Speaker 1: That's join the excitement at the Miller Lite Vikings Draft Party this Thursday, US Bank Stadium in current Vikings and legends, all while taking in the action of the first round with our live cafe and draft coverage. Get into your tickets now at Vikings dot com slash Draft Party.
Speaker 2: All right, that's hax Alverson, I from Dallas. He's calm, he's cool and collected.
Speaker 3: Oh kay, Jason Zucker next segment, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's right coming up, right up. That's Marty Gelner. Marty, do you know who that is?
Speaker 4: Hax Elverson. No, Jason Zucker. Oh are you familiar?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I used to play here.
Speaker 4: Now he plays for the Buffalo Sabers of Anna of course. All right, okay, yeah, okay, So he's going to be calling us on his way to practice because he has to practice. He's still playing hockey because Buffalo is actually in the postseason for the first time in six decades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that one long time? Yep.
Speaker 2: We haven't talked at all much about the twins. Toojohnny beans Bond's bones. It's the beginning of the end, the beginning of the end, though it could be the end of the beginning.
Speaker 3: Kind is Sauce, do you like when things begin or a better? Oh?
Speaker 4: Good question? Yeah, what's like when things begin? What's more interesting? Questions or answers?
Speaker 5: That's a good question. Uh, probably questions. Questions who question everything?
Speaker 3: What's more interesting?
Speaker 5: Now you don't have to answer everything, right, Questions are more interesting because it's what it's the answer that matters.
Speaker 4: Wow, I've never seen somebody immediately contradict themselves.
Speaker 3: Fast as you just did.
Speaker 5: Yes, I said the wolves are going to get swept, and now I'm saying they're gonna win the championship.
Speaker 3: I'm not smart.
Speaker 2: Were you hoping somebody disagree with you?
Speaker 3: I think he's disagreeing with himself. I'm just letting him go. Let the kid cook.
Speaker 6: Well, you don't have any knee jerk reactions, so I don't correct how you reform these opinions.
Speaker 3: Crystal has knee jerk reactions.
Speaker 2: That's mean just one. Oh, come on.
Speaker 3: Man, Chris steady.
Speaker 4: Yes, Sauce went to bed early last night because the tweets were few and far between.
Speaker 3: I knew how I could watch it.
Speaker 4: Ten hours ago, you tweeted a gift of Dwight Shrewd, looking annoyed with an eight and fifty and nine and thirty start for playoff games is ridiculous.
Speaker 5: It is, It's ridiculous. I know I did do full punctuation, but it's Twitter. You can find everything on Twitter. There's no need for punctuation on Twitter. You can find everything on Twitter. It's not the Bible, it's not huh like a legal document. Who cares if my punctuation is incorrect? You do ten hours ago? You tweet games over g A m E s games over good night? Was I believe after the Dallas Stars scored one goal?
Speaker 3: One goal? I went to bed, turned it off. Kelly was watching.
Speaker 2: Uh pornography?
Speaker 3: No like Kickboxer Mormon?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, she was watching kickbox Yeah, yeah, she was gambling on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow. H I don't think I've ever seen a Mormon fight.
Speaker 2: Charge has yeah, Walmart and Utah. Oh yeah, I just want some news marking. Did you come here for the news morning?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 1: This news with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 2: You got that right. Let me tell you about Saint Paul Saints baseball said Bob bye bye ball. Sorry, the Saints around of town right now, Johnny Bones, as you know, but that squad, baby, when they're wrapped up, they're gonna be back in town versus Iowa. And that would be the twenty eighth day of our lovely month of April.
Speaker 3: All right, great Stadium.
Speaker 2: Mid day eleven eleven or seven start on the twenty eighth day of April. Right now, they're in Indianapolis to play Indianapolis and the squad.
Speaker 4: April twenty eighth at shs Field is Mormon fight night, so you can bring your boxing gloves. If you're a Mormon, you can go onto the field and fight during the third inning.
Speaker 2: Says that Paul Charching is the don King of Utah.
Speaker 3: Wow, good charge. He'll be here on Thursday. We can ask him about is he kevinant studio?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, well he hates Utah.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're probably screaming at the radio right now. I'm not the dog kainga and I love it. Okay, Marty, you quit distracting me.
Speaker 6: Sorry, sorry about that.
Speaker 2: That's good. Tim Cook stepping down is the CEO of Apple after fifteen.
Speaker 3: Years hand of an era.
Speaker 2: That's right, Keby said. Cook will transition to the role of executi chairman on September first, fifty year old. I'm fifty. John Turnis would be the new CEO after previously overseeing hardware at Apple stepping down.
Speaker 3: It's big news, right sure, yeah, zach O.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they've been I mean they've been kind of hinting at this for a while, like John Turnas has been, you know, taking a bigger role in like their product announcements and stuff. So it's not a huge surprise to the insiders. But yeah, Tim's getting old. He's he's I mean, what ten xt this company since he took over, so he has made that company wealthy beyond their imaginations even with Steve jobs and best of luck to him. I guess I'll have a great retirement. I think he'll do just fine with what he got from Apple and the Social Security And.
Speaker 2: To see what they gave him as a parting gift Android, that's the weirdest thing.
Speaker 3: That's nice of him. I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Thank you hex Elverson and.
Speaker 3: They gave him an orange.
Speaker 2: That would have been better. I wish I had thought of that one.
Speaker 3: They also gave him an Xbox take that man.
Speaker 2: Not bad.
Speaker 3: You know what's not bad. It's not the worst thing. It's okay to go. That's not bad.
Speaker 2: The top spot as far as states go, they wouldn't kill you. The top spot as far as states go, when it comes to the number of imposter scams, would take you all day to identify. The number one state for imposter scams is Delaware. Digital Banking review platforms broke. Why is that? Honestly, why is that? Do you have a reason why it makes?
Speaker 3: Just no taxes and such like.
Speaker 7: I feel like that Delaware is a sort of financial financial hold place.
Speaker 2: Oh, Delaware stronghold place. I'm in Delaware, I mean Delaware. Digital banking review platform broker Chooser compile the rankings by examining scam reports made to the Federal Trade Commission. Researchers say delawareans that's how it really is, said experienced the most imposter scams, with nine hundred and thirty reports per one million people and residents lost it combined two and a half million dollars. That's num very much. Delaware is followed by Oregon, Colorado, Nevada, and Florida. I thought it was gonna be way more than it. Still, stop trying to scam me, Stop scamming baby.
Speaker 6: Just I heard about a scam the other day of again targeting the elderly, where Rosie Hockey. The scammer is calling like a grandmother and saying and then following it up with using AI to mimic the grand like saying I have your granddaughter and mimicking her voice and saying, you know, we we have your granddaughter and here she is, grandma.
Speaker 2: Help me yeap. In fact, they're saying, now if you can to stop recording your own voicemail greeting like, hey, this is Chris. You you missed me, Please leave a message, because that's how they get the AI to copy your voice.
Speaker 4: Dang well, they're never gonna have clear audio to access our voice.
Speaker 3: No way, how would they ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, if you get a call from me asking to see your things, it's AI. It's not really me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dad, don't answer your phone when HOT calls any.
Speaker 2: Please just get on Fat and Sassy. That was me.
Speaker 3: That's my outgoing voicemail.
Speaker 2: Will you follow instructions?
Speaker 3: That's true, I'm fat and sassy.
Speaker 6: Please.
Speaker 2: In Fairfax County, Virginia, I finally arrested a man only known as m rosen Oh, accused of breaking into several homes while wearing nothing but shoes.
Speaker 3: What hang on here, mom.
Speaker 2: The man is accused of breaking into several homes in northern Virginia over the past several weeks. Drones were able to pinpoint where the man was after police spotted him walking down the street just after five am last week. Please have been staking out a home in Centerville hope of finding him. He was arrested in charge with multiple counts of burglary and indecent exposure.
Speaker 4: You know, I actually think it's an interesting strategy because if you saw a naked person walking down the street, my guess is they'd be harder to identify by face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're just you're like, whoa, what is happening?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: Then they throw a police lineup, and then you're like, if you depants this person, I might have a chance.
Speaker 3: But otherwise I don't. I didn't get a good look at their face.
Speaker 2: A naked man walking down street. I would go, hey, Pa, you gotta be on A nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're going the wrong way, Pa, the studio's that way. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Please don't arise with the guys right now, please winner.
Speaker 2: Rule of three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well done?
Speaker 6: Do one that before?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 2: Don't they can no he already did.
Speaker 9: The guy's a professional stand up comedian. He can who yeah says who came on? Uh pa, keep your privates to yourself A joke.
Speaker 2: I mean that would be something to say. I get you right, I mean what two?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good? One? Tony's got my back ware?
Speaker 1: Do you go?
Speaker 2: Bones?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Thanks, Bo? Not bad Paul.
Speaker 2: Or Bones Highland and wise Bones Higland not getting any play. I love Bones, no bull.
Speaker 3: He was terrible in game one, but he was legit last night.
Speaker 8: That was.
Speaker 2: Yester complained about Bones and not getting enough playing time. So I that's an old take. My apologies.
Speaker 3: Have played ten minutes last night, scored thirteen points. Instant offense. That's his role, instant offense. Yeah, he's good and joke.
Speaker 6: He's not a great defender, and so if he doesn't play big minutes, it's usually because they need more defense than offense.
Speaker 2: We should talk more sport. Let's got a breaking talk sports because there's lot's going on.
Speaker 4: Yeh, Jason Zucker after this too. Let's talk a Buffalo Sabers hockey for a second, because our guy Jason is in the postseason and he's on his way to practice.
Speaker 3: He's calling us in a second Power Trot Money.
Speaker 1: Show joined the Powerstrip Morning Show up at Grandview Lodge April thirtieth and May first, I miss out on your shot to win great prize including a custom at Cafeane and Grandview, Cold branded golf bag at Taylor Made Driver and more. Oh and we mentioned a two night Grandview stay with food, golf, any massage at their spot at all the details at Cafe dot com slash Grandview.
Speaker 2: Hey Zach, go stick around because you are a hockey fan. I've been told you like hockey, you like the sport of hockey. And we have a guest on right now who's a player in the sport of hockey professionally. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome back to the show, Jason Zucker.
Speaker 3: Jason holds up. Guys, Good morning, man, what are you there? Are you?
Speaker 8: I'm doing well? How about you, guys?
Speaker 3: Oh, you know the same. We're great, the same old stuff.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Dude. The Buffalo Sabers are in the postseason. It's been a minute.
Speaker 4: But not only are you guys in the postseason, you're actually up one nothing on the Boston Bruins game that I gained two six thirty. Is the town just absolutely going nuts that you guys are finally a factor.
Speaker 8: Man, It's it's honestly been the craziest thing I've ever seen and been a part of. And I've been lucky enough to play for some unbelievable fan bases from Minnesota to Pittsburgh to Nashville, SUVNT caught up to Perish and that level. But overall, you know, seeing this now is for sure the craziest fan base I've ever seen. They've gone absolutely bananas. It's insanity everywhere in the city. But it's been really fun to see.
Speaker 5: Is what's the Bills Mafia version for the Buffalo Sabers.
Speaker 8: Man, there's guys that are in full gear rollerblading around town, like flasting their sticks on the ground, like fighting dummies in the you know, out front of the arena and the plaza there. Like it's been it's been another level of and I think part of it is obviously how long it's been since Buffalo has been in the playoffs and been able to have playoff hockey. And you know, I have been told a million times how great of a hockey town this is. But until you get to experience at you you obviously take it all with a grain of salt. But everything I was told is absolutely true and it's been fun. It's been fun to see.
Speaker 4: So what changed this season, Jason, Because I know, like a month into the season, Buffalo's record was garbage. I know a lot of Wild fans were hoping that Buffalo was going to keep failing because they wanted Tage Thompson to somehow be miraculously available in a trade. Right, that was the dream scenarios. How can we get our hands on Tage? But basically, since that point, like right maybe late November, early December, you guys have been one of the best teams in the NHL. So what changed from the first month of the season to the rest of it?
Speaker 8: You know, I think that switch is kind of hard to figure out, obviously, and I think it was a big coincidental with with the general manager change, but because realistically nothing really changed, you know, with with the team and with the players and all of that. But I do think there's ah anytime somebody gets fired in the organization, it obviously is a reflection of the players and how you're playing and obviously not doing your job or he would still have his job. So there's a there's a sense of responsibility from the player side, and I think it kind of lit a fire under everyone's ass a little bit and just kind of wanted to, you know, change it all. And I give a ton of credit to all of our all of our younger guys and core guys that have been here a while, the Tas Thompson's and Dolan's and Tucks and and them of the world, because you know, they've been the ones trying to you know, keep it on the rails and put it in the right position for for a while. And obviously it's been tough, but being able to do it this year and then sustain it for a long period of time has been, you know, been a good change for us.
Speaker 3: What was that four goal comeback like on Sunday?
Speaker 8: I mean it was insane. Boston played an unreal game. I mean we were out shooting him, but it just felt like, you know, they they just they got a couple of goals. The first one seemed to be a bit of a lucky bounce, and you know, going down to not that early, you know, I think that was in the early in the third. You know, we just wanted to stay on them. They really sit back and in a trap and and just have four or five guys back in the new zone the whole game. So for us, it was just about trying to stay on them and and pressure him enough that we can get around swaymen and get a couple of goals. And you know, Tomer, his hands are ridiculous, he's touch an unreal player. Obviously made a couple of great plays to get us back into it and then being able to take the lead. I think the you know, the ceiling came off the arena for a bit. It was it was pretty special. It was fun to be a part of.
Speaker 6: Hey, Jason, what's it like to play for Lindy Roff as someone who is so established and when the trend in professional sports seems to be going for coaches who are younger and younger, and here is a guy.
Speaker 4: Who is.
Speaker 6: Seasoned but also a legend in the game. What is Lindy like as a coach and also just as a guy off the ice?
Speaker 8: You know, he's as far as the coaching goes there, it's good and the bad that he's been around as long as he has. It's great because he's been through absolutely everything, right, He's been through every playoffs, here he can possibly be through. You know, he's had unbelievable seasons where they won the President's Trophy and had some that they're a lottery pick team and it's good to have that experience, fund a bench in the locker room and all those things. The negative to that is that you can't get away with anything because he's Sean absolutely everything as well, so he knows all the tricks of the trade from all the players side, you know, being pre Madonna's and everything else. But it's good for our group. It's good to keep everyone at check. It's good to uh have somebody like that too, you know, to lead us and for us to follow and kind of have everything dialed in all the time. So it's been great in off ice. He's an he's an unbelievable guy. He's uh, he's absolutely hilarious, loves joking around, likes to keep the mood light and uh, you know, he's been a great help for us.
Speaker 7: And do you uh, I mean, are you aware how much the Sabers are becoming not just I know it's you're big and Buffalo, but becoming the Nationals. Like the story of the NHL playoffs and the national amount of attention that you are receiving. I mean, can you and the team feel that which is kind of gathering around you right now?
Speaker 8: You know, it's always hard to measure it on more of a national level, but from you know, the local side has been so enormous that, uh, it's kind of consumed us in that sense, and uh, you know again, it's it's just been crazy to see it. You know, we obviously see some of the national stuff, but you know, obviously right now we're we're really trying not to follow any of it, to just keep our head down and look at look one game ahead and kind of move on from there. But overall, it's it has been fun, you know for me, obviously I've only been here, you know, two years now, but this like seeing this fan base rallied this much behind the team and be able to enjoy every bit of it. I'm so happy for the city and and the fans of the Sabers. It's just been, uh, it's been a long time coming for him, and obviously they've been through a ton and and now been able to be on this side of it. They're they're pretty excited, all right, I'll.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Zach. Oh, sorry, Corey go ahead.
Speaker 1: Uh No, there's a lot that is made about, you know, emotional victories and how you can go from a come from behind win and then you got to get right back at it for another game. How do you guys, you know, get back settled in, get back and focused and keep that whole nice advantage going against the Bruins tonight.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I think for us, we you know, we watched a ton of video yesterday because you know, we won that game, but we don't feel we played our best game. You know, we still had some things to work on and and get better, especially knowing that we're you know, you're playing the same team over and over. So it was good for us to kind of get in yesterday, get reset mentally and watch watch the video, realize what we did well and what we what we didn't, and uh, you know, be ready to get back after tonight.
Speaker 3: All right here, it is a worthless question of the day.
Speaker 4: I when I used to play Wayne Gretzky hockey and Nintendo sixty four great game. That was when the Sabers had that loos like bad ass, like red, black and white jerseys, and now of course they like the blue and yellow and white but I think you guys mix in the old school ones. Which ones do you prefer? Because those man, those old red, black and white ones were sick.
Speaker 8: Yea, yeah we we Unfortunately for playoffs, I think you have to kick one that you're gonna wear for the entirety of the playoffs, and they decided to go with with our blue and gold. But the black and red goa Ahead is my favorite personally. I think it's unbelievable, you know it. For me, it's on the same realm, uh in the same realm. Sorry of the Kachina Arizona Coyotes, Jersey those are those are two favorites that I personally played with and had, But I'm on your side.
Speaker 3: The red and black is another level super cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jason Hockey. Question for you living in Buffalo there, how great is it to have a casino right beside the arena?
Speaker 3: A brother, I knew something was common about.
Speaker 8: There's no chance you haven't been to this casino seventy five times. It's actually a great you know there, there's a couple of I've been I've been to this one a couple of times throughout the last coal years.
Speaker 3: But I think the fans love it.
Speaker 8: Every time I'm driving to the game, I drive right past it. I actually was just driving next to it thirty seconds ago.
Speaker 3: And it's jam full every single game day.
Speaker 8: So it's obviously a hit.
Speaker 3: Everyone loves it.
Speaker 8: You should come back and check it out.
Speaker 2: I love that little city, man, And I say, I know, it's not a little city. You get my point. It feels like when you're downtown, it's not a giant city. I really like that. I've never been there in the summer time. I shouldn't go ahead and qualify that I've only been there during football season, but that area downtown was like all the Italian restaurants and stuff like that. I love that place.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's been awesome. They you know, it's got everything you need, you know. I like having a smaller city personally, you know.
Speaker 3: I love where we live. It's a great area.
Speaker 8: You know. All of it's been been awesome and they treat us extremely well, so I can't complain it's been great.
Speaker 2: It's been great hearing your voice.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: We missed you here and we're rooting for you. And uh, obviously if you I'm not gonna Jason, but if you have a certain trophy, we would love to see it at some point. How's that I didn't. I didn't jink, So is that not Jason?
Speaker 3: That's good?
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, good, good.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it. I appreciate it. Guys. Good do good to chat with you, and I hope you guys are all doing well.
Speaker 3: Thank you, brother Jason, Thank you guys. Real the Buffalo Sabers it's what's the name of that casino? He doesn't know.
Speaker 2: I really don't remember.
Speaker 3: You know, it's great. Is Jason just like you said, just drove past it. And my guess is he waived just like you did.
Speaker 2: Having a great day there. You know, some people aren't having their best day.
Speaker 4: And obviously when you drive by, like all casinos, he could just peek in and see if they were having fun.
Speaker 3: And that's all you ever care about.
Speaker 2: That's all I do. Obviously.
Speaker 6: It's called the Seneca Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino.
Speaker 2: It's so imagine you know where the Science Museum Museum is by in Saint Paul's sure, imagine that's where a casino was compared to where XL or Green.
Speaker 3: I'm going to imagine that all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's across the parking lot.
Speaker 3: You've heard, And then how far is Falls View? Because that's is that on the Canada side.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've not been to that one. I've only been to Seneca Alleghany and in this one here.
Speaker 3: So how far is Niagara Falls from where Jason is right now?
Speaker 2: Half hour?
Speaker 3: I mean it might be worth the drive to drive over the border and wave to some Canadians of Rivadi America. Yep, off to Canada.
Speaker 2: I like that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the best.
Speaker 2: That would be so cool if they want to Yeah. Stanley Cup, Sauce. Yeah, and oh.
Speaker 3: The Minnesota Wild make the Stanley Cup Finals, that would be great.
Speaker 4: So do the Buffalo Sabers. Yeah that Buffalo and Wild. Don't make him do this finals, don't make him do it.
Speaker 3: Are you cheering for the Wild?
Speaker 2: Don't make him do that?
Speaker 4: Or are you cheering for our friend Jason Zucker to win a Stanley Cup trophy?
Speaker 3: I me don't think hands would be cheering for the Minnesota Wild to win. You want Jason to lose? No, I didn't say that. Let's somebody text me to say that Sauce wants the Savers to get swept in the Stanley Cup finals. But if that were the case, I would probably go to a game.
Speaker 2: We would have to go to Buffalo too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'd have to go to Buffalo to the ex Salverson and I to what casino Seneca, let's chick out there. Yeah, did they have my machine?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I would assume they have my machines and the tim.
Speaker 4: Now would you want this to be a four game sweep or would you like Buffalo to win three or four?
Speaker 3: You know, not four?
Speaker 4: I guess I would like it to go seven seven and Jason score what a hat trick in every game?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Even the Wild wins? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well said, so you want him to score something like twenty one goals but to lose in seven games?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So historically good performance, but Wild to get the trophy.
Speaker 5: It doesn't seem like too much ask or here's another theory. I would love the Buffalo Sabers to play the Vegas Schoolden Knights.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what the Wild there?
Speaker 3: So you can go watch him play in Vegas? Correct? Because I know a guy?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: I could you know, say Rivederty to Minnesota, go to Las Vegas, Vegas, cover the game, cover the game. We could all go. How could go wave at Casino's going to slot file.
Speaker 3: I would go. If the Buffalo Sabers were playing, I would go. I'd find a way to go for sure.
Speaker 2: Cool for him because he grew up in Vegas.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, that'd be great for him.
Speaker 6: Plus long flights Vegas to Buffalo if you were going to go to both. But but you would do that, you would make that sacrifice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I'd go and see them when they played in Vegas.
Speaker 2: You're hello man, and then not not Buffalo.
Speaker 4: What if you had to pay for tickets, like Jason doesn't get you tickets, you have to pay for him.
Speaker 3: Why get a press pass?
Speaker 4: No, not available, You're not You're not a member of the Vegas Golden Knights media or the Buffalo Sabers media. Those seats are just for those for those games. They're not going to accept random wild members to sit there and watch.
Speaker 5: They know you can't read it right, they can tell why would do what you would do? I'd occasionally look up at the game from whatever slot machine I'm playing.
Speaker 2: Now, you're talking Buffalo Mars. How bad do you want to go?
Speaker 9: Right now?
Speaker 6: I am free the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: I think we both got the runs we got to go.
Speaker 3: Here is there anybody on this show that doesn't have a gambling problem.
Speaker 2: No, there's not that, I answered too quickly.
Speaker 3: Oh Liber Yeah, liber doesn't. Bonus Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ben's got a problem strip clubs.
Speaker 3: We all have our vices.
Speaker 2: Getting if you're listening.
Speaker 4: To everybody else does I'm trying to think of somebody that doesn't. Crecyl gambling addicts Tommy gambling addicts all of us for sure. Must Yeah, I guess Must doesn't like gamble Us.
Speaker 2: Doesn't like gambling, but he loves drinks.
Speaker 3: And should go to the strip club with Ben.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good idea, yep, Vikings News. Next, this is the Power Trip Morning, Join the fin.
Speaker 1: The Wolves are taking on the Nuggets in Round one of the NBA Playoffs, and if you're not in the building, you are miss sing out. Get your tickets a game three on Thursday, April twenty third, and the yond at Timberwolves dot com Slash Playoffs.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Pax Overerson Final prif final segment with Hack because he's got to get on a plane. He's gonna get drunk on a plane, buying drinks for everybody but the pilot. It's a party.
Speaker 3: That's good advice. Not having the pilot drank.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, got the seven forty seven rocks like Jesus.
Speaker 4: Six, you can hold the stewardess Yeah, jeez, sexy wow leaning poring Wow, Well suck.
Speaker 2: Liz about my condition? Got a little mouhouse.
Speaker 6: Attention is my egg raw?
Speaker 3: I've been.
Speaker 6: So I never calmed down, trying anything drown out the pain.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Rosie's live again.
Speaker 6: They all know getting drunk.
Speaker 3: I should start doing drugs, is what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: I think you probably should. We've been talking about that for a long time.
Speaker 10: You know what drugs would be good for me? Crack cocaine, crack cocaine cracked, don't smoke itself, mushrooms, sausage done? Are you guys trying to be on cool guys down?
Speaker 3: Have them?
Speaker 8: You know, have.
Speaker 3: The serf side, what flavor?
Speaker 6: Peach iced t but they've got a lot of them, Strawberry lemonade su sure, Okay, well they got that, and then just calm down. You don't need.
Speaker 2: You make it on buying surf side forever body. That was gonna be the original link lyric, but he couldn't get it to work phonetically.
Speaker 6: It's Dirk spent Ling Corey can I can see the confused face, Dirk.
Speaker 3: What you like, Buddy?
Speaker 6: Dirs is buddy legitimately.
Speaker 2: They really are. Do you want to hear my Dirks Bentley story. It's my favorite story of Dirk S Bentley. We were playing with him at a festival somewhere and there was Low Cash Cowboys. They're just low cash now and us and Dirk's was the headliner and we were in Low Cash Cowboys tour bus and Dirk's disappeared and the rule is you don't poop in a tour bus. And uh, Dirk's thing is to go under other people's to tour buses and poop.
Speaker 3: That's funny. He just dirks anywhere. Jesus, Yeah, that's hard.
Speaker 11: Dwight's favorite songs playing winds this summer is yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, I love that festival. It's so much fun. Anyway, it's great. Are must thing is the spots?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I love you.
Speaker 2: You're in the Mike Mustla Memorial studio over there by the way. You guys know that we have actually call it that now cool because we miss him every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he paid for the sponsorship. Yeah, is that why.
Speaker 2: Tolve pecks to be able to pay homuch.
Speaker 3: We have to paint with like a must fath head behind me? Is gonna say?
Speaker 1: Is that why it looks like a garage?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 4: You're right, it.
Speaker 2: Really does know that you say that Dallas zach Is hall Airson. Okay, it's a different version.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a different version.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in a grassy knoll right now.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's hilarious.
Speaker 3: It's time for on the Power Trip presented by.
Speaker 2: I looked through the Justin Jefferson audio, and I didn't catch anything that was quite as inflammatory as everybody was talking about history regarding having things to say about Justin about J. J. McCarthy, Did you guys hear anything?
Speaker 3: It was on ESPN dot com as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's basically like, you know, he has to step up now because Kyler's in the room.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Here's one of the is that not just obvious?
Speaker 2: Agreed? Agreed? Here's one of the things J. J. Jefferson said about JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 13: Sparking up that room a little bit and kind of seeing who's going to be that competitor, who's going to be that person that is the last man.
Speaker 3: Standing at this situation. It's pretty exciting for me.
Speaker 13: I love those type of battles, that type of competition, because you see that in your quarterback. You know, he had a whole competition battle to training camp leading into the season and you know have everybody on his back and rooting for him and excited for him to you know, go through the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's not a competition, right, No, No, it's not.
Speaker 2: I will say yeah, I will say this. We all know if he comes in and is obviously better, he'll be the starting quarterback. I just don't think anybody expects that to be happening. But at any position, if you come in after an offseason and you are nineteen feet tall and running a four to one forty, you're probably going to be the starter. But that said, I get your point. Kyler's your starter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kyler's gonna have to fail before j J gets a shot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we will see probably if Thursday after or Thursday night, if they take the Oregon tight end Kenyon Sadik with their eighteenth overall pick, that is another factor into Kyler being the starter, because Kyler is very good with tight ends. He's very good in that offense. And yeah, I just hold on.
Speaker 8: Time.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I don't know why I keep losing my voice.
Speaker 2: Because God's trying to shut you up.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on a minute, it's harsh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's pretty good Scott's plan.
Speaker 2: Don't you question the Lord.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 6: Maybe you should have a drink of your poppy.
Speaker 3: I saw him yesterday.
Speaker 2: He did, did you see.
Speaker 3: I just saw him. No, I did not see anybody else than Stein. I think the other.
Speaker 5: This offense has got to run a little bit different with Kyler, and you're not going to go into training camp with a battle at quarterback when the offense with JJ is different than the offense.
Speaker 3: You're gonna run with Kyler.
Speaker 5: They're just they just don't want to say it because they don't want to crush McCarthy's spirit.
Speaker 2: And there's no need to say it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is no need to say we're fine. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Another story in the NFL that actually, I think in a lot of ways will eventually end up catching up to the Minnesota Vikings. Did you see the money that Brandon Aubrey got from the Cowboys? Yeahis they gave their kicker, Brandon Aubrey, a four year deal seven million a year with twenty million guaranteed. So he's the highest paid kicker in NFL history. He's thirty one years old, most sixty plus yard field goals in NFL history. And I'm bringing this up is Will Reichert is one of the best kickers in the NFL. And he's considerably younger, right, because Aubrey's thirty one, what's Will twenty four ish? A couple years in So if he played all four years, he's somewhere in the twenty four year old range. Right, he's twenty five, twenty five, So he's younger and he's elite, and he's just a couple of years away from saying, Hey, I want him yuhnny seven million a year.
Speaker 3: We're up to now for the best kickers. Yeah, good for that. Now again, you might be saying, how is this team going to pay seven million.
Speaker 4: Dollars for a kicker? Well, it's as simple as this John bonus be tixed.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: Well, that's quick.
Speaker 4: Speaking of that, Rob Berzinski was on this station yesterday, right, the press conference was run during Common Show. I tuned in to see if Rosie was checking in from Italy.
Speaker 3: He didn't, Oh.
Speaker 4: He's in Italy. Well he was in Rome, but or even there ge roam off to Tuscany. H So Roberzinski did his.
Speaker 3: You know, his pre raft press conference, as all GMS do.
Speaker 4: This is not against Rob because I said the same thing with Quazy, said the same thing with Spielman. There is nothing in sports more worthless than a pre draft press conference. They say, absolutely nothing. What a waste of time. Why do reporters even go and show up?
Speaker 2: Because it's better than dead air. I don't know that it's programming. I mean, let's be honest, that's it. We all need something to talk about.
Speaker 4: Rob seems super nice, but it's just like you just said, did justin really say anything CONTROVERSI for the answers know, if somebody at the end of Rob's press conference said, did we learn anything that we didn't know thirty minutes ago?
Speaker 3: The answer is one zero new information zero, which is fine.
Speaker 4: That such is to provide misinformation, right, So you're not getting the truth from any of them, right, which is it's the game.
Speaker 5: Grenard was going to be traded. He gave the answer every GM Gibbs, we expect him on this team, right, what do you think about him? We think he's great. I think he's a great player. We expect him on this team.
Speaker 4: Now, if you just said I hate that, man, I wish you had gone two years ago, I'd say, oh my god, Wow, best pre draft press conference of all time.
Speaker 9: Rob Rob's fire and ball, he said, for everybody but the pilot, exactly.
Speaker 4: No, that's if Rob like took three questions and then did a keg stand yea, I'd say, Wow, there's a new era at TCO.
Speaker 3: But no, he was just very standard. Let's play some ball, Let's put a little ball here.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: You know he wasn't the starter. I didn't need him.
Speaker 4: The most interesting pre draft press conference was the fact that Vrabel didn't show up to his well said.
Speaker 3: Wonder why, I wonder why? Yeah, I just got to learn how to swim.
Speaker 2: Learn to swim.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the swim. Learn to swim man, right mark, draft two days away.
Speaker 5: Do you guys think and not that this matters? It's a sports question. Hawk knows, Martie might care, Bony might care because it might help his wife's team. Do you guys I think they'll trade Jonathan Garnard because I think they will.
Speaker 3: I think could be traded during the draft.
Speaker 2: I hate to steal bumps take, but I couldn't agree more with what he said. I can't imagine we're going to get a player in the draft as good as Jonathan Gernard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 4: I think they don't want I think he wants a huge pay raise. Fist, it doesn't matter. Give it to him now, but Dallas whenever you're needing to probably start next season, I don't know. I think he's traded.
Speaker 5: The Eagles love to make moves, man, and that's a guy they need, and they they are willing to wheel all the draft picks.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 4: We at the point that do you think the Vikings are going all in on like a six game window for Dallas Turner.
Speaker 3: Don't you think we need insurance that that wasn't flukish? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like everybody acts like Dallas Turner's a guaranteed superstar and he well, wow, I'm so glad we were patient. I'm like, he had a really good run, but the bar was so low, so low, and now it's everybody is just assuming that he's just got it. It's like, how about we make sure that he's got it and that wasn't just like a good month and a half and Grenard is awesome.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing.
Speaker 7: He's always had that pedigree. He's always had pretty high expectations tied do and then he showed those expectations. So I mean, that's that's that's why people believe in him. They've been waiting for it for two years.
Speaker 2: Sonar dog.
Speaker 12: Dog, you got to pay the man, You got to pay the nard dog. You got to beat up ooping Martin's again. We did this yesterday with Libro, but let's do this with you. Scale of one to ten. How impressive was Levi Drake Rodriguez on Friday?
Speaker 3: What a cool dude?
Speaker 6: Ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ten, yep?
Speaker 6: Great radio.
Speaker 4: How do we get that kind of energy and positivity here at iHeart? Like, would Levi Drake Rodriguez be willing to work in the promotions department or sales or one of the corner offices, work for free?
Speaker 6: I mean, seems like he's got a job right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's got he's got the positivity that this building needs. And think about it, like, right now, if we have a problem when we text Chad, it takes him two point six hours to get down here. Who Levi Drake Rodriguez would be the drop foot? But what I'm saying, Like, but the time he gets down here, the show's over. LEVI would be here in a heartbeat with bells on and so happy to help us.
Speaker 3: Like, what do you guys need? I got you. Yeah, guy's got positivity, man, he's got energy, well said everybody down there's everybody down there is either a morale drain or a drop foot, you know.
Speaker 5: So everybody's either Abbot or Common pretty much. Oh no, Common calls himself over by the way.
Speaker 4: That was That was my That was my favorite part of the press conference was so Rob talked about how excited he is because he just loves working with people, and right, it's the communication and all that kind of stuff. He's just a people person and Common the press conference gets over in Common's like, I don't think anybody here likes working with anybody here. He was just talking about all of us are just difficult to work with, and everybody hates everybody, and nobody likes to, you know, collab rain, and everybody's a morale drain, and everybody hates each other and everybody back talks, and I'm like, yeah, it must be nice working with guys like robber Zinski, you know, props.
Speaker 3: Seems to like people.
Speaker 2: It seems to have worked pretty well for Cafe n though.
Speaker 3: Yours might be.
Speaker 6: Might be going down the wrong hallway because I like almost everybody in this building, So you might be taking a wrong turn at the wrong you dislike nobody in here.
Speaker 3: I was close like everybody in this building. I was sweating. H we'll talk about people down the hallway. Hey, when we come back, let's talk wolves, because wolves.
Speaker 4: Wolves is your forte Marnie Martins, We'll talk wild, We'll talk Twins with Johnny Bones.
Speaker 3: More of the Powers, Your Money, Joe. After this on the Fan,