Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can. They printing money. The Dodgers, kid, can you it's not fair?
Speaker 1: Are making plans?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome in t Morongo Casino.
Speaker 4: Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: Hope you're well on this Monday night, June the twenty ninth, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers first place atop the NL West. Don't look now, but they're running away with the division. At fifty four and thirty, they are ten games up on the San Diego Padres after taking two or three over the weekend at Petco Park. The Dodgers now head to Northern California for a three game inter league series against the Athletics.
Speaker 4: Eric Lower on the mound.
Speaker 3: First pitch from West Sacramento is coming up at six forty. Between then and now, we got a hot to get to here Amrongo Casino. Dodgers on deck, including hearing from the manager Dave Roberts. That's coming up in twenty minutes. Charlie Stunner stops by. In thirty minutes, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David vat Saint is gonna go one on one with Dodgers second basement Alex Freeland. That's coming up in forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly sports and at LA's on. Kirsten Watson will stop buying. In just a few minutes, we will head out to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday in the galloping Ford Broadcast booth.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: Yesterday in San Diego, the Dodgers took care of the Padres to extend their lead in the division. Emmett Sheen got the start in the right hander looking for his first win, and over a month he'd go five innings, give up just one run on two hits while striking out five along the way. The Dodgers offense meanwhile, got after Michael o'king in the third show, Hey Otani in RBI singles, scoring Alex Freeland and the Dodgers led one to nothing. The lone mistake that Image she And made came in the fourth with one out. He served up a solo home run to Manny Machado that tied the ballgame at one. But in the fifth, the Dodgers put together one of those innings where they just break a starting pitcher Michael King, gave up a lead off walk to Alex Freeland. Two batters later, show Hey walked, Andy Potjis was hit by a pitch that loaded the bases, and Freddie Freeman drew a bases loaded walk, taking an inside fastball on the ninth pitch of the at bat that gave the Dodgers a.
Speaker 4: Two to one lead.
Speaker 2: Next batter, Mookie on a two to one Bets snacks a base hit in the left center field Old tani Is in Potes whole race home Marcus Lynn Betts' is on one.
Speaker 4: A two run single to make it four to one. La here on.
Speaker 3: The top of the fifth, two run single for Mookie Betts to break it open, Dodgers a four to one lead. Image she And went the five innings, turned it over to Alex Vessi in the sixth, he put a run on base Will Klin gave an RBI single to make it a four to two ballgame. Klein would come back out to pitch the seventh. With two outs, Dave Roberts went to the bullpen. The left tender Tanner Scott, who came in got the final out, and he did it. Then he came back out to pitch the eighth. The leadoff double to Machado. Then he hit ty Franz. Tanner Scott then struck out Bogarts, then got himself out of a huge jam.
Speaker 2: Now it's Miguel on Duhar, right handed hitter two one one on on the ground of Montsie.
Speaker 4: He's got it.
Speaker 7: A third goes to second to turn in time for two, five, four, three, double play in a zero for the Padres in the bottom of.
Speaker 3: The e and du Hard grounds into the double play to end the inning. In the threat, Dodgers maintained their four to two lead and Guardo Enriquez got the ninth, closed it out ballgame over good guys win. Dodgers date two and three from the Padres to win the series. Dodgers improved it fifty four and thirty. They now have their largest lead in the division this season. They are ten games up and the NL West. Tonight, they're right back at it as they start a three game series in West Sacramento against the Athletics. Eric Lower, the left hander on the mount. First pitch is six forty with more. We head out to the Galloping four broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neffert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, Thank you Tim, and for the very first time ever, the Dodgers are playing in the state capitol city of Sacramento, California, on the west side of Sacramento here at Cutter Health Park. Beautiful night for baseball, and usually this time of the year things start to warm up in Sacramento, but it's going to be a pleasant night here as the Dodgers take on the Athletics.
Speaker 6: Dodgers start the night with.
Speaker 8: The best record in Major League Baseball season best twenty four games over five hundred. They have the best road record in Major League Baseball at twenty eight and sixteen, and they've won five of their last six and have taken a double digit lead in the National League Western Division standings over the Padres after taking two of three against them over the weekend. The A's meantime, have slipped into fourth place in the American League West, but there are only two games behind the newly leading Texas Rangers. Is that division has really tightened things up here? Pitching matchup tonight a battle of lefti's Eric Lauer at three and five four eighty seven is era gauge jump and rookie Lefty three and one with a two point zero four era. Oh, this is a franchise on the move. You can relate more than anybody because you were with the Athletics when they moved from Kansas City to Oakland. And the players really can't relate yet because they haven't moved to their final destination, which is Las Vegas. But you know what it was like going through with this particular franchise.
Speaker 6: For the A's.
Speaker 9: This isn't like a connecting flight in between going from Oakland to Las Vegas. I was not in that transition from Philadelphia to Kansas City, but from Kansas City to Oakland.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was one of those areas.
Speaker 9: What was really kind of refreshing last night arriving at the hotel downtown and then today too and leaving to come to the bomb Park has gone the tension of a lot of people here.
Speaker 6: Hey, the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 9: The back to back world champions are in town, and the Dodgers have lived up to that billing. You start to look at what they've done. As you mentioned, they're five and one on this road trip. They now won eight of the last nine road series that they play, going back to the fourth of May, during which time they've gone nineteen and nine on the roads. The bunk up it comes in has drawn a lot of interest.
Speaker 8: Obviously, Dodgers have been doing very well lately. Meantime, the Athletics have not been. They just had a disastrous road trip and fell from second place a half game behind Seattle when they left to two games out and in fourth place suddenly in the American League West. But they've got a lot of good young players and one guy to really watches, the first baseman, Nick Kurtz, who should be an All Star this year. Nineteen home runs, sixty four runs. Bat at him first basement's pretty good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's pretty good. The youngster we're going to see we talk more about him a little bit later on that being Gay's jump. He's caught the attention of a lot of people, and for very good reasons. But the A's trying to get back on the winning track. There are four games under five hundred. They had dropped now six of their last eight that they had been able to play. But still the numbers you were given, they're still knocking on the door for postseason play if they can get it into gear.
Speaker 8: We'll have some Major League history here, a little odd history, as Max Munsey will play third base in Batch seventh for both teams.
Speaker 9: Yeah, people are saying, well, wait a minute, there's a catch. You know, there's a catch. Two guys named Max Munsey both are going to play at third base, both batting in the same spot in the lineup.
Speaker 6: So we'll have to.
Speaker 9: Differentiate who's actually batting for that guy that's going down the freeway. Oh, months he's up. Oh and he hit one for the A's. No, no, no, not the case. Stay tuned.
Speaker 8: More to the coincidence, they're not related, but they do have the exact same birthday.
Speaker 6: How weird is that? Go figure?
Speaker 8: Anyway, we're getting set for the first game ever by the Dodgers in Sacramento, California. Dodgers and A's coming up from Sutter Health Park.
Speaker 4: Tim All right, thank you guys.
Speaker 3: As we count you down to first pitch on this Monday night. Dodger fans, what you doing for dinner? How about getting that game day meal on at.
Speaker 4: Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You can one of that Shaky's Pizza.
Speaker 3: Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. We're off and running here on Dodgers on Deck. Coming up, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner. We'll break down this pitchy matchup. Gage Jump young leftender Jay Sarah High School is rookie season going for the Athletics. Tonight leftender Eric lowerd the veteran on the mound for the Blue We lead you up the first pitch Dodgers and Athletics from West Sacramento on this Monday night. Thanks for being with us on Tim Kates, It's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunte game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball Hits.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers and Athletics from Sacramento. Eric Lauer Gates jump the pitching matchup. First pitch, coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewhy.
Speaker 2: Kings two to one. Otani takes it to left field down for a hit. Freeland has the green light, no throw home. RBI singles show Hey Otani and a one nothing Dodger lead and mo. That continues the theme you can harping on all road trip producing with runners in scoring position.
Speaker 9: You have to, and they've been creating opportunities on this road trip. The Dodgers hitting three oh four.
Speaker 3: Show Hey Otani got the scoring going yesterday with the RBI single to left and the third gave the Dodgers a one nothing lead. He was on base twice, including a walk. Show Hey now batting two ninety five with a four to twelve on base percentage the Dodgers for two win over the Padres.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey Kirson now joins us from Sacramento. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Donate now with cars for Kids that are.
Speaker 4: That's cars with a K.
Speaker 3: All Right, Dodgers playing in a new ballpark for them. More on that in a second, but the big news tay Oscar Hernandez is back.
Speaker 4: He's back.
Speaker 10: Of course, he brings the smiles, the seeds, and ultimately he's ready to go. You know, obviously when you look at taoskar Nana's when he was placed on the il with that hamstring strain, he was concerned. You know, they thought it was going to take potentially four or maybe for the four to six weeks or even more time because you never really know with a hamstring injury. But ultimately he's in a spot where he's one hundred percent ready to go. He's now back at essentially the four week mark. It's only when we were talking to him this afternoon as to how he's feeling and honestly how kind of quick this recovery had been. He shared that he felt due to the work he put it in the off season and as you remember, or like we were talking about all spring, is the weight that he's dropped.
Speaker 4: How he's really focused.
Speaker 10: On kind of how he's moving in the outfield, being faster that first step, especially coming off with a groin injury he dealt with last year.
Speaker 4: He said he.
Speaker 10: Thinks how he trained his body and prepared himself for this season that did help in his recovery to get him back on the field faster that at the three week week mark is when he felt one hundred percent. He then went on his rehab assignment. The power has been there with the swing, with the homelong ball. He still said he feels like he's kind of working on his timing and stuff at the plate, but he does feel like he's in a good spot to contribute to the offense and to be productive, and he's ultimately just happy to be back.
Speaker 3: Listening in the background, sounds like a lot of people ready to see this Dodger team in West Sacramento.
Speaker 10: When I tell you, obviously it's a more intimate ballpark, but they have the grass, think like Camelback Ranch, but it does technically have a second deck. But it's there's a lot of people. Even during batting practice had to have been like one hundred people on the field.
Speaker 4: It's insane.
Speaker 10: So I do believe it's I mean, I imagine it's a sellout, but I do think because it's an intimate experience, it's gonna feel a fun atmosphere. And even Dave was saying, like, you know, it's it's a cool place to experience. They did a great job with the clubhouse, they you know, we've this is now our second year in a row in which were playing in a minor league ballpark, because we played in Tampa at technically the Yankees facility. But honestly, they've done a great job, and so we have a few guys who have been here recently while they were in Triple A or even on the rehab assignment of sorts. So it should be interesting. From the pictures I've talked to, they said, of the or the minor league ballparks, it's not the one where the ball's flying out left and right, but it is one where things could get a little interesting. But they feel good as to kind of where things are at and how the ball's gonna play here.
Speaker 3: Ultimately, we'll see how many home runs are in fact hit over the next couple of days that ball does fly out of that ballpark. No, dek Here's we will check it with you after the game is still to come here. I'm Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David veassegoes one all one with Alex Friedland, but up next at injury report and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts Dodgers Athletics First Pitchers Sacramento is at six forty.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim katsis the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deach on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Monday night as we lead you up to Dodgers and Athletics from Sacramento, Marongo Casino Resort and spy a Grand Slam. Four good times. Eric Lower gains jump the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report present about UCLA healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Good news to Oskar Hernandez activated off the injured list, back in the lineup.
Speaker 4: That means Ryan Ward got sent back to Triple A.
Speaker 3: Oklahom Citi, Will Smith on the I L with the net inflammation, he Ca Hernandez on the I L with the left oblique injury. Blake Snell Tyler Glass now both on the I L and when Diaz recovering from elbow surgery as well. Evan Phillips is getting close He's made a couple of appearances down in the minor leagues, a couple of updowns and back to back outings. Looks like he is trending to make a return here sooner.
Speaker 4: Rather than later.
Speaker 3: Let's head back up to Sacramento and check out the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 6: Any questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: Certainly good to get him back, you know, just consistency, the presence of having a middle of the order bat, certainly against two left left handers we got coming up these next couple of days. I think for me probably having him play the first two and then on Wednesday be available off the bench.
Speaker 10: You've seen different iterations of how you've kind of set up this lineup. I know there's a left down the mound today, but with him back, could you see potentially making adjustments to the construction of your lineup.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's sort of a kind of a day to day thing, you know, from five through nine essentially, So with Tayo in there, he'll probably hit you know five tomorrow as well, and then kind of with the right handed pitchers just trying to figure out where to kind of put Tao and Munsey and Tucker. That's kind of the decision point every day.
Speaker 12: What if you've heard about how this park plays, and do you have to make any adjustments accordingly?
Speaker 11: You know, I heard the ball flies. It's certainly going to be intimate, should be rowdy, it should be fun. I think you're just going to keep trying to tack on runs. I know they don't bun a lot, and if you are behind, just keep going. Because I'm not saying it's Denver, but I guess the ball does carried good.
Speaker 3: You know it could.
Speaker 11: But I still think these guys just got to make pitches and we'll kind of try to score more than they do.
Speaker 10: There any different preparation, but like the idea of trying to keep the ball on the ground.
Speaker 11: Warn no, no, I think you know there's the strengths. Weakness is part of attacking a particular hitter, but there's not I don't think there's going to be any more attempt to try to keep on the ground.
Speaker 3: Back all right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts, talking about the ball flying out of the ballparking Sacramento with the hot air and the certainly minor league facility. We'll continue here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck and when we come.
Speaker 4: Back, we'll check you with V David Vance.
Speaker 3: So we lead you up to first pitch on this Monday at night from West Sacramento Dodgers and Athletics. I'm Tim kase is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deech on, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's Dodgers and Athletics from West Sacramento on this Monday night. Eric Lauer cages jumped. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball brought to by Alpato, born in La made for your game day. Alpato brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces.
Speaker 4: Right to your plate. El Pato Cormanic.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim cats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bass right DV.
Speaker 3: It's like an advent calendar counting down to Christmas. Here we are checking another box yesterday with the Dodger win, is Dave Roberts is getting closer and closer to a milestone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right, only two wins away from one thousand in his managing career, and he probably will get those two and Sacramento and be able to celebrate at home when the Dodgers return on Thursday. But Dave Roberts is very aware that he's this close to such a milestone in his managing career that he even cut me off yesterday during the pregame session.
Speaker 6: Your first managerial win was here at Peco.
Speaker 5: It was a nothing, fifteen something win, fifteen nothing shut out, So you remember it, so you remember it?
Speaker 11: I heard vaguely, vaguely now it was. I mean, it was twenty sixteen. It was a beautiful day at Petco Park. The sun was out, now you know what kurse took them out? And yeah, you know, and I know I'm close to a thousand wins, which is bananas to even think about, but yeah, my first one was here and couldn't put a bow on it to win one thousand here, but a lot of gratefulness, a lot of great players, coaches and support for me. So I'm very, very excited about how'd you.
Speaker 5: Know I was gonna ask about you closing in on one thousand wins.
Speaker 11: I figured that was a little segue, so I did your job for you.
Speaker 6: You're welcome. Its great feel.
Speaker 5: Hey, how about that manager?
Speaker 6: Feel right there? Tim? So he's aware.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: Davi is brought to you by Ford here for those who build America, especially those who believe that giving everything today will pay off tomorrow. Right now, Ford has offered employee pricing to everyone American value for American values. Go do your Southern California for dealer today or visit by Ford now dot com.
Speaker 4: Tay Oscar Hernandez David is back.
Speaker 5: He's back, and sooner than expected. He's only been gone for four weeks, but he did play a handful of rehab games.
Speaker 4: He only had three.
Speaker 5: Hits, all of them were thro home runs, so that's a good sign. He's in the lineup tonight, hitting fifth, and he spoke to the media at his locker earlier today in Sacramento.
Speaker 13: No, I feel good, I feel ready. I feel that I can go there and produce for the team and help the team keep winning. The team is playing really good right now, so I don't think they really need me Lelina, But I'm gonna do my best and everything in my power too keep producing and keep putting a little part so we can keep winning.
Speaker 5: Hey, Taoscar Hernandez was swinging the bat really well before he strained that left hamstring, and Adrian Gonzalez was joking earlier today Tim that you don't strain your hamstring if you're not hitting, because that means you're not running the bases. So Taoscar Hernandez hopes that this is behind him and he will not have any more time on the IL this season.
Speaker 4: Dave real quick, Will Smith, what are you hearing?
Speaker 3: Is there a chance he can get back before the All Star break?
Speaker 5: Doesn't sound like it because he's still not doing any baseball activities. And Dave Roberts mentioned in San Diego that if Will Smith starts doing some baseball activities, they're gonna want him to go out on a rehabit assignment. And I hate to break this to everybody, but the All Star break is right after this upcoming homestand so there's not enough time for all that to happen and for him to come back and play in the game.
Speaker 3: We'll see if you can get back after the All Star break quickly, David, great stuff.
Speaker 4: We'll check back in with you.
Speaker 3: Just a little bit still to come here on Wrongo because you know Dodgers on deck, Dave is gonna go one on one with Alex Freeland. We'll break down this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner. But up next, how about your Dodgers Magical Moment on this Monday, So you lead job to Dodgers and Athletics from West Sacramento. I'm Tim Kayson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Athletics. It's Eric Lauer Gates Jump the bitching matchup series opener from Sacramento. Coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: Who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Jobs.
Speaker 3: Well, we go back thirty six years on this day, thirty six years the lake great Fernando Valenzuela with a no No.
Speaker 14: Fernando ready in the strike two pitch is hit back to the box, dribbling the second Samuel on the bag close the first double play. Fernando Valenzuela has pitched a no hitter at ten seventeen in the evening of June the twenty ninth, nineteen ninety. If you have a sombrero, throw it to the sky.
Speaker 3: Fernando Valenzuela on this day, June twenty ninth, nineteen ninety, threw a no hitter against the Saint Louis Cardinals at Dodger Stadium. It was a six nothing to shut out in favor of the Dodgers. Fernando recorded seven strikeouts, he walked three.
Speaker 4: One hundred and nineteen.
Speaker 3: Pitches thrown that night for Fernando Valanuelo with the great Vince Scully, with the great call, if you have a sombrero, throw.
Speaker 4: It to the sky.
Speaker 3: This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, Hoffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Haffey hot Dogs, local and so great.
Speaker 3: When we contain you here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check you with Charlie Steiner st leading you up to first pitch from Sacramento Dodgers and Athletics of Tim Keats's the.
Speaker 4: Back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Athletics from Sacramento. Eric Lawer Gauge Jump Jay Sarah High School, UCLA brief fleet before transferring to LSU.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at six forty time.
Speaker 3: Now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your SoCal Verizon store today we say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 15: All right, Tim, It's game number eighty five and the Dodgers have won five of six on this road trip, first of three with the A's and Sacramento, and coming into the game, the Dodgers had the best record in baseball by.
Speaker 6: Quite a bit.
Speaker 15: Now fifty four and thirty there are season high ten games in front of second place San Diego. The next highest division lead in the National League Impact Major League Baseball is five and a half games Milwaukee in the National League Central. So the Dodgers lead the division by ten. Run differential is one hundred and fifty two. Next highest run differential one hundred and twenty by Milwaukee. Dodgers on a pace to win one hundred and four. Everything's going right, and then they're in the athletics at forty and forty four. They're in fourth place in the American League West. They're two games trailing Texas, Seattle, and Houston out of first place. They are a game and a half back in the wild card race. They're on a pace to win seventy seven. Run differential is minus fifty four. That's the setup tonight as the Dodgers play the first of three with the A's. Well of the Dodgers just doing everything right, and on this road trip they really made it look easy or has it been the other guys who've allowed them to make it look ease.
Speaker 6: I think it's a combination of both.
Speaker 9: To be very very frank with you, I mean you start to look at the run disparity. You're just talking about Dodgers four hundred and forty three runs that they've scored, they've only allowed two hundred and eighty seven. And if you look at the A's as you were mentioning, I mean, they have given up way more runs than they have been scored.
Speaker 6: That's the issue on that.
Speaker 9: But I thought that the Dodgers said, you know, they won two out of three in San Diego, but I'm a little surprised that it wasn't to take all three. The Pandres did not play well. The p Andres did not run base balls out. There were ground balls that hit to the infield, which absolutely dockme when you're playing against the team that you're trying to close the gap in. They did not play particularly well. The Dodgers are playing very well. And if you look at the fact that the Dodgers now have won eight of the last nine road series since the fourth of May. In that time, they've gone nineteen and nine, they are simply taking care of business.
Speaker 15: Dodgers have a better road record at twenty eight and sixteen, having won eight of their last nine on the road. Then the A's have a home record of eighteen and twenty three, and the Dodgers have won five or six on this road trip. They're playing well, they're hitting well, they're pitching well, and oh, by the way, they're running infield grounders out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they are, and they're even when they've maybe no chance, I mean routine. We make comments of just to take two guys, in particular Mookie Benson Max monthly. We saw that repeatedly on what appeared to be maybe ground ball routine ground ball outs. They ran hard and made it a bang bang play over at first base multiple times that did not happen on the other side of the field in that series against San Diego. So on this road trip, by far, the Twins outplayed what we saw with the Padres and the Dodgers, Yes five and one on this road trip, they've done a very good job in the number of a bats that they've had opportunities to knock in runs with runners in scoring position. But this is a ball club, Charlie, that I think not only enjoys being in first place by ten games in front of San Diego, I think that they're looking forward to extend that lead over everybody else in the West.
Speaker 15: You mentioned Mookie. In his last fourteen game, he's hitting three sixty eight. He's seen his batting average rise from one eighty one to two thirty six, hitting two seventy eight this month. Otani in the month of June seven home runs sixteen RBI is a four to thirty nine on base percentage. Freddie Freeman a thirteen game on base street hitting three sixty two during this period of time five home runs a four to ten on base percentage. You know, not everybody is hitting. Pa Haz continues to struggle, hitting just two eight this month, Alex call at two seventeen. But the guts of the lineup they're getting the job done, and so too has the pitching.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm going in with Ben so batting in the fourth spot again tonight and playing a short stop. He's added so much to what we've seen. It's really been an enjoyable turnaround. Different hand position with Mookie Bence, and it's hard to explain what that might do because we'll we're seeing now is that he's simply hitting the ball harder. It's not that the swings are taken that are harder. He's just using his hands and using the leverage. And it's really fun to watch.
Speaker 4: Battle of left handers tonight.
Speaker 15: Eric Lauer in five games and four starts with the Dodgers, he's two to zero and he are at two fifty four left. The gauge jump is going for the A's twelve consecutive shutout innings coming In his last five starts, he has given up just four earned runs and allowed the Opoplments to a one forty nine batting average. So if the A's are going to make them make this a game, make this the series, They're gonna certainly need some pitching out of the twenty two year old rookie. The Dodgers in the Ages from lovely West Sacramento coming up just a bit all right.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball presented by Unicloid Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclid dot com slash us still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck before first pitch, you're gonna get a preview with this pitching matchup. Tim never Rick Monday got those keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Dodger Second Basement Alex Freeland Dodgers Athletics from West Sacramento.
Speaker 4: Coming up at six forty.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Serious Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying this, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on deack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Athletics from West Sacramento as the Dodgers get ready to start this three game series against the Athletics. Dodgers base Ball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 13: This this high and tight.
Speaker 5: We are to join right now by Dodgers second basement. A young man that is coming of age for the Dodgers, and that is Alex Freeland, great stash, great beard, great edge. Thanks a lot for the time, Thanks for having me. Hey, Dave Roberts is coming up on one thousand career wins and on the last homestand there was a teaching moment he had with you and Ryan Ward. What do you remember about that conversation?
Speaker 12: Uh, she's about situational hitting, just having a plan and trying to execute a plan in certain situations, you know, like bases loaded or runner on third less than less than two outs, like you know what you gotta or you gotta know what you're looking for, and like that's the stuff that wins all games when you execute the little things, so that those majority of the conversation.
Speaker 5: As you get older, you'll learn what I did. It's not what you say, it's how you say it. For him to have you guys on the bench, Ward on one side of him, you on the other side of him, and deliver it the way he did, does it hit home more?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Man, I mean it shows he cares and it's it's nice to have as many people as possible in your corner, and it feels like he's in our corner every single day. So like I appreciate him just going out of the way to to teach us.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: I mean we're younger guys. Yeah, so he doesn't have to do anything, you know, like he can leave it up to the other coaching staff, but you know, he goes out of his way to make sure that that we've learned from it and and to not let it eat us alive. You know, like me and me and Ward being young, like we want to provide when when we can, and sometimes you don't get the job, I'm done. But like even if you don't get it done, like there's stuff to learn from it. So you know, it feels nice that he's in my corner.
Speaker 6: Were you surprised that he cared that much?
Speaker 12: No, I'm not surprised because I know he wants to win more than anybody on the team. So you know, like like I said, like those situations like they matter the most. You know, like could win a ball game by one run and you know, if you execute right there, like that's where you won the game. So no, I wasn't surprised that he was that amped up to be talking about it.
Speaker 5: Alex Freeland is our guest. We're on the grass on the field here. This is where Alex Friedland lives. On the grass. You're a baseball rat. You love the game, and I'm wondering, after last year's experience and you playing virtually every day this year, do you have a better understanding of what it takes to get through a full major league season.
Speaker 12: Yeah, definitely. I Mean it's tough, it's long. You got to pace yourself and take the breaks when they're given. But you know what, I'll do this until I die.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so yeah, what have you learned the most about how to get through it? Not get on that roller coaster?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you can't ride it, like you can't ride the ups and downs. I mean, because there's gonna be ups and downs regardless. Like I don't care if you're Freddie Freeman or or some no.
Speaker 5: Name like everybody like Alex Freeland.
Speaker 12: Yeah exactly, exactly, So like everybody's gonna gonna have the highs and lows, and it's just all about like perspective on how you look at it, and it's you know, you just can't get too high. I can't get too long.
Speaker 5: When you look at other left handed hitters in this lineup, obviously they're not going to pitch you the same way they pitch Freddy and Otani. Is there anything you could take away from at bats ahead of you, from Tucker and Mundse that can help you when you go to the plate.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no, I mean it's nice to see a good amount of lefties go before I do, so I get somewhat of an idea of how the how the pitcher is gonna attack, But you know, everybody's different. Everybody's got their own game plan. But I mean, it's just nice to see another lefty in the box. So yeah, it's helpful, all.
Speaker 5: Right, before I let Alex Friedlin go. You know where I see you have the most fun is around second base because you're sneaky, really good at doing some magical things around the bag. And it seems like MOOKI has a lot of joy playing with you. How much fun do you guys have with each other? Being able to turn double plays, being able to think the game, talk the game right there on the field.
Speaker 12: Well, Mookie's a baseball junkie too, so I mean I think I think he just enjoys like the little the little ins and outs of it, and and so do I. So, I mean, it's just fun to play with somebody. I mean, I feel like we're similar in certain ways, and I feel like we have a good connection up the middle. So I mean it's just fun. We can we can have a good time. But like we're we're all about our business when time comes, but we you know, I have a good time.
Speaker 5: Is he the most humble superstar you ever played with? Freddy's pretty humble, Freddie?
Speaker 12: Yeah, him or Freddy I mean, or Show. I mean, they're all humble.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks a lot for the time. Thanks a lot for aligning me in your office on the grass. This is really special. You're getting ready for your pregame routine. So thanks a lot for the time. And uh, let's do this again soon. Hey, the coaches are noticing exactly. Loving to my world, Alex Friedland not only gets some vasts ay love, he'll get a gift card to Capitol Grill and Burbank and Upscale relaxed spot with a great bar and great stakes. He won't be at the bar, but he'll be enjoying those steaks.
Speaker 6: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thanks a lot day.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Athletics on this Monday night.
Speaker 4: Well we come back here.
Speaker 3: I'm wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck WI dive teeper of this pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Don't you go anywhere?
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for.
Speaker 6: La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: HiT's the Dodgers and Athletics on this Monday night, the first of three from West Sacramento.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at six.
Speaker 1: Forty and now before the Dodgers hit the dineck, we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Gauge jump on the mound for the Athletics three and one with a two oh four ERA. Twenty three year old rookie left hander out of San Juan Capistrano went to J.
Speaker 4: Sarah High School.
Speaker 3: He went to UCLA and then for some reason transferred after a year went to LSU and they've been drafted in the second round by the Athletics in twenty twenty four. Started the year in Triple A before making his major League debut back on May twenty six against the Mariners. Fastball, slider, curveball, change up. It's only six foot, but he throws upper nineties with the fastball. Thirty five strikeouts through thirty five and the third innings, twelve straight shutout innings of work he is working on right now. How many home runs he's given up zero last time out, five shoutout innings, three hits, nine strikeouts against the Giants before that, seven shoutout innings, one hit in a win over the Angels. He's the first Athletics pitcher to toss five or more innings in each of his first six career games since Paul Blackburn did it back in twenty seventeen. This is his first time facing the Dodgers. Eric Lower the left hander on the mound for the Dodgers, thirty one year old, three and five with the four eighty seven ERA. His ninth season in the Big League's Padres Brewers Blue Jays now the Dodgers with Toronto. Earlier this year, he was one and five with a six to sixty nine ERA in eight games. They designated it for signment. He was then traded to the Dodgers. Remember last year he was really good. Pitched in the World Series against the Dodgers, he was nine to two with a three to eighteen RRA. Making its eleven start this year with the Dodgers, this is his fifth start, sixth appearance. Last time out, six no hit innings as the bulk inning guy against the Minnesota Twins with the Dodgers this year, two and zero with a two to fifty four ERRA. In two career appearances two starts against the Athletics, He's one to zero with a one to fifty nine er. He faced the Athletics in his first game this season as a member of the Blue Jays, went five and a third innings in the win. He gave up just two runs on three hits while walking one. Is the most punch outs he has thrown in an outing this season, that being nine strikeouts. Eric lower Gauge Jump two left handers going at it. Dodgers and Athletics. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next.
Speaker 4: Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All season long long.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Athletics On this Monday ninth, Dodgers roachrim continues. After taking two and three in San Diego, they head to West Sacramento for a three game interleague series against the Athletics.
Speaker 4: Eric Lauer and Geege jump the.
Speaker 3: Pitching matchup in this series opener first pitch coming up in six forty As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporos starts, great moment, star with Supporo beer.
Speaker 4: Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 3: Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, Great with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch and this game gets underway.
Speaker 4: Tim Neverettrick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 8: Tim, thanks, we're counting it out of the first pitch Tonight. Et Cetter Health Park, Dodgers and the Athletics. Eric Lauer three and five had a great outing last time. He came in in the second inning as the bulk innings guy in Minnesota, but he pitched six no hit innings and was absolutely sensational. He has been a different guy in Los Angeles than he was in Toronto.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yes, the odd number of innings have been well problematic for him. And the first inning is zra is over eight. In the third inning, his zra is over eight. In the fifth inning, his zra is almost at nine. But as you said, he was simply marvelous the last outing. He threw strikes, he challenged hitters, and he changed speeds with just absolutely.
Speaker 8: Perfect, perfect timing, and the rookie Gauge Jump has thrown twelve straight scoreless innings over his last two starts. He started to figure things out at the major league level. He's pretty good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, pretty good. Indeed, the fact that his ERA is barely above two. He's allowed below two hundred batting average against him in six starts. He has yet to give up a major league home run.
Speaker 8: Gauge Jump for the Athletics, Eric Lauer for the Dodgers. Dodgers and is coming up lineups in first pitch just around the corner too.
Speaker 3: All right, Dodgers go into play first place atop the National League West of fifty four and thirty. They are ten games up on the San Diego Padres. Yeah, double digit lead over the Padres, who are in action taking on the Chicago Cubs right now, that game at Wrigley Field, bottom of the fifth inning, Padres clinging to a two to one lead over the Cubbies. Meanwhile, the Dodgers twelve and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks will be in action later on tonight. No, they're off tonight, No Diamonbacks. Yeah, they're a home we get San Francisco. Yes, they're at home again, San Francisco. That game getting ready and started in about ten minutes as well, we'll keep you updated throughout the night. David Vessaid's got your cover with the post game reaction highlights and of course Dodger talk as well. Great pitching matchup battle of veteran left hander and rookie left hander Gage Jump, Eric Lauer, Dodgers Athletics Show, Hey Otani in the batter's box when we come back and joy everybody.
Speaker 4: This has been Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck when you're back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network