Speaker 1: Don't want to be an American.
Speaker 2: Friday, Martin was slowly here seven hundred w all other than a lot of the usual suspects, and no one more suspect than my next guest here with the Bengals off in the bye ready for Pittsburgh Sunday, and you see at home tomorrow, we got lots going on.
Speaker 3: That would be my guy, Dan Horde, a voice of said teams.
Speaker 4: Daniel, Hi, slowany good to hear your voice.
Speaker 3: How are you as well? Hopefully had an okay, biolthough you worked a little bit. Calling U see's big bragging rights win over Dayton. I don't think I can recall a time, and I'm not the biggest college basketball guy, but a team going two for twenty six from three point land that is, that's like King's Island bed.
Speaker 4: And thankfully that team was Dayton, not you see, I said, Daniel, Yeah, that helped you see overcome committing twenty four turnovers and winning by twelve points. I've never seen that one before. Yeah, but that grizzly three point shooting helped.
Speaker 3: As the Lutians are losing any of that off and you know it's early, it's still early. We're still trying to figure things. The other Bearcats to keep in mind would be the football team. You know youyeh the second bye week and AP coaches Paul hung in at twenty second. The hope is you win and win out for that matter, the remaining three and two of those are at home, and you can get to the Big twelve championship, So there's a path there BYU is looming. That game's already sold out at Nippord. But first you have to get past the Wildcats, and they're six and three. They gave Brigham Young all they can handle, a team that the Bearcats, I believe have never played. How does that all factor?
Speaker 4: You're right about all of those, noug it's good research Flany big game Arizona is good. Cincinnati is one game ahead, and the standings the Bearcats are seven and two, the Wildcats are six and three. They've got an excellent third year starting quarterback and Noah Fafida, who's tied the school record for touchdown passes. The defense is one of the best in the conference, third and points allowed, fourth and yards allowed. So it's a tough cast for Cincinnati. But the Bearcats are knippert They haven't lost at home this year. They're favored by about six points I think tomorrow, So I think if the Bearcats don't turn it over and play solidly, I think they'll win. We'll see, But if they do, it really sets up a huge game against YU next Saturday at Nippert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's been a big one, and I don't think anyone's looking past that. But you know, you have the sense that, hey, it's they're six and three. You can't give up. What's the status. By the way of Evan Pryor.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's going to play. That could be a game time decision. You know. Sometimes they watch how guys do in the warm ups and then decide. If I had to guess, I don't think he'll play. But they're pretty deep at the running back position. If you had to pick a position on the team where you lost one of your better guys, that might be the one where you feel most comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems like it's on the D two is you've got to contain a quarterback because he's pretty mobile.
Speaker 4: Well, he's he's an interesting guy because he's kind of fluty, like small. He's five to ten, but he's shifty and he's got a great arm, and he's an accurate thrower, and he's he's got a proven track record. He started more than thirty games. So yes, Noah, Fafet is really good. We'll be a test.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's segue to the Bengals here, resting up, had the bye week, they go to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh on their heels, which I mean, this is just it's such a weird year in the AFC North for sure, beat the Steelers on Thursday Night Football. Four weeks ago, They're at Pittsburgh. Steelers have dropped three of the last four and now a one game lead of the Ravens for the AFC North Crown. I heard tea and players say this, and I always love asking you this, Dand because I always know you, it makes the hair in the back your next stand up. But they're saying it's a must win, and I think about it, if you do your game out, if you lose your fall three back, it feels it certainly feels that way. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I usually don't use those words, but in terms of winning the AFC North, I think you can use them this week. That's the path to the playoffs. They're not going to win the wild card this year with a three and six record, but the key in the AFC North have floundered to such a degree that, yes, if the Bengals win on Sunday, they're still alive. Nobody would be above five hundred in the division if Cincinnati wins. So yeah, in terms of winning the AFC North, I think this week you could use the expression must win. All right.
Speaker 3: So back in late October, they beat the Steelers. That was a great game. Didn't sack Rogers that night, and I think there are just two hits on the quarterback, and neither of them was by our defensive ends. But Trey Hendrickson and Jamar Stewart look like they're both out this week.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't think either we'll play. They didn't sack Rogers in that game, but they did intercept him twice, and that was one of the biggest reasons why the Bengals won. They had interceptions on back to back possessions in the second quarter, allowing them to come from behind and win that game. So I don't know if they're going to sack or hit Rogers, but it would certainly help to have an interception or two.
Speaker 3: Again. Yeah, No, question, Dan Horde, voice of the Bearcats, woics of the Bengals Sunday at one here on seven hundred WW home and the best Bengals coverage. So the injury thing, I'll Slacko's shoulder. That extra week certainly had to help.
Speaker 4: He threw it practice yesterday. I don't know if he'll do it again today. In that Chicago game two weeks ago, and he threw for four hundred and seventy yards. Thursday was the only day they had him throw because he's got that sprain a seed joint. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same scenario this week. Didn't throw Wednesday, did throw Thursday, might not throw today. Certainly didn't hurt him last time, throwing for four to seventy, a career high and roughly one hundred yards more than he had ever thrown in a previous NFL game.
Speaker 3: Dan, let's add your speculation to the mix here about Burrow watch twenty twenty five here and what has to happen for him to return or let's just say they lose that till he returns, so they do you start Joe Burr At this point me, I think it's like, let's just see how this game against the Steerers goes first, and then make a decision when he feels up to it.
Speaker 4: It's going to be interesting to see what happens, because Joe wants to play, regardless of their record. If they lose three more in a row in this twenty one day window before he can be well, they have twenty one days to determine whether to activate him or shut him down for the rest of the year. Even if they were to lose all of the games they played during that window. He wants to come back and play this year. This is what he does. He loves to play, he wants to continue to improve. He thinks he can get better even playing a few games at the end of this year at this stage of his career. So I know it's been portrayed in some places as it's going to be a power struggle between you know, the front office deciding whether he should play if they're out of it, or whether he wants to play and should be allowed to play. This is what he does. I think that if medically everything is fine, he feels good and he looks good, I think he's going to play at some point before this year.
Speaker 3: Is over. Yeah, and you know, we'll see when we'll cross efforguent we come to it. I guess it's kind of silly to talk about what might happen. And again, you've got the Steelers week. You got to focus on that. If you can win, it makes sense. But at some point, if they don't and the trend continues, and it's just completely soid I don't get the advantage of bringing him back, and if he wants to, somebody's got to tell him no, because I mean, look at Washington. Do you want to set him Something could happen and unfortunately the luck we've had, bad things do happen. Let's talk about this game coming up Sunday, Dan Sister Steelers. Rogers does not look good. He looks like every part of the forty one year old he is. The offensive line is breaking. But is that all on him and the age thing. We made a big deal out declining numbers, But is that the offensive line breaking down as receiver's not getting separation. There's something else going on here.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think there's a little bit of all of that involved in Rogers will be forty two in about two weeks, so he's coming up on mad Birthday as well. I think the Steelers offensive line has been pretty bad in recent years, but he is getting better. They were missing one of their starters last Sunday night in their loss. He'll be back this week, so that helps them. They really only have one good wide receiver in DK Metcalf. The other guys are just dudes. Jalen Warren is a good running back. He had a great first game against Cincinnati, so that's going to be a key to the game. But if you watch the Steelers this year, what they're doing as much as any team in the NFL is bringing in a six offensive lineman Spencer Anderson, multiple tight ends, including one that's three hundred pounds Darnell Washington, and they're just going bullyball. That's what they've kind of evolved into this year. They don't necessarily get a ton of yards doing it, but they try to impose their will and take some time off the clock.
Speaker 3: If they can.
Speaker 4: I work pretty well against the Bengals in Game one, They're going to have to be ready to stop it in Game two.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They're averaging less of what two hundred and eighty yards I think per game, which is pretty damn low by their standards in two hundred and forty seven of the three games against Cincinnati and going back to Week seven where the Bengals beat him thirty three to ten on Thursday Night Football. Are they going to come out with the same plan. I mean, Steelers going to adjust, Bengals adjust, but and of other teams replicated with the Bengals have done since that went on Thursday Night.
Speaker 4: I think they're going to come out with the same plan. But in that first meeting against the Bengals, Aaron Rodgers threw four touchdown passes. So they're also going to try to take advantage of the Bengals weaknesses. And as we all know, the defense right now has a bunch of weaknesses. They've scored eighty points in their last two games and haven't won either game. So I'm sure the Steelers are thinking this is a get right type game for their offense and the Bengals are going to have to try to prove them wrong.
Speaker 3: So is the Jalen Warren had like over one hundred yards rushing against the Bengals in that game, but since I mean, he hasn't done really anything. I only had one game with more than seventy yards in the last three weeks.
Speaker 4: But in that Bengals game, he not only ran for one hundred and twenty seven, he had thirty one receiving, so one hundred and fifty eight total yards for him in that game, plus four touchdown passes for Rogers. So both of those guys, I'm sure are anticipating. All right, this is a team that we didn't have a lot of trouble against defensively in Game one, and a chance to put up some numbers again in game two.
Speaker 3: Danny, you mentioned d dk Metcalf started hot this year and just just kind of faded. Now different, you know what, three catches I think fifty yards against DJ Turner shut him down. But and Turner had a hell of a game, and you love, you know, as much as we've knocked the defense, he has been a stud all season long. How do you translate to what happened four weeks ago to Sunday.
Speaker 4: I think Turner is going to follow dk Metcalf like he did in that game, So it won't be a situation where you have one cornerback on one side and the other on the other. It's going to be Okay, Turner followed DK Metcalf wherever he goes, and as you mentioned, Turner's played great so far this year. That's the biggest positive. On defense. He leaves the NFL and passes defense. He's got a couple of interceptions. One came when he ripped the ball away from DK Metcalf in that first Pittsburgh game. So DJ Turner covers DK Metcalf, and you look at the rest of those receivers, Roman Wilson, Calvin Austin, Ben Scronic. It's not exactly a who's who. It's very different from the Bengals situation, where if a team manages to limit Jamar Chase to you know, reasonable numbers instead of his usual great numbers, You've got t you've got Josie Bosch, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. You can't put up better numbers. What's one hundred and sixty one and sixteen catches?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: I think he comes again the better certainly the better receiver. But with that chip on his shoulder, I think he's just going to roll again on Sunday.
Speaker 4: I don't think they'll throw it to him twenty three times. Probably not in the first game.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 4: But yes, nobody shuts down Jamar Chase. Some teams do better than others, but Pittsburgh historically has not done very well. Jamar is threatening to set the NFL record for catches in a single season. He's on a pace for one forty three. I think the record is one forty nine by Michael Thomas. He used to play for the Saints, so you know he had the triple crown last year and maybe this year he sets the record for most catches in any year.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I look at that turnover differential, Dan Pittsburgh has jumped out at the pregame notes here. Pittsburgh's plus six on the season, but just had one in the last month and no turnovers forced and three of the last four, including against the Bengals. Is that better ball protection? Is Pittsburgh doing something less aggressive in that area?
Speaker 4: No, I do think they faced better competition. That's one of the reasons why they've lost three out of their last four. But if you look at the Steelers defense, it's kind of a boom or bust proposition. So they're second in the league in sacks, they're up there in takeaways. That's the good news. The bad news is they're giving up a ton of passing yards. They're dead last in the NFL at defending the pass, at least in terms of yards allowed per game. They give up the most yards to opposing wide receivers of any team in the NFL. It's almost two hundred yards the game to the other team's wide receivers. So I'm subtracting running backs and tight ends. So their passing defense has been bad. If they don't get to the quarterback, if they don't get a takeaway, they're not getting stops. So that's the key to the game. Can you give Joe Flaco time? Can you prevent him from getting sacked? Can you prevent strip sacks from people like with TJ. Watton, Alex high Smith. If you can do that, you can move the ball, particularly through the air against this Pittsburgh defense.
Speaker 3: You know what's striking about that? That is definitely not and it doesn't fit the reputation of a Mike Tomlin defense, does it.
Speaker 4: What happened? Their secondary is bad. You know they tried to boost it this year by signing Darius Tolay and trading for Jalen Ramsey slays out he's going to miss the game of the concussion Ramsey's been moved to safety. Joey Porter is a good player, but he's as penalty prone as any cornerback in the league. Had six penalties in one game against the Bengals last year, which was incredible. So that's the problem. They're still great upfront, they're not great in the secondary. If you can protect your quarterback, guys are going to be open.
Speaker 3: Hate the Steelers, but respect to Hallada Tomlin and the fact that he's had a run of what eighteen seasons without a losing record, it's certainly in jeopardy the way they're trending.
Speaker 4: To five and four after a four and one start, So yes, it is in jeopardy. He has had three five hundred seasons back when there was a sixteen game schedule. There were three times that the Steelers went eight and eight during his tenure. So I'm just waiting for the year now that there are seventeen games.
Speaker 3: Did he goes eight eight.
Speaker 4: And one, So maybe that'll happen this year to continuous streak of no losing seasons. But throw another five hundred in there this year with an eight eight and one, maybe this will be the tie on Sunday. Yeah, if it happens. It would be the greatest prediction of all time.
Speaker 3: To show you just how the worm turns so quickly in the NFL with a parody. And they're more parody in the NFL than I think any other sports league in the world. The NFL is just so tight. This wasn't that long ago. We're talking about how AFC is one of the AFC North, one of the toughest divisions in football, and now it's like, no, no one wants. Someone wants to take the division. Crown Steelers, Baltimore Bengals. Well, and of course you know Cleveland's out of it, but uh, it's just like it's up for Grizella for grabs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's what Joe Burrow said in his news conference on Monday after his first practice. He's like, you know, normally we wouldn't be in this position, we'd be dead, but because of the division this year, we're not. And he's right. Pittsburgh five and four, Baltimore's four and five. Now the Ravens are coming on. They won three in a row, arsa Chlthy, so you expect them to be good the rest of the way. But who knows. Stuff can happen. I mean he missed a few games of the hamstring injury. He could tweak it again and they could go right back down the tube. So it's a very unusual year in the AFC North, where all of us expected going into the year that Baltimore is going to be great, Cincinnati was going to be really good, Pittsburgh is probably going to be good. In Cleveland would be bad. Well, the last part's true, but the other stuff isn't. And as a result, the Bengals still have a pulse despite the three and six records.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll be listening for sure, Dan and Lamp with the call on Sunday one o'clock in Pittsburgh. Of course tomorrow Bearcats at home. I believe that's a noon start against.
Speaker 4: Ten o'clock on the Arizona body clock. So hopefully that helps Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this West Coast stuff here, and you tell you're back. I feel you, Danny, all the best, buddy, have a great game and we'll chat next Friday morning. Be well, sounds good? Thanks, take care of my man. With that. A news update in just seconds here on seven hundred WLW Winn return Will Dance is in if maybe sports ain't your thing or there's time between. Got some streaming and movie options for you. We'll touch on that just ahead. Scott's Loan Show rolls on on this Friday morning on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Now, a man who has entertainment reporting of course through his veins, which makes him a medical.
Speaker 1: Offity is ABC.
Speaker 3: Will again from New York, wanting to figure.
Speaker 6: Out outside of sports, which you might be doing when it comes to watching stuff, whether it's in the big screen, the one at home, the one in your hand.
Speaker 3: I know what's up to you. Well, we'll just throw it out there and you do with the information what you want to do with the information. William, good morning, Good morning. You have had when's the last time someone to call you William?
Speaker 5: Probably fifth grade when I was in trouble for I don't know, eating too many cookies out of the cookie jar. It's a very parental thing. Okay, it can be a little bit of PTSD to hear William, go.
Speaker 3: And go with dad mode here, will all right, So we'll pick up or Kyrie left off. I know that Frankenstein is out on Netflix. Why would they wait till after thanks after thanks you? Why were they Thanksgiving? And after Halloween to do that.
Speaker 5: You know, it was in theaters for a little bit, so I don't know if maybe they thought that Halloween would have people sort of heading to theaters to see some spookier, moodier type of films and so they were hoping to make as much money with that model before they put it on. But yeah, that's where we're at. So it just arrives to Netflix this week, and after being in theaters for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Prior, how does it stand up to I guess all the other ten twenty thousand Frankensteins have been done before, so this is you.
Speaker 5: Know, Giermo del Toro is the director here, and he has said for decades that telling the story, that making his version of Frankenstein would be his dream project. And you can definitely feel that as you're watching it. I mean sort of like Frankenstein's Monster itself, Like the film does lumber in some places. It's a little slow moving in some places, but that said.
Speaker 3: It is like visually epic.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 5: You know, there are some really cool nods to the nineteen thirties original Frankenstein movies. You know, it is absolutely rooted in Mary Shelley's novel, and then Giermo del Toro does sort of add a couple of twists and.
Speaker 3: Plot changes of his own. Jacob E.
Speaker 5: Lordi plays the monster of Isaac plays the scientist, and it's, you know, it's really well acted. I think for people who like the story, it's definitely worth watching. It does have a two hour twenty something minute run time, so it's long. But if you're, you know, looking for something you know to watch this weekend, it's it's certainly worth to watch. It's it's a great, great telling of the story.
Speaker 3: All right. Frankenstein ed is on on Netflix. On Netflix, it keeps raising their rates for some reason. It's giving you the notices about the rates going up again. I gotta I gotta do a deep dive where the holidays will figure out what the hell I'm spend all my money on too many services? It's too much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, that's a good that's a good sort of refresh for the new year. Yeah, remind yourself, Yeah where all this money?
Speaker 3: Year's resolution is figure out why am I paying more? And still have a lie? Just I don't understand. Then, still flip around from platform to platform. There's nothing on there's nothing. There's nothing here. There's nothing here. I know, if you're into this, Jonas Brothers have a new holiday movie out.
Speaker 4: Right, that's exactly right.
Speaker 5: So somehow this year America is celebrating twenty years of the Jonas Brothers, which is crazy because I feel like that's impossible time wise, but here we are. The guys are on tour this year, and they've also somehow figured out time.
Speaker 3: To shoot this movie.
Speaker 5: That hit Disney Plus today. It's called a Very Jonas Christmas Movie. And I went in with the lowest of expectations and was very, very pleasantly surprised. It starts off a Will Ferrell is playing this like Jonas Brothers super fan who is hyped to see them in concert. And then from there, you know they are on tour in Europe and there's a big storm and they need to make it home for the holidays.
Speaker 4: So it's very.
Speaker 5: Familiar plot wise in that way. But I thought the movie was very fun, and my favorite thing about it was there's a lot of new music in it, and I thought the music was great. Kenny g shows up playing the saxophone, so yeah, yeah, it has all the familiar makings of a Christmas movie, But I thought it was a lot of fun to watch, and it that hits Disney Plus today for anyone looking to maybe jump start the holiday season with the Joe brose.
Speaker 3: They've been around what twenty years?
Speaker 5: I think, yes exactly, which I think I know, which I'm like, how is.
Speaker 3: This even possible? Because aren't they.
Speaker 4: Twenty two years old? But I guess they're not here?
Speaker 3: Who is it?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: Who is your core Jonahs brother fan? You know, that's a great question.
Speaker 5: It's got to be the millennials that grew up with them, so I would see that it's probably thirty year old women.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, mom band, Okay, so Jonah. The thing is like, oh yeah Jonahs brother. Well, yeah, they've been around for a couple of decades for sure. So a very Jonah Christmas.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I'm kind of divided right now. Is it the very Jonah Christmas?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: This is me by the way, talking here William?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 3: Or do I go with the A Bill's Love Story on Hallmark? Because there's a Bills fan and grow up. There's a Hallmark movie on apparently called A Bill's Love Story, which is becoming meme of an of itself. I don't think I can remember the last time I watch anything on Hallmark, and I'm not sure I'm gonna watch this.
Speaker 5: Well, listen, you know there are when it comes to holiday movies, and in particular Hallmark Holiday movies, there are absolutely no rules. So sometimes I think that they just ask a second grade class to write the script for these things, and.
Speaker 3: Somehow they get made.
Speaker 4: And so you know, if.
Speaker 5: You're willing to forgive all of that, then a Bill's love story could be just with the doctor ordered this weekend.
Speaker 3: I know, yeah, I don't know what it drops. If it drops, I'm not quite sure. I know some of the guys from the Sopranos, like Steve Shirrip is in it. I don't have no idea what to make it, this whole thing, but hey, what, there's plenty of stuff to watch on the small score. Let's talk about the big screen real quick. Here, what is out in theater so we should be interested in?
Speaker 5: Okay, So there's one sort of off the beaten path that I wanted to recommend to everybody, and it's called sentimental value.
Speaker 4: And DELLN.
Speaker 5: Scars Guard is like a a famous director. He's lost touch with his two daughters, and he comes to one of his daughters, who's an actress, and says, I've written this script and I want you to be in this movie.
Speaker 3: And she's like, you.
Speaker 5: Know, get lost.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard from you in years.
Speaker 5: And that's basically what the movie's about.
Speaker 3: But it's so well told.
Speaker 5: The challenge here for people wanting to feed is that it's limited relief. So it's not going to be in every theater or the closest theater maybe to you, but if you can find a theater that's playing it.
Speaker 3: I thought last weekend and it's just.
Speaker 5: It's really stuck with me, and I think, you know, it's really emotional and really well acted, and the script is fabulous. So I think when Oscar nominations come out in January, we'll probably be talking about this movie. Sentimental value.
Speaker 3: Sentimental value, okay, good? And so the place you can see that the theaters very Jonah Christmas and Frankenstein on Netflix. The Jonah Brothers Jonah's brothers once on Disney you said Disney Plus, that's correct, Yep, got it. See I remember, I listened, see I listen, will I listen? I got this all right? And the bill's love stories that Hallmark.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we have friends of no matter, Bill says, are like, I'm like, dude, I just because it's on there doesn't mean it's gonna be like why am I watching? I wouldn't watch this in any other way. I don't know what as I would be looking for. Like, I don't know there's gonna be a cameo by Josh Allen or something. I probably not. I look at this good. Yeah I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, good luck with that. Well, we will review that. Get back to me next week. See if that's where we do something for me for a change.
Speaker 5: I will okay this holiday gift here, all right.
Speaker 3: I want a full review and breakdown of the Bill's love story and Hallmark appreciate it, buddy, Thanks again, all right, have a great weekend. You to take care. Will dance in New York at Will Dance with two S's and we'll get a time out in and more to follow on this Friday morning. A lot of bad TV shows, I just a lot of thing is these days we have so many platforms, and if you have all these platforms, you need content, which is why you can go to you know, you do a deep day, you want to go to a rabbit hole if you have Amazon Prime, and I think there's other platforms that have this too, but Amazon Prime, you go in, they have just TV shows, and if there's a TV show that was ever made in the last thirty years and maybe even longer, you probably can find it on the live TV option of Amazon Prime.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: I did just get recently an l I think it's an LGTV, and they have their own platform with a lot of the same shows on it. So like shows you haven't seen or thought, oh my god, like who's going Wow, I need a what was that show in the eighties? Wings? I need a murder? She wrote Channel it's there like YouTube TV. For some reason, I can't get ABC and Monday Night Football and Channel nine, but I can get the Portlandia channel where it just runs NonStop episodes of Portlandia. I don't know why they have their own channel or platform. I didn't know there was that kind of demand for that show, but it's there. So again, you have so many ways to get a product or and you don't have enough product out there, You're gonna get a lot of reruns, So I'd probably wait for a channel where it's just TV shows that lasted one season or less. Would that be fascinating? Maybe the worst channel of all time if you think, I don't know, like for example, home shopping on Christmas Day, they just run that static shot of a burning log the TV fireplace. It may be worse than that. The one one and done, the one and Done channel. It's called one and done, and there are tons of TV shows past present and definitely in the future where it's going to be one. It seems like a really good idea and they just they run the entire season. That would be something I like to see. You know, you you're scraping the bottom of the barrel and say, okay, we are out of stuff. We're not wearing shows that I can't weren't good enough to make it a season on network TV Done Fixed It waiting on that one quick time out, more ahead, Slowey Friday Morning, seven hundred WLW. How do you feel about this game on some day? Yeah? Me too. I don't know the make of this. Okay, Chicago, that was just what an embarrassing cut punch that was in a game you had won. This is a little bit different. Chicago's a better football team. Steelers. Typically the Steelers just rolling the division Steelers and Ravens and Bengals in Cleveland is still Cleveland. But man, and talking to Dan Horde at nine o'clock, we'll have more with Austin ten to thirty five on this. You just don't know what to make of the fcn Worth. Even with the Bengals below water record, it still feels like it's doable, right. I mean, the Steelers scored what ten points against the Chargers Aaron Rodgers two interceptions and a touchdown. He looked every bit of his almost forty two years of age at this point. And the efficiency is getting worse and worse and worse as the week's go round. Their offense is pretty much near the bottom of the NFL when it comes to yards per game? Can they get better? While they put yards up against the Bengals they did on Thursday and football they'll do it again, sure, but you know it's that war of attrition. I know who wants it less. I guess we'll find out Sunday. I guess we'll find out on Sunday. I plan on and listening to the game. We're watching the game for sure, just to see who shows up. But what happens, you know, typically it's you know, Steelers were the Mike Tomlin Lakes Steelers of years past. It wouldn't be a contest, but it certainly feels like the Bengals could sweep the season series for sure. We'll find out one o'clock on Sunday from Pittsburgh here on the Home the Best Bengals coverage seven hundred w WELW typical and usual suspects on the show this morning, something a little bit new. I don't know if you caught this, and I think it's an interesting story myself is this just broke overnight. So the chatbot Claude dot aih the Chinese used and this is the first time we have documented AI being used to hack, and they actually used a and I use this chatbot too, Claude. They actually use it to hack companies. And there's a new cyber thread out there that involves AI. We're all on AI now and even if you don't think you're on AR, you're on AI. And a lot of the stuff is encrypted. So if you're doing you know, if you work for a company that's well p ANDNG at the example, law, politics, maybe journalism, I don't know, and you're dealing with sensitive subject matter. There's a way they're now cracking encrypted conversations, and that the point of encrypting stuff is so so you don't have someone acking you, and yet apparently it's going on. We'll get to this with Chris and iis. He's the CEO of Cincinnati based Vigilant Cybersecurity. Coming up right after a news update here on seven hundred WLW. As the government opens back up, will you notice things? I will notice that maybe you're in the the next couple of weeks, maybe the airports won't be as bad, but we're headed towards the holiday travel season. I don't know. Sure will notice that's certainly it's good having all the FA employees back and you know, hopefully working at full capacity during the busy time of season. But you know, sadly, we're probably going to just repeat this exercise I think in six weeks, in just about six weeks, so January will do this all over again. And you wonder, as bad as this was, as long as this whole thing was, that maybe politicians said, hey, you know what, maybe it's not a good idea to shut it down. Maybe I don't know if we do this again in six weeks, you would hope that there will be some sort of rebellion by us, the people going enough of this nonsense. Do your jobs. And I know that the right will blame the left, left will blame the right. And you know, you shut the government down because you're holding out the healthcare. You left with nothing, and now Charles Fritz Schumer's job is in question, as leadership role as a question. And that's all politics. That's good, but again, it's about the American people. It's about me and you and you know coming to it, hopefully a solution before they have to shut the government down again. I don't hold out hope that's going to happen, because I just have a sneaking sense that you know, no one is holding them accountable, at least those of us here, the eighty percent of us who are tired of this nonsense. It's just simply are not vocal enough about it. I don't know if that'll change. Really, we'll do a news update and we'll get into that AI stuff just ahead here on the Scott Plone Show on seven hundred WW Cincinnati. Don't want to Friday Morning with Scott's loan here on seven hundred WLW, also on the iHeartRadio app take us wherever you go. We portable like that. So not to freak you out a little bit, but this is important if you are doing work on AI. A lot of us are using AI for our jobs these days, and especially if you're in a sentenceitive field. It could be medicine, could be law, could be politics, who knows, P and G. Of course, highly sensitive information, corporate information. Use AI as part of your job. There's a new cyber threat called the Whisper Leak, and we actually had an AI. Will get in a second, but we actually had an AI being used by the Chinese. And this story broke overnight involving one AI chatbot that they're using AI now to hack servers and databases. Joining the show, he is the CEO of vigil and Cybersecurity based out of here in Cincinnati. Chris and I Heist. Welcome. How are you.
Speaker 7: I'm doing pretty good on this rainy Cincinnati morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, ready to go. So let's let's get into what just happened overnight with the Chinese and using AI. What happened and what was the platform? What I compromised. Right.
Speaker 7: So Anthropic a company they're out in San Francisco. They have a technology called Claude and it's a pretty amazing tech. It's very similar to chat GPT, but yeah, a lot more effective in like writing code things like that. Basically, what happened is these technologies are meant and built to be ethical. They're not meant to do things legal, but you can you can convince them to do different things.
Speaker 3: You know, different people have.
Speaker 7: Used it to hack and and and you know, different aspects. But in this case, what Chinese hackers did was they got into Claude and Claud's got tons of processing power, and they convinced Claude that it was a security researcher for a security organization here in the United States and that they were doing research on some customers of THEIRS and they needed to write a bunch of code and execute that. What they did basically was they created an attack against the you know, a bunch of different organizations. Uh, and we're able to carry that attack out using Claud's processing power and AI technology.
Speaker 3: That's kind of that, that's kind of nefarious but brilliant in a way. And now using AI because your fingerprints all are over it, right, Oh, it's all over it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And what's really well, what's interesting too is you know it was coming from Claude's servers, so you know, organizations are allowing that, right, so it doesn't look like it's directly come.
Speaker 3: From from the Chinese.
Speaker 7: And even with Claude, you know, Anthropic, they had to look back through logs recon you know, reattached and there they're almost certain is what they're saying, that that there's evidence that it was coming originating from China. But even then, you know, you and I have talked about it. It's very easy to make yourself look like somebody else, you know, and that's how it happens.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's amazing too, because it's Chinese or Russian or you know, other actors out there. But every time we have all this information against them, they just deny it and nothing ever comes of it. It's not like you need some way to you know, it's not like we have a court you could go to and say, well, we're final lawsuit. They just go, yeah, it wasn't us, and then you never hear it again, right right, hey, you never hear of it again.
Speaker 7: It just goes, it goes away, and you know, a lot of it has to do with geopolitical interactions. You know, these are things that you know, again, you know, we're we're we're a nation state to them, right, and so they're having the same conversation as probably other radio stations as well. But you know, because we we do things vice versa. It's it's a war. You know, it's a cyber war. And you know we've talked before it's it's all about positioning. But in this case, you know, we're in the United States, we have to really look at things and protect ourselves in these ways. And what's crazy about it is we're creating all this technology that then gets turned right back around and used against us.
Speaker 3: All right, so let's pivot to this. Chris speaking of a I new cyber threats called Whisper Lake, and it's AI involved here too. We just we're just talking about here and so now they don't have to get and they're just looking at what your pattern of traffic is, in the timing of your traffic, and then they guess what it is. You're it's like clip.
Speaker 7: Reading, right, it is, it's like flip flip reading, and you know, what whisper leak happened. What these researchers did, and this has been out for about eight months now, it's just starting to hit the news. That's that's pretty much a trend. If you hear about things generally now here on this show, you hear things a lot earlier than you would in in other media outlets, just because you know, you tend to be really focused on and I think it's awesome. But this is something that's been out for a while and it's just starting to get some traction. But what these researchers did was they looked at patterns. And the thing we have to realize about AI is AI is not like most AI that we interact with, is not like a thinking brain.
Speaker 3: It's really just a pattern matcher.
Speaker 7: And so if you interact with it, or I interact with it now I ask it the same questions, or we asked it the same question of the same topic, it's going to actually have the same pattern in the way it responds.
Speaker 3: So what these researchers did was they.
Speaker 7: Went out and just asked twenty eight different AI platforms, large language models, and they said, hey, tell me about money, laundry and tell me about financial tell me about the space industry, these types of things, and they then documented the way in which it responded. Now anybody can do this, and in fact, they actually released the code, so anybody can go out and do this. They can create these patterns and then what they do then is they just sit on a network at a Starbucks or they set it at a corporate network or wherever. As long as you can capture or see someone's traffic that they're going to the Internet with, you can actually match that traffic.
Speaker 3: So quick.
Speaker 7: Analogy if for everybody to understand this is it's I take a letter, handwriting, hand written letter, and I hand it to you.
Speaker 3: It's not encrypted.
Speaker 7: Anyone that intercepts the letter can read it everything I have in it. In this case, it's encrypted my transaction between me and you. So if I wrote that letter, put in an envelope and handed it to you, the postman's not going to read it. You know, no one's going to read it until you open that up. But what they can see is how big is the envelope? You know, what is it wigh different things about the characteristics of that and so you know, if I'm sending you something and someone knows what's in it originally, or they test that they can they can create a pattern of weight, size, things like that that they can then infer what I'm talking about. And so the big problem here is people can can now look at the package of your communication and see what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's it's yes, like looking through the envelope basically at this point that that's pretty scary. But the good news is this was this whole thing was run by Microsoft. So this wasn't a hack. It wasn't.
Speaker 7: But this is and this is the issue right with disclosure, is it was run by Microsoft security researchers did it. They released it nine months ago, They released all their code, all their findings. Anybody can go grab that code and can redo it. So guaranteed that one someone's grabbed that code. But also guaranteed is that even before Microsoft reached it did it, someone else researched this and figured it out. So you know, it's yeah, it's a it's a pretty big it's a pretty big deal.
Speaker 3: Chris and I Heiss is here. He's CEO of vigil and Cybersecurity based out of Cincinnati. Now we have some worry about AI in a different way, and that is the Chinese just use this overnight on claud dot ai. That's there. I use that platform to it us. Wonderful they were able to use code, have AI write code to create a hack with The other thing too is whisper leak what we're talking about now. And you know, if you are in a sensitive business where you use AI in the course of your job and you have sensitive information putting that out there, you think it's encoded, there's a way for bad actors to see through that, not break the code necessarily, but rather be able to figure out based on what time, what the content is and to like to figure out what it is you're doing. I don't know if that gives you explicit details about tappening, but they said it happens with something like ninety eight percent accuracy. They're able to guess what's going on here. So and the other thing that we know about digital fingerprints online, but I think it probably surprised a lot of people that it's encrypted, that we're leaving a digital fingerprint with AI. Right.
Speaker 7: Well, it's the thing here is is that you know, normal communication doesn't have patterns, it's all jumbled up. It's encrypted a certain way. The problem with working with AI because you know, like you and I are talking in our conversation has no real pattern to it. You know, it's where going different directions. But when you're talking to AI, it's a pattern matching technology. So it's really just taking a question that anyone asks, it goes out to what it's learned, and it responds in almost the exact same way every time, so you can infer what it's talking about. And you know you mentioned security researchers. You know, Apple when they built their new facility, they built the Starbucks inside their their facility out in California because if you sit, if you know, their team members were going out working at coffee shops in the area, and they actually forbid them from doing it. Because if you can capture someone's traffic with things like AI, you can see that pattern. So you know, if you're a security researcher or you know, someone could know what your role is, uh say, for instance, practor and gamble right. If at PG or ge right, someone was a aerospace engineer and they went and said, at a coffee shop here in Cincinnati, and there was a Chinese espionage spy sitting in there, which happens, by the way, same reason Apple forbid everybody from going to there because they know this happens, and they're sitting on the network and they and they can capture that traffic, right which is not extremely difficult to do. They could then see what gees researching in aerospace, you know, if that person's using AI based on topics, and from that they can then create, you know, additional attacks against us for that, or if you're a lawyer and you're researching a certain type of of of a case, or if you're a criminal and you're searching researching money laundry. In fact, money laundering across every AM model was able to be found out with precision one of the time in their in their research. Yeh, search money laundering.
Speaker 3: I'd have tested. Just see, I got nothing going this weekend. I'm up for some fun, Chris. A lot of big companies, I am not even huge companies, but but big especially public trade. You mentioned GEPG, except that they have their own AI internal AI platforms. Does it make a difference.
Speaker 7: Uh, well it does if they're using those platforms internally. You know, you you would have to capture the traffic on the inside of the network. So now I'll say this is something a lot of people don't think about, but I mean you and I talked about this recently. The North Koreans were having people get hired into companies here in the United States and working for them. So you got to be really careful and even inside your organization now to make sure you don't have people that are there committing espionage also, but it is a lot safer if people have a language model internally. Uh, you know, we do it vigilant. You know, we've taken these these models builtam in. Our team interacts with that for sensitive things. You know, if you don't have that, that opportunity a way you can protect yourself is and you should do this anyway, but if you're ever interact with AI, uh, you know, even if you know, if you're in a public space or you're in a network that you don't control, always connect to v you know, proton VPN.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of different vpms out there that you can use.
Speaker 7: That are very inexpensive and and it'll mask that traffic.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: You know, the thing that we just have to realize is the moment our traffic leaves our network or our computer. Even if you're in incognito mode in your browser or a safe mode, everywhere you're going can still be tied back to you and the exact location you're at, right, I mean, Microsoft is releasing to teams this week actually to where in Microsoft Teams it'll show the IP location of where you're sitting at, even if you're on a VPN too, so because it's looking at your local Wi Fi. Those are things in information that Microsoft's had for years. It's just now they're making it available to companies to be able to see. Right, So anytime traffic leaves your network, if you're going whatever website, you're going to the incognito mode and things like that only mask what's happening, like tracking it on your system in terms of logs. It doesn't stop you know, an Internet provider or someone else from knowing where you went, what you did, gotcha.
Speaker 3: So that's important people. I'm incognito mode, but that really doesn't do is what you think it's doing. It does. It doesn't do what you think it is doing.
Speaker 7: All it's doing is if someone comes to your laptop later and they look at your browser history, Uh, you know it's not going to be there. It's also gonna uh stop cookies from tracking you on the internet, but it's not stopping.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: You know, if you go to a website, they're still going to know where you're coming from because you're connecting to them. They're going to know your originating IP.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: It's going to be in their logs, you know, on the other site.
Speaker 7: Uh, you know and uh and so that's why you know, if you nick the VPNs, then your origination point changes, you know, yes, you know, yeah, yeah, you know, it's different.
Speaker 3: Which is why when you log in somewhere and it says you know, you're they think you're in Alaska or Russia or something. You're like, well, I'm not a I know. That's just like bouncing it around the world, is what's going on. So they can find you right exactly now.
Speaker 7: And if I'm in a Starbucks and I connect to Wi Fi, or if I'm in a hotel and I connect to Wii or to Wi Fi, it's if someone's on that network, uh, and they've done certain things. They can see my traffic even if it's encrypted. They can know where I'm going, what I'm doing, who I work for.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: If I get on a VPN, then it shrouds that traffic all the way to the VPN provider and no one locally is going to know what.
Speaker 3: I'm doing and and so yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I mean in this case with AI, you know, the AI providers are starting to see how they can more randomize the way in which the communication looks different. You know, in our case with the envelope, maybe they send a Manila envelope tomorrow, and they send a white envelope tomorrow in the next day, they add some coins into it to make it heavier or whatever.
Speaker 3: That's what they're doing with the traffic.
Speaker 7: It's just trying to do that, right yea junk out, Oh that that makes sense. Yeah, yeah, But your protections on your own, like you have to protect yourself, you have to get on VPN, you have to do those things because these these issues are always going to exist, all right.
Speaker 3: So you're in business and you're you know, you're using AI with important data, right, proprietary information as we're called, and you're you're out there and a wife, I do this. Be careful with AI because you've been warned at this point. Now they're able to get this information. Believe Chris said, and I heeis over at Vigilant Cybersecurity here in Cincinnati. Always appreciate the insight and time. Thanks again, brother, have a great weekend, Uh my pleasure. Thank you. Take care. Yeah, we're got to get news update and of course we'll find out what's going on there. The weather's looking okay. It's okay for football tonight for sure in Bearcat Game Day Bengals in Pittsburgh this weekend. If you're headed out there, whether it looks okay as well. Full update with that traffic and winn a turn of the show. Speaking of the Bengals, Austin Elmore is here from ESPN fifteen thirty. We'll talk about the Bearcats to some degree, some interesting MLS news. The schedule and MLS will be changing in the next two years, I said, change the time of year they play soccer at TQL Stadium, and we'll get into that Bengals Steelers matchup as well, and what to anticipate in this game and one another one of those games you scratch you and now I have no idea which teams are going to show up for this one. Pittsburgh has not been playing well for a while now, and right about the time the Bengals started getting after him. The rest of the league is caught up a very Untomland like Mike Tomlin like squad. At the same time, the Bengals have their own difficulties with injuries any wonder at the end position. Trey Hendrickson is out, but so is Shamar Stewart. We'll see what shakes out this weekend anyway, Austin. The latest on this coming up in just a few minutes here on seven hundred w WELW Friday mornings at tend to lighten it up a little bit or a lot, as the case may be, and just talk about fun things, whether it's sports or what's happening in the Fountain district. I know we're worried about crime and Fountain Square and around the city for that matter. It's a concern, but does that prevent you to dissuade you from going town and enjoying what the city has to offer. Me personally, not so much certain times a day, certain areas maybe, but not too concerned about it. I'll be honest with you, and I tend to be a little situationally aware. Know what's going on, that's ed. I know that We're going to see a whole different look at Fountain Square in the Fountain District as we call it when it comes to the holidays. Christie Simood from three c dc'll be on the show at eleven oh seven explain the big changes in store for the how they look downtown, at Fountain Square and elsewhere. She's coming up in a few minutes here as the Scott's Loan Show continues on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage seven hundred WWD. Since then, Scott's Loan Show seven hundred WLW, Austin Elmore from ESPN fifteen thirty pops in on Friday mornings talk about I think sports related and today would be no exception. How are you, bigg and you're good clearing, My throats are clear and the cough button there. I'm good. How are you? I'm doing fine, jumping right into it tomorrow. You've got Tony Pikes. You see Bearcats at home against the Wildcats of Arizona. Everyone is looking at the BYU game. It's sold out already. No one's paying attention to this. Does that make you nervous?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Tony and I were just having a conversation before the show earlier and he's like.
Speaker 3: I got I don't know about this game.
Speaker 6: Everyone's kind of looking towards by right, Arizona maybe better than we thought. An experienced quarterback who's seen a lot of things. Not that different of a team than you see, to be honest, because Mobile, you know, shifty. It's not like it's going to be unbearably cold on Saturday at Nippert Stadium. I think the high is going to be sixty six, So it's not like Arizona will be thrown off by the frigid temperatures of Cincinnati, Ohio.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Think you know, after a performance the way that they had against Utah after a bye week, you just hope that the Bearcats don't come out sleepy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and thinking about that BYU game and if hey, we run the table, don't worry about Arizona. We got two more games. We should be able to be And let's keep in mind that this is a team. It's last week. Gave b Yu all they can handle, right, Yeah, I mean Arizona and that whole conference. I don't know that there's outside of Texas Tech who's very, very good and I think one of the best teams in the country, that next group of guys, that next group of players or teams is I think they're all just varying degrees of separation, very similar teams. So I think the big thing is how does Brendan Soresby respond from a bad performance against Utah? I mean, he was a big reason why they lost that game and turning the ball over, and last year when he would turn the ball over had a bad performance, it kind of snowballed. Does he have the next step this year where he leaves that in Utah off of a bye week and can get back to playing the football that we saw him play for the majority of this season before he gets the Bengals, I wanted to I'm gonna mix it up a little bit here. I'm gonna go with Kyle Schwarber. Now, is going to be a Cincinnati Red?
Speaker 4: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 3: According I mean Mike Dwines, the governor. Dewinesah, yeah, good as glad. As long as he said something.
Speaker 6: I know he's laying on everyone saying, yeah, it's probably pretty a bunch of dune deal. Is he going to create some room in the budget? Is he like going to give a a loan?
Speaker 3: Would yeah?
Speaker 6: Schwarber would get like, I think, like two thirds of their current payroll. Yeah, the Reds have roughly twenty to twenty five million dollars in space Kyles Werber won't get anything less.
Speaker 3: Than thirty million per year. Incredible.
Speaker 6: So if he can play like six positions, that'd be great. If he and pitch a little bit, that'd be ideal. I mean, I I listen seriously, I would love nothing more than I mean. And people I've talked to you that know him a little bit say, first team, all good guy, incredible locker room dude, great teammate, brings all the good vibes.
Speaker 3: Everywhere he's ever went, they've won.
Speaker 6: I think back to twenty sixteen with the Chicago Cubs, his time in Philadelphia. He was good with Washington. So it makes a lot of sense. I just financially it doesn't. Yeah, I wish that it did?
Speaker 3: You wish it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You want to and say, wow, I think out a sign Okay, great where they're gonna get the money.
Speaker 6: I also want to say this, the Reds could sign him if they wanted to. They choose not to spend that type of money. That's a lot of money, and they want you to feel like they don't have any and this is the only way they can compete. It's not true. This is how they decide to try to build a team. The wine's looking to see if there's any of that gambling revenue left from Seriously, let's get some of that, or yeah, just to get player. See if you can get some money from Luis Ortiz and Emmanuel Cosse kind of COVID money.
Speaker 3: About that COVID money left about that? There's something there I don't know. Can't get him.
Speaker 6: Maybe his brother. I heard Carl Schwarber is available. I bet Carl would not cost you thirty million dollars only working. I think he's working at Gason Go in Middletown.
Speaker 9: So they.
Speaker 6: Say Carl Carl Schwarber is going to be starting today. Gason Go is gonna be the name of the bullpen this year. The other thing too, before we get the football, that would be soccer. This is causing way to stir in MLS circles. Of course, you know, since the week off. Next week they go in to play Lonel Messi and Miami and the PLAYFF nextro on the playoffs. Fantastic game on Saturday, that was awesome to watch them beat uh Columbus. By the way, Columbus's coach said that they the mL says it run, they should go to aggregate scoring. To hear this, Gosh, I did hear this? Yeah, Dave, you got that. I'd play that audio real quick.
Speaker 10: We're done, Cincinatti, no point with that, But issue do a bit of mathematics. How many go to that Wesco.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati?
Speaker 10: Yeah, on the three games, how many goes five courts and how many go to the disco? Okay, so we won't. We won't. So we won't five three and we're out?
Speaker 3: Is that of the Fred Jackson or the factors from Columbus. He's doing Buckeye math. When they lose to the we those that miss again, it's like, well.
Speaker 6: You know, yeah, Wilfried Nancy, the gaffer for the Columbus crew. Now, aggregate scoring is used in some tournaments across the world, in some leagues and in their postseason, and I get it. It's not something abnormal to soccer. But it's not like they told Wilfrid Nancy after the three games. Hey, by the way, aggregate scoring is not counted here. She knew going into it that you have to win two out of three games. They lost two out of three games. I was listening actually to Columbus Sports radio this morning, and even those guys were making fun of him, like Stair, listen.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, you lost, Come on, just you lost. They keep the score on dog, Yeah, what's up? They do that with baseballs. Yeah, that works. It's just stupid. By the way, they're gonna change these schedules, I guess in twenty twenty seven. It's good. They're gonna align with Premier League basically is what they're doing. It makes sense because the transfer windows. I mean, how many guys you lose to international all that stuff. We'll cut down on that, right, yeah a little bit.
Speaker 6: I mean how many times have you and I sat in here and talked about how the schedule is discombobulated or different tournaments or showcases or whatever that are happening and it kind of interferes with the MLS schedule. Well, this is meant to get everyone a little bit more aligned, especially when it comes to players coming and going from the European leagues. Kind of keeps everybody a lining. So the season will start in July, it will go through May. There will be a two month break in January and February, and then you know the season will continue basically, so basically aligns with the European thing. But a lot of people are freaking out. Laurel Faylor reported earlier today that FC Cincinnati was in favor of this change, which I think is noteworthy. And the other thing is ninety one percent of the games remain unchanged. Yeah, so you're changing basically nine percent of the schedule. I don't know that it's going to be as big of a deal as some of the people that are disagreeing with this might think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I don't It makes sense to me, man, Yeah, you guys in the lineup. That's what people want to see, you guys as the lineup.
Speaker 6: And especially with f C Cincinnati, they love to dip into the European playerpool and bring those guys over. This gives them an advantage in doing so. All right, would you rather talk about the Jonahs Brothers movie or Cincinnati Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: I was at the gym this morning.
Speaker 6: I look up and I see the Jonas Brothers serenading me with Christmas carols, and I thought, dear God, what year is it. I was in the seventh grade when the Jonas Brothers exploded onto the scene. I'm thirty years old. Yes, yeah, they obviously took a hiatus and came back. Right, do we need a Jonas Brothers chriss.
Speaker 3: Women of your like? Who is the core constituency for the Jonas Brothers? It is young women. I guess we all will talk about the who wants it less? I guess is the question here because it used to be a man. The Bengals are terrible, right, and the defense is awful, offense is good. Pittsburgh is just not a good football team. Not a good football team. Shirt it don't look like it. And just start with Aaron Rodgers. I mean, his skills are declining as the season goes on. Is that more of age or other factors?
Speaker 6: That's a good question. I don't think he has full trust in the offense. I don't think he has full trust in his offensive line. And outside of DK Metcalf, they don't have a lot of receiving threats. And because of the offensive line shortcomings, they haven't been as effective running the ball, and so it's a very discombobulated herky jerky offense. I mean Rodgers has only thrown for over two hundred and fifty yards in a game once this year, and it was against the Bengals in Week seven in that Thursday night game. And if you remember, a good chunk of those came on one play to Pat Fryermoth. Yeah, he doesn't move quite as well as he used to. He can still be an effective passer, a good passer. But the offense as a whole is discombobulated. They maybe aren't getting the same amount of production that you would typically see out of TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt.
Speaker 6: Their defensive secondary has been a train wreck and they're just moving guys all over the place trying to figure it out.
Speaker 3: So as a whole, it's.
Speaker 6: Just been this up and down, clunky season for Pittsburgh. And they had a couple of chances to, you know, take advantage and maybe keep the distance between them and Baltimore, and now it's down to one game.
Speaker 3: Well even metcalf and say he's only had ten catches for less than one hundred years and the last three games. Yeah, yeah, I mean that's what I'm saying. Like their offense is just run game. Running game is not good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, if you watch them Sunday night, against the Chargers. You think that's not a playoff team, and it's it's just inconsistencies at multiple positions and not enough depth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rogers a TD two picks in that game and just score ten points again against the Chargers. I mean, Churn's pretty good team. But man, you know you're talking about trying to win the AFC North. That's not going to get it done. But on the other side of the ball, I look at this going, Okay, well, the Bengals come in and now, last time they played the Steelers four weeks ago, they got a couple of pressures on him, they didn't sacks, And now you don't have hendrickson it. It looks like they're not gonna have Shamar Stewart. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think the name that you're gonna hear a lot from this week as a potential game changer, and that might be a little too heavy. But a guy that could actually maybe get some pressures is Cedric Johnson. Now, he played in his first game against the Bears after being hurt in training camp. He was a late round pick of the Bengals a year ago, really finished the season strong in being able to pressure the quarterback. Last year the Bengals are high on him. He had a great offseason. He obviously got hurt prior to the season, and so he's gonna have an opportunity to be a part of that rotation with Miles Murphy and Joseph Osai and see if he can get after just be more productive than those other guys have. Now it's you have no faith in the other guys. They've done nothing. Miles Murphy has done nothing, nothing, Joseph Osai this year has done nothing, and they didn't do anything the last time. So I don't know exactly if I expect anything to change. But Cedric Johnson, you would think is going to be a part of the solution.
Speaker 3: I would hope. Well, I don't know. Can you also depend on your defense to get the takeaways they had and that last time they matched up? I am I don't see a trend there. Let's put that way. Yeah, no, I think that's fair.
Speaker 6: I mean, when the Bengals take the ball away on defense, they tend to win, and they just haven't done that enough team. Now, the one ball that Rogers threw in that first game was just a terrible throw, and the Bengals did and then there was one really great play by DJ Turner on the sideline. They're gonna need DJ Turner to step up big. Why, Well, we talked about it. There's not really other options outside of DK Metcalf for their offense, and so shut him down. DJ Turner is going to be the guy assigned with DK Metcalf. Can he get some of those takeaways or shut him down. The other thing is Pittsburgh's offense has shifted a little bit to using three tight ends, I think at the second highest rate in the NFL, behind the Los Angeles Rams. They're also going to try to get those tight ends involved in the offense. Pat Freyermouth had a big touchdown last time. Darnell Washington, who is just a mammoth human being. He's been involved in the past game a little bit more so I would expect Pittsburgh to try to use those guys.
Speaker 3: Now came a fading. You know, it makes sense. Three wideouts. We're going to try to create the space, make them a receiver, basically see that all the time in the NFL. Other side of the game itself, I think Jamar Chase is I don't see him putting up the numbers he put up last time. That was just all world. But I think he's a bigger fact for the Bengals and metcalf is for the Steelers without a doubt.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's the entire offense twenty three targets the last time these two teams met. Over the last five games against Pittsburgh, Jamar has really torched them. Now, the Bengals have won two straight games against Pittsburgh and Jamar has been a big part of that. I don't know that that's going to change. What's interesting about it is how does Pittsburgh decide to defend him? Last time, they basically stuck to their guns and went man to man against Jamar, Chase and t Higgins. How'd that work out for you? Yeah, Jamar had sixteen catches, his own franchise broke his own franchise record. Te also had nine catches in that game for a big, big play. So well, I'm curious to see are they, based off the struggles that they've had and the injuries that they've had in the secondary, are they going to commit to playing a man to man against those guys again? Or are they going to sit back and zone and make Joe Flacco beat them death? By a thousand cuts that I'm most interested to see. I can't imagine after they got torched the way they did last time, that they're going to go man to man with that type of frequency. Now that's who they are, though they're one of the highest Manda man teams in the NFL. Is Pittsburgh, but second time around against an opponent, maybe they'll change. What about Bengals run game has to be better than it was against Chicago the last time they played Pittsburgh, though that was the emergence of the run game. Chase Brown finally started to look like himself with those pass rushers on the outside, with Watt, with high Smith, with her big with the propensity to blitz in that man coverags the Pittsburgh does. That creates opportunities in the run game for you to get Chase Brown involved. The Bengals have to do it consistently to get Pittsburgh into those situations where they crowd the box and then all of a sudden still have and jamar on.
Speaker 3: The opposse on real quick? One did Pittsburgh defenses have to do? What looks are they going to give the Bengals We didn't see four weeks ago.
Speaker 6: I think there'll be a more zone, a lot more zone coverage than what we saw last time, and try to force Flacco to hold the ball a little bit and get that pass rush there, because if you remember, I think they only got to him twice maybe in that game the first time around, and Flacco likes to get the ball out quick. So it was interesting. Flacco said this week that he's seen some coverages in recent weeks that he hasn't seen in eighteen years in the NFL because of the way teams are doubling t Higgins and Jamar Chase at the same time. So if Pittsburgh decides to do that, you need a third player on the field that can win. It's been no a little bit. No fan has won some of these last time. Andre Yoshavas not as consistent as we'd like. Does Chase Brown get motioned out or split out in that and get matched up with a linebacker And if so, I'll take.
Speaker 3: That match up all right. Austin Elmore, ESPN fifteen thirty at noon today with Tony Pike what he got.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're only going till two thirty today. Everything's moved up on fifteen thirty this afternoon, but we'll talk to Charlie Goldsmith. He just got back from Las Vegas for the MLBGM meetings. We'll see what he's hearing about the Reds and they're playing for the off season. Also talk a lot about this Bengals Steelers matchup, and a whole lot we make our Friday picks as well, which is important.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure Charlie have more on the Red signing. Carl Schwarz Earl Schwarber. Carl Schwarber signed in the Middletown, Indiana. Uh, I appreciate it. Austin, thanks again, Thank you, home of the best Bengals coverage. Seven hundred w OLW.
Speaker 1: Do you want to be an American?
Speaker 3: He's got sloan on this Friday morning on seven hundred w old W. It is this season. I'm about ready. I just want to put you And maybe it's just all the angst and drahmena adgive in life. Love the holidays because you can just unplug. So if part of the celebration for you is planning on going downtown for the holidays, be it the tree lighting or to see the elves, or maybe to skate. There's been a lot of movement, a lot of additions and big changes for the holidays, especially in the Fountain District this year. On that from three CDC is Christy Samad Christy, good morning. How are you?
Speaker 8: Good morning? How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm great, fine, I'm fine. I'm ready for some holiday action. I don't know. Generally, when I see the ads for Christmas right around the fourth of July, I'm like, it's a little early, but this year, bring it on. I'm ready. I'm here for it.
Speaker 8: I totally agree. And I feel like with the snow flurry on Monday just got me even more right.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm ready. I'm in the spirit. So the thing is that typically people go downtown and you have your habits. You know, maybe you go see the trains at the Museum Center, go see the Shillott elves, whatever it is. There's a lot of moving parts right now. So if you show up and go, hey, what happened to fill in the blank, it may not be where you thought it was. The beginning is first of all, before we get into the changes, and these are some big ones here, what was the decision to kind of reimagine this whole thing?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, so the ice rink has have been awesome at Fountain Square for you know, the last twenty years or so, but we kept you know, building onto it and trying to make the patron experience better. But we ran out of room. We were kind of landlocked at Mountain Square. And so in the renovation of the Convention Center came on and we were looking at Elm Street Plaza right outside. It only made sense to make that area, you know, bring in the ice drink. And so we were able to from scratch kind of imagine where the ice drink would go, what is the patron experience, and we were able to expand and so as we're really in the Fountain district and how we you know, expand the winter festivities in downtown within this district, it just made sense where we can do something new on Fountain Square. We could put the a new, brand new ice drink at Elm Street Plaza and really think of it in that way.
Speaker 3: So will the rink be bigger or is it the same rink?
Speaker 8: It is bigger, it's a brand new ice drink. It's about a thousand square feed bigger.
Speaker 3: Nice and I like I used, I mean, it's it's not that far. It's just like a couple of blocks, so it spreads people out too that you can go to different and see different things along the way, like and that's good for business too.
Speaker 8: It's awesome. So it's a it's only a block and a half, so you you're more than welcome to still park at Sountain Square. Come up and we're debuting the Winter House this Saturday, which is a sixty five by sixty five tent with a bar. It's got normal operating hours Monday through Sunday, eleven to eight, and we'll have programming just like we do during the summer. And the thought that's behind that was, you know, if you're not a skater and it's cold, you're probably not finding yourself Atountain Square in the winter months. And so we wanted to kind of think of something where during the summer everyone uses it for lunch breaks, for meetings, you know, to see programming. And so really we were thinking how to carry that on during the winter. And so this is that it's a large warming tent where you can still enjoy programming, congregate with friends, you know, take meetings in there, eat your lunch, et cetera. And so that being on Sountain Square and new this year. Back prior to the renovation, like in the eighties and earlier than that, the city used to put lights on the fountain, so when they turn the water off, they would replace it with lights to you know, make it look like the fountain was still flowing with water. And in the past years that went away and so we're bringing it back this year with animated lights. So it'll be beautiful something to compliment. While you're in the tent just enjoying a cocktail, you can watch the fountain glow. And so that will be a fountain square.
Speaker 3: Big how big of how big it? Let's let's do the winterhouse town. How big a ten is it?
Speaker 8: It's a sixty five by sixty five so it'll fit about two hundred three hundred people.
Speaker 3: And that sounds cool because you can sit in there and be warm and have a cocktail and you know, look at to watch the tree, watch people go by exactly.
Speaker 8: I feel like, for yeah, you know, if you weren't ice eating, you weren't on the funtain fountain squared in the winter and so this hopefully will curve that. But then to your point, so the blocks and a half to Elm Street Plaza, while you're walking on sixth. The Chiloto Elves are going in some storefronts at the Crew Tower, and so those are the beloved Elves that every one you know Svin spliced apart over the years, i think, since they're originally at Chilto. But we've got a few scenes that you can check out on Fifth and then to your point, not to mention all of the new businesses, the businesses that have been opened, but there's a lot of new businesses opening on Fifth Street, and so Prim is a new bar that just opens in the Foundry. We've got Salazar that used to be an OTR relocated down to the old Sax building and that's opening next week. There's another entertainment concept called Flight Club that is going right next door, and it's a dart bar, and that will be on the other edge of the street. And then at that point you'll be right at Elm Street Plasm. But between we still have Jeff Ruby's Davidson, We've got Vintage on a race, meet Marigold. It's just gonna be this amazing district.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess Christy that moving the shallow Elves to to in Main Street there at Kurru Tower. That that to me, that that's a that's a winner.
Speaker 8: It is it is well talk about the history and the old memories. I mean, we're bringing them back closer to where they were, you know. And so it's and it's just sitting all of these festivities in one space and so in one spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the little kids like it to you're older, you see way go see Shiloh hols. But those things are lame. They saw that's not Ai, that's that's not And then when when you get to be a parent, you bring your kids here because you have fond memories of of the thing. Yeah, that's the way it ors. It's awesome.
Speaker 8: This is what we used to do. This is what things used to look like. You know, I'm a little I can they're a little creepy. They're great to see. I love them.
Speaker 6: I go every year, but they are a little well but if you look at that stuff from I don't know, a couple of generations ago, like Halloween masks and Santa clauses are super creepy. Back then, if you look at some of those black and whites from like the thirties or forties.
Speaker 4: Like that's scary af you're right, You're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's more like Crampis than it is. Santa Claus Christy Samad, she is the EVP of Civic and Commercial Space Activation for three Seed and totally have blown up how the holidays are gonna look downtown this year, starting in the in the Fountain district. So if you're looking for the rank, it has moved. That is gonna be to Elm Street, so right adjacent to the Duke Energy Convention Center, and the ranks bigger and better. Specifically, when you when you look at the new rank, you said, it's a new new surface. What upgrades will you notice?
Speaker 8: So it's a larger and we will have iggloos, We'll have pergolas that have fire pits that you can rent individually so you can have you know, if your family's coming down, you can secure a private area to hang out and have all of your stuff. There's a pavilion that's actually going to be there year round, but it will be open with concessions, you know, have chocolate, na drink and so I think that downtown is needed, I mean Elm Street Plaza in general. Right, it's this new two and a half acre civic space we're putting two hundred and son odd trees in this space, so it's kind of breaking in this concrete jungle and giving it new life. And so the ice drink being right in the middle debuting the space is it's awesome because it's going to bring a ton of people to come down to see the newly renovated convention center that will be you know, that's opening the first events January sixteenth for Redstack. The mural that they did for Blink, the Trists and Eaton mural on the side building of eighty four to fifty one is the backdrop of the ice rink and it just really you know, it showcases everything that Cincinnati has. It's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is cool. When does the rink open?
Speaker 8: November twenty So next Friday, we're doing the ribbon cutting of the Elm Street plaza. We're having the first and now mural skates on the rink and then it'll be free ice skating all day long.
Speaker 3: All right, who's going to be first you do the ribbon cutting, who's going to do the ceremony falling on their ass?
Speaker 8: So all We've got some really great construction guys that have been on the project. All the past eighteen months and they're gonna they're gonna debut ice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wear your bucket, boys, it'll be all right, all right. So the new center piece of Found Square though, is the the Winterhouse. We talked about that there's daily programming there. Are you gonna have music in it too or around there, so when the when the rinks go on, you put the tent there instead.
Speaker 8: I'm guessing right, yeah, exactly. And there's a stage within the tent, and so we will have programming basically seven nights a week. You can find we're doing a collaboration with CCM to have some buzz performers. We're gonna we debuted at Washington Park this past summer at Uker Night where you can just come bring partners or just meet partners. We're gonna have ukre nights there. We're gonna have drag bingo, We'll have piano nights on Fridays, so it will have Vinyl nights on Thursdays where you can come and fish records. We've got a lot going on.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. And the idea then also during the day though, is to get a lot of the workers downtown to come and maybe have lunch there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's really you know at that point, that third space so you can come and just pull up your laptop and gets more then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that and you know you engage more people. That's that's awesome and we need that downtown for sure. Uh And even with the rink moving that, the fountain square is the fix you know this, let's face that, we're gonna put the Christmas tree there too and have the tree lighting and sandals zip lying down so the tree stays. Talk about the fountain lights.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so thanks to the TVG came in big time and they came to support putting the lights on the fountain. Like I mentioned, there's going to be a five minute animated show of these lights every fifteen minutes, and so it'll look like, you know, when you're just walking by there's nothing, it'll look like just a nice, pretty white and then every fifteen minutes it'll pop with different designs of players and just really add to the middle of the square.
Speaker 3: Almost it was like blank right, yeah exactly.
Speaker 8: I have a two and a four year old. We were down, you know, getting everything ready last night and they were just entranced by this fountain. They were steering at it like, what's going on?
Speaker 3: It was, Yeah, that is really cool. I understand. Also, you're going to have there's gonna be more light in along fIF Street.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so again just to deck the hall. We are making sure again and as a clear plaque. If you're not incredibly familiar with downtown and you're like, you forget that, it's the Elmstreet prop plaza. You park a fountain square, you're going to come up, You're going to see all these festivities and then you'll see like a lit plot path that will take it, you know, the block and a half the Elm Street Plaza. I love with the tree lights and just the more holidays play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so cool because it like lights the path three to go though, which is you don't you don't love the festive It's like at the zoo with the big tunnel of lights.
Speaker 8: You walk through exactly well and not the thing. We wanted to make sure that. Yes, as the rink is physically moving, but we're really just expanding the experience. So rather than it just being in one spot, you just have to just like the zoo, you walk a little farther to the next experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I picture in my head and like, just like Clark Griswold, it's gorgeous, it's beautiful. Yeah, and it makes sense too, because we try to cram everything at Fountain Square. You get the tree, you get the lighting, you got stages in concerts, you get the ice rink. There's no more room to go, So expanding it and moving at a block and a half is I think it's brilliant.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then but that's a good point.
Speaker 8: A lot of people are asking the do Holliday Tree will stay on Fountain Square and so that's still on the corner of sixth to nine, and so when we do to flight up the square, we will still have that celebration on Fountain Square, but obviously a lot of festivities at the rink. And again we're just it's just how you make your way through either space. If you want to see the tree lighting physically onto Fountain Square, you can do that. But we also have an LED board at Elmstree Plaza and we'll be simulcasting it. So we're going to use the led boards at Fountain Square and Elmstreet Pop Plaza as a little bit of a portal. So you know, if you're ice skating and there's something happening at the square, we'll pop in to show you what's happening. So you can be at two places at once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty cool about the holiday market or Chris Kendlemark.
Speaker 8: So that there is going to be Chris Kindle Market down at the Banks. It's more line h Lawn, but on light of the Square. We will have vendors that are on Elm Street Plaza and just again part of that experience. But the cool thing about Winter House, we wanted to make sure that there is another element when you need to get a gift quickly. We have kind of like an iHeart Cincinnati store in in Netwin the House, and so you can come pick the guests that are central or they're around Cincinnati, but it'll be a great place for one stop shop guests.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very very cool. Finally, Christy Samad, the concern for a lot of people listening you're gonna go downtown is wait a minute, now, We've had a rash of shootings all summer long. We've had more violence. It's a problem for sure. Is it meaning that Cincinnati is a no go I don't think so. I have no problem going down on a an evening and with my family even a little for that matter, and go and enjoy the holidays and the Funtain district and the skating ring. But there are people are here listening going. Ain't no way you can't guarantee someone's safety. But how does that fit into this what we're talking about here? Because you know, we just open a brand new convention center. Of the hotels going in, we want people downtown, and yet there's this fear of random violence.
Speaker 8: You know, I think in all downtowns, you know, across America, right, I mean there's always it's an urban area. I don't think I've lived down here. I have a two and four year old. I bring them downtown all the time. We live right by Sriendly Market, and I think that, you know, the presence of more people, the more activity, only helps that of the feeling of safety. I think that there's always going to be unfortunate incidences, but you know, I don't think that downtown feels unsafe by any means. And adding all of this activity again as the vibrant, the astholite as and excitement, and so I think, you know, that's what we need to lean into, is the more people that the downtown the safer it is.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it was a concern for you guys too, and what did the city has wage those fears to some degree? Have we added more security for this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, we are working closely with the police and the city and there will be more visibility for sure. But again I think that we're thinking because there's more activity, there will be more police presence everywhere. But we want to you know, compliment that with all the different activities that we're putting on.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, as a family, you feel safe down there, and that's that. That's cratical. I mean I wouldn't. It wouldn't prevent me from going down there, for sure. I mean it sadly, it happens, and it needs to be addressed, but to me, it's not a deal breaker. I want to see the school stuff. I want to see the elves and the new Rank and all that stuff as well, and the Christmas tree because I love the holidays and a lot of people do. So get on and down and it kicks out. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 8: One other thing, we also have, you know, downtown operations teams, the ambassadors. We have increased those as well, so you know, it's clean and safe for the city. But also they are wealth of knowledge, so if you're downtown and you don't exactly know exactly where you're going, you can always stop them. And so again it's just that more presence on the sidewalk, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Christy, what starts tomorrow. What goes on on.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow is the grand opening of Winterhouse and the do holiday tree comes early in the morning on Fountain Square, so you can come see that sucker, come in off the highway and start getting installed. I like to say that this is a process. This isn't immediately. The tree does not immediately look pretty right after it, so it may have times where it looks a little sparse, guys, but it will.
Speaker 3: Look beautiful, that's all right.
Speaker 8: So the that's coming to this square early in the morning. We've got a tree trimming party that coincides with that, so you can go into the Winterhouse have some holiday fun. We'll have some entertainment in there, and then from six to ten we've got the Visitansu's grand opening of the Winter House.
Speaker 3: All right, and it goes through the holidays as well. So Christy Samad with a three c DC, I love the idea I think it's a great reimagination, reimagining of this this thing because it needed it. It was been the rinkless, small as little tired, A little compact. Spreading it out I think is brilliant. Hopefully folks will get downtown and enjoy this as part of the holiday festilies. Christy all the best, Thanks again, Thank you, Take care, Christy. Samad three c DC on the Scott Sloan Show. Yeah, I'm sure that people go, I ain't no way I'm going to. I don't know. It doesn't really bother me, especially that area. You know, random violence happens on the roadway, so I'm that's second to hopefully not scare too many people away. Anyway, from trying to keep downtime going, we'll get a time out of news. How the way slowly seven hundred W. The weekends coming up and you need to make the most advent where to go and what to do. She has the tips and inside to help you make it a super weekend. So listen up. This is the Local Loop with Ali Martin on seven hundred W l W. Yeah, Friday, Ali, how are you?
Speaker 1: I am great? I honestly had no idea what they.
Speaker 9: You were out last week doing DC for early Thanksgiving on the Sam Jam and luckily, like the traveling overall was pretty solid.
Speaker 1: There's only a little bit of hold up going out there.
Speaker 9: And then was just this week two days ago and yesterday in Atlanta for a barrel pick.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and I'm like, what day?
Speaker 3: Wow, this is all over? What's that like? You know, you're yeah, working like corporate world here and like a barrel picks eat.
Speaker 9: That's what's honestly, you know, it's it's hard because it's all self disciplined. Right, when you work for yourself, you not every day can be a weekend, but sometimes you.
Speaker 1: Move your weeks around.
Speaker 9: And right we drove, drove to Atlanta, drove back and had the chance to experience BUCkies the first time.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, it's that's America af right there.
Speaker 1: I said, you can't get more America than this.
Speaker 9: My god, I'm not, I said out loud, like I wish I was in that meeting where they're like, all right, picture this.
Speaker 3: Three hundred gas pumps, three.
Speaker 1: Thousand gas pumps.
Speaker 9: They will never be full at the same time, but we're gonna have so many gas pumps that that alone is worth taking a photo and then it's gonna be Walmart meets Kroger meets Smart meets your local deli.
Speaker 1: And they also don't hold gatorade.
Speaker 3: They don't. There's no gatorade.
Speaker 9: They don't have gator at least the one in Richmond. They you, they did not have gatorade. I'm like, what gas station doesn't know? It did not happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I looked at every single fridge.
Speaker 3: Hey, those guys have gatorad like it's pretty. It's like water. Basically, it's like we got water.
Speaker 1: Unreal. But then they they're they're the meat. They've got a fudge station.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pulled pork sandwiches. So good, so good. A little the sauce was really meaning. The sauce was a little sweet.
Speaker 3: But also why people rave about BUCkies?
Speaker 1: Man, it's worth the roast all here for it? Do I go home with Bucky slippers?
Speaker 3: You see the people that are just absolutely rocking out the BUCkies gear. It's so good.
Speaker 1: It's it's everywhere.
Speaker 3: I need to go back and argue with it. We got when they're coming, and they're common. We'll get one to Hubert Heights pretty soon. Here it's really sticking in really common now, So all right, Ali's here at Allie martin Ate. We talk about what to do with the eat, with the sea, with the drink, all that stuff, whether you're on the road or locally here, let's start with let's go back to local here local.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the hot spot. Have you heard about this?
Speaker 9: The fact that the sister bar of ghost Baby called prim Some people are calling it Prime prim uh, And it is the new swankiest cocktail bar right downtown. As I mentioned before, it's the same owners of ghost Baby, and holy crap, this concept is luxurious.
Speaker 1: It's high end.
Speaker 9: It has a little bit more of a feminine energy, a lot of pink, a lot of like round arches, and it's really just leaning into the concepts of gem gemstones. And it's also very retro and hot top top shelf cocktails. What's also interesting that I noticed they don't have an Instagram, So when you go to their website, dare they? But you know, in moments like this, you're like, Okay, well, I'm looking for a place to go check out. I want to see what it's all about and to kind of get a little bit of insight, And there is no Instagram, so you're just gonna have to go figure it out and check it out on your own. And it's totally good, good for honestly good for them. As I said, the interior, it's very like velvet textures, very dim, very like a retro modern, kind.
Speaker 1: Of retro modern, but very date night.
Speaker 9: And all of their cocktails are gemstone themed cocktails. So they have like the sapphire and the rooty oh, I got the emeralds. Okay, they're doing small plates with like fights that will come from the good theme.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 9: They're gonna have DJs and local arcs and it's really just that great spot for a night cap or if you're going down to dinner, whether maybe it's it's in a Ruby's marigolds around Fountain Square, because Mountain Square just the holiday time.
Speaker 3: Christie Simoda from three CDC earlier and she was talking about right where you got here, and how about how they're doing the new Fountain Square. It's like, yeah, so they're getting the So the ice rink is going to move to in front of the Duke Energy Convention Center and then on Fifth Street there it's gonna basically be a tunnel of lights to get you there, So it's like a block and a half path. They're moving the sholto elves to the Kreu Tower windows, so it's all like centrally located. They're gonna have also, uh a fountain square ins of the rink. They're going to put up a huge sixty five by sixty five tent with bar and stage it and it's heated, and they want people to calm during the day, like you know, workers downtown come, you can come and have lunch and sit in the tent. Well, they do watch like little pop up boost for Yeah, they're gonna pop up hot pop up Mark and Chris Kindlemark all that stuff. So yeah, they just they're spreading and it makes sense because they try to cramp everything at the square and it's like, hey, we've got the convention center, let's put there and it's a bigger rink with like they're gonna have fire pits and uh pergolas and stuff like that. There.
Speaker 9: I love it, you know, you know, as you're saying this and visualizing it, it's really that sounds really nice because it starts to connect the downtown area a little bit too.
Speaker 6: Over there that would be like a blink light type of display there too, and Holliway lights, so it's.
Speaker 9: Good me then into the next little segment here of talking about what the holiday bars are if you want to check them out, because every year now all of like these bars really try to lean into into the holidays and it's like tinsel and Christmas throws up all over the bar and you're the miracle at the Overlook Lodge. That's still the OGS.
Speaker 3: Off though, because every year I say, oh yeah, I got to put in my calendar in.
Speaker 5: This is it now?
Speaker 9: Right, this is why we're talking about it now. And I'm sure we'll lose my soul, but it's going to be sold. However, this is your time if you are genuinely interested. This is the OG holiday experience where they have a you have a curated time. It's all throughout the weekend, so Tuesday all the way into Saturday and Sunday and you're slotted for about like an hour and a half two hours, and you get a range of cocktails.
Speaker 1: But every year.
Speaker 9: What's great about this is every year the cocktails are different. So when they bring in these small different elements and they do decorate it a little different every year, as well, So check it out. Miracle at the Overlook Lodge. If you have been talking about this, this is the tenth year they've been doing it. Look at it today right now. Stop doing what you're doing because tickets are required for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like seventy minutes, right, yes, pretty cool. So you got they turned the tables.
Speaker 1: But it's but you, but it's fun.
Speaker 9: They have Christmas music playing, they have Christmas movies happening on the background, and it's just it's.
Speaker 3: Like what I think you describing in previous years. It's like you're actually in a snow globe.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, they not to kill the excitement and the surprise, but yeah, to make it snow.
Speaker 1: They make it snow in the bar. Cover your drink right right from the end.
Speaker 3: It's like Christmas concentrated. All just it's like you seven, You're probably overwhelmed at the end of seventy minutes, like, Okay, I can't handle them right now.
Speaker 8: You can't.
Speaker 1: You're drunk on eggnog.
Speaker 3: I don't know s I got the rock cats, there's fireworks, you're fat, and everything's going. Tan is showing up.
Speaker 1: Just be happy that you don't have to clean up the snow after right shout out.
Speaker 3: So that's the miracle in overall, Claude the.
Speaker 9: Miracle, and then the second are in pleasant Ridge and then the second bar that really started to make some headway over the last couple of years. Mimicking is Cobblestone and o tr so talking about being downtown really close to Washington Park. So maybe this is one of those things where it's a fun day night where you're walking through the park and then you end at Cobblestone. You don't need a reservation for this, which is great, so you you get Christmas thrown in your face without having to overly plan an overly book. But it is fully decorated. The pitch they're calling it Pitchmuths so right by TQL. Normally it's a soccer soccer themed and they play a lot of I mean the cards yeah so up on the screen. So this could be your perfect combination of Christmas meets sports experience. They also have Christmas throwing off at their part. It's a full takeover your classic branded Christmas theme cocktails and they have two floors. But this could also be a really good space to maybe think about booking a holiday party because they have a entire second private floor upstairs. So if you're in that mindset right now of like, hey, I'm in charge of creating my office's holiday party.
Speaker 1: If you haven't done that yet, this could be a good option.
Speaker 3: You may want to I've got time.
Speaker 9: You may want to the office exactly exactly. So there are a couple of different options. And I believe there are still some down of the banks that are leaning into the holiday themed very good.
Speaker 3: Well Thanksgiving is coming up now, just a number of days here. Now, what if you don't have plans?
Speaker 9: Oh you know, I actually am not sure what I'm doing. So we fall into this bucket. So let's have this conversation together. I'm not I'm actually not sure what I'm doing because I just had the early thank shaving.
Speaker 1: So if you would like to host me, I will be more than yeah, I got a play for you. I would love that.
Speaker 9: But if and if you're like, hey, I don't want to cook, because normally right every Christmas I do or Thanksgiving I do it with Tiff and.
Speaker 1: We try to Vietnam or she left me, bhyey, she's in Vietnam.
Speaker 9: So Sobido has always been the og spot, the last couple of years that I would recommend, which is with the Little Hotel. However, I need to do a little bit more creeping in an actual phone call because when I'm looking on their website and I'm looking everywhere, I don't see that they are promoting a Thanksgiving meal this year.
Speaker 1: So if you're listening to this and you have.
Speaker 9: A tie to Soubido and the light'le reach out to me and let me know, because I need to know if you're doing that or not, because that truthfully, it's an incredible buffet every single year leans a little bit more into the Italian side, but places that are definitely locked in and you can go check out Coffins So Hotel Covington and they're going to be doing a dinner lunch.
Speaker 1: From noon to six.
Speaker 9: It's seventy five bucks a person, fifty five bucks if you're sixty five years or older, and then if you have kids five to twelve, it's nineteen dollars and kids eat under kids who are under four eat for free. Yeah, so that's that's not a bad cheese and it's an absolute the Thanksgiving buffet. So they have a cold station with the shrimp cocktail and fresh fruit, seasonal salads, and then your hot station.
Speaker 1: I love a good carving station. There's got to be a carving station at a Thanksgiving buffet. I'm sorry, you roasted.
Speaker 9: Turkey, you have ham, and you get the green bean cass roll. People can crap on the green bean casse role, but I'm here for it. Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes. They do all of the coffins.
Speaker 1: Is doing the authentic Thanksgiving meal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was at a last time and it was a long time ago. It was at a where they're doing the you know, steamship around beef and they're cutting it and there's a long line. I'm like, yeah, I don't know whether they it must have been like a fill in person because they're trying to cut the roast beef with the grain so the long way. Oh no, and it's falling apart and they can't get through. It's like, I don't know what's going on here.
Speaker 6: And people are just there's like five six people deep, and I look, I'm like, let me hold on, turn it the other way.
Speaker 1: What you pull out your tip jar?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's turn it the other way. Like iMOS gotta like all right, give me put some whites on and glove up.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: So how did that conversation?
Speaker 3: Is like you actually should maybe want to think about that time I had to do your job. You turn it the other way and slice it this way and then oh, oh my gosh, people are looking at me going thank you.
Speaker 6: When everyone's afraid to say something like that, like I don't want to be the guy from the progressive heads, but I also don't want pulled roast.
Speaker 3: Beef and to look like Bucky Sandwich. Like it doesn't really work that way. You got to got to go the other way, like.
Speaker 9: If you think about it, just my guess is staff like that is not cutting Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: They don't have enough people. You know, that's not their So you probably had a dishwasher going a dishy comes in and does it like I don't know to there's somebody off from the janitorial steps, like guess what you're working the line.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Story, It's fine, we got through it.
Speaker 4: We got through it.
Speaker 3: I got extra meat.
Speaker 9: Because so anyone a hotel coming to and coffins, if you're listening to this carbon station.
Speaker 3: Turn the beef the correct way.
Speaker 9: Prep your staff accordingly, and maybe you're like, I'm so sick of the turkey, I don't want to do that. You could check out Gano's they're doing a family style concept, or you can also do carry out. Yes, they are going to have the roasted turkey and the gravy and and a lot of those classic options. But they still will do the spaghetti and meatballs, or the four cheese rally ravioli and a lot of those staples that they're known for. And I have to admit, Machianos, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like you're pretty good. Actually, it is good.
Speaker 9: That's why I put it on the list, because don't sleep on Magiano sometimes you do just really want a good Italian travel Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if they still do that they used to do it, could.
Speaker 3: Buy one's, Yeah, I don't think that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I should, I should probably know.
Speaker 3: You do some research there.
Speaker 1: We need to do a little research launch to Yeah.
Speaker 9: And then also season's fifty two, so the way that they're approaching this Thanksgiving, which is a little different, they want to lean into more of like a lighter option without the compromise, so they have it fully planned out. Your your three course Thanksgiving meal includes your starter is a butternut squash or some sort of a green salad, and then they are doing turkey and housemaid which is big housemaid stuffing. They've got the mashed potatoes, your classic green beans again, all of that. But I will say, and this is where I love what Season fifty two does with their desserts. Pe of Chinese used to do this years ago. I know because I worked there, the little mini shot classes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you have the desserts inside.
Speaker 9: It's like it's perfect, it's just enough, and they're all going to be Thanksgiving pumpkin pie pecan pie themed.
Speaker 1: I'm here to lean into.
Speaker 10: That, not me.
Speaker 3: You made the whole pie, pecana probably a slice of both.
Speaker 1: Oh here's another good local tip.
Speaker 9: If you're like, I don't want to make the pies and I need to go out and grab a pie really quickly, well number one Costco pies or massive really good and Army Greaters pumpkin, but their pecan pie.
Speaker 3: Is on pecan pie.
Speaker 9: It's all about the ratio. Yeah, you gotta have enough, but sometimes you can't overload it with.
Speaker 3: And the and the filling is key. It's like the pecans. Okay, pecan's roasted. It's fine with sugar, but man, you gotta get that. You gotta get that just right in the middle. Gotta have it just right, that filling right there. What I like to do. You get a slice of pumpkin, then you get a slice of pecan. Then what you do You put the turkey, the stuffing, the cranberry, and the gravy on that, and you make a pie sandwich. Thank you, Happy Thanksgiving? All right? Ali Martin Local Loop Adela Martin eight YouTube. She has her own channel there the Good Drama with Ally Martin. I always appreciate you coming in. Appreciate we'll talk next Friday in Let's go, Let's go, seven hundred wty since then