Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: I want to shout out and say congratulations to Randy Auerbach. Randy retired yesterday from iHeartMedia and job well done. Randy turned in his I don't know his tool belt. He was our chief engineer at this radio station for way more than a decade. I don't even know how long, maybe fifteen years. Here's thirty two years in the business.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I think he was the chief for like at least maybe eighteen of those years or twenty of those years, I don't know. He was amazing, so he always worked hard.
Speaker 1: He had not enough help. I hate to say it.
Speaker 2: I mean they you know, back in the day, for all the radio stations that we have, like seven radio stations, you would at least have five engineers, And there was a point where it was like Randy and Mark and that.
Speaker 1: Was pretty much it.
Speaker 2: And so so it was cool. So yesterday they had a good bye party for him. And of course, if I retire and you guys throw a good bye party and somebody plays Mojo bingo, I want you guys to know this, I will come back and haunt your ass when I retire. Please do me a favor. Let my wife throw the party. Okay, she does throw a good party this tradition.
Speaker 3: I had to run out, so I wasn't able to stay because the kids had other annual doctor's appointments. But did they give him like an.
Speaker 4: Award or Yeah, they gave him a kim presenting him with a beautiful plaque. It had his name on it, all written in gold script and beautiful calligraphy, had his name first and last and at the very top to signify his chief engineership and it's thirty two years of service.
Speaker 1: A gold screwdriver. A gold screwdriver.
Speaker 2: Actually, can I tell you what was given to him that I thought was the coolest thing? The new engineer, No Andy, the other.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I say we got two.
Speaker 2: Gave a cleaned up. He cleaned it up top of the channel ninety five to five tower.
Speaker 1: Super cool up there. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: So the top piece of the tower, there's a there's a metal piece that holds that light that blinks up on the top of the power tower and there's a metal piece.
Speaker 1: He shined it all up. It looks it looked it was gold.
Speaker 2: And he basically said, hey, this is the top of the tower that you kept, you know, for long, and Randy said he's gonna use it as like a paperweight or something on his desk. It was pretty cool. I thought that was actually very classy and such a cool thing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was neat. It was eat.
Speaker 3: You're ready for everything you've done for us because I know over the years, like we've had some wild things going on, and he kept it together for us.
Speaker 1: So this was a part.
Speaker 2: This is a realization for me that I, you know, you don't know the people that you work with. Sometimes when Randy had a daughter that was at Taylor Swift with him, he went to Taylor back in the day. Because I looked at Randy honestly as a guy that was working all the time. I didn't even know he had kids, Like it's crazy, And that just shows you how many hours a man works and how you know much the guy has to to do and puts into his job. And sometimes you don't even know his family life and what his family's life. But I can only imagine that his wife is very happy that they're not going to be getting phone calls from the Mojo in the morning show at five am as saying that something is broken.
Speaker 4: So Buddy had to climb all the way to the top on a tour to get that thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just just changed We just changed our tower out, just literally. That's why Randy waited until this week to he hung on to do to make sure that that happens. So, guys, guys awesome. He completes, completes the job. So so thank you to Randy Auerbach. I got a chance to hang out with the rest of the radio staff here from all the other radio stations and got to see my good friend Jay Towers yesterday. And I got to talk to Jay, who, by the way, looks unbelievable. I mean, if you haven't seen or followed J on social media, go follow J. Jay's jay Is It's so funny, I said to J. I go. In the last like maybe six months, he has been to see Bobby Brown like three times, Keith Sweat, Tony Braxton, SWV, his favorite group of all time, New Edition. And I mean, this guy's living like his his best nineties R and B life right now.
Speaker 1: You want to see as he was at Ausher and Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: And he goes to these you know concerts and then puts these cool like you know videos and stuff together on social media, and I said to him, I go, you know, man, you're like going on and he's like, I know, he goes, you know, he basically was I think he thought I was going to make fun of him, and I'm not. And that's the problem with Jay and IRE's relationship because it was so contentious for a while. Where I was it was like the David Letterman Leno thing back in the day, where we would go back and I would go back and forth with him, just try to, you know, rile him up, and he would ignore me the entire time and not say anything, which was probably the smart thing to do. And now I'm kind of like past that where I don't do it, but I still think he thinks that in my head that's what I'm doing. I did notice something that he was doing yesterday that I do want to point out, well it was and I don't know if this is because of something with me, and if it.
Speaker 1: Is, please tell me.
Speaker 2: Every time that I would talk to him and I was trying to engage in conversation with him, which he was engaging back, he would back up like two or so steps every time that I would get closer to.
Speaker 1: Him, and did your teeth yesterday.
Speaker 2: I am not lying to you, guys. I don't think I smell. But I also don't lie to you. I wasn't that close like I was about. I was about Shannon's distance away, how Shannon is sitting here? Really?
Speaker 3: And every Yeah, I swear to you, sometimes you can be a little bit of a close talker.
Speaker 1: What I get close? Sometimes I didn't think I was.
Speaker 4: When I saw standing next to each other, y'all, we're a lot closer than you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Space.
Speaker 2: So how what is the proper distance to be from somebody talking to them?
Speaker 4: I think like like and not because sometimes and nothing about it. It's not always a body odor thing. It's not always a breadth thing. It's just a proximity thing.
Speaker 1: Like it. I was so close to you, it is damn near weird.
Speaker 3: But did he back up just one time? Or did he continue to do it about the conversation?
Speaker 1: It was like three or four times? Well you step forward when he backed up? No, I put here's the problem. I couldn't hear him.
Speaker 2: There's people talking, it's a huge room of people, and every time he backs up, I'm thinking to myself, I can't understand what the hell you're saying, so I'm trying to get closer so that I'm not having to say what did you say?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Like I was, I was trying to be U.
Speaker 2: As respectful as I possibly could, and I got to be quite honest with you. I don't consider myself a close talker, but now that you just said that, that makes me now fearful that I am.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you just don't want to talk to the person well like that, and then you start backing up and they started coming forwards, like I'm actually trying to get out of this situation.
Speaker 2: I mean, I I'll be be quite honest with you. I do sense that sometimes when I do have conversations, maybe he doesn't want to talk to me, but but I do like to talk to him. I actually enjoy talking to him. I enjoy his company, I enjoy being around him and stuff. But it was it was one of those situations where I was like, I'm like, hey, I was like, okay, so tell me about Keith Sweat and.
Speaker 1: He's like.
Speaker 2: He's pulling back a little bit. What it's so, so give me. I know that you say that is how long is that from you?
Speaker 1: You and Anna like it.
Speaker 4: Depends on like if I'm trying to like if I'm trying to tell her something like you know, it depends on the topic of conversation.
Speaker 1: If we just talking like this is cool. So it's like this is like inviting other people into the.
Speaker 2: Convers It's like the Holy Spirit away from you, like they used to say in Catholic school with girls that were wearing or dancing with boys at the.
Speaker 3: Room for Jesus Room for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it made me feel like. It made it kind of made me feel like not that I smelled or anything, but that I was just a large man that he just did not want to get close to.
Speaker 1: Like I kind of kind of felt like what was his facial expression?
Speaker 2: Though Jay's good at not letting making me feel like I am annoying him at the time.
Speaker 1: Until later when I think about it, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's freeway shooting on Detroit's West side, So this happened on the.
Speaker 1: This is near Bitler Foxes or Murdoch joins Uspot from the c J looks.
Speaker 2: So good on TV. Yeah, J looks, by the way, so young, so much younger.
Speaker 3: Honest to God, I feel like he's aged backwards recently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looks so much younger, and it looks so good. He's all got nice you know, real fitted suits and stuff.
Speaker 4: But you're probably enjoying his life that you say, going all these concerts.
Speaker 1: He's probably feeling good and well think about it.
Speaker 2: He's like skinny as hell, he's got great outfits and he's going to see all the artists that we grew up with.
Speaker 1: What's up, Ray, How you doing? I'm well, how are you guys this morning? Good? What's going on? So?
Speaker 5: I was just thinking about the whole proximity comment, and it's one of those situations where like, if you're a taller.
Speaker 1: Guy and you're bigger, it's almost like you're just towering over people.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter really how close you are to them, Like and if you get too close, then you really are towering over people.
Speaker 1: You're not that much taller. Oh yeah I am, are you? Yeah? Got deeper? Yeah? Oh yeah, I am a giant. He's Kevin size.
Speaker 4: I feel like I feel like you may be ahead above.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that's not that, that's not that crazy.
Speaker 1: They're the same, hy.
Speaker 2: So do you think that it's like it's the intimidation. Here's the other thing too. Now if he backs up now two feet away from me and I'm taller, I'm up in the air. I can't hear anything.
Speaker 1: So I can't end up giving somebody like a neck cramp or something when they have to stance.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean he's like wide lensing me a little bit. What's going on, Amanda? How you doing him?
Speaker 5: Ota first time caller, A long time.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 5: So I call him because I've actually reached out a few times. But you've mentioned in the past in trouble with reading dyslexia a d D. And now with this spatial awareness with your personal space, it sounds a lot like you might have a visual dysfunction. I work in vision therapy, so we work with a lot of people with similar difficulties and it's actually very treatable. So I wanted to just let you know if that's something you and check it out.
Speaker 2: Do I got to do another like sleep study and stay overnight somewhere.
Speaker 1: I just did one for sleep.
Speaker 5: No, it's super quick, super easy, just some like tracking tests and to see how your eyes are working. Huge. These issues are no, not at all. It doesn't hurt.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so people with like a lazy eye, that's one issue.
Speaker 2: I mean that is I got one yea, I think it's I think it's my right eye, my right eye I got.
Speaker 1: I got heavy eyelids, I say. So.
Speaker 5: It's really easy to fix though, So if you ever want to fix it, see a developments how time of trust. We are in Northville, but so struggling struggle with these issues.
Speaker 2: Do me a favorite text nine five five zero zero with your office name and stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, I will thanks going on, all.
Speaker 5: Right, thank you.
Speaker 3: By the way, you know what I need gluten allergies.
Speaker 2: I need a handicap sticker for my car because I think I will earn it