Speaker 1: This is America's Trucking Network with Kevin Gordon.
Speaker 2: Lovable. Thanks for tuning in on this Friday morning. We start with a story that a subject that always gets me fired up. Just one of those things that when I see the term it just Illinois lawmakers approve a thirty percent truck toll hike. All right, we're talking about we've been talking about, and we've been hearing about inflation, and we've been talking about and hearing about, you know, how prices are going up and all this, and I keep pointing out the fact that you cannot continue to raise wages, which again you have to do that in order to make sure that your employees can have a wage to be able to live on and to be able to their families. But it still adds to the cost of things. You can't continue to increase wages. You can't continue to pay increase taxes and regulatory fees and bookkeeping things to keep the government happy. You can't continue to be paying increased in terms of the suppliers as far as them having to increase their payrolls and then come through to you. You can't continue to go out and pay more for interest rates and higher interest rates than what you should be and this not affect inflation. Nobody other than America's truck and network is concentrating on these other costs that are going into adding inflation. Everybody wants to talk about it. Everybody wants to kind of point it to well, it's a matter of the tariffs and all this sort of stuff. What it is is they're gas lighting us. They are. They know what the reason is, but they're trying to fake you out and make you think one thing so that you don't notice it over on these other ends. Raising a toll by thirty percent in these times are they insane? But we're talking about Illinois. Under the measure approved by the state legislature on October thirty first, tolls for commercial road trucks would increase by thirty percent to help fund a one point five billion dollar plan to revamp the state's transit operations. Transit operations, not to improve the roads, not to improve the bridges, not to improve lighting and timing of traffic lights and all that. No, we want to supply and we want to pay for the trains, the commuter trains, the buses, and these types of things. They can't sustain themselves on their own, and they can't. They are we are subsidizing the taxpayers subsidize those fares so that people that ride the buses and ride the trains can pay a smaller amount. But if they're paying a smaller amount, they don't have enough funds in terms of those transit authorities in order to pay for the improvements. And so what do they do. They go on the backs of people who can't for reasons, especially if you're a truck driver. There's no way you're going to load all your stuff onto a train and take it into the city. You're gonna have to drive a truck. If you live in certain parts and it's not convenient for you to take one of these trains, you have to drive into the area. And so they penalize the people who are actually trying to make a living and subsidizing these other forms of transportation rather than cutting expenses as far as the government is concerned, as far as some of the things that they do and spend money on and put the money aside for these transit authorities, No, they put it on the backs of truck drivers. Like you told people that people that go into the city and pay the tolls, so it's back on their backs. It just infuriates me because when a toll goes into place, they always sell it as a as a user fee. If you use it, you pay for it, which means that you're paying for that road, which means that if you're paying for that road, then that road is going to be repaired and replaced with the money that you pay. But no, it's always siphoned off and used for something else. Specifically, the state would replace the current Regional Transportation Authority with a new Illinois Transit Authority to oversee statewide transit system. And I would love to go through that Transit Authority, the transit system, and whoever is in the bureaucracy there and do a job by job analysis in terms of how many people are sitting around all day long twiddling their thumbs, how many of those employees are actually essential employees and actually being productive employees. How much waste, fraud and abuse is there within that agency. I would love to do an audit on that. Let's see, the plan would increase tolls by forty five cents for passenger vehicles, and the bill awaits the signature for Governor J. Babyback Pritzker JB. Pritzker is probably one of the most disgusting human beings on the face of the earth. He is the governor of Illinois, and you listen to him talk about how how safe Chicago is, yet it leads the country in murders, and yet the illegal aliens that are there and the illegal well illegal aliens, illegal immigrants that are there. He wants to stand in the way of ice getting rid of those out of the city, the people that are causing the problem. And yet he stands there and he talks as though how safe the city is and so on. And there is a website that I found years ago, go called Hey Jackass, And it's a website that you go on there and it tells you how many murders or how many shootings are over a weekend, how many people were killed, how many people killed you're to date. They'll even tell you where the where the deaths have occurred, where the shootings have occurred, how many sounds of shooting. In terms of the tracking. They will show you how in some cases I saw a graphic that showed well where most of the people were being shot, where they're being shot in the leg, where they're being shot in the arm. Where they're being shot, you know, the murder obviously, it doesn't matter where they're shot. But if there's a lot of woundings and stuff like that. I mean, they have numerous shootings in Chicago and they don't do anything to try to solve that. But anybody that goes in there and tries to clean it up, boy, they're just you know, jack booted thugs. They're you know, Donald Trump's a king because he wants to come in and make the city safe. That's your job. JB. Pritzker. And if you see the guy, I mean, jeez, you know, put the fork down and get some work done. For crying out loud, let's see. Michael Moran, president of Moran Transportation Corporation, called the legislature's action crippling and warned it will put people out of business. The thirty percent increase would raise the company's annual toll spending to one point six million dollars and hinder the ability to upgrade equipment and dress workplace benefits. He said. His firm specializing in regional less than truckload service throughout Illinois and surrounding states. So you're not going to be able to replace your equipment. You're not gonna be able to take that money and use it to make your to buy new equipment, which again effects in terms of the durable goods and making car the truck manufacturers hire more employees and get better trucks on the road. Also, it increases your cost because if you're driving older trucks, the maintenance on that's going to be higher, and you're going to instead of being able to buy a new truck and cut back on benefits that you're paying to your employees so that you can so that you can pay the toll, so that your toll money can then be used to subsidize people riding the buses, people riding the trains. This is probably one of the most critical things we face in the state in decades, Brands told the website on November fifth when he did the interview. It's just crippling impact on the industry. Safety and safety, increased costs of merchandise, passing huge increases to customers at a very very challenging time for everybody, and just a massive increase. I can't think of any increase that I've taken personally or corporately in the last forty six years. That is this level of impact. And again, these are prices are going to have to be passed through to the customers, which are you know, the companies that they're sending them, that they've delivered the merchandise to those vendors, and then they are going to have to then turn around and increase their cost to us, the buying public. The plan would redirect the state redirect the state's sales tax on motor vehicle to statewide transit operations, generating and estimated eight hundred and sixty million dollars annually. It would authorize Regional Transportation Authority to increase the Chicago area's sales tax by zero point two five percent. The measures primary provisions would take effect June first, twenty twenty six. Pritzker back to plan. The legislature makes important changes in new Illinois operations, manages our transportation network, including investigator investing in new capital projects, and will make our public transit and toll ways more modern, efficient, and reliable. Writers want trans transit to be safe, reliable, and frequent. The transformational investment of more than one billion dollars in new operating funds lays the groundwork to improve service, shortened travel times, and enhanced writer experience across the region, the group said in October thirty first. The bill also change as the Regions Transit Transit Governance, transitioning the RTA to the Northern Illinois Transit Authority. I just cannot I would love to see the waste, fraud and abuse in that organization. I'm Kevin Gordon, America's trucking Network. Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: I need this is the breathing reward on America's truck and needwork on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: IndyCar News.
Speaker 3: Ryan Hunter Ray, the twenty fourteen Indianapolis five hundred winner and twenty twelve IndyCar Series champion, will be joining Aero McClaren IndyCar team for the one hundred and tenth running of the Indianapolis five hundred in May of twenty twenty six, completing the team's four car linap for the month of May. Ray on why the Indy five hundred favors older drivers with experience.
Speaker 4: It's complex, it really is. It is the toughest race to win. It requires finesse at the right times. That requires there's a massive amount of aggression at other times, but you have to know when to apply those at what time and when that's appropriate. And you also have to keep the big picture mentality on everything that you do.
Speaker 2: Everything, whether it.
Speaker 4: Be in practice qualifying there, it's not just what's on the surface, which you can operate at kind of at that level at some other racetracks where it's just one hundred percent aggression here on fire, it could pan out for you the whole weekend at Indy.
Speaker 5: It requires depth.
Speaker 3: Motorsport reports that NASCAR is not ready to divulge details of its new championship format, mostly because they haven't made the final decisions on it yet. NASCAR is unlikely to revert back to a season long championship without a playoff on the track this weekend. Champions will be crowned at the NHRI Finals in Pomona, California. A second World championship in three years is all but certain for Doug Khalit and Top Fuel. He will secure it by making a qualifying pass. Austin Prock looks for another title and Funny Cars. He holds a one hundred and one point lead over Matt Hagan heading into NHRA's final weekend of the twenty twenty five season. Dallas Glenn and Greg Anderson, a pair of KB Titan Racing teammates, will battle it out this weekend for the Pro Stock Crown of twenty twenty five, and Richard Gaston holds a slight twenty one point ledge over Vance and Hinz teammate Gage Herrera for the Pro Stock Motorcycle Crown.
Speaker 1: I love this is the raething report on America's Druging Network on seven hundred WLW, Say Dennison a t N.
Speaker 2: I saw this story the other well, actually we had the story the other day talking about how they expect and anticipate a record dollar amount in terms of retail shoppings during the holiday season, during the Christmas season. And if you notice, because Thanksgiving is so late in the month, there is a shortened period of time between then November the twenty seventh and Christmas Day, so you got basically what a month and two days of the Christmas shopping season. So if you notice, there's an awful lot of vendors, a lot of stores that are trying to get ahead of the ball of the game there, and you notice all these I wish they would come up with a different term I mean, you know, Black Friday used to have a significance to it, the day after Thanksgiving when people would have all their different sales and so on, and then of course followed by the Monday of the Cyber Monday sales. Now a early bird Black Friday sale is kind of a ridiculous term, a pre holiday sale or just hey, come up with a different term. But to keep calling an early bird Black Friday sales or Black Friday comes early or whatever. I mean, it is just so lame. Come up with a different term. And you know what, maybe tonight I'll think of that and then on Tuesday Show, I'll come up with the term that they can replace it with. But it's just, you know, rushing the holiday season is bad enough. I mean, you go going to some of these stores, what before they even have the Halloween or the fall merchandise done before the Halloween day October thirty, around the end of October, and already they've got the Christmas stuff out there. I've seen. I actually saw one store that almost seemed like they were starting their Christmas stuff in there towards the end of September, first part of October. Unbelievable. But again, when you're trying to get that holiday dollar, when you're trying to make those sales, when you're trying to get people through the door and get your profits up. You got to do what you got to do in order to get people in the door. And when you're relying, and when you have such a short holiday season, that's going to be difficult. But anyway, they're anticipating over one trillion dollars in holiday spending, which is a record, so which shows the resilience of the American public, the fact that the American public has decided that they're not going to participate in this doom and gloom that they're spoon fed regurgion in the mainstream media keep trying to force feed us. And as we pointed out on this program, numerous times when they throw a headline out there, the story doesn't match the headline, and you know what's interesting, and I don't you know, I don't know if it's a coincidence or I'm just noticing it, or people are well, we do know that on America's truck A network, we are far ahead of the curve. Stuff we start talking about here. It takes two, three, four, sometimes weeks months before other people start talking about it. So when I make the comment, and I've been making the comment pretty much all the year long, that when you read the headline of the story, and I point out that the younger people and a lot of people, all they do is get their news by the headlines and they don't dig into the story as we do here on America's truck a Network and get behind the numbers and show that hey, you know, they contradict themselves here and that the actual story itself doesn't match the headline. People are starting to mention this more and more. I'm hearing more and more people talk about it again Late to the game, Welcome to the club gang. But we've been talking about that on America's truck and Network for a number of months here, and by the way, it would be a good time to remind you that if you listen to America's truck and Network, you're going to be so far ahead of the curve they're not even going to see your tail lights. So now we've got people starting to talk about the holiday season and it's going to be robust, that the people are are geared up and people are looking forward to spending money. Well, we got a story here. FedEx profit guidance eases holiday season worries. FedEx Corporation expects profit this quarter to improve from a year ago, easing investor concerns about a lackluster holiday season and volatile trade policies. All year long, all we keep hearing about volatile trade policies, the up and downs of terrorists, the up and downs of this Trump's trade policies are disrupting things, and all the doom and gloom, all the stuff that everybody was worried about, panicked about, and all this sort of stuff, Easing investor concerns about lackluster holiday seasoned sales and volatile trade policies that never materialized. You know, again, when you go into a negotiation and you say that, Okay, here's what you're charging us, here's what we're going to charge you unless you lower your prices, then that's the starting tool. And I guess everybody assumed that, okay, raising of the tariffs on these other countries, that that's going to be permanent and that's not going to be reduced. If there was a trade agreement between the two countries finalized and hammered out, and when that's hammered out those tariffs that were going to go into effect. And how many times have these terrors been postponed because it appeared as though that they were making some progress in the negotiation. So in terms of the impact of these terraffs, it's been very minimal. Anyway, what you're seeing right now, and according to this Ari Rose an Analystic City group, what you're seeing right now clearly is something of a relief rally when people have been pretty negative on the prospects for both FedEx and UPS. These are people that aren't looking at the numbers. They're not concentrating on the numbers, they're not seeing what is being done as far as the economy is concerned. And again, focus just on the individual headlines and not the details, you're gonna have this doom and gloom that reflects a lot of challenges that these companies have faced over the last twelve to twenty four months. And again, when a company is facing these certain challenges, they adapt. They just don't sit there and say, gee, whiz, this is a problem, and you know what, we're gonna stick our head in the sand. We're just gonna, you know, pretend that it's not happening and then pull our heads out later on and see what things look like. Maybe the threat has passed. You know, not everybody out there has the luxury or the stupidity of Gavin Newsom to completely ignore what's going out and caning with high gas prices. Eleven thousand structures out there destroyed by fires that they created, that it was their fault and their mismanagement. They can ignore that, And they can ignore the overruns on this speed train that was supposed to be done that is now hundreds hundreds of billions of dollars over budget and so on, and they haven't even laid a rail yet. So you know, you can ignore all that stuff, and you can trot off to the Climate Change COP thirty convention I guess it's convention or conference down there in Brazil and talk about and go down there and trash the United States and trash the president. Good for you, Gavin, you you know, one of the most useful individuals around. I just you know, you can't put your head in the sand. These companies don't have the luxury of being able to do that. They have to be proactive. They got to change things, They got to make adjustments. That got to be resilient, and it shows in these companies and when their bottom lines improved as a result of the changes they made. The package delivery industry has seen has been grappling with uncertain demand ahead of the peak cheap shipping season and rising costs from Donald Trump's tariffs. They always have to throw that in there. FedEx and UPS are also expected to encounter disruptions and higher expenses from the grounding of their MD eleven aircraft following the fatal craft last week from the UPS freightliner. The grounding could be more burdensome for UPS because the plane accounts for about nine percent of their total freek fleet. Brian austen Beck and analysts the JP Morgan Securities, the latest developments are pushing the couriers to turn to third party charters to maintain operations. So that's good for some of the people in the trucking industry because if these planes have been grounded, they're going to have to do and move the merchandise some other way other than by those planes, and a lot of that's going to be moved by trucks, So that's good news for the trucking industry. And again showing a bit of resilience. You don't sit back and say, well, ge whiz, our planes have been grounded. I guess we just can't deliver these package. No, they're going to find some way of delivering those packages, if they have to go through third party operations or not. They're going to adapt to the situation. Coming up, we've got some story. I've got a story about ACT research reveals how fast the trucking capacity is shrinking. That's good news. Well, I mean in terms of freight rais is going, freight rates going up. I'm Kevin Gordon, America's Trucking Network seven hundred WLW News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred wl W Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: That House will vote soon on whether to force the release of all remaining Jeffrey Epstein files. With your twelve thirty report, I'm Travis Laird breaking now, a bipartisan petition has reached the required two hundred and eighteen signatures. After Arizona's Adelita Grihalva was sworn in and added her name, four Republicans have joined Democrats Lauren Bobert, Nancy Mace, Marjorie Taylor Green, and Thomas Massey of Kentucky. ABC's at Stephen Portnoy has what comes next. After unsuccessfully applying pressure on a handful of GOP colleagues to keep their names off a petition that would force a vote, Speaker Mike Johnson says he'll put the Epstein Files bill on the floor next week. It could pass the House, but even if it does, there's no guarantee it would be put to a vote in the Senate, and even if it passed both houses, there's no guarantee President Trump would sign it. We'll see what happens next week. WEB the time.
Speaker 7: On the way to Friday morning mostly clear. We'll see a morning low of thirty seven our Friday, though increasing clouds, a slight chance of a shower, a high of fifty nine at night We're cloudy, and a low down to forty six. That's the forecast. I'm nine first warning. Chief meeting zeurologist Steve Rawley now right now forty degrees. In Cincinnati, WCPO says the Beauty Artistry Academy in Eastgate took full tuition from students this year, but then shut down with almost no warning. The owner blames federal funding cuts. In a bank backing out of.
Speaker 6: A refinance deal, but parents say the school never disclosed any financial trouble before closing in September. The academy wasn't accredited, so students can't use federal loans and have limited options to get their money back. Some were offered partial refunds, others say they got nothing. Many have now transferred to other programs while filing complaints with the Ohio Attorney General help us Lee Mallin, You're our only hope.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 5: Trey Hendrickson, Samaji p Ryan Schamar Stewart did not practice for a second straight day for the Bengals. Jermaine Burton and Lucas Patrick also not practicing. Joe Flacco and Bj Hill were limited Bengals at the Steelers Sunday afternoon one Red's higher bullpen coach Oscar Marine Matt Tracy becomes the new assistant pitching coach Simon Matthews leave Cincinnati to become the new pitching coach of the Nationals and Cyclones, announcing Ford Ben King and Goalieken Appleby are now with the AHLs.
Speaker 2: Toronto.
Speaker 5: Marley's Cyclones host the Walleye Friday Night at seven thirty five.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much, Lee Mawen. Your twelve thirty news is a service of Progressive Insurance. You'll hear from Lee again at one o'clock breaking news anytime. I'm Travis Laird. News Radio seven hundred WLW switched to America's number one commercial truck and sure visit Progressivecommercial dot Com.
Speaker 2: Johnny the kids didn't come home last night?
Speaker 8: Along the central text, here's your trucking forecast for the Try State and the rest of the country and the Try State. Overnight mostly clear, the low down to thirty seven, mostly sunny Friday, with a slight chance of afternoon rain. A high of sixty one, mostly claudy Saturday. The high year seventy, sunny and cooler Sunday, a high fifty six. Nationally through Saturday, heavy rain and heavy mountain snow, along with strong winds will be seen in parts of California. The West and central US will see above average temperatures. Meanwhile, rain and storms will be seen in the Great Lakes region.
Speaker 2: Saturday. Seven hundred WLW im Kevin Gordon. This as America struck In Network. If you missed any part of our program, hit up that iHeartRadio app brought to you by our friends at Rush Truck Centers. Before I get to this story, on act researches reveals how fast trucking capacity is shrinking. One of the reasons for that. These two stories will kind of add to that, and it's a good thing, quite honestly. Oklahoma and ICE launch second I forty CDL crackdown. Oklahoma Highway Patrol and ICE detained seventy people, including thirty four commercial drivers, in the US illegally during the fifteen hour interstate forty sting of the Arkansas border. The operation part of Operation Guardian involved two hundred and nine vehicle inspections targeting drivers lacking legal status or English proficiency. According to the state officials. Now with the mandate from Sean Duffy in the Transportation Department, that regulation in terms of English language proficiency, which has always been part of the FMCSA Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Guidebook, which is classifies as an out of service violation. That out of service violation was rescinded or not enforced during the latter part of the last few months of the Obama administration, although the illegal aliens in this country at that point wasn't that much. There were still some available or there was still some and I think the estimates were something along the line of six thousand throughout the entire country at that time. But with the invasion that we saw, and that's why that I guess that loophole wasn't closed during the first Trump administration, but in the Biden administration, when the invasion of this country happened through the southern border and the northern border and every place else, there's more of these illegal aliens that have somehow gotten well. We've seen some of the instances how they got driver's license and stuff, but not passing the English language proficiency. And this hasn't been enforced by the Department of Transportation during a Biden administration. So now this is being enforced and those people are being turned out of service, So that will make not only make the roads a lot safer, but then also drop down that capacity in terms of how many. You know, when you've got people that are willing to come into a country and they're already illegal and they are willing to drive and operate for less than what the normal wages are, that pushes the ages down for the rest of people. If they're willing to haul freight, or the companies they work for willing to haul freight for less than what can be done. Those depress the markets. So if you weed that out and get rid of the drivers that are creating the safety problems on the road and get them off the road, freight rates will go up. Now, the operation Operation Guardian involved two hundred nine vehicles. Governor ken Stitt has said Oklahoma will continue enforcing immigration and safety laws for truckers as other states joined similar interstate crackdowns. Now, you remember when they did this a couple months ago, they caught all kinds of flag from the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media saying how can you do this? This is so cruel and blah blah blah. Well, you know, do you want your family out on the road with somebody who doesn't understand English, that can't read road signs that if they are even if they do have some sort of an app where they have on their phones. And I've seen this at hotels and stuff where if you're talking to somebody that is, you know, housekeeping or whatever, and you ask them a question, they'll kind of put up their finger the index finger, mind you, but to kind of halt you for a second. So they pull out their phone and then they ask you to repeat or you know, say what you said, and then they can look at their phone and it automatically translates that. Well, imagine if you're out on the road and you're reading and you're trying to figure out where you are, and you're looking at your phone and you're waiting for that to come back and tell you where to turn or how to turn, or keeping in communication distracting you from the road itself. How that's going to cause a safety issue out on the road. And why anybody in the right mind would issue a driver's license, or especially a CDL license to somebody that's going to be operating an eighty thousand pounds vehicle out on the highway that doesn't display the proficiency had been able to handle that truck is absolutely beyond me. But anyway, Oklahoma Ice has launched a second CDL crackdown looking good, and we'll see some of the results of that in the coming days. But it's interesting. It was a fifteen hour sting called Operation Guardian. Now kind of on the heels of that, mind you, California has been resisting. They have been saying, hey, we're not going to comply with this stuff. We're not going to comply with Duffies Sean Duffy's mandate to review all of the CDL licenses and see which one of those have been issued to illegal aliens or people whose work visus have expired and all this. They don't want to comply with that. So there's been transportation funds withheld from the state of California. And of course, rather than fixing their fixing the problem out there, what do they do. They sue the FMCSA, sue the Trump administration and try to tie this up in court. And they say, we don't have a problem out here. We have complied with the law. Oh really, well, California to revoke seventeen thousand CDLs for immigrants, its expiration dates went past when the drivers were legally allowed to be in the US. This is one of the things we talked about before. If you are issuing a driver's license to somebody, one of the things you should check in is make sure that number one, they have a work visa, that they are authorized to work in this country. And then when you look at that visa or you look at that work authority, how long are they allowed to work? You don't issue them a license that goes beyond the date of when they're supposed to when their visa runs out, that's just crazy. That gives them an opportunity to keep out there and keep on the road past the time that they're supposed to either renew it or get out of the country. And again, those kinds of things are what depresses the freight rates around and makes it difficult on other people out there to make a living. But again, if California doesn't have a problem, then why are they withholding or they revoking seventeen thousand CDLs the things that make you go. Fatal crashes in Texas and Alabama highlighted the questions about licenses. Transportation Secretary Duffy revoked forty million dollars in federal funding for California over English language enforcement. Now I think that number has gone up to over one hundred million dollars if I'm not mistaken. The announcement follows harsh criticism from the Trump administration about California and other states granting licenses to people in the country illegally. The issue was thrust into public consciousness in August when attractor trailer not authorized to be in the US made an illegal U turn and caused the crash in Florida and killed three people. Then, of course, we had that accident last month where the person and you know, he was impaired, he was on drugs, tested positive for that and apparently, I mean, if you look at the video, like I said, it was one of the most horrific crashes I've seen. The guy didn't even break I don't know if he was asleep, I don't know if he passed out, I don't know. I don't see any of the details of that. But he just came plowing into all these trucks again or these vehicles that were stopped or slowed down. Killed three people there. So again this enforcement going on in California actually starting to revoke some of these licenses. I mean, I thought they didn't have a problem out there. I thought that they were saying that we've been complying fully and completely with the law and what the government has been mandating, and were in compliance with the federal laws. And of course let's see Gavin Newsom Nwisman's office said the state followed Guy idents it received from the US Department of Homeland Security about issuing these license to non citizens. Oh really, then again, why are you now starting to revoke these Apparently you weren't doing that. You were going under basically the rules from the prior administration. But as in any executive order or any type of inter departmental I guess, decision or mandate or resolution, those are the rules. Now. You don't refer back to the rules before and say we're operating accurately under those rules. No, if the rules change, you have to comply with that. Coming up, let's get to that story about ACT Research. I'm Kevin Gordon, America's Trucking Network seven hundred WLW, run a business and not thinking about podcasting. Think again, Yes, as America'strucking Network seven hundred WLW. ACT Research reveals how fast trucking capacity is strengthening, and of course ACT stands for America's America's Commercial Transportation Research Company ACT Research. October Research is one of the first comprehensive looks at the trucking market since English language proficiency enforcement has been tough and impacts to trucking capacity are clear. What isn't obvious though, is whether the demand side on the market will show up. The ACT for HI Trucking Index depicts the landscape where for higher truck capacity is contracting. According to the report, capacity index increased by two point one points month over months to forty seven point five in September. This tells us the capacity is indeed contracting. Analyst Carter Weith from ACT Research highlighted the crucial aspect. The key piece regarding the capacity is the thirty two percent reduction in tractor build from H one to H two the first half of the year, first half and second half of the year, which notably to tractor build below the replacement levels. This substantial cut and tractor builds is shrinking the overall number of units available to the US market. And again, when you have these tractors, the number of tractors available out on the road, the laws of supply and demand come into effect. If you have fewer items and you have a bigger demand than the cost to comply or the cost to move that goods, those will increase and will increase those freight rates, which will get them back up to where they should be and where we get out of this trucking recession that we've been in, and again to emphasize people in that are not in the trucking industry generally, anybody that has been in the trucking industry for a number of years, they stand. You have peaks and valleys, Like in all businesses, you have certain years where you're just making a lot of money and things are going well, and then certain things happen and you make a little bit of a dip, and so you try to even those out over the years. But what they and generally and when you have a trucking recession, those trucking recessions usually last between twelve and fourteen months. We are now double that amount in the trucking industry to where we are in the third year basically of a trucking recession. And this all started as a result after the pandemic, because so many people came into the marketplace seeing that they could make a lot of money because freight rates were high. So a lot of people jumped into the marketplace and they stayed around. And then because they stayed around and they could afford possibly to carry freight for a little bit less than they were doing that, which was depressing the prices and as we've seen with the influx and the invasion that we had from the southern border with illegal immigran and also out there driving and working for some of these companies. And quite honestly, the crackdown needs to be on some of these companies that have hired these people. That'll thin the herd as well. But they are going through this analysis in tandem with the capacity contraction. The heightened enforcement of ELP standards by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration is poised to clean up the industry driver pool and potentially constrain capacity in a material well way. As noted in ACTS research, ten percent of drivers might not meet these standards, potentially creating a capacity crunch in the less compliant lower end of the spot market where many freight brokers cover their shipments. Stricter ELP requirements may cause a significant reshuffling of the labor market, fundamentally impacting the availability of qualified drivers. Now that is a good thing because if safety is the issue, and if you're worried about safety, making sure that people out on the road that are driving these big rigs that they are qualified to do that and they can do it safely because you want safety out on the road, and this makes things better for truck drivers like you out there that are following the law and doing the right thing day after day after day. While factoris that tend to constrain capacity and the headlines other macroeconomic variables are blocking the robust rise in freight rates, volumes present more complex picture. The volume index as reported by ACT rows fIF fifty five point one in September, it's highest in over a year, indicating a rebound in the volumes now. They talk about in here that one of the things happening is consumer spending increases have helped buoy the inventory levels without causing overstock, while even while sectors such as manufacturing housing remains sluggish. See what are some of the other key pieces in here. One of the things they talked about, which is interesting talking about ACT research underscores that while capacity contraction typically participates precipitates rate increases, other elements are balancing this effect. Look ahead to mid next year, I by suggested as tariffs are worked through the work through, capacity continues to contract and if the economy continues to grow furthermore, reports intimates that lower interest rates could bolster durable goods demands while offering some optimism for future housing market activity. Where have you heard that before? Oh yeah, from America's trucking network. Lower the interest rates, you stimulate the economy. People move into homes, they buy more durable goods, furniture, fixtures, appliances, and so on. So you know, again America's trucking network ahead of the curve. Just saying tay, a look at oil and gas prices real quick before we out of here. West Texas intermedia crude currently is a fifty eight dollars and sixty seven cents a barrel. That is down actually up eighteen cents from yesterday, not much of an increase. Brent crude currently is sixty two dollars ninety nine cents a barrel, that is up only twenty eight cents, a marginal increase. Just since January of the twentieth, when Trump took office. West Texas intermedia crude is down eighteen dollars and twenty two cents a barrel, which accounts for which is equal to a twenty four percent reduction in the cost of oil. And again, when you have lower energy prices, that lowers your energy bills, that lowers your cost that increases your bottom line and lowers inflation. Brent krude currently since January of the twentieth it is down sixteen dollars and ninety one cents, or twenty one percent per barrel. Now, I've been mentioning on and on about how if oil prices are coming down in the twenty percent twenty five percent thereabout range, then we should see a reflection of that in the oil or in the gasoline prices. We are not seeing much of that of an impact. If you look at the nation nationwide average of gasoline at three dollars and eight cents a gallon, that is roughly the same as it was this time last year. Diesel prices nationwide currently is at three dollars and sixty or seventy seven cents a gallon, which is actually twenty two cents higher than a year ago. If those prices were down by about ten to fifteen percent, that, in my opinion, what they should be gas across the board right now nationwide average should be around two dollars and sixty three cents a gallon, and diesel should be around three dollars and twenty cents now nationwide high and I keep mentioning this, California currently is at four dollars and sixty eight cents. They are two dollars and thirteen cents a gallon higher than Oklahoma. So how jazz hands Gavin Newsom can be out there talking about how wonderful California is and how great they are operating that state out there when they're paying two dollars and thirteen cents more per gallon than the lowest price in the country is beyond me. So a lot needs to be done out there in California. Number One, don't elect people like Gavin Newsom. Oil prices tick higher after Steve losses in the previous session. Oil price is ticked up on Thursday after easing nearly four percent yesterday in the previous session as investors weighed concerns about global oversupply and illuoming sanctions against Russia. Now there's been this push pulland Phil Flynn and his Energy Report keeps pointing this out that the OPAC producers, they are saying that there will be an oil glut next year, and yet the International Energy Agency is saying that we have hit peak oil and that the supplies are going to tighten. So you've got the agency that looks at these this data and they see it and they are saying that it's going in one direction, where the people that are doing the production are saying a different thing. And it's amazing how these so called experts can get it wrong. Anyway, talking about Server A Sarker DBS Bank Energy Sector Team lead, there should be a considerable support to oil prices around the sixty dollars per barrel, especially given that there could be a short term disruption because of sanctions on Russia. Those are starting to have an effect other things affecting the markets. American patrolling. I'll get this. Crude inventories rose by six point four million barrels, they said, to four hundred and twenty seven point six million barrels the weekend. It's November the seventh, the EEI said, compared with the analyst expectations that they would raise by one point ninety six million. So again, because of these so called experts involved here, we see that oil inventories they only miss that mark by three one hundred and twenty six percent. Week after week after week, we see this and it's creating problems in terms of being able to plan ahead for these companies to make sure what they're you know, what is available and what on the short term is going to be available as far as the marketplace is concerned. But again good news as far as falling oil prices, again this should equate through the economy and in the form of low energy prices, which is a good thing. Well, folks, that does it for us. Stay tuned for our Red Eye Radio at the top of the hour. I'm Kevin Gordon. America has struck a network seven hundred WLW