Speaker 1: Now, maw. You know, we haven't hit on the new Golden Gopher football schedule yet this uh, this show, but it looks pretty easy. Only a few games that are really, really tough looking. Man, I think it sets up in our favor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tommy's saying college football playoffs.
Speaker 1: Next year is what he's saying. We'll break that down.
Speaker 2: Sure that's accurate. I mean there's twelve teams that get in, so why.
Speaker 3: Can't we be one of them?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Not that hard, it's probably right, that's right.
Speaker 1: It does up the chances.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 2: You got that right, Hey, Indiana just did it? You got that right too, right? And Tom Brady was a six thrown pick. You know you got that right. All of that is right. I think never know when it's going to be your year.
Speaker 1: You know, you just don't know. You just don't.
Speaker 4: Some teams do, like Colorado knows it's their year in the NHL.
Speaker 2: Parker Fox joins the parents.
Speaker 4: I'm going to see it so much more comfortable than you did. Oh my god, I know, buddy, you looked cold.
Speaker 2: Do you guys think your celebrity dating name would be marker pox?
Speaker 3: Well? What hawck.
Speaker 2: O Hawks probably had marker pox got a shot for that Rember Market post. Oh yeah, oh yeah, Markey post smoke show lord lord name Marky night Court?
Speaker 5: Right, I don't know about that one, but no surprise to you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah she was night Court. Yeah, I only really know where from one show. But she was very pretty, wasn't Was she the lady and the one? Who's the lady in the how long is it sentence going to take? Please take a deep reast.
Speaker 6: You're not mad at me?
Speaker 3: Sounds who's the lady in the movie?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Where it's just about the guys or whatever?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm Sidney Lauper. That's not Marky Post, I thought maybe. No, I don't remember what her real name is. Her name in the show is Terry Barry.
Speaker 3: No, it's not very she was Terry.
Speaker 2: Her brother's name was Bud or Buddy, and then the guy was Rick Morehouse.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh, rest in peace. I don't know much about her.
Speaker 3: Markey Post, Ye I do show. There we go.
Speaker 1: She was pretty hot.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: I'm not above It's like Jacu Lamarry told say, Marky, where were you on that last goal? And you would say, I was standing right next to the post waiting for somebody to pass it to me.
Speaker 1: We're supposed to be. Nobody was looking for.
Speaker 2: Good old Marquee post out there, just waiting for somebody to selling it.
Speaker 3: I hope there's a rebound.
Speaker 1: And you just hack at it and score two hundred plus goals in the NHL.
Speaker 4: Pretty good, pretty good gig, and then you can go back and chucks it. But is there anything else you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What else do you do?
Speaker 8: Marsy posts, sports, holiday stations, thank you takes.
Speaker 1: Holiday holiday, the news, whatever, Yeah, the news. There are frost quakes being reported across southern and central portions of Kentucky. That's a new one. Frostquakes sounds like a cereal.
Speaker 3: I would eat that.
Speaker 1: On Monday, multiple reports of the quakes were made. Frost quakes occur when water trapped in soil or rock freezes fast and expands, forces soil and rock to split apart. That causes booms and shake as pressure is released. Frost quakes are considered to be harmless and a good breakfast for the whole family. Yeah, never heard that. I didn't know by exploding trees and I didn't know about frostquakes.
Speaker 4: We were checking some out online. Gianna was was was went down? A rabbit hole on exploding trees there on TikTok or whatever social media. So yeah, that was that was that was that was pretty cool. I was saying it didn't happen to any archeres. I would think being in a rabbit hole is the worst place to be during a frost quake. Yeah, surprisingly warm. Get out of there in caves, you know, the temperature is very consistent. So just get a little quick, little rabbit fire going down there.
Speaker 1: Little rabbit fire. Yeah, classic rabbit fire. Yeah, rubbing those sticks together the arm.
Speaker 3: Next week, crostquake.
Speaker 1: All right, we learned something. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Pressure.
Speaker 1: Speaking of cold, extreme cold temperatures and windshill continue to freeze the eastern US this week, bringing record low temperatures to the south. Forecasters warned that below normal temperatures mm hmm will continue for several more days, and another blast of Arctica is expected on Friday from the plains and spreading into the east and southeast. Thousands from Kentucky to Louise Liana are still without power after the weekend's monster winter storm, which left dozens dead across fifteen states. I'm always astounded when you see those and I can't stop those videos and even still photographs of the seventy four chiropileouts. And when I drove to South Dakota last weekend, oh yeah, and there were moments when it was complete whiteout conditions. I can see how it happened.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Can't see why you don't slow down a little bit. But then you got people who are doing five and somebody's coming up behind them doing seven. Yeah, and then you got trouble. The damn man, that's some serious stuff, right am.
Speaker 3: I right, no, you're right, flat right.
Speaker 5: We would because I was at a school before I transferred to Minnesota, and we would.
Speaker 1: So in South Dakota.
Speaker 5: I wish, but I was in South Dakota and we would have to, you know, go up there during the Christmas break coming back home and just the flat, how flat it was, and the wind blowing, like there was moments where we would get out of the car and like start digging to see if we were still on the road, Like we had no idea. All you could see was white and we're like, okay, we're still on the road.
Speaker 3: We're good.
Speaker 5: And I remember one time we were we were going pretty fast and a semi was coming at us, and we tail whipped right behind the semi Like if we would have tailipped him second.
Speaker 1: Earlier, we would have gotten smashed.
Speaker 3: By South Dakota.
Speaker 1: I like South Dakota were what are you in Deadwood Hawk? Yeah? It was?
Speaker 3: How cool?
Speaker 1: Is that plays the best place in the whole wide world.
Speaker 3: It's far from here, but it's cool.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's not quite far enough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a little It's like a little Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: It is. I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's just something I've said it before, I'll say it again. Is something about that land out there. It just makes me feel free. I don't know what it is, man, I like it. Something in the air. It dizy the Old West Field. It does. Meta and YouTube are in court this week of her claims that they deliberately created addictive products that harm young users.
Speaker 3: Wait what what?
Speaker 1: No? Now I thought this way.
Speaker 4: I thought they did that a long time ago, admitted this happened.
Speaker 1: TikTok have already settled out of court with the key plaintiff in the case, Mediceo. Marcus Zuckerberg is expected to testify its trial. HM, I don't believe it. NASA says all of its crew members are safe after one of its research planes made a fiery land and get a Texas airport. A viral video which I haven't seen this yet, shows flames shooting out the back of the plane. Apparently it had some chilling. Has made an emergency landing in Houston, and NASA spokes versus as the landing gear had a mechanical failure. In the play, had the land on his belly. I gotta tell you when we were told that we were having problems with their landing gear, of course, that was the first thing that came to my mind. That flight, that Vikings flight is we might have to belly land. Yeah. Can you imagine that? I can't.
Speaker 4: That was yeah, when we were flying Florida. I don't remember where we were going, but about twenty minutes into it, they came over and said the hydraulics, something was wrong with the hydraulics. And when we came back and I think I've told you it's a story, and and uh, coming down the runway, runway, thank you, thank you, Barker. There was just it was it was ambulance, fire truck cop ambulance fire cup truck, cop truck.
Speaker 8: It was they we.
Speaker 1: Are hard, hard, but they were they were.
Speaker 4: They were there prepared for like a belly landing because they didn't think the than gear was going to be able to come down. But luckily we were able to land safely.
Speaker 8: And correct me if I'm wrong, Hawk, But on your flight with the belly landing would have been terrible because that plane had just had a full bowl of chili.
Speaker 4: It's exactly right right, Yeah, place, last place you want to get touched.
Speaker 2: Everywhere, no bell, no belly rub after chili. Hey, another moment of ignorance. I guess I never thought of it. I didn't understand. I didn't know that NASA had a fleet of aircraft. Yeah, you just assume it's all rockets and spaceships and stuff. I guess a fleet of aircraft is a thing that they had a pilot. You got to start somewhere. I mean, it makes a ton of sense. I just never thought of it.
Speaker 8: The coolest one was the one that would fly the Space Shuttle from one side of the or they put the Space Shuttle on top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen that.
Speaker 2: I guess I never again, I just never realized, oh yeah, that's a NASA plane.
Speaker 3: Too, makes it a ton of sense.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: See we're learning stuff.
Speaker 2: Frost quakes, fleet of aircraft, market, post Marquis, post Steve Show. No I knew about him. I was alive for his reign, the reign of Lombardosi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a lot.
Speaker 1: Did he any like giant hits? Like was there a I don't.
Speaker 6: Think he was sometimes?
Speaker 2: No, I mean on the billboard like hot. I mean, did he have key hits during the World Series. Let's see, I don't remember. If he did, it's gonna take me away. I mean, I don't think he went over ninety. But I'm just saying, was there. I don't remember a memorable Lombardos He hit.
Speaker 4: No big home run or game winning whatever.
Speaker 1: In winning single double, Yeah, take your time.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't think so, don't worry about it, darn.
Speaker 6: In the playoffs in eighty seven, he had a little He played in eleven games, he had thirty seven played appearances, He had eleven hits.
Speaker 1: I mean that's really really that's really.
Speaker 6: One double, one home run in five RBI.
Speaker 4: So he played really well. So it just maybe never had one of those months.
Speaker 6: That is three forty four in those in that stretch.
Speaker 1: That was really good. Up Damn didn't you just say eleven for thirty seven.
Speaker 3: A couple walks.
Speaker 1: Maybe he had four thirty three.
Speaker 6: Eleven thirty two at bats?
Speaker 3: Oh thirty two at bats walks or yeah, yeah makes sense?
Speaker 6: Really good Yeah job, Steve, Yeah, good job, mister Lambergnosi.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And finally attribution. Wired headphones are making a comeback. Yeah they are. You knew this, I say, I did not know this, but yeah, the cords obviously more reliable than flaky Bluetooth connections. And I must tell you there's a section about a block from my house and about fifty feet from my driveway where my Bluetooth never works. And I don't know why, but it's gotten me to the point where I now use wired headphones anytime I go for walk, just because of that little bit of space. It just cuts off. It just cuts off. Wow, No matter if I'm driving and I'm using Bluetooth on my car radio, no matter if I get headphones in, it's it's the government. Yeah, you got it. There's something going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah that could be careful what you say, waiting going on there?
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm ready to go back to wired and look into that. I'm also thinking about going back to those old bicycles, one giant tire in the front and one little one in the back for you.
Speaker 3: She's top hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I'm thinking about monocle as well.
Speaker 3: Came don't it's a rough week.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing that back too, so also do sports after this. Parish is here, Parker Fox is here. This is the Power Drip Morning Show on.
Speaker 8: The Minneapolis Home and Modeling Show, presented by Smith Cole Stucco in Stone January thirtieth through February first at US Bank Stadium. Plan your visit and save on tickets at Minneapolis Home and remodelingshow dot com.
Speaker 3: Thanks that go, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Hi cha Morn't you here? We are top of the morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: From the building her Mamer studios over there, cast on thousands, including Mark Parrish and the Great Parker Fox. Is what we're hanging out, Parky? When do you go to the Olympics.
Speaker 5: I don't leave until the ninth. Taylor has a game to night. Frost play tonight at home eight pm. I think it's on FanDuel as well, so check it out. And then she leaves tomorrow morning goes to JFK. The team meets there in JFK, and then they fly over to Milan. So I leave the ninth and I'm fired up. I'm ready to get over to Milan. The Olympics are here. It's gonna be it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: So you have a week and a half by yourself to watch Curb without her.
Speaker 3: Judging you exactly right every night.
Speaker 1: That's all I'll do.
Speaker 3: And I knew I liked you.
Speaker 1: That's all I'll do at least an episode before I go to bed every night.
Speaker 2: And how many how many you know adventures do you have playing in Italy that are not watching Taylor.
Speaker 5: Related Lake Como almost like, which is outstanding? Which okay, good, I'm excited. I've never been to Italy. So and then I'm going to Venice and Sink with Tara.
Speaker 1: I think it's called Sink with Tarra.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the mountains on the the like the homes, yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: And then we're gonna hopefully go to Courtina, which is where so people that don't don't know ice hockey, figure skating, figure skating, and speed skating are in Milan and then everything else is five hours away and Courtina where the downhill and the mountains are and everything.
Speaker 1: So hopefully go up there for a day.
Speaker 5: It's really expensive to get tickets to things, but to just kind of be a part of it and be around the energy will be cool.
Speaker 1: Not get free tickets.
Speaker 5: She gets free tickets for herself, and then we get tickets to her game, not to other events. So like even to just go to like one US men hockey game, it's a thousands something bucks.
Speaker 4: So yeah, well, and you know, it was cool, Like one of my favorite parts of six being in Torino. It was like going around to the piazzas and everything and they just had different concerts and everything going on there all the time.
Speaker 1: I remember we were going to we were going to this.
Speaker 4: One place that had Incrediblenocchi, and uh Avril Levine was just kind of sitting up on the stage doing a concert just live in the piazza while people were walking around. It was it was so yeah, it's just I'm sure that they're gonna have even better experiences.
Speaker 1: Because that was twenty years I hope I run in a Snoop dogg.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that'd be cool. Cool he might be there. I would rather meet him than Afril Levine.
Speaker 4: He's going to be a part of the coverage, right, Yeah, they're having a pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It'll be fun. It's gonna be the last.
Speaker 2: You didn't meet her even when she was dating Chad from nickelback. Uh, No, she never or married married they were married. No, I never saw her on the road.
Speaker 4: It's just yeah, when I wasn't tell her when I was on the road with them or vice versas. She was never with But no, I mean I discussed her many times with Chad.
Speaker 3: Yeh was Chad a skater boy? S K eight?
Speaker 1: I do not think so? Did She's later? He's a big guy later b O. I was he good enough for her? Well? One of them wasn't good enough for.
Speaker 3: The other.
Speaker 1: TA photographs, you know what I mean. I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Gentleman never tells you know those rock stars. Yeah, I'm sure they don't. Ready sauce.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor Parker.
Speaker 6: Last night, number three Michigan battled number five Nebraska. Number three Michigan won seventy five seventy two. Nebraska is no longer undefeated. They are twenty and one. Yeah, really really fun game.
Speaker 5: One of those games where Nebraska is in control the whole game. Their best player didn't play either rank MAST and rank. He's Dutch K yeah, rank R E I N K and then his last name is masked, but yeah, he's probably their best player. He was out with the flu. And then their freshman feet on Brandon Flagler, he was out with a ankle injury. And Nebraska's in control the whole game, but Michigan pulled it out at the end, one by two, and yeah, and did Nebraska's kind of historic twenty and ozer run. Two other teams have gone twenty to oh in the last twenty five years, Final four and Sweet sixteen. So something to think about when you're looking at Nebraska in March.
Speaker 3: Wait, what was it? What did you what did you say?
Speaker 5: Two other teams? I think two Big Ten teams have gone twenty and oh. Yeah, two Big Ten teams have gone twenty and oh and they were a Final four team. It was Ohio State and then a Sweet sixteen team. So Nebraska, they're on track to be at least a Sweet sixteed team if history repeats itself. Something to think about when you're making your brackets in March?
Speaker 2: Was that the Greg Odin Mike Conley, Yeah, seven, I think yeah, I think it was.
Speaker 3: And then like that Kentucky team they in twenty fifteen, they were undefeated until.
Speaker 5: Tends that but yeah, the Kentucky team was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, the Kentucky Fried Chickens. You like, don't you? The Gopher rings rings? What's my goal for the rest of the day, Get onion rings? You're like that, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Keep the expectations low. You can't be let down if you don't expect.
Speaker 3: You know, get them. Well, I'm going to. No one's going to stop me.
Speaker 6: The Gopher men's basketball team battles Wisconsin tonight at eight in Madison. The Badgers are an eight and a half point favorite. Your Gophers have lost five straight, Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've been struggling injuries, and you play good teams and this league is tough. They lost to Wisconsin at home on a buzzer beater. Arguably, I thought they were the better team for thirty nine and a half minutes, but John Blackwell hit a buzzer beater to win it at home. And now you've got to go to Madison play in the coal center and cade Tyson. Your best player is day to day with an ankle injury, so it's gonna be a tough one, especially if he doesn't play. But nonetheless, it's a it's a border battle.
Speaker 2: Sorry, help us out here, because I I watched a good chunk of Saturday's game out of the corner of my eye.
Speaker 3: But I was at least.
Speaker 2: Watching the Nebraska Minnesota game when I was getting my ass kick playing cards. Oh, they played so well first half, right ball movement, unbelievable. Obviously they had undefeated Nebraska in the ropes. Yeah for the up six or eight or something at halftime, playing really well. Then they got blown out in the second half. I think everybody knows that this team doesn't have enough talent long term to compete. Right, but what do you like out of Nico's style or what do you feel that's different now.
Speaker 3: That Nico's doing that?
Speaker 2: Gopher fan should start attaching themselves too well.
Speaker 5: I think the thing that's encouraging is you look at a team that only has seven guys and a couple of them come from the mid major level. There's a couple of them, you know that came with Nico from Colorado State. So it's one of those situations where you know you don't have that upper echelon of talent, but then they are in games, they're playing with a top five team in the country.
Speaker 1: You're up six at half.
Speaker 5: So I think it's encouraging just to watch Nico's offense, Like if you're a basketball purist, you get to see the way the ball is moving, the people are moving. You can tell he wants guys that can pass, cut, and shoot and be able to do that from all five positions. So for me, as just kind of like the basketball nerd, it really encourages me just looking at the offensive style.
Speaker 3: And then they just play so hard.
Speaker 5: They play against anybody they were able to compete with Nebraska, So you put yourself in that position over and over again. You're going to give yourself opportunities to win games like they did against Iowa and Indiana. And now it's gonna be tough with olk Tyson to night, but going out in the future, you're gonna get more talent, You're gonna get this upper echelon.
Speaker 1: Of talent, and then you just kind of trust what Nico does.
Speaker 3: So dumb question, how would you have fit or not fit in with this program.
Speaker 1: I would have loved it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, really good for my game, just with the ball movement, the screening, the IQ. So many guys play with really high IQ, Like you see him get all these wide open shots and layups, and that's because there's just so much cutting and movement going on. So I really, I really think it would have been beneficial to my game.
Speaker 2: Is it too late to appeal for fifteen year of eligibility?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny is I like jumped one time after Taylor's game. They have a hoop downstairs where they warm up, and I like went for a dunk one time, and then we went home and I was like, God, my knee is sore. There's a reason why I don't play anymore. So yeah, I'm good, Corey.
Speaker 1: Ye all right.
Speaker 6: The Wild trailed three nothing into the middle of the second period when Trennan scored. The Wild then got two more to force ot, and then they in a shootout, with capriceofs scoring the only game. In the shootout. The Wild are thirty fourteen and ten. Did he not well?
Speaker 3: Kind did score the only goals.
Speaker 1: They scored their only goal in the shootout of the game. What it's okay, we have to say that saw see we got you no first time.
Speaker 4: The Wild we're able to come back from down three this year.
Speaker 3: All three games did nothing. You just heard to explain.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, it was uh.
Speaker 4: Chicago came out, they were playing well while we were a little flat early on.
Speaker 1: They obviously jumped out to the three nothing lead.
Speaker 4: Wild We're able to just keep killing off penalties, and they kind of built enough confidence and enough belief into that where Yakav trenion I was able to get things going, ericson K got one on the power play, and then Spurgeon gets one with two minutes or so, a little under two minutes to go in the play, just as they pulled. Vall said, So, it's just it shows the character. It shows what this team's made of. It shows the belief in that room that they're just not scared of being down whatever they are, as long as they stick to the process and keep working hard, and you know, sometimes you just got to gut them out there.
Speaker 1: They don't come easy.
Speaker 4: The game's kind of ugly and rough, and it doesn't feel like you get any flow. The lines don't seem to get any kind of rhythm going and you just kind of street fight it out. And that was what the Wild did last night. They absolutely gut it out to find two points.
Speaker 8: Sacho, your thoughts, Yeah, the parish talked about the penalty kill and the Wild tich penalty three on three overtime with just under two minutes ago and had to kill off a penalty for the last two minutes basically of overtime and four on three, you know, parish, I mean, that is very tough to kill off. There's a lot of open ice to work with, and they just ap barely got it. Faber made a huge play at the end, and it's one of those wins that you know, they did not look phase when they were down three nothing. They just stuck to it and certainly I think a character building win for a team that just wants to get to the break with some momentum before we have a playoff push in a few weeks.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's a great point, Zach, because yeah, you typically in ot when you're that team that goes up four to three and you've got more or less a full two minutes that that should be game over. That truly should be game over, especially got Connor Berdard. You got some guys that can bury the puck out there for Chicago. That was an incredible kill of Alsteed's played great the shots, blocking favor, even using his face, you know, whatever it absolutely took to get the job done in ot they did there, And yeah, that was a great point, Zach, and the way they were able to capriz off just he makes it look so easy, so easy that goal. I mean he literally just kind of comes in for a nice little skate when and that's the beauty of the beauty of a sniper. You know, he's got that movement going right to left in front of Spencer Night.
Speaker 1: And if Spencer Knight does.
Speaker 4: Not keep his feet moving as soon as he stops and Kaprizov's got that open hole, he's gonna he just buries it. And Caprizo absolutely picked the corner one night and made him look a little uh pedestrian on that goal.
Speaker 5: To be honest with you, it's so fun watch hot watching hockey with like hockey people like I watched it with Taylor last night and she saw like the moment Carill went left to right and then he's coming back right to left. She goes low blocker. Boom, he shoots at low blocker and scars. It's just like, how do you use the hockey? People are just.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what you're waiting for, right because you take that angle and you're waiting.
Speaker 1: You're just watching the goalie or you're watching your.
Speaker 4: Spot because either the spot's just gonna just open up and just be an enormous hold up for you to hit, or the goalie is just gonna stop moving and you're gonna see like half the net.
Speaker 8: It's kind of like watching basketball with basketball people, and you know, like the guy guy goes up to shoot it and you're like in the in the in the hoop, oh, in the hoop.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like watching kitchen nightmares with sauce. Would you do sauce?
Speaker 3: Read?
Speaker 1: Tell me more? How many games? Says Capriz, I've scored again?
Speaker 3: What really much?
Speaker 6: The Wolves battle the MAVs tonight at seven thirty in Dallas. The Wolves are a six and a half point pretty.
Speaker 1: Wolves. Yeah, there for a little bit.
Speaker 5: They went on that road trip, four game road trip, and they won the first one, beating Milwaukee, and then they lost five straight. Kind of got things figured out. Anthony Edward lists against the Warriors. Now you got to go play Cooper Flag and we'll see if Aunt plays. He's he's day to day with the foot injury as well. I think people are saying foot infection maybe, but some sort of foot injury, so who knows if he'll play or not.
Speaker 6: The NBA trade deadline is a week from tomorrow. Hawk, I know you're pumped.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. Who should we get Hawk? The whole team away?
Speaker 3: Okay? Oh?
Speaker 1: Even Aunt yep? Well, I mean the franchise were getting in return? Are we getting in return?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Big Mac? Okay, the sandwich that's right?
Speaker 3: How many?
Speaker 1: That's it's just one?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: This is going to go down as one of the worst trades in history.
Speaker 3: I think I don't think.
Speaker 6: We're definitely not loving it. The Super Bowl is a week from Sunday at five. The Seahawks and Pats will battle. The Hawks are a four and a half point favorite.
Speaker 4: Although this is kind of like, I just get a little frustrated with this. Two weeks of just NonStop talk of one game, Yeah, gets a little tiring.
Speaker 6: Well, they've tried to break it up because but who won eight Super Bowls was not voted in as a first ballot Hall of Famer.
Speaker 4: I like Jimmy Johnson's I saw Jimmy Johnson's tweet.
Speaker 1: Carter out there, Uh no, I believe that. Take a number fourth cheese. You didn't ask for that. I just wanted to die code.
Speaker 6: The Bills are promoting their heads coat or excuse me there, offensive coordinator Joe Brady to their head coach, and the Titans hired Brian Dable to be their offensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: Sounds like Dable has the same bit as Flora's right, where if he still gets the Raiders job though, he would leave. Oh really Yeah, that's what everybody was reporting yesterday that he's still in the mix for the Raiders head coaching job.
Speaker 3: But if that.
Speaker 2: Doesn't happen, then he's going to Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Like McCarthy said, he wants Aaron Rodgers back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe I don't blame him.
Speaker 1: I can't blame him either, why not?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Forty three? I mean as much as he annoys me, good for him.
Speaker 6: How much?
Speaker 3: How old is up?
Speaker 1: Super Bowl play a play a pro sport? Until then, it's incredible?
Speaker 3: Eighty eight?
Speaker 1: Incredible? Am I being crazy? Eighty eight years old?
Speaker 8: Is now Yeah, how old Tom Brady super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Huh old to start forty three old ago two years forty three one. It's incredible they got you can do it? You laugh that ready. I put a bunch of number of things on it just to have it. I know, I got a bunch of things. I'm trying to freshen it up in here because I know my body right now.
Speaker 3: Well, we got to get back to doing the things that made us great.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what they were. I don't remember me either. Were we ever great? Come on, scroll over, buddy, you were funny.
Speaker 3: We used to We used to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys used to make me laugh. Last I have a laugh here in months.
Speaker 3: Well that's over. It's over.
Speaker 1: Vikings News is next more with Parish and Parker after this.
Speaker 3: I'm the fan. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You guys might have said it ninety four times yesterday and I just didn't hear it. But I didn't know that like day and a half after he lost the AFC Championship game, but whole Eyes fired his offensive coordinator Candem. Yeah, I didn't know that. It was snowing a bit and he had his backup quarterback. Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why would you take the blame when you can just fire your That's not good enough.
Speaker 1: He might have tried to fire somebody else. But it's hard to see when you got butthole eyes. Yeah, but whole eyes on the power presented. I don't have any of you. Guess I got nothing. I said, the butthole ie thing. That's all I had. The Vikings aren't playing.
Speaker 3: They aren't playing.
Speaker 2: Sean Payton is not our coach, thank god.
Speaker 3: What about the Minnesota Connections, Ay.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah we have any of those. It's the it's the new Arena footballing team, Minnesota Connections.
Speaker 3: Oh it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not bad like miss Connections on Craigslist. I remember that. That was so much fun. I said that out loud. Ye tell me about that. I don't even know that. When you get some strange.
Speaker 6: You basically would go on that website and if you saw somebody in public, you right, like I saw some lady wearing this where you.
Speaker 3: Do know who this is? She was at the whatever wherever.
Speaker 2: Then you would say, you know, I was the douchebag dressed in all black that was eating chicken fingers. I thought you looked at me if you did and you see this reach out to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it was.
Speaker 2: It was if you guys were you know, two ships okay, crossing in the knife and you just didn't connect, maybe you could.
Speaker 3: Find a way to find love on.
Speaker 5: So this is kind of like a thing on TikTok now too, where somebody would be like, oh I saw this if you were in the MSP airport today drinking iced tea or whatever, and then the caption.
Speaker 3: Is TikTok do it do your thing? Sure? Yeah, same concept. Yeah, yeah, I've.
Speaker 1: Got one right here.
Speaker 3: Oh you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I saw you take up four parking spots at the grocery store in a Dinah. You had a young child and a huge head. Oh jeez, I know that guy.
Speaker 3: It's either me or hey Arnold.
Speaker 1: Hey Arnold got a kid?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get well, he's probably forty.
Speaker 3: He's a man.
Speaker 1: We locked eyes for a moment, but all you.
Speaker 3: Could think about were the apple fritters.
Speaker 1: I'm calling the cops. Why, I'm just reading the misconnection. Okay, you went there and walked past the apple fritters and didn't buy him.
Speaker 3: You posted him on so if I did not buy him? No, they look Yeah, they're delicted. Didn't you buy hyah because it's not Saturday?
Speaker 4: Fan?
Speaker 1: Did you circle back around again? You're only allowed to eat apple fritters on set?
Speaker 6: Really go and get him on Saturday. They're speaking of Saturday or an. If you go into the thing, Must invited us too.
Speaker 1: I got a gig. It's just so far away?
Speaker 6: Am I the only one that is going to go?
Speaker 1: Let's where?
Speaker 3: Hold on?
Speaker 2: Check this out? Let's let's go through this quickly. Sick who doesn't love Must? But this is the funniest thing ever to me? So yesterday at let me see what time this is? Oh, Monday, Monday at ten thirty seven pm. Interesting time, Interesting time for a for a group text. He sends a text to the entire Power Trip nation, Right, everybody this on this show, saying, hey, how about Saturday bloodies and.
Speaker 3: Balls at launch Patch? He goes, who's in?
Speaker 1: That was?
Speaker 3: Monday night?
Speaker 1: Yesterday at six forty four in the morning.
Speaker 2: Tommy Olsen says, what time, Muss and then Criesel says I'd love to, but I'm busy. Three hours later, Mus says locking it down, thinking ten am, bring a plus one? So no one says yes, No one one person, Tommy says what time, and mus is like nope, locked in, we're doing this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not one person has been like absolutely, I'm available, I can be there. Sounds great confirmed, but he confirmed it, he locked it up.
Speaker 3: That's optimism right there.
Speaker 4: He's assuming another friends, you want to know what you.
Speaker 1: Say about that.
Speaker 4: As you guys know, I'm so great on text change.
Speaker 1: I did not see that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And I got a text from Muss yesterday that uh uh, saying like, hey, just wondering, not so much if you're going to be there. Just wanted Nikki, this is going to be available for the wife.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What he does doesn't even want me to be there.
Speaker 2: He's checking for plus ones before he gets confirmations.
Speaker 6: From the I think I'm the only one going because he text me yesterday about.
Speaker 1: How come you didn't respond on the group text.
Speaker 6: I don't know because it was a ten forty seven at night. I've been asleep for three hours.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you've been a three sleep for three hours this morning. Listeners have listeners, we lost them all. I hate us all.
Speaker 2: So you're going, yeah, okay, so your Muss is plus one got something, the only one going.
Speaker 3: We'll have fun. With bloodies and balls on Saturday?
Speaker 1: Is your wife going on? Uh?
Speaker 3: Uh mark.
Speaker 4: Uh as you guys can imagine. I completely forgot to ask her.
Speaker 3: How about this?
Speaker 2: How about sauce and muscow golfing? And if I go, you guys go golfing on Saturday.
Speaker 1: That's why I would go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And how about all the wives go to your house and go sauna?
Speaker 6: Okay house, same, you can.
Speaker 1: All go there. Here's currently the head coach tracker in the NFL. Case you're wondering, and I was, I was wondering. The New York Giants hired to The Pittsburgh Steelers hired Mike McCarthy, The Tennessee Titans hired Robert Salah, The Dolphins hired Jeff Haffley.
Speaker 3: Is that one? I don't know?
Speaker 1: The Packers DC, The Baltimore Ravens hired Jesse Mentor. Yeah, the Atlanta Falcons hired Kevin Stefanski, and the Buffalo Bills hired Joe Brady. That leaves the Raiders, the Browns, and the Cardinals without head coaches as we speak, the Cardinals the Browns, And it.
Speaker 4: Was weird surprising the other jobs went first. I've heard a whole bunch of them.
Speaker 3: Man, oh, man's got to come out.
Speaker 2: I've heard a whole bunch of Raiders rumors right about who Brady might like, Tom Brady might like for a whole bunch of browns MS. One name connected to Arizona, isn't that weird?
Speaker 3: One? Not one? No, And I'm not even saying people aren't reporting.
Speaker 2: It's like nobody's saying, here's three names that might pop up in Arizona.
Speaker 3: No one is talking about the Cardinals. No one cares.
Speaker 4: It's the last in the pecking order, waiting, waiting to see what's left.
Speaker 3: Looks like it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Ron Rivera has an in person interview with Arizona card.
Speaker 4: I mean that's I forgot, man, It's been a while since I've heard that name. Ron Rivera's like the name that's popped up the most here.
Speaker 1: Federal government is investigating more NBA games as part of illegal gambling probe.
Speaker 3: Brilliant It's happening.
Speaker 1: The continuing to investigate possible legal sports gambling on NBA games are looking into additional games beyond the seven contest named by the d o J this fall. Lawyers for the s Attorney's Office have indicated that they are examining more games that may have been tainted as part of the scheme that allegedly ensentered Miami heat guard Terry Rozier and former Toronto Raptor center Jean deve Porter.
Speaker 5: Sure, oh yeah, John Day Yeah, when he was in Toronto yep.
Speaker 1: And his brothers Michael Porter.
Speaker 3: Sure, they don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: Hey, uh, just between you and me, Parker, Yeah, did you ever shave any points? No?
Speaker 3: I did not, no one, you and me.
Speaker 1: But it is listening right hawks. I could tell you if I.
Speaker 3: Did no damage your knee, so you would, you know, hit the under.
Speaker 1: And now that's that's committing ins committed.
Speaker 5: I did have I won't say if they were teammates or opponents, but I did see people do things that.
Speaker 1: Made you raise your eyebrus Yeah, yeah, I wonder that going to be my next honest question. Is you ever see anything that made you go come on next?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think like the turnover bit was all because they have these prop bets, right, so in the college level, they aren't paying as close of attention, so they just put like some random players turnover at point five or one point five, And actually Michael Porter Junior, who's John ted Porter's brother, who kind of came out and said, like, imagine like your homies back, if you could get your homies ten grand on just turning the ball over twice, wouldn't you do it?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: If there was no consequences from it and you feel like you can still win the game just having two turnovers, like it's not that big of a thing, wouldn't you do it? And I'm like, I mean, personally, I wouldn't know, but I get with your game. I get where people are coming from. Like I get the argument.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you can stop that in real time right basketball players taking a fall?
Speaker 1: But how about what happened over the weekend with you FC? Do you guys see that?
Speaker 2: No, So there was a fight between Alexander Hernandez and Michael Johnson. Hours before the card was scheduled to start, The UFC announced that it had lost that matchup because irregular slash suspicious betting activity. Whoa Dana White said, quote it happened again. We got called from the Gaming Integrity Service and I said, I'm not doing this bleep again. So we pulled the fight. Wow, So last second money was coming in that was suspicious, and they're like, something's up, something's going on. So they just said we're not doing this, We're not going to have a fight, and then find out later that somebody took a fall or that it's so they just pulled the fight last second.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's crazy. I kind of like that. That's that's you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's changed since DraftKings, Fan Duel, whatever, all these different apps options, but they keep saying that. You know, they do have safeguards in place. They get red flagged and they if they notify the league that something's up, and I don't know if the league investigates, I don't know if they hire somebody else to investigate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any kind of suspicious betting.
Speaker 3: That's why again these people are dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so many ways to do it subtly and still get paid and still you could take a fall. But man, the red flags go up if something strange comes in.
Speaker 6: Oh, like the guy the balls and strikes bit and the first pitch it was be a ball and a strike and it would be literally thrown in the dirt. You're like, what's going on here, what's happening it's like, well, let's go back and look at that pitch. Oh, somebody bet ninety billion dollars the first pitch will be a ball.
Speaker 1: That's suspicious, right, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Not five dollars, No, fifty thousand, million, gazillion dollars was bet on this guy throwing a ball to start the fourth inning. And that seems off. They're just dumb. Yeah, all the guys that are getting caught or dumb. That's why again, I have a lot of respect for you know, heist teams that do it the right way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, plan it out.
Speaker 2: You've said that a lot. I really do. I have a lot of respect for him. You know, take your craft seriously. Yeah, you know, Chris, your hands.
Speaker 3: Don't meet too yet.
Speaker 1: Professional kind of a different action. But I had this mark and I forgot about until right now. And it is football. Admittedly a small sample size, but The Atlantic did a poll, a secret poll with NFL players, asked seventy seven players, have you ever hidden concussion symptoms from a doctor? Do you have the number of the percentage wise of how many of the seventy seven players said yes, it's very high hidden. It's very high.
Speaker 2: Concussion from the Independent doctor, a doctor, yep, from a doctor.
Speaker 3: As from a.
Speaker 1: Doctor, I'll go ninety two percent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll go sixty, yeah, I'll go seventy five, one hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go like ninety nine nineteen point five percent, only nineteen that's what it says.
Speaker 3: That's good, that's it is encouraged.
Speaker 1: Good to hear eighty percent. Liars. I wonder as to a hockey team, or they don't remember not telling them, that's that's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're always told you that it is a good point hold your shoulder. If you get hit in the head, just hold your shoulder. It's a shoulder injury.
Speaker 1: Are you serious? Yeah, something. They always like that.
Speaker 5: It's not to you, of course, no, not to you. This is like you know, growing up that kind of thing. It's like, yeah, especially in football, you never wanted to get taken out for a concussion because then you're going to miss that game and then you're going to miss the next game. So it's like, as long as you can function, just hold your shoulder, so your shoulder hurts.
Speaker 4: As long as as you made it on the bench in hockey, like you're seeing stars, your dazy or whatever, all any of the symptoms.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's like, oh, just take a seat for a couple of shifts.
Speaker 4: You sit there, and whether you feel bad when you're not when the coach, the coach looks at you, he says, you feel better?
Speaker 1: You uh huh?
Speaker 3: And you know what?
Speaker 1: Jump back for you?
Speaker 3: Buddy?
Speaker 1: What what worked out? What are you talking about? You nailed it. Dating on concussions from the twenty twenty five season is not yet available, but according to the NFL, concussions decreased seventeen percent from twenty twenty three to twenty twenty four. Twelve percent drop. That's great to hear. Love to hear that, yep. As far as identify concussions, league's doctors continue to evaluate three to four players for every concussion. I'm sorry, let me see this again. League doctors quote continue to evaluate three to four players for every concussion diagnosis. Oh, I see, so they if they can, if they evaluate three to four players, one of them has a concussion. Yeah, got it. Let's see. A different AFC offensive player said, sometimes you go lights out for a second. You just have to play it off. You get in the huddle.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: One guy said, guys are stupid if they do that. You don't mess with your brain.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Also true.
Speaker 4: I agree with both of those because I was a player and thought one way and now I'm older and feel the other.
Speaker 5: Isn't crazy the difference when you're in the moment, the lights are bright and there's twenty thousand people there.
Speaker 1: Yep. You know what's cool about that?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: I have never had that. No, for real, I'm not now to get out there and get another shift now. I just mean doing anything in front of twenty thousand people. You know you guys have both done that. That must be an incredible thing. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was actually talking about the other night with Dawson Garcia and my former teammate.
Speaker 1: Is just the feeling. I loved it on the road.
Speaker 5: I don't know about you, but just like going into an away environment and you're not supposed to win, and you're playing a ranked team and beating them and just hearing the silence, and there's probably a moment of thirty seconds after the game where the crowd's quiet and you and the boys are just fired up and you know, chest bumping in the whole bit like that is. I think that's the moment that you search for forever after you're done playing sports.
Speaker 1: Uh oh one, Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Russia is scoring a goal in front of that many people and just not being able to hear your teammates congratulating.
Speaker 3: You, and yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Parker, Maddie Collin and I.
Speaker 4: That's where we truly bonded and became going very close in college because yeah, it was exciting getting the home rink going, and we had that tin roof in Saint claud It was just loudest the hell is loud as hell. And but yeah, when you could go into went to North Dakota, into the old Dungeon and the old for You're going to marry you to or wherever you go into the opposing building and you can just get them going crazy and have it stop on the pin drop and you can hear nothing. All you hear in that ginormous building.
Speaker 3: You and your boys, You and your boys.
Speaker 1: That's the beast, the beast.
Speaker 3: Parker helped me out with this.
Speaker 2: I think it was Sports Center, but somebody in the last day or two on Instagram posted a breakdown of booing at the foul line, right like booing the opponent when they shoot free throws, and according to this post, I didn't fact check it. Somebody can do it for me if you want. Free throw percentages of opposing players that are road players that are shooting into a booing crowd are almost identical to when they shoot at home. Really, so the theory is is that booing people shooting free throws has almost no effect on opposing players.
Speaker 1: I probably agree.
Speaker 5: I wasn't a great free throw shooter as it was, so it's hard for me to comment too much. But I do remember one of my first Big Ten games on the road was at do and if you guys know, that's a you know, crazy environment. And Zach Edy followed me, so of course no one in that building believes it was a foul, and you know, Zach Edy's arguing with it. And I go to the free throw line and I couldn't hear myself dribble the ball like you know when you get the response of the ball in the ground really crazy. So I'd take my first dribble to shoot the free throw, and I couldn't hear the ball bounce back up to me, so I like lost it in my hands. And I wasn't like nervous, It was just so loud that I couldn't focus on what was going on, and I remember just kind of throwing it up there and saying, if it goes in, it goes in, if not, and it went in, and it was just like the greatest feeling ever because I was like, there's no way I should.
Speaker 2: Have made that shooting blind home not a good Yeah, I'm not a good free throw shooter as it is.
Speaker 5: I'm tensing up. No one in this build. Everybody in this building wants me to miss. And somehow it went in and I was like, oh great, and then I missed the second one, of course.
Speaker 1: But talking to you about that, because obviously there's the shootouts and stuff like that, Mark, which I'm sure you've done, but there can't be anything more intense than shooting a free throw mm hmm in the last seconds of a game at an awake. Yeah. I can't imagine what.
Speaker 3: The must be like, dude.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 5: I mean, usually I wasn't the one shooting him at the end of the game, but yeah, I can I can only imagine, especially when some of those student sections are behind the hoop, so like Michigan State, they have all.
Speaker 3: Their fans behind the hoop, and you.
Speaker 5: Get like the spiraling things and but I guess you said, there's.
Speaker 3: So, but that does.
Speaker 2: But their point was the bootying is not the difference that if you want to really distract him, it's the optical illusion behind the basket.
Speaker 3: If you make it look like it's tilted or if there's some kind of.
Speaker 2: Wave, you can definitely distract them, not necessarily audibly.
Speaker 5: The best one was like what everyone's choreographed, and then right before you're about to shoot, everyone like dips their hands to one.
Speaker 1: Side, so it like feels like the viewpoint. Yeah, then airballs to the laughter.
Speaker 5: I guess Arizona State was always the best for that, and they had the curtain of I don't know if you remember this, but they had like a curtain behind the hoop and then they would open up the curtain and something would come through. And Michael Phelps came through one time with all his gold medals and the kid missed it. But actually, yeah, you got to look it up. It's the curtain of something. I can't remember what it's what it's called, but it's at Arizona State basketball games. But actually at my Division two before I transferred to Minnesota to hit on a free throw story we would have a weekend called I Hate Winter Weekend, and everyone would dress up in floral and tropical, and the girls basketball team would wear would wear bikinis and trench coats and they would go stand underneath the other team's hoop and then as the guy would shoot it, they would open up the coats on you for the morning, and we played med Cato and the kid air ball the free throw in front of our girls basketball team as they opened up their tragic coats, and.
Speaker 1: All the time it was the best. That's cool. Yeah, man, I've never thought about things like that. Even just dribbling the ball on the court in front of that many people. I can't even imagine. It's all a slow state.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I can't dribble the ball in front of it. You don't hear. It's just part of the game.
Speaker 5: The curtain of distraction, Yeah, the curtain of distractions that have like fake pregnancies, and they open up the curtain and like they'll just do wild stuff.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fantastic. You get a celebrity involve that's almost cheap. Yeah, there's felt.
Speaker 3: I mean the computer froze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I spent a good ten years doing live commercial with YouTube, basically miming sex acts in front of me.
Speaker 6: One time we actually had yeah, and then you screwed up.
Speaker 3: We're like, you screw up, screw Oh I thought you were.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was great. He was above me.
Speaker 8: The crazy thing was it was only a thirty second spot and you guys were done halfway through.
Speaker 1: Each other. Good old days, things like that. Remember we did the great things. You didn't have cameras. Besides bodily fluids, you know what else?
Speaker 3: You can share windows?
Speaker 2: I didn't say that one uh fan five and a second headlines later, more of the Power Trip Morning Show after this on the Fan