Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: We have a family four pack of Disney on Ice tickets that we're gonna give away right now.
Speaker 3: It's coming to Grand Casino.
Speaker 2: Arena this Thursday, December fourth, and first contesting on the phone is Lexi, Lexi, how's your morning going so far?
Speaker 4: It's going good. I'm on my way to school right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, school as a new teacher, because you attend school.
Speaker 4: No, I'm in the nursing program.
Speaker 5: Look at you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I want to make this day better before you have to jump into learning, because learning gross. So the way that this game works, Lindsay, is I'm gonna play a clip of a Disney song and then you're going to have to finish the next line of that song once it cuts off.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, sounds good.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Rough ahead and your mouth, bitch, can you just remember what your old pal said?
Speaker 1: You just remember what your.
Speaker 3: Good jumpable.
Speaker 2: Let's say, like say you pause for a second. I got nervous.
Speaker 3: I was like, I know you got it, you got it.
Speaker 6: Good job.
Speaker 3: You want those tickets?
Speaker 4: Congratulations every day in my house? So do you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So I'm assuming you have kids, Yes, have one son, he's almost two okay, perfect, Well, you are going to be taking him into Grand Casino Arena on Thursday for Disney on Ice. Congratulations, awesome, all right, le say you go get your study on. Okay, all right, don't hang up there, all right, hang on, all right, that's gonna do it. We're gonna jump into War the Roses. Things are a little bit different today. We have been doing New War the Roses at seven twenty on Tuesdays, but we're doing Christmas Wish now in the month of December, so a couple things are getting jumbled around, so we're getting into one all right now.
Speaker 3: The Dave Bryan Show on Katie w B, It's.
Speaker 2: The Day Ryan in the Morning Show, Jenny and Vaughann here. Today we are doing talk Back Tuesday. And found such a funny thing. Where was it on TikTok I think I found it on TikTok okay, But basically it's boomer complaints, but I actually agree with them. So for Talkback Tuesday, we're gonna have you leave a talkback on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 3: What is a boomer complaint? But you actually agree with that?
Speaker 2: And we're going to play a couple examples to kind of get your mind thinking. And so here is what Vaunt had found on TikTok.
Speaker 6: Boomer complaints that I actually agree with. Number one. If it's not in stock, take it off the website. Why as you plan?
Speaker 7: You know, most people look at the website before they go in the store. Some establishments never bother to update the website and then got the nerve to be like, looking at you crazy when you tell them that you saw it on the website.
Speaker 6: Hey, y'all got some standing odor remover?
Speaker 8: Nah?
Speaker 6: Bro we all out you sure because the website said y'all had it? Oh that's great, What do y'all? I say? Number two? Why does streaming services have that?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 7: I feel like the only reason that I got this was so I don't have to watch commercials. I pay sixteen dollars a month for Hulu with no ads, and y'all still find ways to show me ass. I don't care if it's just ten seconds. Get this off my screen and let me finish my show. Number three, Why is the headlights on all these new cars so right? Most of the time it's just idiots driving with their high beams on without knowing it. But like, legitimately, some of these cars, lights are like legitimately bright.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my gosh, I'm so I agree with all of those.
Speaker 3: That is so funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can think of one right now, and von if you have one, I want to hear yours. Oh yeah, mineus. Why are you playing music so loud at a restaurant? I can't hear the person who's sitting three feet across the table from not even three feet, like two feet across the table from me.
Speaker 1: I can't hear them, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, huh what And they don't even be like busting restaurants. It's like a crave where we should be able to have smoke talk.
Speaker 2: Like turn the music down and turn the lights up. Okay, it's also too dark, all right. I don't like that I can't see, I can't hear. Just I would like to enjoy my dining experience without feeling like I'm losing my eyesight and my hearing at the same time.
Speaker 3: But VOD, do you have any boomer complaints?
Speaker 1: You agree with my boomer complaint.
Speaker 5: I hate that we have to make a subscription for everything, literally, like even you can buy I don't know how much a Peloton bike costs even after you buy.
Speaker 1: The Peloton bike. You have to pay for the service.
Speaker 3: After the month.
Speaker 2: Subscription your stuff to pay like thirty five bucks a month.
Speaker 5: It's not much a ripoff that we have to sign up for everything. Yes, even to read the news like the New York Times, you need a subscription. I think I still have my student discount on that. That's how I read the New York Times.
Speaker 2: All right, but we want to hear yours, So leave us a talk back on the iHeartRadio app. You're gonna just go to KTWB on iHeartRadio. You'll hit a red microphone button. You have thirty seconds, So tell us your boomer complaints that you actually agree with on Talkback Tuesday and we'll listen to those back next down't how many.
Speaker 3: Apples is safe?
Speaker 2: It's this radio show that's kind of sketchy, The Dave Ryan Show on Katie WB. It's the Dave Ryan Show on one of one point three KATWB. We're doing talkback Tuesday. Von found this funny TikTok about a guy complaining doing boomer complains, but he actually agrees with it, and he this guy's probably like in his twenties, but I'm thirty or something.
Speaker 1: And a boomer is what past fifty five older than.
Speaker 2: It might be like maybe six year older now, okay, god maybe, but regardless, it's it's closer to like a grand parents age at this point. But here are some of the complaints that we've gotten on talkback that people agree with.
Speaker 3: Okay, my boomer complaint is the commercials in between my show. So like, I'm watching the show at.
Speaker 2: The volume that I'm comfortable with, and everything is great, and then as soon as the commercial comes.
Speaker 1: On, it has gone up seventeen thousand optives and I'm suddenly triggered because everything is.
Speaker 4: So loud, and I have ADHD and I guess I'm not focused my nine and eight year old Sarie.
Speaker 2: Yes, we hear them in the background. Oh my gosh, that's so true. I think that they had to make a law recently about making it not so loud with commercials.
Speaker 1: But maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: I think part of the problem is the commercial or the TV shows are being mastered too quiet. Yeah, I think that's the problem of the commercials.
Speaker 3: All right, he has another talk back. This is Megan from Hastings.
Speaker 2: My boomer complaint is just I know we've discussed before, but tipping for absolutely everything, absolutely everything.
Speaker 4: It's too much. I think it's just out of control.
Speaker 2: I get the service industry and certain things, but there's a lot of things.
Speaker 1: It's like, are you kidding me? I did all the work?
Speaker 4: Why am I too?
Speaker 2: M Like when you actually order your food at the table by yourself and everything, and like nobody like when you have to go or would you go up to a counter service and order it and now they want to tip, like as if they're serving you like a normal server.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they'll be like, it's gonna ask you a question before you tap into the question, They'll ask if you want to tip, and the three options will be there's not a zero option. No, you have to click like two more buttons to get to.
Speaker 3: Not tip already. Here's another talk back, Secretary Brie.
Speaker 9: Here is all the high school kiddies that go hang out at the Starbucks afterwards but don't do any work.
Speaker 6: They just take up all the table space and all.
Speaker 9: The bench space when some of us just want to escape our homes and our children to go get quiet work done.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we did not. I did not grow up in the era of having like coffee shops to go hang out.
Speaker 3: I would probably be that kid though.
Speaker 5: At a Starbucks I would see, like a pizza shop, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Because everyone wants their little foo fuo drinks and like they want to be cool and whatnot.
Speaker 3: Al righty, here's another talkback.
Speaker 10: So I'm millennial through and through right. I hate talking to people in public if I can help it. But my biggest boomer complaint, honestly is when I go to ask a question to people and they just look at me in public and they just ignore me and go back to their phone. It's like, Okay, if someone's actually asking me a question, I'll answer you, you.
Speaker 3: Know, as long as you're not being a creep or whatever.
Speaker 10: But just ignoring each other and not talking has like really been like bothering the crab out of me lately.
Speaker 2: That's the gen Z stare, right, I think so for the moment. I mean, maybe she's not specifically only talking about gen Z, but yes, we have talked about that on the show before. Are these are boomer complaints that you actually agree with? On Talkback Tuesday?
Speaker 8: My boomer complaint is why do people have to drive so fast through neighborhoods? Like I have my dogs here people have kids. Why are we driving so fast through neighborhoods? No reason why?
Speaker 1: Uh oh she might be talking about me, but you be zooming watch out.
Speaker 4: Honestly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sometimes I catch myself going down like a very like it's not a neighbor like the St. Louis Park where there's so many residents houses, and I'll be like, oh, wait a minute, why am I going thirty five?
Speaker 1: I should probably take a jow bill.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, here's more boomer complaints that people go agree with.
Speaker 9: I don't understand why every appliance now needs software. Why do they need software updates on my microwave? And my microwave sends me alerts when the cook time is done. I don't need to know when my kids are making pizza rolls at three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: This is so true.
Speaker 5: When I moved into my apartment, I was they sold me on, Oh yeah, the washer and dryer. It's so new and there's an app so you can start it and stop it from your phone. And I literally looked at the leasingly it was like, that's dumb because I still have to get up to put it in the washer dryer.
Speaker 1: Why is there an app?
Speaker 2: Does the app also move the wash clothes into the dryer for me, because then, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm intajenny, I don't know. All right? More Boomer complaints, why.
Speaker 9: Do I call and give all my information to the automated person?
Speaker 6: Talk about it, not a person?
Speaker 9: And then when a person comes on they asked me the same questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all the like two three step authentication stuff that goes hand in hand with that. But I agree, you tell all your information. I just did this yesterday when I was trying to cancel some order I had done, and I was like, went through all that. Then the person got on the phone went through it all again.
Speaker 5: They have no clue why you actually like the nothing that you did previously, but the automated thing matters now? No?
Speaker 2: All right, one last one here Boomer complaints.
Speaker 5: When I go out to eat, give me a physical menu, don't make me scan a QR code and use my phone.
Speaker 3: Ugh, I do agree with that.
Speaker 2: There's just something so nice and like, don't we want to go out to eat to get away from our phones to an extent, you know, and then we.
Speaker 1: Got to beyond it to look at the menu. I think I'm fifty five about it.
Speaker 5: Only because typically with QR code, menus comes you just ordered through the app, to which then I'm like, why am I tipping somebody if all they're doing is bringing it to me.
Speaker 1: I guess it's a little bit of.
Speaker 5: A service, but like I ordered it, you didn't come take my order, you didn't come ask.
Speaker 1: If you know it was your your steak cold. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there was someone who texted in because someone had complained about how commercials get so loud when you're watching TV and then all of a sudden it goes out a commercial and you're like, ah, my ears someone and I had said, I think that there was a law made, and they said there were laws for the commercial volume for broadcast TV, but not for streaming.
Speaker 3: Is what it is.
Speaker 2: So all right, Well, thanks for all of those talkbacks on talk Back Tuesday. Coming up next, we're going to get into you can't make this stuff up. A man swallowed something thirty years ago, and I feel like this could be about Dave and his stomach issues because he was starting to have tummy problems. What they found in his stomach is crazy, and the.
Speaker 3: Fact that he lived with it for thirty years.
Speaker 2: We're going to cover that next coming up on You can't make this stuff up on KATIEWV. All right, we've all maybe swallowed something in our lives that maybe came back and bit us in the butt, or we shouldn't have swallowed. For instance, when I was about eight years old, I swallowed a penny. Now typical.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know why I swallowed a penny? I don't know why. I was playing in my backyard.
Speaker 2: I thought, oh, it would be fun to like put a couple of pennies on my tongue, and then one of them went too far and it lodged down my throat and I swallowed it.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 5: My logic and eating a penny will be that it just multiplies.
Speaker 2: Well, unfortunately it's not an investment accountant.
Speaker 4: I don't know how.
Speaker 5: But by the same logic that if you swallow a seed a watermelon grow in your stomach, I thought the same thing, like, oh, well this will turn into much more money.
Speaker 1: I'll continue. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, there is a sixty seven year old man who was experiencing some pretty bad abdominal pain and bloating a month ago. So doctors run some scans and they noticed like a foreign object in a stomach, but they had trouble figuring out what it was, so they performed an emergency procedure and still had trouble getting it out because it was smooth and slippery. When the guy was shown images of the object shaped, he figured it out. Thirty years ago, he was out draygon and he swallowed a plastic lighter on a dare Oh. He assumed it had passed through his system, but apparently it hadn't, so doctors eventually had were able to remove it during an endoscopy. Endoscopy, sorry, but they had to wrap something around it first to make it less slippery. Once it was removed, doctors saw that it had been corroded by stomach acid, but it still had gas inside and it still works.
Speaker 1: That's not a good A lighter.
Speaker 3: In your stomach for thirty years. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, you might have said this already. So did they remove.
Speaker 3: The y They didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say endoscopy, endoscopy, I think it's how you say it.
Speaker 3: Yes, so that's how they removed it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I guess I don't know, But that's so I don't.
Speaker 3: Whatever text us and let us know.
Speaker 2: Have you ever swallowed something ridiculous like I know you guys did a little bit when I was out of the things you've put up your butt.
Speaker 1: I think that's what we did.
Speaker 3: You did, you did some bit well on social media. You did a bit about things you put up your butt.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: I was like, what do you mean? I saw the video. I was gone that week.
Speaker 2: But now I'd like to know what did you swallow that you should not have swallowed, like something that definitely was not edible food or anything like that. Text us some of the snow, because I'm curious any other idiots out there, like this guy, or like me who swallowed a penny when I was little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd love it swallowed anything at all.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, good for you.
Speaker 1: Don't naughty if you texted?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I already know some wise guy, some wise guy, any dina or something's going to be.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, be like, oh, here we go. I'll tell you what I swallow.
Speaker 2: Someone goes is this mysterious guy named Dave. Can you imagine he gets his camera in his stomach, which is where he is right now. He's at a doctor's appointment to swallow a camera to get pictures to hopefully see what's going on in his stomach, and we find out he had like swallowed something thirty years ago that he forgot about. That's what's costing all of the stomach Paine, geez aw, all right, let's gonna do it for You can't make this stuff up.
Speaker 3: Coming up in.
Speaker 2: Dave's Dirt, Taylor Swift wins most things, whether it's the Billboard charts, whether it's a Grammy, whether it's some crazy award.
Speaker 3: She wins a lot of things.
Speaker 2: But she actually got beat out by something regarding her music for twenty twenty five. We're gonna cover out who beat her and what is it next on Dave's Dirt. On katiewb, oh, maybe I should turn my microphone on.
Speaker 3: That might be.
Speaker 2: Helpful, all right, So we'd love the iHeartRadio app. It is free to download. You should set KATYWB as a preset. But there is something else called Spotify out there, and they just released the top Artists of twenty twenty five, so the top earning artist.
Speaker 1: I should say.
Speaker 2: And I talked about this, and you might think with her new album that came out it was Taylor.
Speaker 1: Swift, but it actually was bad Bunny.
Speaker 2: So he had seven point three billion streams from fifteen of his tracks, and that earned an estimated twenty nine million dollars in revenue.
Speaker 3: Yes, so coming in pretty far.
Speaker 2: Down the list at two point five billion streams, which I know sounds like a lot, but Bad Bunny had seven point three was Taylor Swift at second God, and then at third was something that nobody saw coming because it's from K pop demon Hunters.
Speaker 3: It's Hunter Tricks.
Speaker 5: Oh lord.
Speaker 2: So they had two point three billion streams from four tracks, so that's crazy.
Speaker 3: And then the top.
Speaker 2: Stream song of the year goes to the one and only Alex Warren. I think I contributed to about a million streams of that song, honestly, because when that came out, I was so upset that all the time.
Speaker 5: Love it or hate it, Bad Bunny, I think is the is what Taylor Swift is.
Speaker 1: But for Hispanic people.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, it's just like it's very much like a different culture.
Speaker 3: But like, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I've said it before, I can't wait to see him at the halftime show because I've seen clips of his concerts and he is a.
Speaker 3: Performer and thatman can thrust what he's got. Also, did I see something about he had a kid recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bad Bunny as a child.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that he was.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest.
Speaker 5: When I saw it, I also didn't know either. I think I clicked into it when I was like, oh, I don't know how old his kid is, but Bunny new baby bad or maybe I'm making this up.
Speaker 1: No, he definitely has a kid.
Speaker 3: There was no record of him having a new.
Speaker 5: Baby Bad Bunny as a kid. Somebody texting and confirm that, because I definitely know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I saw it the other day.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, what do you got, Bond.
Speaker 5: I'm excited because we always talk about how the movie industry is slowly dying going to the movies, but they're putting some classics back in theaters and I think this will help revive it. Classic Christmas movie is like The Grinch, It's a Wonderful Life, a Christmas Story, Elf, which I actually saw Elf in theaters two years ago. I think I went to the AMC and Coon Rapids, which I don't know why. Yeah, it was a twenty fifth anniversary like two years ago. But now they're just doing it just to bring the holiday spirit back. How the Grinstoale Christmas is celebrating the twenty fifth anniversary. I know earlier this year the original Toy Story celebrated its thirtieth anniversaries.
Speaker 6: Was back in theaters.
Speaker 5: I just think that since movies are becoming so accessible on streaming, Like I remember Centners was on streaming a month after it came out in theaters. Yeah, and I think since that's killing the theater industry, the way they come back is putting old classics back in. Because some of your favorite movies you probably you probably weren't even born to see in the theater.
Speaker 1: Now you can go have that experience.
Speaker 3: That's true, very true.
Speaker 2: So last night on Monday Night of football, apparently there was this big kicking blunder when the Giants kicker jammed his foot into the artificial turf while attempting a field goal, and Troy Aikman could not stop laughing at it.
Speaker 1: Here's a clip forty.
Speaker 2: Seven yard training by Young Way stumbled.
Speaker 1: I don't think i've ever seen that.
Speaker 2: Look like you just stepped his foot right into the turf.
Speaker 4: Books.
Speaker 1: I guess that goes down as a miss.
Speaker 8: I don't know, he's never touched the ball, I said, a miss, but it's not a miss because he.
Speaker 1: Never touched the football.
Speaker 3: No, perfect, gotta love that. You gotta be professional.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, you just watch somebody do something so stupid and you can't help.
Speaker 1: The last right, that's us.
Speaker 5: You could a watch I have. I was on my radar last week. It's called All Her Fault. It's a show on Peacock about a woman whose daughter whose son goes missing, but he goes missing because somebody kind of connected to her literally picks the kid up from school. I don't want to give too much away. You'll find that out in the first episode. I've been watching it. It is so freaking good. I know Fallon watched it.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 5: Raven, who used to do the Night show, watch it because Fallon said so and loved it. You gotta go watch All Her Fault, All Her Fault on what Peacock Peacock.
Speaker 6: It's like a miss.
Speaker 1: It's the thriller. It's one season, maybe eight episode. That's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my gosh, I'll put it on my list. I have a huge list of things I need to catch up on on shows. I feel like right now, all right, well, that's going to do it. For Dave's Dirt. It's brought to you by six' one Two Injured timer And Lammers Injury.
Speaker 3: Law coming, up we're going to get into a.
Speaker 2: Conversation about what is the proper amount of speeding you can do without getting pulled?
Speaker 3: Over, YES i said.
Speaker 2: It if there's any cops out there, listening we might get in trouble for this. One but somebody has a theory on the show of how fast you can go.
Speaker 3: And you won't get pulled.
Speaker 2: Over we'll get into that next and then right after that we're going to get into A christmas. Wish it's from earlier this morning that we already did this, one just a heads, up but it was very it was very, touching and we are looking for donations right now because we're a little bit behind right now this. Year so if you're able to, donate if you are moved by The christmas wish that you hear in a little, bit go TO kdwbt dot com slash wish and there's a big red donate button. There and once again we couldn't do it without your, help and then also the help from our Sponsors Try Island Holiday Station, Stores You think And Choice bank