Speaker 1: Mojoe in the morning. So yesterday I was out and I ended up meeting a listener. Guy was a fan of the show, which was cool, and we were having a conversation and he said that he had seen that I was away last weekend and I was telling him about the thing that I did with my son. But long story short, I said to him, I go, well, yeah, I feel bad we're talking about my weekend. How was your last weekend? And he goes, you don't want to talk about it? And I said, why is that? And he said that he was in weekend jail. He has on Fridays when he gets off from work, he has till six pm to check himself in, and Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday until Monday morning he has to actually go into jail. And I said, I didn't even know that that was the thing. I've known people that have to like go and blow into a device like at the courts or whatever like that. But he got himself into a little bit of trouble for drinking. And he said, no, it's more common than you think. I've gotten some bad, you know stuff over time. And he uses this analogy, which was good, and by the way real quick before I tell you his analogy, are there any other listeners that are in weekend jail? I kind of like to hear your guys stories, like I want to hear what it is that you, you know, may have gotten yourself into that got you into weekend jail. And I bet you that we would probably guess that a lot of them have to deal with some kind of drugs or something.
Speaker 2: I would assume because anything a lot of them as.
Speaker 1: You think, so d uys Well eight four four Mojoe Live or text nine five five zero zero if you've ever been in weekend jail. And by the way, it's not like going to the you know, I don't know, the Higatt Regency or something like that. Weekend jail is definitely not the comfort to that, although they do clean their sheets more than I found out most hotels play. He said to me as an analogy, he said, weekend jail is like Saturday detention. You that I've been to, do you remember when you were a kid and you had Saturday detention a few times. Saturday detention was always the worst because you had to wake up early on a Saturday. Your dad or mom was pissed that they had to drive you. And then the other thing that they would get really upset about was they had to come pick you up and you had to do the clean up around the school. Yeah, you had to be the person to like pick up trash, to put out.
Speaker 2: The trash during attention, just your work. I never got detention. Attention was never like a real thing, I feel like in my school, but always always I used to get Saturday attention.
Speaker 1: Frequently asked me this some time, just sit in silence, really like the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally just attention for a couple hours. Yeah, that was cool. I loved that movie. What's going On? Sydney's on with us?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: You're there, Sydney. I, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 3: So I am actually a correctional officer.
Speaker 4: So we call these people weekenders weekenders?
Speaker 1: So what gets you into weekend jay?
Speaker 3: A lot of different things, but I think it depends on what your job is. If you're not able to like actually leave but like.
Speaker 4: A d u y.
Speaker 3: Or just like kind of like little petty things like jaywalking. We had a girl there for jaywalking.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, they really wanted to get you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Jaywalking would get you in trouble and what are the accommodations like are they are they comfortable?
Speaker 2: Do you get a pillow or what do you get?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get your paddle, Oh my goodness, your pillow, your blanket. Usually we put them like in a separate area because they're only there for like the two or three days, so they usually don't get put in with like the higher security people.
Speaker 2: What happens if you don't check in?
Speaker 3: If you're not, there's a warrant out for your arrest.
Speaker 2: That's not good.
Speaker 3: And we have a few people that come in that, like, you know, you're not supposed to be drunk, and they come in and they'll blow numbers or be tested for stuff, and it's like, you know you do this every weekend.
Speaker 2: Hey, Sydney, do you get hit on a lot of times at weekend?
Speaker 5: Joe?
Speaker 3: Or Oh my goodness, I get I work both the male and female floors, and every day everybody I see the women.
Speaker 2: What what's some of the stuff they say to you.
Speaker 3: I had a guy tell me the other day He's like, Oh, I like your hair, it's so pretty, And I said things I grew it myself.
Speaker 2: What did the ladies say the.
Speaker 3: Usually they can tell when I wear makeups. It'll be like, oh, your eyes look so beautiful today, or like, oh, you're too pretty to be a CEO. It's like thank.
Speaker 6: You men do.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? All right, sat by Sydney. I gotta go. This is crazy. Hold on a second, Joe, what's happening Joe?
Speaker 7: Hey guys, good morning time, long time.
Speaker 2: What's happening.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 7: So I've talked to you guys before.
Speaker 2: I told you a little bit about my journey. I was nineteen.
Speaker 7: I went to Jack's County Jail for four months, and then I went to prison for almost five years. And not to lick at trouble sense, But when I was first in county jail, there was this one older gentleman. He had to be about sixty, and I noticed every weekend he was coming in. So one day I went and talked to him, and I forget what his name is. He was some doctor and he just refused to pay his wife's alimony.
Speaker 2: So it's the funniest thing.
Speaker 7: He's just like, I would rather go to jail every weekend for the rest of my life than to pay my ex.
Speaker 5: That is funny.
Speaker 2: That's funny. That is stubbornness at a level you can't even describe. If you had to live with that wife, I'd rather go to jail. What's going on, Travis? How you doing? Hey? What's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: How are you doing? We're doing good man. We're talking about people who have been in weekend jail. Dude. I just had to go through this. I got a DUI.
Speaker 8: I was being dumb and drinking. Actually it's my fourth one, so it's being really dumb. So I went in front of the judge and that's like a prison sentence, Dude, Like I've known people to go to prison for like five just ten years for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kim Small's by the way, you watch out, She'll put you in there in Oakland County.
Speaker 2: So I ended up I was.
Speaker 8: I had ended up changing my life and doing a couple of things that the judge was kind of impressed with, so he didn't want to put me in jail. Prison and uh so he actually told me that I could schedule my jail time that I had to do it within like the two years probation that I had h and I could like just tell him whenever I wanted to come in, I'd.
Speaker 5: Go in for the wheels.
Speaker 2: So I just did the weekends like all in a row. But wait, did you schedule it? I never heard you like would you do it right away or did you put it off for a little bit.
Speaker 8: So I was on probation, so as long as I did, I did it right away because I was like, man, I'm getting this over with. But he said I could like go into my probation officer and tell him what weekends I wanted to go to jail.
Speaker 6: And then.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 8: Man, Okay, so in the Skie and County, you don't get to going to bed, you don't get to going none of that. You're on like a concrete slab in the holding cell.
Speaker 2: So it was rowdy.
Speaker 8: I mean every person that came in was either addicted to drugs or drunk or so it wasn't really that much fun.
Speaker 1: Wow, Jans, Well, jail's not supposed to be comfortable. So hold on a second, Stephanie. You spend time in a weekend.
Speaker 2: Jail, is that right? I did?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, he's spent a couple of weekends when I was eighteen.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: Oh I got a couple of ip's, I got caught drinking. Yeah, Blue pretty high on the second one they put I started my freshman year at Central with an alcoholic tether on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do have.
Speaker 4: I have a little bit of a four years alcohol free novel.
Speaker 1: So I like to hear that, absolutely, Olivia, Wow, all these women on weekend jail there, I know, I have two.
Speaker 6: Actually, So I got in a car accident after a graduation, and when they ran my information, apparently I had warrant, but it was for something so silly. It was unpaid tickets.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I went to weekend jail for that.
Speaker 6: Yes I did, Yes, I did. And then the second time was I cashed a bad chicks.
Speaker 2: Yep, ye, so silly, both of those things. Yeahs.
Speaker 1: But but they must have thought that she was a little shady and needed toickets.
Speaker 2: You're getting in jail.
Speaker 1: I always believe that we hear maybe that much of the story. Sometimes I don't think that they just automatically throw you in. All right, Dangelo, what's up.
Speaker 2: Let's go the morning feeling the day the Angel. You ever been in weekend jail? No, not me, my uncle though.
Speaker 5: We just have to drop my uncle off every Friday. Man on Dickerson. And it was funny because when we drop them off, we'd be like, oh, his homeboys from jail or whatever. They all be standing out on the front smoking a cigarettes or whatever. Soon as you pull up, Hey, what's going to jail? You see all Sunday night.
Speaker 6: We see all Sunday Like, bro, what