Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While friend the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 5: Covere condition, everything, everything, everything. You see your father, then you see me, you'll feel.
Speaker 4: Micky a.
Speaker 2: Petro saying money and have five seventy ELI Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio. Have full four hour show Today. Dodger Talk will follow us with David Vesse he joined us in the last hour. Chase Suttley, we'll join him at seven o'clock going till eight. Same thing tomorrow as tomorrow, we will have Dodger Baseball though a nooner against the Arizona Diamondbacks. That'll cover up Rogan and Rodney and then Thursday, the Clippers are back in action, but no Dodger broadcast today. They didn knock off the Cleveland Guardians, but our next Dodger broadcast of Dodger Spring Training baseball will be tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That note against the Slythering Snakes. David Massey with Chase Sutley at seven. So much Dodger action, so much Dodger fanfare, so much Arizona love. And the Petroson Money Show continues all week long. Only three hours on Thursday. This has been scheduled. Talk on the Petroson Money Show Your Latinos, You're Latino, don't forget to podcast. The show on the iHeartRadio appens streaming live and right now. Brought to you by the Concordia University Irvine Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration Program. The spring semester starting soon gonna CUI dot edu slash coaching. It's a fact Tim Kates has interviewed eighty four people eighty four on the Masters in Coaching podcast. Each one of those interviews an inspiration, Each one of those interviews a spark of motivation for coaches and administrators in Southern California and beyond.
Speaker 4: Oh tenta e quatroll you see.
Speaker 3: Okay, well done, Time for the final hour fun fast fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're three fun fun fact, final hour fun fact. Pe. We are in the month of February, which means next month is March. In Japan, women give chocolates to.
Speaker 3: Just say what did you just say? Did you just drop that nugget? It was like scheduled talk that March comes after February. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's exactly right, and we are walking that line right now here. On February twenty fourth, on Valentine's Day, Japanese women give chocolates to men for Valentine's Day. That's correct. They give the chocolates to the men, not as it come in one of those cardboard, red satin topped heart boxes, and the chocolates are a bit stale and the truffles are kind of gross. I don't know. However, there is a holiday one month later, exactly one month later, on March fourteenth, called White Day, in which men are to return the favor and give the women chocolates.
Speaker 4: White Day very popular.
Speaker 3: White guy running the board today, somebody.
Speaker 4: Got pretty excited about White Day.
Speaker 2: Exactly. It's typically white colored Valentine's excessible.
Speaker 3: Well, so Valentine's Day is kind of like Sadie Hawkins Day.
Speaker 2: Yes, and.
Speaker 4: White Day is to tell your bitch that special.
Speaker 2: That's one way to put it. I guess if you were to interpret it that way.
Speaker 4: Yes, hey, hey, tell your bitch that it's time for quickts quickets, make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Dodger spring training today took on the Mariners at Campbell Back Ranch. Next game is tomorrow when they take on the Hissing Snakes.
Speaker 2: Oh, Nolan Aeronato, Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 4: Home game for the d Backs. All the whole spring training is.
Speaker 3: Gooble says he will pitch one game in the World Baseball Classic. Crazy that Pingolore broke the story in the World Baseball Classic pool.
Speaker 2: Play and not saying if it don't come from ping.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm just I'm that's fake news. Pingolore did not break this story.
Speaker 2: Oh, he absolutely broke it.
Speaker 3: But he's only going to play in that one game, and then school's gonna return to Tiger's camp. If the USA makes it to the finals, he will rejoin the team to root him on. But this decision was to make sure he stays on his routine for the start of the regular season.
Speaker 2: Listen, I know you only want to throw one game in pool play, but could you do me a favor? Sure? What do you got their skip? Mark de Rosa? Could you come back and root us on if we make the final. I sure will cheer us on. That mean a lot to the guys.
Speaker 3: Oh bye, gosh, by golly, I'll.
Speaker 2: Be there because that'd be great.
Speaker 3: Usc uc LA tonight at poly Pavilion. It is an exciting Crosstown showdown in the big ten of all places, Muscleman versus Cronin. The students at UCLA camped out overnight and they moved him out to the field, the innermural field where those guys were having the wooden sword fighting with.
Speaker 2: That one time stole that scooter.
Speaker 3: And there was a scooter theft that Kate's desk Cop Kates reported or tried to report guys taking that scooter. Apparently there's a big line around the arena last night, so a lot of people will be there. That should be an exciting thing. Bill Raftery think is on the call with Jason Bennetti. That's a really good broadcast team on FS one, so looking forward to that. Charles Badako's latest attempt Bettiaco Charles Bettiaco's latest attempt to play college basketball this season was rejected Tuesday by an Alabama judge. He must be an Auburn guy because if.
Speaker 2: It was like the guy that gave Triniad Shamliss the extra year.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well actually Colonel rab was the name of that bridge.
Speaker 2: Real flu all the documents and wow, there is no precedent, and two other lower courts have said you cannot do this. I have decided I.
Speaker 3: Was moved by coach judges soliloquy regarding the pregnant ladies.
Speaker 2: Hey, I did tend law school at Ole Miss. Of course I did, but that has no bearing.
Speaker 3: I believe the Betioco judge said, there you go Worringal after he gave the guy averaged ten points in five games for Alabama while he played, And uh, I just wish I could have been that pa guy at Alabama. Like now, in his eighth year out of the G League. It's Charles Bettyako Betty Igo got chars old head Benyacle in his ninth year.
Speaker 2: Thankfully, that'll hopefully set a press for the other who's to say, unsuccessful nbas that are trying to come cash in some nil money at twenty four and twenty five years old.
Speaker 3: Lakers thirty four and twenty two. They host the Orlando Mahico tonight. They are the fifth seed in the West and they are fighting their ass off.
Speaker 4: Over who's to blame.
Speaker 2: Nice little moment for Lebron to use his mouthpiece Banana Boat to talk about Luca's lack of defense, relentless bitching at the officials about nonfoul calls from the moment the ball is tip.
Speaker 3: I know another guy that doesn't play defense and bitches at the officials all the time.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, I understand he's out there doing your bidding, but feels like it's the old Spider Man meme right there, my friend, I have a T shirt.
Speaker 4: With that on it.
Speaker 3: The Clippers are twenty seven and thirty. They've lost too in a row, and Mkawhi says it's over. They're sitting as the tenth seed in the West. They're off until Thursday when they host the Minies. So to Timberwolves, you.
Speaker 4: I said it. I said that. They said it's over now.
Speaker 2: If you were wearing that Spider Man T shirt with the Spider Man mean I have it, and you came across someone else that was wearing that T shirt.
Speaker 4: Well, I think you're gonna be.
Speaker 3: What you're gonna have is two guys pointing at each other and Force Spider and Force Spider Man's pointing at each other.
Speaker 2: As one unbelievable moment.
Speaker 4: It's great. It's like the end of Reservoir Dogs.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The combine is where Matt is. It's underway. They don't call it the Convention Center out there, kids, they call it the CC. Players will start doing their drills on the field tomorrow and Matt will be there to help make turkey hand outlines.
Speaker 2: Right. I don't cheat, guys. You can spread those digits, but once I say stop, you need to stop, and I need to make the turkey. Okay, Now, here's your feathers, here's your googly eyes.
Speaker 3: Keep your head still, Raiders GM John Spytech met the media today. Matt talked a little bit about it in the last hour and he talked about Max Crosby out of Eastern Michigan in his future with the Silver and Black.
Speaker 2: Max Nowell remain in US.
Speaker 6: Yes, I am Max is an elite player, and I've been very upfront from the from the start when I got here that you know, we're we're in the business of having really good players on the team and we need we need a lot more of them, and you know it's hard to build a great team without elite players.
Speaker 2: What has been your communication? Like with Crosby was less a month or so.
Speaker 6: Max and I have a great relationship. He's in the building every day getting healthy.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 6: We talk on the phone, we text, So I have a great relationship with Max.
Speaker 3: The Silver and Black are back.
Speaker 4: Other trade talk.
Speaker 3: The Miami Dolphins have got to figure out what to do with a tongue of the law.
Speaker 4: They say everything is on the table, all are welcome.
Speaker 2: I believe it's somewhere in the neighborhood of ninety million dollars of dead cap that they would take a hit on if they were just to cut him without a team absorbing some of that salary to try to ease that burden. But he is not expected to be on the Miami Dolphins next season, so interesting to see how they're going to try to work that. Some people speculating that he could find himself backing up Justin Herbert in Los Angeles. Should he just be cut straight out and have all that cash to lean on.
Speaker 3: The Houston Texans say that CJ. Stroud trade Rimmers are moronic, You moron. The Atlanta Falcons say they will release quarterback Kirk Cousins next month, making him a free agent, and the Eagles have said they can't guarantee. Well, this guy was a big problem for them wide receiver AJ Brown. Well, maybe it's because he hates the quarterback Jalen Hurts, who's more of like a running back type. But hee, oh geeee. Let's go go see what the birds birds and Matt there's WNBA news.
Speaker 2: Yes there is. Thanks for leaving that for me.
Speaker 4: Damn you know we that NFL stuff.
Speaker 2: A Petrus was doing the news and then all of a sudden, Matt took over and at six eighteen we can pinpoint it exactly was the moment Matt started talking that everybody tuned out of the Petros in money shows. So maybe we got a little bit of a problem here with one of the folks. The league told the league's Players Association, this is the WNBA folks and teams on Monday that both sides must agree to a new collective bargaining agreement by March tenth if they want the twenty twenty sixth schedule to remain unchanged. The biggest sticking point between the two sides is revenue sharing. In twenty twenty five, the WNBA, for the first time ever ever this league has been around for almost thirty years.
Speaker 4: Don Staley's grand old now.
Speaker 2: First time ever nerrated enough revenue to trigger sharing with players. Obviously, thank you to the Caitlin Clark phenomenon.
Speaker 4: Not just Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 2: Just Caitlin Clark. What Matt Aja Wilson is an exceptional and exceptional player. Sabrina Ionescu, It's fantastic. Diana Tarassi and Rebecca Lobo our forces to be reckoned with Lobo Lobo still up there, Don Staley. Swoops is what's just the one that's really bitter?
Speaker 4: Swoops.
Speaker 2: Somebody's stay still coaching at South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Somebody's very bitter on television.
Speaker 2: I think it is Swoops. I believe Swoops because Staley's still coaching.
Speaker 7: Up as a Southern American. You said something that got up underneath my skin.
Speaker 2: I am. I have kind of kept an eye on this just I do that I left it for you.
Speaker 4: Matt Why I left it for you.
Speaker 2: Right therelast time I checked, they weren't happy with the housing stipend that they were requesting in lieu of additional salary that would be paid.
Speaker 4: Just you know, you know, they got out to cross all the tea's not you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Luck to them. May they get every cent that they are worth. That is why I think there's a little bit of a.
Speaker 3: Oh mad mad and you know, to be fair, people tuned out when to a tongue of Aloa joined the Chargers is the backup?
Speaker 4: That's pretty said commentary on us.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with more Petrol said Money Talk Some Hockey coming up next on m five seventy. Don't forget David Massa at seven o'clock with Dodger Talk, Petros Papadakis Mat Money. This is Petrol Send Money on.
Speaker 2: Demand, Petro Some Money, Am five seventy LA Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, your home and back to back World Series champion Dodgers will have spring training baseball tomorro a noon against the Diamondbacks. And remember PMS on demand is available as the Petros and Money Show podcast through that iHeartRadio app as well subscribe, and remember you can always stream the show live in the moment anywhere in the world with your smart device and the app and nothing else.
Speaker 3: America's got a hockey fever, and when people want to talk puck, we turn to one of the great French Canadian princes of the City of Los Angeles and the hockey world and beyond, Luke Robatai, Lucky Robati, longtime friend of the Petrosen Money Show, President of the Kings. Kings are back after the Olympic break. Everybody's talking hockey and they will be at home tomorrow versus Vegas, Thursday versus Edmonton, and Saturday versus Calgary.
Speaker 4: If you want to get that Canadian flavor.
Speaker 3: Very exciting stuff here to discuss it all because everybody's talking hockey on your Southern California Toyota Daters Celebrity hotline. It is Hall of Famer and star to us all Lucky Luke Robotime.
Speaker 4: What's cracking? Luke?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 7: How are you a long time to talk?
Speaker 3: How have you been?
Speaker 2: We're doing okay?
Speaker 3: You know, strikes and gunners over here in the world of great sports talk just riding the Dodger wave.
Speaker 4: But have you are you surprised? How excited? I mean last year was.
Speaker 3: Crazy with the four Nations thing that none of us have ever even heard of, and then this year with the Olympics or we're much more familiar with. I mean everybody these games are at five in the morning and whatever, but everybody loves it. Everybody's involved. Does that surprise you, Luke?
Speaker 7: It doesn't surprise me because I kind of knew, like going in, especially what happened last year where we had the Four Nations tournament and Team Canada and the US went at it. They had fights and so forth, and so so it doesn't surprise me this year because the talent level is so high. You know, do I wish the game would have been a little bit later in five am? Yes, because you know, you go there to try to sell our game. But but it doesn't surprise me the attention up because the level of talent is unbelievable. You know, like any one of those countries Swedes, Finland, Czechs could win, but Canada and the US are the two best teams, so it makes it really good for a game when they compete play against each other.
Speaker 2: You've competed in it before, Luke. I mean, you know what it means to see team Canada and Team USA kind of how how big of a deal is it? Like how unlikely was the upset? It just felt like every time we would get to this point, USA would be, you know, coming in second place, Canada would would be the champ. And that's just kind of how it was. How big of an upset was it, And just if you can put it into context too, based on sort of the population of the team and what players were out there for each country.
Speaker 7: Well, the best player in the world is Connor McDavid. It's not even close, but the level of the I called the Jack Hughes and those guys is really really close. So the difference one that big. So before the tournament, a lot of hockey knowledgeable people said USA had the best goalie and on a one game situation, a lot of times the goalie can steal a game, and I do believe Canada had more chances to during that game, but third goalie was stole the game. He was incredible. Connor got won of the best game in the history of the game. I mean, it's amazing what he did.
Speaker 2: That was incredible, It was exciting and I would imagine. I don't know if you felt it after four Nations last year that Petros was talking about what does it do for the NHL? What does it do for the Los Angeles Kings. When you have a whole Nations, you know, incredibly invested in this sport and then see you know, this level of play come out of it, do you feel that bump?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we usually feel that bump. I mean, obviously in your market, you want to win games, you know, I say, if our team starts winning games and having a good run, now it's gonna bring a lot more attention.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 7: What I mean actually both teams for the US, the women's team and the men's team, what they've done brought some attention to the game of hockey, which for me, ever since I've been Los Angeles, have been about growing the game and getting as many kids possible to play. So I think it's there's some momentum that that's gonna that's gonna keep going off of that and uh, you know, we just but you definitely want your team locally to perform. That's the key.
Speaker 4: What's it like, Luke?
Speaker 3: For these guys that want to kill you, I mean they were really, that's what made it fun is that these guys want it. I mean, it's not like the NBA All Star Game out there where they're you know, dunking the ball and shooting threes and laughing at each other barely breaking a sweat. These guys are out there trying to kill each other. How how is that so different from the NBA And now all of a sudden boom, they're going to be back to playing NHL hockey within days.
Speaker 4: How do you face a guy.
Speaker 3: If you knew him from the other team and now he's on your NHL team and you just wanted to kill that guy you were wrapped in the flag. Everybody's all angry. I mean, how do we recover from this with the NHL starting again?
Speaker 7: It is kind of that that part is crazy, how hard to compete and how physical those games were, and to come back and having to be in the same locker rooms. I think they'll look at each other. The guy that won, obviously can can is go one on the other guy, but definitely it's it's it's one of those things that it's a weird ceiling. But that being said, once you get back in your team and a playoffs such a long war and eighty two game schedule and you got a battle together. It's a weird dealing. Now, I do get a kick. I remember reading a few years ago Kobe when he was playing I think it was for the in the Olympics. He said he was gonna run pog assault. Yeah, and everybody on the US team was shocked. I'm like, we get that. Every shift, everybody's running each other and they playing the same team.
Speaker 2: So you know, there's there's some some great, obviously great moments that come out of the Olympics. But for you selfishly, you know, Kevin Fiala's out there representing his country, Switzerland and now he's lost for the year. We talk about it all the time, right, We have like Sho hail Tani and Yamamoto going to the World Baseball Classic now and the Dodgers are like, eh, not crazy about it. Kind of what is what is your feeling about guys going to play in the Olympics. Like you said, you're getting after it every single shift, But it just feels like hockey players are wired differently. We never even talk about this not being reality.
Speaker 7: Yeah, with a team that got punished hard because Kevin Fiella got hurt and he's going to miss a long time. So but I was a player and I wanted to represent my country. It's a it's a it's a bigger honor than playing in an All Star team because you're the best at the best playing in a competition to to represent your country. So it met everything. So I would never tell a player not to go. You kind of hope you go in this tournament and none of you guys are going to get hurt or any player as a matter of fact. But it's the risk you take. Because I've been working with the Kings and and hockey in the NHL, always trying to promote the game. I do know it's good for our game to go to the Olympics and send our best player there. So I'm kind of I look at it. You know that you got to roll the dice and and and hopefully no one gets hurt and it becomes a great tournament.
Speaker 3: You know, the Kings did not go into the Olympic break with a ton of momentum, But tell us about the trade you made and what kind of momentum you're hoping to build this week, Luke.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we didn't like the last few games we played, they were at home and we want to win them, and our guys were coming back from the long trip and we just didn't seem to have the energy we're in for a battle. We understand there's twenty six games we've been one of the best defensive team in the league. We've always said we need a little bit more scoring, and we had the opportunity to acquire our Tami Panarin, who's a pointed game guy in our league, a pointing game guy that's only you know, there's ten or less than ten doing that. So we really believe he's going to give us a chance to get an extra goal every game, and the way we play, we think that's he's going to help us make a huge difference down the stretch.
Speaker 2: And what about what do they do do they give you kind of like exceptions in the case of Fiala, where you know, maybe relieves a little bit on the salary cap for you to go out and get a player when something like that happens to encourage you to allow your players to play in the Olympics.
Speaker 7: There are no breaks like that. Don't give you any but but the way our system works, guys go on long term injured reserve and then you do get the cap space. The problem is they're not playing till the playoffs. But we don't think Kevin's going to be able to play until the playoffs. So in this type of situation, we're probably going to be okay. You know that we could replace him with another talented player.
Speaker 3: The Kings have fourteen losses in overtime this year, Luke, are you going to suit up for the next one?
Speaker 4: What are we going to do here?
Speaker 7: I know all we need to do is just just when a couple of those. So if we keep playing like that, you know, when we get in ot and next thing, you know, you get one or two extra win, we'll be fine. I like the way we've been playing. Guys, We've been playing playoff hockey the whole year, so that's gonna get us ready. We just got to make sure coming out of the breakdown we're the better team every night you.
Speaker 2: Have you know, you have Anshe Kopitar. I think he's announced that this is it, right, I mean I would assume, yeah, is that a little bit that's a little bit of extra pressure on you right to kind of, Hey, let's make sure we're in the playoffs and we got a shot at this thing. You know how different the playoffs can go from what your regular season record is first hand?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, and it's definitely uh, you know, Kope announced it was his last year. The pressure is on all of us every year, but he's playing real well. Unfortunately, he's been banged up most of the year and now it's the first time he's going to be healthy on this stress. So I'm really looking forward for us coming out and making a run to help him and help us down the stretch.
Speaker 3: Well, wrap yourself up and the stars and stripes or maybe one Canadian leaf for a shout out for Luke. And remember the Kings are at home all week. They got the Golden Knights, they got Edmonton, and they got Calgary. All coming into Crypto, the great Luke Rubbatie, a hero to us all and a shining beacon of hockey culture in southern California. We sure appreciate it. The only guy we thought about checking in with. It's not too angry, you know, because you know, you're a team president. You know, even though you're Canadian, you're a team president. You still got to talk, you know, chance to promote the Kings. We knew you'd have to come on. Luke, you know, Stoley and Army and all these guys. They they love to come on, but they're all crying on their pillow. But you had to answer the call. We appreciate it.
Speaker 7: The great loop Rubbati, everybody go there.
Speaker 4: He is dead and a live guy. Birthday of the day.
Speaker 3: When we return, Matt still at the combine, Dave's still in Arizona.
Speaker 4: I'm still here. This is petros Money on Demand. Thanks for listening, everybody.
Speaker 3: David Vassy's Got Chase Utley and Dodger Talk starts tonight at seven o'clock. In the very next segment, we will have another four hour show with calin Ye in the house on the Petrosen Money Show tomorrow starting at three o'clock featuring James Worthy, but Vassy features Chase Utley As our evening goes on, And don't forget to podcast our show on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone.
Speaker 2: It is there.
Speaker 3: You can podcast the show or stream it live, enjoy it and comment later.
Speaker 4: That was not our fault today with the podcast.
Speaker 3: That was a overall company glitch and I don't appreciate I appreciate the heads up that the podcast isn't up. I do not appreciate some of the snarky and more untoward message towards myself and the others that work.
Speaker 4: On this show. Yeah, I don't appreciate those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, that's not our fault. That's a corporate glitch. It's got nothing to do with us. Okay, Second down to night. All right, Matt's got the dead guy birthday of the day.
Speaker 2: Well, timing comes into play on this one. Yesterday talking about ripping packs and Jack Dryer is saying had ten diamonds and we shipped it off to be graded. And I know about targeting. Glenn Dale Dave Kate's is desperately seeking status at Burbank Sports Cards and what's the holy grail of ripping packs? The most sought after sporting card in all the world. The last three sold for five point two million, six point million, you got it? P seven point one?
Speaker 3: Happy for card head around here? Who's the ripper around here?
Speaker 7: Nerd?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 2: Johannes Peter Wagner would have been one hundred and fifty two today. His parents German immigrants to Carnegie, Pennsylvania. Hannas was one of nine kids. Nickname was Hans, which is what a lot of his teammates called him during his playing career. He dropped out of school at twelve, and you guessed it to help his father and older brothers in the coal mines. Yes, in the late eighteen hundreds. At twelve, you were expected to be a coal miner in western Pennsylvania. But when they weren't mining coal, he and his brothers played sandlot baseball any free moment. They had good plan as four of them total, Wagner and while three other Wagners would eventually play professional baseball. Interesting, we all get it wrong all the time. According to Wagner's own testimony, his name is not Honus. His name was honis As in a shortened form of Johannas, adopted by his baseball teammates who didn't call him Johanns. They either called him Hans or Hannas. But it has turned into Honus after all these years. His older brother, Butts, had a brief major league career himself persuaded his manager to take a look at his younger brother, who was training to become a barber. Eighteen ninety five tryout landed him on five different teams in three different leagues over his first year of eighty games. The next two years, he was picked up by the Patterson silk Weavers, and then the major leagues came calling. The Louisville Colonels scouted him. They weren't impressed. Wagner was five to eleven weigh two hundred pounds, barrel chested, massive shoulders, heavily muscled arms, huge hands, incredibly bowed legs that supposedly made him seem unathletic and cost him at least two inches of height. That's a serious bowed leg His.
Speaker 3: Manager, that's more disability.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn two inches even with his looks. His manager convinced them to take chance, take a checks on me. They did. All he did was hit three thirty eight and sixty one games. The following year, Wagner was already one of the best hitters in the National League. In eighteen ninety nine, the league contracted the Colonels went away. One of their owners had already perched purchased half ownership in the Pirate. The Pittsburgh team back then took Wagner with him, and what did they get, Well, here's a sports Rider's account, Hannas was the best third baseman in the league. He was also the best first baseman. He was also the best second baseman, the best shortstop, and the best outfielder that was just in fieldy. He was the league's best hitter too, and he was the league's best base runner. When he fielded grounders, his huge hands would collect such large scoops of infield dirt that accompanied his throws to first base, making it appear like there was a tail on the comic. In August of eighteen ninety nine, he became the first player credited with stealing second base, third and home in secession. He would repeat the feed in two seven oh nine. He retired with the National League record for mostels of home twenty seven. How many first set ship.
Speaker 3: It might be kind of like us with ESPN Radio, you know, it's not or like baseball with the NBA. It's not that we are so good, it's that they suck so bad. It might have been that Haness was just that much better than everybody, and everybody was just that terrible, just like Sidonno and just like the NBA. It's not like Major League Baseball is really doing such a great job promoting their product that they've surged ahead of the NBA. It's just the NBA has been so stabbing themselves in the balls with an ice pick over and over.
Speaker 2: He won nine batting championships. They say his nineteen oh eight season, in which he was about to retire but was offered ten grand a return as arguably the greatest hitting season by an individual in the history of the league. He would play until nineteen seventeen, at age forty three. The T two O six it's known as the Honus Wagner Baseball Card, is the rarest and most expensive in baseball because there were only fifty seven copies known to exist, while other players from the T two O six series numbered five hundred two thousands of distribution. For some reason, only about two hundred Wagners were produced. Is why it is so sought after. In a vote by the players in nineteen forty two, Ty Cobb was voted the greatest player ever Honus Wagner forty three votes behind. Cobb was six votes ahead of Babe Ruth as the second greatest baseball player ever.
Speaker 3: Hannes Wagner I used to serve a guy at the restaurant we all did named Honess Toolving.
Speaker 4: He was a coin dealer.
Speaker 2: No really interesting imagine he dabbled in cards as a coin dealer.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I mean these are real that damps cards, I mean real coins. I don't think these guys, you know, those coin guys, they don't like to go over there to the Pikachu side of things, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 4: Here's a fun fact.
Speaker 2: Burbank sports cards used to be Osbourne's coins and collectibles back in the day before they flipped into a baseball card.
Speaker 3: You get deep down in there, there's a Buffalo Nickels somewhere at one point, Magnolia the old shop used to be half.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's an interesting crowd. You don't want to mix that.
Speaker 2: You don't want to mix a.
Speaker 3: Guy with a Bobby Bonilla jersey and a guy dressed like doctor Watson from Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 4: Kind of Confederate quarter. You don't want to a monocle. What's this word?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: The Jamaican News for your live guy. It's news. It's guys.
Speaker 3: One of the original singers eighty two years old today, a man that went by many names, Sidney Crooks aka Sidney Roy aka Luddy Pioneer aka Luddy Crooks aka Brother coland now he's known as Norris Cole either way, one of the more famous Jamaican singers from one of the most famous Jamaican vocal trios nineteen sixties, the Pioneers. Matt celebrated group here on The Pettersen Money Show because of their song long Shot Kick the Bucket, which is our horse racing song of record, because it is a story about a horse that dies in a race, which is something the Petrison Money Show has been infinitely interested in for decades. Born in Westmoreland, which is the country in Jamaica, and moved to Trench Town, Kingston at seventeen at the music scene, working with singing groups like The Spectaculars and the Counts Blah I See, and then as the founding member of the Pioneers along with his brother Derek and instant Hewitt. He got studio time by working at record producer Joe Gibbs shop and selling records. The Pioneers became a hit along with other singing groups of the late sixties in Jamaica like the may Tolls that featured two Timbert and the Whalers that.
Speaker 4: Featured Bob Marlin.
Speaker 3: The Pioneers had a lot of big hits, like like I mentioned, long Shot Kicked the Bucket Sam fie Mann, which is a good one.
Speaker 4: Specials covered long Shot.
Speaker 3: Crooks and his brother also recorded this song as The Slickers Johnny Too Bad, which is on the iconic The Harder They Come soundtrack. This one is also covered by Peter Rowan, Ub Forty, Sublime, Taj Mahal and Jerry Garcia. Not to mention the drummer from Traffic, Oh, how about that? The Pioneers informed who's your drummer?
Speaker 2: That's Traffic.
Speaker 4: He had a solo album. He had a bunch of solo albums.
Speaker 3: The drummer from track Traffic Jim Capaldi, and he covered this in one of them. I believe that one was called short Cut Draw Blood Jim Capaldi Johnny two Bad. The last time this guy, now known as Norris Cole, performed with the Pioneers was nineteen eighty nine. He does his own thing, but is a founding member operates out of the UK since nineteen sixty nine. One of the original Jamaican singers, first known as Sidney Crook's Happy Birthday and That's It for Us, David Massai has got a guy that spent a little time in London last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Chase something foul mouth is what he's got.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure they refined him down there in Middle London, having high tea which Armie irons at the Men's Club.
Speaker 4: You know everything's all right.
Speaker 2: Going away to the top of the mine with Chase, also a former U C l A brun Let's go. Four's up, yea fours us up to.
Speaker 3: Good luck to everybody. We'll be back on tomorrow at three o'clock. Chase something to conap with Dave invest rat Now Bless Friday checked out this conject