Speaker 1: We got Vikings news, but there's not a lot of Vikings news. You know, we're just we're what twenty days away, nineteen days eighteen.
Speaker 2: School eighteen from rookies reporting, and I'm pretty sure, as you said the other day, i think we're a week out from the Patriots reporting to camp.
Speaker 1: It's happening, guys, let's go.
Speaker 3: It's happening. We're back happening.
Speaker 1: So thank you to Radcoe for bringing his Viking news. As soon as we have a lot or a little, we will bring it all to you. And tomorrow former Viking great and former go for great Marcus Cheryl's in studio. I was excited about that man. Yeah, I mean, what a great player and what a great guy. I can't wait for you guys to spend some time with him and listen to him. Tomorrow, so he'll be in the ben will be here, and I think Tommy's coming into it. I'm guessing Tommy's hearing right now for the first time that Marcus Cheryl's is going to be in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Probably, yeah, screaming because he loves that guy.
Speaker 3: He does. Yeah, yeah, that whole fanly that'll be great.
Speaker 1: But real quick, Mark, I was talking more about the college experience that his daughter is about the experience, and she signed up. She's going to a to Iowa by the way. Uh go park ohawkey, yep, right, Parker. Hmmm, if you could go back and change anything about your freshman year of college, oh wow, what would you change? What did you do wrong? What do you wish you had known then that you know? Now?
Speaker 3: That's such a tough question, right.
Speaker 1: It's different because you're a basketball player, obviously, I can only imagine what your life must have been like immediately.
Speaker 4: I think it's tough for the freshmen, especially like a big school like Iowa, right, or like Wisconsin that has these like, you know, party and bar scenes. Like you're eighteen nineteen. You know, unless you have a fake idea, you're not getting into any bars.
Speaker 3: So that's uh. I know Dad probably doesn't want.
Speaker 4: To hear that, but I think, like that's obviously like the school, everything's important, right, Like, but I think just like immersing yourself in you know, the college atmosphere, you know, and just like, you know, being able to be independent and live on your own and go do fun things and not sit in your dorm room all day, Like that's what I but I was always that way, so I wouldn't change that aspect of it. But yeah, I mean we were busy with basketball, man, Like we couldn't really do a whole lot. We were on the road and we had practices and everything like that. So that's I always wonder, like, what does the average student do during the day when I'm at practice or in the training room or you know, doing whatever.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, focusing on our school boy maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's interesting. Yeah, yeah, that isn't great because you had a very same situation, Mark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yeah, I know exactly that.
Speaker 5: That was how hockey was too, and that was our fraternity and yeah, I had to make sure we schedule the time off for practice and to take care of all that.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: And from what it sounds like though, this new generation, the fake id's aren't that hard to come by.
Speaker 3: No, definitely not. Yeah, not on campus.
Speaker 7: You'll if you don't have one either, you could find someone else that don't care for you.
Speaker 5: I had, luckily, I had an older teammate from Chicago that I looked a lot like sweet.
Speaker 3: But I do think like we even got a lot of I don't know about you, but.
Speaker 4: Like I feel like I got a lot of free time outside of basketball as well, and I was always doing fun things and going to see stuff Like I imagine like kids that don't have practice and you know, aren't doing that kind of stuff, Like they got to have a lot of time on their hands.
Speaker 3: And it's the first time you're independent, you're right.
Speaker 1: For your head. Yeah, But also I mean I I do you guys remember that feeling of I am finally crazy to make any decisions.
Speaker 4: It's got to be one of the craziest moments in your life.
Speaker 5: And I think it's probably a little easier for the athletes like Parker and I because once you get there, you instantly have twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, friends of all ages, right that.
Speaker 5: Their seniors all the way up or freshmen all the way up to seniors. So yeah, everyone else, it's truly introducing yourself, you know, So.
Speaker 3: You have a structure too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why, you know, like for sure, that's why a lot of college because especially at first, you kind of go crazy because like three months before that, you were raising your hand to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great point. I was just saying about being able to make your own choices for the first time in your life. Yeah, that whole idea. Like, and I didn't have the college experience that you guys did. I into a little, tiny broadcasting school, so I was still living at home when I was going to school. But that moment when you realize I can legitimately do anything I want. There's no one to tell me I can't do anything I want. The freedom is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: There no more dad yelling at me to get some sleep. Yeah, right right. Yeah, that is interesting about the friend thing.
Speaker 4: I didn't even think about it that way, Like you got kids from and you said it like freshmen to seniors. The guys have been around, you know the school and know how things work. Like when you come as a freshman, you have no idea how things work, especially in a huge campus.
Speaker 3: Like ioways a lot going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is something. And you just mentioned it as well, Perish when we were over here. Some of your best friends of your life you've met. I missed that, and I think that's why I don't have friends.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well God cares about it. That is so that shared experience must really be a bonding thing, man, really be.
Speaker 5: Something you and you you met my best friend from college jails.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, two days ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And as I was saying back there, he is the reason that I came on this show. Crazy, because when I first retired, there was no.
Speaker 3: Way I was going to get up before nine am.
Speaker 5: And I kind of told him that that you had invited me on, and he looked at me like I had three heads and couldn't understand why I hadn't run to you guys, And I get it.
Speaker 1: Now, that's crazy, But I did not know that that's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Do you guys remember, by the way, I suddenly out of nowhere as I log into my email here, what do you guys know? It takes forty five minutes. I had no Vikings news until right now, because you guys remember a couple of weeks ago when we were on the air talking about Alec Lewis and he had a Vikings poll. The results just came out. Hell yeah, I just got the notification of my email. So now I'm logging in so I can open it up to see what fans of the Minnesota Vikings think. According to The Athletic and our friend Alec Lewis, here we go. The headline says, that's a cool picture. Vikings Fan survey results less confidence makes twenty twenty six a big year for Kevin O'Connor. That's the headline.
Speaker 3: Yes, correct, Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, there's a giant picture of Vikings fans doing the school chant. I have never, one time ever looked at a picture like this and found somebody I know, and that always freaks me out. I can't believe, Like, I know, there's a lot of people in that's Dame and there's a lot of people in the world. But don't you expect that, like, oh, there's Jim and you never see Jim.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say you've never done the school chant, and I was going to correct you because there was about a year and a half period where John Kriesel would do it everywhere everywhere. He would just start doing in a buffalo wild wins in the middle of try to.
Speaker 3: Get people to join them. Oh yeah, and it would, yeah you would. Yeah, it's a sufire way to get the crowd. Yeah the school yes, yep.
Speaker 1: And he loved asking people if they were having had time. Yeah. This is a hard to read the results of this because it's a if you guys remember the like the question would say, what is your confidence level that the team's quarterback will be much improved? In twenty twenty five one to five?
Speaker 3: Is this when Saucy used decimal points? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, like I said, you're not allowed to do that, right, But here you go, who do you want to be the Viking starter? In twenty twenty six, three thousand people responded to that question, and sixty nine percent of them said they wanted to be Kyler Murray.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, yeah, makes sense, Yeah, it makes sense. It should be not higher.
Speaker 1: But the next question, if you remember, who do you want to be the Vikings quarterback of the future? Fifty five percent said JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 3: Well how many times does Zacho vote? Yeah? Well, correct created faking never works so hard, hacks Elverson sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Which position group concerns you the most? Not even close? Thirty five percent said quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a tough spot though. Second defensive vents say offensive.
Speaker 1: Line, cornerback, cornerback, cornerback that offensive line, but cornerback is definitely the second answer. I think that's yeah, for sure, I think it is as well. But quarterback thirty five percent. Quarterback twenty two percent said cornerback. So you go, besides quarterback, what is the area you're most curious about the twenty twenty six team? And they say running game?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the number one answer. Besides Justin Jefferson? Who is your favorite Vikings player? Who do you think? People said, and it's a giant margin, by forty two percent of people said this was their favorite Viking outside of Justin Jefferson, according to tell.
Speaker 3: Us van Ginkle.
Speaker 1: But tell Us was one two three four O'Neill Van Ginkle.
Speaker 3: Brian's the best. Yes, he's such a nice game.
Speaker 1: Brian was one two three four five six. Okay, somebody just said around van Ginkle, Yeah, forty two percent of the people said, and they sure, how about this the number two answer? Almost twenty percent of people said, will record?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought that love that. He's the best kicker in the NFL. Kicker confidence.
Speaker 1: Oh so it goes Andrew veng gig again by a large margin, and then will record than Dallas Turner.
Speaker 3: D Yeah, I hope he is a big I hope.
Speaker 1: So man. People want him to be great, Yeah, people want him to be great.
Speaker 2: He can turn that corner man, He's got the skill of just putting it all together.
Speaker 1: He's got to built like a blank, blank house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's huge.
Speaker 1: Josh Un Tels was fourth, Christian Darrisaw was fifth, Brian O'Neil, then Blake Cashman and then Jalen Redman, Jordan Addison, Aaron Jones and Tjhawks.
Speaker 3: You know, the one thing Sad can't wait.
Speaker 2: You know, the one thing that is kind of under the radar because we talk a ton about the quarterback position is Caleb Banks his health.
Speaker 3: Because that's a huge thing that, like.
Speaker 2: You know, we're all concerned and rightfully so, about the quarterback. If Caleb Banks isn't ready or starts, which we will know in a week or two, if he starts on the pup list, I know that doesn't ye. I know that means he can still play and all that and he can come off at any time. But that's not a good sign. Right we haven't seen him, but he hasn't practiced all off season, and they said.
Speaker 3: They'd hoped he'd be ready.
Speaker 2: That kind of got lost in the shuffle right after the draft when Koc said, definitely, he hopes he's ready for training camp.
Speaker 3: You can't take a guy eighteenth.
Speaker 2: Overall, that doesn't plays unless it's like a Chad Greenway bit because he got he got injured, but like he's got to be a big factor.
Speaker 3: He just has to be got to be healthy.
Speaker 1: And I believe in our medical staff. I say, I believe there. They would not have wasted the first round pick.
Speaker 3: On his surgery with March ninth. Yeah, okay, yeah, also.
Speaker 7: Extra pressure just because people were kind of disappointed with the defensive year.
Speaker 3: That pick shocked a lot of people.
Speaker 8: If he's not good, Citrus, there's also that yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: We have big Citrus, Big Citrus. Which NFC North opponent are you most afraid of in twenty twenty six? The Bears?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're they're loaded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're terrible.
Speaker 3: You hate the Bears.
Speaker 1: Least in the NFL.
Speaker 2: It's because of the fans, right yeah, yeah, you hate Chicago.
Speaker 1: I don't need Chicago, you know what. I hate Philly more. Yeah, yeah, but the Chicago fans on Earth, the Chicago fans are often they have a big ego, yeah, with no reason about their team. Even when their team isn't good, they act like they are and it drives me crazy, but it's cool. It's one of it's one of those like with Philly, I legitimately don't like those people with Chicago, I like not liking them, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right, yeah, And it's good when the division is good, of course, and.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a good division. Yeah, the Bears, the lines of Packers, the Vikings, we all four could be I tell you right now, I believe any of those four teams could win this division.
Speaker 3: For sure, the best division football. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: How about this? Do you feel the Vikings organization respects and values to you as a fan? Eighty nine percent almost ninety percent said which one? Yes or no? Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Ninety percent said that's a good man, you know what, heads up and the thumbs up to all the people down there in the organization, because Viking stands feel like you respect you and that's great. But how about this? Do you consider Vikings ticket prices to be affordable? Seventy two percent almost said no, they're not affordable, But I don't necessarily think that's the Viking's fault. The ticket price is what the ticket price across the NFL. Yeah, you know, all pro sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's kind of this, it's like similar but different.
Speaker 1: Being an apologist for them by saying that, do you.
Speaker 7: Think no, I mean it is, it's tough, but I mean most I would say outside of the even the Temberls tickets are going out, but I would say outside of the Temprels are the Twins. It's tough to get a ticket in general in town. And it's kind of the same thing with concerts in a totally different way, where it's like if people are consistently paying that, like, yeah, I hate it that every single concert's five hundred dollars now, but a million people are due are willing to pay that, and they're going to keep paying it. So if you're the artist, you're like, okay, yeah, I'm going to keep charging that. So it's like like there's never a game that's not sold out at us Bank Stadium.
Speaker 3: That's not how much say how much say does like an artist have in that?
Speaker 7: I think they have a lot to say because I remember j Cole pretty significant artists. I remember he had like dollar tickets, you know, so I know it's it's it's a little bit different thing with the artists where they could choose.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It honestly though from at least from what I've been involved in, you can't. I mean really, yeah, I know. The there's a certain amount that is a minimum that every venue demands you charge. And then if Ticketmasters involved and it's a high it's a high demand ticket, they raised the prices. The demand goes up, and you have and by I've told the story before, I'm sorry for repeating myself. Guys, but we played the Varsity, and I hate to single them out. I love the Varsity. Wasn't there for at all, loved the Varsity. But we did a CD release party at at the Varsity with Rocket Club and we put the tickets on sale, and the tickets started selling, and I started getting texts from people going, my god, why are you guys charging so much for the tickets. I'm like, we're not. This is and they showed me what they paid for the tickets and it was about thirty dollars more than the initial released price was. And so there's a an ai thing within Ticketmaster that if it's a hot ticket, raises the price automatically.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous. It wasn't a.
Speaker 5: Pearl Jam in the nineties, like they were trying to find their career.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it just it sucks because it feels like everything these days, from video games to sporting events.
Speaker 1: Three four.
Speaker 7: Yeah, to bring it up again, it's becoming a more of a high end thing, you know. It's it's you have to be in a certain tax brack at a certain level of you know, economic status, whole family, right, Yeah, Like I remember we were broke as out. I still had a PlayStation, but these days it's legit close to one thousand dollars if you want to get a PlayStation in a couple of games, and crazy, I have another controller to play with the friend.
Speaker 1: Everything has to balance itself out again because because the problem is not just that the ticket prices are high. The ticket prices are so high for specifically concerts that you can't go to ten concerts. You have to choose the one you want to go to, right, and that hurts everybody.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's for artists that aren't even established yet. It might be their first tour, yeah for sure, And it's already three hundred plus dollars or four hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: You can go to Europe.
Speaker 2: Crazy, as I said, decent seats for my favorite band on their website where there aren't Ticketmaster fees. We're two to h five apiece and they weren't great seats two hundred and five dollars apiece.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, again, I'm not saying this should be free, and I know that it was to be paid. I get all right, but it's got to be reasonable. It's got to be. It has to be. And especially I just hate it. Man. There are legitimately six different concerts I want to go to at Mystic like Amphitheater. This I even, ye, I'm very very lucky. I'm not going to pay to go see all six of those. I can't even if I could afford to, knowing how much it is. I'm not going to pay that much money to go to concerts. So I'm gonna choose two of them. It's gonna be iron Maid, and it's gonna be John Mellencamp probably but nice. Yeah right, yeah, I love Maiden and there it's almost over for them. Man, you know, I got to go stand all I can. By the way, I got an email. I'm sorry, we were going to break. I got an email from a listener. We talked about Bob Dylan yesterday. Yeah, said he went to see that show. Oh no, I believe it was in South Dakota a couple of weeks ago and saw Bob Dylan. He said, I'm a huge Bob Dylan fan. He said, he walked down stage. He played I think maybe twelve sixteenth or something like that. He said, he only knew as a fan, only knew a couple of them. He barely spoke to the crowd, didn't sing very well and didn't do it hardcore came on and left, and I'm like, why is he doing it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, just stay home at that part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was the Russian Rowdy tour that Gianna and I went to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he threw in a couple uh.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, it ain't me, babe, two lines in that song in the middle of some other song that you couldn't understand a word.
Speaker 1: That was the point.
Speaker 3: But it's just Bob Dylan being Bob Dylan.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: He's just gonna play what he wants, right.
Speaker 1: And that was the other point the gentleman made in the email he sent me. He said, when he did play a song, I recognized he didn't play it in the correct way. He refurbished it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it wasn't even playing. Yeah, everybody got so excited for a couple of.
Speaker 1: He's a genius man. Maybe we don't get it, but I do not get it. Oh well, he don't care.
Speaker 3: He from the one eight hundred as Scary Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: This report is sponsored by Postman Law.
Speaker 1: Good morning, we have delays thirty five w northbound from the Burnstead.
Speaker 3: He said, what's that hard?
Speaker 7: You say?
Speaker 1: What'd you say?
Speaker 3: The why it was is a cloudy and rainy mis a revolt.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like rain, humidity and rain.
Speaker 1: So uh, we we were talking more about the Bob Dolling thing over here with black and I Mark tell him how the concert ended that you went to with Siana.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean he he introduced his band when you couldn't understand a single name that he said with like twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: Then he pulled out his harmonica for a couple of songs. They stopped playing, all went to the back of the stage, and you know, people were like, oh, all right, I guess this is over. So you know, he's getting a pretty good ovation, I would say, And literally maybe ten seconds into the ovation, he just shrugs and waves the guy and walks off stage.
Speaker 1: He just left.
Speaker 3: That was that was the end of the show. Just left.
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: It was, like you said, the most Bob Dylan thing ever.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But can I ask you guys, first of all, that's a singular individual. Like by that, I mean, I don't know if anybody else who would or could do that and still have people come to his concert that yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yes, So there's that he doesn't play his hits, He doesn't he doesn't talk much to the crowd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I would I would hope, and I would guess that Bob Dylan doesn't need the money. I don't know what his financial situation, and there's no such thing as enough money. So I wonder why he continues to do it, because as you were sand Parish, it didn't look like he was quote unquote having fun.
Speaker 5: No, I definitely did not see a smile at any time, right, you know, Yeah, he just he looks like a tortured artist.
Speaker 1: Is he still doing an Andy Kaufman bid that we don't understand? I wonder if that's what's going on, Like what can I get away with because obviously it's what he did with the going like right, yeah, he just did it because he wanted to piss people off and do what he wanted to do. Is he still doing that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like he he goes back to the dressing room and just starts dying laughing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got him again. He's still paid for this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm texting my guy Patrick Thorne right now because he's the trumpet player in the Five's arm Dillos. He was telling me the story the other day about playing He got to sit in on trumpet with the Temptations for two shows. Oh wow, right yeah, and he told me the story about how it was done because they didn't do a rehearsal. And I want to see if he'll tell the story in the air because no rehearsal playing with the Temptation Wow right right right right? Yeah, he passed away. Oh man, it's weird because he's texting me right now from the grave and oh man, yeah, good surface.
Speaker 3: Well, the person who has his body has his phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my phone. He must not have AT and T because I have my moment. He's on three ninety four. We'll never see him again. Sorry, guys. Good good to know you. I'll see if you want, because it's a fascinating story because the band leader was the drummer. And God, I'll let him tell I hope because it If he doesn't, I'll tell you guys the story because it's unbelievable how good these artists are. Man, just unbelievable. How good these these guys have to be that good, they have to be able to just kind of roll with it, because what you were just saying about Bob Dylan, I'm sure Bob Dylan just turns the band and goes, we're gonna do blank song and we're gonna do it in kiy g and they have to be ready, yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And when they were on stage, like the four musicians around him, it was like they were playing a jam session, like they were playing to him, not to us.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, he says, he'll tell the story. You guys want to hear it. Sure, I'm gonna hit this and get him on fune when you do this, and don't forget er Steiner Fan five On.
Speaker 3: The Power Trip brought to you by the Saint False Saints.
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Twins beat the Guardians three to one. Taj Bradley was great. He went seven scattered, three hits, one run, struck out ten uh. He's the youngest pitcher since Francis school Ariano to have ten plus strikeouts and back to back starts. Your twins are forty five and forty seven, same two teams tonight at six forty Connor.
Speaker 3: Pre Lip goes for your twins. Let's go, Let's go, Connor. That has been awesome. Yeah, it is fun to have a bit of a rotation again. Yeah it feels good. Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, ladies and gentlemen, Patrick Thorn, Patrick Thorn, Ladies and gentlemen. Here, Hi, Hi, Patrick Patrick. Hello, can you hear us?
Speaker 10: Okay, how are you?
Speaker 3: We're good, I can hear you.
Speaker 10: I'm stopping my car, so don't crash.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea. Don't get on three and anty four. Just whatever you do, don't get on three nty four, stay away from three and eighty four. Are you in St. Claude right now?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 1: Yeah. What do you say to that, Mark Parrish Husky, That's what I thought, Thank you, There we go.
Speaker 10: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: I don't know where the trumpet sounder is that we use all the time in the show, but Patrick is the guy that goes that plays that Doom demp Dump damp whenever uh oh yeah, whenever met toss messes up.
Speaker 3: So that's that's a.
Speaker 10: Fun so yeah, yes, sorry, sorry, Saw, I feel bad about that every time I hear it.
Speaker 1: No, you do. Now we celebrate it, We love it. Okay. So you told me this fun story, and we're talking about Bob Dylan in the fact that Bob Dylan doesn't play any songs anybody knows that his concerts and uh and we're we're confused by it, right, But you were telling this great story about sitting in with the Temptations the other day when we were back, said we were in chan Hassen for that show. Where the hell were we anyway? You were talking? I know, yeah, we play a lot of shows. But you're telling this great story about sitting with the Temptations. So, Parker, do you have any idea who the Temptations are?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I got nothing for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, I should have had this pulled up. Give me a couple of songs that you played with the Temptations. Patrick's your off top of your head? Would you?
Speaker 10: Oh, my girl, Uh, there there's a there's a billion. I can't remember exec rugh coffee here.
Speaker 1: That's great, one of the great bands all the time. So you get a call saying that they need somebody to play trumpet. Is that something that you've done before? Do they do that kind of thing? Do bands just call local trumpet players from time to time.
Speaker 10: For this situation. Yes, there's a guy that is kind of their contractor for the horn section. Okay, they've got a regular rhythm section that tours with them, but when they travel from city to city, they just bring you know, they call their saxophone players and their trumpet players and just use kind of local guys.
Speaker 1: So you just show up. Do you have any idea what the set list is going to be when you get there?
Speaker 10: So the first time I did it a couple of years ago, I did not, so I was just reading stuff, which was scary. This time I asked the guy specifically to send the charts that I read beforehand, just so I didn't look like an idiot on stage. So on occasion, you do see stuff, but not all the time. Most of the time you're just you get there and they throw the music at.
Speaker 1: You and you go, wow, who's the band leader on stage?
Speaker 10: So there were a couple of people there. The keyboard player was kind of leading us through one section, and then the drummer was actually calling out the cues. I think that's the story you're talking about, where he would say like, all right, we're going to the end here, repeat back to this measure number or this letter and the music and he would just kind of direct us with a speaker that we had behind us, so nobody in the audience could obviously hear him say these things, but he's literally telling us where to go in the music, what's going to happen like, and he'll he'll give us account one, two, three, four, and then we'll go or we're you know, ending the song here, you know. So it's kind of yeah, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: So again, so correct me for what you're saying. The drummer is playing the drums and he's got a microphone that is is wired to a speaker only you guys can hear, and during the song he's going to say go back to the go back to the bridge now in three two one during the song, and you just have to listen to him and follow him.
Speaker 10: Correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, wow.
Speaker 10: And they also do a lot of some of some of the intros that they're doing are we don't know how long they're going to be, we don't know how long they're going to talk. And he hears a cue from the head singer and he's just like here we go and then one, two, three, four, and we're into the song the next tune. Incredibly, that's pretty chaotic, but it's also it's amazing what to be in a situation like that, And that happens a lot. That also happens a lot with like some of the working the jobbing bands in the cities. They have people that do that kind of same thing. But it is it is interesting. I've never really done much of stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It must be fatiguing mentally. I mean, you must be worn out by the end of a show because just trying to stay up with all that I can can't in Paris. Can you imagine playing guitar if if like Walter looked at you and said, okay, we're going back to the bridge right now. What's the bridge? Yeah, that is exactly.
Speaker 3: Right away.
Speaker 5: The things that could go wrong would be like, oh my god, what if I don't understand him, What if I don't hear him? What if there's a little blip and the electronics or whatnot, because and it's just truly free on it, aren't you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean that that that happens. They're there. You know, we didn't have anything like that happened this last show. But but it is. It is scary in a way. But most of these people do this all the time. It's not something that I do all the time. I was super lucky to have this gig. But yeah, it can be a little nerve wrecking and your brain is definitely fried by.
Speaker 3: The end of it.
Speaker 1: I can imagine.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Man, appreciate the story, dude, Thank you for calling in.
Speaker 10: Yes, Steve, all right, love you guys.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, there you go. Where are your purple pants on Friday? See you, dude? There he goes, He goes. That's Patrick.
Speaker 3: It would literally be horrifying. You can't horrify that.
Speaker 1: I mean, the drummer is talking into a microphone just to you to tell you where to going, and doing it on the fly. That's just an.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable coordination of all.
Speaker 1: So they do temptations, my girl, do you know that song ain't too Proud to begs? Don't hear that song? Can get next to you man. Yeah, great songs and Patrick got to play trumpet for him.
Speaker 3: I believe four.
Speaker 5: Toy he probably he's really good.
Speaker 3: You got it. And he plays.
Speaker 1: For the Saint Cloud Orchestra, not just SAT but like the city. He's he's really really good.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's fun. Thank you, Patrick, Thanks Patrick? Yeah, anything else to talk about in sports? Got start?
Speaker 3: I get to talk a.
Speaker 2: Week from yesterday on July fifteen, Quarterback Season three on Netflix?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah again, when is it?
Speaker 3: It's a week from yesterday, so next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: So Baker, it's Baker, cam Ward, Joe Flacco.
Speaker 3: And Jayden. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that show man.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: Gets you amped to the be Jesus for football season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm already amp so good. Yeah yeah, I don't even know what that means, but that's what I am.
Speaker 3: You're amp to the I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And you guys, did anybody watch the SEC football College football when they did last year? I don't a chance, dude. It's great watch it. I hope they do another one of those two. And I believe the Formula one television show comes out pretty soon too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Those shows are great because even when you go into it being like, Okay, I'm interested in this guy. This guy, maybe not this guy. This guy sucks, and then you watch it and you're like, well, actually he's a pretty cool guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I remember going to Ride Receiver when I was like DeVante Adams, you know, bleep that guy, and then afterwards like rooting for him, you know, ends up being a really cool dude.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised they don't do the high school quarterback win anymore.
Speaker 3: That what was it called?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 3: No? What was it? Friday? Like you was? Last? Was like the team like the juco team?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Which, what's that guy got shot man? The coach? Did? Spencer Ratler was? That's the one I'm trying to think of what was that you called? Because that show really was. It was hard to watch, That's what it was. And because I even have a hard time liking Spencer Rattler now, and I'm judging him when he was a high school seniors, you know what I mean. You would have hated me as a high school senior. Not that anybody likes me now, but you would have as a high school senior. So that's a tough thing, man. But those shows, they make you a fan of sports you wouldn't care about, you really do.
Speaker 7: I mean completely changed everything for one.
Speaker 3: I mean it came out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really did. Hey Parker, hey Hawk. The other day, somebody was in here, can remember who was, and they told me to ask you because you've done the tabulation on how much in IL money you would have made if you were coming out into college right now, and you've done them tabulations.
Speaker 3: In a way I guess, yeah, guess.
Speaker 4: Obviously it changes every year, right, but like the going rate for a starting center, which I was fortunate enough to be in the Big ten, is probably about a million and a half to two million right now.
Speaker 1: How do you sleep at night?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Dog, what dude?
Speaker 5: Just because you were born at the wrong time, work at the wrong Yeah, man, And you can't play that game.
Speaker 3: I know pro athletes that game. Yeah, you don't do the same as zero. I think about your rookie contract compared to like.
Speaker 5: Guys now, now they signed the young guys long term.
Speaker 3: It's better for the game. They've got to figure out.
Speaker 5: But when I played, you had to wait until you were thirty years old to become a free agent, and then you finally got your paycheck and it was like right when we got to that free agency, like, wait, we're doing it backwards. We're gonna start paying the young guys. Now You're like no, no, no, no, no, no, yeah ude, not now.
Speaker 4: And I'll preface this was saying, I don't know the exact numbers, but like I think Minnesota go first best and I but it is probably around like eight to ten million this year. Last year was probably around four to six. The year before that, the year I was playing, was maybe a million million and a half. Think about the exponential growth of that compared to when I was playing.
Speaker 3: And you know, we were lucky to get enough to get any money. Sure, I'm grateful for for sure.
Speaker 1: A couple of years before that, nobody got.
Speaker 3: In and nobody got anything.
Speaker 4: Like you hear guys like you know, Nigel Hayes Davis who played at Wisconsin who said he didn't have money to like get a meal after practice, and you know, so like, you know, you.
Speaker 3: Got to be grateful for it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's crazy to play that game, like you said, Parish and be like you think about it, if I was a little younger or got even the ninth or tenth year of eligibilla out have taken it at this point. Oh yeah, that's Frankly, that's one of the reasons why I came back for my eighth year. Like I thought I was going to be done, Like I was, I was really done. I was on vacation with my family, Taylor and I were buying.
Speaker 3: A house, like the whole bit.
Speaker 4: I was ready to move on, and then hey, there's a little bit of Anil money on the table, and I was like, yeah.
Speaker 5: I had a coach once that he was bitter like about what guys were making when we were playing compared to what he was playing, and I just remember that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm never going to be that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's impossible, not to impossible, you know what ras on the exact opposite way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, money's going right.
Speaker 4: Well, can you think about the locker rooms too, And I know it's different for every locker room and different personalities, but like, it's no surprise what guys are making, Like you can look at a guy and know exactly what he's making.
Speaker 3: So it's the ego side of being eighteen or twenty.
Speaker 4: Two year old kid when hey, I'm playing more than this guy and he's making more an Il money than me, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: You look very young and nobody knew you had a younger brother named Jim who just happens to be exact same size and looks just like you and has all his eligibility.
Speaker 3: Left the team captain of the USA Women's does he have does he have four new needles or.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what idea it goes with. Yeah, you'll get an endorsement for those things real quick, I got. I'm it was very luck. I'm goenna first started working here to get sort of close to Chuck Foreman for two seasons. Yeah, because we did this thing prior to Vikings games, and I remember talking to him about this very subject. Can you imagine what it must be like to be one of the great players of all time in the Hall of Fame and your highest salary you ever made was like fifty thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: It's insane. I mean yeah, I mean there were.
Speaker 1: And you're barely paying your bills.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, I think you go back to like the old packer days. Those guys had day jobs. Yeah, sure, day job.
Speaker 1: And because of them, the NFL exists, You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like because of them, arch Manning Can made six point eight million in nil just nil. That doesn't include all the indoors.
Speaker 3: He's the north of ten to twelve.
Speaker 1: Alex Alex sacked him three on College Football twenty seven. I just want you to know he made him his bitch.
Speaker 7: I always consider though, when you hear older players criticizing the younger generation. It's something I always keep in the back of my head, is like, they about that attitudes, they're mad about that much.
Speaker 5: I heard from a coach for the majority of micro and I I'm never going to be.
Speaker 1: There, yeah right, Yeah, but it's hard not to be.
Speaker 3: It's hard not to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's hard not to look at it. It's not that hard to be bitter about it, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean that's the human instinct is to be a little bitter about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, they could be like a Johnny Manziel right, like he was gonna get money, he was going to get money.
Speaker 7: Regard with yeah lord, I mean he has that whole bit where he's like, I would go into the bookstore, I don't know what he's doing it and they were selling number two Texas A and M jerseys and he made nothing off.
Speaker 3: He is the definition.
Speaker 2: If he played now, would be the highest paid guy.
Speaker 1: But he's the reason that the system screwed up now because it had to correct be corrected.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yes, yes, correct.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 3: He was the best.
Speaker 1: I will say this too, one of the other reasons I respect the Wilfs so much. And I'm not just kissing, but this is a true story. I remember when they took over as the owners, how big of an emphasis they put on welcoming the alumni of the Vikings back into the fold. And that's what Tom West job is, because they were forgotten and not taking care of. Yeah, and we're starting starting to see it finally happened, not only at the NFL level, but the Vikings were one of the people the teams who spearheaded that hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my guy Johnny Randall was one of the legend leaders.
Speaker 1: That's a big deal, man.
Speaker 3: That is so appreciated.
Speaker 5: Like, there's some teams that I played for that aren't that big on it and other teams that are, and you really really.
Speaker 3: Appre the ones. Uh they're pretty good, pretty good?
Speaker 1: But yeah, good, good?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Who's the best team the team you played with in the on the East Coast, New York. Yeah, well no, Jersey, right, here's Philly. Philly is incredible.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, they do a bunch of really cool stuff and yeah, like some some like there's literally some of the alumni that are still more popular than the current players. Wow, because they do so much and they're around and they've got so many great events.
Speaker 3: Just kind of got it going on. Now that's about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, I'll tell you what everybody knows. The most popular Golden go For basketball player ever said, you're.
Speaker 6: Right right, Yeah, for sure, Chris Chris Hues, Bobby Jackson, Jackson, he was the best.
Speaker 1: That was fun.
Speaker 3: Man, he was the one they made a run. But that didn't happen though, No, well it did happen.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's weird, right.
Speaker 3: Everybody, You're right back. The games intense, the goals more meaningful.
Speaker 1: Sorry, blah blah blah blah. Hi, it's the Powers of Morn show. Sorry, we were talking to Stansky on the phone over here and I didn't have the song ready to go. Sorry we go sauce me. Yeah, he exhausted, by the way, remind me if you wouldn't mind, or maybe you're listening chat have it. The hotline number that I used to use does not ring anymore. And maybe that number doesn't work anymore. You know which one I'm talking about, the one we always use. It doesn't ring through. It doesn't matter though, because we got a superstar actdoor. Hell yeah, lady actor, Eric Starlehnsky. How are you my friend?
Speaker 9: Oh man, I'm doing great, guys, man, I'm happy to be back on here.
Speaker 1: It's so good to talk to you. And first and foremost, I think the only person in the room you haven't met is Parker Fox, former Golden Gopher. Great Parker, please say hi to Eric stole Hansky.
Speaker 3: Eric. Great to meet you, Hey, Parker.
Speaker 9: I love to talk to Great.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He's one of the greats, so do I.
Speaker 5: That's why I talk to you.
Speaker 3: You're great, man. Got you doing brother? Uh? Oh, I'm keep saying great all day long? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, I can't stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well right right, great?
Speaker 1: Well everything is great because you got a text out of nowhere from me last night because I was on I believe it is it Hulu? I think it was Hulu and I saw this thing for Super Troopers three, and I'm like, did I miss it? Is it out? And so I clicked on it, and it's like it's like a ten minute vinnyette, like like like the greatest Hits package for the new movie coming out. Right, So the new movie doesn't come out to the first week of August, am, I correct, Oh, I'm losing him.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: August seventh, August.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Yeah, And for some reason, you keep popping in and out a little bit sorry when you might not have a great life. So sorry, It's okay. It comes out August seventh, and it's.
Speaker 3: In theaters right, yes, nationwid that's hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's great. First of and foremost, I love Hannah Simone and I'm so glad that she's in this film. Please tell me she's darling and just a wonderful person.
Speaker 9: I'm so happy that you know Anna. She is a terrific comedic actress and has a huge part in this movie. It kind of tells you what's going on in that vignette. I'm told it's like a ten minute thing. And you know that Thorny's sister is marrying Farva. Yes, brilliant, And she plays Tony's sister and she's terrific, super sweet, super funny and a great addition to our family in this movie.
Speaker 1: Hanna Simone was the best friend on the television show New Girl.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah right now, Yeah.
Speaker 1: She is easy great. I loved that show. By the way, New Girl was so fantastic. So when I saw that she was in this, I was like, I haven't seen her in a long time. I'm so glad she's in it. So yeah, the vignette is very, very funny, and Farva is exactly what you expect him to be, and I'm just excited to see it. So I don't know how much you want to reveal, how much you're allowed to reveal, But just what was it like making Super Troopers three? And were you guys excited and surprised that you got an opportunity to make another one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The movie.
Speaker 9: You're happy and enthusiastic. We shot at Last Fall up in the Boston area. Probably the most fun I've had. And I don't know, twenty years making a movie. They're all fun, but I don't know. This chemistry is great. Andrew Dismieks Messanel joined us. Brian Cox came back. When the Carter came back, Koff came back, like, so we had.
Speaker 10: The whole crew together.
Speaker 9: I don't know, it's just really fun, I guess gets it back together. We've in thirty years now, we've been making movies and are together as a comedy group. So any opportunity get to ask some more shenanigans then, would like take advantage of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the first one's outstanding.
Speaker 2: And when you guys put that together and made that, and you guys have done plenty, did you think that the super Troopers brand would reach.
Speaker 3: What it is?
Speaker 9: No? Never, I mean we just made that first movie like what made us laugh. We didn't know if anybody else would like it. So here now twenty five years later at the third I mean, never know, wild as Dreams. We have thought about it, and this movie's actually testing higher than any of our movies that we've tested with audiences. So crossing fingers and this one love it?
Speaker 7: Hey, Eric, you just mentioned it. You guys have been working together for thirty years. How do you keep things fresh? How do you make sure that it's still original and it's not just the same old stuff that you guys have been using to make each other Because I know around you we always play the hits, you know, like we know it's going to make the like, how do you keep things fresh and original?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know, I remember Steve Martin and Martin Steve Martin and a masterclass said that, like, if you're sitting around and something really makes you laugh hard and you crack up, write that down, you know, And like, we've been friends for so long that if something really cracks us up, like the original MEO saying, you know, you're sitting around cracking a joke and if something really kind of gives you a belly laugh, you write that down. You start developing around that same kind of concept. We've been friend forever and if something really cracks us up, we think, okay, let's work.
Speaker 3: On that and try to polish that into a scene. Uh and all right?
Speaker 5: Make I know in the past, you guys, I thought it was really interesting when I asked you, you know, how you guys write your movies and you guys all would write your own parts for movies. Did you guys do that same thing for Super super Troopers three?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well, originally we wrote our very first movie, Puddle cruiserre like for ourselves, like our own characters, and then we discover we're kind of writing for ourselves instead of for everybody. So after that we decided we weren't going to cast until the very last minute. We had to write for everybody and then we cast at the very end.
Speaker 3: So that's what we made sure.
Speaker 9: We didn't write for ourselves and only for ourselves. But now with this film, it's a little different because you kind of know who's playing what. But we've kind of gotten that mindset of like, don't just write for yourself. Try to write jokes and scenes and develop everything for everybody. It's very collaborative and now it's just fun to just write stupid stuff for Farvard to have to do.
Speaker 1: That's bariant well already in the vignette when you see him in the T shirt and you get to see a look at his butt, you got to have you got to have the confidence that I do not have in order to bend over in front of the entire world wearing a short shirt like that and show everybody that.
Speaker 3: Behind, Yes, he's not shy, and that's how I'm.
Speaker 9: Pretty good shape after all these years on high Hawk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not too bad by I've blushed, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 10: He will make a girl man blush.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no doubt about it Brian cot being back again though. You know, listen, obviously what you do is pinch yourself no matter what. I'm sure, but knowing an actor of that calibern having him work with you guys still must be another pinch me moment for you, right.
Speaker 9: I mean I kind of believe when he agreed to the first one and now he's like after Succession, and I mean he's just booked out, out out, you kind of have to set your schedule around when he's available. He may say I got five days in September, like, okay, we'll shoot in September.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, It's amazing he agrees to do it, but he has so much fun.
Speaker 9: So what nominal that he comes back and works with us.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because I mean, this is the guy. I mean obviously he was in Brave Heart, he played Agamemnon in Troy. I mean, this guy has done big things and he's doing Super Troopers three. I just I loved that he's in the go ahead hussy.
Speaker 2: Sorry, when you guys start out and then you have the script and then you start filming, from the day you start filming till the day you went how long is that.
Speaker 9: We do it about thirty You get about thirty to thirty two days if you're luck. We've done in twenty eight in the past. But it's really fast because every day you have all his cast and crew working every day's dollars, and so you got to do it in a short amount of time you can. Yeah, do you have any idea fortune out a Marvel film?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, Okay, do you have any ideas we sit here right now, if you will have an opportunity or even the desire to do a Super Troopers four or is that going to be based on how this thing does or does that even matter anymore?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: No, it'll be based on box office. So I mean, we're we're trying to tell people if they want to see more comedies in theater, go see a comedy in theater. Yeah, because we need to bring comedies back to the theater. It's a fun experience, absolutely, for sure.
Speaker 10: For sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Parker, do you have something I'm sorry I didn't see if you raised your internet.
Speaker 3: No, I was just kind of he basically answered my question.
Speaker 4: I was just kind of thinking, like, you don't hear it as much, right, Like comedies in general in theaters and it's something that like I grew up, you know, going to and watch it and love it.
Speaker 3: And I know he kind of answered the question, but it's like it's missed. It truly is.
Speaker 1: Well it is, and you know, here's something for you that I found really interesting. We talked about Seth Rogan this morning and I was listening to an interview with him talking about his show The Studio, which is a great show, and the interviewer asked Seth Rogan, he goes, tell me why you made a television show about your love of making movies, you know, And Seth's answer was interesting. He said, you know, if you want freedom these days, you kind of have to do a television show. Have you guys thought of maybe transitioning maybe not Super Troopers, but something other kind of franchise into doing a series for a Netflix or something like that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we've definitely bounced ideas around, and uh, you know, we're trying to get some things hopping afterwards. I mean, if this movie can do all right in the box office, I think it opened some opportunities for us.
Speaker 3: Max Eric, We've i mean we've been talking to you.
Speaker 7: You've've got a storied career, you got to make movies with your with your buddies for the last you know, several decades.
Speaker 3: Now, you've you've been there, You've done that.
Speaker 7: What's something even at this point in your career, that you still want to accomplish?
Speaker 3: Tony Award on Brush.
Speaker 1: Tony Ward on Broadway, he didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rabbit goes to Broadway.
Speaker 3: I got a wonderful Rabbit Broadway.
Speaker 9: Or maybe just a movie with Kristen wigg I'll take that.
Speaker 1: That would be pretty cool.
Speaker 3: That'd be great.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, now, that would be awesome. When we spoke on the phone last night, you said there was a chance maybe perhaps just maybe you'll get a large percent of the of the cast and studio force. Maybe when you guys come to town. Is that still a possibility.
Speaker 3: I'm shooting for that. I would love it.
Speaker 9: August third, we're coming up to Minneapolis for summer Slam, W W, E and H and I think the morning of August third, we have opportunity for price. I think before we have to add the airport, and I'm trying to push hard to get the guys coming into you guys that favorite station in Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: Let's go, guys, well, you know what, we'll take them both. That's fine, that's right, Yeah, go ahead, we will share. We spread it all around, there's no doubt about it. I think if somebody has to body slam Farva, I think that just has to happen. That makes perfect sense to me where he gets to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, brock Lessner, And I don't think you can have a super Troopers for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're probably right. Well, it's it's great to talk to you, Eric. Thank you so much for I know you got to call out of nowhere, but I wanted to get you on as soon as possible. And if we can make that happen in August, we would love that. And regardless, congratulations man, we're excited to see it. Super Troopers three again. I believe you said August seventh in theaters, go see it?
Speaker 3: Yes please?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right on. Good talk to you, my friend.
Speaker 3: Oh man, so great.
Speaker 8: Talking you guys, your friendsbody bye body there you go, Eric, such a nice nice assault of the earth.
Speaker 1: Incredible man, And sorry about the bad phone. Say no down in Florida. Where's that? But tell me Mark, I don't even think I know. How did you meet him?
Speaker 5: Sean Patine's charity golf tournaments. Man, probably it was. It was after Supertroopers obviously had come out. And it was funny because they're big hockey fans and uh Favara and and let me the little man, our big Ranger hockey fans. So these like a couple guys kept coming up to me and they're jokingly kind of harassing me. And then Eric walked up to me and he's like, oh, you know, I'm local here, you know, big hockey fan. And it wasn't until they were all standing there talking me together and I went, holyes, you guys are the super Troopers. It blew my mind because yeah, you know, obviously they were dressed up in copy uniforms when we were at seven Corners somewhere down and so yeah, so it just kind of blew my mind. And yeah, we've been good buddies ever since. We used to do dinner and then golf and hangout all the time. But then he had to move to Florida, and you know know that he's got his three little ones. Yeah yeah, I think he was saying ten. I think they're ten, ten and three.
Speaker 3: I believe. Wow. Yeah, so yeah, but no, he's.
Speaker 5: Just an amazing human being. His wife Barbie is just the sweetest and on earth and we love him to death.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy as I remember him coming in Pseudio for the first time because of you, Mark and sitting here going and sitting here going, yeah, super Troopers, I know. But I know him some other way too, And then I realized he was one of the guys on p ninety X. He was here's one of the guys who worked out with the dude on the video.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he's in Seinfeld. Yeah, yes, exactly right. Oh yeah, he's just awesome. All the guys are great. They're they're they're they're absolutely hysterical when they get together. But we would go golf when I played in la obviously it was around him a lot, and we'd go golfing. And their brains are constantly working, like they're just imagining things and cracking each other up and making jokes and they're just they're funny and they're great people.
Speaker 3: Yea. Even though a couple of them are Ranger fans.
Speaker 1: That's okay, Well go see it, man, Just support our friend and go see the movie when it comes out on August.
Speaker 3: Even that'd be cool, Yes, please.
Speaker 1: Are you excited by the way, Maxo about SummerSlam coming August third?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm hype. Actually, is it two days now?
Speaker 7: It's two days now. This will be the first ever two day Summer Slam. It was kind of uh, I mean, they kind of gifted a to Minneapolis after they snatched WrestleMania from US a couple of years ago. If you guys remember that day, there was heavy rumors that WrestleMania was coming here, and then Vegas kind of swooped in and so they're like, all right, here's a little consolation prize. We'll give you a Summer Slam a couple of years down the road. And it's finally, it's finally here, man, and it's going to be huge. Actually talking to ww superstar Tiffany Stratton, one of us from prior Lake around nine fifteen today, Yes, that's free. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's gonna it's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: It's just going to bring so much energy into the end of the Twin Cities. It's a blast. Even if you don't like watching wrestling on TV, it is so much fun to watch in person.
Speaker 1: I'd question, are you gonna know who's wrestling on which night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Okay, they've already started to like fill the card out and whatnot, so they'll they'll.
Speaker 3: Let you know very clearly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it, got it cool, It's gonna be a last.
Speaker 3: Man growing up. I absolutely loved it, dude. It's the best.
Speaker 7: And when you get to see it in per I mean, it's a it's a play, it's sports play all at the same time, and they have to hit everything all in one try. You know, it's just absolutely incredible. One mistake, Yeah, you're in trouble. You could seriously mess yourself up.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Well, And and that was one of the things about that whole Cogan documentary amongst a lot of things I learned there. But when he decided to go off script a couple of times, you're like, wow, that really screws things up. Yeah, that really things up. Yeah, you know, I help you expand upon this for a second, guys, as we got to come miss Left in the show. I've never thought about this before, but you know, wrestling, big time wrestling is one of the few things that all of our from mine all the way to Parker's and Max's, all of our generations have in common. Yeah, because it was giant when I was kid. I kn't say, in the eighties it was enormous, and then you guys in the nineties, and even right now, it's still gigantic. Different personalities of course, obviously, but it's still the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty big.
Speaker 7: Man, it's nuts, and it's like we it's a whole different thing now, the way that kids consuming, because when I grew up, I mean, the day I found out that it was scripted was the worst era of my child.
Speaker 3: I remember swinging on the swing set. Whether it's a single tear falling off it was.
Speaker 7: It was like it was right around the time that tv O became a thing, and I was I was at my friend's house and then he was playing in slow motion. I was like, wait, he didn't even he didn't even kick that guy, And everybody kind of around me just looked at me and they're like, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's literally I was like, oh, so what's next, Santa is not real?
Speaker 7: Yeah, And then so it was it was the worst, But now kids grow, and that's how it was publicly presented too, Like you couldn't just be on TV and ask Rick Flair, Hey, so what a what about creative and blah blah blah. He'd be like, no, this is real. I really thought that guy, I really pick that guy. But now it's like it's not a secret anymore. So so it can openly talk about the process, and kids are kind of consuming it in a different way.
Speaker 3: And now the ww can give rumors.
Speaker 7: And say, well, so and so might win this thing and and and might not, might lose that thing, and the audience can kind of influence the product more. It's like if you could influence your favorite character's fate on a TV show. You know, it's like if Game of Thrones everybody hated that last season. It's almost like if they like wrestling, is like if they were writing it in real time and everybody went no, that John snow thing that sucked, and then the next week they can go, well, actually he's he's just on a different team. Yeah, exactly. So it's it's it's a very fascinating way that it's evolved. But it's just you're right, howcke It's something that's it's persevered throughout the time, and it's i mean, just over the last couple of years it's hit a whole different kind of boom. I mean they're breaking gate records and all types of stuff.
Speaker 3: Has hitched their wagon into it.
Speaker 1: I keep talking about it, but it's it's the craziest thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The marketing side of it has been genius with like you know, all the different type of influencers and like, yeah, I show Speed.
Speaker 3: Is all this stuff for WB is you know who Speed is. He's like the biggest streamer the world stream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this is the whole next generation, right is like Street, He's got hundreds of thousands of people watching.
Speaker 3: Him live, you know what I mean. The time we did McAfee have him on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, McAfee was a part of the commentator of what w McAfee has helped. Yeah, he's a his whole bit is progress.
Speaker 4: But all those all those things, right is, like they've they've found out how to kind of market to the next generation of kids. Right Like me growing up was like Randy Orton, Randy Orton, you know what I mean. Now it's like this whole next generation has has their guys And.
Speaker 1: For you guys, it was it was Hull, Cogan and the Giant, Yeah for.
Speaker 7: Sure, And we were just talking about Drive to Survive. W W has their own version of it now. Yeah, and it's like very polarizing within the wrestling community because a lot of people are like, we don't want to pull back that curtain for sure. Also on the flip side of it is like how much of that is actually not pulling back the curtain and they're pretending to pull back the curtain like they the things that they're going to show you, you know, like it's all part of like, Okay, this is going into the next season. So it's it's this whole kind of inception like thing that is. It's a very fascinating thing.
Speaker 1: You can do the same thing. We need to think about what the next step is for the Power Trip. We need to like have a behind the scenes Power Trip morning show where we film a documentary and we all go into rooms and talk about how much we hate each other and then come out and we rip each other and then oh, we love each other in front of each other and then to tell the truth like.
Speaker 3: A survivor thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Actually, what we just need to do is put a camera in Abbot's office. Yeah, yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Well, there you go, hate Perry. Yeah, thanks for coming night. It was nice coming back on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Year.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course, I love you guys. See you guys.
Speaker 1: We'll see in the Troy Likes. Do you need to ride up?
Speaker 3: H No, I will be driving up Thursday evening.
Speaker 1: Oh, Gat, gotta gotta go. I know you want to come up with Sauce. We'll pick you up on the way Star I should say so. Tomorrow Marcus Cheryl's we'll be joining us in studio.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about that. That's Holly.
Speaker 1: We'll also have Ben Leber. We'll also have the lovely and talented Tommy Olsen as well as we draw ever closer to football season. Oh yeah, man, Maxo tomorrow too, right, yes, sir, I'll be here. Good, good, Saucy, will you come in.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. We'll actually have William Sawalachin as well. I'm via phone to talk about what's going on in his world and ascar tough weekend last weekend. You could be passed.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Thanks for putting up with my throw on a fifth this morning when I got here. Guys, appreciate it. I'm going in a different direction. I'm not getting anywhere near three and any four on the way home.
Speaker 3: I promise it's not your fault. Thank you all.
Speaker 4: Thank you for saying that I am gone next week so I will be uh yeah, kicking it with some celebs at the visa.
Speaker 3: Cool stuff to.
Speaker 1: Do a couple of like just quick videos. Hey I'm standing here, this is what's going on, and send it to one of us so we can play them.
Speaker 3: Okay, of course of fun.
Speaker 1: I tell you, beloved bride, congratulations and we love it.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you soon. Thanks guys, thanks for tuning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's the powership morn into with the dinner best. Everybody, have a wonderful day. He read you have a word Ford. That's right, you too have a doom. I love you. Don't forget, you don't have to. You get to It's all about mindset. Go get the mo