Speaker 1: Seven thirty six, seven hundred WLW were at the Long Next in Richwood. Reminder next week we're headed to Hebron and then we'll be at the Hebrew location for November. And another reminder, twenty four minutes until our drawing. If you're in the house, don't have a ticket, ask your server for a ticket to sign the back of it. You got to be here for the drawing. At eight. You're going to pick up a very cool Bengals print. We'll draw that again in twenty four minutes. He's rocky, I'm Lance. Let's talk some high school football. You are our next guest on Friday nights with the award winning high School Football Tonight's Show on ESPN fifteen thirty and Fox Sports thirteen sixty I Radium at tri Statefootball dot Com. Always a pleasure to welcome in, Greg Shoemaker, How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good, guys. What a great weekend. Week ten of the regular season in Ohio. First weekend in the playoffs in Indiana this weekend. Two weeks left in the regular season. In Kentucky. It's it's it's go time right now for sure for a lot of teams.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. Let's get into the first of four games. Let's start with winton Woods at Lebanon. Playoff positioning on the line, and winton Woods got a little bit of a boost of the running game last week as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they really did. So the cool thing about this game is the winner has put themselves well. Actually, if Lebanon wins this game, they will get a first round by in Division one Region two. If went Woods wins, they will get a first round by in Division one Region four. But that's only if Moler loses. So wyn Woods is already secure to top eight spot in a home game in the playoffs. If Lebanon loses, they could still finish in the top four spot, but they could also finish as low as number ten in Region two in the rankings. So a lot on the line here that said, like you were talking about, Lance, went Woods got his running game a boost last week when Isaiah Garrett came back for the first time this season. The junior ram for eighty four yards and a touchdown on fifteen carries last season. To end the year, he ran four straight games of one hundred and ten yards or more, and five times in the last six contests he did the same thing, and then he's been off all this season and it's went in their Their quarterback Bryce Seawan browns led them and rushing with three hundred and ninety six yards this season, so to get him back and this time of year when as you're looking at it tonight, the weather's changing and it's football weather, and you better be able to run the football in the end of November and into October. That said, Lebanon quarterback Luke Baylor has thrown for nineteen touchdowns and over his last five starts, he's got three receivers with at least six touchdown catches on the year. And if Lebanon wants to stay in this game at home, they're gonna have to get some unconventional, unconventional points and they've done that this year with five pick six is on their eleven interceptions for the season.
Speaker 3: All right, Greg West versus East in Lakota, how about this? And and how fitting Tom Bolden going for his career win two hundred in a rivalry game. Uh, this should be a great one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I just want to I want to give Tom Bolden a bit of love here, Like you said, Rocky's going for his two houndred career win. He has one ninety nine and thirty seven in his nineteen seasons as a head coach. By the way, Rock one of the third of those raw losses are your saying up to Bombers, which is uh so so Bolden's fifteen and oh all the time versus Lakota East, including a six and oh mark against UH uh East as the Firebirds head coach, and uh even even so, once you got to UH West this this past six years ago, they'd have been great in UH in October under Bolden, having won twenty consecutive of football games dating all the way back to twenty twenty and again a loss in the regional championship to Saint Xavier. But yeah, I mean he's been fantastic and I hope he gets that WINZ and Mara. It'd be a great thing for intern out rivalry game like that. So both teams are in the playoffs, neither one can get a first round by but they I'm for sure that West has a home game in Week two of the tournaments. So now we've been talking about the weather. West has only had five hundred and fifty five yards rushing in the first seven games of the year. They have since run for four hundred and forty five in the last two games, so it's very interesting. And the funny part about this is East has had a bad time against teams that can run the football with bigger lines. They're allowing two hundred and five yards a game rushing five point six yards of carry, and have given up twenty one touchdowns on the ground, So they have to do a good job at trying to stop the run in this one. They want to stay in this game. That said, their secondary has been outstanding with ten interceptions this year, returning four of them for pick six is. And not only that, in their ten interceptions, they've a massed three hundred and fifty six yards of return yardis So you know over a nine game period, that's like what fifty sixty yards a game just in return yardis So, I mean, they're amazing there. The one thing that what East will have to do to stay in this ballgame is run the football themselves. And Rter Hooks, their senior running back. He's he's their all time leading rusher at East and he's having a great senior year. He's run for fourteen hundred yards, he's everage and one hundred and sixty yards rushing per game, two hundred and thirty of all purpose yards per game, and on defense he has twenty four tackles, five pass breakups, two picks, sixes, and is tied for the league lead with four interceptions. So I'm telling you right now, if he's he may be one of our candidates for Ohio Mister Football coming out of Southwest Ohio, especially if they win this game. So it's it's that's an interesting game. And the only other dichotomy of this game that I really feel pretty cool about is is La Coda East. They're they're only giving up for Lakota West has only given up eighty three yards a game passing and uh uh, just four touchdown passes on the year. So again, in a game that needs to run, this could be it for sure, all right.
Speaker 1: Speaking of playoff implications, Fairfield and oak kills winner in and loser has to hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, And we're gonna have Fairfield coach Justin Roaden on in the pregame show tomorrow on High School Football tonight. And he was the head coach at Oak Hill's the previous five years, and we've had nothing but great things to say about these kids at Oak Hills and and their banks out Fairfield is and I think both these teams, like both coaches feel like if we can get into the playoffs and nextra week of play of plays going to help us in meissle and it'll be like a good thing and they need that extra that week of practice and it's you know, it's a win for both teams. Who was surevery one gets in and o'kill's senior wide receiver Aaron McFarlane who came from Taylor. He has one hundred and ninety career receptions, more than thirty three hundred yards receiving in his career. That puts him only twenty six players in Ohio have had two hundred receptions in their career and he's only one of only nineteen players in the state of Ohio with thirty three hundred yards in his career receiving. So great career for him, look for him. I hope he gets to continue on that path to greatness. And then freshman running back at Fairfield Coorious Booker. He spent in the GMC with five hundred and seventy one yards rushing, very very impressive to be a freshman and have that kind of stats in the GMC.
Speaker 3: Greg williams Berg who is undefeated at Bethel Tate, And I don't know if I could love this anymore. Bethel Tate started the year oh to five, have rattled off four straight and now have a chance to get in the U I guess the SBAAC national title.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, they're close and Rocky, you hit everything on the right here. Williamsburg has never finished a regular season ten and oh. The program went twenty six oh to one from nineteen seventy one to nineteen seventy three. They only played nine games in the regular season that year, so it's a very very cool thing if they could get there. However, two years ago, Williamsburg was sitting at eight and oh and in this same game, Bethel Tate beat them twenty two to twenty at Bethel Tate. And the ironic thing about this is Williamsburg senior wide receiver Troy Harris was the star for Bethel Tate in that game with six receptions for one hundred and thirteen yards, a touchdown, eight solo tackles in an interception. Last year, he transferred to Williamsburg, where to get avenged the loss. He ran for one hundred and thirteen yards on six carry on ten carries, hadnyty five yard kickoff retree for a touchdown and an interception as Wildcats beat Buffle Tate last year. So if Williamsburg wins this game, they might have to call this and here says another good game, they might have to call this the Harris Cup by me every year. This is something else, and he could be three this game over the next three years. But it's a good, fun small school game to follow. Both great implications and both both teams had a great run this year for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, layout things listeners and readers can't expect as we move into the weekend and look forward to the High School Football Tonight show Tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, High School Football Tonight is on Fox Sports thirteen sixty and ESPN fifteen thirty tomorrow from six to eight pm. No Saint Xavier games this Friday or next Friday, so both weeks will be on from sixty eight this week on boat channels. Next week just on Fox thirteen sixty. Like I said, we'll have justin roadan head coach of o'kills on with us there. We'll also have the head coach went Woods. Chaff Murphy's joining us, Dan Court from Boom Counties joining us, Kyle Hogan from Saint Bernardo, and when Place will be joining us. They play on Saturday Day, have one eighth straight game. He'll be fun to talk to as well, So listen to that, and then after the game, go to Tri statefootball dot com the Underground sports Shop scoreboard. We'll have all the scores for you. We'll have highlights, recaps, all kinds of great stuff for you or Tri State Football tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Excellent as always, look forward to it. Thank you for the time. We'll talk next week.
Speaker 2: Sounds good, guys. It'll be a fun one playoff start next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Graig, Thanks Greg, We got it. Greg Shuemaker high school football tonight, tri statefootball dot Com. What do you say we take a time out of continue up next, Let's offer up some fantasy football advice. For that, we'll turn to Dan. We are rolling through a Thursday night, hanging at it long next in Richwood. We'll do our drawing in about thirteen minutes of cool Bengals print to give away eight o'clock hour. We'll get back into the Bengals look ahead to the matchup against the Jets. We'll do a hot topic around the NFL, might have to expand it to the hot topic around sports, what's going on with the NBA and the gambling investigation today and more. We'll travel Rockies Road as well. Oh, I can't wait. I want you to tell me the story of Delaware and Joe Flacco later on. If we do that, he is Rocky on Lance Long Necks in Richwood. It's the Roundtable Show presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW