Speaker 1: Do you want to be an American?
Speaker 2: Friday morning? It slowly here on seven hundred w WELW Joe Jamar t All in action for the first time, and it feels like forever of this Sunday at Buffalo and Orchard Park against the Bills, Ravens dominated the Bengals. I'm sorry, the Bengals dominated the Ravens. I should say thirty two to fourteen Thanksgiving Night, which seems like a while ago. And then Pittsburgh crushed by the Bills twenty six to seven on Sunday, and the Bengals thrust it into the conversation of possibly winning the division. And I mean, the odds makers don't give it much of a shot, but man, it's not gonna take much. Dan Horne is here, of course, voice of the Bengals on seven hundred WLW Daniel, good morning. How are you bother?
Speaker 3: Sony? I'm good. It's not going to take much. That might be a slight No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's the division.
Speaker 3: No one wants. Cleveland would love it, trust me.
Speaker 2: Well, Cleveland's mathematically eliminated from twenty twenty six postseason play.
Speaker 4: Dan.
Speaker 2: At this point, before we get to that, the shootouts tonight the last time you see one at Sinta Center. What were you doing?
Speaker 3: I was broadcasting the game. That was twenty four years ago. Oh yeah, oh yeah, I go back a long way. I know now that you mention it. That was early in my really early Bearcats ten year Yeah, that might have been second or third year, but in any case, remember it. Well, Steve Logan had twenty two points. David West got injured in that game. That obviously helped the Bearcats. Yep, Cincinnati won by twenty. It was the first time they ever played at the Sintas Center. They haven't won again since, so they're desperate to try to end that streak tonight. We'll see.
Speaker 2: I think I had just started at the station when you know, learn about the crossown shoot all that stuff goes that far. That's a long long time not to win in one picture, good Billy, when you play every.
Speaker 5: Year, I had nafro back then, I had so much hair. It was a long long time ago, So.
Speaker 2: Long ago Dan had hair. Yeah, and that he hair left has been great at this point. So all right, Well what changes it hasn't since two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: Well, everything has changed. I mean it's amazing that we get to this incredible rivalry, the best intracity rivalry in college basketball, and there's one guy on both teams combined that's played in it before Dade Thomas. Yeah, he's the only Cincinnati player. Xavier doesn't have any.
Speaker 5: So that is one aspect of the current state of college athletics that sucks. You know, we used to love the fact that guys would play in this rivalry three times, four times, and you'd have those memories of how they did against UC or how they did against Xavier.
Speaker 3: Those days are pretty much gone. I mean, there will occasionally.
Speaker 5: Be a player probably that sticks with a team for three or four years, but it's.
Speaker 3: Going to be a rarity going forward.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I bring that up because, yeah, the players changed, the coaches have changed, all the thesiers yet and the one true thing is that you see cannot win at Cinta Center for four years. It's like, yeah, participants have changed, and yet it's still I don't know what it is, a curse, call it what it is, but is this the year that you see overcomes Dan.
Speaker 3: Two weeks ago, I would have said yes.
Speaker 5: Now, I let's say maybe Cincinnati looked like the much better team. In the first few weeks of the season, Xavier was kind of sputtering. The Bearcats are rolling now. Cincinnati has not played particularly well in it's last three or four games, and Xavier is coming on. Xavier's playing really well. They made a slight tweak in the lineup, and they've been really emphasizing their three point shooting from all five positions or at least four, depending on who's on the floor, and they are among the national leaders and three pointers made.
Speaker 3: I will say this about U. See when they've had Boba Miller available for all forty minutes of a game, they haven't lost. They lost to Louisville when he missed the last ten and a half minutes. Now, they were losing by five points at the time, so they might have lost that game anyway. And then they lost the Eastern Michigan when Baba did not play. He's their best player. He makes an unbelievable difference when he's on the floor. He's good to go tonight, So we'll see if that's going to be a big factor in a bear Cat win.
Speaker 2: All Right, it is a huge basketball game here in the city of Cincinnati, and it was certainly one of the most, if not unique in town matchups. It's been going for such a and it's always a pretty good game, almost always the crosstown shot out tonight. Anyway, let's seguay to Sunday in Orchard Park, Bills and Bengal's going to be able to snow thirty one degrees and some snow showers, just how we like it. Joe Burrow is outstanding in the cold weather, by the way, if you look at any past history. But we'll start with this. The Bills just ran for almost two hundred fifty yards against Pittsburgh, most since twenty twenty three, the most there in Pittsburgh since nineteen seventy five. Bengals thirty first against the run. How do they slow James Cook in the rushing attack? And if they can, how big a key is that to victory?
Speaker 5: Number one key. That's the biggest key to the game. And the keyword in the sentence you just used, Sloany was slow, not stop. They're not going to suddenly hold Buffalo to forty eight rushing yards, but they can't give up one hundred and fifty plus. And that's what the Bills average, and that's what the Bengals defense average is allowing. I think Buffalo averages one hundred and fifty eight rushing yards a game, number one in the NFL, and the Bengals give up one fifty three, So that one fifty ish number isn't going to work for Cincinnati. If they allow that, I think the Bengals are dead. Even though they have Joe Burrow back. They can't allow Buffalo to control the clock, go up and down the field on the ground, make it easier for Josh Allen to throw when he decides to. I think that's the number one key to the game.
Speaker 3: And as for how the Bengals slow James Cooking that rushing attack, well, they've been doing it for the last few weeks. So the Bengals, as I.
Speaker 5: Said, they've given up one hundred and fifty three rushing yards a game, but that includes like two fifty against the Jets and two fifty against Chicago. Over the last three weeksnumbers come way down. So the Bengals defense is playing better and we'll see if they can make it four games in a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and of course the twist is not just James cook it's also well Josh Allen, you know, four hundred nine rushing yards seventy six for your rushing tds just broke Cam Newton's all time record the NFL. That is a twist the Bengals are not used to seeing.
Speaker 3: It's a twist that nobody's used to seeing, especially inside the ten. You know, the seventy six rushing touchdowns for Josh Allen, I don't know the number, but I'm guessing that at least sixty five of them have come inside the ten yard line. When they get close to the goal line, that's the great equalizer because normally, if a quarterback hands off to the running back inside the five, the quarterback is just standing there watching. So basically, you've got nine guys to block eleven. When Josh Allen keeps, the running back is now available to block, you've got an extra guy to block.
Speaker 5: Josh Allen is obviously a horse. It's really difficult to stop when you get close to the goal line. And the Bills also do a great job of you know, if Josh Allen is say two or three yards away and still on his feet, couple of those gigantic offensive linemen we'll move behind and start pushing, and then it's almost impossible to bring him down.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the problem with Josh Allen and we'll get the interceptions, like his facts, he he just does not have the receivers. He doesn't have the tools out there to throw the ball. I think that's why you're seeing maybe the interception rate creep up and trying to do other things and forcing plays. Could be that could be good for the Bengal seconder.
Speaker 5: No doubt, he's got six interceptions in the last four games. He's got ten for the season. I believe he's tied for second in the NFL for most interceptions, maybe third. In any case, You're right, they don't have great where he's receiving weapons, and one of their best has been out Dalton and Kaid. He's missed the last three games. Former first gund Draft pick tight end. When he's been on the field this year, Alan hasn't thrown any interceptions. The passing game is much much better when he's on the field for Buffalo. He's been limited at practice this week. I don't know if he's expected to come back or not. Obviously, from the Bengals perspective, fingers crossed and he misses at least one more.
Speaker 2: Okay, good. And before we segue and flip the script to the other side of the ball, Trey hendrickson what is the story?
Speaker 3: He's hurts and other than that, I'm not sure. I haven't seen him or talked to him in the last few weeks. He's still rehabbing. It's not like he's left Cincinnati. But it just feels like Trey is going to wait until he's one hundred to come back. But again, I have not talked to him about that, or talked to him period for several weeks.
Speaker 2: You've heard the speculation. You know, he's just gonna say and he's done. And but I mean, you know, people make stuff up in the vacuum. When the story stamp coming off your quiet and doing your work and trying to rehab, the story takes on a life of its own. Of course, hopefully he's back sooner rather than later. But I would say, you know, there's some parallels been the Bills Bengals, and players and positions are missing. Bengals are without Trey Hendricks and the Bills are gonna look like they're gonna be without Joey Bosa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big loss.
Speaker 5: He leads the Bills in sacks even though he plays a somewhat specialist role coming in to rush the quarterback. We know how great he is from his career, so that's a significant loss. At Oliver has been out basically, you know, almost all of the year for Buffalo, their best interior defensive linemen. So I don't think that's the strength for the Bills. They're giving up a bunch of rushing yards. We talked about how that they are running the ball, well, they're bad at stopping the run. They're next to last in the NFL in yards per carry allowed. So Chase Brown has been great for the last six games, and we'll see if the Bengals can have some balance and what's likely to be a really cold day in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could just be a ball control game. Dan, We're we're rushing, We're seeing a thousand yards rushing. It's gonna do one of those days. Joe Burrow though, fire in the cold, and it feels like it's been the first time in forever since Burrow, Chase and Higgins have all been healthy and playing together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we too would have been the last time. And we're assuming that t is back. I think that will be the case. He's been trending. Yeah, he's been trending in the right direction. He comes back from the concussion he suffered two games ago. I think we'll get the official word on whether he's back or not today, and I do expect him to play. So yeah, it'd be great for the Bengals passing offense to be back at full strength. I'm finding some wood here to knock on.
Speaker 5: But with five games left in the season, the Bengals are in relatively good shape in terms of injuries. Trey would be the most notable guy that they don't have, but particularly in the offensive end, they're in really good shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and the Bills have been. Their defense has been pretty lead against the pass all season long, despite all the injuries of the defense they've had. But this is the arguably one of the best tests they're going to have the season with all three players presumably be back back on the field. In addition to the Bills claimed veteran cornerback Darius Slayan went saying, Bengals fans are going nuts because you remember him in what week seven? It's the Steelers that Jamar lit him and the defense. Steeler defense up for a career day for him. Sixteen touches, one hundred and sixty one yards and a touchdown. But the Bills got screwed here because Darius Lay said, dah, you know what, I'm not going to report. I'm thinking about maybe retiring and what I would do in the future. Bills released JaMarcus Ingram, who's been pretty strong for them off the practice squad this season. Houston picked him up. So not only out Darius Lay, you're out JaMarcus Ingram as well. Another opportunity for Joe Burrow in company.
Speaker 5: A little surprised that Buffalo would reach out and try to get Darius Slay. He hasn't been very good this year, he's old. It was kind of a questionable signing at the beginning of the year by Pittsburgh. The thought was they wanted to pick him up to kind of be a veteran mentor to Joey Porter, who's been penalty prone and you know, kind of prone to emotional loudbursts. When he avoids that kind of stuff. He's a really good player that didn't work out very well for Pittsburgh. So it does kind of speak to Buffalo's I don't know, maybe slight desperations to build up the depth at that position. Christian Benford's been awesome he had at corner. He'll be shadowing Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: How's that match up gonna look?
Speaker 3: I'll say this, You know, beware any NFL team that thinks that they've got a cornerback that's good enough to handle Jamar Chase one on one is going to be proven wrong. Ye, nobody does that.
Speaker 5: Jamar is you know, he's not only the best wide receiver in the NFL right now, he's one of the best ever. I think it's safe to say that five years into his career. So Benford will follow Jamar Chase, but he'll still probably get help. Having said that, Jamar will put up numbers because he always does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jamar will do what he does right exactly. It'll be certainly a fascinating match with the other guy is Bill's rookie corner Maxwell Harriston. It's about six catches on thirteen targets since coming back there for injury in Week eight, and he's a holdout, and you think he is he the weak link there.
Speaker 3: He's a rookie, he's a little bit underside, He's got tremendous speed. He's a Kentucky guy he played at UK first round draft pick. I think he's going to be a good player, but I think is inexperience shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, also Dan, I mean, we've got two teams literally fighting here, Buffalo eight and for fighting for a wild card. Doesn't look like they're going to win the division as have done the last five seasons the way that Drake May and New England's playing, And everyone hates to hear that because no one likes New England. Cincinnati fighting for its playoff life right now, and it's it's such a great story because the as we mentioned, the North is so up for grabs right now. Pittsburgh and the Ravens are flailing right now. The Bengals are getting one game, is certainly not a shriek, but certainly looking a lot better. And some experts are saying, you know what, I think they might run the table or close to it and wind up getting that playoff spot. We'll see, of course, and it starts on Sunday. But this matchup with two teams fighting for something is are the Bills experience and talent level when you when you combine it all together, overwhelming or what we I mean? I think the lines what like five five six, so five and a half. I mean, it's not as close as you would think it would be. But Matt, I just I'll be honest with Isabell's fan and Bengals fan, the Bengals feel like the better team right now.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not sure that I agree with that.
Speaker 5: You know, it's interesting with Buffalo, as you mentioned, they're eight and four, and that seems disappointing just because expectations were so high.
Speaker 3: They dominated their division. They started four and zero. It felt like they were the best team in the AFC certainly at that point and maybe in the NFL. And they've been a five hundred team since. And they've got kind of some head scratching losses. They lost to the Falcons, they lost to the Dolphins, they gave up eight facts two weeks ago against Houston. It's still a really good team.
Speaker 5: Josh Allen is obviously one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. James Cook is second in the NFL and rushing and had seven one hundred yard games. And they're playing at home where they won sixteen out of their last seventeen. So I'm not willing to say that Cincinnati is the better team. But I will say this, this is what they do, right, I mean, they get to December and they go on a run. Dak Taylor has been criticized and fairly criticized for the team's slow starts. I'm not sure he's ever gotten the same amount of credit for their strong finishes. So let's go back to twenty twenty one, the Super Bowl year. They were a game over five hundred. They were seven and six, and then they won the next six games that they were trying to win. So I'm going to toss out the regular season finale when they rested their starters, but they finished the regular season winning their last three. Then they won three straight in the playoffs to get the Super Bowl. The next year they were four and four. They won ten in a row before they lost the AFC Championship game to Kansas City. Last year, of course, they won their last five to at least stay in the playoff hunt until the last day of the regular season. So that's three out of the last four years. Six game winning streak, ten game winning streak, five game winning streak. It's what they do, so I am not ruling out the possibility of winning five more in a row to stay in the hunt and then hope that Baltimore loses too and Pittsburgh loses too, and if that happens, they're in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean, it's simple math right well, and also the I mean, let's face it that Joe Burr the Beggels have had the Bill's number for a while. It's just one of those teams they can't get past. But we'll see what happens Sunday. And I think it's gonna be a great game either way. And Dan and Lapp will have a call from Snowy Orchard Park on Sunday. I'll see you there, buddy. Have a great game and safe travels. We'll talk again in about a week.
Speaker 3: Sounds good, Clony, have fun.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you you too, Thanks again, Voice of the Bengals and of course Bearcats. Tonight it is the Crosstown shootout. Dan Horde with the call courtside at Cinta Center. Can you see do something they haven't done since Dan had an afro, and that is win win at X. We'll find out tonight on the Home of the Cats. Seven hundred wwbman.
Speaker 3: Who has entertainment reporting, of course through his veins which makes him a medical.
Speaker 7: Offity is ABC, Will Gans from New York.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Will Dans. How are you, sir?
Speaker 7: I am good. Happy Friday, too.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday. Cannot wait for it, cannot wait for it. A bunch of stuff going on. Let's start in theaters where the New Knives Out movie is on a limited basis, though it's gonna be like a general release eventually with Daniel Craig and Glenn Close and company.
Speaker 7: That is exactly right. So what if I told you that you only have to wait one week for this thing to pop up on your Netflix?
Speaker 2: Because yeah, it kind of started getting into a little bit and then fall out, but I gotta get back in. It's a great show. And I'm wondering, well, okay, well why is this the theaters if it's gonna be on Netflix a week?
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 7: So, the big consideration for movies like this, particularly when you do have performances from Glenn Close that could be up for awards nominations, Daniel Craig writing, and stuff from Ryan Johnson is in order for something to be considered for oscars, they have to spend a minimum amount of time in a minimum amount of theaters. So I think you know, a lot of the studios will say, all right, we'll put this thing in five hundred theaters across the country and you know, leave it there for a couple of weeks, and then we'll bring it to the people on Netflix. So that's what's going on here. But I will say this movie Wake Up Dead Man is one of my favorite things I've seen this year. So if you're looking for a reason to go to the theaters this weekend, I can't recommend this enough, although I would understand if anyone wanted to wait to watch it. It'll be on Netflix next Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just sit in So they're doing is just to get an oscar. Now I'm as opposed to actually anyone going to the theater and seeing it. Yeah, I would say that that's that's correct. Yeah, because it's like, well, if you don't have net fight, don't get it all right, interesting times in which we we live, that's for sure. Let's go to the small screen here. Peacocky has something called all Your Fault just keeps showing up in my cue. Is it worth hitting play?
Speaker 7: I think yes. So Sarah Nook is the lead, and a lot of people might remember her from succession. She's the sister and Ship and Succession, and she of course won some Emmys for that. So she plays a mom who uh sets her son up for a playdate with another mom at the school and and her son, but when she goes to pick the kid up from the play date, uh, the address that she was given is wrong and the mom's phone number that she had is disconnected, and now her son is missing. So it's eight episodes and she is trying to figure out who took her son and why, and you know it's it's she's got a husband and he has some siblings, and it starts starts to feel that everyone close to her may not be as trustworthy as she thought. So it's a little soapy, it's a it's definitely dramatic, but you know, she's fantastic in it, and lots of twists and turns for anyone looking for a mystery like that. And all eight episodes are streaming on Peacock.
Speaker 2: Now wait, just drop your kid off at a neighbor's house and do any background check. What the hell's going on with this world?
Speaker 7: Hey, listen, it makes for an excellent TV show.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I like I'm saying, and then I know, Melissa McCarthy's back this weekend on SNL.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so on the other end of the spectrum if Missing Kids is a little too heavy for you right now, Melisa McCarthy will be hosting SNL for her sixth time. It's her first time back since twenty seventeen. And you know, she is just one of I think, at least in this current era, one of the best SNL hosts. Do you remember she played Sean Spicer for.
Speaker 2: A little while.
Speaker 7: That was hilarious. So we will have to see what she's up to this weekend. And and you know, typically when people have hosted five times or more, they come back with a little bit of a gang you know, like I So I wouldn't be surprised if maybe Tina fe and Amy Polar show up, or Steve Martin and Martin Short, they bring back a lot of those those longtime you know hosts and special guests and stuff. So that is, of course Saturday Night Melissa McCarthy hosting SNL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's always been great on SNL. Of course, you know, Gangbusters came out, and Bridesmaids and and just was rolling for a long time. But what what's the deal with her career. I'm not saying your career is, you know, gone down the tubes or anything like that. But she doesn't have that pop she used to.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, I mean she's I guess maybe been taking a little bit of a break. I wouldn't be surprised if she's writing something. She's married to, uh Ben Falcone, who's also a writer and performer as well. So yeah, I don't you know, I don't think there's anything negative happening. I just think she probably you know, hasn't needed maybe to work as much as she as she was.
Speaker 2: No, maybe maybe it's just maybe something as simple as that. Well good for her because all of us want to work less. Correct Yes, yes, yes, yes, I know, I'll put you on the spot. Did you see J Kelly or No?
Speaker 7: I have not seen J Kelly yet, but yeah, we it's getting a lot of buzz.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: Golden Globe nominations will announced on Monday morning, and I would not be surprised if we hear J Kelly several times throughout the morning. I mean, Hollywood loves movies about Hollywood, and George Clooney is pretty much beloved by everybody. You know, people just say he's so disarming, and I think he's pretty much playing himself in this movie. You know, he's playing an aging Hollywood movie star. And yeah, so it has all the all the trappings of Oscar bait and Golden Globes bait written all over it.
Speaker 2: I think, well, as a Cincinnati guy and his dad was Cincinnati guy. You know, we all love George Clooney here in the Tri State and you know, see that movie come out. It was an aged movie star. But if you haven't seen him in the last number of years, the guy who is he's talking about pivoting Adam Sandler, and the last couple of dramatic roles he's played has been absolutely phenomenal.
Speaker 7: He is incredible. I mean, yeah, you're exactly right, Like talk about a second act. You know, he switched from Billy Madison and water Boy to you know, Uncut Gems and all of these incredible films that you know, people are always where did this come from? But you're right, he's crushing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I enjoy the last number of movies he's been even really really strong. So look forward to seeing this anyway, he is a Will Gance in New York at Will Dance two s's so there you go, knives out in theaters. But wait a week it'll be on Netflix. And then Peacock as Sarah Snook Melissa McCarthy on SNL and Jay Kelly with George Clooney is on Netflix. I believe Netflix. Yes, all the best, Buddy will talk next week.
Speaker 7: Thanks again, all right, thanks again, have a great man.
Speaker 2: Right, I appreciate it. There you go if you're maybe I don't know between sports and now we've got the Crosstown shootout tonight at Sinta Center. Can the Bearcats do what they haven't done since two thousand and one? And that's actually when there we'll find out. We've got the Bengals on Sunday, Sunday Sunday. Still waiting to hear what. By the way, with speaking of U see bowl games, and I'm not sure where they're going, but we'll see what the speculation is. Not exactly you know, I fed in the cat the last number of games for Scott Centerfield, but nonetheless to go to a bowl maybe like the Motor City or something like that, could be the Mayo Bowl. That probably not the Pop Tart Bull that's almost too much, not quite sure, And I said Bengals on Sunday at Buffalo against the Bills. I think it's gonna be pretty good game. Actually, maybe just like two teams running. If you like the running game, that may be it. Right there. We'll find out together here All that and more this weekend. Scott Sloan Show continues in about four minutes on seven hundred WW Friday Morning with Sloaney here seven hundred wlw Welcome to It's get to Austin about twelve thirty five today here on the show. Fuck a little bit more sports action. Uh do we have a deadbeat mayor? This is the damnedest story. Uh so, if you haven't heard yet, Mayor a f Taed pure Vall of Cincinnati had his car repossessed. It's making news. Wait a bit, you're the mayor and you're getting your car repode? How does that work? What are you doing? What are you thinking? Here's what I think and kind of knowing a this because you know, uh, renting properties and stuff like that. I've seen tenants before. Who I you know, when you have credit reports, poll to see if they're going to actually pay rent, you know, how well or not well they're doing. And it's funny because he seen that before, where you have someone who's making more than enough morning to afford the rental, and yet for some reason, every single month they pay late. They pay the thirty five dollars laid fee after grace period of ten days. They yeah, middle of the mouth, they gotta pay. Well, yeah, I could see you know, your living paycheck to paycheck, maybe not paid to the fifteenth or something along those lines. And some of those as well. And this one though, was like, were you pretty doing all right? You should have the money. There's some people that just literally give zero. You know what, I wonder if I have to have that guy. I don't know what that says about him as a politician or a mayor for that matter. And I'll let you decide what that mean. I don't know if it means anything, but I've seen that before, Like you got your car repossessed. You know there's auto pay, right, you're not super old, were you don't understand how that works? And you know you're still showing up and paying in cash or writing a check once a month or something like that. And you know, I have other other attendants who are older and they have a fear of anything, you know, but involving technologies, they're going to get a money order to write a check or something like that and whatever. There's a fee for that as well. It's like it's just easier to have it drawn out of you account once a month. You never to forget it. But yeah, the afterthing, it's really weird because you know, he said, well, you know, I just I didn't know that. I thought I had autopay on. It wasn't. Here's the thing, so, you know, we moved over the summer and I have it set up for our house from Duke, and honestly, seriously, just what two days ago I received notice from Duke that said, hey, the your tillers are going to get shut off in ten days if you don't pay just f way, and they texted me, I got an email, I got a phone call. And it's because I thought it was on at the payment wasn't. That's a legitimate mistake, like, oh, I thought I had that set up, got it set up, and okay, no problem whatever. So I don't know much about the repossession game, but know enough about the law to go I'm pretty sure they just don't show up after sixty days and take your rig. I've never been through that. Maybe you're in the I don't know, maybe we had any REPO agents listening to the show tot truck drivers. I'm curious because it seems to me that you would have a couple notices initially that you're passed to. You know, I missed your payment, you missed one payment, two payment, whatever it might be. I don't know how many payments you missed before they take your stuff, But given to the first one, they give you enough notice. There's letters, there's calls, there's emails, Hey, payment's overdue, and then within thirty to sixty days, and that thirty sixty to win it. Then you get the default notice where hey, guess what you're in default and we may repossess your vehicle if you don't catch up. And then in some states, and I think, oh HOYAUA is one, it's called right to cure, and lenders have to send you a formal file notice, a final notice to bring the loan current before they can repossess. So it's not like it's, hey, I missed my bill. Oh I'm going to hit a late fee. It has to go on for literally a couple month, a few months of not paying your bill before before they repossess your car. So that then brings in the question of like, well, you know, I know his wife is a I believe she's in internest, she's a doctor. He makes you one hundred and what is it, fifty to sixty grand? Whatever it is is mayor so you know they're doing well. Now you don't know what they're how their day to days aren't what they spend their money on. There's a lot of people who make a lot more money than that and live paycheck to paycheck. There's a lot of people who make a lot less than that and can save some money. Just depends how now you're wired. But I look at that and go yeah. Initially it's like, Okay, just thought he had autopy. He didn't. But how many notifications do you get from the lender before they repossess your vehicle. It has to be several and not just oh, we emailed you got the wrong email address. They've got you. You know, you took out a loan, They've got your phone number, they have your address, they've got your email, They've probably I think at some point probably sent you a registered letter or something like that. I just I don't understand why I'm getting the benefit of doubt here is why you would ignore that, unless, of course, maybe he did ignore it deliberately. I don't know if we'll ever know, but it certainly is an interesting damnedest thing, or if I mayor having his car repossessed interesting, very very interesting. I was asked, well, we'll get in this in just a little bit here too. By the way, we've been talking a lot about medical debt and the like, and Michelle grimmleb be here momentarily. There's a bill that's under consideration now in the state House that will involve that and getting people relief and actually buying these things so allow it's more subsidient. This is interesting taking the money and a buying debt for pennies on the dollar and paying people's and discharging people's medical debt in the state. And it's not just a Democrat type of thing. Republican. I believe Genie Schmidt is the one who is also sponsoring this. We'll talk to about we'll talk about that coming up next, I should say. Right after a quick news update on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage. This as seven hundred WW. Since don't want to Scott's long show back on seven hundred WLW. Fun fat. Here's a fun fact to start your busy day. The amount of money that we spend in healthcare in the United States has tripled since two thousand, So in less than a quarter century, less than twenty five years, the amount of money we spend on healthcare has tripled. So one point four trillion to five trillion, pretty close to triple. Right in the fall, the city of Cincinnati gave money to wipe wipeout medical debt. Kind of a controversial story, but that was done just a few months ago as a matter of fact. So next up, though, state wide, is Ohio's Medical Debt Fairness Act. What is that? Well? Well, Ohio Representative Michelle Grim out of Toledo, out of the Glass Cities here, she is a sponsor of House Bill two fifty seven. Michelle, how are you?
Speaker 6: I'm great? How are you, Scott?
Speaker 2: I'm doing fine? All is well in the Glass City?
Speaker 6: I presume, yeah, all as well?
Speaker 2: All right? I had I think Gary Jeff Walker, one of our guys at work here, was driving through Toledo, was thinking to me, said I stopped and had a Pacos honky dog. And let me tell you something, if you're passing through child to stop at Tony Paco's and get some chili, get a honky dog. Much different than Cincinnati style, but pleasing none the loss. All right, So medical debt has I think it's the still the leading source and has been for a while leading source on paid bills and credit reports for a long time now. In medical debt's like sixty percent of consumer debt on credit reports, which is incredible. So that those that's the rail that we're facing here. So what does House Bill two fifty seven do? What's your proposal to do?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: So House still two fifty seven would do three key things. It would prohibit hospitals collectors from reporting on credit reports, it would band wage gurnishment, and it would cap interest of medical debt odes to three percent, because right now we have a statutory eight percent interest, so that would cap that at three percent.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's start with a three percent medical to the interest that you would pay right now on any medical bill is certainly higher than three percent, and that keeps up with inflation, presumably tied to maybe tied to inflation here. But typically how much of that debt are we talkingbou how much should people just pay an interest on medical debt?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: So I, you know, I think that's hard to gauge, but I would say that the average person has about the average person PAS medical debt has about twelve hundred dollars, and while we don't report under five hundred dollars and credit reports right now, that's taking away about the majority of people who have medical debts and not giving them a chance to repair their credit or purchase.
Speaker 6: A home or even get a job.
Speaker 4: Because credit reports are they can hinder people getting a job, or getting an apartment or getting a mortgage. So so that that leaves a lot of people out well.
Speaker 2: Getting getting insurance for that. But like car insurance for example, everybody pulls your credit.
Speaker 4: Report now, yeah, for sure, And so our bill would prohibit any type of credit reporting and medical debt.
Speaker 2: All right, So on that one of the one of the complaints you hear from the debt collection industry, which I can't imagine a lot of people siding with the debt collection industry, but it says, hey, listen, you're essentially encouraging people to be dead beats. Basically, what they're saying is that if you take the conscious consequence away from people for non payment, that's going to lead the higher healthcare costs for everyone because people look at it going, well, I don't have to pay it. The government's going too, and you know there's a moral hazard there obviously too. And that's that's the problem with universal healthcare is you know, well people just simply go to the emergency. If I don't have to pay for it, I'll overuse it. That's a theory.
Speaker 4: So you would still have to pay your bills, of course, because it would just not be on your credit report. But I would also argue that there's been studies that said medical debt is a poor indicator of paying other types of credit.
Speaker 8: So if you had credit.
Speaker 6: Cards, or paying your mortgage, or paying.
Speaker 4: Your light bill, your electric bill, but if you have medical debt, that's a poor indicator of whether you're going to pay other debts back. And people do you want to pay off their medical bills. Medical bills can be medical debt can be embarrassing, but it's not their fault. It's really a fault of a broken system. It's not a debt of luxury.
Speaker 8: It is a debt of necessity.
Speaker 4: So that's what I would argue back, is that people people do want to pay their bills back, and putting these predatory practices in place hinders a lot of people from doing that.
Speaker 2: In that regard, Michelle Grim, is there a means test or income requirement? I mean, you know, it sounds all well and good that people do want to pay their debts off generally speaking, But how do we separate people who generally can't afford to pay versus those who simply say I'm not going to pay or choose not to pay.
Speaker 4: So I think that there when you look at the studies, it's a lot of people who cannot afford to pay, a lot of people do want to pay their bills, but they simply can't afford it.
Speaker 6: They're they're choosing.
Speaker 4: Between putting food on the table, or paying their their electric bill, or paying their mortgage, or paying their.
Speaker 3: Medical debt off.
Speaker 4: So it's it is a lot of people who don't have any savings or anything like that. A lot of people don't have one thousand dollars for an emergency, and that's why we're putting people in a bind with medical debt. But we want to help people with.
Speaker 8: House book to fifty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Michelle Grimm. She's out of Toledo House Bill two fifty seven. She's go sponsoring this one to help people with medical debt because one in three Ohioans carry some sort of medical debts. A number one cause of bankrow, I think with the top two costs of bankruptcy in the United States, but one drives the other. Job lessness would be number one, and health insurance bankruptcy is another one, and I think those two go hand in hand because for a lot of people, their jobs and healthcare tied together, which is part of the problem. This would limit medical interest to what you say, three percent a year. You can't guarn someone's wages for medical debt collection, and hospitals and providers can't report medical debt to credit agencies right now. And I think in the last few years were reformed it to be. I believe Michelle, unpaid medical bills were kicked over to credit reporting agencies after like sixty or on hundred and twenty days and now it's a full year correct correct. Yeah, So, I mean even the credit industry has said, hey, you know, we've got to wet, we got to ease back a little bit here Maan after a full year. Now, does that mean that people aren't making any payments whatsoever? If you pay a little bit of money, does that keep you from being reported to credit agencies? How does that work? Or is that with this what two fifty seven seeks to do.
Speaker 8: So I think it depends.
Speaker 4: I think typically I think if you're making payments that it would not be reported. But I think in some instances you will see reports that like people are making payments or maybe they fell behind so and you know what I was talking about before, they maybe sell behind one or two months and then it gets reported on the credit report. So you know, the system isn't really fair for consumers, and we want to make it a little fair for people to get ahead, for people to have a fighting chance. So you know, I think that a lot of the arguments against this too is around wage garnishments. I do want your listeners to look up this article from Signal, Ohio about a rural hospital of Logan County who has who has sued twenty seven hundred patients in the last two years. Yeah, and a lot of their a lot of the judgments in court were wage garnishments. So people are paying up to twenty five percent of their they're getting up to twenty five percent of their checks garnished their payroll checks, plus they're paying that eight percent interest, So.
Speaker 2: That's that's pretty cool. I think most people listening, Oh wow, okay, I'm not quite sure I want to stay can medical bills at the same time, like, how am I supposed to live if i'm that's almost like child support? Right in child support, you had a conscious shouldn't have a child, and you provide for your child. That's a different matter than Hey, I just got sick, and maybe I got sick because it's something at work or I fell or something along the way, and it happens all of us at some point or another. And now that we're taking a quarter of your wages, that seems confiscate. How can you live on the other seventy five percent?
Speaker 8: And can I go back to what you just said?
Speaker 4: So we're not again, we're not suggesting that the state is paying medical bills. We're just saying we're going to have these parameters of credit reports, wage garnership, and interest rates.
Speaker 8: So I just wanted to kind of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: I was referring more to what we did in Cincinnati not long ago when council approved a million and a half to a nonprofit that collected money and wiped out about two hundred twenty million debt for twelve thousand Cincinnatians and just buying the debt from the credit companies.
Speaker 4: So I asked, actually did that in Toledo about It'll be three years ago, So Toledo kind of led the way for cities. County was the first one, and so we actually eliminated debt for about one hundred and twelve thousand people around the region, including forty three thousand Lucas County residents. And that no profit is undo medical debt. They do great work, so and they negotiate directly with the hospitals.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I contemplate that one because this is outside of your scope as a state lawmaker, Michelle Grimm. But the beef I have, like, for example, the government shutdown over Obamacare and the ACA. You know we're fighting over subsidy is the problem. It's not not healthcare. We're so we're taking money from a group of taxpayers and transferring it to another money of ped taxpayers without addressing the problem in Congress for a long time, and we would need all this stuff if we would just reform healthcare properly instead of having Democrats and Republicans fight each other and and do this insane stuff. I mean, Obamacare, it makes it doesn't make it affordable. Uh, it's extremely expensive, is the problem. The Affordable Care Act is a misnomer. You're just here, You're subsidizing something that's extremely expended. Let's figure out why we're paying you know, three times more than most double what most countries are for less health care doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, I would absolutely agree with that, and I would I would say that a lot of people in the healthcare space, looking at the core problem, which is our work at healthcare system, it would absolutely agree with that. And so I know we're here not to talk about and do. But what what they're able to do is they're able to purchase that pennies on the dollar from hospital systems or second second, the secondary market.
Speaker 8: But you know, people do.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: People, you know I've gotten I've gotten a lot of emails and a lot of calls saying like I got a letter from New Medical Debt, thank you very much. It really did help a lot of people. But yes, you are correct, it does not solve the broken healthcare system, right, and you know that's what you know, that's what we need to keep working on. And so bills like House still to fifty seven they make the rules a little bit fairer.
Speaker 8: But we still have a lot of.
Speaker 3: Work to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mentioned Logan County, Small and Logan Counties right in our listing areas in the I think around the where the Armstrong Space, you know, Wapa Canetta up that way. Yeah, yeah, about an hour an hour and a half hour forty minutes from us here in Cincinnati, So Logan County pastor, and if you're going up north to Toledo, for example, so in that county you said that, you know, they're garnishing people's wages and like, and I kind of get that in a sense is I don't know if they're being confiscatory and it's you know, the evil capitalists world. This mustache in the corner lighting a cigar with one thousand dollars bills. But in some sense, hospitals, and especially rural hospitals are under struggles right now. We're having a number of them close as a result of the healthcare system which is not going to serve anyone in those areas. How do you ensure they still get fair payment while protecting the patients from excessive debt collection practices.
Speaker 4: So I think what's going to hurt our rural hospitals in the long run is the cuts to Medicaid and Medicare and also the increased costs because the ACA SUN subsidies.
Speaker 8: May go away.
Speaker 4: So that's going to be really where they're going to get hit the hardest. It's not gonna be because they can't put it on our report or they can't garnish wages. A lot of hospitals actually don't garnish wages or through their patients. This is actually a pretty aggressive practice with this one hospital because actually a lot of hospitals.
Speaker 8: Don't do that.
Speaker 4: They you know, tend to try to work with the patient or or they you send it to that collection, right, But not every but not every hospital does that. A couple of the hospitals in the area in the state have said that this doesn't this build has those two fifty seven doesn't really affect us. It doesn't affect our operations.
Speaker 8: So but so, yeah, that's what I would say is.
Speaker 2: That maybe it's just but maybe more like the rural I mean, because you look at rural areas that are losing population and they've got one hospital or clinic and now you've got fewer people in there. So I get the model. Whereas in Cincinnati and Dayton, Toledo, in bigger cities, you can absorb those costs, but better you have more people to draw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but again I think that what's coming down the pipeline here is our cuts to Medicaid and our cuts to Medicare and the AC subsidies going away. It's really going to hurt our rural hospital system. Not prohibiting putting medical debt or credible.
Speaker 2: It's a hospital two fifty seven, and medical debt is a crisis in America, has been for a long time. Makes up about sixty percent of our consumer debt. This would limit the interest on that to three percent a heared capit of three percent interest, ban wage garnishment for medical debt collections, and stop hospitals and providers and debt collectors from reporting that debt to credit agencies provided you're paying something. I mean, isn't it safe to say in the end most hospitals, gey, hey, listen, I owe all this money, and here's what I make. We've got to work on a payment plan, whether it's you know, twenty bucks a month or something like that, which you'll never touch it, but at least I'm giving you something. Does that satisfy most hospitals if put the effort in so, you know, I think I can't speak for the hospital systems, but certainly a lot of the hospital.
Speaker 4: Systems do work out payment plans. They also offer charity care options. People can ask for charity care options. Then I would really encourage uh folks to do that and just kind of look at all of your options. So if you if you do have medical debt or bills you can't pay, ask questions. So this is kind of my call to action for everybody. Ask questions. Ask you know, hey, why was I charged this? Or can I set up.
Speaker 8: A payment plan?
Speaker 4: Or hey, I can't afford this right now? So I would say keep you know, negotiate with the hospital or the debt collection agency, and just make sure that you're uh negotiating that way, because you you do have negotiating power and you can work on uh making sure.
Speaker 8: That you you do you do keep up with.
Speaker 4: Your bills and you don't fall behind, and it does go on your credit report until you know, until just stas so so so yeah, I would say, like, you know, just work, you know, talk, talk to the hospitals, look at your medical bills, ask questions, and you know the hospitals should be happy.
Speaker 3: To work with you.
Speaker 2: Right. Uh, Michelle, that you have biopartisan sport for those a bipartination.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, absolutely, it touches every So my my joint sponsor is Representative Jean Schmidt.
Speaker 8: So uh, you know, it.
Speaker 4: Touches everybody's district, everybody's district. Ye, so you know it's not just rural districts or urban districts or suburban district is everybody's district.
Speaker 6: And everybody everybody.
Speaker 4: Knows someone who has had medical debt or has medical debt currently. And you know, again, we want to make sure that the playing field is a little fair for people, and we want to make sure people get ahead and not keep them down. And I think the household two fifty seven, Uh, while it doesn't fix everything, it makes us a little bit closer to uh.
Speaker 8: A fare system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes sense. Jeene Schmid in the sixty second district, so you know, fairly rural areas there too, Claremont County, so it has urban and rural support. And it's bipartisan, which I like a lot. And it also helps people and it doesn't seem to unfairly incentivize someone not to pay their bills, which which I like. She is Michelle Grimm, Democrat at Toledo Houspill fifty spence two fifty seven, along with Jeanie Schmidt here in Claremont County, and I wish all the best, thanks again for coming on the show. Thank you Scott so too long didn't read. We have a government buying back medical debt from pennies on the Dottarm to discharge that debt for Ohioans, while the other side of the government causes our healthcare insurance to be so cost prohibitive people go into debt for it. One hand, I don't know breaking the other so to speak. I don't know what to make of this. Just address the core issue about that, not at the state level, but at the federal level. We've got a news update. We'll switch it up. Bengals at Buffalo this week and Austin Elmore here from ESPN fifteen thirty. We'll talk about that and Kyle Schwarber watch as well on seven hundred W WELW. Here we go on this Friday morning, sports, sports and more sports At ten forty one. Austin Elmore from ESPN fifteen thirty is here. He's on at noon with Tony Pike and here to talk about everything sports, including the Crosstown shootout tonight. Dan Hord told me at nine oh six that he had an afro the last time that the UC Bearcats won at Sinta Center, which I fully believe two.
Speaker 9: Thousand and one. Yeah, I'm sure Dan had some last hair. I'm sure Dan had some lettuce up there. Sick chatty, we need to uncover some of those old Dan Ord photo.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I wonder like, did he ever go through a phase when he was in his late teens early twenties where you know, it grew out a little sit I added down by.
Speaker 2: The shoulders that looked like a dandelion. Yeah, I would like to see if I'm sure Dan's listening, Dan, feel free to send those photos along, they said, I naphro and yeah, two thousand and one, and where he has probably had like the acid washed denim jacket with the teal and the cranberry color. I could totally see in the nineties. Yeah, look about him. So all right, we got to shoot out tonight. Yeah, does you see get off the schneid? Probably not? No, No, you can't.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 9: I mean, why should I believe? It's been twenty four years since they've won there. I need to like actually see it to believe that they're going to do it. And I think both these teams are kind of going in the opposite direction. Like Xavier has a really bad start but has slowly, you know, increased and trended up since then, whereas Cincinnati they just really are kind of meddling below what anybody expected them to be, still struggling a little bit offensively, inconsistent shooters, They've had some injuries. They just never feel like they show up when they're supposed to show up. I think for the sake of the rivalry, it would be great rate if you see goes in there and wins. I do think though, it would be really funny if in two seasons, with two very different expectations on both sides, Xavier once again is the boogeyman to you see, And I would be curious to see what that would mean for Wes Miller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you know what that that is absolutely correct.
Speaker 9: I mean I truly don't have a dog in the fight, Like I have no allegiance to either one of them. But to me, the story is less about the game and more about what happens to Wes Miller if they lose it. That's that if the Bearcats lose it, So that to me is the story of the shootout.
Speaker 2: Radsury signed Emilio Pegan with a really good contract actually two years ten and he gets, you know, one year out for the club and all that, and some people are reading that as well, that's because they're getting everything together to sign Kyle Schwarber. How much are we buying that that that's gonna happen because there's a Yeah, there's a lot of smoke there. Yeah, but I just wonder if it's not off season. I think there's a lot more smoke than anybody anticipated. And when you look at legitimate Major League Baseball insiders, guys like Ken Rosenthal and Buster Only and Jeff Passen and John Hayman, when all those guys are saying something that tells me that there is serious interest by the Reds to try to pursue Kyle Schwarber. I also think there is interest from Kyle Schwarber to play in Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: Why wouldn't there be that? Being said, he's thirty two years old and this is his last chance to really cash in. So, if you're Schwarber, do you want to take a hometown discount? Because the Reds are not. Even if they make an exception to spend more money this offseason than what we have already been told they're going to spend, they're still not going to be able to compete with Philadelphia and New York and others.
Speaker 2: From a financial standpoint.
Speaker 9: Now, let's be clear, the Reds have more money and they can spend more money than they let on. They choose not to spend more more money. That is their choice. They run the business, that's their you know, their progative. They can do whatever they want with their money. However, it makes you wonder would they be willing to make an exception on their business plan and their model to go after Kyle Schwarber And what would that mean in return? More season tickets, more Jersey sales, more. I think these are the things they're trying to balance. I think they want Kyle Schwarber at their price, which might be it would require, truthfully, Bob Castellini, the and the Red's ownership group to make an exception for the way that they plan on building this team. I don't know if that's going to happen, but I do think it's a lot more realistic than anybody thought it would be going into this office.
Speaker 2: One of those were they're paying him ten years after he That's that's a great way point.
Speaker 9: And I've been trying to ask around it and kind of wonder what the Reds thoughts are on that, because they haven't done it a long time. Griffy just expired a couple of years ago. Bronson Arroyo was the last guy. I think that they did it with right and with a labor a workstopage almost certainly going to happen next summer. I wonder how much that would play into the role on both sides, Kyle Schwarber thinking about money down the road or the Red's thinking about money down the road. Yeah, all right, well we'll see how that plays out. There's plenty of time.
Speaker 2: In a lot of time, let's get to the game on Sunday the Bengals at the Bills Orchard Park and get a little bit of snow, nothing crazy thirty one degrees and some snow flurries. I will point something out because I know you love things like this. Austin Elmore that can only imagine what this is going to be. At high Mark Stadium, they have like the Bengals do here, they have something called the battle Boat and it's a I don't know where you get it, but it's a boat of waffle fries. Oh. On one half of this they introduced this last year and it's a big hit waffle fries. On one side is the Buffalo style ingredients, which would be shaved roast, beef, chatter, horse, Riddish pickle, caraway seeds. So it's a beef on weck sure, okay, as opposed to a chicken wing one. What do you think that since Natty Sis you said waffle fries, waffle fries and they do team ingredients there, so sure there would be some sort of chili like a chili cheese fry type of thing, kill bassa coleslaw, barbecue sauce, sweet pickles. So that's like, that's not us at all that's Cleveland. Yeah, yeah, that's insulting. You mean, this is the straw. There you go, it's over there, you go. You guys have done It's it's too far. It's a bridge, a bridge. We've got to polish people all of the kind of operation or you guys run just I'm just putting it out.
Speaker 9: Everybody's focused on the new stadium. Nobody really thinking right, got to step up? Can you get so? It makes me wonder the last time the Bengals played there was in the playoffs. Did they serve that then?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: No, this is the second year they've done the bat Speaking of boats, I want to give a shout out really quickly to the Baltimore Ravens because on Thanksgiving night when the Bengals played there, they gave away to all their fans a Baltimore Ravens gravy boat. What an awesome giveaway for Thanksgiving. Yeah, that's a really good idea. A gravy boat. Yeah damn, that's a little of Baltimore Ravens and Sidney gravy boat.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, instead of like you know, a mug or something.
Speaker 9: When the last time the Bengals did a giveaway at a game other than like rally towels. I don't know that they ever had that. I can remember that they sent for now any of the Reds. Their whole identity is bobblehead.
Speaker 2: Bobblehood.
Speaker 9: I have a friend who went to the Bengals Giants game last year. They gave away a Tom Coughlin bobblehead. He brought it back for me. It was cool as hell. That's pretty cool. I don't think the Bengals do that. No, I wish they would. There, I've said it, all right, you guys spoke your peace. Let's talk about this game. I don't know what make of this game. I don't know which team show. I don't know which Bengals team shows up. I don't know which Bills team shows. Yeah, two very similar teams in the sense of like one minute they look like they're really good and the next minute they look like they could miss the playoffs. And it feels like from what I've been reading with Buffalo that they kind of feel like their back is up against the walls, especially offensively. Yeah, they ran the ball for two hundred and fifty yards last week against Pittsburgh, but the pass game still hasn't been great. Joe Brady's under a lot of pressure, and hell Sean McDermott said, we know our backs are against the wall because they're trying to make a run at winning the division and being able to host a playoff game, and the way New England's playing, I don't know that that's going to be possible. But the way that the Bills have played, it's been very inconsistent. And the Bengals offense, I think is right now trending in the right direction against Buffalo because Buffalo's defense is one of the worst in the NFL against the run. The Bengals offense running the football over the last month and a half has been the best in the National Football League. And here's a ridiculous stat that I bet you know as a Bills fan that a lot of people listening don't know. The Buffalo Bills have a higher missed tackle percentage than the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 2: Yes, I knew that. Is that not hard?
Speaker 9: If you've watched a Bengals game this year, you've seen the worst tackling team maybe in history, But the Bills are actually worse.
Speaker 2: I watch both teams every week and I'm not going to say this, the date is wrong, but I don't see it. I mean, maybe it's because the Bengals a lot with on bigger plays, maybe, but the inability to tackle solo just perplexes me to And then when you're looking for it, you see it more. You know, it's one of those.
Speaker 9: Now it's like fifteen percent for Buffalo, thirteen percent for the Bengals, so it's very close. But either way, I think you could look at this and say, maybe it's a track.
Speaker 2: But the thing that ails the Bills is and it sounds I'm not making excuses because there's a number of things outside of this that ail the Bills as well, is the number of injuries, and it's just it is not it's a non stop. It's not. I think there're two or three league now, you know, when your kicker doesn't kick for the entire season, it's gonna be one of those years. And even you know, this past week we're like, okay, well cornerbacks, we'll get into that. But you know when you sign a guy that says, yeah, you know what I think about retiring, and then the guy in Jamarkus King of the cornerback did for Darius Slay. The guy that you release make room on the squad goes to get signed by Houston, and now not only you're down essentially two cornerbacks.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, By the way, T Higgins is coming back this week. At least it looks that now it's Slay now he you know, Chase lit him up when he was in Pittsburgh in Week seven, So it's not like, okay, it's a world stop.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's a lot of layers to the Darius Slay thing. I think he wanted to be a Philadelphia Eagle, and Drew Rosenhaus, his agent, is obviously a very powerful agent, and I think maybe trying to strong arm the Bills or whatever, and the Bills should probably tell him to shove it. That's what I would do. But yeah, I mean, you talk about that, you talk about aj Epanessa. You're a linebacker who went down with a foot injury and practice the other day. Joey Bosa doesn't look like he's going to be able to play this week. Great edge rusher that they signed. You were missing both your starting tackles last week. Now I think they're gonna be able to play this week. Deon Dawkins and Spencer Brown, but yeah, I know, Trey Hender, it's yeah, no tray for the Bengals. Maybe not this week, maybe not ever again, but yeah, it's it's two teams that are in a very similar spot with polar opposite records.
Speaker 2: It's fascinating, no question. Yeah, And that's why you can it's hard to like, I know, the Bills are favored by five five and a half at home, and a lot of that's probably home, but you have no idea which team shows up and what they The Bengals if they can even put a damper on James Cook. If they can't, it's over. I agree with that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, ultimately, it's gonna come down to the Bengals' ability to stop the run. And you worry about, well, if you're selling out to stop the run, and what are you going to allow Josh Allen to do on the backside. And that's what makes Buffalo such a dangerous team and difficult to defend. And I think, honestly, it's the same situation for the Bengals right now. As I mentioned, their run game is as good as any in the NFL right now. And oh, by the way, Joe Burrow is back, Jamar Chase is still here. T Higgins is likely to come off of They're all back and they're all gonna be good to go. So, you know, I think the other thing, too, is and Joseph Osai said this after the game, that you just feel it and you can see it, and there is a difference in the locker room and a belief in the Bengals locker room when Joe Burrow is on the field, and that's sort of intangible, and that sort of leadership is something that you just can't measure. And for the guys that were here in January of twenty three when the Bengals went up there as six point underdogs like they are right now and handed it to the Buffalo Bills, there's got to be a lot of confidence from that group of players going into Buffalo there. We know how to play in the same situation. This place doesn't scare up. They're beat up, and.
Speaker 2: You know, and this time I have any wide receivers to throw too, And that's also part of the problem, explains A. And I think the takeaway game is gonna be big if Josh Allen continues to try and find guys that aren't open or break off on the wrong route could be good for for the Bengals.
Speaker 9: Second, one of the sneaky you know, turning points for the Bengals defense over the last couple of weeks has been number one. DJ Turner's having a great season outside at corner, and when Cam Taylor Britt went down, the Bengals moved Dax Hill to the outside, brought up Jalen Davis from the practice squad to play at the slot, and that has worked out really well when it comes to defending teams in the past game. I think that's an interesting one to work and we talk about how the Buffalo Bills often it seems like they're always looking for a wide receiver. Since Stefan Diggs left, the Bengals I think have a slight advantage against that group as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, later today new in ESPN fifteen thirty, Tony Pike, Austin Helmer, what do you got.
Speaker 9: We'll talk to Charlie Goldsmith. He outlined the path what it would actually take for the Reds to get Kyle Schwarber.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to him.
Speaker 9: We'll talk to Rick Brooring, who is the color commentator for NKU basketball but also Musketeer Report dot Com. We'll get the xavier side of things ahead of the Crossdown shootout tonight. We've also got Kyle Decker from the Red Brick Legacy looking ahead of the championship game with the Miami RedHawks. We'll do our picks and so much more. All Right, that's.
Speaker 2: Later today now on in THEESPN fifty. If I appreciate you, thank you, Sham. We'll get a news update in Scott's Loan Show Friday morning, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Do want to be an American?
Speaker 2: It's a Scott's Loan Show on seven hundred w LW. You always love once a month or so catching up with our friends at the Claremont County Veteran Services Commission. Steve Belso is the executive director there, joining the show this morning. And now you guys have had quite a year. As we kind of wrap up the surer to believe the year's gone already.
Speaker 3: Man, it's got I'll tell you what. It goes so fast. But when you get lost and just helping people out time, just screening by. So it's it's been a fantastic year for helping Come County veterans.
Speaker 2: When you look at the numbers for the year. How many have you served?
Speaker 3: Approximately, that's a little bit over twenty five hundred, still getting exact, but that also is twenty five hundred veterans and finally claims for benefits or healthcare as well as like emergency financial assistance helping to shore up veterans lives. So we've had a really good year helping veterans of Cremonk County.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome. That's that's quite a lot. Is it mainly the service, right? Is it mainly VA care or how would that break down?
Speaker 3: Say that again?
Speaker 2: I said, was it mainly v A care or how did that break how's the services you provide breakdown?
Speaker 3: Oh? Sure, So when you talk about the services of a county Veterans Service Office, it really like a three legged stool, and the three legs represent the filing to the VA for benefits and claims assistance, transportation to and from the VA for VA medical appointments, as well as emergency financial assistance. And those are the three core pillars of what we do in the Veteran Service Office.
Speaker 2: Gotcha? Gotcha? And I know you've added some help too as well. Well, that's good that you're growing so you can adjust your calendar and make more appointments and get more people service.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was absolutely needed. With usage of our transportation is we take vetterings from their home door to the VH front door and back home. And the increase in people desiring transportation through us has been exponential over the past year. So the fact that I've had to hire a number of new drivers as well as we purchased another vehicle just to help the fleet because we were doing a drop, run and grab someone else sort of the revolving door a van constantly moving. It's really been beneficial to add extra personnel to drive the hours the VA is setting appointments for but having another vehicle to assist in those appointments as well has been very beneficial. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love the fact, you know, you keep improving, you keep getting better, you add more services in the like we're talking off air about Mattia Mobility, the company I speak for Dave, my buddy Dave, where you know, it's a wheelchair that you stand up in. Basically it picks you up and lifts you up. You can and you guys, the VA was the first to lean into this technology saying yeah, we want our veterans to have this this capacity to actually stand up out of their chair, because yeah, a lot of people here, well you get the bare bones, basically get you know, surplus materials, you know, wheelchairs left from the nineteen seventies. Instead, it's not true at all. I mean, when it comes to tip of the spear, you guys are you're right, the VA's right there, and then you are able to navigate that field and get these devices for veterans. What VET think is that's just a great example of your motto, what you stand for and what the mission is.
Speaker 3: Absolutely when you think of the for how many years that we thought of the exoskeleton and taking the warrior in the battle because the soldiers load that which he's carrying has become so heavy they can't drag every thing with them. But if we give them an exoskeleton that they mount to themselves, you can add extra weight to it because the better themselves in the wartime is not carrying that weight. And now we transfer that to a non ambulatory uh situation where a bur in his wheelchair bound and now this exoskeleton is picking the individual up out of their wheelchair and given mobility, I'm glad you introduced that to me this morning. What a great concept.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is something else, and you know I demoed it. It's just such a game changer. But again, not to you know, turn into the commercial or anything like that. The fact of the matter is you guys want this. You want the best care possible for our veterans. And I think we often and on my show especially, you know, we take a jaded look at government, the inefficiencies, the incompetence, the problems, the finger point and lack of solving problems. You guys turned that paradigm completely around, flipped on.
Speaker 3: Sad we have we have And I spent twenty nine years on active duty and this was my role as a senior Marine. Is just ensuring the troops are fed. They're bad, they're they're taking care of the medical appointments are happening. Is what is missing? And how do you take care of your men and women and your unit. And it's the same way for me now in Claremont County, twelve and a half thousand veterans in the county. I call them my troops. It's how am I taking care of them? Are they getting the services that they need and what is the time frame which we're able to help them do. That is all in the forefront of my mind.
Speaker 2: He is Steve Balso with Claremont County Veteran Service Organization the VSO, and just kind of kicking the tires around what went on this year. If you're a veteran and you live in Claremont County haven't reached out yet, and there's anything you need, and you may think it's minor or trivial, they probably can get an answer for you at the very least, or get you the help you need at the very bus and do it in such an time efficient manner. You don't have time to navigate all this stuff, whether it's you know, medical appointments to get from the VA for just to check up, or just simple procedures take you to another doctor that you've been referred to. They can do all this and so much more, and they're hiring more and more drivers to transport veterans from their home to via medical appointments. And how about you doing a month.
Speaker 3: Now right now? For the past four months, we've done one hundred and thirty plus veteran transportations and that was with four vehicles. Now we have the fifth one added, so you know, twenty percent improvement over vehicle overuse. And then obviously there's there's maintenance, so you have to take a vehicle down, and oil changes, high rotations, everything else that comes into play. So bringing in a staff of drivers plus and additional vehicle. I will tell you the five commissioners of the Veteran Service Office for Claremont County support me one hundred percent in moving this office forward to include so only adding another Veteran Service officer that we then can reduce the wait time to get in to see servious officer to apply for your benefits that still aren't realized from your service.
Speaker 2: When you and I think for those of us who you know, let's face it, our tax money goes to fundness and it's such a you know, there's a lot of things we complain about paying taxes for. This is one I lean into and go good, this, this is a good use of my tax money is to support the vsos and all eighty eight counties in Ohio and the counties where you live. And that is the mandate from the state of Ohio. That's how you are funded to get veterans help. They need because it's almost like having a tax attorney. I've said in the past it's like, if you have enough, you know, you need a tax attorney or someone to figure out what your tax bill is or what you're going to get this year because you have no idea how to navigate that. That is true with the VA because it's a labyrinth of as you can imagine, bureaucracy, and the average person is especially if you're sick, you're under stress. You don't have time or the energy of the knowledge to navigate that. You need a specialist like you and the others there to do this for you. That said, to give the lay person, average person or maybe in a veteran, how many hours would be spent behind the scenes just getting someone I don't know the healthcare or something, a specialist or something along those lines, and get into treatment they need. How many hours are devoted to just like one patient?
Speaker 3: Great question. That's that's something too, because people like fingerprints, everyone's different, and to build out what is the media in time it wouldn't reflect anybody, but yet it's everybody. We actually did an hour and a half for every veterans appointment when they come through the doors. But the veterans also told know what you want to file for, make sure we have your D two fourteen on file. If you we don't bring a company with you, as well as supporting documentation to help us file your claim for you, because if there is no supporting documentation, the VA is going to kick it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need all that stuff, and it just you spend hours and hours just down one case. This is why you need more people working at the VAS, to the Veteran Service Organization, I guess, in order to navigate that. So the time spent would be considerable just for one person, but that they're working for you. So if you need that kind of help assistance, and it's not just VA care, there's other things that you do, right that will help a veteran correct.
Speaker 3: Right, right, So besides just getting you enrolled in via healthcare and or secondary to that is getting you to and from your VA medical appointments. And there was a veteran sent up to Cleveland to the Cleveland clinic a couple of months ago. We drove the veteran to the Cleveland clinic and the Ohio Revice Code stipulates that we are to transport veterans within the geographic vicinity of our VA hospital. And so I called the VIA Hospital Cincinnati and I said, well, what is our geographic vicinity? They use something that's called vistant. I can't tell you what the acronym stands for, but basically.
Speaker 2: Any in the military that is.
Speaker 3: No, no, we need one more. That is Michigan, Indiana and Ohio. That's their area. Even though there's multiple hospitals by the VA throughout the area. So there potentially is a large task on moving veterans to and from their VA medical appointments. The only thing Clermont, as a VSL office cannot do is we don't have non ambulatory vans such that there's no hift on our vans. I cannot take somebody in a wheelchair. However, we have partnered with the Claremont County Senior Citizens who has those type of vehicles that will pick up somebody in the wheelchair and take them to their VA appointment. So we've got everything covered for getting veterans to and from their medical appointments. But then, in concert with what you were asking about, Sonya, what else is there? There's also emergency financial assistance. The Ohio Revised Code has established that we're to help veterans within them a certain span of financial I guess disability, to bring them up out of the hole. If it's not just a handout, it's not a dollar to Jimmy on the corner. It's literally picking a veteran up and getting them re established so they can continue on with life. For many myriad reasons, these veterans will fall down, and the most common is helped. That's what we think, right, but there are things coming back from being within the fence, being on a base and then leading that full support and it's how do I navigate lifelow? So some really some assistance and then getting them moving forward. So it's really a great program. That's an anomaly throughout the United States that we have eighty eight counties in Ohio supported by the Ohio Revice Code that we are funded by the county to then take care of the veterans within our county.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think it's it's such an amazing mission. I'm glad you're there, and I'm happy to remind folks about that, primarily veterans who are listening. And you know, maybe you're fine right now, but as you get up in years again, healthcare. You fought and served our country. You're entitled to that. Don't think you're not, and everything that goes along with that. We and we could do more of course, as always, he's steep Also at the Climont County vs a Veteran services organization. If you're not in Claremont County, there's one in Butler, there's Warren. If you're in a county in Ohio, there's a veteran service organization there to help you and your needs. But he's the best. He's out of Claremont County. Steve, Happy holidays, brother, and I appreciate you, and we'll talk again in the new year.
Speaker 3: Tony. I look forward to it.
Speaker 2: All rights you as well. You have Merry Christmas as well. Scott's loan show, Quick time out. We've got news on the way in just minutes. And I mentioned I brought that up of the Mattia mobility chairs. I had a friend of mine reach out the other day about that thing and said, do you think I can get that with my insurance? Mike, Well, you could, yeah, I think that's entirely possible. It's not just veterans, because he has a loved one that needs that kind of assistance there in a wheelchair. Been in a wheelchair for like eight years and this thing comes along and God bless American research and development. It Basically how it works is instead of just sitting in a wheelchair, it has a it looks like one of those scooters you'd get like at the grocery store, maybe a little bit smaller than that too. And what it does is it retracts. It allows you to take this almost like if you see a window washer. They sit kind of like on a window washing rig. They sit on this poem form board basically film board. It goes underneath you. You latch it on the to the to the Tiam mobility chair. You press a button and it scoops you up, BLUs you from your bottom, and puts you in a standing position. And so you're sitting on that but your the front of your legs, your shins are pressed up against patting and uh it takes about five second thry to lift you up out of that chair or the seated position, and then you just roll. It's it's almost like like one of those anticap scooters that you see at a grocery store, except you're standing upright and think about how much that changes. It's like you're used to doing things that is sitting down, so everything has to be you know, on a house or example, or doing a remodel, and it has to be for someone who's disabled. You can now go and do things at counter height. You know, the microwaves over the stove. You can get coke cook on a stove again. You know, if you like doing that kind of stuff, you can go work in your shop and your garage and your car, whatever it might be. You can do all these things now. When it's time to sit back down, you press a button and it lowers you back down. You can go to the bathroom or it's a lot easier, it's a lot safer, and you can even there's videos that guys rolling these on the beach. You put just different tires on takes just if it it really is. But that's the kind of stuff that the the vsos are leaning into because they want that best for their veterans. And we often hear about the inefficiencies and the problems bureaucracy a government that you have everything that's left over and ser plus and broken. That's not the case anymore, for sure. So by thanks again to Steve for what he does for our community. And we've got news on the way. It's a Scott's Long show. This is seven hundred.
Speaker 10: The weekends coming on and you need to make the most demand where to go and what to do. She has the tips and inside to help you make it a super weekend.
Speaker 2: So listen up.
Speaker 10: This is the Local Loop with Allie Martin on seven hundred w L Jebbe on Friday.
Speaker 2: Here already ready to go. Let's go, let's go. What's up? Well, wait the other micro I think you're on my s There we go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: We'll put that on your Spotify rap.
Speaker 2: Let's go, what's up?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 11: You know, just literally reviewing my twenty twenty five Spotify lists of what my top artists are.
Speaker 1: Listen to this, listen to this.
Speaker 11: This is a new feature that they put on the Spotify wrap So if you don't know what Spotify Wrapped is, you know, Spotify is the platform that you play music and podcasting all that, and at the end of the year they give you a recap of, you know, how many minutes you've listened and your top artists and your top songs. And I was looking through it. This morning, and I'm slightly offended or I don't know, but it now says here is your listening age, and it cheers me up. It says age is just a number. By the way, yeah, my listening age. Take a guess you're listening age. I don't know, like fifty eighty six, eighty six?
Speaker 2: What are you listening to?
Speaker 11: Real? So my top genre the orchestra.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 11: I don't know, smooth jazz, house, indie pop, low fi indie, soul. Okay, all right, all right, so smooth jazz. So it says that my listening age is eighty six. So when you call me a grandma, I guess it makes sense. There you go, because I listened to a lot of dinner jazz. It's a holiday season Christmas jazz.
Speaker 2: Here we are my top genres. Yes, smooth jazz, is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Really?
Speaker 2: I don't like smooth jazz. I kind of I'm not like the smooth elevated music jazz.
Speaker 1: Would you like to play jazz playlist?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got some jazz in there. Album rock okay, hip hop okay, pop, yacht rock, yacht rock. Yeah. Age is just a number. Don't take it personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what is yours?
Speaker 2: Say, it's calculating my gosh, I'm so excited four hundred and seven. Let me see, no kidding, it's working on it right now, it's thinking about it.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 2: If I'm younger than you.
Speaker 11: It's because then everyone's posting it on social media and they get the recaps and some people are like, yeah, I'm my listening age is like twenty five, and you know the said person is thirty five.
Speaker 1: What is fifty? It says you're I don't clearly listen to it. A lot of smooth jazz, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, oh, oh my god, and everybody else is no one younger listens to jazz jazz, I don't.
Speaker 1: I talk about jazz all the time.
Speaker 11: And here's the thing. I will play it so much while I'm working, and so it's always it's the low fi. Low fi is on my top genres.
Speaker 2: I get it. I like the hip hop and rock is generally if I'm working out or something, need something, Yeah.
Speaker 11: But then I'm weird. I'm also a Pandora goal. People like does that still exist? Yes?
Speaker 10: It does?
Speaker 2: It does it?
Speaker 1: Sure does. I think they do.
Speaker 2: Better playlists depends what I'm in the mood for. If I'm like cooking or something, I'll throw Italian. I have thrown Sinatron like that.
Speaker 1: Top genre overlaps.
Speaker 2: Yes, jazz is uh yeah, I don't just something about it. I always like jazz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Christmas.
Speaker 2: And the other one is blues too.
Speaker 1: A lot of blues wasn't on your genre.
Speaker 2: It wasn't didn't show up, didn't show surprise. I feel it's not a different platform.
Speaker 11: I think that's sometimes I feel like they'll sneak in some blues into some of those jazz playlists. But anyway, 'tis the Christmas jazz season, and there is so much happening. Yes, when it comes to Christmas, I'm honestly there's we can't name them all. Like you have King's Island Winterfest, you have p and z Vestival of Lights at the Zoo, you have the tillow Elves thing.
Speaker 2: We're up in Cincinnati toes. We also have Wild Fountain Square. Isn't that right? Ice rink?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: That the tree is lit, ready to happen. But you know, did you get your tree? Do you have a real tree or a fake tree?
Speaker 2: Fake tree? We were in the real tree business for a while and the kids turned into a holes when they're teenager, all right, screw you then, So did you were done with it?
Speaker 11: Did you do the whole cutting the tree down?
Speaker 1: When they were kids?
Speaker 2: We changed religit. We just got out of a good play. Yeah, we did the whole thing, and then they got to that age where there was just like they're fighting. Yeah, we just went, okay, that's it. We're getting our official tree.
Speaker 1: Honestly, is your spree lit?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, two pieces, I think two or three pieces put together.
Speaker 11: The only let me tell you, there's nothing worse than having a freak fake tree and the tree is not pre lit, because that's my case and I'm so tired of putting lights on.
Speaker 2: My tree now. Years and years ago, when we bought this thing and to spend at least ten years longer, we got one of one of those nice Balsam Hill ones and they are like affordable. Then we looked at getting one for you know, because we got downstairs and they're like two thousand dollars for artificial trail. Like I'm not paying that.
Speaker 1: They're so and even resale.
Speaker 11: Somebody I saw on Instagram the other day repost it at Goodwill, which is supposed to be secondhand a used tree for three hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you can go to Costco and you're just.
Speaker 2: Right right right? Yeah exactly. I don't know.
Speaker 11: So now it gets you back on the do I get a real tree train?
Speaker 1: I think there's something so much.
Speaker 2: A real tree going for now. Though they were they were like close to ten fifteen years ago when I last got really yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they've dropped in price a little bit.
Speaker 7: I know they have.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 11: Let me give you the lowdown, because I think cutting down a tree and making that a tradition could be the best holiday tradition. Now, Clark did this, I do. I do this every year with two of my best friends. I'm the third wheel all the time with the dogs.
Speaker 2: Professional.
Speaker 11: There are probably thirteen to fifteen different places around town that you can go and cut down a Christmas tree anywhere from Bartles Farm up in Hamilton, Ohio, to Big Tree Plantation Andmorrow, Yeah, Gubser Tree Farm and Alexandria. My personal favorite though, is Corsey Tree Farm in Hammersville, Ohio. You have over one hundred acres of trees every type of tree you could possibly think of, the Norway spruce, the Colorado blue spruce, your white tie. The list goes on, and there's something about I just love it. They give you the saw, and they give you the tarp, and you go and your roam and you cut down the tree itself. And anything up to ten feet is ninety dollars. Oh okay, yeah, so they'll do live music. You can get coco. There's ornaments there. It kind of turns into this big, family friendly type excursion. And I'm also myself and my friends we are on the hunt for somebody who chopped down our favorite tree this year. I think my friend is going through a little bit of a traumatic experience where we found the tree that he absolutely loved.
Speaker 1: We're like, let's think about it.
Speaker 11: Let's just let's just look look, gid you not sixty seconds later, a group of five or six people walk up looking at the same tree, and this tree gets chopped so fast, and my friend blesses, like you could just he's just standing there like it's like hearing somebody do the dirty in the next round, standing right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm right here, you know.
Speaker 11: I thought he was and took it. So we crushed Christmas tree dreams. And now I'm on the all right, I did record them, so I think I'm gonna throw it.
Speaker 12: Up on you passed on it. It was a funny moment, like a dog. The tree was too big, too full, tree was way too big. That was at least fine. I was like going out and tin at the end of the whole thing. And I bring my own sow because I'm nerdy that way.
Speaker 11: That's the other thing. If it's busy, better hope. But then it's just like more likely.
Speaker 2: And then they got the shaker in the bundler because they shake off the dead leaves thing often they wrap it up with the Is that what they do your tree farms where we used to go in Lebanon and they're awesome, a great family. And now they put it like they put on a thing and shake it and get all the dead needles off.
Speaker 1: Is that the round?
Speaker 2: That's that's the wrapper. So before that they shake it and they put it in the wrapper and it binds, it gets close and they put it on your car.
Speaker 1: Oh see, now do they put it on your car?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think I did it.
Speaker 11: Here's another here's some pro tips. Let's start from the top. Number one, Bring an extra pair of shoes. Just speaking from experience, it could be a little money you want to.
Speaker 2: Swap ony, I just wear the boots to begin with.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 11: If you don't want to track the mud in the car, bring just bring an extra pair of shoes.
Speaker 1: Tickle, tickle, my fans come on.
Speaker 11: And then also bring extra bungee things ties as well as scissors, because like they'll give you the string, which is great, but sometimes you just need a little extra leverage if you have a car wrack, that's ideal. I'm saying this because because there have been a couple of times where we've had to hold down the tree because we did not do a good job of wringing it to.
Speaker 2: A professional tip. Okay, So they also sell a cargo net that you can put so it's bungee cord, but it's it's woven into a net and then it stretches across anything that you may carry using my truck or something like that.
Speaker 1: You have to have a rack on it or can it also.
Speaker 2: I supposed to girl the windows down. You can do anything.
Speaker 11: But yeah, because that's what we did. We rolled them down and then hooked it.
Speaker 1: To or just get some hand which worked.
Speaker 11: This year. I'm just saying a little PTSD, very cold hands in yours.
Speaker 2: Now you're thinking, like me, time to switch religions here? Or how hard is that?
Speaker 1: I'm a Buddhist now I know'd.
Speaker 2: You having to go cut down a menora. It's just you get it out of a drawer and put the candles on.
Speaker 1: Let's go uncented as long as.
Speaker 2: You get a right stretch it out. Very at my age now going this is a lot less work.
Speaker 11: And then I'm more gravitating to Buddhism, where it's just quiet peace meditation.
Speaker 1: You light one candle and don't go.
Speaker 2: Druid because it's still about shrubs. Anyway, what else we gotta go out in the Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: While we're on these odd Christmas adventures, let's talk about the fact that Scuba Santa has made its.
Speaker 1: Way back to the aquarium. Oh my god, so scool.
Speaker 11: So Santa not only has its pilot's license, he also has a scuba license, of course, and he's back. And I don't think we've really ever talked about this. So it is time, because back at the aquarium over at Newport on the Levee, and this is your chance to tell Scuba Santa what you want for Christmas while he swims underwater in his Santa suit.
Speaker 2: I always love that Santa. So you know who needs to take that? You know, you know Scuba Steve needs to borrow second clauses because that thing needs some wash.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Well he was wearing that yesterday and it was it honestly was it was. It smelled like Dan Ackroyd's Christmas.
Speaker 1: Because didn't you have your big holidaytion dig this week?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yesterday here and seg came out and now it's like he's been wearing that. I'd been washed, sin, Yeah, I was rough.
Speaker 1: I saw some videos of him dancing on the.
Speaker 2: Just saying they're Sega Claus pulling the salmon out of his beard.
Speaker 1: Pull that get those Omega three?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so this is this is your chance to bring the kiddos. It is fun though, right like if you're looking for something to do that's not outside, because maybe you're like me and you don't want to be outside for every single winter Christmas activity. But this is your chance to still be festive because they make the aquarium festive and they have the Scuba Santa. They have different events that are coming up. So on December fourteenth, they're gonna do breakfast with Scuba Sana, So this is your chance to there's gonna be a breakfast buffet, there's gonna be playful elves. You can design your own Christmas ornament and if you're a member there you also get a discount. But this could be one of the first guests of the day to see Santa. So come on in if you want to do breakfast. They're als so doing other events that are similar that are in the evening and in the in in the morning, but one of them in particular that they're doing at twenty one and plus event, So it's a naughty or nice event happening the day after Christmas. It's going to be a silent disco. They're going to food and special seasonal drinks. You know, TACKI Christmas.
Speaker 1: You've ever seen.
Speaker 2: That, I've heard of it. I don't what does that mean?
Speaker 1: So it's special equipment.
Speaker 11: They'll bring in a DJ and everybody gets headphones and there's like three or four channels and the DJ is playing different yeah, and it's silent. The only music that you hear. So when you're from an if you're an outsider looking in. It's kind of bizarret because everybody's dancing in the room assas.
Speaker 2: There's no human interaction because everyone's listening their own thing.
Speaker 1: Yes and no.
Speaker 11: I think part of the fun is also figuring out who is listening to the same station that you're listening to, because there's only a few to listen to, and usually it's by genre.
Speaker 6: Mine.
Speaker 1: Clearly, you guys.
Speaker 2: Make this way too smooth jass.
Speaker 1: So we're in the corner with our cocktails.
Speaker 2: Just sitting there by ourselvesping teeth. Let's have a smooth.
Speaker 1: Jazz chair that's clearly going right, exactly.
Speaker 2: Right, waiting for the heroin to kick it anyway. Alie Martin the Local Loop, This Martging Scott flo Show seven hundred Wow, real quick, we've got got remember one that. Let's do one food thing.
Speaker 11: Oh, here we go the Flamingo Drive Bar and Lounge. If you are sick of the cold.
Speaker 2: The drive bar, you said, not that.
Speaker 1: Dive bar, drive It's called drive Bar and Lounge.
Speaker 11: Okay, Yeah, So it's Miami meets Milford. So this is the same owners the Baracco brothers as the governor.
Speaker 1: So you know Milford's main strip.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, so this is right next door to the governor, same owners, But truthfully, it is this interesting Miami Flamingo Pink vibe very much on the beach. They have They're heavy on their rum cocktails. They do this rizo Frido burger, which is absolutely killer. They have a fried jerk chicken, a Cuban sandwich. Is just something different. It's really bright, it's really vibrant. So if you're maybe not landing something so cozy, but something that brings you warmth and energy in light.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's really cool. The concert, you.
Speaker 11: Say that it was Miami meets Milford. Miami meets Milford, What does that mean? I mean how many spots like that around?
Speaker 2: I don't have a really, it's really not a tan. I just have untreated high blood Prussure's. That's what Miami meets mil for. She's Allie Martin Local Loop at Alie martin Ate Good Drama on YouTube. Of course there's her channel there and pops in every Friday morning it's what to do, Eat, drink in. In this case, ninety was Christmas Tree Talk, which is perfect. I love it. I'm here for it. I'm so here for it. I appreciate you. Thanks so much, Alie Martin Scott'slan Show on the home of the best Bengals coverage you had Buffalo this weekend. I'll see you up there. Buy me a chicken wing seven hundred WW Cincinnati,