Speaker 1: This is America's Trucking Network with Kevin Gordon.
Speaker 2: Welcome aboard, Thanks for tuning in as we begin our week here on America's truck and Network. What an absolutely amazing weekend in the Middle East. You know, I had my doubts as to whether or not Hamas was going to actually live up to its principles in terms of the ceasefire and an actual release of the hostages, based on what has happened in the past. There's always been this point of going right up to the line and then backing off right at the last minute. Now what is happened yesterday What we saw were all of the twenty remaining living hostages returned to Israel. One of the particular hostages, manned by the name of Evan Atan Orr, was released from isolation. He been kept underground for seven hundred and seven hundred and thirty eight days. I believe his walking out of there, he has lost about thirty to forty percent.
Speaker 3: Of his body weight.
Speaker 2: You see these stories about the Holocaust and these Jewish.
Speaker 3: Prisoners in Germany.
Speaker 2: They're emaciated bodies, and this is what this guy looked like coming out of there. I haven't seen yet the pictures of the others. But I imagine being and supposedly we are being told that there have been over sixty seven thousand or sixty seven hundred one was the number.
Speaker 3: Let me look at this up real quick.
Speaker 2: That there were sixties yeah, sixty seven thousand people in Gaza killed by the Israelis, And every time they put that up there, it's always said according to the Gaza Health Ministry, which is controlled by Hamas, which is a propaganda arm, and that we don't really have any accurate counts of that.
Speaker 3: Now. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I hate to be skeptical on people claiming how many people were killed, but you would think the way they want to work the propaganda is that if there were one hundred and fifty people killed at one time, that they would have laid the bodies out and shown everybody what happened.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen that.
Speaker 2: We keep hearing reports that, oh, two hundred were killed, three hundred were killed. Now it's up to sixty seven thousand.
Speaker 3: Where's the proof.
Speaker 2: There is no independent verification of that, and the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media keep talking about that. Now the hostage is being released. Twenty remaining living hostages. Now Hamas said that they had the bodies of twenty eight others that were dead. Guess what, Israel has come out. They came out, they went in to get the bodies. They came back with only four. The ministry says, we just don't know where those other twenty four are. And yet Israel as part of this will do anything for peace. Now, I want to back up here to the nineteen nineties. There was a proposal from the Palestinians that they wanted their homeland, that they wanted all this area turned over to them. Mind you, this was areas that had been taken from Jordan in a time of war, taken from Syria in a time of war, and taken from Egypt in a time of war as a buffer zone for the Israelis in order for them to protect themselves from these countries that constantly wanted to attack them. But Palestine, the Palestinian authority at the time, wanted that territory as part of their group Gaza gol On Heights, West Bank. Israel gave them ninety eight percent of that territory and a peace offering. They reached out their hand and the Palestinians slapped it away. They wanted one hundred percent percent or nothing. And I remember at the time I went to a function where they were talking about what.
Speaker 3: Was going on in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: And I went and it was put on by, of all things, Xavier University, and it was supposedly this It was billed as what is going on in the Middle East at this time and what peace offerings are there. The only people representing there were some academics and a bunch of people who supported Palestine. And I'm in this room and I'm like an idiot. I raised my hand up after they were talking about all this, and I said, all I'm hearing about is what's going on as far as the Palestinians are concerned. You would think that if you're going to hold a seminar in a symposium, that you would at least have some of the Israelis up there. And you could have heard a pin drop. I was thinking, I'm not going to get out of here, but I went. I had a conversation with the lady afterwards and she was telling me that, well, what you don't understand is the way the Palestine Indians negotiate, no matter what you offer them, their first response is no, And I said, well, I'll tell you what we're supposed to understand you, but you don't understand us. When you tell us no, no means no and we walk away, where's the understanding on the other part. So this is the kind of things that I have seen as far as all this stuff being experienced over.
Speaker 3: The last well for the last decades.
Speaker 2: Finally there was this peace agreement supposedly with Hamas, and yet even with them saying that they are going to release all twenty eight of the hostages that are dead, they've only released four.
Speaker 3: I'll get this, not only do we get does the world get?
Speaker 2: Does Israel get twenty eight hostage or twenty twenty twenty living hostages and four dead bodies? Twenty four? What did Israel give up? They are releasing? Get this, seventeen hundred Palestinians who were convicted of terror over the last several years. Those are being released Israel because they want peace. They will give up seventeen hundred prisoners to get twenty four.
Speaker 3: That's how much.
Speaker 2: They value lives of Israeli's citizens that they will give up every spec of land that they can possibly give up. Ninety eight percent back in the nineties of what the Palestinians wanted, and even seventeen hundred hostages prisoners. Actually, I guarantee you they're not being returned to Hamas, over to Gaza and emaciated bodies.
Speaker 3: This is what Israel is up against there.
Speaker 2: One percent of the territory over there, of all the entire Arab nations, one percent of the territory there is held by Israel. And that's not enough for some of these knuckleheads over there. They want Israel obliterated from the map, and hopefully with Hamas being decimated, they will not be able to rebuild and they'll be peace in the Middle East. I get this, okay, over the weekend. Imagine any other president being able to do this. Sunday afternoon, Donald Trump hops on a plane, flies all the way over to the Middle East, gives the speech. Before you know, he wants to be there for the signing and to the return of these hostages. He was invited by Benjamin Etnahu, Prime Minister of Israel. He delivered a speech to the Israeli Kanesset, which is their congress, and then flies over to Egypt for this peace summit of the Arab nations, one other president has that kind of stamina that can go fly what halfway around the world, what about an eight hour time difference, and yet be able to function at a high level and just keep going and then go from Israel over to Egypt for another peace summit and to coordinate what's going on there. It is just absolutely amazing the stamina this man has. The fact that nobody wants to give him credit for that, and yet well, as we saw on Friday, the Nobel Peace Committee gives doesn't even recognize his efforts. It's just absolutely unbelievable. But the fact that the Israelis have actually acquired this and attained this hopefully, hopefully that this peace will break out there, and that the other because a lot of this didn't come about on its own, because not only did Israel have to put the pressure on Hamas by decimating their people or decimating the leadership, but the other Arab countries around Arab of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, all the other countries said look, we're tired of this crap and we're getting to the point where we just aren't going to support you anymore. And you guys have got to come to the table and do some o an agreement, and if this works and we have peace in the Middle East, this will be one of the biggest steps in all of history, not just recent history, but all of all history. We are truly living in some unprecedented times. I'm Kevin Gordon, America's Trucking Network seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: I need this is the breathing record on America's Trucking Network on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Denny Hamlin scored a devotional victory Sunday and claimed a significant career milestone with his dramatic victory in the South Point four hundred at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Hamlin passed two cars in the final ten laps and ultimately took the lead from his Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Chase Brisco, then held off Kyle Larson at the end to claim his series' best sixth win of the season, the sixtieth of his career, and the victory also secures Hamlin as part of the Championship four headed to Phoenix November two, looking for his first title shot since twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: All the factors I just can't imagine there's a win and bigger for me than this one, just with all you know, with the family, with the significance of it, you know, you know, now being back on top.
Speaker 3: For most wins in the season, punching the ticket to the four.
Speaker 5: It's all of it all, you know, the fashion in which the last ten lasts played out.
Speaker 3: All the above is why I think this means the most.
Speaker 4: An NTT IndyCar Teams test took place Bundy at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road Course. Among the drivers taking part included Mick Schumacher for Ray Hall, Letterman Lantic Good Racing also taking part, whereas A J Fort Racing, Andretti Global, dale Coin Racing and Ed Carpenter Racing teams we need.
Speaker 1: This is the raething repard on America's drugging network on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Say Dennis and ATN you ever wonder how far an EV can take you on one charge?
Speaker 2: Well, most people drive about forty miles a day, which is seven.
Speaker 3: One hundred WLW, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: In addition, here's another wrinkle that now kind of interesting to look at with the hostages being released yesterday on October the thirteenth. Mind you, this was on the same day, and as Phil Flynn pointed out in his Energy report, and I didn't nobody else had mentioned this that I was aware of, that this happened for people of the Catholic faith. If you are familiar with our Lady of Fatima and the miracles that you performed there and appearing before these Portuguese young women or the girl and the boys, was it, I think nineteen seventeen that there were these doubts as to whether these apparitions actually happened. And on October the thirteenth, this miracle of the Sun, the dancing Sun. October the thirteenth, twenty nineteen seventeen marked the marian At apparition and Fatima, the day on which thousands of people more than seventy thousand bore witness to the miracle of the Dancing Sun, a miracle that shattered the prevalent belief at the time that God was no longer relevant.
Speaker 3: Now, what happened on that day is that there had been rain all during the day, and then when the blessed virgins appeared to these children, the sky started clearing and there was this cloudy, thin veil over the sun. So what people could actually look at the sun without you know, having the sun's effect in their eyes, and it appeared as though the Sun started moving around, and at one point act it looked like it was heading towards the Earth and then backed off.
Speaker 2: These seventy thousand people at the time. Now, mind you, during nineteen seventeen, this was part during World War One. We also had, you know, the movement in Russia where the Communists were taking over, and all these philosophers the time, we're saying that God is dead, God.
Speaker 3: Is no longer relevant.
Speaker 2: Well, because of this miracle of the dancing Sun, a lot of people believed, and atheism was knocked on its butt.
Speaker 3: And there's been all.
Speaker 2: Kinds of explanations, and the scientists are always trying to explain how this happened. Well, maybe this was a kind of a group hysteria type of thing that all. Well, maybe because of the atmosphere, with the way the clouds moved, it appeared as though the Sun was moving and all this sort of stuff. And yet the skeptics, really it's always this theory of what might have happened, not what actually happened. And it's amazing that the hostages released on that day just a little side note there. I just thought i'd bring that up, and thanks to Phil Flynn from Price Futures Group, who we've had on the program a number of times pointing that out. And I thought that was kind of interesting for well, at least for the purpose of people or Catholics around the world and type of thing. Anyway, We've got some economic data on Friday, and again it amazes me how much people will go through these these hoops in order to.
Speaker 3: Doubt or pour cold water on good news. And now let's get let's just get into the numbers.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: I saw this story. This was from Friday.
Speaker 2: The headline US economy growing at the fastest pace in nearly two years, and the White House has declared it explosive growth. More than ever these days, gauging the health of the economy, get this, These are the authors of these stories that just boggles my mind.
Speaker 3: You know, you just can't produce a story, you have to throw something in there that is just totally ridiculous. But here it is.
Speaker 2: More than ever these days, gauging the health of the economy is almost like trying to gauge the health of Schrodinger's cat.
Speaker 3: Like, what the hell is he talking.
Speaker 2: About so being the curious person I am. I dug into that and I said, well, I got to figure out what this is.
Speaker 3: All right? Are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: Schrodinger's Cat is a thought experiment that illustrates the concept of quantum super position in simple terms. Schrodinger said, now get this if you like people that have way too much time on their hands, all right, said that if you place a cat and something that could kill a cat, like a radioactive adam, in a box and seal it, you would not know if that cat were dead or alive until you open the box, So that until the box is open, the cat is both dead and alive. This is serious thought from somebody that writes an economic story. I mean, first of all, who would run an experiment like that?
Speaker 3: And where would Peter be as far as that is concerned.
Speaker 2: And the fact that you're trying to prove a theory of two things happening at once by explaining it that way, that the cat could actually be alive and dead at the same time. This is what passes for, you know, brilliant economic thought.
Speaker 3: At this point.
Speaker 2: Depending upon who you talk to, it is both on the upswing and trending downward, showing promise that also headed for a collapse. So they're saying, at the same time, the economy is booming, but certain underlying things means that.
Speaker 3: It's headed towards a collapse.
Speaker 2: Okay, take for example the fact that after months of dismal job numbers and recessions, the recent White House press release touted the US Bureau of Economic Analysis revision of the second quarter GDP numbers as explosive growth for the economy, along with positive reactions from various financial experts now key phrase here, along with positive reactions from various financial experts. The revision in question showed that GDP increased to three point eight percent in April through June of this year, previously reported at well, the original number was around two point eight that was revived in the revised in the second revision or the first revision actually at three point three and now has been revised upwards to three point eight. Now, you may recall last week was talking about all these different you know.
Speaker 3: As they yanked the curtain back.
Speaker 2: Now that the government has closed and we start looking at how these Bureau of Labor Statistics sent this Bureau Commerce Department develops all these studies and these surveys and whatever as to the strength of the economy, the unemployment numbers, the initial jobless claims that all these things are done by receiving surveys from people in the industry, and there is I mean, there is a date at which these things are supposed to be turned in, but they it isn't mandatory. So they do their first estimate based on the numbers they have. Then the following month, when they get more data than they up that or lower that, depending upon what information they get, and then the final revision. Before the revision, before the first report of the next quarter, they come up with their final estimate. So three point eight percent is the GDP for the second quarter. And I remember what I've been saying since the beginning of the year that in my opinion, by the end of this year, we will be seeing economic growth between four and a half to five percent, I would say, And all these other people at the time, mind you, were saying that they were expecting by the end of the year our economic growth would be around one point eight percent. Now, with the current number at three point eight percent and my prediction four point five to five percent, I would say that three point eight is a hell of a lot closer to that number than the one point eight that they predicted. Once again, listen to America's struck A Network. You'll be so far ahead of the curve they won't even see your tail lights. Now, let's go. The GDP growth was driven by slowing of imports and greater increase in consumer spending led by transportation, financial and insurance services. As such, the White House Press release crow that is part of the American's economic resurgent, Well, what else are you going to call it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: In his story and I just really want to get into the and we'll get into this coming up. What's really going on in the economy. I'm Kevin Gordon, America's struck At Network seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Good A site being too small make a comeback? Well, the twelve to thirty re parts, I'm Ley mawin breaking Now, that's what MSA Design states. They're proposing an expansion of the Heritage Bank Center site for the new arena. Currently, four sites are being considered for Cincinnati's next stadium, and the expected price tag is somewhere around eight hundred million dollars seventy percent of public funding is expected to help push it forward. Some tweaks to nearby roads, the flood walls and public lands will give the space six point thirty four acres instead of the current four point one acre lot. Even if FSA sports ideas aren't used for the news the new arena, even their confident, will generate ideas for what replaces it in the future. The other three sites are the current site of the w CET studios, plus the Town Center garage, a parking lot north of the Hard Rock Casino, and reclaim land west of the Convention Center that will be reclaimed after the Brent Spends Bridge project concludes.
Speaker 6: Now the latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred wl jplication.
Speaker 8: Setting for day break on Tuesday, mostly clear. I've got a morning low of fifty degrees. Now for our Tuesday at sunshine mild, My highest seventy six at night stays clear and drops to fifty two From your severe weather station, I'm nine first Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Clear in fifty six and for your Bengals fans coming out to pay Course Stadium. It's going to be a nice Thursday, seventy one degrees as a high, forty eight low, and about fifty two degrees when we kick off at eight fifteen. That game day forecast built by American Home Tech. Your roofs first line of defense starts with American home Tech dot Com. Our next update is that one. I'mley Moowen. News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati has a party and.
Speaker 9: Here's your trucking forecast for the Try State and the rest of the country. In the Try State, over night, clear skies, the low down to fifty Sunday, Tuesday high of seventy seven. Wednesday, more sunshine, a high of seventy two, and another sunny day Thursday, the high year seventy. Nationally along the Atlantic Coast, flooding that's been seen as expected to tape off overnight and into Tuesday. Meanwhile, a storm system is bringing heavy rain and snow out west, especially in California.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred WLW. I'm Kevin Gordon. This is America's Trucking Network. America's struck A network supports a mission of race across America.
Speaker 3: You can hear us every truck and Tuesday.
Speaker 2: At five am and ten am Eastern on Race Across America Radio, available on the iHeartRadio app. Search the word Reace. That's wr eats for Reese Across America Radio. And thank you to all our truckers for supporting the mission of Across America. And which reminds me too that if you miss any of our shows, any of our segments, make sure you hit up that iHeartRadio app brought to brought to you by your friends at Rush Truck Centers. We certainly appreciate that. Okay, getting back to this wonderful, grand and glorious particular story, US economy growing at the fastest pace in nearly two years, and a White House has declared explosive growth. Well, you know, if you have economic growth in the ones and twos and it goes up to three point eight, I would call that kind of explosive, But not if you're a spoonfever regurgitator from the mainstream media. All right, so go through this. The economy has grown. Now, back when the first cord was announced and the economy had grown at eight, well, actually lost a negative point six percent. Everybody was going see the economic policies of this. The Trump administration is a failure in all this sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yet everybody except.
Speaker 2: America's struck A network mentioned then pointed out what the other what the people were explaining was that the reason for that is that ahead of the April second Independence Day declared by President Trump, before the tariff started going into effect Liberation Day, I'm sorry, Liberation Day, not Independence Liberation Day. That on April the second, everybody a lot of people were front loading, bringing in all kinds of imports ahead of the tariff increase. And the way the GDP is calculated is that imports are subtracted from that, and that the amount of imports that were subtracted from that were so great that that pulled that number down below.
Speaker 3: Negative growth added back.
Speaker 2: If you had taken that part out, the economy would have own around two point five to two point eight percent, is what it would have done now with that inventory having been purchased in the first quarter that was available, so a lot of imports didn't have to be done in the second quarter, and the inventory that was accumulated was all burned off and part of what was purchased, and why you have this economy or in the second quarter, the GDP number now at three point eight percent. So if you average the two of those together negative point six and a positive three point eight, you're in the three point four percent three point.
Speaker 3: Basically in the three point.
Speaker 2: Two percent, which averaged over the two month is about one point six one point eight percent. So again with these economic experts so far talking about this now in his story, as I finished the previous segment, what's.
Speaker 3: Really going on in the economy.
Speaker 2: Part of the problem been finding consensus on how the economy is really doing. Is that the traditional indicators of a healthy economy tell a conflicting story. GDP and consumer spending, for example, are up yeah, okay, while at the same time, employment estimates for September show that the US continues to bleed.
Speaker 3: Jobs, really bleed jobs.
Speaker 2: How you have an economy where by the lessons of the pandemic, companies decided that okay, when we had to release and terminate all of our employees during the pandemic, when we set about reopening, those employees were no longer available. Some of the employees that decided that, well, because of all the freebies being handed out and the extensions of some of these unemployment numbers, and also the Recovery Act. These checks that were going out to people, stimulus checks that were going out at the time, people were looking at what they were making versus what they were getting on unemployment, and these stimulus checks for not working.
Speaker 3: Said I can't afford to go back to work.
Speaker 2: And then you have people that were unavailable because when they were laid off or their jobs were terminated during the plandemic. When they got back and business opened up, they went to other positions. So these companies realized that, you know, when we had the downturn, when we had to eliminate the employees. Part of the problem we saw in the recovery after the plandemic was that you didn't there weren't a lot of qualified people out there to fill these positions. I remember vividly going into certain stores, any amount of help you could get the sales clerk weren't around. You go into restaurants and they had where they would normally have three or four servers, they only had one or two and they were covering the whole area.
Speaker 3: Service was slow.
Speaker 2: The kitchen was slow because they had inexperienced people in the kitchen and so the recovery was rough, and so businesses realizing that, they said, we're not going to go through that again. We think things are going to turn around. We're optimistic that things are going to turn around. So we're not going to be hiring a bunch of people, and we're not going to be firing any people.
Speaker 3: So what we are is in kind.
Speaker 2: Of a stagnation type of situation. When he says in here that continues to bleed jobs, well, if we're bleeding jobs, if people are getting laid off, then the unemployment rate would go up. The unemployment rate had been at four point two percent under the Biden administration, dip down to four four point one in the first quarter, and then is back up to four point two, almost about four point three, and they're claiming that this is the highest in over four years. Well, it is where it has been. It is not going up, it's not going down. So where this abysmal job market is basically right now, what the situation is is that for every job opening, there is zero point nine eight percent people available for those jobs. So there are more jobs than there are people to fill those jobs. So I'm not sure where he's coming up with this idea. ADP data in a lieu of the US the usual US Bureau of Labor statistics, which are unavailable during the government shutdown, suggests that private sector lost thirty two thousand jobs last month. Now, that is private sector numbers, and as we've seen in the past and as a been explained in the past, ADP, their numbers are part of the numbers that are collected, but they are a smaller part and generally aren't as reliable as the other job creation numbers that come about. So bake banking on that is not really an excellent thing to do. That's following the month's dismal BLS report, which was from the previous month that showed that the economy had only added twenty two thousand jobs. Again, when you're talking about businesses that are holding on to their employees because they don't want to lose those employees when things turn around and the economy booms, and I'll keep saying this, the thing that's holding back our economy is high interest rates. You keep hearing story after story of where people they're wanting to jump in and buy a new car, they're wanting to buy those durable goods companies want to expand. They want to buy new machinery. They want to add on to their buildings so they can manufacture or wholesale more stuff. Retailers are wanting to expand, but they can't expand because it's going to take money.
Speaker 3: They're going to have to borrow money.
Speaker 2: Kids, young people are sitting on the sidelines, wanting to jump into the housing market, but because interest rates are so high, they're sitting on the sidelines. Some people that have houses are looking at what their current mortgage is and they don't want to take on a mortgage that's twice what their current mortgage is, so they're staying put. So you've got fewer houses on the market because these people aren't moving, and so you have these things being held back. And when you look at our interest rates compared to the other countries of European Union, Canada, other countries, Japan, our interest rates are much higher than theirs. So if you want the economy, and every time we read and every time Reuter's does the story on how oil prices are, they will reference interest rates.
Speaker 3: When the Fed is going to move lower.
Speaker 2: Interest rates stimulates the economy, increases governments, or increases consumer spending and adds to more consumption of gasoline. Big surprise there, But of course at the Federal Reserve, Lion Jerry Powell and the boy boys just don't quite understand that. Coming up, we'll finish this up, this particular story and move on to some other mischief. I'm Kevin Gordon. America'struck a network seven hundred WLW proggressive commercial insurance pretext truck owners with specialized coverages for heavy trucks WLW. I'm Kevin Gordon, finishing up this particular story. He goes through this, He says, one explanation of this story, US economy growing at fastest paced in nearly two years. The White House has declared at explosive growth. And then later on the story says, what's really going on in the economy, because you've got the tale of two cities basically that certain economic numbers are pointing to one and others are pointing in others. And the only other dismal, the only dismal part of the economy that he's talking about is jobs and job creation. Well, again, if companies are not hiring and they're not firing, that's a good thing because if people aren't getting laid off, the unemployment rate isn't going up. He says in here, one explanation for the mixed economics signals is that the rising consumer spending is only being driven by a small percentage of the highest income earners. I'm going to throw a little question out there for everybody, and of course you can't respond, but be certainly interested to see this. If we could a little show of hands, what do you consider somebody that is wealthy? How much of an income do you think that is considered wealthy. Let me just throw that out there and let that simmer for a moment. They're talking about that. The data showed that the bottom eighty percent of people that are not they're basically, you know, spending with they're normally spending. But the high income earners are the people that are doing most of the consumer spending, which when I read that led me, I mean just before I even read any further, led me to believe that, or led me to think about, well, the stuff that we're seeing people buying groceries, clothing, retail and so on, I you know, people going out to dinner and so on. Anecdotally, I keep talking about how you know, Our station is located away across the street from a major mall, and almost every time you look over there, it's almost like every day it's Christmas.
Speaker 3: The Christmas season. That mall is packed.
Speaker 2: When I drive around in northern Kentucky and look at the different malls or the different shopping centers on Saturdays and Sundays, they're packed, Restaurants are packed. And where you know where this consumer spending isn't happening. I'm not sure that I read they're into this. The data shows that anyone making under one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars a year, they're just getting by or they're just spending on what they're spending. So according to what these people are considering, So when you hear when you hear the people talk about that the tax breaks in this blah blah blah blah blah is only done for the richest people in this country one hundred and seventy eight one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars a year. When you take into consideration possibly two teachers or two people from a family, the husband wife working. That is about where people's incomes are.
Speaker 3: And to say.
Speaker 2: That that is considered wealthy and that that is where where the tax breaks are going to the wealthiest among us. Well, I would say that if you know to me that in my opinion, that is in about what would classify as in these days of middle class. And the fact that, I mean, you cannot compare if people are not working and refuse to work and are on welfare or on And you know, one of the other things that people aren't talking about enough is the fact that after the pandemic, how many people have claimed that they have health related issues as relates as a consequence of getting COVID and that they you know, they just cannot seem to get it together enough to work, or some of the people that.
Speaker 3: Have gotten the JAB that are.
Speaker 2: Having health issues and can't work, the amount of supplemental income, the people that are claiming disability nobody. I'm gonna have to do a little digging on this, but the numbers and right after the pandemic, up to the first couple of well year year and a half, those numbers were astronomical. Now I don't know if those numbers have fallen off or meet more people have jumped on there. But when you look at our labor participation rate and how it has come down. It has come down as a result of a lot of people claiming disability as a result of the pandemic.
Speaker 3: So the fact that that end.
Speaker 2: Of the of the spectrum, if they're getting governments subsistence and you've got them consuming, and then you've got the middle, you've got what they consider poor consuming, and.
Speaker 3: Then you have the upper with the rich.
Speaker 2: You know, anything over one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars, that's where the bulk of the spending is coming from. And when you go to the grocery store, I just I'm sorry, I don't see it.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: Going back to I want to mention the fact that over the weekend, my wife was up in northern Ohio, northwestern Ohio. Her son was out of town or our son was out of town for the weekend, and so she was up there house sitting and with their daughter and driving up there. The amount of traffic that I saw to go pick her up and driving back, the number of trucks on the road. She was telling me that over the weekend or on Saturday, that went to the mall up there, and she said it was it was busy, so we're talking. You know, I only have my experience, my anecdotal evidence from what I see here in the Greater since Northern Kentucky area. But when you look at the business activity in northwest Ohio, that's yes, it's still anecdotal evidence. But I don't see people slowing down. When we have these reports about retail sales unexpectedly being higher. That isn't all done by the rich and super rich. That's got to be done by somebody. And for the fact that him pointing this out that oh well, this is just the people that are doing the most of the spending are the wealthiest among us.
Speaker 3: I'm not buying it.
Speaker 2: Then I keep hearing about inflation, you know, people keep talking about inflating. I've heard more conversations about people talking about how high prices grocery prices and so on, and the question I have and every time this has come up, I've asked them, how do they shop?
Speaker 3: But I just go in and I buy stuff.
Speaker 2: Do you not pay attention to the sales the stuff that's on sale in particular week. Now, when I want it, I just go on and I get it. And when you do that, yeah, you're going to notice a high value of stuff, because if you look at some of these things at the grocery shelves the way that I look at them, they are up one week, then they go on sale the following week, and it seems like every couple of weeks those items go on sale. And if you are going and you're buying what you're going to buy during when the prices are high, yeah, it's going to appear that way. But I've heard more talk about inflation and more talk about people struggling as far as seeing high prices than I did back in twenty twenty two, when we had inflation in the month of June at nine point two percent. Let's do a little bit of a history lesson here. For twenty twenty one, in the first year of the Biden presidency, annual inflation was at seven percent. Annual inflation in twenty twenty two six point five percent, twenty twenty three three point four. For the entire month of twenty twenty four, or the entire year of twenty twenty four was down at two point nine percent. And I saw a story yesterday, actually yesterday that said, well, inflation is on the rise. Inflation is higher than it was last year. Yeah, the inflation last year was at two point nine percent, and with what October November three more months of the year, well, actually basically two and a half more months of the year, it is projected that inflation will be two point nine two percent. So, yeah, two point nine last year and then two point nine two now, Yeah, that inflation is really going out of control. Nobody was talking about inflation in twenty twenty one, and now all of a sudden people want to talk about inflation. And yet when you look at the numbers, when you delve into the numbers and you see where and what is going up, what's going down, what the experts are telling us is not what the facts are. Well, folks, that does it frus. Stay tuned for Red Eye Radio Top of the Hour. I'm Kevin Gordon, america'struck in Network seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Into the fourteenth day of the government shutdown and no relief in sight. Well the top of the Hour report, I'm Lee Mawan breaking now