Speaker 1: It's Marcus in the morning, and we're back with its second date update. You know how this works. You go on a first date. If you get ghosted, just call me and we will call your date together. Steven is on the phone. Good morning, Steven, Good morning.
Speaker 2: How you doing. I'm doing well. How long you have been listening to the show? Steven? I'm curious? Oh yours? Okay? So you know how this works. You know what's up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Tell me Aboutanelle. So, you guys, I love Lafayette. It's a great place for our first date. That whole that whole town is a first date. So I understand she's disappeared. However, run me through the date.
Speaker 2: How did it go?
Speaker 3: I thought it was actually pretty great.
Speaker 4: We had a really fun time and I took her out, like I said, Adam was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just walking.
Speaker 3: Around, you know.
Speaker 4: We had some dinner and the whole time we're like, it felt really nice, like the small hand tan touching accidentally and all that stuff was it was great and it felt easy the whole time, which was really fantastic.
Speaker 3: I don't have that that often, you know.
Speaker 4: So we lingered over coffee and we're just walking around and everything and when I left, I was like, oh, I'm definitely gonna see her again.
Speaker 3: And I sent her a text.
Speaker 2: I called, and I'm running over my head like what did I do? I say anything stupid?
Speaker 3: Do anything stupid?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: I don't think I did.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let's see what happened. Go ahead and meet your phone. Let's give her a shout.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hello, Hi, is this Danielle.
Speaker 5: This is Danielle.
Speaker 2: Danielle. It's Marcus calling from a star one O one three?
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: How are you well?
Speaker 5: Hello? I'm pretty good.
Speaker 2: How are you do you do you listen to the show?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 2: Yes, I love it. Okay, what did I do?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, you're I don't know yet. We're doing second date update and you're the Hi.
Speaker 5: Wow, what a world? How exciting?
Speaker 2: Can you go sit on a date recently? We'll lead there.
Speaker 5: Look, I guess you could call it that. Okay, Oh sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm hoping it's Stephen with Stephen.
Speaker 5: Is he listening? I see with.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes he is. May I all right, Steven.
Speaker 5: Yep, here we are.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hi, this is the problem with you stay for like a decade. Everybody's in on it now, So Danielle, we can be adults, right, so you do yeah, or did something like ghosting?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess, So did something go wrong?
Speaker 5: Stephen wants to know at this point, Yeah, what happened? I did have a good time. Things were going well. I feel like we were vibing okay. But then Stephen's phone rang. I remember this very specifically, and he looked at the collar idea and he smiled and answered. And it was very casual and it wasn't an emergency call and nobody was sick or in a tough situation. It was just his ex girlfriend's mom. And they talked for like a solid five minutes, so not forever, but significant, right, five minutes is longer, you know, that's a whole conversation. He asked about her knee surgery and her garden flower or something like that, and her dog, and then before they finished the phone call, he promised that he was going to stop by to help her set up a new Wi Fi router. So I was just there sipping my drink, being like, what is happening right now? So my own first date was someone speaking to their ex girlfriend. Like I didn't understand. I was like who. Anyway, he got off the phone and he just shrugged and said, oh, yeah, we're really close. She's basically like family. So I asked, does your actually know you guys still talk and Stephen said, of course. He said he doesn't talk to his ex anymore, but the mom and him stayed really close friends and they still do like business cards. And he said that she sends her cookies every year, which is very sweet, even though it's I will say, it's just a little bit off putting. He even said that they text so often that sometimes she has made extra leftovers, like sheil She'll say, oh, no, I made too much lasagna. Do you want some leftovers?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: So I could it was just kind of over.
Speaker 2: The top, Steven. They're ridiculous, Steven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm going to gloss over the fact that you still talk to your ex's mom.
Speaker 2: That's okay, I guess.
Speaker 1: However, how come you couldn't just tell her you were on a first date and then call her back later, because this is low key rude.
Speaker 4: It is, and I understand that, but if I told Cheryl and I was on a gate, she would have started asking a hundred questions.
Speaker 2: Gime me on the phone an longer.
Speaker 4: She's she's a big talk, and it was actually just faster to let me just do the five minute thing, as opposed.
Speaker 1: To you.
Speaker 5: Could have thought of any reason to get off the phone. That's insane to just say, no, I'm just gonna let my ex's mom dmbinate the moment of my first date.
Speaker 1: Ty, your timing is sus my man like, Yes, you have to like situational awareness, other big psychology.
Speaker 5: You need to have some kind of strategy or some kind of exit plan. Like that's a little that's very intense. Do you see how that's intense for me?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's too weird, though. I mean I dated her daughter for like six years.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, And you don't.
Speaker 4: You don't necessarily like just erase people from your life that you associate with.
Speaker 5: I understand that. No, that makes sense. I'm not asking you to delete this person from your life, but to bring that up on a first date that you're still so close with your previous relationships mother is pretty intense. It is kind of a lot, and it doesn't really set a good foundation for being with a new person. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it does, but.
Speaker 4: I'm not It's only I'm choosing her over a future partner or anything like that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just I'm just being.
Speaker 5: Kind, Okay, but there's you aren't being kind to me, and it just makes me feel like you have a close, no our relationship. If you and I were to continue forward and something went wrong, that you would then call Carol or whatever her name is.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 5: Can you see how this is very strange for me?
Speaker 2: It's weird for me. I wasn't even there, Okay, I understand what.
Speaker 3: I'm just being a nice person.
Speaker 2: I don't see how this is about that, right, So second date or not?
Speaker 5: I have to say I'm pretty hesitant about that.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm calling and hang on a sec. Wow, okay, Second date update