Speaker 1: Our number one. We just grabbed every key Democrat.
Speaker 2: Super duper.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: Light a goo nito gay. Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the eighteenth day of May twenty twenty six, this Monday morning. Good morning everybody, but you knew that. My name is Chris Hacking. Here we are getting ready for another week at the Partrip Morning Show, a week with Ben Lieber starting things off as he gets in here today and to cast one thousands. William Sawallach, NASCAR driver, will be calling in today as well with a very very big surprise apparently, So let's get her started. Here's Eugene Merman with some comedy on a Monday morning. I hope we're making you feel a little better. We're gonna try to make you smile all day long.
Speaker 2: Come on in.
Speaker 3: I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: I have a son, he's eight. His favorite movie No Country for Old Men. You thought it would be three billboards outside Eving, Missouri.
Speaker 2: You don't know, kids.
Speaker 4: I walked past a wedding cake bakery and they had a sign in the window that's a refugees welcome, which I thought was very sweet.
Speaker 2: I'm a refugee.
Speaker 4: I came from the former Soviet Union in nineteen seventy nine, and actually for the first year my family was in America, we mostly lived off of seven hundred dollars wedding cakes we would save each month and eat for three days. Those little cake toppers were my only action figures and the only game I played was weird religious group wedding in a field.
Speaker 5: To plass to.
Speaker 6: General Swed, I know Edy on your side, you hand the distance under this and then you strive.
Speaker 2: To zay dues. All right, It's Monday, May eighteen, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: The band's back together, Sauce back from a quick vacation, but Randview now again.
Speaker 2: The big question late.
Speaker 1: In the week for the Power Till Morning shows, would Chris Hockey actually drive up and join Tommy and Sauce for Guys Weekend. I saw on social media that Zach went up there. I did not see if Chris did.
Speaker 2: Zach he was.
Speaker 5: Saucy.
Speaker 2: I saw him. He made it, he made it.
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 2: I saw him. Yeah, that was a you know it happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was not part of everything. I h it was a I don't know. I guess I missed the party. I did see Saucy, I saw Zacho, I did see Tommy briefly, but it looked like they were having a good time.
Speaker 1: And so you were there. But it ended up being your own weekend, not guys week That's exactly nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 3: No, no, And it was fine and it was it.
Speaker 2: It sounds well.
Speaker 3: The bottom line was this. I love grand View. Sure, it's a wonderful, wonderful place.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 3: It's a darling. It was a perfect day. The weather was perfect. I saw Sauce for four minutes.
Speaker 2: Yep, I saw that four.
Speaker 3: Six minutes. And then I saw Tommy for a minute and thirty three seconds.
Speaker 1: But please, okay, yeah, but they.
Speaker 3: Just seemed like they were, uh, you know, box cars going in different directions, and then two of them linked out.
Speaker 2: I did not see Zach.
Speaker 3: You did not see him, Zach. Are you not dialed in?
Speaker 1: Zach?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 3: You are there? Are Yeah, you are there.
Speaker 2: You guys did not cross paths. Never.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Now I did. I did see. I did see Zach and Tommy link up, and then I watched them disappear into I watched them disappear into the distance together and I saw a look on Zach's face that was sort of like save me and sort of like please let me go.
Speaker 2: Yep, I don't know which direct, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Sure right, I don't know what the look said.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 9: I didn't even know what the look said. Part of me wanted to be said free, part of me wanted to right right, like hey man, stay here, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: You had a giant bag of food, and I see, here's the thing. Tommy and his friends came in. Zach was standing there. Zach said, I I just ordered food. I'm gonna go back to the room and hang out and uh, it's gonna be great. And I love this place. I'm like, yeah, I love this place too. And then Tommy showed up with his friends. And then a moment ago later, I saw Tommy and his friends leaving. I'm like, go, Tomr's where's Zach go? He goes, oh, yeah, I thought he was with us, and he went back in and uh, and then they left together, and the look on Zach's face was a little fear and a full bag of food. And I thought to myself, this may be the last time I ever see him, and I'm gonna be responsible because I sent Tommy back in for him.
Speaker 9: I was surprised to see him back come back, and I was actually gonna thank him for a man, thanks for thinking of me.
Speaker 2: Turns out you were the one.
Speaker 3: That was Yeah, he thought you were Ye, he was completely didn't We did not, correct sir.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 3: That would be the truth.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like the most power tripp thing of all time that a big group get together ended up being essentially three separate trips and you and Tommy mostly solo. Three separate trips. You guys were all at the exact same place.
Speaker 10: So I saw I got there Thursday night, Scene, Bear Randing and uh Brent all got there that night. We got up and played golf at nine am on Friday, got some lunch, and then turned around and played eighteen more on Friday, and we saw Tommy at the driving range.
Speaker 2: He just got there and he was excited to be there.
Speaker 10: I went to bed shocking at about eight forty five on Friday night.
Speaker 9: They all went out to Zorbas. I didn't see all them by the way. I hung out with them. Yep, rank with them and that's fun.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they were like they came back at midnight and loudly were uh, they were very loud, but they were having a good time. Then the next day we got up and played golf at like eleven, we saw Tommy in the group in front of us.
Speaker 2: He waved. That was it.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: There was a wave. There was a wave. Yep, so you really barely saw Tommy as well. Yeah, so four separate trips. Yeah, Tommy solo, You solo, Chris solo, Zach solo, slight overlaps like an all star band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was like an all stand and it was also buses. Yeah. Yeah, we're at that stage in our career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we hate each other.
Speaker 1: But uh so I didn't go up to Granby this weekend, but I might as well have because I also had a solo weekend, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So like if I had driven up, what is it about two hours?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: If I had driven up, waved to one of you for a minute and a half, and then driven home, it would have been the exact same thing. If I had gone up there and Nazeen just my trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I walked by.
Speaker 10: I saw Hawk in the bar, said hi, asked, He asked me if I wanted to drink. I said no. He asked me if he wanted any of the food he was eating. I said no. He said, I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Go to bed, hogs Daddy, And I knew you wanted to go to bed. So you know what, did you notice what I did for you?
Speaker 5: I gave you.
Speaker 3: I say you can go, buddy. You don't have to sit it with me. It's completely fine. You go about your day.
Speaker 2: It was about seven fifteen. I wanted to go to bed.
Speaker 3: The effort that you made to come say hi to me was all I needed.
Speaker 10: Well to be, to be honest with you, I was upstairs at the steakhouse, so it was.
Speaker 3: A minimum effort. But you walked down the stairs.
Speaker 2: But you did, but I could have gone the other way. And I said, we're going to go say hi to hogs Daddy. So we went down and said hi to hogs Daddy. Was a very nice moment. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And here's what I want to say, by the way, about about toomrs I, he he wanted nothing to do with me. He had a SAME's right same. He had a direction that he was going. And I might have been able to latch on to the to the Haley's Comet Trail. But he didn't. He didn't need me to be part of that. So when he says, dang, gang, let's do this together, what he means is, hey, gang, come watch me party.
Speaker 2: And say hi, correct yea.
Speaker 3: Which is completely cool because he's why I don't keep up. I can't keep up. I didn't try it. I knew I couldn't keep it.
Speaker 1: I like your Haley's Comet reference. Because essentially that's how a lot of the big Group Vegas trips have been as well. Right, we're all orbiting the strip on different time lengths and plans and pat drugs. Right, and then once in a while you'd be like, hey, I saw and you'll just name three random Power Trap members. Those three were at the sports book. Well are they still there now? No, that one went this way, this one went that way, and that one went this way exactly right then, But then you're like, oh, but then I saw Sauce at Caesar's Palace with John Bonus. Well yeah, but those two have split. It's just you just have to It's two ships crossing in the night. You just have to be at the right place at the right time. And wanted to be a couple of us, right, A couple of us will gather. Yeah, multiple speeds based on both intelligence and intoxication.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Correct, So then I if I may is echo. How did the how did the rest of the night go?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I I still got it.
Speaker 2: I guess I. We were.
Speaker 9: We were out tell bar close, you closed, and they're like they're old fashioned man. They go all the way to two.
Speaker 3: They oh my god, you stayed up till too. It was fate worse than hell. Yeah, if I'm up until untill two, I hit a deer. I have a flat tire.
Speaker 2: What did they catch on fire? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 9: But they had a very nice dance floor DJ. They had these like smoke machines that go off every once in a while. You were dancing an incredible incredible Oh yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: We were.
Speaker 9: We were all on the floor and about seven bachelor part used to every bachelorette party. So it was a great mix for me. Everybody else probably hated it, but a lot of dudes. Yeah, great dude scene, right scene, But it was a very bad ratio for the heterosexual males in that place.
Speaker 2: So have fun with that, everybody.
Speaker 3: But better though, because you know Thomas is a married man. It's fine, yeah, for sure. And he didn't see sexual man, Oh, you're right, never mind, Sorry, he didn't see him upset by the dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, he loved me, dude.
Speaker 3: And uh, And so you stayed out till two and then did you ever eat your food? I guess.
Speaker 2: He ate.
Speaker 9: I passed a lot of it around on the on the shuttle bus over there, and try to eat as much of it as I could, but I threw most of it out, which was really but that's the whole thing. I mean, it actually did. Have you guys mentioned Vegas? I you saw? I mean I was just standing there waiting for the food. Yeah, Tony Williams from Okay, Yeah, he's playing the north Woods Pub down there.
Speaker 3: I spent more time with Tony any of these suns a bitch.
Speaker 9: And then and then you show up, and then Tommy shows up, and it was just like and then all of a sudden, I go from waiting for food, like you said, maybe go back to my room whatever too. Now I'm on my way deservance for a night out. That again, would I would wouldn't return to my room till about two thirty am?
Speaker 3: Would you say it was a success. Would you say you had fun?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I didn't think like I said, I didn't think I had that in me. I didn't think that was a bar closer anymore, but found it.
Speaker 1: I only heard from one of you via texts, mainly because we don't text after nine o'clock right now never, But Zach texted me Friday nights essentially saying that he survived the rip Wendy's parking lot. Oh dear God, the potholes, because I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago when we were up there before the Wendy's Capmin restaurant closed down. The biggest pothole in a parking lot I've ever seen in my life. Oh yeah, and your vehicle survived barely.
Speaker 9: I mean it was crazy. I thought it was like a portal doing New Dimension. I went in there because I went to to lay some flowers out on the Yeah, some respect.
Speaker 2: Understood it's a euphemism.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and uh yeah, I even seeing it, and I'm like an idiot because I'm not avoiding it like I should have.
Speaker 2: And my car.
Speaker 9: I mean it's literally like at least a six six inch gap down there, like.
Speaker 2: I don't know it bottomed out. My ears started popping when I went down.
Speaker 1: It's bigger than the crater that killed the dinosaurs. Yeah, like it's gigantic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 1: That's why people stopped going to that Wendy's as they couldn't get around the crater and were tired of flat tired.
Speaker 3: There are people still in there waiting for a double double Bucky. Well, I'll say it was the most power trip weekend of all time. And uh, I, for one, learned a valuable lesson and uh I feel good about it. I uh I went, I saw him, I said hi, he knew I was there to support him, and then he went off about his business. That's all I can ask for. And I got to be at Grandview, which is my favorite place on the planet. It's gone to number one now level.
Speaker 2: It was so nice and the weather was it was perfect. The weather was perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know we were a good sixty miles from the forest fire, so that's good, yep, which was wow, man.
Speaker 2: I mean believable, unbelievable. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Driving there, I'm like, my god, look at the smoke.
Speaker 2: What's the update.
Speaker 3: It was sixty miles from the grand View area last time I heard up by Breezy point, I guess, and there are three different fires from what I was reading.
Speaker 10: So a friend of mine sent me the link as I was driving home that was up there with us, my buddy Brent, and I clicked on the Star Tribune story and it was under a paywall, so I moved on.
Speaker 3: So there's a fire. We just aren't allowed to read it. Yeah, we are allowed to know about it. Yeah, we might be driving right, we don't know. I'm not paying two dollars afore that fire. Not No, I'd rather burn than give you two dollars.
Speaker 1: Yep, damn you baywall.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: Final words, Corey, you missed it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you missed it.
Speaker 3: Sorry you weren't there.
Speaker 1: Wait, you could have been there, I wouldn't have known a great point. So here's why I brought it up fifteen minutes ago. I was there all weekend.
Speaker 3: You were not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all weekend?
Speaker 3: Wow, impressive, impressive.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: We would know I had you, but there would have been no review to know.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I also love that place, but yeah, I just the greatest.
Speaker 3: I'm buying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the best. It's the best. Yep, you know what else?
Speaker 10: You could buy gut her helmet, a gutter helmet men dot com never clean your gutters again.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fana Women.
Speaker 7: Is decades of country.
Speaker 3: Welcome back patch a morning.
Speaker 11: So here we are, Zacho's behind me, Saucy and Corey right over there, Ben Leber a little bit later.
Speaker 3: And a very special guest Walliam soon wallachs a little bit when he's calling in Zacho.
Speaker 2: Well, let me double check on that. I caepe forgetting.
Speaker 3: I think it's seven, but I'm not sure. But and also a very big surprise apparently.
Speaker 2: I am so excited.
Speaker 3: Interesting, interesting, what could it be?
Speaker 2: Can't wait? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I have guesses, but Zach won't even tell us. You won't tell us. It should be interesting anyway. That's what's going on there. Did you watch Saturday Life?
Speaker 2: Sure it didn't.
Speaker 3: I tried so hard to stay up. I watched the farce that was Ronda Ralsey and Gina Carano.
Speaker 1: I mean, what about Sea second, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not falling for it.
Speaker 2: I'm the problem.
Speaker 3: I'm the problem. I've got to quit watching that stuff. I'm the problem. I get a money grall. Yeah, she made good for them too.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. She made two something and and Coronto made seventeen or made a million. But it was seventeen seconds. Gina wasn't to say she wasn't in fighting shape. I'm not saying that she wasn't in good shape. I'm saying she wasn't prepared to fight a match. She hasn't.
Speaker 1: It was it was seventeen years right.
Speaker 3: Absolute joke, And I am embarrassed that I watched it, and I tried to watch Saturday Live and I fell asleep, and then luckily I watched yesterday because it was brilliant.
Speaker 2: Man, how do you beat Wilsare? Cannot He's just so good.
Speaker 10: Have you seen it sas well? I saw the Jeff the muz bit or whatever. Yeah, that's genius. That was laugh out loud funny. Did you see the doctor bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that was one.
Speaker 1: It was one of the first sketches of the night, and that was the one that stole the scene. It's Mikey got Mikey day to break about four times. But basically the concept was Will Ferrell's a doctor. He performs a gallbladder removal and then informs Mikey data during the procedure, which went well. The gallbladder was out and everything's fine. He accidentally removed his penis as well, and it's it's just the most perfectly written script for Will. I don't know if they wrote it for him or if it was one of those bits that you know, they had for the last couple of weeks, like when are we going to use this, but it definitely sounded like they wrote it for him.
Speaker 3: And how about this, ma'am, please.
Speaker 1: Don't be a bit? Yeah, when Ashley Vidiaz basically like, why would you remove my penis?
Speaker 5: Ma'am?
Speaker 2: Don't be a bit.
Speaker 5: Like this, ma'am?
Speaker 2: What did I say about being a bit?
Speaker 1: Play that hard?
Speaker 2: Good? That was gonna love that.
Speaker 10: That was the one where he saw the crowd control at Yeah for the kids things like I served and I read yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean at the cheesecakes I rack. Yeah. That was brilliant.
Speaker 3: Man. He's just great. He's just great.
Speaker 2: He's the best.
Speaker 1: And I know, you know, years ago they did the Chad Smith Will Ferrell thing on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon where they both came out and had a drum off and tried to dress identically and they whatever So the concept of Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Will Ferrell looking identical, that's not nothing. That's nothing, no, right, we've all heard that, but kind of awesome to have Will Ferrell be Jeffrey Epstein in the opening cold open, right the opening sketch, and then during the couple of seconds that it takes Will Ferrell to get situated when they announced Will Ferrell as the host, Chad Smith comes out and for the first sixty seconds just pretends that he's Will Ferrell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 1: And you know what it's funny is like if you don't know that Chad Smith is a thing, like, you know, my dad's not watching us now, but if my if somebody liked my dad is like, I know who Will Ferrell is.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about the Chili Peppers.
Speaker 1: When Chad Smith first walks out, it was probably like, what's wrong with Will Ferrell's face? Something off, like yeah, exactly, It's like that doesn't man, Will Ferrell's not aging well or something like he looks different, man.
Speaker 2: And then the real Will Ferrell comes.
Speaker 1: Out and you're like, man, those guys do really really look very similar. They definitely look like brothers. Yeah, it's a great bit. I accidentally removed your penis. When he's like when Mikey Day says something like I don't have any genitals, and Will Ferrell's no, you still have your testicle, and Mikey and Diego's singular hes so good. Oh look he's waking up, honey.
Speaker 2: The doctor wants to talk to you. A sleepy head.
Speaker 3: How you feeling a little out of it?
Speaker 8: That's anesthesia, will do that.
Speaker 5: That's the strong stuff.
Speaker 1: So the surgery was aces.
Speaker 5: We got the gallbladder out.
Speaker 2: Easy peasy. Uh.
Speaker 8: You'll have a teeny scar, but no one will see it unless you're a speedo guy.
Speaker 1: I am not probably best for everyone.
Speaker 2: I'm right there with you now.
Speaker 8: There is one other thing I want to briefly touch Ony. Okay, during the surgery, some wires got crossed and I accidentally removed your penis.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm still very out of it.
Speaker 4: What you accidentally removed my husband's penis?
Speaker 1: That's correct, and I feel awful.
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: How could this happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, great question, Okay, cool.
Speaker 8: Look in surgery, a nurse said, don't forget to remove and clean this referring to a surgical trick. Okay, what I heard was, don't forget to remove his penis.
Speaker 2: So I did.
Speaker 8: And uh, it's just one of those things, just.
Speaker 1: One of those things. Can it Can it be reattached?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? If we still have it?
Speaker 8: What And here's here's where you might get a little mythed.
Speaker 1: Might get a little myth. After I cut it off, I dropped it down.
Speaker 8: The bioways shoote which goes right to the flash furnace. Uh so your penis was cremated, which just sucks.
Speaker 2: It just sucks.
Speaker 3: And to see his face, I mean, he's he's just great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great, truly for at least for me. He's like Mount Rushmore of guys that could read the phone book and I would still laugh.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. Everything he says makes me laugh.
Speaker 1: He's hilarious to the point where I don't understand people that don't find Will Farrell funny.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like, what are you looking for to laugh at them? If you don't find that guy funny. But there's a lot of people that don't think he's funny. Yeah, I don't he hilarious or whatever? Yeah, yea, so good. How about the do you see the more proof social media sucks? Not that anybody needed to know that social media sucks, but it does. You see the amount of hate McCartney got. No, I figured he was basically just like, God, the guys should just hang it up, like he doesn't have it anymore. He sounds like ass like give it up, buddy. It's like the guys what in his eighties?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah? And it's freaking Paul McCartney.
Speaker 1: So who cares if the songs that he's saying seemed a little bit like, you know, low energy or something. He's still doing better than you are. She's a beatle, he's a beatle.
Speaker 3: Was it the first time they ever ended the show with a a musical artist playing another song? I'd never seen it had that before.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Yeah, not sure about. How about Colin Joe's during that wearing the bald cap? You see, guys, I did see that kind to kind of yeah exactly to kind of conclude the weekend up to a joke, which was a great bit as well. Yeah, as always the joke swap that's great. Love I do too, always will and if we ever get to meet our new friend Tommy Brennan, who's going to host that thing that you're at.
Speaker 2: At the Amphitheater.
Speaker 1: We can now officially ask him, and maybe we'll ask him in front of Marnie down there. What's it like to have Molly Shannon grab your jonk?
Speaker 3: I mean not just grab it, like really.
Speaker 1: Got in there, right, really got in there?
Speaker 5: He really did?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she definitely can you know, could pick him out of a lineup.
Speaker 2: I think she could give him a physically.
Speaker 1: Definitely front Page Sports in a second. Speaking of Marnie Marney want a bunch of money?
Speaker 2: Yesterday Chris had a shot at it.
Speaker 1: For most of the day, man, you were just sitting in the clubhouse hoping to hold on, hopeful a win. But John rom Lake got Marny the money. We'll talk about that later. This is the Power Trip Morning Joe on the fan.
Speaker 4: You're one stop for advertising called eight four four eight four four iHeart.
Speaker 1: From the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: This report is spout girls.
Speaker 9: We have the Power Trip, bringing in the party to the Island. Join the guys of Treasure Island. May twenty eighth and twenty ninth, for two unforgettable shows full of games, laughs, and huge prizes including Vegas trips. Book You're stay and save twenty percent with promo code Kfan, plus a special announcement that's worth the triple od details of kfan dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do this. I'm sure sports did happen this weekend.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 9: Time now for front paid Sports presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stores by two get one free when it comes to red Bull for a limited time, including the summer edition. But you can mix and match any flavors of red Bull that you wanted. Holiday by two get one free red Bull at Holiday.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, Holiday whales, wake up at Holiday? Did all of you go to the Royalton Holiday? Of course? Yeah? I wave on the way back.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, is it quickly turning into the toma of going north? Is that you are required to stop at the Royalton Holiday? Yeah, it's like an apples, a geographical odity. Yeah, it's two weeks, two weeks from everywhere. Aaron Raye won the PGA Championship, his first major title and the first English born golfer to win the PGA since nineteen nineteen. Wow, until he did it, doesn't that seem impossible?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems impossible.
Speaker 1: The first time they threw the stet up that no one born in England specifically had won since nineteen nineteen, I'm like, that can't be right. Somebody fact checked that. Of course they wouldn't throw it out there. They're broadcasting the PGA. Of course it's right, but like, wow, how is that a thing? But it is first one since nineteen nineteen. He's had a five under, sixty five nine under for the tournament and a thirty one on the back nine and the shot that he'll remember and then anybody that watched that tournament will remember it was the nearly seventy footer on the par three seventeenth to clinch it. Right, That was the final that was outstanding, and you know, he'll take the win and all of that, but like they had like six seven groups to go through before he finished, and it was like it was kind of non There wasn't a lot of drama to.
Speaker 2: It, right, because he pulled away on his back nine.
Speaker 10: The closest guy was Rom who was six under, and Rom didn't have a shot right. Once Rom parted out on eighteen, You're like, oh, okay, no one else could catch him and then they just had to wait. But yeah, everybody says he's the nicest guy on tour. Everybody congratulated him after he won. It was sweet sauce. You like golf, I do. I hope you didn't read this. I hope you didn't see this. But if you did, if I did, I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: But reading and knowing is learning that that counts as knowing something. But Aaron Raie non American? Right, non American? He is the first non American to win the PGA since twenty and fifteen. Who was the last non American to win the PGA championship? H Rory That was two thousand and fourteen. You missed it by one year. One year after that it was also a non American. This is tricky.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think this will help, but you never know.
Speaker 1: You watch a lot of Golfah, he won it at Whistling Straits in Wisconsin. Is it somebody I would know? Yeah, a huge name. It was a much bigger name ten years ago. But he's still in the mix.
Speaker 2: Once in a while, it was a guy's name VJ. Sing No.
Speaker 3: Guest name.
Speaker 1: He is a three letter last name. I have no idea Trivia, give me another clue. He's not from North America. He's not from South America. He's not from Europe. He's not from Antarctica. He's not from Africa. He's not from.
Speaker 3: Asia's from Australia.
Speaker 2: Jason D.
Speaker 1: Jason Day is the last non American to win.
Speaker 10: Yeah, great pick by you hawk you almost he he played early, went five under, He was even to start his round and he played really good and.
Speaker 2: He he it almost looked like Thomas. Yeah, Justin Thomas.
Speaker 10: It almost looked like he was going to hang on and be able to like maybe get into a playoff or something.
Speaker 2: But great pick.
Speaker 1: But for the Power Trip bet, even though down the stretch it looked like Aaron Raie maybe Maddy Schmid was gonna was going to beat Justin Thomas for the bet. Though for a while there Chris was still in the Power Trip lead even though it looked like he wasn't going to win the tournament.
Speaker 2: And then John ram Laid got hot.
Speaker 10: I think he had a birdie on seventeen that helped, and that passed Marnie over Chris.
Speaker 2: So, Chris, you finished what tied for second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Marnie at the last second and John ram scoops the power Trip bet, so she wins the bet but doesn't double it. So she won eight hundred dollars. Yeah, not sixteen.
Speaker 2: And was the victim of a lot of ties and all that.
Speaker 10: Hit like a twenty six foot pot on eighteen to get me to four under, which also got me tied for fourth place to.
Speaker 1: Keep the hundred.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 9: I went back to the draft on Wednesday, just watched the replay and you should have seen Rosie's face when you took Justin Thomas Hockey.
Speaker 2: That was his guy, it was, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I sniped.
Speaker 2: Him so close? So well, didn't he want Aaron Rye? He did? He did?
Speaker 5: He did?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why didn't he take him? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think he feels guilty sometimes taking the winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wanted that Schmid guy too, right, he did? Yes?
Speaker 1: And Alex Smalley, Wow, those were basically his top three or four.
Speaker 3: He was styled have his paper over here that yeah, I liked out of the garbage to save.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, and he was real pissed when Parrish took Bryson, who was like eight old Rover.
Speaker 3: I know, I hope he didn't ruin dinner with Kevin in Chicago.
Speaker 2: By did he go to did he go to Bailey's grad party?
Speaker 1: He did not?
Speaker 2: What you go to Alex's graand party? No, Abby's No. Did he go to the birth of Hendrick Zucker? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes he was there, Yes, yes he was there. Louis Lambert was born. H't show up to that? What are who's closer to?
Speaker 2: Hmm?
Speaker 3: Interesting? Great picture though? Really they looked like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they looked really happy.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 10: Alec Lewis said it to me because what he told Alec on Thursday or Wednesday was correct.
Speaker 2: He wanted Alec wanted me to know that he Rosie's not a liar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you going to do?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 3: How about that Wolves team of years?
Speaker 5: Man? Here's what did you hear?
Speaker 3: What Finish said after the game. He said, I'm just glad the season's over.
Speaker 2: These seasons are long.
Speaker 12: They throw up a lot of adversity, some of it we handled well, so we didn't proud of us down the stretch when it mattered in the playoffs and trying to overcome a lot of things from a you know, personnel standpoint. So it's it's really hard to kind of like right on the heels of the seasons that really kind of you know, put a grade on it.
Speaker 3: You know, like in a lot of the tellings of the Dracula story, he is begging somebody to kill him. That's what I feel like with Finch, Well please fire me.
Speaker 1: It's crazy about this, what's crazy about sports in general. The Wolves have essentially gone outside of a couple of years, right outside of a small window with Kevin Garnett, we've basically gone thirty five years being the laughing stock of the NBA. Then three seasons ago you make the Western Conference Finals. Two seasons ago, you make the Western Conference Finals again.
Speaker 2: This season you make the final eight.
Speaker 1: And so Final four, Final four, Final eight, and it's like this team blows right. It's our standards changed so quickly that getting to the final eight feels like a gigantic waste of our time. Right, But it's also based on the talent. Is I don't think Dante DiVincenzo is the difference between and winning the title and losing the title, But obviously it minimizes our chances to find an upset. Same thing with having Io missed a couple of games, we had Ant miss a handful of games, but somehow Jade McDaniels went into beast mode and we still beat the Nuggets without him. I don't think we are better than the Spurs. I don't think we're better than Okac, but it just sucks to get this close and not give it our best chance.
Speaker 3: Can Ant take off the entire season and only play in the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Man, Well, how about his comments?
Speaker 2: Did you hear?
Speaker 1: He basically said what we all as fans have been saying all year that the take was, you can't just flip the switch. Look at the Spurs in the Thunder. They take the regular season seriously. They dominate, They go to work on a nightly basis. And Ant basically said, we didn't build championship habits during the regular season.
Speaker 2: And it's like some of that's on him though too.
Speaker 1: I know it sounds like he's projecting like the rest of the team just didn't try hard enough. It's like, no, Ant also needs to play like the playoffs most of the time y're in there. You have to build that in the season. They definitely coasted. Oh he's saying, what's the difference. So what we'll make to the postseason, we'll just kick some ass. And that worked with Denver, Yeah, doesn't work again, Spurs, doesn't work against the Okac thunder.
Speaker 2: The mass Spurs.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 10: The mass changes between now in July probably fourth.
Speaker 2: Are going to be unbelievable.
Speaker 10: Oh you think, Oh yeah, Randal will be gone as early as they can trade him.
Speaker 2: He skipped the exit intern I think they'll trade Rudy.
Speaker 10: I think they will find Oh yeah, I think they're going to make mass changes to this roster because they know how small the window is with ant.
Speaker 2: I know what is he twenty four?
Speaker 10: Yeah, something in that range, twenty four whatever, he is, twenty three to twenty four. Eventually, he's not gonna want to put up with a team that can't care help him. He needs somebody that can take away the scoring threat. And when there's basically like rumors that Randall tanked it so he wouldn't it traded because he didn't want to like move or anything like, you.
Speaker 2: Can't have that.
Speaker 10: He he literally Randall was awful these these games against against the Spurs and doesn't do the exit interview. Basically Old lays it in game whatever the game was on Game five on Friday.
Speaker 2: Terrible, just hideous. Here's what he said, He'll be traded immediately.
Speaker 3: That's skipping the exit interview.
Speaker 5: I am tired.
Speaker 3: There is that he's tired, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Game six was an embarrassment that that was an absolute train.
Speaker 3: Because there's no whimby out there for us to go get. What are we going to do about that?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: And the Ja Morant rumors make me sick to my stomach. Screw that?
Speaker 1: Who I don't want John Morant?
Speaker 2: Was it Kirk?
Speaker 1: I don't know who suggested it do, but probably was.
Speaker 2: He throws out such garbage.
Speaker 3: Stick to polity and drop foot get together and they just make up rumors.
Speaker 2: Do they really?
Speaker 1: I like when when political people tell us to stick to sports, So can't we tell Kurt Bills to stick to politics?
Speaker 2: Throwing out John Morant rumors.
Speaker 3: Kurt, it's like talking to the stick to God, Yeah, stick to God. You know what, Let me handle the humor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, leave it to us, man, Yeah, it's I don't know. It's a week ago. We felt both teams had an outside chance. We knew the Wild were dogs against the Avalanche, but some things can go the right way we can do this. The gap wasn't as big as we thought. We can do this.
Speaker 2: No, that was not the case.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, could the stars align and maybe then we just get absolutely boat raced in game six? And look, I know I'm personally cheering for the Spurs because my dad called it at thirty five to one. I want my dad to win this bet so badly, and technically I have a ticket to but I don't make nearly as much money as he does. It's more about my dad just calling it right. I want him to say that he had a thirty five to one come in. So partially this is my heart, but it's also my head.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: This Spurs one four out of five against Okay, see during the season, and I think three of them are by double digits.
Speaker 3: They will beat them.
Speaker 2: They can do it.
Speaker 3: They will.
Speaker 2: I'll take the thunder. Well, they're the favorites.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're going to give me right, You're gonna have to give us my fifty verses your hundred in the series.
Speaker 1: I'll see how close it is. Yeah, let me see the old DraftKings line for the series.
Speaker 3: Bring in logic.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys can do whatever you want. I'm just looking for myself. Yeah, I'm in for that, bet.
Speaker 2: Sure, ma'am.
Speaker 10: Please don't be a bit yeah, a bit, am, I I mean.
Speaker 3: So you'll take it my fifty to ye hundred, Yeah, in the entire seat. Okay, cool, I don't care. Yeah, that's probably close to what it is I took San Antonio. Okay, good, I'll tell you. Umm, mark it down, bets.
Speaker 2: Hey hawk, how pumped are you for August fifteenth?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you this noon.
Speaker 2: At New York.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I again, we talked about this. I have a show that night, so I can't go on the first road trip. But I'm just so excited because it's a new game. Yeah, so I'll be able to watch it before my gig.
Speaker 2: Yeah hell yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, the Spurs are plus two ten, so almost exactly two to one.
Speaker 2: So that's care sweet, good done, well done, hugs.
Speaker 3: Yep, it'd be football season for you know it? Here we go, Yeah, let's go. And the Twins. You know they're heating up.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean they're not cooling down right, they're hovering. They almost didn't get swept.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, there's three and three in their last six they're hovering.
Speaker 3: They're play baseball up in this joint? Am I right?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, go san Antonio Spurs, san Antonio Spurs, let's go.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 3: Now I got money on him, so I'm ritten for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you watch all of it, right, let's go. Did you guys see that? I didn't know this until like three days ago. Do you know that Checked and Wenby have like legitimate bad blood.
Speaker 2: I guess they do not care for each other.
Speaker 1: Chet no, no, no, Chet from Minnesota. He plays for the Oklahoma City Thunder. I guess yeah, they have no love I guess for each other, which is weird because normally even the best players in the NBA are like, well, we're all brothers and sisters here, let's just be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess they have bad blood.
Speaker 1: Like Taylor Swift wrote about, yeah, the same thing, and sure.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Did you ever see the movie the What's Their Face movie that you want to.
Speaker 1: Go see Billie Eilish Girls to go Still is showing you know, oh, they don't want to go. Well, I mean we saw yourself, we saw the real show, So I guess their motivation to go see it on film is is pretty low with you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, like, why why would Why would that be a thing I did the same thing with when I went by its pilot, saw the show twice in two different cities, and then went to the movie too.
Speaker 1: Why don't we treat that movie's act like you guys treated Grandview. Why don't I go by myself? You go by myself and we'll both say we saw it.
Speaker 3: Do what I did, and then just leave.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: More of the power trim.
Speaker 2: Money too after this, including Ben leeber on the Fan.
Speaker 3: A fan along with big deck dot Com want to help you win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 9: Hey, bonus Bucks is back on KFA and we have nine chances for you to win one thousand dollars every weekday. That's every hour from nine a m. Til five p m. Twenty of the keywords learn more how a Cafe dot Com Bonus Box is presented by big deck dot Com.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, six twenty five. It's Monday, and it's chillier out there. It's gonna be a chillier tomorrow to it's quite the sea change after that storm last night which just raged through. Yeah, that's greasy, Yeah, woke up in my My clocks were blinking at me.
Speaker 2: You're power went out?
Speaker 3: You must have yeah, yeah, it must time. Yeah yeah it was time.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was greasy but light. Yeah sweet.
Speaker 1: So why you have to trust the alarm on your phone?
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I've got, multiple, multiple ones, you know. I will say this as well in regards to our golf bed Corey. I got back from my motorcycle ride and climbed off my motorcycle and I a text from lawyer Lambert that said you might win this money, and I'm like, dude, I should turn it on. And then next text was this ended an hour ago. So that tells you I was not exactly tuned in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your your daddy keeps he kept me up to date. Yeah, man, you had a chance.
Speaker 3: I had a shot. Yeah, And Bets, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Got what got the last pick and missed the cut?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: I mean, uh yeah, that's why you want That's why Ben quick, right, that's why Liebert doesn't like this bit. But it'll do the masters.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Next, and Bets is now in for the US Open because he's got a shot at the one picky. Right, We'll keep taking his money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so does Rosie. What pick did Marnsie have three?
Speaker 1: Yes, somewhere in that range.
Speaker 3: Who had the first pick? I can't remember?
Speaker 10: Well, uh he took uh, Kim he took yeah, right, Tommy took Rory and Marns took rob.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Hey, at least Gorg didn't win again. His guy missed the cut. True, let's slow him down.
Speaker 3: Literally, A guy I didn't know existed on our planet won the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, good for him though.
Speaker 1: Freaking Gorg almost beat me on Friday, right, Gorg and Adra almost had me and counted on the ropes and it's a it's you know, it's the genius of that game is when you are the trailing team and password there's nothing the leading team can do if you get hot, and they got hot and we almost got sniped.
Speaker 2: We got very lucky to get out of there with a win.
Speaker 3: Do they follow the same rules that the TV show Fellow followed?
Speaker 1: I mean sort of sort of, not necessarily the scoring system, but similar similar that got it yet, man, we were on the ropes. Wow, who do you play now? I don't know, but almost dispatched in round one? That would that would have been an upset. We pulled away, had a huge lead, but then they locked in and hit like three or four home runs and all of a sudden, are we gonna lose this?
Speaker 2: And they had.
Speaker 1: Control and went first and if they got it right, they would have walked off winners. We were stuck at seventy nine points. Oh whoopsie ye that was close. Wow, that was a full sweat we were. We were relieved. Great game on out of Audrin kg. Well, I'm glad you won on Friday.
Speaker 2: Thanks. When do you play the twenty eighth? Oh?
Speaker 1: Still a waste?
Speaker 10: So a week from Thursday, Crisla and I against I think Parker and Max, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know if max O can. Well did you see his latest update? No, it might be eight.
Speaker 1: Weeks now that he still has the damn dude, like another four but like eight totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it Sucksikes, that's not gig no.
Speaker 1: SGA one his second consecutive NBA MVP. It's twenty seven years old. How about this for a set. Every single player that is also retired that has ever won consecutive MVPs, every single one of them is in the Basketball Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Woh so, who won this?
Speaker 2: Time Sga he beat the Joker and Wemby. Those are the other two finalists.
Speaker 1: An Sga plays for the Oklahoma City Thunder and stands for j Gilgess. Alexander went to Kentucky. Always draft a player from kid.
Speaker 3: You always say that, and we did that one time. It didn't work out.
Speaker 2: It's the only time.
Speaker 5: Cat.
Speaker 3: How's he playing force now?
Speaker 1: And you got us?
Speaker 2: Julius Randall, I think it's flying Colors.
Speaker 3: Hey, let me ask you a question. Would Kat have anything for Wemby?
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody has, right. I think you did.
Speaker 1: It is truly the nineties Sports Center mantra of you can't stop him.
Speaker 2: You can only hope to contain them.
Speaker 3: Which put Bill Lamber out there and just have him slug him.
Speaker 2: What if you put to do that, bills him for Nott there?
Speaker 1: What if you put doctor Mark loban Off in doctor David Whiting, Because what really matters is brought to you by Ovo Lasik and lens doctor Mark logan Off and doctor David Whiting or the legends of Lasik. Maybe they could slow down Wemby. Yeah by like undoing his Lasick. That would slow him down. Yeah, yeah, man, I don't know if lacy can be undone.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, that's a good question. I know that, like if you get fixed, they can undo that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, oh the Lasik and lens.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that it's referred to as getting fixed, like you were broken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're in season. You go to a therapist to get fixed. The pet goes to the veterinarian to get fixed. What really matters, though, is this all right?
Speaker 3: So drive along? Drive along? And I saw something somewhere between Rogers and grand View that said no frills. And I thought to myself, what the sweet hell is a frill? And have you ever gone to a place and said there's too many frills?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: It's one of those words we all use, never think about what the actual meaning is.
Speaker 3: Do you have any guests? I mean in order to come refers to products or services to provide only the basics, without extra features or amenities. We all know that that means no frills. I've never heard anybody say, come here, we've got the frills, right, What the hell are the frills?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: By the way, good band name, I might use that? What do you think a frill is? And Zach if you know please jump in. I didn't know what a frill is until this morning.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to logically break this down.
Speaker 1: Right, right, do we think this is an old West term? Or do we think we go like medieval times?
Speaker 2: Like how far back? You ink we're going great place?
Speaker 1: By the way, Yeah, I went there with a made.
Speaker 10: Up person, know me will bucklin and win again. I feel so bad for it was the time in my life that was It was one of those like standby, I mean moments.
Speaker 2: It was outstanding. I needed that.
Speaker 1: It was super fun and I don't believe you were you. I think I was seventeen. Yeah, right, if you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was. Yeah, it was a great moment in my life.
Speaker 3: Joleon, all right, I'm taking guesses on what a frill is. Come on, give it to me name.
Speaker 1: No frill feels like it's a clothing reference of some kind, does it not?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's the most I can come up with is that it's related to some kind of clothing.
Speaker 9: Wrinkles Like yeah, that's not bad, like good wrinkles, not like bad wrinkles, like like your wrinkling.
Speaker 2: It feels like like is it a dry clean frills?
Speaker 1: Would be flamboyantly added things to clothing. So if you have no frills, it's just like, just give me the normal pants. Don't put frills on it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like those seven different pants hockey heads. He definitely has spurs.
Speaker 2: That jingle jangle jingle, they.
Speaker 3: Still have those if they didn't weigh thirty pounds.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have to sing that song in elementary school? Yeah? Sure, God that song sucked.
Speaker 3: Songs like sixteen Miles on the ERI can Oh. Yeah, I love that song.
Speaker 2: Are we close? You are nailing it? I'm nailing it.
Speaker 3: A decorative gathered strip of fabric like a ruffle used to trim clothing or home decor figure till he refers to an unnecessary, luxurious extra.
Speaker 5: So there you go.
Speaker 2: No frills.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: That's nice, thank you.
Speaker 1: No frill frills? Oh god, look at how many frills Ben has on. Oh he's covering Ben.
Speaker 2: No frills show he take those strills off. No, keep in mind, calm down.
Speaker 3: I like the nipple frills.
Speaker 2: That band name is not quite as good.
Speaker 3: No you don't think that's all all right?
Speaker 5: Whatever?
Speaker 2: The nipple frills.
Speaker 1: Ronda Rousey got Gina Carano to submit by arm bar in seven teen seconds. Rounder Rousey is thirty nine years old, Krono is forty four. Coronto hadn't had an MMA fight in seventeen years. Krono was not able to even throw a single punch. She got taken down, she got punched in the face a handful of times, and then got armbard and it was over in seventeen seconds. Ben, What a waste of time.
Speaker 5: I know you've got your you've got your face in your hand. It's my fault the same way it's my fault.
Speaker 3: It's my fault.
Speaker 5: Everything's your fault.
Speaker 3: It's my fault because I continue to watch these stupid things.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you as a question, though, because you guys like those kind of combat sports more than them. Yeah, if this is two boxers in their prime, they're both twenty six years old, and it's the two best boxers on the planet, and it's six months of hype saying so and so and so and so are battling this. You know they're both undefeated. This is like maybe two of the greatest boxes that we've ever seen. And one of them goes Mike Tyson on it and knocks the other one out in forty six seconds, right, you'd say, God, dang it, did you see that fight?
Speaker 2: That was unbelievable?
Speaker 1: Right, But these older money grabs, celebrity boxing and MMA fights, I think Hawk nailed it. The public keeps falling forward and the only way to stop them is to stop watching them. That's like my guesses you wouldn't feel you've you've paid for a whole bunch of pay per views in the past, have you not? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, both of them.
Speaker 1: How often do you feel like you get robbed when you do that? Now, this was Netflix correct to tell you this was free, I mean Flix free, right, Yeah, But when you've paid in the past for pay per viewed either MMA or boxing matches, how what percentage of the time do you feel like you get ripped off? At least half the time?
Speaker 2: Half?
Speaker 5: So I would say this though, when it comes to MMA versus boxing, the undercard sometimes is worth it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they do a really good job of hedging their bets, where, hey, you've got the main event, we're going to prop it up, We're going to talk about it for months and months and months. Oh, by the way, we have these other these other fights that are happening, I mean and The thing is, it's not just like two fights.
Speaker 1: There's like like eight fights, and it's like showed all of those on Saturday or whatever Saturday.
Speaker 2: Honestly I didn't.
Speaker 5: They did.
Speaker 3: And the fight right before the Diaz, I should say, the Rowsy and Uh was a fight which was like a massacre.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was blood.
Speaker 3: They had to clean the ring after.
Speaker 2: You have to see it.
Speaker 3: She said, it was terrible.
Speaker 1: I couldn't.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe there was so much blood all over Diaz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody was getting stabbed.
Speaker 2: It was terrible.
Speaker 3: I mean it was unbelievable, the amount of blood.
Speaker 1: Coming out of his face everywhere.
Speaker 5: So that is that is the one thing that I would say that they do a better job of than boxing is that it's worth it just for the hype of the energy of it. And you're watching. You get to watch eight fights. Let's just say, I'm just thrown out a number. But you get to watch a lot of fights, and then the idea that those are all gonna be clunkers is pretty low.
Speaker 1: So this is the anti like first Sauce and I who always say like we just want to show up for the liner. We don't want to see the opening bands because we're too old. You're saying MMA in boxing, but specifically MMA. If you're gonna go or pay for the pay per view, you got to watch the whole thing, not just to have Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean would I would say if the telecast starts at six o'clock or something. I'm not saying to jump on soon. I'm not saying that you have to jump on from six o'clock to midnight.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean if you're going to midnight six to midnight. If you guys, remember when I went to Vegas at one time, just on a whim, I went to the UFC fight and I watched the first four matches and I was out of there by five point thirty. Wow, that's how many undercards there were.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the main one starts like at one am out there, you know.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what time it's still like yeah, like maybe yeah, maybe ten or nine or ten, but yeah, still pretty late. And it all depends on how long the fights are on the undercart, right, if you get a couple like there were on Saturday that lasted fifteen seconds, the entire thing. Here's the problem I had with Saturday night. And I'm so darm I watched it. I'm so angry at myself. It was it was the WWE masking itself as UFC because it wasn't a UFC fight. It was this thing that Jake paul OANs and and so it was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: It had the flavor of big time wrestling, with the hype of we're going to see two of the greatest fights. Even when Ronda took out Gina, the guy made it sound like it was the greatest thing he'd ever seen. It was seventeen second moron, wow, and I love it. It's if it's a nineteen second knockout, you're like like what Tyson used to You're like song of a banch.
Speaker 5: It's the greatest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: This was an arm bar at seventeen.
Speaker 1: Seconds, in which means she just wasn't technically prepared to fight for the first time.
Speaker 3: And God bless her.
Speaker 5: She made money.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy for that's good. I just I'm the problem. I'm not doing it again.
Speaker 1: Ben, beat my ass face.
Speaker 5: Just beat Here's here's the deal. Don't say that quite yet, because we have to cheer on our guy Gable. He fights on July thirteenth, it's Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Did they say who was gonna be yet?
Speaker 5: It's July eleventh, July eleventh, Okay, hold on, Alicia Ellison, I don't know, it's you know, it'll be problematic.
Speaker 1: No, but that's what I am gonna stand up and say. I'm against this wholeheartedly.
Speaker 5: But here's the cool thing. So Patty Pimblet, Patty the Battie. Yeah, you've met him, I've met him. He's the co main event. And then Connor McGregor makes his return that night as well.
Speaker 2: So that's what that was all about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So so those are real fighters.
Speaker 5: So on that on the night that Gable is going to make his UFC debut, he's got two huge fights that he's gonna be able to watch after his fight.
Speaker 1: But again, don't fall for the same trick because it's cool that McGregor's coming back, but he's facing Paul McCartney.
Speaker 2: Is he really again?
Speaker 1: If you watch us and l this weekend, that it's just not going to be a fair fight.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Connor's for dude, don't do a strategy when you fight, Sir Paul mccartnin.
Speaker 3: If he don't, some to me, is gonna about to beat him off.
Speaker 5: How do you say this name? I'm gonna try to spell this if you guys can picture this, l O n E apostrophe e R.
Speaker 2: That's a first name.
Speaker 3: L O n E apostrophe e R long air air. Maybe he's a loaner dotty.
Speaker 2: Loaner dotty, a rebel without a cause.
Speaker 1: Somebody asked chat EPT, Oh wait, no co pilot?
Speaker 2: Oh you weren't here? Were you here for this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Do we get schoolded?
Speaker 1: Make sure you only use co pilot at iHeart said, I heard, I heard you don't don't ever use lad or chat GPT. Have you do the same thing? I mean, I'm not doing that. I'm gonna use whatever one's I want. By the way, well what a rebel I am?
Speaker 3: You are?
Speaker 2: Look out, wow, look at me? Just on east. Absolutely use whatever AI I want? What are you saying?
Speaker 1: Alics?
Speaker 3: Just kind of a badass? E L I s h A. Alicia Ellison is the guy's name. He's five and two.
Speaker 1: You almost have to be if that's your first Yeah, you have to yeah, otherwise you're gonna get your ask.
Speaker 2: He's five to two.
Speaker 3: He's five and two.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know though, some of these wrestlers, though, they're pretty given gravity.
Speaker 3: He's giving up thirty pounds a gable god round. He might rip his head off, but you never know, right, That's the good thing about a real fight.
Speaker 2: The Panther is that what they call him name?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the snack Panther.
Speaker 3: He said snack because I thought you said something else. I was like, Wow, what a great nickname name of my first record with my new band, which is called uh Frills.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Frill Frill Frills not a bad name.
Speaker 5: M m.
Speaker 1: We'll do more of what really matters with Ben Lieber after this. This is the Power to the Morning Joe on the Fan from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back, Patrick Morty show. Ben Leber's here. First time we've talked to him in person since the schedule release. We'll talk about all that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, hell yeah, Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: The schedule didn't come out until the later that night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Thursday night. I'm officially your broadcasting.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, did you like when I jumped on late? I did?
Speaker 3: I love the whole saying I took such pleasure in the entire I really did. These guys will tell you. I was having so much.
Speaker 2: Fun and we have not talked to you since PA couldn't find his hat? What what did I find this?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Remember when he disappeared trying to find the Cleveland.
Speaker 5: Brother Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. When I brought Stefanski that he's in Atlanta now and all of a sudden, he's like, oh yeah, I mean he just like got up and left. I'm like, well, I guess I was telling Peanut like, I guess we're just rudderless.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess that's what you said.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: I was like, we just sit here until he again. Was there a chance he didn't understand that it was also on the radio. Did you think it was just a live stream? Is it possible?
Speaker 5: I very much think that he forgot he was on the radio. I loved it.
Speaker 3: I was listening the whole time and I was like, this is the most I can't believe it. I love it. And you guys him every time they would go okay, the next matchup is, oh, that's a good one. Oh, and I'd be like, who is that?
Speaker 5: Because the graphic would flash up on the screen.
Speaker 1: And I wasn't saying it I was driving. I loved it so much.
Speaker 3: I had so much pleasure.
Speaker 5: You know, let's just say there's some things to work out. I think when we're gonna do a simulcast on that as we're streaming live. Yeah, got to pay attention to the other audience.
Speaker 2: That's just the greatest.
Speaker 1: All right, should we do more of what really matters?
Speaker 3: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go back to the PGA for a second.
Speaker 1: Aaron Raye won the pg Championship again, his first major title, first English born golfer to win the PGA in over a century since nineteen nineteen. Shout out to the rip beer. But I got a couple of stats that we care about, because what's the best thing on the planet, sauce betting on golf, gambling in general, Yes, gambling.
Speaker 2: So Aaron Rai wins just under three point seven.
Speaker 1: Million for first. Good for him, But check these numbers out. DraftKings at one point had him at two hundred and ninety to one, Caesar's two hundred to one bet NBM won fifty to one.
Speaker 2: Westgate had him at two hundred to one.
Speaker 1: He was even eighteen to one entering Sunday that's how little faith people still had.
Speaker 2: In him, even you know in the mix quote unquote for Sunday.
Speaker 1: So in the last at least the last twenty years, he is the longest shot to win a major. The two closest Phil Michelson in twenty one when he won the PGA was two hundred to one, and Louis Eustaysen in ten to win the Open. Yeah, was two hundred to one. Now again a couple of these had him at two hundred to one. But again at one point, DraftKings had him at two ninety to one.
Speaker 2: Isn't that nuts? That's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So a handful of people want a good chunk of money, but they're saying the sports books did really well because very, very very few people actually had money on him.
Speaker 3: Whatever happened to Louis Ustie Who's I don't know you, but you named your son after him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good, true?
Speaker 1: I did. Yeah, try this one, Sauce, you're a sports guy. I mean everybody can try, but you go first. What was Aaron Rie's world golf ranking. I assume it's going up, but before this weekend, what was he ranked worldwide in the world golf ranking?
Speaker 2: One fifteen fifteen, Benjamin.
Speaker 9: One, seventy one, Christopher sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Zach knows golf. See this what's crazy about golf. It seems like he's a gigantic long shot because gambling perspective.
Speaker 2: He was forty fourth in the world.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, he was ranked forty fourth, but that's how little faith they had in him to get this done.
Speaker 3: He's kind of built.
Speaker 2: Yeah house.
Speaker 5: He ran forty fourth in the world and we've never.
Speaker 2: Heard of him.
Speaker 1: I've heard I've heard of him. Yeah, I've seen him play before. I just didn't know that he was capable of winning a major.
Speaker 10: He wears two gloves, that's kind of his bit. And he has Teddy covers on all of his clubs because when he was a kid, his family couldn't afford it.
Speaker 2: So when they got him nice stuff, he took care of it.
Speaker 10: And he I think he said he wears two gloves because he played, always would play in the cold.
Speaker 3: And that was just from Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nebraska, Yeah, England. I just don't know where in England.
Speaker 2: Where in England is he from?
Speaker 3: Hock Nebraska, England? Yeah, that's what I said.
Speaker 2: Where's Andy from in England?
Speaker 5: It's desolate.
Speaker 3: What did I say? That's like by the sea.
Speaker 1: He is from something called Wolverhampton, England. Yeah, that's his birthplace at least also known as Nebraska, Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton.
Speaker 5: I love that man.
Speaker 2: That's cool, cool, that's pretty good man. This is nuts.
Speaker 1: According to ESPN dot com, Aaron Rice five eleven and ways what.
Speaker 3: He's built.
Speaker 5: You're asking what he waged? Sure, five eleven.
Speaker 3: Seven.
Speaker 1: You can tell he didn't watch is sow two hundred.
Speaker 2: He is five eleven one fifty.
Speaker 3: One jays just a little guy. He looks like you Bilt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is good.
Speaker 1: Good for forty? What is John d We listened to it on his motorcycle. Wait doesn't translate through the radiover.
Speaker 2: That is when my dad texted him. Your guy almost pulled it out, and he said, I'll watch.
Speaker 3: Here's the other thing. But here's the other thing. Here's what Gourgo Matic texted me. He goes solid pick with JT. Dude, what is your venmo handle? And and he says I found it. I said, thanks, dude, golf is a weird sport. And he texted back ray was two fifty to one. I had no idea what he meant. I thought it was a misprint. What the hell is an r ai?
Speaker 2: Is that a store where you get climbing to quick.
Speaker 3: Golf?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, you technically won.
Speaker 1: Because you and Lawyer Language split the cutfees and there were what three people that that missed the cut, so.
Speaker 2: You want a little bit of money.
Speaker 1: But Marty won eighth and I didn't lose any which is even more exactly which makes it fun.
Speaker 5: Ben spoke to something as to why one of the reasons why I don't I don't love participating in the golf bet because if I'm going to put money on something, I want to watch it. It's such a nice day, like we get into spring summertime, like the prime golf season, I don't want to go inside AND's like I was outside the whole day yesterday doing what everything stuff gross you know, ros out to put the dinosaurs and uh, and I don't want to go even if I had money on it. Don't want to go inside and watch a golf match with some guy I don't know from beaver Hampton, England.
Speaker 2: Wolverhampton, England.
Speaker 3: Now Beaverhampton's a different place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hawk's been there.
Speaker 3: That's where my family's from.
Speaker 10: Is it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, what really matters is this on this date and what year?
Speaker 3: Gentlemen? Do you believe that Mount Saint Helen's erupted in Washington?
Speaker 2: I know that, like eighty one.
Speaker 1: I know this because it was the year that I was born. Stung, cheating eighty nine, eight eighty yep.
Speaker 2: One of the Earth was pissed that I had arrived.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was freezing over down there, so the lava had to get out of there.
Speaker 1: The lava was chasing me to try to suck me back down.
Speaker 2: Calm down at breasts, all right.
Speaker 3: Have you guys ever seen the picture of the guy with the motorcycle on the trailer behind his car turning around, and it's a picture of him looking at Mount Saint Helens. This is erupting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one of the iconic.
Speaker 1: It's iconic, terrifying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, incredible. Eight thirty two am on May eighteenth of nineteen eighty Mount Saint Helens a volcanic, volcanic pink.
Speaker 2: M You got to stay off the internet, my man. You need help, You need help. That was an audible search history. To take a deep breath.
Speaker 5: What a volcanic pink look like?
Speaker 3: Grandma with a volcanic pat you have to go.
Speaker 1: Straight to a grandmother.
Speaker 2: I am fifty five years old, because he's in the old lady and.
Speaker 1: I have to look up old ladies.
Speaker 2: I'm old. Volcanic pink is Daphne's hair COLORO? Mmmm, he's well sure down there.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't see a natural volcanic pink. I guess.
Speaker 2: Just tell the Story's a.
Speaker 3: Massive eruption killing fifty seven people and devastating some two or ten square miles of wilderness.
Speaker 1: So how many deaths out of the fifty seven were caused by you know, ABC and D How many died from like direct impact? Yeah, direct impact, smoke inhalation, Like I would love to morbidly see a breakdown of the fifty seven deaths and what was the main cause.
Speaker 5: I can think of a lot of ways to die, but that one right there, Oh boy, that's way up there. That's way up there, and ways I don't want to die. Volcanic eruption, No, thank you.
Speaker 3: The fifty seven people who died during the eruption were primarily killed by the catastrophic lateral blast and the resulting debris avalanche. Autopsies and official reports identified these specific causes of death asphyxiation. The majority of victims inhaled superheated ash and gases, sure thermal injuries. People caught in the path of these six hundred and sixty degree fahrenheit pyroclastic flow.
Speaker 2: No, that's the worst way. Max just had to deal with all this on Monday morning.
Speaker 3: That's true, you're right right, Sorry about that, Maxo.
Speaker 1: And trauma.
Speaker 3: Several victims were killed by blunt force trauma from the hurricane force wind up to six hundred and seventy mile per hour and being crushed by the massive landslide.
Speaker 5: Oh my ou yeah, just taking a rock to the head at six hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 1: I mean, out of a lot of the ways we just listened, that's the best.
Speaker 2: It's over in a heartbeat. You don't even know it is over.
Speaker 5: You hope that it hits you in the head first, right, I mean, am I taking your arm off and then your leg and then like poke little holes.
Speaker 2: In you see?
Speaker 1: And you went outside yesterday, right, stay inside? Good luck man, it's safe inside.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 9: He didn't die of rock getting belted through him at six hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 2: People watching golf yesterday. Yeah, that's so true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I guess you win.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me look here, hand on talking amongst yourselves Rhode Island either a road nor an island discuss.
Speaker 2: Hey, I have a question. Yeah, can you predict win? Of all?
Speaker 5: You can?
Speaker 2: So it's something like they monitor and can predict.
Speaker 5: That they knew it was going to go soon.
Speaker 9: They got the seismographs whatever they're called, and they start, we'll have an idea.
Speaker 2: It's not they don't know exactly what, but they know.
Speaker 3: For instance, Harry Randall Truman eighty three became somewhat of a folk hero in the week's leading up to the eruption after he refused to vacate his home near Mount Saint Helen's despite being urged to leave by officials. He owned a lodge on Spirit Lake for more than fifty years, gave colorful interviews to the press. I'm going to stay right here because I'll tell you why my home and my blank's here.
Speaker 2: That's another thing.
Speaker 1: By the way, remember you once asked me, Ben that of all the years of me doing initials prep like, have I ever learned stuff and retained stuff? Right like? Because it helped me increase knowledge. And I would say so much of the time. Unfortunately, it's just in one ear out the other. I'm just I'm not retaining it, which is really too bad. That's one though that I retained because when Harry Truman was the answer on initials the clues was died in Mount sat the Mount Saint Helen's eruption, because why would you ever think that presidence of Harry Truman would die. So I'm like that'd be a fun clue to say he died during Mount Saint Helen's Nobody knows the guy's name that was Harry Truman. So Harry Truman technically died during Mount Saint Helen's eruption.
Speaker 5: His wife, we can all learn.
Speaker 3: That owned that lodge for a long time. She had died about a year earlier. So he lived alone with sixteen cats.
Speaker 2: Yeah what happened to the Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, one, I need fifty more. But after the eruption, excuse me, after the eruption eighteenth, this home was hit by a mud and snow avalanche and completely covered. His remains were never found.
Speaker 5: That's an awful.
Speaker 2: Left he's still there that spirit lake. Yep.
Speaker 5: Do you think all sixteen of his cats were freaking out? Like the hours before because you know the animals can sense sense stuff.
Speaker 3: Open the damn the world.
Speaker 1: If he had a hand, stay with me, if he had snow, mud and lava. That's basically getting buried by neopolitan ice cream.
Speaker 3: Right, that's a dream come true.
Speaker 2: That is a nightmare or his hawks dream come true. Excuse me?
Speaker 3: Just surrounded by.
Speaker 5: Kitty swallowed by volcanic pink amen, that's his dream.
Speaker 3: Man. This guy named Reid Blackburn was a seismologist. In the morning of May eighteenth, nineteen eighty, he was camped out of a site near Coldwater Creek, eight miles from the north side the volcano. When interrupted. Red Blackburn had only enough time to get in his car before he was caught in the superheated cloud of ash, pummus, and gas. His remained and his car were found four days after the disaster. The film and his camera was damaged and could not be developed. I'm looking at his car right now. This is a picture of his car.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, man, he didn't make it.
Speaker 2: Lived up to his name though. Oh buddy, what was his name again?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: What I forgot his name?
Speaker 3: That's right, you're right, yeah, that's right. I'm gonna guess when they found him. He was ashes, but his car looks drivable. Hell of a thing.
Speaker 2: Ford Insurance Company's not covering that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no.
Speaker 5: With me, he was eight miles away.
Speaker 2: Stay with me.
Speaker 1: No offense to read Blackburn.
Speaker 2: But what if? What if?
Speaker 1: In nineteen eighty May eighteenth tennis legend, Arthur Rash was just driving along, driving along, Yeah, driving alone, and then it's like, what.
Speaker 2: Happened to Arthur.
Speaker 5: Arthur Rash?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Arthur Ash? Yeah, oh my god. I mean, I don't know. I lead a pretty heavy existence. I don't know why I brought that up. It's actually it's a good type of though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, something to think about.
Speaker 2: Something to think about.
Speaker 1: Do you know who died during the eruption of Mount Saint Helens, President Harry.
Speaker 2: Truth did.
Speaker 1: See Now it's going to stick in your head though, we'll all remember it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She had his sixteen cats.
Speaker 2: Sixteen cats.
Speaker 3: If it's that hot, don't you think you've got in his car? And he it got too hot to live before he even got hit by the lava and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that works.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm guessing that you probably. Yeah, the heat before the lava gets there is what kills you yeah, correct, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just rolling down the mountain like Jane's addiction song.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you guys make fun of me for sometimes putting the air conditioner on in my car in like January. That would have helped. And it's here put the AC on. Who cares if I would have filtered all that ash exactly? That guy thinks it's a great idea.
Speaker 3: That was Arthur Blackburn. Yeah, Junior his son.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, I'm glad he's a listener and he loves the show. Yeah god mentioned Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hope his family is not listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he still that car.
Speaker 1: We seem pretty insensitive. They just let that car go. That might be the only car that Luther won't buy, that exact car.
Speaker 2: Buy a car, not that one man. The News is next with Chris Hockey. Ben Lever is here. This is the Power Drip Morning Joe on.
Speaker 5: The Fan.
Speaker 1: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Metro State University.
Speaker 5: We have no delays at this time.
Speaker 1: We have an ex