Speaker 1: It sounds good right now. Nachos with pulled pork. That sounds really good right now. A little kso over here. No, you don't need keeso. It should be on and already some sour cream over here, low watch and salsa and you don't want it wet? Do you like nachos when they're wet you pick them up and they're limpy? No, because then the chip is like soggy. Yeah, chip.
Speaker 2: It is National Nacho Day today, so today is the day.
Speaker 1: That's probably why it was on my mind. Yeah, probably, But I'm not gonna have nachos right now. I can't help you. But I can't help you with one thousand dollars one thousand dollars by a lot of nachos. How do you get this thousand dollars? You open up your Safari, You open up your uh, what's the Google you're doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right? Or or Netscape or netscape your Netscape, and then you go to KDWB dot com. Boom, a little boxing to pop up, and it'll say what's the keyword or words to that effect? You will type in the word trip. Why the word trip? Because you're going to get a chance at one thousand dollars and also a trip to New York City for their jingle ball. The New York City Big Apple jingle Ball going to be a huge one. We will get you out there, but you got to play the game. The keyword is trip, So open up netscape. Thank you Bailey for getting that joke. I appreciate it. Open it up and then type in katiewba dot com the keyword is trip. Coming up on the Dave Ryan in the Morning Show, another Sabrina Carpenter keyword and Jenny's been poking around. You've been on reddit again.
Speaker 2: I have been on Reddit.
Speaker 4: I think everyone went through some kind of weird phrase a phase as a child. I think mine was basically the emo heavy eyeliners side swept bangs. And so we're going to talk about some hilarious phases of other people went through as kids.
Speaker 1: What phase did you go through? We'll talk about it next Taste on our iHeartRadio app. Hey go do that. Yesterday we had you say it like a pirate, right, Maybe the keyword is taste. And the reason we do that is because we need to get your attention, because you hear this keyword thing all day long and it might lose its meaning. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They say it like today like a muppet, like, how.
Speaker 1: Would that sound?
Speaker 2: The keyword airs taste whatever. I don't know, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's just like Fozzy Bear.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: The keyword is taste. Walk a walk a walk.
Speaker 1: Okay, not bad? Not all right?
Speaker 5: You put it on the spot, you do, Miss Piggy is the keyword peaste.
Speaker 1: All right? So whatever. We're just trying to get your attention because you hear this keyword thing all day, and I don't want you to lose sight of how freaking cool it is just by entering this keyword on the iHeart radio app on that talkback feature. So whether you say it like a muppet or whether you say it like a pirate, you can say it like you. I don't care. I just want you to win. Good life. Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk about cringe worthy phases that people went through when they were much younger. I'm going to start off with this one because it's hilarious. They said I started a wrap crew based on We Need the Pooh. I was Pooh Daddy, my friend was the Notorious t Ig, and another friend was Big Oh.
Speaker 2: We were writing a song called honey rhymes.
Speaker 4: With money and the name of the group Pooh Tang Clan.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Somebody else said, I wore a cat collar to school with a bell on it because I thought it was cool.
Speaker 3: That's the kids nowadays, because I do see many of youths in my day as a speech coach, but tails people ringing tales to school, like middle schoolers where the tales and as because they're no, they're quirking different.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, you're gonna look back on that and regret it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think sometimes when you're a kid like that, you want to be quirky and you don't realize that you just look stupid and different.
Speaker 4: Middle school, this person said, I had a fedora that I would wear to school, along with a fur waistcoat that I stole from my mom. There was also a phase where I decided I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Let anyone see me blink. I didn't just stare at people like I.
Speaker 4: Would just stare at people because I thought it made me look quote different. And I wasn't like other girls because I didn't have to blame.
Speaker 2: So this is a girl. You might have thought it the beginning it was a guy. It wasn't it was a girl.
Speaker 1: Didn't every school have a fedora guy?
Speaker 2: My friend guy? Someone else said, I thought I was a werewolf. In ninth grade.
Speaker 4: I recruited dozens of students into my quote pack, and even managed to rope a counselor into it, which wound up in getting her fired because she helped post magic rituals with us instead of counseling.
Speaker 2: Oh, this one's great.
Speaker 4: I feel like I could have done this as my emo self, But I said, I used to want to sound like a cool, edgy emo writer, so I would narrate out loud the things that were happening to me. For instance, we were at a family event and we were roasting some and I was like fire, slowly burning, destroying and turning everything black.
Speaker 2: Wow, I just neared this.
Speaker 4: I think everyone had an item that you wore very frequently.
Speaker 2: I had a bucket hat that.
Speaker 4: Had Winnie the Pooh on it that I got when I went to Disney when I was young. I wore that for like every day of my life, for probably three months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this person said.
Speaker 4: From first grade until my freshman year of high school, I wore a hot dog shirt every day to.
Speaker 1: School good bit, hopefully not the same one.
Speaker 4: I still have around thirty to forty hot dog shirt. I don't wear them anymore, but that's hilarious.
Speaker 5: I prefer the same shirt every day because why does one own more than one hot dog shirt?
Speaker 2: For the bit, that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: I love that I was the tie girl in middle school, at least for one grade where I.
Speaker 2: Had multiple neckties.
Speaker 3: So I taught myself how to tie his high and I would come to school wearing like a tiny, like little T shirt that was tight, big baggy pants and a tie because I wanted to be like Avril Levigne kind of, but also just to be appear quirky and different.
Speaker 2: So that's when I started dressing stupid.
Speaker 4: That's when we learn new facts about Bailey from her childhood. I feel like it gives us even more insight to who she is today. But none of it's surprising, No, it's but it is to an extent though Ty girl, next Tiger.
Speaker 1: I can being the next TI girl. Yeah, look at me, I'm so quirky. I'm so different.
Speaker 3: Now boys show up to the speech tournament and they're like, I don't know how to tie tie and I'm like, stand back to me, all right, just a couple more here. These are phases people went through. Somebody said, I spoke in a British accent. I'm from the Southern US.
Speaker 4: Another person that I'd write cheesy love letters to the girls I dated for a month or two something and sometimes I just want to hold you until you crumble is something they would write.
Speaker 2: Strange.
Speaker 4: These people are all my friends, honestly, I know. I mean some of these are really funny. Another person that I had business cars made that had my name number and the title Night in Shining Armor.
Speaker 1: Oh lord.
Speaker 4: I would hand these out with a smile to any person that I found attractive in or outside of school.
Speaker 2: That person had game. Honestly, if someone handed me that, I'd be like, I mean.
Speaker 1: This either creepy or it's game. It's one of the other for me. He's also the Fedora guy, but the popular guys the popular I was gonna say, that's the Fedora guy. But the popular guys didn't need to do that because they got attention just by walking down the hallway. Yeah, he was always the kid who was like already balding in tenth grade that well, yeah, exactly. They would hand out a card that says, your night in Shining Armor.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you I was going through a Wizards of Waverley Places phase. You couldn't convince me I wasn't gonna be a wizard. I would ask my mom and dad to buy me wands and they'd be like, we're not paying forty bucks for a stick. So my mom was dating this guy at one point that I didn't like. I cast it a spell that he would go away.
Speaker 1: I kid you not. Maybe two weeks later my mom and him were d un done. I thought I had some special Wow.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that. Well, there you go, the funny phases that people went through.
Speaker 1: You Jenny wrapping things up with Dave's Dirt coming up next on k d w B.
Speaker 2: No, it's Dave Dirt on kd w B.
Speaker 1: Kind of cool. This weekend Saturday Night Lives. That guest is going to be Nicky Glazer. And so this is one of those promos they run on NBC And this is the cast begging her to roast them because she got her fame mostly got like worldwide notoriety when she did the Tom Brady roast. So here is the promo.
Speaker 2: Would you roast us.
Speaker 3: No, please, I just I don't think that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: You don't want that.
Speaker 5: I promise you won't hurt our feelings now I started on kill Tony.
Speaker 1: Don't completely numb its.
Speaker 6: That, okay, me verse me verse, all right, Ashley, you look like you actually looked like.
Speaker 1: Wow, it could be kind of funny. Snl. Who's the musical guest is.
Speaker 5: Somber som He's the one that sings undressed and back to friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Great music on Jenny's Ben on Reddit.
Speaker 4: I just want to read this text real quick, because someone said that this teenager that used to work at a Holiday station stores near my house would speak in a British accent from time to time when he started, and then a year later he was very much your average Minnesotan and so they asked what was up and he said, ah, the accent was his thing and he's over it now.
Speaker 2: But anyways, if you do.
Speaker 4: Walk into a Holiday station stores right now, know that there's some good deals with Celsius, which people love.
Speaker 2: You can mix and match your favorite twelve.
Speaker 4: Ounces and sixteen ounce Celsius varieties. It's two for five dollars right now Also, Sidney Sweeney has been macing on Scooter Braun out in the public. It's all stage, Let's be honest. Nobody hangs out in Central Park in New York City when you're that big of a celebrity without hoping that paparazzi will catch you. And I think a lot of it has to do with promoting the new biopic that she stars in, called Christy Martin, because apparently there's not a lot of interest in the movie. Oh no, people are saying, I thought the trailer actually looked pretty good for it.
Speaker 2: But would you see it in theaters?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But I also won't see almost any movie in theater. I'm not a movie theater person.
Speaker 1: We see the walk? Is that the one where they walk longest walk? The longest walk? You may see that movie.
Speaker 2: No, but I've heard it's good.
Speaker 1: I've heard it's good. I wanted to see the theater. Then I missed it, but I think it's streaming now. Yeah, maybe maybe that'll be my watch.
Speaker 2: You can do that because you're gonna be all by a shelf today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you should order a pizza trying to Oh he's door dashing something.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to I'm trying to eat a little bit healthy.
Speaker 3: Okay, Then when you're gonna DoorDash, okay, salad, have some mushrooms for the loser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make it a healthy pizza.
Speaker 3: Even. Season five of Stranger Things is coming in about twenty days, and tonight in Los Angeles is the Red Carpet premiere. It's unclear if David Harbor is going to attend because there's been a lot of like beef and rumors going around that he's been a bully to Millie Bobby Brown, who plays Eleven on Stranger Things, and so now it'll be interesting to see if he shows up to see if they're near each other or if they interact at all whatsoever.
Speaker 1: I don't have the press his.
Speaker 5: Lions Gate just released the first trailer for the Michael Jackson biopic.
Speaker 6: I know you've been waiting a long time for the tracks made. The songs are ready. Let's take it from the top. This is your story.
Speaker 5: It's much more visual, but it's really really good. Jafar Jackson, who is Michael Jackson's actual nephew, plays Michael, so I'm sure there will be a striking resemblance and it comes out on theaters April twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: I would love to see that. I wonder though, if it's like, if it's authorized by the Jackson family, you know, they're going to clean it up and make it everybody look more palatable, yeah, rather than totally realistic.
Speaker 2: My sister Udi sented to me and she was like, I'm crying.
Speaker 3: She loves Michael Jackson, so I'm sure I'll end up seeing that right in theaters.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is the dirt. It is brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. Just want to let you know that MSP Airport is going to be among the forty nationwide airports that will have their flights cut by down to ten percent or so by the FAA because of the I almost says strike. It's not a strike at all. It is the the government shutdown. Thank you, Jenny. And just you know, holiday travel starts in three weeks basically hopefully they'll have things figured out by then, but you know, we talked about it yesterday. Have a backup plan, I mean, you know, either that or get there early or make sure you're confirmed, or be ready for a long wait.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but also please be kind to those people because they are not getting paid and they are expected to continue to work.
Speaker 1: Well, you're not really encountering the controllers. But I mean, if you do well.
Speaker 2: Just anyone out.
Speaker 4: All the people at the airport aren't getting paid. The TSA agents aren't getting paid.
Speaker 1: Oh, the TSA agents are getting paid either. No, all they do is stand around and say, you know, put your shoes in the.
Speaker 2: You need to end the show right now. To get a bunch of people coming at us. They're going to cancel stuff.
Speaker 3: I just want them to let us know, like and so it's not I'm waking up at three am to get on my five thirty am flight and then I'm finding out at three am that my flight's canceled.
Speaker 1: That's all I want. It's gonna be hard. It'll be the I think they said, the worst travel day ever if this goes down. So, I don't know if you got a backup plan. No, we are going to drive to Colorado. We are not gonna fly. Where are you going? You're down to grace.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to Graceland. So we're actually taking many planes. So we're going to Memphis and then from Memphis to Orlando to go to Disney and then from Orlando back here, and so we're taking three planes.
Speaker 1: Good look, where are you going, Jenny, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to Morocco.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Morocco. I'm going to Denver, and you're going to Disney. But Morocco over here, thought's going to Mall of America. I've got a Jersey trip planned, way worse than Mall of America. I'm not switching that to Mall of America anyway. Have a great day. We will see you back here tomorrow for the Friday version of The Dave Ryan Show featuring no phone screen or Friday. Very possibly our favorite bit that we do every week, and that is when you get on the radio tomorrow say pretty much anything you want. We never know what you're gonna say, and it's a whole lot of fun tomorrow on The Dave Ryan Show. Find us online Dave Ryanshow dot Com, Instagram, Dave Ryan Show. Don't just look at it, click like and follow and do all the things. You know what. The big suits in the corporate tower look at us and they go, how come you didn't get more likes or follows? Well, Mojo gets more likes and follows than you. How come, Mojo's doing so much better. Do you want to be replaced by Mojo? No, well then you better get more likes and follows. So, unless you want Mojo to replace us, people are going Mojo. That'd be cool that have a great day, We'll see you tomorrow.