Speaker 1: For the back to back world champions of baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality. is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible.
Speaker 1: And while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can, they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers. This can't continue.
Speaker 3: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 5: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, Tim Cates.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this glorious Saturday afternoon as we get ready for the Dodgers and the Washington Nationals as your back-to-back World Series champions. 84-57 on this season, first place, and running away with the NL West. They got themselves a fight with the Atlanta Braves and the Milwaukee Brewers for the.
Speaker 3: Top two spots overall.
Speaker 6: In the National League with less than a month to go here in the regular season. After winning back-to-back games, the Dodgers give the ball to Tyler Glass now to look to make it three in a row. First pitch from Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium is coming up at 6 o'clock. Coming up here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You are going to hear from Snellzilla. Blake Snell, that's coming up in 45 minutes. We get you, of course, the pregame thought to the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. Up later, we'll get you a pitchy matchup. David Vasse joins us throughout the hour, of course. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. Charlie Steiner will stop by. Kirsten Watson from Sports in L.A.
Speaker 3: Will stop by. We've got your Otani Rewind.
Speaker 6: And in just a few minutes, we'll head out to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: At the Galpin Ford Broadcast booth.
Speaker 6: Well, last night, Snell was dealing while the Dodgers offense came alive for the win.
Speaker 3: Blake Snell, there's no doubt.
Speaker 6: When he's healthy, he's one of the best pitchers in baseball, and he's healthy right now. Six scoreless innings last night, scattered just five hits along the way, while striking out seven. Since coming off the I-L, Blake Snell has made five starts now, 3-0 with a sub-1 ERA. and 38 strikeouts. The Dodgers offense, meanwhile, able to get to national starter Jackson Kent in the third back-to-back leadoff walks to start the inning. Two batters later, Mookie Betts, an RBI single, gave the Dodgers a 1-0 lead. The very next batter, one of the hottest Dodger hitters, Teosca Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Kike Hernandez leading off third. Mookie Betts off first, 3-1. Line drive, left center field.
Speaker 7: That baby's going to go to the wall. In to score is Quique Hernandez. Mookie Betts is on his way home. Throw to the plate.
Speaker 1: Not in time.
Speaker 2: Head first slide.
Speaker 7: And the Dodgers have a 3-0 lead on the RBI double.
Speaker 6: For Oscar Hernandez. Two-run double for Teo. He drove in the game-winning runs the night before. Two more with that RBI double. That's the top-tier play of the game brought to you by Arco. Quality top-tier gas for Les Dodgers. A 3-0 lead to Oscar Hernandez, by the way. The last five games, he's 9-for-19 with three doubles, a home run. And six RBI. And the fourth, Dodgers added to that lead. Alex Call, leadoff double. He would come around and score later in the inning on a Nationals air as the Dodgers had a 4-0 lead. Blake Snell cruising along, putting up zeros. Did it again in the fifth.
Speaker 3: Another scoreless frame in the top of the sixth.
Speaker 6: In the bottom of the sixth, the Dodgers got something they hadn't seen in a while.
Speaker 3: A home run from Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 7: The 0-1.
Speaker 3: Tucker with a fly ball to right. Heading on back is Cruz, and it is gone.
Speaker 1: A home run.
Speaker 7: Kyle Tucker's 12th home run of the year, and the Dodgers now lead 5-0.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Are waiting for Tucker to warm up the bat. It's been a struggle. The last seven games, 158. The last 30 games coming tonight, 190.
Speaker 6: Kyle Tucker with the home run, his first since August 8th. His first home run at Dodgers Stadium since June 15th. Dodgers a 5-0 lead. Snell with the six innings. Edgardo Enriquez put up a zero in the seventh. Kyle Hurt and Tanner Scott combined to get.
Speaker 3: Out of the eighth inning. The ninth got a little interesting.
Speaker 6: Seth Halverson couldn't get an out. The Dodgers would give up three runs. Jack Dreyer come in, limited the damage. Dodgers get the win 5-3 last night over the Washington Nationals. maybe a little closer than they had liked. Blake Snell gets the win. He's now 3-0 since coming back from the injured list. Dodgers now 84-57 on this season. They've won two in a row, and they look to make it three straight tonight.
Speaker 3: With Tyler Glass now on the mound. First pitch coming up at 6-10.
Speaker 6: And with more, we head out to the Galpin Ford broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Nevrit and Rick Munday.
Speaker 8: Tim, thank you very much. Gorgeous day here at Uniqlo Field at Dodger Stadium. Going to be a wonderful evening as the Dodgers take on the Washington Nationals. Game two of this three-game series. Dodgers winning last night in game one. One back-to-back games now and looking for three in a row. Tyler Glasnow will make his third start since returning from the injured list. He's 4-0 with a. 279 earned run average. Big right-hander will take on a guy who's been a good surprise for Washington, Cade Cavalli, who is 12-5, but he's been their best pitcher this year. 3-12 is his earned run average. And some news and notes from around the Dodgers. This will be the third straight day, Mo, that Shohei Ohtani is not in the lineup, and they're going to have a conversation with him tomorrow. He's supposed to be hitting in the cage today. If he doesn't feel good tomorrow, the IL could be on the table, but as.
Speaker 2: Of right now, it isn't. Well, there's concern. You know, yesterday we heard another ailment, and that was the neck. So along with the left knee and the right biceps, it's the neck on top of it. But if we look back to what the last 12 games for Otani, he's not appeared to be himself in a lot of different areas, including just hitting 128, 5 for 39 in that particular stretch of games that he's played. And the Dodgers to say that they need him and they can use him is really an understatement. So in one particular time, that meeting tomorrow is going to be interesting to him for a lot of different reasons. Do you put him on the injured list and say, hey, look, we're just going to shut it down for a couple of days and then get better? Or are you running the risk if you activate him as far as putting him back into the lineup? Is one swing or maybe one step going to hinder him in getting healthier and healthier each and every day?
Speaker 8: Speaking of activating, the Dodgers have activated somebody you haven't seen this year. Bobby Miller, who has missed the first 142 games of the season, recovering from a right shoulder injury. He's been pitching in AAA, but he is active and available tonight. He has stretched out up to 50 pitches. He could be used in long relief tonight or maybe tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, joined the ball club yesterday. Officially then was on the taxi squad, but they made a roster change today, so he is active and raring to go. And you would imagine that the bullpen is going to be activated in tonight's game with Tyler Glass now going. And just his third start off the injured list, his tenth start overall. Perfect 4-0 to this particular point.
Speaker 8: Dodgers Nationals game two of this three-game set coming.
Speaker 3: Your way shortly, Tim. All right, thank you, guys.
Speaker 6: As we count you down to first pitch on this Saturday night, Dodger fans, get that.
Speaker 3: Game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 6: Order that Shakey's Pizza, Chicken Mojo's, Shakey's.com.
Speaker 3: We're off and running here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 6: Coming up, you're going to hear from the manager, Dave Robertson, about... 15 minutes. We'll check in with David Vassie, of.
Speaker 3: Course, throughout the hour.
Speaker 6: He's going to go high and tight with Blake Snell on this Snellzilla Saturday, as he calls it.
Speaker 3: We'll break down this pitchy matchup.
Speaker 6: But up next, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson as we lead you up to Dodgers and Nationals on this Saturday night. First pitch coming up at 610.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Case.
Speaker 6: This is the back-to-back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. On your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Nationals on this Saturday.
Speaker 6: Tyler Glass now. Kate Cavalli, the pitching matchup. First pitch from the ravine coming up at 610.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani Rewind. Presented by Mikado Shochu.
Speaker 6: Well, Shohei Otani not in the lineup last night, not in the lineup tonight. Three straight games that Otani has missed with the right bicep bothering him, the sore neck, and the sore left knee. Shohei Otani took some hitting in the cage earlier today and expects to talk to Dave Roberts and the coaching staff to find out tomorrow how he's feeling. Otani Rewind is presented by Nikaido Shochu, the official Shochu of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Discover Nikaido, discover Shochu.
Speaker 1: This is Kirsten's Corner with Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey, Kirsten out joins us, brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate today and that car can be picked up tomorrow that easy. Donate now at carsforkids.org. That's cars with a K. All right, Otani Watch continues. Day three and not in the lineup.
Speaker 9: Yes, still not in the lineup, but today is going to be hopefully a good day for Shohei Otani. He is actually going to be taking some swings in the cage, and Dave Roberts made it clear that With him taking this next step, they'll have a better idea as to how he feels coming out of it and what this is going to mean moving forward. Technically, the IL conversation is still on the table, but there was clarity that the IL for Shohei Otani would be a 15-day IL stint. And with only three weeks left of the regular season, I think there's kind of potentially some concern with it being that long and what happens if he is actually ready to go maybe in five days. or seven days. But ultimately, depending on how he feels coming out of the swings today, how he recovers tomorrow, they'll have a better idea as to just how they want to manage him moving forward.
Speaker 6: Looking at the lineup tonight, Kirsten. Freddie Freeman is back, but no Will Smith. What's going on with guys kind.
Speaker 3: Of in and out of the lineup?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, as I just mentioned, with only three weeks left in the regular season, Dave Roberts, they're trying to find ways to continue to build up players for, in the case of Will Smith, who is just coming back from that neck injury. And isn't really in a position to be playing every single day just yet. The good news is that he did just play in back-to-back games in these last two games. So today is an off day for him, and then he should be back in the lineup tomorrow. Then you've got Freddie Freeman. He had a routine off day yesterday. He's back in the lineup today. And Dave Roberts was sharing that. Their approach to closing out this regular season, yes, there's still some time and technically two road trips, but he does want to find ways to get guys off their feet to keep them healthy and ready come October. So the next guy we'll probably be seeing that has a day off is going to be Tommy Edmund, and then we'll probably see Mookie Betts get a day. But he's just going to kind of shuffle the lineup and get guys in there to keep some guys a little bit fresh and then also get some guys to kind of take a day here and there.
Speaker 6: Looking at tomorrow, what's the plan as far as pitching is concerned?
Speaker 3: Because I know Bobby Miller is now active.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so with Bobby, first and foremost, he is someone who could be a part of the pitching plan today or even tomorrow. Dave Roberts said he feels comfortable with him taking down multiple innings, getting up to at least 50 pitches. We have seen some usage. So there are a couple guys that are down in the bullpen. But Dave, he did add that he looks at tomorrow's pitching plan. Majority of the game is going to go to Justin Wobleski. So whether Justin starts or if they have an opener and then he takes down the bulk of the game, he is in that plan and he could be supported by Bobby Miller if need be. They're really just kind of finding ways. They're in the middle of nine straight, so just kind of finding ways to either give some rest to some of the higher leverage arms in the bullpen and see how we can eat up some innings. Because then on Monday, that's also a TBD, and Dave Roberts did say that they're going to have to make a move for that start on Monday as well.
Speaker 6: Final weeks of the season, always fun, and the Dodgers still in the playoff race as far as the top two spots in the National League, so it makes it even more intriguing, even though they're running away with the division.
Speaker 3: Kirsten, we appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game.
Speaker 6: Still to come here, Almarongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vasse goes high and tight with Blake Snell. Up next, though, an injury report, and we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Washington Nationals on this Saturday night.
Speaker 3: First pitch is 6-10. I'm Tim Cates. This is the back-to-back World Series champion Dodgers. Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino. Dodgers on 10. On your home for L.A. Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 6: Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and the Nationals.
Speaker 6: Morongo Casino Resort and Spa, a grand slam for good times.
Speaker 3: Tyler Glass now on the mound. First pitch coming up at 6'10. This is the L.A.
Speaker 1: Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Injury report presented by ucla health the official medical partner of the los angeles dodgers as we've discussed shohei otani sore knee elbow neck not in the lineup again today for the third straight day a couple of scratches from the initial line of the day roberts put out no dalton rushing he was supposed to be the designated hitter elbow discomfort hopefully more on that coming up in just a little bit also no max muncie he was in the lineup initially but He is not feeling well.
Speaker 3: He is sick, so he is out of the lineup as well.
Speaker 6: Eric Lauer on the IL. Roki Sasaki on the IL. Andy Pajas on the IL. Edwin Diaz and Will Klein all on the IL as well. Bobby Miller has been on the injured list and in AAA all season, but he was just activated today.
Speaker 3: To be some help out of the bullpen.
Speaker 6: Let's head back out to the ravine and check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 2: Anything else for Dave?
Speaker 10: Dave, do you think other questions for Dave?
Speaker 2: Dave, can you just describe? Dave, can you talk about the pressure?
Speaker 1: In the dugout with Dave Roberts. Brought to you by Concordia University, Irvine's Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration.
Speaker 11: My expectation is he's going to hit today in the cage. And so I think that, you know, once he hits and how he comes out of it, we'll be telling for tomorrow and obviously leaving his availability open for today. But tomorrow is more of a conversation. You know, if I if I hear that he comes out of it, fine.
Speaker 9: You had Freddie down yesterday.
Speaker 1: Of course, he's back out there today. Will Smith down today.
Speaker 6: How do you find just.
Speaker 9: Having to manage your guys, ones who are obviously continuing to get healthy, but just in general managing them.
Speaker 11: To pose out the regular season? Yeah, you know, this is a good one in the sense of there's nine days, nine games in a row. So front of mind is Tommy now. Will, just kind of the buildup. I think with Freddie, it's just good to get him off his feet. I think I've done a good job with Max. You know, Tommy's playing well, but I do think that, you know, getting him a day, and I think potentially that next series I'll give Tao a day. So, yeah, it's a balancing. And then the last one was probably thinking about Mookie. But it's good when you have good players and you can kind of backfill.
Speaker 1: Dave, depending on how the show comes out of hitting the cage today, would it be fair to say that if.
Speaker 11: There's not improvement by Sunday, the IL becomes.
Speaker 5: A more legitimate conversation?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think so.
Speaker 11: You know, the other part is, you know, where we're at right now. If it just makes sense that the other alternative, you know, whoever it might be coming up, makes sense for the short term. But yeah, if it doesn't feel good today, then that certainly should be on the table. You know, not necessarily. I think if we don't, you know, not necessarily. I think that, yes, we would lose the three back dates. You know, but also there's a chance, like we said the other day, that we could almost just be in bed with the idea that whether it's six, seven, eight days is better than ten days if he's trending in the right direction. I mean, as far as the IL. Oh, there you go. Then there you go. So I'm not clear on that. So if that's the case, then again, to not lose him for 15 days.
Speaker 2: Is meaningful.
Speaker 3: All right, there's Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some decisions need to be made because you certainly don't want Shohei Otani out for 15 days if it's not going to take 15 days for him to recover. That's Dave Roberts down the dugout. Dodger fans, great coaches build great teams, and great coaching starts with great leadership. Concordia University Irvine's Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration program. They got a $ 1, 000 scholarship for new students. They got multiple start times throughout the year. Find out more at cui.edu.
Speaker 3: Slash coaching.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: Coming up here on Dodgers on deck. We'll check in with David Vasse. Why the late scratch for Dalton rushing?
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 6: The elbow flaring up again. We'll find out next as we lead you up to Dodgers and nationals.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Cates.
Speaker 6: It's the back-to-back world series champion Dodgers audio network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Morongo casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Nationals game two of this three-game set on this Labor Day weekend. Tyler Glass now. First pitch at 6'10. Dodgers baseball brought to you by El Pato.
Speaker 3: Born in L.A. and made for your game day.
Speaker 6: El Pato brings authentic Mexican-style tomato sauces, salsas, and hot sauces right to your table. El Pato gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Cates on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 10: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger Insider, David Bassett.
Speaker 3: All right, David.
Speaker 6: Bobby Miller activated Kyle Hurt. Gets sent back down to AAA Oklahoma City. It's been a while since we've seen Bobby Miller.
Speaker 10: It really has.
Speaker 5: And I got to tell you, Tim, Bobby Miller in spring training told me that, yeah, my shoulder's not feeling that great. And he never threw during the six weeks of spring training. Not a lot of people notice that, but certainly he confided in me. Took a lot longer than Bobby Miller ever thought. He's here at Dodgers Stadium for the first time this season. He will be pitching out of the bullpen likely tomorrow, but possibly tonight. And here's what Bobby told me earlier today about this opportunity as a reliever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to be all in, especially with a team like this. You got to fully embrace any role you can get. So just being here is a blessing already. So whatever role you can get, you got to embrace it.
Speaker 5: Have you changed anything as far as your pitch mix? Have you consolidated things?
Speaker 4: Pretty similar pitch mix. Just trying to be really competitive in the zone with all my pitches. Get ahead of hitters, be in attack mode, especially when you're out of the pen. You just got to be in full attack mode all the time. Not get too finesse out there. But yeah, like I said, glad to be here, but at the same time, I'm trying to dominate as well.
Speaker 5: This is a very interesting arm coming out of the bullpen now, Tim, because if you remember Bobby Miller, as a starting pitcher was pumping 100 miles an hour. So if he can command his fastball and maybe sprinkle in his changeup and not try to use five or six different pitches, all of a sudden now you may have a very interesting surprise arm coming coming out of the bullpen so i hope he gets a real opportunity yeah.
Speaker 6: We'll see if it's tonight or tomorrow david is brought to you by ford summer sales event don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year go to buyfordnow.com or your southern california for dealer for more information ford official vehicle of major league baseball it's been a couple of changes to the initial lineup that dave roberts put out a couple hours ago david including dalton rushing what's.
Speaker 5: Going on Well, when I got here to Dodger Stadium, Dalton Rushing was throwing about a 90 to 100 feet, you know, just really long tossing and stretching it out like he has been, right? And then he took the next step in his progression, and the Dodgers had him throwing to bases, throwing from behind home plate to second base as a catcher would. And then all of a sudden, we find out that he scratched from tonight's lineup because of right elbow discomfort. You just hope that it's soreness from doing as much throwing as he did today, and you hope that he didn't cause more damage to that right elbow. We'll find out more after the game, but certainly concerning for a guy. The Dodgers were so optimistic that A, would avoid surgery on his right elbow, and B, could catch by the end of this regular season. So certainly a setback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 3: All right, David, great stuff.
Speaker 6: We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Dave's going to go one-on-one, of course, with Blake Snell on this Saturday. Coming up, we'll dive deeper into this pitchy matchup as well. But up next, your Dodgers magical moment. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Cates with the back-to-back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 2: What a home run!
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Nationals on this Saturday night. Tyler Glasnow, Kate Cavalli, the pitching man. We'll hear from Blake Snell coming up in about 15 minutes.
Speaker 3: First pitch set for 6-10.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hoffie magical moment. It's magical. Presented by Hoffie hot dogs.
Speaker 6: Now we go back to 2016 Dodgers and nationals game for the NLDS at Dodger stadium. Dodgers down two games to one facing elimination. Clayton Kershaw pitching on three days rest. Dodgers and nationals were tied at five in the eighth inning. Blake trying it on and relief. When the Dodgers were able to get a little two-out magic going against them, Chase Utley, a huge RBI single, gave the Dodgers the lead going to the ninth inning with Kenley Jansen on to close it out.
Speaker 12: Dodgers are one strike away from a trip to Washington that they so desperately want and need.
Speaker 2: Here's the 2-2.
Speaker 12: Ground ball slowly hit to the right side. Utley flips it to Jansen. Out at first, and the Dodgers hang on and win it 6-5.
Speaker 1: Next stop, Washington on Thursday.
Speaker 10: A one-game season.
Speaker 7: These two teams are now tied at two games apiece.
Speaker 6: Dodgers would win it 6-5 to force a Game 5 in which the Dodgers went to Washington, D.C.
Speaker 3: And pulled out a win. Remember, Clayton Kershaw came out of the bullpen and closed it out. in dramatic fashion.
Speaker 6: This Hoffie Magical Moment brought to you by Hoffie Hot Dogs, Hoffie, SoCal's local treasure for nearly 100 years. Hoffie Hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Morocco Casino, Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Charlie Steiner as we lean you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Nationals. Don't forget, we'll hear from Blake Snell coming up in about 10 minutes.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Cates. This is the Back-to-Back World Series Champion, Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of L.A. Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Washington Nationals on this Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Tyler Glass now. Cade Cavalli, the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Time now for the Verizon startup as we're 35 minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your SoCal Verizon store today. We welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 13: All right, Tim, we're down to the final 23 days and 21 games in the regular season. Dodgers and Nationals game two of this three-game series after the Dodgers 5-3 win last night. Dodgers at 84-57, 10 in front of San Diego, 10 in front of Arizona, and a magic number of 12. The Nationals 67-76, fourth place National League East. trailing Atlanta by 17, the Braves in Philadelphia tonight, Milwaukee at Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: First, a quick look back at.
Speaker 13: Last night, Mo, and Blake Snell was once again outstanding.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, he knows how to pitch. To me, he's like a conductor of an orchestra. I mean, he sets the tempo. I think he reads bats. I talk about this a lot. A pitcher that reads bats of the hitters. What do I mean by that? Well, a guy that maybe is overpowered with a fastball, a guy that's out in front of an off-speed pitch. Does he handle the ball inside? Is he having trouble with the ball away? And that's kind of how he conducts the business. And for him to go to six innings, no runs on the five hits, yes, he walked a couple of batters, and yes, there were a couple of stolen bases, and then a caught stealing on top of it. but he really sensed the tone once he takes the mound and he can avoid some bats.
Speaker 13: Since coming off the injured list August 11th, Gone 3-0, an ERA of. 93, 38 strikeouts and just 12 walks. And so today, off the injured list, is Tyler Glasnow. And he's going against a very interesting right-hander, Cade Cavalli.
Speaker 1: Who is he?
Speaker 13: Well, he's got a 12-5 record, a 3-12 ERA. And the Nationals have won eight of Cavalli's nine starts since the All-Star break.
Speaker 2: And he's done a very good job. And one of the things you look at, too, is how well he pitches. First of all, he can pitch out of tough spots. Why do I say that? Well, he's induced 14 ground ball double plays. And as we know, the Dodgers have hit into a large truck full of double plays, more than any other team this year. The other thing about Cavalli, if you look at when he gets ahead in the count this year, it's just a 182 batting average against him. So if he gets out in front early of a hitter, you may want to go into protection mode in the next couple of pitches.
Speaker 13: The Nationals have won eight of Cavalli's nine starts since the All-Star break, during which time his ERA is just 183 and opponents hitting just 188 against him. And then there's Glasnow, who's been very good since his return.
Speaker 2: From the injured list. Yeah, third start off the injured list, and we talked about the low batting average at Cavalli. Well, how about Glasnow? making his 10th start overall. Batting average against you, just 159 against the right-hander. Does it matter if it's lefty or righty? No, they're both hitting exactly 159 against him.
Speaker 13: So between Glasnow and Snell, off the injured list for sure, but they're They're healthy. The arms are sound. There's not been a whole lot of taxation on either of those arms.
Speaker 2: No, there has not been. And, you know, there's still questions about what's going to be happening with Shohei Otani. Not in the lineup tonight. And how much longer is he going to miss action? The two letters are still out there. I-L. Is that a possibility? Stay tuned.
Speaker 13: So Otani is missing three consecutive games. It's the first time since coming to the Dodgers where he's lost three in a row. Of course, he's got a left knee issue, a right biceps issue, and now a neck issue. He's battered and bruised. You and I were talking off air last night about Otani losing. his physical condition being what he is or what it is, can we realistically expect him to pitch heading into the postseason or in the postseason?
Speaker 2: I'm not one of the trainers. I don't know the level of discomfort that he has, but the neck, quote-unquote, just popped up yesterday as Dave Roberts is talking about it. So, I mean, there are some issues there. And if we look from a hitting standpoint, the last 12 games, Shohei Otani is 5 for 39. That's only a 128 batting average against. No home runs, no RBIs, but a very low batting average in that period of time, and he has not looked like himself. Today is September the 5th.
Speaker 13: He began his throwing program back on August the 8th, as Shohei Ohtani did, as a hitter since that time, hitting just. 204 with 19 hits in 93 at-bats and 32 strikeouts.
Speaker 2: So that's an issue.
Speaker 13: Whether or not he'll be back sooner or later, we're all going to find out together. The only thing we know for sure is he's not in the lineup today. Lineups and first pitch are coming up, Tim.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you.
Speaker 6: Charlie Dodgers baseball presented by Uniqlo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit Uniqlo.com slash US. Still to come, yeah, we'll get you those keys to the game. We'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup with Tyler Glass now on the mound. But up next, we go high and tight with Blake Snell. It's the Dodgers and the Nationals. First pitch coming up at 6-10.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim K.
Speaker 6: Is the back-to-back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. On your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Nationals on this Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Tyler Glass now. Cade Cavalli, the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Dodgers baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shakeys.com.
Speaker 1: And now, what will likely be Vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is High and Tight.
Speaker 5: This guy is on everybody's radar now, but he has not forgotten the little people, the guys that were there since day one, and that is my guy, Snellzilla, who is in disguise with the hoodie over his head because everybody wants a piece.
Speaker 10: Of the two-time, two-time Cy.
Speaker 5: Young Award winner, a guy that's thrown a no-hitter in his career, and a World Series champion. That's the one and only Blake Snell. Thanks a lot for the time, and I think everybody now knows. that you're joining us.
Speaker 2: You're a wild boy, man.
Speaker 10: Smelling the best. Thanks to you, Snellzilla. I got you with the cologne.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: I think that was the condition, right? You said, I need a good smelling interview. So I'm going to spray you with some of my top shelf stuff.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you got some Baccarat on. So yeah, you'll be smelling nice all day.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: And you were smelling nice last night after the game, six shutty against one of the best offenses in baseball. When you look at a game like last night, how much do you dissect or do you move on?
Speaker 14: I'll think about the next couple of days of what I could have done better, where I thought that I did really good.
Speaker 2: And then, you.
Speaker 14: Know, you create a plan of, okay, what are the areas that need to get better and what are the areas that need to stay consistent and continue to improve that gradually and kind of what I do so a lot of today is just really thinking going over really like understanding the way I felt in situations and then how to build and grow on.
Speaker 5: Them I never asked you this before I know you do your homework we see the snailzilla binder and the way you dissect a lineup before you go into a start but how much do you visualize success before a start.
Speaker 14: Uh yeah it's a good amount um Yeah, I just, I don't know, I just think of myself as the best in the world, and that's what I want to be, and that's what I'm chasing on being, and that's all I really care about, yeah.
Speaker 5: Do you feel that there are still doubts after everything you've accomplished in your career?
Speaker 10: People still doubt what you can do?
Speaker 14: Yeah, but they don't know me, so it don't matter.
Speaker 5: Hunter Fadusha told me in Detroit, he said, having a pregame meeting with you is one of the most enlightening moments greatest pregame meetings with the pitcher he's ever been part of because you have a plan when you walk into that room and you go down the lineup and I asked him whether it's like a rap cadence like what's the cadence of the whole meeting and he said yeah there's a little there's a rhythm to the whole thing yeah.
Speaker 14: There's definitely a rhythm um but yeah I like to go into it knowing you know where I'm going to attack where my success is going to be where I'm going to need to challenge them and their strengths and and then you the game will tell you you know you feel the game out and you go through it it'll tell you what you need to do when you need to you know get on the accelerator versus be more passive and yeah it's pitching.
Speaker 5: And you call your own pitches with the pitch com how much has that helped you and just you know getting everybody on the same page yeah i.
Speaker 14: Love it because you know if if i go up a hit or if anything bad happens you know it's on me it's not on the catcher it's on me um I can't.
Speaker 10: Be here like, why didn't you call it?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm the one calling it. So I love it.
Speaker 10: Blake Snell is our guest.
Speaker 5: When you look at this whole staff, it feels like you guys really feed off each other. What kind of competition in a good way is there amongst yourself, Scooble, Glassnow and Yamamoto?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's, it's amazing.
Speaker 14: You got four, you know, a starters, um, And we're all competing against each other, but we're all pushing for each other to be great. You know, set the bar high and the next person to set it even higher. So I've loved this staff since I've been here with Glass, Yama, Shohei. I've really loved our starting staff. I think we all get along. We all support each other. We're all pushing in the same direction. We all want to be great. And that's an amazing thing. And then now adding Scooble to the mix. I mean, he's fitting perfectly, and he's only getting better. He's getting more comfortable. He's starting to get his understanding of the game. We're starting to understand what he likes to do. It takes a little bit of time, so let that time happen, and then, you know, he's been pitching good anyways, but I know he's going to pitch even better.
Speaker 10: Yeah, do you feel like we've seen the best of Scooble yet?
Speaker 14: No, I think, I mean, tough first innings has been kind of the cadence with him lately, and It's him feeling it out. Once he gets going and gets that rhythm and he's comfortable, he's going to be the Scooble everyone talks about.
Speaker 5: Blake Snell is our guest. Before I let you go, I've got to let you in on something you would appreciate. My fifth-grade son was at his friend's house. They're playing MLB The Show, and they said they put you to the test on MLB The Show. And I said, hey, did Snellzilla pass?
Speaker 1: And he laughed.
Speaker 10: He said, of course he did.
Speaker 14: Yeah, of course it's right, but honestly, my card in the MLB The Show is trash. You need a sinker and a cutter to be good in that game bitching.
Speaker 10: So you say they're shortchanging you on the card even though you pass?
Speaker 14: I just know that he loves me, period. So I appreciate that, but that card's trash.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: Hey, The Show, clean it up. You got to give Snellzilla some love. Now everybody's texting me. Everybody's calling this guy a savant. You should have known that before. You got to believe before you seek.
Speaker 2: Why are you hating?
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: I'm here for you. Thanks a lot for the time. Can't wait to do this again on another Snellzilla Saturday.
Speaker 14: I can't wait either, man. Appreciate it.
Speaker 5: And Blake Snell will receive a gift card to Capitol Grill. Capitol Grill in Burbank, possibly. An upscale, relaxed spot with a great bar, great steaks, and maybe a two-time, two-time Cy Young Award winner hanging out.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 10: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Snellzilla Saturday. It is a, well, it's a thing of beauty.
Speaker 6: As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Nationals on this Saturday night. Coming up, we'll dive deeper into this pitchy matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Case. This is the back-to-back World Series champion, Dodgers. Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino. Dodgers on tape.
Speaker 12: On your home for L.A.
Speaker 1: Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Washington Nationals on this Saturday night. First pitch from the ravine coming up at 610.
Speaker 1: And now, before the Dodgers hit the diamond, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Brought to you by your Toyota dealers, we make it easy. Cade Cavalli, by far the ace of this Washington Nationals staff.
Speaker 3: 12-5 with a 3-12 ERA.
Speaker 6: He's only 28 years old, big right-hander, first-round pick of the Nats back in 2020 at the University of Oklahoma, making his Major League debut in 2022.
Speaker 3: This year, he's now made 29 starts.
Speaker 6: Tonight is start number 30, tied for the most in the major leagues. Cavalli ranked 7th in the National League in strikeouts, top 10 in ERA. Last time out, Cade Cavalli, four no-hit innings, eight strikeouts, This was in a no decision against the Miami Marlins.
Speaker 3: In the month of August, Cade.
Speaker 6: Cavalli, six starts, 4-1 with a 175 ERA. How about his last nine starts? He's 7-1 with a 183 ERA and a 188 opponent's batting average. Tonight is his first career start against the Dodgers. Cade Cavalli, by far the ace player. on this Washington Nationals pitching staff. Tyler Glass now, he'll go for the Dodgers. He is 4-0 with a.
Speaker 2: 279 ERA.
Speaker 6: The 33-year-old right-hander in his 11th season now in the big leagues, his third with the Dodgers. Like Blake Snell, he's been hurt a lot of this season, making just his 10th start. He made seven starts before getting the back spasms in May, then didn't return until August 25th. Now his third start since coming back off the I.L., Last time out, seven innings, one run, two hits, six strikeouts, and a win over the Tigers in Detroit. Before that, his first outing was against the Braves, in which he gave those three runs in the first inning, but then locked it down the next four innings. In eight career games, five starts against the Washington Nationals. Tyler Glass now is 3-1 with a 5.85 ERA.
Speaker 3: He faced them back on April 4th at Nationals Park.
Speaker 6: He allowed just two runs over six innings while striking out a season-high nine batters. Tyler Glass now and Cade Cavalli, the pitching matchup. It's the Dodgers and the Nationals as we are 15 minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 3: Keys to the game are coming up next. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Case. This is the back-to-back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Washington nationals on this Saturday night. Tyler Glass now. Cade Cavalli, the pitching matchup. Tyler Glass now 4-0 on this season. Looking to get to 5-0. No Freddie Freeman in the lineup last night. No Shohei Otani in the lineup last night. Freddie Freeman is back. Shohei Otani is not. Of course, Max Muncy was scratched as well. He is under the weather and not feeling well. So a different looking Dodger lineup tonight with Tyler Glass now on the mound going up against one of the best pitchers that the Washington Nationals have. In Kate Cavalli, first pitch coming up at 6.10. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo start.
Speaker 3: Great moment. Start with Sapporo beer, whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 6: Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing lagers, including light and non-alcoholic beers. Sapporo, good with sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth one final time. Tim Nebret and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 2: Tim, thanks again.
Speaker 8: We're getting you ready for the first pitch of this one, and Tyler Glasnow.
Speaker 1: Will throw it.
Speaker 8: 4-0 this season for the 279 ERA. He'll make his 10th overall start in his third since returning from the injured list last time out against Detroit.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 8: Seven innings, allowed only two hits and one run in Sunday's win over the Tigers.
Speaker 2: He's not allowed many opportunities, just a 159 batting average against him. Tonight, the 10th start, he's given up just five home runs. On the flip side, the Dodgers have to figure out how to get to Ken Cavalli because he has really been a big, big story for the Nationals. 30th start, he's 12-5, gives up a very low batting average against him. He helps himself out. Ground ball double plays, 14 already this year.
Speaker 8: He'll become just the second pitcher in Major League Baseball to make his 30th start. The Marlins' Sandy Alcantara is the other. Cade Cavalli against Tyler Glasnow, Dodgers and the Nationals coming up from Uniqlo Field at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 6: All right, Dodgers first place atop the NL West, 10 games up on the Padres, 10 and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks. As we speak, both those teams are losing in their respective games. The Milwaukee Brewers have the best record in baseball, are in a rain delay in the bottom of the fourth inning in Cincinnati with a 2-1 lead, but that game again is in a rain delay. The Atlanta Braves already lost today, so the Dodgers have a chance to pick up some ground and take over second place as far as the National League standings are concerned.
Speaker 3: But Tyler Glass now on the mound.
Speaker 6: When we come back, Dodgers need to take care of business, make it three in a row in the win column.
Speaker 3: First pitch when we return. Enjoy it.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Cates, and this is your back-to-back World Series champion, Dodgers Audio Network.