Speaker 1: That's red.
Speaker 2: Enter it now at KDWB dot com. Okay, go do that on the website KDWB dot com. You can also poke around on there. Look at our weekend in five photos for all the adorable, exciting photos of pets and kids and activities. Check on the Bailey tab, the vont tab, the Dave and the Jenny tab for our Weekend in five photos on ktiwb dot com. The keyword is read it's a Monday, and I got a little Monday.
Speaker 1: Motivation for you.
Speaker 2: I like this one because it's brief and it's simple, and it's powerful. If you went back and fixed all the mistakes you've ever made, you would erase yourself. I'll read it again. If you went back and fixed all the mistakes you've ever made, you would erase yourself. And I think that's true and powerful because a lot of what we are in life is a culmination, culmination, culmination of all the things that have happened to us, including the mistakes. So maybe you dropped out of college before you graduated, Maybe you got married way too young, Maybe you had ten thousand dollars inheritance and you blew it. Well, that's okay. If you went back and fixed all the mistakes you've ever made. You would erase yourself.
Speaker 3: And you learn and grow from mistakes that you've made, so you wouldn't be nearly as complete of a person had you not made the mistakes in the first place.
Speaker 1: I like that a lot. There is your mundane motivation. Motivated, Yeah, all right, motivated. Don't forget The keyword is read. Make sure you go take care of that.
Speaker 2: You get a chance to win one thousan dollars and go to jingle Ball in New York City. We talk about how to play the game. You got to think about what you're going to spend the money on. You get one thousand dollars, what are you going to blow it on? Maybe get your family a pool to That would be something really cool that you don't need and you'd never use after the first year.
Speaker 4: And then you can't even sell it because nobody wants to move it out of your house. Nobody wants to require them to move it.
Speaker 2: And when you move out of your house, you'll include the pool table because you don't want it.
Speaker 3: You know. At the Twin Cities conne yesterday they had like droids rolling around like R two D two That's what I would blow my I want a little droid, Okay.
Speaker 1: Just kind of I love it. That's great.
Speaker 4: We treat myself to like the nicest spot day ever. Like I've never been to Hotel Ivy spa, but I've seen it in photos and it looks like the most beautiful thing ever. And I would just like spend every ounce I have of that thousand dollars there? Where's that at downtown Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: I've never been to a spa where it's like I've gone in and gotten a massage and get the facial But are there spas And this is a dumb question where you go in and it's like a day to go in and they give you like water that's got cucumbers in it and you sit around sauna in a robe, and I mean, what all you do there?
Speaker 5: Well? I just went to what House spad the other day and they this isn't a plug, but like they do all day. They do just facial like they give you like a full lineup of different things you could do and they'll take care of you for real.
Speaker 4: So I did like a bachelorette party like spot A once. It was more just a half day thing, but was still like a handful of ours. We did like assault room, and I'm gonna be honest, that was the most weird thing I've ever been into. You sit in these lawn chairs, like the type that kind of recline, like a reclining chair, like you would have literally on your patio deck, like they weren't anything for round.
Speaker 5: And the salt room what it's supposed to like cleanse your your lungs or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you just sit there for an hour. I think we were supposed to be quiet ing it and we were all talking.
Speaker 5: And you paid what seven hundred dollars?
Speaker 1: I just remember, no, yeah, yeah, to cleanse your auras.
Speaker 2: Whatever your thousand dollars is, you need to use it on use that keyword read and enter that for your thousand dollars. And a trip, very cool seasonal trip to go to New York City to go see jingle Ball their version of jingle Ball. Red is the keyword on CAB dot com.
Speaker 5: You know what else is on KWB dot com The Minnesota goodbye?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, what is that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: This you guys is well, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: I'm not on it.
Speaker 1: I have no clue.
Speaker 2: Go it is We record it every day and it's just kind of a fun little discussion of whatever we want to talk about. We read a lot of emails with people who write in and little comments about the show or questions or whatever, and it's just fun. One of the favorite things we do all day the Minnesota Goodbye and check it out. It's like fifteen bonus minutes of stuff from the Dave Ryan Show. I get something else that I want to plug. This is so cool. I'm very happy to do this. Tomorrow night, we're doing Ukulele Club. Yeah, it's a perfect indoor winter cold weather activity and we're doing it here at the radio station tomorrow night, and everybody's invited. If you got a ukulele and a music stand, then you're invited.
Speaker 3: Also, if you don't have a music stand, you are also invited. Because I never have a music stand and I still go to You always share with somebody. I share or I use a chair like a bum and you.
Speaker 1: Can share off of mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've got a ukulele and you bought one and thought by and learn to play this and you never did, and it's sitting in a closet, get it out, bring it down.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I will help you tune it up. I'll teach you a couple of chords, and by the end of the night you'll be playing a couple of songs. Yeah, So bring your kid, bring your partner. It's here at the radio station tomorrow night, six point thirty until eight or so something like that.
Speaker 3: It's fun and entheasy, and then you get to make some friends. Yeah, so you should come to Ukulele Club.
Speaker 2: And I'll show you around the radio station too. So come down, say hi. I'll be there and get your ukulele out. Whether you played for years or whether you've never played before. Maybe you've got one of the closet, Maybe you learned a couple of chords and you gave it up. Come down to Ukulele Club tomorrow night. And then maybe it's something that music is so good for your heart and soul, and playing music and making music is so good for your mind because when you're doing that, you really can't stress about anything else.
Speaker 1: And your fingers too for dexterity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything else kind of vanishes when you are playing music. So if you want to find out more about it, any questions, send me a text. I'll text you back. Like where and when in directions and that type of thing. Send me a text to kd WB one. Jenny has one of my ukuleleist because I loaned it to her about five years ago and she never gave it back. But I guess I'm supposed to forget about it after all these years.
Speaker 4: Jenny's been on Reddit. It's coming up and I'm going to tell you, guys what I'm going to talk about. We're going to give you a little holiday food quiz. Since tis the season, the holidays are coming right around the.
Speaker 1: Corner, all right, It's coming up next on KDWB. Oh. Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 4: Thanksgiving and Christmas I right around in the corner. So we're doing a little holiday food quiz. I'm gonna go just start with Dave. You're going to try to answer this question. Then I'll go to a question for Bailey. Okay, ready, Dave, what sweet dish is often topped with marshmallows at Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Yams or sweet potatoes, sweet potato cass role.
Speaker 1: I'll give you that.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's correct, all right, Bailey? Which sauce is a Thanksgiving stable made from tart red berries. Cranberry sauce good job, Bailey, BoNT yese. What ingredient is essential in tradition? Stuffing?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: God, uh, I don't need stuffing.
Speaker 1: I don't know what do you guys think? Dave, feeling like lizzards and lymph nodes, just say like meat or no? Like bread? Yeah? Bread? I was gonna say, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: All right, all right?
Speaker 4: What is the most this is for Dave? What is the most traditional main dish served at Thanksgiving in the US? That is correct? I promise these get a little harder. Okay, Bailey? What savory Christmas side dish combines bread, onions, herbs, and often sausage.
Speaker 1: That's stuffing.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's it's sausage.
Speaker 1: It wasn't. Yeah, that's the meat. I was thinking.
Speaker 4: Which vegetable side dish is often made with fried onions on top?
Speaker 5: Jenny, Dave gets what's the best food? And do you want me to give choice?
Speaker 1: No? I know that one.
Speaker 5: I know with onions on top?
Speaker 4: Yeahs on hap? Which vegetable side dish is often made with fried onions on top?
Speaker 1: It's my favorite?
Speaker 4: Creamed spinach, green bean, castrole, sweet potato mash, or roasted brussels b Yes, yes, I mean, Von might have different food than we do. Honestly, Jersey's weird, you know, a little different.
Speaker 5: I've never had anything.
Speaker 4: I think green bean castle is a little bit more of a midwesternable.
Speaker 1: Though, is it in Colorado.
Speaker 4: Speak?
Speaker 1: Okay? Dave?
Speaker 4: Which meat is the centerpiece of many Christmas dinners in England?
Speaker 1: Hasty pudding?
Speaker 4: Meat?
Speaker 1: That is it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I heard bring miss and figgi pudding?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 4: No? Meat is the centerpiece? Bailey?
Speaker 1: Do you know sausage? Is it ham?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: You want to take a guess what meat? Chicken?
Speaker 1: Chicken?
Speaker 4: It's roast beef. That's so Christmas dinners in England.
Speaker 1: Roast beast.
Speaker 4: Maybe you'll know this too, since you've been to London. What traditional British treat often contains I don't even know how to say this word suet, s u suet, spices and dried fruits. What traditional British treat often contains suet, spices and dried fruits?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, I know it because we used to make it back at the farm when I worked at the historic Farm, But I can't remember the name.
Speaker 1: Dave, Do you know it? Fruitcake?
Speaker 3: But you probably don't know it's not me pie it's you're getting there pie. It's something pie pot pie.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, so good.
Speaker 4: Bot Which state in the US produces the most turkeys each year? You have multiple drive North Carolina, Iowa, Minnesota, or Texas.
Speaker 5: I was gonna gets Minnesota, to be honest, there's so many turkeys here.
Speaker 4: It is Minnesota.
Speaker 5: There's always when I'm trying to come up here by Zania, whatever this road is, and there's a bunch of turkeys always crossing.
Speaker 1: Yes, well those are wild turkeys.
Speaker 5: Turkeys.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, you're such a city boy, you really are. Honestly, what those turkeys came out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: I feel like we didn't have just turkeys wandering around until like the.
Speaker 1: Last ten years.
Speaker 4: They've like taken over the streets of northeast Minneapolis. There are like enough in Saint Louis Park two where I live. But I'm telling you, I walk down the street, they come after me. They're snapping in a like a pyramid formation.
Speaker 1: See, they're like the Jets. They like get off of us streets.
Speaker 4: All right, one last one. I'll give this one to you, Dave First. Sure, and many cultures eating what food at New Year's is said to bring prosperity due to its round shape.
Speaker 1: Black Eyed Peas. Oh, I would have believed you.
Speaker 4: It is like I mean, you could say it's like close to.
Speaker 1: That Pizza Bailey.
Speaker 4: Do you know no they say lentils. Yeah, okay, number this lentils. I believe maybe it's both wow and there you go. Jenn learn about it today.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jenny. Dave Dirt coming up in a second. We got the Grammy Award nominees, we got the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Taylor Swift another photo op, this time with Sabrina Carpenter. What's the occasion You'll hear about it next? On Dave's Dirt.
Speaker 1: Now it's Dave Dirt on Kati w B.
Speaker 2: I've been tempted to listen to this all morning, and I haven't done it yet. But Jim Carrey was at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction the other day and he was inducting Sound Garden and he broke into a character named Fire Marshall Bill. Now you might not remember the character Fire Marshall Bill, but it was kind of like a pyromaniac character that he did on TV back in the mid nineties. And I think it was on Mad TV, and he was always like hi bo, and he had burns all over him because he'd like, you know, he's a pyro and he's a fire marshal. So here is Jim Carrey in that character.
Speaker 5: After the show, they handed me what is to this day one of my most prized possessions, the Fender telecaster Chris played on.
Speaker 1: The show, signed by the whole band.
Speaker 6: Pay no attention to the burnmarks on the pit guard.
Speaker 1: Someone backstage.
Speaker 6: Less, you're playing with matches, So.
Speaker 1: Okay, kind of cool. Glad we listened to it. Yeah, it's kind of cool. Yep.
Speaker 4: I saw pictures of him with the Taylor Momson on the Red carpet and so if you don't know who that is, she played Sidney lu who in the Grinch version that Jim Carrey did, and those two haven't been together in like twenty five years. And now Taylor's in like a rocky me band and stuff. She looks very different than little Sydney Loeu did. So that was funny.
Speaker 5: And Jim Carrey looks old.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean he is.
Speaker 1: It's like, no, he's sixty five, sixty three, that's not old, okay.
Speaker 5: I just like his age that's all.
Speaker 1: I love them. Me and my sister used to wish he was our dad. I know, he's so funny, so good in Liar, Liar, Yes, and the Mask Almighty and the Gringe.
Speaker 5: Does that keep going?
Speaker 4: I think The Grinch is probably my favorite Christmas movie with him in it. It's so good.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Movie?
Speaker 4: Are we done?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Keep going? Movies that sucked this weekend is the biopic Christy that Sidney Sweeney started. It barely made a million dollars despite a lot of promotion for the movie, and Sydney also started in two other movies that sucked as.
Speaker 1: Well this year.
Speaker 4: One was called Eden and it only earned two point five million at the box office. Another one called Americana, and it made even less, had five hundred thousand. Sydney Swinging needs to land herself another rom com gig like the Anyone But You movie she did was.
Speaker 5: Not doing herself any favors by smooching up with a Scooter Brawn in Times Square.
Speaker 4: When it comes on to it, she's probably using him for connections.
Speaker 1: Yeah right.
Speaker 3: I wonder if she's trying too hard to be like a serious actress, so she's only taking like these serious roles when she should just stick to what the people want, which is fluffy, fluffy, pretty girl roles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she kind of got typecasted after being the hot one in Euphoria.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she was for.
Speaker 3: Once I learned about Chris Chris Jenner's birthday party. This is I've been learning more and more about it as I go on. So she turned seventy over the weekend, her kids, all of the Kardashians threw her this ginormous birthday party that was at Jeff Bezos's mansion. And here's some people who were in attendance. Oprah Winfrey, Chris Rock, Mariah Carrey, Adele, Tyler Perry, Wow, Harris Hilton and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. They all came to her birthday party. I want to know, like, are you actually friends with these people? No?
Speaker 1: Or are they all just a lesters who go to a lester parties? Yes?
Speaker 2: I would choose the latter again, right, It's just so wild. Snoop was at the Pittsburgh game last night and it was Pittsburgh and met La Chargers, and he was standing on the sideline like holding up statistic cards, and I'm like, is that Snoop. And then of course when he turns his head and you see his like you know, braids, it's like, yeah, Snoop. He has become like mainstream America's fun uncle.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is like the weird fun uncle. Like, well, that's just Uncle Snoop again exactly.
Speaker 5: The Grammy nominations came out the other day after the show ended, and one of the big things people are talking about is the Weekend getting snubbed because he's not nominated for anything but had a big album. We just played one of his songs not too long ago. I don't know what the reason is. I do know that the Weekend had beef with the Graham I guess the Academy and the people who are in charge of the Grammys because this past Grammys, this earlier this year was his first time back and he we thought he deaded the boy, but now he's not there.
Speaker 2: Well, it was something where he was he wasn't nominated, so he was salty about it. So then he said, I'm gonna withdraw all my songs from competition. Then he's like, I'm gonna go back and I'm gonna put my songs back in the competition. That's kind of like dumping somebody for somebody else and telling him that they're a horrible person, then coming back and.
Speaker 1: Going, yeah, I kind of want to date you against.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, Kitch, that's sorry, it's water under the bridge.
Speaker 5: Yeah he did something with I don't know what the name the guy is, but the guy that kind of runs the Grammy's earlier this year, so we thought that everything was all swept under the rug, but I guess not. But some of the category nominations, it's all the typical ones you'd expect. Album of the Year, You got a bad Bunny in there, Justin Bieber, Sabrita Carpenter, Lady Got God, Keja Lamar, Leon, Thomas Tyler, the creator and Clips push a t At Malice Okay. Best New Artist Alex Warren, Addison, Ray Katsi, Leon, Thomas Lowly Young, the Marias Olivia Dean Somber. Song of the Year DTMF, which is a bad bunny song, Wildflower by Billie Eilish, Anxiety, Dave's Favorite Song, That's a Joke by Doci Golden by Hunter Tricks from k Pop, Demon Hunters, Luther from Kendrick and Sizza Abrica, Dabro, which is a great song from Lady Gaga, apt Rose and Bruno and Manchild by Sabrina.
Speaker 3: I also think too because I'm a big fan of K pop Demon Hunters, but that their song being nominated is the first K pop song that's ever been nominated for a Grammy.
Speaker 1: Very likely. Yeah, and I.
Speaker 5: Think Bad Bunny's the first I don't know what it's actually called, but first Latin artist to have a song in one of those big categories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So shout out.
Speaker 5: To them and the Grammys happens.
Speaker 1: I think the first week of February. I don't know. Wasn't Ricky Martin nominated for something?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, I didn't get exactly what it is, right, but I know that's a record in some way, all right.
Speaker 2: Last story, Sabrina Carpenter and Taylor Swift were spotted going out to dinner the other day. So Taylor is putting on a parade of her potential bridesmaids, and she is notifying the press that, yeah, her people will leak to the press and the and the paparazzi.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're going to be at Noodles in Company having dinner later on tonight. So you might want to be parked outside with your camera. So then Taylor and Sabrina pull.
Speaker 1: Up, you know, to get their rosa fresco, and.
Speaker 2: Then they walk into Noodles and Company and it's like, oh my god, a Brina.
Speaker 1: Carpenter had the Wisconsin Mac and cheese, so good, good choice.
Speaker 2: That is the dirt brought you by six point two injured Himer Lammer's injury law