Speaker 1: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: The Beaverville Come on, man, I woke.
Speaker 3: Up yesterday morning with us bring ads to start later, please, I could never know if the day was us forward.
Speaker 2: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demograph. Yeah, super duper. That's nice. Fight a go Nito Gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 4: It is the thirteenth day of November twenty twenty five, almost half over is the month of November. Good morning, My name is Chris Hacking. Here we are on the Patrick Morning Show. Ben Lieber, Tom Pella, Sero, Tommy Olsen and Fargo flash on the phone today. All of that. You know, it's a heavy football Thursday is what we do. Let's get her started. Here's Kathleen madigame on some comedy on gambling. Patrick Morning Show on a beautiful Thursday morning, best day of the week. Now you come on in. I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 5: I did teach myself a gamble on my phone.
Speaker 4: That was pretty exciting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, drab Kings, Bet, MGM FANDUL all of them. But here's a little warning if you have an addictive personality, I just a little recommendation. I would turn the notifications off because that is one hundred percent the devil's doorbell every five seconds.
Speaker 6: Bang, hey, Kathleen, there's a cricket match starting in Mumbai.
Speaker 4: In four and a half minutes. Do you want to get a bet in?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, got yet, Narne.
Speaker 1: Gotta how you know?
Speaker 5: I have play cricket, but there's only two teams.
Speaker 4: I got fifty to fifty chans right out.
Speaker 5: Of the gate, set it down literally four minutes later. Bang, hey, Katleen.
Speaker 6: There's a women's tennis tournament starting in the Eastern Europe. Would you like to bet an individual players? Yes, sunny lady, that ends in Ova. I want fifty dollars on all the OVA. Surely one will win and then I'll cover that bet.
Speaker 2: The freaks leaping.
Speaker 4: The feet us on your side. You hear the distance unders this and in you strid.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: There's an endless list of feelings that a human being can experience, but I would argue one of the ten best feelings on the planet. This has got to be top ten. Mourning of a Vegas flight vibes right, Yes, the top ten feelings. Sure, adult relations and watching your kid succeed and my son right personal success.
Speaker 8: It's sure all those things feel great. Morning of Vegas flights. That's a top ten feeling. Yeah, I'm jack to the team, Sure you are.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. But I'm also excited to be here because I love you. Guys. What a nice twist that was. It's true. Alitially Mahog's daddy there.
Speaker 8: Is especially so I'm not so much Zach or myself, but definitely the hogs daddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, mahogs daddy.
Speaker 9: So you're super pumped to see him because he's the one that will wire me money.
Speaker 2: Yeah I would, Yeah, he would. I don't know if he's an enabler and hawk what happens if I disappear?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not looking for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have that pack together.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make sure everybody knows it. It's all part of the plan.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Do you know where Sauce is?
Speaker 2: No, Yep, he's practiced.
Speaker 4: Yep. M let him go, Let him go.
Speaker 8: We've already heard your flight has not been impacted by the delays or cancelation that was.
Speaker 2: From Zacho yesterday.
Speaker 4: We don't know that for sure.
Speaker 9: We don't know that technically. Yeah, well, best of luck, thanks man. I mean a million other things could go wrong. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, h I'm not worried about it. I'll be with cool people, so it doesn't.
Speaker 8: Matter, right, But I mean not to be fatalist year, but there's a lot of things that could go wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, I don't worry about that.
Speaker 8: I mean, car accident on the way to share. It could break your ankle walking down the hallway.
Speaker 4: What if today's the day they all find out.
Speaker 2: Oh no about my bad foot, you have a bad foot. I don't know. It's just going along with the bit.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say this. Is there any chance your names.
Speaker 2: On the list? Uh no, there's no emails, No sir.
Speaker 4: No, you weren't buddies with anybody in particular, No, sir, anybody ever come in the cigar shop?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: No, wow, not that I know of, damning hesitation. One gentleman that was a big time swinger. Yeah, and uh and it was well known. Oh yeah, he like wrote up he like owned a website and like, uh wrote like a weekly wrap up and then uh oh yeah for swinging.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a newsletter basically, yeah, a newsletter for it. Oh yeah, this is I.
Speaker 4: Need to investigate this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and great, dude, dude, super nice if you never known that about it and be like, oh.
Speaker 2: Well yeah exactly. I was gonna say it's I mean, you could be like, well that's I'm not a big fan of that lifestyle. But if if the guy's open about it, honest about it, he is a consenting adult, he can.
Speaker 4: Do whatever he wants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can be an unbelievable person and be a swinger. He was super into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, as long as everybody knows their swinging exactly correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'd love to know. And there it is. Please please please though, what exactly? Because was the newsletter the ladies that he's slayd or what? Or is it just like just coming events shooter style? It was like upcoming ye things left in my notebook.
Speaker 9: It was party upcoming events, like how the events he and his uh wife attended?
Speaker 2: How that went? And then a cavalcade of pictures. Pictures were you on this newsletter?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: But like he showed me a couple of he showed me printed him out.
Speaker 9: Okay, that digital newsletter, digital newsletter.
Speaker 2: Digital news printed on what print company is gonna just absolutely just hand out. You know, sure, I'll do your uh your flyers for your swing. My god, Today, Lemon and I.
Speaker 4: Went to the swingers party. Nothing but big floppy gloppies there. But you know what they say, don't knock it till you try it. Speaking of knocking it, I ended up in a three ways with a greyhound and an elephant.
Speaker 1: It was like.
Speaker 2: User, yeah, but it was a website and.
Speaker 4: H your diary. I keep trying. She gives this chunky guy the cigar shot. They hint my wife's in the giant heads. Speaking of giant heads, let me tell you what happened down at the swingers club last night. And walked a man named Pete Sauce. This is how it sounded. But I don't know how to spell that. Speaking a spell that, how do you spell fargo flesh?
Speaker 8: I see about a guy that's capable of writing a swingers newsletter. That means you've been to so many swingers parties that you need to update the rest of the world, right, which means if any of us ever started swinging, the first party would be like, oh my god, you won't believe what happened.
Speaker 2: Epic story, right, This guy.
Speaker 8: Has been to so many that in the newsletter he probably reviewed the food right, like unbelievable atmosphere. The party was a plus, but man, the beignets were just less than desirable, Like you.
Speaker 2: Gotta you know what I'm saying. Yeah, basically because the rest of it's pretty standard. Yeah, that's my nine thousand swingers party. But god, no pun intended. The spread wasn't that great.
Speaker 4: My only complaint was that everything was covered in Mayo. Man, I don't believe swingers parties exist. I mean, somebody out there correct me ifrom and email you, Yeah, I just can't believe those are real. I think that they're just made up.
Speaker 2: And what you're saying is if there are digital newsletters with upcoming events and parties and pictures, prove it at Hockett.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I you know, I got I would guess that you gotta be real good at keeping your mouth shut, and I you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a lot of that. Yeah, after they're over.
Speaker 4: But sure, well true, good point. I mean, you got to be opened to anything.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, but what am I signing up for?
Speaker 4: I don't believe they're they're real. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Hockeyk frid dot com. I mean, like, wow, where could these things possibly be and what happened to those things? I can't imagine. There's not real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's a huge comunity. Yeah quagmire. Yeah he did. You'll see any quagmire there, Yeah, rock Bottom.
Speaker 8: It would be if you were the person in charge of writing the newsletter, but you weren't participating.
Speaker 2: Oh he yeah, he participated. I believe it.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying if that was your job, like hey, you know, hey, tiny tim over there, why don't you write the newsletter for all my escapades?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah? He uh yeah.
Speaker 9: The website was like this is probably fifteen probably fifteen plus years ago, when the website wasn't like what websites are today, So you'd be like, that's a grainy picture. But oh my god, that's like ten people. Oh yeah, oh yeah, ten people all at the same time. I'm gonna need to see this to believe it.
Speaker 4: Ten people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh yeah? Do they?
Speaker 4: I mean, is anybody accepted to these things or do you know, just I'm just out of curiosity, like do they accept that? Oh no, Like it's like fifty five year olds you know that are a little only overweight side, but seem happy and cool.
Speaker 2: I'm sure. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do they need guys that ain't gonna write people?
Speaker 2: If you know what I mean, well, exactly what they're looking. How many swingers party? How many swingers party? Sauce you said to maybe read a newsletter or two in the past. How many swingers parties? Are super pumped when a fifty five year old guy shows up by himself, going, who wants to party?
Speaker 7: So question?
Speaker 4: Ask for a friend?
Speaker 9: So I think, if I remember correctly, I think he told me that if you show up as a couple, you're welcome. If you show up as a single adult, like a single mostly a man, you have to be invited.
Speaker 2: I think was the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, never been a single woman that showed up by yourself?
Speaker 2: Correct? No?
Speaker 4: I mean, and if I'm wrong, prove it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, true story. Yeah, women don't like sex. Prove him wrong. Caft know what you're talking about? No chance you do. I think I'm wrong. Email Chris, Email Chris. Yeah, who's Chris?
Speaker 7: I mean?
Speaker 8: Yeah, hawk dot conch is not for anything personal. That's our reach, research email address, all of our data.
Speaker 2: Yeah, life is show. Yeah, got newsletters next level not just participating.
Speaker 8: Not just something go in the front yard or wearing the pineapple shirt to lows like Elizabeth husband did.
Speaker 4: Didn't a j do a blog for a while?
Speaker 2: I think it was about the show lost? Uh huh, but yeah, that's correct, it was a blog. I lost some uh.
Speaker 4: Inhibitions. Dear, Yeah, wants me to attend a swinging party and I am nothing a humble servant. Speaking of servant, I served up some d.
Speaker 2: Chris. You're a You're a person that likes to get out and about. Right. You don't like to spend a ton of time just sitting there. I have a real hard time, right.
Speaker 8: You like to get out and about You should do what Elizabeth Reese's husband did. You should throw it. Not that he did it on purpose, this is how he learned about it. You should throw on a pineapple shirt and just shop, like just spend all day every day, just like mcgonda exactly wearing that shirt and just you know, it's like advertising and just drop you a line in the pond and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Have you not already?
Speaker 4: But if I walk around with one of these things, is there gonna be aneapple costume?
Speaker 8: Inflatable costume Vegas. You should wear that, and I know what this is. By the way, I think you're right. I think Sauce is making this up. I think none of this is true. There's no chance none of this, none of this is accurate.
Speaker 2: I can speak to this, but you guys, I don't imagine.
Speaker 8: I don't think anything is I don't think any of this is right, and I disagree. I think people should email Chris at hacket Cafe dot com if we're wrong, because I think it's an absolute man a famous wrong hawcket Cafe dot com.
Speaker 4: I got to do a power trip investigates.
Speaker 8: Yeah, with video cameras multiple to your thoughts on swinger parties. Oh boy, yeah, here we go.
Speaker 4: I got a few sources like Real Live, Oh, good morning a Jay, Sorry.
Speaker 10: Friends that have been to these and well, there's like public places, so where Saucy's going, there's a very well known place where you can go in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Huh, it's a very well known place. We learned about that one place. Oh when we were in the Uber and he would not stop talking about he wanted to take us there were well, he wanted to take us there, Like buddy, we have the Uber books to the airport we're leaving. He's like, there it is, I'll drop you off. I'm like, I have all my stuff. And we kept saying like we told totally get it. If we just landed in Vegas. You're taking us to terminal too, Like we're out of here, buddy.
Speaker 1: Next time.
Speaker 4: Maybe you guys obviously looked extremely hard.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you guys looks like, where's the guy that's totally with you?
Speaker 2: Oh he's there, Chris.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so sweet.
Speaker 2: He was a reverse tour guide. He was telling us everything that we had missed the second we sat down in that uber. You guys, you guys want we know you're trying to sell drop us of this guy pop looking to piranhas no here, It's it's not for straight men. No, it's pretty one sided.
Speaker 9: Well they accept me though, Well, yeah, maybe not as one sided as it gets, because I.
Speaker 2: Mean, well, there's another place. There's something for everybody. There's one. There's one.
Speaker 10: There's one place out there that's well known for swinging, well known red roosters.
Speaker 2: Have you guys heard of it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, look up, saucy, take a look at it. When you're where is it on the strip I'm not. I swear to god, I have not been there. I have a good friend though it has been. So it's a it's a bar that ends up being a swingers bar.
Speaker 10: Yes, so like yes, yeah, then guys have to pay a couples show for free, and then girls show up for free.
Speaker 8: So it's a place to meet and then you go hook up somewhere else, or it's legitimately like a hook up place where that's what actually happens at the facility that.
Speaker 2: I can't speak to. I don't know. But then cor when I was in New York, I got a lot of stories about this. Oh boy, when I was in New York, I go out there a lot for work.
Speaker 10: Right, I'm sitting there with my boss at a bar, and a random lady walks up and she goes two blocks. She's like a recruiter for this sex swinging place. And it's exactly what Saucy says. She goes, guys, oh forty at the door. Girls get in for free, couples get for free, you get a locker, there's spas, there's all this, there's bedrooms.
Speaker 2: How quickly did she start telling you this? Did she just say like, Hi, I'm so and so, and here's what I'm here for, like no wasting time.
Speaker 10: Within a matter of us sitting down, having our drinks set down, and she was like, Zach, sit next.
Speaker 2: To me and immediately said, Hey, do you guys want to party? Here's where you can go. Here's the costs? Yes, blue or mine? That's a recruiter.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: Well and you looked so oh yeah, you know, my buttons are all the way down.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just her only thought was does this guy have forty bucks? Yeah? So how he might a couple of quick hitters here before we go to break one.
Speaker 9: It's got a Wikipedia page, red rooster, yeah, and it's not very long, but it just says it was created in nineteen eighty two and it's the oldest swingers club in the Las Vegas area. Rick Villa Join on Google Reviews says it was creepy to say the least. It felt like we set back to the nineteen eighties. The best way to put it is if it looks like a vf W hall with porn on the TV.
Speaker 4: Wow, I like this.
Speaker 2: The lady bartending was rude.
Speaker 9: We were never offered a tour or rules breakdown, and when we left early the old lady Bartending threw ice at us as we were leaving. Didn't have a good time. Oh frozen water. Ben Ben Dover also waited. He had a much better review. What did that long, mister Dover, saying long overdue, but must be written. Went to the Red Rooster for a great experience. Me and my girlfriend came in from out of town. Thank god we did. Oh he loved it.
Speaker 2: The bribe was popping, Thank you God. I love this place.
Speaker 9: Only down so that was the plumbing issue they had going on that weekend.
Speaker 2: Tour.
Speaker 9: Down by the end of the night, and the other two it lost water because the plumber shut it off.
Speaker 8: Oh see, that's that's why you vegas your way. I just want to go to raising canes and play cards. You guys go to the Red Roofs.
Speaker 2: You want to deal with plumbing issues and I want to play slot. Is storing ice at you?
Speaker 9: So you were literally going on a filled toilet, which was nasty, but we pulled through. Rosie speaking of him, definitely an older crowd. I thought it was really well mixed with younger people, though we were also middle aged.
Speaker 2: I'll be definitely visiting it again. Only forty dollars for couples you guys rock that's hold on.
Speaker 4: Somebody's at the door.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's what do you have the beaver?
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 2: He's right to the port. Have you been else, Rosie? I'm fixing to day.
Speaker 1: Sir, sir.
Speaker 8: Sorry, it's forty dollars to get in. Yeah, forty American dollars, sir, sir. It's forty bucks, sir, you can't. I'm stupid, all right. I guess he's not coming in.
Speaker 2: He's texting Mark Parish.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's forty bucks. What you don't get in for free? Forty dollars? Please? That's going deep there. Well, well you gotta pay, I mean admits buddy. Yeah, I'm not against script joints. Well, then payof y gotta pay the place? Uking wet okay, Power Morning show after this on the fan hard.
Speaker 4: Good morning parts of More Show. Here we are Thursday, best day of the week. There is Tommy Wilson.
Speaker 2: Freaking Tommy. Look at him? How excited? Well think about you guys, get one of like my coolest friends on tomorrow.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say, are you more? Would you be more excited if you were playing initials tomorrow? Or if Adam Weber was playing Initials tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Honestly, if if you told me like ten years ago that Adam Weber is gonna be on here, I'd been like, oh my god, this is the coolest thing ever. But in the last ten years we've been able to like we've gotten closer through like alumni stuff.
Speaker 2: He's you, guys, wait till you what, Like he talks.
Speaker 10: Like this without even trying, and he's just like you can just tell he's got a twelve in chance.
Speaker 2: Okay on Yellowstone.
Speaker 10: Why does he talk like he's ave five I mean four year starter for the ghost all the time is what he means.
Speaker 4: Just like there's just no blood flow.
Speaker 8: Because but like everybody says, he's a great dude too, you know, like, what do you think of someone with a raspy voice, Like they kind of glare your eyes when you do that impersonation he naturally has.
Speaker 2: He's got that yeah.
Speaker 10: Faces you looking at him and you're like, God, and then you're going to miss this, So him, you're not going to be here for this. You know what's the craziest part. Him and Decker were best friends and they lived together. Could you imagine sit down, please.
Speaker 2: Imagine those not kidding be think of those two walking in the blarney. It's it just doesn't everybody else should just leave, yeah, correct. Ask him about Eric Decker had a locker room shoot in college.
Speaker 3: Before yeah, see came over, but he did before he was he had it when he was in college.
Speaker 2: But like Weber and he were best friends.
Speaker 10: And the only reason I got kind of sucked into these guys because Hazey so Hazy was the other captain and Hazy is just a dog, but Hazy a good looking cat as well.
Speaker 2: But yeah, asked about all his old escapades, wait to talk about all those on the show. He's like, you, guys, he has so many records. He's an all timer. Yeah, Like he's a freak. If he think he had four seasons there, four different offensive coordinators, the best quarterback they've had.
Speaker 10: Yes, even statistically wise, he was for Tanner Morgan had that one really good year. But like, other than that, he's the guy, like he's the only one that really made it in the league. Max Yeah, yeah, I mean Max if unfortunately only one year of Max. Otherwise Max definitely would be in the conversation. If Max starts in the league, he'll be the first guy since Mike Hohense back in like eighty one.
Speaker 2: Pretty good game. Well he might, JJ's hurt. He's pretty good. What are you looking up? GQ found it. He's naming the East Coast gas stations or the boat skymu. Wow, you guys, that's gonna be so cool. Yeah, thanks for booking. Yeah, are you really?
Speaker 10: And his dad was a super good athlete at the US. He's got a cool story, really cool story. Excited to meet him and then he was with Tebow it with the Broncos. Yeah, it'll be awesome, be really cool.
Speaker 2: Man is he Is? He a smart cat?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Will he potentially do well? I think, well, he's great.
Speaker 10: He's like great in your guys' era, so that always helps when he's around your age.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know. I don't know how he's into like pulp culture.
Speaker 7: He is.
Speaker 10: We shall see you tomorrow. That'll be super cool because I appreciate the booking. Of course, because I didn't know he coached too, and like college football as well.
Speaker 2: Very he didn't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And then of course one of the other reasons we're having him on tomorrow is because the Gophers go at number eight Oregon tomorrow night of Friday night lights.
Speaker 2: For the Minnesota Golden Gophers. The one thing we got.
Speaker 10: Kind of got going for us that they were just in that meat grinder at Iowa, absolute meat grinder.
Speaker 2: Cold, rainy, short week now Friday. That's all we got. They're good. What is it, Slaust twenty five and a half. It's really like we're playing Josh. They're that good, Like you guys.
Speaker 9: Their defenses one we talked about off the air, Tommy, this is the point where these fringe playoff teams have to pound people.
Speaker 2: They have to and like if they blood in the water like if Eric again Zach JQ photographic evidence. But their defense is phenomenal.
Speaker 10: The only thing we can hope is that their offense kind of slows down, like it kind of has all year, but they always find a way to put up big numbers.
Speaker 2: So if we can hold them, stay in the game. We'll see home game for them Friday night and e Gene, that's sick. I'll run on the field. Yeah, why, I bet he'll be there. Pat Kessler, Oh yeah, Oregon, Yeah, Oh yeah, I bet he's pretty good. Is he out there? He goes time they go to like every road game. I bet he goes. Yeah, did he spit? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Yes, you is going to take any moment today in the first half hour of the show to remember old Dirty Bastard. He died on this day twenty one years ago, That old dirty bastard.
Speaker 2: Dang, it had really been that long years ago.
Speaker 4: November thirteen, two thousand and four. That Old dirty Bastard.
Speaker 2: Scene there, Oh he died. How many members of the Wu Tang clan or left? Most of them?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Most? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Was he in the Wu Tang clan?
Speaker 2: Sure? Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 4: I just knew he was an old dirty bastard.
Speaker 2: He was an old dirty bastard.
Speaker 4: You have a bunch of different nicknames.
Speaker 2: Sure, are you being serious? Oh yeah, big you remember? I even know what that is? Yeah he was.
Speaker 8: Oh well, let's just say, Tommy, he would have been right in your wheelhouse if you had been born when we were born.
Speaker 2: Harny, No, it's just sure. It's a lot of bangers. Oh really yeah, old dirty Yeah got your money you know that one? Oh yeah, I got your money, don't you know? That's him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What about you down with dB else you look up old dirty Bastard he's got and he's been dead for twenty one years. You down with ODB No, No, that's different. No, nope, the overdose did he die? I forget he was too cool. I mean, he was young, so it must have been something tragical because of death.
Speaker 9: They was a drug overdose, lethal mixture of cocaine and the prescription opioid tramodol is here.
Speaker 4: He got an erection and all the blood rushed out of the rest of his body.
Speaker 9: He died.
Speaker 8: It lasted longer than four hours. Zachary, if you were on his Wikipedia page, how old was he? Thirty six? So he was a young, dirty bastard when he died. I'm sorry his son, I'm sorry he was thirty five. He would have been thirty six two days later. Oh his name is young dirty son goes by young dirty back. Yeah, hold is thirty six. He's currently thirty six. Oh man, middle aged dirty bastard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I heard a comedian.
Speaker 2: He is the eldest.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Did you read this, the elder eldest of his father's thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that. I did. Remember he was peaking alund Yeah. Yeah, this guy gets after it. Wow, he's a banger though. Yeah. You know that is that all he's got them? I thought, yeah, he sang what.
Speaker 4: I sang? H A game? Somebody look game you know that song?
Speaker 9: Tim?
Speaker 2: No, you're saying he's where of all the cowboys gone?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, that was definitely him, all right, this was his biggest tip. Yeah, what a ESPN and usher front Page Sports after this on the fan. Just so you guys are aware.
Speaker 11: JJ McCarthy will have a little you know, bandage or coverage on the top of his hand. He hit it on a helmet at one point in the game late in the game and everything's checked out, But we just want to get out in front of potentially making sure you guys are aware from a communication standpoint exactly what that is. Don't don't see that affecting really his week of preparation very much.
Speaker 4: Auchi definitely felt it for sure.
Speaker 13: You know, ripped one in there pretty good to jets and hit a helmet, so you know that's gonna you're gonna be feeling it the rest of the way. But there's no excuses at all. Got to find ways to you know, adapt and make sure the ball gets the receivers.
Speaker 4: KOC and JJ on the hand injury and yeah, you've seen the video, and now I'm sure he definitely hits a dude in the head. I can't feel good. And then I loved it because he said, you know, if you slam your hand and I cardoor, are you gonna feel And I'm.
Speaker 8: Like, oh, you just have to keep playing football in front of whatever it is, sixty thousand people and everybody watching it home, No big deal, Just keep playing people who would.
Speaker 4: Call in sick if they had a hangnail. Who are going to call you a P word for slimming your hand in a card door? MANJ Soft, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't say that. Why did you much make that? Sounds like that was just a you know, a disgruntled Vikings fan who sounded just like you.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I used the exact same vocabulary, cadence, tone, mindset, all of it was identical.
Speaker 2: But I didn't mean it to be you.
Speaker 4: And by the way, who's going to do the calling with me? Since you're going to be in Vegas on Sunday?
Speaker 2: It's a great question me. You're doing it from Vegas? Yeah? I always do. Yeah, that's great. Oh yeah you're up? Then, yeah, I'm up. Yeah, you ain't gonna do that I do every time I'm there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not going to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I guarantee you my home Monday. Yeah. Oh that's like the best of you wake up, do the hit, and then you just start clanking. Yeah yeah, I guarantee you. I will. I already planned on it.
Speaker 9: What's the score going to be? I haven't thought of it yet. I think they win. I agree, Yeah, I think they win.
Speaker 2: That's great. Look at you change. Yeah, all right, let's do fun page sports.
Speaker 4: Okay whatever?
Speaker 10: Oh sorry, Court, really quick, guess what do you know? What you guys have been talking about all week? Tough week for Kim or whatever?
Speaker 2: That show? What's that shows? Fair? Holy hell, you've watched it? Watched it last night? It zero out of ten, so sess shocking things.
Speaker 10: It's like the best show of all time, no joke. I was just like I'm trying to be like, I'm gonna try to buy it. Like really, the acting reminds me of like the start of a porn Wait a minute, like.
Speaker 2: Do you know like when you know, like, what are you mad? Because it's all women? Hello? No, I'm not kidding. Zero zero. I can't even compare it to something. It's like it looks like they're ready to break out laughing themselves. It's so it's like S ANDL but they know they's And.
Speaker 10: Obviously, you guys skewed my thoughts going into it because I was like, I wanted to come.
Speaker 2: In he s it was four percent on Rotten Tomatoes and and the critics consensus was like, this is the biggest piece of ass we've ever seen.
Speaker 10: I get that, But I love coming in here and saying I love stuff that you guys don't love.
Speaker 2: I love that. It's I got Christmas Chad powers.
Speaker 14: That's right, But like you guys, is there it makes the plot makes no sense. Like the acting, how does Kim do terrible? That's the worst part, Like you just she can't do it, like you can see like her face like she's not there.
Speaker 2: It's like not acting.
Speaker 14: It's just it's not like I'm like she's just reading the lines and saying it into the camera.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's uncomfortably bad.
Speaker 1: He's just washing on a spike.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you, like you'll get at you lovey you watching man, Thank you Holiday.
Speaker 2: You're the best.
Speaker 8: Celsius two for five Mix and Matchiny Flavors as Celsius you want tell me which one you hammering right there?
Speaker 2: This is actually really good on Fantasy Vibe. Fantasy Yeah, Fantasy Vibe, yep, decorator, you were you were very disappointed in the flavor Fantasy Sparkly Mandarin Marshmallow Edition Mandarin Marshalls. That's I don't know, offense. That sounds terrible, but you think it's awesome. It's actually really good. I can't take a sip. My gosh, Mandarin Marshmallow. I just I'm not kidding. This is I just keep burying myself. But I bought it because I thought it looked like a cool color. Yeah, okay, well even so if Mandarin Marshmallow, if it sounds good to you, sure mix and match any flavor you wanted holiday to for five bucks with Celsius for a limited time only with our friends at Holiday.
Speaker 4: Thanks Go downtown last night. And you only introduced himself as the Mandarin Marshman.
Speaker 10: Around the canvasays Fantasy Vibe Sparkling Fantasy VI.
Speaker 4: You're always hanging around the cans Yeah, what am I supposed to do? I'll tell you what you're supposed to do. You in Florida, the Mandarin Marshman, Hey, where are you going.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna walk in a holiday and get a couple of manda in marshmallows. You talk, give me two brilliant.
Speaker 8: Missouri ran the Gophers out of the gym in the second half, eighty three to sixty the Gophers. The Gophers had a big lead in the first half, and then at the half it was thirty two thirty Miszoo. So they erased the Gopher lead, led by a nose at the break, and then the Gophers got absolutely trucked in the second half fifty one to thirty.
Speaker 2: Fight.
Speaker 14: The power didn't help that. The Gophers shot five of twenty three from three.
Speaker 2: That's not good. They also were nine of seventeen from the foul line. I had no idea.
Speaker 14: Fifty two point nine percent. That's like shack numbers. The Gophers host Green Bay Saturday at eight.
Speaker 8: O'clock, and like we talked about yesterday, Parker Fox on the Big ten network, hell Y Saturday night, Green Bay, uh and the Gophers at eight o'clock. It'll be super cool. Good for Parker the nine. Yeah, the big first half Lee. They got absolutely destroyed in the second half.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Oh, cay Tyson seventeen points he's in North Carolina. Guy, that's the transfer. Yeah, yeah, good for them.
Speaker 2: Can I ask good question? Macho man? I'm sorry about that. It's just the best.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's undefeated that you can't be freaking Is that Nico after the game? That's did I ask a question?
Speaker 1: Macho man?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 4: Is Guardsy calling him macho?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think I think the word macho.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Can we just talking about that?
Speaker 2: Maybe that's grimmer and.
Speaker 1: You know, I got.
Speaker 2: So he calls Nico Medvet macho man.
Speaker 4: I gotta look up the definition for mao.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think we all know what it means, but yeah, short for I love it.
Speaker 9: You have to watch Dan Soder juwishmacho manable.
Speaker 4: It's on the God when he talks about talking to his roommate, Yeah, the waters.
Speaker 1: His finger.
Speaker 2: For a pizza. This macho man. Do you guys still have that deal? It's so good.
Speaker 8: Dan Soder was on the show Billions before I knew he was a stand up comedian. No really, He's a pretty major character on the show Billions. And I would say it's like season I don't know, season three.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, he just stand up comedy too, because I think I heard he was going to be in Minneapolis. I'm like that guy to stand up, and I now he's way way more famous for stand up than He's here tomorrow. What Yeah, yeah, out of here Pantagious Theater tomorrow.
Speaker 4: The hell kidding me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's here tomorrow, son of a bitch. Dude.
Speaker 8: If you ever play some other time, get Dan Soda on the I love Danious.
Speaker 9: Have you heard his bit about when you, like, on your second date, when you have to tell the girl you want to date that you're majorly into wrestling.
Speaker 2: It's such a grin. Oh, it's so good. Wow, the dude can kind of act too. I thought he did a good job and tomorrow, Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's more than kind of was good.
Speaker 2: He was very good.
Speaker 4: I hope he doesn't. He doesn't cuss?
Speaker 2: Right? He does a lot?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Does he?
Speaker 2: But not as macho.
Speaker 8: I was going to say, yeah, I don't know, man, I'd probably listen to that. It's so good it's worth playing.
Speaker 2: If he doesn't. I know the tickets are sold out.
Speaker 4: Well, well, obviously good for him.
Speaker 2: Is Pantagious connected to First Have No It wears pantages?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: If anybody from the pantag if it's not too late, we take Dan soda tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The trust him getting like live Macho on here and you just could cut that up. Would be the cool thing. He could say anything right now, Yeah, like a like just a welcome the power trip bit of Macho. That'd be sick. It's so good. God, that'd be sick. No, he's a funny dude, Like it's hilarious and it's sold out. That yeah, good for him there, they's got a big following. Yeah, he's got a podcast. Yeah, he loves break it down for us.
Speaker 7: Back to my buddy Vic, we used to cut promos on each other about like roommate stuff where it'd be like, uh yeah, electric bills, Yeah, don't be a little bit of a problem.
Speaker 2: It would be a little bit of a problem. When they shook the lights. That's the night that the lights went out in Georgia. Yeah, that's so good. It's so good. Oh man.
Speaker 4: He does to watch and says the fingers he has to be doing.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 9: In that same interview, that guy asked him if he knows any of like Macho's promos by heart, and the two he does are the Cup of Coffee in the big time and then the three sixty one and he does it to perfection.
Speaker 2: It's so right.
Speaker 8: Look, I know this is like, this is old man talk, and this is uh back in my day. I get all that, but there's just you know, I know, I don't watch a lot of wrestling now, but every clip I see of like this new generation of wrestlers, the last let's say, twenty five years.
Speaker 2: There's just nobody like Macho Man. Nobody, nobody it's in the big time.
Speaker 8: Because the guys that were big in the eighties and nineties were cartoons, right, they were human cartoons. Then you transition to just like the brock Lesseners, who were just these unstoppable.
Speaker 2: Beasts, which is cool. But I like Coco be Ware, right, I like the Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Hacksaw. These guys were cartoons. Yeah, those were real people. Nobody talks like that, not at all.
Speaker 10: But now they got like Instagram and all that stuff, So I don't think they have to be as like light like they as over the top because exactly all the time.
Speaker 9: Right, top five all time. Yeah, I got you, Zacho. If you want to go tomorrow, Oh it's cool, let me make sure, but thank you.
Speaker 2: I will let you know.
Speaker 8: Thank you, and once you clear your calendar, and can we get him on the show where they're asking about that.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay, you guys, that'd be the coolest ever. That would be awesome. Yeah, coffee. I just want to hear him do my show? Could you mention hearing that live in Georgia? So good?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's that raspy voice. He's got hawks giggling watching him. There are moments where he had to like call in a pizza order and they're like, is this this camp? He's like, yeah, you guys still doing a bio medium and get a large for a f.
Speaker 7: Is this?
Speaker 2: What are three things?
Speaker 12: Mancho man Randy Savage is grateful for Yeah, for baby oil, Yeah, for sunglasses, and for miss Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the fingers. That's it's a nine point nine out of ten, right, Like it's the only way you can sound more like him is to be him. That's so close to the actual voice he says standing.
Speaker 4: If he's standing up, he has to also grab his belt.
Speaker 2: To get completely into character. He's so good.
Speaker 4: That's great, man, I wish I knew that was It's awesome, all right.
Speaker 2: What really matters.
Speaker 8: After this, more scores and stats around the world of sports, flashing a little bit, uh, Ben Leeberan a little bit, Tom Pellisarah later, Tommy Olsen is here.
Speaker 2: This is the power to join a man.
Speaker 9: We all remember that one teacher who made a difference, who believed in us, challenged us, or just made aning fun. That was your chance to say thank you in a big way. With Iheartradios, thank a teacher. It's powered by donors shoes. I'm in an outstanding public school teacher who's got above and beyond for their students to win five thousand dollars, stock their classroom with whatever they need. Help us say thank you to the educators shaping our future. I'minate your favorite teacher now at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Save teachers.
Speaker 4: I don't appreciate these emails. Oh no, dear Zach, speak clearly. I just spent a half an hour on spanka teacher dot com.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible name, brilliant from people.
Speaker 9: I've said that minders. Do you have an email address on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hocket cafe dot com, the same email address that was getting the swingers questions earlier. Hey Christopher, I'm gonna hope that you have not heard this yet. This is free advertising. But whatever, you.
Speaker 8: Probably heard about the Krispy kreame thing. We talked about it on this show right back to exactly they're back. You know, Zachary, maybe you saw it on on Twitter. Zachary went to Krispy Kream yesterday and waited in line and get some hot fresh starts the hallway. Yeah, I just had one. He brought in a dozen for us, which is very nice. Zachary, thank you skin it nice. How long was Zach Halverson in the Crispy Cream line?
Speaker 2: Do you how long did you wait for donuts?
Speaker 4: Forty five minutes?
Speaker 2: Forty five minutes? Were you guys? Yes, you guys were in the run and heard it. I was in here.
Speaker 8: Cold, you're colder, you're cold? Oh, two hours getting much warmer.
Speaker 4: More than that.
Speaker 14: Two and a half hours and a half hours. Oh my goodness, you waited two and a half hours for Crispy?
Speaker 2: No, it was it powered through.
Speaker 9: We got in line and it said they said it was about an hour wait from there, which I still wasn't convinced I was going to stay. But then this older woman behind me got in line and uh, yes, pull your hands up. Yeah, she likes donuts and she's got a lot of free time. My plan was to just pop the air pods in, watch you know, YouTube, and just kind of get through the hour. But she started talking to me and uh, that's the worst and uh and then somebody else got in line behind her, and then I was gonna leave, but then she started talking to him, and then I got jealous and I was like, why are't you talking to me anymore?
Speaker 2: And then I didn't you have issues?
Speaker 9: You need a hug, so and I was like, I'm not gonna, like just give her a free spot in line. So I was like, I'm gonna stick through this hour then and get these damn donuts.
Speaker 2: I got an hour in and uh, we weren't anywhere near the damn door.
Speaker 9: But I'm like, I'm kind of pot minute at this point, and so then I was like, well, whatever, probably like another half hour. Tops got through that half hour and still very much in the parking lot, and they finally started to talk about opening up this express line again, which apparently they had to close because the machines were breaking down.
Speaker 2: Is what I later found out when I got to the front that the great start, Krispy Krey go. This is like twenty years ago, all over again. Drive through line. I don't even know where it ended.
Speaker 9: The cars like they had security people that went all the way down this parking lot. When out went onto the streets of Fridley again, I don't know where I did. I thought about going and finding it, but it was such a traffic nightmare around the area. But yeah, I got to the front. Yeah, about two and a half hours after I first got there. I hated everything about it. The doughnuts were amazing. It melted in your mouth, they were hot, they were fresh. It was delightful. I've waited a lot in line for a lot of things. That had to have been the dumbest thing I've ever waited in line for.
Speaker 1: You're on camera.
Speaker 9: You waited in line, well, I mean unlike I was usually first. Okay, wow, So.
Speaker 8: Getting that hot stuff fresh in your mouth was worth a two and a half hours.
Speaker 2: I got a hat. I got one of those hats. Do you have any do you have any like Minnesota versions?
Speaker 9: Like I'm like, I didn't see like there was like so the express line, which I eventually just did because I didn't. I got toward the front when they finally opened up, and so they had an express line that was just you could buy a dozen original glazed or a dozen of basically one of everything that they make sure and so I just got two original glazed because whatever. But they've got like, yeah, like I said, twelve or ideas of they got like an Oreo cream one, and yeah, that's that's what I wanted to try. But unbelievable. I'm I'll give it a shot when the way it's down to like ninety minutes.
Speaker 8: Let us never forget when Krispy Kream first made it to the Twin Cities twenty is years ago, twenty plus years ago, and the Power Trip Morning Show at that point was still in Bloomington. Yeah, just trying to get by with like a three share and we were just trying to make sure the lights stayed on until nine o'clock. And then after nine o'clock when day the superstar Mike Morris and his giant muscle hands smashed twelve Krispy Cream donuts a dozen, Yeah, smashed them all into one giant donut hole, a giant ball of donut.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's like the size of a sauce smaller than you would be right, because you're not exactly a dozen, pushed them all together into one giant like doughnut hole and ate it in a handful of bites, you know, like basically one false swoop fell swoop and Chris and I watched him change colors within about sixty seconds.
Speaker 14: It hit his face immediately, like the look of like I'm in trouble here.
Speaker 2: Instantly regret this decision. For real.
Speaker 8: He did all that sugar, just instantly, all of it. I can't even imagine how much it is. It was within sixty seconds. His whole face changed, you could like it. And of course this was like nine to ten in the morning, not on the air.
Speaker 2: Right after.
Speaker 4: He didn't to us, He just did it for us us. Yeah, and we.
Speaker 2: Laughed our asses, all right. It was hilarious.
Speaker 4: It's like when you're like, we like when you think your buddy's choking, but he's really choking. I mean, he was in trouble and we were just laughing.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great. So you do in that situation, hi, do you just like you'd have to throw up? You have to throw up. I don't remember what he did though, because again this is twenty plus years ago. I have no idea, but I just remember machine.
Speaker 8: I mean maybe, I mean again, I know the machine, right, he probably still is. But like so it's the calorie problem was not the issue. Right, it's a sugar problem. He's burning calories left and right. He's gonna work out ninety times that day.
Speaker 2: That's not the problem. It's two hours already, so much sugar in what thirty seconds?
Speaker 15: You're no find out? Let's find out how many grams of sugar while you looked that up? So the one story that I have that that is comparable to that, Now, it wasn't. This was all like hearsay. This happened a year before I got to the Vikings. Somebody in the locker room, the Vikings locker room, I don't know who it was, was dared to eat a brick of cinnabon. So brick is six cinnabons. He did it and went to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did he get some cash?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that cash, Yeah he got. Yeah, it was to a couple. I could do two I are we talking about? I think I could? I don't think I could do that. It's like a sheet panner, like oh, my god, dude.
Speaker 8: According to quick Google search, each Krispy Kreme donut has ten grams of sugar, So we're talking one hundred and twenty grams of sugar, and like he ate it in about thirty seconds, and there are two hundred calories apiece, and already we're talking twenty four hundred in a split second. Yeah, which, as you mentioned, he'd already burned that. Yeah, that part is not the problem. It's the one hundred and twenty grams of sugar.
Speaker 4: It's the only The only thing I've ever done similar to that was I was doing donuts in the parking lot at a charity event to make the kids in the backseat laugh, and I hit the curb and broke my wheel in half. And You're like, oh my god, what did I just do? Yep, And I mean the look on his face was like all I was trying to do is make these guys I really don't like laugh.
Speaker 9: At the time when we all thought we were going to get a full show car endorsement, and he showed up to the cart ownership.
Speaker 4: I told that story the other day.
Speaker 9: All the windows down, blarings, Slim Whitman as loud as he could just driving.
Speaker 4: Like he was like he was doing a drive by shooting.
Speaker 2: One of the funniest things I've ever seen in my.
Speaker 9: The dealership is standing there like he was late by the way, remember yeah, it was right there, right across the street, no reason.
Speaker 2: Where star. And then it was like he was announcing that the war was starting, and he did lap says he blasted because it was running lights hilarious.
Speaker 4: Before you saw him, you heard.
Speaker 1: Loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, windows down.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't just forget. As long as I live, I could see it happen.
Speaker 2: Again about five miles. Didn't just pull in in parts. He did laugh.
Speaker 1: So we had to watch it.
Speaker 4: We were so good if Clint Eastwood did a drive by shooting, that's what it was like.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, guy, hey guys, real quick. I just had to see what one hundred and twenty grams of sugar looked like in terms of in terms of like the pile, how much that would be. Yeah, okay, it's kind of hard to find exactly one hundred and twenty grams, but somebody did sugar cubes.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 16: Yeah, So sixty five grams of sugar is sixteen sugar cubes.
Speaker 2: So basically thirty two sugar.
Speaker 8: Cubes of Yeah, that's that's gonna make anybody sick. Yeah, but he did it for a laugh, for a laugh, and he turned red. He was sweating, sweating immediately, so good.
Speaker 2: Wasn't one of the bitches.
Speaker 9: He put like a ball through one of the ceiling tiles and Abbott told him it was like one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 7: No, that was.
Speaker 2: That was when we were moving out of Bloomington.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we were basically told, hey, I know we're moving out, but let's let's, you know, be nice the place.
Speaker 2: Let's don't tear the place down. And he had a baseball bat and he was he said, I'm gonna throw this through one of these ceiling tiles.
Speaker 8: And they're like, don't do that. We're gonna have to charge him. He's like how much, Like those are like a hundred bucks apiece, and he goes put me down for two and.
Speaker 2: He throws straight through the ceiling. And I'm pretty sure they made him pay because he asked how much they were.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you, I mean they That's how the locker room was. He just that whole Dinny Green locker room down there was. It was a gang it was incredible.
Speaker 2: So it's a lot like we just talked about with Macha Man. They were all cartoon characters.
Speaker 9: Correct, and Star was like a stand up comedian that happened to be like an unstoppable force.
Speaker 2: Who could you know, bench press a small car, no offense to him. He didn't have a lot to do like the other does. A long snapper, so he's prying around the living room. He walked into the.
Speaker 4: Locker room and at the top of his lungs sing that song to sid Hartman about looking at men's wieners and.
Speaker 2: The top of oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And Sid Ward laugh, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: The wheel of Fortune song been seat of a wheel watcher. He would say, watcher.
Speaker 4: Accuse him of looking at the guys and said would.
Speaker 2: Last oh yeah out, oh god.
Speaker 4: Oh my good old days.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I love your Star wherever you're happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love your brother. You think you'd ever come on?
Speaker 4: Just feel like I said, I wish you would.
Speaker 2: I would be awesome. I wish you would. I wish I could take him money for you guys is big year next year?
Speaker 8: That would be awesome, dude. Yeah, I love be super cool. Yeah God, all right, Ben Leber.
Speaker 2: Is here, Tommy Wilson is here, A Fargo Flash would be here at a second. This is the Power Drip morning show on the fan.
Speaker 4: No good secho oh I.
Speaker 2: Did, but you know it likes to sign you out now try to sign in and then two step verification.
Speaker 4: It sagged itself out.
Speaker 2: He goes back in the box. Do you know what I do like about that? All those things? Because I have to do that for work.
Speaker 10: I love when they just send you a text, God, instead of having to remember like your password.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's just like that, like you get that. They just like you, would you rather do your passwords? Send a text?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: And then you get the text option. I just the little things, yeah, because it hurts my brain to try to remember all the pass Then all those passwords, all of them, Yeah, I hate them. It's the worst.
Speaker 4: It's like, man, what did I use for brassers this time?
Speaker 8: He's like when Zach got when Zach went to double this and he's like, oh god, what is my password?
Speaker 2: And then first guess got it? Benjamin.
Speaker 8: Before we get into football and what really matters and all this other garbage and Fargo Flash.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you one quick question then we'll get to Figo.
Speaker 8: I didn't know he wasn't in studio, so we'll make this even quicker. Uh caught Twin Cities live because I'm you know, yeah, because you're like that guy.
Speaker 2: I'm a one. Yeah, yeah, you're one. Uh.
Speaker 8: You came out of the box with a hot take yesterday. I want to have you share it with the Power Trip listeners. You were saying how people that are losing their minds over the Northern lights. Yeah, you go outside, you don't really see them, but you take a picture on your phone, and then the phone kind of highlights it even more and write zooms in and can access the lights for whatever reason better. I saw that firsthand last night because my wife was like, come outside, look at this. There's nothing out here. Then you take a picture, You're like, oh, I can kind of see it.
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 2: So your take was if only your phone picked up on it.
Speaker 8: But you couldn't see it with the naked eye, and some people could right depending on the light pollution. Sure, but if you can't see it with the naked eye, then you really didn't see the northern lights. And Elizabeth was like, damn, hot take on the Northern lights. Nice start. Well, I will I will continue that hot sage.
Speaker 2: You know, all these people like, ah yeah, they're so beautiful.
Speaker 16: And then and then you the only thing that you actually saw was just through your camera, Like then you didn't see the normal light. That's virtual reality. That's basically what virtual reality is. So if if you look up now, some people, did I get it? I had, because I believe me. I had people comment like I actually saw them with my naked eye, and it was beautiful and the hues of red. I'm like, that's great, that's seeing it, that that has seen it. But my guess, especially in the Metro area, if you're in the Metro area and you're bragging to all your friends that don't live here that you saw the Northern lights and you did not see them with your naked eye, and then you did not see the Northern lights, you saw a picture of.
Speaker 2: The maze in your face. Because and the only.
Speaker 16: Reason I was annoyed by is because I was seeing everybody like posts these things.
Speaker 2: So I ran outside. I'm like, oh yeah, yeah, sorry, I ran outside of my.
Speaker 16: Driveway and I'm like, I don't see anything, and and there's like people within the neighborhood that are like, you're showing like it's so gorgeous, and I'm like, you guys are like three blocks from me, how can I how come I can't see anything? I just see some like looks like some fogginess that's in the air. Then I put my camera up to it and I'm like, oh, yeah, that's pretty cool. That's kind of cool. I can see it through the camera. I'm like, but did I really see it or did my camera see it? And then I'm just kind of like looking at the hot take controversial. Yeah, we really go for the hard hitting stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we passed them the Krispy Kream News and we went right for that. It went right for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's see some new segments doning called why you Shouldn't Be Happy?
Speaker 2: H Fargo Flash. Did you see the Northern Lights?
Speaker 1: I'm with Ben.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I couldn't really see it when I was in Minneapolis. I saw it a little bit here yesterday in Portland, but I where I was on I guess it would be Tuesday night. It was just a dark sky for me.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh so you were in Portland for what? Why you ain't Oregon? I wonder why, Well, there's a big game.
Speaker 1: So I right, I'm here with Kate. So I took a couple of days off. And Portland a beautiful part of the country. So I've always loved the Northwest. And of course if you haven't been a Portland you immediately see just tons of homeless people and you spelled tons of weed. But we also had a chance yesterday to go swing by the Nike headquarters, which is an amazing facility, and just seeing the brain wizards and the creative monster of my Nike at work. It's just an amazing place. And then we had a chance to go to the Nike employees store and spend three hours buying two macros of shoes.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 2: Hey, just I was just looking online. I saw tickets were only like eighteen bucks. Is that true?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Actually I have I have a friend from Nike hook to us up a ticket, so I didn't. I'm lucky that I don't have to pay for him.
Speaker 2: I just want to.
Speaker 1: People here. People here, Tommy, are they've warned. We've had so many warnings. We're two hours away from Eugene and we've had everyone tell us like, oh, you better get up and leave early. I'm like, well, the game kicks off at six o'clock and said, yeah, get in the car by eleven. So apparently Portland has just tons of people and they even for tomorrow night. They're said, it's Friday night football. This town is so excited for this game.
Speaker 10: So you've got tailgate spots and all that stuff set up.
Speaker 1: We have we have a Nike tailgate. Yeah, we're excited to go. So this is like, this is like, you know, if you think of the world of Nil, almost before Nil started, still night at Nike with the uniforms and just kind of diverted so much money to this to the program, you know. So this is so the Nike employee base is just a ton of Oregon drats, and so the fan base here is really excited. I think again, if you watch the game last week, Oregon had a really tough place to play Iowa. It's not got to win after giving up the lead late to Iowa. And so Dante More the quarterback, who's you know, probably a top five quarterback. I think maybe in the draft. He's really good. But the headline of this team is they can run the football, which gets to be nervous, right. They ran for two hundred and sixty one yards against Iowa, and they have the number two defense in the country too, So i Organ's a complete team. I know, people I think have fallen asleep on them since they wonted Happy Valley, and people think they've maybe slept walk a little bit since that game. But they've put together an eight to one team. And if they look at their schedule, they got USC coming to town next week, then they go to Washington, so they can maybe afford a loss they can't afford. They can't afford three and So this is a team that's playing for the college football playoffs. And of course our our Golden Gophers are playing for a better bull seed. So for Minnesota, you got you got to win here and then you know, you got to you got to go to Northwestern then finish up with Wisconsin. So Minnesota can get to nine and three, eight and four, it's the heck of a bowl game versus if you have a tough finish year.
Speaker 15: All right, flash, So let's let's like start sprinkling in some optimism here. What how are the ways that the Gophers can actually pull off the upset?
Speaker 1: Well, if you look when you study Oregon, great defense, and they shut down the run. And the good news is from a positivity standpoint, Darius Taylor will be back, so I think if we're going to try to run the football will be a little bit more successful there. He's been out for a couple of games. But what I like is that the team that's not great with the pass rush. So this is a team that I think is like number thirteen and a big ten in so just the conference alone, they're near the bottom in terms of pressure on a quarterback. So what I like in this game is Drake Lindsay he has a chance to get back make his reads. He's had obviously a couple, you know, couple of weeks to prepare, and so in doing that, I think the passing game is really probably what makes the run game go. So I think this is a chance from a positivity standpoint, the passing game gets going. And with that, I think you see Darius Green, you know, I think you see Darius Taylor out of the backfield in the screen game. And so I like the way that Minnesota I think can move this ball because I think our great young quarterback is going to get a chance to get the ball downfield.
Speaker 2: Justin don't they have the number one pass defense in college football, like at one hundred and twenty six yards a game. So if they're getting if they're getting no pressure. Again, I'm not I'm asking because I know nothing about Oregon. Is there secondary just that good? Is it just a bunch of future nflers or what's the deal.
Speaker 1: It's a loaded secondary, but it's a loaded defense. But this is a team that lets people sit back and throw. They just keep the ball in front of them. So if I go back to the beginning of the Ohio State game and we look so prepared, very scripted downfield five yards seven yards, just dink and doink. That's the type of thing that you have to do. I don't think they go this ginormous USC transfer in the middle of Bear Alexander. I don't think he can run the football on this team. This team is just like loaded in the front seven, integrate secondary too. But if you have a chance to move the ball to be the quick passing game and then maybe you sneak one behind them because you kind of low them to death with that, that's that's that slow, myopic passing game. And so they got their work cut out for them. Boys and a half right, and you're the saying is this is we've already played the number one defense. We know that didn't go well. We've played the number four defense. We know that that can that didn't go well. So you can't let this be chapter three. I didn't come here to watch chapter three.
Speaker 2: I doubt it.
Speaker 1: And so mind wise, football mind probably looking at you know, this is a team that hasn't you know, they've given up. They've they've given up other than pretty consistent defensely, so can you put up ten thirteen points offensive day? Offensively they haven't been great so defense, so football mind, you say this is thirty eight ten. But again there this is again they're they're looking past this game. They have big games in front of them. They have USC coming to town next week. They go to their old Pac twelve rival Washington in two weeks. So this is a this is kind of a this is kind of a we catch them sleeping, especially early game of the weekend Friday night. I think I think this is where Minnesota comes in and speaks out a W. I like I like Drake Lindsay, oh yeah, and I like Darret Taylor healthy back. I like Minnesota twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: Don't no, no, no, don't don't go in there, twenty to seventeen.
Speaker 1: I love it, Tommy, I'm do you see that, don't you?
Speaker 2: I see it clear. I think you're seeing it clear.
Speaker 10: You look back at the Wisconsin game when they played Wisconsin totally. Wisconsin went in there, went into Oregon only lost twenty one to seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Oh, they only lost their fourteen Rutgers fifty six to ten, who the Gophers struggled with in the first.
Speaker 10: But they struggle against Northwestern too, and we're very similar to northwestern Wisconsin.
Speaker 9: They beat Oklahoma State sixty nine to three. You know, if you think they're gonna.
Speaker 8: Flat out win, are think they're gonna flat out win, you can get twelve to one on DraftKings, so you can turn one hundred into twelve hundred pretty quick.
Speaker 2: If you think they're just gonna flat out wind.
Speaker 1: Well I might do that because I'm taking the day with cad where you got city like a like and they're gonna go for a hike because when the blutiful, beautiful, lush northwest part of the United States, then we're going to hit a casino like everything on a road.
Speaker 2: We're talking are they know it's pretty good food in Portland. Don't they have Don't they have good? They have fun dance there?
Speaker 17: They have voodoo donuts out there. Take a look at voodoo donuts. That's right, we move on to donuts. Did we just skip over a potentially a giant bet there? Are you guys willing to do that? Tommy's Tommy's hundred disauces twelve hundred?
Speaker 2: Oh wow? That twelve to one, twelve to one.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna stay away, but Tommy might take it.
Speaker 2: So if you give me twelve to one, I'll do one hundred bucks. But that's twelve that's twelve hundred smacks when he's in Vegas, that is.
Speaker 8: But again, that's that's to win. There's no spread, straight up money line. If the Gophers win, it's twelve to one.
Speaker 2: It's got trouble because that But how about fifty to six hundred? What does that mean? It's still twelve to one his fifty or six hundred, So it's either sure, I'll do that. Yeah, So if the Gophers win, you owe him six hundred bucks.
Speaker 14: If Oregon wins, Tommy, it was you fifty two hundred and fifty bucks because I got another bet.
Speaker 2: They could be a big night. So we have a bet no twelve to one bet. Yeah right, you know what I'm talking about. The other bet. Yeah, but you gotta that they got to go to Wrigley and win for you to win that bet. I know so, but like Friday could be a bett. Yeah yeah, fine, yeah, roll yeah, roll yeah. So can you go over to that one more so?
Speaker 8: If the Gophers win, saw soo's use six hundred yeah roll. If Oregon wins, you owe him fifty thanks money. Oregon loses or Oregon wins, you will meet two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: That's right. Camera switch, yeahs, all right, Flash have the best time? Flash.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. So Ben and I went back and forth, of course, as we always do. I think he's up by like I think it's like eleven to two or something. It's really bad. The good news is we have two bets this week. Then the first bet we have is Oklahoma, which cannot afford to lose if they want to get to the College football playoffs, and they have Missouri and LSU. John Mattier takes Oklahoma to Alabama and potential Heisman Trophy candidate and winter Ty Simpson. So I'm taking Alabama, number four in the country at home, that's playing at a high level, especially after that opening week loss to Florida State. They are minus five and a half. I'm taking Alabama and Ben's taking Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: WHOA so good then, guys, Yeah, there's some great number two.
Speaker 4: That's a really good number.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I need defense to step up in a major way, major way. And this is a way different Alabama team than than the team that they beat last year in Norman.
Speaker 4: So what's the other one? What's the other bet?
Speaker 1: The other bet is the Minnesota High school semi finals start today and it was to kick it off and it's appropriate with that with a local bet. Ben Sauce and the residents of the Dina are taking on the Minnetaka Skippers, and Dina a Dinah beat Minnetaka. I think it was twenty seven, and so we I thought, you know, I looked at the point spread. It's actually it's minus three and a half a Dina. But we decided to let me speak straight up. So Ben is taking a Dina in his hometown team, and I'm going to roll with the Minnetoka Skippers.
Speaker 8: Uh money lines straight up somebody on Twitter suggested that that should be the meat Sauce Bowl because.
Speaker 2: Now you live in a Dina.
Speaker 8: And then I saw somebody else on Twitter say something like, and I don't know if this is a common phrase or if this person came up with it, but he said, that's the cake versus the Lake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love that cake versus That's got brilliant love that.
Speaker 1: But we'll put twenty five bucks on a ben. How about that twenty five bucks?
Speaker 2: There you go, Yeah, we're good. Yep, and one minute or less.
Speaker 4: How much better is Ohio State than Indiana in your opinion, Fargo, Fla If I think.
Speaker 1: Minimal, I actually think that. I know people laugh at last week's game. They struggled with ten states. That was a great game, so good, tons of talent, and so I thought the way that Indiana came back and won that game, and that's going to pay off as they get in the college football playoffs. But that's those close games. I think Ohio State is really good. I've been somewhat surprised they actually lost. They fell back in the standings. I think it'd be a great game. I cannot wait to see that game. I think it's December sixth.
Speaker 2: It is big championship hawk.
Speaker 1: I think they're pretty even. I really do. I really interesting what that Fernando Mendoza can do at quarterback. He's playing himself into the heights and trophy. He's playing himself into the first pick of the draft. They got a great defense. I think people think that Penn State team is a joke. They're not a joke. They have tons of talent and they were at home. I think Indiana this is senior Day, this is the last home game this weekend. Versus Wisconsin, they are going to destroy Wisconsin. I'm a big Hoosier fan, and I love Julian Faye and what he's doing at at Ohio State. Their receivers right now. Carnell State got disciplined last week. He didn't play, didn't matter. Jeremiah Smith was amazing. It's the two top teams in the country and the Big tenn.
Speaker 9: It's awesome, awesome Todays slash. Ohio State is a thirty two and a half point favorite. Indiana is a twenty nine and a half point favorite over the Thank You and Give Me some Shoes Love you guys. Yeah Cake versus the late that's so sick.
Speaker 4: He didn't talk about it on the air, and maybe he didn't want to, and that's completely fine, but you should have heard the stuff he bought at that story unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Must be rough.
Speaker 4: That's awesome though. Well you get a big discount, that's what.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Amen, the news is next. Ben Leader is here, Tommy Olsen is here. This is the power Trip Morning. Joe on the van