Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can. They printing money. The Dodgers dis can't continue. It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers Tama Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and good morning. Welcome to Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck on this Wednesday, April eighth. You're back to back World champion Los Angeles Dodgers nine to two to start the season, winners of now five in a row. After a sweep of the Nationals, the Dodgers now go for a sweep in Toronto what has been a one sided World Series rematch. Today show Hey o Toddy on the mount of the series finale, first pitcher Rogers Center in Toronto. He is coming up at twelve oh seven. Coming up over the next sixty minutes here on Morono Casino Dodgers on Deck, you get to hear from Joe Davis from Sports in ATLA and Fox. We'll hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. Our own David Vasse checks in. Of course, throughout the hour we'll preview this pitch he matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly we visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports in ATLA, and in just a few minutes we will head out to the gallopin Ford. Broadcast be with it here from Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, yesterday, the Dodgers got a good outing from Yamamoto and another win in Toronto. Yoshinobu Yamamoto got the start and he picked up right where he left off in the World Series last fall. Six innings's one run on five hits, struck out six along the way. Yama, remember got the wins in Game six and seven over the Blue Jays last fall. Was the MVP of the World Series. The Dodgers offense, meanwhile, red hot more of the same. Yesterday the third show, Hey and RBI single scoring Alex Freeland, Dodgers had a one nothing lead. Two batters later, Will Smith a fielder's choice, Dodgers up two to nothing. Then in the face I sung Kim a lead off walk. He got the second on a Kevin Gosman back. Alex Freeland then drove him in.
Speaker 5: This would be the sixty first pitch of the game from Gossman.
Speaker 6: It's on the way.
Speaker 5: Freeland swings and lines it in the right field, a base hit green light for us on Kim. It's bubbled in right by Lucas and the Dodgers get an RBI single from Alex Freeland to make it a three to nothing lead.
Speaker 2: And Steven, what we're seeing again is what you're just alluding to a couple of innings ago. Is the bottom part of the order that's getting on base to set the table for the top of the order.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what they are doing. RBI single for Freeland. He had himself a day, three for three in RBI. Dodgers up three to one. Yamamoto meanwhile, was pulled after giving up a double and an infield single to begin the seventh inning. Alex Vessi a walked pinch hitter David Schneider to load the bases, then retired the next three batters to get out of the jam. Blake Trining came in got the eighth in the ninth, Dodgers tacked on one more with two outs. Alex Freeland reached on an infield single, advanced the second on a throwing air. Next batter, Show Hey Otani drew an intentional walk, so two on two out for Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 5: That'd be a big time for Tucker's first hit of the night. First pitch from Hoffman, wine drive right field, base hit. They're gonna wave Freeland. Here's the throw in from Sanchez to play at the play he's safe for the head first slide.
Speaker 6: Right on cue, Kyle.
Speaker 5: Tucker comes through an RBI single to get the Dodgers some breathing room.
Speaker 6: It's four to one.
Speaker 3: Kyle Tucker delivers Dodgers with an insurance run of four to one. The bottom of the ninth belong to Edwin Diaz Q the Trumpets who put up a zero. Dodgers get the win. They're fifth in a row. Yamamoto the win, Diaz the same. Dodgers now nine and two to start this season, and today they go for the sweep and they look to finish off what will be a perfect road trip if they can get the victory. And the perfect guy to be on the mound show, Hey o. Tony gets to start first pitch of twelve oh seven, and with more we head north of the border to the Galloping Forward broadcast booth as we say good morning to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, guys, Tim Kates.
Speaker 5: One more for the Dodgers before they fly back home here from Canada MO. It has been a productive road trip. It has already locked up to be a winning one five and oh. They want to make it six and oh after last night clinching the series in a much closer game Game two compared to the first game of this series. But it was great to see the Dodgers kind of buckle down again the back of the bullpen. Alex Vessia having a moment here in Toronto was really special as well. Just a lot to like about this.
Speaker 2: Series, absolutely, and they've taken care of business in a very fine way, not only from a pitching aspect. Last night, dommoto six innings, one run, just five hits, struck out six on top of it, but then the bullpen, as you may to Bessie than trying it, and then Edwin Diaz picked up his fors a. But I think from an offensive standpoint, the Dodgers have really taken the cast, the fact that they have a game plan in each of the first five games they played on this road trip. They have been patient, they've been selective, and obviously enough we've talked about it. It's the bottom part of the lineup that has been able to get on base and allow the top part of the linement to knock in runs.
Speaker 5: It's been the best seven eight to nine in baseball by a comfortable margin by measure of ops. And that's just bite a couple Dodgers telling me yesterday they feel like they're in a great spot, obviously now nine to two after the win, but they haven't felt like they have totally clicked, which is a scary thing to ponder for the rest of the league.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: The one thing that kind of took away from the luster of last night's win was the news right before first pitch that Miguel Rojas had been scratched to tend to a family matter. Miguel announced on social media this warning that it was his father, also named Miguel Mickey Rojas, who passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. And Miguel Rojas is still in the lineup here for this series finale.
Speaker 6: There was some.
Speaker 5: Talk about him leaving the team yesterday, but Miguel Rojas is wired a little bit different. He's a special individual and competitor and teammate. I think it says a lot about him mode that he is drawing in there today.
Speaker 2: Well, we cannot get into his heart, but I think this is today a tribute to his father and to his memory. And I believe his dad was said, son, go play the game, and that's what Miguel Rojas wants to do. Because on the other part of it, too, Miguel does not want to leave part of his other family. That's the other guy's in the Dodger uniform, in this organization, the people who support him. He understands full well. Is at what a significant contribution Obviously he made in Game seven of the World Series last year and the ninth then he was went out hit the home run to tie the game. But this is about I think, involvement, about heart, about commitment, and obviously losing a family member. It is difficult to lose any of your parents.
Speaker 5: This will be Ross's first start of this series, second appearance, because he pitched on the mound in the series opener on Monday, but conversation with him. While it's an immeasurable loss, Like you said, we cannot get into Rojas or anybody's heart for that matter. Hopefully he and his family find some strength and comfort in the fact that he made his dad proud, you know, by way of his own kids, and of course with what he has done on the field. And so the Dodgers certainly happy to have Rojas on the field with them as they try and finish through series strong and complete a second consecutive sweep. We be back a little bit later, Tim with the key from home.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks very much, guys. As we lead jump to first Bach from Toronto. We're counting you down, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on Shaky's Pezza Parlor. That's lunchtime here, pretty so, what are your Shaky's Pizza chicking and Mojo's at shakys dot com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're going to hear from the manager Dave Roberts, check in with David Vez say, of course throughout the hour, I'm next o your Otani rewind and we visit with sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up on this Weday Wednesdays, we lead you up to Dodgers and Blue Jays. Dodgers going for the sweep, looking to finish off a perfect road trip. First pitch from the Rogers Center, four oh seven. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back world champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Now, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Pits the Dodgers and Toronto Blue Jays on this Wednesday showy Otani Dylan sees the pitching matchup. First pitch from the Rogers Center, coming up at twelve oh seven. This is the Otani rewinde.
Speaker 5: Dodgers threatening here in the top of the third to break the ice. Gossman's won a. Otani rifles one to write field back at the wall. It's off the top of the wall. Kim's gonna score running from first to third is Freeland. That was a long and loud single for old Toni and it drives in the very first run of the ball game.
Speaker 3: One nothing. Dodgers show Hey Otani with the RBI single as show heltanis now reached based in forty two straight games.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson and.
Speaker 3: Kirston joins us now live from the Rogers Center in Toronto. Final game of the road trip, brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Carsfurkids dot org. That's Cars with the K. We'll start right there, Kearson. This Dodgers team undefeated on this road trip so far, the sweep in Washington, DC, and really dominated the first two games against the Blue Jays. I imagine this team would love nothing more than have an off day tomorrow and come back home with a perfect roadie.
Speaker 7: You know what, They are playing so together so well. We're seeing it on all sides of the game. The pitching has been fantastic, the bullpen excellent. They've been coming out. I think last night when we saw Alex Besia step in for Yoshinovyamamoto not only just to save his line, but to get out of a basis loaded situation. We are seeing so much from this group as a collective at the moment, and I think you're right. It is a It's so true to how they've been playing, so, you know, obviously offensively coming into this road trip, there's a lot of talk about the top of the order. You know, there was hard contact, but they weren't getting the results. We go on the road, we see it feels like what fourteen home runs, if not fifteen home runs during that National Series and now they've continued over here in Toronto. So guys are in a really good spot. If Freddie Freeman has said he's just kind of feeling more aligned at the play's liking where the ball is going.
Speaker 3: You've got someone like.
Speaker 7: Kyle Tucker when we were in DC, who was talking about, you know, kind of getting out of his small little fun and this he just had to keep swinging through it. Whatever he's doing, keeps swinging. Steven get some contact. Obviously the contact was there. And then you have the bottom of the order who has been performing so well, whether it's been obviously Hasan Kim has rejoined the team with movie bets going on the IL, or someone like Alex Freelan who has not allowed the results to dictate kind of who he is at the plate. Finally getting those positive results yesterday was huge for him. But there are just so many guys that are in such a good spot right now and we're seeing that in the win column, and they want to keep it going. Definitely here today and as you said, to close this road trip, undefeated would.
Speaker 3: Be nice looking at the lineup today. Miguel Rojas back in the lineup, but with a heavy heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So last night he was elate scratches right before first pitch, received some really heartbreaking news about the passing of his father. There was some thought that maybe he would potentially leave the team, maybe either last night or even today. He did stick around last night, just pretty much date in the clubhouse, had some time to himself, but of course his teammates and everyone here has been wrapping their arms around him with a heavy heart. But he made it clear to Dave Roberts that he wanted to be in the lineup today. So he's out there playing short this afternoon. Of course, with the off day tomorrow and with the team traveling back to Los Angeles, there is a chance that if he decides he would like to be away from the team to be with his family over the weekend, he could be placed on the bereavement list and then they would make a roster move bringing someone to fill in his spot while he's away, but they're really going to just let Miguel Rojas kind of take the lead. He is someone who you know, he wants to show up for his team, he wants to show up for his family.
Speaker 3: So right now.
Speaker 7: Everyone is just kind of keeping their arms trapped around him, but you know, really happy that he chose that he wanted to be here and wants to be out there, and if this is the distraction, then hey, so be it and hopefully go out there and have a really good day at the plate.
Speaker 3: No doubt Dodger Nation putting their arms around Miguel Rojas today, Kirsten. We appreciate it. Well, check in with you after the game. Still to come here on WRONGO because you know Dodgers on Dekel dive deeper to this pitcheet matchup. David vat Sago's one on one with Joe Davis from Sports and at LA. But I'm next to get you an injury report and we'll hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Blue Jays on this Wednesday, first pitch at twelve oh seven. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dech on, your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Wednesday, as we are leading you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Blue Jays final game of this three games set, final game of this road trip, Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for good time show. Hey O Tomyo on the mound, first pitch at twelve oh seven.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 3: Presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Mookie Bets on the IL with you oblique train. Tommy Edmunds starting the season on the IL. Blake Snell starting the year on the IL. Brock Stewart's our Graderol landon NAG, Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips also on the IL, as is Keiky Hernandez to start the season, but should be going off the IL as soon as he can after the sixty days expires. All right, let's head back up north of the border in to Toronto and check in with the Dodger manager. Any questions for Dave.
Speaker 6: Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the.
Speaker 1: Dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't know, you know, my assumption is that they'll be a leave, you know, of absence, but you know, he's got family in Venezuela, he's got family in Miami. So I'm just not sure, you know, what his plan is. And I think for us obviously having the off day tomorrow, but just leaving it in his hands and you know, us as an organization just reading and reacting to whatever.
Speaker 6: Decision he makes.
Speaker 1: Has that for him.
Speaker 7: Does he come to you saying he wanted to be out there today?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, I had a conversation with him last night and he said he really wanted to be in there tonight and or Yeah. So then for me, obviously I was gonna kind of he was in the lineup yesterday and for him to feel like he can go out there and play in a big league ball game, whether it's a distraction, doing it in honor of his father, you know, for whatever reason, I heard that and I felt it's important.
Speaker 6: To get him in there.
Speaker 1: Tony.
Speaker 7: It's Tani today when we look at his last outing here, and I think you can say it's fair that it probably wasn't his best outing in Game seven in the World Series. Do you see him as someone who does kind of want to right his wrongs here or just even find a way to kind of leave him with a positive.
Speaker 6: Performance is on the mound?
Speaker 8: I think so. You know, he might not admit that, but you know, you're always looking for something to kind of fuel that fire, and he was certainly on very short rest in Game seven. I don't think he would change the result, but you know, his last outing here wasn't memorable as far as just the pitching for performance. So I do think there's something in him to say, hey, you know what, I'm gonna kind of pitch well here and whatever that means or whatever that looks like, we'll see.
Speaker 3: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts. When we continue here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, David Vass will join us fresh from speaking with Miguel Rojas. You'll hear from the Dodger infielder next as we lead you up to Dodgers and Blue Jays from Toronto. I'm Tim kase Is the back to back World Champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Blue Jays show. Hey, O Tania on the Mount. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Alpto, born in La and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salceas and hot sausage to your table. El Pato Gourmet.
Speaker 1: And a can joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck, I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Vasse.
Speaker 6: All right, DV.
Speaker 3: The big story Miguel Rojas, and I know you had just a few minutes ago a chance to catch.
Speaker 6: Up with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, playing with a heavy heart. Dave Roberts said yesterday there is a chance that Rojas may leave the team starting today, but Rojas gave us some clarity on why he's playing and had a chance to catch up with him just about twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 9: I wanted to play yesterday, but kind of Freddy and Dog took it out of my hands because I know it was going to be difficult to stay in the game and have my head there. But I always have something that I always say, they raised me up and they give up everything of their life for me to be a baseball player. This is what they want me to do. And they know how almost pride I take and join up every day and not leaving my teammates down. So I was feeling in between, but I appreciate Dog and Freddie. They talked to me, and I went back to the hotel and I was able to be there for the people who really care about him and me and my family. So even through the phone I was able to help a lot of people back in Venezuela.
Speaker 6: When was the last time you spoke to your father?
Speaker 9: I spoke to I spoke to him in the afternoon.
Speaker 6: He was doing good.
Speaker 9: He sent me a picture of himself laying down in bed waiting for the game. He was really excited to watch me play. That's the things that he wrote to me. And then all of this all and I received a call from my from one family member right before the game. I didn't answer because I was getting ready for the game, and he sent me a test message saying that I should communicate quick to some family members over there in Venezuela because my dad was rushing to the hospital. And then that's when I knew it was serious. And and I mean the rest is what I told you guys.
Speaker 4: Obviously, very emotional, Miguel Rojas him and in Venezuela, Miguel explained it to us. After a person passes away, the funeral is the very next day. So the funeral for his father is happened today. He's not going to be able to get there, obviously, and that's why he's still deciding whether or not he is going to leave the team after the team returns to Los Angeles, because there's not much he can do right now except carry on his father's memory by playing a game that his father loved watching him play.
Speaker 3: Well, Dodger Nation, no doubt, thinking of Miguel and his family today. David is brought to you by the Fort Maverick Motor Trends in North America Truck of the Year. The Fort and Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP of its category. It's time to see Fort in a new Lego you're Southern California, Ford Dealers today, Show Hey Otani on the mound today, David at the Rogers Center, And the last time he pitched there north of the border, didn't have a great outing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it was Bob Baschett hitting the three run home run off of Otani. And I asked other Japanese reporters that have been covering him since high school whether or not that was the most vulnerable and defeated they had ever seen show Hey Otani on a baseball field, and they said absolutely, We've never seen him double over on the mound before. And Otani was walking into the clubhouse behind me today and I had no idea he was behind me, and then he started to make some noises and I realized he was there. I saw him a couple of times in the clubhouse pass by me, and he was in really good spirits. One of those guys that he had the smirk on his face that he's ready to not only erase the memories of his start in Game seven, but maybe even take some prisoners today on the mound here in Toronto. So the Dodgers, Otani's got that look. I'm not going to say the eye of the Tiger tim but he's got that look for a good day.
Speaker 3: Dav real quick. Anything new with Mookie Bets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know he's out here taking some infield drills. He's not really doing anything more than that, Dave Roberts said, he's leaving it in the hands of the trainers when Mookie beds swing bat, So we'll see where it goes when the team returns to LA and doesn't seem like he's anywhere close to swinging a bat just yet.
Speaker 3: All right, Dave, great stuff, appreciate it. We'll check in with you in just a couple of minutes. Don't forget Dodger fans celebrate ninety years of horse racing. It's Santa i Needa a park every Friday through Sunday. Every Friday is free. You got weekend admission and parking in a program for just ten dollars. Explore new experiences at the Great Race Place Santa Needa dot com. Slash events coming up here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck, You're gonna hear from Joe Davis. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But I'm next your Dodgers Magical moment Dodgers Blue Jays first pitch of twelve oh seven. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: The It's the Dodgers and the Toronto Blue Jays show. Hey Otani Dylan sees the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at twelve oh seven.
Speaker 6: About that without a hot dog?
Speaker 4: Who wants a hot dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment.
Speaker 3: It's Magical presented by Hawfy hot Dogs. Well, the Dodgers taken on the Blue Jays and Miguel Rojas certainly playing with the heavy heartsday at the passing of his father. We go back to Game seven last year the World Series, a night in which Miguel Rojas will never forget and.
Speaker 5: Rojas fight his way on base full count. Hoffman delivers, Rojas hits it in the air left field.
Speaker 3: This post got some carry.
Speaker 6: It is gone, it's gone, and Game seven is tied.
Speaker 1: Miguel Rojas off the bench in Game six, on the board in Game seven.
Speaker 2: This crowd, well, we talked about it in another series. This has turned into a library here. Miguel Rojas, he took the two two pitch the slider upstairs, and he took the next pitch out of the ballpark, and this Dodgers first base dugout has exploded.
Speaker 3: Miguel Rojas, the clutch game Tian home run at the top of the ninth of the Dodgers, two outs away from elimination. They go on and win the World Series last November one, in eleven innings. This Hafey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs Haffey sokw's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check you in with a Rick Monday as we lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Blue Jays on this Wednesday. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law Law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Toronto Blue Jay's final game of this three game sent from the Rogers Center show. Hey Otani on the Mountain. Time for the Verizon startup. As we are thirty two minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years, so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: All right, Rick, final game in Toronto. The Dodgers looking to go perfect on this road trip, and they got the right guy on the mount today.
Speaker 2: Well, I think. And for those that are wondering what are we talking about, Shoe, Hey, Otani is going to start, and this Dodger ball club up to a very good start, no question about it. And you know, you look at the National Western Division. You have three teams that are four games behind the Dodgers already, that being San Diego, Arizona, Colorado, and then the Giants who are two and seven at home. The Giants are five and a half games out, and I think this afternoon, obviously there's a chance to make the sweep, not only this series. But as you said of the road trip, I'll say this, we were not expecting the Nationals to put up a great fight. Quite frankly, in particular out of the bullpen. But I think it has been very surprising each of the first two games up here against the Toronto Blue Jays. And yes, they have multiple injuries that affected their roster. There's no if and butts about it. The Dodgers had some entries on top of it, but the Dodgers, quite frankly, this entire road trip had just taken care of business.
Speaker 4: What's it been like for you, Rick to come back to Toronto where you broadcast the seven game World Series in a similar vantage point, It.
Speaker 2: Was fine until this morning, and I mean that. Getting my luggage down to the lobby, I was reminded of nineteen eighty one by the bellman and someone else who was in the lobby and heard it on the elevator as well. I thought I was going to make a clean exit. That did not happen. So we had some nice conversations about nineteen eighty one, and the guy looked at the bag tag as you're the guy, and I went, I don't know what you mean, and he smiled.
Speaker 6: He goes, no, you know you were the guy.
Speaker 2: I said, no, it was all of us that did.
Speaker 6: It exactly right.
Speaker 4: I remember Fernando Venezuela being very proud of the fact that he drove in the tying run, so before your home run, and you were the guy that scored, and I was.
Speaker 2: The one that scored from third base. On top of that, Yes, Fernando was one of the really gifted players, not just not from a pitching standpoint, but he could also hold his own with the bat. Yes, he did knock in that first run of the ballgame and game in the final game of the series in Montreal against the Expos. And keep in mind, too, is that the World Series was going to get under way the next night in New York. The Yankees had already clinched Sunday's game Dodgers and Expos had been rain slash snowed out. We played on Monday. World Series started on Tuesday, and.
Speaker 4: You got some redemption against the Yankees back in nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 2: But keep in mind, we lost the first two games of that World Series in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 4: Weren't you guys down in every series in the postseason.
Speaker 2: We got down two games to none against the Astros to begin with, drop both games in Houston with a walk off home run. I think Denny Walling hit a home run, and then we lost the second game. I believe the ninth thenning and I think Dave Stewart was the picture in both of those games. Not dependent on Dave. You did a wonderful job. The Astros were just lights out. We did not read any newspapers or turn on the television or radio. Well, we got back to La and then we came back and won three. Row had to beat Nolan Ryan in order to advance.
Speaker 6: Oh, only Nolan Ryan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that guy, that guy.
Speaker 4: Well, today, the Dodgers are wrapping this up, and I'm sure you can appreciate the fact, I know you and Stephen Nell and touched on this that Miguel Rojas is playing with a heavy heart the passing of his father last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he is in that lineup today, and Miguel is and I think he just wants to honor his dad. And he would probably be the first to tell you is that Dad would have said to him, son, go play the game.
Speaker 4: No doubt that's the best way to honor his father. Rick look forward to a Dodger sweep. We'll check back in with you and Steven Nelson a little bit later.
Speaker 2: Can't wait to get through the airport and get on the plane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll stay a little bit behind you. Rick, We're not out of here.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 6: At least three paces willsten it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV, Thank you Mo. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by City of Hope. Preparation, precision, and unrelenting commitment to being the best of what they do. That's what makes a champion. A City of Hope. That commitment has one focus, curing cancer. City of Hope, Champions of Hope, make an appointment today at Cityohope dot Org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview this pitcheat matchup. Rick will be back with Steven Nelson. They have to got the keys of the game. But up next we check you out with the voice of Major League Baseball on Fox, the TV Voice of the Dodgers, Joe Davis. Next, so it leads up to first pitch in Toronto of Tim Kates is a back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Balloon Jays Show. Hey Otani and Dylan Ceza pitching matchup Todgers Baseball trought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor. It's almost lunchtime. What are you doing for lunch? The official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast is Shaky's. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's Dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: Well, we're back in Toronto for the first time since the Dodgers one Game seven of the World Series, closing out this series, and we're endowing right now by man. That was the soundtrack to last year's World Series. And that's our buddy, Joe Davis. Joe, thanks a lot for the time, Dave, of course, Yeah, I mean I thought about you, I thought about Muncie, I thought about Rojas.
Speaker 3: But in that order, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 4: When you came back here and you settled into your broadcast booth, what kind of memories did you have about last year?
Speaker 10: Just how crazy it was here right from the Canadian National Anthem where the whole place is singing it, you know, talking to the guys that before the game's here and so and they remember back to playing catch half an hour before the game. They couldn't hear themselves talk it was so loud. So more just the feel of the environment. And then to come here in the regular season and it's kind of flat. It's a reminder how special that was last October.
Speaker 4: Can you take us into Dave Roberts's office before Game seven? What was his mood before Game seven when you and John Smoltz met with him?
Speaker 6: It was tense in there.
Speaker 10: What I remember about that as John asking, hey, so all hands on deck tonight minus Hamamoto of course, and they have kind of smiled and said, I wouldn't be so sure.
Speaker 6: Wow, just simply all hands on deck.
Speaker 10: So talking through the pitching plan and getting that news that there was a chance that we would see him when it seemed like, of course not. That's something I'll never forget.
Speaker 4: So when Yamamoto came out and you saw him warming up in the bullpen, initially you and John Smoltz were not surprised.
Speaker 10: No, we were I guess I wouldn't say we weren't surprised, because I think even when you hear that he's available, it's still like, well see, but to see him, yeah, to see him warming up. We had heard from Dave Roberts that there was a chance he was going to be available for him, and even though it seemed crazy, there was.
Speaker 4: Joe Davis is our guest, all right, So these magical moments happened, so many of them. Yeah, the Rojas home run, your call will live on forever. In those moments, I mean it felt.
Speaker 10: Like it was raw emotion like we all had, yeah, the Rojas home run in particular. So I don't love the call just from like a play by play x's and o's standpoint.
Speaker 6: You know, play by play one oh one. I think it should have had a cap to the end of it.
Speaker 10: But I guess what I do like about it is that it was just raw surprise, genuine authentic shock at what I was seeing. I think everybody in the world was focused on the on deck circle and then he popped it, and it just it wasn't the perfect call, but I guess it was appropriate and that it was real.
Speaker 6: It was exactly what I was feeling at the moment. Yeah, that's why it is perfect.
Speaker 4: Your call reflected how all the viewers were feeling.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, And I guess that's what you hope for. You hope that you know. I think that at the end of the day.
Speaker 10: In my job, we talk about what the perfect call is and what you want to do in the job and what it calls for.
Speaker 6: But I think.
Speaker 10: Ultimately you want to be somebody who's sitting there and folks feel like they're sitting there having a beer watching the game with you.
Speaker 6: So anyway that you can touch on that, I guess is a win. You have kids, you're in the community.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if you've heard this, but I have. What's it like for you now at a point where you've called so many memorable moments, but the final out of last year's World Series, I hear kids on the playground repeating your call with Mookie BET's game ending double play.
Speaker 6: Has that resonated with you? Are you even aware of that?
Speaker 10: No, that means a lot to hear that, but it does resonate. I think you I grew up wanting to do this job, and part of what is special about the job when you're with a team. Is that connection that you get with a fan base and something I could have never anticipated growing up in Michigan. But not just being connected to a fan base, but this connection you feel like you have with an entire city.
Speaker 6: Like Los Angeles. Yeah, it's hard to really put into words what that means. Thanks a lot for the time. Thanks for sharing those great stories with us.
Speaker 4: And suddenly everybody wants to know the behind the scenes of that game seven.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course today if anytime there he.
Speaker 4: Is the man, Joe Davis, and he'll receive a gift card to Capitol Grill. He might even go see my buddies in Burbank. Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you, David. Great to hear from Joe Davis. Maybe we'll see him in Burbank. Dodgers Baseball presented by Unico Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit Unicloid dot com slash us. So we lead you out to first pitch on this Wednesday, final game of the series, final game of the road trip Dodgers in Toronto to take on the Blue Jays. Up next, we'll break down this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Cases, the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Blue Jays from Toronto. First pitch coming up in twelve oh seven.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the Dina, we look at the pitching match.
Speaker 3: Up, brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Dylan Sees on the mound, thirty year old righthander eights the year in the Big Leagues, White Socks, Padres and now his first year after signing a seven year, two hundred ten million dollars deal with the Blue Jays. His last past offseason. His first start five and a third innings, one run, three hits, twelve strikeouts, no decision against the Athletics. Then when four and thirty indings and a no decision against the White Sox, making his eighth career start against the Dodgers. Show Hey Otani on the mount, making his second start, first start with six shutout innings against the Guardians last week. He lot just one hit while striking out six, currently riding a twenty two to two thirds scoreless inning streak on the mound. He has not a lot of run since the third inning of the game against the Reds back on August twenty seventh last year. He has been on the mound three times against the Blue Jays in the regular season with the Angels and twice in the postseason with the Dodgers. Dodgers and Blue Jays were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tack on your Home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 3: Long Dodgers Blue Jays show. Hey Otani Dylan sees the pitching match up. Getting ready for the start of the game with a Sapporo start Great moments. Start with Sapporo beer at whatever your taste preference, so Poro aws you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Soaporo good with sushi, but great with baseball. Before first pitch, back out to the booth. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, guys, all right TC.
Speaker 5: Getting closer to the first pitch In this one a familiar foe for the Dodgers. It's Dylan Cees, the former San Diego padre, now in his first year with the Blue Jays. He will start for Toronto opposite shoh Oltani, making his second turn of the year.
Speaker 3: Moe, you're big key.
Speaker 2: I think the Dodgers have to do what they've done so far on this road trip, in particular the starting pitches that they have seen good off speed stuff. That's the story with Dylan Sees. In fact, if you look the last two years, he's thrown more off speed pitches than any other starter in Major League Baseball. So be ready for the off speed, including the slider, and he throws that very often and very effectively. He has not had a record in the first two starts of the season.
Speaker 6: For show.
Speaker 2: Hey Otani, we go back also talking about him ceased with the breaking ball. Went back and looked at Otani. His curve ball was really a big out pitch for him in that game that he pitched against Cleveland, where by the way, he went six shutout innings, did not give up a base hit only one of the ball game of those six innings that was a fourth inning double. Other than that, he was just absolutely sparkling.
Speaker 5: He has the longest active on bass streak forty two games at the plate. He also has the longest active scoreless inning streak in baseball at twenty two in two thirds innings. He is just a marvel and will be treated to him here again today in Toronto. First start here obviously since Game seven of the World Series. He pitched on short rest then two and a third innings, gave up three earned runs of that one Bolbushett home run, he just demolished a sweeper to left center field. Ultimately, though the Dodgers, as we all remember well tim were able to come back and win back to back World Series championships. They have a chance today to win back to back series via the sweep and make it a truly happy and perfect road trip before heading back home to Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Steven. Dodgers fans. Sad news to pass along on this Wednesday morning. Davy Lops, member of the Dodgers record setting in field the nineteen seventies and the nineteen eighties, passed away today at the age of eighty. The team just announced this a few minutes ago. In ten seasons with the Dodgers from nineteen seventy two to nineteen eighty one. Davey Lops was a four time All Star appeared in four World Series, winning it in nineteen eighty one. No Dodger has played more games at second base than Davy Loops in their career. Only Morey Wills has batted more leadoffs for the Dodgers in the history of their organization. Davey Lops joined Steve Garvey, Bill Russell, and Ron Say for eight and a half seasons together as the Dodger infield. So more in the loss of the great Davy Lopes passing away at the age of eighty. Coming up first pitch from Toronto Dodgers in Blue Jays, I'm Tim Kase. This has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio nowhe