Speaker 1: Good morning. It's k d double ub. Jenny's back banks here, baby is here. It's me daddy Bear, Dave. If you're listening to the first time, going why is this weird guy called himself daddy bear? Because I am just a daddy bear.
Speaker 2: Compulsion, a compulsion that you have. I don't know, you know, I don't know words. I'm just back from Jersey plays a little long, not that bright.
Speaker 1: We are a couple of weeks away. Tomorrow is a week from Christmas Eve. Just to let you know, I am so far behind on things. Really, I just am presence. Yeah, mostly presents. I've got enough because yeah, I have to buy for Carson because Susan goes down and buy for Carson. But for like you know, like other like Chas's little girl. I don't have anything for her. She's like to almost two years old. I haven't got anything. You got to get something. She has everything in the world. She doesn't need a toy. But it's your responsibility to send the kid a present.
Speaker 2: Could I ask you a question as another man, do you know how to wrap gifts?
Speaker 3: Because I'm just I'm sure that men look up TikTok ve.
Speaker 2: You doesn't how to wrap gifts and it's still not helping me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One thing I learned is that when you wrap the paper around the gift, fold the edge of the paper so you get a nice clean look. I'll show you, yes, So when you wrap it around, fold a little inch on the wrap around piece so that it looks better that way. Other than that, no, I just if it looks like garbage. Who's my audience, Carson, He doesn't care.
Speaker 2: Still, there's a certain Genese quad that you enjoy opening and like unwrapping a gift as opposed to opening one out.
Speaker 3: Of a bag.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I went and got one of my girlfriend Alyssa's gifts and I texted one of our street teamers because they know how to fold all the gifts they help with Christmas wish Yeah, And I was like, hey, can I run back to the office real quickly? You helped me, And so I came all the way back here and they helped me wrap it.
Speaker 1: Did you really?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: I did. Oh. I doesn't make bad rapping like a part of my personality where they'll be like, well, I know who this gift's from because it's from me because it's wrapped like garbage.
Speaker 5: But I spent like two and a half hours on Saturday wrapping all my presents.
Speaker 6: I don't mind rapping them, it's just not.
Speaker 5: Going to be good, But I mean, I think it's fun to learn how to wrap them in fun ways. My mom goes all out with her wrapping bro spends like two days.
Speaker 1: Oh really. I remember one time for charity, we were with them all and it was like, Okay, come by and for a donation to the Salvation Army or whatever it was, come by and the morning show Dave, Lee and Pat will wrap your presence for you. And so these very kind people would come up like, oh, here's a ten dollars donation for you to wrap my presence, and I'd wrap them and they'd look like a five year old boy had wrap the presence, and I remember they kind of walked away, like you got to rewrap this myself. This is bad, right? You play blind rank here on KATWB. I'm gonna give Jenny, Yeah, five Christmas movies. You won't know what the ranks are. You won't know what they are, but you need to rank them from one to five, and you won't know what they are until I give them to you. So number of paper one to five. Here we go with Home Alone, two two. Okay, you're saving that number one spot. Next movie Christmas Story.
Speaker 6: I hate that movie.
Speaker 1: So that number five, die Hard.
Speaker 6: I've never seen it. I don't think i'd like it either though.
Speaker 1: So number four, okay, it's a Wonderful Life.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: Number three, number three, and the number one Christmas movie is going to be Christmas Vacation.
Speaker 2: Act.
Speaker 1: So what were you? What were your ranks?
Speaker 5: So Christmas Vacation number one, Home Alone, number two, number three, It's Wonderful Life.
Speaker 6: Number four, die Hard.
Speaker 5: Number five a Christmas story that's exaccurate.
Speaker 1: Because you don't like Christmas story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I'll give one to Bailey. Okay, all right, your first one, Bailey is lights lights.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 6: Can I just go all right?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 6: That's going to be number one.
Speaker 3: You're doing Christmas the Cord, Jenny.
Speaker 5: Yes, Christmas verify lights.
Speaker 6: Number one?
Speaker 5: Lights is number one, okay. Number two is a Christmas street.
Speaker 6: Oh sorry. The next one is trees, Chris Trees, Trees. Okay, let's do that for number three. Okay, missiletoe ooh.
Speaker 5: Number two okay, the popcorn strings that you make as a kid, that you hang on.
Speaker 6: The tree, dumb.
Speaker 3: Five.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 6: Number four.
Speaker 5: Then your last one will be a thirty three foot giant inflatable snowman that you put out in your front yard.
Speaker 6: Perfect.
Speaker 4: I love Inflatable's amazing.
Speaker 6: I want them to get caught in the wind. Okay, yes, I have Christmas treats for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, alright, Number one or one through five?
Speaker 6: Here, blind ring fudge four.
Speaker 3: I don't really care for fudge.
Speaker 4: Punge Okay, number four, I got it, peppermint bark.
Speaker 3: Five.
Speaker 6: I think you would like that. Love pepper weird, all right, puppy chow.
Speaker 3: Screw all of you. What you guys pranked me and gave me, oh no whatever? Three?
Speaker 6: Three? Okay, puppy, I always think that's actually And then.
Speaker 4: Russian tea cakes, or as we called it yesterday, dusty nutballs.
Speaker 3: Number one, baby with the dusty nutballs.
Speaker 6: All right, dusty nut balls. D n B got it.
Speaker 4: Number one, And that means your number two Christmas treat is mince pie.
Speaker 3: Okay, My list is terrible, be coming to you, mince pie.
Speaker 2: Give you Christmas songs, ready, dave, yes, sir, ready Number one or the first one is silent.
Speaker 1: Night, okay, And I'm gonna say number two.
Speaker 3: Two all right, baby, it's cold outside nam four all I went for Christmas is you?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 3: All right? So you got the best spot in the worst spot.
Speaker 1: I sure do.
Speaker 3: Mistletoe by Justin Bieber.
Speaker 1: Five, what all right?
Speaker 3: Number one for you?
Speaker 2: Best Christmas song is Last Christmas by waym Okay, it.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be my favorite, but it's not bad at least I didn't get Justin Bieber's what mistletoe?
Speaker 3: That's a great song. Yeah, that's a beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's not a Christmas clack word?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: No, all right? Blind rank on kd WB, coming right back. You can't make this stuff up. You need this for anything. Maybe you have a comment on the show or question or anything about Christmas wish let us not send a text to kd WB.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: We'll be right, two, three, four. Miriam Webster's Dictionaries twenty twenty five word of the Year is slop. Slop as in AI slop. Yeah, like the like the dumb cat videos that I post on my Instagram story every day. I saw one of a cat like bench pressing yesterday, yeah, and it was like, okay, this is pretty funny and the cat's playing bagpipes on the front porch and the mom comes out. It's like, that is twelve o'clock. You stop playing bagpipes and it's really badly done, and the cat is slop. They define it as digital content of low quality that is produced usually in quantity, by means of artificial intelligence. So AI content, I guess got so cheap and easy this year. It's unavoidable now, from cookie cutter writing and full of botched facts to that fun video your dad sent them an old lady on his sledge crashing into a tree because old people don't get a I. They don't understand that the old lady on or like the one that vont and I were talking about, the chiropractor cracking some old lady's neck and he picks her up and throws her through the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you start to think it's a regular massage.
Speaker 1: And then it's like, but your dad would send that to you, going, oh my god, look at this, Bailey, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: You see this?
Speaker 6: What do you think about this?
Speaker 1: So they say it picked up because it managed to sum up the problem in just four letters slop, and it gave us a fun way to mock a I there is a new thing. And if you're a teacher, I want to run this by you that because so many kids are using chat GPT to write answers. So they'll take a paper home or a term paper or whatever and they'll have chat GPT write it and chat GBT writing is really easy for me to spot because it is just too flowery. Yeah, just nobody writes that, well, that consistently, and no one talks like that, and nobody talks about so they're guess what they're bringing back in a lot of schools oral exams. Good, they are bringing back oral exams. If you're a teacher, let me know how you feel about that one. That means you bring little Jimmy, a little Charlene out in the hallway and you say, okay, explain to me why the Declaration of Independence was so important, Charlene, and she'll be like peeking at her phone. Charlene. No, no, no.
Speaker 6: I can understand.
Speaker 4: It would take like way more time to do an oral report, like because you have to do it one at a time. While you know, if you do a paper report, everyone has to be writing at the same time. But I think if you have one oral report during your entire unit, that would scare everybody to not rely on chat cheepy tea so much for.
Speaker 6: Like the whole year potentially.
Speaker 5: But then like if they have a written exam, they're not having access to chat chepy tee during that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I mean if they do it outside of the class, I guess.
Speaker 4: They would, right, And I think like written exams nowadays are different than they were when we were in school because like ours is paper, and they do like a lot of their tests on their chromebooks.
Speaker 1: Oh is that right? So the teacher can't monitor that teacher walks by, They just do alt tab right, and then all of a sudden it's back on the page that they're supposed to be on. Then when teacher walks by again, they all tab again, they're back on chat GPT exactly. Oh interesting.
Speaker 2: I wonder what's easier to catch chetchipt or plagiarism, because remember that was a big epidemic.
Speaker 3: They were like, if you plagiarize, you'll get expelled.
Speaker 4: Truly, they did put the fear of God into us with plagiarism.
Speaker 3: I think chatchapt's easy to spot.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think so too. There is but been only a couple of Facebook pages and one is like, you know, fans of radio, And somebody wrote this article about how we used to have to splice tape literal tape with a razor blade and a pencil and it was all written by chat GPT and you could tell. So I post down there. I said, can we make it a rule on here? No more post by chat GPT and I got so many likes and hearts.
Speaker 6: You guys, somebody.
Speaker 1: Let me if you're a teacher and what you think is like oral exams coming back, and if it's not, then maybe it should. We're gonna do a birthday shouting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, happy birthday to Delilah.
Speaker 4: It's her fourth birthday today and apparently.
Speaker 6: The last two.
Speaker 4: Birthdays we've also given our shout out, so well, let's keep the trend alive. Okay, Happy birthday, Delilah, you are for today.
Speaker 6: Boop boop happy.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. All right, we'll be back in a second with your sing along song of the day. What do you want to sing along with? Kind of a fun part of the show. You basically pick a song. It's kind of like a request line, but you text it into KDWB one and then you tell us what song you want to sing along with this morning. We did a great one yesterday. What was it? Drops of Drops of Jupiter is a great singalong song. What is your sing along song? Text it to me. We'll play it next on kd WB. Hey, by the way, it does Treasure Island match day today and this is where you get your donation matched when you donate to Christmas Wish, So donate go online katwbeat dot com slash wish. We have zeroed out the counter zeroed it out this morning, so we're gonna let you know how you do now. Last week it was the first one we did thirteen thousand dollars by ten o'clock in the morning. It was amazing, astounding, so impressive. We thank you so much. If you've already donated, you are off the hook. But if you haven't donated yet, just picture me glaring at you with my arms crossed, glaring at you, shaking your head with my arms crossed, kind of that shameful kind of a like, m young lady, you can do better than this. Like I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. Exactly right, I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. So anyway, if you want to donate whatever it takes to Hopefully you've been motivated by some of the Christmas wishes to help out. Remember everything that you do get doubled that today thanks to Treasure Island Resorting Casino, Stephanie is on the phone. Hi, Stephanie. We are about to do the peloton? Am I right? Is that you? Or is that somebody else?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: That's definitely me.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, how hard are we going on the peloton today?
Speaker 6: You know, I'm gonna take it. It's like six thirty five in the morning.
Speaker 4: This is the first time I've worked out this early in like two months, so we're.
Speaker 7: Probably just gonna do a little Cody rigsby Hayboo, you know, Okay, funny instructor. He's sassy too, Oh sassy? I love good for you? Is it? Is it working? Are you enjoying your peloton? Is it keeping you fit and healthy?
Speaker 3: I am obsessed with it? So sorry, Dave?
Speaker 1: What the gange changer?
Speaker 7: Because I can just run downstairs, do my poton ride and I'm done. I don't got to drive to Lifetime or wherever I need to go.
Speaker 3: Work out, So I love it.
Speaker 1: Is everybody else you'd like to make fun of they are good friends of our show.
Speaker 7: No I'm not making fun of them. I'm stating a comment.
Speaker 6: As a consumer. Oh love your peloton?
Speaker 1: By all right, Stephanie. You are a fireball, is what you are? What is the song you want to sing along with this morning on your peloton?
Speaker 3: I want you back.
Speaker 1: You God, Stephanie. Have a great day.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Kate is match day for Christmas Wish, So if that inspired you, were said, my gosh, there are some people who are really struggling. Then we would love to have you help them out. And this is how you can be a part of your community by donating a Christmas wish. It is tax deductible. Not that that matters to most people, but for people who are donating a significant amount, like some people donate five hundred dollars or one thousand dollars or more, and they just want to know, hey, is this tax deductible, And yes it is. We made sure it is through youth Link. So go online, even it's five dollars and donate which a credit card. It's easy to do. Katiebb dot com. Slash Wish matched today by Treasure Island Resort and Casino.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: So yeah, absolutely, and so it goes even farther. So if you're gonna donate one time this year, this is the day to donate. Katiewb dot com slash wish. We have time for a very quick day's dirt and then we've got to move on with our lives. Last night start with something that's like, I don't know, boring. This is the NFL final calls. Steelers beat the Dolphins last night in Monday night football completion.
Speaker 3: Great work. He's love playing for Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 1: Your boy, Aaron Rodgers was on the winning team last night. Is he still your boy? Do you like Aaron Rodgers still?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think there's some controversial stuff about him out there, so I can't say whether I believe things or not, so I'm not sure. Okay, but he was a good Packer player for the most part. I'm just gonna update real quick. We're only at one hundred and fifty dollars so far would the TI match day so with okay, So to be fair, we just started. We just started, I'm sorry, not with the match for the man donations. Right now, we're at one hundred and fifty dollars, so then yes, those are match.
Speaker 1: We're ought to a good start though, yeah.
Speaker 6: So we just started.
Speaker 5: We do want to I mean, you know, I want to shoot for the stars and try to do as good as we did last week. But I'm not going to say how good we did last week because then you'll be like, oh, well, if we get to that amount, then I'm not doning.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say. I'm gonna go ahead and say it. If you don't make a bold goal, then you don't have a goal. Then you're not going to be bold. A fantasy five thousand dollars ooh nice, five thousand dollars Because we did ten thousand, thirteen thousand last week, I say we can get five thousand dollars today. Before the match.
Speaker 4: Blake Lively is gifting weird stuff for Christmas. She's been giving out four hundred dollars Majong sets as gifts to friends, and she says that she knows enough about Majong to teach her friends how to play with me, and in the end she always ends up gifting them her own set because they are obsessed and want to practice, and then she just buys.
Speaker 6: A new one.
Speaker 1: I've heard it's the new thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Majong.
Speaker 1: It is the new thing. And I'm not talking about the majong you play on an app on your phone. There's a way to play it that's like super complicated. There's different varieties and it is the new is the new pickleball?
Speaker 6: Really, Sam?
Speaker 5: So there's people where you hire someone to teach you how to play for like a party, so then they like help you along the way and then everyone gets into it and stuff. I provice f on going to like majong parties.
Speaker 6: That sounds fun, actually into it.
Speaker 2: Everybody's been doing the first part of Stranger Thing season two or the last season, and now part two drops on Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: He's a little clip.
Speaker 6: This is not over by a long shot.
Speaker 2: That's part two, and then the actual season series finale comes out on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is a quick abbreviated version of the dirt. We'll be back with more on match day. If you do donate, send me a text, give yourself a shout out saying it's Burrie over here in Cottage Grove or it's like Luke over here in Hopkins or whatever. Will give you a shout out. Maybe you want to give a shout out to your kids. You've earned that if you make a donation to Christmas Wish Katie wild beat dot com, slash wish