Speaker 1: These are things that actually, believe it or not, turned ten years old this week, ten years old, like like currently now ten years old. Fidget spinners are ten years old.
Speaker 2: HiT's spinner craze is becoming very big business. First, consider how many people are buying them. According to ten ten Data, a company that tracks e commerce, the number of fidget spinners sold online this past April is one hundred twenty seven times greater than the numbers sold just this past January.
Speaker 1: Wow, one and twenty seven times great or I remember when they were hard to find, You couldn't find them anywhere.
Speaker 3: And now they just like give them out at anything pretty much.
Speaker 4: Do Yeah, who wants one? Things that are turning ten this year? Pokemon Go It is ten years old.
Speaker 5: This year people were walking around just walking into poles and stuff looking for them.
Speaker 4: Pokemon big time Snapchat dog.
Speaker 3: Filter Wow okay guilty?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that the one who makes a dog face?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: It was like the og Snapchat fils.
Speaker 7: That one probably like the very first filter that you could put on your face.
Speaker 3: That one in the rainbow out of your mouth.
Speaker 8: Yes, you open your mouth and the dog tongu would okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: All right. Another thing that is ten years old? Can you believe?
Speaker 1: The Mannequin Challenge is ten years old? For those who might not remember, what was the Mannequin Challenge.
Speaker 3: It was go Ahead, but it was literally you and a group of friends. Let's just say the four of us.
Speaker 5: You play this song the background, and you would strive to be as still as a mannequin as possible, and it'd just be like a camera shot, like going to all of you.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 3: Some people would do stupid poses just to make it funny.
Speaker 4: I think we did that.
Speaker 6: You guys did do it. I remember, I don't. I wasn't on KATWB yet. I was at City ninety seven, but you guys at KTWB did a video but it was pretty tight.
Speaker 1: Other things that are turning ten this year, believe it or not. The water Bottle Flip Challenge is ten years old. You've seen the videos, like like it is some seventeen year old kid and he's there with his buddy and they're flipping a water bottle and they're, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to do it. Now.
Speaker 4: You can't do it, Yea, you can't do it? Okay.
Speaker 1: Next One Stranger Things ten years old debut Netflix.
Speaker 4: Ten years ago, we.
Speaker 3: Were forever changed. It's so crazy that the show took ten years to end.
Speaker 7: I know, and I think all of us were somebody for Halloween from Stranger Things because I was eleven from Stranger Things for Halloween ten years ago.
Speaker 4: I should do your hair.
Speaker 3: I had a pixie cut then, so I just slicked it all back.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Chaka Things that turned ten this year Instagram Stories launched ten.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Do you remember Instagram was not Stories, It was not DMS, it was not video. It was straight just pictures are your mom and you on vacation?
Speaker 4: Yep? Wow?
Speaker 3: And they added stories and I was like, okay, Snapchat, cheez.
Speaker 1: It was ten years ago. Not exactly. This happened in I want to say April yes of twenty sixteen, that I got a phone call from a friend of mine and I live in chan Hassen, all right for now, I live in chan Hassen, and my friend said, what's happening over at Paisley Park? I heard Prince died? And I'm like, oh, of course, you can't believe something like that. So I got my car, I drove over there, and the media was just starting to gather, just starting to gather, and Prince had died and nobody could believe it. It was just one of the Prince shouldn't die. Yeah, Prince would never die.
Speaker 7: I remember driving home from work that day and hearing it on the radio. They're like, oh, Prince died, and that was the whole show was just about Prince dying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was wild. What a pivot?
Speaker 1: Uh things that happened Exactly ten years ago, Vine announced it shut down. Vine has not been around for ten years.
Speaker 3: You stupid was nine plus ten.
Speaker 4: Your line, you stoop line.
Speaker 7: And now people do tiktoks and they're like, yeah, this feels like a Vine or this would have done numbers on Vine.
Speaker 3: That's what they say.
Speaker 1: Rihanna ten years ago dropped her last album, Just Get.
Speaker 5: Ready to Work, Work Work, Work, Work Work, Send me the work, work, Work, Work Work.
Speaker 1: It was ten years ago that iphoned seven remove something and we said, how in the world will we get rid of? How will we live without this feature? They removed the headphone jack, Oh goodness, and we said how how will we and then you had to use the little dongle.
Speaker 7: That was ten years ago. It was Android just got rid of their head headphone jack. Did they realize, like not that long ago. iPhone just gets rid of more and more every year. I just got a new phone over the break, and they don't give you a charger in the box anymore.
Speaker 8: I don't think they don't.
Speaker 3: I don't believe so. No, I don't think they give you a box to plug it in the wall. They'll give you a cord.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay uh. Harambe the gorilla gorilla what was he? I remember the name, but I don't remember why he was famous.
Speaker 6: Well because a kid on an irresponsible adult allowed like lost their kid. The kid was in the gorilla exhibit and they ended up having to kill Harambe because.
Speaker 1: Oh now I remember, yeah, well yeah, let's do something fun to wrap things up ten years ago. These are things that are ten years old.
Speaker 4: This Jan Daniel.
Speaker 3: M Daniel, Damn Daniel, Damn Daniel. Back at it again with the white Man.
Speaker 6: I used to work on the Timberwolves Action pack, which is their like interactive hYP hype squab And we all have these like uniforms we had to wear, and we would say that to each other all the time because.
Speaker 8: Of the white shoes.
Speaker 6: We'll be like Da Daniel, look back at it again with a white pad where is.
Speaker 1: That kid now where that is amazing? All right, those are things that turn ten this year. We're gonna do Jenny's been on Reddit coming up in a second. Stay here. Then we have John mulaney tickets. A little bit later on on the Dave Bryan Show on Katie WB.
Speaker 4: It is kat w B.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. We appreciate you. It is kind of goofy and gloppy outside, little slippery. Be careful driving you should be okay, roads are mostly wet. And we were talking about things that turned ten years old a minute ago, like damn Daniel, somebody says that kid is an influencer.
Speaker 8: Now for that influencer, I figured he would be.
Speaker 6: If he's funny, he's probably got a funny influencing fire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you're right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Here is one that says, ten years ago I got married. Ten years later, I'm getting a divorce. We are closer to Tiger King being ten years old than we are closer to its release, and my brain can't comprehend that it was almost exactly six years ago when the pandemic started end of March ish or so right around there that we are all were going, oh man, you see this guy Tiger King. It's crazy.
Speaker 7: I'd never watched it, and now I feel like I kind of missed out on an era enure.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh, it was the hot topic of the time.
Speaker 7: You know, I was busy watching RuPaul's drag race at that time, so I missed out on Tiger I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: It's that crazy.
Speaker 5: Has been six years since the pandemic, like lockdown feels like yesterday and thank god it's not over with, but like that period of life has done.
Speaker 3: But man, time at going you were in school, So.
Speaker 5: I I just it was my freshman year of college and we all got sent home for what was supposed to be spring break.
Speaker 3: But then they said, nope, you're not trying to come back.
Speaker 1: The same exact thing happened Carson. He came home and it was like his freshman year. He was all excited. Halfway through freshman year, They're like, Okay, pack up and go home. Yeah, so strange.
Speaker 4: Let's do Jenny's been unreaddit.
Speaker 6: If you're single going into twenty twenty six, these are the professions you should never date. Okay, so swipe left or right whatever wants to know on the dating apps. If this is listed in their bio, certain surgeons because from what they know is that this person spends like eighty plus hours of their life just like working constantly. I mean, you can have a lot of respect from them for them, but nothing God they do. No, I don't mean seriously, you don't want to part surgeon?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what a part time is a foot surgeon over at Southdale.
Speaker 3: Yeah really, South Deal Mall, Southdale Mall.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 6: Another profession is a chef, because you'll have this idea that they're going to cook for you all the time and whatever, but realistically they're going to come home and not make anything because they've done that all the day.
Speaker 8: Tired yet right, they're not going to make you.
Speaker 6: Trust me, My dad was a chef for like forty plus years. They didn't make very good nails when we were at home. Another one is a palaeontologist because their fieldwork takes them away for many months, the museum pay is awful, and they've had to move across country many times. This person said that they're spousal is a trooper, but the majority of his colleagues are divorced. So yeah, this person said, I once heard a divorce lawyer with over twenty five years experience say these are the four professions that women should never date commercial pilot, surgeon, police officer, and firefighter. And it says because because it's where people are taking care of like someone's safety or well being, and they have that in the palm of their hands, they kind of build this like complex of like, well, I just saved someone's life, and now you want me to take out the trash. I highly doubt that's how people act. But Katy cap always said that she wanted.
Speaker 7: To marry a pilot because then they're gone for all.
Speaker 3: The like a lot of time.
Speaker 7: So she's like, oh, it's great, I get to be married, but then I also get to just live by.
Speaker 8: Myself half of the time. I go ahead, I would say I'm all.
Speaker 6: About that because I just feel like I am a person who's so independent and needs me time that I'm all for that. And then you miss that person and they're gone, you miss them more, and then you're more excited to be around them when you are around them stead of having them in sit three feet away from your face at any given time.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about lavender marriages on the show. Do you know what a lavender marriage is?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we want you need to see because you love gay men, I do, and you want to be married to a gay man. Talking to a friend of mine the other day, she posted on Facebook, she's like my age, she's divorced or widowed. She's like, I want to be in a lavender marriage. And I said, do you know what a lavender marriage is? And she didn't understand. It's being married to a gay man. Yeah, she thought it was just where you're married to some guy and he doesn't live with you.
Speaker 4: And I said, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Said, you might want to take that down, depending on whether you want that to be out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so she's like, oh, that's what it means.
Speaker 1: And I'm like yeah, and she's like, okay, I'll take it down on Facebook.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: All right, that says enough already for me. All right, just a couple more professions.
Speaker 6: You should never date a stand up comic because basically they you stand up as a replacement for a therapy, one person says. But another person said that their friend was a stand up comic and they literally could not not make a joke. Yes, they always you could be going through the worst thing in your life, they'd have to make a joke about it, and it's like, okay.
Speaker 4: Well some people relieve tension.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I get that.
Speaker 6: I love a good comedy relief sometimes, but it's just I don't know. Sometimes you just want someone to listen to you and not have to make a joke. So and the last one is anyone that's like party centric. So whether it's like a party planner or an event like set upper, it says that their schedules are just so messed up because think about when people throw parties, weekends, holidays, like all of that stuff. So you're just constantly working at the prime times that people probably want to hang out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And as someone who used to date someone that works weekends a lot, yeah.
Speaker 8: It was not not it.
Speaker 6: It was not fun to have to like be like, hey, maybe we'll be able to do something on a Saturday, but maybe we won't do no competition with their job all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, thank you, Jenny. That was very interesting. All right, we'll be back in a second with here. It comes to our predictions for the coming year, everything from who's going to win the Super Bowl Seattle to our Travis and Taylor going to get have a baby. All the predictions coming up next on KDWB. Then we will seal them in a mayon AI's jar and put it on the back porch until New Year's Day of twenty twenty seven. Then we'll see how we did.
Speaker 8: Live on YouTube and the Heart radio app.
Speaker 3: It's one on one point three, Katie w.
Speaker 1: B shut up, Miranda twenty nine years old to day you share a birthday with Kate McKinnon, who was in that horrible Ghostbusters remake and also Saturday.
Speaker 3: Night Lie, She's a Weird Barbie?
Speaker 7: Two?
Speaker 1: Was she Weird Barbie? She's forty two years old. Today, let's do predictions for twenty twenty six. We're gonna record these on a cassette and stick them in that mayonnaise jar and sit it on the back porch until next year.
Speaker 3: Let me change the mayonnaise jar though we've been using the same one for like three years. Get moldy.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a classic. Yeah, it's my good luck mayonnaise jar. Oh gotcha. So let's read the categories. Jenny and Will go old with these.
Speaker 6: The first one is will Taylor and Travis get pregnant?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I hate making these. These are just so we have nothing to base it on. We have no expertise in this. I'm gonna say no. She is way too much into her career. I don't think that. I don't know that they're gonna be parents. I just don't think that that's in the road in the future for them ever ever.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, Oh, I think they'll be parents somebody.
Speaker 1: You don't have to have a baby to be worthwhile, Jenny, I've been telling you that for years.
Speaker 8: I have a baby.
Speaker 6: You've been telling me to have a baby for years, whether I was single or in a relationship.
Speaker 8: You're just always like, Jenny, have a baby. They're cute.
Speaker 6: Come on, Jenny, have a baby, because we'll get I also said no, and I said for the exact same reasons.
Speaker 8: Too much career going on for both of them.
Speaker 7: Still well, I said yes, and it's a girl and she'll release an album about girl womb power or something like that.
Speaker 5: Brother, I said no, but not because of the career. I just think that the engagement is what the focus is right now. People want that and all that lower from them to get married before they focus on having a kid.
Speaker 7: They'll get married in like June, and then by December she'll be pregnant.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to say, Okay.
Speaker 8: Next one a celebrity divorce.
Speaker 1: I gotta go with again. I use this every year and I think one day I'm gonna get lucky. It's gonna be Jessica Bielle and Justin Timberlake.
Speaker 8: Good choice, Okay. Mine is Dak Shepherd and christ and Bell.
Speaker 3: Dang it. I also said Dak Shepherd, listen Bell. Yeah, because that they seem not great right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think social media has been picking apart their relationships.
Speaker 8: So that's why I said it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Same, I'm gonnawitch Justin's last year, I said Justin Timberlake. This year, I think Justin Bieber Haley Bieber gonna call it quiz.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay. Next one is celebrity baby.
Speaker 3: Who can I go first?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think Rihanna's gonna have another kid. She just so did Cardi, but that didn't stop her from having another kid. Yeah, you're right, so.
Speaker 8: I said Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco.
Speaker 6: I said, Selena said Selena, go answer you. You looked around and you're like, who's gonna go first? Because I don't have my answer.
Speaker 4: I said Selena Gomez and Benny Blanc.
Speaker 3: Now you did it.
Speaker 4: I did too.
Speaker 7: I said she's she's gonna go to the adoption route though, because she has said that she cannot have kids because of her loopus, but she's interested in adoption and surrogacy, So I think she's gonna go adoption route, just like Millie bob around.
Speaker 3: I believe that more than I do Rihanna. But yeah, all right.
Speaker 8: Next one is who will have the biggest movie of the year.
Speaker 5: I already think it's gonna be Zendeia. They have a couple of big movies of the year done three, Oh dudee.
Speaker 1: I don't know what movie, but it's gonna be Timothy shallow May because he just comes out of nowhere with the movies like, oh, boom boom boom boom, here's another movie, Timothy Shallomy.
Speaker 6: I'm Timothy's challome because of all the hype with Marty Supreme, but then also not because of Marty Supreme, but also because Dune comes out. Dune three comes out in December.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm gonna take the basic girl route and say Meryl Street because The Devil Wears Product.
Speaker 3: Two comes out next year or then.
Speaker 6: But that's just like not going to get the recognition that something like June gets.
Speaker 8: I see you don't know, but yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay, last one who for kind of like celebrity gases. Who will win the Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: My guess is on Seattle? Not my favorite. I'm not a Seattle fan. I got nothing against him. I would rather have the Broncos win or the Bills. But I'm gonna say Seattle.
Speaker 3: What's the Seattle?
Speaker 4: Who are they?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 8: You like their outfits? I do because it's like green yeap pur.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry with Dave.
Speaker 5: I think that the game is going to come down to the San Francisco forty nine Ers and the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 3: But I think the Seahawks are going to win.
Speaker 4: Well, you realize they don't play together in the both in the NFC.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they can't play well.
Speaker 3: I still think the Seattle Seahawks are going to win.
Speaker 1: Because you're predicting the Super Bowl will be two NFC teams. That's a bold prediction, and you know, you never know.
Speaker 3: To throw it out there. I'm not going to walk it back because of you.
Speaker 6: It might be okay, And I said the Green Bay Packers because I'm putting it into the atmosphere that they are going to be this wild card that makes.
Speaker 3: It to the super Bowl this year. I had to phone a front.
Speaker 7: Uh, the Jaguars and the Rams are going to play in the super Bowl, and the Rams are going to win, or the Bills in the Rams, but the Rams will win, So the Rams will win.
Speaker 4: Fair enough.
Speaker 6: Last of this is on the show Who will have the Biggest life event?
Speaker 8: And what is it going to be?
Speaker 3: Bailey's going to get engaged.
Speaker 5: I'm going to get engaged. Yeah, man, your biological clock is ticking. So regular guy just made you official. I think he's going to be like, all right, we got to get this going. I think Vaunt will get engaged.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 6: My guess is vont And also because he's going to get engaged to Alissa?
Speaker 8: Dave, shut up? Who's having the biggest life event?
Speaker 5: David?
Speaker 3: What will it be?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 3: You're getting engaged in, so will it be?
Speaker 7: You have to say what will it be? You can't cop out on this one. Did you prepare any answers for that?
Speaker 1: No, of course I did. But that is my that is my mystery. And you saved this in the mayonnaise jar until the end of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Okay, but the question is what will it be too?
Speaker 4: And then you'll say, oh, well, Dave was right, you're.
Speaker 5: A dumb Well, how are we gonna say that when you won't be here you'll be dead?
Speaker 4: I didn't say you're gonna be here?
Speaker 8: Someone pregnant again?
Speaker 3: You know his life event is he's died. Quod on.
Speaker 5: Photo baitly did the they wish he stole might Jope was said it louder.
Speaker 8: I didn't, Sorry, I didn't hear you.
Speaker 3: I definitely heard to say that. I said you won't be here because you'll be dead.
Speaker 4: Don't you hate it.
Speaker 1: When a guy says something and then a woman says it louder and gets credit.
Speaker 6: Javes me a little b word. Okay, which one of us will learn a new skill?
Speaker 3: I think it'll be Bailey. She's going to learn a crochet a sweater. Ooh, that sounds fun, Bailey, Jenny, I said it's you.
Speaker 7: I think you're going to take like a car repair class or something, or like an electrician class.
Speaker 4: Is in trade?
Speaker 3: Yeah, trade, she's going to learn the trade.
Speaker 6: I did pick myself for this because I do plan on building out my van once it stops being so cold and snowy out.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna say Vaunt is going to learn stand up and improv because you kind of dabbled in a little bit. But you need to get serious about it if you want to become the next intern John, and I know you want to become the next Intern John, then you need to dabble in your stand up.
Speaker 6: Yes, I need my stand up to dabble, all right? Last or no two more? Who will go on the coolest vacation?
Speaker 7: Jenny Jenny Jenny to like tim book to or Antarctica, tugs and Kiko's.
Speaker 6: I said Dave just because he's got the r V. So I think you'll do something fun with us.
Speaker 1: Restrict our motion a little bit. I mean we can go to Manitoba, but that's about a zixotic as it's going to get fun.
Speaker 6: The United States is so underrated it's crazy, okay. And last one is who will make the biggest purchase? I said Bailey because I think she's going to buy a house this year.
Speaker 7: I also said me, because I think I'm going to buy a house this year.
Speaker 5: I said Dave because I think he's going to spend a lot of money on something useless this year, as he does every year.
Speaker 1: Gold plated flesh light. What I'm super going to cost more than a house, the one that I have my eye on. Guess I would say, I would say Bailey probably buying a house. But then again, Vaughan could buy a house as well.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: I mean, Vaughn's got two incomes, so you know I have none. Don't don't sit around not buying a house.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, I was like, what are you talking about, because ALYSSA, yeah, yeah, Well well we'll see what do you mean, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: We'll see you're pulling a Dave right now.
Speaker 1: I definitely what happens, all right, We'll be right back on Katie four. If you are working with one co workers who suffer together, the stick together, a theory making the rounds on social media says your closest relationship might not be your partner, your best friend, or sibling. It's the coworker who survived a terrible.
Speaker 4: Job with you.
Speaker 1: Trauma bonded like you were in battle together. Trauma bonded is a great word for it. The idea comes from a New York content creator whose Instagram videos wrapped up more than one point seven million views is take a simple shared workplace, misery creates a bond that is hard to replicate anywhere else.
Speaker 7: I feel that my old job I had my one coworker, Javeria Javerian, I were so tight because anytime we had to complain about something, I would just walk into her cube, she'd walk into mine, and it's like, girl, let me tell you yeah, And that was it was so nice.
Speaker 4: God blessed Javaria, God bleasant.
Speaker 3: This coffee, Yeah, God blessed Davaria. No Javerio. I don't know.
Speaker 1: This pirit of Blockbuster lives on. If you're looking to reduce your streaming service budget, you might want to look into a free blockbustering your town. Free Blockbuster was inspired by Little Free Library. Yeah, and it is basically exactly what you think it is. It is a free Blockbuster location that looks like somebody shrunk an old Blockbuster video store down to the size of you know, little library. And they got old videotapes and DVDs that people can take out and return and replace them with what you've taken out with a different movie or TV show. All you need, of course, is a working DVD player or VCR. They haven't sold VCRs in the United States or maybe anywhere in the world in many years, like at least ten years.
Speaker 4: But I think a lot of people still have one somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have one.
Speaker 4: Do you have a VCR? We don't.
Speaker 3: I well, I guess maybe maybe I don't. My dad has one.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised you don't, Dave, just because you have like a lot of things in your basement.
Speaker 7: You know, right, We'll say, I went to I babysat a friend's kids over the winter break, and in their little like playroom, they have one of those teeny tiny little TVs with the VCR like included. Oh sure, yeah, yeah, And they use it kind of like it's a toy because they have all these VCRs, and they'll go in there to play and they'll just pick a random VCR tape, throw it in and then they'll just play in the background, and it's you. You don't have like the screen that there's right in front of their face on a tablet. They don't have the opportunity to scroll. It's just kind of like a nice toy. I recommend it.
Speaker 4: When moving because I move into Victoria.
Speaker 1: This is my big announcement yesterday and going through a box that we have moved back and forth across country with dozens of VCR tapes, everything from vacations to the time we were on Channel four or this or that or whatever, and I don't want them, so I threw probably all but about five away.
Speaker 7: I wish you would have digitized them, just bram Box having a big old box money though, I know, But can she be like, I'm Dave bren Well.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: We've digitized vacation videos before and we never watch them, and we got them on DV. And we were talking about this yesterday about how it changes every few years. It used to be you would record your videos on a what on a VCR. Your dad probably had a giant video camera that he sat up on his shoulder, right, and then that went away, So then he got the little tiny I don't even know VHSC or whatever, the eight millimeter videotape whatever that were smaller and handheld. Well, then you don't watch those anymore. So then you get them digitized. Then they put them on a what a DVD? Do you have a DVD player in your home?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: By about half people, half of the people do not. You don't have any.
Speaker 5: But I remember when I lived with my dad when I was super young. I was I thought that was the.
Speaker 3: Next big thing. Was like, Dad, can I please get a DVD player?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: Nope, because everything's streaming. Everything's like flash drives or Google drive. Everything's digitized. Like you said, it's in a cloud.
Speaker 1: We talked about this yesterday about music. I mean, music has like changed formats every ten years or so over your lifetime. I mean it started out with a vinyl LP, than cassettes, then eight tracks, and then in nineteen eighty two the CD came out and we're like, oh, well this is going to be forever CDs or like this is the be all in doesn't get any better. And then the iPad came out, m P three player came out, and then streaming came out twenty ish ten ish years ago. So is streaming going to be the final evolution in audio?
Speaker 3: Final frontier?
Speaker 1: Is there is there another at what's after streaming?
Speaker 5: I mean I've never understood with music, at least how album sales work, because everything is at least for my lifetime, has been streaming. So it's like, what do you mean they sold album? I can go listen to this for free on Spotify or Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'll just implant a chip inside of That's what I was gonna say. That's the only thing I can think of where it's just like it's right there in rain things music is right right on some Pitbull Yeah, just like fuck and shoving and then you have to.
Speaker 4: Dock once in a while to get your new music.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you'd like see, I would put a chip in my body. If I never had to remember another password, that would be great.
Speaker 4: Or if I didn't, wouldn't it be great?
Speaker 7: Authentication if the.
Speaker 1: Worst is when you log onto a service that you haven't used in a while and you don't know your password. It was like, oh, Disney Plus, I want to watch the Taylor Swift documentary and I haven't watched it since this came out, so I log on. Nope, Okay, no, that doesn't we don't have a record of that. God, Well, what a email that I put it under? Is it under your email or mine?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Was it the old password or the new pass words?
Speaker 3: How many exclamation points?
Speaker 4: Exactly? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That If you can't make this stuff up on KDWB, we'll follow it up with Dave's dirt in just a minute. Stay here, let's do the dirt. It is brought to you by me Dave Ryan. Also get if you get a shout out to Leo Agency or help us out with you can't make.
Speaker 8: Myself us out.
Speaker 6: If you need a real estate agent, it's about to be spring market here or slash.
Speaker 8: Maybe it is already spring market.
Speaker 6: Go hit them up the Leoagency dot com. Literally they like don't take commission or they do have price commissions, so it's a great deal. And the guys that run the Leo Agency are so cool, like I love them. I want to be their best friends.
Speaker 1: The first time of spring is Jenny saying that the spring market is here. So there's the I usually wait for the first robin of spring, but apparently it is. The spring Market is here. So yeah, thank you Jenny, You're a blessing.
Speaker 3: He youre welcome.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Joanah Murray, our friend, musician, superstar, former boy band member and just all around good human is now engaged. Saw it on his Instagram last night.
Speaker 6: Congratulations Joanah Murray postalone started in the first fail video of twenty twenty six because apparently he's never taken a physics course or learn Newton's Law of motion. He was streaming on Twitch and he attempted a backflip from his swivel chair while holding a cigarette, and as you can imagine what, the chair swiveled away from him as he tried to leap, and then he landed with a thought on his wrists. Oh but of course he saved the cigarette, which reminds me of every drunk jumping into like Minnetonka on Big Island, but they still hold their drink up in the air. They fall off their ballowed or something about the drink still like survive, not going in the water.
Speaker 3: Phones in their pocket gets wet ruined, but the drink is survived.
Speaker 6: You gotta know if you're on a swovel chair, you're bound to fall if you're doing anything besides sitting your butt on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Cher was on Dax Shepherd's Armchair Expert podcast the other day and had some words to exchange with him.
Speaker 3: No, but the truth is I trust her, so you must have something that I don't say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 7: So he was talking about how grateful he was for his family with Kristen Bell, who's married to and yeah, Cher was like, hey, you're lucky. She's definitely the better half of you two, your partnership.
Speaker 1: I hope she was saying it kind of in jest, because that's kind of a crappy thing to say.
Speaker 3: Maybe, but it's cher yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I know somebody who's like, oh man, your wife is way too hot for you. Your wife is way too hot for you. And he would kind of laugh through it, but then he just got tired of it. It's like, Okay, that's a funny bit, but when you hear it all the time, it's annoying.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, well yeah, well it's bond on the phone, oh fie.
Speaker 5: This Thursday marks the fifth anniversary of Perfect Olivia Rodorigo. She posted something on her website she got rid of her last album, said that this Thursday is the driver's license renewal and that pretty much we're getting excited for this new album she's dropping this spring. No word on what the title is, which is usually a big deal because there are always like four letters guts, sour, Oh they are, So we shall see what happens this spring.
Speaker 4: I look at that. Okay.
Speaker 1: So the tradition of Black Monday in the NFL, where coaches get fired after bad seasons continued. Yesterday, I will give you the teams that fired their coach. I'm not going to name the coaches because you know who cares. Arizona Cardinals, Las Vegas Raiders, Cleveland Brown's at Atlanta Falcons, and I think the Giants and the Titans fired them during the season, which leaves six head coaching jobs open out of thirty two.
Speaker 3: And how's our boy.
Speaker 8: I think he's fine.
Speaker 4: He's fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's fine, both fine and looks and fun in his job.
Speaker 1: So there's a little trivia question. A little trivia about the New York Jets. They went the entire seventeen game and season without a single interception, without grabbing an interception. That is the first team to do that in the NFL since they started tracking it in nineteen thirty three.
Speaker 4: So, in other words, so.
Speaker 6: They never intercepted the ball's intercepted.
Speaker 1: It is terrible. The worst before was the twenty eighteen San Francisco forty nine ers with just two picks. But the Jets were so bad this year, not a single interception. And it's very common, Bailey to get like, I mean, it's it's not unheard of to get three or four interceptions.
Speaker 4: In a game.
Speaker 7: Oh, and they didn't get any. It's an intercept exception when one team throws the ball and then the other team grabs it and goes hassker.
Speaker 8: Yes, oh, that's exactly how it works.
Speaker 3: Okay, Bailey dos football.
Speaker 7: I know everything about four Actually I like their little tight pants because then you can see the little But she's.
Speaker 1: Going Yeah, by the way, Seattle Seahawks are my thick favorite to win the Super Bowl. They're not my I don't want them to win. Yeah, but they're my favorite to win.
Speaker 3: Okay, the Rams are gonna win though.
Speaker 1: That's a good choice, very valid choice. She must have heard somebody say that because you have no idea phoned a friend.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, twenty twenty six, we have a lot of fun music things happening, so let's talk about It's Super Bowl sixty. Charlie Pooth is going to be performing the national anthem. Brandy Carlisle will sing America the Beautiful, which is probably the only thing she should perform because she is the most boring performer of all time, and the halftime.
Speaker 8: Show, as we all know, is bad. Buddy.
Speaker 6: Then, also, Cardi b is kicking off her Little Miss Drama tour in February. The Mayhem Ball, which is Lady Gaga, returns to the States for its second leg in February as well, and then the final show is scheduled in April at Madison Square Garden. Let's see Coachella is April tenth, eleventh, twelfth.
Speaker 3: Well, it's usually.
Speaker 6: Two weekends, so it's two weekends of that and the headlining access a carpenter Carol g Justin Bieber. But then also other performers are Somber, Addison, Ray Kat's Eye, Teddy Swims Wow. The Eternal Sunshine Tour by Ariana Grande will be her final live performances for a long long time, she says, and that starts in June sixth or on June six and then Ed Sheeran's Loop Tour starts June thirteenth in the States, and he's going to be performing in twenty two different stadiums with Bond's favorite opening act Myles Smith and Macklamore. Hey guys, bye bye, you gotta go, you wanter go when he comes to us being stadium.
Speaker 5: I love Myles Smith because Alyssa, my girlfriend, listened to him before he've hit the radio. So I feel like I'm a deep Milesmith fan. Maclamore at one point in my life you couldn't convince me was a better rapper. That he wasn't a better rapper than jam Lee or Yeah, anyone. I thought Maclamore was.
Speaker 3: The ish, which is so funny to me.
Speaker 7: Charlie Hannam's girlfriend asked him to stop doing the ed Geen voice at home.
Speaker 1: Oh he can talk like this, if I remember right, I watched that show.
Speaker 4: But he would do that to creep her out, and he said he.
Speaker 3: Was slipping in and out of it all the time.
Speaker 7: And she would say, dude, you have to stop at the voice at breakfast. It's a little too much, which I totally get. I am trying to track myself and stop myself from talking like I would to my cat. When I'm talking to people like what, give us an example, Well, i'd be, oh, my goodness, gracious like that. It's like, oh, no, big yawn, you know any things like.
Speaker 8: You do that often when you talk about Cat. I do because he Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Do that with birls like old big Stretch, old big Oh, look at the big boys, big Stress.
Speaker 8: I have such a deep animal voice.
Speaker 3: I was like, yo, good boy boy.
Speaker 5: The biggest dirt news that I'm going to share with you today is that we are getting the first solo album from Bruno Mars in ten years.
Speaker 3: And I cannot wait.
Speaker 5: He's done music in the past couple of years with Cardi b Rose, Silk Sonic, but now he's dropping his first album. No clue on when yet, but people are saying that one of the singles might drop this Friday, and you know it's gonna be a banger.
Speaker 3: It's Bruno, I hope. So I love him.
Speaker 1: I want to throw this out there. I stumbled across it last night. We're like, well, what do you want to watch? So we were looking through I want to say Netflix, possibly maybe it was Hulu. The Missing Millionairess and this is so fascinating. It's a woman in Australia who was a multi multi multi millionaire, very successful investment strategist, and it turned out she was not investing any of her client's money, she was spending it all on herself. Oh then just when they found out that she was doing all of this, she disappeared. She went out for a walk, didn't take her phone or her keys or money and disappeared. She's gone for several months, and then the twists start to happen. I'm not going to spoiler it for you, but if you love true crime and mysteries and things like that, and I don't know whatever happens at the end, so please don't text and spoil it for me. That would be rude. But it is really interesting. It's on Hulu the Missing Millionairess.
Speaker 4: Check it out.
Speaker 6: I just started binge watching The Vampire Diaries. It's a new show.
Speaker 8: I'm just kidding. It's been out for a very long time.
Speaker 6: But I'm trying to find a show that will convince me to go work out in my basement that I can just put on in the background that I'm excited to work like watch, but also can work out at the same time. Yeah, and what was interesting is I think I'm like three episodes in and you guys remember the song Running Up That Hill with Kate Bush. Obviously there's a little clip of it we can play if you forgot what it sounds like.
Speaker 4: No, I don't see it, hope.
Speaker 8: It's so this started going viral. But why did it go viral? Was it because of TikTok Stranger Things. Oh it was okay.
Speaker 6: Well, the interesting thing is that it was in it was featured in Vampire Diaries, but it wasn't Kate Bush originally on It was like an emo version of it, and I was like sitting there listening and I was like, I would have never known that song right when I saw that, Like, rewatch that episode if it wasn't for it going viral.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because of Stranger Thing. Yeah, but the email version was dope.
Speaker 6: I thought it was great, which fits the Vampire Diaries a lot because it's you know, dark and vampirey, vampirey.
Speaker 3: Are we also talking about shows that we've been watching?
Speaker 4: Anything you want?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: Well? I also watched over the weekend I Love La, which is new on HBO, and it's essentially the gen Z like Instagram influencer version of Sex and the City. Oh yeah yeah, So like Sex and the City, I would say like, is gen X Girls is like millennial? And then I Love La is gen Z. I felt old watching it because it started. I was like, oh, they're only twenty seven, that's not that far off. No. I felt ancient, like an ancient geriatric woman.
Speaker 8: Doing it, like they all live in La and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. They go to Airwan.
Speaker 7: One of them is an Instagram influencer, and one of them's her manager, and then they're like four friends that all like, you know, get up to city antics like the sep around kind of Josh Hutchterdson's in it.
Speaker 8: We love him, yeah, from Hunger Game, Hunger Games.
Speaker 3: Yes, anyway, I recommend that one the Winter Olympics are on the way.
Speaker 5: Here's five Olympic events that you should get psyched for, in no particular order. Biathlon, which is a bathling sport that combines skiing and shooting. No American has never meddled. In fun fact, Katie Capp does that, really?
Speaker 4: Does she? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Kitty Cap do cross country skiing. You get a rifle on your back, then you stop and shoot some targets. You put your rifle back on your back and your ski. Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love her, lady. Every time you talk about her, I love her more.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Winter Olympic events you should get psyched for. Number four is curling. Number three snowboarding. I'd like to snowboard once or twice in my life.
Speaker 8: Oh, you're gonna need more than that to enjoy it.
Speaker 6: It's gonna take you a few times to learn how to even stay up on it, but but you would love it.
Speaker 5: I love snowboarding number two, downhill skiing or alpine skiing. Lindsay Vaughan could become the gold medal, the oldest gold medalist in Winter Olympics history.
Speaker 4: You've learned at buck Hill.
Speaker 1: If you don't know that little fun fact she trained at buck Hill, the true story.
Speaker 5: The number one Winter Olympic event you should get psyched for this year is men's hockey because the US expected to win silver behind Canada, which are our cousins.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that, all right, Sleanedyon has done such a mom thing and I wanted to pass this along, so she is on. I'm not sure if it was tweets or it was TikTok or what, but I think it's TikTok. She says this. They told me, Selene, it's time. I just said time for what. It turns out something completely new. My team said they'd handle everything, handed me back my phone and then quietly disappeared. So here I am learning how this TikTok thing works, one video at a time. Thank you for being here. I'm glad we're together, selene xx. So it is your your mom or your aunt gladys learning how to use TikTok.
Speaker 4: That is adorable.
Speaker 1: That is the dirt on KDWB coming up, John Mleeney tickets, We'll get those worry coming up with it about fifteen minutes or so on Katie WB. We're new talk back Tuesday. It's kind of a fun one. Sell us on your hobby. What is your hobby? Sell us on your hobby. I will go ahead and start. I'm going to sell you on getting a bird feeder in your backyard and watching birds because you can keep track of the birds. There's bird apps that you can track them with. You can get a bird buddy which will recognize the birds for you. It's cheap, it's fun. It's great for the environment because the bird population is shrunk by about a third since nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 4: Did you know this?
Speaker 1: I know from you that because of loss of territory and cats, cats kill so many birds. So birding, sell us on your hobby. Use the talkback feature. Whether you I don't know. Maybe you juggle and you're like, man is the best thing ever? Maybe you build legos. My brother, he's an adult He builds legos, like elaborate legos for a hobby. Sell us on your hobby and use the talkback feature that's the red microphone on the iHeartRadio app, and let us know what your hobby is. And sell us on that. Maybe we'll get some ideas. Yeah, and we'll do that