Speaker 1: We all had that one teacher who believed in us.
Speaker 2: Show your gratitude with thank A teacher powered by don HER's Shoes nominated a public school teacher to win five thousand dollars for the classroom this week when you get a shout out two Eileen Jennygus, a special education teacher at Carver Elementary School, teacher to thank today at iHeartRadio dot com slash teachers.
Speaker 3: I love teachers. Well done, Thank you all. We were doing that thing history with the young lady who works there, who does the social stuff.
Speaker 1: For us, Tiara. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always say her name wrong, So I was looking for help anyway, and she was doing a thing about what would you be doing if you weren't on radio? And I should have said, teacher.
Speaker 1: I know what Sauce would say. What booger Sugar?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he loved it? Loved it?
Speaker 1: You love it? You loved it? No? I didn't. Yeah, you did? You must have I did. What do you mean I must have done? Damn? What do you mean? I loved it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: You you s he said, if you had a year to live or whatever, what would you do? You said, Booger Sugar? You said cocaine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you said you would do tons of it if I had made it, obviously right. You said you wouldn't do haroing, but you would do a ton of cocaine. Pull your hands up.
Speaker 1: If you had thirty days to live, what would you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, peah, I mean, well, I'll just tell you this. My kids wouldn't have any inheritance, that's for sure, and the thing.
Speaker 1: Would be a disaster, my bang by.
Speaker 3: I have things I want to say, but I know that lady's gonna assume me if I keep talking about it.
Speaker 1: I'm hanta sy free, but she's waking.
Speaker 3: Up having a bad day and she doesn't know.
Speaker 5: Wait, if you had thirty days to live, you wouldn't people of the things you would do?
Speaker 1: You want to see her on her fake on fake bh.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like the elephant man.
Speaker 1: You know you're getting an email her agent. You're getting to.
Speaker 6: Be fair.
Speaker 1: I don't even know she is.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You'd recognize she's in. Yeah, she's actually very good. Seems very smart too. I like that girl. She seems nice. That's Peter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she seems great.
Speaker 1: I don't really know.
Speaker 3: I can't picture her face, but I'm sure i'd know.
Speaker 4: Dude, if I had thirty days left to live, I would eat chicken fingers, spend time with my kids, and play cards.
Speaker 1: So just like.
Speaker 3: I was skiing last night.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Yeah, perfect conditions. Yeah that's pretty cool, man.
Speaker 4: It was like forty degrees man, if anything, it was too warm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that was good. Man. She's got some naturals. I think the gymnastics help. She's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she figured it out faster than I did when I was her age. She's like, she's killing it.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: They have a skiing team right at the school.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she's gonna do it or not, but she definitely could.
Speaker 3: That is so crazy that up here you all have skiing teams and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I bet where she goes they do. Yeah, we'll see if.
Speaker 4: She wants to get into it or now. But she definitely found a new love, which is good, Which is awesome, dude, get her off with her, get her off the screen, right yeah, get her off the old iPad, get her off the phone, and get her on the slopes.
Speaker 1: No, she's loving it.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about going BMX and this year too, trying kinds of new things, find a new hobby, yeah, man, I need hobbies that I don't turn into jobs.
Speaker 1: Or no booker, sugar, no gambling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't do that anymore or any less.
Speaker 1: You love it, you love it, You love it.
Speaker 5: When you see him, you red for nod and then you walk away.
Speaker 1: You leave them alone, Just leave me alone. Yeah, I got things to do.
Speaker 3: Hey, if I got here.
Speaker 1: No, he's there's some listeners coming to Zach's. Getting the chairs ready, Corey will be here. We got it. But now whoa baby? Oh you can't, can't. I'm scared. Some of the listeners today worked for ale Bunner. They just stopped and got him to find out.
Speaker 4: If that's the case, they're welcome back five days a week starting Monday. You're fat free advertising. It's it's my favorite. I think it's my favorite. Desserts the wrong word, right, treat? Yeah, it's a treat.
Speaker 1: Is there anything better on the planet in that genre than these? No? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: It's it's honestly baked good.
Speaker 1: There so good.
Speaker 4: They're so good that when they won the award for Best Cinnamon role in the Country, We're like, are they nuts?
Speaker 1: The puppy dog tails are better? I wouldn't leave them out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the scavengers. Yeah, with the scavengers. I wouldn't leave them out there.
Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, scavengers, the vultures.
Speaker 3: Hi, Steve's welcome. Thanks for bringing the treats.
Speaker 1: They know they know us too well. Yeah, they brought puppy dog tails.
Speaker 8: God, speaking of puppy dog tails, careful, come on, man, stop come What wasn't the thing with cats the movie?
Speaker 4: They had to digitally remove them because initially they were in the movie, which is insane that somebody made that choice. Loved that movie. It was a zero out of ten. I hated every second of it and I watched all of it.
Speaker 1: The b Inches might have added a little flair to that movie. Flair is an interesting choice of words. Might have been the best part of the film. Yeah, he loves flairy b h.
Speaker 4: Title of the podcast, I dare you?
Speaker 1: That's fine? Do you spell Flarry? Look it up?
Speaker 3: Our car broke down to night? Good thing you're here?
Speaker 1: Like God, you're funny? Mess shows dumb? Thanks, Okay, let's do them. Sorry. Should we talk science?
Speaker 9: There's just somebody who sent over the side of the road a lot of comps.
Speaker 1: Should we talk science?
Speaker 4: Is there something scientific you'd like to discussed.
Speaker 1: He loves it. He loves it, he loves it. This is a day that I miss Rosen.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, well, what does Rosen like about young women?
Speaker 1: He loves it. He loves it, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Psychologists say Americans have a fascination with death.
Speaker 7: Experts say exploring death is a controlled way to face your fears. Viewership of true crime TV shows and podcasts are up forty two percent over last year. A Yuga Paul says fifty percent of us like to watch scary movies. Then there are your good classes held in graveyards. And if that's not enough, the newest trend coffin lying that's thirty minutes in a coffin where you can meditate, which is supposed to reduce stress. I'm free, tennis.
Speaker 4: Look, my wife listens to the true crime podcast all the time because she's taken notes on how she's eventually gonna dispatch me.
Speaker 1: Right, I get that.
Speaker 4: But if I was single and dating somebody that did cemetery yoga, I'm out the door.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I thought if I was twenty two and she was like a ten out of ten, I'd.
Speaker 4: Be like, what do I care? I'm a dumb young kid at forty five. I'm not dating somebody that does cemetery yoga.
Speaker 5: I thought she said coffin lying like you cough and then lie. That's what I thought she said. I didn't know what that was. God like, I have perfect hair.
Speaker 1: Six flock Here what another attempted humor is the fans? Paul Lambert, I'm handsome.
Speaker 3: I got an emails from Bob Pittman.
Speaker 1: From that ciphered ladies lawyer. Stop talking about my client's bunghole.
Speaker 4: Okay, whoa come on, man, it's you gotta know where the line is.
Speaker 1: Dude, kids how manytimes?
Speaker 3: Your dad gotten that email from you?
Speaker 4: Just kids on the waitest school and you're talking about that and doing cocaine.
Speaker 1: I didn't bring up cocaine. Yeah you did.
Speaker 10: You said you would do it for the last thirty days of your life. You love it NonStop? You love it, You love it, you love it. Are you trying to picture who with like? Which actor? I'm hearing in my head you love it?
Speaker 1: I can't. It's somebody dusty. And I'm not even saying that they said that line.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I'm trying to picture somebody with Yeah, it's reminding me of somebody.
Speaker 1: Say it again, you love it? I don't know, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can't even impaate myself the second time. It gets worse every time. Got who is that you love it?
Speaker 1: Tummy?
Speaker 3: We'll say, man, yeah, I know where you're I'm right on the edge of it myself. I can't think of what it is. It doesn't trigger something for me. Huh, oh, well, I don't care anymore.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. I don't care anymore. Thanks Phil Collins. Oh, good poll.
Speaker 4: Oh that was a gentle high five. We barely made a sound gentle high. It was very very soft and yes, which if we didn't have flaring b h as the podcast that might have anic don't change flaring five minutes left in this hour, we could go further south if we want, all right, Chris, the news.
Speaker 3: Pets could lead to a better quality of sleep.
Speaker 7: Psychologists say allowing your pat to share your bad will enhance feelings of security, comfort, and reduces anxiety and onliness. A Mayo Clinic study says co sleeping with your pet improves your quality of sleep by about eighty three percent, but that co sleeping does have a downside. Some pets hog the pillow, the blanket and snore, and the Cleveland Clinic says, all that fur and pet dander needs to hit the washer at least once awake, but it's probably worth it. I'm pre tennis.
Speaker 4: There's no doubt Muppet sleeps in your bed and Winnie sleeps in the alley.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: No, they both sleep in our bed, but Muppet like cuddled up next to you and Winnie at the edge of the bed barely hanging on no blanket. Yeah, right, so you've watched me sleep. Maybe I have one of those robot vacuum cams. Yep, I hacked into it and I watched you sleep.
Speaker 5: Every day when I get up and leave, I make sure Muppy isn't covered by the blanket.
Speaker 1: Wow, I give Winnie the middle finger. Kick you kick Whinny off the bed. Speaking of the Mayo.
Speaker 3: Rochester, Minnesota's Mayo Clinic has rated the the top hospital in the Globe. Newsweek named the medical facility at the top of the World's Best Hospital list for the eighth straight year. We do so weird, I know, isn't that magazine's annual rankings are based on patient survey results in international survey of healthcare professionals Performance Metrics and implementation of patient recorded outcomes. So well done.
Speaker 4: Oh y'all, it's what we do the Roch. The we have the nation's best sentiment role. Yes, we have the nation's best hospital. We have what else? What else do we have? This?
Speaker 3: We have a great actress with a weird looking.
Speaker 4: No, she's not from here. Who wait, who's a man Amanda Ciphered?
Speaker 1: Do it again? Kind dang it, I don't know what you were doing. What are you saying? Who's a Manda Ciphered? She's an actress? Okay, he's actually right this time, Yeah he is.
Speaker 3: I wonder if there, if you're listening down in the Roch, do you still have that sweet Barnes and Noble right downtown that is like like looks like an old building. It's a sweet bookstore a long time ago. I haven't been to downtown Rotch in a long time.
Speaker 1: Going to Barnes and Noble that actually pisses me off. I love it so much because.
Speaker 4: Because it's uh, I walked by all these books and like that looks good. That looks good. That looks good. And by the time I'm even remotely ready to buy.
Speaker 1: When I'm like, I'm never going to read this? Who am I kidding? I'm gonna buy it. It's gonna collect dust.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna it's gonna be a constant reminder that I have no desire to read or better myself in any tangible way.
Speaker 1: What's infuriating in Rochester? Yeah? Where was I yesterday or a couple of days ago? Which Barnes and Numbles was?
Speaker 3: Was that the new one in the in the Plymouth?
Speaker 1: Are they making it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: I was at the I was the I was at Shields and then what what mall is that? Is that Eton Prairie Mall?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was at that. Barnes and Noble. Yeah, I love it. Man. They have Legos, they have books. They do have Legos.
Speaker 3: They have a Starbucks. They let you read the books until you get kicked out.
Speaker 1: I like the smell of new books. You love it. I'm with him.
Speaker 3: They do fresh paper, the fresh paper, ink and knowledge.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, I wish I had more knowledge and just not willing to put in the time to acquire it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, right, Sauce.
Speaker 3: What exactly what's little Dude's name on Game of Thrones? The Tyrian land Yester, I just watched Tyrians. They why are you reading all the time?
Speaker 1: Imp?
Speaker 3: They call him, and he says, uh, you have your sword, I.
Speaker 1: Have my books. Right. He drinks and he knows.
Speaker 3: Things that he and I about the same height, and we liked a lot of the same things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well doesn't he Yeah, he loves one thing, right, what I've learned from that show?
Speaker 1: Sure, w h's why would.
Speaker 3: Right? Why would you say w H?
Speaker 4: Because it's there's kids going to school. No, he doesn't want to spell the rest of it. That's not like initials. Those are just the first two letters, right, yeah, right, thanks, well, no, it's the two letters of the two things. W Oh the houses he said about the house? Oh god, I thought you were just spell and stopping after races. It doesn't he love those who your MIC's on.
Speaker 1: I'm MIC's on. Thank you. It's been a long time. Let's see. I don't care about it.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what you guys have mentioned this? Unless I wasn't listening, did you guys know that Anthony Edwards got fined twenty five grand for throwing his balls into the stands. Yeah, halftime of Tuesday's game, Anthony Edwards threw the game ball into the crowd, where it accidentally hit an arena staff member in the head. Oh last year, Edwards was fined four hunder twent twy thousand dollars by the NBA, mostly for profane language in postgame interviews. Adidas then released a video after the announcement saying, thankfully we saved. We saved for times like this meeting. Edwards's sponsor is putting the twenty five thousand dollars bill for Minnesota star player. What it's a free roll, it's a free roll. So he threw the ball into the crowd, hit a dude in the head. They're going to find him twenty five grand and Adidas is paying paying the bill.
Speaker 1: Does the guy that got hit in the head get to keep the ball? Does he assume him? Does he get the money?
Speaker 5: Give the money to the because I think I would bet on the ticket or somewhere.
Speaker 1: When you go in there, they aren't like if.
Speaker 4: You get hit with his base was Employee's employee Workers comp Workers com.
Speaker 3: And that guy who got kicked in the nuts by Dennis.
Speaker 1: Rodman got how many didn't he a camera guy? Yeah? Yeah, but he did a good job. Really playing that up though. It was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did a good job.
Speaker 4: You get kicked in the balls by Dennis Rodney, it would be devastated.
Speaker 1: It would hurt your ball. I'd get taken out by a stretcher too.
Speaker 9: I might just have somebody put me down in d n R on your Yeah all yeah, funny, you're breathing, you're standing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gotting nothing to do with the nuts. Just put me down.
Speaker 4: Hey, sauceer here hawk got kicked in the nuts by Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 1: He loves it. He loved it. Yeah, Friday, I know they can tell. There's puppy dog tails out in the hallway. Hell, Corey Pros is gonna be hearing like ten minutes. We're gonna play initials in forty five minutes. This is the Power Trim Morning Show on the fan.
Speaker 11: With it far side, it gets Chris Donne setting them up for the step back, perhaps down with the corner.
Speaker 1: He's gonna let it fly.
Speaker 12: Clutch again for Anthony Edwards right in front of his own bench.
Speaker 1: That is big time.
Speaker 3: There you go, Thanks, Al Horton. That's just a little sample of what you're gonna hear in sports.
Speaker 7: It's time for.
Speaker 6: Fan five on the Power Trip presented by All Around your TimberTech deck building contractor thank you all.
Speaker 1: Around, Yeah, thank you the come on what There's no way it can't be that funny. Still, yes, he loves it. He does love it.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you were saying, the Minnesota Timberwolves beat the Clippers ninety four eighty eight, ant had thirty one.
Speaker 5: Your Wolves are thirty seven and twenty three. They battled Denver on Sunday at two thirty pm.
Speaker 1: That is the coolest sentence I've ever heard somebody talk. Thanks man, here's Fincerino.
Speaker 12: Super physical, you know, not not not the prettiest game to watch, for sure. I thought, you know, the key to the game was the unit that was in there end of the.
Speaker 1: Third, beginning of the fourth.
Speaker 12: So you got a you know, we got a little bit of rhythm, We got some easier looks, you know, ball kind of move. We moved a bit more.
Speaker 1: Damn Yeah, Aunt yelled at him. He did, yeah, and he threw a ball ahead. Dude in the head. He did.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: The Wild beat the Abs five to two last night. Your Wild have won six straight two goals by x, two goals by bully won by Zucarellorello.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, Yeah, yeah, come on, Tony Soprano.
Speaker 5: The Wild are five points behind the Abs. They battle the Mammoth tonight at eight pm.
Speaker 3: Here's mister Hines on getting off the fest art.
Speaker 1: It was important, you know, I think this one, and you know you're coming in.
Speaker 13: Obviously with Colorado, which is a big game coming straight out of the break. And I thought the guys did a good job preparing, whether they were at the Olympics or not at the Olympics, and I thought everyone was came together as a group and played well. And now we got to you know, we got a big another big one tomorrow against Utah. So I think to get a win was was obviously nice and important for us, and now we can build from there.
Speaker 1: Sir, you're saying to Corey, that's all. What's up? The listeners are like you just randomly said, sir, sir, that's how I talked to John Hines. Oh okay, yeah, yeah, there's Corey.
Speaker 3: Look at him fresh, Good morning.
Speaker 1: What's up everybody? Good morning, everybody frustrating.
Speaker 3: Work out to discover strength.
Speaker 11: Look at you, hey man, following your leap hell, you are frushing yours I make weird noises like, yes you did.
Speaker 1: It's very hard. Yes, that's what it is. That is passion.
Speaker 11: Yes, he was crushing in there the other thanks's great, good to see you. Go to see you guys. Yeah, likewise, since you're coming in, good to see you. I got some issues with this guy for me get in line. I mean, well, like six weeks ago, you nearly became our bench coach, which would have been cool, and I was like reviving, but then last week you want my job?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, wasn't that like I could do baseball? Right, it's the easiest saying that. It's the easiest job. You just tell stories and stuff. Honest, I don't think anyone's listening when I say stop.
Speaker 11: Well I was listening, and I'm like, you know what, at one point, I'm going to get a text from Corey or I'm going to see Hawk and I'm going to get invited back, and we've got to we've got to.
Speaker 1: Sort this out. Yeah.
Speaker 11: So I got an idea, I've gotten I got a thought. So I don't work one day, you call the twins and I don't eat. I don't eat red meat, so I sit in that chair instead of meat sauce, soy sauce.
Speaker 1: We swap it. Yeah, right there, that's perfect.
Speaker 4: Sorry, he does seven to twenty sports. You do the Twins game?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can we make it permanent?
Speaker 1: Come on? Sure, you said it's easy. I didn't say it was easy. Said it's the easiest to the fore and it wasn't even close. But play the tape. I didn't say it was easy.
Speaker 5: I may have said it was easy, but I didn't mean it like that. I couldn't do it like you do it. I could probably do it like I don't know. Who's the guy that does Washington National Games. He's probably terrible at it. Why is he terrible?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm just thinking of a team. I can't do it like you. You're very good at it, as you learn from the best. I'd be bad at it, but I.
Speaker 1: Could you do great.
Speaker 4: A week ago you said that's the one that you think you would be good at if you if you tried hard.
Speaker 5: Sure, eventually I wouldn't be Corey level tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Well I wouldn't be Sauce level tomorrow. You gotta work. No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: He's a crafty provis Can I ask a couple of questions, are you capable of raising your hand? Yes, okay, raise your hand quickly and then just say woold Hawk, wood Hawk. You are absolutely capable of replacing him tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I understand what he said. Now, good to see you guys.
Speaker 3: You know what I want to do, man, this I was saying this morning. I'm looking for things to do that don't involve, uh, you know, things that are not great for me. I just want to come sit in the booth. I don't want to be on the radio or anything like that. I just want to sit with you while you call games this summer a few times. Come on, but that'd be cool. And uh and double As down there too. I want to go say hi to him.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And we've got and Gelinder's back on the on the Twins TV. I think it's great. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What do you call it the American treasure right? Yeah, she's an American fantastic.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 11: I love that Glender's back. It's awesome, awesome. Better call Mama turns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited about that. Testing for her.
Speaker 3: But but just being out at the ballpark on a beautiful day, no reason to to uh to go anywhere else, just watch some baseball.
Speaker 11: Isn't Shelty great. You guys had him in here, right, She's awesome. He's awesome, great guy. It sucks about Pablo. You had him as well. He's one of one. He's such a good guy.
Speaker 4: We're nervous about Ryan Jeffers Man, it's where are the Kiss of Death?
Speaker 1: A little bit?
Speaker 4: It's like Pablo was in here for an hour and a half. We couldn't have been more blown away by how cool he was. He was super down to earth, he was nice to the listeners. He was just a nice guy.
Speaker 1: And then like what three weeks later he's out for now? Oh no, son of them. It stinks, it stinks. It's a big loss.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 11: He is truly one of one, great competitor on the field, but just a guy that I always felt like if there was going to be a player that became the commissioner one day, he could be in that role. He's just so smart and well spoken and gets along with everybody.
Speaker 1: He's it's it sucks. It's a it's a big blow. Yeah, that sucked.
Speaker 4: Yes, Sausman, you're doing baseball play by play, you can tell stories about medium Papolo Lopez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for example, here let's let's just see what that would sound like.
Speaker 4: Maybe like middle of the fourth inning, here we go, Welcome back Twins baseball.
Speaker 5: They trail thirty two to one. So it's story time. Okay, now, wait, so you're just gonna actually say so it's story time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty thirty two to one.
Speaker 2: That's a cheap shot. Yeah, I mean that's the kind of shot I was going.
Speaker 11: To say, just like the second fourth, middle of the fourth okay, so it's story times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, go in.
Speaker 5: At one time spoke to Pablo Lopez, who did not pitch today. He's not the reason they're down thirty two to one. He's a very nice man. He hurt himself when he was sixteen and then heard himself again. It sucks that he's out. Uh, he's very Uh. He speaks five languages. He said hi to me in Portuguese and the pitch ball anyway.
Speaker 1: The count what's the count? One? Oh?
Speaker 11: Okay, and we're doing radio, so you still have to update people on the score of the inning.
Speaker 1: But then.
Speaker 4: Yes, two to one, okay, So the main play by play voice of the Minnesota Twins has met the starting pitcher of the Twins once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, yeah, good one time field down there. Yeah, I don't want to go all the way down the stairs.
Speaker 1: Okay, get down. Getting back to the booth would take you a couple of hours. Look for an elevator. We found now justin. I talked to Pablo about three and a half years ago, and your thoughts.
Speaker 11: And you know, morning remembers thirty two to one here in the fourth inning. Go ahead, story time, Yeah, it's still story time. Go ahead and fly ball cot touchdown.
Speaker 3: Anything going on in the stands you want to talk about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, seemed to see a man down in the stands.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think that's Chris Hockey charmed. It's the whole story. Am I doing anything fun?
Speaker 4: I can't say it on the radio. He's the only person left. Corey provis this is what we call job security. Yeah, he's great.
Speaker 1: I mean he's great. Yes, maybe you've told this story and I apologize. Where does meat sauce come from? What is the story there? Money? Yeah, money, no, brilliant.
Speaker 5: When I was an intern, I used to have to get food and bring it in here during Vikings games, and Star would be sitting where Corey is and I'd get it. I'd bring it in in one day, a guy ordered a sandwich and on top it had a container of meat sauce. I brought it in. I said, here's your meat sauce that I didn't order that. Well, Star like laughed. I'm like, well, there's my inn. I can get Superstar to laugh. So every fifteen minutes I'd come back and said, anybody want you meat sauce. They'd be like, get out. And then like two weeks later, I saw him walking down on the Hallie looks at me, goes, you're now meat sauce. I okay, that was like five okay, Yeah, so that's right.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 3: I don't think we asked you about this last time, because I don't think I knew then, But I'm glad that I made note. Your Your cousin is Brad Sham. Yeah, the voice of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: First cousin. Didn't know that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's been calling the Cowboys now for over fifty years.
Speaker 1: So my mom over years. Yeah.
Speaker 11: So my mom is the youngest of four and Brad's mom was the oldest of the four. So my mom was Brad's aunt when she was I think five six seven.
Speaker 1: There was a pretty big gap there between the four siblings.
Speaker 11: So yeah, so Brad is uh, yeah, Brad's I believe, in his seventies and he's been calling the cowboys for yeah, nearly a half century.
Speaker 4: So it's like a modern family situation where the the aunt is younger than the It.
Speaker 1: Was one of those, one of those. It was one of those.
Speaker 11: But yeah, Brad, it was my first, my first mentor by far, when I was old enough to realize what he did for a living.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, that sounds really fun.
Speaker 4: So I saw you on Twin Cities Live the other day because I believe I'm the only straight, white, middle aged guy that watches that show. But I love Elizabeth, mostly straight Elizabeth and Ben. But you said something like you were doing you were pretending to do play by play when you were like nine or ten in your you know, your base, basement or room or whatever, like you were trying it early. You knew pretty young that you want.
Speaker 11: To do Like the Chicago Sun Times on Bear Sundays, they would print the fifty three man roster on one side, and then whomever the Bears were playing Vikings it would be on the other side, and I would literally rip the pages out with a highlighter, go in my dad's office and turn down summer all in Madden and just called the game when I was nine ten years old, and I just I just knew that this is what I wanted to do. And my older brother would walk by and like, who you're talking to? What are you doing? Are you okay? And what is going on in this house? But that's what I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: That's so cool.
Speaker 4: They played a clip of that on Twiniday's lifet other day and it was like fourth inning.
Speaker 1: It's story time. Be EANs in football back then. Yeah, he was very bad nine years old. Yeah, I was thirty two one. Yeah. You also because they asked you about it.
Speaker 4: You also seem pretty passionate that the Indiana Bears not something you're a fan of.
Speaker 1: That happened, right, I mean Hawk, right, Come on, they cannot move to Indiana.
Speaker 3: It's pretty ridiculous.
Speaker 1: They cannot. I don't think they will. I think it's leverage.
Speaker 11: I think they're going to end up in Arlington Heights, that's in the northern suburbs. I think when it's all said and then this is all posturing her, I think they're going to end up in Arlington Heights.
Speaker 1: They will stay in Illinois.
Speaker 11: They cannot fathom the Chicago Bears playing in Indiana.
Speaker 3: Can you fathom them playing in a dome?
Speaker 11: That I could? Yeah, that I could, because I think they wanted. I think they'd love to get the super Bowl one day. I think they love to get other events and things like that that that I could see happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess you're right, especially being a big market like that.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 3: I just something about going and playing when it's just freezing.
Speaker 11: There, Like where if that happened, if the Bears moved to ham in Indiana and the Vikings are flying into town, They're not staying in Chicago and then busting all the way to hand.
Speaker 1: No, not that he love. Have you been there?
Speaker 3: You I waved at it? I'd like to investigate the buffet.
Speaker 4: He's waived at so many casinos the last handful of years.
Speaker 3: Appreciate them for what they provide.
Speaker 1: I hope everybody in there is having fun.
Speaker 5: Have you waived at slots of fun by circus Circus?
Speaker 1: Sure you've got it. Man, that's such a dumb.
Speaker 3: It really is. It's such a dumb the world that still gives you coins when you win.
Speaker 1: You from there.
Speaker 3: Life's a gamble sauce.
Speaker 1: He's not wrong, thank you, what.
Speaker 4: A dumb vikings news in a second more with Corey provis and then at eight to fifteen will play initials. These four gentlemen square off Corey, Hawk, Zachary and saw Zacho finish. Second, we'll see which one of these three guys beats him in heartbreaking fashion, and one hundred and ten five hundred dollars up for grabs with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials jackpot.
Speaker 1: This is the power trip more than show on.
Speaker 5: The few.
Speaker 1: Happened over there is that arable what happened he did? Or you did he did?
Speaker 3: And then we started the segment and he goes play rise, sp food.
Speaker 4: All over the playing rise and then laughed at himself and spit on.
Speaker 3: You spent food all over me.
Speaker 1: Literally, it's all over me.
Speaker 3: It looked like it was snowing.
Speaker 4: So he made himself laugh by requesting rise and spit food all over over.
Speaker 1: Okay, well professionals, here you go. Corey. I know we're just prosed. All you guys are the best.
Speaker 4: This is the shop every day, every day, Yes, all right, all right, we do we actually have a little bit of Vikings there.
Speaker 1: Let's throw a couple of things at uh, Corey in the group here and we'll see what happens. Let's go presented first store.
Speaker 4: All right, we talked about this an hour and a half ago, but let's let's get the repeat opinions and maybe Corey what you think as well. But the Colts and Anthony Richardson have agreed to seek a trade, so they mutually agreed that like, it's not going to work out, this is this is the time to move on. He was the fourth overall pick in twenty twenty three, but it's already over. Indy is trying to re sign Daniel Jones. Cameron Wolf of NFL Media whoever that is, says that Richardson and the Vikings have mutual interests. So he claims there's interest both ways. Are you willing to take a flyer and gamble on Anthony Richardson?
Speaker 11: Not choice number one? But there was that when the Vikings played the Colts. What a couple of years ago, wasn't it that moment that they caught with koc talking with him after the game and that kind of got all this going.
Speaker 4: Right, That's exactly right, Yeah, Yeah, because there was belief that he liked him coming out of the draft. And I think you're talking about like that state keep doing what you're doing, like we still believe in positive, super positively really positive about it. You know, I just I wonder about you know, I'm I'm so interested in and the Kirk Cousins or Geno Smith. But they're going to start, right, I mean, so the who you bring in, if you bring in Richardson, if you bring in Kyler Murray, that's one thing. But if you go up a notch right to other players, more experienced starters, they're coming here to start right for sure? Yes, right, That's why this would be a true competition because they both have everything still to prove. Neither one of them is established. Yeah, so that's the true horse race. It's it could be. I could see it going either way as well.
Speaker 11: And as there's one side, there's one side benefit JJ more than the other. A true competition, a true competition, versus sitting behind him behind a veteran unknowable right right, every quarterback, you could probably flip a coin and say which way would be better?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hard to say.
Speaker 3: Here's Chefter talking about the Anthony Richardson. You were just referencing.
Speaker 6: NFL films captured a moment between Anthony and Richardson and Kevin O'Connell in a postgame exchanged last season where Kevin O'Connell reached and hugged him and said, you're going to play in this league for a long time. I still believe in you. Now, we'll see if the Vikings have any interest. But let's also keep in mind we're coming off a season and seasons in which we've seen Baker Mayfield rebound, Mac Jones rebound, Sam Darnold rebound and lead the Seahawks to a Super Bowl title. And when teams are in need of a quarterback, somebody out there might be inspired by some of these reclamation projects that have paid off across the league.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: So that's that. And then Chefter also said, this what you guys are going to love about a Rodger last year.
Speaker 14: I think he did want to play in Minnesota. So if he wanted to do that last year, I don't know why he wouldn't want to do it this year. The issue last year was that the Vikings were very sensitive to bringing in somebody like Aaron Rodgers, who's such a force, such a dominant personality, and how that would hinder or affect growth of JJ McCarthy. Maybe they feel differently, it's a different set of dynamics. The GM has been fired, so I wouldn't rule it out. But it came up last year. I could see it coming up again this year, and I can't speak to how likely it is or isn't to happen.
Speaker 1: Saw's your thoughts. Go ahead, you want a Roger.
Speaker 13: Not.
Speaker 5: If you bring in Rogers even if he and Pelli Sero said this yesterday was on with rich Eyesen, even if he plays bad, you aren't pulling him for JJ McCarthy. It's tough to take the four time MVP off the field right there. That is maybe a guy to excuse me that maybe you bring in and you trade justin Jefferson and somebody like Anthony Richardson is like the bat something like that.
Speaker 1: You mean JJ McCarthy, JJ McCarthys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are guys that you bring in like the mac Jones rumor if you bring him in, he's your starter. With Rogers, it's such a polarizing personality that he's your starter, no questions asked, And I think they would even say that in the opening press conference because Rogers isn't coming here to pretend to do any kind of you know, competition or mentoring. He's here because he gets to play Green Bay twice and that's his mission. He wanted to come here last year and they, as they said, they didn't want to ruffle any feathers or I think McCarthy was very, very very against it.
Speaker 1: Let's hear from Corey provis Well, wasn't.
Speaker 11: There a stat about Aaron Rodgers last year? He got the ball out quickly?
Speaker 1: Right? It was?
Speaker 11: It wasn't this downfield passing attack right, it was snapped get the ball out in a couple of seconds.
Speaker 3: That's how he beat us in Ireland.
Speaker 11: So does that fall out though that style of play? Does that match with what the Vikings and Kevin O'Connell want to do with their passing game? Are they more of a quick hit go or do they want to get downfield those Does that style work with what koc wants to do or does it kind of conflict with the kind of game plan that he would like to operate.
Speaker 3: That's a really good question, because I'm not sure they answer that question right now, But I tell you with our offensive line last year, it would have been great for us. Okay, but depending on what we do with our offensive line this year, I'm not sure. I think you'd rather have a better downfield.
Speaker 1: Present, right.
Speaker 4: McCarthy showed very little of that, and with Richardson's accuracy that would probably be a problem as well.
Speaker 1: But the short terms, our short.
Speaker 4: Yard stuff isn't great either, when you're at forty nine point whatever percent.
Speaker 1: So who knows.
Speaker 4: We said earlier, Sauce, you said that Peli Sero had floated the name of Kyler Murray and we were talking about how we would feel if the quarterback room was Kyler Murray, JJ McCarthy and Anthony Richardson. It's a hypothetical, but how would we feel about those three? Corey your thoughts?
Speaker 11: I think that is a true open competition, if that's what you're looking at like, I don't put Kyler Murray in that same class with Rogers and Cousins that I think if he does come here that I think, yeah, it would be more of the competition that you're you're the starter.
Speaker 1: I don't look at it that way.
Speaker 11: I think it's if that's the trio camp is going to be very interesting.
Speaker 1: Who gets these preseason.
Speaker 11: Snaps is going to be very interesting, And maybe that's not a bad thing, but I think it's a true if that's the room, I think that's an open competition.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you'd see Kyler Murray play in maybe the second or third quarter of a preseason game. That's where his career has come to, right, Like he's they didn't work in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Was hurt a lot.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I don't ben when we ask Libra about Kyler, he doesn't think it fits this offense, and he would know more about it than I.
Speaker 1: Would, for sure.
Speaker 3: And of course we can talk about whether he fits the offense or not. The stats before coming here, you have to sort of after what happened with Sam Darnold throw that stuff out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, true, Yeah, so I think And one of the things that in I'm basically just telling you everything, Pella Sero said on Rich Eisen, every one of these quarterbacks that is going to get cut has seen what happened with I mean Daniel Jones before he tore his achilles. That team traded two first round picks for Sauce Gardner. They thought that we're going to go to the Super Bowl and Sam Darnold won the Super Bowl. All these quarterbacks that need a second career are going to try and find their way to Minnesota. Minnesota just has to say yes or no to them, right, They're all gonna want to do San Francisco, Let's or that core. Yeah, but if they keep Mac Jones, you'd be then there's no back Yeah, then there's no backup.
Speaker 3: Plus we're forty three million dollars over the cap right now.
Speaker 1: The cap is a myth. You can sign whoever you want to whatever you want.
Speaker 11: Can I ask you about I don't know much about how the NFL salary cap operates in turate myth. So whatever the cap number is, let's say it's two hundred and fifty million dollars, do all thirty two teams reach that number? Or do some team say now this year we're going to just sit at at two twenty.
Speaker 4: I think there is every minimum, right because every team hit the hit the cap threshold.
Speaker 1: I think there's a floor and a ceiling, so there is a bottom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't There definitely is a bottom before you can't go way way under.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 11: Is it a point that whatever that floor is can you only stay there for a year or two or does it does it have to roll over that over a three year period, we have to be fIF teen percent higher than the floor or their penalties if you stay at the bottom.
Speaker 1: Great question, No idea.
Speaker 11: I just don't because it's it's all coming in my mind right now thinking about how baseball might look at it economically, you know, in the future, about how are they going to have a cap?
Speaker 1: Are they going to have a floor of what this is going to mean? How do they get there?
Speaker 11: And I'm trying to learn how the other sports operate when they all have caps.
Speaker 1: This is AI. Do you have it? HOWK? Yeah? But you can go ahead if you want. Well, this is AI.
Speaker 5: But it says the league mandates a minimum cash spending of ninety percent spending for ninety percent of the cap approximately two unre and fifty one million based on the twenty twenty five cap.
Speaker 1: Ninety per the cap you have to span.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's over a three year span.
Speaker 1: Yep, Oh okay, so then there is that number.
Speaker 11: Then so there is that three year that over a three year period, you have to be within that ninety percent at the bottom. Actually, you can't just kind of hover forever and stay at the bottom.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's it makes sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes sense. Well, the Baseball Players Association, though ever agreed any kind of actual game.
Speaker 1: You know, here's the.
Speaker 11: Issue that I have with all this coming out right now. Look at all the players that are speaking against the cap. These guys have made generational money. Where are the guys that are in year one, year two, sub three arbitration.
Speaker 1: They're not saying anything right now. It's one Soto and Aeronation.
Speaker 11: These are great players, Chris Basst, Brett Brker, these guys have great players, all stars. They've made great money deservedly they but they're not speaking for the masses. Look what happened last time this CBA that the executive committee that's run by eight players, they all said no, and they were overruled by the players. They had to take the offer to the players, and the eight guys, Suerzer and Verlander, all the guys that were on this committee the last time, they all said no. They were overruled by their peers. Ownership noticed that, and that's just that that could certainly certainly happen again.
Speaker 4: Let's combine the football and baseball talk because Zach, we haven't asked you about JJ McCarthy because if he gets cut because some other vet comes in, or he gets traded, will this be the most devastated you've been since the Twins lost Max Kepler?
Speaker 1: It's in the same ilk, is it not?
Speaker 2: And and you know, as far as attractive athletes in this market, it's been a it's been a rough go of it. What I am hanging on the hope for is that that Kepler is, you know, going to surface his time in his suspension. He's going to become available, and he's going to be cheap, and I'm willing to pitch in.
Speaker 4: You want a homecoming your choice of words, very poor choice of words. You'd like him to come back here, You'd like him to return to Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I think he would be a big help to this team. It could be the face of the franchise. Scry provos. Do we need Max Kepler back or now? Problem?
Speaker 11: Is that ineligible for the postseason? Well that's a big deal.
Speaker 4: Come on, yeah, I see what you're doing, Zach, And.
Speaker 1: He keep the bat. Thirty two one is only one game sixty one. Take to court.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take it all the way to the Supreme Court. This injustice cannot stand. We must have Max in October. Okay, he might take walker Jenkins position, though they can find a different position for him. Was Walker on the message boards as well? Or what I'm sure? Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not on there. Well, you were years ago. I was. Oh, yeah, that guy told you about it. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 15: I forgot about that. Yeah, you were horrified. Oh yeah, that was a fun day. Yeah, former co work to break. Yeah, h fan five and a second headline not headlines? What is it called again?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah? Initials initials in fifteen minutes. This is the power trap. Morning shoe on the Fan