Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is world Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Here we go again. We're got to running back to.
Speaker 1: Get him on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vasselas.
Speaker 2: Day, the Dodgers return home with a big win over Chris Sale and the Atlanta Braves, defeating Atlanta three to one and handing Chris Sale a rare loss this season. Sale now six and two after the Dodgers beat the Braves three to one. Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vase with you until eleven thirty tonight. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number we have phone lines. If you're always texting me, dming me, Oh, I can never get in. I'm always on hold. I never can get in. The lines are busy. Well, tonight's your night, and tonight's a great night to call in. Because after the Dodgers split a six game road trip that had some ups and downs. Tonight, coming back and facing maybe the best pitcher in the National League not wearing a Dodger uniform in Chris Sale, and finding a way to get timely hits to beat him. That's that's significant and shouldn't be overlooked, even though it is a regular season game in May. You want to rise to the occasion against teams like this, the Dodgers, the Braves, the Cubs, the three best teams in the National League, and the Dodgers facing the best pitcher this side of Otani Yamamoto and the rest of these Dodgers start and Chris Sale and they beat him three to one. That's impressive, especially considering the ups and downs and the inconsistencies of the Dodger offense. To get some timely hits against a pitcher like Chris Sale, that's a big deal in a lot of different ways. Alex Vesia came in in another big spot, riding off the high of being at Downy Hunday with us on off day Dodgered Talk yesterday, Vesia came in in a huge spot in the game. Emmett Shehan was in a little bit of trouble, two outs, runners at the corners, and Matt Olsen at the plate, who is just crushing right handed pitching. So Dave Roberts didn't want to have she And face Olsen a third time. Despite him getting him out the first two times. There was some hard hit balls against she Hin tonight. He hung in there, but that just showed showed you the way that Dave Roberts was managing this game. He was managing it with urgency and he obviously felt like that was the game at that point, and rightfully so. At that point it was still a tide game, and you have runners at the corners with the guy that's having a great year, and especially a guy in Matt Olson, a left handed power hitter that is just crushing right handed pitching. So he brings in Alex Vesia, his best, high leverage left handed reliever, and Vessia got him out, got him to pop up to Max Munsey to end the inning. So that was huge, uh, And that was that was a big That was a big point in the game. And from that point on, the Dodger bullpen continued to put up zeros against the Braves and match Chris Sale. The Braves only used two pitchers because Sale went seven innings despite taking the loss. The Dodgers, after taking and she Han out for Vessia, went to Kyle Hurt, Will Climb Brock Stewart and Tanner Scott. By the way, after Vessia got that last out in the fifth inning, he did not come back for the sixth inning. Kyle Hurt came in and started to get himself in a little bit of trouble, but he was able to get himself out of trouble by getting a former Giant, mike Yastremski, to strike out in the sixth inning with two men on and two out to end the inning. That was a nine pitch at bat Kyle Hurt versus mike Yastremsky, and Hurt was pumped up and that was another opportunity by the Braves with runners on base that they were not able to cash in. In fact, the Braves left ten men on base tonight, they were just one for ten with runners in scoring position, while the Dodgers only left three men on base. Not a lot of opportunities, but when they got them, they advantage of them. Against Chris Sale eight six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Freddie Freeman starting to look like Freddy Freeman again, coming off a good road trip where he hit three seventy five. He had nine hits on that road trip, two of them were doubles. He has not a homer since the Dodgers' first road trip in Toronto, so he was stuck on ninety nine regular season home runs as a Dodger since the first road trip of the year. In the sixth inning, he led off and hit a ninety seven fastball over the centerfield wall for his one hundredth home run as a Dodger in the regular season, and he did it off one of the toughest left handed pitchers in baseball, in Chris Sale. We caught up with Freddy after the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, in I would say in Houston, a lot better swing decisions. Yeah, I made a little adjustment.
Speaker 2: With my foot to.
Speaker 3: Kind try and keep my right hippen a little bit more. So, you know, obviously results have been much better. Ball's been going to left field on the line. Even my misses are a lot better. So we are trending in the right direction. But this game is very hard, so you never know what it could be like. Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It seemed like you and show A the third time around against Sale, you guys were looking to be aggressive early in the count.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, there's no adjustments you can really make against Chris Sale, as to put a simple like, I just still Kierson. To put it simple, as a left handed hitter, you gotta be willing to die against Chris Sale because he's throwing behind you, and so if you're pulling out at all, you're gonna you don't really have a chance. So you gotta stay in. And if you stay in and he throws one up at your you know he's thrown behind you. So in your mind, you gotta be willing to die, is.
Speaker 2: How I put it.
Speaker 3: So I just kind of that was my course of action. He threw an oh strike for a slider, and I was like, I can't hit that, so I'm still gonna stay on the heater, and luckily he left one out over and I was able to get one.
Speaker 2: That was your one hundredth home run as a Dodger, did you Yeah, we're even aware of that.
Speaker 3: No, maybe that's why it took so long to hit one in the last month.
Speaker 1: No, I did not.
Speaker 3: Obviously I'm not a big stat of home run tracker, because I don't hit those as very often as my other things. But I'm surprised you usually keep my stats from me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There it is one hundredth home run as a Dodger.
Speaker 3: Well, you never told me I had ninety nine, so that's your fault. He told me I would have done it a lot quicker than waiting a whole month.
Speaker 2: All right, it's on me.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I love you laughing, I love you smiling, Freddy.
Speaker 3: So hopefully we can continue that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when Freddy Freeman gets hits, he's smiling, he's in a good mood, and he's gotten ten hits in his last seven games, including a home run off of Chris Sale. I've never heard that before, but it makes sense. You got to be willing to die against Chris Sale if you're a left handed hitter. And obviously Freddy hung in there and took his life into his own hands facing Chris Sale tonight and not pulling out. Tonight's game brought to you by Modello Modello The Mark of a Fight. Freddie Freeman and the Dodgers beat Chris Sale and the Braves tonight, three to one. Let's go out to Eddie, who is at the ballpark tonight. Hi Eddie, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 5: What's up DV?
Speaker 6: If I could say a couple of quick things and then get to my point, I wanted to say, it was great running into Pete Montero before the game. He's a great guy. He's been doing his thing with the Dodgers for a while now and and we can't be more proud of proud of him over here at Pacoyma in the Sa Fernando Valley. I also want to say a happy Mother's Day to my wife and all the mouths out there this Sunday. And then I just wanted to say DV real fast. The Dodgers showed up today. It was a playoffs in May, but like they do every time when a good team comes to town, they show up.
Speaker 7: Thanks TV for the.
Speaker 2: Time, all right, Eddie, thanks for the phone call.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Peta Montero one of the video coordinators and coaches for the Dodgers and a great eight one eight guy, so definitely a valuable member of the Dodgers' staff. Let's go out to Alex, who is at the ballpark tonight. Hi, Alex, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 7: Hey David, good to talk to you man, Thanks for taking the call. I just wanted to give a shout out to I want to give a shout out to Sian for stepping up today. You know, faith in a great pitcher like Sale. You know you're gonna have to keep the other team down too, and I like did a real good job holding them down, getting out of trouble a couple of times, and then turn over to the bullpen and just came in and then basically did the same thing. So great, great, great performance by she An once again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I wouldn't say great. I mean that word would be for a complete game, shutout, Alex. I would say great for that. But he hung in there. It was a solid start, eighty eight pitches, uh, and you don't even get through five innings. I still feel like he's he's trying to get consistent with his fastball, with his mechanics. But I'll tell you this, the Dodger bullpen is exceeding your expectations. I bet you might not want to admit it right here, but come on, Alex, come clean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, absolutely, they've been They've been a lot better than than last year. And yeah, you know, he still held them just a one run. That's a pretty dynamic offense over there. So even even for as little as the time he was in there, he kept us in the game and gave us a chance. And Bolton came in and slammed the door.
Speaker 9: So yeah, at.
Speaker 2: For sure, it took everybody tonight to help the Dodgers beat Chris sale in the Braves three to one. And it was a great night for Miguel Rojas, who was being celebrated tonight with his bobble head uh a replica of the swing the follow through swing of his game tying home run in Game seven of the World Series. Miguel Rojas has always played great defense. Tonight he got the started shortstop and him Teoscar Hernandez teamed up for a huge relay throw in the fourth inning to get Michael Harris the second on that Austin rally double the left field. So give the Dodger defense a lot of credit. Espinal got the started second base tonight. They made a couple of nice plays, and the Dodger defense, which is a big underrated part of this team again this year, is the best tops in every statistical category. And if you watch these games, they're making not only the routine plays, but they're making even better plays with fundamental defense. And certainly tonight was a great example of that. And I don't see any other team as consistently as the Dodgers when they come to town. When the team's on the road, you have Freddy Freeman, you have Rojas, you have Maximuncy. When Mookie Beds is healthy, he's out there as well. All the infielders are out there taking infield practice at least once a series. And then you know, on the last homestand the Dodgers had the outfielders throwing to bases. You don't see that. I don't see that. And that's a big reason why you know, a relay play like tonight in the fourth inning looks routine because these guys practice it. I don't see too many teams practicing that. Let's go out to Torrance, Kate. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi. Kate.
Speaker 10: Oh, hey, I just want to give a shout out specifically the Kyle Hurt kind of the new guy, but he's been great, so and also to give lots of good vibes to Snell for tomorrow night on his Bubble Night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be a great night for Blake Snell. He's ready. We'll get to him as he is getting ready to make his debut. Snell was at that Will Smith comedy show last night that Will Smith was hosting, and my understanding is that he and Andrew Friedman had a conversation at that show and that's when the decision was made, Okay, if we need you, let's have you start on Saturday. And Snell wanted it. Snell wants it. He convinced Andrew Freeman he was ready to go, and instead of pitching in Ontario or four Ontario and Rancho Cucamonga, he's going to be on the big stage. And he's been very eager for this, so he's ready and I think you're going to see a good performance from Blake Snell tomorrow night. And as far as Kyle Hurt goes, he's now pitched ten innings, he's allowed just one earned run. He has fourteen strikeouts and one walk, and that's pretty impressive. And you know he's been in low leverage situations, but tonight he came in in the thick of the game and got himself into some trouble, but was able to get himself out of that trouble. So love Kyle Hurt. He's a great guy and one of the few Trojans that I like out there. Let's go out to Eileen who is at Dodger Stadium tonight. Hi, Eileen, you're on Dodger.
Speaker 1: Talk my call.
Speaker 11: I just wanted to give a shout out to McGee row before the game. He was He stepped out onto the field and you could just kind of fill the emotion he spent, and he kind of took a moment. He almost felt like he was dedicating the game to his dad, who had recently passed away at the beginning of April.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I'm sure you know Miggy is taking in all of this because it may be his last season playing Major League baseball, and tonight was a celebration of one of the greatest moments of his career, probably the greatest moment of his career, and certainly a historic home run in Dodger history, in baseball history. And he came out twenty minutes before first pitch for stretch. That just shows you, Eileen, he was out here to take it all in.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was a beautiful moment and I'm glad he had a good game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too. It was unfortunate that he had to leave the game in the eighth inning because he told reporters that he slipped around the home played area in his first that bat and that kind of tweaked his left hip, and then when he was sliding into second base and the fifth inning on the overthrow, he kind of felt a dead leg sensation on his left side and that was the reason why he came out. But all in all, a really good night for Miguel Rojas. And he spoke to reporters on Sports net LA after the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I'm so grateful.
Speaker 5: For for this fan base, for the whole community. I think they they did something to me that I never felt and in my career before. Like we were talking about early in the end of the day. Uh, I know, I hit the homer in Canada and I could received the law from from everybody through social media, to messages and videos and all that. But today was really cool just for me to go out there and stretch and and hear the loud ovation just because of uh, they were so happy to see me and kind of like celebrate me u on this day. It was pretty cool And this one is going to be top three moments of my my life in a baseball.
Speaker 1: Game, Christill.
Speaker 10: Obviously not an easy picture to face, but how did you just see this team not only just kind of make some adjustments but find ways to attack when there were errors of mistakes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was.
Speaker 5: It was really good to see the whole team kind of like luck and in for a really good picture that he's been training the world really well for a long time and uh being able to to do whatever we need to do to win the game. Obviously, the Boopen did an amazing job. And I think this team is always find a way to kind of like step up to the to the moments where we needed the most, and that's what we did today. Again, we want we won a really good baseball game. Looking forward to win this year some more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and hopefully Miguel rowhas And thanks to sports net LA for bringing us a portion of his postgame comments. You just hope Miguel Rojas and his left hip are okay tomorrow. The good news is, you know, the Dodgers have enough depth to be able to cover it. If he needs a day or two off where he doesn't need to start, you could have Freelin and Kim, who they've been starting as their double play combination quite a bit ever since Mookie Bets went on the IL. And then speaking of Mooki Bets, Mookie Betts was making his first rehab assignment appearance tonight for Oklahoma City. He went one for three starting at shortstop, and Keith k Hernandez was playing in that game as well. He was zero for threes starting at third base, and Dave Roberts joined us on Dodger Talk yesterday. He made a surprise phone call to Dodger Talk and while he was with us, I had a chance to ask him about what the plan is for Mookie Bets. We will share that with you right around the corner as we're going to take our first time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, you'll hear from Dave Roberts about the plan for Mookie Bets and when he may return. Also well, check in with Jose Mota. After the Dodgers beat the Braves in Game one of this game series three to one on the Back to Back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot Com, hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: Shakes off the catcher. It'll be the first time Freddie Swings hits a drive to center field and teeth this. Paul heading back at USK got a home run Freddie Freeman with a solo shot, his fourth of the season, and the Dodgers lead at three to one. Oh fastball left middle middle and Freddie didn't miss it, No, he did not. That was leading off the sixth inning. That home run when an estimated four hundred and thirteen feet for Freddy Freeman's one hundredth home run as a Dodger and the dog Rogers beat Chris Sale and the Braves tonight three to one. Daniels Jewelers presents the home Run Forecast. For your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card, visit AM five to seventy lasports dot Com. Used the keyword home run and to your name and you could win. Daniels Jewelers own the dream. We have phone lines open at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. I mentioned before we first took our first time out that Mookie Betts went one for three in what is expected to be the first of just two games he is going to play at Oklahoma City. He's expected to play again tomorrow and then well, Dave Roberts filled us in yesterday on off day Dodger Talk when he made a surprise phone call.
Speaker 8: Absolutely you know if he's gonna go on his rehab assignment. So that's exciting for all Dodgers. So he the plan is if if it goes well, he'll be back joining us on Monday night. So the hope is that we get him for three out of those four games against the hated Giants.
Speaker 2: All right, So that was Dave Roberts calling in to Dodger Talk. We had our off day show from the downy Hunday showroom. Alex Vesi has stopped by. Dave Roberts called in and in case you missed that show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. So Mookie Betts seem to be all smiles by all the videos I saw online, so that's a good sign. He's expected to play again tomorrow, have a day off on Sunday, return to LA And you just heard it right there from the Dodger manager that Mookie Betts, if all goes well, is going to be back in the Dodgers lineup on Monday against the San Francisco Giants. And that's the start of a four game series between the Dodgers and Giants to close out this seven game homestand Monday night is Replica Trophy Night here at Dodgers Stadium. So that would be great to get Mookie Bets back because the Dodgers certainly need more production from their right handed hitters not named Andy pa has certainly Will Smith and Taoscar Hernandez have had a little bit of a slow start to the year. So to get Mookie Bets back, that will be a huge boost to the Dodger lineup and another option in case the Dodgers decide on the days that Otani pitches that they may want somebody else leading off, especially on the days that O'tani is not in the starting lineup. Each of the last two times that's occurred, the Dodgers had Dalton rushing DH and lead off and Mookie Betts coming back certainly is a great leadoff option, considering he's one of the greatest leadoff hitters of the last twenty five years, maybe in baseball history when he was at when he's with the Boston Red Sox, and up until the Dodgers made the flip to have Otani lead off a couple of years ago. I celebrate ninety years of racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every race day. For heart pounding action and new experiences, visit Santa Anita dot com slash events. All right, let's check in with Jose Mota.
Speaker 1: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 2: What a Mota night at Dodgers Stadium. Not only do I get to see Jose on a nightly basis, I got to see his legendary father and his beautiful wife in the house tonight at the press box. So wow, I really got a full dose of the Mota family tonight.
Speaker 9: Man, you're pretty international, I heard too makes some Japanese. Yeah, yes, you're well known to Japan two day, so I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: I do have to say thank you to you and your pops for gifting me an extra. Kenley Jansen Dodgers home jersey and that was really special. So I appreciate you cleaning out the price closet for me.
Speaker 9: I think there's like two of you that can fid in that thing's I could size sixty or something like that. Nothing against Kenley, but so he's a big boy.
Speaker 2: He loves seeing a photo of your dad holding up that jersey. So even though he's in Detroit, you know his heart is all blue.
Speaker 10: Oh yes, always forever.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jose, you got a front row seat to the Dodgers on this road trip. What we saw tonight was more of what we expect from this offense. To have some timely hits and to beat Chris Sale. That is a tall order, and the Dodgers did it tonight.
Speaker 9: Disco was pretty unhittable. Every single pitch of the throws coming into tonight was being hit under two hundred. You don't gotta have a lot of success against them with bigger swings. What I like the most is did they make nice adjustments when they needed to. We saw the battles with Kyle Tucker and the bats. Max Bussey sold and that's his pictures of the night. But overall, the one thing you have to do to beat good pitching his pitch well and emmachion. Even though he did not finish the task the way he wanted to, gave the team a chance along with a bullpen. And in terms of the swings too, Dave. You know, you know going through that stretch where you get a little bit dry and making, you know, trying to create something, but there's nothing. There's very little traffic on the basis and when there raise, you take bigger swings to strike out. It all leads to what they did tonight. I mean last two days, the last two times they faced a guy like Chris Sale, which is over a year ago about your stadium, and tonight they've done exactly what they need to do is capitalize on the smaller moments, take your best swing, make the best deficions, and that's why they looked game here tonight.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman had nine hits on the last road trip, but he only had two extra base hits and they were both doubles. To see him hint ninety seven off Chris Sale over the center field wall. That gives you a little bit of hope that you know, Freddy Freeman is far from over.
Speaker 9: Oh Freddy is. I mean, he's such a great hitter. Makes it just he's very honest with everybody, including you the fans, on how he feels, because he wants to make sure that the assessment is good and he's not fooling himself thinking about I'm getting assisted on fine, No, I mean a long run. This was the main of Hall of Famer. He wants to make sure that everything is lined up correctly. And the one thing that happened today too, that you know Freddy's always told me is sometimes when he's lost like that and schirtling the baseball, a tough lefty is the formula to get him straightened out. And you figure, well, tough lefty, well yeah, because he's he knows he's got to simplify it against gull like Crsale, He's gonna challenge you. And the same time, if you spread your wings a little bit too much and spread the zone, you're gonna get into a big trouble. I think the mentality that he takes the games a guy like Chris Sale is the one that you know, what if I do less is better because he's gonna provide the power with the fastball. We saw ninety eight today. He's gonna be around his zone. He's gonna make good pitches. But Freddy is is he told you a little toe tap or you know, turn the toe a little bit more is just enough to get that hit straight out and hopefully she'll keep it for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I know a lot of people are trying to compare it to Corey Seger. Corey Seger would turn his front foot all the way towards his back foot. That exaggerated. Freddie Freeman's not doing that. It's just a little bit of the toe being pointed backwards or or not parallel to the Dodger dugout.
Speaker 9: Whatever it takes. I mean, look at Max Munsey what he did in the World Series. Treya Savage phrases him again in relief, and he already had that toe turned in guardian against everything you're saying closed and they get a big holdmun because of things like that. So so guy, they've done it for a long time that you find little things that they do. They're not afraid of, not so much changing but adjusting, and have a certain plates of reminders to trigger whatever they need to do to have success.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota is joining us on Dodger Talk after the Dodgers beat the Braves and Chris Sale three to one tonight at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium, Jose. It feels like we just take it for granted when there are no mistakes. And the Dodger defense, I mentioned this earlier. No matter what stat you want to look at, the Dodger defense is tops in Major League Baseball, and we saw a perfect example of that in the fourth inning. They cut down another run at the play tonight thanks to a great relay from ta Oscar Hernandez to Miguel Rojas and Will Smith. How big has the defense been to them being ten games above five hundred.
Speaker 9: I think it's an overlooked and Dave Robertson I had this conversation this past road chap because everything about the offense. Now you're pitching starter, yell a molto, etcetera. Ce but the defense has to give the pitchers a chance to take a breathe and look behind them and say, you know what, I'm not striking people out, but I have defense behind me. Dave ed Roll really relates to your pitch selection. When you're throwing strikes, you make your defense better. You stay active, you're not walking people in defense gets a little bit better too. And then, as he mentioned, with the coaches, they put their work in everything to make sure that the minimum instrumentals is being respected and applied, from throwing to the basis, from getting out their early into snow like all Rojas and we saw you know, Freddie Freeman and Denver in all manners. And a lot of times when you know fans get to the stadium, they're like, what are these drills are doing? Look like they're like Little League drills. Well they are, but they're not. It's all about repetitions that memory your back to say I can do this. I have to know what I have to do with my love needs to be more arm used to be and being able to just anticipate places. And they do very much top positioning. But also you have good athletes. They know how to execute and they know how to do the basic which is play catch as they did tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose, thanks a lot for checking in tonight. Tomorrow will be a huge Saturday snail Zilla Saturday, as Blake's now will make his season debut tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Looking forward to that, he needs to come and stay and go out there and show everybody why he is here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt. It'll be a great match up. Not an easy task to go up against this Braves lineup in your first start, but he's certainly ready for it and look forward to seeing how it turns out. Thanks a lot for checking in.
Speaker 9: Send me a picture of a pajama today.
Speaker 2: Okay, he sounds good. Thanks Thanksjse. There he goes Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast. Not sure about the pajamas, but I'm not doing that. I don't know what he meant anyway, but appreciate Jose and his pops kicking me down one of those seventy four jerseys they had. I appreciate that eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Alex Vessi gets the winning relief Tanner Scott the save, his third of the season for Miguel Rojas. Like I mentioned, I want to hear from him uh after the game, because he did come out with a left hip issue. Let's head downstairs again. We were able to clip it, uh to hear what Miguel had to say about how much that left hip is bothering him in.
Speaker 5: The first sitting when I when I hit the ball, I kind of sleep a little bit off the of the box and I felt a little something on my leg and then when I got hit a second base on the doll play ball kind of have like a dead a dead legs and sensions. So anyways, Dog told me that I was going to get one more back against Sale and I was going to get out of the game to get some prink and I should be fine for the rest of the week.
Speaker 2: All right, Great to hear that. Great to hear that he'll be okay. So appreciate that. As the Dodgers beat the Braves three to one, eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number, the Dodgers will have Blake Snell on the mound tomorrow, which is a good thing because he's a two time cy Young Award winner. He's a difference maker. And all this talk about who's the odd man out when Blake Snell returns, is it Shehn, is it Robleski? Is it Rokie? Well that's a moot conversation at this point. Can considering Glass now is on the il and he's gonna be on it for fifteen days. Blake Snell returns tomorrow, so status quo here, and it looks like Roki Sasaki has been bumped to Monday against the Giants. So in a lot of ways, Blake Snell's willingness to come back and pitch against the Braves helps the Dodgers out. It's a better matchup for Snell to go up against the Braves than it would be for Roki Sasaki to go up against the Braves, an easier matchup for Roki on Monday against the Giants. So Snell's having an effect on two games by him being willing to, you know, forego his last rehab start to be able to pitch in the big leagues and make his season debut tomorrow. So that's a good thing. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Braves three to one. By the way, tomorrow night is Blake Snell Bobblehead night. Nobody planned it that way, but that's the way it's lined up. As the Dodgers had an make a decision knowing that there was a very good chance they were going to have to do what they did and place Glass now on the il that means Blake Snell. His willingness to want to come back just shows you how much he wants to pitch this season and not look back after starting the season a little delayed. Let's go out to Brentwood Sherwin. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Sherwin.
Speaker 4: I'm doing well in yourself, mister Vassay, tremendous. I'm glad to hear it. Two things. One you're gonna like, one you may not like. But I'm gonna throw it up at you. I thought the adulation you gave to Freddie Freeman tonight was terrific. I've been around for a cup of tea a few times in my lifetime. He's one of the best hitters I've ever seen, and I've been going back to with baseball probably fifty sixty years, and I think he is close to the top of one of the best hitters that I've ever seen, Freddie Freeman. So I was very glad you threw him a lot of flowers tonight. I was not happy that you ripped him apart when he first joined the Dodgers, and he was very emotional and he let it all out with tears. And so forth, and you were very cruel to him at the time. And I won't forget that last thing. I've got to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know, I okay, okay, what else you got?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 2: Well, but man, you're a longtime listener. You're going all the way back to his first year with the Dodgers. I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Old in a minute, your your buddy, Brad Paisley. You're aware of what NBC did for him tonight.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. I was at the game.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, I figured as much. NBC gave about a four or five minute deal at the end of their newscast tonight, and it was about a great American. They're taking an American from now until the July fourth holiday, and they're celebrating the great Americans, so forth and so on. Tonight it was Brad Paisley, and it was really touching. And I was thinking about you when they showed that thing tonight. So I don't know how you would get a hold of that video, but try to get it. But he was beautiful tonight, Brad Paisley. So that's all I want to say. Goodnight, mister Vesay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Sherwin Man you were a oil listener. You know about Brad Paisley. You've been listening since Freddie Freeman first came from the Dodgers and the Braves. I remember that. It was a tearful press conference return to Atlanta. I remember that. But yeah, obviously Freddie Freeman now is entrenched with the Dodgers. And I would venture to say, if Freddie Freeman, if his career ended tomorrow, and if there was a world where he would be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame the day after, what team would he pick to have on his hat? Would it be the Braves or would it be the Dodgers. If you would have told me the year that he left the Braves and came to the Dodgers, I would say it's Atlanta Slamdunk. But now I would say it would be either no logo on his cap, on his plaque in Cooperstown, or I would say, you know what, the Dodgers may have more of a chance than you would have thought, because his two signature moments of his career are in a Dodger uniform on the biggest stage and winning back to back championships. So I would say right now, because of how much you know Atlanta and the Braves meant to him, and obviously how much the Dodgers mean to him now and the moments he's had here. I would say, when Freddie Freeman goes into Cooperstown, he won't have a logo on his hat. I think Greg Maddox also did not have a logo on his hat, so I feel like Freddie Freeman would be in that category as well. All Right, that'll do it for us. On Dodger Talk tonight, Blake Snell is on the mound tomorrow. The two time Cy Young Award winner is making his first start of the year. I would expect him to go at least five innings tomorrow, going up against Spencer Stryder, who's making only his second start of the year. Strider was on the il with an oblique strain in his first start five days ago. He went three and a third gave up three earned runs. So Blake Snell making his first start of the year, going up against Spencer Strider, who's making just his second start of the year on stage at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium tomorrow night. Our coverage begins at five o'clock. First pitch at six' ten With Rick monday And Tim. Neverett thanks To Colin ee back at Our burbank. Studios thanks To dwayne McDonald out here At Dodger, stadium and thanks to you for. Listening in case you missed any of the. Show you know where to find it The iHeartRadio, app make us a, preset stream Us, live and also don't forget you can listen to us on ONE o four to THREE hd, TWO a lot of ways to Find Dodger, talk a lot of ways to Find Dodger baseball on a five to SEVENTY La sports once. Again the final score tonight The dodgers beat The braves three to. One we'll talk to you tomorrow on Snell Zilla Saturday seal