Speaker 1: On air at am five seventy LA Sports and I'm Demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros, Papaday guests left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts not Money Smith.
Speaker 3: The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do.
Speaker 4: You know it's coming.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 5: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You see the March, It couldn't be anything else.
Speaker 1: The mun the month.
Speaker 2: I'm skull on the line, on the on the line, on the.
Speaker 7: Line on the telephone, him yours ice turnt down.
Speaker 2: That's where you're going.
Speaker 3: See you in the.
Speaker 2: Ice pompey es OSDD. If you overwhiched, what is that our misery?
Speaker 3: I'm sitting here all day with nobody that keep me company?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 8: Steve cow Oh, think more about words, Think about them earlier.
Speaker 3: Rommy e Cetros and Money in five seventy Elight Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Our final hour going to six o'clock. Dodgers on deck. First pitch from the Gap and Ford Broadcast Center seven to ten pm. Yamamoto on the mound as the Dodgers handed the Mets their sixth consecutive loss. Yesterday, David Veasse joined us last Hour. He'll be part of Dodgers on Deck as the best in the business. Dodgers continue their assault on the major leagues, and they don't need no stinking giveaway to pack the house. People excited just to watch Dodger Baseball out on Monday, eat the Dodger Dogs, drink all the beer you could possibly stock your fridge with within five minutes of its arrival. So many great things happen at Dodger Stadium outside of the great giveaways they put on the skip.
Speaker 2: We'll get excited. You know.
Speaker 8: There's a great opportunity for all kinds of things. All right, it is time for the final hour fun Fast. In effect, it's yeah, we're three fas fun Fact brought to you by our friends and Concordia University Irvines Masters in Coaching podcast and program.
Speaker 2: The podcast is free. The program You're gonna, You're gonna, You're gonna.
Speaker 8: Fake it feel like it was free, because that's how much it's gonna help you. That's right, Cui dot edu slash Coaching. You're gonna you're gonna want to pay them for the rest of your life. That's how much it's gonna help you in.
Speaker 3: Your coaching the rest of your life.
Speaker 8: Sign up for the summer term, which is May eighteenth. Go to CUI dot edu slash.
Speaker 3: Coaching get a thousand bucks off final hour. Fun fact. Did you know? Walter Dimer was trying to improve upon an earlier failed nineteen o six bubblegum formula care created by the company where he worked. Flear Company. That gum was too sticky and it came out and the color gray. As he improved upon the formula, he recognized promoting and selling a product that looked like clay probably would not go so well. Walt looked around the factory and they only had one color of food dye on hand, pink. The flavor was a mix of winter green, peppermint, vanilla, and cinnamon, and the color pink was added because he had no other choice. The taste and color of bubblegum was born. It was an instant success, and he called it dubbl e double bubble, And.
Speaker 8: Now there's buckets of that terrible tasteless bubble gum in every beautiful dugout.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna hear it's coast to coast. It's gonna be delicious for at least nine seconds. All right, you're gonna have like nine to thirteen second.
Speaker 2: It's on fruit stripe. We got two full second.
Speaker 8: They only got seven seconds. That's why Big Red had that long ass kissing commercial. All right, it's time with the quick hits, quick hits, quick, y'all. Yeah, the Dodgers are twelve and four there at home tonight versus the New York Mets, Yoshi Amamoto and Nate McLain.
Speaker 2: Doyers, that's the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Doyers.
Speaker 8: You want to make sure that you tip your hat south of the border to our friend Justin Turner. Over the week, I announced that he is signing a DL to play for the Toros de Tijuana of the Mexican Baseball League.
Speaker 9: To fans, JT here, I just want to let you know that I am fired up to join the team and to bring another championship back down to Setro Colorado, and also wanted you guys not to worry. The beard is definitely on the way back.
Speaker 10: Stoasamo through Campandoo Colorado. You know set Frocopan La Bara Rea Nice.
Speaker 8: They're already selling number ten Turner Toto's uniforms as he showed on Instagram at the team store in Tijuana. You might want to get down there right now. Say hi to our friends in Chula Vista. Kates wants to do a Petroson money remote and one of the Tijuana Toro's home game.
Speaker 3: Maybe we just buy one of the jerseys. Maybe we just do that, have it shipped here and not that. I wouldn't be opposed to doing a remote.
Speaker 8: Hey me a little sponsorship money, I'll take the borders at the pharmacia, y y yeah, yeah, y'all. I don't want the jersey. I want the stinking experience. I want to see him sacrifice a calf. All right, let's during the seventh that he's dressed.
Speaker 3: I want to see some Santa Rio.
Speaker 2: Let's go just leave in America. No, it's Tijuana. It's right on the order, dude.
Speaker 8: Clippers Warriors, not tonight, tomorrow, play it tournament, Clippers. I'm gonna watch it tonight. They beat them over the weekend without Kawhi. I was that Warriors dig. Here's Steph Curry on the Warriors mental state going into the game. What what's the mentals like?
Speaker 1: Mentally, it's just come with the writer proach right utality. You know you're gonna have to.
Speaker 9: Uh as a as a group, we're gonna gonna have told stand some runs.
Speaker 2: We know the ups and downs if you're not gonna play perfect.
Speaker 9: But can we just play hard for forty eight minutes and shoot ourselves in the foot.
Speaker 5: With Turner was like we did in the Sacramento game.
Speaker 9: Or play to their strengths and that's just game plan discipline.
Speaker 3: So we can do those things. Don't give yourself a chance, and that's all you want, that's all you want. Give yourself a chance. Don't shoot yourself in the foot. Played our strengths, not their strengths.
Speaker 8: The Lakers take on the Houston Rockets and the opening Round Game one on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Night at Crypto.
Speaker 3: I think the Lakers can win it, most don't, well Hartman does. I think the Lakers canna win it. And he got the best out of Rodney Pete the other day.
Speaker 2: Here's J. J.
Speaker 8: Reddick on the way the Lakers ended the season not being at full strength.
Speaker 2: With their players.
Speaker 5: We have tried for the last six weeks to build towards the playoffs, both in our mentality, with our habits, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: We knew the reality.
Speaker 5: Whether we got three, four, five, six, whatever it was, there's no easy matchup. There's all the all those teams you know slotted there, our tough teams. Whether it was gonna end up being you know, Denver, Minnesota, Houston. Houston's obviously a really really good basketball team. And we're gonna we're gonna prepare and we're gonna fight, and we're gonna go try to win the series.
Speaker 3: I don't like any of that.
Speaker 5: We're gonna prepare and we're gonna fight, and we're gonna go try to win the series.
Speaker 3: And we're.
Speaker 2: That's how I read it.
Speaker 3: Although Luca and Austin Reeves remain out indefinitely, no update on their playing status is expected before next week. But remember the NBA and their scheduling brilliance, does not have this series starting until Saturday.
Speaker 8: That helps certainly. The NBA just completed its best three year attendance stretch ever twenty two point one eight million fans, and that's even without Magic City Night in Atlanta. That was canceled, eighteen hundred and eight per game, ninety seven percent arena capacity, eleven teams with sellout seasons.
Speaker 3: I certainly didn't see this coming, be honest with you.
Speaker 2: It was a hell of a top story yesterday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I believed every word, and I stand by stick by your story.
Speaker 3: I think if you kind of go through it. You mentioned a league set of record for most fifty five plus point blowouts. You go through the standings and you have what have we got here? One two, three, four, five, five teams forty games below five hundred. It just seems hard to believe that this would be the year that they broke all those records with one two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten teams with twenty six or less wins.
Speaker 8: But you can always figure numbers and make numbers figure. Yeah, and they made a The NBA has some good things about it these days and some very undesirable things. Competitive City Night competition wise, good thing, and a bad Magic City Night was canceled. Man, it was. It was unsavory from the beginning, and so was Diana Rossini. Reporter Diana Rossini has resigned from the Athletico less than a week after the published of her, but I thought there are a lot of people on that trip. Well, Matt, you're reading way too into this. Okay, her contract's up. Okay, Well yeah, but it's not up for like six months? Is in like two weeks? There's going to be a bunch of trade In her letter posts it online, She writes, the media frenzy is hurtling forward without regard for the review process the Athletic is trying to complete, rather than allowing this to continue.
Speaker 3: How big of you.
Speaker 8: I decided to step aside now because who would want before.
Speaker 2: My current contract inspires June thirty.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I don't want this to play itself out, knowing that there is a perfectly logical explanation for those photos. Instead, I'm going to step aside months early, accept termination for cause, and move on.
Speaker 8: I accept the narrative that has been constructed around this episode, but because I refuse to lend it further oxygen or let it define me or my career alas the media has chosen to pass judgment upon me and the statements I made that my employer found to be untrue, and my inability to prove with some sort of evidence the statements that I made and they got behind. Initially, I'd rather be this stupid lady that asked Liam Cohen that question. At the end, you keep your head up, coach, right, I'd rather be that lady than Ruth.
Speaker 3: Very positive, you know that that lady was working towards something positive. Listen, May Diana and Mike find love and peace and eternal happiness with each other. Made those have been the seeds planted in Sedona.
Speaker 8: Not since Raymond Chandler has a private detective bait sence an impact.
Speaker 3: Made those seeds bloom into cherry blossoms of love appreciation.
Speaker 8: Philip Marlow's out there running around Sedona one of those old timey cameras.
Speaker 3: Yes, we hear at the New York Times. Further and believe our colleague or our employees, Diana than it was a group of six. Hello, there was nobody else.
Speaker 2: She's a she's been on, she's going what she's known in the town.
Speaker 3: Who you've been talking toppy boy? Who who's online to missus McEwan? But hello, that bitch, Matt.
Speaker 2: There's some CBS brew.
Speaker 3: Ha Yeah, taking heat over their coverage of the Masters of the Weekend inability to find Rory McElroy's golf ball second shot on the eighteenth.
Speaker 2: Too many cameras. That's what happens if you have five cameras.
Speaker 3: Shot tracker cameras. The angle for his final.
Speaker 2: Tapping, I can't fight the button.
Speaker 3: Nobody could see. It was from behind. McElroy nance went on with the other pms in a very dulcet tone to defend his colleagues at CBS T it's live television.
Speaker 7: We all make mistakes. First off, for the record, the putt was that long. If he would have missed it, if we would have had the altar story in the history of golf.
Speaker 2: But I'm really proud of our crew.
Speaker 7: You're making, as you said, so many decisions, split second decisions. The things that were shown produced by our crew, hundreds of people involved over the course of four days, some thirty hours of television.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: I can't speak to the difficulty and some of the decision making, some of the other things that people are responsible for. I just know that our crew is the best in the business.
Speaker 3: Our crew is.
Speaker 7: Nominated at the Best Emmy's next month for Best Technical Team Effort. At last year's Masters, the exact same crew production team is nominated for best show in Television. I just walk away with war memories and a lot of pride for what everybody did.
Speaker 3: I get that it was a two foot putt, still a one stroke lead. It's still only one stroke going do playoff, and because the ball he hit on a felt like it could end up in freaking Atlanta would have been good to like be holy crap, what the hell was that? So even though Jim, I'm sure don't know what it's like, I'm so proud of our team and I mean, come on that final putt it was to win the Masters.
Speaker 2: McAfee said, Hey, I like the way that you answered that. Great job, Jim, thank you all right.
Speaker 3: I got a hotel for you in Sidona.
Speaker 2: I got a bridge to say in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: I got a spot with a shade lounge and Sidona you can go to together.
Speaker 2: Long. Well, I'd like to be there with you.
Speaker 8: Matt Kelly. I tried to lock up with you interlock the other day. And if that's gonna make you.
Speaker 3: I'm not that kind of guy.
Speaker 8: Well, if you're gonna relax a little more around that, Chase Long, I'd like to give it a try.
Speaker 3: I'm only like that when i'm around six other people.
Speaker 2: On the shade Long.
Speaker 8: Well, we'll be back with more Petres and Money on AM I seventy la sports, minor sports stories and great sports talk coming.
Speaker 1: Up day, Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 2: This is Petro Money on Demand.
Speaker 3: A tonight Dodger Baseball against the Mets, Yamamoto on the Mount first pitch at seven ten tomorrow on AM eleven fifty, our sister station. We'll have Dodgers Mets here, but we will have the playing game. Uh been a little bit of confusion.
Speaker 8: I have got the night blocked out. No calls. I told Rachelle, do not.
Speaker 2: Pick up that phone.
Speaker 8: We are going to watch the Clipper plan Steph Curry live out there.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Into it Dome credits tomorrow. They're doing the seven eight tonight.
Speaker 8: I have an appointment tomorrow at the Lakinta End.
Speaker 3: You go miss it.
Speaker 8: But right now, Matt, we're gonna take a little u turn and do a couple of stories that we have been following over the last couple years and weeks. Will have a minor sports.
Speaker 6: Stories, sports stories, or great Sports Talk, Prime.
Speaker 3: Court Coach, Prime Coach, Prime oh, looking good out there in Colorado. Right now, man looks so good.
Speaker 8: Let's check in with a story from yesteryear, like two years ago. We'll check in with Dion Sanders coach Prime and his Blendor sunglasses and his diapers and his hot girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Carucci Tran.
Speaker 3: And New York Giant should hire this guy, they should. Dallas Cowboys should hire this guy.
Speaker 2: They might.
Speaker 8: Colorado had their spring game over the weekend, Matt, last weekend, the Black and Gold spring game that many people get involved in in the Boulder area.
Speaker 3: After they did love it a couple of years ago.
Speaker 8: Now well three and nine, Record twenty five, a very sad sad one and eight in the Big twelve. One thing everybody's talking about after their spring game over the weekend was just how extremely small the Buffs looked coming out of the tunnel in fulsome field.
Speaker 2: They did not look like. I mean, I remember my older brother.
Speaker 3: Did they have a filter on that came?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: No, I mean I have some theories, but you know, my older brother was a really big, swollen everybody still is in his fifties, a really swoll guy and a very prototypical quintessential eighties nineties Mike backers, super swollen, and I remember John Robinson saying, who was our coach at USC for a time, saying, come off the bus and skirmish everybody, you know, right like he wanted people this guy off the bus right, you know. And we had a lot of those guys at us. See whether they were good football players or not would often come into question, but they always look really scary coming off the bus. I mean we would win that battle, and uh, the Buffs just didn't look very intimidating. Let's say coming off the bus they were let out by their star recruit. So they were a pop team. Well they are Pop Warner tea very intimidated. I think they'd be the best Pop Warner team of all time, certainly. I mean they are led by a five star sophomore quarterback Juju Lewis out at Georgia, who is only six feet tall listed so you know he's probably under six and he's leading you out. So now you're starting out, you better have some big swool guys behind him. And I got to be honest, I couldn't see him. No, no, now they look pretty sweat small.
Speaker 3: If that dude's in abs, he's five ten and three quarters.
Speaker 2: All the it's about my strike zone.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I lie.
Speaker 8: Uh. The social media comments were about how small the Buffalos looked and and diminutive. Where you want your team, you know, in college football, to kind of look big and swollen, especially when you can't actually beat anybody in a game. You're playing yourself and there's no games. Well, there's no measure, like, all you can really say is, well, the team look good. And you can't really say they look good because they look so small, and that's not a good thing. The Buffalo open at Georgia Tech in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're going to beat the p out of them.
Speaker 8: Well, the Georgia Tech no longer has that quarterback who's four hundred years old, Hayes. He's gone, Hayes King or whatever. The other king's reign is over. But then again, Atlanta is a black city and they love Deon Sanders.
Speaker 3: And they don't love Kevin Stefanski.
Speaker 8: No, no, they may not accept them at all. He's the word on the street anyway. Coach Prime is still battling health problems. We always wish him the best, and general consensus is the team looks small. My theory is because they were all wearing those Guardian caps. When your head looks so big, your body automatically looks small smaller, right, you know You're like, you look kind of Peter dinklojee with that on, and it makes you look smaller. I just got to be honest, it does. That's Willow. His head's not as big. I don't think we have a helmet on the roster. It'll fit Willow anyway. If anybody cares about spring games anymore, they don't really, But I think you were alluding to this, Matt at the onset of the story. In twenty twenty three, the attendance at Neon Dion spring game was a celebrated do it for the culture. Forty seven thousand, two hundred and twenty seven. Little Boozy Badass or somebody played right afterward Lil YACHTI swung his boots. I love the team came out to him swing his boots. And then in twenty twenty four, twenty eight four out of twenty four, very respect.
Speaker 3: It's not about what coach Prime can do for CU. It's about what CU can do for coach Prime at this page.
Speaker 8: That's right last year, twenty thousand. So now there's a market decline. Whoa and maybe they say maybe a stat padded Lebron James versus the Jazz seventeen thousand this weekend with the big Head, Mighty Bite team hit the field, oh last weekend. Colorado football will go by the way one day soon, if it already hasn't, it will go by the way of the Viper Carl Alarm, Oh, which is in there at one time, Bondley remembered. At one time the Viper Carl Alarm was popular with the masses and is fondly remembered to this day, but no longer useful.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they'll take there, it'll.
Speaker 8: Be not going to be useful anymore to the TV networks of Coach Prime is just sitting there in a diaper, losing by fifty every game.
Speaker 3: Ouch. I wonder if they'll take down Shdor's retire number.
Speaker 2: They can't?
Speaker 3: Why not? Why can't they? They can do it around hell, they want it's up there for they can just say this is a terrible mistake, I think should do it would have to be uh, he's never if they fire his dad, he's never coming.
Speaker 8: But he would have to be disgraced in some kind of legal way, should there would have to do something untoward like Harvey Weinstein, then they could take it.
Speaker 3: Down like otherwise, like tap the wrist.
Speaker 8: Because they could say, you know, he was really part of a big turnaround, and he was They almost won the Animal Ball, Yeah they almost, and they had a Heisman winner.
Speaker 3: That's why Travis Hunter stays right, he stays, that's fine. Should door thing comes down, like I.
Speaker 2: Mean, they took OJ's number down because you know.
Speaker 3: What I don't know because why, well.
Speaker 2: He stole that guy's baseball cards in Vegas. Everybody knows what he did.
Speaker 3: Can't do that.
Speaker 2: He stole that guy's paraphernalias, right.
Speaker 8: Threatened him. I want my jersey, my cards. Good luck to the buff. All right, Matt, this isn't even better.
Speaker 6: Minor sports stories or great sports talk Flint marsh clip.
Speaker 2: No, not even clothes. Live Moss, Oh, Live Moss.
Speaker 8: Taco Bell has got these Live Moss Cafe.
Speaker 3: Let's go party late night, dude. It's like after hours.
Speaker 8: They it forwards a story that we've been on top of. What is the Live Moss Cafe. It is a actually just like a slurpey station and a specialized beverage forward shop inside a shop concept that features twenty five to thirty hand crafted drinks, Creamy Chuo Chillers, Dirty Mountain Doub Baja blasts alongside and refreshers alongside a standard full taco bell menu, which is not necessary for me. I just need the bean and cheese, So it's like a taco bell with a Tim Kate style Dirty Soda Dirty.
Speaker 2: Soda shop on the inside.
Speaker 8: Now they have six Live Moss Cafes in the OC and over thirty now around the United States.
Speaker 2: The new one and.
Speaker 8: They're going to have patches at stickers and pots to give away. The new Live Moss Cafe open Saturday, April eighteenth in Mission Viejo on the Santa Margarita Parkway, the Parkway the Carson Palmer built. They have deals all week for teachers and students. This is really a young people thing, the Live Matt As Tim Kates tried to alert us with the situation in Utah Dirty Soda, the Live Mosses have been riding the wave of dirty Soda. The first one was in Chula Vista, right there on the border between Mexico and the United States. Man a very heavy Latino culture down there might not want to criticize them.
Speaker 3: Where are we right now? Like where am i on the border of Mexico and the United States.
Speaker 8: Julavis has got those two high schools, East Lake High, the Titans where l Titan went and Walls Yeah, and uh Cheula Vista High, Home of the Raiders. That's what the Live Mos cafe markets to there. Well in PMS, does the remote down in Tijuana for Justin Turner's team down there? Let's go, we can stop and get some the second Live Moss could is it Uci? Well, that'd be on our way as well. Yeah, we can just miss it up there too. Russ Turner just gonna get what is it a truro? Yeah, a churo creamy churo.
Speaker 3: Refresher chiller, Chiro chiller, churro chiller. That's a chro chiller there, Uh dirty Mountain do at the other police.
Speaker 8: Now this differs from the Taco Bell Cantina. See that's what I wish now now yeah, see you're wrong, Okay, Yes, the Taco Bell Cantina.
Speaker 3: That's party time.
Speaker 8: There's one downtown and there's one on your favorite the Dirty Boulevard, harl Hollywood Boulevard.
Speaker 3: I want to fly. That is the adult taco bell with the bar and Okay, so I had it wrong.
Speaker 8: So this is a this is a dirty soda machine inside a taco bell. This is for the Mormons, This is for the youth, This is for the people of the sun. Now there is a taco bell. There is a taco bell cantina on Hollywood Boulevard, and there is one downtown. There is no if you want a dirty soda in La County. If you want to suro chiller, well, first of all, at the cantina they have beer, sang grea slushy alcohol drinks called Twist, and freezes totally different. They do have unique menu items as well at the canton. Okay, it's my apologies. I got it.
Speaker 3: More loungey atmosphere right, and it's open late. People go party there. They get sideways city scaped areas. That's where your cantina is. Okay.
Speaker 8: There is some news for the young sugar sucking organ blowers and Tim Kate's gall bladderless people in the dirty soda world. Dirty soda alert in Mission Viejo. Now, as far as the dirty soda goes, there is a live moss cafe around here in.
Speaker 3: Lachan Yata that got that got a who out of Tim Kates.
Speaker 2: There is one in Lancaster.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna be going there anytime soon.
Speaker 8: There is a locator where you put your your zip code on the Taco Bell website and it'll tell you how close you are to the closest live Moss. The closest live moss cafe to me is Brea, a place where the Petrosen money shows no stranger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's quite far from you. If that's your closest live moss.
Speaker 2: It's about an hour away, fifty minutes.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're going to be living much moss. No, you're going to be living Manos is what you're gonna be doing.
Speaker 2: With Mossy Meadows.
Speaker 8: Dirty Soda is here to stay man And I'm sure they're going to open one close to me, maybe at the Taco Bell right by the High School. Do you guys want to churo Chiller? Do I the og Taco Bell ride by South High and torrents on pch and Cali Mayor they're destined for a live moss Anyway, there you go. This cantina is for the adults. Everybody thinks they haven't figured out to you tell them about the Dirty Soda Machine. Live Moss is for the youth and.
Speaker 1: Youth Southern California's most listened to sports talk show This Money on Demand.
Speaker 8: Hey everybody, thanks for listening. Petro send money back on tomorrow at three oh klaw. We hope that you enjoy the Dodger game tonight. There is no sweatshirt to scam people with or bobblehead to confound the public, but Yoshi Yamamoto is pitching to the night, which is a party in and of itself in many communities, including just the Dodger and Baseball community. However, there it's not going to be as bad as the Yoshi bobblehead night. We can all agree on that certainly.
Speaker 3: And I uh and again, Dodger Steam's a very popular place so to find yourself frustrated incorporated, and it's hard to move around the concourses as it was yesterday. A lot of people put it's gonna happen when you sign up to go somewhere where there's fifty four thousand people.
Speaker 2: I mean you should try to run anybody over.
Speaker 3: No, I just people bitching and moaning about God. So many people in the line.
Speaker 2: You know, look, John Cobelt, those guys left really early. It's fifteen.
Speaker 8: And the Duke who helped us out with some taping, Yester Duke. Those guys got to the game. And you know what. That cupboard was Bear. Yes, And that's one of the most impactful radio hosts in the history of the city of Los Angeles, John Coblt and his cupboard was bear.
Speaker 3: History of the world anywhere.
Speaker 8: Cupboard was Bear filled with cobwebs and dust like Mother Hubbard.
Speaker 3: So many people here.
Speaker 8: He should have a sweatshirt. Wednesday is playing on AM eleven fifty. Don't tell Freddy thought it was tonight. I'm gonna sit down and I'm gonna pop on Ali Pop and I'm gonna watch the big play in that gay on this tomorrow.
Speaker 3: M Oh, how do they have a show tonight?
Speaker 2: Dodgers mets Yamamoto.
Speaker 3: On the mouth, Tuca. I can't get over it. It pains me so much, a lot of things that paid us to hear, Tuka.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're just passing the time here.
Speaker 8: We can't we can't solve societal ills, although.
Speaker 2: We can turn our eye to history.
Speaker 8: The dead and the life Guy Birthday of the Day, Matt you got the dead guy today.
Speaker 3: I do happy it would have been one hundred ninth to Marvin Miller, one of the most important figures in professional sports history. Baseball. We don't do a lot of athletes. Miller was not an athlete. He never played.
Speaker 4: He was born in the Big Tip, but big the Big Tap.
Speaker 3: Grew up around the ideas that would shape his view on business, about fairness, about workers' rights. His father was a union man, just like of the mines, just like that. Obviously, that had a huge influence on Miller. Grew up going to Brooklyn Dodger games, went to NYU econ degree, worked for the United Auto Workers, the International Associations of Machinists, the United steel Workers, the biggest unions in all of America.
Speaker 2: I don't like it with that.
Speaker 8: Henry Ford turned a machine gun on those protesters there. I didn't know when he turned that toley gun.
Speaker 3: It's a different time, is that Vega kid?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: We all know it was a different time though, as we would know about it.
Speaker 4: We didn't know what to do with unions back then. Nobody did.
Speaker 2: They just spraying real quick. They give them a little spray, a little fire.
Speaker 3: A couple warning shots over there. He was the principal economic advisor and the lead negotiator for the United steel Workers, and so, in a bit of a curious move at the time, but it would change sports forever, the MLBPA went and hired him in nineteen sixty six. Marvin Miller said, we think we're getting the short shrift.
Speaker 2: Help us out.
Speaker 3: Major League Baseball Players Association at that time had very little to do. Baseball players had zero control over their careers. There was something called the reserve clause that meant even when your contract ended as a player, team still had your rights unequivocally could keep you for kind of whatever they wanted. The only thing you could do was say I'm not going to play.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Otherwise you took what they were offering and played baseball. When Miller stepped in, he took on the reserve clause as his priority number one. But instead of a bowl in a China shop method, it was a slow roll, a slow death for the owners. He took his time years, laid the foundation with the players, pointing out not easy to make league altering changes. For unions to work, he got to stick together. Players weren't into that. They were still making pretty good money and playing a kid's game. Some were anti union, they didn't trust him. Instead of pushing back, he just stayed. Calm was always viewed as incredibly smart, so when he felt like he had their complete and total trust, he took it on. He negotiated the mlbpa's first collective bargaining agreement in sixty eight. It won the players a forty three percent increase in their minimum salaries, and it introduced arbitration for player grievances before the commissioner three years.
Speaker 2: Get wanted to punch everybody in the face.
Speaker 3: He was the man that introduced the independent arbitration panel, and then he got his big break when Kurt Flood said, let's do this a perennial All Star for the Saint Louis Cardinals. Flood argued with Cardinals owner August Bush and gmbing Divine that he deserved way more than the ten thousand dollars rais.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, bait, you cheat me.
Speaker 3: So Divine sent Flood a person and YouTube Bush two sentenced letter that said we've traded you to the Phillies loser. Flood being black and the at the time Phillies fans, known to be the most incredibly racist in all of baseball, did not want to go. He wrote a letter to.
Speaker 2: Don't paint with the wide brush mass.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Tony, it was a different time.
Speaker 2: That's a real cure, all it is.
Speaker 3: He sent a letter to Commissioner Bowie Coon saying he did not view himself as property and said to notify all teams in Major League Baseball he was willing to consider financial offers to play for each and any of them for the nineteen seventy season. He ignored the reserve clause. He leaned on Miller and said, is this gonna work? Miller said, quote, given the court's history of bias toward the owners and their monopoly, you don't have a chance in hell of winning, and even if you do, not, only will you get nothing out of it, you'll likely never play baseball again. Flood then asked Miller if he thought it would benefit the rest of baseball and players that came after him. Miller said, I told him yes. So Flood moved forward with the suit, went to the Supreme Court in seventy two, and indeed he lost. He would only play twelve more games, but Miller was able to use what happened there when Catfish Hunter had a tussle with the A's in their front office and made him a free agent deal with the Yankees, and that then opened free agency as we now kind of sorta know what. Of course, team owners hated him, some fans hated him. Three player strikes, and you can argue here in La P we were just talking about it. Nineteen eighty one Dodgers don't win the World Series because of the strike that Miller led. That led back to being that unique season.
Speaker 8: Hi, listen to Dodger talk the other night. Tim kats is very, very impassioned plea, what are you doing, baseball?
Speaker 3: What are we doing?
Speaker 8: Look what's happening? You're doing so well, and you're gonna screw it all up. You're gonna blow it up.
Speaker 3: You're gonna ruin it all you blow it up. He stepped down in eighty two. He passed away at ninety five and twenty twelve, and it took until twenty twenty posthumously to induct him into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Speaker 8: Marvin Miller, we love Japanese people, Yes we do. We love Japanese people. How about you? In the spirit of Yoshiya Moto pitching a Night and the Great Show Hailtonic and not as much so Roki Susaki kind of like a Ringo level with the Beatles.
Speaker 2: It is time for Japanese NEWSI Babe, no you nowa I M this.
Speaker 3: Japanese the news monkey, every day banana monkey, never news.
Speaker 8: That is a Japanese Shizuka Kudo from Tokyo.
Speaker 3: Ringos got to catch strays like that.
Speaker 8: Because he's less impactful, just like Sasaki.
Speaker 3: Sasaki level strays for Ringo star.
Speaker 4: On my birthday, it's rich, It's stake on birthday.
Speaker 8: Shizuka Kudo from Tokyo started in a pop unit at seventeen called seventeen Club and that had some success. But she can't be seventeen forever. But her next group was a huge girl group and she's the most successful one out of it. It was a big eighties group like the Japanese Manudo Oh, a girl idol group called ony Yanko Club all eighties the own Yanko Club meant kiddie club, and she was one of the best known stars from that club. Huge Japanese eighties culture machine, much like Manudo and our old friend Victor Brick would say more than Menudo, says Torres two for four, that's more than Menudo, y'all.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you open the door?
Speaker 3: U F n F.
Speaker 2: Vic ones custom me out in the Hooters? What really did he apologize? No nobody? He settled down, Well, at least he's settled down a couple hours. Beat you with his naughty bamboo the F word.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, times he called me some very ugly things.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you enter the door? You wi?
Speaker 8: Anyway, this chick is a pretty big famous star, Shizuka Kudo. She has dozens of albums, married a guy from the boy band SMAP, and they have two kids, and both their kids are like models and singers and stuff. So there's a really famous lady in Japan for your Japanese news.
Speaker 2: And we do have some titles ready to go.
Speaker 3: Don't you think I don't remember what happened last?
Speaker 2: Are we ready? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Don't think I don't remember what happened.
Speaker 2: You know what happened, Matt, You know what happened the last time we played.
Speaker 3: Perfect game? Wait for the cycle?
Speaker 8: You know, I mean it's a professional league. You know you're only as good as your last title.
Speaker 2: To say, I'm not. Hey, come on, it doesn't work. I'm not an abandoned cat, damn it.
Speaker 8: You know, in a baseball game, it wouldn't be cool if the umpire be grudgingly struck a guy out.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, I threw a stroke. You're not supposed to.
Speaker 3: I'm not an abandoned cat lying after one sip of wine.
Speaker 2: Handle me like an angel?
Speaker 3: How do you handle an angel?
Speaker 2: How do you talk to an angel? You talk to the an angel, bear clawd lion.
Speaker 3: Shot coming, popped it up. You read that.
Speaker 8: Up and forbidden telepathy? What if I said telepathy? Silence is sexy.
Speaker 3: I think we'd all agree. You know, if you didn't talk so much, it'd be a lot more into this.
Speaker 2: Once. You could also say you never say anything. You just lay there.
Speaker 8: You're never happy.
Speaker 3: You know you didn't talk so much.
Speaker 8: When you talk, I'm annoyed. When I talk dirty, you get you're annoyed. But I don't say anything. You call me a starfish.
Speaker 3: I know those things you said about my hip action were lies.
Speaker 2: I love your I love your hip action. That's not true.
Speaker 3: As stiff as a board.
Speaker 2: What should I say to him? Tell him you love his hip action? All right? We'll be back.
Speaker 8: Tip Cakes is coming up next with Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We're happy to be with you on the Petro sand Money Show tomorrow at the same time, three o'clock. Stay with it, James Kelly's