Speaker 1: Broadcasting across the LA Dodgers Audio network on the iHeartRadio apps.
Speaker 2: Level for another set.
Speaker 3: Who could do it lightly?
Speaker 2: Damn another yea like the best player he's ever seen.
Speaker 1: Welcome into a playoff edition of Marongo Casino Todgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: It's a whole new season now your pregame. Look at the world champion LA Todgers.
Speaker 3: Oh that show road still goes through lay girls. And this is not a SLB mahoti musim position.
Speaker 1: If you want to coming now, your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Golden, my god, it's Tim Cakes.
Speaker 4: Hi everybody, and welcome into Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers, one win away from a return to the World Series. Tonight, Game four of the twenty twenty five National League Championship Series, Dodgers and bro Dodgers a three to oh series lead, and they give the ball to show. Hey Otani tonight from Dodgers Stadium. First pitch coming up at five thirty eight, coming up over the next hour, we got a lot to get to here a Morong Goo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from manager Dave Roberts his pregame thoughts leading in to this pivotal Game four. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David vat Sin is gonna go one on one with Pedro Martinez. Yes, Pedro Martinez coming up in forty five minutes. Kirsten Watson from Sports in NLA will stop by as well. We got your Dodgers magical moment and in just a few minutes we will check it with Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday over in the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well, yesterday, the Dodgers return home with the two oh series lead, and they gave the ball to Tyler Glass Now who would pitch into the sixth inning. Allowed one run on three hits while striking out eight.
Speaker 3: He got an early lead to work with.
Speaker 4: Show Hey Otani let off the bottom of the first with a triple. Next batter, Mookie Bets.
Speaker 5: Here's Mookie Betts a chance to start the scoring in Game three, Ashby deals. Betts swings PA's head right center field into the cap. Oh Tony scrolls home Bets heading for second. They'll throw in his laid harbid double Bookie Betts and the Dodgers out of the gates in Game three, one to nothing and.
Speaker 6: Bets Is taking double right out of the batter's vox.
Speaker 4: Mookie Betts with the RBI double, Dodgers grabbed a one nothing lead. The brewersoh and tie things up on a Boers RBI single in the top half of the second, and then it remained a pictures duel when Tyler Glasnow and Jacob Mezzeroski, who went five innings, striking out nine.
Speaker 3: The Shadows played.
Speaker 4: A part in the game, but finally in the six, Dotters got a little traffic on the base pass.
Speaker 3: For Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 5: Now Tommy Edmond first and second, one out in the six. Game three, tied at one, Imsaroski deals, Edmund swings, he dumps one down in the center field. Will Smith has a light the three home is cut off. Now Freddy Freeman to third.
Speaker 3: He's saved.
Speaker 5: Smith scores on the RBI base hit from Tommy Edmund and the Dodgers grabbed the lead in game three.
Speaker 4: How about that the twenty twenty four NLCS MVP Tommy Edmond picking right buck up here in the twenty twenty five NLCS and RBI single scoring Will Smith Dodgers a two to nothing lead. Later in the ning, Freddie Freeman, standing on third base, a rebate throws away a pickoff at first down the first base line in walks in is Freddy Freeman. Dodgers with a three to one lead. Tyler Glasdell pitched into the sixth inning. He turned it over to the bullpen and they were absolutely fantastic. Alex Vesia two thirds of an inning. Blake Trining came in two thirds of innight, no runs. Anthony Banda pitched the eighth inning.
Speaker 3: It was scoreless.
Speaker 4: He then turned it over to rookie Susaki, who pitched the ninth inning to pick up the save.
Speaker 3: Dodgers win again.
Speaker 4: They beat the Brewers yesterday by a final of three to one to take a commanding three to oh series lead in this best of seven NLCS, and now tonight game four of the National League Championship Series. Show Hey O Tani on the mound and a chance for the Dodgers to close things out here in this NLCS and punch their ticket for another trip to the World Series. And with more we head over to the Gaping Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Mounday, guys.
Speaker 3: All right, Tim Kats.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers need one more one more win to get back to the World Series. Would be the first defending champion since the Phillies in two thousand and nine to return to the Fall Classic. One more game standing in their way, Rick Monday, and they have their unicorn on the mound. Starting Game four, show hey old Tani against Jose Kintana. But first game three. You know, we talked often about the Dodgers' pitching sas especially the starting pitching throughout this postseason. We've talked about other offense and guys who've been performing, guys who need to get going. The fact of the matter is yesterday's game was one.
Speaker 6: With the glove, absolutely with defense, and I think it got overlooked in the shuffle of trying to win ball games. And glass now goes five and two thirds one run, only three hits, struck out eight. But if it comes down to two plays, in particular, in the top of the second inning, after a triple and an RBI single, Max Munsey made a play at third base that if he does not make the play, a run scores, and at the time that was already a one to one tie. It would have been the Brewers going up by a score of two to one. And then the Mookie Betts play that he made in the ninth inning to stop what could have been leading to trouble because it was the leadoff hitter in the top of the ninth inning. If he gets a board, the Brewers have the potential tying run at home played. So defense maybe got overlooked in the shuffle, but my goodness, it helped lead to a three to one victory in last night's ball game.
Speaker 5: And it takes us back to the conversation we had ahead of Game one. This series might hinge on the Dodgers' ability to catch and throw the ball cleaning.
Speaker 2: Look, there have been some.
Speaker 5: Airs, some misplays, to be sure, but in big spots yesterday they came through. And so now that sets the stage for tonight's ball game. What are you expecting? What are you anticipating in this one?
Speaker 6: I expect the Brewers to come out and play the game of baseball like the hair is on fire, because if not, they're gonna be waiting till spring running. They're gonna pull out all the stops. They have a ball club that is very talented. It's not really been able to flex their muscles so far. In fact, in this series, the Brewers are hitting as a team just one oh one. They're nine hits in eighty nine advants. They've scored just three runs. They have struck out thirty times in those eighty nine advants. That has got to change. I think it will change.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: The question is how long is show? Hey, o'tany gonna be going? We'll talk later about the Dodgers in Otani, but it has been a while since he has pitched the previous outing. There had also been a period of time being not finch and yet his control was right there, surprised everybody.
Speaker 5: The fact of the matter is that the Brewers offense has gone ice cold. This was a team that had basically the best offense in baseball going back toward the middle of May, and they have just fallen flat. Those nine hits for the first three games tied for the fewest in any series ever with the nineteen six Chicago White Sox. They've just completely stopped hitting. And Tim is to get it back to you, what is it bothering me about this kind of the national punitry that's going on as the Dodgers have taken this three to nothing series lead, is how everyone is turning it into a bullet point in the conversation about labor negotiations and salary caps. The fact of the matter is the salary cap has nothing to do with the Brewers hitting one oh one in this series. When they're the best team in baseball all year long, the best hitting team with runners in scoring position all year long. They can't get a runner in scoring position. That has nothing to do with payroll mode. But that's what we're hearing right now. You know, I'm sorry, and you get off the soapbox because you gotta get back to Tim.
Speaker 6: No, it's a good soapbox and it holds. The water is not about soured. It's about production, and so far the Dodgers have been able to curtail the Milwaukee Brewers' production.
Speaker 5: And they want a stiff arm an attempt at an historic comeback. Only one team ever has come back from a three to zero series deficit in the best of seven. The Dodgers want to avoid that. We'll be back a little bit later, Tim with some keys.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot, Nelly, As we cut your down to first pitch.
Speaker 4: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. We're off and running here on Barrago Casino. Dodgers on deck. Coming up. You're gonna hear from Pedro Martinez. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts' pregame thoughts. David Vat say our Dodger insider will check in throughout the hour. Of course, we got your Dodgers magical moment. Charlie Steiner visits with us as well. That's all coming up as we lead you up to first pitch for Game four of the National League Championship Series Dodgers and the Brewers. First pitch coming up at five thirty eight. I'm Tim Katsis the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers in the Brewers, Game four the National League Championship Series, brought to you by RCO Quality, top tier gash for less. This Dodgers starting pitching staff has been top tier all postseason long, in particular in this NLCS Blake Snell eight innings of working Game one, Yoshinovo Yamamoto, of course, the complete Game three hitter in Game two. Tyler Klassnow was really good going toe to toe with Jacobzerowski yesterday with the Shadows here at that early start at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and Brewers going at it. Potential closeout game for the Dodgers here in Game four, first pitch coming up at five thirty eight.
Speaker 2: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 4: Hey CIRs now joins us here at Dodgers Dandy brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate the old car call eats up and seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents are standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Here we are Dodgers, a three to zero series lead in this National League Championship Series, and no better person to have on the mound to close out this series than show Hey Otani.
Speaker 7: Really and truly, because look, we have talked at length about some of the offensive struggles for Show Hey. This postseason and for him to be in a position to really make his mark, for him to be in a position in which they can close out this series moving on to the World Series. This is a big day for him. Of course, he is the dh They do have a left on the mound and that has posed to be a challenge, but he's been facing them a little bit better as the series has gone on, whether it was the triple yesterday or even when he faced Ashby and Milwaukee finding a way to get to him. So when you look at things like that, this could be a huge day for show. Hey Otani. Obviously, it's going to start with the pitching. He can set the tone. We've been seeing excellent outings from our starters, so that's really the focus. But I did love what Dave Roberts said, if just like this is how he can make his mark on this series, and so that means it's going to be a big day for him. We know the competitor that he is, and so I'm excited to see what happened.
Speaker 4: With the Dodgers on the verge of clinching a NLCS again here with the wayn tonight and he could happen tonight could happen tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We'll find out.
Speaker 4: But talk radio has been all about who's the MVP this NLCS. I got it with Dwayne here before we go on, and it's interesting, there's no offensive player in the Dodgers lineup that's really stood out.
Speaker 3: We were like, Wow, this guy, no doubt he's gonna be the MVP.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's been an interesting one. Whereas last year it was a no brainer that Tommy Edmund was going to be the NLCS MVP, just what he was doing. I remember sending text messages to like different group chats that literally just said Tommy exclamation points through the roof like all the time. So this year it has looked a little bit different, but we have seen remarkable pitching performances, and so I look hopefully show Hey has a phenomenal outing. Realistically, he can only really get up to about one hundred pitches, so hopefully he can get through like seven innings of work. That's ideal circumstances for show Ay. Now, if he has seven perfect innings, then something else is on the table, you know, like and maybe two home runs, then we're gonna have a different conversation. But if things kind of continue as and maybe we see six really solid innings from showhy goes to the bullpen. We're kind of continuing to see the walks and peppering the ball and bringing in a few runs.
Speaker 3: I would just, I personally.
Speaker 7: Would go for co MVP with two starting pitchers, and that would be Blake SNeW and Yoshinoviyamoto.
Speaker 3: What they have been able.
Speaker 7: To do, it's just I mean, those are performances we're going to talk about forever. So I think that's my vote. I don't know, We'll see what happens, obviously, but I don't know. I just think it'd be really cool to see those two holding up the trophy.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest with you, I'm surprised at the dominance of this Dodger team in this series. Yeah, I thought this would be a little bit closer than a possible four oh suite.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I think we the NLDS was very much like that. You know, the NLDS, the Phillies, the Dodgers. That was a huge series. But I don't know, when I look at the Brewers right now, we know how talented that group is, and anything is possible. They can very much fight their way back into this. Hopefully they don't, but they obviously had the talent to do just that. But I kind of look at when I believe twenty twenty one, when the Dodgers and the Giants faced and the NLDS and the Dodgers went on to Atlanta for the NLCS, that rivalry of the Dodgers and the Giants, it.
Speaker 3: Was so emotionally charged.
Speaker 7: It was so intense, and it was exhausting, and then honestly a lot of the guys got sick afterwards, and so then the team went on to Atlanta, and that kind of feels like this now. I know the Dodgers were more competitive in that series because what I went to six games before the Braves excuse me, went on to win the World Series. But something about that divisional matchup, the rivalry that reminds me of the Brewers and the Cubs, and so it just feels like a different team for them right now. But it also also the Dodgers look unstoppable at this moment, and that's the part that's kind of like something truly clicked. I know Davis saying like Baltimore kind of was the turning point, but something clicked for this group and they're untouchable, so.
Speaker 4: See if they can do it tonight and this close out game with show. Hey on the Mount Kirston, We appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here on Morongco because you know, Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: We'll check in with David Vass say what up next?
Speaker 4: We'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts his pregame thoughts. It's the Dodgers and Brewers, Game four the National League Championship Series.
Speaker 3: First fitch at five thirty eight.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, w.
Speaker 2: Your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino Dodgers on decontinues as we leads you up to first pitch. It's Game four of the National League Championship Series, Dodgers and the Brewers. Marongo Casino Resort ends by a grand slam for a good time show. Hey o Tani on the mound of closings, Out for the Blue. First pitch coming up at five thirty eight.
Speaker 8: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 2: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it all started, certainly in spring training with this year's club being prepared for this moment. I think it's it's kind of what we kind of see the season is. It doesn't matter the circumstances situation. We have a certain way of approaching each day and so you know it, you know, from the first game of the series, first game the postseason, versus being up three zero, it doesn't change kind of our outlook on today. We're trying to play good baseball and win a game. You know, when you're winning, you're trailing. We sort of have that same mindset and so I think that consistency of kind of thinking and preparation, you know, put us in this position. But yeah, we we realize that there's a lot of work to do and those guys aren't going to lay down, and we need to, you know, have show Hay pitch well today and get some timely hitting and you know, put these guys away.
Speaker 9: Kevin fourth Row on the.
Speaker 10: Left, Dave, thanks again for your time. Justin Dean has had a very defined role in this postseason. In fact, you pinch hit from the other day didn't get to get a plate appearance?
Speaker 3: Would you why why was that?
Speaker 10: Would you like to see him get a plate appearance? And do you ever reflect back on your experience in two thousand and four where you played three games and didn't get a plate appearance.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had a defined role. He has a defined role.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: He has a very plus skill set to play center field, and and I feel that having him in center field makes our over outfield defense better. But yeah, I think that if there's a chance to you know, have them bad, it's probably unlikely, but it's not impossible. But yeah, I mean it's a defined role, and I think that with kind of he just raises the floor for our for our defense.
Speaker 4: All Right, there's a manager Dave robertson his pregame thoughts is the lineup is set show Hey Otani on the matt looking to close out the Milwaukee Brewers.
Speaker 3: But it won't be easy.
Speaker 4: Jose Cantana, the left hander will go for Milwaukee. The veteran will dive deeper. That pitching matchup coming up. But up next here on Morongco Casino Dodgers on deck, we'll check in with the David Vada leads you up to first pitch from Dodgers Stadium. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's Game four the National League Championship Series from Dodger Stadium, Dodgers and the Milwaukee Brewers, LA with a three to zero series lead. Show Hey O Toddy on the mound, hopefully close things out for the blue first pitch coming up at five thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David BASSI.
Speaker 4: All right, DV, before we get into the night's game, go back to the last Night one a performance from the Dodger bullpen along with Tyler Glass. Now, Dodgers scored two runs in the six, hang on and get the three.
Speaker 3: To one win.
Speaker 4: But everybody's still buzzing about that ninth Indium play from Mookie Betts.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I asked, no Mark Garciapara if I should correct myself and say it was no mar esque instead of Jeter esque, And he said, no, you had it right the way the foot that he played antiton and through was more jeter than me. And even Key k Hernandez, who fancies himself as a short stop before he became a utility player, was raving about Mookie's transition from right field to shortstop.
Speaker 12: But to be able to go from right field to short and play it at such a high elite level with no experience whatsoever other than I don't know how many games he played last year, but that's about it. At the most important position in the field. It's I mean, it's it's still really impressive, and you kind of take it for granted. You see his the level that he's played at all year long defensively, and you kind of take it for granted and you forget that.
Speaker 3: He's kind of new at the position.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and that's something that you know, Mookie has worked on going back to not only last season before he was moved back to right field, but also you know, right after the World Series ended, he took a week off and then to work to try to be this caliber is shortstop and he is going to be if he wins the goal Glove this year. Only the second player in baseball history to win a goal Glove in the outfield and on the infield, but his infield position is a premium position at shortstop. Darren Erstad with the Angels won the goal Glove twice in the outfield and once at first base.
Speaker 4: David is brought to you by Ford. It's time to see Ford in a new light. It would be something if he could do that showy Otani gets.
Speaker 3: To start tonight.
Speaker 4: We know what he really hasn't done it to play in this postseason, but tonight, certainly, if he can get it done on the mound, the Dodgers can close out this series.
Speaker 11: I know there's been a lot of talk about who's the NLCSMVP, But if Otani comes out tonight and pitches six scoreless and even drives in a run, all of a sudden, you know, all the talk about Otani having a horrible series changes to possibly him winning the nlcs MVP leadoff triple yesterday scored his first run since the Wildcard Series and him pitching tonight. What other pitcher has going to do what O'twani may do in this series. So again, he separates himself by being able to do both things at such a.
Speaker 4: High level Dave real quick keeping an eye on this ALCS Blue Jays on top of the Mariners two to one in the top half of the six inning Game.
Speaker 3: Five of this series tied at two.
Speaker 4: Who's a better matchup for this Dodgers team in the World Series?
Speaker 11: Well, first and foremost, it's a good thing for the Dodgers that this series is being extended into Game five Game six for the Dodgers because whoever comes out of this ALCS their pitching is not going to be in a great spot. But I would say the best matchup for the Dodgers would be the Mariners. Their lineup is not as lethal as the Blue Jays, and also, the Dodgers would have home field advance against the Mariners, where the Blue Jays would have home field advantage against the Dodgers in a World Series matchup. So for those reasons, I would say the Mariners.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, David Gray Stuff.
Speaker 4: We'll check back in with DV in just a couple of minutes. It's gonna go one on one with Pedro Martinez. Yes, coming up in the last than fifteen minutes. Don't go anywhere when we come back. Your Dodgers magical Moment Dodgers Brewers Game four the National League Championship Series. First pitch coming up in five thirty eight.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim kas Is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 2: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers of Milwaukee Brewers Game four the National League Championship Series. Show Hey Otani on the mountain for the Dodgers to try to close things out. Jose Quintana, the left hander. We'll go for Milwaukee. First pitch coming up at five thirty eight.
Speaker 9: Hot Dog, who wants a hot con?
Speaker 2: It's time for the Hawfy.
Speaker 1: Magical Moment Dihitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot tis Oh.
Speaker 4: We go back to the magical year of nineteen eighty eights. The NLCS Dodgers and the New York Mets, Game four at Shay Stadium in Queens, New York. The game went to the twelfth inning before Kirk Gibson put the Dodgers ahead.
Speaker 13: Gibson hits a high drive, a towering drive to deep right center field, and that one is gone. So he hits a hole run in the twelfth inning after not hitting a ball out of the infield all night long, and as Tim just said, a low ball hitter against the sacred ball pitcher.
Speaker 9: That is only the second home run all year off Roger mcgal.
Speaker 14: The other hit got both daz of the Cincinnati Reds, but not as big as baby, and that might be the quietest home run in the history of baseball.
Speaker 13: There are about nine people classic.
Speaker 4: Al Michaels and Tim McCarver on the call in the game that went to twelve innings before Kurt Gibson called game for the Dodgers with to go ahead home run in the top half of the twelve innings. Of course, the Dodgers would go on win that series and then go on and win the World Series. As Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Haffy hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Haffy hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check out with Charlie Steiner as we lead you up to first bitch, don't forget David Vesk goes one on one with Pedro Martinez coming up in ten minutes, so he leads up to Dodgers and Brewers Game four, the National League Championship Series. I'm Tim Kases, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 2: On your home for the Blue.
Speaker 3: Good Law.
Speaker 4: Game four the National League Championship Series. Show Hey Otani on the Mountain. Dodgers and the Brewers. First pitch coming up at five thirty eight time. Now for the Verizon startup, as we're a little bit more than thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your little price for three years so you could save big. Visit the Verizon store today. We had things over now to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 2: All right, Tim.
Speaker 15: Twenty one years ago tonight, Dave Roberts pinch ran for Kevin Mallar bottom of the ninth Game four of the Alcs, propelling the Red Sox from a three nothing deficit and going on to overcome the Yankees four games to three. Now this year, the Dodgers are playing. When I were just talking a minute ago, in this period of time, they're eight and one. Fundamentally everything is going right, pitching, hitting, and especially the defense.
Speaker 6: Well, and I think the defense is went of those categories quite frankly, Charlie. It was overlooked in particular maybe at third base. Well that's not been the case. If you look at Max Munsey, what a play he made last night, a critical situation and turned and fired after he made the stop and for one knee through home to get the runner there. Mookie Benz in the ninth inning and the Dodgers are up by two runs. The leadoff hitter Bens goes into the hole, he gets the ball and then the leaps into the air and throws over the first so the Brewers were denied the fact of having the potential tying run come to hope late in the top of the ninth inning. This defense has done everything to support some fantastic pitching. They've hit just well enough to have more runs on the board than what the Brewers have had. But thanks to the defense in the pitching.
Speaker 15: Dodgers have won eight of nine in the postseason, two in a row against the Reds, three out of four against the Phillies, and so far three for three against the Brewers. Saying the Roberts the other day, you're kind of like Ron Turka, the board secretariat, and down the stretch they come.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I think it's also worth noting that the Roberts has asked today about that stolen base, that everybody that was watching it, whether it be in the ballparker via television like most of us were, everybody in the ballpark knew he was going to be trying to steal well, and keep in mind, as that day was bringing up, he says, hey, look, we were down no games to three, and that's the situation of the team that he is managing today. Looking on the other side and knowing the plight of the Milwaukee Brewers, who, interesting enough, very quickly they had a couple of comments from a couple of players, and meeting with the media a little bit earlier, he says, hey, look, we don't have to be pretty playing tonight. We have twenty seven outs that we need to manage. The best way we can do it to come up with one victory and then have a game tomorrow.
Speaker 15: So in the nine games so far in the postseason, the Dodgers have out hit the opposition Brett's Billy's Brewers two fifty four to one, seventy four eighty point advantage. They've outscored the opposition forty one to twenty seven, the ops seven sixty one to five, thirty four home runs, ten to four pitching. Oh, by the way, Dodger eer two point six the opponents combined er four tons.
Speaker 3: So they're doing everything right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in particular in this series, if you look at the Brewers adding to it, they've hit. No, they're not driving on the road. The one to oh one that is their batting average. In the first three games of this series, they scored a totally just three runs. They have struck out thirty different times, and they have to figure out how they're gonna get to show, Hey, Otani, who's going to start tonight. Dave Roberts says, there is no pitch limitation on Otani.
Speaker 15: Otani everybody's crazy about. His batting average of the postseason clearly has not been terrific one p fifty eight and he struck out seventeen times. But in his last five starts on the mound, including the last regular season game, you've got a one forty er, struck out thirty six and walked only five.
Speaker 2: All right, so he can't hit.
Speaker 3: But yeah, bad pissure either.
Speaker 6: No, he's not what we are going to find out. It's been thirteen days since he was on the mound. Let's go back to the last start that he had, that was eleven days removed from a previous start. How did he do then, Well, he surprised everybody and had some very good control. That was Game one and Nash League A Division series where he went six innings, So that was an eleven day layoff. It's thirteen but he's been working, He's had bullpen sessions, so I expect both teams this could be, Charlie, just one heck of a good ballgame. Because the Brewer is fighting for the lives. The Doctors won advance right now tonight and have a chance to say, hey, look we're going to the World Series for the second year in a row.
Speaker 15: And down the stretch they come a week from to night Game one of the World Series.
Speaker 3: Tim Charlie, great to hear your voice.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it if we get you ready for Dodgers and the Brewers to join the Angels CITYFC all October long at BEBO as they hosted final three home games of the regular season. Tickets at info are available at Angelcity dot com plus plan ahead for next season twenty twenty six with season tickets with Angel CITYFC. We're also on sale right now Angelcity dot Com.
Speaker 3: Still to come.
Speaker 4: Here, I'm Rongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper into this Game four pitching matchup, but don't go anywhere. Up next, Pedro Martinez one on one with David Vaz say head out wait Dodgers Brewers Game four the National League Championship Series. I'm Tim katesis the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 9: As we were saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, is Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers of the Milwaukee Brewers, Game four the National League Championship Series.
Speaker 3: Show Hey Otani Jose Cantana.
Speaker 4: The pitching matchup, First pitch coming up in five thirty eight. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 2: This is high and tight.
Speaker 9: It's Game four of the NLCS.
Speaker 11: I'm rejoined right now by a man that was found by the Dodgers in the Dominican Republic. His brother Ramon, one of the great pictures of the nineties, and of course he's a Hall of Famer and does a great job for TBS. That's the one and only Pedro Martinez.
Speaker 9: Pedro.
Speaker 11: Awesome to have you at Dodger Stadium. Always special to see you here.
Speaker 16: Uh, it is an honor to be here, back where I I was developed to be uh, to be honest, and uh, where I made my debut. A lot of uh, you know, memories in here, A lot of great memories, and one nuts of great which was having to leave the Dodgers. I remember grying like a baby because I didn't know what I was gonna do. Actually, I was so young. I didn't know what to expect, what the future will hold for me. But now I'm glad I finally mature and I understand that baseball can also be business as well.
Speaker 11: No doubt, you had a great career, a Hall of Fame career, and you talk about maturity and changing teams.
Speaker 9: And learning how to grow.
Speaker 11: When you had that postgame interview with Blake Snell the other day, he really appreciated the questions that you had for him and how much growth have you seen in him?
Speaker 16: Well, I'm really impressed with his growth right around us in front of our eyes, and I wanted to ask him because I see him so elite. It's such a player that it's intriguing to actually get to know Blake Snell. Blake Snell is one of those rare breed of players that you can actually say has everything that you want to see in the picture and then the area that he asked for the big moment. I played for eighteen years and in a lot of postseason games, but to see a guy that can be so dominant during the postseason, he's a rare breed of player. He's a rare breed and I think that's a guy that everybody should should be keeping an eye on to see how everything just comes around for him.
Speaker 9: He has a great changeup. You had a great change up.
Speaker 11: Do you see any similarities on how he uses it? Because he was really excited about the fact that he had three different speeds for his changehop.
Speaker 16: I was the same way, but for some reason. For him, it seemed like it came later than it did for me. But the way he's using it now, it's actually scary because I'm gonna say this for the first time. I still think he's got a space to improve and to become better, which is really really impressive from a guy like Blake Snell. I think Blake Snell still has a little ways to go when it comes to developing everything he has. I think he's gonna have some space to improve even more his location. I think his change up is gonna get even better than it is. I think he's fastball. He's gonna learn how to locate better, which is scary to think. As good as he is, he still has ways to go when it comes to improving everything he is and what he can do.
Speaker 11: That's great words from a Hall of Fame pitcher. Dodger sweep tonight, Pedro, I.
Speaker 16: Believe they could. But once again, today is the anniversary of the Red Sox coming back on the Yankees, and I was part of it, so I refuse say this is our last day, but uh, the Dodgers are in very good position to actually finish it today.
Speaker 11: Thanks a lot for the time Patro, you do a great job. On TBS. We watch for Pedro.
Speaker 16: Thank you well, thank you so much, Thank you for having me there.
Speaker 9: He is the great Patro Martinez. Tim. We'll send it back to you all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot, DV.
Speaker 4: Always a pleasure to hear baseball being talked by one of the best ever, Pedro Martinez. Check them out on TBS leading up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Brewers. When we come back, we'll dive deeper in to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Brewers Game four, the National League Championship Series.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at five thirty eight.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching match shop.
Speaker 3: President.
Speaker 4: Bout your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard, play hard in a New Tacoma with a nine first turbo charts and genet to truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy jose Kintana.
Speaker 3: On the map.
Speaker 4: Thirty six year old veteran left hander out of Columbia. Fourteenth season in the Big Leagues, first with the Brewers. He's a five pitch guy sinker, chains of curveball, four seed fastball in a slurve. Twenty four starts during the regular season, eleven and seven with a three ninety six EERRA in the postseason in his career zero to two with a three to twenty five ERRA in nine career games, seven starts in his career against the Dodgers, four and two with a two thirty two e r A in fifteen games and twelve starts against opponents in the postseason. This is his first time facing the Dodgers in the postseason. Show Hey Otani, thirty one year old right hander. Second season with the Dodgers. He is making his second start here in the postseason. He got the game one start in the NLDS against Philadelphia six innings, three runs, three hits, nine strikeouts in a win against the Brewers. This is his first time ever facing them. Show Hey Otani, Jose A. Kintana.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Brewers.
Speaker 4: Game four the National League Championship Series. We're minutes away. Keys to the game, bar Necks have Tim Kase'.
Speaker 3: The world champion.
Speaker 4: Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your Home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: Long law, good law.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Brewers Game four the National League Championship Series. Dodgers a three to oh series lead, A win tonight and they close things out. Show Hey Otani on the mound for the blue. First pitch coming up at five thirty eight. Before that, though, let's head back over to the gapin Motors broadcast with one final time Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, Tim Kason, get it over to Rick real quick.
Speaker 5: His first pitch is rapidly approaching Otani Kitanic Game four, one went.
Speaker 3: Away from the World Series. Your biggest key, Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Is I think it's control. Control of the striketh zone. Otani amazed this the last time he was outing, because I believe it was eleven days since he had pitched. Well, this is thirteen days. But if you look at Otani, we go back the last five starts he's and he's allowed just four earned runs over those five games, so tonight. Yeah, he's been out there thirteen days ago against the Phillies, game one of the Nation League Division Series. How did he do well? Three runs, six innings. Did he worked? He gave up only three hints and had nine drackouts, And even though he had that long layoff before he pitched, he walked only one batter in the game.
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts said, this is sho hey Otani's opportunity to put his stamp on the NLCS. Given the offensive struggles, he can pitch them to a pennant here tonight, and his first pitch is coming up in just a matter of moments.
Speaker 3: Tim Kates, you set the stage, all right.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Nelly coming up? It's first pitch. Dot fans, are you ready? Here we go a possible close out game here on this Friday night at Dodger Stadium. Show hey Otani on the mound when we come back. Dodgers Brewers Game four the National League Championship Series. This has been Morocco Casino Dodgers on deck on the World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network