Speaker 1: All right, Mojo. In the morning show, Shannon has an addiction. She's addicted to something. This is actually a good addiction.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: I am a point whore, is what I would call myself. I love points, credit card points, rewards, free stuff, shopping online with like the apps to accumulate cash back. I live for this. I take advantage. I have so many different methods of using specific credit cards and different apps. We talked about Capital One, the shopping app, the other day on the show. But I was so proud of myself. Wes and I are trying to like get away for a weekend in the next couple of months, just him and I before the craziness of like the school year really kicks in. We booked a long weekend trip for free. Wow, flight, hotel, totally paid for with points. Not a dollar are we spending? And I am like, this is exactly why I do this. I'm so proud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where are you going?
Speaker 3: We are going to Arizona. That's his favorite place. Okay, yeah, he was actually going to move there before he met me, and I said a wrench in that equation. So whenever we can get out there, he loves going. It's easy, that's where we're going.
Speaker 2: I need to pay for to do it. What I'm using.
Speaker 1: I'm using points for my room in Cleveland. I'm not going to Arizona. I'm going to the Mistake by the Lake.
Speaker 3: But I know you do the same thing. You're good about credit card points. It's the best feeling to input that number, redeem and to see your total come down to zero point zero zero dollars.
Speaker 4: Doesn't this just mean that you spent a lot of money with them to get for sure?
Speaker 3: But that's where I'm a crazy person. Even if I go to like Tim Horton's and get a two dollars and sixty cent coffee, Yeah, it is on a card where I get points, yep, and then I just pay it off.
Speaker 1: I use my stars today at Starbucks. I think I got I think they gave me my egg bites for free.
Speaker 3: To let me tell you the dopamine hit of using Starbucks Stars. It's real.
Speaker 2: They taste free.
Speaker 1: The same thing kind of happens to me when I go to Imagine and they say you got ten bucks to Imagine Bucks?
Speaker 2: Do you care to use them?
Speaker 3: Always makes your whole day?
Speaker 2: Always? No, I want to say I am one of them?
Speaker 1: Do you order more because you got something from the same thing the entire time.
Speaker 4: So what are you gonna do when you have one hundred imagine points?
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, I'm going to some friends. The girls on the show get this when you go to Sephora and you're at the counter and you type in your phone number and they're like, oh, you get to pick from this array of items, or you have ten dollars off.
Speaker 2: Yes, Stephanie, what's up? It's Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, Shannon. This this truth speak at girlfriend now Kroger. I have saved over three thousand dollars a year to date, just this year with using my coupons and my points the cash back. Like, girl, anything I can earn cash back, I'm doing. I've got Dunkin Donuts, free drinks, Starbucks, all of them.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you do Target Circle. I just looked at my Target Circle. In the past twelve months, I've saved one seventy nine dollars and fifty two cents.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm about to go to school close shopping for my son. Back to school shopping, and Target is a place to go because not only do they have all of those everything every dollar that you spend, you earn rewards.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Where do you see that at? You see it up at the bonus points or something in your target?
Speaker 3: Go to your my target, it's right there at the top.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my circle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I save.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, I've saved forty dollars. I've saved seventeen dollars.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not a shopping a Hauliy.
Speaker 6: It's like free money.
Speaker 2: You know what. It's not like free money. You're spending together.
Speaker 3: As things that you're like you're buying anyway.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Also the person who if it's like spending twenty more dollars and get free shipping, spending twenty more dollars.
Speaker 3: So I'm weird about shipping. If I have to pay for shipping, I'm I'm not doing it. But sometimes if you do the math, you buy something else and your total comes out to even cheaper. Yeah, and you're getting something extra, So I play with it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Stephanie.
Speaker 1: Uh, we've got Andy the uh you know, the Andy misfit.
Speaker 2: Andy?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Andy, I've missed you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Andy, Andy the telemarketers on the phone with us right now.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Andy. Hey, how are you guys? I got you, Andy? What's going on?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 6: I want to I want to give the you know, honor medal of honor to Shannon and call this as a thrifty Shannon topic.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love the way you say thrifty. Will you say that one more time?
Speaker 7: Thrifty Shannon?
Speaker 3: Thank you Andy? Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: And any you need any advice on how to do this because Shannon's it seems like she's an expert. I'm a trip to Arizona's huge.
Speaker 7: Absolutely.
Speaker 8: Have you guys heard about the history behind cooponmom dot com?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: This dot com?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Thank you. My sister is the real deal when it comes to this stuff. She tops me beyond. But I've learned a few things from here.
Speaker 1: I have friends of mine like Steve Gabara puts everything on credit cards.
Speaker 3: That's my sister and brother in law.
Speaker 2: He is everything at his core.
Speaker 3: They're going on a ten year anniversary trip in a couple of weeks to Paris, not paying a dime, not paying they're paying zero dollars. Yes, they're so good about that stuff.
Speaker 1: If you're going to pay it off, which that's the thing you got to make sure you do and you get the points. Hold on, I didn't even realize this, but Sarah is with us right now in her favorite place to get points and use and redeem them.
Speaker 2: Sarah, where is it the Spencer?
Speaker 3: Do you have a rewards program?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like they'll give you a for you.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't buy flower, but they'll give you like a free.
Speaker 2: Ounce, do they really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's not like they'll give you cash money off of something or whatever like that.
Speaker 2: Oh they do, Oh they do.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's ones, certain ones they'll give you like freebies.
Speaker 3: So is there a punch card for you?
Speaker 8: There is?
Speaker 5: You have punch cards?
Speaker 4: Yes, I have a punch card.
Speaker 2: So funny punch.
Speaker 6: Have different apps and stuff.
Speaker 8: And remember we do rewards and can do happy hours.
Speaker 4: Oh really if you go before like twelve pm.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when Mom used to have on her key chain like all those little plastic and then we'd be like, can you imagine you know everything speedy rewards and then all of a sudden, the dispensaries on.
Speaker 2: There forson awarding alexis what's up?
Speaker 5: Hey? First time, long time, Hey food. So my husband and I we've been graduating from high school for ten years now, but he's we've been saving up speedy points since then, and he's at just about a half a million points.
Speaker 2: Oh why are you saving him?
Speaker 5: I don't know, He's just a point hoarder. Again, I'm not really sure, Like we could have hundreds of dollars in gift cards, but he just wants to save them all.
Speaker 1: It's funny that you save him, and you do this because of a friend of mine had been saving up his McDonald's points and didn't realize that the McDonald's points expire. So there's I didn't realize that there was expiration on some of these points, but he got kind of, you know, screwed by that because he had hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is the second McDonald's mention of the show, which I think means or something.
Speaker 1: A million speed these points is the cash equivalent of roughly one thousand dollars. Wow, that's a lot of free gas. Randy, where do you do your points?
Speaker 7: Oh? Hi, good morning, I have Yeah, I have this Dickporting Goods app Okay, So then if you connect your fitness whatever fitness tracker and they're like a garment or or an Apple Watch. And then if you get like like say three miles a day or thirty minutes of being active in a day, you get three points.
Speaker 4: At every three hundred points.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's easy. It's easy. Anyway. If you get three hundred points, you get ten dollars from from Dixporting Goods.
Speaker 2: That's unreal. Yeah, I didn't get it.
Speaker 7: I've been sucking a lot of ten dollars from Dickporting Goods. I, by the way, buy a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: It takes and I get the points from that. So I always put it on my phone number. So let me give you my phone number, Randy, Hold on a second here, Jamie, you're into this?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 2: You like saving some money?
Speaker 5: I love me anyway to save coupon's colds anything.
Speaker 8: My boyfriend is so against it.
Speaker 5: He tells me that I'm crazy that who needs to save a little bit of money?
Speaker 2: It's okay? Wait is he rich? What does he do?
Speaker 5: He is a production manager?
Speaker 1: Man, get his credit card for me and buy me a few things. I need some I need some things on Petermallar dot com.
Speaker 4: Did y'all ever watch Extreme Coupons?
Speaker 2: Oh that was a great show.
Speaker 3: Like my favorite so I did not. But we have a listener named Amanda, and I know she's listening right now for sure. And she when I had both Lucy and Smith, she is an extreme coupon her and she gave me, I'm talking a truckload of diapers and wipes where I didn't buy anything for the kids until they were probably like six months old. I don't know, because she went so nuts with that.
Speaker 4: Sometimes the grocery store would owe them money.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on a second, Mike pulls out.
Speaker 2: Is this right, Mike?
Speaker 1: A spreadsheet to do exactly what Shannon did to get that free vacation.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yeah, my wife wants to ask me if all my cash back stuff was worth it. And I started tracking it about four or five years ago. I used to average over one thousand dollars a year between the credit cards and awards desks. But yeah, I got a whole spreadsheet. I can break it down.
Speaker 2: Man, what do you do that. You're a spreadsheet kind of guy.
Speaker 9: I'm an engineer, and all the engineers I know got spreadsheet.
Speaker 2: That is so funny.
Speaker 9: One thing you guys haven't thought about, you know, with a lot of these awards ASTs, you also get three beees on your birthday, so you're getting the points usual, I get like free sub sandwiches, free breakfast sandwiches. I'm all over it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that no, that's I'd use all my birthdays. Uh, Nicole, what did you pay for with points?
Speaker 8: We are going to pay for almost our entire honeymoon with credit card plants. We're going on a cruise out of La to Mexico, so we're paying for the crew, flights, hotels, everything that.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. And when are you getting married? Nicole?
Speaker 8: We're getting married in April. But our family doesn't know we're eloping, so.
Speaker 2: Okay, hopefully they don't listen to the show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hopefully, I love it.
Speaker 2: Are you going?
Speaker 1: You know, since you're going out of California, will you be going to Portavarta or Cabo or where you going?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're going to Cabo port and Maslan.
Speaker 1: I think it's how you feel, Mazza talan real quick when you go to Portavarda. My brother owns a restaurant there called Barcelona. And go see him and say hello to Bill and tell Bill that you're a listener, and I guarantee you he'll do something for you.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 8: Awesome, thank you.
Speaker 1: He'll give you some extra points on it too. I don't know, I don't know. Oh no, but they know. They do like the tapas and things like that. It's like a tapa place. But Bill will bring out you know, what the hell is, what is the wine that has a bunch of fruit in it and stuff like that. We'll get some sangria and some piea and stuff like that for you.
Speaker 8: So