Speaker 1: What's next for Nicholas Maduro and his wife. This is the nine o'clock report on Sandy Collins breaking. Now.
Speaker 2: It's been just barely twenty four hours after the US military action in Venezuela captured Venezuelan president Nicholas Maduro and his wife. They're now in a federal jail in Manhattan this morning. They're facing drug and conspiracy charges. President Trump now saying that the US will run Venezuela until there is a transition of power. Trump also says that he has not ruled out putting boots on the ground. ABC New Senior White House correspondent Selena Wang and the President.
Speaker 3: Are you saying that Secretary heg Seth and Rubio are going to be running Venezuela? And will you be sending a US military truths to provide.
Speaker 4: That's working with the people of Venezuela to make sure that we have Venezuela right, because for us to just leave, who's going to take over?
Speaker 5: I mean, there is nobody to take over.
Speaker 2: Venezuela's vice president is demanding the immediate release of Maduro and his wife, saying that Venezuela has a duty to safeguard its sovereignty. It's been attacked. Now, Traffic and weathered together on this Sunday morning. Traffic looks good right now, no unusual delays, no weather related problems, and no accidents reported on the Tri State highways.
Speaker 6: Now the latest forecast from the Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Weather Center Jake Sweeney Chevrolet.
Speaker 5: Better for less if.
Speaker 7: We do end up getting a decent amount of sunshine today and tempters will warm all the way up to the mid to upper thirties, upper forties for your Monday's high. Tuesday, we're back in the fifties from a severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: The Bengals game day forecast today built by American Hometech. A strong defense starts with a solid roof americanhome Tech dot com. I got a full moon right now, cold weather twenty one degrees with clear skies across the Tri State.
Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati Police are investigating an overnight shooting near Government Square. This happens Saturday morning about two. They found a victim on East fifth Street with a gunshot wounded the back. The crime scene was located just steps away from the Potter Stewart US Courthouse and just a block from Fountain Square.
Speaker 1: Had victim taken to the hospital. The condition has not been released.
Speaker 2: Investigators have not identified a suspect or motive at this time. An accidental shooting in Claremont County sending a child to the hospital or the juvenile was hit in the head when a gun apparently discharged unintentionally at Kids at Cincinnati Children's and was conscious in breathing during the whole ordeal. The investigation is going to determine if any charges will be filed. Both parents were at home at the time of that shooting.
Speaker 1: A man hunt is.
Speaker 2: Underway after a suspect fled the scene of a SWAT's standoff in the villages at Royal Hill. Since I Police responded to the reports of shots fired on President Drive Saturday afternoon. A shooter barricaded himself inside a home for over an hour while officers deployed multiple flashbanks to force a surrender. However, the suspect ultimately managed to escape the perimeter. Police are now interviewing a resident on the street for clues about the man's whereabouts. No injuries were reported in the standoff and Bengal's update for the game this afternoon with the Browns, their coach Kevin Stefanski could be coaching his very final game as a Cleveland Brown's head coach as they face the Bengals at Paycourt. For ports are that his job status depends on the team's performance in this season finale.
Speaker 1: The Browns enter the game last.
Speaker 2: In the AFC North with one of the league's worst offenses. Cincinnati's already beaten Cleveland once this season. I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at nine thirty on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Make the holiday season Mary with Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco. Explore their domestic and international wines, the tri State's largest bourbon selection, holiday gift packs, bottling, graving, and gift cards all in one stop. Visit one of thirteen North Kentucky Good Spirits locations or party town in Florence Today.
Speaker 9: Hi, this is Trevor Jones with Robert Jones Plumbing, the world's friendliest plumbers, family owned and operated for forty years. Give us a call for all your plumbing needs, whether drainer pairs, water leagues, or sewery pair. That's Robert Jones Plumbing five one three three five three two two three zero.
Speaker 10: There are over three hundred and fifty BMW centers nationwide. There is all on one BMW store. Visit the BMW Store, conveniently located ten minutes north of downtown Cincinnati off I seventy one at Stuart Road. It's football season and Little Miami Brewing at Old Milford is the place to be. Catch every play on big screens, crush some craft brewis, and dive into kilder pieces and sandwiches. Game days starts.
Speaker 11: Here, digging deeper to make ends meet. When you have a climate Master geo thermal heat pump system installed, it's like having a free power plant in your front yard. That's because Climate Master geo thermal systems tap the constant temperature of the Earth to provide heating, cooling, and hot water while keeping your home comfortable all year long. Called Jeff the Energy Expert with gearing, heating and electric at eight one two nine three four six zero eight eight. If you would like to help the environment and help yourself reduce your energy bill, rely on Gearing and Climate Master eight one two nine three four six zero eight eight.
Speaker 12: Smoke justice is just a block and a bridge from the stadium. In Covington, video Walls bring your bab You've retained the life on gay Days. Smoke meats and the largest selection of bourbons. Make Smoke Justice your football headquarters. Trust us your senses well, Thank you. Smoke Justice at Ropelink Point in Covington.
Speaker 5: Need a new roof, choose a roofer.
Speaker 13: You can count on Cloudsroofing Systems of Cincinnati roof replacement, repair and skylight installation. Call today for a free estimate five one three, five eight, three six three eight nine. Clouds Roofing Systems of Cincinnati. Put a Klaus on your house.
Speaker 14: Straight Talk presents the math of more. Here's how it works. When you say yes to more with straight Talk, you're left with more for all the other good stuff. So getting an unlimited plan starting at just twenty five dollars a month equals more savings for your family's weekend adventures. And with a network covered by Verizon, you can share more from wherever you go.
Speaker 1: It's simple math.
Speaker 14: Really, more equals more with straight Talk available at straight talk dot Com and Walmart.
Speaker 1: Taxes and fees apply.
Speaker 14: The twenty five dollars plan requires compatible unlocked device in a new line of service.
Speaker 1: Additional terms apply.
Speaker 15: From the ballpark to the back roads. Hudson Oil Fuels the part of our tri state farms, contractors, truckers and generators. You run the game and we bring the power. Hustle grit fuel. That's Hudson Oil Cincinnati Strong, just like our hometown team, Hudsonfueloil dot com.
Speaker 16: Got an unused car, don't let it set. Donate it to DAV Disabled American veterans. You'll support free services that empower over one million veterans every year. It's quick, free and impactful. Go to DAV dot org. Fort slash cars and support those who served our Nasia.
Speaker 17: This is R and L Carriers. Pregame Sports Talk Live from the Holy Grail at the Banks, presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. Pregame Sports Talk is brought to you by Skyline Chile. Feeling good. It's Skyline Time adorned window company. They sell the best at service the rest Encore Technologies. Visit OnCore dot Tech, Postman Law Injured Call eight four to four, Postman Others, post Fund Delivers. You're Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. For all the latest offers, go to Toyota dot com.
Speaker 10: And by R and L Carriers.
Speaker 17: Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, and now pregame sports talk.
Speaker 10: Well, here we are as the season comes to a close in just a matter of hours. Live from the Holy Grail with Moeger and Tony Pike. I'm ken Brew and what began with great hope ends with great anticipation as to what may happen in the off season. But in between then and now stand the Cleveland Browns, the dreaded Cleveland Browns, or so in Cleveland probably than here. But nevertheless, the Cleveland Browns are in town today to take on the Bengals as the season ends in Tony. I know, if there was an air of depression that hovered over anyone driving downtown today, it was hovering over you knowing what might have been and accept what has been.
Speaker 18: Yeah, multiple years now, I'm wondering what might have been if the Bengals could be playing meaningful football at the start of January.
Speaker 10: It's another year.
Speaker 18: As you mentioned, what if you know, what if the defense didn't play at the level of the worst defense in the National Football League history for much of.
Speaker 10: The first half of the year.
Speaker 18: What if the offense was able to stay together, What if the core group was able to play more with Joe Burrow, jamar Chas and t Higgins. But really, the thought today is not doing enough. You know that this team did not do enough in between last year and this year, and that's why we're up here again today talking about our final show as the regular season comes to an end for the Bengals.
Speaker 10: Hovering is that the word?
Speaker 8: Okay, it's always been hovering for me. But that's okay, We'll we'll work that out, Joe, We'll work that out. Some people say hoovering, hoovering, jj hoovering it. It is a disappointment of epic proportions that in what are supposed to be the prime years of Joe Burrow, it's three straight years of not making the postseason. You know, three years ago it was well, Joe got hurt, valiant effort at the end, Jake Browning, they finished with more wins and losses. Okay, last year to me one of the biggest organizational failures in all of Cincinnati sports. To have an MVP caliber season from Joe and he don't even make the postseason. And then this year similar vibe, where yes, Joe got hurt, but so many games that you look back and go, boy, if that would have gone different, So many games he looked back and go, boy, if they would have made one play, perhaps the outcome would be different. And maybe at the very least we're talking about a game today that matters. Instead they're merely playing out the string.
Speaker 10: Well, you could thank the Jets, and you can thank the Bears, and he could thank a defense that was wildly overrated coming into this season, But that doesn't determine the fact that there have been bright spots. And I don't want to dwell on that because we know the overarching theme is what you just said, Mo, It's just been a wasted effort. Everybody says, well, the windows open as long as Joe Burrow is the quarterback. Well, we know that narrative really isn't true. But we celebrated the bright spots last year. As Moe just mentioned, it was Joe Burrow nearly having a MVP year, as Jamar Chase won the triple Crown, Trey Hendrickson led the NFL in Sacks. There were plenty of bright spots to celebrate, but those bright spots I think allowed some of the organization to say, Okay, we're closer than what a lot of people think. We don't need to make anything drastic happen in the offseason. That can't happen anymore. Like if there's anything that comes from this year, and again, we've talked about the psychoanalysis of Joe Burrow a lot this year. You could talk about Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase earlier this week and what they were saying about. Obviously, changes have to be made and dig into that with what you will, but this, if anything, this year has to be the jumping off point at something's got to change, because if you just again it, I think the biggest.
Speaker 18: Fear of people playing out the string is that they win a couple of games down the stretch and then you start to convince yourself that maybe you're not as far off as you think. This team's far off. This team has a ton that they need to do in the offseason. And yes, the last couple of weeks have been nice because Miles Murphy's played good football, and you've got to see more of DJ Turner, and you get to see more of these pieces, and Chase Brown has stood out, but this cannot overshadow what the bigger problem this year has been, and that is a.
Speaker 10: Roster that is nowhere close.
Speaker 18: If you watch any football yesterday or any football in the last week or so, the Seattle Seahawks are playing a different brand of football than the Bengals are right now. You watch much of the year the San Francisco forty nine ers, that's a different brand of offense than what the Bengals play with. And those teams have also gone through injuries this year. Those guys, they also have major players that are out. So this has to be the jumping off point of major, major overhaul after today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you know, you're right. There have been some bright spots here toward the end of the season. You mentioned a couple, you know, Miles Murphy's played really well and DJ turn has had a Pro Bowl caliber season, and there have been tiny improvements offensively, and they have a pretty good offensive line. But they ignored the obvious last year, right the last year their defense was so bad that Joe Burrow was arguably the best quarterback in the sport had a season that was deserving of an MVP award and they didn't make the postseason. And what a Duke and company do nothing? So maybe they don't do nothing this offseason. Maybe they get to work fix this defense, make it better, put the team in a better position to legitimately compete for a championship.
Speaker 10: But if you've ignored the.
Speaker 8: Obvious once, why should I assume you're not going to do it again?
Speaker 10: And that's the fear.
Speaker 8: Like you watched this team over the last couple of weeks, I think so many fans wanted to wrap their arms around good performances, but you can't because in this franchise's history, both recent and going back decades, there is a track record of late season success impairing judgment once the offseason gets here. And if you don't believe me, go back and look at the eight months that preceded this disaster of a season.
Speaker 10: It's Duke and company in charge, because here's the question. The most famous quote about the Bengals to come out of the combine was I don't want to pay more money this year for the same team I had last year. And what did they do? They paid more money for the same team they had last year. So there's question one. Question two. Do we anticipate that the Bengals are going to go out and become wildly spending free agency? No, they're not. Are we to expect that the people that have evaluated draft talent in years past are suddenly going to have a light go on and say, oh my, yes, it's all working for us now? And thirdly, are we to expect that your head coach and your alleged general manager are going to be gone after the end of this game? And the answer is no. It's about changing the way you go about doing the business, and I just don't sense they're going to do that very fair.
Speaker 8: I don't think they have to spend wildly in free agency. I think they have to spend smartly. They need starting caliber players. Now, are they gonna be able to, you know, do what they did in twenty twenty, which was just overpay. Look, they were accused of overpaying for DJ Reader, but they had to and they had the resources too, and some even said they overpaid for Trey Hendrickson. That worked out, but they had to. They don't need to spend wildly, they just need to spend efficiently. Yep, and I think there's a way to do that. You know, I roll my eyes whenever I hear anybody say, boy, they just need a league average defense, But there is some truth to that. Now you need a better than league average defense in the fourth quarter. To me, the litmus test is this, and I think Tony, you and I talked about this. The litmus test is what do they do at linebacker? Because if it's you know, we ran Barrett Carter and Demetrious Night out there, players we drafted and we think they're gonna benefit from experience, who miss me with that? If it's you know what, those guys could be a part of the team. But in this lineback emphasized defense with Al Golden. We need dudes who can cover, We need dudes who can tackle. We need guys who aren't the two lowest rated players at their position according to Pro Football Focus. We have to get starting caliber players at that position. I fully believe they'll address safety. There's no chance in hell Ginostone is going to be here next year. Golden's liked what he's seen from I fully believe they'll address the defensive line. They'll find a three technique, maybe an edge Rusher. What I want to know is did they look at those two rookie linebackers this year and go, you know what, run it back within this year. If the answer is no, then that to me is a proactive officer. That's That's what the answer is. Yes, it's same old Bengals, and then you expect the same results.
Speaker 10: Here's what they did in free agency last year. Huh TJ Slayton orn Burks, Lucas Patrick. Finally they got in Dalton Reisner. They got somebody that could quit himself well at the position. I mean, there's that was almost out of this necessity and dose of injuries.
Speaker 8: And there is another litmus test.
Speaker 10: Give me point. My point being, you don't have to go out and grab a guy at twelve oh one am on the day free agency starts, or four o'clock in the afternoon, whatever it may be. You have to do due diligence. And the guys they brought in are just not difference maker. Who was the last difference maker they brought in in free agency was whore Hendricks Hendrickson, Okay, how many years ago is that? Five?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Okay, case closed.
Speaker 18: I think that the biggest part about it is is there was probably a window in this organization the past couple of years where you thought, Okay, we can draft and develop some talent. They failed in those areas and they've not developed the talent. So your your view and your approach to an offseason has to be completely different. Maybe at the draft, instead of talking about numbers, well, look at the testing numbers of this player, Maybe talk about what the player actually did in college. Maybe talk about the impact. How many tackles as this player had, how many mistackles. Okay, maybe he's a half step slow, but guess what, there's a guy that's gonna be a first Battle Hall of Famer in Louke Keigley. That was probably a half step slow, but just he knew the game, but he produced at every level. So this whole thought of oh John Ross, what how fast he is? Samar Stewart, look at these testing numbers. They sell that and then say we'll just develop these guys. You're now at the point of Joe Burrow's career, or you can't risk developing guys anymore. You've got to get day one players on the field, whether that's proven guys in free agency or whether that's the most NFL ready guys in the draft, not who you think you could turn into an NFL guy, but the guy that's gonna come in day one and you can plug him in and he's gonna be a difference maker.
Speaker 8: This is not a developmental league anymore. It's not it's a cheap labor league. It's about stars, and the Bengals have stars, and you pay them, and then it's about getting immediate dividends from cheap labor to developmental players. Are Andre Yoshavas That sounds like a knock on Andre Andre was a very good sixth round pick, But he's a supplemental Guy's a complimentary player.
Speaker 10: You need dudes who in year one.
Speaker 8: And Duke Tobin said this, this is what was so frustrating about this year's draft. Duke Tobin back at the combine said, we need guys and are going to get guys who can help now.
Speaker 10: And then you take.
Speaker 8: Jamar Stewart, who looked like a project and you know, his rookie season a wash for some reasons beyond his control.
Speaker 10: I don't like.
Speaker 8: You can look at the three at the twenty twenty three draft class and conclude, boy, there's a lot of guys that you want to be on the.
Speaker 10: Team in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 8: You can't have though three years go by before you feel.
Speaker 10: Good about a class, right.
Speaker 8: You need to look back at the end of every season ago we had two or three players that stepped in and made an immediate impact, and that hasn't happened here in a very long time.
Speaker 10: Twenty twenty Burrow, Higgins, Logan Wilson pretty good. Top of the draft. Yeah. After that, the Keem Davis Gaither, well, he's still in the leg, Khalil Kareem Khalik whatever his name is. Haquina Dentergy, Aiquina Dentagy, My god, Marcus Bailey game sixty games. But I mean the bottom of that draft not good. Top of the draft in uh, where are we? Let's go top of the draft twenty twenty four. Mamarius Mims good player, yeah, Chris Jenkins No, no, nope, Jermaine Burton, nope, McKinley Jackson, why not here already?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 10: Eric All don't know nothing but hurt, nothing but hurt. So I mean, you've got you've got to focus, and this plays off your point zone. You kind of focus, just not what you see on tape and say, yeah, I can mold him into this. Yeah, what kind of player is he when everything goes south in the game? Is he a leader? Is he somebody that makes the situation worse? We kind of a guy is he when he misses a tackle? Does he come back dedicated to make that tackle the next time? And that only comes from deep due diligence. I don't know if they've got the personnel to do those things.
Speaker 18: Well, there's gonna be one playing Sunday night to night in Jack Sawyer, who a lot of IT teams.
Speaker 10: He's just too slow playing well.
Speaker 18: He plays good football, and every time you turn on an Ohio State game, he made a play. There's something to be said about that. We do so much draft coverage now we get exhausted with these names. There are names that I remember talking about a lot. John Campbell talked about a ton position of need. He's one of the best rookies in football right now for the Philadelphia Eagles. If you watched last weekend the Falcons game, Xavier Watts is a player we talked nauseum abouts in Cincinnati. Why because he was with Al Golden at Notre Dame. But what I kept hearing he's just a little bit slow. I don't know you can make the jump to the next level at two interceptions on probably the league MVP last weekend and playing better football. Meanwhile, we're still kind of wondering at Perret Carter, Demetrious Night.
Speaker 10: Did they hit on those guys.
Speaker 18: You'd like to think they hit on Fairchild, but nothing is for sure. And at so many positions of need, there's only so many free agents you'll be able to sign.
Speaker 10: And who made the decision right back then to think that those two guys could play together at an NFL level and you're fine at linebacker.
Speaker 8: Well, and you you can't ignore large almost impossible to ignore red flags like the ones that existed with Jermaine Burton. Look, I hope Jermaine Burton gets his life together, but when on draft night one of his former college coaches is on TV going, I don't know, man, Like, there's got to be somebody in the room that goes, hey, look, instead of taking this guy who has work ethic problems commitment problems might not be from a professional standpoint, what we want instead of that guy, here's this guy, And you know what, maybe this guy's a tick slower.
Speaker 10: Go back and look at the reaction. Yes of Zach Taylor. Yes, they're so excited.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So there has to be somebody in the room that goes, Zach, I know you like this guy, but my intel says he may not be from a maturity standpoint, what we want. But I've got this guy over here, and you know, athletically, maybe he doesn't fit the same profile, but we can count on him and he can show up to work on time, and he's gonna fit with Joe and in this offense, we can carve that a role for him. Instead, it's a waste to pick, and you're going in the next year still wondering to a degree, who's gonna be the number three wide receiver. I wonder if they have enough people or enough qualified people in the room to go, hey, instead of Shamar Stewart. We know you like him, but here's a guy, Donovan as a rock who from Boston College who stood out to me. Maybe not quite as big, maybe not quite as physically impressive, but man, when you watch the tape, here's what he does.
Speaker 10: He won, right, he wins, and he gets to the quarterback they got out maneuvered on draft Day I think they I think they were like, oh, I don't ask me if I have any evidence of this happened. I think they wanted Walter Nolan, yes, and they got They got out maneuvered on Draft Day, much as they got out on Draft Day when they wound up with Billy Price.
Speaker 8: Like, you can't just shrug your shoulders and go, well, we didn't get the guy we wanted. Okay, most times you're not going to Oftentimes you're not to what's next. So if you wanted Walter Nolan that much, you know what you should have done put yourself in a position to take them.
Speaker 10: But they got sucked into the same thing with with with Jamar Stewart as they did with Burton. Burton, remember, was going to replace t Higgins, a cheaper version of Tea Stuart was going to be a cheaper version of Trey Hendrickson. You're not always the smartest guy in the room.
Speaker 18: You're not always just be high Miles Murphy, right, that was gonna Benrison.
Speaker 10: Better to keep the guy you got that you know, is a known quantity than well. Anyway, we got to take a break. We're live from the Holy Grail. I think they'll have a decent crowd there today. I would hope. You know, it's the last game of the season. If you want to keep hope alive, the flicker of that candle has to begin at some point. Why not let that flicker.
Speaker 18: Positioning is at stake today, I meant, records are at stake.
Speaker 10: I can hear it now. Three straight wins, right.
Speaker 18: Don't rock, don't rock the ship too. We are fine than people think we're Okay.
Speaker 8: They've already announced their ticket price increase, so they can't do that at the end of the game today.
Speaker 10: So right, there's they're close. I can hear it now, Brown's Cardinals, Miami. Yes, you're listening to the Rnel Carriers pregame show live from the Holy Grail of the banks of the Muddy Ohio River. On this the final game of the twenty twenty five I guess you got to say, twenty twenty six season on seven hundred w WELW presented by your Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers at ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 8: On the field or off, you need a winning game plan At share Fax Credit Union, they've got low rate loans, high yield savings and checking with no hidden fees. With mobile banking, you're always in control of the ball. Score big today at share facts dot org, shareffax credit Union, where you share in the benefits.
Speaker 20: Make twenty twenty six your strongest year yet. Game Day Men's Health helps you take on fatigue, low libido, and poor sleep, helping you to stay sharp and powerful. Schedule your free consultation at Fort Mitchell, Newport Evendale or Mainville. Gamedaymenshealth dot com.
Speaker 21: That's the sound of James adding long lasting Gain sent Boosters to his laundry this morning. Several hours later, James sniffs the irresistible scent of gain on a shirt.
Speaker 10: Ah Gain.
Speaker 21: Several hours later, James has even caught the attention of his mother in law and she never gives him attentions.
Speaker 1: Ooh you some amazing James.
Speaker 5: Oh thanks man, I love you too.
Speaker 21: I have said that at Gain simp Booster's your laundry ad joy to your day.
Speaker 1: This holiday season.
Speaker 22: Thank you from all of us at the Cincinnati Cancer Foundation. Because of you, family facing cancer found answers, support and hope when it mattered most. From our family to yours, Happy holidays, and thank you for making a difference.
Speaker 23: What car in your driveway. It's done a lot for you this holiday season. That can do even more. When you donate your car to Ohio Valley Goodwill, you help people gain job skills, find opportunity, and move forward. Because where there's a will, there should always be away. Donate your car today at goodwillcars dot com.
Speaker 24: Make it more Ed Thomas Moore, You and our Saint's Essential program is designed with you in mind. Enjoy all access, dining plans, easy parking and more included with your tuition. Visit campus and schedule now at Thomas Moore dot edu. Don't get caught out in the cold.
Speaker 25: Call the pros at Oxyr Gas today and schedule your profeine delivery. Ox your Gas works hard twenty four to seven three sixty five To keep your families eight and warm. Call auxy your Gas today five one three seven two four seventy seven hundred or online at auxyrgas dot com.
Speaker 26: My name is Whitney Allen. I am a widow my husband Ryan. I never thought in a million years we'd have to use life insurance. The unexpected happened with Ethos.
Speaker 10: It is so fast and easy.
Speaker 26: It's one hundred percent online. You can get a quote in seconds, apply a minute and get same day coverage, no medical exams, and you can get up to three million dollars worth of coverage through Athos.
Speaker 5: Get your free quote at ethos dot com. Slash game that's e t hos dot com Slash game.
Speaker 27: Time spent on application my very online health questions required earn fifty five.
Speaker 15: Thousand dollars year one with a Butson to earn up to six figures as a Metro operator full time, great benefits, paid CDL training and a two thousand dollars hiring bonus.
Speaker 5: Apply at go dash Metro dot Com. Ford's Last Careers.
Speaker 10: Welcome Backs. The RNL Carriers pregame Show Live from the Holy Grail with Tony Pike and Bowegger. I'm ken Brew. What you doing New Year's What's dinner?
Speaker 19: Went home? Okay?
Speaker 10: What'd you go when I got home? And what'd you go to dinner? Carlo and Johnny? Very nice? That's where I go for all my big events for Carlo Aristocrat. You Wow, it's like it very nice. It's a great operation. Ruby runs great great cost you about five bills? What do you get to my age? You realize money is not an important thing. Wow, as long as you got enough to live, you can splurge every soul. Very nice pressed Joe Burrow says, change.
Speaker 8: Your gift cards, gift cards.
Speaker 10: No, you went there without gift cards. Well, I gave gift I gave some of my family members gift cards from there. For the left. No, I get you, I can get you. I'll take you there if you like something, really, let's go. Yeah, a little season ending dinner. Yeah, they'll celebrate. There was a time that wyl W used to take its employees there. I remember these those days. Yeah, there's something for the suggestion box for the new guys.
Speaker 8: Well, now we have, and we're spreading the wealthier some wind Shoolers coupons. So if you come to the Holy Grail camp, we don't have Carlo and Johnny gift cards.
Speaker 10: We have something that's even better. Right, you can get a I could see my suggestion to the sales department to actually bring down some wind Shoolers really was addressed.
Speaker 8: And you know, we've been given these away all year long. You might be wondering you have a stack of them left you. You might be wondering them did these coupons expire at the end of the year.
Speaker 10: No no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 8: You have until June thirtieth to save a dollar oh boy off your wind Schuler's cheese spread.
Speaker 18: I was putting this up in front of that. There's a camera up here. Here's here's what you do.
Speaker 10: Okay, if you're really hungry, just eat the coupon we have up here.
Speaker 8: What you do is you go to your local grocer and you get wind Schulers cheese spread.
Speaker 10: Why did the why did the account executive go to our locial grocer and bring some wind Shoolers.
Speaker 8: And then you bring the cheese spread to Carlo and Johnny and then you kind of create like a like a cheese spread sort of crust on your.
Speaker 10: Maybe a bacon, cheddar pepper, pepper jack away out the door.
Speaker 8: If you do so, please, and I mean this in the most orderly fashion possible. We don't want anybody to get hurt. Okay, why I don't want anybody to get hurt. That was going to be the first guy in the most in the most orderly fashion possible. Please come get your one dollar off coupono win Schulers. These will get you a dollar off any wind Schuler's product, So.
Speaker 10: Come, please, please. In fact, let's let the women go first like Titanic women and children.
Speaker 8: Women and children first to get your win shoulders, cheese spread, one dollar off coupon.
Speaker 10: And then the men can go. Yeah, come on up and at.
Speaker 8: Least one per person.
Speaker 18: Okay, you don't even need to go to the game now, just go right to your local grocer.
Speaker 8: If you go up to a ticket scalper and won a couple of tickets in the game, you bring like four of these, you'll get plucked one. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 10: Those are that's the same amount of coupons you've had since day one. Well again, you get a.
Speaker 8: New envelope every weekend. Look at this envelope says game nine.
Speaker 10: Okay, just in case we got confused, Yeah, we have to break. You're listening to the rn L Carries Pregames Deductive segment Live from the Holy Grail at the Banks Good Radio presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky two ODA Dealers on ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 17: News, Traffic and Women. This is a Game day news updates.
Speaker 2: President Trump deciding who's going to take the place of Nicholas Mandurah, this is the nine thirty report.
Speaker 1: I'm Sandy Collins breaking now.
Speaker 2: Trump says that the current vice president of Venezuela will be taking the place of Alsted Nicholas Maduro. Trump said yesterday that Vice President Delci Rodriguez has agreed to work with the US, but the US will be running Venezuela. Trump used to be supportive of Venezuelan opposition leader Machado, but he now believes that she can't lead her people because.
Speaker 1: They don't respect her in her country.
Speaker 2: The President said he wants Venezuela to be independent and its infrastructure needs to be repaired, and that American oil companies will be fixing the damage to Venezuelan infrastructure. With just twenty four hours since this military action. Maduro is now in jail in New York.
Speaker 1: Here's ABC's Lionel.
Speaker 28: Morise, Venezuela's vice president, demanding the immediate release of Maduro and his wife, saying Venezuela has a duty to safeguarded sovereignty that has been attacked. Secretary of State Marco Rubio says Congress was not known prior to the mission, saying doing so would have quote endangered the mission.
Speaker 2: US allies have mixed emotions about the US capture of the Venezuelan president.
Speaker 1: We'll have more on that coming up.
Speaker 26: Now.
Speaker 2: Traffic and weathered together on this Sunday morning. Traffic looks good right now. No unusual delays, no weather related problems, and no accidents reported on the Tri State highways.
Speaker 6: Now the latest port chat from the Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Weather Center Jake Sweeney Chevrolet, Better for Less.
Speaker 7: We do end up getting a decent amount of sunshine today and temperas will warm all the way up to the mid to upper thirties, upper forties for your Monday's high. Tuesday, we're back in the fifties from a severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: I got a full moon right now, cold weather twenty one degrees with clear skies across the Tri State. News Radio seven hundred WLW. America's allies have mixed emotions about the US capture of Venezuelan President Nicholas Maduro, the Prime Minister of Canada, says they support a Venezuelan led transition process that respects the democratic will of the people there. Mexico's Foreign Ministry on Saturday released an urgent call to respect international law and to seize any active aggression against the government in Venezuela and the people in Britain. The Prime Minister said that the UK shed no tears over the end of Maduro's regime, but it would need to discuss the evolving situation with their US counterparts. Here in Cincinnati, a cash reward is being offered to find the killer of Quinary Reed. That's the eleven year old little girl playing with her cousin shot down at a West End park this week.
Speaker 29: Police found her injured near the Laurel Playground around six thirty pm, and she later died at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. The ATF is working with Cincinnati police and using all available.
Speaker 5: Resources to bring the offender to justice.
Speaker 29: Anyone with information can email ATF tips at ATF dot gov, or contact local crime stoppers. I'm Brady Hopkins News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati police have released a photo of a man they're looking for a suspect and a felonious assault that happened at Government Square yesterday. The alteration started after both of the two got off of a bus and it ended with the victim being punched in the face. The suspect appears to be left handed a blackmail with a beard and wearing a tan.
Speaker 1: Coat and hoodie.
Speaker 2: And Marvel fans are getting news that actress Evangeline Lily has brain damage after fainting and falling face first into a boulder last year. Lily released the news on Instagram and a video explaining what comes next for her. The forty six year old Lily now says her job is to deal and heal. In sports, Houston came to town to beat Cincinnati Bearcat sixty seven to sixty on the hardwood. Then Xavier fell to the feet of DePaul. Bengals Update Bengals kick off at one o'clock today. All the action right here with Dan Horde and Dave Lapham. Weather is perfect for football, Sonny, and about thirty five.
Speaker 1: Degrees at kickoff.
Speaker 2: The Bengals game day forecast today built by American Hometech A Strong Defense starts with a solid roof Americanhometech dot com I Sandy Collins. Our next update at ten on News Radio seven hundred Double lub.
Speaker 30: Looking to earn more with your checking account Kemba has the answer. Get green checking pace you up to forty five dollars a month. It's as simple as using your debit card, viewing e statements, and logging into online or mobile banking. Open your account today and earn up to forty five dollars a month with Kemba. For details and qualifications, visit Kemba dot com. That's k e Mba dot com. APY equals annual percentage YELD monthly example based on earning four percent APY on a daily balance of fifteen thousand dollars throughout a twenty eight day qualification cycle and meeting all qualifications right subject to change in sure pay and CUA.
Speaker 31: I want to make twenty twenty six year year of adventure, look that trip and learn a new language with Babbel. Go ahead, make a resolution you can stick to. Now is the time. Babbel's New Year's sale is here. Unlock all of the languages on Babbel with a lifetime subscription for sixty five percent off. Turn your daydream into a destination this year with Babbel. Get Babbel's lifetime access for less at babble dot com.
Speaker 1: That's babb e l dot com dot.
Speaker 32: Com light up the season with savings at Kelsey Chevrolet. Now's the time Chevy lights up their best. You're in sales incentives like up to ten thousand off on News Silverado fifteen hundreds or zero percent APR. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our family to yours.
Speaker 20: Lance Pacanister here hot in one room, cold on the next. No duckwork, no problem, Carrier Duclos Systems will bring it enhanced heating and cooling to your home. Go to Carrier dot com find a Carrier dealer that can recommend the right Ducklo solution for you.
Speaker 5: Carrier, turn to the experts.
Speaker 33: Anthony munhoz Here, your number one player, cheering on my number one automotive teammate, Rose Automotive. Roses number one in service and value because they value you as their teammate. Find your way to Hamilton and Rose Automotive. Anthony munhos Here, your number one player, cheering on the newest member of our automotive team, Larkin greenwood Ford in Connersville, Indiana. Like all of the automotive teammates on Ed Larkin's team, Larkin greenwood Ford focuses on the fundamentals of service and value to bring you to our team. Larkin Greenwood Ford in Connorsville.
Speaker 34: Holliday Book Actly Oakley Greens is now Oakly Winter Glow, twenty four foot Christmas cake tree, giancuted patio, and more lights than a primetime kickoff. It's the no stress seasonal escape, towns of parking, two bars and thirty TV's to catch every tip off.
Speaker 1: Kickoff and bowl game.
Speaker 34: All the glow, all the games, all at Oakley Greens with your glow.
Speaker 35: New Year, New apartment, Start fresh in a home you'll love. Visit brgapartments dot com today to find the perfect home for the new Year. That's brgapartments dot com.
Speaker 36: This new Year, cut out the negativity, not the pizza. Get thirty percent off any pizza during Peace and Love days when you use promo code love at Donados. The best New Year's resolutions include more laughs, more love, and more Donados.
Speaker 10: So order today.
Speaker 5: What's up Cincinnati, Moeger here?
Speaker 8: You know I do anything to be at a bar watching the Bengals with some hot wings and an ice coal bud light. So I'm already planning to kickoff game day early. If anyone needs me, I'll be at my local sports bar. Ordering wings and a round of bud Lights while turning it into an official watch party with my buddies. Anything for bud Light, the official beer sponsor of the Cincinnati Bengals. Bud Light Easy to drink, easy to enjoy, enjoy responsibly, Annheuser Busch bud Light Beer, Saint Louis, Missouri.
Speaker 37: Given the phone rain on game day, doesn't face day. He's already got his poncho. Just needs to do something about those wipers, So Dave heads to AutoZone. Welcome to AutoZone, where a friendly autozonner helps him get premium quiet wipers.
Speaker 5: And some handwarmers. You're all set.
Speaker 37: Now, if only his team can handle the elements as well as his new wipers. Get wipers, glass cleaner, and more with no hassles. Just held at AutoZone.
Speaker 10: Given the phone Zone.
Speaker 38: Come face to face with Biblical truth at the Creation Museum. From Adam and Eve to Noah's Ark, Explore how science confirms the Bible through powerful exhibits, stunning visuals, and immersive experiences. Strengthen your faith and deepen your understanding of God's words the Creation Prepared to believe.
Speaker 39: Being this third generation of Saint Clair's I've learned it's important to get props to those who deserve credit first and foremost. We would not have lasted over seventy years without great customers like you.
Speaker 40: Thank you for using us for seventy years, Ray Saint Clair Rufing.
Speaker 5: This is Joe of Queen City Running.
Speaker 41: Whether walking, running or training for a marathon, our expert staff can help you find the perfect footwear for you. Visit us at Queen City Running West in White Oak and Queen City Running North in Westchester. Queen City Running dot com.
Speaker 10: Seven hundred wylw ESPN fifteen thirty. It's the RDL Carriers pregame show live from the Holy Grail at the Banks, and it's presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyo to Dealers with Moeger and Tony Pike nine Ken Brooke. This week, Joe Burrow held court with the media for one viinal time in twenty twenty five, and he was asked about changes, Changes, Changes. Here's his answer as to what changes he thinks need to happen.
Speaker 42: Something's got to change, whether it's players that we have continuing to improve and get better and playing championship caliber football or bringing guys in that that will or whatever it may be.
Speaker 19: Obviously something has.
Speaker 10: To something has to change. What changes do you think he has in mind? It's a great question.
Speaker 8: That's all work for Navy so well the other night. I think for Joe it's it's not so much about specifics. It's not get rid of this player, replace them with this player. I think it's urgency. I think it's the understanding that hey man, you've you've got me. I'm your meal ticket. I'm going to turn thirty during next season. I play at a position where I'm judged by how much do we win, and I'm going to be on the outside looking in as other quarterbacks that I'm better than, for the most part get a shot at winning a trophy. I'm compared to Mahomes he has three. I'm compared to Jalen Hurts. I'm better than him. He's got one. A chance for another. I haven't won an MVP yet that that matters. Lamar Scott too at Staff and the Super Bowl. Yeah, the Josh Allen has one. I think with Joe it's urgency. I cannot imagine he looked at last season then look, they did what he wanted with t Higgins. I cannot imagine that Joe looked at last season and thought, you know what we're acting with urgency?
Speaker 10: That to me is the word here.
Speaker 8: It's cliche if you want to say, but it's understanding what you have. The windows should be open. You have an a list or a quarterback. The AFC was turned on its head this year. The division, the other teams in the division have major questions.
Speaker 10: We need to seize.
Speaker 8: We can't sit back and wait for guys who haven't performed to see if they're gonna get better. There's gotta be a sense of urgency that has been lacking for a long time.
Speaker 10: I think he's talking about one side of the football. I don't think he's talking about his side of the football.
Speaker 8: No, no, And to me, that's what's so frustrat right. Like, if you're Duke Tobin or Mike Brown. There are eighteen teams that's starting tomorrow their offseason begins. How many of those personnel people have what the Bengals have, which is a side of the ball that you don't need to touch exactly. They need to bring back Dalton Reisner. They can find some offensive line depth, maybe third wide receiver, but you could leave that side of the football alone and feel like we're good and so to me, that is what's so frustrating. This isn't a team where you look at the entire roster and go gotta start from scratch. It's not a team that you don't know who the quarterback is going to be. You're not in quarterback purgatory like so many teams are. You're good over here, and yet you've wasted it again because you can't even figure out the basics on the other side of the football.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I think it along with that urgency, what has Joe done for this team down the stretch when he didn't have to come back and play. Yeah, I'll put myself out there. Yeah, I'll go play my brand of football. And so we'll guys like T Higgins and T Higginson ourselves out there because it matters to us and what matters winning matters. Very clear that winning matters. Joe has said that from the moment he got here, the most important thing to me is winning Super Bowls, not the individual accolades. Would be nice to collect an MVP with all the other guys that Mo mentioned to absolutely, but he's played at an MVP caliber since he arrived here in Cincinnati. And this to me is, hey, if you want to look at me and my actions, go ahead, because I'm going to act in the same sense of urgency. I'm not gonna sit this out. I'm not going to watch them the sideline. I'm gonna be out here with the guys because it's important to me and it needs to be important to more of the decision makers on how urgent this becomes in the office.
Speaker 8: And I also think we are now closer to the end of Joe Burrow's current contract than we are to when he played in a Super Bowl. Sure right, the clock is ticking, so you might have thought that a lot of people overblew. You know, well, he's gonna demand a trade or he's gonna do an Andrew Locke.
Speaker 10: I agree.
Speaker 8: At the same time, do you want to be where they are again in a year with a quarterback who's then gonna turn thirty, who's got three years left At some point the Bengals are gonna want to extend him. You don't want to be in a position where Joe Burrow goes I'm good, yeah, here, here.
Speaker 10: Here now, Jamar Chase, when asked this week if he thinks the Bengals are quote unquote close.
Speaker 43: I feel like that's the same question I get asked there close. You know, I say the same thing every I don't. I mean, at this point, we're gonna keep battling, and that's all we can do. As players, control intro and make plays and opportunities when our numbers is calling.
Speaker 10: That's all we can do. You have a situation, so no, they're not close, right, We're gonna play hard. You have a situation. Compare it to baseball. Great baseball teams are strong up the middle catcher, GP combination, center fielder. This team is weak up the middle, dtackle, linebacker, safety, So it's pretty obvious where they've got to make changes. If changers are going to be now, you're not gonna fix it in one draft. You're not gonna hit a home run in one draft. So you damn well better go out there and what we talked about in the last half hour, find people early in free agent, not bottom feeding at the end of the first week or the end of the second week. Get players that can come in and play right now and make a difference right now up the middle of your defense.
Speaker 18: Dalton Riiser has been fantastic. Dalton Riisler was an afterthought for much of training camp. Oh he doesn't make his mind up apparently until late train But can you you're spot on this, and again it's not easy to do it. But the one prerequisite that people have always talked about with the defense just be middle of the pack because the offense is that good.
Speaker 10: Do you want a top ten defense?
Speaker 18: Absolutely, but there's not as much pressure to go from one of the worst in the NFL to the league's best next year? Can you go from one of the worst in the NFL to fourteenth next year? If this was a fourteenth or fifteenth ring defense, then we're talking today going into this game against Cleveland about playoff seeding, and you know is the number one seed still at stake is a first round by his home field advantage. Instead it again playing out the string. You could probably take our last show of last year and plug it into everything we're saying today. They got a ton of things they got to improve on. The only thing that's different from last year to this year is the offensive line seems to be in a much better spot going forward. That doesn't need as much attention. But I guarantee you Week eighteen. Last year, we were having the same conversation about the defensive side of the ball just needing to be average because the offense is so explosive, and we're doing the exact same thing today.
Speaker 8: Well, and with Reisner in particular, there's a chance to get an early win.
Speaker 10: Do what's easy.
Speaker 8: Here is a player who has performed at a high enough level that it makes sense to bring him back. He's due to be a free agent. He has stated publicly I want to be here, and by the way, the Bengals can do something about that before March. So you know, Dalton Ryan is not Chamar Chaser T Higgins. But one of the one of the problems the Bengals had was they ended up paying those guys more than they probably should have because they waited so long. And then when they waited so long, by Katie Blackburn's own admission, that took their attention away from free agency. That is a horrible excuse. But okay, so you know what the moment this season ends called Dalton Reisner, go let's get a ton Yeah, let's just let's scrape this one off the plate. We have so much work to do let's not create more by letting Dalton Reisner hit free agency, and then we have to replace one of the few players we acquired last offseason who has helped us this year.
Speaker 10: Why don't we check out the delivery of the game last week. It's brought to you by RNL Carriers. Visit RLC dot com make RNL carriers. You're global transportation provider. Well, what was your delivery of the game.
Speaker 8: Last Cody Ford a twenty one yard reception, twenty one yard catch and run. They should have given him the ball at the goal line, given him a chance to score a touch down.
Speaker 10: It was a cool moment for Cody.
Speaker 8: What I enjoyed was on Twitter, everybody raced to make the same joke, which was that Cody Ford has more receptions than Jermaine Burton this season. I thought it was a delivery of the game for Cody. I thought it was also a delivery of the game for the writers, because what else do you write about? Right, So they wrote when they played Miami, the hey Joe is back, look at what this offense can do. They couldn't really put a bowl in the season because they had one more game left against Cleveland. So when Cody Ford caught that pass. Everybody who covers the team got a chance to write about Cody Ford.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 18: I agree, Yeah, it's easily Cody Ford. If it's not Cody Ford. Last week, Jamar Chase became the first wide receiver in NFL history to have eighty or more catches, seven or more touchdowns in one thousand plus yards in each of his first five NFL seasons. You could tell going into that game because of how he talked about it, leading in how much you wanted to get.
Speaker 10: In the end zone.
Speaker 18: Hadn't been in the end zone in quite some time, So Cody Ford is the easy answer.
Speaker 10: I would go with that.
Speaker 18: But if not Jamar Chas and finding the end zone and finding his way in the NFL record, I.
Speaker 8: Would also say the delivery of the game might be when the Arizona Cardinals put the posted stamp on the envelope and delivered the letter to the mailman in that effort that they mailed in last week.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no have tanking that people want to know does a team tank? That was a team I made the observation they don't really have players that tackle. They have escorted. They just escorted players down the field until that player trip they did.
Speaker 18: They showed at one point like, hey, this is what we could have done if we didn't mail it in. Yah, we're going to utilize your poor safety and tackling on a touchdown pass that should have never been a touchdown. Outside of that, they could have not shown any less care in being on a football field than what was on display last week.
Speaker 10: You're listening to the RNOL Carriers pregame show. It's live from the Holy Grail where you should be if you're coming to the game today, stop on by. They called it pre and it's a great place to pregame. It's all presented by your Cincinnati at Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers on ESPN fifteen thirty at seven hundred W l W Marty Bereneman.
Speaker 44: Here, Joseph Chevallet is delivering big deals twenty twenty six tracks two forty nine a month or twenty twenty six Equinox two ninety nine both the zero down you own it. It's up to ten thousand dollars off Silverado. It's Joseph Chevrolet where the deals are always a touchdown.
Speaker 45: My name is Toaf Toph and recently I negotiated massive tax relief for a former Cincinnati football star. My playbook worked a perfection, and the IRS was left watching as my celebrity client ran free into the end zone and celebrated with tears of joy pouring down his face. Imagine the freedom if your massive IRS problem was resolved permanently. Now stop procrastinating and visit five to one three TOAF dot com five one three TOPH dot com. Don't live in fear. TOAF is here. The football season is here.
Speaker 46: Cinci fans and bell Terra Casino Resort has all the action. Celebrate a hometown win with NonStop gaming action, incredible dining with six restaurants. Are relaxing a hotel and spa, or tof at our world class Tom Fazio design.
Speaker 5: Championship golf course for Cincinnati football.
Speaker 46: It doesn't get much better away from the stadium than here at Belterra Casino Resort in Southern Indiana.
Speaker 47: Gambling problem call one eight hundred nine ninety four eight four eight.
Speaker 11: From the Wyoming Air Temp Star Weather Center. Here's your forecast temperaures this afternoon.
Speaker 7: We'll climb to the mid to upper thirties with mostly sunny skies tonight we drop down to the mid twenties. Win shift out of the south though tomorrow and that gives us above average temperatures.
Speaker 5: We'll top out in the upper forties, close to fifty.
Speaker 7: That's your nine first one and forecast time meterologist Cameron Harden.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by Iheartadvertising dot Com.
Speaker 48: Run a business and not thinking about radio? Think again, because people are listening to radio more today than they did twenty years ago, and only iHeartRadio connects with more Americans than TV, digital, even social. Learn how radio can help your business at Iheartadvertising dot com.
Speaker 49: Beach Montsoyota is stocked with a wide selection of new vehicles. We've got great deals on cameras, to Comas, ralph Wars, Highlanders and Siennas. Plus every new Toyota comes with a two year no cost maintenance plan for added peace of mind.
Speaker 5: Shop online or visit beach Montsoyota.
Speaker 50: At SIMS Furniture, I see it every day people come and expecting the usual hassle, pushy salespeople, weeks for delivery, credit stress. Then they realize SIMS makes it simple in stock, inventory, quick delivery, easy approvals. Five locations or SIMS Furniture CEO dot com SIMS furniture easy to work with, hard to.
Speaker 51: Be sound familiar. At Mattress Firm, we understand there are many problems that can keep you up at night, like snoring, aches and pains, or sleeping hot. Our sleep experts have the unrival know how to match you with a mattress that can help. And now at Mattress Firm, save up to five hundred dollars on temper pedick plus get a three hundred dollars instant gift for the great sleep you deserve. Visit Mattress Firm. We make sleep ee rerstractions apply. See store a website for details.
Speaker 52: Whether you're tail Katie watching from home, we're cheering at the stadium. Let's keep the energy high in every game day, Clean and cream. Remember to recycle with Rumpky, the recycling leader and an official trash removal and recycling partner to the Cincinnati Bengals. Learn more at Rumky dot com.
Speaker 53: It's more than a home, It's where the counch becomes the fifty yard line and game day snack shine. As the official homebuilder of the Cincinnati Bengals, Fisher Homes builds award winning spaces with homejown dry start building at fisherhomes dot com.
Speaker 20: Transform your kitchen like Kelly and I did, make a statement with your countertops. Stone Statements transforms your kitchen with studding courts granted or court site, offering skilled craftsmanship, state of the art technology at exceptional customer service. We love the results. Learn more at Stone Statements dot com. Leaks don't fix themselves.
Speaker 16: We checked.
Speaker 5: When pipes panic, we don't.
Speaker 10: And when you.
Speaker 54: Want something done right, call plumb Tight, real plumbers, real results.
Speaker 55: Plumb TIGHTE Toyota Thona is on and it's the perfect time to wrap up the year with a new Toyota. Now through January fifth, get two point ninety nine APR financing on remaining new twenty five tacomas excludes TIERD Pro and Trail Hunter or Lisa Well Equipped twenty five Tacoma SR. Buy for two fifty nine a month for thirty nine months with thirty nine ninety nine do its signing with approof credit through TFS, text, Title and license extra. Call one eight eight eight thirty six Toyota for details, or go to Toyota dot com. Toyota Let's Go Places.
Speaker 10: It's the RNL Carriers pregame show Live holding Grail at the Banks, presented by your Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers, Bengals and Browns in a matter of hours, pay course stadium season finale. What's on the line. Well for the Bengals, nothing bride for the Browns, nothing except files Garrett quick get the sack records. Single season sack record held t. J. Watt and long before him, you know who he is. NFL pregame show, Michael Straighthands and before Himkoy Bacon, Mark Gasteneaux, and before him Reggie White, and before him Deacon Jones, Koy Bacon most sacks in the season. So we asked Marcus Arrow on that list, we asked Miles Garrett does he know going into this game that he could get the sack record against Joe Burrow, whom he has sackled? He is sack born than any other quarterback to save with.
Speaker 8: You have a chance to set the sack record?
Speaker 10: Are you aware? Somebody asks in that question against Joe Burrow. Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 56: What I've known absolutely, I've seen his face on the ground looking up at me saying high Miles and Hi Joe too many times, So yeah, I figured he'd be a at the top.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's at the top, twelve time sacked by Garrett along with Lebar Jackson. As for Joe, he says he will not do anything differently today to avoid getting sacked, and if he gets sacked, well, Cess lev where is Joe.
Speaker 42: Yeah, I'm certainly not gonna overcompensate either way. I'm not gonna go out of my way to not let him get the record, and I'm not gonna go out of my way to let him get the record either. I'm gonna go and play football. There's gonna be situations that a sack is the best of the bad outcomes of that play, and maybe I take one, and there's gonna be other situations that I'm about to get sacked and I need to throw it away in that situation. It's such a such a situational game that I don't think you can go in thinking one way or the other.
Speaker 10: Every play so different. Yeah. Did you get what I did there? Yeah, Cesslavi, it's really say love.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Did you get that.
Speaker 8: Robbie Nevill's song nineteen eighty seven?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Robbie Neville, he was a great singer God Bless. I heard him on your show. No, he's not on my show. Let's talk about this, do you? Miles Garrett last week was a vocal point for the Steelers. They almost sacrificed the outcome, but they did sure that Garrett didn't get a set. I did sacrifice that. That was a poor choice strategy.
Speaker 18: Now I think the Bengal should sacrifice the outcome as well. I think they should play with extra linemen on the field for much of the afternom. I think in all, I like, I don't expect Joe Burrow to change how he operates. I expect Zach Taylor to change how he calls plays.
Speaker 10: Or he should.
Speaker 18: I mean, it doesn't mean anything if Joe Burrow doesn't get through this.
Speaker 10: Game today like that.
Speaker 18: That's the thing to me, Like we're talking Miles Garrett. Great gets at sack right, he could get against Joe Flacco as well. That was the the main talking point from last Monday for me was how quick Zach Taylor came out and said Joe was gonna play.
Speaker 10: Because I've already seen enough. Joe had the.
Speaker 18: Back to back good games against Miami in Arizona. There's nothing left to play for You've already proven who you are. If if Joe's the guy today, are you are you catering it deffinitely?
Speaker 10: Are you calling this more close to us?
Speaker 18: Are you getting more quick game out, are you doing more play action to move the pocket?
Speaker 10: Are you doing more max protect two man routes.
Speaker 18: That's what I want to know, because the one thing that completely changes with the conversation for Cincinnati Bengals fans tomorrow is is if you're talking about going into an offseason getting Joe Burrow healthy again, I.
Speaker 8: Would say that Jake Browning, you know, Joe Flacco is a Super Bowl MVP, has that a great career. Joe Burrow is arguably the best quarterback in the sport. Would you like to be the answer to a trivia question?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Great, you're gonna get a chance to play today. And Miles Garrett Sacksya, You'll go down in NFL history as the guy that he sacked.
Speaker 10: I Tony, I'm with you. I didn't have a.
Speaker 8: Huge issue with Joe playing against the Dolphins or the Cardins. Nope, fine, he worked his ass off to come back. You want to send a message that we're all about trying to win no matter what I understand it. This is week eighteen. They have a lot of work on their hands that starts tomorrow. Do you want to complicate things by adding a question about your quarterback's health.
Speaker 18: The best defensive player in the NFL is playing for history today.
Speaker 8: In life, you make compromises, and the compromise for Joe would have been you got a chance to come back. You played great, awesome, see in April. I wouldn't haven't played today.
Speaker 10: And like down I I'll watch today.
Speaker 8: Through my fingers because the the only thing that makes today's game matter.
Speaker 10: Make compromise.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you make a compromise doing the show with us.
Speaker 10: Yep, we get it. I don't make a compromise. I make a poor business decision doing this show. They made a few in my life.
Speaker 8: But the only thing that matters about today's game is if it affects next year negatively.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 8: What can have the biggest negative impact on next year season an injury to the quarterback. This isn't about Miles Garrett. They can be playing anybody. They can be playing any team with a bad defensive line and edge rush we've never heard of. I don't want to play him today. That's maybe not the most popular opinion. Joe wouldn't like it. But today's game, if they win, we shrug our shoulders and go cool. Get started on next year, Today's game, no matter the outcome. If Joe Burrow gets hurt, suddenly next year is a little bit more complicated. Why why complicate things unnecessary?
Speaker 10: Why even roll the dice fellas, We got to take a break. It's time for the news and then after that we'll get into more discussion about today's game and perhaps the repercussions if said injury occurs. Because all of this is fodder, as they say, gris for the mill I want to know. On the Rnelle Carriers pregame show presented by Your Cincinnati to Carlo and Johnny's on seven Reservation WLW, Tip of Vala and esp had fifteen thirty.
Speaker 17: Hey, it's where they orange into black by linn W Cincinnati News Traffic and Winning. This is a game day news update.
Speaker 2: Mixed emotions about Venezuela. This is the ten o'clock report. Good morning, I'm Sandy Collins breaking now. After Nicholas Maduro, the former president, was taken out of office yesterday, captured by the US to face drug charges this weekend. There are mixed emotions felt in Venezuela and across our country. ABC's Matt Rivers has the latest from those inside Venezuela.
Speaker 57: Many people I have spoken to personally inside the country over the last twenty four hours describe two things. One sense of relief and happiness that Maduro is now gone, but also a sense of worry about what is to come after President Trump's announcement that the United States is going to quote run the country there without giving any real specifics as to what that means. For now, Vice President Delsa Rodriguez is calling for Malula's release. For President Trump said that she has at least signaled to him a willingness to cooperate with the US.
Speaker 2: Some other changes, the FAA is now allowing airlines to resume their flights in the Caribbean after the airspace was closed down over those US strikes in Venezuela on Saturday. So if you've got friends and family down there, then may be able to come home this weekend. Traffic and weather together here on seven hundred WLW looks pretty good here this morning. Light travel across the tri state, no accidents or highway delays right.
Speaker 6: Now now the latest forecast from the Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Weather Center Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Better for Last scepters.
Speaker 7: This afternoon, we'll climb to the mid to upper thirties with mostly sunny skies. Tonight, we drop down to the mid twenties. Wind shift out of the south though tomorrow and that gives us above average temperatures. We'll top out in the upper forties close to fifty Firmer Severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: The Bengals game day forecast today built by American Hometech, A strong defense starts with a solid roof Americanhometech dot Com. This afternoon's going to be chiley with a temperature around thirty two degrees kickoff. Waking up this morning to clear skies and cold temperatures twenty four degrees right now. A juvenile's in stable condition at Cincinnati Children's Hospital after an accidental shooting in Ohio Township.
Speaker 1: With details, here's Travis Laird.
Speaker 58: The Sheriff's office says the accidental discharge happened on Saturday morning in Ohio Township. Deputies found the child conscious and responsive before emergency crews rushed the victim to Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Both parents were home at the time of the shooting. While no charges have been filed, the case has been referred to Children's Protective Services for a follow up investigation. I'm Travis Laird News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Manhunt is underway after a suspect fled the scene of a SWAT standoff in the villages of Royal Hill. Cincinnati police responded to reports of shots fired on President Drive yesterday afternoon. That shooter barricading himself inside a home for over an hour while the officers deployed multiple flashbanks to force the surrender.
Speaker 1: However, that suspect was able to get away.
Speaker 2: The police are now interviewing a resident on the street for clues about the man's disappearance. No injuries were reported during this standoff. If you're in Hamilton County and you're taking down your Christmas tree this weekend, here's some information you need to know to get.
Speaker 10: Rid of it.
Speaker 29: Hamilton County residents have several options this month if you are looking to compost your Christmas tree. Drop Offs run from noon to four today as well as on January eleventh and twelfth, at locations in Green and Cold Raine Townships. Eastside residents can go to Bzach Landscaping in Anderson Township next Saturday from ten to four. Trees must be real and decoration free, and the program is open to residents only. More details are at Hamilton County Resource dot org. I'm Brady Hopkins, news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: College basketball not so good for Cincinnati teams. Both the Bearcats and the Musketeers lost yesterday. I'm Sandy Collins. Our next news coming up at ten thirty on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Light up the season with savings at Kelsey Chevrolet.
Speaker 32: Now's the time Chevy lights up their best year end sales and centims light zero percent APR on most new Chevies, plus the best year endle specials. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. From our family to yours.
Speaker 59: Last Banko strives to be a better financial partner by providing you with the tools, resources, and advice to power good financial decisions. We're here to help you build a strong foundation for today, tomorrow, and beyond. Because money does not make you wealthy, Understanding it does West BANKO Bank member FDIC.
Speaker 60: Fighting health insurance shouldn't feel like solving a Rubik's Cube cover since he makes it simple, affordable, and actually easy. Go to coversincey dot com. It's coverage you can count on.
Speaker 20: Lance Pacalister here hot in one room, cold on the next. No duckwork, no problem. Carrier Duclos Systems will bring enhanced heating and cooling to your home. Go to Carrier dot com Find a carrier dealer that can recommend the right Ducklos solution for you.
Speaker 10: Carrier.
Speaker 5: Turn to the experts.
Speaker 61: Start their new year right with American Hometech free roof inspections, energy efficient upgrades, and expert storm repair to keep your home protected. Your weather exposes hidden damage, but our team handles everything, including insurance. Schedule your new year inspection now at americanhome Tech dot com for win your confidence.
Speaker 62: Dave the door guy with Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky. Why did the garage door play defensive back for the football team it hands shutdown coverage?
Speaker 19: Is it?
Speaker 5: Ohd Nky dot com.
Speaker 49: It's the best time of year to drive home something new during Happy Hondadays. At Honda East, We're open throughout construction of our new facility and ready to help you unwrap. Special holiday offers on your favorite models, from stylish Sedan's to Adventuready SUVs, The Perfect Honda and the Perfect Deal are waiting.
Speaker 45: Make this season.
Speaker 49: Want to remember with reliability, comfort and cheer during Happy Hondadays at Honda East. Visit Honda East, Sinsey dot com.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's malwagger. Winter snow is beautiful, but it can lead to ugly injuries. It's important to remember Ortho Sincy Orthopedic Urgent Care just walk in, no appointment needed. Ortho Sinci Orthopedic Urgent Care has extended evening and Saturday hours. Learn more at Ortosinciwthwy dot com.
Speaker 59: A new year brings new opportunities to love your home. Pella's energy efficient windows and doors are crafted with care, precision, and attention to detail. Go beyond expectations. It's a Pella thing. Visit Pellowindows Cincinnati dot com and make life brighter.
Speaker 63: For delicious meals, you could go out to eat or spend hours in the kitchen, or you could just make a Marie Calendar's meal. Yeah you heard me, Marie Calendar's Classic Chicken Parmesiana Bowl is delicious with scratch made marinara sauce, creamy mozzarella cheese, and no preservatives. It's i in protein with thirty grams per serving. Marie Calendars. What having it all tastes like.
Speaker 17: This is R and L Carriers Pregame Sports Talk Live the Holy Grail at the Banks, presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. Pregame Sports Talk is brought to you by Skyline Chile. Feeling good. It's Skyline Time adorned window company. They sell the best and service the rest. Encore Technologies. Visit Encore dot Tech, Postman Law Injured, call eight four to four Postman others promise Postman delivers your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers. For all the latest offers, go to Toyota dot com. And by R and L Carriers, Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider.
Speaker 10: And now pregame sports Talk less than three hours until kickoff thet take Horse Stadium, Bagels at Browns and were at the Holy Grail. Whereas it's the epicenter of pregaming. As we know it. This is where you want a pregame. Yeah, I'm on in here. You not only get to see the three of us, you get to convivolate with other Bengals fans that are herelate. I made that word up pretty good. That's not bad, but it's festive.
Speaker 8: I gonna say, I I have like this melancholy kind of vibe today because I love doing this show with you guys. I mean, there's lots of things that I really enjoy about my job, really and love doing the show on Mondays with with Tony that was temporarily taken away from me great, but I I thoroughly look forward to this every single Sunday. And and you're a great sport because you we give you a hard time and you know, wail away at you occasionally. But I it's really cool. I mean this being sincere to sit up here with somebody the stature of you, Hall of famer, you know, one of the the sports broadcasting icons, and a UC Hall of Famer, a schlep like me doesn't belong on this stage. So the fact that you let me sit with you guys is awesome. You're f I love you.
Speaker 5: I didn't say you could. I didn't say you could touch me. I'm sorry, make it weird.
Speaker 10: I enjoyed doing this too. It is fun, my man. My age to get up at the hour I get up to do this usually is only for one reason. Yeah, but this is good to get up early in the morning.
Speaker 18: My twenty twenty six were already being in a dark place. If I didn't have this show after the Bearcats Liberty Bowl and no yesterday arena to a great start.
Speaker 10: If I didn't have this today, we should look at Who's spoil? Okay, that brought to you by plump tight, fast response times, no service fees, Tony Who's.
Speaker 18: Hot at the NFL saw them last night. Seattle Seahawks are the one seed in the NFC. We've talked about a lot of other teams this year, talked about the Rams, have talked about the forty nine ers, talked about a lot of other teams, the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC. What Seattle went and did in San Francisco last night to that offense and the way they had been operating with brock Party and Christian mcrey and Shanahan calling plays, that was one of the most dominant and impressive performances I've seen credit to Sam Darnold back to back great seasons. He did not kind of fall apart down the stretch this year with Seattle, but man, that was as much of a statement win as you can make.
Speaker 10: Last night's what Seattle did.
Speaker 8: Jacksonville Jaguars going to Week eighteen with a chance for the one seed. They win, Denver loses. They're the one who saw that coming. You know, you go back to Week two, Bengals beat them, the game that Joe Burrow got hurt. Nobody was talking about that team even being a playoff team. Despite the fact that the AFC South wasn't expected to be very good, they have thus far held off a great.
Speaker 10: Challenge from the Houston Texans. I'm gonna say that AFC South turned, yeah into two contenders.
Speaker 8: Liam Cohen, you know, we've talked about it on this show. Coaching matters in this league, and Trevor Lawrence finally has a coach who knows what he's doing, at least on the offensive side of the ball. But they have a really complete team. They have one of the great wins of the season, going to Denver and winning handily. That Jacksonville team. You know, it's the Jags, and there's a little bit of a stigma about him. I wouldn't want to play them though, and they may get Round one off.
Speaker 10: What is going on in Seattle though, I mean other than the fact that they have a well rounded team, a good team, but their quarterback playoff there has been outstanding. When no one else could win with that quarterback, all of a sudden, that guy is winning with him.
Speaker 18: It is a well balanced team. Yeah, sharbon Ay and Kenneth Walker. They remember a name talking about draft names, Gray's Abel was the name we talked about in Cincinnati a lot. He's had a great rookie year for Seattle. Jackson Smith and Jigma has been all world for that team. One of the quiet moves they went and got Cooper Cup. Yeah, who's been solid and it's a great defense. It's it's unique because we.
Speaker 10: Talked about superlatives in the NFL a lot.
Speaker 18: There's probably six names you could throw out who legitimately deserve to be Coach of the Year in the NFL this year.
Speaker 8: I saw tweet last night, listen to nine guys and each one of them Zach Taylor was not one of them.
Speaker 10: Each one of them. I'm thinking that guy's got a good case.
Speaker 8: That guy's got a good case. Watching Seattle last night and their defense versus what we've seen with the Bengals all season.
Speaker 10: It's a different sport.
Speaker 8: It's striking how just fundamentally good they are right, their players are in position, and they get the guy to the ground who's got the football. It's hard, I get it. They make it look easy them In the Houston Texans. It's hard hitting and it's physical and they swarm to the ball. But there's such value in just playing fundamentally sound football, as cliche as it sounds. See that with the Texans. See it defensively with the Seattle Seahawks. Although I do have to think with Gino Stone and his pending free agency, Mike McDonald used to be his defensive.
Speaker 10: Coordinator in Baltimore.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm sure in the back of his mind he's thinking, you know, the guy that can help to us take this to the next level Number twenty two in Cincinnati.
Speaker 10: Really, no, I think so it's that made you speachless. It's also though I thought for a second there, But.
Speaker 18: Also with Seattle, as good as they've been, how many like star players can you name on the defense? If you didn't just watch the game last night, right, they're not full of stars, but like it's it's something I've talked about now. I think for the last three years in Cincinnati, I don't feel like the scheme matches the personnel. In Seattle, the scheme has to match the personnel because they don't have the star power on the defensive side of the ball. But every piece on that defense fits perfectly into what Mike McDonald wants to do, and it's a team that's well ahead of schedule. A lot of people were talking about the Seattle Seahawks. It was, Oh, they went and got Sam Darnold. They're they're gonna, you know, piece it together until they figure out quarterback. They are the one seed in the NFC and they don't have the top tier star.
Speaker 10: Power on defense.
Speaker 8: The division where the La Rams are in the playoffs and the San Francisco forty nine.
Speaker 10: Ers are in the playoffs. Yep, let's talk about the performer of the week. Not necessarily here from Cincinnati, but league wide. It's brought to you by Crown Royal, the official whiskey of the Bengals, bringing the spirit to every game this season. Both of you I'm sure at this at some point in your lives have had a Crown Royal. So if you did, we're gonna have one. It's probably not difficult to pick up the performer of the week.
Speaker 8: We're gonna have one to toast the end of the show, another successful season for us before we get out of here.
Speaker 10: At eleven. I can't do it. I had a an off the field moment with Crown Royal that I promised I would tell you about this week, But go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Who is your performer of the week. I made a Jamar Chase.
Speaker 8: You know, it's interesting if you look at his numbers compared to last year, they pale in comparison. They're still awesome. We talk about like wasting Joe Burrow. They have gotten three stellar seasons from Jamar Chase. He's gonna walk away from here whenever he does as the best wide receiver in the history of the franchise, which is saying something given how good this team historically has been at that position. Finally found the end zone last week one hundred and seventeen catches in counting. Statistically, it wasn't an eye popping game. If you look at the box scorer but I just I wanted to mention it. He found the end zone. Yeah, he's a remarkable player. He's had a great year, and he's among the guys they cannot continue to waste.
Speaker 18: I would performer of the week would be the performance of Arizona as a team to tray an NFL team last week.
Speaker 10: I went to the whole league level.
Speaker 18: You want to talk about wasting years b Jon Robinson, Yes, ninety three yard touchdown run, well over two hundred and twenty five total yards in a upset win over the Rams last week. Which makes today interesting because the Bucks win yesterday. Now you've got the Bucks rooting for their rival, the Saints. You've got the Panthers rooting for their rival the Falcons. Today they play each other. If the Falcons win and Panthers are in Saints win, Bucks are in absolute madness in that division. But wasting the talent of Bjon Robinson unbelievable skill set. Watched them on display because that was a fun game last week. I couldn't imagine the conversation going on around that team and that city and wasting a generational type of talent because you can't build around it.
Speaker 8: And I'll also add Performer of the Week begrudgingly. Derrick Henry. Yeah, because now the Baltimore Ravens are favored to win the AFC North if they win that game tonight in Pittsburgh. The Steelers playing without DK Metcalf. But you know, we've watched the Ravens this year at times, including against Cincinnati in the first game on Thanksgiving, wondering why don't they give him the football? They said screw it. Last Saturday night in Green Bay. Tyler Huntley is a more than capable backup option for any team, but they said, we're giving the ball to Derrick Henry and if we lose, we're done. But he's going to extend our season.
Speaker 10: And he did.
Speaker 8: And if i'm John.
Speaker 10: Harball, oh, they do that with Lamar back tonight.
Speaker 8: Yes, you have to in that game tonight, you absolutely have to. I love watching him play. I'm no Ravens fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I love watching running backs like that in games like that, where they're almost literally putting the team on their shoulders.
Speaker 10: Can I tell you my Crown Royal story? Yeah, it's quick, Okay, so nineteen I think it's eighty nine. I can't. I think it was nineteen eighty nine. I was working at Channel five. I had glory days. Jerry Springer, Yes, got Norma, got pat so they get beat. I think the Seahawks feed him. It was Sam coming out saying, don't come in the locker room. There's a bunch of guys on the floor with body bags and they wouldn't have the meat in. So we're trying to get in and I forget who the photographer was I was with, and I apologized for that. It might have been Scott Simpson, it might have been Rob Brightley, but we needed a new camera battery because our camera battery was dying and we had to have a new camera battery. When they would eventually get us in. I reached into the bag, the equipment bag, to get a battery for him, and I pull it out and my arm goes up and I hit Turk. Shown it oh backup quarterback in the far ahead with this camera battery, and he, after about thirteen minutes, has this welt the size of the Rhode Island on his head for me hitting with the camera battery. In the same game, Chris Collinsworth broke ribs or bruised ribs and he's coming in and he's like staggering in with it. And so we do the interview and all that, and that night got have a room together. Collins Worth's on the couch with an ice bag on his ribs. Turk's on the couch with an ice bag on his head. And I'm back at the station saying, you know, I didn't have anything to do with collins Worth, but I think I hurt Turk. I really want to make it good for Turk, so if he has to take care of Collinsworth. So I said, what should I do? So Pat Berry Lord be good to him. Late Pat Perry says, hey, just get a just get a bottle of curved Royal and take it to Churk. He'll be fun. So I got down to Spinty Field the next Monday and I asked Turk if I can interview him, and he said, yeah, only if I can put the helmet on. I said, Turk, I said, said, And then I said, by the way, I've got this for you. I had him a bottle of Crown Royal. He looked at it, he grabbed it and he ran ran to his car. He's in the parking runs to his cart, puts it in there. I said, are we cool? He goes, yeah, We're cool. No worries. Well done, well done, good. That's my Crown Royal story.
Speaker 8: Turk Schoner was the Bengals postgame show host when I first started at the radio stations. He was and I would have to run the board for Turk and Buddy Ryan. And Buddy Ryan would do the postgame show from his house in Georgetown, Kentucky, and would like fall asleep during breaks. I watch him the four o'clock games and he went a buddy Buddy stand by. Turk Shooner top ten nicest person.
Speaker 10: I've ever met. He is sweet guy. He is Turk. God bless him. He was wonderful. But boy, that could have got south in a hurry. I hit him with a camera brick, So you're gonna knocked and put on the injured list.
Speaker 8: Your Crown Royal story doesn't involve you actually drinking crown.
Speaker 10: It probably involved church during So there's no reason you can't drink some today. Yeah, we're coming up on ten twenty one.
Speaker 8: You can pour some cocon int one.
Speaker 5: It's the or Natty, It's.
Speaker 10: The Arno Carriers pregame show. Live from the Holy Grail at the Banks presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky toy O ten dealers on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 64: It's seven hundred W l W Branchers. You can trust rest Assured. Western and Southern's family of companies is always here. Visit westernsuthern dot com slash rest assured to get started today.
Speaker 5: This January.
Speaker 65: Be a team player and give the gift of life with Hocksworth Blood Center, University of Cincinnati. When you donate blood or platelets, you'll score. You see bear cats puffy vests, perfect for showing off your bear cat pride while staying warm all winter long. With seven convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati, Donating this quick easy and makes a life saving impact. Just a few minutes of your time can mean a lifetime for someone in need. Schedule your donation now at Hawksworth dot org or call five one three four five one zero nine one zero Hawksworth Blood Center saving lives close to home.
Speaker 54: At O'Connor or Chani and Levy. We don't get paid until you do. No upfront fees, no hourly bills. We invest in your case because your fight is our fight. We are your trusted local legal team. Visit Oldashlaw dot com.
Speaker 46: No one does happy hour like Twin Peaks, whatever your preference. We have everything from tequila cocktails and an extensive bourbon category.
Speaker 5: To top shelf spirits and cocktails.
Speaker 10: Served over ice falls.
Speaker 46: Local craft beers and handcrafted whiskey cocktails round out an adventurous drink menu second to none. And don't forget about our twenty nine degree drafts. Twin Peaks Eats, drinks, scenic views.
Speaker 66: Trust Ever Dry Waterproofing to fix your leaky basement or smelly cross space permanently, Gary Sulvan here Forever Dry. They have fixed tens of thousands of basements over the past four forty years. And when I say permanently, I mean it. Their patented system comes with a transferable lifetime warranty. Reclaim that basement space and live in a healthier home by calling Ever Dry Waterproofing.
Speaker 10: Don't put it off. Inspections are free.
Speaker 66: Call five one, three, eight, seven, four seventy two hundred Ever Dry Waterproofing for a healthier, dryer home.
Speaker 10: Now open in Lexington and Louisville.
Speaker 40: Made barts fast need them now? O'Reilly is fast? Just one part that makes O'Reilly autoparts stand apart. Get one free set of brake pads when you buy two, break Best elect Rotors, Upgrade to break Best Select pads for just ten dollars more, or upgrade to break Best electrop or import direct pads for just twenty dollars more. Restrictions apply see store for the tails.
Speaker 8: Oh Almighty.
Speaker 10: Auto Parts.
Speaker 47: When your property needs concrete work that last, call the pros who do it right the first time, quality blacktopping and concrete. Mark Burke and his team are trusted across ter Cincinnati for commercial lives, curbs, sidewalks at stand the test of time, durable, dependable, done right.
Speaker 5: Looking to earn more.
Speaker 30: With your checking account, Kemba has the answer.
Speaker 5: Get green checking pace.
Speaker 30: You up to forty five dollars a month. It's as simple as using your debit card, viewing e statements, and logging into online or mobile banking. Open your account today and earn up to forty five dollars a month with Kemba. For details and qualifications, visit kemba dot com. That's k e mba dot com. Apy equals annual percentageyield monthly example based on earning four percent apy on a daily balance of fifteen thousand dollars throughout a twenty eight day qualification cycle and meeting all qualifications lead subject to change.
Speaker 5: Inter your pan CUA. It's been a while by Stained.
Speaker 8: Aaron Lewis and the State Liners are coming live to the Lawrenceburg Events Center. Catch the powerful voice behind State and his Country hits on Saturday, February twenty eighth.
Speaker 5: Gets your tickets now at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 13: When employers like iHeart and Prosource choose Delta Dental of Ohio, employees can access top quality care from a large nationwide network of Dennis obtained services from a leading provider of dental benefits, building healthy, smart, vibrant communities. Delta dentaloh dot com.
Speaker 10: It is the RNL Carriers pregame Show and we are at the Holy Grail. It's all presented by your Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky toy Oda Dealers and we welcome you back. If you're here, we welcome you in Bowe Eager Tony Pike. Today, there's a few things on the line for the Cleveland Browns, whether or not their coach survives Black Monday tomorrow. There will be a number of openings by tomorrow night, and the question to Shador Sanders, their quarterback of the moment there in Cleveland, was whether or not he and the rest of his team is playing to keep Kevin Stefanski's job. Here's what he had to say. Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 67: I don't think we listened to the external stuff. I don't think we he's our coach. We view him as the same as we view him the first week. You know, we got to unmost respect for him.
Speaker 10: And uh yeah, Like I.
Speaker 67: Think that's more media stuff that's more outside noise than knowing. I mean, half of them know we're gonna be here next year, you know what I'm saying. So it's like we don't we don't really look at that. You know, we played, we played for the franchise, we played for our coaches, we played for the names on the front and back of our jersey. So it's like it's more than just like stuff that's just online.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, we all know what's going on in Cleveland. It probably will be a changing of the guard, I think with that with that coaching staff, although I like Jim Schwartz. Yeah, maybe he survives. I don't know, but it seems like Stefanski's on thin ice up there. He's been there six years.
Speaker 8: He's one of those guys like I asked this all the time about Zach Taylor or Zach Taylor will let go? Would other teams be interested in hiring him as head coach? I think with Kevin Stefanski, the answer is yes.
Speaker 10: Well, there was literally talk of a trade between teams coaching, trade between our draft picks for coach trade. So he's well regarded inside the NFL, but he's in an impossible suchuation in Cleveland, just in.
Speaker 18: One of those situations where you just wonder if the time and place is time to move on right, Like like you said, Stefanski is if he's let go tomorrow, he has a new job as quick as he wants it. He's going to have multiple suitors, and I think that speaks to his talent and what he can do. But maybe the voice in that locker room is needed to have a change. You talk about Cleveland though, they're gonna have the defensive rookie of the year. They have I thought hit a home run with Judkins before the injury, so you're gonna get him back. You still have Miles Garrett. They've drafted really well. They have to figure out the quarterback position. But I don't think Cleveland is as far back as maybe their record would indicate. They played three different quarterbacks this year. They've still got to figure out that John Watson's contract and what the future is there.
Speaker 10: Offensive line is a little bit.
Speaker 18: They've drafted well and still a extremely extremely talented defense. And if you look at where the AFC North is, there's a game that's going to be played tonight where the losing team may very well also have a coaching vacancy. So I think the AFC North is transforming into a little bit of a different stage where you talk about the talent on the roster and the coaching. The Bengals could put themselves in a good spot starting next year with other questions in this division.
Speaker 8: I would be willing to back Kevin Stefanski was not responsible for that disastrous Deshaun Watson deal, so unfortunately he's probably gonna be the fall guy for it. We do a segment on the pregame show, the Network pregame show Tony where we talk about quarterback play, focusing on the other team's QB. What about shandor Sanders because Cleveland's not going to draft in the top two, right, so they're not going to get Mendoza. How do you I was surprised that Chador fell as far as he did in the draft. I could understand why he wasn't a first round guy. Has he done enough in clear to make you think he could be the guy long term?
Speaker 18: I think using the word could is appropriate. I think he's been really good, but he's not been good enough to be like you got your guy. I think he's shown flashes, and I think for the most part, the way he's handled himself has been the right way.
Speaker 10: He said the right things.
Speaker 18: But yeah, it's it's hard because now you're doing it without your top wide receiver and Fannin, Yeah you're you're doing it without Judkins. You just have this depleted roster and all these questions. I don't know how you can fairly judge what he's being asked to do. But when you watch him, it's not like you watch and saving that guy's got no chance of playing in the National Football League. I just think you need more time to evaluate it.
Speaker 8: Also, feel like the way they handled the offseason, I think it would be interesting if you could go back in time and create a scenario where Shadora You're the guy instead of or we're gonna go get Kenny Pickett then move on from him in Flacoh, we're gonna draft Dylan Gabriel. I could under stand why teams were a little bit hesitant as it relates to Shador Sanders because of everything around him that said, He's not a talentless guy. You've seen some of that talent play itself out. I would wonder if in a scenario where he was kind of given a chance from the get go, you're gonna take all the first team reps, You're gonna go through training camp and be the guy, what would that have looked like during his rookie season.
Speaker 10: Yeah, great question, standing by to answer other questions.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, Paramount sports dot Com.
Speaker 10: He's got four games he's convinced or winners for you four and we'll all continue with that. At just a moment, it's party Central down here as we get ready for Crown Royal baby Party Central kind of like a wake. What do you think about? What the season is? The celebration of life. It will die at four o'clock this afternoon, one way or the other this season died months ago, so this is kind of like it was on life support. But I feel like this is today. We pulled the plug. This is a this is today. When you call the family in say it's over, twenty twenty five, it's done. So this is kind of like the celebration of twenty twenty five. Does that make sense? No, you're listening to the RNL carriers back in the show Live from the Holy Grail at the Banks, presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky toy oder Dealers on esp had fifteen thirty and seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 17: Who Day News, Traffic and Women. This is a Game Day news updates.
Speaker 1: What's next for Nicholas Maduro and his wife. This is the ten thirty report. I'm Sandy Collin's breaking now.
Speaker 2: It's been just barely twenty four hours after the US military action in Venezuela captured Venezuelan and President Nicholas Maduro and his wife. They're now in a federal jail in Manhattan this morning. They're facing drug and conspiracy charges. President Trump now saying that the US will run Venezuela until there is a transition of power. Trump Busser says that he has not ruled out putting boots on the ground. ABC NEWSCN, your White House correspondent Selena Wang, and the President, are you saying.
Speaker 3: That Secretary heg Seth and Rubio are going to be running Venezuela? And will you be sending a US military troops to provide.
Speaker 4: That's working with the people of Venezuela to make sure that we have Venezuela right because for us to just leave, who's going to take over?
Speaker 5: I mean, there is nobody to take over.
Speaker 2: Venezuela's vice president is demanding the immediate release of Maduro and his wife's saying that Venezuela has a duty to safeguard its sovereignty that's been attacked. Now, traffic and weather together on this Sunday morning. Traffic looks good right now, no unusual delays, no weather related problems.
Speaker 1: And no accidents reported on the tri State highways.
Speaker 6: Now the latest forecast from the Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Weather Center Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Better for less.
Speaker 7: We do end up getting a decent amount of sunshine today and tempters will warm all the way up to the mid to upper thirties. Upper forties for your Monday's high. Tuesday, we're back in the fifties from a severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on News Radio seven hundred WL.
Speaker 2: The Bengals game day forecast today built by American Hometech, A strong defense starts with a solid roof American Hometech dot com clear and CRISP twenty seven degrees Here in Cincinnati, Cincinnati police are investigating an overnight shooting near Government Square. This happened Saturday morning about two. They found a victim on East fifth Street with a gunshot wounded the back. The crime scene was located just steps away from the Potter Stewart US Courthouse and just a block from Fountain Square. Had victim taken to the hospital. The condition has not been released. Investigators have not identified a suspect or motive at this time. An accidental shooting in Claremont County sending a child to the hospital. The juvenile was hit in the head when a gun apparently discharged unintentionally at Kids at Cincinnati Children's and was conscious and breathing during the whole ordeal. The investigation is going to determine if any charges will be filed. Both parents were at home at the time in that shooting.
Speaker 1: A man hunter is.
Speaker 2: Underway after a suspect fled the scene of a SWAT standoff in the villages at Royal Hill since I Police responded to the reports of shots fired on President Drive Saturday afternoon. The shooter barricaded himself inside a home for over an hour while officers deployed multiple flashbanks to force a surrender. However, the suspect ultimately managed to escape the perimeter. Police are now interviewing a resident on the street for clues about the man's whereabouts.
Speaker 1: No injuries were reported in the standoff.
Speaker 2: And Bengal's update for the game this afternoon with the Browns, their coach Kevin Stefanski could be coaching his very final game as a Cleveland Brown's head coach as they faced the Bengals at Paycourt for Ports aard that his job status depends on the team's performance in this season finale. The Browns enter the game last in the AFC North with one of the league's worst offenses. Cincinnati's already beaten Cleveland once this season. I'm Sandy Collins.
Speaker 1: Next update at eleven on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 68: Backslaw Tractor is Cincinnati's Cabota Headquarters, Tractors, skid steers, More's UTVs and more.
Speaker 10: They have it all.
Speaker 68: Stop by their showrooms for a Caboda today, visit online at baxslow track dot com.
Speaker 69: Chuck, it's the final push before winner. Get your fall clean up done right. Driveway dumpsters most popular sizes are now just two nine nine for two full weeks.
Speaker 10: Don't wait. Book your fall special.
Speaker 69: At d dumpsters dot com.
Speaker 10: Get inosone.
Speaker 37: Charlie's battery is struggling to start not ideal before the tailgate, so he goes to AutoZone. Welcome to AutoZone, where friendly autozoner test is battery for free.
Speaker 5: Looks like he needs a new one, so he gets the door last battery, have fun and stay warm, and he makes.
Speaker 37: It to the tailgate early enough to get his favorite spot. Free battery testing and charging no hassles, just help get in soon. Zone restrictions apply.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's mo Legger Football Season's here, and you know there's no better place to catch every game than long Neck Sports Grill with Waterwall TV's ice cold drinks and mouthwatering wings. Long Necks is your home turf for every touchdown, ackle and tailgate. So bring your crew to Long Next, grab a seat and enjoy all the action with great food, great vibes, and unbeatable specials all season. Longnexsports Grill, where fans gather and game days come Alive. Visit any of their three locations Hebrin, Richwood and Wilder Longnexsports Grill, Stay Long, Come often.
Speaker 10: Rocky here.
Speaker 5: Give your home the gift of comfort and savings.
Speaker 15: At Guilky Window Company, get up to twenty five percent off our energy efficient fiberglass and vinyl windows, plus no interest for twenty four months.
Speaker 5: Call Gilky Windows today or visit Guilty dot Com.
Speaker 70: At First State Bank, we think it's nice to have someone else in your corner. After all, there's nothing like having the right account at a bank that believes in you. First State Bank built unbelief. Visit FSB the number four me dot com member FDIC.
Speaker 5: Five thousand dollars.
Speaker 71: That's the average amount of money people in the US are now spending on gas in a year, five grand.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 71: If you drive, you have to download Upside, the free app that gives you cash back every time you get gas.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 71: You can earn real cash back with Upside just by buying the gas you're already buying. You can literally start earning cash back today.
Speaker 5: I use Upside every time I fill up. I've already made around to three hundred dollars. You're putting gas in your car anyway, why not get real cash back. If you like free money, download Upside.
Speaker 48: I'm saving the cash Iron from using Upside to help pay for a vacation later this year.
Speaker 71: Download the free Upside app now to earn cash back every time you buy gas. Use promo code Royal twenty five to get an extra twenty five cents per gallon on your first tank. You can cash out any time, write your bank, PayPal, or a gift card for Amazon and other brands. Just download the free Upside app and use promo code Royal twenty five for a twenty five cents per gallon bonus on your first tank. That's code Royal twenty five for a twenty five cents per gallon bonus.
Speaker 10: Welcome back. It's the RDEL Carriers pregame shows live from the Holy Grail on the banks of the Mighty Ohio River. It's all presented by yourself, Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers with Moegger and Tony Pike. I'm ken Brew and now stand by. We're up next. As he is every single Sunday during the season at this time, is our good friend from Paramount sports dot com, the man who says listen to him and you too will be a winner. Let's welcome on in, Lee Sterling. How are you on this glorious game day.
Speaker 72: Well, it's a good thing we didn't do the show on Thursday or Friday. Lost my voice after going to the Miami Ohio State came in Dallas.
Speaker 19: So oh boy, we're finally back. We're about eighty five.
Speaker 10: That was a great game for Miami. My goodness, Miami is there. I think Indiana is the best team left. Miami is the hottest team left. Would you agree?
Speaker 72: Uh, Indiana might be the best day in the hottest right now, but Mimi not far behind.
Speaker 19: So I'm not going to be able to go out to Arizona.
Speaker 72: We'll see if we get the job and comes back in Miami could be playing a home game for the national titles. So yeah, and we'll definitely have some new teams.
Speaker 19: All four teams have.
Speaker 72: Really done nothing you know, over the last twenty twenty five years, So it's nice.
Speaker 19: Most people like to see some new blood in there every once in a while.
Speaker 10: Well, they got the Colts in Texans. Today they're playing this in Houston. Houston is giving ten and a half jackson Houston. Houston wins with the AFC South title. They win it with a win or a tie and a Houston lost their tie. Houston will win and the Jags lost their end. But here are the Texans lee they won, they won eight in a row and they're giving ten and a half to the Colts. What do you think Not only did.
Speaker 72: They won eight row, they've had to play eleven straight weeks. They had their buy early, so I think they got to be you know, obviously watching the scores. A lot of teams are gonna be score watching and that's gonna be important. A lot of inflated lines here, and when you're laying you know, as big a line as this, I mean, when do they take the starters out if they see Jacksonville's.
Speaker 19: Winning big, which I think will happen.
Speaker 72: Also, Riley Leonard, I think going to him is the right choice here. You know that Houston pass rush is career, fierce number one defense, and they just couldn't put Philip Rivers and Harms way. You know, he gave it a try. But this is a team that you know, coming out of the break and they just thrower and seven. They can't get the job done after thereby. So I think Riley Leonard is gonna be able to do enough to move the chains. I think Houston wins this game something like I think you take the points here in Indianapolis, They're they're setting you up. Don't fall for the scrap. Take the Colts here. Houston minus to points is a huge, big, big time.
Speaker 19: Trap play as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 18: Lee another bigger spread this afternoon and another team that will be scoreboard watching the New England Patriots. I thought one of the most workmanlike wins of the NFL season last week with what Drake May did against that Jets defense. They host the Dolphins, the numbers eleven and a half. As we mentioned, Patriots are still playing for a lot here this NFL season. What do you make of the line and the Patriots Dolphins?
Speaker 72: Oh you you nailed it there, And I think the Dolphins, you know, it's a little bit of a farce. You look at the teams that they've beaten. They really have not beaten any good teams.
Speaker 19: Of late, so they just happened, you know, have to face some bad.
Speaker 72: Teams and to getting him out at a harm's way. He's not the future here, quinn Ewers.
Speaker 19: I think he's going to be a solid backup nothing more.
Speaker 72: New England gets that number one spot with a Denver loss here, and I think they're gonna build a lead here, maybe seventeen to twenty points by that time.
Speaker 19: He is the MVP in my opinion this year, and I think they end up, you know, taking their foot off the gas.
Speaker 72: But I think they're gonna be up so big here, and this might be the game here quinn Ewers where he throws three or four picks here and you finally realize he just can't take the next step. Also, a Chan is going to be out for Miami and he's been there driving force guys like Waddle. I mean, he gets he gets you. You virtually tackle the guy or touch him and he's out for the rest of the game.
Speaker 19: Seems like every game, So I like New England. Sometimes you gotta lay it if you want to play it. Patriots thirty four to thirteen.
Speaker 8: Winner take all tonight in the AFC North Baltimore at Pittsburgh. Steelers won't have DK Metcalf again. Steelers did win the first game in Baltimore, but they are getting points at home tonight.
Speaker 10: Lee, Who do we like?
Speaker 19: I mean, you look at who's on deck here for Pittsburgh. I mean Aaron Rodgers trying his best but only generated four point three yards per pass attempt against the Browns last week.
Speaker 72: Rogers has left throwing to a thirty five year old Adam feel and yeah, thirty one year old Marquez Valdez scandling tight end Darnell Washington.
Speaker 19: He was lost last week, but that broke an arm. DJs t K mecap really hurt his team here. And the defense, you know, they've got them great names, but you watch them, they're not getting the same production.
Speaker 72: Their pass rushers can't get off, you know, blocks like they used to.
Speaker 19: And guys can't make tackles in space like they used to. On the back end here, I like Baltimore.
Speaker 72: Whoever plays quarterback, I don't think it makes a difference. Lamar Jackson Bee starts great. You know, you know they I think that they're fine, they're more big play potential.
Speaker 19: I like Baltimore twenty seven to.
Speaker 10: Fourteen, twenty seven fourteen Ravens lay were in a new year, twenty twenty six. That's new things at Paramount Sports. What's going on? How do you take us into the new millennium?
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's jack pot. January started off.
Speaker 72: I've not had a losing day for three days of January, so look to keep it rolling.
Speaker 10: You want to run with us here it is.
Speaker 72: I haven't had a losing month now in twenty seven months in football.
Speaker 19: So go to Paramount sports dot com.
Speaker 72: Use coupon code save two hundred at the checkout box when you're checking out now forty ninety seven.
Speaker 19: This show only just two hundred and ninety seven dollars. We'll get every game from today. We'll get four big collections.
Speaker 72: And also you got so a two weeks left the college football playoff, the entire playoffs, in the NFL.
Speaker 10: In the Super Bowl.
Speaker 72: Use that couponk CO save two hundred, just two hundred and ninety seven dollars, amoutports dot com.
Speaker 10: I love it, absolutely love it all right. So today's game that has gripped the entire Nation Lee the four to twelve Browns and the six and ten Bengals. Bengals are giving seven and a half. How do you handicap a game like this where you don't really know what the agenda is for each team. I would think this is a tough one to handicap.
Speaker 72: It is, but I just have this feeling in watching Shador Sanders and he's shown some signs of being a capable NFL quarterback, but he's trying to force too many plays here with third and four string players all over the field. He's own seven interceptions in the last three weeks here, and you know, he's just Haunt launching some hail Mary's at some point. And you know, I think the key emphasis for them is they want to get Miles Garrett that sack here.
Speaker 19: So that's what losing franchises do.
Speaker 72: On the other side, is this going to be, you know, question mark Joe Burrow's last.
Speaker 19: Game is a Cincinnati Bengal.
Speaker 72: I personally don't think the top quarterbacks here that are in the draft coming out are game changers here for the Jets and the Raiders. So some teams, even like my Dolphins, might be in the market to trade for him. So he's sending out crypto vessages here, but I think he is laser focused. He wants to go out on top if it is his last game as a Bengal. If not, he wants to finish the season strong.
Speaker 19: And look what they've done.
Speaker 72: Uh, you know, over seventy percent covering against the spread when he starts here.
Speaker 19: Bengals victory here, thirty four to seven of the Browns Ley.
Speaker 10: You just you just gave sports talk radio something to talk about this week. Well, we'll see. I don't know. I hope it's not. I I tend to think it's not. I don't tend to think it's not. But you know, as they say, the only thing constant sports is change. Uh hey man, great stuff. As always. We'll see how it all plays out. Take care and get your voice back.
Speaker 19: Okay, guys, take care, be saved.
Speaker 10: Thanks Lee, Lee Sturling. Let's stir the pot. Lee, that's what we need. That's just what we need to. Well, that's going to carry you guys for a couple of days. Appreciate it. Yeah, thanks Lee.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because we got we got time now, it's all.
Speaker 10: We got got time now. Oh got baby?
Speaker 19: All right?
Speaker 10: I want to play a little game here. I'll see if we need to take a break. Ten forty seven. We got a little time here. Here's what happened on this day Sports history brought to you by Pellow Windows Indoors Making life brighter Pella Now pay later, bo What happened historically on this date.
Speaker 8: Nineteen fifty eight, On their way to a NIT championship, the Xavier Musketeers would knock off Louisville in triple overtime WOW at Schmidfield House, beating the Cardinals by a score of eighty two Wow to eighty. It was on this date nineteen sixty one route to being the NBA's Rookie of the Year. Oscar Robertson trump thirty two, Jack Twyman pored in thirty, Wayne Embry future GM and the Cavaliers would score twenty nine and the Royals went on to beat the Syracuse Nationals one thirty four to one twenty six. It was on this date in nineteen ninety two eight battle of teams that would appear in the Final four, Indiana who come to the Shoemaker Center and beat the Bearcats, heading them one of their four regular season losses eighty one to sixty. Remember that Calbert Chanyan Big game was on this date in twenty fourteen, Bengals lose in the postseason to the Indianapolis Colts Andrew lockthrough for over three hundred yards. Bengals had kind of a skeleton team that year with a ton of injuries. They fall to the Colts twenty six to ten, making it four consecutive years the Bengals exit in round one of the postseason. It was on this date in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 10: It was the postseason.
Speaker 8: Yes, it was on this date in twenty eighteen. Jacob Evans with a game winning jumper from the top of the key with point four seconds to go in Philadelphia helps the Bearcats to a fifty five fifty three road win over the Temple Owls.
Speaker 10: And it was one year ago tonight.
Speaker 8: Trey Hendrickson three and a half sacks Bengals keep their playoff hopes alive and wrap up a winning season for a fourth consecutive year with a nineteen to seventeen primetime road win over the Pittsburgh Steeling.
Speaker 10: You did some research on this, I did had some time.
Speaker 8: I'd some time in Memphis.
Speaker 10: It was on this state in nineteen seventy seven. Could I just throw this in please I The Houston Arrows skated in to Riverfront Coliseum and the Stingers promptly thumped them five to three.
Speaker 19: Wow.
Speaker 10: The attendance was the lowest in Stingers history. Four thousand and forty eight. Robbie Vittorik, who went on that season, scored fifty nine goals with fifty assists for one hundred and nine points. He belongs in the Hockey Hall of Fame.
Speaker 8: Would go on to be the head coach of the New Jersey Devils.
Speaker 19: Right.
Speaker 10: And Paul Stewart, who was only with the team for forty games two hundred and forty one penalty minutes. Yeah, Paul Stewart was a goon that went on to become an NHL referee and skated for the Stingers on two separate occasions. Pretty interesting thing about that. Well, I'm just saying I like it. I mean, it's a little.
Speaker 8: Different, but that's part of Cincinnati sports history.
Speaker 10: That's right. So it's not just it's never just one thing that happened on this state. Can think of all the things that are going to happen today in Cincinnati sports.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's the that's the exciting part at one o'clock, But getting out of bed every morning, that's the first thing that I think, Well, you think of all the things that are going to happen today.
Speaker 10: You're listening to the RNL Carriers pregame show. It's live from the Holy Grail at the Banks, presented by your Cincinnati at Northern Kentucky Toyotes.
Speaker 8: Sometimes I wake up and I go, what the hell happened to me last night?
Speaker 10: Sometimes I look in the mirror and I say, who the hell is this guy at my house? And addity get inad on ESPN fifteen to thirty. It's seven hundred a WLW.
Speaker 18: Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Bill Weber and I'm Adam Weber of a doorn Window.
Speaker 73: We've grown a lot over the years, but we've always remained a hometown company.
Speaker 74: We work hard every day to be the tray State's first choice in garage doors, intra doors openers, windows and awnings.
Speaker 73: From cloth a garage doors to liftmaster openers and more. We've got the best products at the best prices and the best team of technicians.
Speaker 5: Learn more at ae door Sales dot com.
Speaker 51: Less A.
Speaker 34: Holiday Traditions Live at Cincinnati Museum Center Experience the wid to Wonderland of Holiday Junction featuring the Duke Energy Holiday Trains, a Cincinnati tradition. Now and it's seventy nine season plus, give the gift a discovery with twenty percent off memberships all season long. Cincinnati Museum Center your home for holiday memories.
Speaker 10: Furniture fairs.
Speaker 75: Massive New Year's Sale has been extended. Shop the guaranteed Lois price on furniture and matrices. Let's get twelve months no interest financing and free furniture in every department by any reclining, sofa and love seat. Get a matching recliner free, Buy one mattress, get one equal or lesser value free or by any recliner, and get a chair side table free. Don't miss the final days of savings. The New Year's Saltles extended only at Furniture Fair.
Speaker 76: The Holy Grail is your headquarters for all the college hoops and all the college playoffs. Join WLW and ESPN, host Moegger, Tony Pike, and ken Brew before any Bengals home game. The Grail is also your home when the Clones are on home ice, Before and after all the Cyclones games. Bearcats xu UK the Cyclones Bengals.
Speaker 5: It's great food and great action all winter. The Holy Grail. Your search is over.
Speaker 11: From the schmid Heating Tempstar Weather Center. Here's your forecast temperatures.
Speaker 7: This afternoon, we'll climb to the mid to upper thirties with mostly sunny skies. Tonight, we drop down to the mid twenties. Wind shift out of the south though tomorrow and that gives us above average temperatures. We'll top out in the upper forties, close to fifty. That's your nine first one and forecastime meteorlogist Cameron Harden.
Speaker 77: This report is sponsored by indeed dot Com Indeed sponsor jobs. Give your job posting a turbo boost match with the candidates you're looking for, making your hiring simple. Visit indeed dot Com slash credit Again, that's Indeed dot Com slash credit.
Speaker 78: Postman Law has delivered more than three billion dollars in verdicts and settles for injured clients. When you're hurt, insurance companies have teams of lawyers working against you.
Speaker 5: You need a team that knows how to fight back and win.
Speaker 78: We take on the adjusters, the paperwork, and the medical bills so you don't have to When it matters. Most Postman Law delivers results. Call eight four to four Postmen or visit Postman law dot com. Others promise Postman delivers.
Speaker 5: Call eight four to four Postman Attorney advertising.
Speaker 10: You gotta put on my dances shoes.
Speaker 8: The story that you were about to tell me all fair?
Speaker 5: Can you tell it on Aaron No.
Speaker 10: Welcome back to the Rnel Carriers pregame shows live from the Holy Grail of the Banks. It's presented by your Cincinnati, a Northern Kentucky Toyota dealer. Let's talk about tonight's spot or today's spotlight player, brought to you by Furniture Fair. Get the guaranteed low price orient is free at Furniture Fair. Tony, who is your spot line player in this tilt today? Everyone on the offensive line for the Cincinnati Bengals. Because Miles Garrett's gonna probably go up against everyone on the offensive line, they are going to move Miles Garrett around to every single position on the defensive line to try to get him that sack record. It should never be a situation today where you are one on one with Miles Garrett. They should be offering help. They should keep it back end.
Speaker 18: They should bring Drew sample in, bring Cody Ford in, put him in the backfield. I don't care Miles Garrett's gonna move around today. It is the job of those offensive linemen to keep number nine upright.
Speaker 8: I'll put the spotlight on Chase Brown, who's fifty three yards away from his first one thousand yard season. He is one hundred and thirty four yards away from hitting the fifteen hundred yard mark from scrimmage. They've got an interesting decision to make this offseason about Chase Brown because he is a running back, and we all know how the league views running backs. We all know the investment the Bengals have made in their offensive way up and read. But he's a legitimate piece in this offense and it's they They have a lot of guys they have to go get, but they also have some decisions to make about players as a part of that twenty twenty three draft class. Miles Murphy is one of them. DJ Turner is one of them. Players that you want back next year, but are you willing to invest in them beyond next season. Chase Brown is one of them, but I'd like to see him hit that those two milestones today.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think I think all those players are in the spotlight. Tony said the offensive line that players that have played well in the last three weeks against subpar teams, does that continue today and does that factor in more than it should in the offseason. Don't know about that. I'm gonna say, shad Or Sanders, he goes, I've seen enough quarterbacks that look like that it's their first day in long pants and come in here and beat the Bengals. I mean, you know, history, sure, so I want to see what this guy really is all about, probably as much as the general manager of the the Browns want to see what this guy is all about. Zach Taylor earlier this week on shad Or Sanders.
Speaker 79: You know, I'm never gonna call myself a Colorado fan, and I was watching their games, you know, as a Nebraska guy. So you know, I thought that he did a great job, you know, and collaboration with a lot of other people that that really did a great job at Colorado. And so then for him to come in the league and as a rookie have success, I think it's really impressive. And so again we've got a tough task in front of us, and he's done a real good job, and he's got confidence, he's he's obviously got a lot of reps inter his belt now and he's been a lot of plays for these guys.
Speaker 10: So that's our spotlight player of the week.
Speaker 8: Dian'll be at the game today.
Speaker 10: Why wouldn't it be? I would? I would my son was quarterback in an NFL team and my team wasn't playing, I'd be at every game. One might practice.
Speaker 8: One might argue, with the transfer portal open that Dion would be best serve upgrading what was a bad roster at Colorado this year. But no, you've put the staffs for certainly blame him for coming to watch this way.
Speaker 10: I could see that too, But still a pretty big deal.
Speaker 8: No doubt about it. Then, But Dion back in the town where he played ball, it's coming, or he could have played football, they Mike brim Ah, My goodness.
Speaker 10: Either the The other thing I think I want to talk about at this point is whether or not Garrett does get the sack record and whether or not regardless of where they play him. Uh, does he just get the record or does he have a multiple sack day? If you had to make money on it, which you can on any website, what would you do, Tony.
Speaker 18: I would say that he gets the record. You you want to talk about it. He's already got an unbelievable motor. Yeah, you're talking about it, the motor of Miles Garrett today understanding this is his last opportunity and who knows if you ever get this opportunity again to at your name in the record books in a single season.
Speaker 10: I can't imagine what his get off is going to be like today. How many sat? How many does he get today? Yeah? To pay you had to pick a number the over under on sacks. I would set the over under at one and a half and I'd probably say over. I'd probably put him at two.
Speaker 8: Especially man for last week was held sackless. I think he gets to today when he talked about this already. It just if I had to see him get too against Jake brown If I was in charge, he'd be sacking Jake Browning or a guy off the street, not Joe Burrow. Zach Taylor called him the best defensive player in football, and I agree with that. I think about like when he got drafted, there was this boise. He has got other interests. He's into other things. He likes dinosaurs. Is he really going to be committed to football? Boy?
Speaker 10: How dumb do those folks though? Exactly?
Speaker 55: So?
Speaker 10: You got Miles, Garrett, Max Crosby, Trey Hendrickson. I'm just wondering these big offseason contracts that and Hendrickson. We know his story wasn't a contract, it was in an extension. Arenegotiated extension. But the fact that the matter is, did the Bengals make the right decision with Hendrickson knowing what happened to him this season, knowing that they don't like to gamble with players over thirty years old? You look at Garrett, Terripic, Crosby got hurt. Did they make the right decision? Yes?
Speaker 5: I think the answers are yes and no.
Speaker 8: I think as it relates to twenty twenty six and beyond, you're seeing why they hesitated. He's an older player who runs the risk of injury. He has been very durable, but the older you advance, the more likely you are to suffer injury, and that's why they didn't invest in him beyond twenty twenty five. I just wonder what it would have looked like had they traded him when the offseason really got underway. Last year, what could they have gotten and what would that look like for this year's team?
Speaker 10: And beyond well, there was no way on God's green earth, as far as I could see, that anybody was going to give up two first round draft picks for Trey Henderson and even at the deadline they probably could have gotten somewhere early second day pick.
Speaker 18: It also becomes one of the one of the top talking points after today's game. Facis because as much as do you pay him, do you not pay him? It was the distraction that came along with Trey Hendrickson that became more of an issue. He held his own press conference in golf attire.
Speaker 10: At Bengals training camp. It was a back and forth all off season, right.
Speaker 18: The one thing we talked about the way this roster needs to be constructed in the offseason. They've got to find a way to eliminate all the other distractions over the court and Shamar Stewart distraction, the Trey Hendrickson distraction. They've got to be able to just get back to football and building this roster and eliminate the rest.
Speaker 10: I agree, we got to take a break. You're listening to the RNL carriers pregame show Live from the Holy Grail on the banks of the Mighty Ohio. And it's presented by You're Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers on ESPN fifteen thirty and seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 17: It's worthy, Orange and Black, cy Cincinnati News, Traffic and winning.
Speaker 10: This is a Game Day News updated.
Speaker 2: Why didn't the administration notify Congress of the Maduro mission? This is the eleven o'clock pregame report. I'm Sandy Collins breaking now. Yesterday's military mission to capture Venezuelan President Nicholas Maduro and his wife to face drug trafficking charges in the US has drawn a lot of criticism from Congress because they were not notified. Homeland Security Secretary Mark or Rubio came on ABC's This Week This Morning to dive deeper into that mission and see what comes next. Secretary Rubio explained why they chose not to see congressional authority before moving ahead with this mission.
Speaker 80: It wasn't necessary because this is not an invasion. We didn't occupy a country. This was an arrest operation. This is a law enforcement operation. He was arrested on the ground in Venezuela by FBI agents read his right and removed from the country.
Speaker 2: The alst did self proclaimed president of Venezuela, could be arranged under charges as early as Monday. Nicholas Maduro being held at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, that facility well known for housing high profile prisoners like Luigimi Andngioni Gallaine, Maxwell, Sean Diddycomb's and El Chapo Guzman. Now traffic and weathered together on this Sunday morning. Traffic looks good right now. No unusual delays, no weather related problems, and no accidents reported on the tri State Highways.
Speaker 6: Now the latest warchat from the Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Weather Center Jake Sweeney Chevrolet.
Speaker 10: Better for less.
Speaker 7: We do end up getting a decent amount of sunshine today and tempters will warm all the way up to the mid to upper thirties, upper forties for your Monday's high. Tuesday, we're back in the fifties from a severe weather station. I'm nine first warning Meuterologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Cold in twenty seven degrees this morning.
Speaker 2: In news Radio seven hundred WLW, America's allies have mixed emotions about the US capture of Venezuelan President Nicholas Maduro. The Prime Minister of CA and It says they support a Venezuelan led transition process that respects the democratic will of the people there. Mexico's Foreign Ministry on Saturday released an urgent call to respect international law and to seize any active aggression against the government in Venezuela and the people in Britain. The Prime Minister said that the UK shed no tears over the end of Maduro's regime, but it would need to discuss the evolving situation with their US counterparts. Here in Cincinnati, a cash reward is being offered to find the killer of Quinary Reed. That's the eleven year old little girl playing with her cousin shot down at a West End park this week.
Speaker 29: Police found her injured near the Laurel Playground around six thirty pm, and she later died at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. The ATF is working with Cincinnati police and using all available resources to bring the offender to justice. Anyone with information can email ATF, tips at ATF dot gov, or contact local crime stoppers. I'm Brady Hopkins news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati police have released a photo of a man they're looking for a suspect in a boilonious assault that happened at Government Square yesterday. The altercation started after both of the two got off of a bus, and it ended with the victim being punched in the face. The suspect appears to be left handed a black mail with a beard and wearing a tan.
Speaker 1: Coat and hoodie.
Speaker 2: And Marvel fans are getting news that actress Evangeline Lily has brain damage after fainting and falling face first into a boulder last year. Lily released the news on Instagram and a video explaining what comes next for her. The forty six year old Lily now says her job is to deal and heal. In sports, Houston came to town to beat Cincinnati Bearcat sixty seven to sixty on the hardwood. Then Xavier fell to the feet of DePaul. Bengals update Bengals kick off at one o'clock today. All the action right here with Dan Horde and Dave Lapham weather. It's perfect for football, sonny, and about thirty five degrees at kickoff. The Bengals game day forecast today built by American hometach a strong defense starts with a solid Roofica home Tech dot Com.
Speaker 1: I'm Sandy Collins.
Speaker 2: This is the pregame report on news radio seven hundred WLW football fans.
Speaker 81: The year End Sales Event is here at Mike Castracy Ford in Milford and Alexandria.
Speaker 5: It happens only.
Speaker 10: Once a year.
Speaker 81: This is in You can get zero percent financing for sixty months and not make your first payment until March of twenty twenty six. When you buy a new twenty twenty five at Series Truck, Light Duty or Super Duty. The year end Sales event is here and it's time to save. Only at Mike Castracy Forward.
Speaker 82: Bill Cunningham Air for Tri State Gastro in Northern Kentucky. Calling cancer is preventable. The doctors and staff at Tri State Gastro makes screenings easy and comfortable. Being an independent practice, they can possibly save you thousands of dollars and your life. Visit Tri Stategastro dot net and schedule your visit today.
Speaker 55: Toyota Thoni is on wrap up the year with a new Toyota now through January fifth. Get three thousand dollars customer cash on remaining new twenty five ton dress or get zero point nine to nine APR financing plus one thousand dollars TFS APR cash with approof credit through TFS excludes TRDPRO APR cash must be applied to deal and every new Toyota comes with two years no cost maintenance. For complete details, go to Toyota dot com. Toyota, Let's go places.
Speaker 83: At Wings and Rings, we know that value is everything. That's why your favorite Cincinnati wing destination offers daily savings. Monday kids eat free, Tuesdays enjoy forty percent off boneless and traditional wings all day long, and happy hour specials from three pm to six pm every weekday.
Speaker 5: At Wings and Rings.
Speaker 47: I'm here with Jason Heckman, owner of Rebath Cincinnati. How fast can a bathroom really be transformed with Rebath? It only takes a couple of days, not weeks. I can tell you first hand experience. Rebath is a game changer. Rebath dot com.
Speaker 16: Visit Robertstruck Sales dot com to view our inventory of single and tend them daycabs, sleeper Boxanyard trucks, as well as forklefts. All units are pre owned, fleet maintained vehicles featuring some of the most reliable industry brands and models. At Roberts Truck Sales, we are committed to delivering exceptional customer service and unbeatable value. Check out Robertstruck Sales dot com and use the map feature to find a location near you. That's Roberts Trucksales dot com to learn more.
Speaker 10: It's football season and Little Miami Brewing at Old Milford is the place to be. Catch every play on big screens, crush some craft brews, and dive into kilder pieces and sandwiches. Game days starts here.
Speaker 44: Looking for IT solutions that deliver results. On Core Technologies has you covered. We specialize in secure data management, cloud services, and innovative IT strategies tailored to your business needs. Our team of experts works tirelessly to ensure your technology infrastructure is robust and reliable. Visit OnCore dot tech to learn more about our comprehensive IT services. Encore Technologies driving your business forward with cutting edge solutions.
Speaker 10: Let's sit it out of the park together. Hi, I'm Bill.
Speaker 5: Webber and I'm Adam Weber of Adorn Window.
Speaker 73: We've grown a lot over the years, but we've always remained a hometown company.
Speaker 74: We work hard every day to be the tray States' first choice in garage doors, intra doors, openers, windows and awnings.
Speaker 73: From Clope garage doors to Liftmaster openers and more. We've got the best products at the best prices and the best team of technicians.
Speaker 5: Learn more at adoor Sales dot com. The best service.
Speaker 17: This is R and L Carriers. Pregame Sports Talk live from the Holy Grail at the Banks, presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. Pregame Sports Talk is brought to you by Skyline Chili Feeling good. It's Skyline time adorned window company. They sell the best and service the rest on Core technologies. Visit OnCore dot tech, Postman Law Injured, call eight four fur Postman others promise Postman delivers. You're Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers. For all the latest offers, go to Toyota dot com. And by R and L Carriers, Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider and now Pregame sports.
Speaker 10: Talk just about two hours report tickoff of the opening. Kickoff is brought to you by a door and window company. They sell the best, they service the rest in our thanks to build It, Audam Webber for their continued support of Bengals Football all these many years through Thick and Thing, gentlemen, thank you very much. With Tony Pike and Mowager, I am ken Brew. Joe Burrow this week says, you know what, I'm just a quarterback. I don't want to be a general manager. Here he is on that thought.
Speaker 42: I want to be a I don't want to want to work in the front office. I don't want to be scouting guys in the offseason. I want to do what I do, and I want to do it at a high level when I have and I'm going to continue to find more and more ways that I can help myself get better, help the team get better, and put ourselves in good positions.
Speaker 10: He has the ear of management and ownership. Tony, what do you think he says about this team this year to ownership, about what it needs for next year to be unlike this year.
Speaker 18: I think he's said it already a lot in how he's handled press conferences over the last month or so of this season. I think it's very clear that the defense isn't good enough, and quite frankly, it shouldn't take Jill Burrow having to go to them and say, hey, the defense isn't good enough. That should be something that's obvious to everybody. I think the GM conversation is interesting because, as we've talked about off air at time, there isn't really a GM role with the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 10: So he mentions not wanting to be a GM who.
Speaker 18: Is going to step up and take that role, because more than any year in the past, Zach Taylor has taken a lot of criticism from Bengals fans and even from myself a lot. Duke Tobin has been under more fire, I feel like this season than he has in quite some time, and deservedly so. And I think that if Joe Burrow is taking a true serum that's probably the biggest thing right now is the decisions that are being made about the personnel via the draft and via free agency have to get better.
Speaker 8: I think it's going to be interesting in five weeks or whenever it is, when Joe Burrow makes the round at the Super Bowl, because last year he starts on the the t Higgins thing calls him in need did that in Dallas on Monday night in December, but it continued and Joe goes to the Super Bowl, one of the most highly sought after guests as you can imagine, representing you know, whichever brands, and was asked repeatedly about the roster. T Higgins, Trey Hendrickson, Mike GASICKI. I would imagine Joe is going to make the rounds again. I would also imagine he is going to be asked, are things cool with you in the Bengals? Because we saw two performances for lack of a better termament press conferences here that have made people think things aren't cool with him in the Bengals. Maybe they are, but I think it's going to be interesting when he is pressed. I would assume he is going to make the rounds again and going all the major shows, going all the big podcasts.
Speaker 10: YEP.
Speaker 8: I would imagine he is going to be pressed about his relationship with the Bengals. I think it's going to be really interesting to see and hear how he answers those questions.
Speaker 10: I did a segment going in for Willie on Friday. It was it was a survey that this this woman, Lisa Miller did with gen Zers and Burrow is fringe gen Z. I mean, he's right there, neither one of you guys or gen Z. But the survey is what do you want to be more of in twenty twenty six? And overwhelming it was I want to be happy? What did Burrows say it as last news conference? What's your new year's resolution? Be happy? I think that's my point being is he's not that much more different than other people of that age group in any other walk of life. I think that's the number one thing and what makes what makes a player happy. It's not necessarily money. It's a chance to succeed in what you're doing. And I think that light bulb has got to go off in that front office because if you're that generation, no matter what you're doing, you're not happy, You're not going to do it anymore.
Speaker 8: I don't even necessarily think that that is a generational thing.
Speaker 10: What human being?
Speaker 8: Well it was a gen Z serch, sure, but what human being six seven years into a career doesn't go Okay? Have I gotten out of this as much as I hope for? And will I get out of it? What I'm looking for if I stay in it? He only has so much control over where he goes in the coming years. But let's say the Bengals won the Super Bowl this year. Let's say they win it next year. At some point here soon the Bengals will come to him and say, let's do a contract extension now. If they're winning and everybody's having fun, the deal gets done. I think it will be interesting if the losing continues. When they come to him and say, hey, we'd like to extend this into the next decade. Does he say not so fast? And I am over the psychoanalysis of Joe Burrow just like most, but I do understand his importance to the team, and I do understand that after not making the postseason in three consecutive years, that you do not want to extend this to next November, December, January, or we're talking about the Bengals being on the outside looking in, Joe not having another chance to win a championship, another year of his prime wasted. Don't tempt fake act with urgency. Get this guy back to the postseason, Give this guy a chance to play on the biggest stages, and I'm guessing at that point the future will take care of itself.
Speaker 18: And if so, if it is different, does the offseason, which starts four o'clock today, does that become different?
Speaker 10: Do we hear from Duke Tobin earlier than we normally do.
Speaker 18: Does Duke Tobin or someone make a statement on hey, this year wasn't what we wanted to be, but we're gonna attack this offseason in a way that we've never done before. Like and I know that's just words, but still something different I think would go a long way of Hey, it's not going to be the same old, same old off season. This year wasn't good enough, Last year wasn't good enough, and we'll be damn if it's gonna If it's gonna continue, we're making a change and.
Speaker 10: It starts right now. If you don't hear that, then you know they don't care, right. You gotta hear that. There's gotta be some sort of statement other than oh, by the way, we're raising your season ticket. It's gonna be more of a statement than Zach Taylor doing it after the game. Exactly. Let's take a look at how every piece is important, because every piece is important when you're talking about dominoes, that is the official piece of the Bengals Tony what piece is important in this game? Today?
Speaker 18: I will line up DJ Turner Dax Hill on a game like this. Fannon is out for the Cleveland Browns. Judkins is out for the Cleveland Browns. The I don't even know if you call a playmaker. Still at this point, they still have Jerry Judy, And if I'm sure Door Sanders and I don't have my top target and in my top ball carrier, I would say, Okay, how do I find ways to get Jerry Judy the ball?
Speaker 10: That comes down to DJ Turner and Dax Hill.
Speaker 8: So I'll make this about next season for the first time in quite a while. The season comes to an end and you could look at the Bengals offensive line and go, that's the group I want next year. It's been a decade since you could say that, right, It has been a decade since at the end of the season he said I want those five guys back. And there's fair conversations to have about the long term future of Orlando.
Speaker 10: Brown or are they gonna move a Marius Mims.
Speaker 8: To left tackle. You can never have enough offensive lineman. But the five guys they have right now, that's a pretty good offensive line. Dalton Reisner has said, I want.
Speaker 10: To be back.
Speaker 8: Brought this up before. That's an important piece for next year. Number one is a good player. Number two want to show me things are different.
Speaker 62: Cool.
Speaker 8: Then within the next week you get this done and go dult Reiser's back instead of well, you know, we're not sure and he gets a free agency and a team comes in and suddenly you got to figure out who's going to play guard on top of all the other stuff you have to fix. So if things are different in the coming days, there is an announcement that Dalton Reisner's locked.
Speaker 10: In Pregame Sports Talk brought to you in part by Encore Technologies. Let's take a break, we'll come back talk about a couple of other hot topics in the NFL. On this the Rnel Carriers Pregame Show, Live from the Holy Grail and presented by your Cincinnati at Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers on seven hundred wlwn ESPN fifteen to thirty.
Speaker 27: Penn Station wards. Earn points with purchase and redeem for rewards you crave like freesobs, fresh cut fries, fresh squeezed lemonade and m more. Penn Station loved your sub earn rewards. You crave Anthony Munhals.
Speaker 33: Here your number one player cheering on my number one automotive teammate Rose Automotive. Roses number one in service and value because they value you as their teammate. Find your way to Hamilton and Rose Automotive. Anthony Munhals, heare your number one player. Cheering on my number one Chevy GMC teammate Larkin Cobb. Larkin Cobb is number one in service and value because they value you as their teammate. Find new ros of Eton and Larkin Cobb.
Speaker 36: Every time Cincinnati finds the end zone. This month, EMINP Logistics is donating five hundred dollars to Northern Kentucky Navigators, who supports local teams with faith, guidance and positive community. Learn more at nkynavigators dot org. MNP Logistics driving purpose with every mile.
Speaker 8: Hey football fans, it's time to gear up for the holidays, and your Tri State Chevy Dealer are here to help you get ready for the magical season ahead with exciting red tag savings on an award winning lineup that includes stylish SUVs like the road Trip Ready Equinox, the Uncompromising Equinox EV and the feature packed Chevy Trailblazer. It's the most wonderful time of the year and it all comes together in as Chevrolet for exciting red Tag offers. Visit your Tri State Chevy Dealer today.
Speaker 84: Miami University is first in Ohio and twelfth nationally for a four year graduation rate, plus ninety nine percent of our grads are employed or furthering their education within six months of graduation. Miami University is where today's students become tomorrow's leaders. Visit miamioh dot Edu.
Speaker 5: From the Any Weather, Heating and Dared Temstar Weathers Center, here's your forecast.
Speaker 7: Temperaters this afternoon will climb to the mid to upper thirties with mostly sunny skies. Tonight, we drop down to the mid twenties. Win shift out of the south though tomorrow and that gives us above average temperatures. We'll top out in the upper forties close to fifty. That's your nine first one and forecast time Meteorology Cameron Harden.
Speaker 85: This report is sponsored by Mattress Firm. The once a year's sale and clearance is here. Upgrade today with Mattress Firm's quality selection of top brands. Let their sleep experts find the perfect bed to help transform your knights. They make sleep easy.
Speaker 5: Carrier turn to the experts located dealer at Carrier dot com.
Speaker 10: RNL Carriers pregame show live from the Holy Grail on the backs of the Mighty Ohio, presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toya to dealers. How about today's Postpan injury report brought to you by Postman law Injured called eight four four Postman Others promise Postman delivers well for your Cincinnati Bengals out of commission today. Charlie Jones, Senator, Matt Lee who's been out for a while, Josh Newton the quarterback, and Joseph Osai who's been out for several weeks. All out for today's game. A few others questionable Over the Browns, They've got a number of players that are questionable, but their their biggest one really would be uh Fan and Junior Harold Fannin junior, Yeah, a good young player. I'm just looking at the other ones that are outer questionable, and I don't think it's going to change the fate of the pre world anyway. That is today's Postman injury report brought to you by Postman law injured call eight four four Postman. Others promise Postman delivery.
Speaker 18: If you look at some of the contract numbers speculation of it out there, the numbers being thrown around for Joseph Osai are around fourteen to sixteen million dollars? Are you willing to buy back into Joseph osaih With what you've seen.
Speaker 10: I'll ask you is how different is see than Carl Lawson Junior and his talent and in his delivery. Oh, that's a great question. It's a good comparison, and it's a guy who has not been able to stay healthy consistently top end. You love what you see? Yeah, you've just not seen that game in game out. Someone will offer him.
Speaker 18: A good amount in a contract because of upside, because he's still young. If you're the Bengals and you have so many decisions to make and that is a position of need, how much are you looking into it Joseph Osai?
Speaker 8: So the Karl laws In comparison is interesting to me because I think as a player there's something there. Also, the Bengals said no to Carl Lawson and brought in Trey Hendrickson. Sure, who's this year's version of Trey Hendrickson. Trey Hendrickson was not the biggest name available in free agency. Trey was a guy who a lot of folks wondered, you know, in New Orleans that last year did he just pile up a bunch of meaningless sacks? Is he any good against the run? So you know, we brought this up before as it relates to the draft, Hey, let's not take Jermaine Burton because we can get this guy. How about let's not pay Joseph o'side because there is this free agent that is maybe a year away from bursting on the scene that you can get for cheaper. Owen, by the way, Miles Murphy had a product of twenty twenty five, and we still believe in Shamar Stewart. I think I would be willing to let Joseph a side walk just because I think.
Speaker 10: There's a team that's gonna overpay him.
Speaker 8: But you better have an alternative. And when it has come to watching players leave over the last three or four seasons, they have rarely had, either in house or from elsewhere, a viable alternative.
Speaker 10: All Right, a couple of games it't matter. Let's start with New Orleans Atlanta because that will dictate who wins the NFC South Atlanta at home, giving three and a half. If Atlanta wins, Atlanta is and is. I think the way the math works, I know Tampa is.
Speaker 18: Out at where Carolina is in. If wins, the Buffs are Yeah, how does this one go?
Speaker 10: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 18: In a season of questions for some of these teams, the Saints have their quarterback in the future now, Saints playing without Olave today, They've lost Kamara along the way, but I still give them a fighting chance, just because I don't know which version of Kirk Cousins I'm gonna get. I know that Lunch and Kyle Pitch we're both questionable. They do have Bejon Robinson. They have built this up in Atlanta this week in a big way. They have built this up that they want to win this and get that momentum going into the offseason coming off a big win against the Rams.
Speaker 10: I'll take the Falcons.
Speaker 8: I just think the number is a little bit too hefty. Chuck is playing really well for the Saints. Atlanta's playing well as a team right now. But I'll take the three and a half Gamino Orleans.
Speaker 10: I want to jump over to a later, gain much later game, Chargers in Denver, Denver giving fourteen and a half. I'm sorry, fourteen is now the line on this one. That's a hefty number for a game that you know, Denver is Denver's got to win. Denver wins. They're the number one seed in the AFC, which is odd because we talk.
Speaker 18: About Coach of the Year, no one really brings up Sean Payton, talk about AFC contenders, no one really starts with the Denver Broncos. Here they are in a position to be the number one overall seed. Trey Lance is starting for the Chargers. This game doesn't mean anything for them. I will take at home. I'll take Denver laying.
Speaker 8: A big Chargers are gonna be the seven correct ye, so lay down effort by Jim Harball where he basically has started preparing for New England this week. They'll play New England. If they lose, they will and it won't be closed.
Speaker 10: Give me the Broncos. Okay, and obviously the game tonight Baltimore Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh getting three and a half at home. We talked a little bit about this. Don't matter who starts at quarterback, they're gonna pound the running back. So I'm just guessing you guys are gonna go with Baltimore.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, DK Metcalf. That offense is shaky when he's healthy, take him out. You saw what it looked like last week against against Cleveland. My guess is John Harball isn't so dumb that he gets away from last week's formula. They go on the road, they cover the number, they beat Pittsburgh, and they they send Mike Tomlin into a lame duck season.
Speaker 18: You know, it's interesting because they don't have Darnau Washington in this one either. I don't know how I am Rodge are gonna get it done. If not for game Well and Warren, this though, would be the most Mike Tomlin win of all. Yeah, where it just feels like they've rolled over, they're done. Stick a fork in him and he finds a way to win it. That being said, Baltimore finds a way to sneak in and in a wide open AFC MO if Lamar gets healthy into the playoffs, still a team that can make some noise. Yeah, it was a team a preseason co favorites betting wise to win the AFC and go to the Super Bowl. If they sneak in, they become a much more dangerous option than the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 10: Let's go lightning round head coach's stability. Gotta make it quick Miami, new coach or same old, same old. I'll say new coach.
Speaker 8: I'll say same old because they already sacrifice the GM.
Speaker 10: Aaron Glenn of New York stable or unstable. I think they'll give him one more year.
Speaker 18: Side stat with the Jets on pace to be the first team ever to finish the season with zero team interceptions.
Speaker 10: If they don't get one today, it's the Jets. So who knows? Absolutely all right? The Browns. I think this is Kevin Stefanski swan song with with the Browns. But he'll pop up somewhere else. Yes, moving on, Yes, okay, moving on. Tennessee already has moved on, so they'll have a new head coach. I think it's interesting in Vegas. What are you do in Vegas? I just saw where Schefter said there's going to have there that they're gonna move on for Pete Carroll. What do you think?
Speaker 18: I think you have to you're gonna have the number one overall pick. Are you gonna start that new rebuild with Pete Carroll?
Speaker 8: It's interesting during one of our breaks on ESPN, they showed the names of like the hottest coaching candidates. A lot of Redreads, a lot of Vans, Joseph's, a lot of Matt Naggi's, a lot of guys that you're like, eh, I think that maybe buys Pete Carroll another season. That maybe buys some of these guys one more season, because there just doesn't feel like there's that guy that the rest of the league covets as a head coach.
Speaker 10: I'll tell you when you know you're old. On that same list was Chris Shula, now you know, and Jesse Minter Atlanta. This is an interesting study in Atlanta. Blank was ready to pull the trigger down there. What do you think, Tony? I still think you give him another year?
Speaker 18: More so because of what Moe just described in the names that are floating out there, Atlanta's had to figure out quarterback.
Speaker 10: They have some they have some talent on that roster.
Speaker 8: I like Raheem Morris, seems like a fun guy to play for. They've got to start fresh at quarterback, so I wouldn't start fresh at head.
Speaker 10: Coach Tampa, which I still don't know how Todd Bowles keeps his job. He's this this defensive guru, and their defense the last eight weeks it's been a fire drove. Their secondary is horrible. I know they've lost some players. Tampa may very well get in the playoffs. We'll see how today plays out. But Tony, what do you think.
Speaker 18: I still think he's safe. I think it's been a lot of the offense too, that the inconsistencies of Baker Mayfield have hurt that team down the stretch, as well as the defense. That's been a total team collapse on both sides. But again, I go back to Moe's point, there's just not that many high level names out there, so I said they keep him.
Speaker 10: They went eight and nine.
Speaker 8: Regardless of what happens today, if you're the owner of that team, your mind should already be made up.
Speaker 10: In Arizona. I think that's a four gun conclusion. Gannon's gone.
Speaker 8: Ye, Darryl Johnson was working hard on TV last week doing the game for Fox, trying to keep Tunathan Gannon employed.
Speaker 10: Gentlemen, that's it. The RNL carriers pre games No Live from the Holy Grail on the banks of the Mighty Ohio, presented by your Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Toyota dealers. Now you all need to stand by because up neck with Count Dwan to kickoff is the Hall of Famer Wayne Box Miller. He'll take you right up to kickoff today with Dan Hoard and Dave Lapham for all of us here on seven hundred at wyl W and ESPN fifteen thirty So long He's Bengals countdown to kickoff on the Bengals Radio Network.
Speaker 59: Aoh Ready catches the shotgun snap.
Speaker 5: He's in trouble, throws off his back.
Speaker 72: But Hagins makes the cat touchdown the Bengals.
Speaker 17: The Bengals Countdown to Kickoffs brought to you by Paycore, proud to be the official HR software provider of the Cincinnati Bengals at the Experience the Jungle.
Speaker 59: It's a deep drop he throws before come hit got deep Paul for Higgins.
Speaker 63: Hey catches head touchdown the Bengals.
Speaker 17: A limited number of tickets are available for all home games at Bengals dot com for reviewers, well seats remain. This is the Bengals Countdown to Kickoff on the Bengals Radio Network.
Speaker 86: Good afternoon, and welcome to Countdown to Kickoff on the Cincinnati Bengals Radio Network for today's matchup at pay Court Stadium between the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals. Happy New Year, Bengal Nason, I'm Wayne boxability to count down to Kickoff hosts, and we know this year, like any other year, doesn't matter what the records are, what the weather is, what day of the week. It's the Battle of Ohio one former Paul Brown team against his family's current team. Enough said in the game, and the Bengals are looking to sweep Cleveland in the final game of the season. Truth is, some players are playing the last game as a Bengal, some are playing to stand stripes, and others are playing to stay.
Speaker 5: In the league.
Speaker 86: Today's goal is simple head into the offseason with a three game winning streak standing by with today's final call to the season, my colleagues Dan Hood and Dave Lapham, Happy New Year, gentlemen.
Speaker 59: Same to you, Box, Thank you very much. What a difference a week makes weatherwise. Here in downtown Cincinnati, it was sixty five degrees and ball me last Sunday crazy. It is literally freezing today, thirty two degrees. The good news is it is sunny today. No rain or snow expected during the afternoon, very little wind to speak of today as the Bengals and Browns both see their seasons come to an end. Lap Nationally, the big story today involves Brown's superstar Miles Garrett. He's going to be the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year this year. He's got twenty two sacks. The NFL record is twenty two and a half, so if he gets one today, he will break the NFL record. It's a big test for the Bengals offensive line, but according to Pro Football Focus, over the last five weeks, the Bengals are the best pass blocking team in the NFL.
Speaker 87: That's amazing. I mean, that's a hell of an accomplishment. It speaks to how they've gotten better. They've got the performances have gone up, the graph has has gone north steadily, and you know, you've got to give Scott Peters a lot of credit for that, the new offensive line coach, the Bengals offensive line. I know in talking to those guys, they really believe in his techniques and fundamentals. They think that they work, they're going to work big time in the National Football League. And the last five weeks have proven that. I mean, they've gone out and they've played exceptionally well. They're going to have to play really well today against Miles Garrett and particularly Orlando Brown. Where Miles Garrett lines up at that right defensive end spot, you know, more times than anywhere else. He'll line up in other places trying to get mismatches, but he feels comfortable pass rushing from that right defensive end position. He loves to be pressuring the blind side of the quarterback, and most quarterbacks are right handed in the National Football League. And as you mentioned, he's probably going to be a NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Well, he was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year two years ago twenty twenty three. He was the finalist last year. He was a finalist in twenty twenty two. So four years in a row he's either won it or been a finalist. He's won it twice and been a finalist twice. I mean, that's pretty amazing. His career numbers. One game, he's gotten five sacks. That's his career high. Three times in his career, he's gotten four sacks eight times. Eight games in his career, he's gotten three twenty five times in his career, twenty five games he's gotten at least two sacks, and thirty five games he's had at least a sack and a half. He needs a half a sack to tie and a full sack to set a new record. And that's, like you mentioned, Dan, that's what the national media is here for. There's no question about that. If he does get a sack today, a full sack, who moves into a tie for the top twenty with Dwight Freeney. If he gets two sacks, he moves into a tie at number nineteen with Derek Thomas. We're talking about some historical pass rushers, you know. We're talking about guys that are getting done. When you've accomplished over accumulated over one hundred sacks in your career, you are a big time And there's no question that Miles Garrett is a big time pass rusher.
Speaker 59: And one of those two sack games for Miles Garrett was in Week one when the Bengals won in Cleveland. To get this season underway, we'll be getting our first look at rookie quarterback Shadeor Sanders for the Cleveland Browns today. He'll be making his seventh start to wrap up the season for Cleveland. The Browns have won two and lost four with Shador as their start quarterback. They won last week in a low scoring game at home against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Shador Sanders throws a pretty ball. I'll say that for him. Other than that, not sure he's going to be a big time success in the NFL. He doesn't process things very well, not nearly as athletic as his dad.
Speaker 10: But he does throw a pretty ball.
Speaker 87: He does, I mean his arm talent, you know when you just look at him throw the football down the foot