Speaker 1: Yeah, super duper. That's nice. Might a Gonoga? Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: Power three Morning Chill, Thursday, July sixteenth of twenty twenty six. I'm Corey Cove. That's a sauce. There's Zach Calverson. Good morning guys.
Speaker 1: Hey, how are you man? Good?
Speaker 2: You want there the kind of person that likes the good news first.
Speaker 1: Or the bad news first? Uh?
Speaker 2: I get the bad news out of the way, or do you want to end with the bad news?
Speaker 3: Let's uh, let's go with the uh good news. No, let's go with the bad news. Bad news. The world is a campfire. Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I mean, as a member of the Driveway Club walked out to my car this morning, it smells like a fresh campfire. And obviously normally that's a really nice smell. It doesn't like the smell of a good campfire sit right away in the morning.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, man, last night was fun. When you know, when when.
Speaker 2: You realize the cause of the campfire smell is what we're dealing with on the north side of the state, it sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable how much the smoke has.
Speaker 1: Gotten down here.
Speaker 2: I feel like I smell like campfire smoke because I feel like it's in my clothes now, because I like, I can smell it right now. Well that's the case or not, but it's in my head. I'm not in the driveway club you will be.
Speaker 3: But when I got out of my car here, I was like, my god, it was it's aggressive.
Speaker 1: It's very aggressive. It's like a thick fog, it sure is. Yeah, it's there's something in the fog. It's greasy, man. Yeah, it's real greasy.
Speaker 2: Greasy, like I said, which is too bad. Who doesn't like campfire smells like a top ten smell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is a great smell because well, in your case, though, a campfire smell years ago meant that there was a lot of insane clown posse play.
Speaker 1: That is actually true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because back in the day in Chicago Lakes in nineteen ninety eight, when I was a high school senior, a lot of bonfire parties and my friends unfortunately really really liked insane clown posse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which nobody Yeah, and now you just deal with Dob, the only person left you know that actually admits they listen to that band.
Speaker 2: We also were you know, geeking out over early eminem in the late nineties as well. And I would say the other third staple of those campfires was you can do this Limp I mean yeah, but no, right, I mean that was in the rotation, But there was another band that was a nineties band that was just a fun high school party vibe.
Speaker 1: You can do this.
Speaker 2: Maybe like campfires and you know, parties out in the woods. Probably doesn't make sense for the vibe of the band, But as soon as you you hear what I say, you're going to be like, well, yeah, come on, you can do this.
Speaker 1: One word band starts with an S, starts.
Speaker 2: What I think beaches instead of forests. Sublime, Uh yeah, duh, you gotta drop some spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Sublime was is such a it's still a good vibe now, so a good vibe now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the best Sublime whales all right.
Speaker 2: So the bad news is that the whole world smells like a campfire, and that's scary for our friends up north.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it's not good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The good news is is, man, there's nothing better than major golf, especially when it's major golf betting, And there's nothing better than when.
Speaker 1: Golf starts at essentially what midnight or something? Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: It's it's on right now. And I got here like five eight. I did zero prep because I put on the golf tournament and washing it for twenty two minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Who's in the lead.
Speaker 2: Rosi's guy d Tree, Yeah, and Rosie's guy Brown, and Rosie's guy Smally, and Rosie's guy McIntyre and Rosie's guy m.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, he picked all those guys now he wanted to.
Speaker 2: Oh and Scheffler, of course, is also tied for the lead, but to Scheffler's the ghosts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, and Marty's guy McIntyre is right up there, but uh, Rosie's actual guy dismissed a very short putt. Good yeah, good correct, Yeah, yeah, it's the best, man. I love it. It's it's outstanding. It's uh, can cannot wait for this weekend. I freaking love golf betting. It started at midnight. Yeah good, Yeah, it's uh, it's awesome, man it And like I got a text this morning when I got up at like four thirty, Gorg is up and he's been up. I want I wonder if he's listening, but I bet he's been up since like three o'clock. Good He and power trip bets are the best because they get.
Speaker 1: Up and watch this.
Speaker 3: There was a few years ago where I would get up. I think I got up one time at like two thirty because my guy t Off and I came up here at like three fifteen and sat there till you got.
Speaker 1: There and watched it on the TV behind us.
Speaker 3: Because like the best part about this is you don't.
Speaker 1: Have to find what channel it's or you don't have to.
Speaker 3: It's not like on a streaming service, because this is the coverage that would normally start at one in the afternoon at a normal major in the USA. Correct, But since it's you know, one in the afternoon there, the coverage of it on regular TV starts at four in the morning.
Speaker 2: Scheffler just moved to minus four, so he is your leader all by himself minus horrible. He's minus four through six. We might be in trouble. And then there's a group of I think six guys Thomas Detree, Robert McIntyre, Daniel Brown, Sung JM, Alex Smalley, and Rosie's guy, Nick Taylor.
Speaker 1: They're all at minus three. Wait he picked Nick Taylor.
Speaker 2: No, but it was gonna. Oh man, look at that. That was a bomb from Scheffler. We might be in trouble. Is that like a thirty footer? Ohttle more, maybe even more drilled it. We might be in big, big trouble.
Speaker 1: Oh the guy misses one Cutney's pissed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's pissed. Yeah. Yeah, this might get a little ugly. But if Scotty wins, then it doesn't matter because we got to cheer for hold ones. Yeah, you got to cheer for hold ones.
Speaker 1: Correct. Yeah, good morning, Zachary. How are you?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, my login isn't working and now I'm locked out, so no stream. I might well, yeah, I got it. I got that up. But yeah, I might be fired. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's really weird. It's not I really oh.
Speaker 2: Man, Chris only needs two wishes. Tommy's gonna be here today, correct?
Speaker 1: I sure hope.
Speaker 2: So I think Tommy's on his way in liber is coming later. Lieber's Initials Invitational matches Monday, right around the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tommy's Lovers is tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh Lamber, Yeah, yep, And tomorrow we hit one and twenty thousand dollars in the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials jackpot one and twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: There's been a lot of really fun Initials moments that that game has made for a lot of great moments. Uh And some would say, I'm gonna make this about me, but I'm not. My favorite Initials moment of all time was when we played years ago at in Las Vegas and Dov played to your chagrin and the only person cheering for Dov was Tommy and Tommy was like zero point seventy five, and it was that was a great moment.
Speaker 1: He was the only one cheering for Correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Did Dov not win the Thursday match that Carl won the jackpot on?
Speaker 1: Without your correct? I think Dov won that Thursday did he know? I think you're correct? Yeah? Yeah, I think yeah.
Speaker 2: That sounds right to me because we had a somewhat of an idiot playing game. I mean Dov was involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was.
Speaker 2: Whoever wins on Thursday gets to play with the big boys on Friday.
Speaker 1: And why do I feel like Dov won that? I think he did? I think he did? Oh my god, any I.
Speaker 3: Remember when we were celebrating him, not him, He was talking a lot shocking. Was that before after you were hitting on Dirty Dale? That was a different year. Oh that was that was your favorite.
Speaker 1: They all blend, Zach, They all blend together.
Speaker 3: That was an old time moment, Zach. I love that moment. That was very under the influence. Yea, when are you not under the influence in Las Vegas? You're Zach Dade would shut he to the thing. What that city would be like solar m I'll totally get Abbot's distaste for it because he's never under the influence.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm almost always sober in Las Vegas, and it's my favorite city in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how mad at you? How mad at you? Zach? Last week? How mad at King Kong? Were you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: You hate? That was terrible? Is that hates? It?
Speaker 3: Is that the one where you can like over pay for a bonus? Is that like the monster I would have? Well I did over for no bonus? Yeah, it was that machine sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't get it. Plus, like the whole time, it's just he's angry. It's not really I don't know why people like it if it's apparently popular, but I don't. There's a lot better machines out there. But I will say I I've got a problem because I am now watching four hours on end on YouTube people playing slot machines. Oh yeah, studying the film what is going on? Seeing what the right things to do are, what the wrong things to do are?
Speaker 1: Tim Nelson is so proud of you.
Speaker 3: Oh man, And well, I haven't watched those videos, Tim Nelson slot machine videos.
Speaker 1: That's a whole different. Doesn't help to dry hump the machine.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, we would get to a machine and he'd be like, hey, I know what we need, and then John would like, look at the rules, and Tim would be like, what the hell are you doing? Don't look at the rules, and then we'd play, and it was Tim always knows what we're looking for in every bonus. Well, the biggest problem with like the slot machines nowadays is, uh, the every one of them now has this thing where like it it builds up a pot on the top part of the screen, which means nothing, which means absolutely nothing. But when you are again under the influence, there's nothing you can do with your head to convince yourself that that has nothing, that that this isn't about to burst, that this I mean, it literally can burst at any time. There's no effect at all, and they know they know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Man, they are addicting as all hell.
Speaker 3: Yes they are, and they it's And I also you mentioned Corey out there where they've pretty much got any of the you know, themed slots with auge ones, right, were essentially gone.
Speaker 1: No, we have like still there. But like back in the day, it seemed like every you know there was Adams Family and.
Speaker 2: Walk and Walk, and now you walk around casinos in ninety nine percent of them are just generic. They didn't get rid of my train machine. No, but that's just a train machine. That's not a license bit where it's like a TV show or a movie.
Speaker 1: Right. They used to have the Austin Powers one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm sure they exist somewhere, but most of those are just gone.
Speaker 3: OLLI parton the Simpsons machine, I've only ever seen at the Mirage that one is, I think, but I mean maybe it's slot so fun, which I'm not going, but yeah, maybe they'll have them at Circle when we go in November. I mean, they've got the best buffalo machine, oh, that I've ever seen. They also there's this other machine too that so I do like to. I call it Slot Heroin just because it is the most addicting game of at all of this. It's called the cash Machine at ten five hundred dollars cash Machine, and it's what you see is what you get.
Speaker 1: And there's actually a version I found.
Speaker 3: Out that is it's got three different levels of it. So it it is again on stere it's even more and you basically press a button and whatever you see, whatever the amount you see on there is what you get.
Speaker 1: And you don't get a.
Speaker 3: Lot of those high level spins, but it can hit and it can have the three x six x and even nine X and more. And I guess my point is it's they're getting good. I mean they've already been good, but they're getting even better out there.
Speaker 2: Man. It is because these licensed games have fallen away, and it's like, all right, there's the train game, there's Buffalo, there's that cash machine, there's.
Speaker 1: Kong, and then all of a sudden you'd be like, mad about you? What wants slot machine? You're mad about you? There's just one off the top. You're like, what crazy rich eases? What that is?
Speaker 3: One that isn't actually on that machine? I'm surprised. Is there a vander pump on. There has to be, I would guess, but the the the crazy rich Asians.
Speaker 1: One is a fun slot machine.
Speaker 3: Is the random bonuses are cool and every once in a while I get one that's really good.
Speaker 2: I like that machine, Hey, saw, is this is next level of degenerate gambling go on? But obviously no, don't inject it into my blood. And I don't even play slots, And I still like that sound makes me feel like I'm home. Obviously, I got very, very lucky a couple of weeks ago when my two guys were Wyndham Clark and Sam Burns, and those were the two that had a chance on Sunday, right, that was a good sweat My two guys this year or this tournament, Hatton and Marikawa. And I just realized right now, because Hatten's minus two and Marikowa teas off later, how much I love that I have two horses on both ends of today. So moving forward, I need to have one in the morning group and one in the afternoon group.
Speaker 1: You know what, understand? Yeah, that's even better.
Speaker 2: I did that on accident, and I already love it that I can sweat one in the morning, sweat one in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: You know why I picked Justin Thomas go on because he teas off tomorrow at eight fifty four, meaning I can get home settled into my basement at about eight or about nine to thirty. After you can soole Dobb and his loss. Yeah, after I can, well, yeah, John, that's gonna win. But uh after I well, no, I don't. Who cares about Dob. I gotta go, and uh I'll be able to watch probably sixteen of his eighteen holes. It'll be great, man. Yeah, it's uh major golf is the best. It's the best, man, There's nothing better. I absolutely love it. But it might not matter because Scottie Scheffer's four under through six.
Speaker 1: Holes, which is a real greasy score.
Speaker 2: I was talking to my neighbor about it, you know, Scooter and Filatio live right across the street, and I was talking to Scooter about it, and he made the point, It's like it's I wonder if the more I learned about golf, if I.
Speaker 1: Would actually be worse at golf betting.
Speaker 2: And I know that's counterintuitive, but his argument was, it's almost like statistic proof because it is just the mental game. Part of it is such a huge part of it that it's hard to say, well, this guy's the best putter, this guy's the best, you know, up and down heerr, So it's kind of a chorus fits this guy, this kind of a course fits that guy. It's like, well, yeah, but you don't know until the morning of if the guy's lives in his mind. Man, and the mental game of golf is such a huge deal.
Speaker 1: I mean even like the mental game of it.
Speaker 3: Yesterday when I was texting with our guy gorg And, I said, there's got to be a website that is that has and I'm sure kel she does or something does where you can bet that Bryson isn't going to make the cut, of course, because he's you know, he's missed the first three. Well, Gorgy then texts me and says, well, here's the thing that a lot of you know. He's like, here's the thing though, he's playing with Scheffler, which is going to up his It's the it's like you said, it's the ins and out of it where you're like, you can't look down with Scheffler, a guy who dominates the PGA, you're in the live he's gotten I think Nick Faldo called out Bryson this week about how bad he's been playing, because Nick, of course is attached to live.
Speaker 1: He's already missed a couple of shorts. He missed one on but he should be like three or four under right now. He missed one on three that was like six feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but uh, that's it's it's it's his popeye arms that kind of hold him against that.
Speaker 1: But if he gets touched to man, he's good.
Speaker 2: Zach's devastated because Hoveland is Bogey.
Speaker 3: What about Bryson, I don't know what he was doing. No, yes, no, yeah, of course, all right, So Scheffler's your leader at minus four. D Tree is the first one in the clubhouse. He finishes the day at minus three. But that's a group of one, two, three, four guys at minus three. That's the guy Rosie wanted, right, he wanted to d Tree, McIntyre m and smally because he.
Speaker 2: Couldn't take Scheffler. Yeah, well, good for Rosa. What the hell's Tommy? I'll tell you what Tommy's not doing, going to gutter helmet and gutter helmet MND.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't he do that?
Speaker 3: Well, because he's probably in his card and shouldn't be texting and driving, well said, Well, he would be the worst thing.
Speaker 1: He's well said in this car, will drive.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: When he gets somewhere safe, he's going to go to gutterhelmet mn dot com because he doesn't want to waste a weekend cleaning out his gutters. Gutter helmet a m N dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, Sauce, can I ask you this is this is a sauce esque question. Yeah, I like, normally I would bury you for this. Sure, I'm gonna ask it. Look outside right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is that a combination smoke and fog? What is that? Smike? Is that? What is this?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 1: This is what I'm looking at? Is it's what? That's the boundary waters? What did you just say?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: B waka but bw c it's been a common thing.
Speaker 2: I have never heard somebody say bwaka. Yeah I've lived here forty six years. You're the first one I ever hear say bolwoka.
Speaker 1: So unbelievable. That's wildfire smock folks. Wow, that's greasy.
Speaker 2: That's from the bwoka thewoka woka.
Speaker 1: Jesus, all right, dude, that's aggressive.
Speaker 2: Man. Uh, Tommy should be here shortly, Ben Lieber later, this is the power Trim Morning Joe on the Fan.
Speaker 1: Every now and then you find a deal that actually feels like a win. With straight Talk Wireless, you get more and pay less. Now that's a good deal.
Speaker 3: No com.
Speaker 1: You know, it's weird. It's like if.
Speaker 2: I don't know, if Marnie's five minutes late, it's like, gosh, she's probably locked out. It's like Cresol's five minutes late, which he like never is it like hell, he'll he'll be here right whenever. Tommy's like five minutes late, and we always talk about what he does behind the wheel.
Speaker 1: Of a car.
Speaker 2: I was like, should we be concerned that this is the morning he crashed? No, because he would get pretzeled. Yeah, based on the orientation of his body most drive in drives in, it would be it would be an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 3: Show that X ray to everybody. Yeah, they'd find him in the splits. Oh man, that would be a mess. That'd be for the coffee table book. Oh up, for who dahmer. I just assumed that there's some like surgeons that have like just a history of their worst X ray stalk in one little book.
Speaker 1: Oh so speaking of us serial killers.
Speaker 2: There was a serial killer category on Jeopardy yesterday.
Speaker 1: You would have done well.
Speaker 2: Really, I only half paid attention, so I only caught like two of them.
Speaker 1: But one of them was like so and so and so and so.
Speaker 2: Was executed in Florida in nineteen eighty nine, of course, and then it was.
Speaker 3: H H H.
Speaker 2: Holmes had a murder castle in this city, Chicago exactly. So I see, you would have done well. I don't remember the rest of the questions, but he would have done well.
Speaker 1: And there he is.
Speaker 2: Oh my, all right, he survived getting prezzled. We were starting to get concerned, right, we know, we know how you drive. We just wanted to make sure you made it here safely.
Speaker 1: You guys, do me stop just saying it on air. I believe I believe you said it first, did you not. I think that was an off air one. Oh I don't remember. I'm never in that room, so I always forget. It doesn't matter. Well, we're good. How's how's Victor doing good? He's just bogie, but yeah, I think he's one under. Not trying to sound like Rose or anybody.
Speaker 4: That's why you want to yesterday, because I panicked you want to hoblin.
Speaker 1: He just said a name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, s good morning Max.
Speaker 1: There's Max too.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, stuck downstairs for the last twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: You're laughing because he's stuck. You've seen too many videos. I didn't have my key card. I left it at the crib. Don't try to ask for help. Put up the zach signal.
Speaker 5: But yeah, right there, right in front of you, literally right in front of your face.
Speaker 1: I looked at it.
Speaker 3: I Max, he can wait downstairs. All God, dog, wow, Tommy, how are you great?
Speaker 4: I went out in River Falls last weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I did that go.
Speaker 4: Honestly one of the most fun times I've had in the last year.
Speaker 2: Did you party at all there when you were in college? I know never, but Sess did. Sess did.
Speaker 1: So it was like going back to like live the glory days.
Speaker 2: Vibe is ground zero still there of core spent twenty plus years from me in there. Yeah, my buddy John went to River Falls. Yeah, and Eric.
Speaker 1: I actually have a.
Speaker 4: Video on my phone of me trying to go open the door, like and it's locked. It's apparently, yeah, still dead, but the sign's still up, still there, still there. Yeah, But like they have good great bars, and I think you can smoke inside because I was so.
Speaker 1: That's solid reasoning.
Speaker 2: I was, okay, this is oh yes, my buddy Holang.
Speaker 4: We were joking about longards all week and then he just shows up with some American spirits they're healthy for you, throws them in, and then we were we're convinced there's not a cooler accessory that like if you're like, let's say I'm a six, like a guy brings you up, It brings.
Speaker 1: You up two points out of this sick. I mean it does kind of look cool. Yeah, it looks cool. How was the How was the dude sitch? Dude shitch that? It was great? Like honestly, every bar had live music. It was super fun. It was super fun on a country or not honestly, more falls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so like during the like we started out at five, but then by like nighttime, the closing bands, it was all like blink and like great cover.
Speaker 1: Songs that you just want to just dance to.
Speaker 4: And then was up till like three, woke up, get home, laying in bed and Uber eats, right, of course you do, and you guys, you know when you get there now and like the Uber eats driver has to take a picture of like of.
Speaker 1: The bag, right, the food of your stuff. But like this time it was me holding in the McDonald's bag.
Speaker 4: It is my most embarrassing picture I've ever taken in I'll tweet it out.
Speaker 1: I'm talking.
Speaker 6: I look five hundred pounds and I'm holding like the mc get Yeah, I'm confused, why do you end up with the So they just send the picture on Uber eats to prove that they dropped it off, like that's what they do.
Speaker 4: But I was already holding it because my fat ass was waiting for.
Speaker 1: The Uber eats. What did you order? Oh?
Speaker 4: This one was actually for sess So yeah, I'm trying to just do one big meal on Sundays if I am going to do it.
Speaker 1: So I was starving myself and I'm just standing there, looks still drunk. It was horrible.
Speaker 4: This is a bad picture and I'm like in my pajamas, just terrible.
Speaker 1: Now I'm forgetting the bit now.
Speaker 2: But a handful of days ago, somebody was posting some kind of an.
Speaker 1: Epic fast food order and it was like it was the big show, and I got tweeted, yeah, because you take a lot.
Speaker 2: Because it was something like, hey, this is the Big Show's order. Which one of your friends would you nominate to do this? And basically every Power To listener was like, this has got this has got Tommy Olsen written all over, like Tommy crushed this.
Speaker 1: I think we could find it and see.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because fun and sorry for blowing you guys up on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Oh that was funny. You obviously were excited about the racket reveal. Yeah, it's gonna be a great bracket. You like your draw? Uh, okay, our draw.
Speaker 4: It's just going to be good, good people together, Like I really liked the me Julia Hawk, Hawk Lawyer, Lambert Layer Lambert.
Speaker 1: Uh. And that's right, that's just good. That's just good conversation, right, very good people.
Speaker 2: That's a tough matchup too, very all of them can win, all five of you can win. And your dad has won in the past, right, Like, yeah, your dad's done well.
Speaker 1: She's very good. Yeah, that's why she's the twelve seed. What sixteen? Of course? I mean I got I got pretty and that I was strutting around my office after that. Sixteen is a good good seat, Okay, I got it right here.
Speaker 4: Two big Max twenty McNuggets three sets of fries and drink.
Speaker 1: Say it again?
Speaker 4: Two Big Max yep, yeah, twenty McNuggets, three large FRIESE a drink. So let's just call it a die coke, a milkshake, and an apple pie. I mean that's very similar to my old order.
Speaker 1: That's not too bad. Could you do it? Yeah? I don't even know what the.
Speaker 4: Challenge would be, because in truth, truthfully, you could do two Big Max.
Speaker 1: I probably could. Yeah, in the right setting. Yeah, in the right setting. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, twenty McNuggets. That's like that's tough, you think, so?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you d of them one two at a time, all right, hay one, I got two Big Max.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm doing a calorie counter here. Yeah, oh yeah, you got it. You're normally doing two at a time. Then they're both named Max and it takes way too long to do this.
Speaker 2: It's almost like they are discouraging you from adding these all up together.
Speaker 1: Yeah for the calorie count, yeah, hang out.
Speaker 2: That I'm doing it is you have to just do like six scroll down things here, all right, three large fries, two Big Max. You said a twenty piece nugget, right.
Speaker 4: Yep, two Big Max train McNugget, three sets of fries, A drink, so let's just call it die coke a milkshake.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have the big Max, I have the fries, I have the nuggets. Uh, we're gonna go with a large shake, yeah, and then an apple pie large shake yep.
Speaker 1: Add that the apple pie is a leap. Yeah. Let that sucker cool down for about five minutes whole.
Speaker 2: Right, three large fries, a twenty piece nugget of a large vanilla shake, and a fried apple pie. Right, because we're gonna gonna give them credit for a guy?
Speaker 1: Can we can we guess?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna say this. It's a little less than I would have guessed. It's not nearly as bad as I would have thought. Four thousand, twenty six hundred thirty one hundred, like forty five hundred, damn max. Forty four to thirty I would have guessed like in this six range.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. But uh, forty four to thirty MAX almost hailed it. That's not that bad. I would have guessed way more.
Speaker 2: One hundred and thirty six grams of protein, five hundred and two grams of carbs, two hundred and fourteen grams of total fat.
Speaker 4: Yes, if you get a good workout in that day, you show.
Speaker 3: You should follow the guy Tammy that his bit online is he eats power lifters cheap meal.
Speaker 1: That's probably obsd and it's absurd.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, two big max the alle all of whatever the crumble cookies are for the day.
Speaker 4: That's insane that that that center is too much.
Speaker 1: It's insane. Two cookies put you down. Yeah, twelve you guys that McDonald's owner is not too bad. Like, truthfully, you could do it. Yeah, I think it's easily.
Speaker 2: If we go large diet or large coke consiader of diet coke, then it puts you at forty eight hundred.
Speaker 4: It's not a diet and that yeah, that's a lot. Yeah, the drink, the fries are nothing.
Speaker 1: I truly think that's a joke.
Speaker 4: I think I could go more after that.
Speaker 1: I'm convinced you could do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could do forty four one hundred calories for you is nothing.
Speaker 4: Ye, Yeah, a taco bell order was pretty weak.
Speaker 1: Is the big show? It's just twenty talks like that's just a big deal.
Speaker 2: Front Page Sports after this, Tommy Olsen is here Ben Lieber Later, it's the Power to morning show on the Fan.
Speaker 7: Fan from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Saint Paul Colly.
Speaker 3: Time Now for front paid Sports, presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 2: Holiday Station Stores, you can get red Bull three for six fifty for a limited time. Go wake up with some red Bull at Holiday. Holiday is the best. Tommy Olsen stops her all the time.
Speaker 1: You love it, Tommy, I really do, I really really do. You've been the one in all America. Yeah? Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah, it's elked. Kind of a cool idea. It's a great idea.
Speaker 4: I just wish I wish someone would listen to me at the mall. I have such a brilliant idea for them about holiday or just about the mall in general. What is it you need to head?
Speaker 8: Do you know?
Speaker 1: There's kiaks everywhere? There's what that's hard work to say? I know you're.
Speaker 4: Continuing, Yeah, but like like just like how in Vegas right like you can go to ABC store and grab a big old truly or a pounder of a you know, Mick Ultra.
Speaker 1: Why don't we do that at all? Well, I'm sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna I don't know if we're going to get to the whole walk in sodis era a way, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think wants it. We should. I think we have some steam. It would help you.
Speaker 4: Buy more, oh, help you shopping. And then we've done it in Walker, Minnesota. We've done it in an Nooka, Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Wait is it allowed or do you guys just really want a bunch of drunken idiots walking around?
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna take the bodies at this point, Like, let's just have people.
Speaker 1: I think he's not wrong.
Speaker 4: Or maybe like after five o'clock on the third and fourth floor you need to show you that's that's the kickers.
Speaker 2: Maybe you just say walking sody's allowed on the fourth floor and only the fourth floor. Yeah, and if you don't want to be involved, you stay on one through three.
Speaker 1: It's perfect. I think we're on the solid compromise. Yeah, could you mentioned that and then you just do like walking happy hour. I mean there's a lot of bits there. I mean you've had worse ideas. That's not bad, man, it's not bad at all. No, it's actually a really good ida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, heartbreak for the English. They had a one nothing lead late, but Argentina scored a couple of goals in about six minutes and change to steal the heart of the entire UK, essentially England. Still looking for their first World Cup title since nineteen sixty six, Argentina wins two to one. They move on to their seventh World Cup final. They're looking for their fourth title and trying to become just the third back to back champ. Ever, I didn't know that. I didn't know it was that rare to go back to back. I guess Italy did it in thirty four and thirty five and then Brazil did it in fifty eight and sixty two. Otherwise, I guess back to back extremely rare.
Speaker 4: It's been going on that long.
Speaker 1: Did you say it's thirty four and thirty five? Did they used to pull in thirty eight?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I thought you said thirty I was like, did they used to play it every.
Speaker 2: Other I might have sad thirty five, but I meant, yeah, thirty four and thirty eight are maybe they played it like every year.
Speaker 1: Of the years they did it. Did USA play back then? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because I think they got third thirty right, he's now what we learned the first year in.
Speaker 1: Him, why normally the Gophers run the football. I was speaking of that era. Those are the good, the Gopher era. Yeah. Yeah, you went back to back to back chances. Max. I know you've been all over the World Cup. Did you watch that game yesterday?
Speaker 5: It was electric? Oh my god, believe it was so much fun. It was for It was a ww match. The first half of it. They were really scrapping that they hate each other. Even though it's Messi's first time playing against England. I'm thinking throughout his whole career, England and Argentina fans just absolutely despise each other. And but that that game was electric. Man, Even though England was up the whole time, you just knew when it gets that eightieth minute. They did the same exact thing against Egypt. They were down two, rip come back, and just that that Messy magic Man, even when he's not scoring, he's out there diaming it up.
Speaker 2: It was I don't know if these are the correct terms, but that that crosser, yeah, set up the header.
Speaker 1: It was a perfect game. Perfect. It was on the dude's head and the the English guy that jumped to try to head it out of there, miss it by what a half an inch?
Speaker 2: Literally, like if he's a half an inch taller, he can he can get that out of there. But instead it goes just over the top of his hair and the Argentinian guy.
Speaker 1: Just bangs it in there.
Speaker 4: That's so cool, Like you grew up. It was awesome, grew up saying like we're in the World Cup. Go to the ship like that's it. Man, God, that's cool.
Speaker 1: I'm in. It's been awesome. It's been so much fun. You're to watch it on Sunday unless you know this years. I'm gonna watch it if if it will apartment over yeah, by too. Oh it'll be close. Yeah, oh yeah, it'll be over Okay.
Speaker 3: Because I would guess the last guys would go off at nine thirty am, maybe ten. I mean that's four o'clock over there.
Speaker 1: Okay, so.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: And I can watch both. And you've got a computer, you can watch sick brag. I do we do have one?
Speaker 2: Yea when you're not never mind, so Zach, you broke this late yesterday, right at the end of the show. But Steve Eiserman stepped down as wings GM after seven seasons. He is transitioning to senior advisor, something apparently the Red Wings fans have called the iSER plan didn't work that sense, So Dylan Larkin of course has requested a trade. So far he is still on the Detroit Red Wings. The Minnesota Wild fan base watching that closely. A lot of speculation yesterday that this has a lot to do with it, that maybe Iiserman doesn't want to trade Dylan Larkin, but everybody else is like, we got to do something.
Speaker 1: He wants out of here.
Speaker 2: Who knows if that's true or not, But the Dylan Larkin situation gets murkier and stranger and weirder as we wait for Quinn he used to be signed, and we wait for Larkin and maybe arrive in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was nice having Gorgian yesterday to provide the more optimistic outlook on it. I know there's a lot of people who are now wondering, you know, basically we have to start all over, which is is the truth? Like every all the negotiations, I imagine that they have to go back to the square one.
Speaker 1: And then of course there's the concern that Dylan, who.
Speaker 3: Has wanted out of there now now might go Well, maybe I like the direction of the team with whoever they do replace Iierman with. So uh it just adds a whole new, I guess chapter to this this saga here and certainly does not helped Minnesota at all, because uh oh, maybe it will and the end of the day, if if it go, if ends up coming here, it will help. But overall it delays the process even further. And we have obviously been waiting with baited Bread to see if he's coming here, and we still I think we're now further away than ever to know that answer, whether it is a yes or no.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Tennis Tennis was the exact opposite. It's basically like what you've said, Zacho, that they're going to have to start over. The new g M was gonna come in and just trade away their best player, right and maybe And this question was asked yesterday on Common Zach, and I wondered if maybe you know the answer me.
Speaker 1: You said this, but I've been kind of watching golf. Great, they it's gonna hammer you.
Speaker 3: Well, that's all right, what a rosy and common du it too o'clock argue when they're not arguing watch golf.
Speaker 1: Haven'ts on up yet? What was my question. You were talking about what.
Speaker 2: Tennis said on his iman lost his job because he wouldn't trade Larson Larkin or Larkin Like, do you think he's out because l timing it like it's me your order.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the timing definitely would would indicate there's there's something maybe some truth to that, because yeah, it's the I mean, it shocked everybody. There was absolutely no steam on this whatsoever. It's you know, the draft was was a few weeks ago already. Why would you you know, go through the draft, go through all that and then decide, Okay, now is the time that you know, make these moves. So you know, it could be a last ditch effort perhaps to save lark In.
Speaker 1: It could be you know, I could yeah, we mentioned I mean, it could be anything at this point. But I will say the the timing.
Speaker 3: Of it is about as wild as you could possibly think. And you know, I don't know, I guess if we don't know if it's good news or bad news for the wild.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's good news.
Speaker 3: Maybe the new guy comes in and it's like I want to wash my hands with us as quick as possible, get rid of them, and and and start over, and this would maybe point to that direction, but also it could also point to the ownership going we don't want to rebuild, we don't want to start over. We want to keep our franchise player here in Detroit. Maybe this is a way to do it. So we'll find out.
Speaker 1: Well saw us in Detroit. The fans. We're calling it the iSER Plan. Yeah, sit of Ierman. Yeah, we have Bill Ghering. Yeah, what's our plan going to be called? The Ohl?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Illy Billy? I plan? I plan Jesus one, there's one right there for you. Guarantee that I mean, that's sorry. I'm not smart like Illy plan. Hey, you asked, you didn't expect goal? What was yours? I was gonna say the guarantee, it's the guarantee. Yeah, I let you down. Max. It's okay, SA say. I like the Alien plan. Thank you. If there's anybody that's going to back the plans the other day, I get a sometimes I feel it, bro, Yeah, thank you. I'm not smart? What an idiot? That's the podcast.
Speaker 2: What really matters is after this more scores, more stats will give you a open leaderboard update after this Power.
Speaker 1: To Morning Show on the fan our iHeartRadio Music Festival by Capitol One. Who's coming back to the Lost Figures?
Speaker 4: September eighteenth and nineteen a Team Obil Arena streaming live London.
Speaker 1: Scotty Scheffler left that put about inch short.
Speaker 2: Otherwise he would have been back to minus four, joining me John Daniel Brown and Sung JM.
Speaker 1: Those two guys are at minus four. Rosies, guys, yes, are we already rooting for Scotty as that were? No, But it's a good insurance plant exactly. I like in the Power Trip golf, but I like when Scheffler is lurking just.
Speaker 2: In case my guy t's off and then bombs out of the tournament. So this is perfect one shot back. He's playing really well, he's right in the mix. He's lingering three under through what nine?
Speaker 4: Oh good news?
Speaker 1: Space plus two. Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: It's time for what really matters scores and stats around the world of sports and sauce will change your life with something else. And it's brought to you by Ovo, Lasik and Lenz The Legends of Lasik, doctor Marklebanoff and doctor David White and go get Lasik. The great people at Ovo Lasik and Lenz. Right off, the three ninety four. Thanks, oh, thank.
Speaker 1: You, thanks Ovo.
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Lynks won yet again ninety six eighty seven over the Sparks, McBride twenty four, Olivia Miles eighteen. The Links now nineteen and six, and they have the Portland fire at Target Center. I forget what day that is. I didn't write it down. That's next thought. Maybe a day or two from now. They had Portland next Saturday, doing it's still Saturday, all right, so a couple of days away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know we were tied with Vegas a couple of days ago. I think this puts us back in front.
Speaker 2: But I didn't check in the last twenty four average the championship before NFL, we.
Speaker 1: Still got a lot. Yeah. End of the summer, I think, yeah, play well. The last regular season game I think is the end of September. All right, so don't we don't We have something like twenty plus games to go, isn't it? Yeah? That sounds right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They expanded the season expanded this season. Okay, yeah, see we're learning. Yeah, and now we're really going to learn because what really matters is this.
Speaker 8: The Open Championship, golf's oldest major, began in eighteen sixty at Prestwick Golf Club with how many players.
Speaker 1: I think we said a day or two ago. It's what one fifty four.
Speaker 2: Now right, the top top essentially one hundred and fifty four players in the world, give or take.
Speaker 9: Let's go, let's say twelve, thirty two, Zecho fifteen Mexo, I'll say twenty.
Speaker 3: It began with just eight players, two foursomes. Yeah yeah, perfect amount. Yeah, move on, go home.
Speaker 5: I just love the idea of that's how Tommy does mathys.
Speaker 4: God, that would be I can't we can't adver this on it here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just so distracted. Those eight dudes. Yep, all rosies guys. Oh really yeah? He thought all of them were gonna win.
Speaker 3: Oh man, yeah he he Remember though he really likes Fitzpatrick.
Speaker 1: He really does.
Speaker 2: Running back Alvin Kamara has reworked his contracts. He's staying with the Saints. I wasn't sure he was going to, even though he's been there forever. But remember in March, New Orleans signed Travis atn even though now he says he pronounces his name differently.
Speaker 1: Isn't he one of those guys that has.
Speaker 2: Told us finally after like a decade that we've all been saying his name wrong. Yeah, I think too late, buddy. Either way, et inside a giant deal there.
Speaker 1: To go home. So but Kamara is staying there with a reworked contract. He turns thirty one.
Speaker 2: In like a week and a half. He is over the age of expiration for most running backs. He was the Delvin Cook draft damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But what really matters is this Salvin was great. He was so good touchdowns against Christmas Day. I think, yeah, we couldn't tackle him, remember, Yeah, and buttole eyes like running up the score on us. But whatever, course of fantasy. I hate Buttle and your mount rushmore of like people you hate.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean it's about forty No, give me your Mount rushmore though, of sports hate. That's a good question.
Speaker 1: Hop, four guys sports you can't stand. We try to guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, butthole eyes on the bottle eyes, one of the both the KELSI, both the Kelsey brothers, both the Manning brothers, and both the Manning brothers.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just say Manning brothers. So that's three.
Speaker 2: Well, you do you hate rock pretty or just hate brock pretty the bit because you don't hate him as a guy.
Speaker 3: Right, he seems like the nicest guy guy. Yeah, did you ESPN didn'tut him in their top ten?
Speaker 2: A lot of I think, I mean that's a I mean, I think that's about where he should be in that like tennish range.
Speaker 3: They've loaded up a team for him this year. Man, they should be really good. They they got to stay they got to stay healthy. They have to stay healthy. Brady, Yeah, Brady's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who are we forgetting? You do hate so many people, most of humanity. I like all of you. That's true. There's got to be another obvious one. Sean Payton for sure. I don't want to say, let's go through the sports quickly. Hang on, what are we forgetting?
Speaker 4: I know who it is and I'm not going to say it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah it's another coach. I got you. No, I don't hate him. It's not him. No, no, no, no, no no. Who else are we forgetting to hate him? Word?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's done a lot for the team. He's good for I got one. He's a good guy. Great, Yeah, I don't hate him?
Speaker 1: Well said?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, say zachos on it. As a group, we're gonna put the pole ads in the top for Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: For sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: But I think if you asked any regular Minnesota sports fan, the first name they.
Speaker 1: Would say is the pole Ads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they don't do anything for us zero the worst owners and that's worse actively yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The only reason people go is because that ballpark is sweet sick. It's sweet on a nice summer afternoon.
Speaker 4: It's twelve ten Thursday, first pitch and then you're done by two.
Speaker 1: I mean you can still go back to work. I mean I don't, but like, great, you probably shouldn't go right to the loon. Yeah, hell yeah, you turn the loon or the saloon? Yeah, well sets and I have to go to a set of the nineties afterwards. Hey, and I have a really got idea.
Speaker 2: I got a done idea quickly because you guys were just saying that the that they were the worst owners in sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last night was the SB Sure. By the way, how dumb am I?
Speaker 2: I don't know if anybody else caught this, but I just assume Parker was going to Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Sames were in New York. It was nine am where he was. Why couldn't he join us? Was everything? Okay? But anyway, so the pas were last night.
Speaker 3: Former former coworker here Sam tweeting is correct, Big dom put big Doll, Big.
Speaker 1: Sucks. I hate that guy. Kind of like the game. Instead of the actual sbs, Let's do the.
Speaker 2: Small, brilliant k festpies, the cafesspies. Okay, I give you a category. You tell me who in Minnesota sports would win this award? Minnesota only though, Minnesota only Best breakthrough athlete last.
Speaker 1: Night went Yeah, a good call to be up there, stopped. I think it almost has to be.
Speaker 4: He won seven games as aunt already broken through.
Speaker 2: He's gotta be somebody that's nominated.
Speaker 1: I think I think we're all going with Olivia there.
Speaker 3: We should do this on like an official basis, like call it the Fannies or something like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, enough of your group chat. The best college athlete Men's sports. I mean Dusty mind Drake had a good.
Speaker 1: Year, uh.
Speaker 4: Darius if he stays healthy?
Speaker 1: Man's How good was Tyson? Yeah? Kay? Tyson was really good this year, had a big year. What the hockey guy go for? Hockey player? Sorry if you said it.
Speaker 2: Who's the alignment that they have that will be a great Johnson defensive Anthony Smith is outstanding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Cooy probably have been nominated to Man Best college Athlete Women's Sports.
Speaker 1: Mhm. And we got good volleyball players. I know that the golfers. Women's basketball team is pretty Yeah, isn't the hockey team good? Just say all of them, they're all good. Let's say it. Say thank you to all the police officers and all the firemen.
Speaker 4: I think someone in track and field won the whole thing too.
Speaker 2: Best Athlete Men's Sports. I meant, yeah, pro, let's just go pro. Yeah, yeah, well Quinn or Quinn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Quinn probably had a better year than Ants.
Speaker 1: You're throwing the USA.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and IS's the best and his top best athlete this this city's ever had. He's the best athlete they've ever had. He's a top five to two way player. And then Moss I'm taking.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, and Ants, Randy?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Randy good? I think right now, Randy.
Speaker 2: But when it's all sudden done, it'll be maybe when it's all said and done, But I mean, oh, and Randy wasn't very like.
Speaker 1: No one liked Brandy.
Speaker 3: I mean they like, like Rosie said the other day, it all depends on which Randy you got and now he's great.
Speaker 1: Randy's so good.
Speaker 3: On the ESPN, He's so good, so good, amazing his fishing podcast bit's great too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm taking Ant, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Who would you take Corlos? Oh, I have one, Steve Momberdozi great, Polly we forgot. Yeah, Jet's nominated for sure, hit a thousand yards with hideous quarterbacks going, no love for boxing at all?
Speaker 1: Is he not even in the conversation? He's had a monster Here I go. Buck, he's nominated, he's nominated. I don't know if he wins, but he's in the conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's I mean, are you taking Corilla or Hughes By Hughes probably the Hughes, Buck and Jet, and then who ever wins wins. I'm probably taking.
Speaker 2: In the best team went to the Knicks last night. I'm going to assume we're all going to say the Wild best team this year.
Speaker 1: It would really Yes, I don't know why the Wild.
Speaker 2: The Wild got just as far and had a much better regular season, have a better roster than the Timberwolves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say the Wild much better regular season.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, I mean about the even right best, one of their best in their franchranchise history.
Speaker 2: I go wild this year, go go of course, go over football. How about how about best owner?
Speaker 1: I mean it's no, it's it's got to be the Wolves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the worst is the best almost on a yearly basis. Yeah, up the pocket book?
Speaker 1: Good? All right, Hey, let me float one and you guys tell me what you think. What about Tom Pohlad? No, he's the worst owner in sports.
Speaker 3: He's not even invited. The family should be banned from owning. What if it was still he's even worse.
Speaker 1: I just had a great idea.
Speaker 3: They won a playoff series after not winning a playoff game for like twenty years, and the first thing those idiots do is cut the payroll.
Speaker 1: They are awful owners.
Speaker 3: They could have immediately done a little cap sunny Gray, maybe added a bat and taken advantage of a bad American League Central, and they didn't.
Speaker 1: Let's try this waffle non radio.
Speaker 2: This is TV best sports broadcaster in Minnesota, Julia Daniels.
Speaker 1: That's what hawkuld say. Yeah, man, if you was gonna guess a female, you are. They made a lot of big balls. Frank excuse me, big balls, Frankie d Sports. Do you watch the New do you watch the news. Does that count play by play people? Sure? Yeah, yeah, broadcaster not radio B p A, r B or provis Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And if we're counting Grady to Grady Man, he was doing prime. But for now he's so oh no. I don't think for long though, because he's going to be here.
Speaker 4: I love listening to the lever on the sideline truthfully.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, him and Peter for sure. And I got to give my guy Joe Donald and love Joe is great, guardsy on the sideline, guards guards guards play.
Speaker 2: By play even say, yeah, I sat next to Joe o'donald with the three eleven show on on Saturday and yourself. He gave kind of he gave you a lot of credit because I said, how awesome those those videos are of like, you know, the booth reaction to his calls, and he's like, that's that was all Halverson, And then he also said he's not convinced Tom Reid even knows those exacts. No, brilliant, he's funny man, H MANH Joe's nice.
Speaker 1: I got to meet his wife. He was cool, good good times USA.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Is he not in the initials thing? No, he'll be here next year again everywhere, a lot of controversy.
Speaker 2: For again, I'm not using this as an excuse. It's a pain in the ass to schedule forty five people. Some people got back to me in three minutes, Yeah, love them. Some people got back to me in three hours.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Some people got back to me in three days, which is not ideal, but that's fine. And then some people took weeks and I'm like, what are we doing here? So it wasted way more of my last four or five weeks than I wanted. And at the end, I just said, I don't care anymore. We need this to be Yeah, well I get back to you on Monday. I mean, honestly, I'm in Las Vegas for the Goddang World Series of Poker and I'm still waiting for like four people to give me their availability availability.
Speaker 1: Why is it hard? It shouldn't have been that hard. It's way too long, and I just nextopped caring.
Speaker 4: Next year, you should say, if you don't get back to me in three days, you're not playing.
Speaker 1: And Zach and I didn't you know, Look when did I get you the final list? Friday? Yeah? You do the graphics in like a day.
Speaker 2: Well, that's my point is like, so now Zach has to do all the graphics on the weekend because we needed the really either Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday. We had the golf bet on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It's like, let's just go. God, that sucks it. I did not want to worry about that when I was trying to win ten million dollars an epic Bacheler party and no one gets back to you. It's the worst. Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 2: It worked out and and Gavin's having a good time with it over text, because Gavin's like, look, I'm not gonna when I'm like, well, that's no offense, givet That's why I picked you.
Speaker 1: It's like I just begged you to the wolves. I needed a body, and that guy's to go.
Speaker 2: You know how fast he got back to me. He's like, yeah, I'm available on the fourteenth. I'm like, cool, you're in guys. He's back of the busiest people at the point, but got back to me almost immediately, and I respect the hell out of here.
Speaker 1: So cool, that's cool. He's a good dude. We're lucky to have you. Guys.
Speaker 4: Have another really good idea to tell you off there, and I think this one's like.
Speaker 1: Why does it have to be off here? Why can you tell us Tony?
Speaker 4: When I get back, I think this is when we could make money off Well then does really?
Speaker 1: That was brilliant? Really really for the Power Troop mornings who have it is on the fan.
Speaker 7: From the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Luther Brookdale Mazda.
Speaker 3: The Power Trips twenty fifth Anniversary Las Vegas Bash is on Join us November eighteenth to the twenty third at Circle Resort and Casino for live broadcasts, a huge anniversary party in purple football at stadium. Swim book with promo code Power Trip for an exclusive room rate. All the details at KFE dot com slash Vegas again the Power Trip, no space, just straight up Power Trip and you can stay at the d for a phenomenal price.
Speaker 1: And uh, it's still a pretty decent right over at Circa as well. So I hope you're going to be unbelievable enjoying us.
Speaker 4: I was with some people that actually already booked hell yeah on Monday, Alan Marissa, the guy who gave the leather jackets to Oh Yeah Hogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, So they already booked are ready to roll. Can be great. It's gonna be so much fun. Yeah, and I just love that we're doing it it at Circa. It's a whole new party. You love Circus swim.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Like it's literally it's it's it's a it's my It's a mount Rushmore thing of day drinking for me.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be the best I've never I've never gone out downtown Vegas. I've only been on on the strip.
Speaker 2: Well, but again, it's it's something this has never been done, going twenty five straight years, so we have to make a big deal about it.
Speaker 1: For the first to do it, I don't know what the bid is, and you've been doing it for like a year now. Pretty it's pretty easy to figure out.
Speaker 2: Let's do more of what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports, and in between sauce will change your life with something else. Let's start with the leaderboard update at the Open in the clubhouse after round one. Daniel Brown and Sung J M both at minus four. The guy that wrote Angels in the outfield.
Speaker 1: Sure no, uh? Dan Brown is a Da Vinci code back guy. H Thomas D. Tree minus three.
Speaker 2: Robert McIntyre minus three, Francesco Molinari minus three, Alex Smalley minus three, Scotti Scheffler minus three, Bryce And minus three, Nick Taylor minus three, and something called Ryan Girard minus three.
Speaker 1: So there's a whole bunch of people in a leader one back. Hey.
Speaker 3: By the way, yesterday on Common Show, when they asked Common who he thinks is gonna win it, he said Molinari and he's three yes, yes, And I thought it was like a bit.
Speaker 1: I thought maybe Mollinari like wasn't in it.
Speaker 3: He was trying to get Rosie going, or Rosie to p Mollinari. No, he said, Francesco Mollinari.
Speaker 4: You need him say that.
Speaker 3: He's commons. He's weirdly dialed into gold. Yeah, but then gamble on it, because here's why. Do you know what the odds probably were on Molinari to win epic?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, one hundred one, forty five hundred to one. Is that bad math? No more than that way, more than that, there's no way. He was forty five forty five thousand to one. Maybe is that bad math? That's terrible math. He was a long shot, a thousand to one bad math. Stop guessing. Yeah, definitely stop guessing.
Speaker 2: But let's say he was maybe one hundred and fifty to one, Yeah, better more than that, maybe two hundred one. I don't know, look it up, but it wasn't. But my point is is common is not a guy that likes to put serious money on anything, right, He's not. He's not a gambler. He's not a degenerate like the Power to a morning show. That's the kind of guy you put ten dollars on and win a ton.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, right, that's the.
Speaker 2: Kind of guy that makes us want sports betting to be legal because you can put I E. Or ten bucks on him and then you have a fun sweat for the weekend, and it's pretty cheap entertainment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially for ten bucks.
Speaker 4: He's the guy that, uh, that's too fussy to take, right, Yeah, he's the guy then the master.
Speaker 3: One of the masters. I don't remember which one it was, but he's the guy that my dad picked. And I think he absolutely collapsed on Amen Corner and Tiger What Absolutely Collapsed documentary from nineteen Yeah, he just fell awa when they all went in the water. When in the water, Ken Molinari. Molinari, I think had the lead going into Amen corner and he just fell apart.
Speaker 1: God, that was the coolest day of go. That's the best part about this.
Speaker 3: Not only is its skill, man, you gotta have mentally the balls man, it's it's a lot of mental work.
Speaker 4: You see Victor right now, another bogie. He's back to even perfect.
Speaker 1: My other guy. This is great.
Speaker 2: Things are really goods the best golfing.
Speaker 1: It's the coolest thing you guys have ever come up with on k fan. Truthfully, you guys enjoyed more than golf bets. Okay, take initials out of it. Take initials out of it. It's fun. Golf bettings is close set. At least for me, it's great. Do you guys feel that way? I do love password.
Speaker 3: Yeah, brings everybody together though, Like that's the other bit is we get a lot of funny bits out of it.
Speaker 1: You know, we ripped. It's always guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Rosie Rippable, Wendell Clark t off, Wendell Clark teas off, hold on, Daddy, Well.
Speaker 4: I do guys like when you guys do the fantasy nobody, that's cool. Are you guys doing that this year at the church Challengers?
Speaker 2: You don't know we'll see. Yeah, he's in he's in Utah with the Angels, with the angel I think he's passed teas off.
Speaker 1: At nine am. I'm going to Utah in like a month. Do you think if I texted Charge said you want to get a coffee? Yeah? Lose? I'm sure no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: A.
Speaker 1: Plus he's one of the kindest people on the plane. Yes, I love Church.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable by the way, who told Justin Rose alex or Alec Alec because he just he just Uh, it's a terrible pick.
Speaker 1: He just birdied, but he's plus four but everyone wants him to and he's a people's cham People love it so far five bogies, one birdie for us. Yeah, that's his Is this?
Speaker 3: Uh? The original format of the very first Open Championship was played over a twelve whole golf course to Preswick. Competitors had to play the loop of twelve holes three times in one day to complete the thirty six hole tournament.
Speaker 2: Sounds horrible, idious it sounds off no, so people speaking of initials, Yes, this is for avid. People have always asked why is it best out of twelve? Why is it not best out of ten? And the answer is well, because the first time we did it was supposed to be a one time throw away, and I just could I've just thought of twelve people off the top of my head, and that's why.
Speaker 1: We went with twelve. I wish it had been ten. It would have saved me a lot of work over the years.
Speaker 2: For those of you who golf, we always talk about charity golf tournaments being way too long. Right, everybody said, let's play nine, let's not play a team. But in general, let's say, let's say you could create the PGA Tour format.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the perfect number of twelve? Twelve is the right number? That's for me? Twelve to twelve, around twelve to fifteen.
Speaker 4: And I always just say, if you didn't go to the range before, let's take the first three holes to warm up, and then we'll bet on the next fifteen because it's five, five and five.
Speaker 1: I just like it that way because then you can make all different sorts of bets. But like, that's smart, A three hole up in a nice multiple of five.
Speaker 4: Sure, And I stole it from my dad because my dad says, you can't if you don't warm up, you can't like judge yourself to a whole four and then, as usually, when you get your first cocktail down.
Speaker 1: To interesting in your buzz, it's really good, isn't that nice?
Speaker 2: Then you play fifteen, so you prefer the pros to be in the fifteen range. You think maybe twelve or fifteen.
Speaker 1: I for the pros, make it thirty six so I can watch all thirty six. Yeah, hey, yea, I could care less the pros eighteen.
Speaker 3: A perfect round of golf is twelve, yeah, because twelve is when for me is when I just absolutely lose.
Speaker 1: But what about so the pros though, for like majors, eighteen, Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it. No, why not twenty? Though?
Speaker 2: See what I'm saying, like, why is it eighteen? It's just what we've always known. What's the right number?
Speaker 1: And I think it's eighteen? Yeah, But why why nine inn is nine a side?
Speaker 2: I understand how it works, but I'm saying that's how it's always been. So it feels like it's the right number. But is it the right number? Because back in the day it sounds like it was much less. Why nine insin baseball? No one knows, But that's another's That's exactly what I'm asking is that the right number?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. It should be three. No, Like eighteen is I love eight? Eighteen holes is right now? Is perfect?
Speaker 4: But Paul, you're right right about fourteen. And if you're like, if you're not drinking and the buzzwears off and you're just you're playing bad, get me the hell out of here about hold twelve is where I lose it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look a nice and I don't mean even in terms of multiples of two, but doesn't a nice multiple of ten? Like, doesn't twenty feel like that should be a number for pros? We'll play twenty holes. I agree, ten on the front, town on the back. Yeah, but that it's always been nine.
Speaker 4: That makes total sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Court, it's a great question. I don't know.
Speaker 4: You think checchipt might know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Yeah, y eighteen Now obviously if you have twenty holes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's more land, right, golf course is more expensive then more to maintain, more land to buy.
Speaker 1: All that Garbageah, who knows? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We have a three way tie at the top, now, whoever the hell? Ryan Girard is now also minus four rosy.
Speaker 1: But What really matters is this.
Speaker 3: I thought, I just win the largest or excuse me, the longest winning margin in eighteen sixty two.
Speaker 1: Well, let us guess. Let us guess that what you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So this is the biggest margin of victory, Yeah, in the history of the Open. Yes, and it happened in what year eighteen sixty two? Got somebody dominated that much way back then. His name was old Tom Morris. I bet it was Bek So all right, hang on, So if this is the biggest margin in the history of the Open, it has to be double dates, right, it must have been a runaway. Well, nobody was playing. It was a civil war. I'm gonna say he won by He won by twelve shots eighteen.
Speaker 1: Fourteen.
Speaker 3: I was like twenty, you guys, dance spread around at thirteen yeh man. To this day, it stands as the widest margin of victory in the Open's history.
Speaker 2: What about modern golf history, Like, let's say, last fifty sixty years.
Speaker 1: I wonder what the biggest Open specific, Oh, Tiger at.
Speaker 3: The map is like, yeah, ninety seven? Yeah, what do you went by? I mean DJ when they played it in November because of COVID, he went boss raised, Yeah, yeah, And I.
Speaker 1: Just looked at the eighteen holes thing. Hmm. It's all traditions. So St Andrews. We all know what St Andrews is.
Speaker 4: It was like twenty two holes and then they combined a couple and went down to eighteen. And now everyone's just kept it at eighteen for no reason.
Speaker 2: Quickly just googled the open. Brian Harmon won by six strokes.
Speaker 1: That was a few years ago. Shane Lowry won.
Speaker 2: By six mane how about this Louis Houstasing in twenty ten one by seven over Lee West, Who's yeah, he won by seven. I love Usti Who's Tiger Woods in two thousand and one by eight?
Speaker 3: So god, I love Louis Ustie, Who's is literally a smaller Jimmy Klein Saucer.
Speaker 1: Look him up. Yeah, it looks like a he's a smaller Jimmy Johnny Miller looks.
Speaker 2: It looks like in modern golf history eight in Tiger Woods, his hands down the biggest at the Masters, right or at no, this is the open.
Speaker 1: Specifically, man, he was on a heater. Man he was so good.
Speaker 2: He won at Saint Andrews over Thomas Bjorn and Ernie Els by eight and he finished at minus nineteen. Yeah the News in a second, Ben Lieber joins in a second more the Power Trip Morning Joe.
Speaker 1: After this on the fan
Speaker 7: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Trapp