Speaker 1: The Bloomberg Market Minute on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: This is a Bloomberg money minute. Federal Reserve drama is front and center on Wall Street this morning. President Trump saying he is a preferred candidate to be the next chair of the Federal Reserve, but he says he's in no hurry to make an announcement. He does tell reporters that current chair Jay Powell should resign, and he says he'd love to fire him, adding maybe he still might. The President says an announcement would be made in January sometime. The Fed today releases detailed comments from its meeting earlier this month when it cut interest rates. Meta announcing a new AI related deal the Facebook parent greened by Manus, a Singapore based artificial intelligence agent, to build a business around its AI investment. Manus sells its AI agent to businesses through subscriptions, and this could all give Meta a more immediate return on some of its AI spending. Stock futures this hour are fluctuating. Dow, SNP and NASDIAC futures all flipping between the and the green Silver recovering a bit.
Speaker 1: This morning.
Speaker 2: Denise Pelgritty Bloomberg Radio.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning, It is eight o nine on seven hundred WLW. Steve Hawkins in for Tom Brenneman. Thought we talked to one of my favorite guests that we have every week on Tuesdays, Julie Isfordine joining me. Julie, good morning. How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm great. It's good talking to you again.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Have you had good holidays so far?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love the holiday seasons. Everyone so happy, Yeah, generous and kind. It's a good time of year.
Speaker 1: And then New Year's happens and we've got to build healthy habits to stick to in the New Years, stuff like getting off the couch and walking to the refrigerator. Is that we may get more walking in Is that what you meant?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: No, and that's funny when you brought it up, you went from happy to stay there good.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: I think that's what's so negative about New Year's resolutions. Everyone goes, well, I'm a problem to be sick.
Speaker 3: You are not a problem to be sick.
Speaker 1: Oh, I am h What do you so? Everybody's happy, they're eating whatever they want. The clock strikes midnight and now you're on a diet. Is that what happens?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I think People start thinking about and they don't realize first of all that you're already outrageously wonderful.
Speaker 3: And try to start from there.
Speaker 5: And I think New Year's resolutions shouldn't always be around just dieting and exercise, like you're not a number on a scale, nor are you the number of calories you eat in a day.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 5: If you take a sort of a different approach to New Year's resolutions and think about.
Speaker 4: What do I wish for?
Speaker 5: I mean, Steve, what do you wish for for yourself?
Speaker 1: I want to be six feet four and one hundred and seventy pounds. Neither one of those are going to happen.
Speaker 5: No, that would not be the riding of oh, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry, what well New Year's resolutions. The statistics tell us in the first month up to about forty three percent of the people kick quit even by mid January, and then some people go a couple of months, but nobody goes for the whole year. How do we build these healthy habits and stick to them this year?
Speaker 5: Well, just really start with the fact that you know this is not you're not transforming yourself, you're already Start with the fact that you've got some beautiful habits already built into your life and realize that you just need some more courage, discipline, and a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of great Okay, So what you.
Speaker 5: Know, if it is maybe takes several forms of healthy. You're not just looking for physically healthy change, but intellectually healthy changes, socially healthy changes, emotionally, so.
Speaker 3: You're a whole person.
Speaker 5: So I don't like when people totally focus on diet and exercise. I mean, what else is there out there? So we'll hone in on exercise and first and diet.
Speaker 4: So what can you add that really is important to you?
Speaker 5: Like, is it really something really really small, like go for a walk starting start today? Why do you have to wait for January first? It's not like you're a new person on January the first. You're the same person you always were, but just someone who is hopeful for a fresh start or looking for something new to add to their life that'll bring them both joy and also it's a little scary. So think about that. So if I were picking up a few more things that I want to change in my own life to it might be to clean up my diet just a little, to take out one food that I you know, really.
Speaker 3: Don't need and really small and then go for a walk. But maybe it also involves.
Speaker 5: Having other goals as well, like reading more or not having an opinion on everything, or not spending so much time on screens, and that will make room for other things you want to do. And yeah, if it's fitness, I've set a nice goal out there and realizing that you're not going to be perfect. You have to give yourself some grace. But the discipline, you know, it's going to require discipline, courage, and grace.
Speaker 3: So like when I was training for the Olympics, I.
Speaker 5: Don't want people to get the idea that you know, I jumped out of bed in the morning and can't wait to go running and eat right, sleep well, and.
Speaker 3: You know, be misperfect.
Speaker 4: I just realized that I just.
Speaker 5: Want to be healthier and it's really, really, really important to me. So it wasn't when I'm going to or if I'm going to run, it was when I'm going to run. So it became part of me, something that was really really valuable. Like, well, we can change it to another topic like parenting. Every person who listens to the show Who's a Parent wants to be a better parent.
Speaker 4: It's just very.
Speaker 5: Important to them. So it becomes part of you, just like exercise, just like sleep, just like eating right, it becomes so valuable to you that it becomes something that you begin to find joy with or you find ways to make it happen. So you say no to other things, Like no should be a really really important word in your life this year, because if you say no to less screen time, that means you're saying yes.
Speaker 4: To a walk or a walk with your.
Speaker 5: Spouse, or you're saying yes to a really good book, or you're saying yes to doing one nice thing a day for someone.
Speaker 3: So you see where I'm going with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've talked about walking several times, just walking around the block or down the street. Is that a healthy habit? Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know, I'm glad you brought that up, because see, we want to complicate everything we want to you know, it's sort of like we read the newest thing on Instagram or Facebook and say, oh, I should be doing that. Well, no, keep it simple. What if you did decide today you were going to go start twenty minutes go for a walk every morning, it was your time to think and reflect or you know, think about the things that matter, or you do it with a friend. It sounds so simple, but that's the point. Those small things in life, the small things in life. You'll turn out and look back and realize that those were the big things. And it is really about consistency. It's about showing up. And I think the best part about New Year's resolutions is the fact that you're starting again. And that's what matters. That you always have the hope and the willingness and the discipline and the courage and the grace.
Speaker 3: To start again.
Speaker 5: Because life gets messy and we're not perfect, thank goodness. But if you have a you know how it goes. Life is amazing and then life is awful, and then life is amazing again.
Speaker 3: And in between the amazing and the awful.
Speaker 4: Is that normal?
Speaker 3: Consistent?
Speaker 4: I'm going to show up today.
Speaker 5: I'm going to try again, and I'm hopeful that I can be you know, just do these small consistent things and I can be just a little bit healthier every day.
Speaker 1: Sounds like.
Speaker 3: What if? Yeah?
Speaker 4: What if this?
Speaker 5: What if this was your New Year's resolution?
Speaker 3: To have a daily resolution? Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 5: To have it, to wake up every morning and say these are the three healthy things that I'm going to do. Here's one of the nice things I'm going to do for someone else. This it You know that that would be a wonderful reflection in the morning.
Speaker 3: And what's wrong with that?
Speaker 5: It's small, it's doable, it's an everyday intention.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not we.
Speaker 4: Don't have to like try to get the whole.
Speaker 3: Year in and one day.
Speaker 5: So and it it leaves room for times when maybe you aren't able to do it or you're not perfect.
Speaker 3: It just leaves more space in your life to be human.
Speaker 1: All right. Julius fordein, Hey, thanks for talking. I learned a lot here, built some healthy habits for life, not just for the New Year's. Thanks for talking. Tom will be back to talk to you next Tuesday. Okay.
Speaker 3: I love talking to you too though.
Speaker 1: Right, me too. Julius fordin with us this morning on Tom Burnaman Show. It's eight eighteen on seven hundred WLW. Let's check in with Heather. Another look at traffic this morning. Heather, what are we dealing with?
Speaker 6: Still pretty clear conditions. Traffic is mostly moderate from the U See Health Traffic Center. From non invasive to surgical treatments. Do you see health back neck and Spine Center offers every option to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learn more at u seehealth dot com. Taking a look at traffic on I seventy five north of Town Street up this way, we do have just a couple of blans available in either direction due to some construction. So here we do have some reduced speeds, no big backups, but you want to use caution. Also on I seventy one, your Victory Parkway traffic is moderate. I'm seeing posted speeds here easily in either direction. I'm Heather Pasco on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Thanks Heather. The WCPO nine first Warning weather forecast pretty much looks like this. Cold, partly sunny today, cold, few flurries can't be ruled out. We're actually going to get to twenty night yesterday and today the coldest days in the next week. We're just gonna be in the thirties pretty much till next Tuesday. All right, mostly cloudy, cold again tonight down to twenty five. Now your New Year's forecast partly sunny, high thirty five for New Year's Eve, but tomorrow night Wednesday night into New Year's Day, increasing clouds, light snow possible. There's about a half an inch or maybe one inch possible, so that could make travel coming home or two your New Year's Eve party problematic, so make sure you have a designated driver or call uber. Things like that lo Tomorrow night twenty three, same story for New Year's Day. Light snow continues, some travel problems could be there, some snow in the area and a high of only thirty two. It's called out there right now eighteen. It feels like four at seven hundred WLW coming up in just a few minutes. Bobby Leach, our resident music director guru gonna be talking about the number one song of the year on seven hundred WLW