Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now. It is Friday, July thirty first, twenty twenty six. Lots to get to today from day backed down to sixty thousand Moroccans swarmed into Spanish territory, and the Nolan Wells autopsy results have finally arrived. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam Moore, Seilane is here, Los Josh is with us, and so are you. You can join us with a dispatch send yours today recorded over at thenewsjunkie dot com or in the app right now. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv Slash the News Junkie. Your mess is rolling right to the studio in real time, and this never ever ever happens. Friends, even let me just check here. I think I got a I might yep confirmed, I have a last minute message that has just arrived before the show. Where did it arrive? That's it's just arrived here from our executive producer, and Wyler.
Speaker 2: Tyler has delivered it to me.
Speaker 1: It says, yeah, finally, it's the last minute message from that kid who made a sandwich gun.
Speaker 2: Let's see what he says. Friday, we did it.
Speaker 1: That's right, We made it through a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday has arrived. Patch yourself on the back. Even Josh is excited. Did you hear that? Yea, that yea? It was full of so much bigger, so much excitement was packed into that thing. Oh boy, it's Friday, everybody. I hope everybody's doing great. We have a huge show for you today, absolutely massive, massive, in all caps, and we're gonna start getting into this. We've got an interview I think coming up. Good, exclusive, worldwide, global, exclusive interview. Let's just get started. Let's do what we always do. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse list, see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to women's golf. Everybody, Yes, that's what we knew it was gonna happen. You knew we were gonna do it. Pig into sports, real big into women's golf.
Speaker 3: I got a lot to do today. Next up women's professional. I'm good, We're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, just just bear with me.
Speaker 1: There is a golfer, a women's golfer named Charlie. Charlie uh that's popping off as a girl's name these days, I think Charlie Hull. And she was telling a story at the LPGA event, and she thought it was the funniest thing in the world. And I think a lot of people like me were watching and going, you know what, I don't think this is funny. I don't think this is funny anymore. Here's her story. You can pick a side if you like. You can pick the golfer side or the guy she decided to pull a prank on her caddy, all right, the guy who like drags around the clubs and does the grunt work and whatnot.
Speaker 2: You pick aside the golfer the caddy. Here we go.
Speaker 4: It's good because I love playing for money. I'm not gonna lie like That's why I think I play so well in the.
Speaker 1: Majors, because even if.
Speaker 4: I'm quite a lot behind, I'm like, come and ads this and make loads of bed today, extra dollars from me and him together, all right.
Speaker 1: So I had no idea what she said there, but something along the lines of she loves playing for money. Yes, she loves making a bunch of money. She love getting rich off of the LPGA and women's golf, all right. Actually, talking of money to say. I was in the air.
Speaker 4: I went to a pank prank shopping Blackpool last night, and I've got some scratch cards. So we're go into the players lounge this morning and I was like, oh, I've got some scratch cards from the shop.
Speaker 1: He was like, oh yeah, I thought.
Speaker 4: This one was like one hundred thousand dollars, and we've got it all on record. He's like scratching it, scratching it, scratching. It's like, oh my gosh, of one. He's taken off. He's taking his bathes off. He's literally running around the players and saying, of one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: All right, let me translate.
Speaker 1: This lady is saying that she bought her caddie a fake lottery ticket and made him think he won one hundred thousand dollars. And he's he's running around, he's celebrating, he's enjoying himself, and she's you know, by the way, this is kind of slightly mildly funny when you and your poor friend do it to each other. When a rich person does it to a poor person, it's not funny. Okay, there's nothing funny about Like, imagine Elon Musk bought every employee of Twitter a fake lottery winning ticket, like right after he took over, right that point too. It's hilarious, isn't it hilarious? The poor people thought they had a chance for a second, Like, there's no there's no hilarity in a rich person like an Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: Come from it? Why are we just meeting him now? Hopefully it sticks around, But I gotta remember how I did that.
Speaker 2: She thinks it's funny.
Speaker 1: I'm saying it's not funny when a rich person does that to a person who's not nearly as wealthy as they are. Taking stay off.
Speaker 4: His face looks so happy, he was sweating, he was trembling. He couldn't believe his luck. And then we have to tend his fake can he nearly quit the job? I wonder why I got it all on camera, To be fair, I try and find it and I'll send it to somebody. But it is just absolutely hilarious. Like I don't know if you guys can see, this is his reaction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she's like holding up the phone as she recorded him. Yeah, this was you.
Speaker 3: And when he thought he went face on camera when he thought he was winning one hundred grim.
Speaker 1: Bro, you can't do this. You get like imagine doing this, Like if I Heart Brass came around and did this to like rank and file employees at the company. That's not how the prank works. The prank is to be done on one purple one poor person by another one, like if your if your family is poor, you could give one to your mom for Christmas. It's still messed up poor on poor crime exactly, Josh, this is poor on poor crime. That's what it's made for the moment somebody who's like wealthy gets involved in it. It seems me the iron Heart prank could be so much less too, Like you could just tell us there was free food and then and then pull that rug from under us and we'd be like, oh, go out into the lunch room.
Speaker 3: Said that there was a free Mexican it said guaranteed Cuman what happened?
Speaker 1: No, no, no no.
Speaker 2: So she's showing everything action when.
Speaker 4: He for you want one hundred thousand pounds, and it was just hilarious.
Speaker 2: I think like, oh, I'm gonna stop because I think he curses.
Speaker 1: I think he's like, holy f I want I'm so happ My wife's gonna be better now and then right back down to earth. When your boss tells you, now, I was just pranking you, you didn't.
Speaker 2: I think. I think that's right.
Speaker 1: I think it's wrong when a boss does it to an employee. I think when a wealthy person does it to a poor person, the fake lottery ticket prank is wrong.
Speaker 2: It's not very nice.
Speaker 1: He says. Professional caddies are poor. They're paid very well. I don't know what an LPGA caddy averages, but you guys, can you can you look that up for me. I'm guessing an LPGA caddy is not an incredibly wealthy individual, all right.
Speaker 2: I think they probably do okay.
Speaker 1: But there's a reason why he was so excited about one hundred thousand dollars because one hundred thousand dollars to him is a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot. I earn a.
Speaker 3: Weekly based salary of twelve hundred and twenty two hundred dollars, plus a standard commission of ten percent for a tournament win, seven percent for a top ten finish, and five percent for other finishes inside the cut line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not. They're not wealthy.
Speaker 6: They're not unless you're like the best golfer's caddy. You're doing pretty well.
Speaker 2: Unless your lady Tiger Woods caddy?
Speaker 1: Which Woods?
Speaker 2: Does anybody know?
Speaker 1: Anybody know who the greatest female golfer in the world is that?
Speaker 2: Like that person? Whoever?
Speaker 7: That is?
Speaker 2: Paige Sparenact lady.
Speaker 1: I only know the one that's famous for just being like half dressed all the time, the Paige Sparin Act. And she don't even think she's a professional golfer. I think she's I don't know, but this lady, I think is wrong.
Speaker 3: I think she just has an only fans in a back of clubs. That's it.
Speaker 1: You don't know what I'm talking about. I've never heard of the page Speirinact lady. No google it. Google what I'm so, she's something? I know she said something? Yeah what is she? She's three years old? Yeah, okay, former professional golfer. So I didn't have it totally wrong. But she is always in like the New York Post and stuff with like a female golf stories. So that's the only name I note related to this at all. But anyhow, I don't want to diverge from the topic too much. It's mean, it's mean, and it's wrong, and you shouldn't be doing this stuff. Okay, don't prank people who are poorer than you with a fake lottery winning ticket. Okay, just do it, does.
Speaker 3: And buy the people that are poorer than you real lottery tickets that take like twenty minutes to scratch off and none of them work.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something that's ten thousand times nicer is it not to buy somebody a real lottery ticket? Is at least a potentiality that they could scratch that sucks? Say, and there's a chance as they's a little bit of a chance, a little, tiny, baby, tiny, little little chance, but there's still a chance. Nonetheless, Okay, we won. They backed down. We were successful. Everybody our pressure campaign worked against the National Football News.
Speaker 2: I knew we could do it. We did it.
Speaker 1: I got this this morning from our friend Marky, who we talked to about what was happening with this crunch on all of the all of the bars around the country and restaurants that put on the NFL games, And they were gonna have to pay thirty forty fifty thousand dollars to retro fit their restaurants with equipment to be able to show the games that people wanted before the football season, and after the pressure mounted, there was a buckling. And now we have a story that says DirectTV and ever pass have striked a distribution and expanded partnership deal around the NFL Sunday ticket striked, struck, strick again. Strike Yeah, DirecTV and ever Pass have a new multi year deal that will keep DirecTV for business distributing NFL Sunday tickets to bars, restaurants, hotels, casinos, and other commercial establishments in the United States of America. DirecTV had went on the offensive negotiations. Ever Pass had responded by saying it will no longer distribute their out of market package to bars and restaurants via satellite. It was going to force everybody, including three hundred thousand plus commercial locations, to buy all this equipment, to pay an outrageous sum of money to be able to show football games to you the fan.
Speaker 2: And finally they have made a deal. They have caved.
Speaker 1: They have succumbed to the pressure campaign and your local bar is not going to take that hit, which is good news and I'm happy about that today. For God's sake.
Speaker 3: One of the things that was super confusing to me, I know, I got at least understood a little bit why they would want the bars to get better internet if they were streaming all the games. Yeah, you need more bandwidth.
Speaker 1: I got the hum.
Speaker 3: But the boxes, They're like, you need to spend this many thousand dollars on a box for each of your TVs, for your distribution network or whatever. We need these, And I'm like, everything else streaming is an app? Yeah, how do they not have just an app for this?
Speaker 2: For Chrome casts, for firesticks?
Speaker 1: But whatever? Yeah, why would it not just be an app?
Speaker 3: And then you can go, all right, we got the app, We're done with you know, all the TV's run the app up and then they could it be because selin maybe they would be afraid that somebody would reverse engineer.
Speaker 1: Possibly, but the reverse engineer of the box too. Okay, can we reverse engineer direct TV? Can we do that? We used to be able to do that. We used to have those cards and stuff.
Speaker 3: The only the only silver lining to what they were offering, and this insane amount of money that they were charging for this was I do remember being opening day NFL at I think you mentioned it.
Speaker 1: We were talking about it.
Speaker 3: Tom's watchbar, had you know which they have just an insane amount of TVs, big ones, small ones, some as big as your head, so the way bigger than your head, Josh. And but it was a rainy day and the direct TV went goodbye. It started storming, and all of the football games just turned off. At least if you're streaming it. As long as your internet stays up, you're not losing those games.
Speaker 1: You know, which there's there's the worst thing that happens when you have direct TV and the weather interrupts. It's like when it starts to become all digitized and frames are freezing, like you know, the wide receiver starts turning into blocks of you know, code and stuff, and then and then finally you get that that little I don't know if they still do it, but the direct TV sign used to have the like the DVD icon style thing. Yes, Like you start staring at that for hours on end waiting for it to all and then the whole bar.
Speaker 3: Just goes oh well yeah, everybody gets real angry.
Speaker 1: But the good news is this is going to be great for all these bars out there that we're about to get squeezed. I know a lot of places we're worried about this, whether you know about it or not.
Speaker 2: That's why we wanted to give some attention to it.
Speaker 1: We won. They back down, they made a deal, they cracked. We beat them. Take that, NFL all right, take that. We win this round. That's one for us, five six hundred eighty six for your side. So we'll see what else happens here on the show today. See Lane is barely with us, just just barely. Almost died last night. I'm fine, almost died last night. By the way, Josh, how are you feeling? Just out of curiosity. I'm good because I have a little tickle in the back of my throat. And if celane, if ce Lane spread whatever he's been fighting off for the past several days, not only to his wife, but to me as well. And my weekend that I've been waiting so long for is somehow ruined by this.
Speaker 3: I'm going to lose my mind, So I will. I will think the fact that Josh feels great. He was closer to me last night than you were. And in general, you're stronger. He's stronger than you. He's younger and stronger. Yeah, he's been going to the gym. Is immune system. It's tougher.
Speaker 1: There's there's a lot of advantages he has over me, so this thing could take me out anyhow. See, Lane almost died last night. What was it that took you down? What was it?
Speaker 3: I was taking out the recycling, and then when I was coming back in the garage, I tripped on something.
Speaker 2: Don't even know what it was.
Speaker 3: No, there's a lot of there's a lot of crap in my garage, right, Yeah, it's it's rate my mess worthy. Oh god, especially right now. Won And no, I very much lost. I tripped and fell on my knees. So I have like weird, weirdly large bandages on both my knees right now. Oh no, I look ridiculous and I feel even dumber.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I just kind of sat there for like the most pregnant of ten seconds and just like, h what the hell?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I called for help?
Speaker 1: Did you do it? Like a help? I was falling and I can't get up. Man, No, my wife didn't hear the damn thing. No, No, because I think she would. You think she would have let you die in that garage.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I think maybe after a while she would have out come out and been like, been a while, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Here been several days you mean it? Do you mean a while, like a couple of days, or do you mean like the lady on the Titanic kind of for a while?
Speaker 3: You know, like maybe fifteen minutes at least. I would hope fifteen minutes, you know. If it was any longer, I would I would be concerned. So your knees are all knocked up, you got bandages on.
Speaker 1: Your scuffed up good god? All right, well look ridiculous, you do. Yeah, I mean, that's that's kind of par for the course. But to stay with the golf puns, we'll take quick break. When we come back, we'll get to your emails that were going to fire. You need to be catty about this. Uh ooh, nice, that's it. We'll stop. We're stopping it right there. Balls oh all the rest are filthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we'll talk about these videos that are just all over social media of sixty thousand people swarming into this Spanish territory. And I have for you the thing that nobody else either knows or can figure out or whatever in the news, the reason why this all happened. Everybody misses the boat on this I'll tell you the actual reason why.
Speaker 2: I'll explain it to you.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen these insane videos, good time for you to pop over to YouTube dot com slash the News Junkie. We'll be back with that and so much more on a fun Friday show that is coming up next on The News Junkie. I don't know how many of you have seen these videos out of this. It's a Spanish territory. It's pronounced Souta in case you see it somewhere, but it's a CEU and the videos have just taken over social media, especially my feed. Last night. I was like, wow, this is everywhere right now because thousands and thousands, they said, sixty thousand plus people from Morocco, almost all of them young dudes, right like, young men from Morocco just started in this massive line making their way into this area called Pseudo Suda. And I'll explain a little bit more about what happened, but for those of you who are watching with us today on YouTube, I'll bring up a couple of videos. I'll explain it for you listening, just so you know what's going on. But the lines of people sixty thousand deep, it's just so crazy, you got to see this. Those are people along the coast of this Suda territory.
Speaker 2: Well, they're in Morocco right now.
Speaker 1: Before they get over to the fence, they go into the ocean and around this big border fence.
Speaker 2: Very secure, very very secure.
Speaker 1: Josh. We'll talk about that in a moment, because that's one of the big problems that people don't seem to understand about this. But there's a huge, huge, endless line of these young men flooding into this country.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: Where is it? Let me show you just a bit of this here. It's between Spain and North Africa. North Africa is down here, Spain is here, and people are like, well, hold on, how is there's a part of Spain in Africa. Well, there used to be a place called the Strait of Gibraltar where you could cross between those two continents. You could go from Spain into Africa. It's not really passable, or most of the time you can't get from one place to another now from but they're very close. The Straight of Gibraltar is right there. And there's this small territory on the top of Africa that is known as Suda, and it's Spanish territory. So right across from Spain and the Strait of Gibraltar, and it is in the north, the central North Africa is where this little connection is, and that little area, I think there's like eighty thousand people that live there or something somewhere around that. Like eighty thousand people live there and sixty thousand Moroccans came into the area. And some of the footage is just crazy to see. I mean, just piles of people crawling on people. It's like a zombie movie.
Speaker 6: And it's like a worldward Ze where they climb out on top of each other to build like towers of zombies.
Speaker 1: I've seen that comparison. Yeah, a lot of World War Ze. All look at it's all men, all young dudes, sixty thousand of them. I'm Spanish.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: It's kind of bizarre because as they make their way into the Spanish territory, it's almost like they've just finished a four K or something like, yeah, I did it, you know, I made it in here again. I'll tell you what's really happening here at a moment. But all these guys, not a woman in sight, save for there was I think there was one. Yeah, there was one woman who was at the bridge right inside the city that they were going to, like waving them in. There's one mom like cann in all the reds ah god shirtless men endlessly and one vendos buzz. One woman filming with her phone like yeah, come on in. I don't know what her role in all of this is, but she was out there waving them on by, and the coverage was just absolutely explosive. Here's a sample.
Speaker 8: WOLD video here, chaos at the border of Spain's North African enclive in Morocco.
Speaker 1: This is a city called Suta.
Speaker 8: You're watching as thousands of migrants break through the fence and completely overwhelm the border police.
Speaker 2: Their graphic is wrong.
Speaker 1: In case you're paying attention, migrant storm border of northern Spain. This is definitely not northern Spain, the southern portion of Spain that's actually not even connected to Spain.
Speaker 8: Video showing huge groups of people, mostly young military guys, cramming into inflatable tubes or arriving on shore another way, some of them waiting in the water as they break through the gates. Crazy the other side, Sandra, this is reminiscent of kind of what we saw during the Open border during the Biden administration through twenty twenty one to twenty two, they were going to make that somewhere what we saw on Del Reel back in twenty twenty one. I don't think the Mexicans ever stormed the Rio Grand like this.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there was ever numbers like sixty thousand at once. No, No, it's very reminiscent of it. I mean, the first thing I thought of was Biden. There were a lot. Okay, I'm not gonna say there weren't a lot. There were a lot. But this looks like some sort of international competition that mister Beast is running. Right. This looks like mister Beaste says, if you cross over into Spanish territory, the first one that touches the statue in the center square is going to get a million dollars. That's what this looks like when I'm watching this. But they all start flooding into the the country and people are going, well, why is this happening?
Speaker 2: What's going on here? There are three reasons and.
Speaker 1: Most of the news outlets completely miss all this.
Speaker 2: They don't understand what's going on.
Speaker 1: Three reasons why sixty thousand Moroccan dudes just went around the fence and invaded this area that's Spanish territory. The first reason is there was a ruling in a court, the Supreme Court, I believe, of Spain, and the ruling said that if immigrants made their way to their country by water, they wouldn't be immediately expelled. All right. That was the ruling, all right. So the Spanish Supreme court said if immigrants enter Spain or Spanish territory via water, they wouldn't be immediately expelled, right.
Speaker 2: So that was the first thing that happened. Then Morocco.
Speaker 1: You got to remember Morocco's involved in this because these are all Moroccan people. Why are all these people running, why are they going across the border? Well, Morocco wants this land. Morocco's like, this is our territory, this is af this isn't Spain, this is Morocco. Here are So they've done this multiple times, but the Moroccans said, pull all of the guards. Do you notice there are no guards, no soldiers, Yeah, just one woman waving them in. There's the Moroccans. Because they want to take this territory from Spain. They've done this before. They pull their guards and all the guards are removed. And then the third thing that happen is almost completely to blame social media, social media, TikTok, Facebook, they start posting on all of these platforms. There were Google groups and Facebook groups and TikTok accounts. There's there's some of these groups that have hundreds of thousands of followers, and many of them have been taken down after this, but they coordinated this on social media platforms.
Speaker 2: Then people were making more.
Speaker 1: TikTok videos and they were swarming into this country because they were promised all sorts of stuff, like essentially they were promised you got a free pass, you're gonna make your way in, You're gonna get a job, like the social media stories were promising them jobs, money, you know, freedom and Spain, all of these things. So all these things work together with social media with Morocco wanting to take this territory back because they think it's their it's part of their country and their continent and not Spain, and they pull the guards as all this momentum is going from this Spanish court decision. That's what led to the situation that we saw with sixty thousand people crossing him. The other piece that you might not learn is they started turning him around pretty quickly, though there's not a video of that. I think within twenty four hours, twenty five thousand of them had been sent back. They said get out of here. They'd sent them back, not not before they caused a bunch of chaos. They were like invading homes, they were busting into stores, they were trying windows open the people's houses. Like imagine freeing a music festival full of people, like a major music festival full of people, into any city and just saying run wild, right, and then everybody's kind of hyped up by the social media aspects of it. That's what ends up happening in this case. So yeah, it happened right there, and this little little tip of Africa right across from Spain. I don't think people know, Like, what's the famous the famous painting of God touching the finger of man? Is that it? You know what I'm talking about? What is what is that? Da Vinci?
Speaker 2: Who is that? It's like, look that up for me.
Speaker 6: Adam, thank you Josh by michael Angelo.
Speaker 1: Michaelangelo michael Angelo's creation of Adam where they're like touching fingers.
Speaker 2: That's how and a lot of people don't know this.
Speaker 1: Spain touches very very close to the continent of Africa and that's Moroccan territory except for this little tip area which is super rude. And I've seen this before. Morocco got so cucked out of territory. This is the coast of Morocco, and a bunch of the coast of Morocco is actually not even Moroccan territory. All the beach, the beach on one whole side of Morocco.
Speaker 2: This classic.
Speaker 1: Yes, Spain was like, we don't have enough beach our in our country. It seems like you got some beach over there. We're going to take some of your beach. Be real unfortunate if somebody took your beach from you. That's what happened in this case. So give us your thoughts on this. It was wild seeing those videos spread out over social media, which kind of caused it to begin with, We'll see what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, um, let's see here a couple of emails coming in tips at the Newsjunkie dot com and Shelby emails the show.
Speaker 2: Hey Sean I just wanted.
Speaker 1: To thank you and remind you of what you do for your listeners every day. While some people may think this is just a radio show, you see, Lane and Josh help your listeners take our mind off of things. You give us some sense of reality and normalcy, and occasionally make us laugh. My cousin was shot at work this morning. Jesus holy cow. I've attached the news story below, as you are the news junkie. Just trying to navigate the morning in the unknown and so much uncertainty is one thing, but it was very comforting to have you guys to listen to, just like normal. So thank you, says Shelby. Well, God, almighty damn. I mean that sucks. Thoughts with him. I guess he you know, her cousin got shot at work today or whatever. But I'll take a look at that story, let me know if there's anything more to it. And thoughts out to you and your family obviously in the moment. Thank you for the kind words as well. Lewis emails the show he said you said yesterday sixty six percent of gen Z workers slack off at work. Lewis says one hundred percent of people slack off at work, and it's not just a digital thing. I've held many jobs when I was younger, and there were jobs where we had to be there nine to five, but as long as we got the work done, it was all good. I don't know if it was because I was, you ually the youngest person at most jobs, but my mentality was always let's bust out the work quick and get three hours of doing whatever we want. When I worked at Target, every hour we had a certain number of.
Speaker 2: Tacks to do.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it was just one task, he says, so we'd go find a place to nap. Oh, we talked about this before. I think I think I might have talked about this email before. But he's saying they would party hard and work hard over at Target. Here's another one. Shoeless in Syracuse emails tips at the News Junkie dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey, News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Sea Land and Josh caught a lot of the show on a Thursday this week. You were talking about flock sign bases and certain groups are concerned about the proximity to the road. Yes, it's a thing to have a fringible base for safety. I work in the aviation industry, so I'm loosely related. Every sign around the airport has to have a base that can sheer off the problem with these flock cameras is the polls that they're on do not break when somebody crashes into them, so they do pose a danger, actually, says Shoe Lisby and Syric. Thank you for that. We'll get to more of your feedback tips at the news Junkie dot com.
Speaker 2: T I P.
Speaker 1: S at thenewsjunkie dot com. Sorry, I read that yesterday.
Speaker 3: I read I read the thing about the flock cameras that we talked about yesterday, and yeah, I get that there's a there's a certain uh standard of a breakability that has to happen for road signs, for things that are too close to the car.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think what was annoying.
Speaker 3: Me about it was like the the story made it sound like they would cause more crashes, and I'm like, that's just not a thing, you know, unless yeah, unless there's like big mirrors on top of them that are like reflecting some in people's faces, they're not causing crashes. They're just causing more damage if you crash into them, which is a bad thing. But you know, while we're trying to pick every little thing we can hate about the flock cameras. They're really going on the the you know, on the offensive for everything, and this just seems like kind of a fringe thing to be pissed at.
Speaker 1: I think we might be in agreement here, Selan, because where we're at on the flock cameras, I think is everybody got their torches out, and everybody was like, these things are outrageous and it's violating our Fourth Amendment rides, and and there was some like legitimate concerns right off the jump. It kind of turned into the data center thing too, where in the midst of all the legitimate gripes and concerns, then all of a sudden people bring up in the back and this too, And I go, well, I don't know, that doesn't seem like that doesn't seem like it's as big of a deal all our water. Yeah, I get you. Go, well, I don't know that I'm scared of the flock cameras because I'm gonna crash into them and not they're not going to break off, you know. I'm much more worried about people being snooped on when they're not doing anything wrong, and people abusing their power to search all the information, which is a lot that's captured by these flock cameras. And we've already seen the police officers have been caught doing that, so that's what I think the concern is. But people got to spun out of control on and they're just everything flock is bad. All right, we'll see what you think about all this. Sent us your dispatches and when we come back. Excuse me, I apologize. I have a story that I cannot No, it's not yours. I have a story that I cannot put near any sort of possible eating hour, So I'm gonna I'm gonna kick that down the road. I want to tell you something about Spider Man this weekend that's nuts. But uh, there's a TSA story that we have to talk about next, and I may be totally wrong on this. I'm gonna say some things when we come back, and they they may be insane, but we'll see how it goes with this TSA story that's coming next. I'm the news chunkie. This is the dumbest thing I've ever argued with chat about in the history of the show. Legitimately it is I didn't want to bring this up. Did not want to talk about this, but one of the distractions I saw this week. You know, there's all this stuff going on around the world, and I saw an argument online and I thought, this is like such a no brainer to me, but everybody seems to be going the other direction. I blame laziness, but I'll explain. There was a viral question that kicked all of this off. You have two options, all right, and I'll make them as simple and clear cut as I can see. Lane and Josh tell me which are the options you'd take, and I'll tell you if you're right or wrong about this in your answer. Option number one one million dollars. That's it. It's a million dollars in a suitcase. It's tax free. There, it is a million dollars. Here you go. Congratulations, that's option number one. We're clear on that right. Million dollars sound good, briefcase, no taxes. Option number one is a million dollars. Option number two is fifty dollars per pickle for the rest of your life. It is so obvious to me that fifty dollars per pickle for the rest of your life is a better financial decision. In absolutely every way. But everybody just wants the one million dollar piece. Case you get fifty dollars every time you neat a pickle, every pickle you eat for the rest of your life, you every single one. And I know this, like this would matter, age would matter a little bit. Like if I'm ninety five years old, just give me a million dollars, right, But if I get you a million, I have to eat twenty thousand pickles. Correct, Yeah, but all you need to do is eat what one hundred pickles a day?
Speaker 2: Right, one hundred pickles a day. I could eat one hundred pickles.
Speaker 1: To be so swollen from the salt. Yeah, well, I don't know what the health implications are, but the money is endless.
Speaker 3: If you eat fifty five pickles a day for a year, you'll get to a million dollars. But fifty five pickles.
Speaker 1: That's not that bad at all, Yes, it is.
Speaker 6: Why unless you can do like handfuls of gerkins or something like.
Speaker 2: Pickle is a pickle. It doesn't matter what you're like.
Speaker 1: If you want you want to pick one, you want a little one, whatever you want to do, you just have to eat something that would be considered a pickle.
Speaker 3: You would have to eat about three and a half pickles every hour that you're awake.
Speaker 1: That's fine, that's not that bad. Too much your body will shut down.
Speaker 6: Also, I hate to be pedantic here, shallow and pedantic.
Speaker 1: Do it? Do it?
Speaker 6: Sour kraut is technically pickles? Does every individual shred of cabbage count as a singular pickle?
Speaker 1: No? This is great, that's fine, you can do that. But let's just be clear about this. It has to be a pickle shape pickle, right. If it could be a little small one, that's fine, but it just has to be something we would all consider a pickle.
Speaker 2: We would all look at it and go, yep, that's a pick.
Speaker 1: It's got to be a cucumber, is what you're saying. Yes, it has to have derived from a cucumber. It could be small or whatever. That's totally fine, but it has to be a pickle. If you ate three of them an hour, three little pickles an hour, you're a millionaire?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: You have to go the whole year, yes, and then for the rest of your life you can. Once you've got the million dollars, then you could go, how much money do I want to make today? Do I want to make a hundred bucks two pickles? Do I want to make five thousand buck? You know, the possibilities are endless. I don't want to be Dave Ramsey here, but it's quite obvious that you guys are making bad financial decisions when you say I would just take the briefcase with a million dollars and not take the unending well of Scrooge McDuck like pickle money that you would get if you just chose to do a little extra work and eating the pickles every single day.
Speaker 6: This is different from that pushup scenario that we had a month or so ago. This is easy and that Kate well. In the pushup scenario, you get jacked at the same time in this case, your health is going to decline every year you make more pickle money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not true.
Speaker 3: You're gonna spend all your pickle money on blood pressure medication.
Speaker 2: That doesn't have to be true.
Speaker 1: You can have a balanced diet and have that many pickles, and you just have to think about that and work on it a little bit and then offset the amount of like salt or whatever it is you're taking in.
Speaker 2: And I think you could be fine and healthy and then.
Speaker 1: You would have the ability to just earn as much or as little as you want each day, travel the world, eating little pickles, making money every single time.
Speaker 2: This isn't hard, This isn't rocket science.
Speaker 1: So I don't understand why you you guys wouldn't wait, wait, let me ask, Let me ask you flat out, Selane. You take the briefcase with a million dollars or the fifty dollars a pickle for life?
Speaker 3: If I could go gurkins like little tiny pickles, you can.
Speaker 1: I might.
Speaker 3: I might go with the fifty dollars, but the million dollars is really enticing.
Speaker 1: Josh, Do you take the suitcase worth with a million dollars in cash, tax free or the pickles fifty dollars for the rest of your life?
Speaker 6: For each one, I'm taking million dollars cash and shrewdly investing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happens if you take that?
Speaker 1: Your investment goes south and then it implodes and all of your money is gone. And now I'm popping back pickles, and I'm like, oh, Josh, must suck.
Speaker 5: To be you.
Speaker 1: Making money for president down the street and I'll be rich. I'll be rich at what cost? And there's no cost. I'm just making money. I will be This is such a smarter move. I don't want to talk about this. I want to get to the Tsaul walls. Call me what you want, say whatever slur you want. It's the low key, great insult. No, Josh is not the voice of reason, he said. The reason is on the side of picking up a job where eating pickles is your revenue maker. There's no better lot in life than that, like literally, And the only thing people are taking any issue with is because some of you are anti pick lights.
Speaker 2: And that's fine, I get it.
Speaker 1: But if I said, uh, like a skittle, or if I said a shot of tequila, a lot of you people would be changing your minds right now. If I said every shot at the Kili you get fifty bucks, all right, Yeah, what a life to live. I'd do that. That's much more bad for you than the pickle deal. Now, who's this person offering this? I don't know. I don't know, but I think it is a testament to your financial savviness. Classic blastic. It could be. It could be blastic, Big Pickle coming in on this. There's there's been a lot of discussion of this over the week and people get very heated. But I think the answer is just to make that fifty bucks a pop.
Speaker 2: And what I wanted to hear.
Speaker 1: The only reason I brought this up is because medical professionals tell us what the issue would be that would that would arise from this, or could you offset all of the health implications of the pickle side of this deal if you just were smart about the other things that you ate.
Speaker 3: Mike, I think it was Mike and Chat said they already asked Chad GBT about it, and the chat GBT said, you would die in forty five days.
Speaker 1: Not no shot, No, you would die from eating a couple of pickles every day? No couple? How many did he say? Do you? Can you see what he said? I don't know. Forty five days of what a billion pickles? Yeah, I don't want to talk about this anymore. Anyways, you can join us on the show. I'm not wrong, not right. This is a smart decision. It's actually an easy decision. We'll see what you have to say about this. Tips at the news Junkie dot com, Tips t I P s at the Newsjunkie dot com, or send your dispatches. Record those over at the News junkie dot Com. Right now, the TSA story. This is actual important story, not some stupid, stupid question. For God's sake, don you want to talk.
Speaker 2: About this pickle thing eight minutes later.
Speaker 1: In the weekend edition has to be filled with something, Okay, pickle banter. Pickle banter work. Sometimes people they're at home right now, they're going now, I'll tell you what they My decision is, they're doing that right now. Okay. I have a quick question, and this may make me sound very stupid, but I'm still gonna ask. Let me bring up this story in front of me. Do we have time or should I wait until after the break to do this?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: How long is it going to take you? You're teasing that you have a lot of serious crazy takes about this.
Speaker 1: I made the pickle thing last eight minutes, so I don't see this going by that fact exactly.
Speaker 2: Let's take a very quick break, rapid fast break.
Speaker 1: Right when we come back, I'll tell you something that the TSA find A found that made me. I don't know. I have a lot of questions and I don't know if I'm the crazy one here, but I'm going to ask those to everybody.
Speaker 2: We'll use all of our brains together.
Speaker 1: We have the info coming in about Nolan Wells and his autopsy and that big mystery. We have a whole bunch more to get to the Spider Man story that's going to be massive at the box office this weekend. All of that is coming up next on The News Junkie.
Speaker 2: This may be stupid. I don't want to be stupid.
Speaker 1: I try to sound informed and I usually know what I'm talking about on this show. But this is territory. That's new territory for me. The TSA posted this story about something that they found and everybody freaked out when they found it, and I was, like, I said, if I was in that room and they discovered this when I was there, I wouldn't be freaked out. And I can't tell if they're dumb or if I'm dumb. Somebody's dumb, right, somebody is dumb. Here's the story. Airport security officers in Alabama recently found something a lot older than your average seized items. They found five Civil War era cannonballs packed in a checked suitcase. So TSA officials at the Gulf Shores International Airport say a routine luggage scan revealed two grapefruit sized balls and three smaller rusted spheres so dense the machine couldn't even see through them, prompting fears they might still be live.
Speaker 2: And somebody says, my first thought was I.
Speaker 1: Couldn't see a fuse, and I needed to get some help really quick, said the TSA officer, justin Dupree. I couldn't see the entire item, but I was scared I might be holding a live explosive. And so they started looking at these and they go, holy cow, look we found these Civil War era cannonballs. And they were panicking. They're running around like something's going to blow up. This is a catastrophe. Am I crazy? Isn't a cannonball just a ball? Yeah? I thought so, it's like cast iron. I think, like, it wasn't a Civil War cannonball literally just like a ball. And then you you utilized explosives like gunpowder to fire the ball out of a cannon at say another ship or something to destroy things. But like a cannon ball doesn't blow up.
Speaker 6: Right, No, it's it's pure destructive power. Is the force behind it?
Speaker 1: Yes, well, said Josh, That's what I thought. I was like, these people are running all over the place and freaking out because they think that they're in danger. And I said, maybe I'm the stupid one here, but I don't believe that a cannonball is an explosive thing. I think it's just a projectile more than anything. They say it was the most unique find of the TSA officer's career. But everybody was panicking and freaking out as they found this at this airport.
Speaker 3: Like having a bag of BB's, you know, but no BB gun, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like less dangerous by far than a bullet. A bullet still has an inherent danger to it, right, but it is an explosive, a small explosive like a cannonball. Seeings cannon is not what I would consider to be a dangerous thing.
Speaker 6: Apparently there were some somewhere along the line that were hollow and they would fill them with gunpowder and put a fuse in.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, So it depends historically at what point on it is where whether it's going to be an explosive or not. It was more dangerous at some point, I guess the Civil War era cannonballs were found in this check luggage. They just look like I don't know, honest, it was like a meatball. It looks like I'm looking at a giant meatball here.
Speaker 3: Of all the Civil War era artifacts you could have, the cannonball does seem to be the most boring. Is basically just a big metal paper weight and like, and these were stolen?
Speaker 2: Did it say where they were stolen from?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 2: Did it say they were stolen?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it's in the headline, Yeah, yeah, so it said. After determining there were no explosive threat, the deputies question a woman and a boy traveling with her. They surrendered the items and continued on to Oklahoma City without charges. Investigators later linked the relics to nearby Fort Morgan, and the munitions have since been returned there. The boys stole the cannon balls from the fort and put him in his grandma's bag. The Associated Press reports. The woman said she didn't know they were stolen, and authorities at the site, which is operated by the Alabama Historical Commission, declined to press charges. They should have put him in jail for stealing these damn things. Why is it so easy to steal a Civil War cannonbal? Maybe there's just piles of them like all over. Yeah, I've heard of people trying to steal the skulls from the catacombs, you know, like people will go to these historic sites and steal stuff. There was a guy on four Chan who I think one time had a stolen skull from the catacombs, and then he asked everybody on the website what he should do with it, and they proceeded to tell him to do exactly what you're thinking they would tell him to do with it. And well, yeah, she was so five seconds to to get to that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm considering the source here.
Speaker 1: There's a fortune. Yeah, people are animals. Although I do like how the grandma was like, I didn't know they were stolen. Grandma, he put a massive cannonball in your bag and he's like, put it in your purse, put it in your perse, And you didn't think for a moment that that might not be your your grandsons or your sons or whatever. I don't know what's happening here, but there, I wouldn't have been scared of this. Maybe you would have let us know, you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewschunki dot com. The movie that's not just going to be big, but going to be massive this weekend some of the numbers I'm hearing about Spider Man are so crazy.
Speaker 2: I had to have Courtney check.
Speaker 1: I said, Cordy, fire up your phone and start looking at Fandango and the different theaters around us and see if Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Really is going to be this big at the box office this weekend.
Speaker 1: They're saying it could do three hundred and seventy five million dollars at the box office this weekend. See, like, look what the record is. What's what's the total? What the first weekend total record? It's got to be close to that, because there's some idea that maybe it could break that. Even for an opening three hundred and seventy five million dollars, the New Spider Man movie might make. Yeah, that's that's big.
Speaker 3: Avengers Endgame has the top opening weekend domestic UH for three hundred and fifty seven point one million, so it could be the biggest movie opening weekend in the United States of all time. Man Avengers Endgame did one point two billion worldwide in its first weekend.
Speaker 1: I owed one weekend. Yes, holy cow. Yeah, And there they're saying that Spider Man could do those kind of numbers. The New Spider Man movie is on track to be that big of a runaway hit at the box office. Why this one?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's been a handful of these Spider Man Spider Man movies. Now, why why is this one the one that everybody's going crazy over?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I know, so maybe somebody saw this and they'll give us a heads up with a dispatcher anymore.
Speaker 3: Friend of mine already posted on Facebook this morning, He's like, I saw Spider Man last night and it's the best Spider Man movie of all time?
Speaker 1: Did he say? Why? Is it like more exciting? Is there like a surprise in it? Do we get like a new face off with a villain? There's got to be something there.
Speaker 6: I think it's been five years since the last one, so as it generates some interest.
Speaker 1: Plus people are liking that. What's the actor's name again, Tom Holland, Tom Holland. People are liking Tom Holland right now. Fingers for him.
Speaker 2: I know the scene was.
Speaker 1: Mark Ruffalo in the other ones. He's in the Avengers movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but he's he's in this one.
Speaker 3: I should at least say, because a lot of people came at me earlier in the week. He's on the IMDb page for it. Okay, because people came at me. They're like, uh, May died in the last one. They killed off Aunt May in the last one. I'm like, she's on the IMDb page. So maybe there's gonna be some flashbacks. Yeah, like they did with the old Uncle Ben back in the day. Did the spider fans come after you? You got like a Spider Man whiplash?
Speaker 1: Yeah, caught up in their web. I don't want to get caught up in that web, but I do want to tell you it looks like it's going to be a massive sensation this weekend. For those of you who have seen it. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewschunkie dot com. All right, let's see here a couple of people who are chiming in on the show. I don't want to talk about the pickle thing I did. There's so many dispatches about the pickle thing. I do not want to talk about that. Let's try something else first. Here's laying down the law talking about the cannonball. Good morning News junkies are happy.
Speaker 2: Aloha Friday, you too, Saturday Sunday.
Speaker 9: I know about cannonballs from watching Bugs Bunny cartoons, and if you've watched those, you would know there.
Speaker 1: Is a fuse that you can light and then it goes kubboom.
Speaker 9: So I don't blame that guy at all at tsay for being a little freaked out and cautious, especially if you noticed a Weskley webbon hanging around.
Speaker 1: Wiggle pop pop, Okay, alright, thank you, all right, she's she's not wrong. Actually she's not wrong what she's saying. You do remember from the cartoons, like the bomb would have a bomb, yeah, not a cannon ball. Cannonball you just stuff in there. And then you know that's why you can have a human cannon ball, because you could put like some guy in there and fire him off at a net or something. It is the same kind of thing. But you knew that. Here is uh, here's daddy two times with a dispatch.
Speaker 10: Man getting paid to eat something you love sounds awesome, and I love me some pickles. However, I don't love all the sodiums that comes with them, because with that comes and increase chance of heart disease, heart attack, all that kind of stuff. So uh, I got to find another way to get the money and avoid death. By pickle suit.
Speaker 1: Death by pickle sounds so horrific. This was By the way, if you're just tuning in, I apologize. I did not want this to continue. This was the viral question of the week. Would you rather have a million dollars instantly in a briefcase or you get paid fifty dollars for every pickle you eat for the rest of your life? And all I said, which I don't think is controversial at all, was that I think the fifty dollars per pickle option is a smarter financial decision because you can make if you have a lot of life left, you can make a much more significant amount of money.
Speaker 2: It's an endless well you can.
Speaker 1: You can have so much money that you could have like a professional doctor, like monitoring your levels to make sure that you're healthy through the process and whatnot. So I don't want to get suck on that, but there you are. Here's another one on the same topic. Here's chaos.
Speaker 11: All right, Sean, You're completely wrong on this.
Speaker 9: Okay, why stupid I would even say retarded their pickles a day is like seventy to one hundred and twenty thousand milligrams of sodium a day.
Speaker 5: Which they're recommended.
Speaker 9: About for humans at max is one hundred and or twelve hundred a day. Not only are you dumb for doing that, you're better off putting that one million dollars into the S and P five hundred good luck for the rest of your life because with this pickle thing, you're living at max a day, so you're not really making that much money. And don't don't you stay ramsy? Okay, Caleb Hammer is ten times better and your highest rate.
Speaker 1: It This is your focus financial people, wiggle wiggle pot pop, that's your focus on all of this. I stand by what I said. I stand by everything that I said, and I don't want to talk about this anymore. I want to move on. We've got millions. How many pickles? I want to Kalo Pammer? Is his voice that high? You're spending how much on door Dash with your pickle money? He's always yelling at some woman with a nose ring and bad financials. That's what I know of Caleb Hammer is always like, wait what door Dash is always involved? I got I think even he would support this though, all right, I think even he would support this idea. It's just endless sources of money versus limited sources of money. And I'm surprised Seling doesn't come along for the ride because he's the one who would take the option in the lottery of having a payment for the rest of your life, because that's nice stability.
Speaker 2: That's there's nothing wrong with them, all right.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot of people talking about Spider Man, various different things. Whatever you saw this week that stood out the most that you want to hear us talk about is fine tips at Thenews Junkie dot Commerce sent a dispatch on the website right now quick break. When we come back, we've got I still have to take that. There's one story that I have to and I gotta push down. It's interesting, but I got to push it on down so we can so we can keep some distance between it and the food that you might be eating.
Speaker 2: I will not spring that on you.
Speaker 1: Also a docu series that people are gonna be watching this week and some thoughts on that. The Nolan Wells autopsy, and when we come back, the worst weight loss plan I've ever heard in my life has just dropped. Do not attempt this at all costs. Please stay away from this. And you need to know what it's all about, because that is coming up next on the news Junkie. Now, I don't know if anybody's watched this new Netflix series, the docu series A lot of people will watch this weekend. I'm sure it's called The Idaho Murderers College Nightmare, and it's about Brian Koberger. Who is this guy who killed these three young women and this young man. They were all twenty twenty one years old, and they were in the prime of their life, living up college life, doing their thing, and they came back after being at the club all night and he pops up into their place.
Speaker 2: It's a three story place.
Speaker 1: They were all sharing a party house, and he goes systematically from room to room and he kills four people. Now, the word is that Brian Koberger committed this these murders because he was really introduced in like criminal psychology. He was really interested in criminal psychology. He was taking a college course on it at that time. He was a psychopath, was writing online about how he had no feelings and he sort of wanted to be infamous like these people he was obsessing over who were serial killers, So he killed these four people. Here's the question I have, right now that I've got that whole setup out of the way, one of the stories that I saw made me think there's more to all of this. An expert examined his phone and his hard drive and they found that after Brian Coberger committed these murders at four to twenty am, remember this, four to twenty in the morning, he commits these murders, he calls his mother at six seventeen AM and talks for thirty six minutes on the phone. Then he calls his mother again at eight am, and then he calls his mother later on that afternoon at five point fifty three pm. In total, he spent more than three hours on the phone with his mother that day. Knowing just that tidbit, isn't it kind of obvious that, like he was confessing to his mother and his parents what he had done afterwards, But like, who calls your mom at six what six thirteen, six seventeen in the morning, that's abnormal behavior. Talking to your mother for an hour and three hours in a day like that. There's no way that the parents weren't informed about what he was doing after that. I know, Cilan, you talk to your mom quite often. You're not spending it three hours on the phone with him, all run out of stuff to talk about very quickly. Unless you were talking about a murder, you just committed then even if right like somebody said, my husband is always on the phone, or I forgot what they said, someone like that a family member is always on the phone with their mother, and that their husband spends like an hour and a half every day on the phone with their mother, Like that's bizarre, that's that's not a normal thing to be talking to your parent when you're a grown adult for that long per day. That says to me, Like so many of these other situations, the child confessed to the parents and the parents were involved in the cover up. There are other examples of this happening. Remember the Gabby Patitos. Then, yeah, Gabby Patito goes missing. Brian Laundry killed her with his bare hands and then threw her body out, and then went back and confessed to his parents, and his parents tried to cover up for him. His parents tried to keep him safe in the house. His parents, you know, in some way were aware of what he had done and actively involved in helping him in ways to avoid any kind of punishment for this what was if you could find this real quick, there was just a case where they sentence a parent where their child committed I think maybe a school shooting too, Like the parents are getting involved in these things or afterwards the people are calling and telling their parents the story as I recall it, that the father just got sentenced for the mother got sentenced for I'm not sure which one.
Speaker 3: Father Colin Gray, the father of Georgia school shooter, sentenced to fifteen years in prison.
Speaker 1: Okay, And from what I heard, there was jailhouse phone calls where the mom was talking in the sunset after the school shooting. He said, have you set up a shrine for me at the house yet? And they were like they were talking about and like laughing about the school shooting that had taken place. The parents like how crazy is are getting involved in the cover up of this? And so I asked you.
Speaker 2: Have you a question.
Speaker 1: I know we've talked about this previous on the show at some point in time, but if your kid came to you it's sick something in the morning, and your kid goes, I just killed a couple of people, is your instinct going to be Okay, that's already done. Nothing I can do about it. Let me try to help them and let me try to keep them out of prison for the rest of their life. Or is your instinct you have done a terribly the wrong thing. You have committed a crime, You have murdered these people, and you need to go turn yourself in right now. Because that those are very different options. Like if Dylan called me and was like, I just murdered four people, I would be like, you need to turn yourself into the police. I'm sorry. I just think that's what the that's the right thing morally to do in that moment. But these people, these parents aren't doing this, and it seems really clear, like there's no way you talked just a couple hours after you massacred for people with your mother and you're not discussing that. It's no way, no way. You don't call your mom at six something in the morning. Nobody does that. And if you do, your talking her for thirty six minutes, you have three hours of phone conversations over the course of that day. It's very very strange behavior, Cosidia says, depends on what kid over on. Chad Angie says, I'm calling the police like I wouldn't want to. I wouldn't want to deser blood. You know, this is your child. I wouldn't want to turn my child in. But when you start getting involved in it, you're now a criminal too. And the parents should be arrested and the parents should be roped into this and the father got how long did you say, twelve years or something? Fifteen fifteen years? Yeah, I mean I think they should. I can't imagine. I don't want to put that on you see them, But if you could have, like down the road, if Jackson calls you and it's like I just killed some people, there's only two choices. You help them cover it up or you turn them in. I'm not helping them cover it up. You help Jackson bury body? No, Yeah, Jackson's going to demand it. He's going to demand it. Like, but some parents are actually doing this and that is just razy to me. And they'll pitch it as if they're doing something because they love their kid. They're like, this is my son and he called me in a time of need, and you know, through good or bad, I need to stand up for this person. And if my wife tried to help Jackson cover it up or even entertain the idea of not calling the police. I would say, I want you to think very clearly about every time young Jackson picked up that effing ballpit and dumped every single ball all over the floor for us to pick up that you call nine to one one right now.
Speaker 2: Time to turn them in.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I hate to say it, but that's that's the right thing as far as I can tell to do in that moment. But it's not always the case that that's what people are doing. Let us know what you would do and h or maybe you've even had to make some tough decisions like this. Go over to the website, record your reaction as what we call a dispatch that at the Newsjunkie dot com, or email if you want to be anonymous, put that right up on top to your email, which is tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot Com. E Freshrock says, well, who did they kill? I mean that that that does matter. I'm not gonna say it doesn't. Yeah, Like if there was somebody who was torturing my son for his whole life and it was a monster and who I hated, and he's like I finally snapped and killed him, that would be different. That would be far different than if he came to me and said I murdered four random people because I wanted to get the thrill of it. And I'd be like, no, you're a monster. You have to go to jail. And sometimes the kids would be like, then you would help him cover it up. I would not help him cover it up. No, but I would not call the police in that case. If it was like if it was if there was a reason and a motivation that made sense to me. But if it was random and it was it was like that, or if it was like the bra the Brian laundry thing where he says, I've just got in a fight with her and I choked her out and I killed her on a I don't care. That's the That person didn't have that coming. It would have to be something where I could convince myself like, yeah, this person deserved whatever the outcome was. Okay. They also, uh, stay away from this. I cannot believe that anybody's doing this. In fact, I hope they're not. But this is a story here that's popping up and getting some getting some attention.
Speaker 2: This is from.
Speaker 1: Foxaight dot com and they're convinced this is real let's see if you think it is. They say, an outbreak of disease causing parasite cyclospora has infected thousands of Americans from coast to coast, and it also has given rise to a dangerous new trend that people are calling cyclospora skinny. Okay, there's no shot, right. Dr a pediatric physician and internal medicine doctor was talking about this trend. This is a concerning trend. We've been talking about cyclospora for weeks. It's a problematic bug that can cause persistent diarrhea, abdominal cramping, and feeling very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: It's not something you would want.
Speaker 1: It appears that some social media influencers are talking about losing weight by getting cyclospora on purpose so they can drop pounds quicker. The doc says it's not a good way to burn weight and will make people feel worse. Getting ill from cyclospora is not burning fat. It's your body and a stress state, Losing fluid, electrolytes protein all in a way that's going to make you even sicker. Most of the weight loss comes from dehydration. The idea that they have to talk about this seriously is like anybody somebody out there is like, I will I would like to get some cyclospora.
Speaker 3: Remember when they had to tell everybody not to eat tide pods. Yeah, this is to tell people not to eat tide pods. You think that this is crazy that they have to tell people that, Like, hey, I know you've heard on TV that people are getting so sick from clospora that they're losing a bunch of weight.
Speaker 1: That's that's not an invitation to go.
Speaker 3: Hey, remember if we just throw a couple of salads down and cross our fingers, we'll get the old the Pooh diet.
Speaker 1: Well, people did this. I know it was a joke in the office, but people didn't people do this with the worms. Oh, Kelly had a tapeworm. Tapeworms people, People would swallow a tapeworm. They would swallow a tapeworm, and the tapeworm would like eat the food and eat.
Speaker 2: There's some kind of date lost planet.
Speaker 1: I know people at least talked about doing that, but that this is stupid. Nobody should be doing this. I hope nobody is doing this. By the way, say.
Speaker 3: If you're avoiding lettuce and trying not to get sick from cyclospora, the other new worry right now is there's a frozen berry, blueberry or mixed berry recall for E. Coli in like a handful of states Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. There's a bunch of Public's frozen berries that they're saying, don't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's Greenwise, right, yes, yeah, green Wise Public is there.
Speaker 2: They're like in house brand.
Speaker 3: It's the well, it's the organic I think brand that all the green Wise stuff is organic, so I I would have no, uh no concern for buying it because I don't buy organic stuff. But yeah, the whole blueberries ten ounce for forty eight ounce, and then whole mixed berries ten outs for forty eight ounce.
Speaker 1: The frozen ones, those are not so good. I mean, I know that there's things like this that happen, and this sounds crazy, but I remember reading a couple of articles back in the day about people who that consider themselves bug chasers.
Speaker 2: And have a blueberry salad right now, just blueberries and lettuce.
Speaker 1: I know it was heavily tied to AIDS, but Josh, see if there's a wiki on bug chasers is there. They are big enough that they got as many, right, I remember that at that time there were people, so yeah, yeah, they should have one. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Bug chasing on Wikipedia is the practice of intentionally seeking human immuno deficiency virus infection through sexual activity.
Speaker 1: Right, Like they would try to get it on purpose for does it say what the reasons were?
Speaker 2: Like maybe they wanted to I wanted.
Speaker 3: To have a benefit concert with Elton John. I don't know what the motivation is, ready to stuff.
Speaker 6: It was the sexual excitement at potentially doing something so dangerous, the shared sense of community with not just sure but HIV positive people had suicidality.
Speaker 1: Really so some people were just like, this is how I'm going to take myself out. That's so crazy. So people will infect themselves with this stuff. There are people who will do that, but do not try to get psychlospora. There's a lot of better ideas out there. Just get the JAB or something for God's sake, All right, quick break, when we come back. We got the hot sheet on the way. We have a global exclusive interview Unbelievable that is incoming on the show. We'll see what you think about that when it goes down, and a whole lot more on the way, and it's coming up next on the News Junkie. All right, before we get to the Hot Sheet, just to follow up on what I was talking about. I do find this so crazy, and it was interesting to have this case this week where the parent of this kid who committed a mass shooting incident was like kind of helping them out and was assisting that the person ended up getting twelve years. And I just see more and more of these things where the kids will do something horrible and then reach out to the parents, and the parents' instinct isn't always make some sense out of this. Their instinct isn't always like, Okay, you got to go to the police. Sometimes it is. Sometimes it is like the guy who shot and killed Charlie Kirk when he when his parents figured out that he was the shooter and they're like, oh, we know what's going on here. They said, you need to call the cops right now, and he did it. They turned him in, you know, they like they were pardon parcels of turning him in. The Brian laundry case, the parents were never charged, they didn't ever like face any charges.
Speaker 2: But to me, it.
Speaker 1: Really looked like they were doing their best to like assist their son instead of worrying about the person that he that he killed. But as I recall, I think he called I think he called them, was like, hey, Gabby's dead, and they lawyered up, they bought it, they got an attorney, they stopped talking to Gabby Patito's family.
Speaker 2: Like they they rallied around and.
Speaker 1: Sort of circled the wagon, as they said in the Bryant laundry case. Though, I think it was kind of known in real time, that is, he either snuck out of his mother's house or his mother may have helped him in some way, Like we kind of knew as it was happening before we found the body, before you know, all the questions were answered that the parents we kind of knew something. We didn't know anything about these phone calls from Coburger.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 1: I hadn't heard of that, that wasn't reported on No. And who knows what they talked about. It's very possible that Brian Coberger's family called and they had an innocuous conversation, but that doesn't seem likely to me. Three hours on the phone, six am, right two hours after you do these things when somebody reaches out in those moments, it seems to me they're desperate and they're asking their family if they'll support them even though they've done something bad. And you know, that's what I see in that situation. Coburger's family has not been charged with anything as far as I know, Brian Laundry's family has not been charged with anything, but you can see what's going on there, like you could see that a call came in and the family decided to side with family. At least that's what it looks like. Here we go, let's do the hot sheets, but not like best investigatory parting on the planet.
Speaker 3: The top stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on the sheet.
Speaker 1: Whoa with Sea Lane?
Speaker 3: That's right, the top five stories of the nonsense news brought to you by that mortgage guy Don And we start with Tony Romo, who will probably have some more time on his hands to visit grandma and grandpa because CBS Sports says the former quarterback is on leave until further notice from his TV gig. The update just one week after Romo was arrested in Wisconsin after officers suspected him of driving drunk behind the wheel. The NFL season kicks off in September. It's unclear if Romo, who joined CBS as the lead analyst in twenty seventeen, will return from his leave before week one.
Speaker 1: Would that even be a leave? I mean, what does he have duties?
Speaker 3: Does he have lead analyst duties before the football games actually start.
Speaker 1: We're suspending you from all of the pre preseason stuff, whether you like or terrible.
Speaker 3: The Networking listed future Hall of Famer JJ Watt to replace the former Dallas Cowboys star in his absence. Romo refused to take a breathalyzer test, claiming he was often told by lawyers to never submit to one. He's at risk of losing his license for a year as a result. Now over to somewhere we don't go often in the hot sheet. Beautiful South Korea. All right, let's do it because move over love on the spectrum. They have a new dating show in South Korea that is kind of dark. However, grain of salt here. I do think these people deserve love. What's the twist? Who are that?
Speaker 1: Murderers or South Koreans? Cross border loves and looking.
Speaker 3: Jongs Korean, Tuth Korea and Jenny Gray Again. SPS is new reality dating show that is a very, very random pull, if anybody knows it. SBS's new reality dating show, Love Against Time, features contestants in their twenties and thirties who have received terminal diagnosis Oh my God in the past, or experience life threatening illnesses. It is drawing scrutiny over the ethics of turning such deeply personal experiences to entertainment ahead of its August premiere. That's set to premiere the series August third. Details about how the format will unfold remain under wraps, but the network has revealed one of its central mechanics. Each night, the cast members will exchange a self determined amount of their limited time with one another as a way of developing romantic connections.
Speaker 2: Wow, Soil, I'll tell you so.
Speaker 1: Recently, I saw something I've I'm only vaguely familiar with the talk show. There's a show I think they're on satellite radio that used to be Ron and Fez and they came from the Ron and Ron.
Speaker 2: Or something correct. But that's that's before my time.
Speaker 1: I don't really know that that talk radio, know those guys, but I guess the Ron guy from this talk show Ron and fest Is. He's got cancer and they think it might be terminal. And he started posting because I know some people that are that are close to him. He started posting interviews where he's had all these comedians that are friends of his come into the hospital and he's all connected to the machines and stuff and they're they're doing podcasts. Oh I saw that. It's pretty funny. And I will tell you I don't know anything about his stuff or anything, but him talking to Shane Gillis. Shane Gillis was in the hospital. This guy's dying of cancer. This Ron guy, the host, and he's talking with Shane Gillis, Shane Gilly, Ron Bennington, and you can tell Shane Gillis is like laughing along and making jokes, but he's got like tears coming out of his eyes. And it was interesting because of the like because the fact that this person might not be here much longer. And that's the element of the TV show that would be interesting too. I guess the.
Speaker 3: Show's official teasers teasers excuse me, feature cast members opening up about their experiences, some saying they've had limited opportunities to date because potential partners are reluctant to be with someone who has been seriously ill. Others describe romance as something they once considered a luxury they could not afford. The show is directed by Lee um Sol, who previously helmed fortune Teller's Love, a reality dating show that brought together gen Z, fortune Tellers, and Oracles in the search of romance.
Speaker 1: It's so specific. This guy's like, I got an idea, another one.
Speaker 3: This guy gets green lights, just like keep them coming.
Speaker 1: Fortune Teller's Love with Me, What do you got next? People are dying green light. This is like you pull the lever and then the thing spins around. It's like, okay, dating show, Fortune Teller's gen Z.
Speaker 3: Remember the episode of South Park where Stan thought that all the new music sounded like poop. I'm in there, yeah, yeah, Well they have a new like they're calling it a genre but putting in quotes that's making a splash online. I sent you a link to pull up this article, Sean, because there's a video of it.
Speaker 1: But they're calling it.
Speaker 3: Somebody on Twitter, like one one the day on this one has coined it uk pooh. It's a genre of music growing on TikTok that that this user Cashim says, I like to call it UK Pooh. The unifying themes seem to be awkward flows. These are like little rap songs that they've people post, awkward flows, blunt or barely rhyming lyrics, DIY visuals and an unmistakably British aesthetic.
Speaker 2: And why did you send this to me on your tech or text?
Speaker 1: Read? Yeah? I see it right, and it's just.
Speaker 3: A bunch of these TikTok videos with like music that just kind of sucks, but they say there's a very British charm to it.
Speaker 2: Can we try one of these?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I would, Yeah, let's do that one. Okay, this one right here, this is supposed to be UK Pooh. Yeah, keep your ears open because I don't think she'd curses. Boyes fall and listen to your eyes. This trouble if you part. I was reading by a song the Bundle Baby, I relieve been home Baby, he can save me. That's terrible, Just what Drake sounds like. It sounds like AI has tried to turn them into a music stuff.
Speaker 3: It says to make a UK Pooh video, it should screen British right away, which that one kind of does. It needs to be filmed on an iPhone, preferably outside of a corner shop or your local pub.
Speaker 1: And if you can get on a line bike or get some Nike Tech fleece in there, great.
Speaker 3: There also needs to be a microaggressive aesthetic to the whole video and the topic you're singing about has to be a little outrageous. That's what's trending in UK on TikTok right now. Also across the pond, the British, the father of British music sensation Amy Winehouse, has been ordered to pay nine hundred and fifty thousand pounds or one point twenty six million dollars to some friends of his late daughter, who he unsuccessfully sued for auctioning the singer's clothes and other items. Mitch Winehouse earlier this year lost a case in the High Court in London against two of Winehouse's friends who auctioned dozens of her clothes and other possessions years after her death. The late singer's former stylist, Naomi Perry and her friend Katriona Gourlei, denied acting dishonestly in auctioning the items they said were given or lent to them. He sued him said they were taking advantage of his daughter all that stuff, and he ends up losing in court, which is awkward, has to pay them out a million bucks. And last, but not least, I don't know if this is blue dot fever or what, but Northwest, the daughter of Kim and Kanye, has pulled the play on two of her upcoming tour dates. Had no clue she was even on a tour days before she was scheduled to hit the stage. North was set for her first performance on August fifth with rapper Molly Santana in Dallas, Texas, but according to the ticketmaster, the show was canceled and the official website promoting promoting the artist tour has apparently been scrubbed from the internet. They do have one show that's still scheduled in August twenty fifth in San Francisco, and it's still listed on the venue's website for now.
Speaker 1: Is there like a draw to see Northwest?
Speaker 5: Like? Is I mean?
Speaker 1: Is she getting play on the radio? She's been touring with her dad, so maybe some people have heard that. I don't know, clearly not enough.
Speaker 3: If you go to see Kanye and Northwest comes out, is that a bathroom song?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the same thing happened to me when I went to see Lil Wayne and then Lol Wayne's like Wayne, yeah, lol lol Wayne, the double Lil Wayne. Well Wayne times who comes out and he starts performing and people are like, hey, is the weekend.
Speaker 3: Let's see what streaming what you got on as your options for over the weekend. The Super Mario Galaxy movie is now on Peacock. That's included with your Peacock subscription. Death of Robinhood for rental or purchase on Prime Video. That's an A twenty four movie with Hugh Jackman, Bill Scarsgard, and Jody Comer. Comer there's a new Snoopy thing on Apple TV plus if you like that. The Bombing of pan Am one oh three is on Netflix obviously. The Idaho Murders, College Nightmare, Supergirl, The Devilwares Prada is on Disney Plus and Hulu and Sean Big News.
Speaker 1: You always seem to like these.
Speaker 3: Lollapalooza live stream this weekend on Hulu and Disney Plus. Even if you couldn't snag ticke Us to the festival, you can stream select X to your own home if you want to catch Charlie XCX first festival performance since the release of Music Fashion Film Grammy A Warning Grammy winning Best New Artist Olivia Dean or rock Out with the Smashing Pumpkins. No word on whether Greg Brady will be joining them for this particular performance. Lord John Summon tat McCrae xx a whole bunch more for Lollapalooza Live this weekend. Hey, if you are in a home and you want to get to a better home, that mortgage guy Don wants to help you out.
Speaker 1: If you're renting and just.
Speaker 3: Throwing away your money in rent every month, that mortgage guy Don wants to help you too. The rates have been headed down, are at nearly three year lows, and if your mortgage rate has a seven or eight in front of it, you should be checking into a refi. And if you have a quote, it's best best to go to that mortgage guy Don and compare that quote today. Hit him up at that mortgage guy Don dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you. See Land, We're back with your feedback in just a moment. You could join us on the show. Go to the news Junkie dot com and send us your dispatch right now. We got this interview coming up next. Is that still I believe some clicking over to see if he's on you Global World Exclusive interview incoming standby, that's coming up next on the News Junkie. Okay, we have so many things to try to work into the show today. Somebody earlier in the week had emailed us and they said, is this real? Somebody sent me a link and there's a guy running for office and he's got like a meme forward website and his name supposedly is Antonio Pizza.
Speaker 2: And Antonio Pizza is.
Speaker 1: Like legit running for some sort of office here, And they asked us check this out.
Speaker 2: Is this guy for real? And we looked up and like, I.
Speaker 1: Think it might be. I think this might be a real campaign. But now we have to discover is it really real? Antonio Pizza? Are you with us? Friend? I am here?
Speaker 2: How are you there?
Speaker 1: He is? Antonio Pizza himself has joined us on the show. First things first, you look young to be a politician. How old are you? I'm nineteen, nineteen years old? And why on earth at nineteen do you want to be involved in the world of politics? Is something drawn you to this?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 12: So I've always been a leader growing up, and I've really gotten tired of you know, everyone can point out what's wrong with the world, but not a lot of people offer solutions and actually try to make a change.
Speaker 11: They just sit down, point fingers.
Speaker 1: All right, And you wanted to kind of cut through that and try to see what you could do.
Speaker 2: Is your name legit? Antonio Pizza?
Speaker 11: Yes, Antonio Constantino Pizza.
Speaker 1: That is the most Italian answer, Antonio Constantina pizza, all right, all right? And the whole thing is the pizza always delivers. And like you're rolling with the idea that this is your name and it's a on campaign, I'm gonna stick with it. In yeah, Pizza for school in fact, is you know? Is what the website is? Pizza for school dot com? So what is you're running for school board? Is that what you want to be running for?
Speaker 11: Semino County School Board?
Speaker 1: All right? And are you do you do you know some of the other people who are on this board? Do you are you familiar with what's going on? And do you know things that you want to change?
Speaker 12: Because I recently graduated from a Seminole County public school, Hagridy High School, so I know not just the effects of the policies.
Speaker 11: I lived through the effects of the policy.
Speaker 12: True, from everything, from the mental health policy they had, from the bullying, from the drug use in the bathroom, I experienced all of it. Yeah, they have drug use in the bathrooms a big concern. They actually at one school they call it the weed wall.
Speaker 1: The weed wall, all right, I mean it's just everybody smokes weed on the weed wall.
Speaker 5: Is that it?
Speaker 1: Nothing gets sean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew it.
Speaker 1: Antonio Pizza be wowed and amazed by what my intellect here as I cut through the nonsense. So the weed wall is of concern to you, the kids smoking in and doing drugs and stuff in the school, bullying, and you want to be a part of your own future here by helping out. Do you think one of the problems is people who run for office tend to be like old o's and they don't know what kids actually need who are in school.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So I think what's interesting right now is in the last five years, probably since COVID, we are on a new wave of learning, new wave of education, more things online than ever, and we need a board that really represents the different ideas in the different perspective that's going on in the school system currently, not ones that took place over fifty years ago.
Speaker 1: True. Yeah, I mean things have changed drastically even since I've been in school. I'm looking at pizzafschool dot com. Can you walk us through the photo that you've chosen to represent your campaign. You appear to be in tuxedo here.
Speaker 11: Yes, that was my senior class photol.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, this is the only one. Was your senior class photo. It says you got one of education Antonio Pizza, and you picked this photograph to represent you here. What has been the feedback you've seen from voters so far?
Speaker 11: It's definitely been a mixed feedback.
Speaker 12: A lot of people say, I'm young and I'm inexperience, and yes, I may be that, but I'm always willing to learn. It's actually the fact that our younger generation is more easy to learn things than the older generation. And with our school board facing a deficit of seventeen million dollars along with IEPs, especially students who have IEPs, and Simoneill County, we're suing a family with an IEP because they wanted a nurse. Twenty nine doctors said that they needed a nurse in the school, and the school board sued this family lost in state court. Now they're going to federal court and they're suing them again. As a student, I grew up with an i EP for dyslexia. That really impacts peopleuse. I feel like these are students that are already struggling enough in school, But to go after them like this and not really follow their IEP and not give them the proper accommodations, all while the school board complains about people living leaving the school system and going to voucher schools in private schools. In reality, all we need to do is support the students we have in our schools and that will bring more people in.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I mean that seems pretty level headed. I do the thing that I'm least surprised by Si laning on this website. You will be very unsurprised by this too. Antonio Pizza is a proud Eagle Scout. Yeah, brother, in all zero yeah, zero percent surprise that you are an Eagle Scout. But I mean that does that does prepare you? I think in many ways to get ready for something like this.
Speaker 6: Can I sorry got you off and I ask what your Eagle Scout project.
Speaker 11: Was Yeah, So I actually did an interesting agal.
Speaker 12: I was the president founder of my high school's chess club, but in my freshman nut actually I moved from Maywood, New Jersey, to Florida, and I was still part of both troops. So I actually installed five outdoor chess tables, three in Maywood, New Jersey, and then two in Florida. So I did like two states, and one of the few Eagle Scouts, I did a project that crossed that line.
Speaker 1: What was your project, Josh?
Speaker 6: I built a picnic table and resurfaced a greenhouse.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, table house table.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was a different time. All right, here's the thing. I'm just gonna come out and say it here. Antonio Pizza. Your name is Antonio Pizza. You were in the chess club, you were an Eagle Scout. When you talk about bullying, is that because you were bullied in high school?
Speaker 11: I think that was a little bit of bullying.
Speaker 12: I think, yeah, there was definitely some bullying in high school, some in middle school. I think there's a is going to be bullying. But it's what can the people above us, the administration, the teachers, what can they really do to stop the bullying. What can I do as a student stop it as well? You know, reporting and all that. And unfortunately in someone Will County, they really have four guidelines. You know, they don't have a public handbook that goes over if you do this, if you break this policy, this is the consequence. A lot of the rules and policies are left up to teacher and administrative discretion.
Speaker 11: I was talking to her.
Speaker 12: I was a town hall yesterday and a parent talked to me and they said, you know, my niece dropped out of high school because she was bullied so.
Speaker 11: Much in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 12: And when I went to the school, I saw someone being bullied, and I saw the admin turn away and not witnesses so that they have to write the paperwork.
Speaker 1: Really, my god. Yeah, when you talk about school and drugs and stuff, have you had any experience with drugs? Ever?
Speaker 12: My only experience was in drugs as if going into the bathroom and it being or smoke, Yeah, fog and you can just smell the drugs. Personally, I don't do drugs.
Speaker 1: You never done Maria Wow, Antonio Pizza. Never had a sip of a beer, No, never had a drag of a joint. No, no, never never popped the perk. You know he hit the Benjamin never done any of those things. No, all right, okay, I believe you have I believe Shut up, Josh. You don't know about that. You don't know about this issue. Antonio Pizza is the guy who wants to make you rethink what's going on here. He wants to save taxpayer money. That's what you say on your website. You want to phase out COVID era learning. I mean, COVID was so bad for school, and you you were in school for that, those periods of time where everything got screwy, right, Oh yeah, yeah, what.
Speaker 12: Was seeing right now? It's still pushing students through the system. If you fail a class in Semino County, you can actually drop that class mid semester and roll on the online version. And the online version does not have any guard wils to catch AI to catch any cheating. And then even more than that, if you fail a whole semester, you can do the online summer school and you can make up that whole semester in at least four weeks.
Speaker 1: Wow. In the campaign that you're in right now, Antonio Pizza, is there any like attack ads going on or is anybody like doing attack ads against anybody else.
Speaker 12: I will say that there's been a couple of my opponents' supporters who like to go onto my comments.
Speaker 1: On Facebook oh oh.
Speaker 12: And write things up telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about. But at the end of the day, I'm the one who went to the school. I experienced everything that happened.
Speaker 1: Who do we think is behind this? Who do we think is like putting these comments out there?
Speaker 11: It's definite.
Speaker 12: I've looked at that profiles. There's definitely some of their supporters and stuff, okay, and they like to cause a lot of doubt on my campaign and bring up my youth and inexperience. But in reality, I have the most experience by knowing what's going on in the school system day to day operations, compared to the school board that just sits back and watch things happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think there's something too that there's a weird thing that people do or they'll they'll attack you for your youth and inexperience, and it's like, well, what makes you more capable just because you're older, Like automatically being older does not make you more capable at a job like this, and in fact, you know, if I wanted to find somebody with the expertise about knowing how a school runs and what the problems are, I'd want somebody who is the closest to the experience of school. The problem is a lot of people your age are kind of dumb and not good at being candidates like that. But you want to do this, you have a desire to do this. Do you see yourself as being maybe a politician long term going for bigger offices.
Speaker 12: I think my focus right now is in Someoneo County and the school board on what comes out after that, because we do have a two term limit, you know, obviously in eight years and even if I decided to rerun, But right now, my top priority.
Speaker 11: Is just fixing the schools.
Speaker 12: All I've always stood out in my generation too, like I have a flip phone clone, so I'm very you know, different from my generation because that really bothered me because in Jersey we had a strict phone policy. You were not allowed to go on your phone, and then COVID happened and they started letting us go on our phones and class and stuff. And I remember walking into home room first week back, and I'm expecting for the classroom to be talking and stuff, but they're not.
Speaker 11: They're all on their part. I like to call them phone zombies.
Speaker 12: Was all they are is staring at their phone, swiping mindlessly and then on interaction with people. And you see that with higher anxiety, higher depression rate. All of this is linked to us being using our cell phones electronics so much, and we just have to be more in the moment.
Speaker 1: That's good. So you you would you would rather these phone bands stuff continue to spread around where the students aren't on their phones and allowed to be on their phones at school.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so I believe that right now we need to get a phone shot in every single classroom and attendance is taken from that phone shot, and if your phone's not in the phone shot, then you are not mentally present in class and you should be walked after.
Speaker 1: All, right, I think, Yeah, do you have any thoughts on Israel v. Palestine?
Speaker 12: Oh, bring up some federal issues here, you know, that's definitely a federal issue going on. Nice, My focus is definitely in Seminole County and all of that.
Speaker 1: Good pivot there, you go, Yeah, good pivot. Yeah, you got a future of this. I could see this happening for you, Antonio. I wish you luck. I wish you luck over there Pizza for School. I was gonna ask you, what what's your website?
Speaker 3: Because I don't know if you've experienced this, but you as a candidate. Your name, while it's quite unique, it is hard to google because when I google it, I get a lot of restaurant options.
Speaker 12: Facebook wouldn't let me create my name as Antonio Pizza.
Speaker 11: I said it was a fake name.
Speaker 12: Facebook for multiple money.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, you go to Pizza for School dot com.
Speaker 12: Feel fee to donate them, and I would appreciate anyone's support.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you need anybody to make an attack ad against one of the other candidates, I'm on board.
Speaker 2: I would love to do that.
Speaker 1: But I want to go dirty, like I want to go after them, because as hard as we possibly can to shut down these mean Facebook comments and stuff, we got to Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I would say, like, my opponent is a nice lady.
Speaker 12: She is very nice, But just because you're nice doesn't mean you're a good leader.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Well the supporters of actually the ones that are really mean, I don't know if that's linked to her. Really yeah, but what's interesting is there was actually one of my supporters made a song.
Speaker 1: Oh really? Is it available online?
Speaker 2: Can I hear it or no?
Speaker 11: We're hoping to post it this week. Can be on the Instagram page.
Speaker 12: So if you want to follow me on elect Pizza and if you want to follow me on Facebook, which my name is Antonio Constantino Pizza, I just got that fixed.
Speaker 1: Last There you go, all right, thank you so much. It has been good talking to you. There he is Antonio Pizza. Good luck, Budon. There he is is off and on his way. Go check him out at pizzafir school dot com. Okay, quick break. When we come back, we'll see what you think about mister Pizza and his campaign and all the other things we've been discussing on the show.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 1: I've got this very disturbing story I've been pushing back a little bit, a viral clip and why this is going viral. We'll talk about that, jury duty and so much more, all coming up next on the News. Junkie. Secret shows drop every Friday at five pm. So if that's the time or past it, go get the latest uncensored secret show over on the Neewsjunkie dot Com. One thing I saw that's starting to get attention. I don't know if the young folks will start doing this or not, but this is a new thing that's starting to catch on. I've not heard this talked about anywhere else, but perhaps you have. But there are new tattoos called cipher X. I think I'm saying that right. Cipher X, cipher Rex, believe that's the name. And these are really interesting. If they did catch on, I think there's some limitations to them. But the idea is there's no pain at all. The tattoo is permanent and you can order it right to your home.
Speaker 2: And here's an example.
Speaker 1: This is from the Verge right now says this tattoo is permanent, pain free and might soon come in the mail.
Speaker 2: And they show somebody with like a.
Speaker 1: Really simple little star tattoo, and you go on to a website or that's the idea cipher X, this London based company, You order one of these tattoos. They have like stars and hearts and all sorts of different designs and stuff. And when you get it at your house, you press it against your skin and it gives you like an instant tattoo that is permanent, like a whole bunch of micro needles. How is that pain free? I don't know.
Speaker 2: They said it's pain free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're a little that's under like a microscope where you see them like a little pointy there.
Speaker 2: But it's this little thing that you get.
Speaker 1: It's in the design of your tattoo, and then you squish it against your skin when you get it, and then it's supposed to be pain free. And it says the process is designed to be quiet, fast, and pain free, all of which I found to be true. This is the article saying this opening the door for even more people to rock some permanent ink. Some cosmetic products already use a similar technology. Micro needle tattoo patches have been explored since at least twenty twenty two. But this is a consumer ready product, so you'll you'll actually get this thing in the mail. And then it says a flexible tattoo bandage was applied to it to make it not move around. Then there was a sticker placed over the top, and then fifteen minutes you wait till it processes, and then you're done, like press it against your skin. Right now, it's pretty simple you're looking at stars and hearts and stuff. But the ideas eventually, like let's say Josh wants a Pokemon tattoo. Sure, they make a deal with the Pokemon people. You buy the Pokemon tattoo, you bring it to your house, you put it on your skin, kind of like you would a temporary tattoo.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I wonder you get a tattoo. I wonder if the people that are really into tattoos would welcome this or shun it.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Josh stolen valor or No.
Speaker 6: It's so small, like it can't take the place of a full size tattoo yet obviously not yet. No, that's not good for hobbyists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it could soon because they made these pretty small. Right now, You put them on your ankle, you put them on your your waist, your hip or whatever, and you get a tiny little tattoo just like that. Maybe you maybe quickly they license out the Playboy Bunny logo, Maybe they license out some simple sports team type things, and then people can get these and press them up against their skin and you got a permanent tattoo out of it. Honestly, it'd be great for bets with your friends and and different things like that. If you personalize it too, yeah, yeah, yeah, and you'd go, all right, losers getting this and then really going to ramp up the guy who loses fantasy football, all right, Yeah, punishment right between your eyes. Just thrust that sucker round in your face. He says.
Speaker 3: You know what, that's another kind of bad news for this technology. It's like if you had your friend passed out on the couch, here's what and tattoo.
Speaker 1: It's impressing them against them all over their body. Yeah, yeah, it can happen, somebody, says Vendosoura over on Twitch watching the show, says, this is essentially a chemical burn, right, No, I believe it's ink. It's actual It's like ink on this thing micro needles. So when you get a tattoo, as I don't need to explain this to everybody, but just for those of you who don't know, you're taking a needle that's going in and out and it goes, you know, it takes the ink and brings it in and out of your skin, giving you the tattoo. This is all of the ink and all of the correct colors already on top of the micro needles in the position of the tattoo, so it's almost like a sticker or something. You're putting it across you. But then it delivers the ink in to those exact places with the micro needles, and now your tattoo is perfectly matched up and permanent and it doesn't hurt.
Speaker 2: According to them, says Well.
Speaker 3: The website itself says minimal discomfort, longevity, permanent color, carbon black, up to one one and a half by one and a half centimeters micron scale precision. The aftercare is quite minimal and just a safe, fast and convenient application. A new form of permanent tattooing micro dot tattoo.
Speaker 1: I think people might be into this. They do the what's the hennah? They have a head of tattoos. Sometimes people do that. It's like semi permanent things, and they last a little bit longer, they said. The tattoo is revealed after the patches removed, and it becomes visibly darker over the course of two days. Initially, the tattoo consisted of lots of tiny dots rather than a smooth connected line. The ink is supposed to bleed together as it develops, like a regular tattoo does over the years, so you get this thing, and then eventually you know you've got a tattoo on you. It's very simple. Now, the designs leave a bit to be desired. I've seen a smiley face, a star, a chair, I don't know where there's a chair design. There's a line, hearts, you know, there's some pretty simple stuff that they have. And you order this and get your tattoo right in the comfort of your house. Oh there's a little ghost, right, that's a little it's a little bigger, a little more complex. Would you do this, folks? Will this take off? Is some sort of big idea? Now? I think if you could make this, like I have a lot of tattoos, if you could make this a complex tattoo, josh, where let's say it's like one of these tattoos like I have my son's initials on my forearm. If you can make it so you just take something, press it against you, wait for a couple of minutes, peel it off, and it was pain free, and now you have a tattoo of that size. I think that might be desirable to some people. Maybe not. Let us know what you think. Give us your thoughts over at thenewschunkie dot com right now, All right, we'll get into some of your dispatches, emails and all the rest. In fact, here's somebody reacting to that woman who made the viral video where she said my kids are never going to do homework. She said, they are never going to do homework. The schools are to blame for this. If you teachers want my kids to do homework too bad. We should have ask Pizza about this. Oh yeah, but the homework Lendia Well Deanna emails tips at the neewsjunkie dot com. Hey news Junkie. The millennial mom here checking in, and I'm a mom for a third grader. Our school does not do homework yet except reading together every night for twenty or thirty minutes. We do homework almost every night outside of that to make sure our son understands the concepts that they're doing that week and the reinforcement of fundamentals throughout the school year. We start back up with the fundamentals three weeks before school and some are to be prepared for the new year. I don't want my kids to get through school. I want them to succeed and thrive. It's a joint effort for teachers and parents for education. Not all millennial moms suck like this lady, those poor kids.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend, and keep up the work, says Deanna.
Speaker 1: And you know what, got's out. That's good. That's good. That's involvement in your child's life and education. It's the work that it takes to be a good parent. The woman in that viral video said, it's my job as a parent to have fun with my child. It's like, no, that is not your job as a parent. That may be one of the facets of your job, one of the many things that comes with the responsibilities responsibilities of being a parent. But I think you got it right, So thank you for that email. Yours could be next. Tips tips at the newsjunkie dot com. Our friend mode Wit is on the way in a bit sweet We got we got some questions? Ask him? Oh can I share this video? Are we far enough from anybody eating? Do you guys consent to something that's a little cross our our lunches here yet? Okay? Good? Perfect timing? All right, this is in Russia. Somebody was at a wild Berry's pickup point. For those of you who don't know, actually, wild berries factories and warehouses have been getting bombed by the Ukrainians because it's a way that they can have an impact on the Russians. Wild Berries is like Amazon in Russia. Fact check that ceiling. I think that's great, that's correct, It is okay. Wildberries, like I don't even think they have Amazon. I don't know if they even have Amazon. So their version of Amazon in Russia is called Wildberries. And this is at one of the facilities where they process returns and and whatever. I don't know why I say it like that. That kid's an absolute return and if I got a return him, they process returns. I guess I should say. And here's what happens. To brace yourself and we go. We're inside this Wildberry's location. They're going through some of the boxes. Watch this one ready, watching it taking the box apart, all right? The box explodes. Somebody had returned human feces in their equivalent of an Amazon delivery box, and as they were sitting there, as they're sitting there working on the return, it blows up and launches all over all of them inside this office.
Speaker 5: I like that sound effect.
Speaker 1: You get to leave work after that, you get to leave. Yeah, and Russia they probably make you stay at the old Wildberriers. That is not just leave work for the day sea land. That should be leave work for the rest of the year. I think you should get the rest of the year off. Why did it explode because they wanted it to They sent it back to them to get back at the company, and it flung everywhere all over these poor people. I'm not going to put this on see it now. If you want to see it that bad, you can see it on the stream because some of you might have a fetish for this. But it's absolutely gone awful, disgusting.
Speaker 6: Funny if Ukraine sent that one to.
Speaker 1: One at a time, poop bums all the different locations. Jesus no telling. All I know is in a surprise order in Russia, a box filled with feces exploded at a wild Berry's pickup points. We'll see if there's any updates on this when we come back. We got jury duty on the way, lots more emails coming in. We'll get to the of course, power hour momentarily, and a whole lot more on a Friday. That's coming up next on the news. Junkie, really quick before we do Jerry duty or do you want to do this Week in Florida. Right here?
Speaker 2: Is this good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We could do it right here. We could do it here. If you want stars do it right here, man, let's let's do it. Let's do this weekend for.
Speaker 10: Giving you a recap of the most grown worthy stories in the States.
Speaker 1: It's this week in Florida. That's right, the weekend it's here. This is definitely not an afterthought.
Speaker 3: It's a time to take a trip around the Sunshine State see some of the craziness that has gone on in the past seven days or so.
Speaker 1: At long Line, Antonio Pizza on the line, you talked to Antonio Pizza. All right, I got bump for pizza. It's a kind of a low point.
Speaker 3: We started Saint Pete at the beach where two men have been arrested by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. I did not know this was I mean, it seems illegal, but I did not know this crime was that bad. The owner of the Plaza Beach Hotel and also the owner of Chris's Beach Sidebar. All right, sounds like a nice place, except for the fact that they are accused of placing fifteen hundred mothballs on the beach for what purpose?
Speaker 1: To get the moths away?
Speaker 2: To prevent black skimmer shore birds from nesting?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I thought that was gonna go a totally different direction for a second. What did you think it was to prevent black I thought you were talking about something to say.
Speaker 2: So to prevent what?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Black?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 3: Black skimmer shore birds apparently nest on the beach. Never even heard of them? Me neither, But the FWC officials say, Robert c his last name is cz y szcz N. A lot of ease in that last name.
Speaker 1: Chicken John.
Speaker 3: Sure, Robert Chicken John and Christopher Monroe were trying to keep the birds from nesting on the beach behind their hotel and bar. They started off with no real leads, but through the investigative work, FWC says officers discovered that Chicken John made a large purchase of mothballs from Walmart around the date of the incident. And they then they got we're able to get search warrants for the cell phone data. But yeah, they said that, Like the headline says, toxic mothballs are mothballs just by definition toxic?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what the weirdest thing in the world is when I was young, I remember people talking about it. But I feel like the mothballs thing is just completely worked out of American society. I've never seen a need for mothballs. Yeah, in my house there was when when our grandparents were young, they'ld be like, Oh, you're gonna put the clothes in the closet, put the moth balls in there. But you know, I think we've changed that. There smelled mothballs.
Speaker 2: It's not good.
Speaker 1: How'd you get their little legs apart? Classic good Moses. Don't laugh about Moses. A bunch of returns on this ship. Yeah, place is full of returns, all right, let's see.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, you know, sometimes you need real investigative work. Sometimes you need to do the due diligence, and sometimes they just make it easy on you. Miami Dade Sheriff's Office detectives arrested Christopher follow on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Uh see.
Speaker 3: They took him into the police department and showed him a video of this burglary that they had him that they thought he was a suspect for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he told the cops, oh, yeah, I broke into the business in a while. Back looks familiar. Yeah, that's me. You got me case closed. Way to go, Christopher, She'll follow.
Speaker 3: Would that just be moses like the worst case scenario as a client for to hear that somebody said just saying like.
Speaker 1: That, I mean, yeah, sure, you basically got no defense at that point. Rule number one is don't admit to the thing you're acute about.
Speaker 13: I mean, but you know, it used to be before there's a public defender, which was not that long ago, the sheriff in many counties around here would say they go into the jail and say, all right, if you're guilty, go on the left. If you're not guilty, go on the right, and people, you know people, yeah, go on the left side.
Speaker 1: That's one percent true. That's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Well that that one's pretty much open and shut for the cops and for the prosecution there, which.
Speaker 1: And it sounded like the guy is like, oh yeah, I remember that place.
Speaker 3: It sounded like he had done so many break ins that that one like just looked a little familiar, and I think I kind of know that that one was me. So you know, we'll see what happens with him. Central Florida has seen a rise in leprosy cases, So let's stay away from the armadillos. Health officials are reassuring residents after new cases of leprosy were reported across the state, including several in Central Florida. Seventeen cases have been reported statewide so far this year. Surgeon General Joseph Ladappo addressed the increase on Friday, saying the number of cases remains low shouldn't be a major cost for concern.
Speaker 1: It's just an old skin eating disease, right, skin. Yeah, you can get it from the armadillo. I touch it. It's just touching it. Like you touch an armadillo and you touch your face and you got you.
Speaker 3: So, it says one reason central for to see cases as the presence of the nine banded armadillo, which carries the bacteria that causes leprosy. Experts emphasize that simply seeing or being near an armadillo does not mean someone will become infected. It's not spread through casual contact. Also known as Hanson's disease. Infection typically requires prolonged exposure to the bacteria through contact with infected armadillo. So you're just sitting there petting your armadillo a lot, and then you get the leprosy.
Speaker 13: Oh, this might be bad for that Armadillo world that's opening on eyes try.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be set up for failure.
Speaker 3: Man, if you bought a Mega Million's ticket in Florida for Tuesday Nights dr this.
Speaker 13: Week, Josh Josh texting him jokes he's.
Speaker 1: Got a tight five ready to go. It's all right, good, he's coming hot.
Speaker 3: You bought a Mega million's ticket in Florida for Tuesday Nights drawing, you might want to check it. One lucky ticket purchased in the Sunshine State match all five numbers and the Mega ball. The winner will get to claim a jackpot of eight hundred million dollars. Gas is expensive these days, but that wasn't a big worry for u. Sneel Lara, forty years old. He was caught in a circle K fuel stealing scheme. The Deltona man was arrested after he was caught stealing diesel from circle K gas stations across the area. I think they found him with like a giant tank and a magnet or something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that's one of the indicators that somebody's trying to steal gas like that.
Speaker 3: Surveillance video from the stations reportedly showed the same suspect vehicle each time, a White Ram twenty five hundred pickup. Similar diesel thefts were reported in Sandford and Okalla.
Speaker 1: It's not saying anything about the magnet. Oh yes.
Speaker 3: Detectives say they found a large magnet on the driver's seat, an item commonly used in diesel theft for pumps. In the truck bed, they saw a large auxiliary fuel tank with the cap open but not yet filled. It's estimated he stole three hundred gass of diesel and laugh at least a Jupiter Man was jailed Thursday after allegedly breaking into a neighbor's home to slice a lime and drink her tequila with a towel on his head. According to the police department, the victim woke up around six thirty am to her dog's barking.
Speaker 1: It was not me. I would never do the towel part. Yeah. Just if I had to pick somebody that I knew that did this.
Speaker 3: It would be you that did that. Oh, you don't think Josh drinks tequila.
Speaker 1: I don't think he would have put the towel. Sad. Yeah, I don't know. I can see sea light doing this.
Speaker 3: She grabbed a firearm walk downstairs, where she confronted an uninvited guest, thirty year old Jeffrey Bartamus, headed towards her back door. Bartamus apologized and quickly jumped her back fence with a towel wrapped around his head. He lives just down the street. He tried opening the victim's front door moments earlier while holding a six pack of beer, so he brought his own beer, but he drank her tequila. At please Say, he helped himself to her s Fedka vodka and Malagro tequila, leaving open bottles, a cut lime, and a knife on the encounter and leaving with the towel.
Speaker 2: That's it for this week in Florida.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Cilea, And Zephys says, what's the magnet for? I don't know. They use like a big strong magnet to somehow get into.
Speaker 2: The area where they have this digel fuel.
Speaker 3: If I had to guess, the magnet might interrupt the mechanism that turns inside the machine that measures how much diesel you're pumping out. Oh like, I know nothing about why the magnet works. That is just a very educated guess on why a magnet might help you out in some sort of situation for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense, all right. We're gonna take a quick break when we.
Speaker 3: Come back now and pat myself on the back when I figure out that I'm right. And if you don't, just don't tell anybody.
Speaker 1: No, that's the best way to handle it, you know, like, just just completely let it go.
Speaker 2: When we come back.
Speaker 1: The Power Hour the final hour of the week for the show. If you want to hang out with us more, you're gonna have to dive into the world the Secret Shows and unlock a premium premium account over at the Newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: That'll be hosted by five pm.
Speaker 1: If it's five pm, it's ready to go, go uncentered with Secret Shows. We'll come back with a Power Hour with a friend modewit a crazy story about Netflix.
Speaker 2: You gotta hear. There's a ton on the way.
Speaker 1: We're gonna work it all into this Power Hour, and that's coming up next on the News Chunkie. The folks in the chat room are trying to guess what Moses and I are talking about during the break. You will never ever know, all right. They're pretending like they can read lips. They're pretending like they actually know what's happening. You're not gonna know. But if you have a question for Moses to wit our friend from just callmo dot com. You can call you have anything you've been Oh, you know what I was thinking about asking an attorney that Moses is here. So triple eight four four three News is the number, Triple eight four four three news and you get piped into the studio and if you have any questions for Moses, now's the time to do that. We'll get to hard questions for him as well. But I wanted to share a story with you guys real quick. It was pretty crazy about Netflix. So apparently there's a company that is suing Netflix for one hundred and five million dollars. Anybody see this?
Speaker 2: Did you guys see this story at all?
Speaker 3: I know, I feel like I saw something about it, but I wasn't totally.
Speaker 1: I'm sure why so Ceilan This company is suing Netflix for one hundred and five million dollars because they were shopping around an unreleased Nicholas Cage movie. Yeah, Nicholas Cage spy thriller, and they were trying to get somebody to purchase this from him.
Speaker 2: This is how it works.
Speaker 1: You film a movie, put the whole movie together with everybody involved, and then you bring it to somebody to sell it. This is what they just did with Obsession for instance. Yes, you know, they made the movie about eight hundred thousand dollars for Obsession. Then they sold it to a distributor, and then the distributor puts it out everywhere and they make a boatload of money off of it. Well, this is the company before the sale. And they make a spy thriller with Nicholas Cage and they bring it to Netflix and they say, would you like to buy this? We don't think about these things. But they literally go over to Netflix with a flash drive, a little flash hard drive, and they say, watch this, let us know if you're interested. There's somebody who was working at Netflix and their job is specifically to watch all these new unreleased movies. How cool would that be and then see if Netflix should invest in them?
Speaker 2: And that person was robbed.
Speaker 1: So someone broke into Netflix's HQ and stole all of the flash drives off this person's desk, all of these unreleased movies. The company is now saying, hey, that movie is now out there, possibly and you could just leak that or somebody whoever has it could leak it, and then now our movie's not worth any money because we go to another streamer or Hulu or whoever, we would try to sell this to somebody and they say, no, we're not going to give you anything for that. Somebody's got an illicit copy of this, and now they're suing Netflix for one hundred and five million dollars for losing their Nick Cage movie.
Speaker 2: And I'd never thought.
Speaker 1: About that, but the quote was somebody stole a good amount of drives from our office desks this past week. Moses just from like from a law perspective, is it Netflix's fault? Where should they have like been in make made sure the security of these movies was of a certain level that wouldn't get stolen. Is there any liability for them?
Speaker 13: I mean there could be obvious it's going to be fact specific. But if they were negligent and you know, having proper security protocols, you know, protecting this data essentially, then yeah, sure they could be liable for it.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. I mean that movie Obviously, a Nick Cage movie can can make a lot of money, unless it's the one where he was a professor that everybody started dreaming about.
Speaker 2: I don't think that one made as much. That's pretty funny though.
Speaker 1: Oh God that there were some scenes in that one, Josh, there were some scenes. I don't know. When I saw that one. It was weird because Nick Cage was playing like an older professor, and then everybody in the world became obsessed with him because everybody in the world was having a shared dream of him of the professor dream scenario. Dream scenario is the name of the Nick Cage movie. And he became the most famous person in the world and women were falling in love with him and stuff.
Speaker 2: But he was like a gross old professor.
Speaker 1: So the women were falling in love with him, and they were showing these scenes of him hooking up with them. Oh, it's just some weird stuff going down there. Okay, we have a lot of emails, We have a lot of various things coming in. And again, if you have any legal questions and you want to ask Moses, you could call eight eight eight triple eight four four to three News Sea Line. What do we have on the list for Moses to win? Let me get a second to pull that up. I know one that I could bring up, Mo, did you watch the Tony Romo footage? I have all right, the Tony Romo body cam. What what did you think? Because I thought afterwards, I said, if I was a dui attorney, I probably would tell him you might have a decent little case on your hands here. But what were your thoughts? Did you think this looked good for him or bad? I mean, I don't think it looks terrible.
Speaker 13: I think he does kind of give maybe not the best answer when they asked how much he had to drink. I think if he directly answers or kind of implies that he has some drinks. But other than that, it doesn't look to me, it doesn't look horrible. I've had other people say, excuse me. I've heard other people say that they thought he looked terrible and looked severely intoxicated. But compared to some of the Dui Dui videos I've seen, I didn't think it was that bad.
Speaker 1: So I have it here. One of the things that I noticed, Moses, is the cops go up to is how his car.
Speaker 3: You're coming from a golf course, ultra Scott's to.
Speaker 7: Stay after all?
Speaker 1: Right, So the officer says, how many drinks have you had and he goes, excuse me, none, and then he says eventually when they say where are you headed, and he said, up going to my grandpa's house, grandpa grandma's house. Turns out his grandparents are dead. Well, they were like his grandparents. Does that would that ever wiggle its way into this story? Could they use that to be like, you are being dishonest during this stop?
Speaker 13: Not necessarily, they could try to use it to say that he was so intoxicated that he didn't know where he was going or didn't realize his grandparents were dead, or something like that. But otherwise, I think it's unlikely that he gets a charge for like, you know, lying to law enforcement during an investigation or something like.
Speaker 1: That, because they don't have the breathalyzer, they don't have a blood test, right, they only have him performing these tests, and he's not flurring his words or anything.
Speaker 2: That's why I thought this looked better for him than it might be.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, if he didn't do the field sobriety exercise, it would probably be even better, which is why I always tell people don't do the field sobriety exercises.
Speaker 1: But now, of course, here in Florida.
Speaker 13: You do have to blow into the breath liser because it is an additional crime to not blow into the breath lives, which I think that's going to be challenged at some point, but that is the law right now. But the field sobriety exercise is literally they're just trying to gather more evidence to support their case. First of all, let me say, don't drink and drive. But you know they're trying to gather more evidence to build their case. You're not required to do it. And frankly, I have never seen anybody do the field sobriety exercises and then be released, So it's not helping your case. They try to make an interest. Oh if you do this like and you pass, we're gonna let you go. I've never seen that happen. I've just never seen it happen.
Speaker 1: I have done is like three times. I think.
Speaker 3: Circle of Friends his ability to pass the field sobriety test not necessarily that one triple eight. I kind of a little bit chaos calls us chaos. You got a question from now?
Speaker 14: Yeah, No, how's it going?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 14: Local bird? I had a questions as far as the term allegedly so you see online a lot of the time where people will be.
Speaker 1: Like, well, allegedly allegedly, and they.
Speaker 14: Try to cover themselves. Is there any actual protection in saying allegedly when you are de fading somebody online.
Speaker 13: Well, yes, and no, right allegedly doesn't just get you out of everything. I can't go and say, you know, Sean's a pedophile allegedly without having any.
Speaker 2: Sort of proof you did.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, this is all within the confines. It's a hell of an example. You could have used anybody else's name right there, or any other crime, thank you, Josh, murder would have been preferred.
Speaker 13: Well, you look at Sean. This is just the thing that pops in your head. But you know, and I think there was a recent.
Speaker 1: Example, sorry that the caller is feeling awkward now this weird sandwich. Yes, allegedly feeling awkward, but no, I think there was a recent case where somebody went on TikTok and they were doing that exact thing where they were saying allegedly, but they're making all these horrible accusations about these people, and they finally sue them for defamation and slander and all sorts of stuff, and the person's defense was well, I said allegedly.
Speaker 13: It's no, you can't just say that. That's not a catch all. They gets you out of it. What that does is if there is you know, a certain level of facts. Basically, there's some facts to support what you're saying, but there's no formal proof. You can say allegedly because they've been accused of it at this pot point. But okay, it hasn't been formally proven.
Speaker 1: So if somebody's accused of something, then you can weave that in.
Speaker 2: But you can't.
Speaker 1: It's not a work around, right.
Speaker 13: There still has to be something stated in fact to support what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, it makes sense our thank you, Chaos, appreciate the call. There he goes one Triple eight four four to three News. If you have any questions for Moses. It's actually kind of important in a world where people are spouting off at each other on social media NonStop. They're saying all sorts of things about people, and more people are starting to sue over these of comments, and I think there's gonna be more cases like this.
Speaker 3: Roll see what do we have on the list for Moses. We had a couple of stories in the last couple of weeks, maybe even longer.
Speaker 1: But there were.
Speaker 3: Two like distinct stories about criminals like who have served time being released from jail or released from prison on some sort of probationary status that have to give an address where they live. And I guess there's a couple areas where the cops are just like, listen, if you don't have an address, just use this address, or they find an address. One of them was like a corner store and a bunch of pedophiles, just like allegedly Sean said they lived at this corner store.
Speaker 1: This is not gonna be a thing.
Speaker 2: It was a corner store, and then it was a strip mall.
Speaker 3: To yes, And the question that I wrote down says, does the owner of this shopping center have a case against law enforcement for approving release inmates and making them reside in the parking lot for twelve hours a day as part of their like terms of release.
Speaker 13: Well, they'd have to show that they were damaged somehow. I don't know what the specific situation is and how they would be damaged. And they'd have to show also that hey, they didn't cooperate with this, and then you know, be somehow the police were were doing this. It wasn't just like you know, one guy started using and told his buddy, and he told his buddy and so on and so forth.
Speaker 1: So they'd have to sort of have furthered this through law enforcement somehow.
Speaker 3: So like they're pushing them, like if if an inmate doesn't have an address to go to when they leave, right, what are they supposed to put down? Because it sounds like they're just like there's somebody that's processing their paperwork that's just going you know, if you don't have an address, well, just we put you here and you have to you know, be in the parking lot of this coals or something for twelve hours a day.
Speaker 2: And the people who screw on the stores and stuff are like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a bunch of recently released criminals just hanging around here on house arrests somehow and living in their cars.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and I mean at that point they're loitering, they're trespassing. There's a number of issues there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: But you know, typically when you're when you're released from prison, there's a you know, it could be a parole process, and you do have to list an address. Sometimes you have to get a job, depends on the conditions of your parole. But you know, typically the prisons are so supposed to kind of assist you with that. There's halfway houses, there's programs if you don't have a place to go. So I don't know how this ended up where they're just using a random you know, convenience or.
Speaker 3: Corner store owner can't get the sex offenders off of his property and there and they're having their meetings with their probation officers and like picnic tables outside his corner store.
Speaker 2: There's just sex offenders hanging out everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's not good. It's not good. I did want to run something by you, Moses. A lot of people are confused on this topic. This is one of those things where if you ask people, they'll be very confident, but they don't have any idea what.
Speaker 2: They're talking about. I want to talk about entrapment with the police.
Speaker 1: There was a bust recently in New Jersey that will help us discuss this, but it doesn't matter where it was. Really this says New Jersey cop disguises himself as a shrub to bust seventy four distracted drivers, and the cop is in like what they call a gilly suits huh. So he looks like a bush and he's got some binoculars and he's sort of hiding in plane sight as he's giving out tickets to these drivers that were distracted. There was another cop on the scene that had a T shirt that says not a cop I believe, And he was part of this thing. And people often talk about entrapment with with law enforcement.
Speaker 2: What does that actually mean? What things are in Trappman?
Speaker 13: Is this in trap So usually the officers have to be doing something to help further the crime or encourage the crime. It can't just be something that you were going to do anyways. And they were like just there said like okay, or kind of we're just supportive of it. So you know, they really have to be. They're sort of putting the idea in your head. They're helping you do it, they're pushing you forward. It can't just be and I don't know what was going on here. He was distracted distracted driving, So they're obviously doing that anyways.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter that there's cop there or not.
Speaker 13: So, but we've seen some cases and trapman is rare, but you know, we've seen some cases before where the cops will say well, you should go and do this, and the verse like no, I don't really want to do that, and they're like no, no, and they start pressuring them to do that and like shoving them yeah, and then they start offering them money to do that, and they start telling them, oh, you can get away with it. So that's where they're really you know, encouraging them and stepping over that line into entrapment. Once they do it, then they get arrested. So it's not a cop hiding behind a bush. It's a cop, not a cop car hiding where you can't see them, right exactly.
Speaker 1: Growing up, my father really believed that, and I think a lot of people actually did. Will take your questions if you have any for Moses or the show in generals Triple eight four four to three News, Triple eight four four to three News Quick Break. When we come back, we'll get into your feedback, your responses. You can also email the show if you'd like tips at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: Right now, though, let's make it official, let's do the Power Hour.
Speaker 1: They said it couldn't keep done. Then they said, get ready to drive. I'm a spooky pumpkin. It's time for the Power Hour on the News, Chunky, I'm glad it wasn't a pedophile thing.
Speaker 5: Glad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, glad we escaped that one for now, Pumpkin on the pedophile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll move right on past all of this quick break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we'll get into your questions and anything else that we have rolling into the final bit of the show here for the week. So stand by because that is coming up next in the News, Chunkie. One of the big stories this week, Moses. It is kind of a weird way to navigate, is this story about the young man is teenager, I believe Nolan Wells. I'm not sure how up on that one you are, but he was this guy in Mississippi who went out onto an island off the coast of Mississippi to party with his friends and then they left because there were some issues with their boat, and he kept partying on the island and then they ended up finding them dead later on that night. And the autopsy results are suggesting that, you know, this was a drowning and a terrible accident, but his family is just convinced that something the fairy has happened with his friends and his family lawyered up. They got that guy Ben Crump who gets involved in cases like this and they end up doing their own investigations and they have their own stuff going on. What do you do in cases like this? Like at some point the family is so determined that this was a nefarious murder, but it doesn't appear that the facts line up with that, right does a grand jury? Way in?
Speaker 2: I know they were talking about doing that.
Speaker 13: Well, ultimately, you know, it's up to the prosecutor as to whether they want to bring charges and they can you know, submit that to a grand jury if they want to, but there has to be some proof and some evidence. So you know, in these types of cases, the family has you know, basically paid a private investigator or an investigative service of some kind to go out and do their own investigation and try to gather evidence because they believe that law enforcement's not doing a sufficient job. And then they'll submit that to the state attorney or the prosecutor's office and they'll ultimately review and they make a decision. They have final say basically as to you know, who they bring chargers against. And yeah, there's a grand jury proceeding and things like that that they can utilize. But if they don't think there's evidence there, especially if a grand jury doesn't think there's evidence there, and there's not going to be charges brought.
Speaker 1: What about the friends here, because one thing I saw that's kind of crazy is a lot of this kid's friends. You know, he's young, he's a black kid, and the friends, the rest of the friend group is white. Right, so the family sort of thinks this is a race thing or something. There's absolutely no evidence to support that. In fact, they were his friends for God's sake. But the family gets upset about this. They get their attorney. This attorney, Ben Crump, is like hyping up these things, hyping up the race angles and some of these things like this. Yeah, and now the friends, who there's no evidence that they did anything wrong, they're getting death threats. There's people who are convinced that they murder this person. There's conspiracies for them, and some of them are lawyering up. Do they end up having a case, possibly even against the other attorney.
Speaker 13: Well, it depends what's being said about them, right, I Mean, if it's clearly defamatory and not supported by anything factual, then yes, they could have some sort of lawsuit against them for damages based on what was said and the ultimate damage that they face from that. But you know, if there's some sort of factual evidence to support that, then they may not have a lawsuit. So ultimately it's going to depend on what can be proven in a court of law. Now, you know, just because in this case they don't want to bring criminal charges, you know, the family can also try to bring civil charges against these individuals for some sort of negligence. But again, you still have to have proof there. It's a lower, lower burden of proof, it's a lower standard, but you still have to have evidence to support it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't see any evidence that they did anything, at least this far into it. You can ring us up if you've got something you want to ask Moses Triple eight four four three News. Oh, let's go over to Mike. Mike, are you with us? I am? Hey, Mike, go ahead. You got a question from Oh, yes, I do.
Speaker 15: There's an airbnb that I frequent up in Tennessee and I've stayed there so many times. The owners lived right in the property, right next door, and last time I was there, the owner approached me and said, Hey, if you ever want to save a little bit of money, just book with us directly and skip Airbnb. And I read somewhere I think that that's a bad idea because that cancels out the insurance that Airbnb provides. I was curious if you know who that insurance covers. I mean, does that is the Airbnb's insurance? Is that for me or is that for the owner? For both of us?
Speaker 7: Well, were wondering about liability, you know, a liability question like if it's winter time and like say I'm using a space heater or something like that catches the place on fire.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for the question after me, Yeah, thank you for the question. Make it's a good question saying if they if they go around to save a little money around Airbnb, is that bad? It could be.
Speaker 13: So you know, if you're in an Airbnb property, Let's say you get injured on their property. Something's wrong. Like we had a case one time where the guy ran an Airbnb. There was a dock and the dock was rotted. He fell through the dock. So then Airbnb has essentially homeowners insurance that covers it because you rented it through their platform, say with vrbo, with kind of all these services, it's usually a million dollar you know injury policy. Now in his scenario here, if you accident, let's see accially burned out the house with the space heater right, Well that there, there's going to depend if you're going outside the Airbnb or v vrbo platform or merbo, then it's going to depend on what kind of insurance the actual homeowner has. If they just have typical standard home owners insurance and they didn't disclose to their insurance company that they do short term rentals, then that claim is going to be denied.
Speaker 1: So it gets more complicated. Yeah, now the.
Speaker 13: Homeowner is going to be suing you saying, well, you started the fire, you need to pay for it. And that's where it gets complicated. So it does eliminate, you know, a lot of issues by going through the platform because they provide the proper insurance there. Now obviously ninety nine point nine percent of cases nothing happens, but if it does happen, you could be you could have an issue.
Speaker 1: Right, it's worth protecting yourself. I guess yeah. You know you you mentioned doc when you were talking about that, which flashed some in my mind. Did you see the story this week about that guy who was found guilty by a jury because he got into a fight with somebody that there were Yeah, the guy was drunk, I guess, and he hit the guy. I don't know if this is fund of Ruskin boat dock.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this shows it or not. This is like the whole case. But the guy punched the other guy and when he knocked him out, he fell onto the dock, and then he used his foot to push him into the water.
Speaker 2: And the man drowned, and so he was hell liable for his death.
Speaker 1: And watching that case, the jury came back fairly quickly with a murder verdict on this person. And I guess the guy's argument was like, I didn't drown him, I just knocked him into the water, right right, yeah, which I mean, it depends on what state.
Speaker 13: I guess this is Florida, right, yeah, I believe so if it was Ruskin, it was Florida Ruskin. I don't know what they convicted him. I'm assuming it's some sort of man murder second degree.
Speaker 2: This says.
Speaker 1: He was found good of first degree murder for pushing forty seven year old Melvin Jimenez off a boat dock at the Little Harbor Marina where this interesting. So I'm guessing here the debate was probably that little push he made with his foot right, yes, because that shows you know, some sort of intent towards, you know, actually murdering him versus a second degree murder or a manslaughter or even an involuntary manslaughter. Because we see cases before where there was actually a case here in winter Park a few a number of years ago where a couple of kids got into a fight. One threw a punch and you know, he hit the other one just right or just wrong. Guy died, and so there it's usually, you know, an involuntary or voluntary manslaughter charge. It was obviously an accident, but you're still liable for what happens to the other person. Here. I mean he that was more than just a little push. I mean he really pushed the guy in there. And we're watching it here. He walks up to him, right, the guy, they're both.
Speaker 8: On the dock.
Speaker 1: He's going to get his flip flops. He looks like he's a little drunk. Then he walks up to him, hits him, knocks him out. He gets knocked out because he hit his head on something. Then he grabs his legs and throws him into the water, And they said that's murder, that's first degree murder. Well, and I'm assuming he didn't jump into try yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And so you know, if we changed the scenario there, let's say he just threw one punch and the guy fell in the water, there wasn't that additional step of him grabbing his legs and dragging him off of the dock. Yeah, he would not be facing a first degree murder charge. Most likely he'd be facing probably some sort of manslaughter charge. But because he took that additional step, it shows intent to some degree. At least, the jury found that it showed intent to murder the individual by by pushing a you know, incapacitated, unconscious individual into the water. If he was defending himself and uh, and the guy ended up in the water, does he now have a duty to get the guy out of the water.
Speaker 1: It's a good question.
Speaker 13: So if you let's say they get in a fight, you know, self defense, he throws a punch, right, yep, the guy falls into the water. You know, typically there's not a duty to rescue in Florida. So if he's just threw one punch. He guy fell on the water, you know, and he may have a defense he didn't realize the guy was unconscious whatever.
Speaker 1: But usually there's not a duty to rescue. However, here, you know, if he.
Speaker 13: Was self defense, and even in this scenario, if he knocked him out but then took that additional step to drag him into the water, it's still murdered.
Speaker 1: Quick break. When we come back, we'll hear from you. Send a dispatch or an email tips at the news Junkie dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see when we come back.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about a couple of things we'll do, like sort of a grab bag segment. Oh, it's our final Are we already in our last second? Ye? My god. Final dispatches stories that didn't make the cut, And today I learned to wrap everything up for a Friday that's coming up next in the News Junkie Big Weekend Plans, Moses, are you finally just relaxing, for God's sake? Just hanging round For the most part, this guy has been in a whirlwind tour over there, just going from place to place.
Speaker 2: You come back and you gotta go to another place, and you got to go to a conference.
Speaker 1: It's a rough life rough life. I feel like the schedule of attorney conferences grows by the year. It's it's insane. It's a whole industry at this point. Was the Boston one nice because I remember it Seeland? Which one was the one that we kind of wanted to go to? Was it that, like, was that the Atlanta one or something? Or that the Atlanta one was crazy?
Speaker 13: I don't think they do that one anymore, but they know some of these conferences hired, you know, Josh and I went to one that like Boys to Men was atte That was the Atlanta one one year.
Speaker 1: I think that had Ludacrous. We didn't go to that one. But is it weird? I feel like it's it's like boys and Men performing for a super small group of people.
Speaker 3: Which do you think, Moses you would have known more of the words to Boys to Men or Ludicrous?
Speaker 1: I'd say it's actually probably pretty equal.
Speaker 13: I mean, Boys to Men had that one album that I feel like everybody knew, which they've obviously been banking on for the last four God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've been playing at Epcot for like a twenty years now, just off that one album alone.
Speaker 2: Ludaicris.
Speaker 1: Though, wait, when he's playing at like like a SeaWorld type event, I don't know every concert a SeaWorld just looks like a good time. It does like, what was it the Yang Twins that were playing Hell yeah, I mean they're just okay alumnus yeah yeah, right from that to SeaWorld and they're like just absolutely going nuts out there. But we should bring them back. They were we could do that. They were very they were affordable at the time. I don't know if they've gotten more expensive since since that. I wonder if they still cash in their airline tickets. I remember they were so specific. They weren't the only one that wanted to get paid cash. The only group that we had performed was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Juvenile, but Juvenile had uh we had like a down payment for him, and then we had to give him a rest in cash. Rappers like cash rappersh a friend of a friend, like my friend Barry knows some of the guys in Zach brownband and they did a song with Snoop Dogg and they had to pay him in cash to be a part of the music video. So they had to deliver him a paper bag full of cash just to be in the music video with them for the song that they did together, and I was like, man, they love cash these rappers.
Speaker 1: By the way, one of my favorite tweets of the week was about this, you know the story we talked about the TSA thing where the young kids stole the cannonballs and they put him in his mom's bag and then when they're flying through TSA, TSA freaks out because there's cannonballs there. The headlines were juvenile caught by TSA trying to fly with five cannonballs stolen from a Civil War fort in Alabama, and some of the tweets were like, oh, I didn't know Juvenile's game was on this level.
Speaker 2: He's bringing it back.
Speaker 1: Half of the people responding thought there was I think half of the tweet replies are all the juvenile the rapper. Everybody wanted that direction with it. Most is another thing we should talk about real quick. I know time is ticking on this THC drink situation in the United States. Texas this week already stopped selling them because they had a statewide ban on this. The federal thing. ABC Liquor is doing something. I think somebody emailed that over Courtney's signing petitions. You know, everybody's trying to get moving on this because there will be a ban come November of this year on these THC drinks and that went from nothing to a big portion of these stores. It took away a lot of business from people buying alcohol. Otherwise.
Speaker 2: At this point, what can anybody do?
Speaker 1: Is it just basically on the politicians whether they want to take up the issue or not. Yeah, basically.
Speaker 13: I mean, you know, I assume there's been some some heavy lobbying here, maybe by the alcohol industry or others, and so yeah, unless the lobbyists get back in there, the politicians change some of these laws, yeah, that's we're gonna be stuck with them.
Speaker 1: And then the companies are just screwed out of it. All of that industry that gets built up.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, the industry is gonna die obviously. Now the retailers may have some protection where you know, some of these companies may have to buy back the drinks, but if they file bankruptcy, then some of these retailers may get hurt too.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a catastrophe. I don't know if it'll do anything, but I think Courtney's like I'm signing a petition. I'm getting my name on there. They're trying to take our THHD drinks away. Seems pretty harmless, honestly. Actually. Janine sent an email saying I received an email from ABC Liquors saying the band was coming up for THHD drinks. Here's a link to reach out to Congress if you care to check it out. Have a great day. Yeah, a lot of people were spreading that around, so if you care about that, look for the link.
Speaker 2: Also see what else we have.
Speaker 1: There's anything else that I.
Speaker 2: Definitely need to mention before the end of the show.
Speaker 1: Oh Mo, there was something about this Luigi Mangioni case that I keep seeing. In the Luigi Mangioni case where he killed the healthcare CEO in New York City, his radical supporters are leading the charge, pushing for a legal loophole to be used. Even if a jury believes somebody is guilty beyond reasonable doubt, they can still let the person walk free if they think the law the person's accused of breaking is unjust. I've not heard of this before. Is this new to you? Like, if a jury agrees, yes, he's guilty of that thing, but we don't agree with the law and we think it's unjust. They could let Luigi Mangioni free.
Speaker 13: So I think what they're arguing is jury nullification, which basically happens when a jury returns it's usually a not well, it would be a not guilty verdict, but they return that vertic not because the evidence doesn't approve the crime, but because they disagree with the law, or think the law is unfair, or believe the punishment is too harsh. Now, it's extraordinarily rare and it's very difficult to argue, especially in a murder situation.
Speaker 1: Hmm, but it does.
Speaker 13: It does happen every Technically they could do it well. I mean, if a jury comes back not guilty, there's nothing you know, the court can really do as long as that's their true verdict. You can't really challenge the verdict. But what the underlying reasoning of that would be, especially if there's a case with a lot of evidence, you know, they usually suspect it would be dury nullification, which is very difficult to kind of make that argument, but sometimes it does happen, but.
Speaker 1: It's very very rare. It's like oh Hail Mary type essentially situation. Okay, all right, let's get the hell out of here.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Time to wrap it up for the week. Let's do today.
Speaker 5: I learned the.
Speaker 14: Following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 1: So don't get cocky.
Speaker 14: Now it's done, or what we call today.
Speaker 1: It is today learned for a Friday, July thirty first, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Josh, great job as well as on mediocre work.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that too. Appreciate that too.
Speaker 1: See Lane, try not to.
Speaker 2: Destroy your body any further this weekend.
Speaker 1: Please. You're all bruised and bandaged up. Your knees are going to hell. You've fallen over and knocked things down. Let's try and hopefully I don't get sick too. God only knows it. We'll be back on Monday.
Speaker 2: But here goes nothing today. Learn this guy right here, that's right.
Speaker 1: Bob Marley gave songwriting credits for this song No Woman, No Cry to his friend.
Speaker 2: He didn't write the song, he wasn't part of the song.
Speaker 1: He just wanted to give him some royalty so that they could support his soup kitchen that helped out poor people in Jamaica. In Kingston, very make up. It is as irie as ire gets Josh. That's my thoughts on it. And that brings us to the final one for the week today. Learn this band right here, that's right, Motley Kriw. Some one goes out to Antonio Pizza trying to shut down the smoke into the boys room. You know what I mean. Motley Crewe once paid, was paid a million dollars to be the opening act by some unknown group who launched their own tour. There you go, Moses, thank you, Thank you guys, and we'll see you all next week, same time, same place. Missed end of the show, Get the podcast over at the neewsjunkie dot com. We'll see you next time, everybody,