Speaker 1: The Power Trip is packing up and heading to the island. Catch the Guys live at Treasure Island, May twenty eighth and twenty ninth, two shows loaded with games, NonStop laughs, and amazing prizes, including trips to Las Vegas. Book your room and save twenty percent with promo code KFN, plus a big announcement you will not want to miss out All the details at KFA dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 2: It's a big h sounds fun zacho. It's a big in NonStop laughs. I mean, I hope we make you laugh a little bit, but nobody wants to not be able to stop laughing.
Speaker 3: No, And I like you know that Nick Madden probably wrote that right and shout out to Nick. I like that Nick at least thinks this show is capable of producing non stop laughs. I think we don't believe that, but I like that he thinks that. Yeah, you know, I believe it. Non stop laughs like you.
Speaker 2: I mean, it hurts your belly after a while, you can't breathe.
Speaker 3: See you look at how many consecutive seconds we just want to.
Speaker 2: Go to staff?
Speaker 4: Didn't I already stop? All right, Niko, We're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now to get at that, Yeah, throwing like they may make you giggle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or like occasionally they might make you feel like you're not wasting your time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you have a loan standard for laughter, you'll have a great time.
Speaker 5: Yes at Treasure Island that later this month.
Speaker 2: Here's cap capris off that just made you giggle non stop on what went wrong in game one and it ain't gonna go wrong tonight.
Speaker 6: The defensively we give a couple goals will usually we don't give it, you know, and like it's like details where we like should be both on top of the guys, you know, and we just give easy, easy goals against you know. But it's nice that happened in the first game, you know, and in moving forwards, we know what do you mean to do now? And uh, we just need to like, you know and keep playing better, you know.
Speaker 3: In round one for the Wild and the Wolves, we kind of had the pendulum swing from one team would look like they were dead in the water, and then the other team would look like they're gonna win the series, and then it seemed like the next game the other team would switch where like, oh, now we are going to win that series, and then the other team would be lifeless, and it's like, well, now we're going to lose this one though, and then we all finally the pendulum swung back and forth, and in game six for both we both had it.
Speaker 5: We both move on.
Speaker 3: So last night we had, hey, let's back up a couple of days. Game one, nine to six. The Avs put up a billion goals. It's like, oh boy, this might be a weird series. Last night we thought Spurs are going to win this series. We're probably not going to see ant for most of it. And now they steal game one, So why don't we have the pendulum swing back. The positivity will swing back to the wild. We'll worry about Wolves game two later, but for now, let let's get this other one back up and running. Let's split in Colorado, then you get nine. We so off before game three in Saint Paul on Saturday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't have to convince me to have the positivity, if that's what you were trying to do.
Speaker 3: I was looking at you when I was talking, but I'm just saying in general, I know that it's like a lot of well, we don't have Juel Ratonak we don't have rodein. They put up nine goals. Is this really gonna work? Can we really do this? This is the best team in the NHL. They haven't lost in the postseason yet. Can we do this?
Speaker 2: Well, let's let's let's scare them tonight, yes.
Speaker 5: Zachy, guy Zacho.
Speaker 4: I felt like, just watching as a very casual hockey fan, obviously Colorado has a ton more zip and jump and speed. Was it just a sort of Game one feeling out, getting used to that new kind of flow situation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean think about it. You know, they just got done playing the same team six consecutive games, same players, same style, and so uh yeah, I mean you form probably a little some habits that you gotta wash away and get and get ready for for a different team and a team that is certainly a much better skating team that plays a different style. And you know, they only had a couple of days between Game six and then Game one to to really you know, switch those gears and get ready to go against again the best team in the NHL right now. So, you know, I think there was a lot of encouraging signs. I think you know, you heard the audio from Carill we've we've played some other audio over the last couple of days. It's basically saying, hey, you know, there were mistakes made, they were correctable, and they can can certainly turn this thing around very very quickly.
Speaker 5: It's you know, game two.
Speaker 1: It's a seven game series for a reason, and they'll have they have time here to make those those adjustments. Maybe get jeel ericson back jewel Erics and ec backets and sound like Brodein. Unfortunately gonna be coming back anytime soon. So that's also hurting them too that if those two players are in the lineup, I think it's a it's a whole different ballgame on Sunday.
Speaker 5: But that's just how the cards are dealt.
Speaker 2: Right now, Marnie looks like go back to Marny for a second, KF Comp slash Watch. It looks like she's wearing a Zach T shirt. Oh what is that Zach T shirt? Yeah? Are you watching Cafe Comp slash Watch right now?
Speaker 7: Zach Halverson T shirt?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because his face is right in the middle of your chest.
Speaker 5: Oh, I just lost three months mortgage.
Speaker 2: Do you have motor boat?
Speaker 5: Lost that? Beton?
Speaker 1: I bet me wouldn't if you stand up a little bit. We can make you into a teletuppy.
Speaker 2: No, you're not going to say what it looks like. Actually, if she stands up, Rosie enough, Rosie, come up there are you? Oh there? There? You gonna say somebody DCM had a motor boat. He's got his face on it. You can't see it. I'm up them.
Speaker 7: I'm glad I can entertain you.
Speaker 5: No, thank you, I NonStop laughs. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I know right, Pat gets it, little cakes. Oh that's me, little.
Speaker 7: Let's Oh good.
Speaker 2: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by this Saint Paul Safe. That's right, Saints or in Vegas. We should all be there, but they'll be back hs Field coming right up. The ladies and gentlemen. The twelfth of May versus Colorado. They hated Buttholes of Colorado.
Speaker 5: Yep, terrible team name.
Speaker 2: The fans voted. Yeah, you know, it's Mind League Baseball. That's what they do. There's one family back during the gold Rush that was just really na literally stuck.
Speaker 3: I'm like four plus weeks away from Vegas, so I'm within striking distance, so I can feel it. Now I'm starting to get the Vegas jitters. You know, let's go. I gotta scratch that itch.
Speaker 2: H I get it.
Speaker 3: So when you said the Saints are playing there tonight, it's like, let's just time traveling.
Speaker 2: Let's just go today. Why not.
Speaker 3: We could fly out right after the show. We could be in Vegas well before the Yeah, the puck drops in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we need that. We need to cover the game.
Speaker 3: Right And technically you fly pretty much over Denver to get to Vegas, so we can. We can. We can check in on Denver and the vibe on the way to Vegas and greatest saving Yes, exactly, there he goes. And then Chris will land in Vegas and wave with the people at the casino.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna go in, go in, Go in.
Speaker 3: The Minnesota Timberwolves are up one game to nothing against the San Antonio Spurs wemby with eleven points. That's the good news, right, We kept them to just eleven fifteen boards, twelve blocks. The twelve blocks and NBA postseason record. And I mentioned this earlier, but Marnie, he is just the third play in NBA history to have a triple double in the postseason that includes blocks. Now, the NBA began tracking blocked in nineteen seventy three. So if some of those giant men back in the day, you know Bill Russell or Will Chamberlain or whoever, George Mike and maybe maybe back in the day they had triple doubles that included blocks, but the NBA didn't track him until nineteen seventy three. So from seventy three to now though, just the third playoff triple double that included blocks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's they won anyway.
Speaker 7: He's impressive.
Speaker 5: Man can do everything.
Speaker 3: But luckily, like you mentioned earlier, luckily last night he couldn't shoot from deep. That was the difference.
Speaker 2: Oh for eight yep, from three, and he can hit threes.
Speaker 3: He can, so if he even hits an average amount, which is like two and a half, three, we're in trouble.
Speaker 5: And he went over there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I guess if you take him out.
Speaker 4: The rest of the Spurs were probably averaged from three. But as a team, you add him in and they shot twenty eight percent from three.
Speaker 5: So I got to play the game.
Speaker 2: You do. The Wolves shot third, that's great from three.
Speaker 4: I mean, Mike Conley hitting four of seven from three was huge.
Speaker 2: He did that he.
Speaker 4: Definitely did that. That was a big time get for the Wolves.
Speaker 5: Let's go back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what if after they you know, wheeled and deals and stuff deadline and then Conley bounced around for a second and then we finally got bought out or whatever and then was on the on the market.
Speaker 5: If we don't get him back, what are we doing right now?
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 3: What are we doing? But I mean, honestly, what would it be all bones? Or would the Wolves if had had to find some other rando?
Speaker 7: Yes, we would be.
Speaker 4: We don to be a little more Jalen Clark pretty much. He's not a ball handler, but he is a guard.
Speaker 5: Ish is a true point. Right in the old school, we.
Speaker 4: Could see Dante DiVincenzo and Io Desumo and Anthony Edward. I mean, nobody could see this coming. And if if our team is fully healthy, Mike Conley might not even see minutes in the postseason minutes starting.
Speaker 5: In the regular season.
Speaker 2: Right, he was barely getting in Yeah exactly, Hey, can you guys tell me I read somewhere in passing a mention that he broke his face once and still played in a playoff game.
Speaker 7: Mike Conley or Dante diven Conley broke.
Speaker 3: They wear a mask, probably the mask on. I think doctor said the mask on in the past.
Speaker 4: Two hours his nose in Charlotte, I want to say, he came out, sat on the bench.
Speaker 2: She is.
Speaker 5: Wait she or he did.
Speaker 2: Zach she did wow?
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Dante was sitting on the bench. He went back to the locker room, came back out, sat on the bench. You could just see his nose instead of going straight down was the hook shaped s shaped. And then he went back in the game and played that game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I take the rest of the year.
Speaker 7: Broken nose. That was this season.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's no fun.
Speaker 7: This season or last season. I feel like it was this season.
Speaker 4: It was early in the season. I condy broken face. Yeah, twenty fifteen playoffs. It was with the Grizzlies. A severe facial fracture, so broken bones around his left eyes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: CJ McCollum elbow Game three of the first round against Portland. He went, he underwent surgery and had two metal plates.
Speaker 2: Inserted, and he played again in that series.
Speaker 4: Defying medical advice. Conley returned for Game two, wearing.
Speaker 2: A perfective game the mask on.
Speaker 7: With twenty two points. In twenty seven minutes.
Speaker 2: Wow, let's talk about how hard an elbow has to hit you in the face to break your eye socket.
Speaker 5: Love it? Oh, okay, good, love it. Carnage.
Speaker 4: Shockingly, during that game, Draymond Green hit the already injured Mike Conley in the face while battling for a loose ball on purpose that cannot be proven.
Speaker 2: Okay, my god, though that's terrible. I'm not tough like watching, not that kind of tough watching what Ant's knee did. And I'm not trying to like prop him up that he's, you know, the second coming, but that's pretty tough to be able to come back that quick. I know he's young, and I know he has people whose only job is to make sure his knee is better. But still, that's pretty damn impressive. Man. I don't know if he broke his face, if he'd be back right now, but still, damn Probably have a cool mask, yeah, I'd make mine real cool, like a hockey like a.
Speaker 5: Hockey mask, right, got something painted on there?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that is pretty cool. It looks like bain or leather face or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like a bloodshot eye and yeah.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool. Yeah, man, he's pissed. Yeah, it's futuristic. Yeah, we just show the camera.
Speaker 5: Yeah and you get yeah, pro you get it.
Speaker 2: You really are.
Speaker 4: Something new young Mike Conley. He I respect the heck out of that guy. Just I love him general man, and I know I'm a pee wanna bru. I listened to him all the time. I talk about too much, but they do a good job. I like it when he's on with him. I missed him when he was gone, and I don't know about basketball. I listened Mike Coddley even though I don't like basketball.
Speaker 2: What's that tell? You tells?
Speaker 7: You know good radio when you hear it.
Speaker 2: That's right. He's a good guestro. Pro been probably could have been pretty athletic.
Speaker 5: He eats, yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: But he does. Does he eat my name Mackie's ice cream? Like I'm eating right now?
Speaker 7: You're having ice cream?
Speaker 2: I couldn't help, but I was in need of something to sustained.
Speaker 5: Would you pick?
Speaker 2: This one? Is called caramel brownie. It's real good.
Speaker 5: That sounds good.
Speaker 2: Hunks of brownie in there. Ice cream sounds fantastic. Cararamel.
Speaker 4: Ye figured it out rockingly Caramel and brownie. You heard mar Did you like the protein bar?
Speaker 7: I brought.
Speaker 2: I actually split it with the young sauceman. Oh I liked it as well.
Speaker 7: That's a that's a Costco special.
Speaker 2: Really well done, thank you, fulfill fulfill.
Speaker 7: You know what they remind me of one hundred grand.
Speaker 2: Bar oh, I love you.
Speaker 7: It's got and.
Speaker 4: A little bit of a slight rice crispy kind of yes.
Speaker 7: Good, Yeah, it's a really good protein bar.
Speaker 2: I like it. You know their jobs to Costco. I'll never go there, but nice job.
Speaker 5: You're missing out.
Speaker 2: I can't stand the people that wait.
Speaker 3: They go there there because because because we are the people that go.
Speaker 2: There too many of you.
Speaker 7: Don't you go on a weekday, late morning.
Speaker 2: I don't go anytime I've ever gone there. It's the third layer of hell. Everybody at their own time, trying to get a sample. Relaxed chubsy.
Speaker 5: I love Costco.
Speaker 2: Get out of my.
Speaker 4: Way, saw, I'll meet you in Shaska. You're going to the wrong Costco.
Speaker 2: You're probably go anywhere.
Speaker 7: Lewis Park on a Saturday at two o'clock.
Speaker 2: I would meet you on your problem, but I will not meet you at Costco. The parking lots are enough to make me want to go at nine o'clock the one right here at nine o'clock is not that bad at all. Yeah, you know what the crazy thing is, there's products elsewhere.
Speaker 4: I'll fight you on this one, Hawk, I'm I love my Costco.
Speaker 2: Same you know what, Marnie, I love you and I would let you win the fight. You win, Okay, you could beat me. Send me your list, I'll get your stuff. I'll meet you in the park. There's really nothing they have that I can't get a target oh contrary, well, yes and no, some truth and not can't get at that price. I love to spending money. I ask a lot of people if I can pay regular price on sale.
Speaker 4: You know one thing I do love also at Costco is like the restaurant gift cards. If you find a place that you like and you can get a one hundred dollars gift card at Costco for eighty dollars, is that right?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yes, Well that does seem like a good idea.
Speaker 3: If you're just not lazy, if you plan ahead, You're like, if we stop at Costco first, we can save twenty percent.
Speaker 2: Correct, Wow, you get multiple of them.
Speaker 3: So and sometimes it's like Mall of America like Nickelodon Universe passes there's like top golf passes, like they have a lot of other.
Speaker 5: Things that are not just restaurants crumble cookies exactly.
Speaker 2: May I ask a questions at Costco. The last time I went to Sam's somewhere to Costco, they made me bring my own boxes or bags, and I was like, you can't just help a guy out with a bag, You can't. I got to fish through these grubby boxes to find something to.
Speaker 7: Put my Yeah, that is a whole sale before.
Speaker 2: One thousand hot dogs in that I bought.
Speaker 7: Oh really, that's what you're going to Sam's club for.
Speaker 2: I was having what we like to call a hustler.
Speaker 5: Party, people that work harder.
Speaker 2: What did you think?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Of course they all get hot dogs, congrats you needed help, and I got a good deep breath.
Speaker 2: There's a you know, a couple of the real big hustlers, and I got foot longs for them, right mm hmm. Yeah. One of them broke in Mike Conley's face.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I can't believe your anti Costco because it seems like you love shopping.
Speaker 5: I love spending money.
Speaker 2: I love shopping.
Speaker 3: Nobody loves you to spend more money than Costco. Go in there and yeah, drop a couple of grand on bulk products.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know how you don't do that? Like one time I was at a NASCAR race doing a thing with uh I'm dropping names here with Daleenhardt Jr. And they opened up Cabela's an hour early so he could go in and shop. If they did that for me, I go to right now.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what you If you have the executive membership at Costco, you can get at nine.
Speaker 7: You literally get in an hour early.
Speaker 2: I'm not fancy I do. They're gonna let me piece of cake?
Speaker 4: Hey for the higher end membership, which is something you love doing, and you.
Speaker 3: Essentially get your money back at the end of the year. Anyway, if you go there, how do you kind of break even because you get rewarded from what you spend.
Speaker 2: This might be a good idea. I'm not gonna lie. You guys are talking me into it. Do they still have those charros?
Speaker 5: The churros? Know what the hell they do with cookies?
Speaker 2: Are you serious they don't? I'm shot. Those were the greatest things I know.
Speaker 3: My kiddo was pissed because that was Harper's favorite thing to go to Costco.
Speaker 5: And get charos. We did that for years.
Speaker 2: Are you messing with me?
Speaker 3: Not messing with Would they get rid of the chiros?
Speaker 5: Agreed?
Speaker 2: Huge mistakes?
Speaker 7: Sorry guys, a bitch.
Speaker 4: They have ice cream though in the in plastic cups.
Speaker 2: Chocolate vanilla swirl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can get it with strawberries on it, with chocolate syrup on it.
Speaker 7: It's a and their ice cream is.
Speaker 3: So so do you have a protein bar in one hand and a giant pile of ice cream in the other?
Speaker 2: Usually, where do you carry the hot dog?
Speaker 9: Come on, man, we have cards. You have to bring your own box.
Speaker 2: Zach Oh, I have to give that was dirty, but its clever. I have to give it to them.
Speaker 5: I do all right.
Speaker 3: So the Wolves are up one nothing. The Wild and Avs have Game two tonight at seven o'clock right here on the fan.
Speaker 5: We'll do headlines after this more the Power Tip Morning Show on the Fan. Playoff Basketball is heating up. Carboni's Pizza Rio wants to feel your game to watch party Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: Stop by one of the thirty plus locations scored Delicious Pizza and you're ready for the playoff grind? Order today Carbonispizza dot com.
Speaker 2: Man, you know it goes good to drink with Carboni's pizza.
Speaker 5: I could guess what, Marnie, why don't you tell us?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I can just taste it now, A chilled, shaken or starred surf sign, a surf sign and a pizza and a game two nailed it.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a good night? Can I come over? No?
Speaker 5: That was why?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 7: We'll meet at Costco.
Speaker 2: My friend spitfire Guy tells me the Costco chocolate chip cookies are the best.
Speaker 4: Oh god, yes, my friend, warm and gooey, the cookies.
Speaker 2: The cookies. My friend whose nickname is warm and gooey. Chat Abbott says Sam's is better than Costco because you can scan everything from your phone and not have to go through the chick outline.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other thing that Sam's has, it's kind of insane, and I think they might just be pulling a placebo effect on is when you leave Costco, you have to have the person at the door check your receipt and they do the whole close enough of boom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just whatever. They're not actually counting.
Speaker 3: I think some of them sometimes count, but if it's like seventy things in the cart, they're not counting seventy things. They're just it's the the illusion of security.
Speaker 5: Whatever. They don't care.
Speaker 7: Does Sam's Club not do that?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: What Sam's does is they have this giant arch.
Speaker 3: So, like Chad said, you go through it, you scan your stuff, you get the receipt. And I don't know how it works. I might be skeptical that it works at all. But what they do is you go through the gate. It's almost like going through TSA. Yeah, and then there's some it's almost always some teenage kid that just kind of gives you the nod.
Speaker 2: Like go ahead.
Speaker 5: So they want you to think that they.
Speaker 2: Have scanned everything and that they know what's in your cart. And maybe they do or maybe they don't.
Speaker 7: Right right, Oh, you're gonna test it?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 5: No, I'm a law abiding citizen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I got an idea. By the way, I want to say, let me do this. I'm gonna go over today with a stack of plastic target bags and just sell them to people in line of Costco.
Speaker 5: That might work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean a lot of things at Costco are so big you don't need target bags for them.
Speaker 7: That's why you just stack.
Speaker 5: Your trunk for sure.
Speaker 2: Mary, how much mayonnaise do you need?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, am I.
Speaker 5: Having a No, you're not having a party.
Speaker 7: You have a having a hustling party.
Speaker 3: Where do they do they sell Surf Side in bulk anywhere? I wonder where they sell liquor stores for sure. How many SAMs carries it, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I have not seen it at Costco. I don't have a Sam's membership. I am not opposed to it, but one bulk store at a time for us.
Speaker 2: I actually am going to Costco today.
Speaker 5: Oh thanks for the invite.
Speaker 4: For those protein bars. Thank fulfill protein ice stream and Arnie Palmers is they sell the tall thin like twelve ounce, but skinny can like a like surf Side comes in and for whatever reason they taste better interesting like that, So Arnie Palmers and they Fulfill and then whatever's on sale.
Speaker 3: Are you going to this one? I'm just trying to I'm trying to just go, trying to let your fans know where you can be seen. They want to go shot.
Speaker 2: Hey, I want to throw some o somebody real quick because we're throwing a love out to uh Surfside. I want to throw some love about to Victor headman who has during Mental Health Month here come out and revealed that the reason he's been gone from the Tampa Bay Lightnings because he was dealing with his own mental health struggles. And that takes balls man to come out and let everybody know you've been struggling with something like that and be public about it. So congratulations and good on you, and I hope everything's going well for you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I know he's probably not listening right now, but if you know, I'm let him know. I said, good on him. We got to talk about it, man, we got to talk about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because if it is arm or knee, yeah, right, or abdomen.
Speaker 4: Was hurting, he would take time off to until it was not hurting anymore, until he could play.
Speaker 2: Yep. Let's see. I've always believed that being a leader means doing what's best for the team. In this case, it all meant It also meant doing what was necessary to take care of myself so I can be the best player, teammate, husband, and father I expect to be. I've been fortunate to have strong support from my family, my teammates in the organization, my therapist and I'm and my therapist and I'm in a much better place today, So good for you. Man, take care of yourselves. Take care of yourself. It is Mental health month. Don't forget that look out for each other, right Marms?
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 5: All right, let's let's do headlines now it's time for We'll start with the sports.
Speaker 3: Headline is that the Wolves did win game one one O four, one O two over the Spurs despite Wenby's triple double in twelve blocks, but the Wolves hang on. Spurs had a three at the buzzer and it was wide open. If that goes in, we're all pissed, but instead steel game one.
Speaker 2: Everything literally.
Speaker 4: Here Anthony Edwards postgame interview right there, Oh thank you, Corey Cove or sorry provis.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 4: The first question was something like, uh, you know, how do you guys get.
Speaker 7: You must be so proud.
Speaker 4: We didn't even think you're in the play and here you gave us twenty five minutes whatever, And he was like, man, I made so many mistakes tonight, including several.
Speaker 7: In the final minute.
Speaker 2: I gave them.
Speaker 4: I gave them yep, I turned the ball over and I gave them two offensive rebounds. So his first thought was the inbound pass I turned over and they got two offensive rebounds where I did not box out, And I'm like, that is so mature of him to see that and know that, and on the spot be like and you could tell he was just feeling it. Exactly what you said, Corey. If they hit that shot, the entire storyline of this game is, holy s, did we below this in the final minute?
Speaker 7: Button bar and so? But but they didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that has to be the first thing that needs to happen, is we cannot make that mistake again, because we got away with one there and we ain't doing that again. And you could tell on his face he even looked and sounded different. He was not the smiley, happy, jovial ant. He was like, I'm serious, I gotta buckle down a little bit better. And I thought that was a really mature response from Anton Marns.
Speaker 2: I played a lot of this audio, but I played again because you probably haven't heard a lot of it. But I don't know, I don't have that particular audio, but I like this from Finch and what he says last in this audio bed talking about Aunt being back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was huge.
Speaker 1: I mean it was, you know, but by the time I found a little bit of a rhythm, and I thought Julius was really good.
Speaker 5: Just it was subtly good with everything he was doing.
Speaker 1: Off ball and obviously when he had the ball in his hands.
Speaker 5: But aunt was awesome. He was really good. I mean forgot how good he was actually.
Speaker 2: That last sting. I forgot how good he was actually because you know what what you were talking about earlier, Corey, And I don't know how you fix it. I don't even know if you have to. But the regular season just doesn't matter. Just get into the playoffs. Even if you scrape into the playoffs, it's a one game advantage for the home teams. Do you let it coast, don't hurt yourself, make the playoffs, and then turn it on. Maybe that is exactly like you said, what they what everybody was saying they were doing, might be what they were doing. Sucks for the NBA though, because Adam Silver hates that. But play thirty games instead of eighty two.
Speaker 3: Then that's the problem, right is Again, this is the best analogy I can come up with it. Why do a lot of stars rest to start the fourth quarter, Martie, It's because they can be fresh, exactly. So it's when it matters most, you're the most efficient right at the end of the game. It's the same thing. Load Management's the same thing, resting players, cruising during the regular season. It's all big picture, right, It's I don't think Greg Popovich was the first to figure it out, but he was one of the first to really maximize the whole idea of we have to take the entire season as one goal and not throw our guys under, you know, into harm's way on a daily basis.
Speaker 5: It makes a ton of sense.
Speaker 3: So it just sucks because Adam Silver is like, how do we stop load management?
Speaker 5: How do we stop tanking?
Speaker 3: How do we stop these games from October to April not mattering?
Speaker 5: Well, the Wolves are showing him it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Just as long as you can do it, just get in and then then then give one hundred percent effort and fight.
Speaker 4: That can't be the norm, though, No, it has to be something special about this Wolves team, right because we even question can they actually do this?
Speaker 7: Can they actually flip the switch again?
Speaker 4: It looks like just doesn't seem like that should be what a team is capable of doing, and they're doing it again. I just have to believe it might be the makeup of this team. You wouldn't want a toy with that. If you're another team, right, you wouldn't want to say, well, they did it, we should all do it.
Speaker 2: Just get to the play.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter if you're the We probably don't want to be the eight seed or the seventh seed because then you're in the plane yep, and you give yourself another game and another opportunity to stumble. So let's go one through six. Pick your number. Not smart.
Speaker 5: I like the gamble we're gambling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it works until it doesn't, you know.
Speaker 7: What I mean, works until it doesn't.
Speaker 2: It works until it doesn't till you wait too long and you don't jealous a team and then you blow it. But not this year. Maybe not your squad, not this guy.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm super bummed that Sauce is in here because this story would be one of his favorite things.
Speaker 2: He's right, you love him.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with him, That's what he says. But there is a thing that's in the news that he would love. He is a big fan of blue dot fever. Do you guys know what blue dot fevers?
Speaker 2: I had that once. I got a shot for it. Though, I'm not sure who gave it to me. Marns. Do you know what it is, Mars blue dot fever bingo, Nope, that's a great guess though. Blue dot fever is that ice cream?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's when you have to cancel a tour because if you go to ticketmaster dot com, your seats are just riddled with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why does he love it so much?
Speaker 5: But it is a legitimate problem right now.
Speaker 3: You talk about the economy, right the gas prices are high inflation's eyes, so everybody's freaking out. Everybody's saving money, and as we've talked about a thousand times, concerts are ridiculously expensive, so people have less money, and the concert tickets are going up and big names are suffering. Well, there's more now that are canceling tours, the Pussycat Dolls canceling tours, Post Malone and Jelly Roll, Megan Trainer zaying like they're all what these websites are calling, are coming down with a strong case of blue dot fever. And what's funny is all of them are going like Megan Trainers.
Speaker 5: Like I had a baby.
Speaker 3: I got to focus on my fan like they all are saying everything, But I just couldn't sell tickets, and I get it, it's kind of what you have to do. But everybody's blaming everything else. But if you read like the New York Post or this website from England, they're just saying blue dot fever is sweeping across the globe. Unless you are an absolute megastar. The in between acts are getting obliterated by blue dot fever.
Speaker 4: Okay, but didn't this need to happen definitely in order for these astronomical prices to burst?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, I had to happen, course correction.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see what happens this summer. The long list of concerts coming to the Twin Cities. I love music, you know, I love music. I don't know how many of the shows can support, especially these giant facilities. Man, I don't know how they can have all these shows and have all these these big acts come in and sell that many tickets if the tickets are that expensive. Maybe the course correction continues. We'll see, though. I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of shows will be low dose shows by the time they actually happen. In other words, they'll lose ticket prices to like twenty to thirty dollars a ticket.
Speaker 4: Well, that was going to be my next question is why do Why is the answer that the concerts need to be canceled? Why isn't the answer Let's move the prices down and see if we can sell these tickets. Then are the people who already bought the tickets going to be so pissed that you have to actually start from zero and start with your pricing at a different price point.
Speaker 2: It's a tough thing. I don't know. I think the answer is you move up the pre purchased ticketed people to better seats and then sell the rest. That's a logistical nightmare. I know it is. But let me tell you. We've talked about this on there before, so I'm sorry, but we had a Rocket Club show at a venue I won't say I love the venue, but it was a Ticketmaster show, and when the tickets went on sale, they sold like hotcakes, and we watched the ticket prices go up for our own show, and we had nothing to do with it. So people were buying tickets and when the first hundred of them sold, the one hundred and first ticket was more expensive than the first ticket, and they watch it, and when the tickets are a hot ticket, Ticketmaster raises the price as they're being sold.
Speaker 5: And like Uber surge, pricing correct and the problem.
Speaker 2: The artist gets none of that. In fact, if you didn't, if we didn't know that it was going to happen, we wouldn't have known it was happening. So the person who bought the first tickets in line may have spent fifty dollars. The person who bought one hundred first ticket might be spent in eighty dollars, and they blamed the artist, and the artist has no idea.
Speaker 7: Does the reverse happen if tickets are slow?
Speaker 2: Great question. I can't answer that, honestly, I don't really know. I doubt it though, but I don't know for sure. I don't know.
Speaker 4: So if there are already as you said, there there are a lot of shows even this summer in the.
Speaker 2: Twin City, so many great shit.
Speaker 4: There are already shows announced and available and out there and not selling. Well, do you think we are going to hear more announcements or see see tickets prices go down?
Speaker 2: We won't ride away because they'll have to see if walkup is good. An outdoor venue, specifically like the mystical like Campiteator is going to be great for walk up on a beautiful day. It's like a baseball game. You're going to decide to go to a concert. So I have to say the first month they're going to measure what the walk up rate is for those concerts compared to pre sale tickets, and if they don't change, I believe they probably want. I don't mean to single mystic like Amphitheat. I'm just in all the concert places, especially outdoor venues. It's walk up man. It's what you depend on. And we'll see how they go, and I think they'll adjust as they go.
Speaker 4: Well, it is summer, and summer is the outdoor concert season, so completely art Field has a couple of them.
Speaker 7: So yeah, that's what we do in the summer.
Speaker 2: And they're building more outdoor amphitheaters in the Twin Cities area and one right down by the waterfront. So I don't know how many we can support. I'm glad. I love it. I love outdoor music. I don't love paying two hundred dollars a ticket. Yeah, that's correct. You speak for all of us. Thank you when you say that. I hope I'll keep because.
Speaker 4: We love music, and we want to see it, we want to consume it. We can't afford to.
Speaker 2: I would. There's nothing I'd rather do than go to a concert. I love it. Okay, there's one thing I'd rather do than go to a concert, or maybe maybe four different things. One of them is tied.
Speaker 7: Buffalo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know that was her name.
Speaker 2: It was your shape, all right.
Speaker 3: There's no way to transition from what we were just talking about to this, and Marnie, I'm not gonna look at you because I'm talking to the room.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking to you when I say this.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha, we got it.
Speaker 3: If I stripped naked and threatened to drill you, you would probably be uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: Correct, I'm not talking again, I'm not talking to you.
Speaker 2: I would talk. I don't think there's anybody who wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Be Now, what if? What if?
Speaker 3: The catch here is I stripped naked and I actually had a drill in my hand and was threatening to hurt you with a drill.
Speaker 5: Because that's what happened. In Florida, a guy was arrested.
Speaker 3: He stripped naked on a beach and threatened people on the beach to get drilled.
Speaker 2: After a dispute over a deck chair.
Speaker 3: So he do he brings a black and decker into a beach and just is ready to drill p Yeah, I mean did he run to his car?
Speaker 5: Maybe he add in his car.
Speaker 2: I think, or he planned on going for the joke at some point.
Speaker 3: I want to get drilled and then maybe yeah, maybe he lives on the beach.
Speaker 5: Well maybe not. It's walking, it's by the beach, my new beach house.
Speaker 2: I still love that she clarified that, like it didn't want to lie to us work now and I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Jeez, people are doing rage workouts now to blow through their anger and fuel their fitness simultaneous.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any other kind. Yeah, yeah, man, rage workouts and strength. Let's go.
Speaker 5: End of an era.
Speaker 3: I didn't see this four days ago, but apparently this happened. Did you guys ever use ask Jeeves dot com or ask dot com?
Speaker 2: But I remember the ads? Yeah, I definitely.
Speaker 3: You know, back in the day, he used to ask Jeeves a handful of times before Google was like the norm. But chat GPT has taken Jeeves's job. Apparently, after thirty years of answering the world's questions, ask dot com officially closed.
Speaker 2: On May first. For ask that's a good run to ask. Jeeves too bad, and my name is Jeeves. It's just for butlers. He has a butler's name. Yeah, yeah, it's short for Jeeverry.
Speaker 5: Yep, oh, that's true. Today's sinco demayo.
Speaker 2: It is, isn't it? It's the fifth A wow, it is already We're getting there May fifth.
Speaker 3: Man more airline bankruptcies might be on the horizon. Jet Blue in Frontier also facing financial issues. They have some risk moving forward as well.
Speaker 2: So listen to this.
Speaker 3: Artists in the rear view mirror and now Jet Blue in Frontier apparently in trouble as well.
Speaker 2: Glad you brought this up because we were talking about the Shastanzach was talking about how he didn't mind it Spirit Airlines, which is completely cool. You like, we like, you go where you go. You got to do what you can do. I get it. But here's an article from CNN, by the way, not from you know, any source, CNN lousy service, not the Iran War killed Spirit Airlines. That's the first line of the archer. Spirit was doomed to fail because of mismanagement, deep financial problems and crucially, it's reputation for per poor customer service.
Speaker 3: That was every story I ever heard. Yeah, he was at the customer service and.
Speaker 2: Good, not that I'm glad they had poor customer service, good that there were consequences for having poor customer service, because yesterday I have spent the last three weeks trying to cancel my trash service.
Speaker 5: Okay, how is that possible?
Speaker 2: Because you can't do it online. You have to call somebody. And I was on hold for forty five minutes the next time, for thirty five minutes yesterday, because I've been paying for two weeks for my trash not to be picked up. I sat on hold for an hour and seventeen minutes yesterday until somebody finally picked up. But I couldn't hang out because I've been paying for them to not pick up my trash. I'm already paying another service who has good customer service, to come get my trash. And the guy said, why are you canceling? And he was so nice to me. I couldn't do with the thing I wanted to do, which was just tonguelash him. But it wasn't his fault.
Speaker 7: No, we're just working by one.
Speaker 2: Of three people in the call center.
Speaker 7: You know, sure, give us I should say, please pass this.
Speaker 4: Along to someone who is in supervising marts.
Speaker 2: I did that exact thing, and he was very sweet and said that he would. It won't matter a bit.
Speaker 3: Nope, dang, I know all right. From time to time, I like to do this to you guys. I like to ask you a question that's an impossible thing to answer, like you're not going to get this right. I just want to see who gets close and how many guesses it takes to even get in the ballpark of being right.
Speaker 5: But this is one of those situations.
Speaker 3: If you guess it right, you read it like Mark Hamill singing country music.
Speaker 2: Exactly, you heard that right.
Speaker 5: A police officer in Washington responded to a report of a suspicious bag and it was.
Speaker 3: Filled with three hundred and sixty three blanks. The police are looking for the rightful owner. Now, I'm going to give you one small hint. It was a suspicious bag, but nothing in this bag was illegal at all, not even close. But there was three hundred and sixty three of something left in this bag.
Speaker 2: I have sixty three marbles.
Speaker 7: Not a terrible first guest needs to be returned.
Speaker 5: Not at all.
Speaker 3: No, that's again, I just want to see how close people. That's not a terrible first guest where the answer is you're like, you're not close, but you're in the right realm, the same store. Yes, now you're going the wrong way. Okay, so Marbles is in the right store. You could definitely find both items.
Speaker 5: In the same store.
Speaker 2: Jacks, can I can I give her another same store?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: Saying the hot blots? I mean, I mean, come on.
Speaker 5: That's maybe the best wheel very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, three hundred and sixty three hot wheels, all in their original packaging.
Speaker 5: Aren't they only worth a couple bucks apiece?
Speaker 2: It depends. There's some that just select select we're in the packaging three hundred and sixty three.
Speaker 3: How gigantic is this Duffel bag or whatever? What do they have? That's a lot of space amazing hot blots.
Speaker 5: That's the hell of a clue.
Speaker 3: Not only does it say exactly what it is, it actually has the word hot in it. So that was a pretty good clue. But you nailed it, nailed it. I wonder god I loved them. Who's carrying around that many hot wheels?
Speaker 2: I probably liked cars more than y'all did when I was a kid. But did you have matchbox cars? To sure you had matchbox and hot wheels?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I liked them both, love them so much.
Speaker 4: Build a ramp, yeah, you know around the house, around the living room. You use different couch cushions to give a little.
Speaker 2: My wheelie my French had. Jordan had a carpet that was a little city. He laid it on the floor and we drive it all over the place. We were eighteen years old.
Speaker 3: More than seven and eighty six thousand bottles of Afron original nasal spray been recalled due to the risk of child poisoning.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's nice. I know. Loves fat.
Speaker 5: He loves when kids get poisoned.
Speaker 3: He loves Jeoffrey's demise one of his favorite scenes of all time.
Speaker 2: That was one of my favorite.
Speaker 5: Same. Screw that kid, Yeah, screw that kid.
Speaker 3: And again, just when you thought he was the worst person to ever live, here comes freaking Ramsey Bolden and somehow Ramsey's even worse worse.
Speaker 5: They're both terrible, alright.
Speaker 2: P Hey, Marty, watch Margot's Got Money problems. Yep, Margo's got on Apple TV. It's so good.
Speaker 5: And Beef Season one and season two. I don't know. Okay, did we talk about that last week or not?
Speaker 4: We did not?
Speaker 2: She was here.
Speaker 4: No, but the creator is from Minnesota.
Speaker 5: For which one Beef? That guy's from Minnesota. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: It was on our pregame show Get Out of Here.
Speaker 7: Towards the end of the Wolves season.
Speaker 2: Good for having.
Speaker 3: What a smart guy. I've heard an interview or two with him. He's very clever, very creative.
Speaker 2: One of the things, Pat Proft and Uh, one of the Zucker brothers, have another movie coming out. They wrote another comedy.
Speaker 5: Look at our guy, Pat know how about it? Still kicking ass?
Speaker 2: I know. I'll look that up and get that info for you.
Speaker 3: To If anybody listening knows the creator of Beef personally, because he's from Minnesota, I'm a huge fan of both seasons.
Speaker 5: If he wants to be on the show, that would be awesome.
Speaker 7: He does live in la.
Speaker 5: Is a big show.
Speaker 7: I'll get you his info.
Speaker 5: That show is really good.
Speaker 2: I want this to be on record, so mark the stallin pouch of bets, Nick Offerman will Win and Uh and Emmy for episode three of Margo has Money Problems. For episode three, he literally ripped my heart out of my body, and I didn't see it coming, and it was a wonderful moment of acting. I didn't know. I don't mean to be mean. I didn't know he was capable of He's fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 7: The Last of Us he was.
Speaker 4: I forgot he was in that one episode of the Last of Us in corredible to everyone. Surfside is indeed available at Costcore you go.
Speaker 2: I'll meet you there.
Speaker 3: I would go there for meet you there.
Speaker 2: The Wolves Go Go.
Speaker 3: Sauce is back tomorrow after he's done watching people move for him.
Speaker 5: Nine to noon is next already.
Speaker 2: But that was gonna be a great day. Let's go get it.