Speaker 1: Hey, we are not perfect, and you know we are alive and we are human.
Speaker 2: Don't get to say we on this one. Okay, it's just not a Jenny Bailey fall.
Speaker 1: When something goes really good, you guys want to be included, But when it doesn't go well, it's like gardener, do with it. I accidentally left Bailey's microphone on during a recording of the Minnesota Goodbye What did you say? Anybody anything?
Speaker 3: Talking about spaghetti and putting parmesan cheese on spaghetti, and we got eight hundred billion text messages being like, Bailly, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: And Vonn's like waving at us. I'm like, what not even see the text messages I just happened to. I turned my thing back up and I was like, wait a minute, what the hell's going happening? I hear Bailey way much more than.
Speaker 1: I've been to.
Speaker 2: I was giving my hot take on how I eat spaghetti.
Speaker 4: But people thought that you were just talking over day out of nowhere about spaghetti, which does happen?
Speaker 1: It does?
Speaker 2: You should go listen to the podcasting.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Now check out the podcast and see what we were really talking about. The Minnesota Goodbye podcast it is a bonus fifteen twenty minutes of stuff that we don't get to talk about on the radio. We're to do a little game of face off right now. I think font is hosting face Off?
Speaker 2: Who would you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? Are you once a month? Who do you want to play on face Off?
Speaker 2: Let's have Jenny and Bailey play against very good to go do squats outside? Cool Dave.
Speaker 4: Will you go to T two and just fire off the fifteen second timer?
Speaker 2: Than will be helpful.
Speaker 4: And also while Bailey's going outside, I just want to remind you that Holiday Station Star is big partner for Christmas Wish, but they also have a seven dollars meal deal going on right now where you can get any personal pizza and a drink with it.
Speaker 2: Right. Let's play all right, face off? You have fifteen seconds, Jena. I'm gonna give you three categories. You have to name as many things in that category and try to beat Bailey. Ja good lucky. First category and listen closely to the categories. Okay, First category, Jenny, liquids, you should not drink.
Speaker 4: Go oil gas.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: It's rubbing alcohol, vodka, beer.
Speaker 4: I give you those, Hey, you shouldn't drink those they're not good for you.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking like soap, pine salt. Fabulo. So those types of next one modes of transportation other than cars.
Speaker 4: Go, plane, train, bicycle, unicycle, roller blades, a surfboard, a scooter, a skateboard, a longboard, a another.
Speaker 2: Nope, that's a dave. Would you would you count skateboard and longboard of those two different things? Yeah, they are.
Speaker 5: They're totally two different things.
Speaker 1: They're the same thing. I'm sorry they are not.
Speaker 2: The same thing.
Speaker 4: You cannot do the tricks that you do on a skateboard on a long board. True, they're two different modes of transportation.
Speaker 2: Last one is things you see in a child's playroom.
Speaker 4: Go toy house, dolls, barbies, legos, rowblocks, magma tiles, books, building blocks, squishy squishmallows, plushies.
Speaker 2: Uh is a plushy? Is that something.
Speaker 5: Confused with furry?
Speaker 2: That's the thing, like a beating baby is a plushy? Okay, come on back in.
Speaker 1: There, comes Bailey j Ack to the microphone. Oh, your microphone is still on. We'll just leave it on all the time.
Speaker 2: Why all right, Bailey Jay, Listen closely to the categories. Jenny's kind of struggled. Oh, don't tell her that she struggled poorly. Actually, okay, here we go. First category is liquids. You should not drink.
Speaker 3: Go gasoline, olive oil, uh, cleaning fluid, toilet bowl cleaner, scrubbing bubbles, uh, moonshine, absence.
Speaker 4: See they wouldn't give me the alcohol, so you can't give it alcohol.
Speaker 2: Not absence, Well, you shouldn't drink absent scro no, no, all right. Next category is modes of transportation other than cars.
Speaker 3: Go, bicycles, tricycles, a train, dirigible, an airplane, a one of those cute little boardwalk cars that has the bike wheels on it.
Speaker 2: Walking things, the tram car.
Speaker 5: It's like a four person pedal bikes.
Speaker 2: Okay, i'll give you that. I'm not giving you walking. That's a form of transportation.
Speaker 3: Not next, you would walk everywhere if the judge that's the dumb you're the dumbest judge ever.
Speaker 2: Jot. Well, I don't know. I called you, Josh, judge, Josh. Here we go. Last category is things you see in a child's playroom.
Speaker 3: Go oh, building blocks, barbies, dolls, a place at a dollhouse, fun, wallpaper, h dress up clothes, puzzles, board games.
Speaker 2: Okay, alright, tough round, guys, tough round. Might I add Jenny's the same person that earlier this week said igloo rhymes with corkscrew. It's not true. All right, liquids you should not drink. Bailey, you got five. Ye not give you the alcohols. I didn't give Jenny hers either. Jenny got three. You got through and you both started with you said oil gas and I don't remember what the agent said anyway. Modes of transportation other than cars. Jenny you got nine. Oh wow, nice Jenny, Bailey you got six. I'm not giving you walking. It's not a mode of transportation, it's not. And last category things you see in a child's playroom. Guys came very close Bailey at nine, Jenny you got ten.
Speaker 5: WHOA Like, there's no chance I'm winning this game today.
Speaker 2: Let me ask a question though, because Jenny said roadblocks roadblocks. You don't physically see that, right. Isn't roadblocks an app like I.
Speaker 1: Believe it is. Yeah, it's like minecraft, Yeah, I think so. Yeah, But there might be like roadblocks toys. Now I'm not really sure.
Speaker 4: I thought there was like a toy stell, but I might be wrong. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't have kids. Well if did, he wins, Okay, thank.
Speaker 1: Good job after a slow start. Thank you? How did you do on face off? We are coming back in a second. Vaughan's gonna stir the pot. It's been a while since he's stirred the pot. What is on his mind? And we still want to remind you Christmas Wish. If you want to nominate somebody or donate, we would really appreciate that. We do need donations. We are pulling out all the stops to get extra money for Christmas Wish, and we got more things up our sleeve for tomorrow. But if you want to just plain old make a donation, you can do that. It is tax deductible. Katiewbat On comm slash wish d W B bur Baby. It is cold outside. It's minus five right now. You can tell us cold because this time of the year, when you look at the Twin Cities, like the skyline, it is enshrouded and missed, and a lot of the time, like the big power plants are just belching out steam. That's not smoke or pollution, that's just steam that you can't see. During the warm months, but this time of the year, yes, you can. Plus the sun goes down at about two thirty this afternoon. Really, what are you doing to keep yourself cheerful this time of the year? Anything?
Speaker 2: No, I just cry.
Speaker 1: You just cry, drink and cry, cry, drink.
Speaker 4: Having a lot of wine in my house at all times. No, Honestly, I said this yesterday. I put up all of my Christmas stuff over Thanksgiving and it is really brightened my mood because just like the lights and the decor, it feels so homey. And I know we were talking earlier about how like the lead up to Christmas is better than Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: I do kind of feel like that because I just.
Speaker 4: Sit in my sunroom where I watch TV, and I'm just like so happy with my tree and my lights and stuff.
Speaker 2: You're like, this is so nice.
Speaker 5: What do you do, Bailey to stay well?
Speaker 3: I honestly, I coach a high school speech team, and if I didn't have it, I would be so depressed all winter long. But it keeps me busy and motivated and out of the house.
Speaker 2: Have you started. Have you tried your walking pad that you got? I have.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've used it a couple of times, but I honestly haven't been home very much. I've gotten it so not a lot, but I planned to, especially now because I can't walk outside anymore.
Speaker 5: So, Von, what do you do to stay happy?
Speaker 2: Watch Christmas movies? That's not even a joke. I love the holiday season like more than like the same way you like pumpkin spice and you love your fall. I love sitting watching Frost in the Snowman. The Santa Claus movie brings me so much joy.
Speaker 1: I treat myself to a hot green tea every afternoon. That is my favorite indulgence. I just love it. And I'm kind of a stickler. I have a little scale and I weigh out exactly six grams, and I put in just the right of one hundred and seventy five degree water, and you steep it for three minutes, no more, no less. And it is so good of you. It is. It is a little bit fufu. It's kind of like a hobby, like a little bit a little of a passion.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And there's so many different green teas, and there's local missus Kelly's Tea, and so there's all kinds of different things just to kind of like, you know, you wake up from your naps, like, oh, what am I gonna do? I'm gonna have a green tea. I am fancy. You know what I want you to think of me as fancy.
Speaker 5: You are the opposite of fancy.
Speaker 1: I am so I mean by that, I am fancy Chanson. It's a tony neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have your.
Speaker 4: Little mcmonsion, but your is like big in size, but outdated in the sense that you have a bunch of roosters all over your kitchen, like poorly hung pinterest looking in decor in the living.
Speaker 1: Room, playing that on Susan. That is Oh man, if you ever stood in my living room, and who knows, maybe one day you will, you never know what light will bring you. Look at the craft that Susan's hung on the wall and it's like, this is not the core. This is an advertisement for her former born and brush studio. I can't tell her anything, all right, exact right, yes, it'll say chan Hassen Minnesota, home since nineteen ninety seven, like go all right, vaunt, stir the pot.
Speaker 2: Just talk about Christmas movies and I want to die down the hype with home alone. It's not the greatest Christmas movie of all time, Guys, I agree, you agree of all time? I agree, but I think it's still like.
Speaker 1: I love Home Alone. I never get tired of watching it. It was so fun to see. I read something last night that Joe Peshi and Daniel Webster whatever his name was, to play the other guy the Wet Bandits. They thought the movie was gonna suck. They thought it was gonna bomb, so they overplayed everything. Because Joe Peshi is like a serious actor. Yeah, so he was in this goofy role and he overplayed everything because he thought it was gonna suck, and it turned out it made the movie even.
Speaker 2: Better, right, Yeah, with all these goofy then.
Speaker 1: The yelling and the hitting and facial expressions, he overplayed it. I love Home Alone. I would say top three Christmas movies of all time.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't because I mean, it happens around Christmas time. Sure, but like Christmas movies, they have a little like a Christmas Jena se quad to it. Like Elf it's about an Elf. The Santa Claus movie with Timala, it's about how it's becoming sants A. Home Alone is just, first of all, the same plot each time, the same exact and they just leave him home alone. They leave him home alone. That has nothing to do with Christmas other than it happens during Christmas.
Speaker 1: Big whoop?
Speaker 2: Could it have happened in Valentine's Day a Christmas movie?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes it is, because it happens at Christmas. It's got Christmas festivities in it. They're going on a Christmas trip. And if you look at the show, everything in that show in that house is red and green, the wallpapers, the carpet, the furniture, everything. And I didn't notice that until somebody pointed it out. Everything from the countertops to the cabinet, the beds, the quilts red and green.
Speaker 2: What makes that movie? If you took out that right now, then it could happen any time of year. Elf. You can't make that happen any of the time of the year. They're snow in the yard. There's snowing the yard in the yard a Christmas movie. And they got so lazy they just did the same plot to I well multiple times. But the only two that really counted the first two home alone movies.
Speaker 1: Ooh, okay, there, what do you think just home alone? Would would you say the.
Speaker 2: San is the best Christmas movie. Yes it is with Tim Allen, Yes, talk about it better.
Speaker 4: Franchise Bernard First Love love that man. Yeah, I had a little crush on him. I did like him too, but I'm still the Grinch. Jim Carrey version is my favorite. Okay, fair enough. I would say Vacation is my favorite one.
Speaker 1: Probably. I'm a little bit burnout on Christmas Story. I've seen it so many times. I don't really want to see it again, but as an affectionate family traditional that's probably my second. And then Home Alone is three. Wow, what about you? What do you think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: And he texted in at Katie'll be one and said, vaunt, who hurt you?
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's a bad movie. It's just not a great Christmas movie. I could watch Home Alone any time of year. It's just like up at Christmas Carol.
Speaker 1: There are so many Thank Goodness for Christmas movies because we love them. Has anybody seen the Bills Love Story on the Hallmark Channel. I still have a goal to watch that. I tried to watch it and it makes you buy the Hallmark plus, I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, have any of you guys watched Fred Claus.
Speaker 2: That's what I think, so Vin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, it just came on the other day and so we started watching it, and honestly, it's pretty funny. And I only watched like half of it because I need to go to sleep, but like, it is pretty funny. It's about like Fred Claus and how his brother turns into Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Then? Yeah, Like FAM's character is like jaded because his brother turns into like a saint literally saints, and so it's all about their relationship in dynamic and Fred Klaus is like this big schemer and stuff.
Speaker 2: But it was pretty funny. I was shocked.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put that on my list. One that I have no desire to see is the Tim Burton Nightmare Before Christmas. Yeah. I know you like it, Bailey, but to me, just the look of the characters is like it just makes my guts turn upside down. It's just creepy. There's nothing appealing that one.
Speaker 2: How come we to give any love to polar express Okay, I don't know, don't you do it well? Expresses? Honestly, I think it's more iconic just because of how many memes we came out of it than it is for it being a good movie itself.
Speaker 1: I kind of agree with.
Speaker 2: A great movie, great book.
Speaker 3: I remember listening sitting Chris Cross applesauce on the floor, sitting in a circle being read that book in elementary school and drooling because I was so enraptured.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: What about you? What is the best Christmas movie? We'll do? Dave start coming up after Ed Sheeran on KATWB It's when.
Speaker 4: Hot topics and breaking news every hour on Dave start on.
Speaker 2: Katie w B.
Speaker 1: Well Tonight on Thursday Night football, I love that there's football on three professional football on three days a week. You got your Sunday, then you got Sunday night, then you got your Monday, then you got you Thursday night. Saturday is college football, although I believe college football is pretty much over, but then some of the championship games, the bowl games are being starting up soon. And then Friday Night, well, it used to be high school football. But I love football. Tonight I'm watching the Lions game. Go Lions, Vikings that gave up on you. By the way, did you hear this news? The Vikings have recruited a new starting quarterback. Oh Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite because he said in the in the application, he said he could throw that football clear over them mountains.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he could only go back yep, back in time.
Speaker 1: Choking it up with my soulmate.
Speaker 2: Could have really been something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Coach would have put me in, would have taken state.
Speaker 4: State when you were gone last week, I did set Dave up for a little Napoleon Dynamite and he kind of went off on his own. But it just wasn't the same without you here. I appreciate it, and so he kind of like he drowned a little bit. I just sat there and we were like, nah, yeah.
Speaker 1: They didn't appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: You get your dinner.
Speaker 3: Put your hand in the shape of a fist, and then slowly raise it up underneath your chin. Now imagine that there are tiny little sea horses all around you.
Speaker 1: Wow, I feel real relaxed.
Speaker 2: That's the one.
Speaker 1: Is there some sort of vests I can wear?
Speaker 2: It's a pizza crab. It doesn't even work.
Speaker 3: Go.
Speaker 4: Jenny Miley Cyrus is engaged and her father has congratulated her on the engagement. They've been distant, if not as strange since Billy divorced her mother Tish to run off with another woman who he also left for for Elizabeth Hurley apparently, so you know, lots of family drama with the Cyruses, but nice of her dad to congratulate her.
Speaker 3: Stranger Things keeps bringing things back. Nostalgia is alive and thriving, So Dave, maybe you'll have remembered these things from nineteen eighty nine because Nature Valley has re released fudge chip peanut butter.
Speaker 1: Boppers don't know that one, don't.
Speaker 3: No, Well, there's Steve Harrington approved from Stranger Things season five, and now if you want, you can buy them within a kit okay with the boppers a shirt and a recipe card for nineteen dollars and eighty seven cents. Okay, so two hundred and fifty buses while supplies last.
Speaker 2: If you guys want some of those, all right, thanks. Great New Year's Tradition or New Year's Christmas Tradition is the thirty Rockefeller Christmas Tree. They lit it up last night on TV. Tons of performances and Reba McIntyre was the host. We have a little clip of her performing a country Christmas song which I am not a fan of.
Speaker 1: I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 3: You don't hear the master.
Speaker 2: Right, don't think too far? But Shanda's got a.
Speaker 1: Vaughan doesn't like country Christmas song.
Speaker 2: I will say that this song is probably the only one I'd want to hear a country version of, Like imagine country jingle bells. I don't think that would hit something about run Round Rudolph, It's like, okay, that makes sense that Emma got run over by a reindeer.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, free, fair enough. Tickets to see The Wizard of Oz at the Sphere in Vegas range from one nineteen to three seventy seven. That is a four D experience. But is it worth it? There's so many like posts and memes and things about how Vegas has gotten so out of control expensive, and I kind of agree because there's so many taxes on everything, and if you want a cocktail in Vegas, it's going to be like twenty two dollars for a cocktail, eighteen dollars for a beer. It used to be like they would lure you in with free drinks and like, you know free like you gamble, you're playing the slot machine. Yeah, and then they would come around cocktail cocktail, cocktailtails, cocktails, and they still do, but not like they used to because they have learned that you will stay there and gamble, whether you're drinking for free or not.
Speaker 2: Is it bad that I'm twenty four and I have no desire to go to Vegas? Eva?
Speaker 1: No, none at all. No.
Speaker 2: I feel like Jenny Bailey. When you guys were my age, there was not desire, but you were like, yeah, I would go, and I would go.
Speaker 3: And when I turned twenty one, my mom and my sister all went because we were like, well, we're all twenty one and now we can go get the free cocktails. And that was kind of like a drawing point there. And I love fun Vegas.
Speaker 4: It is a.
Speaker 2: Love shit.
Speaker 5: I went three times between like twenty one.
Speaker 2: And twenty five.
Speaker 1: Jenny was hot and she no, let me tell the story. Let me tell the story. Yo, No, you were hot. So Jenny would walk down the strip and some they're called promoters, and it's some skeazy looking guys like, hey, you want to come to a party tonight at the wind Yeah, well here you go. Just take this ticket and they'll show you at the door because they want to load the place up with hot drunken women. And that's what Jenny was back then, a hot drunken woman. Hey now she's just drunk exactly.
Speaker 4: I do look back at some of that stuff and I kind of question our choices, but like whatever, we took advantage of that. We have like free drinks. But it was weird because promoters would hand walk us in like sometimes hold our hands, walk us into a VIP section and throw us in with a group of guys who had bottle service. They were not most of the time attractive, but they had bottles, but they had bottle service, and they were trying to give them a good experience by throwing random women in there. But like, that's the only reason I could afford Vegas was because I didn't.
Speaker 5: Pay for drinks there.
Speaker 4: Like, as a female, usually if you go with other females, you're not going to be paying for your drinks. You don't have to be super hot either, you have to be maybe like mediocre at best.
Speaker 1: I what if the super hot girls are, like, they've already got their free drinks lined up. They don't need to go to the wind and go to some Randos bachelor party with bottle service, all right, That is the dirt on kd WB, brought to you by six one two Injured Himer and Lammer's injury log. And to give a big shout out to College Muscle Movers, Treasure Island Holiday station Stores, Youth Link and Choice Bank are partners in helping out with Christmas Wish this year. We had a really nice, very very touching Christmas Wish today and we'll do another one tomorrow. Tomorrow's Friday already you guys, wow, And then all next week and the week after that, and then maybe the two days before Christmas if we still have some money, and another fun way to raise money tomorrow coming up on KDWB. Stay warm, bundle up, We'll see you tomorrow