Speaker 1: We promised to do a game of pro and con. Can we crank up a little Taylor Swift in the background here, because we're gonna do a little pro and con on Taylor Swift. And we're not trying to be like negative or anything, but this is a new feature we're trying on the show. Last a couple of weeks ago, we did cruising, like cruise lines, cruise ships. Yeah, and we have somebody who's like, oh, they love them and they think they're great, and somebody else who's like, ah, it's a floating Peatrie dish of old people and drunks. So this time we're doing Taylor Swift on pro or con. And let's meet our panel today. Kristin Hi, Kristin, Hello. Kristen is gonna be pro Taylor Swift, So you're a big Swifty. I'm gonna guess yeah, I know three Okay, I love that. Okay, so you'll be pro. On the other side of the coin is Nick. Hi, Nicky, how you doing good? And Nick is gonna be con Taylor Swift. So I'm really curious to see what they both came up with. Yeah, so let's get started. We're gonna do what positive first positive Kristen, Let's hear your soliloquy pro Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I have a list. My first point is that she's been very relatable through her lyrics and music and just being unapologetically herself for almost twenty years now for young boys, girls, men and women. And then she makes me fun via her Easter eggs and her videos and performances, and she's just very humble and she wants to connect with anyone she talks to, whether it's a fan or an interview. And then she also just wants to give the best for her fans. For example, in South America during her show one of her shows, she was throwing water bottles from the stage. And then she's just a very fan based person and is in it for entertainment and making music for whatever you're thinking or feeling. And like I have an example, her song Ruined the Friendship from Life of a Show Girl relates to me directly from me having a friend that also passed away. And her music can be storytelling in folklore, or it can be personal, meaningful and deep like in Tortured Poets Department. And if you want to dance around, you can listen to nineteen eighty nine, or if you're feeling happy and then in love, you can listen to Lover and there's just a song or an album for everything you're feeling. And she also just cares so much for her employees because she gives them healthcare benefits, and she pays her truck drivers and gives them bonuses. And then my last remark is some people will say the last album, some people said it's like a money grab with how much vinyls and CDs she released, But it's high demand and her fans want that, and she hasn't done it with every single album. And I was one of them at Target at midnight. That line went from the back of the store to the front of the store.
Speaker 1: This went very well and very well put together. Thank you, Kristen. You may take a break. Now take a break, all right, Let's find out the cons of Taylor Swift. The other side of the coin here is Nick Nick take it away.
Speaker 3: So I took the same based of information and drew some negatives from it, like she doesn't have a consistent identity, right, She's been making music for twenty years. She started his country and she went to pop and then reputation had some hip hop vibes, and she did some indie folk and then some soft rock and you know, the torture of poets. The department had a bunch of different things like SyncE pop and chamber pop and stuff. Right, So, you as a fan, you don't know what you're going to get. You buy this album, and if you're a fan of her country stuff, you're going to get a pop album, and you might not like that because you're buying based off of the name rather than what the expectation is based off of her music. Though, okay before sure, okay, other things are you know, the ticket prices and availability are astronomical. You know, I have two teenage daughters that wanted to go, but tickets for like seven hundred dollars and there's like a lottery system to get in there.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Ticketmaster had a a pre fan or a fan boost that you could do to get you know, bumped up in line, and it did sound like, you know, she tried to do like a second wave of ticket availability for those fans. It's not necessarily her specifically, and maybe you know, a Ticketmaster thing, but the con is still.
Speaker 1: There, right, ticket Yes, Okay, we're doing pros and cons on Taylor Swift. We already heard the pros a minute ago from Kristen and now Nick with the cons.
Speaker 3: So the cons not being able to see her is you know, pretty apparent. She's also hard to avoid, right, you know, she shows up at NFL games. I'm trying to watch football and they're showing her five times a game. And you know, like I said with with my daughters, they played some stuff on my Spotify algorithm and that got over because she's so popular. It is true, actually block I had the blocker because it kept popping up and there was no way to get rid of it. So trying to not trying to attack her personally, but just kind of the cultural influence that she has surrounding it interesting.
Speaker 1: This is really interesting because I can tell you're not like totally ripping her, but it's like, okay, here's some negative things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what it's called pros and cons.
Speaker 1: Who wins though? Is there a winner? I don't think there is. I think it's healthy to hear both sides of an argument. Thank you, Nick, and thank you Christian. Have a great weekend. Thank you, thank you all the prep as well for sure. Here's something we can all agree on one artist, and that.
Speaker 6: Is let's take a chance to win a trip to Los Angeles to see Sabrina Carpenter at one of her sold out shows.
Speaker 7: Happens now on kd w B talk back. The keyword espresso. That's espresso on our iHeartRadio app app.
Speaker 1: Okay, use that keyword and just use the talk back feature. The keyword is simple, is espresso. Simply say the keyword is espresso. Boom, you are done. What are we going to do for next week? Does anybody hello.
Speaker 8: I'm interrupting this segment. We'll do We'll talk about the pros and cons for next week.
Speaker 5: Next week?
Speaker 1: Okay, hello, next week.
Speaker 5: I think it's going to be Halloween because it's Halloween.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right now she's laughing.
Speaker 5: Is your birthday? Happy birthday? Birthday? Baby job.
Speaker 8: Day?
Speaker 5: Can I play in a game that we love? Go ahead, play hyper song? Turn this one down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I love it.
Speaker 5: Well, Thank you birthday, David.
Speaker 8: So we thought, in honor of you, you could live your glory days over by playing another game that we like to call Dave's Wheel of Girlfriends.
Speaker 5: Hit It Day.
Speaker 1: Weel friend, I'm your a host, Bailey, I'm not I'm not crazy about this game.
Speaker 5: Okay, well that's fine. We're gonna spin the wheel. Let's go, all right, are let's spin it.
Speaker 1: Does the game work for the initiator?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I've got a wheel here that has the names of everyone Dave has ever dated, and he's gonna tell us a little story about this person and maybe how they got together and how they came apart.
Speaker 5: At the end. You're gonna tell.
Speaker 9: Me about Vicky.
Speaker 1: Okay. Vicky was she had dropped out of high school, so she never finished high school. Uh, and she but she was older now, so she had shaved her head so her black hair was about a half an inch long. And then she took tounk rock. She took punk rock was rock was big back thing. And she took a bottle of white out. You know what white out is? She painted a skunk stripe down the middle of her head. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You meet her.
Speaker 1: Because I used to date a roommate.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, she just moved on from her roommate to her keep it in the family.
Speaker 5: You like that, You like that hairstyle. You're like, I got to get with her next. And what happened what why didn't work out?
Speaker 1: It just didn't. It wasn't like I was going to marry a girl with a skunk stripe painted her head.
Speaker 7: All right, Well spin that well, nobody.
Speaker 1: Nobody likes this, Nobody likes tell us about Kate Oh, Kate ok uh k Yeah. Kate was the marketing manager of Westland Mall in Ohio, and she was wonderful. And I met her when we were out there doing a Valentine's Day promotion and she had to meet her business card and we dated for a while and she was the first real friend that I had in Ohio. So I love Kate. I don't know where she is now, but she was wonderful. Yeah, and her family loved me because they knew I didn't know anybody in town. So they took me to an Ohio State Buckeyes basketball game one time because I was such a delightful boyfriend for their daughter. Kate. Sweet, that's so cute.
Speaker 4: Did you guys hold hands?
Speaker 1: No nobody?
Speaker 4: Okay, you're gonna tell us about Roseanne.
Speaker 1: Okay, not much to tell there. But she had a kid and I met her at some radio station event and she was very, very cute, just very cute woman. Yeah, and I do remember going to her house a couple of times, and she had a son who was probably ten, and his name was Scott, And I always get the names Steve and Scott mixed up my entire life. So his name, his name was what did I say?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 1: Scott?
Speaker 5: Was Scott?
Speaker 1: And I came in, I'm like, hey, Steve, how's it going. No, and he's smart enough. No, you're here to like, you know, hook up with my mom, and you just you just insulted this poor kid by calling him Steve instead of Scott. So if anybody, if your name is Steve or Scott and I ever get your name wrong, I can't help it. It is a brain block. So that Roseanne was also she is very sweet.
Speaker 5: She was nice, very sweet. Didn't work between you two.
Speaker 1: Because, yeah, we were both twenty four.
Speaker 5: Because they couldn't get the names right of the kids, so.
Speaker 1: She wasn't even older. She had a ten year old ka. Yeah and yeah, but I always felt bad about that poor kid. You do you imagine, you know, when somebody's coming over to like meet your mom and take her on on a date and whatever, and they call you by the wrong name. But you're too shy and polite to even correct them. Always Hey, Steve, yes, Sport would be a better one.
Speaker 5: Kiss her? Did you kiss her?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And then you're disgusting than Scott. There we go. I appreciate all the birthday wishes, thank you very much. I hope I can respond to all of them, because I'm one of those people. When you get the birthday wishes on Facebook, do you feel like you have to heart or comment on every one of them? Because people get a notifications like it's Bailey's birthday today, You sure a happy birthday, and then you hit the one that's like it's generic, already written out for you. It'll have a cake and a candle and it'll say happy birthday, Bailey. I don't do that because I don't want them to know that I thought so little of them that. So if you're my friend, I'll expect more than you tapping the pre made greeting.
Speaker 5: I agree, I would at least expect a text message.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and well a lot of time we all do this too. Facebook tells you it's somebody's birthday, but then you want them to think that you remembered it on your own, so you text them, am I right, Yeah, yeah, everybody does that, right.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't remember anyone's birthday if it wasn't for Facebook.
Speaker 1: But then you pretend that you do. So then you text them and you go, oh, hey, Marcus hits your birthday. Happy birthday. And Marcus probably knows you got it off of.
Speaker 5: Facebook, probably, but maybe he's not thinking about it.
Speaker 1: When you get birthday wishes on your Facebook, to go back and like and heart all of them, or just go.
Speaker 4: It's too many to I usually just make a post that says thank you all for the birthday wish is kind of the standard now, yeah, because it's too many.
Speaker 9: Otherwise it's easy to heart though, because this is a click click, click, a click commenting.
Speaker 4: One hundred people who comment on it, and then that's a big chunk your afternoon.
Speaker 5: I don't want to see I got a nap.
Speaker 1: How do I have time to sleep?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 1: I believe you, all right, we do have. Now, this is interesting. We talked about this, and we knew we're going to have Chloe on the show, but I want to have Chloe tell you what she's asking about. And it's not a group therapy. It's a little bit more lighthearted than that, maybe, Chloe, thanks for listening to the show. You've been listening to the show.
Speaker 8: For a while, Yes, I have.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me, well, thank you, thanks for being on.
Speaker 10: Take the opportunity to say birthday, Dave.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate that. Did you get me a Panera gift card?
Speaker 4: I wish? I?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, day just started. What's what's going on, Chloe?
Speaker 10: So my boyfriend he's twenty six and recently he started losing his hair. And he's always had like pretty luscious, thick hair, and once he hit twenty five, he just started losing it. So it's making him super self conscious at this point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I actually.
Speaker 10: Likes It's to the point where he's counting the number of hairs in his comb every day. And he got a wider tooth comb because he doesn't want us to pull the hair.
Speaker 1: Out as much, so toothlas not a fine tooth comb, but well okay, then he counts it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, kind of obsessive about it. And I don't care that he's losing hair, and like obviously, you know, of course I would love him with a full head of hair, but I'm still attracted to him no matter what.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, a lot of ball guy can be very handsome. Yeah yeah, I know somebody down to the gym. They're very handsome. Our old boss Greg was very handsome. Yeah yeah, still is okay? Well, was not anymore wondering.
Speaker 10: I'm calling to me because I'm wondering do any of those hair lost things work like hims? I see the ads all the time, so I would just love to hear.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I've had a good experience with them.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 7: I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hams was for hair, it's for ed weight loss, all of that stuff. I don't know. I don't know. I know that there's things that you can buy, but I don't know that they're effective. I really don't know. There's an ad on four ninety four going north like around Plymouth, around probably Highway fifty five or so that it has got a profile of like a guy without hair and a guy with hair.
Speaker 5: I know exactly what you're talking about, do you know the one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I don't know what it's an advertisement for, but it's.
Speaker 1: Something like clinic or something. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I follow this guy on TikTok who was going very bald, and he was like, I want to see if I can reverse this, and he did a pretty decent job. And he used like monoxidil, which is some kind of you know, chemical strength thing.
Speaker 5: I was like, I don't know what that is. Monoxidil, Well, it.
Speaker 1: Was usually used for like blood pressure, and they noticed like in the eighties that it would create hair regrowth. And then they realize if you apply it topically on, it doesn't work for everybody, but it works for some people.
Speaker 4: And I mean he used that, but he did so many other things. So he would use like a lot of like natural supplements as well. And then they had one of those little like JUGI comb things that you like rub into your scalp to increase the blood in your scalp or whatever. And he actually, I mean he had quite a bit of hair growth, and I think he ended up getting an additional like hair plugs, but it was to go along with the growth that he had found. I will say though, that that turned into like his entire life was like growing his hair back, because then he became like an influencer about growing your hairback for most people.
Speaker 1: Work, Yeah, what for most people? Would you want? We're talking to somebody, Nam Chloe, and your boyfriend's twenty six and he's been losing his hair for a year. And I will tell you this one that I don't want to like frightened anybody, but a lot of the time, the guys with the thickest hair in high school are the quickest to go bald.
Speaker 11: I heard that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's It's not always true, but I my friend he had the thickest head of curly, curly hair all through middle school, high school, and then quickly lost it by the time he was about twenty five. Oh yeah, but you know what he wears it. Well, yeah, that's just the way it is.
Speaker 4: I've just like come to the point where I'm like, Okay, if I am gonna date somebody, I'm just gonna have to be comfortable with them probably either already having hair loss or losing their hair, because that's just how that's like the reality for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: So let us know if you've ever used the hymns, or your boyfriend or your partner, whoever your dad uses hymns, let us know whether it works or not. I mean, hey, if it works, I mean I'm gonna guess it probably works okay for some people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some people are saying try neutrofile for men or rogain apparently in monoxidel is rogaine though apparently also minoxidell messes with your sex drive, so if that matters.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Catherine in our live stream said Hymns is working for her husband and their hairdresser son.
Speaker 5: Oh is hair loss like a genetic thing?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 1: Could it just happened just anyone?
Speaker 5: I think it's I think it's mostly genetics.
Speaker 4: But like I don't know, people like switch up the story all the time where they say, oh, it's linked to your grandfather, or it's linked to your father.
Speaker 5: Your maternal grandfather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard every story, but I don't know the yeah irification on that.
Speaker 8: I know this.
Speaker 1: My dad, his dad was bald. My dad and his three brothers were bald. My brother Carl lost his hair. It took a long time. He started really losing it, probably in his fifties. Yeah, and I've still gotten nearly all of mine.
Speaker 5: Really, you do your hair is which like hut yourself lucky?
Speaker 1: No, I totally do.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're basically finding out, Chloe, You're still there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm still here. I'm listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, because that's what you called for, was to find out whether any of this stuff works. So keep your radio on. There are some text messages that say you know that you can buy stuff. Yeah that For example, if you go in the Sharper Image catalog, there's like a red light therapy thing that you can buy that you rub on your head and it's supposed to if you wear it for eight hours a day, seven days a week, it might help. But I know whether I think some.
Speaker 4: Things are just not worth it, you know, right exactly, So like you have to really say how much does this matter to you? Though? I do think that, like hair in general, it matters more to people than they care to admit.
Speaker 1: So yes, if it.
Speaker 4: Matters to you and you want to try and you know, save it or bring it back, like do what you want, do what you need to do, and get into it all.
Speaker 1: Do it all, ja, do it all?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I keep your radio one. I hope we help you out.
Speaker 10: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 11: Dang you.
Speaker 1: Here's one a text message. There's a lot of people responded to this. I'll have to we'll tell you what We'll answer these on the other side because We're going to take a break. We'll come back. Sabrina Carpenter keyword and also Baldness Cures next on Katie on.
Speaker 8: The Show is now on YouTube every morning starting at seven am.
Speaker 4: Just search Dave Ryan TV.
Speaker 1: We were talking earlier somebody go buzz on the phone and asking about her boyfriend who's twenty six and balding, and she's like, God, it's really like upsetting him. And he used to have really thick hair and now he bought like a comb that's not as like white or too. So then pull hair out and he counts the hairs in the comb and it's like, ah, that sucks. I know, you know, that's that sucks. But she was asking does the hymns stuff? Is there anything that works? Beth is on the phone. Thanks for waiting so long, Beth, We appreciate it. You actually you are qualified to answer this question. What do you want to say, Beth?
Speaker 13: I I am yes, I worked at the company that you just described on the billboard.
Speaker 2: We're all over other out.
Speaker 1: It's a hair restoration, hair restoration clinic. What are you guys called.
Speaker 13: Hair restoration institute?
Speaker 1: Okay, I saw your billboard. You're going north on four ninety four as you Yeah, yeah, yep, so tell me about it.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So, we we've been helping people at hair loss for a little over thirty years. It's common for the younger guys to really freak out when they're the loose hair. I mean women loose hair as well. I think it's a little bit different for men because, like you said, they men that have their glorious hair in their high school ages, they lose their hair. It's pretty devastating to them.
Speaker 1: It kind of becomes almost your identity because you can change your entire look with your hair. I mean, think about the broccoli headed high school seniors right now. Yes, their hair is kind of their identity. And then they get out of college and it's like, oh, look at all them hairs in my hair brush.
Speaker 5: That broccoli goes away by Yeah.
Speaker 1: So how effective is it best?
Speaker 13: It's very effective. We have lots of different options we have. There's monoxidlle pill.
Speaker 9: Forms that they can take.
Speaker 13: Their finasteride pill form. It's just a pill that they take in the morning and what it does is it locks the hair loss from happening.
Speaker 1: Are there any side effects with finasteride because I take finasteride. I'm not gonna lie. I take fanasteride typically for that, and that's probably one of the reasons I've hung onto my hair. Is there any like side effects that what are they?
Speaker 8: There are?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: One percent will have little libido. Check if you stop speaking the medication, that will go away.
Speaker 1: So the hair will fall out, but I'll get the libido. I didn't ask you, Bailey, what I'm asking beath So if I stop taking it, the haroll fall out, but the libido comes back.
Speaker 13: Well, those other options if if you have that side effect. We have PRP, which is an ejection that we can do that will help prevent hair loss. We also have growth factors, which is a new and upcoming UH preventative option, and some of the growth factors will grow hair back, so you could get hair growth.
Speaker 1: Look, yeah, because I tried using Scott's Turf Builder Plus on my head. It didn't and it didn't work at all.
Speaker 5: Weird.
Speaker 1: Do you get that joke, Stephanie, I do, okay, because you know, I look at these they're like gardening stonefaces in here. I tell a funny joke and I don't even get a laugh out of them. Hey, Beth, you're are awesome. Give me a way to contact your business. I've got to move on, but tell me how to contact your business.
Speaker 13: Seven eight three one four.
Speaker 5: Nine seven seven eighty three And what's it called again?
Speaker 13: Hair Restoration Institute?
Speaker 1: Fat very good, good information. Thank you, Beth. I appreciate that you have a day. You too. We're gonna take one more here because really quick.
Speaker 5: Before we talk to them, and let's just get the Sabrina card.
Speaker 1: No, okay, fine, let's take a trip before George.
Speaker 6: Chance to win a trip to Los Angeles to see Sabrina Carpenter at one of her sold out shows happens now.
Speaker 1: I'm kt w B.
Speaker 7: Talk back to the keyword feather, that feather on our iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Okay, simple as that. Go to that show, use the keyword feather and you had a chance to fly off to sunny, beautiful, warm Los Angeles to see Sabrina in concert. Open up the iHeart app and say the keyword is feather on that red talkback microphone. You've been waiting for a long time. Chat. I wanted to get a chance to get you on the radio, so we were talking. We're going to wrap it up here really quick. You have also wondered about getting your hair back or experienced hair loss.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I mean I know it all too well. I mean I was exactly twenty six actually when it happened to me, and there's pretty important. So I was kind of freaking out a little bit. But I ended up doing a bunch of research and visited another local spot in Bloomington that's totally world renowned for kind of hair transplants. I mean, I thought I was going to need to go that severe. Anyways, I ended up meeting up with them and they decided I wasn't really a candidate. But like the other collar mentioned on here, they ended up suggesting using the finesteride, which I still do to this day, as well as the rogue or the monoxidill And I guess what I would say is that, you know, just using those two products over the last seventeen years, I've essentially been able to maintain, okay, exactly what I've had the entire time, and then to kind of supplement that because I was still a little you know, dissatisfied. I guess with the loss that I'd already had, I do use a little bit of kind of fill in powder it's super cheap. You can get it anywhere.
Speaker 1: I've seen it online. It's how you sprinkle it in your head and it covers up the shiny ball spot looks good too. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I get the comments all the time from people when I talk about, you know, hair stuff. They're just like, man, what are you talking about? You have a nice full head of hear it. It's like, well, I've done some work at this.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, and it was worth it to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I admire the guys who are like, you know what, it's getting a little thin, I'm just going to take a big razor. I'm going to shave it all off. And sometimes that works for them, but other people want to hang on to it.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chad, thanks for waiting so long. I appreciate you being on. Yeah, okay, take care.
Speaker 5: My head isn't shaped right for being bald, and I feel that I could never be bald. Jenny could never be bald. No, I couldn't. And my hair is my personality. She would look like a little egg.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the truth? I mean, it's funny because your hair is I mean, it's not really your personality, but it's definitely part of your identity. So yeah, the broccoli headed kids in high school, that's kind of their identity. Ah, all right, it is Stephanie. Her identity is basically, you tell us what we're gonna do this weekend. Yes, Stephanie is here. I found her on Instagram Stephanie dot Rosner R O S E N E R. And you can find her on Instagram if you miss any of these things to do this weekend? Things going on this weekend? Is there anything in town.
Speaker 12: That we There's a ton of Halloween things going on, a few and then some like Good Food News.
Speaker 1: Let's get started.
Speaker 12: My first one is called Pumpkins and power Tools, so I'm imagining like a chainsaw carving event, but I don't think it's gonna get that serious. There's a couple of dates on the calendar, but this one's tomorrow from New to four at BA House Brew Labs in northeast Minneapolis. So it's a fundraiser for the Minnesota Tool Library. I don't know if you ever heard of this.
Speaker 5: I know one of the founders of the Tool Life.
Speaker 12: It's such a good idea, just borrow the tools, and I think they have memberships and things like that.
Speaker 1: So it's literally a library. If you need like a bandsaw, you need like a saber saw, yeah, you don't have to buy.
Speaker 5: You might come in handy.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, I need that because I'm always going to Daddy Bear over here, like can do you have this?
Speaker 4: And that?
Speaker 5: And that usually does so it's helpful. But the tool library is great. So it's a fundraiser.
Speaker 12: They have local farmers that are supplying pumpkins that you can buy and or you can bring your own and donate ten bucks.
Speaker 5: They'll be staff on hand.
Speaker 12: But I'm thinking it's like a power drill sasol probably thing where you just carve pumpkins with your family.
Speaker 5: And that sounds cool. Yeah, Wear and win, uh Saturday noon to.
Speaker 12: Four at ba House brew Lab Fabulous Brewery all right. Number two is called boonyon Depot. It's at Union Depot. It's a kid's Halloween party Sunday from ten am to two.
Speaker 5: It's free.
Speaker 12: There'll be crafts, a huge dance party with prizes, Halloween themed entertainment, face painting, balloon animals, trick or treating, and then they're gonna have a meet and greet with Spider Man, Alphaba and Glinda what we're.
Speaker 5: Testing trio of people, I mean, please everybody. Yeah, but that sounds super fun for the kids on Sunday mornings. So all right.
Speaker 12: Number three, it's Restaurant Week. And I'm only bringing this up because I've lived here spent forty three years now, and Restaurant Week I just found out about like when I started doing all this research. But really, yeah, oh gosh, it's by Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine. There's seventy restaurants participate. They put together like two or three course menus that are fifteen to fifty bucks, so you can go try it like West Restaurants in town for pretty cheap and just sample it. So like some of the ones I saw in there where Valdemar Burrow Butcher and the Boar Folka to Chaw, Crave Smack Shack.
Speaker 5: And then there's a new restaurant that's participating in.
Speaker 12: Stock and bond Ooh okay, that's a steakhouse kind of nice restaurant Week and that's going through Sunday, so go. I mean, if you just google it, you can find all the restaurants and what they're serving. You usually need reservations for all those, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: On the weekend. I would yep, all right.
Speaker 12: Number four is the house decorating contest in Anoka, the Halloween Capital of the World.
Speaker 5: Yes, I just checked this morning.
Speaker 12: They didn't have their map out yesterday, but it is out now of the winners that they judged, and then there's a people choice award.
Speaker 5: There's like twenty houses.
Speaker 4: On the list.
Speaker 12: They're all within a five mile radius of downtown Onnoko City Hall.
Speaker 1: That's cool. You drive around, park in front of their house and get their house.
Speaker 12: Call the public viewing, so they're expecting people. Yeah, eight tomorrow night, six thirty to nine thirty. And there's even it's called a scare zone rating. It's like from G to like you need to have a parent with you.
Speaker 8: So apparently they I was just thinking it'd be like one of those fun Christmas displays that have lights sink to a song.
Speaker 5: It's going to be like scary.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's The rating is mature under seventeen requires an accompanying guardian.
Speaker 5: This is serious.
Speaker 1: They are serious.
Speaker 5: You can find the map online. I think that's like twenty and twenty five houses on there.
Speaker 12: And their parade is on Saturday, theah Thirdaytime Parade if say hi to Mom Mironda.
Speaker 5: If you see her parade?
Speaker 1: What's she doing at the parade?
Speaker 4: She stands outside of our church and helps and like gives people I don't know cookies.
Speaker 1: It's a good Christian woman right there.
Speaker 5: About our Lord and Savior.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 12: And then number five is opening weekend of on Amali's Barbecue. If you don't know what this is, it's a little food truck that used to be set up at Bouhouse, like so good. They have their smokers fired up all day and now they have their own restaurant, which is really exciting. Yes, brand new too, it's getting a ton of like press brand opening last night and you know they have things going on this weekend. But they're They're gist is that they're a live music venue too. It's always free and kid friendly, so.
Speaker 1: You really brought it this week. There's a ton of cool, fun activities. Really usually I'm kind of like e ho hum no.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, let's try to make this exciit.
Speaker 1: If you missed any of them, you can go back and listen on the podcast. Just find it on iHeartRadio or it's going to be on your Instagram. Yes, yes, they're fabulous Stephanie dot Rosender. And also, if you want to buy yourself a house, she is a realtor, so you can hit her up for that too. Thanks Stephanie. Will do Dave's Dirt coming up, but we got to get your boo bash tickets. We don't give way boob bag tickets in an hour. We'll do it next on kd WB.
Speaker 5: Come Too Injured Timer Lambert's Injury Law on kati w B.
Speaker 1: Well, last night was not a good knight for the Vikings. They honestly didn't have it from the very beginning, and it was one of those games where we started to watch it and we said, yeah, okay, well let's go watch eleven twenty two sixty three on the recommendation of Bailey, we have like one more episode ago, so it's absoutely betting really good. It is a fictional go back in time time traveler thing where a guy goes to back in the time to try to stop the assassination as JFK, but time will not let you. Time fights back, and it's really good. Yeah, I'll put the ball on this baby. As the Chargers dominate from the start to finish, wrap it up by winning thirty seven to ten. Thirty seven to ten.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was what it was when I last check.
Speaker 1: Go Lions, go go back on.
Speaker 4: Kim Purdy I.
Speaker 8: She recently revealed in the season premiere of The Kardashians that she's been diagnosed with this.
Speaker 5: Here she is talking about just like a little aneurysm. WHOA, They're like just stress and I'm like, wo are the this is happening?
Speaker 8: So, yeah, she was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm, and they're pretty common. One in fifty people has an unruptured brain aneurism. However, bursts of the brain blust but blood vessels can lead to stroke. So a neurosurgeon told New York Times, not everyone has a brain aneurysm. Not everyone who has one needs treatment. They're not always scary. Many of them can just be watched, and when we do need to treat them, there are so many good ways. But Kim blames it on the stress caused by her ex husband, Kanye West, and she also talks about having this when she was married to Kanye.
Speaker 14: I always felt really bad and always protected and always like wanted to help, And this was the first time I didn't feel that responsibility personally, you know, I should have.
Speaker 5: Stuck it out. I could have helped, you know.
Speaker 8: So she was saying that she felt like she had Stockholm syndrome when she was married to Kanye, and I think that that's what a lot of people, I think feel when they're in an abusive relationship of swords. You don't want to leave because you do love them, but you know you're also not being treated properly.
Speaker 1: It came from a hostage situation in Stockholm, Sweden, back in the sixties or something, where these bank robbers, you know, broke into a bank and they held the bunch of people hostage, and after a while, like days or so, the hostages started to sympathize with the kidnappers and.
Speaker 5: They become bank robbers as well, like they were helping do that.
Speaker 1: I know that that's true. It may be true. But then there was another very famous one in the like seventies, Patty Hirst, who was like the newspaper eras and she was kidnapped by the Symbionese Liberation Army. How do I remember this stuff? And which was like a I don't know, some weird group or whatever. And then she actually was spotted months later wielding a machine gun robbing a bank even though she was the kidnapped person.
Speaker 5: That's who I was thinking of.
Speaker 4: Where she got Stockholm syndrome so hard that she fell into the same kind of crime as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ooh, fascinating thing.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 5: Wicked.
Speaker 4: The movie is headed to NBC, so the whole movie will be airing on NBC two days before the release of the sequel, which comes out Friday, November twenty first. So it's just like back in the day when they would air Wizard of Oz like once a year.
Speaker 5: Now they're going to be airing Wicked. It's going to be it's a television debut on NBC. That's super cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super dope.
Speaker 9: Teddy Swims is causing not controversy, but a change June because of this song. So this song lose control. We all know what, we all love it. It's been on the Billboard Hot one hundred for over two years, which is kind of not kind of it's very nuts. So Billboard magazine is.
Speaker 5: Changing the way that they're doing the Hot one hundred.
Speaker 15: They said that it will be virtually impossible and that if a song is not in the top fifty after it's spent twenty weeks on the Billboard Hop one hundred. Then they're just taking it off the list because this song is over two years old and they're literally calling it the Teddy Swims rule.
Speaker 1: A great song, but yeah, there needs to be something so totally it totally makes sense because anymore, Yeah, it's got to be fun to like listen to the Ryan Seacrest Weekly Top forty and not here Teddy Swims at number eight every week. So hey, one more and this is actually cool. We're talking about fashion MSP and Jenny and I had our pulse, you know, so we got our pulse on the fingers on the pulse of fashion. It happening, So designers, listen up. We've been hearing about some of the looks coming in for the experiment this fall, and safe to say they're wild Wylde wild.
Speaker 8: A little Birdie told me that they're super creative, like I think a funky silhouette, some bold colors, just very out their ideas, which is exactly what that show is all about.
Speaker 1: And the deadline to apply is pretty much here. I mean, it's you got a couple of days. It's Sunday, This Sunday, October twenty sixth, that's the deadline to apply as a designer.
Speaker 8: And I feel like we're all a little bit of a procrastinator. I think everyone has that in their genes. But if you've been sitting on your sketch book thinking maybe next year, Nope, Like this is your year.
Speaker 5: Get on it.
Speaker 1: The experiment happens December sixth at the WHIM and every designer gets to show three signature looks that define their style.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's not just a fashion runway. There's a whole marketplace of local makers and artists, so it's going to be a whole vibe.
Speaker 1: So get that application now at Fashion MSP dot co. It's dot co Fashion MSP dot co before the deadline hits on Sunday. If you want more information, everything you need to know is on Fashion MSP dot co.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and if you have any specific questions, you can jump on their discord. Just jump into the hashtag designers thread and you can throw your questions out there and they're very helpful. The community is great, so they'll answer anything that you have.
Speaker 1: The world cannot wait to see what you bring this year. The story is is going to be next levels, So go online and find out more at Fashion MSP. That is the dirt presented by six point two injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law coming up on the show. Let's do this right now during the commercial break, Let's get you Boo Bash tickets. You want to load the place up. It's coming up in less than a week. Gets your costume ready, You got some time to think about it. Gary Spivey's gonna be there, the world's most Gifted Psychic also Tarot card Tammy is going to be there and she's gonna be doing readings, free readings from Gary and from her costume contest. This is the one everybody wants to go to. Everybody's got a Halloween party around the neighborhood of the cul de Sac, and that's fine. This is the adult party. Yeah, it'll probably get a little bit naughty because we have the sexy costume contest for men and women overall creative and duo or couple calling out to win your tickets. I'll get you a pair of tickets right now. Six five, one, nine eight nine