Speaker 1: All right, that's another Christmas wish. Granted, we are doing these all the way up until December twenty third, so like Dave said, we are definitely looking for some donations because we got a few weeks ahead of us of Christmas wishes and we couldn't do it without your help and the help from our sponsors. So if you're able to katiewb dot com slash wish and hit that red donate button, all right, coming up next, svant is.
Speaker 2: Gonna stir the pot.
Speaker 3: As I do never know what.
Speaker 2: He's gonna say until we get to it, so stay here.
Speaker 1: We don't do politics, but we will do another round of tips and salsa.
Speaker 3: But Dave Ryan Show, I'm katiewb.
Speaker 1: And we also do something called Bobsters the pot. So let's get right into it. What do you got for us today, Vint?
Speaker 3: We need to put a salary cap in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like it should be possible that God bless Tom Cruise. And I'm sure he works for everything that he has twenty million dollars, Jenny, twenty million dollars.
Speaker 2: Make that off of one movie or that's what he's worth.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I just I think, I'm sure he's worth more than that, But I just don't think one person should be able to get that much money, not only because I'm a big advocate of, you know, the little people down here, because I am one, because I got a degree in radio, TV.
Speaker 3: Film, but struggling people.
Speaker 4: There are people that try to be PA's PA's production assistant, or which means the coffee runner honestly, or somebody that goes to like sweep before everybody comes on set.
Speaker 3: Those people are trying to move up in the industry.
Speaker 4: They're trying to make some money and make ends me and they can't because all the money goes to the higher the people that are higher up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I would argue that that is pretty much how most industries work.
Speaker 2: But yeah, just but I get it.
Speaker 1: It is extreme obviously for actors in that kind of an industry. Obviously it's much more extreme. Those people are making so much money and then all the little people are barely Probably they probably have like twenty roommates living in la you know, and still have to share a room or something like that.
Speaker 2: So I get it that there is such.
Speaker 1: A salary gap between those people and then the Tom Cruises of the world.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what.
Speaker 1: The solution is though, because if you don't have the Tom Cruise as making the money that they make, then you wouldn't have those films, and then those little people wouldn't even have jobs.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, but the solution is, let's just say, all right, this is the this is the limit of how much you can get paid. We are not giving you any more than this amount of money. If we do that, that eventually actors are gonna have no choice but to start taking roles for X amount of money.
Speaker 1: That's true, but I feel like they would just push back on it until like the industry caves and it is like, Okay, you're right, that didn't work.
Speaker 2: But I get where you're saying.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 4: So Tom Cruise earned forty five million for Mission Impossible, Dead Reckoning Part one. Forty five million dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is way more money than I would have anticipated he earned. But actually maybe not, because that was a huge movie. That was one of the biggest movies of what last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not saying that they don't deserve the amount of money Like The Rock last year.
Speaker 3: He earned guess how much money he made.
Speaker 1: He does so many different things, so I don't know, like fifty million.
Speaker 3: Eighty eight million, Jenny, not one person.
Speaker 4: It says the highest raighted actor was earning a net of eighty eight million went to Dwayne Johnson because of a couple of different movies he didn't want to and red one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it is a very valid statement.
Speaker 2: Font.
Speaker 1: I don't think you are starting the pot to an extent. If you know Tom Cruise is listening right now, you might be a little upset with your opinion.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he is listening right now.
Speaker 2: Tom, call right now, prove it, tell us what you think.
Speaker 3: And donate to Christmas wish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: See, there's some people, like there's little people down here like me that want to help do more things or just want to make some more money just in life. I'm not even saying I get underpaid, but I'm saying that there are some people that could.
Speaker 3: Just use more money.
Speaker 4: But the fact that we're out here given eighty eight million to some people for a movie is just nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, unfortunately, that's just how the world works.
Speaker 3: Though, do you feel this way with how does this work?
Speaker 4: I guess the hierarchy of people that get paid a lot in the service industry, Oh, how does that work?
Speaker 2: That is so different? And I don't think you can really compare that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could probably compare the CEOs of chain restaurants or something to something else, but I mean make money based off of tips, and honestly, managers of restaurants sometimes servers.
Speaker 2: Make more money than managers.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, because managers will have a set salary and servers have opportunity to make like a ton of money based on what kind of tips they get. So that might be an industry hard to compare to what you're talking about, but I mean we definitely see it in our industry.
Speaker 2: We're in entertainment.
Speaker 1: We definitely see like the Seacrests and the Bobby Bones of the world.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not saying you don't deserve getting paid a lot or getting paid more than some people. I just think there should be a cap. We should not be paying almost one hundred million dollars to one person. That's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, there you go, monstters the pot today. If you disagree, you can always text us in five three nine to one in Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: If you're listening right now, you.
Speaker 4: Can give us a call. Tom hit my DMS at vant Leak. We're gonna talk one on one play.
Speaker 2: Off here you all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up, we're going to dive into Dave's Dirty Dolly Parton has some advice, and honestly, this is from an old clip of her, but it's about men who are going bald. And we'll tell you what that advice is coming up.
Speaker 3: Next on Katie w B.
Speaker 1: All right, So, Dolly Parton was asked a while ago. This is an older clip, but I think it can still stand today about some advice for men who are going bald.
Speaker 3: I know that you have a lot of experience wearing wigs. Yeah, and I wonder should I use roguain, should I get a wig? Or should I stay the way I am? I think you should stay the way you are because just because you've lost your fuzz don't mean you're not a page.
Speaker 4: That's how you know Dolly Parton's a og. Just because you lost your fuzz don't mean you can't still be your piece. That is such an old school line.
Speaker 2: I know, I love her everything about her. I love her.
Speaker 3: That's super, super funny. We are getting the Taylor swith Eras tour.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be in six parts, dropping on Disney Plus and on December twelfth, it's when the first three episodes to drop.
Speaker 3: Here is another trailer for it.
Speaker 1: It was the end of.
Speaker 4: So we've had so long to prepare for the end of this tour and we get to play one last show for you here tonight day.
Speaker 3: So I want to thank every single one of.
Speaker 1: You for being a part of the most thrilling chapter of my entire.
Speaker 3: Life to date.
Speaker 4: I also heard that Taylor Swift is is going to be donating for Christmas wish.
Speaker 3: Did you hear about that, Jenny.
Speaker 2: I did, Yeah, lots of money, lots of money.
Speaker 3: But Taylor Swift can do it. You can, I mean exactly.
Speaker 1: Now, obviously you probably can't donate as much as tays Swift might be able. We will take any amount that you're able to do. Making the Stallions been in this crazy battle with a blogger and rapper who defamed her name recently in a federal.
Speaker 2: Jury of five men and women agreed with Meghan the Stallion recently.
Speaker 1: So this woman, Malagro Grams, has to pay Megan fifty nine thousand dollars because Megan alleged that Malagro acted as a puppet in mouthpiece for Tory Lanez and he's currently serving ten years in prison prison for shooting Meghan in the summer of twenty twenty. Malagro spread false claims about the incident and harass Megan the stallion, and she lost business opportunities because she suffered from PTSD and sought intensive therapy. So, I mean, I don't think that Meghan's too concerned about the fifty nine thousand dollars. I think she just wanted justice for the fact that she was going through a really crappy time.
Speaker 2: I mean, the guy she dated shot her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm surprised that he's still in jail, not because I think he should get out. But the good guys are the bad guys win sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, it's not necessarily that.
Speaker 1: It's the fact that they can hire very expensive.
Speaker 2: Lawyers, yep.
Speaker 1: And then those lawyers can find some loopholes to help them not have to serve the time that they should be serving.
Speaker 4: And then you see lawyers like Ditty's lawyer. My favorite story was a couple of months ago when Ditty's lawyer, the justification for all the baby bottle the baby oil bottles was there was a sale at Costco.
Speaker 3: That is a real story that we actually read. I didn't just make a joke.
Speaker 4: But fifty cent is dropping a documentary about Diddy and it starts streaming today. We have a little clip of it if you want to go watch. It's a limited series that starts today as well.
Speaker 3: Seven.
Speaker 4: We have to find somebody that'll work with us that has dealt in the dirtiest of dirty business.
Speaker 3: We're losing Puffy Puff, Daddy, Diddy, show Coals.
Speaker 2: All of these read incarnations, all of those name changes are attached to really bad deeds.
Speaker 4: Everything in life, you're gonna have people that are bad and people that are good.
Speaker 3: You have to choose your side. So that's our streaming. Also, I'm gonna put on your radar.
Speaker 4: I talked about it last hour the show all her faults on Peacocks so good, and two people texted in and somebody said, it gets so much better because I'm only on episode two. Somebody else said, absolutely incredible show top quite possibly top five of all time.
Speaker 2: A couple questions how long are the episodes.
Speaker 3: An hour ish.
Speaker 2: Okay, how many episodes are.
Speaker 3: There, let's see, I think eight. It's on Peacock right now.
Speaker 1: I just like it's so turned off sometimes when episodes are an hour, Like, if you show me thirty minutes, I'm like, I'm in I can do this.
Speaker 4: Well, then don't watch Stranger Things. Each of those episodes is at least an hour.
Speaker 2: I don't do Stranger Things. They're scary.
Speaker 4: Eight episodes of all Her Fault and I don't know how long they are, but I know there at least an between forty six and fifty six minutes, so about an.
Speaker 2: Hour, okay, And you're only a couple episodes.
Speaker 4: In, only three episodes in run. But I've heard nothing but good reviews from Fallon and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well that'll do it for Dave's dirt. Dave had to go run off today to swallow a camera for his stummy.
Speaker 3: You should just left it there, just swollow a camera anyway.
Speaker 1: He's been having some stomach problems. So, and this is nothing new. You've heard Dave complain about this for years and they've never found a solution. So hopefully this time they will. So he'll be back tomorrow and so will Billy. She's been off gallivanting around Disney. They went to Graceland her and Mama Ronda, so the whole crew is back in action. Tomorrow will be granting more Christmas Wishes tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: We'll have a new one at seven.
Speaker 1: But just one last reminder, because Dave brought this up earlier on the show, we are a little bit behind on Christmas Wish donations and so if you're able to donate, go to katiewb dot com slash wish and you hit that big red button and whatever amount you're able to donate. If you've been moved by Christmas Wish, just think about the fact that radio it's free.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't have to pay.
Speaker 1: To listen to us. You don't have to pay to listen to Christmas Wish. But maybe you will be moved enough to help out with our Christmas Wishes so we can grant as many as possible this holiday season. So Katie, katiewb dot com, slash wish, and we'll see you tomorrow.