Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: All Right, the Dodgers are closing out this series in San Diego, and we're joining right now by one of the Dodger relievers that played a big part and last night's win has played a big part all season long. That is my guy, Tanner Scott. First time on the pregame show this season. Thank you for the time, appreciated.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me, Dave. You know, thanks, Dave.
Speaker 2: I owe you a lot. You gave me some street cred last year with Derek Carr, so I feel like I am a little bit indebted to you.
Speaker 1: I did, I did. I met him last year and then he's a great guy and then you're like, how do you know him? I was like, you want to meet him? Sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, No, he's great. Hey, I actually talked to him this year. Do you realize somebody gifted him the second base bag?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sweet?
Speaker 1: Actually on his podcast right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said he has the second base bag from Game six of last year's World Series where he caught it on the sea and he wants it autographed, so you may have to come and play on that.
Speaker 1: I had no part in that.
Speaker 2: World.
Speaker 1: I was on the aisl I.
Speaker 2: Know, but you need to help him get Rojas to sign it.
Speaker 1: No, he's got to ask. Maybe he's got he's got enough full, he's got enough full.
Speaker 2: What was last night like for not just you, but for the entire team to get a win the way you guys got it?
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean we want to We want to go out there and win every game. We gotta We got it done last night and let's do it the o tonight.
Speaker 2: You've been on both sides of this rivalry in the last five years. I know there's one hundred and ten games left in the season, but to the players, did it feel like a playoff atmosphere?
Speaker 1: I mean, any any any game you want to you want to treat it the same. But definitely definitely the Dodger Padre series is you get a little more intensity. I mean you hear the beat la chant and uh, I mean it's it's a fun atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Will Klein last night got his first career save after you did your thing in the seventh and eighth inning. How proud are you of what you've seen from him? As far as the growth, Oh, I mean, he's nasty.
Speaker 1: He threw a sweeper at ninety one last night, and I was like, the first thing, I was like, you you.
Speaker 2: Threw a sweep road ninety one.
Speaker 1: So I mean he's got gross stuff and we're super happy for him. And then now I got Alex Vessia Cline.
Speaker 2: Oh, William Klein, I know we need to sell right now.
Speaker 1: We call him Bill Bill Klein, Bill nine Science, the science Guy.
Speaker 2: I like that. Are you guys in on what Blake Trenon wants to do to shave his mustache and go all amish?
Speaker 1: You know? That's he did give us like a certain he like how many games we have to win in a row for him to do it?
Speaker 2: Games?
Speaker 1: So I think I think he can go full, full full homage to call him big Alm.
Speaker 2: At that point, we're having a full rounder right here in front of Tenor Scott's locker. I love it. Andy Pa has walked by.
Speaker 1: Right next to the weight room.
Speaker 2: It's also right next to the shower.
Speaker 1: You don't want to get the guy that's lid into home last night? Yeah, you didn't want to interview him today?
Speaker 2: We did right after the game and the heat of the moment, yeah, see the heat of the moment stuff for me.
Speaker 1: Never inside yet, I'll do an arm care king a smoothie, cheering on the boys.
Speaker 2: Who gets the game ball will climb for his first career savor Tanner Scott for his first win of the season.
Speaker 1: I think you would have to cut the ball golf ball in three. You'd have to give a quarter and not a quarter, a third a third to Ac for sliding. Yep, uh pa, heyes for that great at bat, and then we'll climb for his first safe. So we're not giving you a I don't want any, all right.
Speaker 2: Perdon.
Speaker 1: I said in thirds, didn't I? That's three people.
Speaker 2: That makes it more special, doesn't it. I mean, look at all the guys that walked by here. You guys all had a part and last night's win.
Speaker 1: And then there's another guy over there just stirring at the stuff. Yep, he's a big part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Blake Trenon, your guy, your locker made here. You have a little space in between you two. There's an empty locker between you and trying much needed him from you or you from him both. He's staring daggers at me.
Speaker 1: You want to join in? Do you want to join in? He wants to, you know, he's gonna come over here.
Speaker 2: And he wants to so bad. He saw it. He saw s Cnu having a rounder with me, and he he smelled he smelled a little uh, a little rounder going Onwower.
Speaker 1: He smells batter. Once you got.
Speaker 2: You went off the rail has gone so off the rails. But I would expect nothing less with Tanner Scott.
Speaker 1: I mean when everyone walked faster locker room, in between the locker room and the late room. I mean there's a lot of people that go in there.
Speaker 2: Hey, before I let you go, you mentioned Paz and his at bat last night, the nine pitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean to fall off the pitches that Mason Millers doing and the stuff that he's been doing this year.
Speaker 2: I mean, incredible. It's not what we saw in the dugout, but it's pretty close. That dugout reaction to his sacrifice fly, I mean that was pretty special. How all of you were invested?
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean yeah, because I mean he hit it. He hit it to uh Tatis and everyone knows Tatisa has a cannon, so you know it was gonna be a big bang player at the plate and a c got his foot in there, and that that battle was great.
Speaker 2: Let's do it again tonight. Happy flight to Milwaukee. Thanks a lot for the time. No problem, it's been electric. No