Washington, DC, I forget who the pitchure was, but started five minutes before the opposing team, who is going to be on the mound first, and finished five minutes after, and yet he was not going to be pitching right away. So that's how many extra pitches?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: When you look at this Dodger team, they have the best record in baseball, do you feel like they have even come close to scratching the service on how good they are going.
Speaker 9: To find out? Because I think also we can fill in another blank so far, how many good teams have they played so far? They played Arizona and Arizona. Overall, they're playing good. They're two and a half behind the Dodgers and actually started today. So you played Arizona, you played Cleveland, you played the Washington Nationals, which quite frankly, they look horrible, and then Toronto Blue Jays did not look good in that series either. Really when he come down to it, the Rangers they took two out of three. The Mets are struggling. I don't sell them short. They don't have one Sodo in their lineup, but they have some guys that if you look at the back of the baseball card, you can do some damage and you're gonna have to pitch well. And the Dodgers, they've gone up a good start, including one of the things that I keep talking about is that what the bottom third of the batting order for the Dodgers has done. We talked about it so many times. They set the table, for example, very quickly. The number seven hitters combine, all of them three h four, The number eight hitters, all of them four to twenty six. The number nine hitters in the lineup, all of them hitting at three twenty. So there's been a lot of runners on base. If you look at the top of the Dodgers lineup, Yeah, those guys.
Speaker 7: Are doing the job.
Speaker 5: And now they just need the guys at the top of the lineup to join the party as well. Outside of Otani.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're beginning to get hot and the bill's going to be due for a lot of pitchers right now.
Speaker 5: We'll see if it happens tonight. Rick, great to spend some time with you. Look forward to hearing you.
Speaker 9: And Cherry say we got Charlie back in the booths.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm looking forward to that. I know he's excited to see me again.
Speaker 7: Oh, he's thrilling.
Speaker 5: We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim, we're in the suite.
Speaker 4: In the suite, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: DV Dodgers Baseball Rodger by our friends at Citio Hope. Preparation, precision, and an unrelenting commitment to being the best of what they do. That's what makes a champion at Citio Hope. That commitment has one focus curing cancer, Citio Hope, Champions of Hope.
Speaker 4: Making an appointment today.
Speaker 6: At Citio Hope or still to come here on Dodgers on deck before first bitch, you're gonna get a preview this pitching matchup. Charlie and Rick will have the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Alex Vesia. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: That's next. It leads up to.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and mets On Hello, Kitty Sweatshirt Night of Tim Kakes is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Lead you up to Dodgers and the the Mets, Chester Robleski David Peterson. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at shakys dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be Vessey fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 7: Well, it's hard to believe.
Speaker 5: It was six years ago that the Dodgers made a trade with the Marlins, sent Dylan Floro to Miami for some left handed pitcher that nobody in LA had heard from. And here he is now a two time World Series champion. He just made his three hundredth appearance with the Dodgers and celebrated a very happy birthday with his first save of the season. And that's LA's favorite left handed reliever. Alex Vessia, thanks a lot for the time, and man, it feels like yesterday.
Speaker 14: What an intro? I mean, wow, thanks, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I had to remind.
Speaker 14: Everybody off the top, off the top of your head right there, that's pretty good.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I mean, people think you're this.
Speaker 5: Guy out of nowhere, but it's been a non linear road to be the established guy and leader in that bullpen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: It's never a straight line, right, There's peaks and dollarys, ups and downs, adversity, you know, but that's what the game is. The game, right, Baseball is very hard. It's never been easy, never never come easy to me. But I trust my routine. I trust the great coaching staff around me. I trust the veterans that I've been around the last six years to you know, kind of lead me the way, and you know I have them to thank.
Speaker 5: Everybody always wants to know what's the special magic the Dodgers have, especially when it comes to bringing out the best in relief pitchers. Can you describe why it's better here than it may be going to another team and trying to duplicate what the dog do.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think that the communication right is definitely a priority.
Speaker 7: It's number one.
Speaker 14: I remember getting over here in twenty one and there was a book all about me, my strengths, my weaknesses, where I could get better at, you know, and they, the Dodgers, are really good at finding what your strengths are, making those strengths even better, you gaining confidence in those strengths, right, and then it's digging a little bit deeper to okay, where if we make you better?
Speaker 7: Where what are your weaknesses?
Speaker 14: You know, because when I when I first came up, I pretty much only threw a fastball, right, and then twenty one and kind of in twenty two it was you know, very very heavy fastball usage. And then over the course of twenty one and twenty two and twenty three, you know, we incorporated the slider and that opened up a lot more room for my fastball. So, you know, game planning for a hitter, you could you now had to look at and take a consideration a slider. So you know, from top to bottom, you know, I definitely I love this organization.
Speaker 7: They've been great to me.
Speaker 14: You know, and I feel like, day in and day out, I never take that for granted. I work really hard, and you know, I believe in myself, and you know when Doc puts me in positions for success, and you know I believe in that. And you know that's where you see that the confidence out on the mound, and you know it's It's never an overnight success. Man. There's been a lot of doubt a lot of failure. But that's also made me who I am.
Speaker 5: Alex Sevessia is our guest. Is there such a thing still in baseball.
Speaker 7: Of dead arm? I used to hear dead arm a lot.
Speaker 14: So there I've heard that term this year. One time, I think it was with an angels an him Angels picture. I don't really know, I've never I don't know if I've really ever witnessed that. I know that, you know there's like body fatigue and armed fatigue, and I understand that, but I don't know really what like dead arm symptoms would be. I know what what having a very fatigued body feels like, you know, and a couple of red bulls and and some adrenaline from fifty thousand a daughter stadium. That that seems to do the trick.
Speaker 5: Hey, speaking of that, when you first started, you heard the roars for Kennley Jansen when he would come in, but now the roars are equal for alex Vesia. What does that mean to you with everything that's happened in the last six months to get fans on their feet every night here when you come in.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean I feel it, I hear it, I see it. You know when we're in the bullpen, there's a lot of people have you know, said their condolences and you know, saying that they're rooting for me, and you know that it's really nice. It's in Honestly, it is a it's a breath of fresh air and you know there's a lot of love that that's been been spread around the last you know, a few months, and you know, for myself, I just try to, you know, have that fuel the fire and you know, really really really, you know, let it that show out on the mound and you know, do my best, and you know, just to put up zeros and and get the guys back in the dugout.
Speaker 7: So they can hit.
Speaker 14: You know, we can win some ball games. And you know, it's just it's really nice to be back. Excuse me, it's nice to be back out on the baseball field. On obviously, with everything it's it's been tough, but having a goal and having the you know, the the every single player on this team man has meant the world to me because it's nice for them to joke around and laugh and you know, we have such good personalities on this team that like. That's that's helped out a lot.
Speaker 5: All right, before I let you go, the beard. This is a little more fluffyer than the last time we saw you.
Speaker 7: But I like it.
Speaker 1: It's growing.
Speaker 14: I I've got a couple people ask me what product, how I've made it? I mean, yeah, it's I think it's gonna stay for a little while.
Speaker 7: I like it. You have to like it. Who cares what I like?
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, it's it's Kyla's approval.
Speaker 14: She's she hasn't yet, so we're gonna keep it rolling.
Speaker 4: And but yeah, it's been it's been fun.
Speaker 14: It is. It's getting a little long to like in the morning, it's all over the place, so I gotta, you know, come in and put some water in it. So yeah, you know, it's a a new look. Well we'll rock it for a little while.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it fits the music that you come into.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, well their whole energy does all right, Hey, I'll embrace it.
Speaker 7: Hey, we embrace Alex.
Speaker 5: Vesia La has got their arms around you and Kayla and man, it's so great to have you back and doing your thing. And don't take for granted what it was in the beginning and what it is now.
Speaker 4: Yeh, I appreciate it.
Speaker 14: Thank you Dave for.
Speaker 5: You know, always always being there here man always will be. Just ask Cory Seger and Jock Peterson. They couldn't get rid of me.
Speaker 14: There we go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, wherever you go, Vessia, I'll be there. I like that. I like that. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Have a good day.
Speaker 5: Hey, Alex Vassi is gonna put a smile on his wife's face when he goes to Javier's. My guy, Javier is aping up a new location in Pasadena.
Speaker 7: Check it out.
Speaker 5: Now downtown Newport, Pasadena.
Speaker 7: See them soon. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: All right, Thanks a lot of David.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium, Who's at uniclow dot com. Slash us lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Mets up next. We'll dip deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim kase As the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for.
Speaker 1: La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the New York Mets on this Monday ninth first pitch from Uniclow Field. That Dodger Stadium is coming up at seventeen and.
Speaker 3: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: David Peterson on the mount on two of the six fourteen e r thirty year old left handers seven season now in the Big League's sinker fast ball change up. Slider was an All Star a year ago, made thirty starts nine to six with a four to twenty two ERRA and set a new career high with one hundred and fifty strikeouts. Making his fourth start this year last time out, five innings, five runs, six hits, six strikeouts and the loss of the Diamondbacks. The Dodgers, no stranger to the veteran left hander Justin Robleski will go for the Dodgers one to zero with a four erra. The twenty five year old left hander made his debut in twenty twenty four. He's been a starter, He's been an opener, a bulketing guy, a reliever for the Dodgers. He's really done at all. It was huge for the Dodgers in October last year. Really good against the Toronto Blue Jays in the World Series.
Speaker 4: Making his third start this year.
Speaker 6: He's in the rotation because of the injury to Blake Snell to start the twenty twenty six season last time out. Five innings, one run, two hits, two strikeouts in a win over the Toronto Blue Chains. It's Justin Robleski and David Peterson the Fitch matchup. The series opener from Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers' first place atop the NL West. The New York Mets come to town having lost five in a row, fresh off getting swept in Sacramento by the Athletics over the weekend. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. I'm Tim Katson. This as the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season log.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the New York Mets on this Monday Nights. Had some rain and thunder earlier this afternoon around the Ravine, but partly cloudy skies. As we get ready for first pitch, Justin Robleski David Peters in the bitching matchup.
Speaker 4: As we're getting you.
Speaker 6: Ready for the start of the game with a Sapporo start. Yes, great moments, start with Sapporo beer. Whatever your taste preference. Toporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soaporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch, we head back over the booth Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, All right ten as the Dodgers in Mets get ready for the first of this three game series tonight. Dodgers eleven and four, the Mets seven and nine, dead last in the National League Eastern Division. Justin Robleski is going to be making his second start of the seasons, but the Dodgers one to zero four point zero zero, Er and the lefties David Peterson is going for the Mets.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if we look at Reubesky, he pitched last Monday, that was in Toronto in the opening game of that series winning pitcher went five innings, only one run on just two hints before he gave it over to the bullpen. One of the things that Rubeski has been able to do. You look at the nine innings that he's had. Besides the start, he's also had one relief. He's allowed just a one eighty two banning average and one thing.
Speaker 1: To be seen.
Speaker 9: He's pitched very aggressively early going well.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers have ninety one runs scored so far this year, the most of the majors. They've allowed fifty six a run differential of thirty five. They have been life's out offensively. Pitching is in more than okay. So the Dodgers sitting pretty as they get ready for this first of the three game series. Dodgers and Mets lineups and first pitch coming on, Tim All right.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Charlie. First pitch is next.
Speaker 6: If you're one of the first forty thou attendance, hopefully your pick it up. You're a Hello Kitty sweatshirt bundle up. It's a cool evening here in Southern California. Dodgers' bats looking to get hot though, as they take on David Peterson in the New York Mets.
Speaker 4: Don't forget after the game, David.
Speaker 6: Vasstad has got your cover with all the postgame festivities, the highlights, the call in show, all of it.
Speaker 4: When this one comes to an
Speaker 6: End, this has been Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the two times World Series champion Dodgers Audio Know Where