Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA sports and on demand on the iHeartRadio a app. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at them and the voice of the Bolts, Matt money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the petrosin Money Show.
Speaker 2: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Make us your.
Speaker 1: Top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: The tip of the cane is the dirtiest thing in the world.
Speaker 3: On the UKES Petros and Money five seventy ELA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We got Dodger baseball in the frigid Denver temperatures from the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth at five forty two inches of snow earlier today they're clearing the field. David Vasse told us that last hour. If you missed it, remember you can get PMS on demand with the Petros Money Show podcast. Everything that you may have missed past shows. Today's shows from the hour early are all available for free through that iHeartRadio app. So we're here for another hour and a half. I don't care about the weather delays. We're out of here. It's Friday. Dodgers on deck at four thirty.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I don't know. I think David Vassay is fear mongering. That's my feeling.
Speaker 3: No, man, those photos are pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are mad. But as you know, the weather changes quickly in Colorado, and that's what we're depending on. That's what we're depending on. Because if they called us back, I mean we started very early today. We started an hour early, and for us to be asked, we started three. Totally fine, Well, I would come to the territory we started at three. It does, but you move us back back back and Rogan and Rodney put on their two customary twenty five plus minute guests.
Speaker 3: They bonged the bong right. Well, one of them was Gooby, our good friend.
Speaker 2: To talk about it, Well, they have no business putting Goobs on our good friend. Didn't you just set it right there? I did our good friend. Yes, all right, Well, keep sustinating yourself with great sports talk as we move on, and don't forget the accurate Grand Prix continues all weekend long experience that Long Beach Vibe featuring six races, concerts, a huge expo and more. Children twelve and under are admitted for free. Details at GPLB dot com and don't forget you can always follow us on the social media applications like Twitter or x or Instagram is very popular with videos and stuff of all the interviews we did seek things of that nature, and the show is podcastable when we are not around.
Speaker 3: I know, Long Beach kind of between the two of us where they run the race, so we could meet in the middle if you want, if that's where Vesse wouldn't be able to find us to call us back if the game is canceled and they run a doubleheader tomorrow, because at six thirty pm tonight p after Super Drift Challenge number one, it is the concert series starring Loope Fiasco.
Speaker 2: Loupe Fiasco, the skateboarding song.
Speaker 3: That is tonight. Well, I yeah tomorrow. If that doesn't tickle your fancy, tomorrow we can meet. Okay, tomorrow, we could meet again at six thirty pm this time after Super Drift Challenge number two to go watch Kings of Chaos, which you know is the the back line of the Old Guns n' roses there with Gilby and doth I did not know that, and so they provide the back line, and then you get some different frontmen out there that rotate. And for the Long Beach Grand Prix, two of our favorites three eleven's Nick Hexham and lives Ed Kowalcheck.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, huh. You know, I think I'd rather go till seven. To be honest, I really do. I think I'd rather do this show till seven o'clock. All right, it is now time for the word of the day. With his words, the word of the day. Today's word of the day is confusion. I gotta go on a little earlier with for playing for Matt the Colorado Rockies song from the nineties by Ace Diamond, and that song is called Baseball Song Rockies and it was kind of like a Jerry Reid Willie Nelson sort of vibe and lot of pyrote nicks in the song, a lot of excitement. I would yeah, I would say enough heat and pyrotechnics for sure, and Matt to melt all the snow that's at Rocky Stadium, good call, like, uh course, field.
Speaker 3: Excuse, let's get those guys back out there.
Speaker 2: But there has been some confusion. I got a text from a lot of people saying, hey, that's this, that's a oh god, here it is excitement. Stop your feet while you're rocking with the Rockies. Just try and stop us. If you did, damn it another whole fun We've gotta when I hear this time. But a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Say that's something song.
Speaker 2: Well, no people are saying, is that by the same It's Ace Diamond, not to be confused with Ace of Diamond, which is Japanese News a Japanese baseball theme manga series in anime about a baseball guy.
Speaker 3: It's much are they pretty easy to not confuse those two.
Speaker 2: The series follows June Samamura, a pitcher which an unusual pitching style that causes the ball to move unpredictably at the plate. And you're saying, well, how many episodes can you get out of that? So, if you're a Japanese manga company or something, one hundred and twenty six episodes, yeah, I can see that, and a hundred and twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Manga series publication. I wonder if they swing this time, will they hit it? I wonder there's a summer tournament their school involved the Ace of Diamond time and there is going to be a sequel.
Speaker 2: Coming out in April twenty twenty six on TV Tokyo.
Speaker 3: Wasn't enough. We weren't more than the story.
Speaker 2: More than one. I mean, we got a lot of Japanese listeners, and I think it's under no, uh, it's not a small coincidence. Because of our new Japanese news jingle. I think we have a lot of Japanese listeners. And when they heard Ace Diamond, a lot of people thought of Ace of Diamond, which is that Japanese manga or anime series about a bay small pitcher, undoubtedly inspired by Jdeo Nomo or Sho Hao Tani or just the fact that baseball is very popular in Japan. So not the same. Just to came, no, it's not the same at all. The two things are totally unrelated. Ace Diamond is not the same as Ace of Diamond, the manga series in hopone Kyviva hoppone. And nobody keeps up with Japanese news better than us. Nobody's on top of it harder than we are, because we understand that times are changing, and that's where the bread is buttered for the los Angeles Dodges. Where have all the Vokaro's gone? They've gone to Japan and Mono. All right, it's time to the number of the day. Here's my number.
Speaker 1: Number of the.
Speaker 3: Day for the day is seven h seven days ago. Even when he's not on the ear to put it on record and make a fool of me, why what happened? Vic still haunts me with his proclamations.
Speaker 2: How many times I saw you were texting with Vic because we told that story on Monday?
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I text with Vic every day. He listens to the show in its entirety every day. He says, he and Uk draw great inspiration and happiness from it, so we're happy we can provide that to them. Typically sends me in lightning quotes and messages every day. It's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that, you know, it's really kind of shown a change in you, Matt.
Speaker 3: But he's made a fool of me many times.
Speaker 2: What happened? Now?
Speaker 3: The man is omniscient. You think I would have accepted it by now over what a decade and a half of moments that I question of his all knowing nature. So last Friday, Vic, you freaking harbinger of doom. Vic must have been watching a news story seven days ago. A week ago, at eight forty one pm, Vic texts me, oney month, if you're surfing, watch out for the jellyfish Shaw two exclamation points. I don't see it till the next morning, five point fifty five am Saturday. I respond, Shovic, it's stingrays that are my nemesis, not jelly's. And I'm thinking, does this old fool think I'm surfing at Florida jellyfish? So today I'm out there. I haven't touched the sand since I paddled out. About an hour into me being in the water, I say to Joe Kwan, I think I got tagged by a freaking ray. Got some pain in my lower leg. It's getting more intense, it's starting it. It's really bad. And the great Joe Kwand from Spectrum News, who does all the beach and ocean story, says, oh, no, it's probably a jellyfish. I just did a story on that. There's an influx of different sea life because of our infront of the walks, their temperatures, and I'll be damned at that wizard.
Speaker 2: You think Vic was watching Spectrum News.
Speaker 3: He had to be and that's a freaking warlock.
Speaker 2: Did Joe uand delivered the information to Vic.
Speaker 3: And then he, in a moment of you know, concern for his friend, a freaking shaman, he did to me again he's looking out for me, being the benevolent soul that he is, and instead I shove it back into his face, stingrays Vic, you idiot.
Speaker 2: Well you're an ocean expert, man, I mean, you're out there every day and I.
Speaker 3: Get stung today by a freaking jelly son of a bitch. Where were you? I'm right up in here, just as Bick predicted.
Speaker 2: What did you do, Matt? Did you have to go to the zoo and pick up some buffalo urine or whatever they.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously I got out of the water, whipped it out and took a whizz all over it that.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to supposed to or asso quantu.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's what I did.
Speaker 2: So you've been dragging your leg around all day like uh like Kirk Gibson in the eighty eight World Series.
Speaker 3: It it got better rather quickly. It hurd for about until like ten thirty eleven am, and then it just gradually dissipated. The uh, the intensity of the pain and the itching, And now there is just like a strip of red across the front of my skinny bird legs where I'm guessing the tentacle must have got stuck to my foot for a minute or two or a second or two, where the poisonous nature of that sea creature came across. And my legs are so small and skinny. I shouldn't be the one that gets in this sort of trouble. It should be someone with a healthy set of legs on them, a nice trunk.
Speaker 2: Well, you'd think if there was some samoans in the water, Yeah, I might go after.
Speaker 3: That, But no, Vic Pig did a week ago.
Speaker 2: Maybe Joe Kwand's bigger leg I don't know.
Speaker 3: Matt VI a week ago and I and I called him a fool for suggesting such a thing, and he's still putting it over on me.
Speaker 2: Well, what's most important, Matt, is that you conquered the ocean again, and it's many creatures. That's what's most important.
Speaker 3: Felt like I got conquered today?
Speaker 2: Doesn't sound like it, Well, doesn't sound like university, right, it's what we doesn't sound like You're not gonna paddle out tomorrow. Damn right, Joe kwander borrow about an hour and a half, Katie, what about the song of the day.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 2: Song of the day, all right. Song of the day is Moscow by Autoheart.
Speaker 4: This came out in twenty thirteen, but I only discovered them recently.
Speaker 2: So here we are Moscow like Idaho.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously nice.
Speaker 2: Obviously Matt. A lot of people are texting and saying that the jellyfish is venomous, not poisonous, So corrections and.
Speaker 3: Retract corrections and retractions on it.
Speaker 2: It's ace diamond not ace of diamond.
Speaker 3: So is venomous? Won't kill you poisonous? I guess kills you?
Speaker 2: I guess poisonous has poison venom just shocks you, like of taser poisonous.
Speaker 4: If you eat it and die, it's poisonous and venomous. If it bites you and you die, it's venomous.
Speaker 2: Yeah. God, you guys are idiots. Did you not know this? Very strong?
Speaker 3: So then snakes we know are venomous. Yeah, what's poisonous?
Speaker 2: Strict nine.
Speaker 3: Yes, we always say that the poisonous like uh Berry's mushrooms. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the meshroom's not gonna bite. You got to bite it. Go ask Dallas. If you don't believe me, then okay. We'll be right back with the top story of the day. More from Mat.
Speaker 1: Petros Papadakis Money. This is Petro send money on demand.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, everybody. Dodgers Baseball tonight, we're on a little early because they're in Colorado. We will be flexed back on Monday as well, and Waller they'll still be in Colorado. Talk about a moment of suspended time. Dodgers are on Take a four thirty with the one and only Yim Yates first pitch. That's five forty from beautiful Colorado. But right now we can all sit tight and enjoy each other's company. Before the game starts. It's time for the top story of the day to story of it.
Speaker 3: Well, we really got ourselves in a pickle here, pe.
Speaker 2: I believe it's called a rundown.
Speaker 3: Eh, it's pickle. What do we want? What?
Speaker 2: Just a little piece? I don't know.
Speaker 3: What do we want to come out of a series that starts tomorrow and stretches until May third, ohn't go all seven games?
Speaker 2: This is about the Lakers in Houston. Yes, KD versus Lebron James.
Speaker 3: Because thanks to the aforementioned Lebron James and the headlines surrounding a meeting between the Lakers and the Rockets, and two superstars of their eras a combined seventy eight years old going into this one, you would think there would be plenty of headlines that could help tell the tale of which one of these two squads a four or five supposed to be the tightest matchup, the closest in seeding, the closest in record in the first round of the playoffs. But instead I got a headline that reads, Lebron looks forward to sharing floor with BRONI in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: It's the best. It's the best thing that's ever happened to him.
Speaker 3: Matt Well, that's the quote from Gabron Lames quote. Blow, it's the best thing that ever happened to me in my career. And we've said this before. I believe that I think for once, Lebron is being honest and sincere when he says playing in the NBA with your son on the floor together is the best thing. If he is, and he seems like a supportive and loving father, I hope.
Speaker 2: He's enjoying it, Yeah, because it's ruined a lot of his reputation for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: And had he just ended with that, cool, but of course he follows it up with he's put himself in a position to get his number called for a postseason game. That's pretty remarkable, pretty cool given the circumstances that he's been given the last couple of years. Now when he adds that sentence to the end, of course we're be in real a holes if we push back because of medical scare. Yeah, if he was going to survive, let alone continue to play basketball, so.
Speaker 2: It's not have open heart surgery, which is what a lot of people say, just and everybody just.
Speaker 3: A transplant got a pig heart in there. Now, could have seen that coming.
Speaker 2: They're trying to rewrite. Remember when all of the proxies were saying, you know, he's earned it, opportunity. They even had JJ Reddick saying it well, and now they're trying to say it again.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you said that, pee because had he ended the quote there, even then we couldn't push back. I'll push back, but it's Jabron Lames and of course he's gonna take it too far. And instead of putting a period after pretty cool. Given the circumstances he's been given the last couple of years, he adds he's earned it, he deserves it, and he'll be ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I'm gonna tell this story the way I want to tell it, you know. I mean, LaVar Ball did it first. He did, and his kids out there acting like a clown.
Speaker 3: The story follows that quote with this paragraph, or I should say this sentence. In the Lakers' final six games, Brownie James averaged seven point two points on forty seven per shooting, with two assists and one rebound in seventeen minutes per night. And I was talking to someone a couple days ago, so it actually I do hate doing this. It's someone who happens to play golf where they do, and they mention that they've had a couple interactions with both lebron and Bronnie and said that Bronnie is as great a kid as you could be around, that he's incredibly polite, that any kid that comes up to him and wants to take a photo or talks to him, he gives them multiple minutes, that he genuinely seems like a kind hearted soul. But then, of course you watch his dad, and you watch his dad on the Bob does golf videos, and the shots are so tight and his swing is so bad, and on a production that routinely makes fun of each member when they crap the bed and get upset and play horrible golf, to have this guy who is awful at golf. It is clear from his swing that they could not show a single swing, not a moment of self debthation about how hard that stupid sport is because he can't take it. Understand, this is all directed at Brownie's father, not at him. One sorry, kid, your dad's an a hole and he puts you in a really bad spot and you're just gonna have to wear it.
Speaker 2: Because seems like a nice enough kid. Yeah, it seems like a nice enough kid who would be in a great position right now. We're at a at a good college, developing as a person and playing basketball at a high level.
Speaker 3: Right Why couldn't you have that The averages that we mentioned pee that they decided to print those final six games. Of course, one of them came in the game in which Luka Doncic was hurt. His best effort the regular season finale eleven points in nineteen minutes and four assists against a tanking Jazz team that featured let me know if you've heard of any of these players, Blake Hinson, Cody Williams, Oscar shibou Bezbang. I know Oscar should be Hayden Gray and John Conscharu. He did play a solid game against the Warriors without Steph for Jimmy Butler, but he was and tip your cap to that fine, but they didn't trust him. Against Dallas in a must win game, he barely played, and then he padded his stats in a twenty three minute effort and a fifty point loss to the Thunder and eighteen minutes of garbage time after Luca was hurt, and a forty point loss to the Thunder. That is how you get to seven point two points, two assists, and a rebound in seventeen minutes. Because when you dig deeper into that story, the paragraph reads, the number fifty five pick in the twenty twenty four draft has progressed from his rookie to sophomore campaigns, finishing this season averaging two point nine points on forty one percent shooting and one point two assists, up from two point three points on thirty one percent shooting.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what they're talking about. He's earned it.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me from his rookie to his sophomore campaign in the NBA, he's gone from two point three to two point nine.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like a point. It's sort of like a plumber. It's like a plumber that you call to fix a faucet and he turns on the water and there's just like a little drip of water and he goes, look, it's not fixed. It about got it like yet. No, No, you're trying to speak it into existence of being fixed. It's not fixed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's why it's hard. Again. I think we both agree it'd be wonderful if Bronnie was great for himself. Sounds like he shouldn't have to pay for his pops being an absolute nightmare of an individual and an athlete and a public figure and a power brokeoker in his sport. And it's freaking hard. And the thing is, if they don't play well, if lebron is terrible, f Houston, I mean, f that city. Nine ways to Tomorrow. I know we got sirlin Oh love Lance, but you know the Dodgers have rivalries with the Giants, The Lakers have rivalries with Boston and the Celtics. More recent ones for the Dodgers San Diego, of course, the Padres and football. You got the forty nine Ers and the Chiefs. But Houston, for the fans of everything here in LA should top them all for the history of time, because their fans should enjoy nothing because of what complete and total a holes they were about twenty seventeen, completely unapologetic a holes to the Dodgers when they came to town about a World Series that was flat out stolen, a moment of glory for Clayton Kershaw that saw him living in a nightmare. After a Game one, seven innings of three hit, one run ball, Dodgers have a lead in Game two, felt like this was going to be the Kershaw playoff moment that we've longed for for all these years. The best pitcher in baseball's regular season was finally going to have after a brilliant run to the twenty seventeen World Series, a complete playoff run.
Speaker 2: Oh dominance so cool to us that I was just you know, I felt so close to him in that time that I just was heartbroken when it didn't work out for him.
Speaker 3: Well, in his defense, everybody hates us. Nobody likes us, so it's not like we can hold that against him. He's just one of a mass of people. People that actually like us are the true outliers in this world. But because of what they did to him in that Game five, despite your feelings about him personally, to only have that game five horses, to hell with that city, but to hell with Lebron and again, it really puts you in a pickle here for High kind of.
Speaker 2: Feels like you're sort of like Dante's Inferno. You want everybody in Hell to hell with Lebron, to hell with Houston.
Speaker 3: Maybe a yeah, maybe Lebron can just like lose. Yeah, but see then Houston gets to celebrate. They'll get waxed by Oklahoma City in the next round. So there we go. Yes, see, you've helped me talk through this.
Speaker 2: Other people in Hell, like Judas Is, Scariot and Brutus are gonna have courtside seats to this.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is a real conundrum of a series. But considering Oklahoma City is waiting in the next round and would absolutely annihilate either of these teams, in four games by about twenty points per I guess seeing.
Speaker 2: Lebron so you don't know who to root for?
Speaker 3: No, I feel like it's again thinking about how this bracket works. Make Keaven Durant completely and totally humiliate him, and you know, and maybe some of the guys we like can play well out there in a losing effort.
Speaker 2: Perhaps you would feel differently, Matt if that fountain had been operational when we sent you over.
Speaker 3: You know what, You're right, I hold that against the city itself. I'll dare you put that thing under construction while I was there.
Speaker 2: How long is it gonna sting for Clayton? I don't know, Dave.
Speaker 3: I'll let you know.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be back with Mark Petro sand Money. We'll have the dead and alive guy birthday of the day. We still it's Saturdays and tomorrow and this series starts tomorrow. We've had plenty of time to figure it out, and still don't know who to root for. Don't know this is petrol Still another segment before we say goodnight, because the Dodgers are in a Chili, Colorado where the weather changes quickly. Dodgers Rockies tonight and of course enjoy the accurate Grand Prix. It's all weekend long experience the Long Beach Vibe featuring six races, concerts, a huge expo and more. Children under twelve are admitted for free. Details at GPLB dot com. A great event. And we did here yesterday, Matt Smith might.
Speaker 3: I will be there, he will, ohfirmation. It was up to the daughter, she wants to go. We will be there on Sunday two thirty. Race starts. Gates open at seven thirty am. If you want to pop around the pits, which is what the Petros and Money Show has always loved to do.
Speaker 2: It's who we are.
Speaker 3: We are, that's what we do. It's who we are. So gonna be a great time out there. Races all day, from the trucks to the Poor Series to of course the Long Beach Grand Prix, all happening out there on the street course. And we love partnering with the Grand Prix of Long Beach every single year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they call me Paddock Petros. That's exactly right, Matt. For your dead guy Birthday of the Day today. I found this guy interesting. He's kind of a forgotten great Roy Hamilton, now not the not Roy Hamilton. No, not Lewis Hamilton, who was just recently spotted at LA Sports Cards at Burbank, which is a huge f you to Burbank sports car.
Speaker 3: Really is you make you ask yourself why the hell is Kate shopping at Burbank sports Cards if it's not good enough for Louis Hamilton.
Speaker 2: And Kim Kardashian and Kim Kardashian. Right, No, not Lewis Hamilton and not Roy Hamilton. You're from boss verbum Day. Yeah, the former number one pick in the NBA draft. But this Roy Hamilton would have been ninety seven today. From Leesburg, Georgia, Roy then moved to Jersey City. He went to Lincoln High School, Go Lions. He painted and was displayed at various New York galleries as a team. Very talented guy. At seventeen, he won a talent contest at the Apollo and got into gospel, married and had five kids. Who was married at nineteen, just like Matt and Tim Kaits basically Roy, It's crazy, same pair of shoes that whole time. Basically Roy is the vegest and first early Epic records star ever. He built epic records with his strong voice. He was discovered at a New Jersey nightclub like most of us. In nineteen fifty four. He played Soldier Field brought down the house very distinctive style.
Speaker 3: It's a small venue.
Speaker 2: Well, it's moving to Hammond. I don't know if in the music world Matt they say he was a mix between great singers that I grew up loving, Billy Eckstein and Johnny Hartman. He combined a semi classical style technique with traditional black gospel Black gospel. The general consensus now is that he brought the soul to the Great American songbook, much like Sam Cook. His unchained medley was a number one and You'll Never Walk Alone was also that he retired because he was exhausted. To Laura Hamilton, his career declined. Toward the end of his career, he recorded in Memphis, and he randomly dropped dead at forty from a hemorrhage in New York in his brain. Elvis Presley sent his wife flowers every day for months after he died and covered all his burial costs. He was, as I mentioned, Sam Cook's inspiration, and he had a huge influence on Elvis and the Righteous Brothers. Elvis said he's his favorite.
Speaker 3: Singer sounds like you can really singing there in the background.
Speaker 2: Yeah he really can't. Uh. His' You'll Never Walk Alone is the Liverpool football anthem, which is a huge team out of the EPL. Man. Oh yeah, Roy Hamilton, not my old boss from Fox your dead guy, birthday other day.
Speaker 3: You're alive guy. P uh is British News.
Speaker 2: It's time for PMS.
Speaker 4: British News, United Kingdom, English News.
Speaker 2: It's time for British News.
Speaker 3: Cheerio straight get Out. There were seminal games on different consoles that felt like the I changed the world for a young soul attached to it.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about Alex Kidd in Miracle World, now talk about it right now.
Speaker 3: I think we can put a pin in first.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, don't you put a pit of your own ass? Uh?
Speaker 3: Pitfall on Atari twenty six hundred, Super Mario Brothers Contra Shnobi Altered Beast.
Speaker 2: Don't you just throw me a bone at the end with Shanobi an altered piece defew Buddy.
Speaker 3: Of course Madden. But the jump in the way a game looked two dimensional running left or right to three dimensional first person shooter. It's freaking GoldenEye and since you didn't see a lot of Pierce Broston because you were playing him, you were playing James Bond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were Pierce brosnn right, except he was on the cover there.
Speaker 3: When you caught up with Alec at the end of the game, the bad guy from GoldenEye, now the bad guy in the game, you were like, holy yes, that's really it. That's freaking Alec from GoldenEye. And Alec was played by Sean Bean. It was his face made us and he is our live guy. Birthday of the Day. Alec Trevellion born in Sheffield. That that was his character's name in GoldenEye. He was born in Sheffield. Father was very wealthy owned a fabrication company, but never wanted to spoil the family, so they grew up in the same modest home they lived in before the business took off. He was on track to play soccer professionally, but some shattered glass from a slammed door embedded itself in his leg and cut up his muscles to a point that he couldn't play anymore, so he starts working for Pops. He's going to the Rotherdam College of Arts and Tech for welding and needing an elective, he decides to enroll in a drama class. He loved it was incredibly good. Wins a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. Classically trained Shakespearean actor cast as Tibble in Newbury, accepted into the Royal Shakespeare Company and does it All Midsummer Night's Dream, Romeo and Juliet.
Speaker 2: Man come on, you had me at Tibble The Prince of Cats.
Speaker 3: His first film was a heady indie flick Caravaggio with Tilda Swinton, and that role Pee landed him as Lady Chatterley's lover. In nineteen ninety three, he put his soccer skills to work as a presenter on Sky Sports, so he was in a soft core porn. He was in a soft core porn. And when he was a presenter for the Premier League, when people realized he knew his way around the pitch and could juggle the ball and do stuff like that, he became the UK's most popular sex symbol for a window of time, and he was cast as Richard Sharp and the incredibly popular series Sharp that ran for over a de gate. But the big break here in the States and on the Silver screen was that role as Alec Trevellion in GoldenEye, A.
Speaker 4: Back from the dead, no longer just an anonymous start on the memorial wallert in I six, what's the matter, James? No glib remark, no pithy comeback? Why hilarious question, particularly from you. Did you ever ask why all those dictators undermined all those regimes only to come home? Well done, good job, but sorry, old boy, everything you risk your life in Limph has changed. It was the job we were chosen for. Of course you'd say that James Bond, the Majesty's loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith. Oh please, James, put it away. It's insulting to think I haven't anticipated your every move. Yes, I trusted you, Alec.
Speaker 3: Trust it is turned him into one hell of a villain, national treasure the island. Of course, he was Borimir and Lord of the Rings. Hated helicopters, so he took a ski lift to his scenes and walked in full costume, miles and miles in his armor, with his sword the whole thing. He was abred to say us in Troy. He was back on the stage in Macbeth on the West End, ran for nearly two years, a huge hit Who could have seen that coming? More villain casting, flight plan, the remake of The Hitcher and of course or unfortunately, I think is more appropriate. Everybody listening probably knows him as Ned Stark and that period piece Game of Thrones. He is currently doing a BBC series.
Speaker 2: Called Ned Stark. He's ned. You didn't lead with that.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, boss buried the lead.
Speaker 2: You cut the guts out of what I said.
Speaker 3: His BBC series This City Is Ours is critically acclaimed. It is about a Liverpool You talk about Liverpool, Liverpool based gangster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Things played by Sean Bean. Divorced four times married five wow. Yeah, he's sixty seven today. Give it up, Bean, just dater, just stayst single, dude.
Speaker 2: Geez okay, we'll be right back with the fun fact and the quick hits